Speaker 1: Herman who it was, who looked very awkward and uncomfortable. And really these two individuals told on themselves as far as doing something they knew they were not supposed to be doing that they didn't want people to see. But Andy Byron has resigned as the CEO of Astronomer, the company, of course, that he led before all this happened. What can you tell us as far as the impact that this viral story, super viral story has caused to those involved, including the company.
Speaker 2: All right, hey, do you have a favorite meme yet?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, I saw what the Savannah the Savannah Bananas did.
Speaker 2: That was the best video I've seen from it. But the memes they're all great, Uh they are. I mean it's unlivable.
Speaker 3: I have a personal affection for the Fozzy Bear and Miss Piggy.
Speaker 2: Yes, well that was good. I don't know, I thought that was clever. Yeah, the obviously political ones.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it is just fascinating how this is NonStop and just how it has proliferated so much across the Internet.
Speaker 2: Social media is just full of this stuff.
Speaker 3: And again, as you mentioned, Savannah Bananas and even Major League Baseball teams trying to bounce on this moment. I think it's just the summer distraction, right. Oh, it's a story. It's an awkward story that a lot of us can relate to. That's easy to relate to, just and and the whole idea of a couple allegedly having an affair and being essentially caught on the kiss cam at the Coldplay show outside Boston is all rather remarkable.
Speaker 2: But you know, it does raise a lot of that.
Speaker 3: And then of course for it to involve the CEO and the head of HR, like HR, which puts out all these memos using all that language that they use to dissuade.
Speaker 2: You can't make this kind In fact, you would you think it was.
Speaker 1: Made up because to see that her position was one of human resources and then for her to be the one, I mean, it's just it's it's I guess everything involved here is how. That's why this thing went viral like it did. It's got all the elements.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then what she's like chief people officer, not even HR.
Speaker 1: She's great at connecting with employees of all levels Rory.
Speaker 2: She certainly should that. She certainly did.
Speaker 3: I mean they are essentially a case study in that HR.
Speaker 2: And what you're not supposed to be doing.
Speaker 3: And then also what about everyone else who was in the box with them, right, Apparently they all knew that this affair was going on, Like that's something else that is you know, wait, so we're all good with letting the spouses of these two people sort of stay in the dark. But yeah, it's a it just it could not be a better summer time distraction. I guess now that Love Island is over here, we got this instead.
Speaker 2: Good stuff.
Speaker 1: Rial Hill, BBC News is our guest joining us here, our news ready to eight forty whas so the release of grand jury files associated with the Jeffrey Epstein case, That, of course, is what a lot of people have been asking. They've been begging for some transparency in regards to this entire situation. And of course a lot of folks think thinks there's a cover up, a conspiracy here. What do we know as far as just heading in the direction of where where Americans feel is if there's the wanted transparency that they seek.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, President Trump asked the Justice Department to take action to unseal the grand jury testimony, but that may not satisfy a lot of people because that's not everything, and I think that's a big part of it. You know, this may be just limited in scope, and a lot of people may say, oh, you know, it's another nothing burger, right, And so we'll see if the court agrees to release some of this data, of course redacting the names of the underage victims and things like that. But it's I don't think this controversy is certainly going away. And you know, this weekend marked six months of the Trump two point zero administration. He's been trying to change the focus on everything from you know, getting coke made with cane sugar, to getting making Rosy o'donnelld not a citizen anymore. I forgot the one that get oh, renaming the rents and or bringing back the name of the Washington of the command switching the name of the commanders and the Cleveland Indians.
Speaker 2: So anything to change the topic so far from this administration.
Speaker 1: Well, I think, you know, maybe there is some thought that eventually, if you just you know, let it die down, there won't be as much noise. But I think this, I think what they're probably going to release is going to end up being underwhelming to a lot of people, and it's just going to keep this thing going well.
Speaker 3: I mean they're all in the same vein, right, the cold Play story in this one, they're cheap, sexy whatever. And you know, easy to understand because if we were to sit back and talk about healthcare reimbursements and how Medicaid cuts are going to impact rural hospitals, everyone knows the eyes glaze over and you get you know, gen z stare. But whereas you're talking about sex cases. Yeah, we're going to pay attention.
Speaker 2: Rory. You are the best.
Speaker 1: Thank you as always for your time. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to my friend. Thanks.
Speaker 1: No, it's a forty six here a Kentucky and this morning News Coffee and Company. You're a news radio eight forty whas Nick Coffee. That's me Toty ben Eddie alongside. It'll be Tony Dwight coming your way here here shortly also John Shannon and studio with us. So the President has told us that he will potentially block a new stadium for Washington unless they change their name from the Commanders back to the Redskins. He also said that he's encouraging the Cleveland Organization in MLB to go from the Guardians back to the Indians, citing that there's a real public demand for it. So take away the political component here, which is tough to do at times. But I don't think there's a scenario, and I've talked about this a lot this morning, where either side at this point wants to go through another rebrand.
