Speaker 1: Hey, good evening everybody, and welcome to Calling All beings. It's not going to be the normal uh dj intro that you hear, and that even worse heard when we did our high school show where we we we brought it are just the way that we do on Calling All Beings. But I'm not going to hear that today. It's a very difficult day. So let me first, uh just hello, Bia.
Speaker 2: How are you, buddy good?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I am well?
Speaker 1: Thank you for all of your support over the last twenty four hours since this young lady below, who is my friend, Orse or Selena is her name, My Italian paison from back home, whom I believe we've known each other since kindergarten and at the latest first grade yep, and whom I got to go drive around with and share memories when I was in home in January, before I had the.
Speaker 2: Meal of food with you guys. Aw, so welcome.
Speaker 3: Worse, Hey, how are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean I got to talk to you this evening a little bit.
Speaker 1: We got to kind of kick around some ideas and I didn't know if any of my classmates were going to take me up on coming on this episode.
Speaker 2: I have pasted in the chat for.
Speaker 1: You the news store if you want to see and we're gonna say hello to everybody here in a second. There is a news story I where I don't know if this is the one that Or sent me yesterday, where Tony's father was interviewed, Anthony Barrello.
Speaker 2: And I really liked it because it wasn't just.
Speaker 1: The police talking about it in the Newspeople, but I got to see and hear from Tony's dad, Anthony Burrello. So let me say hello to everybody and then we can recede with talking about Tony. Bear in mind, this episode could be fifteen minutes. This episode could be twenty minutes. This episode could be thirty minutes. It definitely won't be more than an hour. There it is right there if you want to go to that link and I want to say hello Cat Lady, our new moderator, how are you my friend? And hello Ken from England who was one of our great fans that tunes in all the time from Ing. We really appreciate you. Let me know if I miss anybody. This is Julie, our long standing moderator who's been with us from UFO's Bigfoot Air normal and now true crime. This is, of course, is Boston ba who is to over your left shoulder there worse Hello and.
Speaker 2: Diane, Hello, Diane, thank you for stopping in.
Speaker 1: It's not a it's not a happy occasion, but we were going to do a live chat and I wanted to dedicate it. I wanted to dedicate the show to this young lady.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Let me see if I can find the screenshot that I made of Tony right here?
Speaker 2: Did it pop? There we go and there.
Speaker 1: She is, the very tough and rugged and beautiful Tony Lynn Burello, our classmate, and we have more that we'll share of her.
Speaker 2: But that's uh.
Speaker 1: I wanted to get this one up there, so I put it on the artwork last night when I said, you know, you can still do an episode, but I want to dedicate it to Tony Lynn. So I'm gonna take this off the screen because I want to give the screen to ors right now.
Speaker 2: Oops. I want to give the screen to ors right now to talk about and what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: You see the empty street right now, and we're using the empty street background because we feel empty. But we're going to make this a little closer and now orse, would you tell us what happened?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: I quite honestly, it was just a shock. I mean, I'm watching my local news and the next thing I know, I see a picture and I'm just like, gosh, that looks like Tony. It was just very surreal, quite a shock and very sad, just very sad. It's it's I don't know, just very sad. I just didn't know what to think. I mean, it was just it was just so surreal, like what am I seeing this? This doesn't happen, this is this doesn't happen to people I know. This, this happens to somebody else, doesn't happen to us. And yeah, I think Dave, I called you, I called Christine and yeah, it was a shock still is.
Speaker 1: Can can you explain? I'd like to if you would. Thank you so much, Patty Murphy. I appreciate it, ma'am, and thank you. Ken's wife. Boo is here, Hi Boo from.
Speaker 2: England also, and standing Stones's here. Could you please tell us what happened?
Speaker 1: And then after that I'll ask you to contextualize our high school class for everybody that's watching, But could you please first just tell us what happened?
Speaker 3: Well, based on what I saw in the news. It was just they found her in a hotel room dead. Apparently, according to the police, she had been dating this guy on and off. I think they said for a couple of months. He was a sexual offender. How that was known, I don't know. Apparently the dad knew. Her dad knew and honestly had asked her not to date him. But I guess she just didn't see it being an issue. And here we are to shock.
Speaker 1: Tony was a tough girl. She was a tough girl in high school. I think she was fairly people would have described.
Speaker 2: Her that way.
