Speaker 1: Is Michael garfil Michael Garfield. Michael Garfield's joining in the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans. It has to make life.
Speaker 1: Easier new technology, and Michael Garfield has something you might like. Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio add now you're high tech Texan Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: And we are off first weekend of February. Oh my goodness, January went by so fast. YadA, YadA, YadA. Shut up people, because we got two hours that will float by fast. It is called the high Tech Textan Show. Maybe a little pep in my voice, maybe a little sadness is in voice, says I turn another year older pretty much almost this weekend, and maybe it's a decade older. Oh milestone, or not hold your calls, hold your get well, don't hold your gifts. If you would like to thank me for wasting, spending and informing you for well over twenty three years, well over a third of my life. If you want to figure that out, feel free to find me at high Tech Textion dot com and I'll take gift cards, e cards, whatever it is. But enough about that. There is a lot to dissect. I hope your weather was great. I hope it wasn't. It's kind of nasty in Texas, certainly where I am based. And if you are listening in Dallas, what's up? KFX are eleven ninety San Antonio, WAI twelve hundred AM and h Town Houston KPRC nine fifty am. Terrestrially, we all are over the state of Texas. And also I Heart Radio. You can download listen live, you could download the app, listen on demand with the podcast. No matter how you listen, we thank you and we are going to talk about this new AI a week ago when I signed off the radio. No, I don't think anybody in America knew what the headline was going to be earlier this week. What would happen to the AI stock stocks that are involved with artificial intelligence like Nvidia. Man, how quickly technology changes. This is why I'm actually I love covering this industry. It's just you never know. You just snap your fingers and something changes and we welcome to the world Deep Seek. That's right, Raise your hand. Who has downloaded the app? Who has tried it. Open your phone lines. This is what we're here for. Let me give you the number my friends or actually have deep seek or open AI or chat GPT or whoever want on't you have them call me three four six twenty nine texts in three four six two nine T e x A N. That's how you can get a hold of me. For some reason, it keeps ringing and ringing and an artificial intelligence robot picks it up. Feel free to record a voicemail and we do have the authoritie to play your voicemail on my show to ask your questions or get your advice, or just hear your opinions. And I would love to hear your opinions about number one AI in general and number two Deep Seek, which came out of nowhere. I'm going to talk about that. Listen. There's a ton of other things that yapp about too. I've now had the Samsung Galaxy S twenty five Ultra for at least a week now week and a half, I've been testing playing with that. I've got more thoughts, including the AI that is built into that phone. If you're interested in buying one of these super fast new Nvidia Graphic processing cards. People are lined up for these graphic cards. I am not kidding you at at best Buy and computer stores like they're giving away Chick fil A's or something. It's hilarious. We got a week or so before Super Bowl. We got a lot of information about that. I am your guy. But let's do start off with deep Seek. Earlier this week, US tech stocs they tumbled because a small Chinese artificial intelligence startup said it can compete with the likes of Chat GPT and other US based AI models at a fraction of the cost. Deep Seek. If you're not familiar, that is the name of the app. It is the name of the website. It is a startup that was founded in China less than two years ago, and it shot to the top of Apple's App Store Free app chart after releasing earlier this week a new open source AI model that it says rivals open AIS work. Open AI is the company that oversees Chat GPD. The website deep Seek was so big it had outages because there was so much spike in interest. And yes, I actually had an issue going to their website and tried. I have not downloaded the app yet. I don't know why it is it because it's potentially you know, Chinese, I don't know what's being downloaded in there. Obviously a lot of politics and flowed in that. But I was gonna try it on the website. Couldn't even log in, couldn't even log in. That's why I want your opinion. But tech company stocks, including those of leading AI chip maker in Vidia, they slumped on the news and clearly tech stops. They're now under massive pressure, led by Nvidia, as Wall Street is gonna view Deep sick deep Seek as a really perceived threat to US tech dominance in owning the I'm gonna call it the AI revolution. So starting at ground one, deep Seek, what is it, Well, it's an AI laboratory. This startup says it's AI models, which is called deep Seek V three and deep Seek R one. They're on par with the most advanced models that have been out for a while from open Ai, which is a company behind chat GPT and also Facebook's parent company met Up. Chinese corporate record show that the controlling shareholder is a is a gentleman named Liang Winfing, co founder of a hedge fund. Now you're probably asking why is deep Seek shaking up the tech world well, because the company says it costs less than six million dollars to train its deep Seek V three model. Open Ai, in comparison, spent more than one hundred million dollars to train the latest version of chat GPT. The tech is impressive, especially since deep Seek says it used less advanced chips to power its AI models. What deep deep Sea says, these chips and there have been some restrictions going back to the Biden administration of you know, Canshinese companies get American made, you know, or other chips shipped to them. Deep sick and you know, I'm having a problem. It's like deep sex, which is I don't know, is it a movie or Deep Seek says the chip restrictions, they haven't stopped it from releasing a model that's twenty to fifty times cheaper than the open Ai model. So how has the stock market been reacting? Well, in Vidia, it ended that first day down seventeen percent. It wiped out nearly six hundred billion, that's six hundred billion dollars from the company's market cap. That was a record single day loss. Oracle. They partner with soft bank and open Ai that dip nearly fourteen percent. It did shake it up Deep seeks app. It's powered by this deep Seak V three model. The app hit the top of the Apple app Store Hot free Apps and it is free. Are their security concerns? Well, it's the latest apput connects to China, TikTok's competitor, red note. It's shot to the top of the social networking app ranks earlier this month after they thought TikTok was gonna go bye bye. Deep Seek my guess is expected to raise security concerns, and I think it's a wake up call. I think even President Trump said Deepseaks technology should act as a wake up call for American industries which do need to be laser focused on competing to win. So there you go. I hope I caught you up. We're going to take a break. Give you the number three four six twenty nine Texan call me Michael Garfield's name. You can also go to my ex account, my Instagram account. Oh, we had a lot of fun stuff on Instagram. High tech text and spell the whole thing out. Hi, g H T E c h t X in your calls. Lots of stuff to talk about right here. On this week's abversion of the High Tech Texan Show. ID you thank you from the bottom of my little art for contending to asten to the show for well over twenty years, new in Dallas, New and San Antonio over the year ways, but you can always find all the past shows on iHeartRadio. Thank you very much for all the nice emails coming in with birthday wishes. I am turning a year older, but aren't we all? Aren't we all? We got to keep it young people. Speaking of nice of the comments, Geez, Michael, you don't look your How do you know my age? Did he? I tell you my age? Anyway? I guess I do have a face for radio, but sometimes you put a little makeup and write lighting on me. I could do some TV if you follow my Instagram account Facebook and you watch Great Day Houston, which is on the CBS affiliate channel eleven KHOU. I am a correspondent twice the this week. I was out and about in the Houston area. I was live did several live segments from the Houston Auto Show, by the way, all through this week, and if you're in Houston, I may recommend you go to the Houston Auto Show it's at the NRG Center. Had some fun time. It's actually not just an auto show. It's an auto boat show. It's the Auto