Speaker 1: Bill Cunning into Great America and welcome this Monday afternoon, the Tri State Bill A basking in the glory of the Bengals from last night. They didn't look good, but they won. Whenever you go on the road in the NFL and win by double digits, no matter what happens, that's a good night. Bengals back outed on Sunday with the Brownies, and we'll see what happens with their quarterback situation Deshaun Watson, what he's going to start or not. But for some reason, Moeger tells me that of the last eight games with the Brownies, the Bengals have won two. So somehow the Bengals find a way to lose. And so we'll see what happens on Sunday. But until then, the town hall meetings are going on. Commercials are like crazy. I'm told by the high Senate candidates that the the DNC, mainly in the RNZ, is going to spend close to five hundred million dollars in the race with shared brown five hundred million dollars in Bernie Marino I said five hundred million dollars for one Senate seat, basically lying in the American people because lives work more than the truth. But nonetheless, joining you and I now is Chris Smitherman. He's a black man. He's being pandered to, he's being catered to, he's in the barbershop, he's not voting the right way, and the Democratic Party wants to know why. Chris Smitherman. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. Chris Smitherman, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good? How are you doing? You know this is not a new story bill that the Democratic Party you know, and President Lyndon Johnson kind of set it up, has moved to this mentality that I'll just vote Democratic and not have all of the information. So you know this narrative that there is before you even ask me the first question that there is this black person, yeah, who speaks for the black community or the African American community is just a third. The African American community is not monolithic. We are as diverse as any other community. And leaders out here who believe that they can tell African American men how to think, how to vote, what their set of priorities should be as Americans are just misinformed. And that is what you're seeing happen right now, in this election.
Speaker 1: And Chris, I think you're wrong, completely wrong, because white men have white leaders. I can't identify who that is. Hispanic men have Hispanic leaders. Who's that Asian individuals persons have asianly, I'm sure they're out there. And so there's one group in America that has to be told what to do, and those are especially black men and black women especially. And so when Barack Hussein Obama, the Black Messiah, arises from his homes either in Martha's Vineyard, Washington, DC, Chicago, or Hawaii, and the media acts as if, Okay, we finally have the great Black Jesus among us. You better know your role, shut your men house both the way he tells you to vote, and that normally works. Done it because I know we have a bunch of white leaders, and I get subliminal messages all the time from white leaders telling me what to do because I can't figure it out myself. And so, as a black man, aren't you going to tow the company line and do what you're told, know your role and shut your mouth.
Speaker 2: President Barack Obama and first Lady Michelle Obama served our country for eight years, but there isn't this person who speaks for Black Americans. And so let me be clear for you, Bill, what the issues are and what I think. And I don't speak for African Americans, and I don't speak for Black Americans. I speak for myself. I will tell you kind of what I'm hearing. People are concerned about the economy. Black men are concerned about their gas prices, that their fuel, They're concerned about their rent, They're concerned about food prices. Does this sound familiar. They're concerned about the border because they're concerned about the safety of their daughters. Meaning President former President Barack Obama has two beautiful daughters who are protected every day by the Secret Service. That is not true for most African American families out here, where their children have to get up every day, go to a bus stop, and some of them are worried about gunshots in their community. They don't have the Secret Service flanking them every day. That's part of the disconnect that I'm sharing with you. The everyday African American man who's in a barbershop or who's running their own business, whether it's a technology company, whether it's a construction company, they're worried about the same things that you're worried about brother and so this notion to wake up and say, I now have to vote for somebody based on the pigmentation of their skin, and you want me to throw out all of my economic concerns. I'm trying to wake up every day. I want to make sure I can feed my wife. I want to make sure that I can feed my children. Those are the issues that bread and butter, issues that African American men are thinking about at the highest level, at the highest intellectual level. And we don't appreciate anybody trying to take us into this. You've got to vote for somebody based on the pigment of their skin. It is more of the content of their character. And I want to understand what the public policies are of all the candidates that are running. That's what brothers are really talking about. Brothers who are getting up every day, going to work, who are paying their bills. This notion that brothers aren't handling their business. Members of Alpha Phi Alpha, which I'm a member of. Alpha Fai Alpha, are ladies of akas or Delta Stigma. Theydes Beta are those African American men and women who are attending historically black colleges and universities. By the way, just as a fact, it makes people uncomfortable. It was former President Trump that ultimately made funding to historically black colleges and universities permanent.
Speaker 3: Keep that walk, President Clinton, keep that question.
