Speaker 1: Welcome to the number one radio health talk show in America, The Doctor Bob Martin Show. Doctor Martin is a chiropractic physician, a board certified clinical nutritionist, and diplomat of the American Academy of Anti Aging Medicine. The information presented on this show is educational in nature. Please consult your personal healthcare provider regarding health issues. You may have got a health related problem or challenge, not feeling well and you just don't know where to turn or what to do. Doctor Bob Martin is here for you and will do his very best to answer your health question. The tone free number to ask Doctor Martin a health question or to make a health related comment is eight hundred six oh six eighty eight twenty two. Eight hundred six oh six eighty eight twenty two. That's eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two. It's the Doctor Bob Martin.
Speaker 2: So yes it is, and it continues to be my privilege and honor to be with you today because long ago I answered my chosen calling and talent, which is all about giving help and assistance to people who are sick and infirm, and giving help to people who don't want to get sick or infirm. It's awesome. It's fabulous to participate in a radio forum or see people tune in to get healthy naturally, and will people tune in to get well, to stay better, to stay healthy. Welcome, Welcome to this hour of the Doctor Bob marts and show him Doctor Bob, and doctor Adam Brockman is also with us today.
Speaker 3: Good day to you, doctor Brockman.
Speaker 4: Hi, Doctor Bob, and hello listeners.
Speaker 2: All right, fantastic, glad you're here because you have got a lot of news to share with our audience coming up a little bit later in the show, and we're also going to get to our Doctor Bob Martin show caller hotline phone numbers or phone calls, I should say, but let me give out the phone number for people who have health questions on their mind and they want to call in and get some assistance, get answers. You have two licensed physicians who are willing, able and ready to help you out. You just dial in and drop off the question. We listen to them and then we respond on a future show. That number eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two the website for emails and news from around the globe. Podcast libraries all over there at doctor bob dot com spelling out the word doctor docto r bob dot com. Remember that total free number one eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two to have your health related questions answered. All right, now, we're going to begin with a conversation about protein. Too much protein ingested by human beings can actually shorten a person's lifespan. Now, I know, you know a lot of people are really dialed into this conversation because the purveyors of protein supplementation and all of that, and these high protein diets have pretty much brainwashed our nation to believing that we're all protein deficient and if we don't eat it, we'll die. I think the average person in the United States gets way too much protein. And for the latest retreaded high protein diet fad knockoffs. You've heard of them, Keto, Carnivore, Atkins, Doucan Paleo, and you hear about these, and you watch these reality shows Naked and Afraid, survivor Alone Man Versus Wild outlasts.
Speaker 3: They're all on television.
Speaker 2: I've seen some of them, of course, and the first thing that happens day one when they're foraging around after their appetites starting to increase because they haven't eaten or drank anything. Oh, I gotta get protein or I'm gonna die. I gotta get calories.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna die. It's always about protein. I'm gonna die.
Speaker 2: Never about fat, never about carbs, Always about protein. Which, as a Board certified Clinical Nutrition Double Board certified Clinical nutrition, I just shake my head and I think, geez, congratulations to the purveyors of protein. They really got people brainwashed on this, and really a lot of people don't realize they're sabotaging their overall health by eating way too much protein. I'm not alone in this, doctor Joseph Anton. He also is a believer and is trying to get the message out that eating too much protein could actually shorten your life span, shorten it.
Speaker 3: He's a longevity expert, but he is not alone.
Speaker 2: Experts are now revealing how protein habits might impact your lifespan more than you think. Protein, of course, is an essential nutrient for optimal health and well being, and between a variety of le meats, hopefully organic eggs, beans, nuts, seeds, and even vegetables have protein in them, and so much more to choose from in the diet. There are a lot of options when it comes to sourcing protein. Unfortunately, though, an over consumption of protein can actually sabotage your health and longevity efforts. That according to Harvard trained physician Healthy Aging expert doctor Joseph Anton, who also has a master's degree in Public Health policy MD and a PhD behind his name, so he's a very learned individual. He knows about this stuff. He says, an I quote, consuming excessive protein, particularly excess animal protein sources, raises up. Get this, now here's the money shot raises up IGF one levels.