Speaker 1: She was dating older guys in middle school, and even in high school she dated guys that were out of high school. She went to the junior prom with a Marine Corps guy and then another older guy showed up so as well.
Speaker 2: So Tony was a girl that was a tough girl, that was.
Speaker 1: Very comfortable being around guys that might have had some element of danger. And I think that's why when her father tried to warn her off of this man whose name was Carlos Caban.
Speaker 2: I don't remember his middle name, but.
Speaker 1: Is Carlos Caban Tito, Tito, thank you Carlos Tito caban would I don't know, I don't know be it does that sound like a Tito's a very popular name in Puerto Rico, but it could be yeah, But anyway, um, and so she probably felt if a situation.
Speaker 2: Comes up, I can handle it. Now. Tony now has.
Speaker 1: Had multiple back surgeries, neck surgeries, and so forth, she had a lot of problems with her musculo skeletal situation and that would make her not as capable. And even still, the police indicated that there was definitely a struggle to where Tony did not simply give in to whatever he was trying to do, and she fought, which is the Tony that we know. At one point she fought the biggest, toughest girl in our high school that would have.
Speaker 2: Scared guys and Tony, Tony fought that girl.
Speaker 1: So that gives you an idea of you know, Tony was sort of fearless and in that way. Though those of you who don't know my age, I'm coming up upon my fortieth high school reunion, which is a big deal. But ors can tell you that we do organize. We do organize buy annual get togethers with our high school classmates, one of which culminated in me leaving and heading to Massachusetts to spend the evening with the day and the evening with you guys instead of going home.
Speaker 2: But can you explain to.
Speaker 1: People what our high school class is like and why this would be a big deal for us.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks to Dave, you got us together again. Yeah, it's true you did, and unfortunately it started really one another great loss to our family. Andrea, and yeah, I think that's when you started getting us all together and which it's really been a great thing, and all of us just really love getting together and seeing one another. It's very special, it's very unique, it's.
Speaker 2: Very we feel very close.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants to know what's happening with everybody else wherever they are in the United States, what's going on, And if you're in the same city as that person, you want to go and visit with them or go and have a.
Speaker 2: Hangout with them.
Speaker 1: And as Ors did when Tony, she found out Tony was in Florida and close enough by, they went in, they hung out, and it's just kind of what people from our school did. Our school was called Hendrick Hudson High School, named after the Dutch explode or who sailed up the Hudson River, and now I'm trying to on this ship called the half Moon.
Speaker 2: So a lot of the iconography of my.
Speaker 1: School is is that the half Moon and so forth. I'll probably put something up on the screen, put our school logo up on here, and so instead of seeing Hendrik Kutson, we call ourselves hen Hud short and it there's an immediate connection when you meet somebody from hen Hud and it's really weird. And to give you sort of an example, I was in when I was in southern California. I mean, you couldn't be a whole lot further away from hen Hud than you are in the United States when you're living in like the Laguna Neguel Laguna Beach area. And one of my classmates lived a few towns over in a city called Ladera Ranch, and I remember going over for her birthday because her birthday is also my birthday. So I went over to her how her beautiful home for a party, and there's a pool there and it's just like wow, you know what I mean. And when I went there, there were two women there from home that she had said, Oh, here's so and so and so and so. I didn't even know them, but as soon as I knew they were from hen Hud, it was like two magnets coming together. And the only people that I wanted to talk to that night was Sharon, the girl who had the party, and those two ladies from hen Hud, And I don't even know who they are, and I don't care who they are, but those are the three people that I wanted to hang out with. And I really didn't care about talking to anybody else at the party, so that giving and I was constantly with, you know, like with my arm out with Sharon, you know, just I can't really explain it, But did I explain? This makes sense? Bea what are you thinking right now? You're on mute?
Speaker 4: I know, no, I mean I think it's wonderful.
Speaker 5: I mean a lot of us leave high school and just kind of leave it behind. And I think I admire that you guys have stayed friends for so long and just continue and are consistent, because that's what it takes, right, It's being consistent and always showing up. So I mean, it's amazing that you can still refer to your high school friends forty years almost forty years later, as you know, my friend like, so this connection is deep.
Speaker 3: So I admire that totally.
Speaker 2: It's my family, you know, it really is my family.
