Speaker 1: Here's your nine first one and Wether forecast. Today's going to be a mostly cloudy day, possible flurries this afternoon. We'll see high at thirty one, down to nine degrees overnight, sunny skies tomorrow with the higher twenty five thirteen overnight, and on Saturday, little warmer. Look forward to that forty one for the high. It'll be cloudy as well, eighteen degrees right now. Time for traffic.
Speaker 2: From the UCL Traffic Center, and you see health. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at u S health dot Com. In ben seventy four continues heavy from above Montana. The wreck of Peatment is clear and out of the way. Southbound seventy five now slows out of Lockland. There's an accident that blocks the right mains westbound thirty two before two seventy five. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc DE talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven point thirty hit seven thirty one to fifty five KRCD talks day. Well, we have a new day in the America, a new down and maybe the end of climate religion. Just talking about that with Ken Blackwell Earlier, we talked a little bit about what Dave Ooyage from the Taxpayer Protect Alliance, and we continue Ohio energy poly discussion with Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prosperity. Welcome back to the fifty five Krsey Morning Show, My friend. Always good to.
Speaker 3: Have you on.
Speaker 1: Brian glad to be here well, and you got a shot of adrenaline too. A reform energy policy in Ohio after the Donald Trump announcements pulled us out of the Paris Accord all of the above energy strategy, which means all of the above, we get rid of the ev mandate which is just ridiculous, and probably the end of green subsidies because he put a halt to the green projects under the Inflation Reduction Act, which it wasn't. This is positive, positive steps in the right direction to lower our energy bills and create energy independence, is it not?
Speaker 3: It absolutely is. From what President Trump has done in the first forty eight hours in the White House to what you publican majorities in Congress have indicated are going to be top priorities, down to what leadership here in Columbus, here in Ohio, and the House and Senate have indicated as top priorities when it comes to energy. This is great, Brian, because this is what we had heard when we were out there on the doors we were doing all these gas station price rollback events and other things last year talking to folks around the state of Ohio. People are feeling the pain in a lot of ways, but energy and the rise and cost energy is one of them. And we're excited to see so many of our leaders taking this up as a top priority early in the legislative calendar this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as I observed earlier in our discussions with the other folks, you know, this is one profoundly concrete example of how we can lower the inflation rate, lower the prices of goods and service, because everything we eat and consume is of course shipped somewhere by a semi tractor trailer, and you have to have energy keep the lights on. The electricity bill has been going through the roof because of these great, ridiculous green energy subsidies which do nothing to increase efficiencies or provide more electricity, just divert precious dollar resources to chasing our tail carbon reduction projects. I mean it's it's it's going to lower our energy builds its period, end of story. I don't think anybody can argue against that from an economic standpoint. You know, more supply cheaper, it's going to be cheaper.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's yeah. So we put out a study actually yesterday alongside the Buckeye Institute to lay out some principles six principles in particular that lawmakers here in the state of Ohio. I think these things apply to the subtle government as well, but we're targeting the state of Ohio with this report that really will get to the heart of free market energy solutions. What we want to see as an abundance approach to energy policy making, where we increase the supply of energy. We're rather than trying to find different gimmicks or subsidies or other other goofy mechanisms to try to to bring really because they don't work. They haven't worked for years. It's time that we embrace the free market and an abundance supply for energy policy making.
Speaker 1: Well, are you Americans for Prosperity and the Buckeye Institute also pushing and I hope the answer is yes. Nuclear plants because that's one thing that would generate the abundance of electricity.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean it's a great form of reliable energy, right, Brian. And that's really what we need, is we need energy that you can also call up on demand. Right as we have these spikes, so you have these cold blasts like we just experienced, we may need a little more energy. And so absolutely nuclear is part of that picture. Indiana, I don't know if you saw this, but Mike Brawn just announced they're putting one of those modular nuclear facilities. And I believe out there talking to my colleague in the Indiana AFP chapter about that yesterday. It stuff's happening, Brian. We need to embrace it.
Speaker 1: Well, we need to embrace it. You know. That's wonderful. But why does Indiana get to pave the way? Why can't we do it? I mean, can we take a queue from this? Can we take a queue from the French? I mean the French are they have a ton of nuclear plants, so much so that Germany, which cut its own throat, the former economic powerhouse of the European Union, trying to rely on the sun and the wind to generate power. Guess what the sign ain't shine and the wind ain't blowing right now. They had to tap into France's abundance of energy to keep their lights on in Germany. I mean, come on, we can't learn the lessons from these folks.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, that's absolutely part of it. Well, when you think about the onshoreing talking internationally now, right, you know, if we're going to try to bring these manufacturing jobs back to the United States, those don't run on ferry, dust and hopes and dreams, right. Those factories take a lot of power to operate. Manufacturers need cheap, affordable, reliable energy in order to create their facility, to open their facilities up and create the jobs that so many Americans are hungry for. That only comes with good free market energy policy that will embrace abundance in our energy sector rather than an over reliance on unreliable sources of energy.
Speaker 1: And if you can demonstrate that you have a underscore of the word reliable energy source that produces an electricity a less or less money, and you have generally energy policies in this country or most notably even just the state of Ohio that allow for a cheaper energy bill, that is going to be a magnet for global corporations to want to come here and settle down. I mean, we obviously are far more competitive than the European Union when it comes to this stuff. The door's open, the water's warm, come on in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's something you know. Senate President Rob McCauley had. I've had the opportunity to hear him speak about some of the some of his vision for this legislative session, and when he talks about energy, that's sort of the vision he's casting here, which is, look, we're sitting on an abundance of a great natural resource. We are, you know that being natural gas. We have a steady, reliable uh political or environment here, right, and that we've got conservative leadership in the House, the Senate, and the governor's mansion where we want we ought to be able to you know, Republicans tend to be the party of free markets and abundance, right, so we want to bring we have to be able to bring these jobs here. We have to be able to have folks who want to cite their projects here have the comfort of knowing that their projects will still be viable ten years down the road. Where in states like New York or New Jersey, where they're very progressive, right, Brian, they're going to maybe pull the rug out from under a natural gas facility, and so there's no desire to invest there. We can do that here on. We can invest in that energy, we can bring those jobs to the state, and we can make some really great things happen over the next decade.
