Speaker 1: Got it, dude.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, hey brother, Hey, hey hey, folks.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Everything Is a Bitch, Episode eleven. And I'm Mike Agavino here with my buddy aj Benza. How you doing, Pal, I'm doing great, Pal. That was forty five minutes of ten. No, hell, we just went through trying to get ourselves set up here today.
Speaker 1: I don't know when it comes to computers. When it comes to computers, it's like I feel like an auto mechanic. I have no clue what computers. So whenever you try to fix something, I don't know what to do. I get so scared of going inside the computer and configuring things that I will kill the patient. So I know my view is sideways right now. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: So, folks, I could see Aja, he could see me, I could hear him. He couldn't hear me. Yeah, and so I'm watching his face, he says. He goes through the various stages of panic trying to figure out what the f is wrong with his computer. And it's okay, we're here.
Speaker 1: You'roways calm, and I want to break something the first minute in, but Mike stays very calm. Thank god, I can't take it. By the way, I got a couple of emails. It's unbelievable how people think I obviously got an email from a hater I won't say his name, telling us you guys are so bad. I didn't even have to google this, But you call Bill Buckder a Hall of famer. He's obviously not a Hall of Famer. I'm like, are you do you really? Did you listen to us and actually googled to see if Bill bucker was a whole We might have said that just because we're rushing through a show.
Speaker 2: For you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that I did that because I actually thought about it in the moment and in my head, it's a great player.
Speaker 2: I was sure he made it into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: He did too, he didn't wow, wow.
Speaker 3: Well he's exposed the bias of the Hall of Fame. Let one, let one ground ball into your glove. We get into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what happened, Bill Buckner. I think after that happened, he ripped the phone out of his wall. He didn't take any calls and just retreated to someplace wherever he lived and just kind of disappeared for a long time. I think that Red Sox finally brought him back. He finally shut up at an old Timers game or something. He disappeared for at least ten to fifteen years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had to move out of Rhode Iso and all that kind of stuff, and his you know, his family get depth threats and all that.
Speaker 2: But you know, fact check, I go Bustner not in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Thanks dude to appreciate that.
Speaker 2: But I did.
Speaker 3: I did run with that one believing I was I was correct, So thank you, Thank you for our fact checkers.
Speaker 1: Right, I got Kenny. Now he's on the Facebook podcast obsess page, so he's seeing what I post, the others post. And you know, Kenny is seuch an outside when it comes to gossip, and whenever he joins in to a discussion, these people have no idea who they're agree with. He just destroys people who like you know, he's very conservative. So the minute someone says anything that's left a little bit, Kenny's off to the races. And I did find a lot of people saying keep the politics on everything as a bitch, and politics a bitch, don't do anything of that on fame. I'm like, guys, I can't I understand, but it's the last month has been big story of the big story. It's crazy. I know you and I will talk about it today as well, but it's been bizarre.
Speaker 3: It drips into everything. It's pretty hard to it's pretty hard to avoid it because it's it's a factor.
Speaker 2: In all things. But but you know.
Speaker 3: Kenny, Kenny could be pretty toxic and yeah, in a social chat like that, so it'd be interesting to see what the heck happens.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so are you watching? Have you watched any of the Olympics stuff?
Speaker 1: Look, first, I said, after that opening, that horrible opening, I swore I wouldn't watch a second and I didn't for a day or two. But you know, I can't fault all these youngsters who've just fought their old lives to be on this stage. Last night, I watched that gymnast to wear his glasses, which I found that aren't prescription. That geeky looking kid of the pubble Horse, oh yeah, ended up getting us a bronze medal. I thought, is this guy on the spectrum? What's this guy doing? But then he took the glasses off and apparently he doesn't need them. He just likes them, which is a whole of his story. But yeah, I do watch occasionally and I love it. I love to see close swim meets gymnastics, some of the sports they have in these Olympics. I don't know where I've been. I don't know where i've been. Female rugby, surfing.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit Wait, they have surfed, they have surfing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw a really cool guy.
Speaker 2: I have to add that to my list. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a picture of him. I don't know what he plays, but there's a picture of him. It looks like he's standing on a wave. He's giving a thumbs up. He's high in this guy the boards to his right. Magnificent picture. I think he's from South America, somewhere of Spain, Spanish. Kind of a Hispanic named phenomenal. I don't watch surfing, you know, but.
Speaker 3: I'll have to look and see. I'm wondering where they are. Where they are surfing.
Speaker 1: In France, but yeah, you know, I am French, Polynesia, Polynesia.
Speaker 3: Don't don't ask me why. But I actually I don't know if it was Netflix or Prime, but I actually went and watched about forty five minutes of this making of the opening Ceremonies of the Olympics documentary they did, and I watched it before the olden said, don't ask me.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I never heard. I just did wow.
Speaker 3: And and it's all it's all in French with English subtitles, right, so you might be asking yourself, really, what the f were you doing?
Speaker 2: Right, Nothing's going on in their life.
Speaker 3: So but I knew, I just I mean, it was a it was a French he wokethon in the whole thing, and so I knew it was going to be fed up. But they didn't share the very specifics of of everything. They just shared it kind of a thousand feet some of the stuff and uh yeah.
Speaker 2: So so so that was that was pretty well.
Speaker 3: But you know what bother bothered me the most about the opening ceremony.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 3: Was that Peyton and Man Peyton Mann and Kelly Clarkson and and Mike Turrico, who is a pro, I mean he is a freaking pro. A plus guy puts on a good face no matter what the hell he's doing, and he's you know, at the top of his of his game, right, so whenever he gets the memo, Hey, opening ceremonies, you're gonna have you know, Kelly Clarkson and Peyton Manning with you.
Speaker 2: And you know Peyton.
Speaker 3: Great if you're doing your eSPI with Eli and and doing that, or you're doing some dumb commercial.
Speaker 1: But what there's no reason. It's just they just think star power makes people watch. People are not watching for the announcers. They're watching because they love sport. They love young kids coming up. Maybe that's their first shot or their last shot in the metal. It's about pride. It's not about oh oh, I love to seeing Peyton Manning. Look at even even isn't Kevin hartenvolved as well? Colin Jost was hosting something I forget what sport Colin Joe.
Speaker 2: Anybody remember it's it's NBC.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, so but but come on, let's still at Peyton for a second. Okay, So somewhere someone whether it's Dad, it's probably gotta be dad, but someone has to tell his agent that the word no, I'm okay to use every now and then. I don't care what bud Light paid him. He should have said no, I don't care what NBC paydon He should have said no because.
Speaker 2: It's gonna come. It's going to come on the.
Speaker 3: Back end the deals he's not going to be getting in three or five years because he did all this stupid stuff. So you know, occasionally it's okay to turn somebody down. I mean, he he really straddles the line and never gives a tell about where he stands on on anything politically. I mean, if you watch the Brady Rose, he came through and enter through the back and left through the back. He didn't sit with everyone and laugh at anybody's jokes. And it wasn't I don't think it was about making an entrance or making exit. It was about not mixing up and you know, making sure he wasn't caught laughing at what's her name's pussy jokes? Right, Yes, it was him just keeping himself sanitary, even though he was going into an environment that wasn't so sanitary.
