Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Denmark, where Greenland is Territory of Denmark. Has said, no, it's not for sale. What do you do with that? I insist you by It's almost like the Godfather. I'm gonna make you an offer that you cannot refuse. No, it doesn't work that way.
Speaker 3: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: It is KFI. It's a Thursday, March sixth Now. I'm still fighting this cold.
Speaker 3: It just drives me nuts.
Speaker 1: You sound pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I sounded. I just took some medication of some kind of some birth control or something we have in the first aid kit over there. I just grabb a little envelope and pop it, throw it at my mouth. So I have no idea what, but I think I'm gonna be okay. In any case, Let's start with good mornings.
Speaker 3: I don't usually do that. I usually go into some kind of story of mind. But I really don't have left all.
Speaker 1: Right, even about Sheldon.
Speaker 3: It's quite a joke.
Speaker 2: I just said we would not this is my that would be my last day broadcasting.
Speaker 3: Oh that joke.
Speaker 1: You keep threatening.
Speaker 2: You know, my last day is really going to be spectacular. I mean I told you about Doobie, my friend who was in his Rael lead the gun's forces. He was a pilot, he flew F sixteens, and then when he retired, he went to l all and I knew when he was going to retire, and I called him and I said, Doobie, it's your last day flying. You have to go on the intercom and say, ladies.
Speaker 3: And gentlemen, welcome to all. Today.
Speaker 2: We'll be flying at thirty five thousand feet, but for you thirty two thousand feet.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't do it.
Speaker 1: Such a deal, bastard.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't do it. All right.
Speaker 1: I didn't just scream into the mic.
Speaker 2: We're gonna die, or in a very heavy Arabic accent accent, go good day, nice.
Speaker 3: This is Mohammed.
Speaker 1: What are you implying?
Speaker 2: I'm being completely what okay?
Speaker 1: Is today your last day?
Speaker 3: Sounds like it doesn't.
Speaker 4: They will start with Hi'm bill handled. There once was a man from Nantucket.
Speaker 2: All right, let us say, emails will keep on coming. I was once accused. I was sued once, No just once. I actually I have been sued five times. One every single time.
Speaker 5: Just to let you know, Amy, that doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 2: I'm thirty years when I should have been sued. I was never sued. I had some issues with a couple of surrogates who unfortunately decided in the midst of their contract, we have take them all off birth control, of course, because we get wanted to get pregnant. And one of the things they can't have sex with their husbands and boyfriends because.
Speaker 1: They might make their own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's exactly what happened. A couple of times they shook the boyfriend or the husband, and even though they have a contract, is you know, what are you gonna do? And the couple couple could have sued me easily because I'm the one that chose a surrogate or my agency did. And I sit down with him, I go, hey, bottom line is this is my fault. I screwed up. If you litigate, you're gonna win, no question about it. But you you want a child, and that's what we're here for. So I'll tell you what number one on my waiting list of couples just became number two.
Speaker 3: You get a free kid.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's I thought you were going to do it like half off.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, half off is what I should have done it. But I say, you get a free kid. And they never sued me. Now, the people that did sue me are were crazy and I just said no. And so anyways, I was sued and there was These were by employees. And one of the women that I had, this was years and years a year ago, was married to an African American. I had no idea and part and I was accused of racism. That's why I fired her because she was married to an African American, which is a complete cross because I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: Who she was married to. I had, i'm African Americans working for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the other thing.
Speaker 2: I was going to have Marjorie who worked for me, not my Marjorie, but Marjorie. And I was going to put her on the stand and say, did Bill ever mention that you were African American? He goes, I didn't even know Bill knew I was African American and she.
Speaker 3: Worked for me every day. Never came up.
Speaker 2: So anyway, their lawyer wrote to me, or this woman's lawyer wrote to me and said, we're suing you for discrimination, racial discrimination, and he knew I was a talk show host, Abby, and he said that I'm sure that will affect your career in a very negative way.
Speaker 3: So I suggest that you settle the case.
Speaker 2: By the way, that's pure extortion, that's against the canons of law. I threatened to have him disbarred for that one if he didn't if it didn't drop the case, and they didn't. They didn't, and I didn't disbar him because I figured, you know, I don't want to take the guys living away. So anyway, he said, so he writes the letter, our accusation that you are a racist will affect your career negatively. My lawyer wrote back one line, get in line, that was it.
