Speaker 1: It's Night's size d Ray. I'm telling you Mazy Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Out Now, I will remind you that this is the twentieth hour of the week.
Speaker 2: For those of you who are just listening for the first.
Speaker 3: Time, or maybe are not regular listeners of Nightside, we are on the air twenty hours a week, five nights a week, four hours a night Monday through Friday. Do the math twenty hours. So this is the last hour of the night of the week. It's the twentieth hour. And since March of this year, we have conducted a snap presidential poll just to see where my listenership is now. Back in March and April and May and June. The names before the audience were Donald Trump, Joe Biden, and RFK Junior. Well, two of those have left the stage. It is now down to Donald Trump and Vice President Harris. So I am going to ask all of you to you can make a little bit of a comment. I'm not looking for long conversations this hour. Basically, if the election were held today, and we will do this on the last Friday, We've done at the the eleven o'clock hour on the final Friday.
Speaker 2: Some months.
Speaker 3: It was the like the today's the thirtieth, so this is the last Friday of the month.
Speaker 2: That's pretty simple. Let's get to the phones.
Speaker 3: We will try to pack as many people in as we can within reason. I want to give everybody a minute or so if they want to tell me why.
Speaker 2: If they just want to tell me who they're owing for, that's fine too. Let's start it up. Rob.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows the numbers. Write him down six, one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, six, one, seven, nine, three, ten thirty. Let's start it off with Ron and Waymouth. Ron, you are first this Snappole night in August.
Speaker 4: Hey, Ron, good, thank you, good.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm glad I'm first for change.
Speaker 6: But I think that who would win the election if it was today?
Speaker 2: No, I want to know who you're going to vote for?
Speaker 4: Oh Trump?
Speaker 2: Okay, I thank you very much, appreciate it. Thank you. Let's go next to Andy.
Speaker 3: In some of them, Andy, we talked about your hometown last hour. With all the problems at the library, I'm surprised.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you about this. You know, Kurt to Tony, he had some problems, but he took care, you know, he got things done. This knew me. You know, the woman Valentine. You know she has no clue, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, well you should have called in last dog, because I don't want to change out the anyway, who would you vote for?
Speaker 7: I think it's going to come down to, uh, you know, neck and neck that's going right now. I don't know, it could be you know, either one.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm going to put you down as undecided.
Speaker 8: Right, okay, okay?
Speaker 3: Were you at some point leading one way or the other? Or have you been undecided since the campaign began?
Speaker 7: Uh? When they took out Biden, like I said, like a year ago he has dementia in you know, in which he probably has you.
Speaker 3: Know, but well you're not a doctor, so you don't know that. But just tell me who were you? Have you always been undecided? Or were you favoring one or the other? And now you're undecided?
Speaker 7: Now I'm undecided.
Speaker 2: You know, we've established that.
Speaker 3: Were you at any point prior to being undecided committed mentally to voting for either Trump, Biden, Harris?
Speaker 7: Trump and Harris? I kind of like before you know, Kennedy, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sam, so you're so you're you were a Kennedy voter and now you're still undecided. Okay, thank you, Andy, I appreciate it was I was asking what I thought would direct questions.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry if I confuse you. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's get one more in here before the break. Going to go to Jack and Newton. Jack, thank you much for calling back. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to talk while you were on the ground at Chicago. I should have called you, and I apologize.
Speaker 9: To Jack Porter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we could have had a good discussion on well we can still have it.
Speaker 9: Well, obviously, I'm for Kamala and she's on the uprise. I mean every pollo practically. You know, she's got the energy. And it's the unfavorability factor that Tom ben Van's have very bad unfavorabilities, a big differences of five to eight percent favorabily unfavorable compared to Kamala and Wells.
Speaker 2: So you think it's in the bag for Harris at this.
Speaker 9: Point, I would put one hundred dollars bets to anybody listening that it's going to be Kamala Erris. Okay, let's put it that way.
Speaker 2: No, that's fine, that's a pretty that's that's a lot of certainty there, Jack. We'll see. We're not going to bet. I'm not allowed to gamble here on on WBZ, but I suspect there would be a few people who would want to bet, who would want to take some of that action.
Speaker 3: Call me, make sure that you call me back after the election. I will remember this and we'll see if you were right or wrong.
Speaker 2: Thanks man, All right, buddy, Thanks Jack, talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: I got to get one more in here, maybe a couple before the break. We've got a strong start going.
Speaker 2: Joe and Belmont. Joe, who will it be if the election were hell today?
Speaker 10: Trump? Could I make a ninety second statement?
Speaker 2: How about how about a forty second statement? Joe?
Speaker 10: Sure? I think this is a prediction. What my intuition tells me. If the Anti Christian Party is elected Democrats, it'll it's our country is going to be doomed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you call him the anti Christian Party. I think that's sort of labeling. You know, Trump is labeled as the next Hitler or a fascist. I don't think that's fair. I don't think it's fair. Joe Biden, to the best of my knowledge, at this point is still the head of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: And I believe that he's a Christian. I believe he's Roman Catholic.