Speaker 3: IGF one levels.
Speaker 2: You don't need to know what that is a lot of it, even though it stands for insulin growth factor insulin growth factor one. Basically it's a hormone that plays a crucial role in the growth and cellular proliferation, and excessive intake of protein will be converted, by the way, just so you know, to sugar in the body and stored its fat and place a big time strain on your kidneys, your liver, your bones, and your digestive system and your heart. So when you get more, you know, it's one of these things where the purveyors of these high protein diets, if a little is good, a lot's better, take more, please. I mean, it's amazing to me how they get away with this. But those of us who understand the body physiology know better than that. Yes we need protein, Yes it's quintessential as a macro food element, but we get too much of it. But what does the science behind the negative effects of eating too much protein?
Speaker 3: Say?
Speaker 2: Well, how about this IGF one? How's it affecting us?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: The longevity experts are concerned that a great number of Americans may be consuming way too much protein based on what reality of all these questions, questions that experts are finally asking, including the best approach to eating the right amount of protein. That's what it's about. Get the right amount, don't get more. You know, more is better because it's going to put an imbalance onto your body and it's going to increase his IGF one, insulin like growth hormone that could actually undermine your health and shorten your lifespan, and in the process of that stress certain vital organs and glands that you may not realize. Excessive amount of this particular hormone, IGF one, is harmful to your longevity, and it promotes cellular growth over repair, meaning increasing the risk of mutations, decreasing what is called atophagy, a cellular cleanup process the key to healthy aging, and it increases the risk of chronic diseases. That according to doctor Anton, MDPHD, foods that are high in animal proteins such as eggs and meat and even milk, stimulate this IGF one level, meaning that the more you eat, the more you risk increasing this hormone. That when it's in excess, it actually shortens your lifespan. And I might also add it increases fat in the body. And we'll get to this IGF thing, because there's something related to this.
Speaker 3: You remember.
Speaker 2: About a week ago it was announced that former President Joe Biden has been diagnosed with an extreme challenge with prostate cancer. This relates to it, folks. We'll get to that a little bit later. But while it's essential in childhood of course to have protein and adulthood for muscle repair, chronically elevated levels of this hormone IGF one and adults has been linked to an accelerated biological aging and therefore an increased risk of age related conditions, all kinds of them that according to this doctor Anton, who's an MDPHD. He says, I call this condition diabetes of protein, whereby this high IGF level perpetuated by excessive protein intake ages the body way beyond what the muscles actually require. And that's, ladies and gentlemen, where the problem begins. We're eating way too much protein, especially when you on top of the diet that you're taking in with the protein, you're on top of that taking tons of animal protein powders in, which can also exacerbate the problem. Now, granted, there are needs of protein when certain things happen. If people who are more active need more protein, people who are lifting weights and doing resistance training. Children as they're growing, they may require a little bit more protein. Older adults may require a little bit of extra protein for sure, or you're going through something like a burn, getting over a burn or something. Of course, protein is important's in a sense nutrient. So a well balanced plant forward approach is really where it's at. You got to know that you have options. You have options in the form of plant proteins. But these people out there, these people who are interpreting this that protein just because it satiates our appetite, you should eat more of it. And you have people on the television that are selling something like the Chainsmoker, Jennifer Aniston habitual weight loss deceiver, and Oprah Winfrey same thing. You don't know where to go or what to do. But I'm here to tell you that you're probably getting enough protein. You're probably eating way too many sugars in your diet. They should be removed, and too many refined carbohydrates and ultra processed foods. Yes, they should be curved back or cut out. But the protein situation, that's a whole other thing. We'll get doctor Adam Rockmanduayan on this. Stay tuned on Doctor Bob Martin.
Speaker 1: You need.
