Speaker 1: Welcome to Jeffjeffson Sorry Adventure, the world's most extreme anime podcast. To my left, Mountain of a man's tall more.
Speaker 2: Hello, Uh, that was intense.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be the tone of the entire podcast for more.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to my right. She is seventy feet tall. It's Lucy James.
Speaker 3: Stomp, stomp. You know what that sound is. It's me coming in. You guess some great material today, Gang, I am so jealoused.
Speaker 1: Lucy is fresh off a plane from Japan.
Speaker 4: Oh, can I just can I just tell you? You know what you shouldn't fucking read on a plane? Bizik? Oh.
Speaker 3: There was a point where I just I just let's just say I got to a very specific big event and I just had to just skip through a lot of pages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I used to read it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of very specific big events. It is the Madman of anime. Jeff Beckler.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: I'm in totally, and now we're rocket all the takes I have or that of a Madman's what can I say? That's just the way I was built different. Thanks for having me, John, How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty good with you always. I'm your host, John Ipach Wolf Welsh.
Speaker 2: What's up? Nice?
Speaker 1: You know, think think things are going? Life's Life's a little complicated right now, but that's okay because we're here. We're here to talk.
Speaker 2: Uh, we're here to talk.
Speaker 1: One of the finest gush durn anime in existence. And I thought these were two fantastic episodes.
Speaker 2: Let me just tell you.
Speaker 5: You know how they say sometimes like a decade, it can happen in two days. Yeah, yeah that. But for this show, right in two episodes, My goodness, have we unpacked a lot of character development and backstories and trauma in these two Holy goodness, gracious, I'm starting. You know, who's who told me Berserk is one of the greatest stories ever told.
Speaker 2: I think we said that.
Speaker 5: I think you all collectively, everyone who's ever interacted with Berserk in any in any fashion.
Speaker 3: There's a guy in front of me on the plane wearing bers ship.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, good time.
Speaker 1: I got onto a I got onto a plane and some guy was watching one of my videos a couple of seats.
Speaker 2: He oh wow, that's cool.
Speaker 5: Did you do some fun Did you do like a Bill Murray thing where you're like, no one will believe you this happened.
Speaker 1: I had no I had actually just finished the video the previous day, and the last thing I wanted to do was think about it. He opened up his laptop and he started playing it, and I could not fucking believe it.
Speaker 2: What videos?
Speaker 1: I didn't do that? It was actually the first Roman Reigns video.
Speaker 2: Okay, I watched your latest Roman Rains video, and I didn't realize that the first half of it is the same Roman Rains video. Right, Uh, it's not.
Speaker 1: There's like it new bits and stuff in there.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, yeah, yeah. I was like, I swear to God, do I just know this or have I have I just And then I realized, oh, this is similar to the old one.
Speaker 1: I still watched the entire Why that's sure? That that's sure. That guy sure picked a specific time to come out with his political views, didn't he? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wait yeah what did he? What did he? Actually? No, actually we shouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: No, don't just let's let's just not.
Speaker 5: But instead, let's talk more about Berserk and the first anime merch that I might own. Do you think it's gonna be Berserk or do you think it's gonna be JoJo's or maybe Cow? Maybe it's gonna be a I wish I had a shirt that said like SEU space Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Oh that has to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could make that, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think an official version exists. Oh no, my go well, you know what, I feel like, knockoffs are very in vogue right now. That's like, uh.
Speaker 1: A really sick cowboy bebop hoodie. Before it was like an orange hoodie. I kind of like oies, like they're fun. And then like it just said kewboy bebup, little tiny thing on the pocket and then the back was like silhouetted panels of spike chest and damn it was so cool. I think it's a kewboy bebup on the sleeve.
Speaker 2: It was kind of insane, but it Want to watch Lazarus. I was going to this weekend and then I got sick and I was like, I'm not going to do that. First up is pretty dope. Yep, I've heard pretty dope. Maybe I'll watch it today. Actually, or you're familiar, John, You're an anime expert, right, Lazarus? Yeah, the new series from what Not? Oh no, I didn't even know that was out this week? Yeah, didn't you post about this? Definitely not am I losing my mind. I could have swam.
Speaker 5: I think it's a territory thing. You have access to it. Yes, it's adult swim, I believe, but.
Speaker 1: I will check it out for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check it out. Yeah, it's a new one.
Speaker 1: My week has been devoured by a tiny feral.
Speaker 5: Wait no, well hold on, yeah, I was gonna say I posted it. I posted a clip to this, and then you replied, I've been so.
Speaker 2: Excited about this. When was this? It's like March twentieth, twenty twenty five. Oh you mean, let's be directly a month?
Speaker 1: A month? Oh so pre dog? No, Tim, that wasn't that was infinitely more serene life. Okay, sorry, folks, I envy that person.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: Uh, John has had his brain factory reset, and uh, this will be the first time he is also watching berserk?
Speaker 2: Isn't that correct?
Speaker 1: I like, and look at this. What a handsome fellow.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 5: I have questions about Griffith, more questions than I did before. Let me just say that, forgive me, friends, but more than before.
Speaker 1: We meet Griffith and he's basically having an encounter with the princess and she brings him this little I guess this this little necklace with a little soldier on it, and she's like, here's the male one, and you have this, and I'll kind of the female one because apparently they're both drawn to each other. This is Princess Charlotte making moves here like not better affection, Charlotte.
Speaker 4: I mean she's got game there.
Speaker 2: I like, I feel like you should be the other way around. Oh, like Griffith should have the female.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think that makes sense to me, Tim.
Speaker 5: I think it works either way if they if the if the little necklace toys attract each other, what's what's the I think like that.
Speaker 2: In my mind, the attraction would be stronger if they were the opposite.
Speaker 1: But you want to talk about game. Griffith's all like, no, I can't. I can't accept this.
Speaker 2: Stupid necklace.
Speaker 1: Exactly what he says, Jeff, isn't it weird?
Speaker 2: Stupid thing, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Where that Griffith's always talking like that, just the kind of like dismissive guy from New Jersey like Charlotte.
Speaker 5: It's a stupid fucking necklace. I don't want it. Where am I gonna put it? I wear armor all day. I could barely put this nose goblin egg thing around my neck. It stops bull to narrow, is sure, but I can't wear this neck.