Speaker 10: Joe, for another night, If you took a poll, I think a lot of people would agree with me because of what's going on in the Bible.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Well we'll do a Bible show some night, Joe. Okay, and I'll want you to call it not.
Speaker 10: A Bible show, but just get an opinion poll.
Speaker 3: Okay, Joe, that's a good suggestion. Maybe we'll do that too. Thank you, Joe, have.
Speaker 2: A great weekend.
Speaker 10: Thank you, God, Bless God.
Speaker 2: Bless you too as well. Joe. Okay, we're going to go to Eileen. Eileen, who will it be if you? If I recall it, we're a JFK voter.
Speaker 11: I was, but now it's Donald Trump and JFK is part of his team.
Speaker 2: Well RFK is RFK?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Fair enough?
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, but my sister's not talking to me but sending me very angry emails because I I'm not voting.
Speaker 2: And see that's crazy.
Speaker 3: I think that the really part of this problem that we have as Americans is we're looking at people who happen to vote one way or the other. Even family members, close family members as our enemy. And I thought that the attack that several of the Kennedy siblings did on Robert F. Kennedy Junior. I happen to agree with Bill maher on that he has a right to his opinion. I have a right to my opinion.
Speaker 2: You have a right to your opinion, and your sister is a right to her opinion and to lose friendships over that. Politics have never gotten that contentious in my lifetime in America.
Speaker 11: Well, I just don't respond to her long emails that she sends me telling me how bad I am.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's certainly going to I'm sure she's very that if someone tells you how bad you are because you're voting for one candidate or the other, I don't think in the most in most instances, that's going to change people's minds. If anything, I think is going to have you dig in.
Speaker 2: More than more than before, right, so you can tell them it was probably counterproductive. Okay.
Speaker 11: Donald Trump has taken more criticism than he deserves and more criticism than anyone deserves, and I think a lot of people realize that. And I think he's a good man, and I think he was very effective during his first term, and I'm not that impressed with Tamala.
Speaker 2: Yep. Well, i'll tell you this.
Speaker 3: We're going to be broadcasting the debate on September tenth right here on night Side, and we'll give people an opportunity that night at eight o'clock to tell us what they expect to hear, and then we'll give them an opportunity on Tuesday, sept I believe it is Tuesday, September tenth, after the debate, they'll have an opportunity to react to it right here on Nightside.
Speaker 2: Eileen, have a great weekend. Okay, thank you so much, Thank.
Speaker 12: You so much too too.
Speaker 11: Good night.
Speaker 3: We'll take a very quick break. The only line that is open is six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. That's the one to dial. We will do this until just a little before midnight, and I'll give you the results. We'll see what the results entail. Six one seven, two five four ten thirty. That line is full, the only one that's opened six one seven, nine three one ten thirty.
Speaker 2: Coming right back on night.
Speaker 1: Side now, back to Dan Ray Line from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News.
Speaker 2: Radio, Okay, we're doing our August presidential poll. This is the first presidential poll we've done. We do it the last Friday of the month. Today is August thirtieth at eleven o'clock. This is the first presidential poll after the two convent and so you've had a chance to watch the Republicans, had a chance to watch the Democrats, and now I have a chance to express your support for one or the other. Matt is in Brighton, Matt next on Nightside, Who will it be? Matt?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 13: And then uh, you know, early on I was, you know, for Bobby. Soon after you know, he went with Shanahan and stuff. I faded away from that. Trump Paul the way, there's no other way it could be. It's the way this country needs to go. I'm glad that Bobby signed on very quickly. Gabbard signed on very quickly. And I think right now it's just down to the voters to hear both sides out and hear who could be most civil and relatable. And I think that's how it has to be.
Speaker 3: Wood we talked the other night. I hope there are several debates. There's one schedule that I'm aware of. I get confused. I follow this pretty closely. But you hear this report, you hear that report. I'd love to see four or five debates between now and November.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I think that's the best way to judge people is looking at the two of them standing up, you know, two people speaking off the top of their heads. They don't need prompt cards, prompters, they don't need, you know, any teleprompters. They don't need Q cards. They need to be able to express their ideas. Uh and to and to and to speak from their heart in their mind. Matt, appreciate you.
Speaker 13: And we needed two from the vps. We need to hear it. Two from walls.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we don't need five to the vps.
Speaker 2: Four or five from from the top of the ticket and a couple from the vps. Thanks, Matt, appreciate it. I'm going to keep rolling here. I want to make sure I take people as uh as when they dial in. Who we got next? Let me go to John in North Carolina. Second. No, this is the first time out of out of New England.
Speaker 3: Uh, well not tonight, been in this in this poll, John in North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Who's going to be John the.
Speaker 14: Next president of the United States, Donald J. Trump.