Speaker 1: He ridiculous, but looked it looked ridiculous. He looked very he looked out of his out of sorts. It didn't work right. Look at you know they're paying Lady Gaga got two million bucks to sing to the Olympics. I think she's singing one song. Celine Dion sang a beautiful song after that debacle at the opening. She did it for no money at all. Here's a woman suffering with the stiff syndrome whatever it is, horrible illness, and she takes not a penny from them.
Speaker 2: And unfortunately most people had turned it off by then.
Speaker 1: And I know we're except.
Speaker 2: On social media, but but.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we'll close the door on Peyton other than to say other than to say that, yeah, I know a couple of his family members pretty well, and I know I know where they kind of stand on the political spectrum. I'm not so sure about where he is. But somebody needs to whack him a little bit and just say stay in your lane, dude, don't do this stupid stuff, the butt light thing, know, and you know, keep making money for another I mean it's Richard, and hell it doesn't need to ever make another penny. But that was just that really bothered me. And talk about a bad mix.
Speaker 1: I mean, just listen. When I worked at E when I was doing Mysteries and scandals, it was owned by NBC Universal, so obviously they were running all those commercials. The more you know, you know that always were like geared toward kids and drugs and drinking, and they come to me, I did one of those. I did one of those, and I'm like, you want me to read this copy? You know how much of this copy I've already done.
Speaker 3: Here's the kids, kids, here's the proper way to roll up the bill so that you don't waste any of the cocaine when you're getting it off you.
Speaker 1: If you can get one hundred dollars bill better than a lot that a single is you know? I mean, yeah, sure, I'll read the more. You know, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: I always use a new blade while chopping, so I make sure if you have that.
Speaker 1: Do you have it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, there was twenty twenty five years ago. I forgot what I even said, but I remember reading it, going, if they can't be serious, I've broken every one of these rules. Well whatever you want to call them. I've done all this, and I'm telling kids, it's just ridiculous. That would be priceless to have. Wish I had that too. I don't have it.
Speaker 3: You know, we could just video some fake one. Those would be those would be fun to do. It wouldn't be I have to go back and look at what the what was it called again?
Speaker 2: Oh the more you know was what more?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: You know how hard would it be to recreate the graphics and then and then come out with some.
Speaker 1: Never wash, Never wash your razor. It's moisture that makes them less sharp. Use a towel before chopping the cocaine. The more you know, I mean, you know, kids drink. I could go on and long with these stupid stories. It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Olympics. I will watch occasionally, I faton and something I don't like. Listen, I got a back up. Why Snoop dog gets to carry the torch? This guy is an admitted former pimp, drug dealer. We all know what pimp, but what Snoop stands for. He doesn't belong with the Olympics. Nor does Lebron James need to do the same thing. And that bastard sacked down didn't get up for the national anthem?
Speaker 2: Well that wasn't. That wasn't that was in the past.
Speaker 1: I don't they haven't. I know, So did you see him yet? This this this Olympics, the first game.
Speaker 2: No, I'm curious as whether he or Brittain.
Speaker 3: If Brittany Griner doesn't if Brittany Grinder doesn't stand for the national anthem. They they should just yeah, package her him it whatever they pops pops, okay, in a in a one way back to Russia.
Speaker 2: They don't have to give us the arms dealer back.
Speaker 1: They just don't want. I don't want.
Speaker 2: I don't want the arms deal. Get you got the arms dealer. That was the deal.
Speaker 3: But just just you know she's making he's making hers making whatever the baby.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, pops, pop pops. Listen. I've said it for years. It's not I don't have to be a scientist. She looks very much like she was born male. The no breasts, the bigger body, just just very masculine and manly. And I believe that we had the wolf pulled over our eyes. I have no proof. There are pictures on the internet showing a certain Perison looks just like her with no breast, playing shirtless basketball. If it's not her, it's a dopel ganger that I've never seen before. But there's stuff out there that shows her as a male. I'd like to see her as a baby. Is there a baby picture? Can you get that? And Michelle Obamas being pregnant there's a lot of pictures I want to see that I can't see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's there's a lot of fake stuff out there too, but I know, but you know, She's Hey's whatever doing a lot of trolling. I mean, the Pops thing is a big troll back the not saying. I mean, they won't say who the father of the baby is right now. Maybe some people want to keep that private, but I mean at some point, i mean two years from now, if that thing's a dead ringer for Britney, some people can't.
Speaker 2: Want something exactly DNA testing done.
Speaker 1: But let's keep an eye on that. That baby's six seven. Britney's a man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at two years old, he's six one. Some checking that.
Speaker 1: If you've got a good crossover at four years old, I'd say Brittany's the father.
Speaker 2: Gallagher. Galagher had to get crossover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, different crches, very different crossover methods, but both were very valuable.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what does it say that the most exciting moment for Team America thus far at the Olympics has been since the most exciting moment, most biggest achievement has been that we had a US woman versus US woman. Oh, the fencing finals.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, EPI and foyle. I remember those two phrases well. I actually covered fencing at Newsday when I was young. I covered a few matches. I remember the terms EPI and foyle. I have no idea what they mean anymore, but I remember those are two very important phrases in fencing. It's a shame that, I mean, whoever watch is fencing and then we get to watch it. It's two girls for the same country competing against each other. Nobody wants to see that except their families. Otherwise nobody wants to see it. Move on.
Speaker 3: But I think it's Look, I think it's a cool thing. I wish I could handle a freaking sword and do and do that stuff. You know, it's kind of the thing that we remember who the people were that were on the fencing team in high school, right, so you immediately think that way. But but that's that's our that's our high our high bar so far. You know, we're coming into some of the more prime sports, but we're not doing.
Speaker 1: So well right now. Listen. The high bar is that Russia is not in the Olympics, Eross America is not at the top of the metal board. If Russia's in the Olympics were doomed. You know, obviously, I'm sure much of their most of their athletes are on some sort of steroid con concoctions cocktail. But there's no way. I just I took a look at some of these guys. The men's gymnastic team doesn't look like they'd mettle, but they did. I don't think they stand a chance of rush is involved. I don't know much about fencing to comment on that. But let's see how basketball does against South Sudan Wednesday. That'll be a great, a great test to see how good America is.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: They actually they played Serbia the other day and looked pretty good, and that serving team is is good. They've got some players so but but right now we've only got we've only won three gold medals so far.
Speaker 1: The lead all medals. Aren't we leading?
Speaker 3: We're leading in all medals because we've We've won nine frickin' bronzes. This is the us of a bronze doesn't even bronze barely counts. Right We've we've won three gold.
Speaker 2: Japan has seven. Japan, wow, Japan, China has six.
Speaker 1: Invades Taiwan. They're gonna Haverance. Well, France has five.
Speaker 2: That's not counting the Taiwanese metals, so has five Francis five gold medals.
Speaker 3: And they had, you know, the performance in the pool by that by that guy that was a big deal, Leon.
Speaker 2: Merchallan or whatever his name is.
Speaker 1: You got the big package four hundred me.
Speaker 2: No, that's another guy. I want to talk about him. We definitely, we definitely want to talk about him.
Speaker 3: But no, that guy that they had, the guy who won the four hundred meter individual medley. Okay, and uh, you know, so our biggest moment so far is a little bit of fencing and small small bios ankle.