Speaker 1: Did you tell them that your career was built upon your racism?
Speaker 2: No, no, I didn't say that, but that was it now, of course, And they tried to bring it up, and that was bounced immediately.
Speaker 3: We made a motion to.
Speaker 1: Bounce that because they lost the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah a couple. We killed them twelve to one, energy twelve or zero on the jury. But here's a little tidbit of law. The only way you can sue for racism is you have to be a protected class. You have to racism or discrimination is a legal concept much like Lemon law, and you have to be protected and it's race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age not so much, but that's one of the protected classes. Being married to a protected class does not make you protected. So we bounced that allegation. Unfortunately, Okay. I wish it had stayed in and you couldn't lost stories and Bill had.
Speaker 3: I lost stories at the same time.
Speaker 2: A little bit of law news for you, all right, Amy, Good morning, Hi Bill. Hi.
Speaker 3: By the way, don't correct me ever again. When did I correct you the passport business? When I said during the promo.
Speaker 5: You said you didn't listen to wake Up Call gold.
Speaker 2: I told you I do whenever, whenever I when he hears his name, whenever I can, I do.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: So it was just a clarification.
Speaker 6: You are talking about golden passports and Willy Wonka gave out golden tickets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not a clarification.
Speaker 2: It was a straight out correction, and let's not do that, Okay.
Speaker 1: He was making a simile.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was actually maybe a metaphor.
Speaker 1: Or an illustration.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe all right, Cono, good morning, yeah, and good morning, and Neil.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do it guy.
Speaker 1: Hi Bill, Hi, good morning, sir.
Speaker 2: Handle on the news with Amy Neil and me lead story. All right, Donald Trump issued what he said was the last warning to Comas to release all of the hostages in Gaza emediately and if he's and he said, release them all, the release all the hostages now, not later, and immediately return all the dead bodies of the people you murdered, or it is over now here is the problem for CAMAS.
Speaker 3: I would take it seriously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think he'd bombs ifness.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, Donald Trump does not screw around. I mean he'd I mean he's mercurial. You know, thee tariffs were gonna come in and then three minutes later, I'm gonna hold him back for a month. Actually the tariffs were gonna come in, and they held off for a month, and he changed his mind and go, no, it's kicking in tonight. Then he said, wait a minute, I'll wait a month. This is on auto goods. The rest of it still kicks in, so you know, autos and auto parts.
Speaker 3: But on this one, I gotta tell.
Speaker 2: You, if I'm Hamas, I'm gonna do something. I'm not gonna keep on going with this.
Speaker 1: So what happens, it's not like we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Have no no. What he said was.
Speaker 2: That he would send Israel everything it needs to finish the job, and not a single Hamas member will be safe if you don't do as I say.
Speaker 3: And what he's gonna do is give a green light to Israel.
Speaker 2: The only reason Israel has pulled back at all and has before now it's mainly because of the hostages and the pressure from a lot of the Israeli populous population is the United States has held back Israel.
Speaker 3: Come on, you have to you know, during.
Speaker 2: The Gulf War, when Saddam Hussein was attacking Israel in addition to Kuwait, the United States forced Israel to stay out of it. You do not get involved in attacking Iraq, even though missiles were hitting Israel. And because we have an we have a coalition that consists primarily of Arab countries going against Hussein, and we are not going to get you involved in this one. And Israel immediately goes okay, okay, okay, okay, Well, now it's go to town, decimate Gaza, and we're gonna do everything we can to help you. And he's saying that to Nettine, Oh bad for Hamas very bad.
Speaker 5: All right, So cal Edison sued again.
Speaker 6: Los Angeles County is suing Southern California Edison, and so is so are the cities of Pasadena and Sierra Madre. It's the latest lawsuit claiming that Edison's equipment caused the fire and Eaton Canyon, which ended up destroying about nine thousand homes, killing seventeen people. More than forty lawsuits have been filed against the utility so far. The attorney for the county says, all evidence is pointing to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I have a question, and as I said before all of this is done, we have to look at it the evidence. So, so the evidence now is pointing towards Edison, and the allegation is they either should have maintained their equipment so it didn't do this, or done a preemptive shutdown of the electrical system, so deactivate the electrical system. So let me ask you, when fires are hitting across the where winds of one hundred miles per hour are going across the entire Edison area, the only way that it really would have stopped fires from starting or at least moving forward.