Speaker 1: He's just so a matter of fact. He's like, I can't accept this, Charlotte, but I will borrow it from you and give it back.
Speaker 2: Game, game, what you want. I'm surprised she's She wasn't like, yeah, that's that's the intent. It is supposed to come back. What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Right, you're right, like like we're meant to be together. Ye was not clear with the attraction.
Speaker 2: Do you know how the purpose of this this is designed to bring it back to the other word, Yeah, if you want.
Speaker 5: To come back as quickly as this battles over there, I mean that's fine, but like I thought, a couple of a couple of beats between these But okay.
Speaker 1: Kay is watching on basically being the kind of equivalent of the sound Oh yeah, yep, sure, thanks.
Speaker 2: Wait you do it like a little further away from your mic, because she's like down the stairs and behind the corner, right, she's kind of far away.
Speaker 1: So here's a here's Griffith being like, look at her, like, I don't can't figure fucking necklace next to my nose ring, and then Caska.
Speaker 6: Is like, hear that with the gate, but it works, it works, Yeah, Caso's got yeah.
Speaker 1: And then right at the end, Charlotte's like, oh, you platonic warrior, lady, h take care of Griffith, And cask is like, and then the queen, the queen shows up, and what do you.
Speaker 4: Think of her?
Speaker 1: Jane?
Speaker 4: She kind of seems like your type.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you does she?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you think that you think me and the queen would get along in what way?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: She kind of looks a little bit like Thingny from Bebop a little bit.
Speaker 1: I guess she has a kind of mature and will feel to her.
Speaker 5: Jeff, I mean, oh, is that the angle we're going towards the Katerina?
Speaker 3: She's not pregnant, but like you know, Jeff, isn't an attack.
Speaker 5: We're just exploring here, buddy. No, I don't think she seems like a good person. She seems real stuck up right away.
Speaker 1: Okay, but the material like, how does that?
Speaker 5: No, it's not about a mommy okay, it's not a mommy thing. It's a whole thing. Where Like she's already saying like Charlotte. Haven't we talked about not associating with fucking gutter people? Is essentially what she tells.
Speaker 1: Did I ever tell you guys about her? The first time I met Jeff and we went for lunch, he called pause. There was there was a pause, and at one person he just goes, don't you think how a woman can create life inside her is like the most beautiful thing? And I was kind of like what I was like, uh sure, and like it's not that what he said was wrong, but just that it came out of nowhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was before we even ordered food. I think it was a little aggressive. Who's the second thing I ever said to John? Yeah, in person, but John knew what was up. John was like, I.
Speaker 2: Get it, I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Well, they like, I think snippets of the conversation is fine, but the entire thing is like that, that's a private affair.
Speaker 2: You're right, I take it back, all right, that's our secret to hold. It's time for your from software reference of the week. What's that this? This queen lady reminds me so much. I'm not saying they directly inspired, but if you look at them, did anyone play Shadow of the Tree elden Ring. No, there's a character called count Emir who's like has a quest line called the mother or Fingers quest line. But this is dude, I believe it's sentence looks like the same.
Speaker 1: I see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look look at the headdress and the rap and severe. Look.
Speaker 5: I got more of like a anistery kind of vibe from her.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, oh wow, this really does look like this character though, with the feathers around the and then the neck there. Yeah, she's she seemed like, uh, you know, it was the first glimpse into that. I mean, this is Game of Thrones, right, this is this is what.
Speaker 2: One se Yeah, am I the only one that hasn't properly?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Jeff is like massively like okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, something happened. That's kind of thing you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your WiFi is cutting out?
Speaker 2: My guy? Oh no, not the Wi Fi? Hello, do you hear me?
Speaker 3: Sorry we didn't react to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, am I going? Am I? Okay?
Speaker 1: I think you're okay?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, getting real tiny there for him.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to blame, but yeah, the Game of Thrones energy I get from the very landis three vibes with Charlotte and her her mother, who is too good for this world. I think she's a very severe looking Yeah, severe, as severe as the word.
Speaker 1: We find ourselves on the battlefield the next day, and Guts is kind of you know, he's sort of thinking about this whole thing and about how Griffith said that the only person who could be his friend is someone who was as equal, and that's that's eating him. He's not he's not taken that well. And so we then once again meet a down who is the leader who they basically bested like twice.
Speaker 2: Now, this guy is so washed and he keeps coming back. Yeah, he's enormous too. He's he's larger than.
Speaker 5: Life, large man like he is large and yep, and he's you know, I'm I'm a what does he keep saying? I feel like he changes the name.
Speaker 2: Of his likerk group every time we meet.
Speaker 1: It's like, I'm the Majesty of the Blue Whale was Order. It's like like the Blue Whale super Strength Battalion or something. Yeah, it's it's a fucking it's a badass name.
Speaker 2: In fair Yep.
Speaker 5: Me and the Wallowitzes have always been in charge of this whale group. I'll have you know for anywhere from one hundred and twenty to three hundred and eighty years. If you're following a law.
Speaker 2: I regret to inform you. I have to interrupt with another front Software reference of the week two in one episode, I don't looks like the inspiration for Dark Souls ones have all the rocky picture, look at the look at the curved head, where and stature?
Speaker 5: Sure it's a good thing. You're a from Wikipedia?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Hey is it a good thing? Or is it not a good thing?
Speaker 1: Hey? The of this podcast? Yes, well I would I would have I would have one criticism to.
Speaker 2: More mm hmm, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes you don't lean into we.
Speaker 2: It's because ever since Lucy pointed out that it's a direct ripoff of another podcasts intro and just been like, oh, I hope they don't hear this, but I mean, but.
Speaker 3: I mean, tam, what is from soft if not a direct in some regards, I think I think it's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I both respect that and also I'm deeply insulted that you would say that from software.
Speaker 3: Deeply inspired by let's just say yeah, both are deeply inspired by.
Speaker 2: The I like that. I like that.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our girl Kasko not feeling so hot.
Speaker 2: Something's something's wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's looking at the ground a lot in this episode. The middle of battles, she kind of just kicked rocks, like, can wet.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. I was gonna say, can we get a kicking rocks sound effect from the back of our please rat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she runs straight in and so the bubble beginnings. Guts is going nuts. He's got something to prove here, goos.
