Speaker 1: Ross right him back, tell him we will, but only for three weeks, okay, and then we're out of here again. Okay, good. Yeah, this time of the year, man, this time of the year, putting these two holidays so close together. But yeah, we'll chuck it out here for the next three weeks. I do have to say this though, and I have I've mentioned this phenomena on the show previously. The example I always use is Barack Obama gets the Nobel Peace Prize, and the phenomena is I get the prep done, I send the prep over, or in this case with the Obama thing, I was the person doing the prep. I had Ross's job essentially, and I just got it all put together. Everything's fine now. In this case, I went to sleep that night. I woke up next morning and immediately I flip on our radio station, which was the talk station of Minneapolis that I worked at, and you know, we got Fox News run on top bottom of the hour, and there it is, there's the notifications on my phone, and it essentially renders the prep packet that you just did more of a if we need it right, because it's no longer the biggest story out there, and that's what happened yesterday. And by the way, the first prep packet back from a vacation is usually pretty cumbersome because I don't have my rollover stories. So every day when we do this, we have a prep It literally is a word document that Ross produces from links and other stuff that I send him, and then you know, anything he sees, and then it just goes in there right, And a lot of times we don't get to stories because we ramble or we get a lot of calls on something I didn't think we would, And that's okay, and if it's good enough, I copy and paste the story to another document that I have, which is just a never ending rollover thing right with the date on there. The problem when you're gone for a week is most of those stories then, unless they're super evergreen, are are gone. So I just want to point out that it was a heavier lift than usual. Plus you got to get your head back in it. Yeah, that's uh. Ross and I work on Sundays putting the prep packet together for Monday, and you don't want to. Usually, if we have any decent amount of time off. As soon as I send the first email to Ross, I get a text that just says nope, So right, that's how we feel about it. And what do you what was it five minutes after I sent all the prep yesterday the President decides to pardon his kid. But I had judge what time did I text Ross on this? Maybe it was a little after that?
Speaker 2: Do you do you.
Speaker 1: It would have been their thirty six minutes after the prep was sent. We get the we get the notification there, and as you can imagine, we got to talk about this. But I have a I have a few different ways that I want to approach that story. And it's not the only story we're gonna do, obviously, but it's it. It's one of the crazier ones, and the justification for it is amazing too. First and foremost, what I want you to I want you to take time to do today is pay very special attention to how different websites, news outlets, all of it, choose to handle it and and the story that they the stories, and the wording of the stories. And you don't even have to go back and dig through their archives to figure out all those times that were like, oh, Trump gets it, He's gonna pardon his whole family. We can't let him do it, it would be a constitutional crisis. You can just wait, just write because if you see, if you see somebody writing a story today that in some way, shape or form, isn't the same absolute lunacy freak out that they give Trump for just little stuff, man, like what was what was the one that like some of Avanka's merch was made overseas or something, I mean, just stupid stuff. If you see a measure, a more measured approach to this, by the way, a thing that Joe Biden promised all his media buddies in a press conference he would not do, I believe. In an interview to John Harwood over at CNN, he said the same thing. So as as as you watch this, I then want you to watch the things that come up on the Trump side. I'll give you an example. Could you could be Trump, It could be his points. Ross, did you see about kash Ptel, the guy they nominated for the FBI director. Did you see the scandal already unfolding around this?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: This is uh and this hit me hard. And I because Ross and I are of the We were in high school in the nineties, right, we graduated. Where are you ninety seven? Or ninety eight, ninety seven, ninety seven. All right, so we're right in the meat of this, and like I was horrified to learn this. So the guy who the FBI is absolutely not pleased with the people that work there. And here's what you got to know about Patel. Among other things, he held a an appointed position during the first Trump administration and his basically his only job was to uncover all of the players and the moving parts and everything of the Russian collusion hoax, which means he was crawling around DC for a couple of years. And you know, and prior to that, he worked for he you know, he worked for campaign, he worked for members of the administration, He worked for a member of Congress, like you know, the dudes known in Washington circles. And then one day his job is to name or is to find out the names. Let's figure let's you know, let's let's let's figure out who these intelligence officials are. Let's figure out who the reporters. Uh, let's figure out the how they were double dipping sources like with the Yahoo thing for the FISA warrants. This is what this is all he worked on. So around Washington people knew that this dude was sleuth and all this stuff. So they hate him. They hate him. So the idea that you would put him in charge of the FBI, Oh yeah, there's Honestly, if I had to make a most likely to be assassinated list, this dude's right up in the top three.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't know, dude, I wouldn't touch him. You saw his photo, right, what? Yeah? Stearing it and I don't know if it's like a scared a crazy look.
Speaker 1: Well that that's what you kind of want to go for it, make them and make them wonder what you're think.
Speaker 2: It's a great photo, yeah, but none of it matters. It looks like a wrestling promo photo.
Speaker 1: You haven't. None of it matters. Are you ready for this from Politico? Mm hmm, let me just read the actual Uh. This is from Jacqueline Sweet, who is a writer there. She says she has a source, someone who went to high school with Kash Patel, and according to her source, Patel was known to have parties at his house when his parents weren't there in the ninety nineties house party parents weren't there.
Speaker 2: Dude, I heard he turn it into a brothel.
Speaker 1: Old Well, oh, you're missing the second half of this. Are you sitting Are you sitting at Ross is seated? Ross is seated? Okay, good, and I hope you all are too. Because Pottel's family also had a room in their house, which was a dedicated prayer room, I guess, but it doesn't matter. They had a room in their house, and it's told in the legend of the Petel house party that two boys may have hooked up with two girls in that room during the party when his parents weren't there. So I don't know how you can put this guy in charge of the FBI. Clearly, clearly he's not that. He did no no, no, no no. Some people at the party when his parents were out. And as you know, in the nineties, we had no concept of house parties. Nothing. The Roz I'm assuming it's connected to you guys didn't pull this stuff right where there'd be parties where parents were gone in the midd.
Speaker 2: We definitely didn't do that on my buddy's Phil Phil's house. That didn't all. I didn't do that. Definitely didn't do that.
Speaker 1: It's good, and it sounds like you're qualified to be FBI.
Speaker 2: Tell us clearly not Also like to say in my own defense, the same did not happen at my buddy Mike's house.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, you know what, this is good. We're going to sell on the record, and I will say that we have fish and derby, which is a thing at the very end of summer Labor day weekend up Buffalo and then everybody goes out to lake to smet and even the high schoolers. We'll pitch a bunch of tents, and we might have consumed some beverages and there may have made I clearly was not at an incident where at about one in the morning where there's a group of about I don't know, ten guys ten gals sitting there. All of a sudden, Darren, Chris and Rainy come running out of the woods and there's a cliff you jump off into the water. It's only about eight feet and that's where we camp stark naked streaking it and then boom into the lake while while the girls all screamed and everybody left. That did not happen at all. In fact, you know what, Actually I was just maybe we could hit Biden to pardon him, maybe we get Biden to part in him. Then we don't have to worry about any of this stuff. Do you understand the scope? Obviously I'm being tongue in cheekum ptell what absolute lunacy ross I seem to remember I was thinking thinking back hearing about this once no, no, no, twice, no no, no, three times from some mystical oracles in the nineties named kid and Play. Are you familiar with these guys because they did weigh in on this house party thing. And I'm just glad in Wyoming we didn't pull this stuff.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you don't even have houses in Wyoming to do this stuff.
Speaker 1: Now, we have cabins, right, we would just we'd each go because everybody who's in ranching they have stock cabins, right, So when your cows are up on the mountains, there's a cabin up there. Let me use them for hunting and party. So and we never had any parties at the Asponda cabin, Mitch's, not Johnasponda's because John's crazy, but never at Mitch's cabin ever every weekend. Yeah, So, going back to the Biden thing, you need to understand the scope of this because he didn't just pardon him on that gun charge. He pardoned him on anything any federal crime from twenty fourteen to now. That's an interesting number, isn't it. Twenty fourteen to now. I mean, yes, I understand that, but also to include all that stuff and not simply the two things he was to be sentenced on here in just a couple of weeks. Actually you went, you did the whole thing. Well, if you do the whole thing, that's also going to include uh oh, look at that the time he was on the boards for Barisma and also doing the China deal. That literally covers the scope of that. And this excuse, this excuse that you're seeing where well he was. These were crimes committed under the throes of addiction. What a wonderful standard. Let me ask it. Let me ask our listeners a question. Any of you who have struggled with addiction, and I have a family member, I've talked, I've mentioned this, and yes, they committed crimes. In fact, it was you know, it was a lot of little stuff, and you know, and it was stuff that people addicted to drugs do, right, Money went missing, stuff like that, and and it got to the point where they were they were literally going to lock him up. He had one last chance and thankfully he took it and it worked out, but he still was adjudicated for those he just he had his sentence stayed while we tried that, and thank god it worked out. But we don't just we don't just ignore how many here's my question, how many of you who have, let's say you struggle with alcohol, have a DUI shouldn't you That shouldn't be on your record if that's the standard here. Hell, San Francisco shouldn't prosecute it. Well, hold on, that's a bad example. But you get what I'm saying. Uh uh, you know what I am. You know what? Excuse me, now, Ross, we have listeners who went to house parties in the nineties. You need to you need Jesus or a federal pardoner or something. Man, I can't. I can't believe those types of folks are out there today. No, but I'm serious. So all crimes within the within the scope of addiction, because that's the argument you're making.