Speaker 2: All right, so you sound like a solid Trump voter.
Speaker 14: Yep, I'm not drinking the Kamala kool aid is.
Speaker 2: How is Trump in trouble in North Carolina?
Speaker 14: Not at all. He's gonna take it without a problem because we have very We've instituted very strict voter integrity procedures.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, John, thanks thanks for listening down there. I know you've been a regular caller over the years, and I really appreciate your loyalty to this program. Thank you.
Speaker 14: Thanks, Dan, good night, you have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: We're going to go next to Dave in Norwell, Massachusetts, a little closer to home.
Speaker 2: Dave, welcome, How are you, sir?
Speaker 8: Good Dan, Dan, have a good vacation next week.
Speaker 3: I'll be back live on September the ninth. Absolutely a little bit of a time to decompress. So, Dave, if the actual hell today, I think I know where you're coming from. But let's get it on the record.
Speaker 15: You get you get it right.
Speaker 8: I I told you that Joe would resign if he couldn't do it, and he did, and everybody was like, guys, like the wrong guy for the running for the president. He came to that same conclusion. I mean, that guy's a hero.
Speaker 2: I think got all Mighty must have called him and said, Joe.
Speaker 8: You got to.
Speaker 2: I don't know that that she's got all Mighty.
Speaker 3: But he said it would only be got all Mighty who would who would get him out? Maybe he had one of those as they say, I come to Jesus moment. So Dave, I want to hear it from you.
Speaker 2: I don't want.
Speaker 3: I'm starting to write it down here, but I'm thinking it's going to begin with the letter H.
Speaker 10: Listen.
Speaker 8: Of course I'm going to go. I'm going to go with the Democrats. But you know something I'd like to say is I was a Republican for a long time, and.
Speaker 15: The whole party is destroyed.
Speaker 3: Who was the last Republican you voted for for president? Just for curiosity Bush?
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 8: The first one?
Speaker 2: So that was nineteen eighty eight, and then I voted.
Speaker 8: For him when he when he lost the election to Clain.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you vote the last time you voted for Republican for president was thirty two years ago.
Speaker 2: You didn't vote for.
Speaker 8: Actually the first time that the younger Bush, I first time I voted for him. The second time I did not.
Speaker 15: Okay, took him a very good job.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he actually had a better first term than the second term with that state. So he didn't vote for John McCain, didn't vote for Mitt Romney, and of course you haven't.
Speaker 15: No, no, no. I like for Rack and he he had a really he had a really good uh No. He looked at the world but a lot like I do. And the same with Tamala.
Speaker 8: I think that's problem.
Speaker 3: The first guy who's going over two hours two minutes, So I got it.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much, Danie, just give me plenty of time.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks your loyalty to Nightside as welcome.
Speaker 8: All right, talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: All right, keeping rolling the here we're going to go next, Oh Idaho, Laurie, Hi, Laurie, how are you tonight.
Speaker 12: I'm doing well. I'm just calling in to hit the repeat button on Trump. Okay, but I will say that, you know, as to keep it close to the fifth moderate Republican. This is the only poll I will speak to.
Speaker 2: So well, thank you.
Speaker 3: I had a tough letter from a woman last night who accused us of being being juvenile when we were talking about some of the questions that Dan and bash asked last night, particularly the one about the delf with the pancakes, And I don't think that the listener, who was a very kind sent a very kind email, I don't think they understood that we weren't making fun.
Speaker 2: Of Kamala Harris, Kamala Harris. We were making fun of day.
Speaker 12: Right exactly exactly the interview exactly.
Speaker 2: The story started to be told about pancakes and bacon. I would great, great to hear, but but can you tell me about Ukraine or there were some other more important issues.
Speaker 12: That's the thing. The point was the follow up question. There was none, and all you're talking about is pancakes. Well, at least throw up a follow up question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but our effort of humor might have been enjoyed by some, but there were some that didn't enjoy it. But it was a very polite email, a woman who identified herself as kind of being a fan of nights, but she felt we weuld be in juvenile So I'm just I'm telling you that we both were were accused of being younger than we both are, so that's we can compliment.
Speaker 12: Absolutely absolutely, thank you.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Hey, what's going to happen on that murder trial. I keep hearing stuff that they were trying to change a venue, that this is.
Speaker 12: The Yeah, it finally has come in and I heard a little update today. I haven't been around listening as much, but they did go to court and what I think I heard in the update has been determined that there is not at this point, he's not going to the power of the judge, I guess, is not going to agree to a change of venue. They think that they can get a fair trial where he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so there's things.
Speaker 12: This thing is starting to get rolling. We're going to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean it's been on what two years since since the crime?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, just yeah, yeah, just about I think they were already in school and going when it happened. But ye oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I think there was some snow on the ground, so maybe it was later in the year than it was.
Speaker 12: It was, Yeah, it was, it was definitely they've been in school for a while.