Speaker 1: My family is jealous to a degree of the relationship that I have with these guys, and that that's what I'm thinking about, and that that anticipation is I'm driving up the what's the Palisades Parkway towards Bear Mountain, you know, knowing that I'm you know, I'm this close to being able to see my friends. It never you think, oh man, it's going to get old by now. It never gets old. It never gets old. It's just I feel at home and there's nothing better. It's like Dorothy, there's no place like home.
Speaker 2: So yep.
Speaker 1: So it's under this framework that let me see if I can get Tony's And it.
Speaker 4: Sounds like you're the glue that kind of keeps it all together.
Speaker 3: DJ. So he is, yeah, where's the picture of the shirts?
Speaker 1: Okay that they got those shirts that you know, what a difference that Dave makes and it's it's actually very I was very embarrassed, but very honored nonetheless, and there's Tony and it Yeah, I don't want to I really don't want to dive into any credit or anything like that. I'm just happy that we're doing it. But there's Tony. You can see what a beautiful lady she was. And he could, you know, be dressed up and look like that and uh into her fifties and she was.
Speaker 2: That's her daughter. She was at one point.
Speaker 1: A successful business owner. And she was so injured that I believe that's an ex husband. I'm not sure. Yes, that's her in Florida, but she really was. You can see if you look into those eyes, you can you can see, am I am I full screen?
Speaker 2: Now? Am I looking good over there? Yah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, okay, just let me know because I have to be on the other tab looking at this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, looks good.
Speaker 5: She's yeah, she's where on the side and she's in the middle.
Speaker 2: Ye look at those eyes.
Speaker 4: Huh m hm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And she suffered a lot in life. She went through a lot of challenges. This is Kim Acapinti. She's one of our classmates.
Speaker 2: I don't know who Marie is.
Speaker 1: If you guys know Marie there, don't I don't recognize her, But that's Kim. She's another one of our wonderful classmates that we'll see there in October. And there's the photo I ended up using for the artwork there, Tony be Bold, get it back, and that could kind of give you a window into Tony's life to a degree.
Speaker 2: I want to show the.
Speaker 1: Prom photo also because I sent this to a friend last night. That was her son, and you guys see that that is her son. But I want to show this photo from the prom right here. Man, this is junior prom. Do you remember this one?
Speaker 2: Orse?
Speaker 3: I didn't. Actually I didn't go to junior, well, Archie, I went to a different junior, Okay, but yeah, I did go to our senior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there I know. I know you did because you were at my table. Yeah, you were at my table. I have that prom photo somewhere.
Speaker 2: You and yeah, Amy, Yeah it was with Amy. Amy.
Speaker 1: Amy bow guarded her way onto that even after she broke up with me.
Speaker 2: She bo guarded it away into.
Speaker 1: The the the prom. But I ended up spending the after problem with Tricia Bill, so as I mentioned to you, And that's so that was that was really awesome, spending the after I dropped Amy off right after the prom, and then Chrisia Bill and I went to the parties and and it was good because Tricia Bill really really liked me and admired me a lot, but wrote, what's that sweet girl? Yeah, yeah, there's Tony with our class president, Maria Morbido, or she was our president be because this is junior year. Senior year. She went and ran and she's a phenomenal lady. And the work that she does in the community is amazing. What Maria does in the community with her food pantry, she gets tons of food, household items, prom dresses, clothing donated and then people drive to her facility and they're able to load up. I actually got to go and help her stock up a little bit when I was.
Speaker 2: There a couple of days before.
Speaker 1: I saw you be a in Massachusetts. So yeah, but Tony was Yeah, She's just a stunner, a very special lady. And the thing I want to say, and I'm not gonna I'm not gonna drag this on too long here.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 1: When life throws a lot of and thank you Ken for all your kind words, and the cat Lady and all of you guys, thank you so much for everything that you're saying.
Speaker 2: And not that I'm not seeing them, I'm just trying.
Speaker 1: I really want to make this relatively quick, and then I want to get us out of here.
Speaker 2: Tony.
Speaker 1: You know, there were a lot of challenges that Tony faced in life and Worsa and I had the misfortune to have several classmates commit suicide because things were extremely challenging for them. And Tony, despite all the things that I know of and that ORS knows of and we're not going to share those with you for obvious reasons, she fought off those challenges and never gave up and never quit and always thought that photo I saw there, you can get it back. We find that that photo again, I have to scroll up a little bit.