Speaker 3: As if it was started by an electrical.
Speaker 2: Power a power line going down or a transmission tower would have been to deactivate the entire system. No one would have electricity. How many lawsuits would come as a result of that? When for two days done?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but maybe it's not that cut and dry. Maybe there was precedent.
Speaker 4: Maybe somebody had called on and seen sparks before, like we had heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but by then it's but by then it becomes too late because it was across the board. It was one hundred miles the hour. By the way, I'm not defending Edison. I'm just saying it's a lose lose. There's nothing they could have done, because if they go one way, they lose.
Speaker 3: If go the other way, they lose.
Speaker 1: They need to bury those lines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and what's that going to call? Oh? Just a dollar or two? All right? Moving on?
Speaker 4: All right, you have European leaders. They're getting together once again to grasp control of the negotiations of the war in Ukraine. This is all happening today. It's kind of this frantic tug of war against the US and Russia. God, I can't believe I'm saying that maybe nearing some sort of end, heads of twenty seven European Union nations, and Ukraine's President Zelensky are meeting at a special summit in Brussels to discuss some sort of path forward in the conflict.
Speaker 2: If this keeps on going the way it's going, the United States will not be allied with Europe.
Speaker 3: It'll be a just beyond a rift.
Speaker 4: And can you imagine what bizarre times that we're partnered with Russia.
Speaker 3: That's what it looks like. That's what Trump wants.
Speaker 4: So you have Republicans upset at anybody who seems to be a socialist, but it's okay to be with a dictator communist.
Speaker 2: Well, he's not a communist. They don't even pretend they're communists anymore in Russia. But it's a dictatorship, which Trump will never admit that Putin is a dictator during the war, Trump has only said that it is Zelenski who is a dictator because they bypassed the election. The election for president has already passed because they're at war, and that's the way the law works there.
Speaker 3: Trump and he says, I trust Putin.
Speaker 2: I believe he's going to keep his word on the deal, even though he hasn't kept once his word with anything that has come to fruition or any kind of an agreement that has come to fruition.
Speaker 3: He's broken every one of them.
Speaker 1: It's a strange day.
Speaker 3: It's a strange day.
Speaker 2: And the Republicans who heretofore would have screamed at this are all lining up. They're all lining up. Putin is our friend, the President is right. Our enemy is Ukraine, our enemy is well, he hasn't gone that far. But the rift between the US and Europe, I gotta tell you it's there's a whole history there where, and there's an argument that we should not any be the policeman of the world.
Speaker 3: We have gone.
Speaker 4: But we're snuggling up to someone. Yeah, yeah, we are so true. They're building Trump's going to build a hotel there called Putin on the Ritz.
Speaker 3: That's very good.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. I'm ashamed of make it.
Speaker 2: No, it's very strong. But anyway, it's we're not going to be allied with Russia. I mean, we're not going to formally be allied with Russia.
Speaker 3: But we're gonna pull back.
Speaker 2: We're going to pull back from protecting Europe being part of NATO because the biggest force in Europe is still American forces, the biggest NATO forces and matter and ahead of NATO or head of the military assmen, not the other part of the administrative part of NATO, but the head of the military aspect of MEATO is always an American.
Speaker 3: Always blocked again.
Speaker 6: A federal judge has blocked the Trump administration from making drastic cuts to medical research funding the new National Institutes of Health Policy with strip research groups of hundreds of millions of dollars to cover indirect expenses of studying Alzheimer's cancer, heart disease, and other illnesses, all the way from clinical trials of new treatments to basic lab research. US District judge had temporarily blocked the cuts last month. Yesterday she filed a preliminary injunction that puts the cuts on hold for longer.
Speaker 5: But they're still working through lawsuits. But the cuts are on hold.
Speaker 3: But this is exactly what the Trump administration has done.
Speaker 2: He cuts that spending Alzheimer's research, cancer research, arguing that it's up to private enterprise to do that. Well, historically it's been the United States. The polio vaccine was funded by the United States. The government the United States funded polio vaccines, it would not have happened today. It's a heartbreaker, it really is. And then we're going to see an executive order this morning coming down for the dismantling of the Department of Education completely. He wants had gone. And then there's arguments on both sides on that one. How much waste, how many people do you need? And how many good programs are there. It's a question of not only throwing out the baby with the bathwater, but also throwing out the bathtub and the bathroom and the house.