Speaker 2: I mean that goes into that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you do, because you sell more gear. Yeah, that's why they change names all the time. That's why the Bats change colors and all that, because you sell a ton.
Speaker 1: But it's not news. It's the same thing. They didn't even change colors.
Speaker 5: But there's going to be new merchandise with the old Red Skin's logo that everybody would have to go out and buy because they've ditched all of that for the Washington commanders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean see, I think Indians can come back more than Redskins because it's it's about a skin color, right, And I get it. I get that. No one, nobody in the actual community of Native Americans care, no, no, and they don't care.
Speaker 5: The family, the family of the guy whose head was the logo for the Redskins for all those years, said they were upset that he got changed. They had no problem with it. It's it's kind of that Florida Seminoles deal where everybody got upset about about the the mascot for the Florida Seminoles that's actually about to tribe, right, but the Seminole Nation came out and said, hey, we're not offended.
Speaker 1: Both the commanders and guardians have said publicly they don't want to change, and uh, it sounds I mean, this is this is the this is the quote from President Trump. If they don't change the name back, I won't make a deal for them to build a stadium in Washington.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And he said that their commander's moniker is ridiculous. So to hear that they don't want to make a change, I just think it's a sign that there's so much that would go into that. Now, you're right, money matters more than anything. But when it comes to rebranding, the amount of time, effort, energy into not even and I'm not even talking about the creative process. I'm talking just about everything that identifies your brand, which it being visible, is super important. I mean again, with the commanders and the end, they would be going back to something that already previously existed. So again, you're not starting from scratch, but neither side as far as these organizations are asking for this, and yet he's made it visa news.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a win win for the Redskins. Look, I'm yeah, I'm fifty six. It's a win win because look, guess who. Look, the NFL is thirty two billionaires. What you know what, You don't tell a billionaire what to do? Billionaires tend to tell a bunch of jump off that bridge, Yes, sir, whoo.
Speaker 2: They don't like to be told what to do. Right.
Speaker 4: Secondly, if they do postpone the new stadium, right, they can blame the President of the United States and go. If you don't blame me, blame the president.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: So this is a win win for them, and it of course keeps them in the news. The NFL doesn't need it.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine, I mean, I'm I'm a Colts fan, but more so me it's just U of L. But Tony, I know you're UFL fan, big Steelers fan. I know, John, you cheer for the Cowboys. Can you imagine one day You're like, it would be impossible to just call my team something different, Like I wouldn't be able to do it well.
Speaker 4: During that insanity of the COVID woke crazy time that was going on, there were two articles written by good journalists that suggested the Cowboys should change their name because it has boys in it. And I said, okay, we've jumped the shark as a society. And I'd say, well that is that. That's probably an indicator. Like to know that that wasn't as crazy sounding at that time tells you where we were. Well, I called the Redskins. I call Redskins fifteen years agoing in Inderdogs. I said, they're gonna come for that name some point. Yeah, And everybody's like, you're crazy.
Speaker 2: Doesn't follow.
Speaker 1: We're taking we're taking a we're taking a little bit of a step back from being so PC. I think I think Shane Gillis is a great example of the fact that yeah, you'll find people that are offended, but you'll also find people more comfortable acknowledging it's not real life. It's comedy, it's humor. It's not that serious exactly. And what I really thought stood up more than anything about Shane Gillis at the SP's was that the crowd full of athletes they felt scared to laugh because they didn't want to be criticized for laughing at something that they may be ridiculed for or canceled because how could they think that's so funny? They're insensitive. Now again, some say, well, no, it's because he was making jokes about them, that wasn't it. They were, I mean they were not. The only thing that he said that they couldn't control their laughter is when they realized they all got god because he made a phenomenal joke acknowledging that nobody knew that the woman that he brought that he mentioned was yeah, but like it was the truth. Like sometimes we laugh at ourselves when we're laughing at somebody's jokes because.
Speaker 4: You are afraid. I asked a question in the Crusade for Children Trivia last week about where did the fortune cookie get invented? San Francisco or New York, And everyone was afraid to say that Chinese people live in San Francisco, even though that's a fact.
Speaker 2: So it's just like it was just like.
Speaker 4: Are you a scared? I said on the air, I said, are you afraid to say that Chinese people live in San Francisco?
Speaker 2: But that's where we.
Speaker 5: Are The height of that stupidity got to when they were going back and finding Instagram and Twitter tweets from people, well they were twelve years old. But to answer one of your questions earlier, real quick. In a way, technically the president can control that because Congress controls everything to do with the city of Washington, d C. They make all the final approvals on everything, So he could go to Speaker Johnson and say, hey, xnay this until they change.
Speaker 4: Don't make a fight with you, don't pick a final fight, Do not pick up buddy in anything.
Speaker 1: The NFL will win, the Shield will level of power we don't you don't see anywhere else right Tony and the Wider coming up next right here on news radio Waight forty w h A S.