Speaker 2: There you go, be bold, get it back.
Speaker 1: What a metaphor that is right that somebody could go through those things and say I'm not going to quit, you know, challenges with marriages, with men, with her kids, moving up the coast to New York and Jersey and back down in situations making that you know, and it's just a lot of tumult in one's life. What is the value to each of you that has a stable life. You have a stable home, You have a stable home life environment where you feel safe, where you feel loved, and you feel comfortable, and that's what keeps you from feeling challenged every day to maintain your mental state. Tony didn't have that, but she was able to fight off those challenges and not leave and say I've got to find another way out. She fought her way out of that. The the types of medication that they give you for a back injury can get you hooked on these medications because when your back hurts, anybody here who has hurt their lower back or hurt their backs, you can't do anything. You can't do anything, you can't move, you can barely get out of bed. And that's how people get hooked on muscle relaxers.
Speaker 2: And pain medication.
Speaker 1: And Tony was able to fight all exactly right, Sheridy was able to fight all of those things off to continue in life. You just made a bad choice, like all of us, do you know, we all make bad choices. We don't often pay for those with our lives.
Speaker 2: We all have put ourselves orse. You've been around, you've been around the country.
Speaker 1: You've been in some situations that probably could have were hairy or could have gotten a little scary, whether that was down the shore other plate right, Oh yeah, but somehow you emerged and you made it out of those situations and you kind of like, man, I dodged a bullet there.
Speaker 3: Yep. I could say that that's for sure.
Speaker 1: And that this just happened to be one of those situations where that that that did not happen where this person was. Hello, please pass the pepper. Thank you love. She's a friend of ours from New York. Please pass the pepper. Not only came to our meal food in Massachusetts, she is from the New York born and raised. So what thirty six miles from where we're from? And I said that earlier, is that where we thirty six miles in the country from the country where we grew up. It's not uncommon to say, yeah, my friend got gunned down, my friend in the Bronx. You know, my friend was murdered. These things are not unusual stories between high school friends in the Bronx that grew up. But where we come from, this does not happen. No, the kind of crap that's happened with the Karen Reid case and Canton and all that, that doesn't happen in our town.
Speaker 2: It does not happen.
Speaker 1: We're not that dirty as the Albert family is and they're disgusting friends.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this is very very strange. This is very out of character.
Speaker 1: We have not had a classmate murdered in forty years. The medication they tried to give me over the years could have had me hooked to have pill one. I am confused from the bottom to neck in various places, crushed by a drunk driver. Holistic is mandatory, So yeah, she police passed the pepper. Has also suffered those types of injuries where you can get hooked on medication. So let me talk to text. Let me rephrase. Now I totally understand. I talk to text all the time, and it screws it.
Speaker 6: Up for you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Ken is saying, DJ, you have honored your friend, your friend today, hold your memories close as we all know on here. You're a very special person, DJ, and Beatri's and love to your friend. Orse Ken is just I mean to have somebody that watches your show every week like he does from England, so now it's you know what sticks seven hours ahead for him? I mean, how do you how do you think a person like this that shows up and supports us and says you're doing a great job.
Speaker 2: You know it's very different. You know, you can't think of them enough.
Speaker 3: We've got our buddy, Audrey, who she's where. She says she can't log in.
Speaker 2: Tell her to use her phone.
Speaker 1: Let me send her the I will send her the Let me send her the link on on text message.
Speaker 2: If she's got an iPhone.
Speaker 1: This will be easy. Audrey hair State school. Audrey also her father was a police officer.
Speaker 2: I want to say in New Rochelle.
Speaker 1: And okay, kiss, I'll take your word for it.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: Uh, her father and her and her her family had a daytime UFO experience. It's one of the most prolific you'll ever hear. With a ginormous black triangle flying over our town during the day. So how do you explain that one big, silent black triangle? All right, we'll see if Audrey can join us. Thank you, Ken, I appreciate. So let's let's see what Please pass the pepper, he says here.
Speaker 2: Let me get to this and I'll get to you. Ken. The medication doctors give you can have you hooked from pill number one.