Speaker 2: But so is that a year and a half or two? Is that a year and a half or two and a half.
Speaker 12: I think a year and a half, a year and a half. I think a year and a half, Ye be too long, you too, thank you. I'm going to Dave Matthews.
Speaker 3: Good for you, right, okay, fun, but thanks. Next up is Patricia, a little close to home in Stoneham. Hi Patricia, welcome next on Nightside.
Speaker 16: Hi Jan how you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great?
Speaker 3: Thank you for calling in. Who's it going to be for you this time? If the election were hell tonight.
Speaker 12: God will and it's Trump, Oh we gotta we have a Sam. I'm right in a blue state.
Speaker 2: Just as long as you're not red in the face, that's all we care.
Speaker 16: Right, well, you know how you say. But I've been listening to like different clips from Camela talking. She's the one. She's loaded in half of them to her voice, and you know with the tonight oh yeah, we have to.
Speaker 2: I think sometimes it's difficult to follow. But at the same time, we were kidding last night, I was kidding with Laurie and Idaho when somehow, some way she was She was very good in terms of working in the fact that on Sunday morning when Joe Biden called her, they were having pan cakes with the grandchildren and then they had some extra bacon, and it was like, you know, I just I was waiting.
Speaker 3: To date it to follow up and say what type of pancakes blueberry or or chocolate chip? You know, just drill down, drill down, deep on the important issues of the day.
Speaker 16: Yeah, well, she's not loaded by ten o'clock in the morning for breakfast.
Speaker 2: Oh you were tough. You were tough.
Speaker 12: I'm an irishman.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Patricia.
Speaker 16: All right, thanks Dan?
Speaker 2: Right, good night.
Speaker 3: Only line is six one, seven, nine, three, ten thirty. We'll go back to the full lines and Ken is in Florida.
Speaker 2: Ken, welcome back. How are you?
Speaker 10: Dan?
Speaker 17: I'm awesome. I'm on speakerphone. Is this okay?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because it's not going to be a long conversation tonight.
Speaker 17: Oh, Dan, Well, I might surprise you. First of all, Uh, in honor of the interview last night, I did enjoy some pancake as. I just want to let you know.
Speaker 2: That's good to know. I think pancakes. I love pancakes.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite breakfast, particularly when I'm at a restaurants.
Speaker 17: Simple as that, Dan, it was blueberry pancakes with bacon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Uh, I mean we're done with that.
Speaker 17: I will not go in detail about my breakfast, but you know, as uh Kamala, did you know we could spend all night talking breakfast.
Speaker 2: Was was the Was the bacon crisp or or not crisp?
Speaker 17: You know, I asked for it to be lightly crisp because I didn't want to affect my uh carbon footprint. Yes, I ask for to be lightly, you know, lightly totally.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get to the business at hand. If the election were today, who would it be?
Speaker 17: I called you after January sixth, right, and I said I am done with Trump. Okay, you won't remember, of course, but I called you said I'm done with Trump. So tonight I am Ken from Southwest Florida giving my poll endorsement to Kamala Harris or, President of Venezuela.
Speaker 2: Man, you're brutal. You had me, you had me Ken, you had me Lean, and you got me.
Speaker 17: Okay, I think she's perfect. It's south of the border. I think she uh she has gone above and beyond looking for the root causes of immigration. So I think she would be the perfect president for Venezuela.
Speaker 3: Okay, who would be the perfect president for the US. That's what we'll do a Venzuela pole next week.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 17: I would probably think we really don't have much of a choice. I would say Donald J. Trump will bring America back to its glory.
Speaker 2: You know you were done with Trump. You're back with Trump.
Speaker 17: Dan, there's no choice. Do we want the president of Venezuela or the president of the United States.
Speaker 2: We'll do Venezuela pole at some point in the not to this commuter.
Speaker 17: Well, I didn't want to shock you.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you you you You let me know gently, and I like that. I like that. Can't have a great weekend.
Speaker 17: Okay, And I laid off the Jamison whiskey tonight just to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Well, now now you're free to go back as long as you're not driving. We had that horrible crash that took the the two hockey players.
Speaker 17: Yes, yes, of course. All right, thanks Boston.
Speaker 2: We sure will talk to you soon. Here comes the news at the bottom of the hour. We're halfway home. Donald Trump is in the lead. You Harris, voters need to get neath to tighten it up. Here coming back on night side.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody, we are doing our August presidential snap pole. We've advertised it during the week. I shouldn't say we advertise it We've mentioned it to people, so you've had plenty of opportunity. Donald Way will get as many folks as we can. We are going next to where are we going next? You're going to go to Rick and Bill Rick or Rick next on Nightside. Welcome.
Speaker 19: Yeah, Hey Dan How I had just one to say, my heart, my heart's heavy for their goudro brothers and their the family and loved ones. And I didn't I didn't even he I never heard of them. It's just but a heartbreaking. But I'm sure you know I should have heard of them, but I anyway, I had never heard of them.
