Speaker 1: Utter w LW Jerry Jeff Walker, I am me you or you and that it's perfectly fine with all concerned. I'm sure great show tonight as we come together on this Monday evening. At tail end of the show, an archive piece, but I thought it would be appropriate with spring training now in full bloom. The Reds have already played their first games and opening day just to scant, what is it fifty three days away? Not even that? All right, So all that action here in the Home of the Reds. Of course seven hunter WLW win. It happens, and we'll have some spring training games peppered in between now and March twenty seventh. But tonight an archived interview with my friend Flash Phelps about all the different baseball parks around the country. It's captivating discussion and maybe you compare and contrast notes with Flash on the great parks besides great American ballpark in Major League Baseball. Great lineup of guests as well, including Savannah Mattics, who will join us in just a few minutes to let us know the latest and the greatest from the Kentucky State Legislature as they are holding sessions and deciding about laws and bills that may become law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, and stuff you ought to know. Plus we'll have Frank Levin on the Ukraine War, Shane Jenkins, who is a free January sixer, Steve Gorum from the Climate Science Coalition before the night is done, and we'll try and ring up the wild Man too. But I just wanted to take a moment to talk about what I saw last night, and you may have seen it too. If not, I recommend it highly for anybody who's interested in the Earth, and especially our half of the Earth here in the Western hemisphere. The America's debuted last night, and it was something you us to see on the History Channel or the Travel Channel back before all they had was haunted spaces and ancient aliens. It was so cool. What a trip underneath the ocean, into the rainforest, into the jungles, into the deserts narrated by Tom Hanks. And no matter what you think about Tom Hanks, he did a great job narrating that. But as Chris the two point oh and I am watching the first two installments last night, and there's eight more of these hour long shows to come in the Americas. It's on NBC and Peacock streaming anyway, if you want to just turn the sound off, mute to TV and put on some music. It's so stunning, it's so visually aesthetically pleasing and up close looks at things that you and I never get to see in the animal kingdom and in nature. It is absolutely a must watch. I recommended high the Americas. If you get a change, you saw the promos maybe on TV and forgot it was on last night or ignored it. I'm telling you it is worth the time and your dime to check it out, all right, that being said, Savannah maddics up in just a moment as we get the ball rolling on this Monday night cap the last week of February here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Open up our live stream on the iHeartRadio app and take a look at the screen. You see that little red circle with a microphone on it. That's our talkback feature. Push it and send us your thoughts on the current topic, something that you think we should discuss, or read us that poem you wrote about our trafficking weather and now they go great together the talkback feature. Check it out on seven hundred wlw's live stream on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: App dan Horde for exercise and leisure.
Speaker 3: If your schedule keeps you from getting to the gym, like me, save time with.
Speaker 1: As promised, another conversation with our friend Savanna Maddix, representative of sixty first District in the state of Kentucky in the commonwealth's legislator and legislature, and they have been of course on and off in session looking at laws, drafting bills and hopefully not passing too much nonsense with a super majority of supposedly right thinking conservative Republicans who manned the House and the Senate in Kentucky in sometimes star opposition to whatever Governor Brasher wants. And Savannah first and foremost, what if anything has a legislature been moving in during this session to address what is going to be a long running battle with Mother nature, especially in eastern central Kentucky with all the most recent flooding. What do you know about that and what's being talked about in Frankfurt as far as helping the citizens out in this time of need.
Speaker 4: So in the past we have had the ability to provide additional relief aid whenever we've had floods and tornadoes as a result of a healthy budget Reserve Trust fund. It's another word for a rainy day fund, and we've been having some rainy days in eastern Kentucky, so it's not a budget year. But at the same time, legislators are talking about what some of those relief efforts might look like. So far, all they've done is add an additional five NTI days for the schools. That's somewhat controversial in that areas that are not subject to a natural disaster. We've had parents complaining about the number of anti days, but certainly we want to make sure that any school systems that are impacted by a natural disaster would sources in the region itself.
Speaker 1: What is an NTI day. It's been so long since I was in school, I don't remember those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the NTI day is a non traditional instruction where essentially you take a tablet home or have a tablet and you complete school. And that that may take on various permutations, but it's remote work one way or the other, whether it's a packet or whether it's online or so forth, so on, And we've been seeing a lot of that for snow days, but also for illness and I believe there was a windy day that they used NTIP A windy day. Okay, yeah, it's kind of windy today out there, so I don't think that qualifies. There's not quite enough wind today.
Speaker 1: And we saw, we saw how ineffective ntis were during COVID in the school lockdowns. I don't think we need more of that, do you no?
Speaker 4: And I will say this as far as the learning gap that ensued as a result from the schools being shut down. And you know, teachers don't want this either. They I've talked with several teachers about this, and they would prefer that the students be in the classroom as well. It can't be easy to try to teach virtually. I know whenever I do interviews virtually, it doesn't feel like the same as sitting down and talking to someone. So, you know, we can all agree that it's best to have kids in the seat in the classroom learning hopefully arithmetic and reading and writing and not some of these other things.
Speaker 3: Well, I can make.