Speaker 2: That's our We're hanging our head on it.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you right now. And I shouldn't feel this way. I don't want to see Simone Biles anymore. I've overdosed on her, like the country's overdosed on unpaid many. It's some Simone Biles is everywhere. And I know these gymnastics, these these uh gymnasts are are they stay small obviously because they're I don't know how this happens, but if I guess, if you practice gymnastics and perform gymnastics at a very young age. It's done your growth. I don't understand that there's no five foot ten inch great gymnasts. They're all tiny. But Simone Biles has this dwarf gene in her. I could see it in her face. And she just got together. But she married the guy, and she's in the gossip pages and the sports pages. I've had of its mobiles. I know she's good. I just don't want to see her anymore.
Speaker 3: Wow, dude, strong, strong stance on some Owan Biles. Look, here's my here's my small Boles tape. She and I've been critical of her on some things in the past. Number one, you know, she, like so many from the former teams, survived the crap uh with Larry of course, beyond description what they what they went through too. She had the whole experience as the best gymnast in the world, getting those twisties in the last Olympics and not being able to perform, and so it takes four years to mount to come back.
Speaker 2: That it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: She's got a bunch of these things that she does that no one on planet Earth has ever done before. All these moves that are named for her that nobody else has been able to do.
Speaker 2: She's she's pretty special.
Speaker 3: Oh so she is.
Speaker 1: I just don't like looking at her. But she's certainly a terrific Look what you have? What you call it again? The twisty is what you call it?
Speaker 2: When she Yeah, the twisting.
Speaker 1: That is such a scary thing to even think about. That you're up in the air twisting and flipping and you don't you're not sure of yourself anymore. That's terrifying. So I give her a lot of credit for This is not chuck down block not knowing how to throw the first base with the yips. This is your life on the line. So I give her a lot of credit. I just I've seen too much of her, and I don't want to see the cry baby tennis player Coco anymore either. You know, do you see this brother go crying? She had a fight with the un part of that got destroyed on the tennis court. Toco, uh Hoco, golf GoF Come on America.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, but but hang on said okay, because they're both they're both good role models. I would much rather, I would much rather have either of those two representing the country. Then wait till we get on the track and my girlfriend gets out.
Speaker 1: There, I don't know what. I don't know what.
Speaker 3: I don't know what she's gonna look like when she gets out there the first time. But and what she's gonna say. But give me, give me Simone and uhmy Coco all day long. But you want to you want to talk about the ultimate.
Speaker 1: Role model though, the diver. What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know how to pronounce his name. His name is jewel boyer. I think it's if it's b o u y e r in French.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you've seen the pictures of this dude.
Speaker 1: I have, and I feel less of a man having seen the picture.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you're in a different page than me, so for okay, So.
Speaker 3: There's this, there's this guy. TMZ did a great story on this. But according to TMZ, this French diver as in and this has gone viral. But he's gone viral not because of his diving skills. He's gone viral because of the size of the bulge in his speed up and uh fans are going wild online over Jewel Boy sharing pics of his soaked springboard diver after one of his recent events. The key angle shot that they got is the one that is really causing all the commotion. But I don't I don't usually take a long stare at a guy's package in his speedos. But okay, I sent you this picture.
Speaker 2: And look at this.
Speaker 1: I know the picture. It's insane.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, no, no, But here's the deal. That's not that's there's a deformity there that's not if. Okay, So if you're really, if you're packing serious package in your in your speedos, you're you're the head of your unit is down south and and talked either to the right or left, depending on.
Speaker 2: How you tell it, right, I left. Yeah, okay, So but it appears in this picture to me like this guy's got wood and and his is the head of his unit is near the top.
Speaker 1: Up. It's weird. He's it's it's positioned toward his belly button.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you agree, you agree with me, that's what we're seeing in the picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's pointing it up, which I don't understand. That could create grate more drag.
Speaker 2: There's nothing impressive about that.
Speaker 1: Then, well no, it's just you're right, it's sticking up instead of hanging down a tuck. But I'll tell you My nephew, Jackie, was a tremendous swimmer at West Slice of High School. He had a very similar problem with the with the speedo and him being blessed, and we used to kind of laugh because he didn't know where to put it. Those things are so small, these speedos, especially when you're swimming in tense of a second matter. You gotta do something with it. But I don't think putting it up is the way to go.
Speaker 3: Well, putting it up or or not getting wood because you just did a the springboard. I mean, I think this guy, yeah, I think this guy is is uh it is is a bit excited when this picture is taken. So I don't know, Well, we'll post this on the on the Facebook page and everybody way in. But my bed is that, you know, I think this guy's softer than camm Beert and in this, in this, in this shot, his unit looks harder than fifty years jedder than me.
Speaker 1: So that's good. I was gonna say, is that a bag get in your bikini? You're just happy to see me? It looks like a French bag at it could be a he's look he's packing. At least he has to be in some form of excitement here.
Speaker 2: I don't know anybody that's okay, we're on the same we're on the same page.
Speaker 3: We'll let the let the listeners way in. But but to me, this is this is not worthy of a viral moment for this dude. I think it's more a moment to question what's getting him so excited on the freaking springboard.
Speaker 1: Right, that's a good point. He really wants these ones. He wanted to be the Olympics really bad. He could be excited about that. I don't know, But yeah, this kid knew he knew coming in Wait until they get a look at me on that board. He knew who was coming. God bless you.
Speaker 3: I've been I've been looking for I just found out the other day that that betting on the Olympics was was legal. I didn't know that you go on that you can go on Draft Kings and Caesars and these other sites and bet, and so I've been looking for something I really wanted to bet. And then I see this story about this biological male by the name of Amani Keliff, who's who's Algerian. Is he's a women's boxer.
Speaker 1: I've seen this, Yeah, wait, I saw a male destroyed female in the ring of the Olympics. Is this you're talking about?
Speaker 3: Well, no, he hasn't fought yet in the Olympics. He's fought, He's fought in the uh he got kicked out out of the World Championships.
Speaker 2: That's why this is such a This is a scandal.
Speaker 3: There's two people involved in this, but this guy and then there's another dude who's from Taiwan. The Taiwan guys lin U Ting, and this guy is Amani Kehlief. I'm sure I'm not even close to Algerian pronunciation. But both of those guys got disqualified from the Women's World Boxing Championships that were held in New Delhi, India in March. They failed DNA tests. Looking at this guy, I haven't really gotten a good look at lin U Ting, but yeah, I understand why they failed the test. But at the time, the International Boxing Association claimed the tests proved that both of those guys had the x Y chromosome.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: The International Association has been stripped of the right to run the Olympic boxing competition because the Algerian Olympic Committee filed a challenge claiming that the disqualification back in the World Championships was unfair and that she only tested positive because of for medical reasons. They were going through some kind of special treatment. Yeah, I mean special treatment being testosterone injections or whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So anyway, now the Olympics instead of being overseen by the IBA or being overseen by.
Speaker 2: The IOC, and the IOC.
Speaker 3: Rules are allow biological men to compete in women's or biological women to compete in men. So Khalif, whether whatever you want to call them or is fighting on Thursday, and I found the thing I'm betting on. I mean, come on, yeah, of.
Speaker 1: Course, Wait, I've seen I've seen video of this.
Speaker 3: You're sure they didn't fight it with No, he hasn't thought in the Olympics yet, So okay, actually fighting in the sixty six kilogram what's quickly sixty six times.
Speaker 2: Like one hundred and forty pounds. Uh is fighting against.
Speaker 3: This poor Italian girl, Yah Angela Karini Angela's I'm sorry, he's going down.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but I'm going to.