Speaker 2: Yes, your food is your medicine first and foremost welcome or welcome back to this hour the Doctor Bob Martin Show. We thank you for tuning into the program. Doctor Adam Brockman joining me here now to talk about this first subject that we covered, uh the issue of too much protein in a person's diet can shorten their lifespan. Big article that was authored by doctor Anton who's a medical doctor, PhD, master's degree expert on this topic. He's saying, hey, look, folks, you eat too much protein, it will come back to haunt you in the form of accelerated expression of a hormone called IGF one, insulin like growth factor one, and that hormone is of course crucial in growth and cell proliferation, but when it's tapped into too often, it can create problems.
Speaker 3: Doctor Adam Brockman, what say.
Speaker 4: You, sir, Yeah, Well, it's important to have protein in the diet. We all need it. We do. The American diet is over consuming it. And when that happens, it's it's hard on the body to process this protein, so you end up with kidney strain. It's a product, a byproduct of protein metabolism is urea, and if you have too much of that, it's it and you have a pre existing kidney condition. It's really really puts a strain on those kidneys. Also, dehydration. With this processing of protein in the body, the body requires more water to eliminate the waste products, and then you have you have a lot of issues with dehydration. And here's something that I don't think anybody thinks about is with bone health. And there's studies out there that suggest that when you have a high protein intake, particularly those from animal sources, it may lead to an increase in calcium, extreme excretion in urine, which is taken from the bones itself. So that was something that I found was interesting when I read some of those studies. There's other ones too, digestive issues, nutrient imbalances, And how about this one the weightlifters, the bad breath syndrome with that the protein. Yeah, you know, so those that's an automatic signal that you're getting way too much protein in your diet when you have bad breath associated with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you see a weightlifter chewing gum, you'll know why stay out of that range of that wafting through the air. Rot that's coming out, which is fermented protein that's rotting in their gut coming back up the other direction.
Speaker 3: Not good. No, Look, this show is not anti protein.
Speaker 2: We're propro it's, however, needs to be balanced. And when you have these crazy off the map, excessive you know, fads that are running, we need to come in and intervene on it by basically trying to help people better understand where they're coming from and where they're usually coming from is they're usually pimping their books in some manner. Yes, there's no question even with a high protein diet, initially, oh you're gonna lose weight, You're gonna lose water weight. It's a very successful way to satiate your diet, and it's very necessary to satiate your diet so that you your brain and your gut axis understands that you've met your nutritional needs. But what happens is people get the message that if a little is good, a lot more is better for you. And that couldn't be further from the truth when it comes to taking in excess in protein, which most Americans do, but they also take in way too many carbs and too much sugar. That's where the biggest problem is in my mind. And secondary to that, of course, they're trying to slam the protein because they don't think they get enough eating. You know, bacon for breakfast, hamburgers for lunch, and steak for dinner.
Speaker 3: Oh that's not enough.
Speaker 2: Let's get the way protein out here and start dumping it on our salads and making those smoothies that have like fifty grams in every smoothie. And now we have kidneys that are crying. We have bones that are deteriorating. We have this IGF one insulin growth factor like one hormone off the map, increasing the risk of well, the big C and shortening one's lifespan.
Speaker 3: So what do you do?
Speaker 2: What do you learn? Well, first of all, it's all about moderation. It's all about reasonableness. It's all about not getting sucked into those fads that somebody is pimping their book or now pimping their own private line of supplements related to whatever it is messaging that they're doing.
Speaker 3: That's what you got to stay away from.
Speaker 2: And just to give you kind of an idea, ladies and gentlemen, on protein.
Speaker 3: Intake, the dietary guidelines of it children.
Speaker 2: For example, children between the ages of four and eight, they need about nineteen grams of total protein today.
Speaker 3: How do you base that?
Speaker 2: Well, let's say an egg has like six grams of protein in.