Speaker 4: Well, things have gotten so much better since the seventies when we instilled this right.
Speaker 3: Right, that's the point. That's exactly the point.
Speaker 1: Okay, never mind.
Speaker 4: The nation's top public health agency says about one hundred and eighty employees who were laid off two weeks ago can.
Speaker 1: Come back to work.
Speaker 3: Yay.
Speaker 4: They received a message that said read this email immediately. It said, after further review and consideration, a February fifteenth termination notice has been rescinded, and the employees were clear to return to work. They said, you should return to duty under your previous work schedule. We apologize for any disruption.
Speaker 3: Starts with oops. Right, they've done that with medical, that's the CDC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you've got food safety, bird flu response, folks oversight, medical device oversight, nuke's, nuclear weapons, national parks. There's a lot of oops in those categories, a lot more no oops. And we'll be talking about that for sure. Matter of fact, the recision has to do with Elon Musk and Amy. What else is going on?
Speaker 6: Well, apparently Elon Musk is moving beyond doge. He is joining or at least supporting, backing podcaster Ben Shapiro's Plea for President Trump two parts, and former Minnesota police officer Derek Chauvin. Of course, Chauvin was convicted for killing George Floyd in twenty twenty. He's serving a federal sentence of twenty one years twenty two and a half years on state charges. Shapiro, the podcast are very conservative, said on Tuesday that if you're going to issue pardons, there is one that should be included in that, and he said Derek Chauvin was basically railroaded.
Speaker 2: Come yeah, innocent. By the way, thank you for using the word. He's very conservative. You think I would go way beyond conservative, He said. Chauvin is innocent and it was a political conviction. By the way, if Trump does this, which of course he won't, there's no upside for Trump at all.
Speaker 5: No, and there's another round of riots like we had in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so I doubt this is going to happen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but Musk did tweet on X or whatever you do on X now said something to think about.
Speaker 3: Something to think about.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, I'm sort of speechless.
Speaker 4: Trump preparing executive orders as he is wont to do, telling Education Secretary to dissolve the Department of Education. So apparently a draft of the executive order calls on Education Secretary Linda McMahon to facilitate a department closure by taking all necessary steps and this is important in quotes permitted by law.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's he's not going to be able to dissolve the Education Department because that was set up by Congress and would need a congressional approval and would be subject to the filibuster, so sixty Senate rules, sixty Senate votes would be necessary. So he's not going to be able to disband it dismantle it. However, he decides how many people work there and what they do so he could effectively dismantle it. And that's a few hundred thousand people saying goodbye.
Speaker 5: Censure. So what I don't understand this whole censure thing.
Speaker 6: But Republican Dan Newhouse from Washington has introduced a resolution to censure Al Green. Of course, Al Green is the person who stood up during the President's speech on Tuesday night and was screaming and kind of waving his cane and then was escorted out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so here's a question. First of all, let me tell you what censure is. It's a vote by Congress, and effectively what it says. It's a resolution that says you've been a bad boy, right, bad boy.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's it. So that's who cares.
Speaker 2: That's and I would argue if I were Al Green, I would actually invite this as a badge of honor.
Speaker 6: Oh and he said he did say afterward they were talking to him and he's like, oh, yeah, well, you know, I did this big deal, but I got to go work on articles and impeachment.
Speaker 3: Now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's you know who was also censured and was not not voted to be removed from Congress, which they can do, is Joe McCarthy with what he did.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't go beyond the censure.
Speaker 2: And Marjorie Taylor Green, who wouldn't shut up during Biden's last and last State of the Union, which start screaming. No one threw her out, No one even asked for a censure. She was just allowed to heckle and heckle and heckle and hell she brought props. Yeah, she brought like cats and stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, it's just come on, guy, didn't al Green have some sexual claims leveled against him years ago?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: I know that he sings. You know that. No, not that. Oh do I have the wrong al Green? I just really what.
Speaker 1: I remember a scandal of some kind.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to google it, and when I put in al Green and then get to sexual, the next word comes up his healing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 6: Okay, he was in two thousand and eight, a former staffer accused him of sex.