Speaker 2: I agree, John, I agree? Continue please, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Jeff, my people went through so much fun and for you to know mock our accents.
Speaker 5: No, No, it's the guts in the nuts.
Speaker 2: I think it's a fun rhymes.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it's like to come from an ancetress street that has suffered, Jeff, but let me tell you it is. It is intense.
Speaker 5: Look, you're extracting a thing that's not their friend. I don't know what to tell you. You're the guts in the nuts is what I'm having a fun time about. You know, guts just slashing through fifteen guards at a time.
Speaker 2: He's op.
Speaker 5: Now, I feel like in the BEGINN think he was just like a really skilled warrior and now they like show him slice ones and the bo's frame is fourteen guys dies medieval Superman.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, he's got a cape and all with a g on it, flowing in the wind, wearing tighty whities.
Speaker 1: Cas is doing okay. Caska, despite being in some kind of discomfort, is taken down soldiers and that's when she encounters General Aidon and man, yeah, you do not realize how big this dude is until you see him in this shop and.
Speaker 5: With the horse. It's just like he's like fourteen feet tall. Poor Caska pushed up against the edge of a cliff, just being like, let's go.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna fight her?
Speaker 1: What? And he gets the better at Caska. He manages to nearly strike her down, gets her to the edge of the cliff, and she's saved by our boy Guts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the worst guts insertion of of the entire series so far. Excuse me, Like a guts insertion where he like, oh sorry, let me clarify, where he like teleports into a frame, you know what I mean. Like, uh, it was getting exciting because Aidon was saying abhorrent shit to Caska, like we're gonna make you the Army's prostitute. We're gonna do all this fucked up shit. Like it was really rough, and you're like, wow, Caska's gonna like rip this guy's throat out. I don't know how he's got this like sharp ass trident at pointed right at are like jugular. Certainly the stakes are high and the odds are against Kaska here, and then all of a sudden, Guts just shows up with his like fourteen foot long sword and it's.
Speaker 2: Like, surprise, I'm here. You didn't know.
Speaker 5: You didn't notice me here at the edge of the cliff, but I was hiding and I was here just in time. Yeah, this is kind of kind of pissed me off because his.
Speaker 2: Next two episodes are they hinge on the disempowerment of Cosca a lot, which is it can be difficult to watch and it kind of has a lot of consequence going forward, but it is rough in the moment to be like yo, what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's definitely moments from this that like I don't love and especially like I guess it's it's like, there's two things wrong with Cawsky here. One is she has a fever and the other it's like it's like she's on a period and that.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, Jeff, is that a legit question? What you didn't know she was on a period?
Speaker 2: Where is it I missed that? I missed that? What? So okay, all right, take that or guys, I'm not I'm not speaking for anyone. Wait a second, Wait a second. When did they Okay, maybe I missed.
Speaker 3: When when she's on the horse, she holds her something and she says, oh God, not now, because she's she's.
Speaker 2: Cramping, and then maybe I looked away.
Speaker 3: Then I'm sorry. We're gonna go ahead to the next episode. When Guts undresses her, he sees the blood between her legs and he goes, oh, that's why.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: I thought that was like very It was very unclear what they were showing.
Speaker 2: I thought she got beat up a little bit.
Speaker 1: So Jeff, when I said she by home, When I said Cask is on her period, did you think I was doing like a bit?
Speaker 2: This was.
Speaker 1: With another classic menstrual bit.
Speaker 2: This was a video podcast. If this was a video podcast, you could see the exact moment where Backla, I was like, we're getting canceled.
Speaker 5: So true, because no, because think about it, think zoom out for a second. All right, the part so I don't remember her holding her her belly, right.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that kind of soul, but yeah she does do it. I must have maybe you know, looked away for a second. Uh and yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Know she was in battle with aid On, so I thought, maybe you know she got her ass kicked a little bit. And I'm like, all right, well they don't really show. God, I do you have to go back and like look at that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Jeff, yeah they catch that. I did to catch it.
Speaker 5: Folks there I am call me a dummy and think of John will make a period joke.
Speaker 1: You know, me always cracking wise about the many difficult things women have to go through.
Speaker 5: That's my territory. Well, no, because I knew you were. I knew you weren't like being genuine with it. I thought you were like showing how much of a dickhead eight.
Speaker 2: On super Guy Patch Wolf over here just yeah, oh my god, his way through all the funny. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you guys, you had a very special message board called or slush maketoe.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Either way, it's about men who are like, I'm not having sex with women, not because I'm a loser, but it's because I'm cool.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Oh cool, got it? Yeah, okay, anyway, maybe another subchannel for you.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So Guts saves saves Casca AND's kind of like side swords smashes eight On in the face with the side of his sword like not a cut, but yeah, like a bunk, and it binds his teeth and he's he pluits his helmet in half. Yeah, and so Goots is like, okay, better save Caska, who's being weird and acting faint, and Caska nearly plunges off the cliffts grabs her, only for crossbow bolt to strike Guts in the side and they both plummet from the cliff.
Speaker 2: Brutal.
Speaker 1: They hit the bottom below, and basically Gots is okay, Cask is unconscious. He just pulls out the arrow and he's like, well that sucks, and throws it away and then he finds like a little kind of Oh, it's like a little hovel. Is that the right word?
Speaker 2: A hovel? Nice? It's like a cave, yeah, I think yeah, like a tree.
Speaker 1: Builbow Baggins would build some I.
Speaker 2: Guess you can. You can call it a hovel. I guess it's funny because I was reading a book yesterday and they used the word hovel a lot. So I'm very familiar with the physical makeup of a hovel.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's like, it's not quite a cave. It's like cave in yunder a tree.
Speaker 2: It's a crevice in a tree.
Speaker 1: Lucie, I feel like you would you would know this.
Speaker 4: What a hovel?
Speaker 2: What this what this little structure is?
Speaker 4: Well, they're in a cave.
Speaker 2: It's just a cave.
Speaker 4: It's just a random little cave.
Speaker 2: It's a tree hole tree there. A cave area inside a tree is called a tree hollow. Hollow a cavity that can form in a living tree due to various factors like injury and decay.
Speaker 1: So, you know, Guts realizes Cask has a fever, he realizes what's wrong with her, and then you know, or someone does what women's rights goods is?