Speaker 2: Imagine I'm patrol life. They pull over somebody and they're like, hey, what are you doing there? Are you doing this crime thing? I'm a crack ind Are you free to go?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh, you can even be like ah, yes, the cocaine did not blow in the window and land in my pocket. It is mine. But I'm an addict. So and it doesn't mean you can't be compassionate, right, like I just talked about. You know this, this one last chance was after a series of chances. I guess they said, I won't say chances, because he was he essentially he took the charges for the misdemeanor stuff. But this was when he walked into the big boy court and they gave him a chance and he took it. So that's that's the compassion there. But what are you talking about? And then, and I'm going to read some of this statement, the sheer audacity of well above all of those things, the you know, above them, beyond beyond all those things, the going after my son was purely political. Where was politics at play? You bet it was absolutely in raising awareness of the insanity. But you're arguing two different things. Just because somebody may be in the light because of politics, have a famous politician relative in this case or whatever it is, does it in negate whether they committed the crime or not. See, the argument you're making is an argument you make when somebody is unjustly convicted. Hunter admitted to all these things as part of his plea deal. Now you can say that's coerced, but they had him dead to rights on this stuff. He clearly filled out those forms. And there's there's multiple people sending they through that gun in the dumpster. Absolute insanity, which we will dive into the tel thing. And I think a guy threw himself a touchdown passed yesterday. NFL was crazy. We'll get to all of it. Hang on. So for some reason, and this is what we talk about, because I looked. I looked not at my next Gen CLO, which is our official broadcast, but I looked at the clock on my laptop down to the bottom right corner which used to sink right. Because they're both pegged that they're now let's see here they are now for no reason, I can understand nineteen seconds off from each other, and Ross's mic processing is off. Who messes with everything when we're on vacation. Not that they could have messed with my laptop because I had that with me obviously, but.
Speaker 2: Hey, how does how does that happen? I came in early today just to see what would be broke broken?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, I connected some stuff like way early today that we that we use and I'm just fingers crossed while I did it, because I'm like, I just knew at that point if it didn't connect, then all of a sudden, I gotta figure other stuff and wake up poor Matt. And so if it's just my clock's not sinking and your MIC's not a little weird, that's a win, man, that's a win. So there you go, right, Hey, remember this, what.
Speaker 4: Is before us is a president who is living the rule of law. He is living it in the in the way he is not pardoning his son, which he could do.
Speaker 2: These are federal charges.
Speaker 4: He is not doing that. He is not doing it because he is living what it means to have a rule of law in this country. And then is it isn't? I mean, if you want to know, if he believes it, you can actually see what is happening with his own son. I mean, I'm not saying that if you should get credit for it, because it is the right that Trump has been said exactly. It's that you the idea that you can't see it, or is that really what's going on? Or when you can see what he is actually living by is his own son is being prosecuted, and he is allowing the norms that are required to limited democracy to go forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is MSNBC. Is that sake he's talking to. I can't whether there's like two other people there, but it doesn't matter. The point is they've all bought the line. Right, you've already committed to the line. Remember way back, it was well, he's a good father. He's a good father, and then half the country is like, he also might be an accomplice. We don't know what we like to know. So it becomes immeasurably harder in motivating people, especially elected members of Congress, to I'm not saying there's not going to be exceptions, but in large part they're going to be like, well, look, we'd love to get to the bottom of the big guy and all the money and all that stuff. But he's already he's pardon hunter for all crimes I might add, committed since twenty fourteen, but not just the two he's convicted of. So you know, the argument that that you're going to expend resources and go forward, now you have a baked in excuse not to. And I think there's a lot of uh uh wishbag members of Congress who are are of that opinion. Plus, one of the things that we don't traditionally do, although that norm has been thrown away, is go after president's former presidents. Right, remember the whole there was the whole Nixon thing where he's pardon and then hissy he you know, he's pardoned by his successor. There's been other examples of this throughout the history of the United States. And and tell what happened with Trump happened that was kind of the way that they did things, so they'll they'll just ignore that. But yeah, this thing is sweeping in uh in in in the size and scope of what they're pardoning him for. It's an amazing deal and all. And it's so dishonest the way they're reporting this because they then choose to ignore. In fact, let me, I want to read this verbatim from an article. Okay, in fact, well, let me do this, because that's not the it's the other one I wanted. I got like three articles on this. Let's just real quick. Let's let's hear from Jean Pierre on the pardon issue. Leading up. We don't know what she's going to say today. I think she's gonna call it sick. I would I feel like I have super Siberian covid.
Speaker 2: No, No, I heard she's so much Titus. It was so much turkey, like salmonilla from the Turk? Is that I heard?
Speaker 1: I think she's vegan?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh is she so?
Speaker 2: It's salmonilla vegan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, fry can get it.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, probably very sick.
Speaker 1: Oh man sucks. All right, Well, let's hear what she said previously. Second one with a cousin partner, or commute his son if he's convicted.
Speaker 5: So I've answered this question before.
Speaker 1: It was asked of me not too long ago, a couple of weeks ago, and I was very clear, and I said.
Speaker 2: No, We'll go back to the first question.
Speaker 1: I know you said not a lot of changed than yesterday, and that's a personal matter.
Speaker 4: But from a presidential perspective, is there any possibility that the president would end up pardoning his son?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did you seven times the president would not pardon or community senses for his son Hunter?
Speaker 1: Why did you jump this in three different times?
Speaker 2: Say it's still it's still a no. It's the bat it's still a no. It will be a no.
Speaker 1: It is a no, And I don't have anything else to add.
Speaker 2: Will he pardon his son?
Speaker 1: No, it's not like she said that on three separate occasions, was it? And probably more? Actually, oh it is, yeah, yeah, she's not shown up for work today. All right, here's the here's the article I wanted. And remember, sometimes you have to you have to recognize this is the Associated Press article. I kind of use this as the Bell Weather or uh mass uh uh mainstream journalism, because one is, it's constantly when they put on the list of right left down the middle, they always like, oh no, eightp's right down the middle. It's not okay. It's not as somebody who is who is a who has has been an AP contributor, who then has to send stuff to a state editor and then gets ignored. You notice a pattern there on stuff that being said. The reporter knows it. So this Associated Press reporter Zeke Miller knows this. And yet I want you to I want you to listen to the way that he wrote one of these, one of these paragraphs here. All right, here we go as recently as November eighth, days after Trump's victory, White House Press Secretary Jean Pierre, we just played it for you ruled out of pardon. The elder Biden had public has publicly stood by his only living son as Hunter descended into serious drug addiction and through his family life into turmoil before getting back on track in recent years. Is he is he back on track? And recent years? I think a lot of people think he was doing blow at the White House and then stood it. Remember the Easter when he's on the balcony. Was that Easter the where he's on the balcony looking like he's absolutely tweaking. And I don't know what that is. And again I don't I don't begrudge Hunter for having an addiction. That's not what this is about. But I don't know. Here's what I When you know addicts, or when you've been around addicts, what do addicts do? They steal copper, They steal from friends and family. If you're talking about criminal stuff, right, I'm not using this to disparage I'm just pointing out the types of crimes they they they do these things to feed the addiction, and they are but because they're generally not able to function in a way where they can where they can make the there are obviously instances of this where they've got functional alcoholics and stuff. But for the most part, once you're really down that rabbit hole, man, the types of crimes you're committing, or the types of stuff you see on the streets of you know, San Francisco where it's ravaged with untreated addiction and in some cases embraced addiction, and you see those types of crimes. They don't concoct a twenty million dollar or whatever, twenty six million dollar I think was what the total between China, Kazakhstan and Ukraine, you know, to essentially create fake board seats with no show jobs. I mean, it's the it's the craziest and most intricate drug fueled addiction decision I've ever seen, even more so than those idiots who were stealing AC units off the top of one of the county jails here, right, Those are the types of crimes you commit. The elder Biden has stood by his son descended into serious drug addiction. The president's political rivals have lost. Hung used Hunter's myriad of mistakes as a political cudgel against his father in one hearing, even showing a picture of the President's half naked son in a CD hotel. Uh let's see here. Now, let me get to the paragraph because it's a doozyy. So they go through and they explain the gun charges and the timeline there and all that. So, ah, damn it, where is this? I just had to stop reading for a moment. Hunter Bidness said he was pleading guilty to that case, going back to the gun case to Spare's family more pain and embarrassment. After the gun trial aired salacious details about his struggles with a crack cocaine addiction. No no, no, no, no no. A laptop did right, That's what aired it, That's what put it out there.
Speaker 2: All these arguments had such bull crap anyway, because anybody who's been paying attention since the twenty twenty election, right when suddenly it was like, oh, the lap tub isn't real and it's all fair. It's a Russian disinformation. It's never been about the hookers or the cocaine or the guns. It's always relieved. What the main gist of the story is. The meat has been Biden using his son for political to right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the other stuff's entertainment tonight, right and then and then the news is the news.