Speaker 1: That's what she means. I am fused means she probably has vertebrate fused and so forth. Yeah, holistic is necessary, follow your gut. Yes, I disagree with you.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I have had a holistic remedy to my acid reflux fail. But it works in a lot of situations. That's why we try not to deal in absolutes. All right, let's see if Audrey, Okay, what I'm gonna do here be a and or so I'm gonna turn it over to you, and I'm gonna call Audrey.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's just you and I.
Speaker 5: So we did have a question earlier and I someone I believe Julie, asked if the person was caught, and I believe based on that news clip, they were.
Speaker 3: They were, Okay, yeah, according to the news exactly, I believe they said they were. He was caught in Georgia, and then Palm Beach County officers were on their way up there today to go get him. He actually was in Tony's stolen car with another woman that he apparently met in Orlando. Wow, it's crazy. I don't understand. I don't get it. And how this woman even in Orlando who just met him. And I guess the comment was he said something like, oh, he was going to New York and she's like oh, well, I have nothing to do for the next few days. Sure, I'll go with you. What does this world come to? I mean, she could be his next victim. She could have been his next victim exactly. So I don't understand. I just don't. I don't get it. I don't get it makes absolutely no sense to me. None. Yeah, Shane, it's sad, it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I don't know. It's I'm just at a loss, I know.
Speaker 4: I mean the stages of grief.
Speaker 5: I mean it's just you know, you guys as they're all just in shock right now, and it's yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Like I said, just very surreal. Like I don't know. It just didn't make any sense to me. I just didn't. But maybe.
Speaker 1: Okay, my friends, So I sent Audrey the Google Voice number.
Speaker 2: So if you're listening right now.
Speaker 1: Audie, I, if you call that number, I will answer on Google Voice and you can talk on air.
Speaker 2: You won't be on camera, which I know is okay with you. You've done both. Yeah, Like, it took me a while.
Speaker 1: Once I got her on camera, everyone's like, damn man, look how good Audrey looks.
Speaker 2: Remember with making waves?
Speaker 1: But yeah, if you want to call in, Audie, and you want to talk about just tell a you know, an anecdote about Tony. You can call that number. It is seven one nine six zero two four four six four, and and then you could be I can just pipe you right in. Everybody will hear you on audio.
Speaker 2: So there's that.
Speaker 1: But now it looks like she's she said, it's okay, I'm listening in. Thank you for honoring our classmate in front. So maybe she won't call in. I would love her to do, because she just told me a couple of a couple of anecdotes about Tony coming in in fifth grade in the middle of the year, and you know how difficult that was. You know, when you have a close knit group of kids and somebody coming in, it's really really difficult. But Tony was bigger, and Audrey said she looked very very or a fifth grader.
Speaker 2: Audrey felt like she looked very very young. Tony did not look so young.
Speaker 1: She looked a little, you know, bigger, and so she wanted to cozy up to Audrey.
Speaker 2: And the interesting thing is about our school is.
Speaker 1: That there were and I so I'm gonna I will tell you about this in a second.
Speaker 2: Ken I'm gonna answer this one, So let me star this what you're saying, and I will get right back to you. Oh, here goes Audie. Okay, here we go. All right.
Speaker 6: Mhm. Call from Audrey.
Speaker 3: To accept press one to send a voicement.
Speaker 2: Audie, are you on my dear.
Speaker 6: Bye? You're guilted me into it.
Speaker 2: I'm here, thank you, so go ahead, go ahead or us. I'll be quiet.
Speaker 6: No, you are you?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: My friend?
Speaker 6: Are good? I'm calling you from Florida in my mother in law's house right down here. We just happened to be in Florida. I live in Connecticut. We just happened to be in Florida this week to visiting my mother in law and my brother in law. And Or sent me this horrific story this morning about Tony in Port Saint Lucie. And I'm just still in talk about it, yeah, and just feel terrible. And I really want to thank you gave for, you know, putting this together and honoring Tony. And I mean I knew Tony since this grade. And even though we traveled in different circles in high school, we always remain remained friendly and you know, always would pass each other in the hallway and say hi and that kind of thing. But you know, we weren't tight in high school or anything. But just like Dave was saying, you know, especially when you're with elementary school friends, you always have this rapport, this mutual rapport, even though you go your separate ways in middle school and high school, it's always just like mutual respect for one another. And that's kind of how you know, my relationship was was with Tony after fifth grade. And you know, I remember going to her house and meeting her mother, and I thought it was her sister, her oldest sister, becauslandmother was so young and beautiful, just like Tony. So you know, I when she showed told me it was her mother. I awa to talk about that. And like Dave said, she was a very mature girl. She always dated older guys and you know that kind of thing. And you know, I looked like I was ten when I was still in high school, so we just see different kind of girls. But she was always so friendly to me, so I never I don't have anything you know, bad to say about Tony. She was always very sweet to me, and I'm just really sorry for her her daughter and her son and her parents. It's just a shock. Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Somebody that battles so hard doesn't deserve I mean, nobody deserves this. But some buddy who fought off so many difficult situations and demons that would have made people quit did not make Tony quit. And that's what was One of the extraordinary things about her and the connections we're talking about, is that there were essentially at the time when Audrey and Orris and I went to school, there were three elementary schools. One was called Frank G. Lindsay, that's where Audrey went. One was actually there was four. One was called Furnace Woods. That's where out a little bit more in the country.