Boati Show. Seriously, that is what they're calling it. You can get tickets online Houston Autoshow dot com. Man, I saw a one million dollar yacht. I actually did a stand up segment on a one million dollar yacht. YadA, YadA, YadA. Had some neat cars, three hundred plus cars, four hundred different boats. And by the way people ask me, it's like, hey, man, can you buy a car and bring it legally in Texas? You cannot buy a car at an auto show. You cannot. Sorry, you got to go through a dealer. Or if you get some of these new electric cars like a Testla, I guess you can go straight through them. But you can buy a boat at a boat show. Did not know that until this week. Anybody got a cool Milsky. I got a beautiful Marine Max yacht that I can sell you that it was pretty cool, but you could buy it. But I'd love to see and I guess people do it. I don't know. I mean, I like boats, I've been on boats. I'm not buying a boat, but I just want to see somebody plunk down, you know, four hundred girl Milski right there on a Saturday at the boat show and just trailer the thing out of the out of the convention Center. That would just be awesome. Love seeing that. Love seeing that. Also this weekend in Houston to a lot of stuff going on Houston at NRG Park Monster Jam. Thursday morning, I did a TV segment live on the dirt They were building the dirt track and everything with Monster Gym. I was with uh Stevens. It's just unbelievable name, but his dad got got him into it too, and it was it was pretty cool. Anyway. His ride is thunder roris thunder It. These things are so loud. They he let me actually climb up. I got into this the the wheels alone or sixty inches okay, I am a I'm what if I'm six foot tall? These things were almost as told as me. It's unbelievable, how hig are you? But anyway, they're smashing and the crash and they're doing all that stuff. It is this Saturday is Sunday and next Saturday at RG Stadium. So a lot of fun stuff and you can find all that inside info if you want to actually want to see what the video looks like from inside a cockpit of one of those monster cars on my Instagram high tech text and Hi g h T E C h T e x A N. One week from right now, we will be watching the Super Bowl. The Cowboys will not be in it, The Houston Texans will not be in it. The NFL team that San Antonio does not have will not be in it. So who do we root for? I'm not an Eagles guy, so I guess I have to root for Kansas City, which was the original Dallas team back in the late nineteen fifties. The Dallas Texans true look it up, So I guess I have to root for Casey. I will be watching it, and I mentioned this last week and I'll tell you this again. There there are several ways to watch the Super Bowl. Yes, it's going to be on Fox, so if you have cable, But if you don't have cable, because it's on Fox and it's not on ESPN, and it's not on Amazon and it's not on Netflix and it's not on a peacock, you can wash it over the air. And I have long been a proponent of watching television with an Ota antenna over the air on antenna. Obviously, there are digital signals now that have been for well over twenty years, but local TV stations they are mandated by the FCC to continue to throw out a free digital signal. You have a digital TV, probably you just need to go get a digital antenna. You can get these things really inexpensive ten bucks fifteen. There's really no reason to pay thirty forty bucks. They could be indoors. They can sit there. I would put it. I recommend it putting it near your window, aiming it towards where the broadcast antenna tower is, which you can find out online. And then you could stream it for free. Well it's not even stream you can watch it for free over the year on Fox. Right. So, and I'll tell you this again. If you compare side by side and over the air digital channel versus a cable channel, you can see an absolute difference. The cable channels are compressed. They have to shoot four hundred five hundred, you know, cable channels through this little wire into your home versus over the air uncompressed digital signals. They're much better. You should try this. The other thing is there's relatively no latency on over the air signals I watch, and I have because I'm still stupid. I still have Exfinity, which is an arm in LA, which I've got to stop. Hey, I pay too much money. But anyway, I am easily fifteen to thirty seconds behind on live sports, and so if I'm texting my buddies, they're texting me what the play just happened, even before I saw the thing, and so on big games like this, I try to watch it over the year because number one, it's almost immediate, it's almost live, and it looks better. It looks better, by the way, if it's some reason you want to stream it for one of the first times, you're gonna be able to stream this for free from an app called toob tub I. You may have seen if you flip through your settings of your digital TV they come built with with apps. You'll see Netflix and you'll see Amazon Prime Video, you'll see Peacock, you'll see Max, you'll see Disney Plus. You may see one called twob tub i. All right, it is free and it is advertiser supported, but it's a streaming service and they are going to show the Super Bowl. You're actually gonna be able to stream the game in four K, which you don't hear a lot because there I believe Fox is gonna shoot this in four K, and not a lot of sports are actually shot in four K because it's very expensive. You need the whole cameras and everything. So try that tub I TV. It's free, it's been around for a while. Fox actually bought it about five years ago. Reaches about one hundred million monthly active users this month, so to be another way to go to. And then they've got the commercials too. I always like I'm a marketing guy and I dig advertising and I dig commercials. I like some of the teasers too, because it's the when you spend eight million dollars and I'm not getting you. Eight million dollars is what Fox is charging for some of the ads that you're gonna see probably the first quarter, maybe the second quarter too. They want you to watch these things, and they're pretty cute and pretty clever. And the companies that buy it, instead of just shooting their wad for thirty seconds of forgetting about it, they release them or parts of these commercials beforehand. And so for this past week, I've been seeing this Helman Mannase, I can't even stand that commercial that they're reuniting when Harry met Sally, but Billy, Crystal, Meg Ryan, they are getting I mean they're not gonna recop I mean dollar for dollars and not get they're eight million dollars back. But they are getting so much airplay for new stations, from YouTube, from people linking to it on the social media going, oh, how cute is this? Here's in when Harry met Sally, and I will admit it's cute, but the hell if I'm buying any mannaise people, that is absolutely not happening. They so anyway, they release that too. They've also got some teasers for the first time. You're gonna see ritz Crackers, You're gonna see Hoggin DAWs, Instacart, coffee Mate, They're spending a lot of money and their very first Super Bowl ad. You're gonna see a lot of humor. You're gonna see some nostalgia and a lot of celebrity appearances too. Probably gonna see a little bit more AI specific advertising also, And so go take a look some of those teasers. They're pretty fun. And I saw, yes, I've seen the Budweiser Clydesdale commercial. It tug my heartstring. How the horses pushing the keg up and down the road. I want to how they train that horse. You know what, It may be an AI horse. And so I'm all about the big game. It sucks that no Texas team is there. If you're a Cheese fan, if you're an Eagles fan, raw Rod, good for you. All I know is I am in a square pool. I'm in a square pool that if I win per the per Corps payout is ten thousand dollars. So you can figure out how much I put in. I only about one square, So number one, what is even if I win all four quarters? I will still report to work next week. But dang, I'm gonna be I'm gonna have a smile on my face all this past week. So you need to check out. That's right, ten thousand dollars payout per quarter. I hang with some rich friends people I do. I don't even know what I'm doing. Good luck to you if you're in a square pool. Michael Garfield bought up of the are. Don't go anywhere, because when we come back, we are gonna talk. You're gonna answer some of your questions. And I'm gonna continue talking about the Samsung Galaxy S twenty five Ultra. I've had it now for well over a week. I continue to enjoy it, and I continue to find out some new things about it. And I'll let you know if you should go out and spend thirteen hundred dollars when it was released on February seven.
