Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on te.
Speaker 2: Tam Chase, Hi, everybody, and welcome in two mo. Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Hope you're enjoying your Labor Day weekend. The Dodgers certainly enjoying their weekend in the Desert. Eighty two and fifty four on this season, winners of four in a row, best record in Baseball, first place atop the NL West. After back to back wins to start this series with the Snakes, the Dodgers look to do it again in the Desert. Justin Robleski called up from TRIPLEA Oklahoma. The left hander will get the start on the mound. First pitch from Chase Field is coming up at one ten coming up over the next hour or here on Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vasego is one on one with Tommy Edmund. We'll hear from Gavin Stone after his outing last night. In just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors brought cast booth and here from Rick Monday and Tim never Well. Last night, another slugfest in the desert. Gavin Stone got the start. The Dodgers' bullpen was gas going in and he knew it. They didn't have a lot of arms to go to, so they needed some wayne from Stone. He would end up going five innings. The Dodgers offense, meanwhile, started off with the bank show. Hey Otani led things off with home run number forty four them this season.
Speaker 3: Dodgers up one to nothing.
Speaker 2: The next batter, Mookie Bets solo home run that made it back to back Jacks the lead off the game. Dodgers up two to nothing. The third batter of the game, Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 4: Freddy Freeman up now he swings hits a drive deep bright center.
Speaker 3: Could it be?
Speaker 5: It is three homers.
Speaker 3: In a row to start the ball game?
Speaker 4: Otani, Betts and now Freeman. Absolutely incredible here in Arizona.
Speaker 5: Can you believe this?
Speaker 4: Four hundred and thirty of them feet. It cleared the pool in right center field. Three batters, three home runs, three nothing.
Speaker 2: Dodgers back to back to back home runs Otani, Betts, Freeman to lead off the game.
Speaker 3: The first time that has happened.
Speaker 2: In the history of the Dodgers franchise one hundred and forty one years.
Speaker 3: Dodgers a three to nothing lead. That lead, though, didn't last long.
Speaker 2: Gavin Stone gave up four runs in the bottom of the first as the Diamonbacks took a four to three lead. Back and forth the Dodgers and Snakes would go, Dodgers taking a five to four lead in the top of the second, Diamondbacks tie it up again in the third. Dodgers retook the lead in the fifth on a Max months the Rbi single, Then the Snakes would tighten the seventh on a Corbyn Carrel sack fly. Dodgers and Diamondbacks were tied at six going to the top half of the ninth inning. When the Dodgers got something going. They loaded the bases two outs for Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 6: One and two and the pitch coming to Tommy Edmer sligs.
Speaker 4: And it's in the right field for a basic Taylor will score now thy third is lucks. He will score Tommy Yet then comes through in the twitch two outs in the ninth with a two run single in the Dodgers lead at eight to six.
Speaker 2: Two out, two run single for Tommy and then Dodgers a eight sixth lead. The bottom of the ninth belonged to Evan Phillips, who closed it out for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: They hang on and get the win.
Speaker 2: Ben Casparius gets the winning relief, a major League debut for the young Dodger right hander and the first win for Casparius. Two thrilling games the Dodgers now have hung on to win to start this series. Dodgers now eighty two and fifty four. Their lead in the Division has grown to six games over both the Diamondbacks and the Padres. Today they look to add to that lead in the Division. Game three of this four game series in Arizona. Justin Robleski on the mound, first pitch coming up in one ten and with more, let's head out to the Galpa Motors broadcast booth as we say good afternoon to Rick Monday and Tim never go.
Speaker 5: Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Roof closed on a very hot Sunday here in Phoenix, Arizona, on this Labor Day weekend. Dodgers and the Diamondbacks Game three of a four game set. And if the first two games were any indication, this series is already a wild one. But the Dodgers have taken the first two and have expanded their lead in the National League Western Division to six games over the Diamondbacks. They now have a six to five lead in the eleven games they have played this year, the Diamondbacks thirty eight and thirty at home. Meantime, the Dodgers have won their eighty second game of the year eighty two and fifty four, guaranteeing them their fourteenth consecutive winning season, which is a franchise record.