Speaker 1: I know what I saw I'm reading now. I saw the footage of a previous fight that Khalif went bananas on and just destroyed his opponent. Well, I'm more upset. Well, that's going to go back to being man on man. They're not going to keep this bullshit going on with the transgender ship. They're not going to do that. But I'm more concerned about this. Netherlands volleyball player Steven Vanderbilt, who was convicted for raping a twelve year old back in twenty sixteen, served his time and now he's back at the Olympics. That is astounding to me.
Speaker 2: Wait how much time did he get? Not much time?
Speaker 1: Sixteen, he served some kind of time. Dutch chi rapist greeted with booze and a plated in twenty sixteen. No, no, no, no, I don't see anything else here. Yeah, did he go okay? He was sentent to four years in prison. He played guilty of raping his British girl. He met her, he flew to England to meter her in twenty fourteen. Newer Age met her on Facebook. Served twelve months in a British prison months tea? Did you get tea? Every day in British prison? The guy raped the twelve year old and now he's up thank god. He lost his first match with his partner but this guy should not be in the guy he.
Speaker 2: Served twelve months. What's the age of consent there?
Speaker 1: That's a good point. Wait, it's not twelve.
Speaker 2: Wait where did it happen?
Speaker 1: He flew to Britain, he flew to England to meet her in twenty fourteen. Knew of her age. She was twelve, and then on Facebook.
Speaker 2: I think agent consent might be sixteen.
Speaker 1: It's not lower twelve.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be lower than that.
Speaker 1: It's not although you know who wanted it to be twelve. No one talks about this. Ruth Bank that's a good that's a good guess. Ruth Bader Ginsburg suggested that many years ago. But she's such a hero to everybody. All women love rbg's She was a freak twelve year old. Anyhow, this guy's playing.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I got that somewhere.
Speaker 1: She no, she's I did heavy research. Onse I did it on the show about three years ago when all the buzzer about her having the stepped she should have stepped down. She cost him the election, I think. But yeah, she at one point decided that she think twelve was not bad. I think it'd be to be the age of consent in America. So there's your hero RBG. That didn't make the movie, did it? I don't think so. In Hollywood they did.
Speaker 3: They did go ahead and west Ice open, make that the age though, which was which was nice to them.
Speaker 1: I'm just skidous. It's insane. Look, you know, when I was a kid, the Olympics spent a lot more than me. I guess maybe we're getting jade as we get older. I used to root for the every American. I don't know enough of them now. I don't know. I'm a little bit on the outside with most of these athletes. So I'm interested in basketball. I like to watch soccer, but some of these sports are turned and I don't want to see equestrian. I don't want to see horses. I just, you know, save that for the daytime. Put that on a seven D, don't put it on the prime time.
Speaker 3: Well, but here's the thing is, and you know NBC paid seven point seventy five billion dollars for the rights to all the Olympic Games through twenty thirty two. But when when you've got a host city like Paris, which I think is from well I'm central from East, it's either five or six hours.
Speaker 1: I think it's far from New York. Okay, So.
Speaker 3: In the connected world we live in, you easily buy you know, four five in the afternoon the latest are going to know everything that happened that day in Paris. You could just watch highlights online and not waste your night with Kelly Clarkson explaining what's happening with the whatever and uh So, I'm sure it makes it very difficult for NBC to make any.
Speaker 2: Pricking money on any of this.
Speaker 3: But I can't imagine people sitting in front of the TV for three hours watching this ship in primetime.
Speaker 1: But I think that happens. The biggest rating aren't the ratings the best ever so far, I believe, which is really weird because many years ago it's not I thought the rains were great.
Speaker 3: No, no, they're they're they're because they always do this, they're going to compare it to pandemic number. It's like it's like the bullshit talking about crime rates being down and stuff.
Speaker 2: You can manipulate data any way you want to buy.
Speaker 3: Well, actually a great one is ties into the next story I wanted to go to, which is which is climate change. If you picked the year you want to start judging what's happened to the climate. From you can create a very compelling set of stats that the Earth is warming. If you want to choose a different date, you can make a very compelling case that it's getting colder.
Speaker 2: So it's ridiculous, and so I couldn't help. But I read this.
Speaker 3: Column in The New York Times, and this woman went nuts over the fact that the there's a new Twisters movie out. It's a remake, but nineteen ninety six was the original. Yeah, Helen one, Yeah, that was Helen Hunt during her she was big, she was big back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as good as it gets, well, they saw it as good as it gets running down the street with a T shirt and no bra. That was like a weirdly, really weird scene to put it in, as good as it gets. It wasn't a romantic movie. And then suddenly she's in Twister with a lot of shots of her running, you know, with the no bra. That was Helen Hunt's time. And of course Mad About You was huge with Paul Reiser. But I didn't see the movie yet. I'll see it eventually. But of course, this particular column is that The New York Times wants everybody believe that all these films have to send a message while they're making the movie, and that just I just wanted to be entertained. I don't want to be taught, especially during a movie about about twisters. Don't don't, don't, don't try to teach me anything. Just let's just enjoy it, enjoy the drama. I hate this. Everything doesn't have to have a message.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: And if you're a filmmaker looking at the lessons of the last few years, what the hell did they tell you? Keep that crap out of your film and you have a chance of doing well. This movie is apparently do I mean, I can't imagine it's that good. But if you're into that kind of you know, disaster flick, I'm sure it holds up that that guy's a big deal these days.
Speaker 2: The Glen guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the ladies want to check him out.
Speaker 1: And but he's not much of an actor. I've seen his movie That's along with Sidney Sweeney. You know, he's he's a good looking kid, good look a guy, but I don't think he's he's not a not a tremendous actor. But you haven't been in the movie Running Away from Twisters whatever. I can see it already, but not even seeing the movie. But eventually I'll see it. But he's not been to get excited over Glenn Powell. The worst name for a movie. St Glenn Powell. No change your name, bro, doesn't work. I don't see that in lights.
Speaker 3: I'm glad he is that even his real name. Maybe he changes thinking Glenn Powell was cool. But wait, let's let's read a little bit about what Mam put rink as to say.
Speaker 2: She's not happy about this. She said that all the facts of pop culture have always had immerse palat articulate changing attitudes, engage empathy and open firmly resistant minds. With mega politicians at every level denying that climate change even exists, real climate legislation is now nearly impossible to pass.
Speaker 1: That's perfect. That's why I should read lefty columns from now on with.
Speaker 2: Out and with the With the Supreme Court determined to quash all executive branch efforts to address the changing climate too, we seem to be at the mercy of artists to see so she's she's passed with the mercy of artists to save us, and the best thing is that the director Lee Isaac Chung said basically, f yourself.
Speaker 1: Yes him shun.
Speaker 3: So he wasn't that concerned about It's not that he I'm not saying this guy's a non believer.
Speaker 2: He might very well be. Ever, I'm just saying that he wasn't gonna put that in his movie.
Speaker 1: Good friend, you can't get too important, Like, look, it's by listeners. Tell me. I hate to use the word listeners or fans.
Speaker 2: I hate that.