Speaker 3: It one egg.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's sort of like the gold standard of how we measure protein. Four to eight years of age, children nine to thirteen about thirty four grams of protein. See how it's going up. And the older you get, the larger you get, and the more active you get. Of course, that's when things start to happen. Females fourteen years of age and older about forty six grams. Males fourteen to eighteen fifty two grams of protein. Why, because males carry more muscle mass, need higher requirements of protein. Males nineteen years of age and older about fifty six grams of protein per day.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: And some of these males that are in their nineteen twenties and their twenties and they're in the gym, they're slamming one hundred to two hundred grams of protein a day because well, somebody told them to, you know, a book, an influencer on the internet that have no knowledge of anything besides whatever it is they're trying to sell you. Yes, if you're weightlifting in the gym there, does you do require more protein. You're ripping more muscle, there's more damage and trauma to the muscle. You need more protein there. Pregnancy, in lectation, more protein. Older people need more protein, no question about it. But not to the extent that you're going to create a problem with escalating this IGF one insulin like growth hormone, which is a hormone that's crucial to growth and sell proliferation. But with anything, just like water, if you get too much, you can drown. Just like water, you get too much of this insulin growth factor one being excreted, made and stimulated. It accelerates aging process. And most people doctor Brockman, I dare say, are going to be.
Speaker 3: Going, WHOA what.
Speaker 2: I've never heard that before. I didn't know that. I thought more. You can't get enough protein. You can't eat enough protein. There's no possible side effects of taking in too much protein because that which you don't use, you just sort of like defecated. Is that your knowledge? Is that the kind of feedback that you get from your patients and your understanding, Doctor Brocklin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's hard to process proteins, so it takes more work for the body to do that. So so in terms of aging a little bit more rapidly. Yeah, if if all you are eating is uh or is a protein diet, then than you cause it does cause for concern. It's a good mix of I know we talk about it often. Those those good healthy fats like are found in salmon and omego threes. We need those type of things, and there it can't be just protein. And I know you mentioned the plant based proteins and if if you're not getting uh that that combination of all of them together, which do it is occur? It does occur during uh when you eat animal products, you get that complete protein. The plant based proteins are usually a combination of those and they they're easier for the body to digest and healthier option overall for most people instead of bacon and and those type of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I you the worst case. The worst case scenario is the guy that hears the you know, he sees a commercial in television. He's a couch straddler, He's got the channel changer in his hand, and he says, okay, oh, I see a product there and my beer belly, my gut. I just I'll just take this protein. I'll take this protein powder, stir of, stirred and some milk or some juice. Remain on the couch, just taking in more protein. That's the worst case scenario. He's not doing anything to increase muscle mass so that he has those burners, those metabolic burners in the mitochondria of his body to burn the calories that he needs. That's the worst case scenario. So protein's good, ladies and gentlemen, Excess protein not so good. Don't get too much. Find a clinical nutritisness who's not trying to sell you something, but giving you the right amount you need for yourself.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Are you waiting for the right excuse?
Speaker 3: Are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Site?
Speaker 7: Choose? Why are you waiting?
Speaker 4: If the time is.
Speaker 7: SPA and five es find type.
Speaker 3: In phone what are you info? Hi?
Speaker 2: Welcome you back to the Doctor Bob Martin Show with me as doctor Adam Brockman.
Speaker 3: Co host and executive producer of the program. He's with us.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get to your phone calls, your health related phone calls, and your comments very shortly. And if you have a health question about your own self or somebody else in your life, and you want to call into the program to get the information you seek, you may do so on our nationwide toll free number. That number shot it down. You never know when you're gonna need it, maybe right now. Eight hundred six zero six eight eight two to two. Eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two is the number. The only bad health question is the one you're not asking, So call in one eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two. And you can also send an email if you like as well through the website doctor Bob dot com, d oct O r Bob dot com. Now we're gonna get to your calls momentarily, doctor Brockman and I will in just a minute. But first this, I want you to know that regular toothpaste and I've used it all over my lifetime. Probably you have two. I'm talking about the big ones. You all were recognized because you've seen commercials your entire life, Crest, Colgate, thorough Breath, Sensi, dine Rembrand.
Speaker 3: It's all out there.
Speaker 2: I just challenge you to read the label the back of the box when you're in the short in the store shopping, or maybe you have one in your home right now. Read the label and see all those long syllable ingredients in there, most of which are not healthy for you in the long run.
Speaker 3: Don't do it.