Speaker 5: I feel like I was there a woman I put two and two together, if I was there in the battle with with I'm scrolling through it now and I'm just like, nah, I just missed that, just missed.
Speaker 2: It could have been poopies.
Speaker 1: Who knows, so, Jeff, I guess I'm curious if you were there in the battle, how how would you know? No, I mean in the tree hole. In the tree hole, I woantn't know, Okay, yeah, after taking her clothes off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, after you know, uh yeah, yeah put you know.
Speaker 1: So, I think there's like, you know, there's a couple of shots in Berserk that will make a Berserk fan emotional. I think the last shot of this episode where it's Goods and he's in his tree hole and in his in one arm still are because I can't a cat change now, and one harm is the sword, and it's just it's a fucking great shot.
Speaker 2: It looks and.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, the way before we talked about how like Goods is always like clutching his sword, but yeah, clutching someone else.
Speaker 2: It's sweet.
Speaker 5: It's sweet, very so it's a very powerful moment for sure. I was able to detect that. Don't worry, really fun, tremendous. How are you guys feeling about it?
Speaker 2: Good? Good? For the mostly you know, yeah, it feels like this there's like a significant characterization leap hair that happens. Yes, if we've yeah, yes ahead, you know, aware of it coming. It can be quite a way blashed style thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this was one of the first times I felt prepared. I felt prepared for like this kind of heavy expositional character forward episode, you know, because I do think there's a lot around Berserk that I can't quite put my finger on. Obviously, I think after these couple of episodes like it can put my finger on a little better. Not the period thing everything else, but certainly, yeah, some things are some things are being communicated. And just so you all know, I know everyone's thinking about it. They're listening to this podcast and they're like, does motherfucker watch this on one and a half speed? No, I made sure I was watching it.
Speaker 2: I wasn't.
Speaker 1: The fact that you've is now like, but no, only only a guilty man?
Speaker 2: Is some real you smell it you energy here.
Speaker 5: I only bring it up because I'm looking at my notes from episode five leaf Fart Noise, And I did have a note about accident.
Speaker 1: I believe they called it that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know it's insane, look whatever, don't question genius. Also, I made a note of watching it by accident too fast, and I wanted to clear the record and make sure everyone knew I was watching it at.
Speaker 2: The appropriate speed this week. Thank you. Speaking if we have to call this episode mmmmm, I was gonna say we have to call this episode period pains.
Speaker 4: I don't think we do.
Speaker 5: Sure right now, Right now, I have it's pretty tough to be.
Speaker 2: That's a good one said. That's very long, but I think it's more appropriate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of getting to the right speed, I'm going to quickly refilming coffee. So you'll keep you you just you'll just keep chatting. I'll be right back, keep going, not pausing to keep going.
Speaker 2: Oh we're still going. Okay, fair enough, Okay.
Speaker 1: Caska awakens from her period fever like that was still.
Speaker 5: That can't be No, no, that's not a normal I don't believe that to be a normal symptom of that. We have no one here who can speak to it.
Speaker 2: Fell off a cliff.
Speaker 5: She fell off a cliff into a fucking river, and like, who knows what happened?
Speaker 2: You know, God, damn it. Maybe that has something to do with the fever. Maybe, Yeah, I had a fever last Friday. Boy, I have yet to have a Why do you have a fever?
Speaker 1: Why did I have a fever. I that's that's it.
Speaker 2: That's it island.
Speaker 1: It was real weird. I woke up in the morning feeling fine, and then I started feeling shitty, and then I started feeling real shitty. And that lasted for about eighteen hours. And I wasn't sweating at all, Like I could not sweat, and then I sweat about a liter of water in a thirty seconds and the fever was gone and I was fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I have spoken to a doctor about this. And your body is constantly fighting off shit, yeah, left and right all day long and if it and it's like a resource management situation, and in moments of panic, your body will develop a fever to fight.
Speaker 2: Off something, is what he told me.
Speaker 5: And you don't always have to get the flu or have a crazy amount of symptoms. When your fever breaks, your body's like, I don't need to be a fever anymore. Yeah, so you were fighting something off, John.
Speaker 2: The same thing happened to me on Saturday. It was very windy and cold in San Francisco and I was outside of walking and when I got home, I was like, oh, I am not feeling good, and I got a fever and then by the end of that night, I was fine. Okay, it's crazy, isn't it. Bodies man bodies, they.
Speaker 1: Work, just giant meat robots that our little brains pilot.
Speaker 2: That's it. Mm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Casco awakens and doesn't know where she is, doesn't know what's going on. All she knows is that she's naked, and a half naked Guts is sitting right beside her.
Speaker 2: She says, the worst place to be, you know, not the worst? He says, you are in a cave by the river, so we've got official confirmation on what we're in cave.
Speaker 5: Also, I know this is a weird time to offer you this medicine I have, as if it's too late in your fever campaign, but maybe take it now as opposed to when I first discovered you had a fever.
Speaker 4: You know, what are you doing drugging and a sleep woman?
Speaker 5: It's medicine, it's and it's Thailand, all swallowing.
Speaker 2: It's Midlands Thailand, all okay? Sorry.
Speaker 1: She looks extremely sedate, and then after a while she just she punches guts, She just she gets some great punches in on Goots, just.
Speaker 3: Where she throws all the ship at himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then rolls a knife that like nearly slices his skull in half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are we done there with the dead guts?
Speaker 1: Look, Cask is a proud lady, you know, she don't she doesn't want she doesn't. I think part of this is like she doesn't want good to see her naked, and part of it is she doesn't want to be saved by guts.
Speaker 2: So murder is the answer.
Speaker 5: Yes, Just can't you see Caska like crawling out of the tree hole and just going.
Speaker 2: Whoops like that.
Speaker 1: I just woke up and someone had plunged my knife into guts as hook. Oh it's unfortunate, but I mean, you can't. I feel like if I do get upset about every little thing, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like if a dude who carries around a ninety foot sword and fights armies every day isn't able to dodge a singular knife, probably deserves to be dead. Honestly, he kind of didn't dodge it. He kind of just got lucky. I think of that one.
Speaker 1: You know, she takes another big swing at him and he catches it this time. Yeah, and then he kind of is like he's trying to hold her and be like would you fucking calm down, and then she kind of like slumps over. And this is kind of one of those bits time that I kind of feel like speaks a bit to kind of the disempowering of cask.