Speaker 1: They're just they're friends. We're friends, and they tell me. I just want to come to your show and not have to hear politics. I just want to, you know, just sit back and relax and laugh and you know, like some of us watch reality TV, some of us take a long walk. Whatever is. They don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear a message from a movie. You know what's next, We're gonna have a movie Bad Boys with Martin Lawrence and Will Smith. Do we have to show how easy it is to buy a gun at a gun store or or at a flea market. Enough with the messaging. Just let's enjoy the movie.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, But you know what that guy probably could have for like half a million dollars or less got Greta Tunberg to get stoked up by a freaking but how great would have been for her to show up in this, oh just one scene and get sucked up by it? Oh?
Speaker 1: I would love that credit Thunberg. Yeah, I get the guy a lot of credit because as he's pitching this movie, well, I'm sure he was. I don't know how he got attached to it. Either way, when you're sitting there with big wigs in Hollywood. It's amazing to me that that didn't come up or it was able to sidestep it, because somebody in that room, in those rooms must have said, you're gonna mention climate climate right, I mean this is gonna be and he said no, and they still want to have that movie. That's That's That says a lot about hopefully that Hollywood might be thinking of changing and coming off that stupid point of it on for years of messages.
Speaker 3: Or or his or his money people were very different than than the norm. But what do you think of the mayor Adams in New York?
Speaker 1: I don't like him, and I love cops. I don't like him. He's a former cop, he's a show boat, the guy I was in New Yorker for many years. In the world Giuliani, especially Kotch. They listen. Mayor Adams goes to the opening of an envelope. He has about three hundred suits in his closet. I don't believe the mayor of one of the best cities in America should have three hundred suits. He goes to everything, He goes to parties, just governed. And now the new thing I know you're gonna get to this is he's announced that we're gonna get rid of rats in New York and he's thoughted a rat patrol, right, a rat pack. He has people. I guess they volunteer to do this to try to get rid of rats in New York City, which is virtually impossible when you understand how rats can have so many litters before the age of I don't know one. There's no stopping rats, especially when garbage has ben't picked up in New York City. So this is another stupid little idea he has. It's a catchy thing, rat control, the rat patrol. He's a loser. Mayor Adams has destroyed New York City. It's on his clock, on his watch between him and Hulchell. New York has sunk to a spot. I don't even think of visiting New York anymore. I don't want to go there. And I thought I'd never say that, just turn me off.
Speaker 2: He's following such a complete disaster. Yeah, you would think that.
Speaker 3: The guy that comes in after him, or the woman who comes in after should should It should be not that hard to become popular. I mean, makee a couple of decent decisions. But this thing, I had to read it twice because I was like, man, this sounds like something that if you're trying to be class president in like eighth grade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you'd come up with. Oh, you know, Sally's got a great idea. We're going to clean up the playground and we're going to.
Speaker 3: Get all of the paper waste and other stuff off the playground so everybody can play on a creen clan playground.
Speaker 2: And that's going to be her campaign platform, is cleaning up. It's cleaning up to school.
Speaker 3: Right, she'd win, she'd okay, But when you're mayor of New York City, it's terrible and and you think that you're going to inspire a bunch of people to come on board with your plan to to rid the city, and your big incentive that you are providing to people is swag. If you sign up, you get a hat, a T shirt, a T shirt.
Speaker 1: It's great. Oh, it's great. You listen. I went to years ago. I was I volunteered to go walk through New York City late at night, you know, from am to five am, and there was like a hundred of us and round up a lot of homeless people. I had downtown, Tribeca and the Village area, and you find homeless people sleeping everywhere, and you try to get them place to stay. Did they want to stay someplace? Most people said, get away from me. But at least we tried. While we were doing that, the amount of rats you see, you can't believe what happens when the city sleeps and all the garbages in the street. You look at garbage bags and they're moving as if two babies are having a fist fight. You can't believe something's in there. There's five six rats in one bed. One night, my nephew had to do a fear prep for his acting class. I said, you want to get a fear prep. He wanted to find out how to be scared. We took them to the city. Me and Chico took Jackie to New York City downtown. We walked the streets. Mike, you have no idea. Well, you lived there at night, but everybody's sleeping. The rats all in the city. They look at you like, what are you doing up. We went to a to a bodega and bought my rat traps with Peanutburger set them and we also got water guns with chlorox to them. Were of us were going to kill rats like Ghostbusters. We go down an alleyway, we set the traps. We watched the rats come out and literally take the trap, pick it up a two egs and throw it. It would snap. They'd lick the peanut butter. They're so smart they can fall from twenty story buildings and still walk. They can shoot through concrete. Mayor Adams has no clue what. They flipped the trap back and we shot the clorox at there. We shot the clorox at them and they shook their heads like this is not the Ran.
Speaker 3: Listen to what So if you want to be part of the rat pack, first you have to attend a Department of Health rat Academy, which will teach you safe and effective.
Speaker 2: Rat prevention methods. That's one.
Speaker 3: Then you have to participate. It sounds like you started this way back when you have to participate in a rat walk detailing detailing the rodents' lives in the city, so they take you on some kind of walk to show you how the rats live their lives every day. And finally, then finally you have to host an event that supports clean and rat free conditions, so you can if you can get over those three hurdles. You got your hat and T shirt in your.
Speaker 1: Part right of the fantastic. Yeah, let me tell Mayor Adams something. Oh sorry, go ahead, I want to just tell Mayor Adams some facts about rats. Female rats have about four to six litters every year, and each litter contains about six to twelve pops they're pulled. So in theory, a rat could have up to seventeen litters every year because they can become pregnant again within twenty within forty eight hours of giving birth. So a pair of rats, if you go by these rules, a pair of rats could produce half a billion descendants in three years. Good luck with your rat patrol, Mayor Adams. Let's going nowhere. How about catch criminals a bunch ir legals.
Speaker 3: Those are tough numbers. But even though those are the numbers, Ashley Ashley Byrne, who is the director of New York City Animal Rights GREW, said she's pleased. She's pleased that the mayor's program appears to be focused on non lethal and humane preventative measures, because she says, quote, we are absolutely in favor because it's prevention instead of slaughter. That will be a solution to concerns that New York will be flooded by rats. However, I will say this, we do wish the mayor would stop demonizing rats and in instead and instead take aim at the disgusting people who throw trash on the city streets and subway tracks.
Speaker 1: That's it. That'll do it.
Speaker 2: Idiots demonizing rats.
Speaker 1: Mayor Adams, stop Yeah, I mean, look at rats and roaches are going to be here way after we're gone. You can't get rid of them. And if you lived in New York as you and I have, you see it. No matter how clear you places, how beautiful a building is, they get in and it's a nightmare when they get in.
Speaker 2: Okay, dude, here's my idea. Here's my idea for a forty eight hour period.
Speaker 3: I don't know what we call it, but for forty eight hours in New York City, it is open season on rats and handguns, machine guns, everything is any weapon you want is legal. Just get out there and shoot some freaking rats, and I guarantee you in forty eight hours, Yeah.
Speaker 1: They will, they will get rid of We'll put it thousands, thousands, put.
Speaker 3: A serious stint in it because you get I mean, yeah, well, then you know if you have if you have open season on rats once a quarter, If once a quarter you allow people down the subways shooting them up, you allow you know, wherever you people doing those night walks like you were doing.
Speaker 2: Yes, all you need is all you need is four of those forty eight hour periods a year, and you know the city's quarantine.
Speaker 3: Otherwise you have to stay home if you're not part of the rat kill Yeah, and everybody else is out there rats.