Speaker 2: Simplify your life. It's not that hard those ingredients. I don't even know where to go, but I can tell you this. I learned years and years ago by experts in the dental field, in the medical field PhDs that using a dental program that helps to get rid of the bad stuff and allows the good stuff to stay in the oral cavity is the best way to go. And that program that I went through to learn in seminars is the Spry Dental Defense System. I sat there and listened to dental researchers and dentists, dmds and dds's and all these researchers about how spry Spry toothpaste and spry mouth rints will zap the bad guys in the oral cavity. That would be the strip mutans, which are the guys that can destroy the enamel on your teeth, wreck your gums, and create all this havoc in your oral cavities, sending inflammation to other parts of your body. Once I started that program, my dental hygienist and dentis started to notice My oral cavity health got a lot better, and it can for you too. The Spray Dental Defense system comes in delicious flavors including peppermint, cinnamon, and spearment and the secret sauce ladies and gentlemen. The science behind this has to do with xylotol. Xylotol is used by millions of people Xylotol is a plant based ingredient in the Spry Spry tooth based and mouth rins. They also have by the way, gum and mints. It's any cavity, anti plaque, any bad news the next time you're in the dental hygienis chair or the dental office, So get to the clean healthy mouth so that your dental provider is going to be impressed and you're going to have squeaky clean teeth, gums and breath. Use Sprie Dental Defense. You can find it at CBS and write aid pharmacies, target vitamin shops, sprouts, natural grocers, and for more information you can go directly to their website. At Clear that's x L e AR the X and Clear stands for xyla t Hal. They're the fine makers of the nasal sprays, the Clear Nasal spray family, the ones I love and use too, so Spray Dental Defense and the Clear Nasal Sprays over at Clear dot com. All right, Doctor Brockman, we have people that we need to help out that are callers into the Doctor Bob Martinshall Caller Hotline at one eight hundred and six zero six eighty eight twenty two I'm gonna let you start that off.
Speaker 4: All right. First up, we got hey, we have Joan from Bristol, Virginia.
Speaker 8: Hello, doctor Bob, this is Joan from Bristol, Virginia. My question is how do you feel about ibramecton, humans taking ibramectin and what it can do? Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, I'll start off with that, Doctor brockban I remet and is a drug that's been used for decades. They've used it for as a anti parasitic drug and veterinarian medicine for decades, and other other things. I think they've used it for malaria and other things. But one thing to know, and I'm hearing a lot about it and seeing a lot of it, and doctors are now talking about it, that this is a drug that won a Nobel Prize years and years ago because of its efficacy and safety. I have no problem with any drug when it's used appropriately. But you just have to believe that there's no panacea drug out there that you can use for any condition. It has to be a complete program. In other words, you've got to eat well, you've got to sleep well, you got to think well, you got to move well, and then you've got to have to have other things that can assist if you should those elements not be hitting the mark or not going to help you out, you need something to supplement that. And that's where either nutritional lovems come in or pharmaceutical drugs, which we're not against here on the show, but so often they're not used very judiciously and excessively. I've heard incredible stories with people using ivermectin for everything from the common cold to cancer, but I don't know if it's true. I've never used it, never prescribed it, but I'm hearing lots and lots of good things from it and about it. So maybe consult with the functional medicine doctor and get their impression of it too, and then make a decision.
Speaker 3: Doctor Brockman, what do you have to say, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Doctor Bob, I've seen some animal studies in vitro studies that have suggested that iverbectin may have antiitumor properties, including the potential to inhibit the growth of cancer cells or interfe interfere with those cancer cells else signaling. And we're talking about cancers like breast ovarian colon and even a glioblastoma, just to name a few. But again, these studies are preliminary, and just what you said, I haven't used it or prescribed it as well, but I have had patients that have used it, and I think there's more to be said about that. And that being said, that's what I love about the natural medicine model in what we always emphasize on the show, it's looking at the bigger picture of health, strengthening the immune system, supporting detoxification pathways, and reducing inflammation in the body. And whether it's with ivermectin or some other supplement or compound, it should be seen as part of a holistic, integrative type of strategy and not a magic bullet.
Speaker 3: Couldn't agree more.