Speaker 7: It's a franchise record, and you know, it's one hundred and eight degrees outside predicting to be a game time. But the Dodgers' bats have been red hot eighteen runs on twenty six hits. That's the good news. But let's be honest, they've also given up fifteen runs on eighteen hits. So it's been the offense. It has really kind of covered the pitching staff. And fortunately last night Dave Roberts did not have to go to seven different relievers coming out of the bin as he did in Game one of the.
Speaker 6: Series and experiencing the challenges that he has with Kershaw leaving after just an inning in the first game and having to really go to a tired bullpen. Considering all that, things have worked out really well for the Dodgers as they wrapped up the month of August. Last night we turned the page to September, so one month to go in the regular season. Four weeks from today the regular season will end. But this is a series the Dodgers have on their plate to win. They've got two to make one at least against the Diamondbacks. But we talk about offense last night, an explosion in the first inning and then Tommy Edmonds bloop single with two outs and two strikes in the ninth. It's two runs home and the Dodgers win it eight to six. So more offense today could be on tap. Justin Robleski added to the roster today as they expand from twenty six to two twenty eight players. He's one on one with a four six eight ERA. The left he will take on Brandon Foxfott is eight and seven and a four to three to one earned run average. A pretty representative lineup today for the Dodgers, with the exception of Will Smith sitting and Austin Barnes catching the day game after the night game.
Speaker 7: You've been kind of a strange two games and look at yesterday. In the last night's game, the Dodgers start off the game with back to back to back home runs o Tommy Bentzon Freeman, Dodgers going to the bottom of the first inning leading it.
Speaker 5: Three to nothing.
Speaker 7: Who would have predicted that when the first inning ended the Dodgers would be trailing four to three. It's been a strange two games, and for the Dodgers they need some length I know, justin Rubleski and the bullpend if that happens owing mid dinner.
Speaker 6: Well, speaking of the bullpen and arm was added today Michael Grove brought back from TRIPAA Oklahoma City here is here. He is active and ready to go. And Ben Casparius, who made his major league debut last night, pitched a one to two three eighth inning and got the win, his first major league win. Sent back to Oklahoma City today. Sometimes baseball is tough.
Speaker 7: It is tough, but he's also opened some eyes and has claimed a really good spot to be looked at closer in spring.
Speaker 6: Trending next year, Andy pa has has also been added to the roster. He is not in the starting lineup, He'll be available to come off the bench. Diamondbacks and Dodgers Game three on this Sunday afternoon at Chase Field in Phoenix with the roof closed again.
Speaker 2: Timp all right, thank you guys, as we cut you down the first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game. Dave Meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken? Emojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from David Vase. We're gonna hear from Tommy Edmund, who had the big hit last night in the top half of the ninetheen to give the Dodgers the win. Well dive deeper into this pitching matchup with Justin Robleski on the mound up next. So you're o Tawny Ree one tonight he had last night, And we'll hear from Gavin Stone, who made the start last night for the Dodgers, didn't factor the decision, but gave.
Speaker 3: Him five solid innings.
Speaker 2: We're leading up to first pitch on this September first, the calendar flips now to the final month of the regular season leading up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks than should being with us. I'm Tim Kass Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Nowhere is Lorono Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: Justin Robleski Brandon fought the pitching matchup Game three this four game series from Arizona.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at one ten. This is the.
Speaker 6: Three wide again, the three to two from Kelly show Hey slings HiT's a high fly ball to center Indeed, going back McCarthy, he's to the wall.
Speaker 4: It is got a har show Hey o Toennys, his forty fourth of the season on a three to two pitch to center field. Otani instant offense makes it one nothing old, show me the way here in Arizona.
Speaker 3: Show Hey.
Speaker 2: Otani home run number forty four to lead off the game last night, the first of back to back to back home runs for the Dodgers. Otani would also have a sackfly now ninety eight RBI On this season. He is at forty forty forty four home runs and forty three stolen bases. Otani rewind brought to by Eto Anzoyo. It to Japan's number one green tea and the tea that showy Otani loves and drinks available your local Diceo store, Amazon and etoin dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it, O e n dot Com.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers had production from everybody top to the bottom of the lineup. How about Gavin Lux two for four, scored two runs on base three times, he had a double one afterwards, talk to her own David Vesse, what a game.
Speaker 8: By the Dodgers tonight, and also what a game by Gavin Low two hits and scored two of the last three Dodgers runs, including the base hit by Tommy Edmund. You were on bass, Gavin, can you just take us through that ninth inning? Number one, Miguel Rojas hits a line shot. How were you able to get back to.