Speaker 1: It is right.
Speaker 2: Listen to that big Boomy Boys Michael Garfield behind Tech Texan show. Hey, I appreciate you tuning in. Also appreciate one of our big partners, Cabo Bobs. If you were living in Houston and San Antonio, you got one too. Check out Cabo Bobs. What am I I eat there? Easily over under his two point five times per week? It is uh, you make your own. You just go down the road and you could tell them to make your own tacos. You can make your own massive burritos. I kind of have sometimes I videotape. I'm in, I'm like, there's no way you're rolling that burrito. I mean they put so much stuff and their britos homemade tortillas so good and do not sleep on their tortilla chips. Absolutely, the double thick crunchy tortilla chips, homemade walk the in the caso abstinctively love that. Thank you. Cobo Bobs, four of them located in Houston, one in San Antonio, Dallas. Suck it up. You don't have it yet. If you're listening at Austin, that's their headquarters. They got several in Austin. Go to Cobo Bobs and tell them. Mister Michael Garfield just absolutely loves it. But they know they're hear it on the radio. I'm the only one talking about it. Phone number here three four six twenty nine. Text and should I take it? Should I? Should I? Take an email?
Speaker 1: Over here?
Speaker 2: I'm looking at Callum Reid. How you doing, brother Callum Reid? Make sure that we are on air and also on the podcast after this. Should we do a little something something? Okay, let's go a lot of emails? All right, let's do this right now. Emails Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com. What do we have in the old inbox? You've got mail boom? Okay, all right, let's see over here. Let's see if we can figure this answered out. Dear Garf, just listen to your show. My name is Jason I live in San Antonio. I love your energy. How long you've been doing this? Why, I've been doing it twenty three years, but we've only been on the air in Waai for about three months. How you doing Oai? I'd love you San Antonio, Central Texas. Anyway, I continue, Michael my symptoms. My cell phone cannot get good reception. I've tried everything from wrapping it in foil, which I think may be a wives tale. Any tips and tricks to improve my cell signal any Thank you very much, and I continue to listen to your show. That's Jason in San Antonio. Yes, I don't know if that aluminum trick works. I've never had any luck to improve my cell service with the aluminum foil thing. So let me see if I could talk you down off the old ledge over here. Number one, if you actually go outside and find a ledge to hold your phone up, that that may be trick number one. But the settings Jason on your phone maybe will help you get a better cell service, all right. And there's also some tricks too. When I just said stand on the ledge, don't laugh. I want you to move yourself, move physically, move so that there are no obstructions between your phone and any cell towers outside, and that may involve stepping away from metal objects concrete walls because those kill reception. Instead, go to a window, go outside if possible. I know, sometimes it's not the most convenience thing because you want to sit on your couch, you want to watch your TV. Well, then put a damn TV outside? How about that? There you go. Here's another one. Do you have a phone case on? Sometimes you may want to remove your phone case. I don't like doing that or recommending it. I think phone cases really or smart. They protect your phone from drops. But it doesn't hurt to remove whatever case you have on your phone, especially if it's a thick case, so the phone's antenna isn't blocked by anything and it can get a better signal. Here's another one. Make sure your phone's charged. May sound stupid, but searching for and connecting to a stronger signal it does drain battery power, so if you're low already on battery, you may have a difficult time getting good service. Here's another one too. Then I've tried this at work. Sometimes turning the phone's connection off and then back on it can be a very quick and very easy way to try to fix your signal. And that way is you turn on and off or off and on your airplane mode. You don't need to start the whole phone, but the airplane mode. What it does It restarts the Wi Fi, the Bluetooth, and the cellular network modems in that phone. They'll start up again and it forces them to find the best signal in the area. It's very simple. If you have an Android, you swipe down from the top of your screen, you look at the quick settings, and then you tap the airplane mode icon and you wait for it. Give it a good It takes about ten seconds. Give it a good ten seconds to completely disconnect from its Wi Fi and cellular connections. Then tap it again. It turns it on. iPhone not really sure. I don't have an iPhone, but I think you can access airplane mode from the control center. All depends which model of an iPhone you have. Go try it. That could help to and that hells that that has in the past helped me down. Also, if that really fails, restart the whole phone and you laugh. But I do this for my computer. I do it for my my cable service. Almost I do it for my laptops. If for some reason, whatever device you're using just goes bluey, and I've done it. What's cars too, I've unplugged the connectors to the nose, to the batteries too. If some reason something's not working, shut the thing down. Let it see it. Sometimes when you hear, hey, my cable's not working. My cable box head and working. Unplug your TV for fifteen seconds. Unplug the cable. That stuff does work too, and so little things like that. If you really want it, I'll go back to Jason's. If you're still having trouble, take your SIM card out of your phone. Maybe it has some dust, little tiny SIM card because the SIM card is actually the phone number in there. See if it's damaged, See if it's positioned in the SIM tray correctly. Then put it back in your phone. All right. If you have an e SIM, there's nothing you can do the electronic SIM. Best you can do is restart your phone. You can check your carrier settings. You can update your software too. Don't sleep on that. Go to your about setting about scroll all the way down and it'll say phone updates. See if you've got the latest phone updates to whatever version. You're hat, so you can call your phone's carry. If you're a variety, if you're a total wireless person, if you're a T mobile, if you're an AT and T, contact them, go to a store, see if they can do. And if worse comes to work, screw it. Stop paying for cell phone signal. Just use email. Ah to get a landline people, Oh my gosh, I just lost half of my I lost three quarters of my listeners. I don't even know what a landline is. Shout out to my parents listening in Dallas right now. They still have their landline. I'm not kidding you. They have a landline. Who's got a line, Jefferson Jason, thank you so much for that email, Michael Garfield, spell the whole thing out at iHeartMedia dot com. Probably it's long, but it's probably the easiest. If you want me to read your the email because you're too shy to call anybody, have a landline phone. Somebody call me on a landline phone right now. Three four six twenty nine. Texan. Now I can tell if you're on a landline, because I am the high tech Texan all them. You think anybody's gonna call right now? How few. I mean I don't even have a landline. I even used to have a vo IP a voice over IP line. I don't even have that. I mean we live, we communicate via our mobile number, and then obvious we do a via social media, and so without an internet connection or a cell connection. Man, it's just it's just we're lost. It's crazy. So, Jason, I hope you're not lost. I know that you're getting obviously you're listening to radio somehow. But I appreciate that. Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com, Jason in San Antonio, he sent that email, and I'll tell you what. We will take a break here when we come back. You want a little, I could do a little Galaxy S twenty five ultra give you an update that and also, anybody stand in line to an Nvidia the new Nvidia graphics card which costs two thousand dollars, the new RTX fifty series. If you know some sort of a nerd, I just some sort of a person who actually really wants one of these things, because they are a few and far beyond, have them stand by and tune in, because when we come back, I'll also tell you how you can get Oh, how you can buy I ain't gonna give one away. How you can buy where you can find one of them new Nvidia graphics card because they are It is a treasure hunt right here on the High Tech Textans Show. Final final segment, this first hour of the High Tech Textan Show. And if you only do get one hour, the first hour, I think San Antonio and WAI they mail only get the first hour. Here's what you need to do. You need to go to the iHeartRadio totally free to download, download it, then search Michael Garfield high Heck Texan. Put a dash in there, and then you can listen to the second hour. You can listen to it while you're not even at home. By the way, if you're at home and you're putting around, you can tell your smart device, hey blank, and I'm not saying the wake word. Listen to WAI twelve hundred, Hey blank. Listen to KPRC nine to fifty am, Hey blank. Listen to eleven ninety talk radio in Dallas, and you can listen to me just by walking around. It's amazing. It's just this did not happen when I started in radio twenty years ago. Yeah, to have it but yeah, that's a big test tube radio Knockay, I'm not that old, not at that Actually, I personally almost am that old as I turn another year older this weekend. Thank you again for all the shout outs and emails in post. All right, who has to talk a little bit more about big Galaxy S twenty five Ultra. Week ago, I was in San Jose, California. Thank you to Samsung and Berlin Rosen and all the nice folks like Nicole and Michael and Dale forgetting me and I don't know a lot of other journalists up there so we can learn and play with and meet the Samsung folks to learn about the Samsung new Galaxy S twenty five series. They did announce and they are on pre order right now, the Galaxy S twenty five, the Galaxy S twenty five Plus, and the Galaxy S twenty five Ultra. They will be available I believe on February seventh. And is it worth it? I've answered that question a lot over the past week, and I will say this, I'm I've long been a Samsung fan. This is an unpaid endorsement which I do not do a lot of. And I've sold more Samsung probably phones and gear for the past years that they should be endorsing me. But that's neither here nor there. I'm a Samsung fan and this is really, really a very good phone, the Ultra. It's a very big phone. I've been playing with like I've been using the Flip phone, the Samson Galaxy Flip, Flip five, Flip six. I love the form factor. This thing does not fold. It's a chocolate bar size, big old bar of soap. I don't love that fact. But in terms of cameras, the AI, so many other features. Little s pen, little pen that you can write on the screen in digital et ink. Yeah, I do like it. But my answer is this, I answer a question with a question myself, Well, how old is your phone? Well, I have a Galaxy S twenty two. Somebody had the Galaxy Note, and they don't make the Galaxy Note anymore. Really, they actually kind of flip the Note over to the Galaxy Ultra, the s Ultra series. If you've got a phone that's over three years old, you know you should be updating with some of the software. Maybe it's a crack, maybe you want a faster processor. Yeah, go ahead and really take a deep, long look That's why I tell you to where Kate put cases on phones, all right, put a phone condom on them, because they do protect the screen, they do protect the outside from chips and things, and that will make you probably last and it could give you another year, two years or even more longer. You don't need to go get a phone just because some company releases a phone, unlike what you know, you know with you know, Tim Cook or Steve Jobs, you know hasn't betted in her mind. But getting back to the S twenty five, it is a very good phone. The cameras are just stupid awesome. They really really are a lot of the stuff that I shoot that goes on air, that goes on my Channel eleven Houston CBS stuff it is shot with my smartphone. Right now and for a long time, I use the S twenty four and now out for the past week, I've been using the Galaxy S twenty five Ultra. They've got four lenses and the new Ultra wide camera which went from twenty five megapixels last year to now fifty megapixels. The resolution is stunning, and so much so I think at rivals is are you shooting this on your cell phone? Garfer or are you actually using a real broadcast camera. It's tough to tell. And again I've only had it for a week. We can have and some of the features really are nice. The zoom is very nice, the overall images, the color, the way they actually can shoot video, and what's called the log version, which is really interesting. It shoots it in kind of this tone down, unsexy, weird looking version. It's almost a raw and if you know what a raw is, raw means you shoot or you take photos in raw, then you can edit them because it's a very high end, very high formatted, like a lot of storage it takes up. But the Samsung has twenty five You can shoot video and what's called the log, then go back and in a snap you can correct it with colors. So those number of different options. I've used it at night. I've tried to shoot the moon, shoot the stars and everything. It works very very well, and it's fast. To This version of the s twenty five oli Trup snap Dragon eight Elite chips specifically for Galaxy. It's got twelve gigs of RAM built in. The battery is pretty strong. It's got a five thousand milliamp battery two telephoto lenses, and it's got a stylus. And the funny thing is, I think I've used the stylist like twice. It's a new type of stylist. This one does not have I don't believe a Bluetooth chip in there, So the other one's the previous versions. You could take this little stylus which is built into the bottom left. It's like shoved in there, and you pop it out and you can actually write on the screen and draw on the screen and sketch on the screen, make notes on the screen. But it used to be able to actually control remotely the camera and some other features that you still can do a few nifty tricks like that, but I don't know. Samsung may not be, you know, putting a lot of importance for lack of a better term, into the stylist. I personally don't use this stylus a lot. But the snap Dragon eight really really fast. I like it too. In terms of Fickle's physical design, the S twenty five Ultra, if you look at it and when I take it out of my case, has rounded quarters. Okay, The Galaxy Note was very angle, very ninety degree ninety degree. This one round it. I like it too, right, the S twenty five, the S twenty five plus the phone edges now are flat, and I think, to me, it makes the phone a little easier to hold. It seems that this Ultra weighs less than last year's model, even if it's a few ounces. All right, and overall it's good real quickly before we get out of here. Oh, by the way, the AI, the AI I was at the Galaxy Unpacked event San Jose last week, and they really highlighted its relationship and partnership with Google. And that's a really good way to think about AI, because you know, you do need a Google account for using a Gemini, which is Google's AI you know assistant if you will, and Samsung you need a Samsung account if you want to use the on device AI. But there's some neat features. You can long press and the power button and I could pull up a Gemini interface. You can ask it some things. Now, this has a really quick button that I don't need to use Shazam or sound out. I can hold it up and listen to a music. I can on a song and it'll tell me what's going on the camera. I can take a picture of someone in portrait mode. I can immediately snap my fingers. They can make a sketch out of them, a three D cartoon out of them, a cartoon. It's just it's good stuff. Walk into one if you want to try it. If they may, I don't know if they're there yet. They may. They may not even have demo versions to February seven. Walk into a total Wire. Total Wills is not gonna have it. Walk into a Verizon store and walk into a Carrier store and play around with it. I like it. Little features like the now bar. I like the idea of that. Now it's called the now bar. What it is. It's on the lock screen and it shows live updates, your background apps, anything you don't eat. It even unlock up to you and see what's going on. More testing I need to do. I do like the Ultra. It's really cool. And again take it for what is word I am. I'm a Samsung fan. I'm an unpaid Sed and Sung fan. But those are my thoughts. One more hour to go the High Tech Texting Show.