Speaker 2: But well, you know the thing is that unless you're a real hockey fan. Gudroau played, he was drafted by Calgary and he played with Columbus Blue Jackets, and those two teams they don't get They don't visit Boston, I think but once a year.
Speaker 3: Uh, And they don't get a lot of publicity back here. If they were from the Rangers, or the Canadians, or the Bruins of Washington Capitals, Tampa Bay, or even the Florida Panthers, I think you would have them.
Speaker 2: But anyway, if the election were tonight, who would it.
Speaker 19: Be well, I still I still want the old Orange man. But I'll tell you, you know, you said something astute and disturbing the other night that I that that caught me. He said, you know, he probably should have grabbed up Nicki Haley. Now their convention was to what July fifteen to eighteen, and then Biden says he's going to drop out on July twenty first, and Kamala became the sort of presumed candidate after that was the imaculate nomination exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: But so he's almost miraculous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh no, no, exactly exactly.
Speaker 19: It's it's it's funny. But so he decides on JD. Vance, who's a good, you know, smart guy and everything like that. But I don't know, you know, Nikki Hilly's a strong minded woman. Maybe it would have made a difference, but I'm a little nervous these days. They still want him to win, but I'm nervous.
Speaker 3: So what it should be, and there's a part of me that won if some of these extraneous statements that he's making and just ridiculous, and maybe he maybe he wants to lose and be able to carry on and say that the American people rejected him, or it was fixed or whatever.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: He's a very complicated person in my opinion, and somebody who'll be really tough to work for.
Speaker 19: Yeah, we'll see how it all goes. All right, Rick, as I stand, I still want him in.
Speaker 3: Well that's okay, you know again time. You know, philosophy over personality would be I guess the way I would characterize your vote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely political philosophy over personal.
Speaker 19: You're on the money.
Speaker 20: All right, Thanks, Rick, have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: You too, Ball. Thanks, Let's keep vote. Thank you much. Let's keep going. And we're going to go next to stew in Pennsylvania. Ste your next on NIGHTSID, big night for Trump here on nights. I go ahead, Stu.
Speaker 4: Hey, Pat, how's how's the lobstering business up there?
Speaker 2: We did that last night.
Speaker 3: We're going to have that gentleman on for the fishermen's group because they're all they very much concerned about these these offshore wind farms and the blades are falling off some of these offshore wind farms and it's going to get dangerous out there.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it amazes me that people haven't thought of using the tides of the ocean for kinetic energy. And I was up in Maine as a young boy, and the tides up there title falls who had change I think sixteen to eighteen feet. And if you touch the tides which surround every country the millions of miles, it would be so easy to put the hydro carbon barrens out of business. And also these rent electric cars which cost millions, and you have all kinds of pollution to create them. Just use something natural like the tides.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, we got you now tonight we got spend a lot of time in the tides because they want to give everybody an opportunity unity. If the election were being held tonight, which it's not, who would you vote for.
Speaker 4: I'd vote for who's going to tell the truth and who is that?
Speaker 2: That's your call.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, here's the thing. JFK gave that EO eleven eleven zero speech, and I heard that. It brought tears to my eyes because he told the truth. And then only other person that came close to that was maybe Ron Paul, maybe Reagan. But then when Trump said he was going to clean out the swamps, I thought, you know, this could be a good thing for a bad thing because it's in a time a total deceit. It becomes a noble act to tell the truth, and the world is not ready for the truths. But I'm going to go with mister Trump, hoping he's got the connections and money to bury these people in the CIA.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you, your vote is probably one of the most important votes in the cast tonight, yours along with John in North Carolina, because those are two states that he has to win.
Speaker 2: And keep in touch with us because I want to follow you. I want to have you as one of our people who will check in with us more than periodically.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've staying with you, mister A. My grandmother used to make squash dolus. Maybe you New Englanders can incorporate and make corn squash in your pancakes and I'll tell you they were out ragiously good.
Speaker 2: Okay, I might try that sometimes. Thank you. Still, we'll talk soon. Have a great.
Speaker 4: One, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Let me keep rolling here, going to go next to Patty and Marshia. Patty, welcome to Nightside.
Speaker 21: How are you good, Dan? How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing just great.
Speaker 21: I had to call because I have so many, so few people I can speak to that. Don't give me guest books.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to give you it bad. Look, go right ahead. Who will it be?
Speaker 21: It's going to be Trump, I hope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he's not gonna win Massachusetts. But you you have Vic's pressed your point of view to a lot of people around the country tonight who are listening, and yeah.
Speaker 21: She just looks like she's running for sorority queen, not president. She does, I mean, she just I kind of I do agree with the previous caller. He said he probably should have chosen.
Speaker 2: Hailey, but his his his his narcissism would not allow him to do what was the best interest of the country, you know. But because he had, he was upset with her. Even though she endorsed him and she released his delegates. She did everything that you know, a loyal, you know, opponent would do. She was a class act. But I don't whatever. I just think that he's in. He's in. He's in more trouble than people are realizing at this point.