Speaker 9: The back, you know, in that situation, just got to see a line drive through, can't get doubled off, got to give the next guy a chance, and you know, Mickey put a great swing on it, and the guy made a hell of a play. So that's baseball. And then Tommy picked out you know, two stakes with two outs in that situation. It's huge and up and down the lineup. I mean, what we had sixteen hits, were on base all night. So these games have been a lot of fun to be a part of.
Speaker 8: I know, you love not only what you do, but even more importantly what your teammates do. How about that first any three consecutive home runs?
Speaker 9: I mean they call him the MVY what is it dan V three for a reason. That was impressive man against a good starter or two. So but nothing surprising me that all three of those guys do every day. They're probably all gonna be in the Hall of Fame, so you know, it's just it's definitely a blessing to be able to be around those guys every day.
Speaker 8: Have you guys come out with more of a savage attitude.
Speaker 10: For this series?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I think I think everyone has like a little more sense of urgency and we know we need to win these games.
Speaker 11: These are big games against a good team.
Speaker 9: So I think, you know, everybody just gets up a little more, and you know, I think that these games honestly feel like playoff games. So it's been competitive and it's been a lot of fun.
Speaker 10: Savage and sexy Gavin Lux I like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 10: Put that on Twitter, do it. Thanks a lot, Gavin, all right, appreciate you it. Great game.
Speaker 11: Thanks bro.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Gavin lux after the game. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today, your car could be picked up Tomorrow's that easy. Donate now at Cars for Kids dot org. That's cars with a K. Ben Casparius got the winning relieve. Brett Honeywell came in and pitched two innings. Evan Phillips closed it out in the ninth inning, but Gavin Stone got the start and with the Dodgers' bullpen gas, he needed to give him some wings. He'd go five innings. He gave up five runs on five hits, struck out four through eighty four pitches, gave him everything he had and afterwards talked to the media.
Speaker 12: I think just being more precise with the off speed, that was really it. First ining left to change up up to Corbin and then a couple other pitches. But yeah, just you know, being more precise with the offspeed.
Speaker 13: Really what's I guess kind of just like your thought process though, when you are in a situation where you're kind of like, you know, the hope is to give the team some length, but obviously things started off a little bit trickier and then you would have probably hoped.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, my job was to go out there and eat up as many innings as they came, and then really the thought process every time, you know, we were in a situation where I could have gone deeper and probably needed to. Biting the bullpen was huge, and they picked us up after that.
Speaker 14: First, I think, though, did you think you were going to be able to give them what they wanted?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I just thought a relatively low pitch count, they just swinging early, and so yeah, still still felt good.
Speaker 14: So they were saying, he felt like you were just kind of dig your tank by the end of the fifth. It's like that eighty five ninety pitch range right now, kind of what you're axes or part of that also just the intensity of the game and the intensity of the pitches tonight.
Speaker 12: Maybe, I mean, I don't know, I want to throw one hundred plus every time I'm out there, so you know, it's just up to him whether he takes the ball from me or not.
Speaker 13: Would you describe just kind of how they were attacking you in this outing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, like I said, they were swinging a lot, swinging early, and so you know, recognizing that and then going to the second, third, fourth, fifth, you know, those had to make a huge adjustment.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: There's Gavin Stoning after the outing last night, gave up a couple of runs Early settled in would give him five innings and the Dodgers would come back and win it in the ninth inning. Tommy Edmund, who will hear from coming up in about thirty minutes with a two run single. Dodgers now winners of two straight over Arizona. They've got a six game lead in the division and looking to continue to add to that in this series, which continues today, game three of there's four game set coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: What up next?
Speaker 2: We'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts leading up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Labor Day weekend. First pitch of one ten, Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball Barrago Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck continues on this Sunday afternoon, Morongo Casino Resort and Spa, a Grand Slam for good times Dodgers and Diamondbacks. First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical Partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Clayton Kershaw on the iel with this swelling. It has left big toe. Joe Kelly on the IL with the right shoulder inflammation. Freddie Freeman, He's playing with the fractured middle finger. He's a tough dude and he is playing through it and playing well. Tyler Glasnow on the IL with the right elbow. Ten to nightis you heard him on Dodger Talk last night with David Vesse talk about how he expects to be ready for the postseason. Bruce dar gratterol working his way back with a right hamstring strain. He is hoping, hoping to hope to join this team at some point here in September, as is Yoshinobu Yamamodo. All right, let's head back out to Phoenix. You can check you out the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 5: The questions for Dave Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 8: In the dugout with Dave Roberts Dave, Obviously, September first means September call ups. We've seen a couple of guys Robleski starting by Kenny Phillison.