Speaker 2: But when you have your son on a board or whatever in a country with China, Ukraine, whatever, it is like, Hey, if you give my son this amount of money and then I'll do this political favor for you. That that's the that's the issue here, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, getting to the bottom of that, which is is very very difficult after this in motivating people to want to do it. It doesn't look he can go ahead and give Hunter a federal pardon. That's fine, But I don't know that that negates the ability to investigate around him. I don't know why it would. You just know that you can't level charges for these particular dates. And and by the way, do I believe because somebody wrote me already this, Yeah, but it won't hold up. Yes it will. Yeah, that pardon is going to hold up. I don't Trump, just undo it. It's done. That's that's how we do that stuff. And you know what it is it a perfect thing. No, it's not. But I also don't think you need to change it. I think that there is a lot of power in what the president could do. And and and you don't always hear the stuff where they're able to right some wrongs. Barack Obama did some he when he did that list I'm not talking about when he's letting all the drug criminals out. Uh, and it was not just simple possession, guys. But you know, there are there are times when somebody who has that pardon power can use it to uh, you know, to essentially restore somebody's life who may have been wrongfully convicted, or who was convicted of something that we don't convict for anymore. Whatever the story is. And yes, there is favoritism to it, like is it Bill Clinton's cousin, got partner's brother or whatever, like, and a lot of it's a lot of it is inter party. So that's what brings me to Oh yeah, here we go. This is the paragraph I want to read the charges in this case. This is from Biden's statement. The charges in this case came only after several of my political opponents instigated them to attack me and oppose my election. No reasonable person looks at the facts of Hunter's case can reach any other conclusion than Hunter is singled out because he's me or is my son? What are you talking about? Like, there are facts of the case. They're clear. They're so clear that Biden's legal team said, yeah, he did do that. But here's why he shouldn't go to jail for it, and that's likely what would have happened. And what this reporter ignores when they start talking about the scope of this and this is the dereliction of duty. Here we go. The president's pardon covers not just the gun and tax offenses, but quote any offense against the US, which is which he has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period of January first, twenty fourteen to December one, twenty twenty four so yesterday. What is being left out of this is the why the deal was initially was rejected because they then go through it and they go, well, yeah, initially they had a deal, but a judge, a judge rejected the deal. Do you know why the judge rejected the deal? Do you remember because it included this sweeping scope of pardon. And the judge said, I've never seen anything like this. I've seen where you negotiate a plea deal and it covers the crimes or it covers associated crimes. Right, So like you broke one of the crimes is you robbed a store, right, but also maybe when you're in there you kicked one of the things over to show you men business and now you've robbed, but you've also you've committed property damage, like that's what this is about. But they wanted to include this, this, this blanket immunity for a decade or excuse me, eleven years, be eleven years. So that's why that thing was thrown out. And the reporter knows that and did not include that in there because it makes people go, well, that's weird. This thing that they tried to shoehorn into this plea deal is now literally in the pardon and it is that scope and it's not just these two things. The hell is going on here? Now here's the here's Oh and let me give you my favorite cope take on this thing. Are you ready for this ross? Do you know who else pardoned his son?
Speaker 2: You know who else?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Tell me.
Speaker 1: God? And if you were a good Christian you would understand that just as God pardon Jesus. This is by the way, don't call and yell at me. This is not my take, and I understand the flaws in the logic.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, for all of Jesus's many crimes, right, who can forget the uh? No uh or the oh no, no, that was maybe it was an Osha thing, like do we know that he had proper like gloves when he was doing the fish and the bread? Do we know? Well, maybe get to look into that. What are you talking about? The whole point, the whole I thought it was trolling. It's not because they were coming back defending their damn position. And then I saw somebody else basically say the same thing, and I'm just like, that's enough Twitter for today. You know, the point of you know, the point of the Jesus thing was there were no crimes to pardon. It's the only way it worked. This is like, there was a Catholic there's a Catholic news outlet of news magazine that over the weekend wrote some headline and it's like, not even Jesus was perfect. He only he he was only successful. He only successfully picked eleven of his twelve disciples. And that's This is a Catholic publication and it is penned by a member of the clergy. This article arguing that Jesus guessed eleven of twelve correct on the disciples. No, no, no, if you don't mind, father, as somebody was raised Catholic but also has eyeballs. He knew about the Judas thing. I don't know. In fact, he mentioned it. He went on the record to all the disciples. It's like, hey, one of you, when are you going.
Speaker 2: To do something right? He was like, this is my stone cold lock for the week.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, and you know what got paid? Uh Judas did with as you know. Anyway, all right, we'll be back hang on, just because I had a lot to get to there in the first hour. It is eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four unless they changed it while we were gone, and that is a possibility, but I think that one will work. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. The pardon story is wild for a thousand different reasons. One the way the media, what's really going to be instructional is watching the media cover it. How they're going to cover it, because again they were lied to. This isn't as as bad as the cognitive stuff, because there they absolutely knew they were being lied to. Here they could convince themselves they weren't, but they were lied to, but they still It still creates a scenario where this they kind of staked some of who they are on it, so it further damaged their credibility. So I'm gonna be curious if you see some of the reaction like you saw with Biden at the debate, where all of a sudden, you know, the jig is up and the media have to scramble and pretend that they were also wronged.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I can't believe they they were telling us he was fine. It's like, well, you you sit in a room with the dude, are you follow him around? You're the press gaggle. Hey, you were saying he was fine, So shut your face hole. In this case, I don't know how they're going to handle it, and it'll go a couple different ways. Some will fall in line I think that weisman over on MSNBC, and others will just be sitting there like, well, he had to because he's a good father and God pardoned Jesus, which again is the dumbest argument I've ever seen. It won it. The whole point of the Jesus thing, if I just dumb this down, for the whole point of the Jesus thing, is he didn't commit any crimes, which was an important part of the process. It's not like his dad was just like well, I got you know, I got kids. No, no, no, no, no, Like the whole thing was a thing. It was part of the plan, right, Even if you don't believe in Jesus, you can't sit there and God and all that stuff. That's fine. I mean, eventually you might want to, but you can't twist the story here, but I know you will. And the other one is does it we're we're within a few months. Are we going to be doing more of these? Ivanka had some merch printed in China? Lock her up? Are we gonna be doing those stories? Again? What's Don Junior up to? And they'll start freaking out? If Don what do you think would have had What do you think would happen if Don Junior? I don't know, And I think it's a federal crime, if pardon if Trump pardoned Don Junior on a parking ticket? What do you think the news cycle would have looked like? And now the question is will it look the same as how you predict it would have looked. That's going to be the real fun watch here. That's going to be the very interesting thing watching them contort themselves over the next month, trying to justify this in some way, shape or form not realizing that. And they do realize, but not admitting that. It makes it much more difficult to really dig into all that big guy stuff. I know you think that it doesn't because you're like, well, he's a different guy and you can still look at you have to charge hundred and you're absolutely correct. But motivating members of Congress, who a lot of times will take whatever the safer approaches, will be like, well they've been pardoned. Nothing I can do right. Expect that attitude. I'm sure from some of our elected officials. That's that's not a trick. And to say that Biden, which is the narrative currently, was reflective during his time over Thanksgiving vacation this weekend, and he thought about it. He said, yes, probably do this thing. Do you believe that? And and and then for people to go, well, well then why didn't he do it earlier? He didn't do it earlier because there was an election, you idiot. I mean what it just come to me if you need to know stuff.
Speaker 2: That's why it's surprising to me is that people's that are surprised by this. Yeah, and let's be this guy is such a you know, he's a moral guy, and he's got a good backbone.
Speaker 1: Know, he is cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's so corrupt. He's like, oh, why is he doing it? He's doing to cover his own ass, man, because he doesn't want to go to prison. But I don't think he'd go to prison, you know what I mean? Come on, but he doesn't.
Speaker 1: He doesn't. He don't want to. He don't want to spend the last moments of his life, which essentially, and this is not me picking on him, but he's of that age and how long these things take where likely that could encompass the rest of his years.
Speaker 2: And so it's the morning they're like, oh, it's going to ruin his legacy. No, his legacy is one of corruption, yeah.
Speaker 1: Or or just sheer hypocrisy right from the you know, the racial jungles and all that, you know, where he's on tape saying this stuff and we have to pretend it doesn't happen. The reason in partner earlier is because he had to wait till now. Now, let me throw the forty chess thing in you ready, Remember how happy he looked when Trump was there the other day. Remember that ever him just like a big old grid on his face. He there he had a spring in his step or his body double. One of them did, one of them did? And what if what if they talked about this? What if they talked about it? Because you know, there were people telling Trump that if he got elected, he should he should pardon Biden because of the same thing, where like Nixon was pardon because it just it It brings the clothes to a chapter of America where people were fighting and now we can move on, right, That's the reasoning for it. So they would sit there and say, ah, you know what Trump should do that. Well, maybe they sat there and Trump said, Hey, how about this, You go and pardon your kid. Yeah, I'm gonna act out age two. Don't worry, but they can't do anything to you and I. And then when I get in office, I'm gonna blanket pardon everybody around me. I remember, because they were worried that Trump was going to blanket pardon his family, himself or some of the staff members. That was the big thing after Trump after the election, but before inauguration, they thought in that window that Trump was going to go on a pardon spree, which is generally when the pardons happened at the end of terms. But uh, it was basically going to be to render his whole family untouchable, and that was do you remember that dominated the news cycle for weeks and it was pure speculation. So maybe the deal is Trump's like, now, you go ahead and do that. I'm gonna do mine, and then they'll let the media sort it out if they want to be a bunch of hypocrites. High five. Just a theory. I don't know. Let's see what you think, David, what's up, Good morning morning.