Speaker 2: You're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some stuff like this that just doesn't I don't. I kind of get it from a character point of view, but I just think she's cooler than that, you know.
Speaker 2: M m. Yeah. It's very runs, very counter to how she's been characterized up until this point, which I guess you could argue that it's an attempt to present a different side to Casco, something a little more soft and also relatable, and it's like, you know, that element of narrative writing and characterization, but I think it isn't done in a way that is particularly nuanced. I think it's also a symptom of how writing back then was, right, Like, it's a very simplistic way of showing that this woman is also and.
Speaker 1: I think if you take this contextually with like a lot of other anime, Casko is a miracle, you know, she it is of this like not more specifically like anime at this time, it's like, no, she is being thought about she has motivations, she has you know, like internal kind of mechanics that govern what she does, like she is, I think, great, but yeah, there moment's here where it feels like especially especially like you know, I can't even say anything too spoilery, but yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Agreed time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Goots tosses her top. Caska looks very cute in this what must be a small tent sized vest from Goods at this point.
Speaker 2: Is an oversized you know, mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: And he's like, so why did you join the Band of Hawk, And we begin to learn about Cask's backstory, how she basically just grew up as a normal, normal, regular villager, nothing special, nothing fancy, And god, I think the color palette of this entire flashback sequence is so beautiful. Yeah, blue hues and just so good. And we get lots of fun little shots Cask pushing a hoe hoe in the field. Yeah, until she is seen, until she's seen by a real evil looking nobleman.
Speaker 5: Just you know, everything you need to know about this motherfucker this second you see him, You're like, here's the villain.
Speaker 1: Not Caska's parents though, because they're like by our daughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she's.
Speaker 4: The youngest of six.
Speaker 3: They don't mention that in the anime, but I just reread it, and she's the youngest of six in it.
Speaker 4: Uh rough times out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And and they don't offer her up. The nobleman comes in and is like, I would like to purchase one child please, Yeah, because they also like there's a lot of villages being burnt down and crops being destroyed, so it's real poverty hours in that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the way you see her as a young girl, they can't get anything out of her, and so just another mouth. Yeah, that's exactly it. And so they say no at first, I think, but then later relents and Caska is like, oh, I guess I'm going with this man. And she doesn't really understand like the implications of that or what it means. And this fucking guy does not even get to his sex castle to like do do nothing. He just he just lunges at he stops the carriage and LUNs at her, lunges at her, and there's like some real rough shots here, just cast Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm actually kind of amazed that they showed a.
Speaker 4: Caska in that way.
Speaker 3: I thought they would kind of cut around it in some way.
Speaker 2: It's really shocking. Yeah, I kind of can't believe it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And just as just as this like this is about to go is as bad as it could, slash appears on the dude's face. Caska looks up and it's motherfucking Griffith. Griffith is here, and he's basically says to this guy, what gives you the right to do this? Like why do you think you are chosen by God to act in a way that is above everyone else?
Speaker 2: Mm?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think this is such a powerful sequence because Griffith doesn't. Like, first of all, you get Caska immediately falling in love with Griffith, just like she literally thinks he is an angel descended from heaven.
Speaker 2: Y yep. I think that's why the line where he says, do you think you're chosen by God? Hits part kelly hard for her because like she's saying that and at the same time she's looking at him and he looks like angelic, so in her mind, presumably she's making a different connection. It's like, oh, this guy might be chosen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like it helps that the drawings of Griffith here are like really stunning, Like you look like this entire sequence looks incredible. But god, he's he definitely looks like ethereally ethereally beautiful.
Speaker 2: Here it looks exactly the same, like floating. He doesn't even reverse age. She's not even young looking. He looks exactly No, he does.
Speaker 1: He's got like a floppy thing going on.
Speaker 2: Tom. Yeah, his hair is a bit.
Speaker 5: Floppy, his hair. He you're right, he does that. There's angelic.
Speaker 1: People want to go to eight minutes and twenty seven seconds in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll see there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the pit that like really just the whole the whole thing that like makes Casket and Griffith makes sense to me. I think retroactively makes you understand why Caskas sees this dude this way. Is he a savor? He throws her the sword and he's like do it, like save yourself.
Speaker 5: Doesn't really give her a lot of time to think about it, but certainly you know, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: He can't argue with the results. Jeff, No, of course not, of course not.
Speaker 1: And yeah, she that's Nobleman's like, oh shit, and lunges at her. She picks up the sword and she stabs him through the heart.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: She's like, wait, She's like, did I just kill guy?
Speaker 1: There is one picture in this that is very specifically the visual equivalent of like, wait, did I just kill someone? People watching? It is eight minutes fifty nine seconds in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a vacant stare. Look what's that now? But also like I feel like you, even when he's been stabbed, he still looks like the most killable person that exists. Yeah, yeah, this guy deserves it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure. Another they're just great drawing here is one of those classic berserk drawings, and it's like a kind of side profile of like Casca and Griffith on a hill and Caska is holding the bloody sword and Griffith is just like placing his hand gently on her hand. Yeah, god damn, it's it's it's beautiful. It's so so good, And like that's pretty much it. After this, Griffith's like, hey, listen, you can do whatever you want, and she's like, I want to go with you.
Speaker 2: Teach me to use the sword, and I want to study the blaze yep, show me how to kill, show me how to kill like you kill, and also how to be super cool and kind of nonchalant about everything and speaking cryptic sort of riddles show me all that.
Speaker 1: I can't tell if it's Corcus or it's just a conssive soldier here.
Speaker 5: Well, it's more of a it's more of my like feeble attack on Griffith's personality.
Speaker 1: No, I'm talking about the guy who's like, hmmm, I don't know if we should take this young girl with us.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's energy for sure. Yeah, Corcus is always just.
Speaker 1: Not you know, he's like because we don't actually see his like is the fall off of his face? Yeah, and he does have a distinctive bottom half, which brings us to it's the carcass improv hour by which, yeah, maybe minute and a half.
Speaker 2: I don't have an hour. I didn't have an hour. I have places to be.
Speaker 1: So Corcus and Gouts and Casket and Griffith have all just seen the nineteen eighties horror classic Nightmare on Elm Street, and Corcus has been actually quite frightened by it, but does not want to let on, and once it makes it, wants to make it seem like Goods is actually the one who's scared.