Speaker 10: More on who's here and who's active.
Speaker 15: So yeah, Robless, you'll be here obviously starting Andy Pahes is here and uh so, kind of to what role we used him that remains to be seen, but obviously and he's been a big part of what we've done this year. We brought Michael Grove for Ben Casparius to give us a little bit more bullpen cover Rich and you know, that's sort of where we're at right now.
Speaker 8: I know we're only two games into this series, but have you learned anything about your team as far as responding to this type of atmosphere.
Speaker 15: You know, it's more of you have thoughts about your ball club, but until you're sort of in it, battle tested, then you know more like anything. And so just seeing how guys responded, and you know, these last couple of games and even in the series, before with the Orioles and the Rays and the Mariners before that, all playoff contending teams. You know, you just I just think our guys banding together, being all in whatever it takes to win a baseball game, and being able to pick up the pieces afterward. And that's really good to see.
Speaker 3: All Right.
Speaker 2: There's Dave Robbers down the dugout brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts and Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his team iss the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let's Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at service Titan dot com. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, well check in with David Bassa leads up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on tach on your home for the blue all Season.
Speaker 3: Law Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: Justin Robleski Brandon fought the pitching matchup first pitch from Phoenix, coming up at one to ten. The umpiring crew for today's game brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on tach.
Speaker 8: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV watching Justin Robleski get the start today the Dodgers' bullpen gas going into last night's game. The arms for the Dodgers are really at our premium right now as we flipped the calendar in September with.
Speaker 3: Is that being said Tyler Glass?
Speaker 2: Now, this is a guy that Dodgers really could use here in the final month of the season going into October.
Speaker 3: What's the latest.
Speaker 8: Well, we watched him again for the third straight day throw off a flat ground here at Chase Field. Things are trending in the right direction. And Glass now told us yesterday he's very confident that he will be back by the end of this regular season.
Speaker 16: No, I mean, I just I think I'm just more concerned it's being healthy for the postseason. So any type of little thing, it's just not worth it to you know what I mean. I think like collectively understanding that the postseason is the most important thing. That's why I'm here, so I think just any type of like let get back super quick in the regular season just didn't really make a ton of sense. So I just want to feel good, have a really good progression, and then just be ready for postseason.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So, after having to go on the il with right elbow inflammation, glass Now is just making one hundred percent sure he feels perfect before he returns to the Dodger rotation with his site set on the post season, and everybody around the Dodgers believes if glass Now is healthy for October, they have a much better chance of reaching the World Series.
Speaker 2: And it's September first, David, I mean September. Rosters expand, But explain to Dodger fans because a lot of them think, oh, yeah, we're gonna have forty guys in the dugout. All these arms are gonna be there, and that's off the bench. It's changed in the last couple of years. Who the Dodgers brought up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, in years past, the Dodgers would have been able to tap in to their entire forty manter roster, but since the latest Collective Bargaining Agreement, teams can only call up two more players.
Speaker 5: Rosters only expand.
Speaker 8: To twenty eight, and you can't call up two pitchers, so it has to be one pitcher and one position player. The Dodgers have made it official with Justin Robleski being that guy. He's starting today, of course, and Andy pa has is the position player the Dodgers have called up. As you know, Tim, they already have made a roster move within those constrainttions, sending Ben Casparius back to Oklahoma City and calling up a fresh arm in Michael Grove. Now, I know you've talked about Dalton Rushing. Everybody's very excited about what his future has in store for him with the Dodgers. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Rushing being called up at some point in September as a left handed power bat off the bench, a threat that can hit the fall out of the ballpark, and also maybe a spot star and left field. But from what I've been told, with the trades the Dodgers made and getting their players back healthy, there is not as much of an urgency to call up Rushing in that role.
Speaker 3: David is brought to you by Ford.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like, its choices find yours with the four F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric top. This mark can only be called F one point fifty mentioned the bullpen being gassed. David Bruce dar Graterol is pitched in one game that he got hurt the hamstring.