Speaker 1: What's that movie? Not the Plague? What's it called when everybody comes out of the house with guns? And it's like three or four of those movies. My daughter loved them. Either way, you know that that you to put some damage on rats for sure. But we had one year in Long Island, three of our cats died within like thirteen months. Strange. We didn't realize how much they were keeping field mice out of the house. They're really good at that. Well. Suddenly we had mice. Maybe a couple were pregnant. Our house was just, oh my god, it was. It was so we bought a bunch of traps. My father said, we heard cra, cra, crap at least four times an hour. We kept the clean house too. We were so pissed off. We picked up every man they were mice and we hung them up with nooses on a tree in the backyard. There's a picture somewhere in my in my storage. But we killed so many rats. And then one time the dishwasher was a big flood to kitchen and I was said, oh, the dishwasher hose, it broke. We got into the hose. Next sunday did it again. We found that there was a rat down there. We put a bunch of brillo with poison. It ate the brillo. It died. We took it out. It was so big. We never saw a rot like this Long Island with the tail that probably was twelve inches with the tail. I picked up his little cross stick, Mike. I went to cross the street to Bayview Elementary School and I flung it like midfielder told the school. The next day there were like three trucks. There were three extermination trucks at BAVY. They thought the rat was a Bayview problem, but it was our problem. And they ever got cats back and no more mice. But they're just mice and rats that are never going to leave us. But I liked your idea. I like going down with a gun and shooting them up.
Speaker 3: People in New York think they know what rats are. Grab your take your phone for a second and google Neutria rat.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know people eat them down by View. Okay.
Speaker 3: So I had never heard of such a thing, right, And we moved down here, and about a month into living here, yeah, I was walking down the street to the store that's just down the street, and and like ten feet in front of me, this thing just crosses the sidewalk and goes comes out of the yard, crosses the sidewalk and goes over by a tree.
Speaker 2: And I thought it was a dog.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 2: I just see it and thought it was a dog. And so as I walk, I'm walking by the tree. I turned my head. The thing just looks right at me, like, what are you doing here?
Speaker 3: It was easily I might have been it might have been thirty pounds Jesus. And I'm like, what the hell was that? And I grab a picture. I get my phone, I get a picture of the thing because I'd never seen it. And then the guys tell me, now, but here's the difference alound here around here. Number one, it's now open carry. So when I first moved here, you can on which I which I did, but you can excuse me. It's you can conceal carric So yeah, you can. You can walk around with it. So if if I'm to see a nutrient again, I am free, and I'm free and clear to just shoot that MS right right there. And they actually pay you. Oh that's good, actually pay you for the tails, because to prove that you killed one, really to show up with the tail. Because they they're not indigenous, and they do so much damage.
Speaker 2: They can harm so many other things.
Speaker 1: They eat the levees, they they they weakened foundations and reservoirs and stuff. They're they're nasty, but there are cluding to some shows. What's that swamp show on TV? People love them down south.
Speaker 2: They never heard I'm never heard of eating it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean these are real backwards people. They love their squirrel and new Yeah. Put them in a cast iron pan.
Speaker 4: And you know I don't so but wood Overton, who I I do my other he's probably what he's a big big outdoorsman here.
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 3: He doesn't eat nutrient. He eat He'll get squirrel, rabbit, all that stuff, but he won't.
Speaker 2: He doesn't do it.
Speaker 1: I tried rabbit. I love it. It's very white, it's very white meat. But I could. I've had it once. An Italian. It's an Italian thing. It's made of a certain sauce. It was okay, I'll never read it again. But they're too cute. Nutrient are not cute.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: We had we had a lot of muskratch, remember muskrats. Muskrats in low Alum. We had one in the canal. They could have walked up your backyard. The big teeth possums on a line. Yeah, the big possums I see all the time. There's one living about my door in Hollywood, and a bordered via vine that would look at me every time I came home. I can't look at them. But they're harmless too, possums. They just they're good. They're good little animals. They love their The kids are clinging to them all as bellies. They're walking across the street. They just I don't like rodents. I just don't like them. But nutria. The only people that kill nutria are humans and bold eagles. They don't have many predators. So if you could shoot one.
Speaker 3: Who knew?
Speaker 2: Who knew?
Speaker 1: Aj?
Speaker 2: Was going to end up being in nutrient?
Speaker 1: Can't watch this show?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have called.
Speaker 1: You know, if you watch the swamp show on TV, Swamp whatever it is, the people live on the swamp and they've left their jobs. It's an interesting show. Left the corporate world to live on the land, you know, on a piece of wood. They make it to a boat. They live out there. They find their food, they forage and these guys eat nutrient like it's still in the style. Get me started.
Speaker 2: Who knew? Who knew? Well?
Speaker 3: So moving right along. I stumbled upon this, I think in the New York coast, and I thought man Aj and I should have thought it. We should have done this. Why didn't we think of this. It's so just a fast fall up the middle for us. But a family in Brooklyn has created well, they're they're Italian folks that are championing social media creators in the Italian American community around New York City.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's too uh.
Speaker 3: It's two siblings, Sabino and Michelle Criscio and their cousin Rocco, and they run this thing called Growing Up Italian.
Speaker 2: They've been doing it since twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: I see it.
Speaker 3: They've got two point one million followers for their stuff, and they do all of these, you know, little viral slices of Italian life, right right, So.
Speaker 2: You you've actually been following these guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a few of that. There's like about ten influence service. I subscribe to all of them. I see that one guy they called Pug, he does recipes. It's thoughted out with this guy. Not one of the guys's little mom Mozadella. He's funny. He's the guy that walks around going hi, you down. Everything's hid you down. And these guys have gotten somebody restaurants involved. They never paid for a meal. The guy Kush cooks at his kitchen. He sounds like andredized play. There's another girl called I think she's an Italian princess. She's about twenty years old. She goes to every Italian spot on Long Island in New York and what it's for you, and what tells you what she's eating. They have gone bananas with this, So you're right. I do get pissed off that. I guess I'm too old to have even thought of this. But these guys are youngsters and they're going bananas with this. Everything about Italian Americans, it's some of it's fun, some of it's stupid, but overall it's nice that they have such pride in being Italian.
Speaker 3: I got a kick out of some of it. Not they had one guy, they had a stupid shit. They had one guy, sal VALENTINEI who made it to the finals.
Speaker 2: Of The Voice.
Speaker 1: Oh I know that. I didn't know that really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this, oh not the Voice, America's Got Talent. He made it to the finals of America's Got Talent and he does Italian crews.
Speaker 2: So he's he does demons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, stuff, so like you.
Speaker 3: Know, fifteen second snippets of cell A Luna, that that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're making they're making money. These kids look at I think it's because you know, if you start social media young. God, if I had this back of the day, when I had like a bit of fame, my numbers would be huge. But I didn't really prescribe to it. I didn't really want to be on Twitter all that shit. Now it's like people are making such businesses at this that I applaud them and at the same time that they're showing you Italian American culture. Some of it is very weird to me, but a lot of it brings a bell. The way we talk about the dead people in our lives, uh bonanimo. We always say before we mentioned somebody who's dead. There's another phrase that I haven't heard in years. Jivitdean. Givit dean was always it means like if God wants and you'd say, okay, I see you later. Jivity. It's always like religious god wan And I remember being a young kid two three, my grandmother has just saints on her wall, saints statue, rosary beats. It was endless. It was it was a frightening room. But that I mean, we're far away from that. But you know, many fifty sixty years ago. That's what it was like growing up with Italian relatives. It's a good culture. It's a crazy culture. I wouldn't I wouldn't trade it for any of the culture in the world.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we should reach out to these guys and uh yeah, the cursios and see about a little little mash up there.