Speaker 7: I've got two things. The number one is the free had Jesus not been perfect on the cross, all of the sins of the world has not been forgiven, and we're all doomed to hell.
Speaker 1: Okay, people, I got people now trying to bring up the whole money changer temple incident.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, no, no, Look, don't don't allow people to make money in church.
Speaker 1: They're joking, they're joking, they're half joking, but no, the whole, the whole premise is dumb, sir, Right, what's your other point?
Speaker 7: My other one is, how can you give a blanket for so many years? I don't, I don't understand it. I know that if you were charged, I'm charged with by bank robbery. They can't turn around and say I'm gonna, I'm gonna When you were before the bank robbery, you shot somebody and killed them to death, and after the bank robbery you did this. So what we're going to do is blanket this bank.
Speaker 1: In those in those incidents, sir, they could pardon you on those things because those are known incidents. The trick here is what's encompassed in those eleven years is not the not just the tax charge and the gun charge, which we know when he was about to be sentenced done. It's all the stuff we don't know that now has a harder time coming to fruition. That's why this is so insidious.
Speaker 7: Absolutely absolutely, But Biden is just as guilty as Hunter, are you, But.
Speaker 1: Well maybe he might be. He might be the big guy, right, absolutely, God yeah, uh, David, it's it's it's absolutely nuts, And thanks for the call. People are gonna be carrying water over this all day. Some will act initially offended and then it'll go you won't hear about it after a few days. And it's it's it's a term I like to use. It is a scum baggery of the highest level. But also if you believe that Biden basically knee at his own party because they pushed him out, and a lot of people do with the whole timeline of Kamala Ross, do you believe that. I believe that now I believe, maybe not to the extent that we've joked about on here, but I think he went and he put Kamala up there as an f you I'm going to control something even though you're pushing me on.
Speaker 2: And goes back to my statement, right, he has a legacy of corruption, but that the red One of the reasons for that is he's been in politics his entire life. He's a political animal. So you're not just gonna roll over and take that. It's it's an ego thing.
Speaker 1: No, they try to load him on that boat to go fishing on Lake Tahoe, and and that's right. We got a Godfather reference in and it's so only Monday he So do I believe then where he just goes, you know what, f all of you, I'm just gonna pardon my kid. What are you gonna do about it? Maybe?
Speaker 2: I mean he said, is some Frank Underwood type stuff, and the kind of stuff that he would do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he wouldn't like push a woman in front of a train, would he.
Speaker 2: I mean he took the train to work every day with a brown paper bag lunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've heard that story. What are you talking about, Joe Biden Man taking the train? Yeah, even No, No, it was worse. It was better than that.
Speaker 1: He was able to take trains that didn't exist, right, his magic It's like the Hogwarts Express, right, that's the name of the train. Yeah, yeah, that one. Yeah, he he was bragging about taking trains that don't exist, and then they were being driven by conductors who were dead by then. Oh my gosh, he got on a ghost train. He got in large marges but truck. But in this case of train, no joke. Oh man terrified. Really as a kid, it was terrifying. I couldn't that scene. Man, Yes, Jamal, Well, Jamal probably has no problem with us. Go ahead, Jamal tell us about how.
Speaker 8: Happy welcome back? Well, come back.
Speaker 1: You know a beach. I was sitting on a beach holding a half coconut with plenty of liquor in it, and it was about eighty eight degrees two days ago. You're sitting here in front of a microphone at h oh dark thirty. So yeah, anyway, go ahead, casey.
Speaker 8: Who in the world is surprised? Number One, the media people say, well, the media was office gonna be caught by shock. Number one, the media knew for a fact he was gonna do it, because you had people saying Sonny Hauston said it on the Vway because you got pinch you played the clip Sonny Houston had said Joe Biden should pardon his son because Donald Trump got a pardon from the election, because as you said, he does he hate the American people that much. They still mad Donald Trump won and got the popular vote, so they do have animoxity for on American people. Does Joe Biden hate the Democrat Party for what they did? Tom Oh, you know I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Be, but let me yeah, yeah, let me clarify something. The one other theory that I threw out is let's say Joe Biden isn't the big guy, had nothing to do with it. He's just a dupe whose kids around used his name to go ahead and do stuff. So it could just be something as simple as you know what I I busted my butt for sixty years up here in d C. And then he pushed me on an office I'm gonna do. I'm gonna look out for number Numero uno and then Numero dos too, And it was a very selfish personal decision, like that's a possibility. That's a possibility.
Speaker 8: Do you know why k that? You know why K see that theory doesn't go because everybody knew Joe Biden was in bed with the credit card people. Joe Biden wi was taking money from the credit card people.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Jamal, just because I have limited time and I'm I'll let you get a sh other point. That's not my argument. I'm saying that one of the things I do on this show is I'm gonna give you all the different versions. Some of them are crazy, like the Goods Train, but uh, we're having fun. But no, I want those are all serious what ifs. And the reason you put those out there is because it's gonna I want to know where the media is going to go. And I think that could be a possibility if somebody just doesn't want to do the hand ringing things. So what was the what was the rest of the point?
Speaker 8: And one more cram and hunt about him in the cheese bo and a lot of people don't know remember all those videos he did when he will go on his crack was and he was traveling different states back and forth with something. They said he had under age girls with him.
Speaker 1: Well it wouldn't matter, it wouldn't be there if he had underage girls.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: In a lot it is illegal to transport somebody for the purpose of sex, even if they're o for prostitutions, so they don't really charge people with that when it's adults. They just charged with the prostitution. But like it comes down to is as we saw with Trump, anyone who wants to can go ahead and get a ham sandwich indicted, so that you know, maybe that's the skull there, But I don't believe that, not for eleven years. Eleven years we'll probably dealing with the money and praising that Trump ought to pardon every single one of the ja sicky.
Speaker 8: You know, Originally a lot of people were playing well he shouldn't pardon people who were who was there violently, who had But no, every last one of their need to be pardoned, every last.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no no, hold on, not every last Jayson, I'm going to disagree with you, not every like, because there were people who were committing violence and who had been convicted of it, and I have no problem with them being convicted. If you're out there beating police with a flagpole and you were convicted of that and you weren't a fed who got away with it, then I think. But I'm talking about people who are like those women, like some of these women who wandered in in that group that's in that video, like they're on a tour of the Capitol because the door was open. I'm with you there, Jamal, I got to go. I got them up against the clock here, but I appreciate it. Uh and uh you your blood blood print? Did you eat a did you eat? Did you eat way too much this weekend? At least?
Speaker 8: Oh? I cooked turkey and ham on.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 8: I cooked turkey and ham on the grill, So I cooked healthy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, well that's that's I don't think that's what that means. But okay, Also that was Ross. That was very nice. Just really Ross has six turkey sandwiches. Well you brought some for everybody? Huh, yes, I'm sorry, these are mine. You can eat six leftover turkey six six giant heaping looked like something you'd get at New York Deli with with the leftover turkey. Ross's passion is leftover turkey sandwiches. And then if I steal the sandwiches, then I could get Trevor to pardon me. And there's not a damn thing you could do about it. All right, you want one other wrinkle in the theory, and this is the four D plus four D. Now in the waning days of this, Biden resigns Kamala's in she pardons him. The show would be off the chain. Hang on, I've ever seen somebody who's the only guy who can run on snow out of twenty twenty two individuals on a football field, like he's running on I don't know, concrete in the middle of summer. Man, that was a crazy I know you didn't watch it because Ross doesn't watch it, but dude, that thing was a doozy last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I might have cheated, you might have watched some of the game.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad because frankly, that was an I couldn't not well. I was watching the whole thing and it's not even my team. And you know what got me is Collinsworth or one of them said something early in the game and I think I texted this to you and they're just like, well, you know, regardless of whether Josh Allen how's a good night, you have to understand he's not having to deal with oh so today where it's just like, can you just shut up? And then like a second later, Alan's like, I don't know if he's listening. I mean, I know he's not, but he's like, oh really you thin like that? And then he's he propels himself like eight feet forward through six dudes and then gets his finger like he broke it, and then proceeds to throw himself a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's their meme with collins Worth, you know, where he's like he always brings everything. It's sort of like Joe Rogan, everything goes back to d MT or whatever and ayahuasca or however you say it. Yeah, there's the one with the collins Worth where he brings everything back to Mahomes and Kelsey.
Speaker 1: Yeah that on that went back on that he's just like, you know, after it and he did that comparison to Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, yeah, on that lateral play, right, yes, and let He's like, you know, this is the kind of stuff you see from Mahomes and Kelsey all what are you doing? Really?