Speaker 5: Well, that was certainly a flick for the Ages, was it? Not friends of mine? We're all just do me a favorite. Turn the lights on just for a second. I just want to make sure you're all here. Hello. Yes, God, did you find that to be scary? Because I won't lie. Certainly, certainly, certainly felt the whispers of evil down the back of my neck as it were. No, No, not at all. No, not even just a little bit, not even just a little hair raising on the back of your neck.
Speaker 2: No, fair enough.
Speaker 5: I'm not scared either, just checking to make sure the Band of the Hawks stays strong, hold the line, no matter what Jason might due to us in our.
Speaker 7: Sleep, has not seen. I've conflated hard Freddy Kruger, Freddy Krueger. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm a man of temptation and I've and I'm worried Freddy Krueger will be attacking me in my dreams. Sorry, I'm just scared and I'm vulnerable with you, my friends, the Band of the Hawk.
Speaker 2: Forgive me for being vulnerable in this moment. I'n seen great. Wow, I mean, I don't know. I'm fully aware. I'm fully aware of Halloween. I know I can't stop. You can't stop Michael Das is Halloween.
Speaker 1: I know, I know Jeff become lost in the performance.
Speaker 5: That's what happens life imitate its art and you just let it slip away. Okay, it's good to be back though. Yeah, it's good to Carcus. Actually we skipped over the Carcus.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: He had a couple of lines these past two episodes. Who's what was he talking about? That dumb that dumb motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Oh I was.
Speaker 3: I mean, i'll share it with you later, but when we get to it. But I did see a couple of cracking Caucus panels today and I thought of you.
Speaker 4: To send it to John and TWM.
Speaker 2: Please and not me, or we've got a secret chat, remember.
Speaker 5: Crow, anti caucus chat of course, change my roles on the Discord now, please.
Speaker 2: I love the idea of Caucus being in Discord. It's not perfect, but it's good. It's a good app it's a good platform platform.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything about Discord works nearly kind of how you'd.
Speaker 2: Like it to. It's seventy across the board, which is good enough.
Speaker 1: It is the hardest be minus in existence.
Speaker 2: Yes, So.
Speaker 1: I think when I was like experiencing this first, I was like, oh, so that's Caske and Griffith Steel And the next part is like, no, there's way more here. So so Kaska joins the Band of the Hawk, starts doing really well. She gets she gets a cute little crop cut, and they basically visit this dude, and this dude like the evilest fucking king. He's got the full on bald headed long beard. Look, you know, the upside down rock star I like to call.
Speaker 2: It, you know, you know, it's really disarming about this moment they show him like and he's sitting there, but in the back behind his throne is like the decigil of his I don't know, his kingdom, and it's the cutest little lobster you've ever seen. Yeah, It's like, yeah, such a cute little lobster. It's got like googly eyes and stuff. And every time I see it, I'm just like that is that is fantastic? I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And this is very rich king who has done work with the Band of the Hawk. And we basically find out that he has a pensiant for young boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hm, not great. Not a lot of good people in Middland, got it.
Speaker 5: It's just such a reoccurring scene in all this like you know, and all these these these these era pieces like games like even game of Thrones, Like there's always an angle of that in these right, am I am I crazy?
Speaker 1: I think that's there because that's.
Speaker 2: What it was accurate, you know, sadly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always remember there was an interview with George or Martin once and like he was talking about like all the kind of old knights stories and he says, like at one point he kind of just realized that knights were just just murder machines. Like that's that's what they were for, you know, they they were just killers, And you know, it's we have It's like the whole kind of like Prince Charming romanticization of knights is something he was trying to push back on with Game of Thrones. And I think there's so much stuff like that with medieval culture. Like I think I think if we actually saw what medieval culture was like and spent a day just like what, we would go horrent. Yeah, we we would lose our minds. Yeah, the smell, oh oh, the shit about bathing and how long they'd go between baths.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, Caska like god.
Speaker 1: This this whole bit is so disturbing. But like Caska notices this shit with the boys and she's really upset.
Speaker 8: By it.
Speaker 1: She's like, this is so fucked up. And Griffith puts his hand on her shoulder, which he doesn't do a lot, like he saves it for the moments that matter. I think he's done it maybe three two or three other times other than this, and like you could just see on her face she is so consoled, she is so like, hey, everything's gonna be all right. And we then get another really really important scene and it's on the kind of mountain side after a battle and the sun setting in the distance and Cask's Griffith and Caskar are standing over this dead kid and this is a kid who joined the Band of Hawk of his own free will and was killed in the last battle, and Pippin brings over like his little child's toy, and you can see this is kind of eating at Griffith. You can see like he's not he's not like just sad about this, Like there's a kind of there's a kind of conflict.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, yeah, certainly, I mean, like we're seeing the origin stories. It's I can't actually I'm not going to say too much, but yeah, we're seeing a formative moment for Griffith where he's realizing his kind of his path forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's kind of like this kid died for my dream.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's something just inherently, like very uneasy about he just chooses to like exist.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: What do you mean unpacked that little jit?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what you mean.
Speaker 5: I just think Griffith has with him this kind of like I'm on a mission bigger than myself, and you know, like like there'll be collateral damage along the way, but like I'm you know, the band of the Hawk and being the best version of this fighting mercenary army is like all that matters. So like I don't feel bad for the dead people I leave in my wake. I'll fight for them in their honor. But like also I'm special.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like I think this this kid is is a moment that kind of I don't think he entirely embodies what you said there, the kind of like detached nature of it. I think this kid is partly why he becomes that way. I think this is one of the few occasions we've seen where the death of another person has affected him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think, yeah, you're both kind of right. I think I think with Griffith, like he is like he is affected by this stuff, but just not enough, like not enough for him to change anything.
Speaker 2: He doesn't feel moved by anything ever, right, Like I would say that until we see the following scene.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so.
Speaker 5: First because I'm drawing back to also all the ship he was saying on the stairs with like my friends are my equals and but but he kind of tries to have it both ways. He certainly attempts to look to some right, I think I know what you're going for there, Bud. But yeah, like he totally in one one side of them. I will be like, man, I I'm gonna give Guts and Casco so much attention and time and the idea of like emotional equity, right, and then in the next breath out of the other side of his about to Charlotte on the stairs be like friends are only my equal you know, and you're just like, well are well that's a conflict of like your relationship with Guts and Casca, Like what's happening here, Bud, What's what's going on?