Speaker 3: How is he progressing?
Speaker 2: Is there a possibility the zuka could be here in September.
Speaker 10: Without a doubt.
Speaker 8: He is headed out to Oklahoma City for a rehab game tomorrow, and Dave Roberts told us the earliest that he believes Gretarol could be back is Friday at Dodger Stadium, and he feels like that's a very fair expectation to have Gretarol back on Friday, and that certainly would get the Dodger bullpen a huge boost for a guy that hasn't pitched all year long and be ready for October. That would certainly be a great reinforcement to go along with glass Now and Yamamoto to their starting rotation day.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it. We'll check back you with you in just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans and hands you're listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in all games in HD power by Lacare Health Plans serving all Angeline knows Lacare dodd Or especially today, may not be able to watch the game you don't have a certain provider. I think she listened to it for free as always right here the Dodgers Audio Network and of course on the iHeartRadio app. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna hear from Tommy Edman will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next you Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Snakes first pitch of one ten. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Nowork.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Diamondbacks, Justin Robleski Brandon fought the pitching matchup. First pitch from Phoenix is coming up one ten.
Speaker 10: Who wants.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to May third, two thousand and fifteen, the Dodgers playing a host of the Arizona Diamondbacks out at the Ravine. The Dodgers and Snakes would go to extra in, tied in the tenth, tied in the eleven, still scoreless in the twelfth. Finally, in the bottom of the thirteenth inning, zero zero game until you has Monti Grendal changed it.
Speaker 5: Here's a one to one to grand Doll fly.
Speaker 3: Ball, well hit, that's the deep left center field.
Speaker 17: It's on its way and the Dodgers have a walk off win.
Speaker 5: Yes, Money Grandall with a.
Speaker 17: Spectacular defensive play in the top half of the thirteenth take care of an offensively with a home run.
Speaker 7: The left center goes.
Speaker 17: Money Grandal, the walks off win. The Dodgers shut out the Diamondbacks one to nothing.
Speaker 3: It's thirteen inning.
Speaker 2: He has many Grendal walk off home run back in twenty fifteen, the Dodgers a one nothing win over the Diamondbacks in thirteen Indians. This Hoey magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, a so cal treasure for over one hundred years.
Speaker 3: Visit hofeybrand dot.
Speaker 2: Com to find out where you get purchased Crave Delicious Haffey hot Dogs. But we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check with a Rick Monday for leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on the Sunday Justin Robleski and Brandon fought the pitching matchup. Robleski called up from TRIPLEA Oklahoma City Dodger fans. Start your future to California Community College. Financial Aid's there to help you with your tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly. So enrolled today that I can go to college dot com and now.
Speaker 1: Joined by David Bass saying, here's LA Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Rick in the first two games of this series, so we've seen the Dodgers really come out with that intensity and focus. Gavin Lux even acknowledged that after the game last night.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what twenty six the Dodgers have been able to amass so far in this series and scoring eighteen runs. Of course, they needed all ten of them in Game one, winning at ten to nine last night eight to six. If there's one prediction, Tim Neverett and I talked about this quite a bit from time to time, we'll make a statement. Way to go out on a limb. I don't think tonight's game or today's game will start off with three consecutive home runs.
Speaker 5: Hey, you never know.
Speaker 7: I've picked a big branch to go out on that list.
Speaker 8: Yeah right, Hey, as long as you have Otani Betson Freeman in your lineup, there's always that chance.
Speaker 7: Yeah, don't discout Tascar Hernanez. He's batting in the four spot as well. Coming in and talking some of the Arizona Diamondbacks people in the organization, they said, so, what are you guys going to do today to thrill us? It's just one of those things. Last night there was a lot of electricity in here. And even though the Dodgers have a six game lead now over both Arizona and San Diego in the Western Division, there's still some baseball to be played and some people, hopefully to stay healthy.
Speaker 8: In the same instance, I guess the Dodgers have to continue to carry whatever they're using as far as heighten intensity After they leave Arizona, right, Rick.
Speaker 7: Well, absolutely, that's like the Baltimore series. That was a big series to begin with against a very good team before starting on this road trip. But we kept saying, look, don't overlook the Orioles series thinking about the series with Arizona, because you start to think, you know, the Dodgers had their lead cut down to two games not that long ago. Now they built a bat up to a six game lead. That's the very good news. Of course, they've won ten of the last twelve and finished the month of August going nineteen and eight, so they got down to business.