Speaker 3: I mean, people think it's yeah, this is this is now a very close election, and it seems to me that they But even though the Democrats, now you know, have an edge that age could grow. I'm not sure that they're done with their growth at this point, So we'll see, we will see.
Speaker 21: I just I don't like the whole way she was ushered in. She wasn't voted in. You know, it was like that called.
Speaker 2: The immaculate nomination.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, miraculous.
Speaker 21: I also had a question for my brother who was in the Air Force. She has gotten off Air Force one and I've watched this several times.
Speaker 4: She gets to the.
Speaker 21: Bottom of the stairs, they salute her. She is nobody to them, and even my brother who was in the service, said, no, that's not right.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that, So you're saying that that she she should not be saluted until she is elected president.
Speaker 21: The only person that should be saluted as the commander in chief.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do I get it? I get it. I totally can. I understand the point. And it's an interesting to me.
Speaker 21: It's just like, are you jumping the gun here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? All right, Hey, Patty, I love you. Called calmore often? Will you?
Speaker 5: I love to do that?
Speaker 21: All right?
Speaker 2: Take him, Thank you very much, call me Dan. Okay, good night. Let me go to Glenn. Glenn and Bright and Glenn, you were next on Nightside, go right ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hope Dave Matthews gets the job in the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: Dave Matthews that, uh, I know that. No, I know if you could meet her at the concert if you traveled out. It's in western Washington.
Speaker 5: I believe right. No, I'm a fan Dave Matthews fan myself.
Speaker 2: Well, how about that this is there's there's a point of conversation. So who's it gonna be, mister Glenn.
Speaker 5: Well, if if he's good enough for Jill Stein and uh Tocy Garrett RFK and Cornell West's Donald Trump's good enough for me?
Speaker 2: Because I'm here, I don't know that Cornell West is. I mean, I Heardi May, Cornell West, Miney Doors Trump and Jill Are you saying Jill Stein Doors Trump?
Speaker 5: He may he may? Because if who's saying that, I feel that they Yeah, well, the independents feel that they're being victims of warfare, fighting for secret service, you know, yeah, Okay, they don't want to be treated like if Trump wins a stair fault, they were the spoilers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, tell Domsey Gabbett, I understand r f K, I understand. I don't understand his family attacking.
Speaker 5: Him, because I know that's terrible.
Speaker 2: You know, if you're if your uncle Harry, you know, wants to vote for whomever, you know, he's still your uncle Harry. I mean, come out.
Speaker 5: I know, I know. And they come from the same you know womb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got your message the other day. I didn't call you back, and I haven't called our mutual friend on that. Don't don't get specific here, but all right, and I will, I.
Speaker 5: Will, okay, all right, Now, you don't know next week's schedule.
Speaker 2: I believe Gary Tangway is going to be in next week, and I assume maybe Morgan White will have a night or two as well, but I don't hope Morgan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hope Morgan.
Speaker 2: But both the good guys, I'm comfortable with either one of them sitting in They they're good nightside nightside.
Speaker 5: Posts, all right, whatever.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, again, just because you might agree to disagree with someone and enjoy enjoy.
Speaker 2: The conversation, that's what we're talking about. It's all about the conversation.
Speaker 5: Thanks, all right, you too, Thanks Bud.
Speaker 2: Talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get one more in here before we gotta go to break. I don't want Dave in Pennsylvania to wait much longer. Dave you next time, night sag go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, an independent. Economically, I'd go with Trump, but I don't like either one. And I will say this, when JFK got assassinated sixty one years ago, that was the decline of the country, and it's slowly progressed, and Clinton really moved it forward. In my view.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it was a terrible day. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Was that there was no question. It was a terrible day and it did have an impact on our country.
Speaker 6: I candidate, I really don't.
Speaker 2: I can leave you as if you want to be undecided, that's fine.
Speaker 4: I can leave you undecided whatever you want.
Speaker 2: It's okay. You're the second undecided voter. Have you have you leaned either way at any point?
Speaker 6: Economically? I leaned to the Trump with the Republican and four years ago than we are today.
Speaker 3: Okay, So as of now you're you're you were truly undecided. We'll do this again in September, and we'll do it again in October. I hope you call in because I'd love to know which way you My suspicion is you're going to vote for one of the other.
Speaker 6: And yeah, yeah, because I don't want my vote to go to waste.
Speaker 2: Well, particularly in Pennsylvania, you you represent a very critical you know, my vote. Whoever I vote for, I can call Massachusetts right now and say, ladies and gentlemen, let me be the first to call Massachusetts has voted for Vice President Harris.
Speaker 3: It's just like someone's gonna say Alabama's gone for Trump, Pennsylvania, I don't know, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're definitely at state.