Speaker 1: How many how many catches did Kelsey have in uh not this week but the the other day?
Speaker 2: Well remember that with this Bill's team, what's important to remember is this is a rebuilding year.
Speaker 1: So well, you guys are building that stadium. Maybe that's what they meant. So I and the other thing they wouldn't shut up about. I just thought was funny is they brought it up like ten times, so maybe you did hear it where they just they couldn't fathom that it was snowing at the stadium but not in downtown.
Speaker 2: Buffalo, right and lakefront snow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like do you guys not wellne, the snow has got to end somewhere first. But two, what Ross just said, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Portard Park is quite a ways away from from downtown Buffalo, is right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's quite a bit south. What is it like twenty twenty miles?
Speaker 2: It's like fourteen miles.
Speaker 1: Fourteen miles okay, but you know, fourteen miles it gets you out there. And and to Ross's point, also the lake erie has some effect on this. And uh, you know, like lake effects snow is crazy if you've ever lived around it. Like I told you about the time I was in Michigan, I had to drive to Chicago. It's sonny in Michigan. It's sonny in Chicago. It's cold. I stayed under an underpass in in northern Indiana for three hours because the snow got so heavy. It's like there's like ten of us under this underpass waiting for a plow to come by. And then I get Chicago. There's no snow. So yeah, yeah, I can't believe it did that, but no, so I the way, this is how the stat line works, which I did not know. So Alan threw to who he threw to Cooper? Right, it was Mark Cooper. I think it was Mark Cooper. So he does a little shuttle pass to a Mark Cooper, and Cooper is immediately met by you know, three forty nine or defenders. He's dead to this world. He then flips the ball back to Josh who goes in for the touchdown. And because it was a pass and it was a pass and he was still behind the line of scrimmage, somebody explained this online to me and then he scored the touchdown. On the stat line, he is the guy who threw the touchdown to himself, which has been done four times or three other times only.
Speaker 2: He did the mister a Perfect thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, he did.
Speaker 2: Remember the old video mister Perfect where he threw the football to himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well that's why that whole that's the YouTube channel, dude perfect, right where they do the where they where they do the basketball shots off the roof and stuff where they you know, did a thousand takes. People think a lot of that's photoshop. It's not. They just threw it a thousand times. But yeah, it all goes back and after.
Speaker 2: Last night, Josh is now the franchise leader in touchdowns all time. He surpassed Jim Kelly by two. Yeah. Now Jim Kelly had that record in one hundred and sixty games. Josh got the record in one hundred and six games.
Speaker 1: Is that good?
Speaker 2: And he's twenty nine. So at the end of it, you know, if he stays healthy, the record is going to be ridiculous obliterated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he doesn't stay healthy, he just plays injured man. So but yeah, no, but the whole game And here's the thing, here's the big divide. I'm not even hacking on the forty nine ers. I don't mind the forty nine ers. I love watching McCaffrey. That dude is so incredible. What he's healthy too. But McCaffrey, especially when he's got personnel around him, is one of the most dynamic players in the NFL. For all you Panthers fans, like, I get it, how sad you were when he was Maybe you weren't, I don't know, But like, I enjoy watching that and I love the story of mister irrelevant quarterbacking that team. Okay, but we meet in the playoffs. I want to destroy him with my team. That being said, the thing that was crystal clear from the moment that game started, even before we knew what direction it was going. And remember the forty nine ers drow they they had momentum right at the beginning of the game. One team looked like they were This is my analogy. It's it's it's a beautiful Saturday morning. You wake up, you look outside and there is a foot of fresh snow, and you're ten How excited are you? That was the best man going out and playing in that snow, and I was, oh, you loved it. Who's not excited? Your dad or you know, whoever's got to shovel it? And it looked like the Bills were the ten year old and the forty nine ers were the poor dad. He's got to go out with the shovel and the blower and cry, you know, not break his back, yes.
Speaker 2: And to prove what you're saying. So that in that play where he gets the latter from Amari Cooper and he, like Superman, dives into the end zone. There's a picture that was taking They freeze it if you zoom in. Unto Josh Smilen's big old smile. Gren, Yeah, I saw a smile when he came up. He was just grit and ear to ear. And then there's the other dude who did the slipping slide in the end zone. It wasn't Cook Ray Davis. Yeah, Ray Davis too. They just kids out there having fun. And it says something about sports too. It doesn't matter whether it's footballing, snow or any of the rest. Like when you're having fun and you're in that zone, you know, this is Jordan's sing. He talked about it in a big documentary He's like, once you get in that zone and you get your head right there, like nothing compromises.
Speaker 1: And you know, once you get you get that in there. And now they're doing slipping slides, they're having fun, they're they're they're goofing around. Meanwhile, the forty nine ers looked miserable, and not just because they were losing. They looked miserable because what you may not have seen is what kept happening on the line. So the lineman would line up and then you know, to do their thing, and inevitably, like every few plays, one of them just fall on his face, and whoever he was up blocking against would kind of stand there feeling bad for the other guy because he knew he was going to fall in a few minutes. And and and I they didn't look like they were having fun. And then the momentum just carried in the direction that it did. So all right, I'm glad you snuck a peek and doomed your season, but yeah, it was worth it. It was a it was a very good game. My team tried to It made me so angry that I literally went another realman in my kitchen was doing stuff and I had it on in the in the other room early on because it was it was not going well.
Speaker 2: So you did what I always do. You're like, I'm just gonna walk away and ignore it.
Speaker 1: I didn't ignore it. I just didn't. If I didn't look at it, it would be better, say you could hear the teasing you're coming around exactly. I don't work. I would be I had to do big shopping because I was gone, and yeah, so I had stuff to do. I was very busy, very busy, all right. Seven forty three CaCO Day Radio program phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seventy four. Uh one more quick call Janet.
Speaker 3: What's up, hey, Casey. I'm just sitting here. Listen. Do you talk about the January sixth thing. Don't get me wrong. Ordinarily I would be one thousand percent in your corner with's your point of view. But you know, we also have to remember whether they were duped or not. Those officers were participating in a plot to take revenge on a president and American citizens as many as they could get A and B. At least one of those officers was a cold blooter killer that didn't have to answer the first question.
Speaker 1: See here's what you're getting into the individuals stuff, and I understand that in every case should be looked at individually. I was pushing back on the idea that nobody who was convicted of a crime surrounding January sixth actually committed one, which I don't believe. You believe that there were people who created what are actual crimes. You can argue they're over sentenced, as I would, but you can't.
Speaker 3: Yes, I only answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if they had just charged like eight people after that where there was video of them physically assaulting like we wouldn't be including.
Speaker 3: The officer that killed a woman for no reason and didn't the answer one question for it, Well.
Speaker 1: Not publicly anyway. But yeah, here's the that's again, that's an individualized incident, and that is an investigation that normally plays out. We watch them when an officer in Raleigh or Greensboro or wherever it discharges a weapon right paid administrative leave, and then there's a process and generally it's a process nowadays where a lot of information was released, and you're right, in this case, a lot of it wasn't. So if you wanted to have a very pubblic like rendering and discussion of what transpired there. With all the videos and experts that we get with an officer involved shooting, I'm willing to have that. I think that would be fair because then it's open do process and people can try to make their mind up. But you're right, that is problematic.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think that would not just be fair. I think that that is Actually it's something that's required at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's more unfair Janet last has six leftover turkey sandwiches and he's not sharing what Yeah, yeah, so you've got me junk and it can't be Ross Hayes, who who's now a sheriff of the world.
Speaker 2: Now, to be fair, listen, these are and I know my rights.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, but you brought right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but I brought them to tease him, So yeah.
Speaker 1: You have to understand behind I was planning on planting a flag in his studio. So the because over the weekend, whenever somebody did that at a football stadium, a giant melee ensued. So including the.
Speaker 3: State care or what kind of flag, what kind of flights apport him? Or or dogman?
Speaker 1: No, I will I have an extra the former Kingdom of Benin which is a former British colony. They have a flag with a dude decapitating another dude. I just happened to have one, so I thought that would be good to a subdominance.
Speaker 3: So yeah, to get into capitated, you got to plant that.
Speaker 1: Oh you got to go go try. This is a real flag, by it's a real thing that used to be a country that this was their flag or a British protectorate. I guess all right, Janet, I got a banks for the and if you want to see what that thinking, it's Benin is b e n I n Kingdom of Benin? Check that flat. It's a real flag. And I tweeted out a picture of that flag threatening to plant it in Ross's studio. So anyway, raced agic and I don't know who do we got? Today's it?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Yes, he returns. I'm doing well. How are you coming off your big win on Thursday? And yeah, big win Thursday, big loss Saturday?
Speaker 2: Turn it around.
Speaker 5: You know Jerry Jones still thinks he's in it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know the Clemson conspiracy, right, you guys are part of a conspiracy. The a CC can probably where they crowned Clemson to the UH as the ACC Coastal Division champs. And because they sent out like a graphic which had Clemson already in that that so it's all rigged anyway, was rigged too, Yeah, yeah, right, somebody they were just gonna screw it the thermostat and then all of a sudden, it's blow freezing.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean we you know, were the switch and you know where it was freezing on the beautiful beach in the Pacific Ocean where I was drinking out of a coconut. So well, some of us can do that, some of us far away to escape you anyway, Yeah, let's turn this franchise around and make it less blow zero.