Speaker 8: When you look at this Diamondbacks team, the team that swept the Dodgers out of the postseason last year, do you feel like this team is starting to have some doubts because the Dodgers must have put some doubts in their minds.
Speaker 7: Doubts maybe, but think back to last year. You know a lot of people down at Arizona, and all of a sudden they got red hot at exactly the right time and wound up going to the World Series. There's still the wild card to be contended with in what's going to happen in the National League. I mean They've not had a bad season, Arizona's seventy six and sixty, thirty eight and thirty here at home. But you know, there's a lot of things that can happen, and obviously they have a feeling right now. I would imagine this is a must win today and again tomorrow in the finale.
Speaker 8: I know you want to win this series, Rick, but in with the calendar starting to creep up on everybody in baseball, do you feel by winning the first two games of this series, the Dodgers have already won since they're leaving Arizona at the very worst four games back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, theory.
Speaker 7: In theory, yes, then you start to look at the other side, in that other locker room. They're looking for some positivity to say, hey, look, maybe they win today and again tomorrow. That would cut it down as you're saying the four games on the other side with Arizona's guys, okay, we're heading the right direction. You have to play mind games as a player and as a team, and they're looking for a bright spot. They've been turned away frustrating losses each of the first two games because the Dodgers offense and the fact the bullpen has come in and closed the door for the most part.
Speaker 8: I guess that's impressive as well, Rick, because Dave Roberts had to use seven different relievers in the first game. They maneuvered the roster to be able to cover yesterday's game.
Speaker 7: I was like playing three dimensional chests in game one on being able to spread the workload out. Because the workload, we continue to talk about it. The Dodgers' bullpen has been very, very busy.
Speaker 8: This year, and hopefully some of those relievers we saw in the first game are available today.
Speaker 7: Relievers have almost been as busy as you, Rick.
Speaker 8: I'm looking forward to some rockets red glare from the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Oh, really creative, David.
Speaker 8: Hey, that's a Monday is thanks Rick, Well, check out with you and Tim Nevertt a little bit later in the show. For now, we'll send it back to Burbank.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks love, guys.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you my friends with Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedycash dot com or stopping in LA area Speedy Cash Store.
Speaker 3: Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get you a preview of this pitching matchup as the Dodgers bring up Justin Robleski from TRIPAA Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: Rick.
Speaker 2: We'll be back with Tim Nevertt and they'll get you those keys to the game. But up next, we go high and tight with the guy who delivered the big bass knock last night in the ninth inning, Tommy Edmond two runs single. Dodgers won the game last night over the Diabacks to get to a six game lead of the division. We'll hear from Tommy when we come back, so lead you up to Dodgers and Dinabacks.
Speaker 3: First pitcher one ten. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: List the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks on this Sunday Dodgers winners of the first two games of this series. In dramatic fashions, a lot of home runs, a lot of runs scored.
Speaker 3: Between these two teams in the first two games.
Speaker 2: Justin Rubleski on the mound for the Dodgers branded fought will go for Arizona will dive deeper into their numbers.
Speaker 3: Coming up in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is presented by our friends and Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, one place to go. That's Children's Hospital LA, rank number one in California for pediatric care. To find the right doctor c HLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger.
Speaker 3: Player, it's an engagement of endearment is high and tight.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers and Diamondbacks getting set for Game three of this four game series. And we joined right now by a man that had a big game last night for the Dodgers and is starting at shortstop today, and that's the one and only Tommy Edmond.
Speaker 10: Tommy, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 18: Yeah, of course, thank you. It's been a fun couple of games so far out here in Arizona.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's it tough to go to sleep after the excitement and the adrenaline of the last two games.
Speaker 18: Yeah, a little bit, you know, it's it's definitely a challenge, you know, getting the heart rate up a little bit. But got to our best to get some rest before these especially this day game today.
Speaker 8: Last night, not only did you come up with a big base hit in the ninth inning, but also made a great catch in center field off of your discuriels Bat. Can you put both of those into context as far as how big each play was?
Speaker 18: Yeah, No, I mean it was obviously huge to come through for the team. I know We've had a lot of a huge clutch hits just in the past couple of weeks since I've been here, so you know, just trying to contribute to trying to put them all in play.