Speaker 2: It was a little kind of town ish where Audrey lived.
Speaker 1: There was three villages, Montrose, Buchanan, and Verplank. They were famous kind of Revolutionary War kind of villages because they were right across from a revolutionary or a battle place called a battle site called Stony Point. Audrey and I lived a little bit away from there, a little bit in the country, So we went to the school called Furnace Woods.
Speaker 2: There was another school. Yes, that's what I said, Orse.
Speaker 3: No, you said, I.
Speaker 2: Said, Audrey Okay, I might need to drink. I might need to drink. And then there was another kind of a city ish school called McKinley. Is that right.
Speaker 1: McKinley was the other one. So there was like there was like four Buchanan for Plank and then McKinley.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So essentially, what we're saying to you is that all of us have a connection from high school as one group, and then inside of that there are these groups of the people that went to these different elementary schools together, and so there's a certain bond that I have an orse and other people Andrea she mentioned earlier, whom we lost to cancer, who kicked all this off, we had a certain connection that when you look at that person and you're in their presence, there's a thing there that's unspoken that I can't explain to you. And that's what Audrey feels about the people that, like Tony that went to Frank G. Lindsey, and probably she has an even deeper connection with people where she was there the whole you know, the whole six grades if you will, of Frank G.
Speaker 2: Lindsey.
Speaker 1: So that's what we're saying, and that's why we feel close now. Ken is asking me to talk about I want to explain my relationship with Tony. My relationship with Tony, I don't remember if it was built around these get togethers. It may have been me inviting her because I would go on Facebook and invite people to show up, but somehow I think it was something on Facebook.
Speaker 2: We ended up messaging one another.
Speaker 1: We exchanged phone numbers and I called her and she's probably like, here's this guy, Dave san Marco calling me that I never even knew in high school, like she I knew her, she knew me, but maybe just okay, that's Dave, but she didn't really know. We didn't know each other because we were in different groups. But it didn't matter. All that matters again, is we both went to hen Hunt. That doesn't matter if you hung out or didn't hang out. And so I called her and she told me about her life, told me about her marriage, told me about her struggles, told me about her physical problems, made me laugh, just was really adorable and cool and loved the fact that I was trying to get her to come back to New York to hang out with us and say, it's really important to us that you're there. Tony and it's I'm so happy to be speaking with you.
Speaker 2: So that was that. That is about.
Speaker 1: Really all I can tell you Ken about Tony. I didn't know her in high school. I knew of her. She was famous because, like I said, she was a tough girl, a spirited girl. She fought the toughest girl in the high school, no problems, and she was I had a little bit of that bad girl in her. But she wasn't a mean girl, to at least what I could see now. Now Audrey would say she may.
Speaker 2: Have picked on people. A lot of people picked on people. Right now.
Speaker 1: I could tell you ors, I'll tell you one of our best friends is Stuart, and Stuart and Jim Balolo had a plan to beat me up. Huh yes, in ninth grade. Yes, And you know who boiled that plot. Brian Benini approached Stuart and said, if you touch San Marco or you touched Dave, you're gonna have some big problems. I didn't. I did not know this happened. I never knew this happened. I didn't even know they were after me. I didn't know that Brian defended me. But that's what happened because I was a little midget in freshman year. Yeah, so people picking on other people was not uncommon in Hinhud. It was a lot more demure when this group that you're seeing when us three were there as seniors. But when we were freshmen, there was a lot of fights in Hinhud.