Speaker 3: I do think if for hanging it in there, don't go anywhere is Michael garfil Michael Garfield, Michael Garfields joining.
Speaker 2: In the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans.
Speaker 2: To make life easier technology and Michael.
Speaker 1: Garfield has something you might want. Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans, three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio Act. Now you're high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Halfway through the show. This is our number two with the high Tech Textan show, which means we are a halfway to half hour. And really, since we are celebrating, well, I'm celebrating my birthday this week. It is all happy hour, all the time. Raise a glass no matter what you got, don't drink and drive. And I do thank you for helping me turn another decade older. I'll let you figure that out. Michael Garfield is the name. Thank you to Calum Reid who's pushing the buttons and keeping us on air. Thanks also to all the bosses at iHeartRadio and iHeart Media, Brian Ericsson, Mark Sherman, Addie Martini, Paul Lambert, What's Up Pablo now takes over the Houston market for iHeart. I do thank them for keeping me on the air for two plus decades, which is shall we say, well, over a third of my life. Uh oh, I just gave away my age kind of if you think about it. Phone number here if you do want to participate three four six twenty nine textan three four six two nine te x a N should you get a If it keeps ringing and we use I use in a little AI bot, it should pick up and go to voicemail. Feel free to leave a voicemail wish me all the mozzles and you know, whatever you want for the birthday. But a'llso feel free. No, seriously, you got a questions. We already answered one or two questions the last hour. We will play your voicemail because we have the right tip and I'm more than happy to take care of you. That's three four six twenty nine, Texan Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com. That is the email. All right? Are you nerds and geeks out there? Which I am not. I do talk about nerdy and geeky stuff, but I mean I don't nerd out by waiting in line outside of a store for it to open in the cold winter's nights of Texas to buy an Invidia graphics card. No but that's what people did earlier this week. So in video and we know it. In Vidia, it's the chip maker that is worth billions and billions of dollars or whatever. It's been two years. It's a two year wait, but in Vidia finally released and put on sale. It's very highly anticipated g Force fifty. It's a series, the g Force geg Force fifty series of GPUs graphic processing units. That's a chip. It's two thousand dollars for the RTX fifty ninety five zero nine zero fifty, two thousand dollars. Anybody splurge on one yet, Love for you, Love for you to tell me why you waited in line? And is it that cool? Is it that fast? These are people who open their own computers to sauce it up, spice it up, build their own computers. If you're reading this, if you're listening to what I'm saying of it, the good news is a major retailers, Best Buy New Egg, they've begun selling them, the first wave of them. And the bad news is it's very high demand and there's limited initial availability and they're literally was I saw people posting pictures on of people intense camped out of I think it was. It was at a microcenter of buying these things. My goodness, people, you are intense. I could appreciate the love, though. I mean, maybe I'll line up when a new bourbon is released gitally in the fall. I know, i'mitator. I mean, I've never waited in line for a PlayStation or nextbot. I don't think my kids have. I've waited in line for football tickets. I remember, back in the day, Texas basketball ut football tickets. I've waited in line two. Not so much for a graphics card anyway, if you want to figure out how to get it, if you're set on buying it, probably use the notification features for best buying. Other other retailers what they have notifications to have the best chance of securing one of the cards before they sell out now real quickly. There's several of them. The g Force RTX fifty ninety most expensive, most expensive consumer graphic you know chip that Invidia has ever released, two thousand dollars. But it's also one of the most powerful, and it's very power hungry too. I'm not getting into the big the gigabits. If you know what I'm talking about, you know what I'm talking about. But it's pretty it's pretty freaking powerful. Okay, specs are amazing. They have a one for one thousand dollars. Oh, the fifty eighty A right, not as fast, not as you know much memory, but pretty darn fast too. They've got one for seven hundred and fifty dollars. Ooh, I'm getting in your price range people. Seven event it's the RTX fifty seventy TI all right. It's probably the model with the most interest from people who want to buy something in this fifty series, and because it does feature a good amount of RAM I'm not throwing out numbers here for you, but also you know the price point. It's seven to fifty versus two thousand dollars. Two thousand dollars, all right, so good luck you here, you're here. And then there's one I think there's one more, the fifty seventy. Ope, there is the RTX fifty Now this is one at five hundred and forty nine ers. There's one for five hundred and fifty bucks. Most affordable. It all depends. It's like phones, it's like anything. If you want the highest processing, but you're gonna spend a lot of money, and so it's very tough to get your hands on one of these. Nvidio New Graphics card company itself even stated that they expect significant demand for the g Force RTX fifty ninety and the fifty eighty, and they believe stockouts may happen. I don't know. Maybe you go in the secondary market, maybe you go on Amazon. Maybe just wait. Some countries may don even see shipments until mid February. I saw that. So for all your geeks, for all your nerds, for all your computer people who I live out there, baby, if you got it and you've installed it, tell me what's what's so cool about it?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 2: Should? I? Should? I?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Up at myself. I mean I've got kind of I've got an HP all in one, very happy with it. I mean I really don't feel like opening up my computer. These are really for you know, and I don't want to build a car. I built a computer once with my son. I mean I didn't love it. I really didn't. He thought it was cool because he built this thing because he plays all the game he's a gamer. But I mean it's it's not hard. I mean, just watched some YouTube videos how to do the thing. So since then he's built his own two or three. Actually I should ask my son, Josh, my little son. He may have ard, he may have stood in line and got one of these new and video cards. I'd ask him. I tell him to call in. But oh yeah, my three kids don't listen to my show. That got other things to do. But I do thank you for tuning in and listening. Eight three US sorry three four six twenty nine text in three four six two nine t e XA and Michael Garfield, that is how you're gonna get to me. I just got an email over here, Michael. I heard you talking about the super Bowl and some of the ads they do look cool. Did you hear the State Farm they canceled their Super Bowl ad? I do follow this news. State Farm They've long done some Super Bowl ads. Remember last year they had Schwarzenegger with I think Danny DeVito, I know, get to the Choppa or what really cool they I State Farm planned to be in the super Bowl, but because of the LA fires over the past few weeks and all the money they're paying out, and they just didn't. It was a bad look and so they just saved eight million dollars. Look at it that way, even though they got free publicity from me from that ten second mentioned so that you will not fee state farm. But like a good neighbor, they are there. And I do hope everybody listening in LA who was affected