Speaker 11: And give us a chance to win. And I'm just staying on my toes in the field.
Speaker 8: I know you're new to the team to see Otani, Betson Freeman all in the same lineup, but how special was it even as a teammate to witness that first inning?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I don't know if I've ever seen that, right, Definitely haven't seen that. Back a back homers, I'll start off the game and you know, kind of set the tone and and uh, our offense just kept coming at them. I think we had like sixteen hits yesterday, so you know we Uh, our offense has just been doing a really good job these first couple of games.
Speaker 8: Tommy, the best way people have described you is you're a baseball player and you understand just the situation, what it calls for. How impressive has it been to see not just yourself, but the rest of the lineup be able to have team at bats in the first two games.
Speaker 18: Yeah, the lineup's been great, you know, I mean, we have so many good hitters just up and down the lineup. You know, there's no real uh, no real holes in the lineup, so you know, everybody just does a great job of keeping the line moving and and uh, you know, putting together competitive atatch throughout the game.
Speaker 10: Do you feel like you're feeding off each other?
Speaker 8: I know, the first two games of the series heighten intensity, sellout crowd, biggest crowd of the year at Chase Field, a lot of them Dodger fans. But does it feel like you're feeding off of that and feeding off each other's at bats?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Absolutely, you know, hitting contagious. We see our teammates have great at bats, you know, like we you know, gives us confidence as well, so kind of just you know, up and down the lineup. We uh, we've been really consistent in the past couple of games, and I know that's.
Speaker 11: What our lineup looks like when we when we're at our best.
Speaker 8: Tommy Edmond is our guest in front of first pitch between the Diamondbacks and Dodgers last night. Got the start in center field today at shortstop. I was looking at how many games you have played at each position. You haven't played that many games at shortstop, but it feels like that's like a natural home for you. How are you able to be as good as you are in center and short even though second base is the position you've played the most.
Speaker 18: Yeah, no, I've I mean, I actually probably played the shortstop the most in my life. I played all shortstop growing up and mostly during college, So I don't know. I feel like I've always been comfortable at shortstop regardless, and just making.
Speaker 11: Sure I'm I'm staying fresh there and getting all my reps.
Speaker 8: And what's the biggest transition from the outfield to shortstop, Because they're both vital and they're both up the middle, so I'm sure you're getting the same looks from the catcher. Is there a big difference from going from center one day to short stop the next?
Speaker 18: Yeah, you know, just standing on your toes, you're obviously a lot closer to the action at shortstop.
Speaker 11: Than in center field.
Speaker 18: Then you gotta being more involved in like the running game and you know, holding runners on double play stuff like that, and so just making sure I'm staying engaged and mentally locked in.
Speaker 8: When you come out here before the game to get your reps. And what purpose is that for? Is it to just get familiar with the dirt here in Arizona?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's part of it.
Speaker 18: You know, the dirt here is pretty hard, it's pretty quick. It's fast in La too, but it just comes off a little bit differently. So I'm just making sure I'm being aware of that as.
Speaker 11: The game gets going.
Speaker 10: How much fun is Tommy Edmund having these days?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's awesome. It's been a great time here so far.
Speaker 8: All right, Tommy, thanks a lot for the time. Really appreciate it, and we love watching you play every day. It really is a treat.
Speaker 11: Thank you very much. Appreciate it's been fun with being here there.
Speaker 8: He is the man, a great smile to go with his great play, Tommy Edmund. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of dv Hey Dodger fans. We got something really cool starting tomorrow here on Dodgers on Deck the Zenchy Sweet Life Challenge. It'll be your chance to win tickets to the AM five seventy LA Sports Suite for.
Speaker 3: An upcoming game.
Speaker 2: It's all presented by Zench handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on side. Pickup delicious sushi right before the game. Find Zenchi Sushi at your local supermarket. You're the deli counter again. That's starting tomorrow on Dodgers on Deck. We'll take contestants. You call in and tell us your prediction in the Zench Sweet Life Challenge. We'll be listening tomorrow right here on Dodgers on Deck. All right, well, leading you up to first pitch Dodgers and Diamonbacks. When we come back, we'll dive deep into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katsu's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 10: On your home for all season long.
Speaker 2: Dodgers in Diamondbacks this Labor Day weekend four game series Dodgers winners of the first two Game three, coming up first pitch at one.