Speaker 2: You could get beat up.
Speaker 1: There were Oh, I can tell you stories and even the year before us or Skip Travis told me a lot of stories and taco and there was a lot of fights at Henhud. I'm sure that's why my brother wasn't there, But you're not going to remember.
Speaker 2: That now, and you're a girl, and you're a girl my.
Speaker 3: Brother tell you some stories or hearing and seeing things from my brothers. M well, he was three years older than us.
Speaker 1: Yes, there were fights in Hinhud, and you you had to be able to defend yourself. And you didn't go in that bathroom on the senior hall floor unless at certain times of the day, unless you were a particular somebody, because if you went that bathroom, you're probably gonna get your ass kicked.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I did have a fight in that bathroom, by the way, but that was our senior year.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm not getting into that right now.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, one of my wrestling teammates wanted to fight me in the bathroom, in that bathroom on Senior Hall third that second was second floor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my gosh, well.
Speaker 6: I would to the problem.
Speaker 2: We need we need some applause on that one. Hold up, man, let me get this.
Speaker 1: This for Audrey, This for Audrey who Stewart, just here we go, Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yes, Stuart had a crush on Audrey. Apparently Stuart uh dated most of well after reading his yearbook. Okay, so we lost.
Speaker 2: Another friend to brain cancer.
Speaker 1: And when we commiserated at Stuart's house after the wake, I opened up his yearbook and started reading what Curls wrote about Stuart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of girls who had a crush on Stuart. Yeah correct, ladies, yeah.
Speaker 6: Correct, But we went as friends. I never dated.
Speaker 1: You are so only you could only you could make me laugh right now. But but there were I mean the quote Stuart will bring that yearbook to our reunion and I will read stuff from it. But his wife was glaring at me, like, date, what's at I've done nothing to hide, no, I know, but Stewart definitely does. Because Stella was calling him a pervert.
Speaker 2: It was wild. But his wife was like Dave without.
Speaker 1: Saying it, just her facial expression was Dave, get the out of my house. That I mean, she didn't say that because she had heard all about Dave. And then I show up and she was like, nice to meet you, so honored to meet you. And then twenty minutes later she's like, get out. Because I was reading all these inscriptions in Stuart's I mean, Andrea wrote like two pages in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, all right, we're not going to bore you guys for the entire night. We got to.
Speaker 1: I want to wrap this up because I feel so much better that you two guys came on here.
Speaker 2: So that's good.
Speaker 1: So final comments. Let's let's go with Audrey's first, and she's on the phone.
Speaker 6: I just I just feel really sad for her family. I can see for them. And you know, a lot of our classmates were much closer to Tony in the you know, later years than I was. I know, Kim and Chris, they've got.
Speaker 7: To be really hurting Diane and all of Tony's friends, you know, and Diane, it's just you know, I always Kelly, I just really always you know had a friendly relationship with Tony and she'll be missed.
Speaker 6: I was really looking forward to seeing her and a lot of other people at the fortieth. I really thought that she would, you know, come come and join us. So this is really quite a shock and a horrific thing.
Speaker 7: And I know she was recently a grandma and everything, so it's just so heartbreaking, right.
Speaker 6: I just want to thank you guys for you know, doing this for her. And you know, we've lost a lot of classmates. We've lost what fifteen something classmates and we're only in our fifties. So I would encourage all our classmates if you can at all come to our fortieth really, because it could be you know, you're our last chance. You don't know, oh when you know it's your last time to see somebody, you know, that's it.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Audie for saying that and for sharing your bright light.
Speaker 2: And I'll be speaking with you soon.
Speaker 1: Thank you for working with me and being my uh running buddy for this uh this reunion that you and I are basically on that reach out to people detail and and it's always an honor.
Speaker 2: To speak with you.
Speaker 6: Likewise, I'll be in touch, Oh, all right.
Speaker 2: Worse.
Speaker 8: Honestly, I have to agree with everything Audrey said. It's it's sad. It's it's very sad, and I feel for family.
Speaker 9: It's it's a shock. It's a shock, and it's it's just senseless. It's something that should not have happened. It's I don't know, it's just sad. It's just really sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I'd love to get in, uh, be one of those detectives that gets to get in a room alone with Carlos and.
Speaker 2: See what he's actually got.