Speaker 2: You bet you the Keystone State. All right, thanks, Dave, step me up like that very well. I like that. Talk to you soon, my friend. Good night.
Speaker 3: All right, we're going to keep rolling here. We have one quick break. I got Florida coming up. I got Terry on the Cape, I got Karen in Wisconsin, Steve and Merrimack, and I got one room for you at one line.
Speaker 2: Dial it right now six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. We will be back on night Side right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna get everybody, and if you're on the line. Don't worry. Let's go to Terry. Down to the Cape. Terry, how are you tonight? Welcome back?
Speaker 22: Hi, Dan, Thank you so much. I just had to tell you I've changed my vote.
Speaker 2: You change your vote.
Speaker 22: I always was going to vote for Michelle Obama, but I'm very convinced that she's not going to be on the ballot in any way.
Speaker 12: Now you know something, I.
Speaker 2: Agree with you. I agree with you totally, and.
Speaker 22: I am honored and proud to say I am going to vote for the vice president of the United States that dares to say publicly she actually makes pancakes and bacon and spends time with children on a Sunday, And what a wonderful way for her to stay grounded. I love that.
Speaker 2: I wish that we found out if she had blueberry or chocolate chip pancakes, because I'm a big fan of both. Terry. I will see you. I'll see you soon, Okay. Always great to hear your voice. I love your spirit.
Speaker 20: Was good bye, my Dane.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I'm told that it will be Gary Tangway in all of next week Monday through Friday. Well, Monday, of course is Labor Day, but Monday, Tuesday Wednesday, Thursday Friday. For those of you who are wonder to be about programming. I will be back on September the ninth. We were gonna go next. We're gonna go to Mike in Florida. Second caller from Florida. We've had a couple from Pennsylvania. Here's Florida coming in right now, Mike, who's going to be for you down in Florida?
Speaker 18: After watching last night?
Speaker 20: Trump?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you did watch last night and you weren't.
Speaker 18: Impressed, not at all, which you're trying to give her maybe a chance, but she hasn't hasn't made any speech. Is there anything for about forty days, they say, And then last last night was there a big chance and big nothing burger.
Speaker 2: So you went into it with the possibility of coming away with being a Harris supporter, but for some reason it just didn't work for you.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 18: I was with Trump to begin with, okay, and then when the changes were made, I said, well, let me let me give the new one a fair sake. And there's just we're waiting, waiting, waiting, and there's just nothing coming out of her. And then not only is there nothing, but last night is a huge opportunity. She can't even like optimize this huge opportunity, so there's got to be nothing there.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 18: She doesn't have the ability to to say where she's coming from. So I'm back to Trump, back to reluctantly up back to Trump.
Speaker 2: Like, whereabouts in Florida?
Speaker 20: Are you remind me for Lauderdale?
Speaker 2: And have we talked before.
Speaker 18: Many years ago?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, because I many years ago. Will do me a favor. Come on back. Are you originally in Boston? Guy that picked us up down there?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I listen on.
Speaker 2: iHeart good for you, Good for you.
Speaker 18: We'll keep every night, keep listening.
Speaker 2: Every night, and come on back often. Okay, I want to thanks much. Okay, thanks Mike, duk to you soon. All right, let's keep rolling here. We're going to try to get everyone in. I promise Karen is in Wisconsin. Hey, Karen, how are you tonight?
Speaker 23: I'm okay, Dan. I'd like to stick with come out, come out, Cola.
Speaker 2: Harris, Sure, no problem, no problem, You're an important Vocuisconsin is a really important state.
Speaker 23: I see it is this year. Oh yeah, every every time it swings so well. I just want to say I when she first came around she kept calling herself kamala, and so that's what I got used to and then, but nobody could seem to do that. And I wonder if she changed and just let it go and let people call her kamala. I don't know. I heard her say, well.
Speaker 3: I think at the convention they said it was like saying kama law.
Speaker 2: They said kamala, tamala, kamalah. I think that's the car pronunciation.
Speaker 23: Okay, run it all together, Okay, that's.
Speaker 2: What I'm for, all right, thanks, Karen, all right, have a great weekend.
Speaker 23: Have a nice trip, Da, no trip.
Speaker 2: No, I did the trip already. Tomorrow. Next week is just.
Speaker 23: Kick back and relax with you, Karen. Okay, okay, thanks.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go next to Steven Merrimack, New Hampshire. We're gonna get everybody, and if you were in the line, don't worry, we'll get you in.
Speaker 2: Steven Merrimack, right ahead, Steve.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 2: How you doing, Dan great? We've got a lot of people checking in tonight.