Speaker 3: All right, Yeah, everybody's accused espec.
Speaker 5: She withdrew the lawsuit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, interesting. Yeah.
Speaker 4: US Supreme Court just yesterday cited against the Trump administration and upheld a lower court's decision to force the release of nearly two billion in foreign funds if you remember Trump.
Speaker 1: Put that on pause.
Speaker 4: The nation's High Court ruled five to four rejecting the Trump administration's request to cancel the foreign aid money, and Justice Samuel Alito, in his dissenting opinion, wrote that he was stunned by the Court's decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is going to be a fight across the board. How much power does the president have? How much power in the court? You got the conservative members of Congress, is going to give them unlimited power? This had do USA two billion dollars had already been allocated by Congress. Money was there and the President stopped it. Does he have the right to do that? Does he have the right to override Congress? And you've got the conservative members Supreme coursing absolutely. President's power is virtually unlimited and unbridled. So and there's a bunch of lawsuits coming up in front of the Supreme Court as to that.
Speaker 3: Exactly that issue a.
Speaker 6: Little breathing space. President Trump is granting a one month exemption on the new tariffs on imports from Mexico and Canada for cars. Trump talked to the leaders of the Big Three yesterday. For General Mooters in Stillantas and White House Pros Secretary Caroline Levitt said Trump was very blunt with them. He said that they should get on it, start investing, start moving shift production here to the US, or they are going to pay tariffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tariffs on Canadian goods, Canadian parts. You know, a bunch of cars are manufactured in Canada and especially a lot of parts. The problem is is that once these tariffs kick in and Canadian the Ontario Prime Minister with the State of Ontario the province said within ten days production in the United States is gonna stop because we're not We're not giving up.
Speaker 3: We'll shut it down. And now whoops.
Speaker 2: So I think what Trump is going to say, if you commit to moving building plants here, moving investment here, that's enough.
Speaker 3: I think he's gonna say I won that.
Speaker 2: One problem is is that you know he can arbitrarily say terrorifts he did yesterday terror or Monday tariffs, we're going to go in.
Speaker 3: Oops.
Speaker 2: No, they're not gonna go in. I'm gonna wait a month. No, I'm not gonna wait a month. I'm gonna make them happen tonight. I mean that can you can do them one day, build a factory in one day, Try that one build or move a car factory in one day. So what's going to happen is as he said, there's gonna be it's a little blip. There's gonna be.
Speaker 3: A slight adjustment. But Americans are ready for that.
Speaker 2: Okay, when a new car goes up three thousand dollars and I'm gonna talk about cars later on, At what time am I doing that?
Speaker 7: Oh that's eight point fifty. Okay, let's move on. This is a tough one. I mean, restructure, yes, but firing people. Trump administration is planning to cut tens of thousands of employees at the Department of Veterans Affairs. This is just a tough I think we should be doing more for our veterans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and less.
Speaker 2: Now, under the Biden administration, it did expand. The Department did expand with more services, quicker services, more people.
Speaker 5: Didn't that happen in the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: First time out, and now it's going to go. Yeah, Trump kept that policy going. There are a few things that Trump kept that Biden instituted. Either way, it's not everything. Now he's gone the other way. Now we're going to get rid of senty thousand.
Speaker 4: But how can you do that to our I mean, well, quite honestly, I think that should be a main focus of the homelessness issue, all of those things veterans.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: He's gonna argue doge is going to do that because it's a waste and it's fraud.
Speaker 3: See a lot of stuff he's calling fraud is not fraud. You know.
Speaker 5: He may disagree, is inefficiency?
Speaker 2: No, or how about just political differences DEI. You may hate DEI programs granted, and not one of fund DEI programs, But where's the fraud.
Speaker 1: Well, if it's being misused or the money's not going to where it's supposed.
Speaker 3: To, I'm not arguing that. Well, you see, here's the Trump philosophy.
Speaker 2: Is any money going to DEI is misused, Which is fine, Yeah, that's the right, that's political, But you can't argue it's fraud. You cannot argue it's fraud there. And that's what's going on. It's all being lumped together and it has to be differentiated. Okay, we're gonna go ahead and take a break and come back. I am six point.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle show, Catch my show?
Speaker 2: Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.