Speaker 2: Anyway? I think both those things are true. Yeah, that's like I.
Speaker 1: Think Griffith really does care about Guts and Casca like a lot but I think he also puts his own dream above everything, including them, And I think what makes he I think he really cares about Kaska. But I think what's kind of uncomfortable about his relationship with Guts is that Goots is like one of the few people that will not like make him lower his desire for his dream, but make him like question just for a second, wait, like.
Speaker 2: Does this dude?
Speaker 1: Is this dude that important to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Kaska is taking a walk through the courtyard one night and she sees Griffith standing in a window and is immediately like, hey, Griffith, Hello, Hey, the flashback too, just right, flashback yep, only for the King to come up behind them because the two are applying the King's bedchambers.
Speaker 2: Griffith is Griffith is very shirtless, when is he not? No?
Speaker 1: I can, I cannot, I cannot overemphasize how little fabric there is on this mount upper Torso.
Speaker 2: This is uh, this is one of those where you're like.
Speaker 1: And it's heartbreaking, It's it's really awful, Like especially especially I think back to the moment where like Griffith was the one comforting Cask about this, like, don't worry about this fucking creep with all these boys like just don't don't think about it. And now she sees this and it's like her her angel, like this this heroic figure to her and oh it's it's a fucking good punch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got sponge were laughing at he said, gout sponged.
Speaker 1: It was yeah, Lucy, we gotta be real. It was pretty good.
Speaker 2: At the time.
Speaker 4: Look I can see through right now.
Speaker 1: We then get to one of my favorite scenes in the entire show.
Speaker 2: Really, I.
Speaker 1: Think it is so beautiful and so sad.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm indeed laid on us.
Speaker 1: So we get we get Griffith bathing completely naked, and Caska is like whoa and she kind of runs away and he's like, hang on there, Caska, why don't you come bathe with me? And she's like no, that's cool, and he's like it's because you think I'm disgusting. And it's like immediately it's like oh, ship, like this is this is going to be kind of rough, isn't it? And Caska like gives them the out. She's kind of like, no, get it. You guys are just having a tactical meeting and your shirt came off. That's that's what happened, right, And he's like no, and he lays it out completely matter of facts lye, I can have dozens of fights and lose x many men, or I could sleep with this one dude and get all that money and bring us to the next level. And it's like, oh fuck. I mean he's not that's the logical, but wow, and then it sucks. It's like this moment where you really.
Speaker 5: That song is playing in my head right now, Like the music is playing in my head.
Speaker 8: Right, is it that bail it I've got to that's as you say it. Yeah, And.
Speaker 1: He's kind of explaining all this very like matter of factly. But then his his he gets like a little flash of the boy and his fingernails start to dig into his arms.
Speaker 5: And tear a skin, very very clean cuts there.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, like just his fingernails, Like what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's real nasty.
Speaker 2: Is a moment of of like, this is I think this is the first time we see uh Griffith affected by what he's doing to realize his dream. Yeah, and it being morally dubious.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. It's the first time I think we nearly see him affected by anything. Like this is the realist emotion we ever see from Griffith.
Speaker 2: It's also the first time we see his butt crack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks pretty cool, Like, dude looks immaculate. Yeah, sick barck crack, and Kaska throws her arms around him, and it's it's a very it's a very sad and very sweet scene like it's it's it's really beautiful, certainly. And then then a second later griffets back and he's back in control and he's not upset and everything's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he never happened. He emphasizes that he did everything of sound and mind and it was a calculated decision on his part just to kind of counter any narrative that he's losing the plot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the way that, like Kowska says, like even by the time he turned around, you know, like that's the snap of how quickly he goes back.
Speaker 2: M Yeah.
Speaker 1: He he has that much conviction and drive and it's it's crazy. It's such a I think it's like such a great like amazingly written insight into this this person who just operates on a different level, Like this person who has a level of emotional control and drive that no regular person.
Speaker 2: Has it's time for your strong software reference of the week. I think this is the right time to point out that the similarities between Griffith and Michaela the kind in Elder Ring, specifically Shadow of the Tree, who is very very very much inspired by Guts. Mikaela is like this child looking soft, kind of softly presented figure. Yeah yeah, and and and is like presented as being like very kind and good to people and a figure to be revered. And then as you play through er Tree and also the original, you start to learn this person might be up to some real nasty ship with how they thinking about the world around them. So there's an element of Griffith in Mikola as well.
Speaker 1: So we cut back and it's here where Caske pretty much lays out her entire issue with Guts, and it's basically like why you like, why does why are you able to pull him from the track like is willing? And this is kind of made largely going back to its two things, but it's largely going back to when Griffith got injured fighting Zod because he Caska blames Guts for that and she really just she really has so much like anger towards guts and is so furious at him for that still because he's kind of he took her angel, you know, like that's that's kind of what's happened here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's also like GRIFFITHI is showing a level of interest in him that she hasn't received. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: He never says anything like that. He you know why you kind of thing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, heavy heavy.
Speaker 1: We then get a shot of three guys in armor and I just for the people watching twenty twenty one minutes and thirteen seconds into this episode, I just love the armor design of these two gents. I think they all look terrific.
Speaker 2: They all just like they made their armor themselves. Yeah, it's right as fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so fun. There was the guy on the left, isn't he it's it's yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. They look like they just sort of like found scrap metal and we're like, you guys won't call like ninja.
Speaker 2: Turtles a little bit. Yeah. The guy on the right is my favorite because it looks like it was like his whole like plan was, I'm gonna make myself look like a bug, and it's like bug armor. It's weird.
Speaker 5: I thought they were all gonna get got too. I thought like Gus was just gonna like snipe them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but in head Goods Hans Kaskas and medicine, He's like, take this. We're in trouble, that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think I would take medicine from a pouch.
Speaker 5: No, that's how they came though back then they didn't. There weren't any bottles.
Speaker 2: Damn, what do you mean then? What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: No, like a little plastic bottle that said tailing all on the front.