by the fires, and I do have some LA in California listeners, thank you on iHeartRadio. And I do hope all is all is well. But to feel free to let me know if you need some help. We're here at Michael Werfeld at iHeartMedia dot com. When we come back more of your emails. And somebody wants to know, Michael, what's the best weather apps out there? What are some of the weather There are a lot of weather apps. I'll tell you some that aren't worth downloading. But I got one or two phaves that I do like myself. But you gotta stand by. We'll tell you after the break. It's Portion Bars Show, the high Tech Texting Show. Thank you to Total Wireless. Tell you what get fifty percent off when you bring your own phone. That's right. A lot of these other phone carries you've got to walk in or you go online, you got to buy a phone from them and whatever. You can bring your own phone. Just just remove your simcar then give you a brand new one. You can keep your number, you can get a new number if you want to fifty percent off. You got a hurry here, pay twenty buck just twenty dollars a month for one line on their base five G unlimited plan and that's taxes and fees included. That's guaranteed for five years. Twenty bucks a month. How want you to think about this? How much do you pay for your cell phone and data service? I mean I ask people this, Oh, I don't know my you got my wife, my kids are on In my opinion, it's probably about an eighty bucks per LAF one hundred bucks PERL twenty. But right now, Total Wireless twenty bucks a month for one line on the base five G unlimited plan and that's guaranteed for five years. They've also got home Internet. Check it out Total Wireless dot com. If you're in the Houston area, Victra vic tr A, go to Victra dot com and uh, you actually can check out the Samsung Galaxy S twenty five series because they are there and they'll probably have what thirteen fourteen, fifteen specific Total Wireless stores in Houston. I want you to go to Victor of vic t r A dot com Victor dot com. So I appreciate them. You know, I don't know keeping my keep my cell float on. That's it. Even though we had a question last hour of like, how do I get better self phone service? Well, I guess you can get total Wireless number one or go stand outside and hold it up. Uh, it is Garf and what was Oh yeah, we were gonna do some e We're gonna do some emails. I think we were all right. If you want to email me Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com. What is in our inbox?
Speaker 1: You've got mail?
Speaker 2: This one comes from Jenny and Janet is in Dallas, North Dallas. Hey Michael, how are you? Thank you so much. Just found your show on eleven ninety talk radio Love the Energy. I bet you know what's going on over here. This weather in Texas has been crazy. I actually just go to my TV station website for the weather. I do have some weather. It's automatically built in my phone. Is there a specific app that you trust that you like that I can download? Okay, that's a very good question. This is a good time for me to tell you that since I'm kind of associated with k h o U eleven in Houston. They have their own weather or app, but you don't have to download that thing. I have an app that it's actually a widget on my phone that when I pull up my phone, the first thing I see on my cover home screen it is the time, but it's also the temperature and the forecast. Really get too technical of detailed of exactly where I am. There are some devices that you can download devices. There's some apps that you can download on your phone and that that use your GPS and I use your wife, I use your proximity. I mean, you can get down to is this thing over your roof right now? Is it over your roof? And there's a lot to pick from it. There's there's no reason to even pay for some of this because nobody listen. It has been it rained, like you know what this pack past week in Houston. It's snowed in Houston this past week, all over Texas. It's just it's wherever you're listening. I know, this is just the craziest time here. You don't want to get caught in the rain. Without an umbrella, you don't get snowed in. But these some of these apps, I will tell you this, A lot of them collect and distribute your data and that could pose a danger to your privacy, all right, you don't want that, so it's important to understand all their privacy policy too. So you can use your iPhone or your andro built in weather app. But if you're not happy, I do have if you yes, you can use the Weather Channel. I don't use the Weather Channel app, but when I travel, right before I pack, I do go to the we I go to weather dot Com, which I think is the Weather Channel, and I pull up another city because I don't know exactly where I'm staying in that city. Like before I went to San Jose last week for Samsung, I pulled up the weather dot com it's the weather Channel, and I put in San Jose. I didn't know if I was downtown, suburbs or whatever. And then that gave me what's going on. ACI Weeather acu Weeather has an app gives you. They have something called the minute Cast, minute breakdown Forecast by the minute. That's pretty cool and it gives you a really detailed look for the next four hours, probably when the rain's gonna start, when it's gonna stop. But the temperature is going to be at specific times. I like, that's pretty good. Here's when I haven't tried, and so don't try us, because if somebody had sent me that, someone just sent me this one right now. Carrot Weather. Yeah, carrot, that's what it's called. Carrot. I didn't know carrot tops a weather person too. Carrot Weather gives you the weather with a little sassiness, apparently because you could pick the personality you want to have if you wanted something very professional or if you have something called overkill. And apparently there's some heavy profanity. Note to self, download Carrot Weather. I would love to see that bleep bleeate blate bleep, snow is coming. I hate that blate blake bleep meteorologist. Oh, that'd be awesome. That'd be awesome. Weather Bug is a neat one too. I've tried that Weather Underground. I've tried weather underground. Weather Underground also. Okay, And by the way, they got a nice part. They've got a very interesting privacy policy for that because the appletes you know upfront that it's going to use your data for targeted ads, right, but you can opt out, which is nice too. If you want to get really a little bit more in depth, you can go to Noah in a the National Oceanic and Aeronautic and whatever the hell it is. I think that maybe a paid subscription, but to me, you don't need to pay the description. And so yeah, there's a number of different weather apps, so you may want to try some of those. You see you answer, you ask a question, I try to answer them over here over here too, so that may is going to get show right here. Uh, somebody who asked me this, I don't have an email, but somebody asked me a few weeks ago about encrypted messages, about the iPhones encrypt messages. The new androids don't also, And because I was talking about WhatsApp, WhatsApp is a really good app that does encrypt messages. Because you know, there's so many hacks, and you know, are we worried about this country and this company with federal officials and warning people to keep their data safe and cyber espionage campaigns end you really want end to end encryption And at the end of the day, what it is, that's a security method that keeps your communication secure. So no one, including Google third parties, they can read eligible message between when they travel between your phone and the phone that you sent that to. And there are applications that offer into end encryptive messages. Uh, Telegram is one, Session is one. What's app is one Facebook Messenger app, not Facebook, but Facebook's Messenger app, which I actually used to communicate with some people also into into endecrypted because that that happened last year too. By the way, real quickly on get out, how do you switch to into