Speaker 24: I know you're running out of time. I just want to say that I'm not really a fan of either one because they both have problems, but I think that this anointment of kim Ala Harris or wherever you want to call her as our future president. It's it's almost like she feels like she's entitled to being president and she doesn't have anything there. Let her interview with Dana vash recently, you know, was it last night? I forgot what it was, but you know, they basically even her own people were questioning her position on things, which that's a problem. I don't think she knows what she's for. All right, so you you, oh, I'm going to go for Trump. I have to vote for him. There's nobody else. I mean, that's it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: We got you down. We got you down. I got three more. I got to get in state. I sure will and I'll miss you guys. Talk to you soon, Okay, talked to you right after we get back.
Speaker 2: The next up is Megan in Vermont.
Speaker 3: We don't get a lot of listeners in Vermont, but I am thrilled to hear from Megan.
Speaker 2: Hi, Megan, how.
Speaker 8: Are you good?
Speaker 12: How are you great?
Speaker 2: Who are you inclined to vote for? For the election? Work tonight?
Speaker 25: I'm going to vote for Kamala Harrah.
Speaker 2: All right? Another vote for comedy.
Speaker 25: I I it's going to cost me a lot of money, and it's going to there are a lot of policies that I don't agree with. Okay, but I cannot vote for someone who I would not want to sit down and have dinner with, or who I don't think I admire or would be a role model for our country.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you ever a vote from in either the previous two elections? Or no?
Speaker 12: Yes I did?
Speaker 2: Did you really?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 20: Which one sixteen or twenty oh sixteen?
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, Well you might be a weather vane voter. I don't know. I don't know that that is still I don't think it's necessarily twenty sixteen. And that's that was an interesting set of circumstances. Harris is making making some moves here. Okay, thanks Megan. Do me a favorite call more Roffin. Have you ever called before? Is this your first time?
Speaker 25: No, I've called before, but I bop around sometimes I'm in the Cape, sometimes I'm in Massachusetts.
Speaker 8: So and I need you.
Speaker 2: I need your voice. I want more balance in the show. Okay, thanks Megan, thank you, have a great night.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got two more and no more calls. Let's get them all in. We got Scott and Quincy. Scott gonna get you and Joe and Lynn. Go ahead, Scott.
Speaker 20: Well, hey, Dan, here's what I want to say to all the people who think that they're going to vote for Kamala. Uh, We're going to face some really tough times with China in the South, China, Seah Putin in Russia. We really can't have a weak, snowflake female leader heading the United States and the free world as well.
Speaker 2: All right, So I think I can put you down with some comfort as a Trump volter.
Speaker 20: Well yeah, okay, but you know, really, I mean, is there for the security of the United States in the world. Can we really have someone as as far left and as snowflaked and as Kamala really?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, a lot of people think so, a lot of people don't think so. But I appreciate you call nonetheless, and I think you're That means you're a Trump.
Speaker 20: Vold sadly, yes, all right, fair enough? Could rest your night. Happy Friday, you, Happy Friday to you.
Speaker 3: Thank God it's Friday. Joe and Lynn, you are going to wrap the hour for us.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 26: I'm glad I am a Trump voter. He's not perfect but we don't need Kamala. She's, in my opinion, a true communist, and I hope she doesn't.
Speaker 2: She's not a communist.
Speaker 26: Come on, well, that's how I feel because like to say it.
Speaker 2: And you'll say it. But at the same time, if I don't respec on to it, people are going to say, well, Dan thinks she's a communist. I don't.
Speaker 3: There are real communists out there. Kim Jong Un is a communist. Oh, I agree, she is a communist.
Speaker 26: Vote is a commonist, Dan Marie, and I said that because she wants the government it's Kake control, Haull health care. She wants to open borders and tells.
Speaker 2: Changing her positions at this point.
Speaker 26: I know she says it, but I purs it's just me. You may not agree.
Speaker 2: No, I'm giving you a hard time.
Speaker 26: I know you're always doing that. It's okay, but I don't agree with her. I don't even trust her. She's doing it because it's politics. Trump's not perfect, but he's better than her. Like I told my friend today at lunch, so I'm going to vote for Trump the last call the hour. Thanks my friend, all right, have a good weekend, Okay, thanks, I'm alone as you know it. Thanks by all right.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let me give you the rap here. The rap is a big night for Donald Trump. Okay, there's no question he carries this audience tonight. Sixteen votes for Trump, five for Harris, and two undecided. We will track it again next month, same thing. Will We will do the same thing next month, and we will ask you to join the conversation and call in.
Speaker 2: But I'm done for now.
Speaker 3: We're going to be off for a week, okay, doing nothing special, kind of hanging out. Gary Tangway will be here. Please be good to Gary. I know you will. Marita and Karen will be producing the program next week. I'll return on Monday, March ninth. I will think about you guys a lot. I'm going to be on night side postgame on Facebook in just a moment, so we have one more final conversation.
Speaker 2: All end.
Speaker 3: As always, All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why pel Charlie Rays, who passed in February of twenty ten, fourteen years ago, that's why you have. Pets are our past. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. We'll see again, not Monday. We'll see again the following Monday. Have a great weekend everyone, Happy Labor Day to all, Dan ray for nights. I love you all.