Speaker 5: We might blow you anyway, Yeah, I believe it or not's gonna get colder. A lot of twenties around this morning, let's just say mid upper twenties for the most far from the TRYA of the triangle. If you get into southern southwest Virginia, there are some teens around, But the next couple of days going to get colder. Mid forties today, low twenties tonight. Maybe some teens getting close, especially just west of Winston Salem. As you get into the mountains and then sunshine tomorrow a little bit forties again. I think the coldest morning is going to be Wednesday morning, pretty close to it, where we'll have low twenties and upper teens around, and then sunny conditions on Wednesday midnumber forties. Returning could get closer to sixty mid number fifties on Thursday, mostly sunny. Then another cold front will come in and the summer be back of the chillier temperatures by late in the week. So don't get used to anything that gets anything about fifty degrees because it won't last most of this week. We're in the forties.
Speaker 1: You just want to say the snow word.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, what's up you just well, I mean maybe as the colderrera comes in tonight some florries and some of us may see florries or snow showers. There's like a two or three hour window just after midnight where we might get some precips. Just uh, you know that would be too concerned.
Speaker 1: Give me right right at the right in the window at the time when normally, I don't know, early morning radio hosts are driving in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's about the time.
Speaker 1: That's about the time, all right, thanks for that. Get out of here. We'll talk to you in an hour. Thanks sir. Seven forty nine hang on, and actually, you know, I just leave the clock. We got a couple of minutes, all right. So Ross sends this to me, You don't think that game's going to do well? Is that what I'm to understand based on these lunatics that are that are literally putting these games together? Right, So so that that's number one, but number two and this is this is from the Gawker crew. Okay, and like that's over the pronouns and evil white people and all that stuff. But the the Gawker crew, which didn't just own Goker. They had all these different side It's including Jalopnik or how are we're saying it's their car site. I had a doozy of a headline if I could, BUCkies is the sickness at the heart of America. What did they do to you, sir, over at BUCkies that you would write a headline that BUCkies is the sickness of the heart of America? Is this is maximum pro Hall of Fame East Coast Ego. I mean, you know, you know what I'm saying. It's just that snotty Northeast attitude, which isn't fair to apply to everyone in the Northeast, but mostly people from Boston and New York, especially Boston. Right, you know what it is? It reminds me of who was it who said that they could smell people at Walmart? Try to remember who that was with, somebody in the in the Biden administration or not Biden administration, but on the Democrat politics. It doesn't matter. The point is, like you hear, You're just like, oh, I know how you feel. This article smacks of that the United States might not have kinds of pre Christian megastructure buildings that exist in nearly every corner. Blah blah blah. No, we aren't living among the gorgeous marble altars to a pantheon of gods. This thing's over the top from the word go. By the way, I'm currently writing this from the passenger seat of a road trip across this ft up nation. So this, this is the person who's still trying to figure out how to cope with what happened here about a month ago, and he's decided to take his anger out on BUCkies. That's right, he's They stopped at a BUCkies and he can't deal. You know why, because like a lot of things in America, it's big, it's it's not messy.
Speaker 2: Well, it's definitely not. Because he couldn't find a place to get gas, like a pump with you know, Oh my god, I'm anger at this place because the pump isn't available.
Speaker 1: It's not just a pump. It's a pump with some of the highest pressure. It fills your tank in a minute.
Speaker 2: We just set up our BUCkies Christmas inflatable on a Friday.
Speaker 1: Grab yourself.
Speaker 2: We replaced our BUCkies Thanksgiving inflatable for our Christmas inflatable.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The only thing Ross has more of than leftover turkey sandwiches are BUCkies inflatables. All right, there's there's a couple of paragraphs I gotta read you. This guy is so upset, he's he is physically ill because he could buy a machete, a fish finder, and some beaver nuggets in the same place.
Speaker 2: I just beaver nuggets are so good.
Speaker 1: Let's see, I was reading his BUCkies article. This sing's insane. We got a lot to get to, including something that's gonna make you not happy. And I'm sure some of you are not happy already because now you go back to work today and you had some time off with the Thanksgiving holiday, and so you're already like, d what am I doing?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: And I hate to pile this on. It's not just the Biden pardon thing, which it's very interesting. There's there's a lot of people who who have seen, you know, analysis on this. And here's what I would say when it comes to the legal ramifications, especially all of you sending me the Fifth Amendment stuff. The straight answer is I watched a couple of lawyers who are this constitutional and government legal study is what they do, and even they're not clear on how that would work. So the scenario is, like, could hunter Biden because remember this parton isn't just for the two things he was going to be sentenced to here in a couple of weeks, it's for eleven years of his life, okay, And so you know I saw people making the argument, well, now he can't hide behind the Fifth Amendment. Well maybe and maybe he can, because from a legal standpoint, putting somebody up to answer for something where there's no legal ramifications I is apparently at the federal level kind of an interesting thing. And I don't know that there's a straight answer. I'm very curious too, though, so we'll obviously continue to cover this. Meanwhile, over at Goker, they're mad at BUCkies. Although it's weird because the guy says he likes BUCkies kind of, I don't know, But then he writes this whole article about how it's the let me read the headline. It is the sickness at the heart of America. What the hell is that? The sickness at the heart of America. And it's because BUCkies is a symbol, and it's a symbol of how horrible we are. And so you have that mindset that America sucks and everybody's fat. There's a lot of fat people. You're wrong there, but you know, you know, and they'll do things. They'll be like, yeah, you see all these fat people in the United States. And then they'll put up a chart and they'll be like, look at the and the chart isn't just like Norway, right. I saw charts that included countries that are third world countries where there might be another reason everyone's not fat. But I'll let you do the research.
Speaker 3: But you know that.
Speaker 1: Mindset that some people have, they just they don't like it. Al we suck here. He's probably but heart over what happened with Trump a month ago. Like so this is you got to take the anger out somewhere. And so you see in your own distaste for largely what allows you to do this job. Right, you want to go to Angola with Biden. That's where he I think he's headed Angola here in a couple of days, and go over there and start your autoblog. Let me know how that goes. I'm not picking on Angola. I'm just pointing this out. The US offers the ability to write this garbage and make a living off of it. And here I am promoting it a little. I'm writing this as part of a passage from a passenger seat on a road trip across his e ft up nation. In addition to our amber waves of grain, this is sarcastic, by the way, amber waves of grain and purple mountains, majesty America is pock marked by the occasional rival of bucktooth Bastard's concrete haven. Can't help it. He was born that way man. Also, he's not real, So there's that. Come inside beckons the buck. Whatever you desire sugary drinks, a cone of candied nuts molasses, sweet pig meat, gets the beaver nuggets, whatever the f that is, never mind what might be inside? Would you like a machete or a fish finder? How about both? Okay? I added the how about both because I do I can always use more machetes and fish finders. This country is a bizarre place to live, and BUCkies is a microcosm of our American existence. The combination gas station grocery store way of life is a mirror that we have erected to show ourselves or or are you ready for this? It's a capitalistic endeavor hoping to best its rivals.
Speaker 2: This guy's nuts. So we like watching these these like YouTube videos where you have people from Britain or you know, the UK, Ireland, right they come over.
Speaker 1: I saw this video the three dudes we went to Texas.
Speaker 2: We love watching these things. Dudes. Yeah exactly, yeah, yeah yeah, And like they stop and one thing you notice with all these toys, they can't comprehend They love it. Like they're just in front of him and they're like, this is the most amazing American thing I've ever seen. There's like a thousand gas pumps. There's so much food. They try the brisket. It's the greatest food they've ever had, right, because they're from England and we have you know, they're not really known for their food. So this guy writing this article is so just insufferable.
Speaker 1: And you know, here's the thing to capital cap that point. They were capitalized on that when I was in Ireland, and I remember I told you that a conversation I had with the people from Wales. Don't say they don't say they're English, they're Welsh. It was just a nice older couple and he's running around. He's running around in heavy sweaters and it's hot as helly because he's got English military tattoos because he fought in the Irish thing. So like anyway, the thing that he and then there was another group they were around that they wouldn't shut up about is when they went they had gone as a group of like eight of them to visit the Rocky Mountains and they went to Denver, and of all the things to tell me about the mountains, obviously, yeah, it's just visually stunning. The thing they wouldn't shut up about is how wide our roads are and travel plausas right, they can't comprehend it. Yeah, so like flying the Flying Jay. There's a huge one north of Denver. I knew which one they were talking about, and I'm like, yeah, that's things. That thing's crazy, and that's you're staring at. You're staring at the Rocky Mountains, right, one.
Speaker 2: Of God's greatest creations, right, just and you're like, still.
Speaker 1: Look this flying Jay. This was amazing, It's great.
Speaker 2: You know, this is one of the things where every time we talk about it, because we've talked about BUCkies on the show for a while now, Yeah, and it's obviously converting about a big fan. Yeah. I can't tell you how many listeners have sent me messages and emails and direct messages and they try BUCkies for the first time after hearing us talk about it in the show, and every single one of them have the same reaction.