Speaker 2: I know you're.
Speaker 1: You're doing a I got tertul you could tell you're Rachel. You could tell today Thursday at six Eastern time. I've done a show before. Rachel you can Tell. Is interesting because we all were introduced to her because her fiance died in nine to eleven and she made the cover of I think the New York Post holding his picture and she was just crying her eyes out and that was a very famous cover in New York. Exemplified how we all felt. Then she was found. She got famous for dating Tiger Woods. She was involved in nightlife in New York and I guess Florida, I believe and Tiger founder and we all know that story. Now she's this latest incarnation and she's a podcast. It's a decent show. She has some pretty interesting guests. I've done the show three or four times. We never ran into each other in New York. I don't know how, but we never did. But I liked her in the show. She's okay, I like it, but my phollow was sideways. I just told her, I said, my photo is coming up sideways. Hopefully I'll fix it by the time we chat. But we'll see what I can do.
Speaker 3: I don't know well, And folks, if the show sounds a little weird, like I said, we spent forty five minutes trying to get the platform we usually use, which is called riverside, to work right, and we couldn't, so we moved over to zoom. And I can tell there have been a couple of places where the audio is not gonna.
Speaker 1: If you still live in La I could have walked to your house with my laptop. We could have fixed it in a second. But over the over the phone, I don't know if without you saying the laptop, I don't know what it's going.
Speaker 2: Well, that laptop's got some mile with Johnny that's about five years old.
Speaker 3: So you did replace, okay, So I'm thinking of the old old one, all right, not so bad, all right.
Speaker 2: So I'm wondering if we get into the next thing we're gonna go. We could go forever.
Speaker 1: I think if we did Trump Kamala or mainly just the way that well, we could just say this because there's so many angles, but I'll say this. Kamala Harris we know has been incompetent for almost four years. More because we know her previous jobs and occupations. She didn't do much of those. She did nothing with Biden. She was the Border's art how these and now this thing she isn't never was the board. That's bullshit. She always was. She's incompetent, she's stupid, Nobody likes her. She'd never want a primary, and now they're making around to be the second coming of Teddy Roosevelt. It's never gonna happen. Trump is going to destroy her on a debate stage. Destroyer And I get sick and tired of seeing white guys from Kamala. It's it's newk magazine has there sitting on top of coconut? Is that because she's from Jamaica or dad was Jamaican?
Speaker 2: Well the headline is come a lot.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, we have a Kennedy in the race and they're not using it for him. Look and if you see this, and I know you can. I want to be on the phone call in the morning that all these people on the left in the media take. I know there's a phone call. I know there's a huge phrase.
Speaker 2: It's political's playbook. They get the political play.
Speaker 1: They get the playbook to say Jad Advance is weird. They put on your TV and everyone is saying they're just weird. They were weird. If they do this every time, I want to be a fly on the wall to hear that phone call or read the memo or something. At least they have an idea of what they want to do coming into battle. We're just sitting near Trump fans saying he did the job once we were all right, there were no wars, we had money in our pockets. Inflication wasn't as bad. Now that act like he's a novice. He's never done this before. The guy aced the job the first time. In my eyes, bring him back simple. Almost died for the country. He might die for the country. And by the way, the news stories i'm reading out about this kid, crooks that he was targeting, buying weapons from up to two years, manufacturing a profile about this kid. I don't know what to believe he looks like the nerd in high school everybody avoid or picked on. Now he's turning into some kind of mastermind who looked up where Trump's going to be, where Biden's going to be, where European leaders are going to be. They're making this kid out to be just a murderer on the loose. I don't think any of it's true. I just don't. I think this guy is a Lee Harvey Oswald. He was programmed somehow, maybe during that black Rock commercial where the black Rock came to his school. I don't know, but I don't believe this kid could do all this image. I just don't. And if you open that gate, we're gonna be on the phone for three hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I'm not. I'm not much for any of the conspiracy theories that are better being thrown around. But as far as the race goes, it is amazing. It is amazing that things could turn so freaking quickly. I mean, you go from the disaster of the debate to the failed assassination, to the Supreme Court rulings, to these that the euphoria of the convention, or at least the seeming euphoria then and within days the.
Speaker 2: The actual assassination, which was the assassination of Biden.
Speaker 1: Happens, and then and.
Speaker 3: Then a week later, the polls are back to where they were before the debate. Don't believe it's absolutely crazy.
Speaker 2: And the people who.
Speaker 3: Told you the night of the debate that he had to go, that they had never seen anything like this, that they had been lied to all along by the protectors, and and everybody that surrounded uh, the surrounded Biden, that they knew, they knew none of this. And those people can can look the camera in the eye a couple of weeks later and start spitting out, just spewing this absolute crop.
Speaker 2: I mean just absolutely Look, there's.
Speaker 3: It gets bad at times on the on the right, and the sycophants on the on the Trump side spew a lot of crap two, but never never has it been as ridiculous as the crap that we are seeing right now. And there's just there's no way you can keep that up. I mean, I just don't know how you can. You had one hundred days, ninety seven days, whatever is left to keep spewing absolute ridiculous bullshit. The only thing is, you know it's but first of all, if it wasn't for Musk buying Twitter. God, the selection is already over and she wins. And the only counterbalance at all out there is the fact that at least one platform is a free speech platform. The others are all I mean, and people are starting to realize. You know, I went through this the other day and I was blown away because I you know, I used to be a your student of the ratings and radio and television and knew them all pretty well. But I haven't watched it in five or more years, and I couldn't believe the numbers that these top cable news shows are getting. MSNBC's number one show has like one hundred and sixty thousand viewers. They're the eighteenth ranked cable network with an average of one hundred and sixteen thousand viewers.
Speaker 2: When one hundred and sixteen thousand viewers when Stern was in his heyday, he had four million.
Speaker 1: Dude, a million. I had a million people on mysteries and scandals every week. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: So no longer, none of the stuff.
Speaker 3: The only stuff that matters that's happening on television and cable television is the stuff that gets successfully repurposed and packaged as digital and then and then influencers get in front of it and and you know, present it actively online. Google just plays the other side and prevents anybody from seeing anything they don't want anybody to see.
Speaker 1: You couldn't look up as assassination the other day. It wouldn't come up. I rather couldn't try it.
Speaker 2: You couldn't. You couldn't get the picture.
Speaker 1: That's what I meant.
Speaker 2: You couldn't get the picture.
Speaker 3: And it wouldn't be predictive element where you know, if you're typing and it finishes a sentence for you would never finish a sentence with assassination with Trump if you started it with the assassinations.
Speaker 1: Also took the flag out of some pictures to the flag behind it was taken out of some photos.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's really bad. It's really really bad.
Speaker 3: Right now, you can a bunch of people online, well on Twitter are showing you, are showing you different things that they're trying to do on Instagram and on Facebook and on TikTok, especially because well there's nobody rooting harder for Kamala than the Chinese.
Speaker 1: And I got rid of it because of that reason. I don't have TikTok anymore. I refuse to look at it.