Speaker 2: It wasn't President Barack Obama. It was former President Trump who did that for historically black college university.
Speaker 3: Don't say that. Don't say that, please, That's a good thing on the Trump side. You can't do it.
Speaker 1: When I'm watching the last week or two of Kamala Harris. The whole point of her campaign, Chris Mitherman is a new way forward. Let's take the best and make it better, find a way to stay together. That's the whole part. So the last several interviews she's given she has said, basically, I can't think of one thing I do differently the past four years. So when she comes off that interview with Whoopi Goldberg, who's a clown at the view, and her senior campaign staff says, can we go into this rip, can we talk with you for a moment, Madam Weisman. They go in the room, according to Axios, and they said to her, what in the hell are you doing? The whole point of this campaign is a new way forward, a new path How can you say you wouldn't do anything different when we're spending a billion dollars telling people that we have a new way forward, and you're saying there's nothing we can do differently.
Speaker 3: How in the hell does that work?
Speaker 1: And so she mumbles around and says, well, I'm sorry, I just wasn't thinking at the moment. Then two more interviews in the next two days she says exactly the same thing with cold Bear drinking the beer. Otherwise, she says, basically, I wouldn't do anything different. So they spend a billion dollars telling this is a new path forward, and the messenger the candidate can't think on her feet and say, well, I'm gonna take the best to make it better with Joe Biden, with the batado bada ding bata bang, you vote for me, we're gonna do any brand new bada doo.
Speaker 3: Butta doo bada bang.
Speaker 1: It's all a new path forward, it's a new way forward, and says she comes off the Colbert interview and according to Axios, well now, madam Vice President, what the hell are you doing? We just told you not to say that. Everything's fine because seventy percent of American people and eighty percent of Black folks, things aren't very good. Why do you keep saying things aren't are pretty good when they're not? And why do you say on these interviews that there's nothing I would have done differently when we have a new path forward and said, well, I'm sorry about that, I'll do better the next time. That's the candidate they put out who didn't get one percent of the vote in twenty nineteen, who isn't available for interviews like with Time magazine.
Speaker 3: How in the hell is not going to work?
Speaker 1: And the answer is the media coverage and the machine has got to pull you over the finish line because you can't do it. Can you smell what I'm cooking? And I think there's a question in there, would you please answer it?
Speaker 2: Well, look, African American men. Back to the public policy. And again, I'm not speaking for everywhere, not monolithic, but those that I speak to in my circle. You know that I'm a financial planner. I have access to people who have resources. They're talking and those who don't. They're talking about public school education. How can I get my child to get a good education because it's still the number one way into the middle class. And so any candidate out there who's not talking about that is going to have a problem. He acts, and most of these candidates act like we don't we as African American men, can't see what happened with FEMA, as if we don't have families that are in North Carolina or in Georgia, are in Florida who just lost their house, who just lost their loved one. And FEMA has been on the sidelines, by the way, instead of pushing over a billion dollars for illegal people who are coming over the border. And we can see that you're prioritizing everybody else but Americans. We see that you're putting people up in hotels in New York, or in Atlanta, or in Chicago, and you don't think that that impacts us as African American men. And so that's what they're missing. They're not understanding that African American men and black men, I want to be clear here, are very sophisticated. We understand what's happening around us, and you just can't walk in and say, hey, brother, do what I tell you to do. Those days are over, Bill, and that's the frustration the Democratic plantation is breaking down, and people are looking for answers because they're trying to pay their rent. Brother, they're trying to buy food, they're trying to put gas in their car, and they just want to candidate that will prioritize what they care about all this other crap that they're talking about. For example, they want to push abortion, abortion, abortion right. Well, that might work in some campaigns, but when people are hurting the way they're hurting, like they're saying in North Carolina, I just lost everything. I lost my dog, my house, all my belongings in Georgia and in Florida, and you're only going to give me seven hundred and fifty dollars. But I can see that you're sending money to Lebanon, saying you want to shore up what's happening in Lebanon, but you can't or what's happening right here in America. I'm letting you know, Bill, that's the problem with the comment of hey, brother, I need you to get lined up and follow me on the pigmentation and not the public policy.
Speaker 3: We began with this idea.