Speaker 3: I mean last one that says tailing on the side.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 2: Leaf for something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like that's it. I were assuming that's a pill. It looked like the weight of it seemed like it was some sort of powder. Yeah, I thought, I think all medicine, if it comes in a pouch is powdered. I'm not doing you just are meant to like, I'm not doing any pouch powder it.
Speaker 2: Hm, then you're gonna keep that fever. Who knows what happens? God damn.
Speaker 1: One episode like just really blows those characters open. I think, yep, real, real good. Setting the stage for lots of heat, lots of heat rising to the top of this one friends see where it all. We're all spreads out, but I'm I'm in it to win it. I am fully invested. That was my next question, Jeff, how are you feeling about Brazik. We're at the halfway just.
Speaker 5: As as deep into it as I can possibly be with my entire body and mind. It is Uh yeah, one like this is real good storytelling. Uh, even as uncomfortable as it might be in certain areas, it's certainly been real, real enlightening.
Speaker 2: Real, real good, real, real happy. I'm getting exposed to this stuff. Yes, thank you, Okay, gotcha. Good ship, Tom Lucy. Do you guys have any thoughts about these two episodes? Love them.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for what's next, especially because I just reread it.
Speaker 4: It's fresh in my mind. Yeah, good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot of I think this is the first episode that represents what Berzerk is in its entirety to a degree. Like it feels like we finally got into first gear with this series. The kind of maturity and the theme thematic complexity behind it is finally really like unfurling. And I think if you watch like Black Laws kind of assessment of this episode and how it made him feel is a good representation of how the rest of the series will go and perhaps even escalate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just don't want anything good to happen to Charlotte's mom, you know. I kind of just don't care about Charlotte's mom. I kind of just like want just want her to like have to like sit down for the rest of the season or whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think you and Charlotte's mom would get on like a house on fire.
Speaker 5: Okay, if you consider that to be a good thing. But yeah, you know, but yeah, I wonder. I wonder how the Charlotte ship's gonna shake out too. That's interesting. Hmmm mmm, yeah, keep your mouth collectively shut or I yeah, come on, you know, come on, folks, I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't do it. I can't, you can't.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I totally agree. I think there's like a deeper layer to Berserk that we tapped into these episodes and the Oh boy, I am excited for the journey to move forward from here.
Speaker 2: M hm, oh, yes, it's gonna be good. Grub grub bacala. Where do you expect it to go from now? Oh, geez, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think I think Griffith is probably going to be afforded like noble opportunities, and we'll need to like choose between the Hawk and then and the noble people. You know, I feel like that's going to come to a head in some capacity. I think this also sets the path for like cork On not Corcus, for a Casca and Guts. Yeah, all of a sudden, cork is finally gonna get the spotlight that he's that's well overdue. Yeah, him and Popping become a mean players in this No, and I and I think, yeah, I think this certainly colors and intensifies and sort of like gives volume to the Guts and Casca relationship because now they share something special. And uh yeah, I think, uh, I think you've got the nobles and Griffith and then the Casca Guts and Griffith thing.
Speaker 2: What do you think what do you think is the point of the story, Like where do you think they're moving towards? Like what kind of what do you think the narrative kind of drive of this is going to be?
Speaker 5: Are you asking like what, I what do I think like the main point like the main Yeah, without you know, I guess because it kind of does open up a possibility to spoilers if you like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, correct me in a certain way or the other. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I guess they're looking for like a new ruler ultimately, right, I think like the Midland or whatever this fucking castle is, like they need like a new person to like wear the crown or some shit like that.
Speaker 2: And I don't know what the.
Speaker 5: Band of Hawk ultimate endgame is, right, Like to me, it just seems like this four higher group of merks who have to like who've just sort of been installed as like the de facto military institution of this castle, right, And I don't know what that end game is, but certainly like yeah, and then and then I don't want to forget about the whole fucking Red egg whatever the fuck you know?
Speaker 2: That seems like a thing that that.
Speaker 5: Seems like a thing that's going to show up in a major way in the in the last couple of acts here, I would imagine has a pivotal impact on the grand scheme of things as well.
Speaker 4: I guess Red egg.
Speaker 5: What show show your Red Eggs, bring your Red Eggs to the next episode just in time.
Speaker 2: For reasons, we should mention that I think we talked about it last episode.
Speaker 1: Just get in here because I think another episode should be releasing before it.
Speaker 5: But we will there should be yes, Yes, that is right, folks, Packs East Boston, twenty twenty five, there will be a Jeff Jeff's Bizarre Adventure panel Friday, May ninth, at five thirty pm Eastern time. We don't know exactly which hall that is just yet officially, but you can go to the Pack's website and find out all the information you need before you arrive in Boston. But that's right, John, thank you for bringing it up. There will be a panel. All four of us will be there. It's going to be amazing. Make sure you come if you can. I am very excited.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to meet John.
Speaker 1: I know it's so weird, like, oh, we're.
Speaker 5: Actually gonna We're actually gonna have that happen for the first time at the start.
Speaker 2: Of the panel.
Speaker 5: We're all getting there a few days ahead of time, but we're gonna avoid each other.
Speaker 1: Yep, for sure. I'm like four foot three just see you guys know.
Speaker 2: I can vouch John. John is very small.
Speaker 4: I'm taller than you might think, but not by much.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: It's it's gonna be fresh and new for everyone, for all, for all the all the people on the podcast.
Speaker 2: It's wo be huge.
Speaker 1: Can people find you here?
Speaker 2: Find me on the internet, tomorrog, This is James. Where can people find you?
Speaker 4: Might use the name Everywhere is Lucy James.
Speaker 1: Games, Jeff Bakalar.
Speaker 5: Please find me on Blue Sky I'm at Jeff dot x y Z.
Speaker 2: That's me rhyme.
Speaker 1: Also find me on blue Sky.
Speaker 2: Funds. Mainly just stressing out over a weird dog that lives in my house right now.
Speaker 1: But we'll see guys. Thank you so much for joining us for another episode Jef jef Zar Adventure. We'll see you next time by.
Speaker 2: Jeff.
Speaker 5: Jeff's Bizarre Adventure is hosted by timur Hussein, Lucy James, John Super Eye, Patch, Wolf Walsh, and Me Jeff Bacalar. Our post producer and editor is Jean Luke Sepke. Our logo is designed by Justin Bashan and Jesse O'Brien. Thanks so much for listening.
Speaker 4: Anim