Speaker 1: Ten and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Where is it about your Southern California Toyota Dealers turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality and an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Brandon fought on the mound for the Snakes eight and seven with the four to thirty one ERA. Twenty five year old right hander is a fifth round pick in twenty twenty. He was their minor league Pitch of the Year in twenty twenty two. Made his major league debut last year. Four seam fastball, a sweeper which he throws a lot, a sync up and occasional changeup. Making his twenty seven start of the season. He's been a workhorse for the Snakes. He leads the diamondbacks and starts quality starts, innings, pitch and strikeouts, and his last ten starts five to one with a four to zero six ERA and fifty nine strikeouts at home this year, Brandon fought four and one with a four ERRA last time out, four and two third innings, eight runs, eight hits, six strikeouts in a loss to the Mets. It's his third career start against the Dodgers. He's one and two with a six to seventy five ERE. Justin Robleski on the mount for the Dodgers one and one with a four to sixty eight ERA. Twenty four year old left hander, eleventh round pick out of Oklahoma State in twenty twenty one, He's owns a combined five and four record on this season in eighteen starts, ninety three and a third innings pitch between Double A and Tripola. He made his Major League debut at the Dodgers on July seventh against the Brewers, making his sixth start here in the big leagues.
Speaker 3: Gets called up today.
Speaker 2: Last time out in the Big Leagues was August sixteenth in Saint Louis. He won five innings, four runs, four hits, three home runs in a win over the Cardinals. This is his first time ever facing the Diamondbacks. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at shakeys dot com. Dodgers Diamondbacks. We're fifteen minutes away. First pitch. Dodgers going in with a six game lead in the division. Looking to add to that today, Keys to the game with the Rick and Tim arnext.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: And as we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack On the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Diamondbacks. Justin Robleski Brandon fought. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by eto inns oi Ocha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that's showing Otani loves and drinks available to local diso stores Amazon at etoin dot com. That's it, o e n dot com. All right, we'll lead you up to first pitch before that sad back out to the booth. Rick Monday, Tim never.
Speaker 5: Guys, thank you, Tim.
Speaker 6: We're counting you down to the first pitch. Here at Chase Field, roof is closed. It is a well over one hundred degrees outside, but it is very comfy inside. As the Dodgers look to take their third straight against the Diamondbacks, They've won four straight overall, and in doing so have averaged seven and a half runs per game. They'll like to score some runs here for Justin Robleski, who gets the start added to the roster today when they expanded on the first of September from twenty six to twenty eight men. Robluski one in one, but when you look at his body of worklow he should have at least two more wins.
Speaker 7: He's been interesting, in particular the fastball, which he throws almost sixty percent of the time. Why don't I bring that up? Well, it's just a one sixty seven batting average against in the two games that he's had. On the flip side, talking about pitches to look for for Brandon Fott, who's going to be facing the Dodgers first pitch strikes highest percentage of starting pitchers in baseball and the Dodgers, I think we'll go to home plate trying to ambush that first pitch strike today.
Speaker 5: And a bit of bullpen news.
Speaker 6: Dave Roberts a little while ago telling the assembled media in the first base dugout here at Chase Field that Bruce dar Graderol may be available to rejoin the Dodgers as soon as Friday, so after the age, but during the next home series at Dodgers Stadium, Graderol has thrown a sim game here in Arizona, and today was doing pitchers fielding practice and he seems to be checking off all the boxes. And we'll return to the Dodgers soon, possibly as early as next weekend.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 6: Justin Robleski for the Dodgers, Brandon fought for the Diamondbacks, Game three of a four game set.
Speaker 5: Coming up, Tim, all right.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys. Dodger fans.
Speaker 2: Listen to Dodgers Baseball in Crystal clear HD on your iHeartRadio app, and Hans, you're listening experience by doing so. It's all power by our friends at Lacre Health Plan serving all Angelino's Lacare dot Org.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Coming up his first pitch after the game, David vas say has got you cover with all the postgame festivities, highlights, and of course reaction from the clubhouse to Dodger talk as well. Game three of this four game divisional series Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Dodgers winners of the first two six game lead in the division of both Arizona and San Diego, looking to tack onto that lead.
Speaker 3: First pitch Necks enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kase's Memoranco Casino Dodgers on Deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network