Speaker 1: And all it takes is getting out of the way. I mean, nothing causes more energy to be more expensive than government regulations. I mean the edicts and mandates in pursuit of this impossible to catch carbon elimination. It's only because of that that we have high energy bills. It's just we Again, I always go back to it's we're cutting our own throat. We're making our lives miserable just because someone waved a pen and signed a piece legislation forcing people to do something the otherwise wouldn't do. Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean the one of the most recent examples of that was in the Inflation Reduction Act. Part of the requirements there around coal were to implement so called clean coal technologies that don't even actually exist or viable right now, and so facto killing a form of energy production by creating an unachievable bar for this industry to meat. And that's two principles that we drive that here in this report with the Bucket Institute was ending subsidies that hide the real cost of energy right or distort the energy market. And then also getting to making sure environmental policies actually promote well being rather than desired public policy outcomes or favorite interests. Right. We do those some of those things, we're going to have a better product we're going to have and when we're going to get that energy we need at the price that it ought to be. Well.
Speaker 1: And as you noted earlier, the Republicans control Columbus US and ergo which direction we go in? Do the Republicans have the will to take on these challenges in the face of the Greta thunbirds of the world frowning and waving their finger at them.
Speaker 3: I think they would do it gleefully. Brian, Well, the early signals are I think what we'll see later today actually is there will be a press conference I believe is happening today. It's supposed to happen yesterday, It might happen today from the House introducing their energy legislation. We haven't seen the details of it yet, but from what we hear, it should be very much in the vein of what we're talking about. Good. The Senate has already introduced a placeholder bill with the Senator Ryanikey from North central Ohio, Senate Bill two, and that will be the Senate we're told that will be the Senate's version of energy legislation that'll get to the heart of a lot of the problems we've been seeing. So there's already movement in Columbus on tackling some of these things, and I think we'll see some really exciting opportunities.
Speaker 1: Oh that's wonderful. Well, you know you have a spot here in the fIF about Cassey Morning Show to bring the details to our attention if something gets handed out that we can all take a look at. And I'll remain cautiously optimistic that I would think that Donald Trump has opened the door to actually get something done. You know, he's on board with this, so we should get on board with this. And you can say it's consistent with the federal government's policy on energy all the above strategy. We need efficient, we need reliable, and that's what we're going to do here in Ohio. And let's be the first state to embrace this, get get back ahead of Indiana.
Speaker 3: It's why we put this report out. We wanted to be able to give lawmakers the foundational principles to be able to go out and do the hard work of policy making legislating, but do it in the right way, not not in the way they've been doing it for the past couple decades.
Speaker 1: Day Fourth Part Company this morning. I can't thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our meeting, me and my collective listening off is not the royal we Is there someplace or is there anything my listeners can do to try to advance this. We just wait and keep our powder dry until the legis gets rolled out. And if there is any of the above, what's the website we should consult to get the details on what you guys are doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, actually go visit our friends at the Buckeye Institute Buckeyeinstitute dot com. Go visit them. This report I've been talking about through the show is available there. We developed it because we want more people to be able to understand the past twenty five years of energy policy making that sort of got us where we are today. But then also have some principles they can embrace and take to their lawmakers and encourage them to apply these principles like ending subsidies or you know the environmental overreach that's happening in our country today. Go to Buckeyeinstitute dot com. Check them out, check out their report, and let us know what you think about it.
Speaker 1: Dave Williams can thank you enough for the details and the information. I'll look forward to having you back on the program really soon. Keep up the great work. Thanks Brian seven forty one fifty five care see the talk station and get in touch with cover. Since the team at cover sincy for cheaper, less expensive I should say medical insurance with dollar one coverage. You know it's never too late to consult the experts at cover since about your medical insurance because you're paying too much. I can pretty much definitively stay that as your broker, they work for you and they have your best interest in minds. Like a financial planner, they have to keep you in mind fiduciary obligations. What they're doing is working with insurance companies, a couple of hundred of them, and they have access to thousands of different insurance policies. There's a multitude of types of medical insurance out there, allows them to layer policies, so you have different policies for different experiences like the you know, the run of the mill physician checkup or the catastrophic hospital stay. You won't have the massive out of pocket reliability that you currently have. Couples under sixty five save in between five thousand and a thousand, five hundred and one thousand dollars a month with better coverage. That's absolutely true. And if you're a small business, I cannot encourage you enough to just call the team up, have them take a look at where you are. You can have better employee retention. And even if you're a situation where your employees cannot afford medical and insurance, they will be I can say that with confidence. I've talked to John Romans so many times we do a Sunday morning segment on medical insurance, and he has opened my eyes to the multitude of different ways that most insurance brokers or agents out there don't even know about. It's just amazing what he and his team can do, and it doesn't cost you anything but some time, no obligation financially or otherwise, call five one three eight hundred two two five five that's five one three eight hundred call. You can fill a format online to get this process started and fill it out as much as possible. The more comprehensive you are, the quicker the process will go, and they will keep your information confidential. It's cover since he dot com. That's cover since he dot com. Fifty five KRC