Speaker 2: And if you're looking for alternatives to ivermectin, you could certainly look to some of the analogous in the plant Kingdom by using black walnut extract which is available in health food stores, or wormwood oil. They have a similar action as it relates to being anti parasitic, anti worm. I know ivery mechtins used has been used extensively in veterinarian medicine for decades and decades, but you know, all in all, I think if you look at it, I think it's pretty safe as long as a doctor is recommending it and monitoring your use of that drug. I think that's probably the best way to go. All right, Doctor Brockwin, who's next?
Speaker 4: Okay, we are, we're coming up on a break. I think we're going to get to Lynn from Kingsport, Tennessee after the break, Doctor Bob, So when we get back, we will talk with Lynn. Thank you. You're listening to the Doctor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stand by, ladies and drummle. We'll get to though.
Speaker 2: That call and more of your calls coming up. You're tuned into the Doctor Bob margin Show.
Speaker 9: So sorry, I'm a Bossom number Simoncible.
Speaker 7: The one never single day's a powerful I don't I'm so.
Speaker 2: Today you're tuned into the Doctor Bob Martin Show with me as my co host Executive director of the show, doctor Adam Brockman.
Speaker 3: He's there. I'm here.
Speaker 2: We're answering your questions on the topic of health and taking your phone calls at one eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two. Eight hundred six zero six eight.
Speaker 3: Eight two two.
Speaker 2: Think about what's going on with your personal health or the health of somebody that you care about. You know, they're suffering, they're not getting better, and you believe they need help and you want to bring it to them.
Speaker 3: You can call into the show on their behalf. It's simple.
Speaker 2: Just go to your telephone and dial one eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two. You'll be asked to state your first name only, first name only, the city and state you're living in, and then your question. Make it short and sweet, making it fair for everyone else trying to get into the program. One eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two. Doctor Brockwin.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have Lynn from Kingsport, Tennessee up next.
Speaker 5: Lynn, Kingsport, Tennessee. I'm coming up on my sixty fifth birthday. I've been hypothyroid, not hashimotos, just hypothyroid for probably thirty thirty five years. I've been researching I want to get off the medicine. Of course, the doctors I want to go see are not covered by any insurance, and I will get testing done to confirm my results. But what I've been doing for the last four weeks is a combination of rival slab in zinc, selenium, and copper as a replacement for the sin floyd that I was on, I was taking one hundred and twelve micrograms. I'm taking this combination now with the intention of ending for adding some vitamin A, al tirasing and ashwaganda. I feel great. My weight has not changed. I'm not seeing any swelling in my face. I'm not feeling tired. If I eventually get these tests in another two to four weeks to confirm my levels and then go see a functional doctor, do you think this is a good course of action?
Speaker 3: Thanks you all right, well, thank you for your phone call.
Speaker 2: I can just share with you my experience with people who have hypothyroidism, and that is, once they've been on supplemental drug therapy of support for the thyroid gland for more than any year, will not successfully be able to get off of that. They're just not It's just not going to happen, in my opinion, and it's going to take a while before the symptoms of hypothyroidism show up. And you're doing some good things, don't get me wrong with the nutrients that you're taking in the body requires that to make the thyroid and all the other tissues responsible for your metabolism work correctly. But once those receptors within your thyroid glan have been used to artificial stimulation through synthroid. They basically say, oh, I can just go to sleep, somebody's doing it for me, and they shut down. So taking it for over a year is it's unlikely you're going to be able to start something natural and get off of it completely.