end encrypted messaging? The best way is to begin using applications that support it. Use What's app as a text you know, is your texting app? I message yes on Apple That is also into connect Signal is another one, and some applications they have messages that will pop up that says this is encrypted and what have you. Multi fat multi factor authentication they can also use for sensitive accounts rather than just using a password to log in, and so that acts as extra security for those accounts until our world can stay one or two steps ahead of hackers, which I don't know if it ever will, because there's some smart people out there try to do into endocrypted. It Again, a lot of companies they use VPNs to log in to get to their company's internal emails or did same thing companies. Your company is probably is going to start making you switch to an end to end encrypted thing. But what's app I messaged and signal that is what endto end means. And so thank you very much for the inquisitive. We will take a break. Two more segments. Thirty minutes to go. Michael Garfield. It is the HTT High Tech Text and Special Birthday Show back at the time. We are ninety minutes into the High Tech textan show. Michael Garfield is the name. It is like, actually, I can look on my watch that I'm wearing that I recently got from US Coins and Jewelry. The leader in the state of Texas is not the country of where to get some great Rolex is wonderful jewelry and oh by the way, if you're into coin collecting, there is just not a better shop in the country. You can find them US Coinsanjewelry dot com. If you're in Houston, I Katie Freeway right at Voss just outside of the Big Loop six ten walk in. They are open on Monday through Saturdays. They do clothes on Sundays. I guess Chick fil A copied their business model. Go in there, talk to any of the Duncan boys, Kenny Duncan, Matthew Duncan, and just it's a family run business, second generation and boy they are good stuff. But go check out the rolllexes because and says, this is the weekend. It's my birthday weekend. It is it's another year older. Stop I'm getting for clamp stop it, stop it. Phone number here about thirty more minutes. If you want to join the show, asked questions, give me your give me your opinion on some product I may have not even know about three four six twenty nine text in three four six two nine te x a N. You can also email Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com. And don't forget the Socials Live because a lot of fun comments on the Socials high tech text and spell the whole thing out high tech t e x a N. Got an inside look at a Monster Jam car. I did a TV segment earlier this past week Monster Jam is in Houston this weekend at Real actually not Reliance RG Stadium. Got to interview one of the drivers and I got to climb into a very tall Monster Jam. You can see what it looks like inside got some Samsung Galaxy S twenty five Ultra videos that I'm doing because I'm still playing and testing with that new device. I just gave that about thirty minutes ago, really full review, and earlier in the show. By the way, I think I started the show with Deep Seek AI. If you're waiting for me to talk about Deep Seek Ai, which turned the world upside down and a lot of the a lot of the stock, the AI stock chips and what have you. I talked about the very first segment. So if you want to hear that when we're done with the show, you can go to iHeartRadio dot com look for high Tech Texan Michael Garfield, and you can podcast this whole thing again. Just listen to it again. Why not got anything else to do? Super Bowls next week? Not really at all. Who who's back working in the office. You know, COVID came in and it did changed the paradigm shift of everything in this in this world on planet Earth. It changed, but it changed about working from home, getting on the zoom calls, not getting dressed, wearing your pajamas. The companies now there, they're wanting and some of them are demanding that you get your butt back in the office. How did I know if they're really in your office? Well, I have not played with this device, but I saw it from Logitech. I like Logitech. I think I have for years. I've had a Logic at Wi Fi device. Logitech just came out with something called the Logitech Spot and it uses a very tiny millimeter wave radar and it's for inside your home or inside your offices. Now, I don't know if Logitech's Spot was specifically made for this. And it's a relatively small device that looks like if it's just in the palm of your head and maybe a bit a little bit larger. This could be a corporate office management solution. So what it does. It's a sensor that senses people in a room, but it also measures carbon dioxide, temperature, pressure, urmidity, so you could see what's going on in a room. Radar sensors, they're not very powerful. It's not like you think. But these are sensors that they could be pretty invasive for snooping. Wait a minute, So if I'm an employee employer and I want to put some of these sensors in the conference room or the breakroom or even my personal office. They potentially can sense employees' heart rates and breathing. They could report whether a room is being occupied or not. Now doesn't know how many people are in that room, And I'm not going to causing Logitech on snooping whatsoever. Listen, anybody can go get a webcam for ten to fifteen bucks and put it somewhere. There's a lot of ways to do it. But I was reading something may have been the Vergin. I'm gonna give them some love of that. But this Logitech, it could be potentially used for larger rooms and companies who may already be using cameras to detect and track employees. It could I'm just saying, man, they could turn itself into its severance. Right is at this at the TV show on Appleplus, which I don't have and I've never seen it, but I heard it's weird. It's about an office or something. It's called Logitech Spot. Is it even on sale right even now? I don't even know if it came out, but anyway, it's I guess what I'm saying is, I don't do this to scare you, and I'm not here out to get any specific company. I use Logitech products there's other companies that it is just devices are smart that they can be used for other things that maybe the company didn't initially mean to launch them for, or maybe they did and maybe they just didn't market it that way. But get your butts back in the office, people, and get back to work. Why I'm gonna throw something, this is listen, this is here comes a little life question. Why are so many people up at arms about going back to work? I will say this, I am of the ilk of a different generation where you know, my kids were in their twenties. They have never worked in an office or either entrepreneurs. They one of them works for a company but works from home. They never met his bosses. That's a lot of how you do it. I grew up in an era where you work. You went to an office. You were a suit and a tie to an office, and you had a briefcase man, and you were there nine to five if not more, and you reported to your boss and you did everything that was back in the day. Now, I haven't worked in an office on a regular basis in twenty years when I created the high tech text and TV and radio, I haven't worked regularly, certainly Monday for through fighting office in twenty plus years. I get bored working from home and sitting at home on my email. This is my personality. I want to work with others. Sometimes if your sight unseen, they forget about you. Hi, iHeart folks, remember me Garfield high tech texting. I go into the office. Suck it up. It's not fun sitting in traffic. I doubt you unless, depending what line of work you're in, you don't probably have to wear suits. I don't know a lot of my lawyers. They go in and they do wear suits, lawyer buddies. But why is everybody him and a hauin. How lazy can you be going to a freaking You're working for a company where they pay you. You kind of should take their advice and listen to their rules.
Speaker 3: Go in.