Speaker 1: Seemingly every every racial group in America doesn't need a leader. If I ask Tony Benner, who's the white leader, who's the big dog, who's coming out of the pound, who's barking, who's snarly, who's nasty? And I'm thinking, well, white leaders, I don't think we have one. If I speak to my Hispanic friends, I said, who's your who's your big brown leader? That is that that is unpaid? Well, I don't have one. If you talk to Asians, well I don't. They talked to black folks. The media tells you who let the dog out, and that is Barack Hussein Obama is telling you, and he's talking that language, that lingo from the street. Obama's from the street with his homes in Hawaii on the ocean. He's telling black I'm back. The big dog is out. They thought that would be a bump about a week ago. It didn't happen. And it didn't happen because Black folks have figured out the plan put together by LBJ keeps them in slavery instead of freedom. And right now, if you've got to send your kid to a public school in Cincinnati or Chicago or Dayton, the last place you want to do is to the Dayton public schools or the CPS, because more than half the kids can't read, don't understand English, they can't compute mathematically, they're not ready for school. Given the choice, most black folks would not send their kids to CPS. They send their kid to a private school somewhere or to some monassory school. And so folks are figuring out in large numbers that the lives of the left have been told for more than half a century, and.
Speaker 3: They don't work.
Speaker 1: Do you think more and more black folks think like you, or more and more black folks think like Whoopi Goldberg.
Speaker 2: I think. First, let me say to you that, as you know, I respect the accomplishment of President Barack Obama, period, just like I respect the accomplishments of Eli Munk or are Tim Cook, or Bill Gates or Warren Buffet. There are people that have made tremendous contributions to our society. However, that doesn't mean that you become the spokesperson for an entire race of people. That's what you and I are talking about, and I'm sharing with you that many times I have more in common with my apple lating brothers and sisters than I do to people who have wealth and who can buy a twelve million dollar crib or lived somewhere in Hawaii, as you're describing, meaning the economics of things matter, and so what I'm trying to articulate to our community, it is okay for us to be free thinkers. It's okay for us to vote for a variety of keenicts. It's okay for us to vote for Democrats, Republicans, independence, libertarians. It's okay. That's where we're headed in our world. And what Barack Obama, President Barack Obama is seeing right now, Bill, the polls aren't looking good. That African American men are questioning their existence financially, and they're saying, there has to be a better way for my family. I cannot afford to pay six dollars for diesel. I drive a truck out here, just like my white brother drives a truck, and it's cost to me a thousand dollars to fill it up. I've got to get a break here, and I'm looking for the candidate that can provide that public policy. I think the interview tomorrow that we talked about, right, I think that that might be a first step. If she's probed on what she's going to do the Democrat all. All these things are important, brothers, but there isn't a person who speaks for African American people. I don't care if you African American or white. Are you're listening to our interviews. I don't think anybody can walk away from what I'm saying. Say what Smithlman said isn't true. There isn't a spokesperson for African Americans. And we have the right to vote for whoever we want to vote for now.
Speaker 1: Like Joe Biden said a few years ago in twenty twenty, twenty twenty, if you don't vote for me, you ain't black. I'm taking away your color. I'm taking away your pigmentation. Know your role, shut your mouth. Vote Democratic. We're gonna take care of you. You've seen the results out the past fifty years. And I would say the Planned PARENTO always puts their facilities in the Black community. The number one race killed healthy babies inside the bodies of healthy mothers are in the Black community. It's called abortion. Black babies constitute about fifty percent of the deaths inside the womb, and the white babies are about twelve percent. Most are persons of color that are killed in the womb. And that's a sacrament according to the Democrat Party or Christopher, I got to run.
Speaker 3: But we'll see what happens down the road.
Speaker 1: But you gotta know, you gotta tell Eric Kurdy and Lincoln b Ware and Box Miller you're black and you ain't black.
Speaker 3: If you don't vote for Kamala Harris, you ain't willing.
Speaker 2: Let me give you. Let me give you this good news. My son Christopher had his first child yesterday. I'm a grandfather. Oh, I'm so proud of him. Who went on October the thirteenth, Christopher Edward Charles Smitherman the third And if people want to follow me to get my perspective, they can do it on x at vote Smitherman. So thank you for allowing me to do those two things. And I just want to highlight that positive part of my own life that I became a grandfather yesterday.
Speaker 1: You're getting old, no question about that, but know your role. Shut your mouth. You don't vote for Democrats, you ain't black. I don't know what color you are, but you ain't black. Chris Smitherman, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Chris, Thank you brother. Let's continue with more line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, The Bengals have a Heartbeat and more Stand Back the Paddles work last night at MetLife on news Radio seven hundred WULW