Speaker 1: That could turn out very poorly for me, but but I'd love to see what he's got. And and with that my most important thing to me right now. The only thing I'm thinking about today really is how can we honor to How do we get a hold of the mom or the dad and hopefully I can and and find out where we can have services, and God willing, it'll be in New York, because I don't I'm sorry I say that I don't want to fucking go to Florida to honor Tony.
Speaker 2: I want to go to New York.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, again not knowing, but I would imagine, I mean, her daughter, son, they're all up there, right, it.
Speaker 2: Makes sense to do it somewhere in the Tri state area. So yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Thank you Julie for saying that everybody here, all of you have such sweet words. Boo can everybody the cat lady or Maud. I didn't get too as much of you guys, but there was a lot of trying to burn up a lot of energy trying to remember.
Speaker 2: Be a last Would you like to say anything before we close this thing out?
Speaker 5: No, I mean I think your fortieth this year coming up is going to definitely have a new meaning. Hopefully you find a way to honor her there as well, because obviously you know she would have potentially been attending as well. So yeah, so I just you know, I admire how close you all are, and you know, you guys are family. It's it's a parent and you know, you guys are the family that you picked, right, not the ones that were chosen for you, the ones that you guys picked and just continue being there for each other. There's gonna this. You know, grief has a lot of you know this five stages of grief, and you guys are just all in shock and you know it's it's sad, and.
Speaker 4: You know, I just send you all my love and sympathy.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, bea urse, Thank you so much love. I'll be uh in touch with you over the next couple of days. Let's endeavor to find out where the services.
Speaker 2: Are going to be.
Speaker 1: I realized that there is a forensic component to this that is required in order for them to establish the guilt of this man, Carlos Caban, So it won't be this open and shut. Okay, she's already you know, at the funeral home and so forth, because they're going to need to make sure that they can pin this murder on the guy, which is a different thing than what we're accustomed to.
Speaker 2: Our friends have.
Speaker 1: Died of of more natural causes, if you will. We've had a few where that weren't natural causes, but not somebody who's been murdered. So so yeah, it may be a few days, I.
Speaker 3: Would I would think yeah with.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, definitely, Thank you, Bia, and thank you every all you you know cabbies that are in the chat here, and we'll be seeing you Friday night, excuse me, sadday night. We're going to see you for Nan Gallagher and Kate Casey. Kate Casey, the host of Reality Life with Kate Casey. Hi, Lisa, and this should be a pretty amazing episode because Kate Casey is a very very high level interviewer and our goal is to let her interview Attorney Nan Gallagher about this case that we're covering about the the murder of Officer John O'Keefe. That's what this show has been covering for the most part. I probably haven't talked to you about it ors very much, but I can send you some details on the case.
Speaker 2: So so yes.
Speaker 1: This Saturday is going to be a great show, and by then I'll be feeling a little more able to do a show like this while we hope for the opportunity to go and honor Tony Burrello. You know, I'm gonna put her up here one more time. March seven, eventeenth, nineteen sixty seven to March. I want to say it was maybe the twentieth, March twentieth of twenty twenty five. It could could have even been more. It could have been the twenty third.
Speaker 3: I think it seems like it could have been because they found er Monday morning, so Sunday Sunday.
Speaker 1: Okay, and Sunday would have been Sunday would have been the twenty third, twenty third. So yeah, so March seventeenth, nineteen sixty seven to March twenty third, twenty twenty five, we will honor you, Tony, and we will love you forever, and we will be your family forever. I know that physically your body as your body is now being examined and being analyzed, but your spirit left with this happened, and your spirit is still here, and it may have already inhabited another person, another body. There may be a child in which that was born that now has your spirit.
Speaker 2: But I know that you're still here. So love you, Tony, Love.
Speaker 1: You, ors bye.
Speaker 3: To meet you or again.
Speaker 4: Sorry for your loss.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you everybody.
Speaker 1: Thank you for you guys in the chat Lisa, you know mods bands, Thank you for coming and just hanging out and listening to me grieve.
Speaker 2: It's not something that you had to do. It's not fun. It's not talking about Karen Reid and the other interesting things we talk about.
Speaker 1: It's a bunch of high school friends and my co host musing about it. And it really means a lot to me that you came and hung out. So thank you, Love you, everybody
Speaker 2: Love you, okay, well we