Speaker 2: That's just that me, all right, I'm like og right now. People are like, shut up, Michael, you don't know what you're talking about. That's I'm old. I want to I want to jail with people. I want to hang by the water cooler and talk about football games. I want to have brainstorming sessions. I just hey, man, what are you doing for lunch? Let's go grab a little bite. I mean, it's just wear nice clothes. I want someone to compliment on my on them. I just you know what, get into the office and just hope companies like Logitech and Webcamp companies they don't monitor and make sure you're there. Vital segment coming up. I'll give it out the number one more time, three four, six, twenty nine. Texan shout out KPRC nine to fifty News radio, twelve hundred, WAI San Antonio, Mighty Mighty eleven ninety talk radio in Dallas, and everybody in nine Heart Radio. Michael Garfield is the name. Birthday weekend. We'll be right back final seven. We made it well, we almost made it. Eight or nine minutes to go before it is truly happy hour and I could celebrate officially my birthday. And I do thank everybody. It's very nice to get emails and from listeners who have no clue who I am, but maybe they've listened to me for well over two decades. It's uh, it's it's I'm getting for clempt. It's nice. Another another is my I'm another year older, but should I say another Decade's got up a milestone over here. So thank you, my friends, happy birthday, and happy winter, and happy pre super Bowl, whatever you do. But I thank you, Michael Garfield. That's me for tuning into the long running, well over a third of my life high tech Texan show. H I g h T E c h T E x A N. If you don't follow me on Instagram, you ain't gonna win stuff. You ain't gonna see all the neat stuff that I posted. Just this week alone, I saw some really neat cars and yachts and boats at the Houston Auto Show. Monster Jam is in Houston, and I got to go behind the wheel, really climbed up into a cockpit of a massive monster Jam. The thunder roars. Thanks to those folks for letting me back there, so I got put my camera in there and gave you my point of view. And you know, I'm I'm learning how to. I'm getting better at editing and video editing. Even my kids, my twenty year old influencing kids, influencer kids like, hey, you're you're getting pretty good with this thing they're teaching me. But I am here to teach you no matter what age UH given. No more phone number if you didn't get in by right now. Up suck it up. It's not gonna happ I will probably get to an email here real quickly, and I did. Actually, here's one hold on, let me do it. If I get an email, you have to hear this sound. That's right. I do have mail that's old school right there by the way. This is from Who's this from? LIMBSA get the email. Somebody's got a hotmail hotmail dot com. Oh, we are turning it back over there the original Microsoft email back of the day that was free hotmail dot com. Jonathan at hotmail dot com. Hey Garf, I know you do a lot of radio show, but then they podcast it too. But it seems like your podcast the exact same of your radio show, which does make it convenient. However, I'm thinking about starting podcasting. Any tips for me, but specifically, what gear should I get and can I do it at home? Or do I need to create some sort of a studio love answering questions like this? Love it? Hey listen, I'm a professional. I have a Radiotelevision Film communication major from the University of Texas. You are not allowed to do podcasts. Actually, I am probably the only person who does a podcast in a radio show who has a radio, Intellivision and film degree, because ain't nobody need no degree to do any of this stuff anymore. That's sad, that's the way it is. But anyway, to answer your questions, I have I funny because I have a Bachelor of Science degree, which is actually a BS degree, which that's how I've been in radio. But anyway, a Bachelor of Science degree in radiotelligent film. I specifically took the science of it. How to light a room? How when you're on video camera? What microphones the audio portion? Is it an omnidirectional? Is it a unidirectional? Is it's you know? What? Is it a HyperCard? You? I do a lot of things, and the equipment is vastly improved since I was in college, and they're they're vastly cheaper than when I was in college, too, and there's a number of things you can get to. I will tell you this. You want to invest in a very good microphone, and I will tell you this too when it comes to microphones, if you want to record something, maybe you're a singer and whatever. I have tried a lot of these USB microphones, which is a microphone, and it's got a USBC or a USB A and you plug the microphone directly into a computer. I don't like those there there, it's it's it's poppy. You need some you need to go between to me. The really true microphone. You need an xl R connection. And that's the old fashioned microphones that we have here in the radio studio. It's the big one and a half inch or whatever. It is long metal with three little prongs that you put you know, male prongs that you put into a female you know, Jack, that's an xl R you want that. A matter of fact, I'll tell you what what. When I bought some podcasting equipment six months ago, I got again not an endorsement over here, even though Movo Photo you should pay me. I'm gonna give you some love right now. M O v O E H O t O. Movo is the name of the company, and they had a bundle which made it easier for me, so I didn't have to PI S mail it. And I think I got the md X two. So what it is, it's it is two microphones, so now I can have a podcast with with one on the people that I think it was about three hundred dollars, but it comes with everything you need. Number one, it does come. It comes with two microphones and their xl R. They're cardioid, which is the pattern of where it picks up the sound. Does it pick up around you or is it solo where your mouth is xceler microphone and those it seems to be. It gives me some rich balance sound, good frequency response, It minimizes the background noise, good studio quality recording, very durable, the metal construction. It comes with different colored little foam little microphone covers so you know you don't hear the pops too much. So it comes with two of us. But then it comes with an audio interface. And what it is, it's this compact device. It's about what is it? It's I fit in my palm. Very light, six inches by three inches by three inches or whatever.
Speaker 1: This is it.
Speaker 2: You can put double a batteries so it's battery powered, so you don't even need to connect it to your computer. But it also does come with the USBA and a USBC and a lightning cable for connecting to your PC. I know what I just said. Hear me out. I said, you don't want to connect your microphones directly to your PC. Your laptop through USB. This has that interface, has this little box, very lightweight box that you can individually connect and do the volume on each of the microphones, turn it up, turn it down, and do anything you need with the Movo series, the Mobo md X two, it comes with uh. It also comes with the little arms that you can put the microphones on, very heavy weight. It's it's good so you know you don't need to hold the microphone and it really looks like you're doing some profession stuff. They have a ton of them's. Again, I don't even have an account to get a commission for this. It's not the point. I'm just giving you my advice on iHeartRadio across the world that Movo they really have long had some good microphones, podcasting, vlogging, streaming, cameras and video stuff. So if you're into this, thank you for that email. Take a look at Mobo photo dot com. But it's don't feel free to displurge. Don't go cheap. Not that these things are expensive whatsoever. I think movid does a great job at pricing these things. That's what I use and that's my recommendation. So as I end my birthday show on my birthday weekend. Let me tell you what I don't need. I don't need any podcasting equipment, and I don't need a lot of stuff. I don't need any cars because I test cars every single week. Don't need any phones because probably I got eight phones at any given time. I just need you to love people. I need you to follow me on Instagram high tech text at h I g h T E c h T E x A N. You want to give me a birthday gift, go to Instagram and follow me, and then just just go on one of my recent posts, my videos and just say happy birthday, car. I just want some love from it because I have spent two plus decades giving you some good information. Listen on behalf of Every Bride, Calumar you. Thank you so much. Everybody at iHeart shout out to Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, where we broadcast over the air to those millions and millions of people, three of the top nine largest populated cities in the country. I am there and also on iHeartRadio around the world. I know you listen to me, and I know you take advice, my advice. Thank you so much. Great weekend. We'll talk to you next week, super Bowl weekend. Why will absolutely be a year older. My name is Garth Michael Garki off the High Tech Texcident. Right now, my show is over.