Speaker 3: Well, but here's the thing is, if you're not you're not gonna know what they're looking at. Look, I look at all of these things I watched. When I watch news, I watch a spread of eight channels at once, and then we'll just click in and out of stuff. I care about scanning all kinds of hashtags and following people that. I mean, you can't figure out who I am politically because it looks like I'm everybody.
Speaker 2: But you got to see it. You got to see it from all sides. And they're polluting it so bad.
Speaker 3: But I was just looking at There's a company called Pew, which does a lot of really good research, and this just came out saying seventy one percent The data is from twenty three but the study just came out seventy one percent of people get their news from search engines, So you don't really get it from the search engine. You first turned to the search engine to say what happened in the Olympics yesterday?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sixty seven percent of people get their news from either news apps or websites, and most of those are liberal sources. Fifty percent of people get their news from social media apps or websites, so that's where.
Speaker 2: Your Facebook, Insta and TikTok come in. And thirty percent of people say they're getting their news.
Speaker 3: First from podcasts, well first or often. So that's the that's the world that matters. And she's got two hundred and fifty million dollars to go exploit all of that. And the way they exploit it is by cutting deals with influencers, and so they're buying the loyalty of all these influencers out there to go promote the craft. So as stupid as the crap is that MSNBC or CNN has on these shows, it it's at this point the danger of it is that the influencer who just got paid thirty thousand dollars by the by the Harris campaign is taking that bit of stupidity from Jensaki or whoever it is and using the power of their following, which.
Speaker 2: Maybe millions, millions and millions, to propagate it. And that's a lot of voices doing that.
Speaker 1: So you know, I used to get my news from from Walter Kronkarit not little moment Sorella on Instagram. People have to wise up. You know, you can't trust all the media, but there's still some good people out there, particularly independent journalists have their hands on things. Laura Loomer is somebody I returned to a lot. She has a certain style. Remember you and I talk. She almost had a podcasts. I want to do all the work. I'm glad she did because she's really uncovering some stuff that we may not have known about. But find independent journalists like you know, Ty, and these guys are just and women who do tremendous work. That's what the news is. It's not on Instagram, it's not on Facebook, it's not on TikTok. It's not an AI voice either. Let's just get back to BASEB.
Speaker 3: Just just make sure what happens if you if you open yourself up to all of it, and you're taking it now.
Speaker 2: Not everybody has the time to invest in that.
Speaker 3: But if you open yourself up to all of it and expose yourself to all of it, it becomes obvious who's exactly who's got actual facts on things right, and who's reading from a script. And you know, yesterday great example you gave, I just can't I think it was two hundred and something Times yesterday that between CNN and MSNBC they used weird to describe Jadie Vance. First of all, that's if you're gonna come up with a word that's like what was it on Mean Girls when they were trying to make fetch happens?
Speaker 2: They're trying to make weird happen. Weird?
Speaker 1: Is you? Yeah? Weird?
Speaker 2: Weird?
Speaker 3: Is Pete boodhaj Edge and the all these other people that are part of the ministry weird?
Speaker 1: Isn't him?
Speaker 2: No, come up with a different word that.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you could, you could talk about you could, You could definitely talk about him and be critical. Absolutely, I am as well. There's something about JD. Evans that remind me more of a of a religious speaker on Sunday Morning TV. I think when he has the pulpit to himself, he could resemble those type of people. What he's doing with Trump. I'm not so sure if he could do it over again, maybe Trump would have taken Tulsey, maybe would have balanced things out better. Van seems to be hurting him, but not for anything he's actually said yet and done. The victoril and hatred doesn't make sense, and the word weird you're all idiots for thinking this is a new cutting Edu Wady to describe him figure something out was out getting Look there, they're out something else.
Speaker 2: But they're out there with they're out there with the cat lady style. Look he I said it at the time.
Speaker 3: So you and I talked about it, and I said, you know, dangerous pick because Trump's overconfident and that could blow up in his face. And I had no idea that this would go the direction it's gone.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 3: The betting odds, now, let's see Trump. This is real clear politics. Combine all posts.
Speaker 2: Trump is.
Speaker 3: Minus one fifty seven, so you have to bet one hundred and fifty seven dollars on Trump to win one hundred. Harris is plus one thirty nine. So if you bet one hundred, you win one hundred and thirty nine, which is that's come. That's come. Trump still favored, but that's come back a lot from where it was with You.
Speaker 1: Can better this too. You know, my buddy bet on the My buddy bet on this. I forgot that the place to bet Polly something. But my buddy who I do poker with, he was talking up Kamlala Harris the other day and on the studio, and I said, what are you doing? What the what the fuck got into you? He goes, No, honestly, I got great odds on her about three weeks two weeks ago, he said. And the thing was like she was like plus one sixty or something like that. He said. Me and my buddy put up put ten grand in and then pad is one hundred and forty eight thousand for her to win. I said, now I understand why you're trumpeting her because you know you got money on it. Because if I didn't have money on it, i'd have to you know, I wouldn't talk. I said, we I'm gonna make some trump that's to hedge it. So if you get odds like that and you got a bunch of money to do nothing with.
Speaker 3: YEA, with those numbers, those numbers, those numbers don't make sense. They must they must have done it before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't step down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it had to be much high. It might have been like plus sixteen hundred. It would have to be a plus sixteen hundred to win that much money betting that much. But but anyway, it's it's.
Speaker 1: A big it's a big pay day. Whatever the hell the numbers were was a big payday if she wins, and they're gonna split the money obviously. But look, it's it's all gonna be. It's all gonna come home. The chickens have come home to roost. When we see them on the debate stage, and you'll see how flustered Kamala Harris is and how she cannot debate a man. It's gonna be horrifying for them to watch this. I can't my hobbies. How they spinning this her performance on the debate stage. This woman's not want anything.
Speaker 2: Dude. The bar is gonna be so low. The bar is going to be so low.
Speaker 3: Don't do not get over confident about the bar low questions being fed.
Speaker 2: That's not her weakness. I mean she's she's always been able to do that. She's a trained litigator.
Speaker 1: She can't speak, she makes no sense when she talks.
Speaker 3: OK, she's she doesn't have original thoughts, but she can be programmed when she knows what the slate of questions are, and unlike Joe, she can deliver them articulately. And she's not gonna push over in a in a debate for Trump that that's gonna be somewhat close and he's he's got to look at this point and again, no Trump fan. I'm rooting for him because she is much much, much more damaging to the future of this country than he can ever be. But but he's got to be disciplined. He's he's he's got a stick script. He can't be running his comedy tour and give a bunch of stuff to the to the other guys to throw around because they have armies and.
Speaker 2: Armies and armands that are that are out there.
Speaker 3: Working every angle on this stuff. So anyway, well, uh, well, we'll warn everyone to to not listen to the last ten minutes if they don't like it. Politic heavily.
Speaker 2: But anyway, hopefully the audio was not too bad here.
Speaker 3: Folks will try and figure out what the heck is going on with right with the riverside before we record episode twelve.
Speaker 2: But thanks dude, good luck to uh to Rachel. For me, she was a big fan.
Speaker 1: Oh good there she was, all right, buddy, Well you never know. I'll bring her up. Maybe, well she's married now, I think she married some rich lawyer. She's I haven't forgout she's going that way.
Speaker 2: All right, We'll see you guys, next week.
Speaker 1: Thanks for everybody you got. I can leave. Yes,