Speaker 1: You weren't lying. Where's the h's the where's the closest? I mean, this is and this is the reason they're coming. Is you hear the wa wi ads were running, right, They got some of them open. I think the one at Wilson's open already and they're getting in there and BUCkies is coming in and like and everyone's trying to do it a little different and a little better, and this is what this guy can't comprehend. And so what did BUCkies do? They went, huh, how about we make it so crazy you stop, which is not something BUCkies thought up. Right, We're going to point to page rugs.
Speaker 2: Right, We're gonna have the Disney word, the ball or.
Speaker 1: Wall drug you ever driven across South Dakota. BUCkies just decided to cap franchise it, I guess. So they go to BUCkies and they're like, oh my gosh, how many times have you been on a road trip before in the past? And you're like, I really have to go to the bathroom, but I don't want to stop at that location there because I might die. And I don't want to die in that bathroom stall because that's embarrassing and it would let my family down. And it's just I don't want. But then you come across BUCkies and you're like, it's like, oh, like angels and stuff. You're like, I can go here, spend about thirty forty minutes, dropped MEB two hundred dollars, and also go to the bathroom. It's fantastic. Get six inflatables reds and yeah, no, there's a gas station. I'm not gonna say which one it is, but there is a gas station between Greensboro and Raleigh. When I was doing the Greensboro broadcast here what a month ago. So I'm driving back and I do the thing. And here's the deal. I want to stop at that sheets by the outlet stores. But it's a zoo. It's a zoo, and and and yet I'll still go there because I think it's going to be better than some of the others. I pulled in there out of gas. They had all the pumps wrapped. I don't know. Then you get their delivery whatever. So I had to get back on the highway and I went I won't tell you how many exits because that would nail it. And I went to one and it's a gas station. It's got a one of those fast food hybrids in it where it's two different things. And I went into the bathroom stall and the doors ripped off. It's still there, it's ripped off, and I just I just went nope, and uh.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no no. So we were traveling to Louisiana last year for Christmas.
Speaker 1: It's covered in poop too. The door.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, sorry, no, no, no, maybe no, but this was this was an Alabama and we stopped. There was a rest stop in Alabama, and I walked in there with Lincoln. You know, he needs help and I am here to help him out. I'm walking in with the bathroom and he had to go number two. And we walked right in in the center stall. There were three stalls. One had a door in the left, the two did not have doors. There were two guys currently doing their business and it looked like the oh my like spray painted like and Lincoln like literally looked at it and went no, no, no, and we just walked right out.
Speaker 1: We woked out and we found a.
Speaker 2: Different place to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So like, I'm sorry that people like that, and then you know they want to throw everything around it. But this is not again, this is not a new thing. This is a this is a damn, this is a it's it's a novelty thing that is this is root sixty.
Speaker 2: It's American as can be.
Speaker 1: How many of you, I don't care how old you are listening to this. I don't care if your childhood travels were via carriage. They had stuff that people were put along those routes that were traveled to get people to stop. It could be a giant ball of yarn. It could be the wall drug thing. It could be a corn palace in Mitchell, South Dakota for some reason. Or it could be a Bucky's. And now you're making money. Good. Good. It's the highway equivalent. I'm going back to the article. It's the highway equivalent of junk food almost certainly shouldn't exist. Shut up, and we are worse as a culture for having it. It is, but it flips the right switches in our brains. It's truly junk that shouldn't be great, but the rot at the core of America that makes us who we are. BUCkies, bass pro shops, Pyramid and ordering stuff you'll throw away in a month from Timu. These are the gods of America. Blah blah blah. Anyway, so there you go.
Speaker 2: Something tells me this author probably was not happy with the the election results. Yeah, I have a feeling in my gut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, look at you just yeah you don't know that for a fact. Yes, yeah, you're probably right, so one hundred percent. All right, let me grab a call here yes, Donna, what's up.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Casey, welcome back. I just want you to know that I'm very happy that Ross is not sharing his tricky sandwiches with you because you keep dissing Boston and it's unwarranted.
Speaker 1: Boston too, so in a way you well, not as.
Speaker 6: Much as you do. And I think that writer in fact is from Las Vegas anyway, He's not from Boston. And well, in addition, it was Peter Strock, who uh some supporter smell like Walmart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's just that's the vibes, that's the vibe I was getting there.
Speaker 2: And I think Donna is lovely and I just sent her out a turkey leftover turkey sandwich in the mail.
Speaker 8: And my mom too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but he said it three day So does that mean he hey man, stuff, stuff's expensive.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: You guys clinched the a f C East or did you lose?
Speaker 6: We're not discussing that today. Yeah, we're not discussing that.
Speaker 1: So that's good. Maybe you got Yeah, could you see if they're still mathematically eligible for the a f C East. We checktually if Patriots are still in the running.
Speaker 2: I will say this, I think when it comes to the other competition in the a f C East, I think the quarterback the Patriots currently have is going to give is the biggest threat for the Bills.
Speaker 6: Yes, since the bag of milk is gone, we're we're gonna be doing all right.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: Hey, word on BUCkies, Yeah, quick, word on BUCkies. There is one who's driven across the United States twice on Route well Root forty, which is sixty six one side by side. Those truck stops are life savers. Yeah, when you're when you're when you've driven nine hours or whatever and you need to stretch your legs, you want to you know, and you don't want gas station slushy those places. I don't think people.
Speaker 1: Realize how big this country is when you're driving us. When I used to drive to Denver, I would go, there's and by the way, the road is blocked off. In fact, I shouldn't say this because I have liability. There used to be a secondary highway that come out in Rallins and they just one day they just closed that highway and said use the main interstate. And but they just they didn't really close it too much because there's a lot of ranchers that that's how they access it. So I'd still drive you to have the whole road to yourself, could do whatever you want. The only thing in one hundred and thirty miles is two giant truck stops. And in fact, between Gillette and Buffalo there's ninety miles where you couldn't get fueled. They didn't even have a truck stop out there, and they would have signs selling tourists in Gillette you better get gas, and now gas they get out of gas. Between Buffalo and Gellett, I'd see them all the time. We're gonna, We're gonna seriously do a rapid fire here in the last thirty minutes. Just a bunch of other stuff. Okay, some of it's goofy, some of it's not. Some of it's we'll make you very mad, like this explanation from a county commissioner in Mitchell County out in western North Carolina, explaining why they wouldn't let those amish built tiny homes be a solution for people who have been displaced, right because you know, for a lot of people, it doesn't make any sense. We when we talked to Cassie, she was talking about floodplains for some of this stuff, but it's it's more than just that. And and this commissioner, this Harley Masters, has had enough of you questioning her. I want to hear. I want you to hear how tone deaf this is. And then the last paragraph is going to send you to the moon. Are you ready? Several weeks ago I read that part people have spread lies about our low DSS taking children in the aftermath of Fellene. A number of people missing from Mitchell County. How do you, ma'am? And I mean this seriously, not just you, How the hell do you claim to know the total number of people dead or missing? You know there's people who are still missing, like missing missing that are probably dead straight up. So you know the audacity to sit there and go no, no, no, we counted everybody already shut up, And you couldn't have. And I don't expect you to be able to because of all of this as a single individual in one county. But that's not why I'm mad at her. All right now, the new lie is is that Mitchell County has kicked people out of homes built by Amish volunteers. None of these things are accurate, Okay, all right, that's a pretty definitive statement, all right, So it's not that it didn't happen, but she kept writing, So that's weird. Let's see what she kept writing. All counties are required by state and federal law to enforce North Carolina building codes. Tiny homes that meet these codes, set to protect Carolina North Carolina citizens from shoddy or unsafe workmanship, are welcome in Mitchell County because, let me tell you, if there's one thing that I know about Amish craftsmanship, it's you know, the daily news stories were inundated of Amish families being crushed to death by the structures they erect crashing in on them. Constant problem. You absolute lunatic. Anyway, they are not banned. Several nonprofits and of course licensed contractors are in Mitchell County building and rebuilding homes. The Mitchell County Building Inspector has not kicked anyone out of their tiny home. They've simply not allowed them to be occupied. So you wrote none of these things are accurate saying that they've kicked people out, And the reason you say it's not accurate is because they were never allowed to occupy it in the first place, or they obviously were because some people were in one of them that were being interviewed, but they had not gotten their license from you, the government person. Do you hear yourself. Do you hear yourself telling a person whose home is gone that they can have a tent on their property because you can't do anything about that, But they can't have an amish built tiny home because they didn't meet your government checkbox. A government, by the way, who discarded their own rules to rush a vaccine because it was an emergency. And by the way, I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing that government would put aside bureaucracy if there is an emergency, we can debate what is or isn't or is a good idea of it. But for you to sit there as an elected official, ma'am and go, well, now, they weren't allowed to occupy, so that's different because we wouldn't give them an occupancy permit, the specter wouldn't pass it. And then sorry, I know it's gonna do a rapid fire. I'm gonna read this whole damn thing, this last paragraph, after that complete mental disconnect that was her previous three this is a doozy. Instead of taking my Sunday and enjoying a much needed day of rest with my family. Instead, I'm being harassed with insane amounts of phone calls and emails. Social media influencers don't care about facts. Please don't be the local followers who fall for this game. Whatever the reason or motivation, Well, the local people don't have to fall for it because they probably see what's going on around them. So you just admitted that you, as an elected official, don't think that legally people should be able to occupy those homes, even if it's for a short period. I would understand if if your position was in you know, in the interim, they're fine, but eventually we're going to hit a point where they're going to have to meet building codes and then we'll figure it out from there. And you're telling people have been offered either a tent to find relatives who may themselves be devastated, or to get a motel voucher, which, by the way, I do not begrudge hotel motel vouchers because you're dealing with very sparsely populated areas, But you have to understand how impractical it is for somebody who's home. It may not be occupiable, but is fixable to have to then every day commute from an hour or two hours away and maybe they still have to.