Speaker 4: Doctor Brockman, Yes, she mentioned first first of all, lenn a happy early sixty fifth birthday, but mentioning having that non hashimotives hyperthyroidism for over thirty years, we should soon. Yeah, she's been taking the synthroid for over a year, and as she's transitioning off of that, she is using a good protocol for this. She's using the riboflavin. It's b r B two, zinc, selenium, and copper, all of which are critical cofactors in thyroid hormone production. In the conversion of that, selenium, for example, is essential for converting T four, the inactive form, to T three, the active form, and zinc plays a role in thyroid receptor sensitivity. Copper balances that zinc in riboflavin supports mitochondrial energy, which the thyroid heavily influences. So, yes, you're on a scientifically good path there, and your plan to add vitamin A tyrazine l tyrazine in oshwagonda makes sense as well. Vitamin A helps regulate that TSH production. L tyrazine as an amino acid, it's a backbone for a thyroid hormone. Ashwaganda is adaptogen that can help reduce that stress and support adrenal thyroid harmony. And I think seeking out a functional medicine practitioner would be good in this case as well, because it's going to be some co management that needs to take place here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And now, I think best case scenario for her doctor Brockman, would be that with taking these other nutrients in, she might be able to in the future lower her dose of thyroid supplement, you know, whether it be synthroid or thyrol lar, whatever they decide to use, and maybe work with her monitoring her in terms of her overall lifestyle with exercise, foods that can interfere with thyroid function getting away from them. And I think the best hope for her is that maybe they can get her to a lower dose of a thyroid drug supplement. But I have never ever in thirty years of practice, after somebody's been on that kind of years and years worth of thyroid drug intake have been able to completely extricate themselves. They eventually start crashing with not only their energy, but they get the mexadema, they get the water infiltration, all of the symptoms that you see, and then it's hard because now they got to figure out how to get her back to where she needs to be. So just I think the takeaway is be careful with this in your case because of the chronicity, the length of time that you've been on a drug that your body has depended upon, Taking that away abruptly like that is typically not successful. All right, wish I had better news for you. All right, ladies and Jenneral's state Chun. We're coming right back doctor Adam Brockman and myself here on the Doctor Bob Martin Show. All right, we are in the final segment of this hour here on the Doctor Bob Martin Show.
Speaker 3: Doctor Adam Brockman.
Speaker 2: Here with us as well, and I want to encourage you to stick around because next hour, doctor Brockman and I are going to have a conversation about the announcement about a week ago, uh former President Joe Biden was diagnosed with a problem related to his prostate glen prostate cancer, late stage prostate cancer.
Speaker 3: We're going to talk about that and.
Speaker 2: Give you a different perspective on it that you might not have otherwise heard about thus far. So don't miss this and it doesn't met Ladies, you might have a mail in your family that has a prostate. This would be important for you to stick around for as well. All right, doctor Brown will sap and squeeze. Another phone calling before the end of the hour.
Speaker 4: Sir, Okay, we got Rita from Iowa.
Speaker 6: This is Rita from Iowa. And my question is my husband was designosed with APID and they recommended eloquent. Are there any other ways to treat apid? They also ran a blood test for the naturally erratic tet site and it was one seventy three, which is high. Thank you so much. We truly enjoy your show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, atre fab is potentially a serious problem. You should always be under doctor's guidance while that is going on. And but there may be some simplified things that may be setting this into motion that should be considered. Getting off a caffeine and doing things that are healthy dietarily. We know that many people with atria fibrillation are severely magnesium deficient, so he might benefit by taking extra magnesium. Stopping the caffeine and the excess of sugar alcohol is also a contributed to this, Doctor Brockman, I'll let you also weigh in on this.
Speaker 4: From a natural medicine perspective. There's supportive strategies that can take place here in addition to the you know, having an alternative to those pharmaceutical blood thinners that may help manage cardiovascular health. But you know these need to always take place under under supervision of a functional medicine or your cardiologists as well. The nutritional support here is magnesium. It supports healthy heart rhythm, Mega three fatty acids which help to reduce that overall inflammation and support circulation, and coenzyme Q ten. It supports the energy of the heart cells and it's particularly useful if on medications that may deplete it, like statins, so I think those are all important. Also, some lifestyle choices here daily movement, walking, yoga, deep breathing, and there's something known as h r V, which is heart rate variability training. It's a stress it can be a big factor in these heart rhythm issues. And also diet, the Mediterranean diet that we speak of, that's plant based foods, healthy fats and low and sodium and processed sugars, and to prevent clotting naturally that Eloquist. There's some other things like the vascular defense that we talked about with those enzymes that may be helpful there.
Speaker 2: All right, excellent information. Just remember a person with a FIB has electrical problem weakness to begin with. All right, ladies and jump to stick around. We're coming right back. You're tuned into the Doctor Bob Martin Show.