Speaker 6: Go to work.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are back to work. I would say the majority of people are back to work in western North Carolina in some capacity. So that's just that's a solution that is not the best, but at least it's in the right spirit. You're an idiot going to telling somebody who can't occupy this structure, which provides more, which provides more protection from the elements. As it snows in North Carolina and it is below freezing to everyone within the sound of my voice right now this morning. Unless your iHeartRadio app be a Hawaii I guess, but screw you and then I and then your weekend.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: It was you were You were inconvenience and you weren't able to relax on your weekend. You know another way to not relax on your weekend digging four feet of mud out of what used to be your basement. That sucks to spend a weekend like that, bross. Why would you rather spend the weekend sitting around, uh, maybe doing some streaming, hanging out with the fam, having some delicious leftover turkey sandwiches, you greedy, greedy individual, or or shoveling mud all weekend, which if you had to choose, I'd prefer not the mud. Oh we're gonna go not mud. Okay, So Ross is on team relax and enjoy.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of these a lot of these folks don't have choice. And you know what makes it even harder is now they can't even live on their property. So whatever amount of time they've just been or they got to live in a tent. And I'm sorry, I've said this before. If you've never cold weather camp, you don't understand. That's why this story you see this this guy in in Canada. Here it is missing hiker found alive after fifty days in Canadian wilderness. Temperatures drop below zero. Unbelievable. So this twenty year old went hiking in one of the big parks up there. The Canadian Rockies are no joke, man, just like our Rockies aren't when you get up there, the Canadian Rockies because there's nobody. There's so many bears. But anyway, it's beautiful and okay, So he was going for ten days. He had ten days worth of supplies. Hopefully he had fifteen. Just anyone who's really gone into wilderness, you want to make sure you bring extra. But became lost and spent fifty days as search parties and parents and law n for it. Everybody was looking for and he just stumbles down. They's found him walking down a road. He had converted his his sleeping bag into like a winter coat. I'm having trouble believing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the power of the Swifties kept him alive. Well.
Speaker 1: And there is the part where he's wearing a Taylor Swift sweat shirt. I'm sorry, you're watching one of those shows right where they're like the survival shows, the Beer Girls or whatever. Right, And if some dude walks into frame wearing a Taylor Swift shirt and wants to tell me how to make a fire, I'm gonna I'm gonna turn you off. I'm sorry, I can't take, but I also don't Winter camping is and everything you do taxes your body more. You're so exhausted at the end of the day because it's just the elements around you and you. You walked into this wilderness with ten days of hiking supply and your hikings you're not carrying full kit with you because you've got to be able to transport it. And you just toughed it out in winter conditions because it's basically winter conditions in October, and then just rolled out fifty days.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: It reminds me. I remember the dude, the fisherman on the boat down there, and like, where was that off the coast of It was off the coast of South America. But they found him in like the in like the one of the Pacific islands, and there's this ship, this fishing vessel had capsized and reportedly on this little tiny life raft. He and another guy from the ship gone on and he was out for like six months, floating around in the ocean, and then eventually he lands on like one of these little islands over by Samoa or whatever, or I don't even know which one it was. It's something out there in the middle of nowhere. And he's like, oh my god, I'm so glad to be rescued. And he is fatter than somehow when he left, and the other dude's gone, and he's like, yeah, pretty crazy. Oh yeah, no, yeah, he died. I just pushed him overboard. Yeah. It was very sad anyway, and he's picking his teeth and so I added that last part. But no, dude's chunky. In fact, he was so fat. The parents of the other fishermen are like, hold on a minute, hold on just a minute. So you and our son got in the life round six months ago, and now you're here and you look like you could probably lose thirty pounds, and our son's missing. Something's not adding up. So I'm gonna go on the record with I find the Canadian thing very hard to believe. But maybe the power of Swifties got him through it. We'll never know, or maybe we will very soon, all right. And so people, maybe you've happened.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe he went on hooker and blowbinge in Vancouver, like oh man, I'm out of money. Better get back to this. I don't know, don't know anyway, all right, raced agent from the Weather Channel. He's just sir, I'm just having trouble. I'm having trouble thinking this. This twenty year old just was up in the Canadian Rockies, living on his own like Jeremiah Johnson for fifty days in a Taylor Swift T shirt or sweat Yeah, that's sorry. I have a little trouble. Yeah, I don't know, I guess yeah, all right, speaking of snow and miserable. Yeah, trouble is your time to show go ahead, it.
Speaker 5: Is, you know, really no trouble with any flurries or snow showers that occur later tonight, just after midnight. They'll come in from the northwest, go southeast or the next push of cold air coming in. Mid upper fifties is where the normal highst this time of year. Today, most of us are in the mid forties tomorrow on the load to mid forties, and we'll be down with the low twenties at night, maybe some teens during the next couple of mornings, and then as again into midweek, we'll start warming up Wednesday, mid upper forties. By Thursday, we're back closer to normal, and that means in the mid upper fifties with plenty of sunshine, and then we'll get another cold front to come in. We're back in the forties for Friday, So cut up and down this week. We're down first those flurry snowshowers shutting them out too much. You might see it coat the ground or some car tops in some spots.
Speaker 1: Tonight. But a lot of that game you see is going to be with elevation.
Speaker 5: But either way, gonna stay cold, keep the heavy jackets out over the next several mornings.
Speaker 1: All right, real quick, just a couple I just looked at all this. We're gonna have so much fun stuff tomorrow that I just couldn't get to today because obviously the couple of big stories put up there, like we've got We've got a Florida man. Yeah, I'll have to wait. Moral Mondays are coming back. I know we're all excited about that. Can't wait. And just a bunch of moon battery, So that'll that'll be on tomorrow's show. Hey, this guy, this Kash Battel, due this FBI guys, you guys, hear the scandal. I open the show with this. But it's been three hours, so let me grab this. All right. So Kash Battel, the guy who Trump's probably gonna make the FBI director who spent his years in Washington in a variety of things, but one of his more recent things was under the last Trump administration, he was the dude mapping all of the people associated with the Russian collusion and other stuff too. Where you know, you had these intelligent sources that were signing letters, but also ones who were feeding information or fed information sitting on the laptop, and he was the guy who was uncovering all this. So they hate him in DC, and they specially hate him over at the Three Letter Agencies. Well, luckily this reporter from Politico got herself a scoop man. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I hope you're sitting down this Jacqueline Sweet, Jacqueline Sweet. It is her Twitter bi investigative journalist. Okay, the Intercept Guardian Politico mother Jones, which is an absolute commy rag and business insider which is trying to become one. I got her, got her a scoop. So Petel went to high school in the nineties. Russ and I went to high school in the nineties, probably many of you did. And apparently when he was in high school, there were a couple incidents where his parents went out of town and he held a party, a house party, and oh no, no, no, hold on. I know you're already like, oh how could he all right, so hold on, it gets worse at at least one of the parties. I guess this would be two different parties, or maybe the same party, just back to back. I don't know. On two occasions the young men and young women went into rooms in the house and uh, you know, did sexy stuff. That's the scoop, that's it. Jacqueline Sweet has uncovered the Kosh Patel when he was in high school may have participated in a house party where somebody got laid.
Speaker 2: The horror.
Speaker 1: I mean this never had we never had this in Wyoming Ross Schenectady. You guys never pulled this crap, right, never ever come on friend's house reheatedly, what never come on? Did you? Did you ever host one? Though? You all is out of my house?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: What would that look like? Your dad rolled in? Yeah, I saw that picture of your dad that you posted, and he's wearing that bottle. We need to bring back those bomber jackets or whatever that thing is he's wearing.
Speaker 2: Dude, the jacket is incredible and I'm sad I don't have it. Yeah, I was just going to ask you if you had I wish if I did, I would wear that all you would You would have seen the jacket by now.
Speaker 1: That's what I kind of wondered. That's uh, that things, that thing's amazing man. All right, So anyway, yeah, he had high school jacket. I think this is the disconnect, and let me talk to Jacqueline for just a moment. See, Jacqueline, these are parties, and in high school kids not all kids. Obviously, we get invited there, including the girls who and guys who may have fooled around a little. See. The difference is when you're a practice girl, which I'm assuming you were in high school. Guys may fool around, but they don't want their friends to see, so they don't invite you to the party.