Speaker 1: Last, Savannah, I can attest that I would much rather have you in the studio. I love having people in the studio because you make that eye contact and you feel like you're really really connecting and it makes the conversation better. I do a lot of phone interviews, so I've had to learn to overcome all of that. But after several hundred hours, maybe I might be able to get a pass on that particular end I wanted to talk. I saw you. I don't know where the video came from, but it was last week and you were talking about the push for constitutional carry in Kentucky for those eighteen and over. I think the cutoff age is twenty one right now. But if you can vote at eighteen, shouldn't you be able to rightfully constitutionally carry a firearm if you so desire and all of that. Your thoughts on this.
Speaker 4: Absolutely well. We passed constitutional carryback in twenty nineteen that enabled Kentuckians to be able to exercise at a second amendment rights without having asked government for permission or pay recurrent fees. But we said it at twenty one at that time because that is the best we can get. But the reality of it is, they are a multitude of other states that allow adults who have constitutional why exercise those And we need to lower the age eighteen because again, you can be sent overseas to fight for your country, but whenever you come back, you don't have the ability to defend yourself and your family. So I disagree with that, But we may get a committee hearing this bill actually might move this session. Of got a commitment out of the Judiciary chairman, so I'm pretty enthusiastic about that.
Speaker 1: Elsewhere on the Second Amendment in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, Savannah Maddox I had earlier on the show. I will actually have later on the show a guy named Dan Was who is so famous for his Good Gun, Bad Guy book series, and he's an outspoken advocate for our Second Amendment rights. And we'll be talking a little bit about red flag laws and how they violate not only the Second, the fourth, but the fourteenth amendments of our Bill of Rights in the United States Constitution. And can you explain. I'll give you a little explanation. He does a wonderful job of defining what red flag law really are. But why this is a terrible idea for Kentucky.
Speaker 4: It violates due process, Like you said, in addition to violating our constitutional rights, not just limited to the Second im it violates due process in that it presumes guilt where innocence should be. We have that presumption of innocence as well enshrined in our legal system, so it is highly problematic. I've tried to do everything in my power to resist the adoption of a so called red flag wall ever since I've been in office, and we've managed to kill that bill every year since it first reared its ugly head. Going to continue to do that the full length of the time that I have the honor of being in office.
Speaker 1: Well, not that you have a crystal ball, none of us do. But we already know that Mitch McConnell will not be running for another term in the Senate. Thank god, we get a break from Mitch. And I say that as a Republican voter, But we know that's happening, and we know that there's going to be a governor's race coming up. Andy Basheer will have turned out and there will be a new governor in the House there in Frankfort, and we're going to have a whole lot of things up in the air on a statewide scale in Kentucky. Your thoughts on any of that, and where do you think you see it going and are you going to be involved in maybe running for a higher office.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't have a crystal ball, but I do foresee an ugly Senate race. I think it's already gotten ugly, and we don't even know what that slate of candidates is going to fully look like yet. But as far as anyone who's looking at a higher office, we need to restore the appropriate role of government. We need to get back to the Constitution. We need to defend the principles of liberty and limited government, free market's, all of that kind of thing.
Speaker 5: And I have not.
Speaker 4: Seen a preponderance of that type of messaging out there at the higher levels. I mean outside of my good friend's Congressman Thomas Massey. I mean, he's been beating the drum on those issues for years and years. But I think overall Kentuckians need to look for people who are authentic Republicans, not folks who are just going to go along to get along and say whatever, that kind of that Mitch McConnell line of thinking that it's time to be done with that.
Speaker 1: I think Thomas Massey would make an excellent governor of the state of Kentucky. I really believe that. I think you'd make a great governor, Savannah. I know that there was a time when you you know where I am that possibility, and it just it's a money thing. And this is the thing you and I talked about before, Savannah, the major impact of money and money, not ideas, not grassroots support, but money, a lot of it coming from outside the state in many cases, which really always disturbs me. This is a Kentucky election, this isn't a federal election. Why are we allowing donors with dark money to come in from all corners of the country to influence a Kentucky election. I don't guess there's any way to get that train off the tracks, but man, I'd love to see it someday.
Speaker 4: My eyes have been open to that reality contemplating a statewide because you know, as you know, Congress and Massy was supportive of me and very helpful, and I had a lot of outside support because you have to have that. But at the other side of it, you have so called you know, allies, people that you think even within the liberty branch of the Republican Party that would be supportive, that we're not, and we're actively trying to stay it in the way so I think that some of those higher races you kind of find out who your friends are. But you know, again, we just need to focus on getting true limited government conservatives in office, folks that are going to hold the Constitution, and I look forward to doing whatever I can to make that happen.
Speaker 1: What's amazing to me, too, is a short attention span of voters, of all of us. I mean, it was said in some scientific study that the average human being has the attention span of a goldfish, which is maybe three or four seconds about things. But we really don't remember things we need to remember. And I said this when Andy was running for a second term. I said, don't you guys remember the COVID lockdowns. Don't you remember the boy dictator? Don't you remember him sending law enforcement out to take the license plates of people down who were defying his order and going to church to practice their First Amendment rights. Don't you remember the travel ban that got successfully knocked down, thank god, by people like Chris Weist and others. But people just they don't have a very good memory. And I don't know how to fix that, because that would go a long way to ensuring that the mistakes of the past aren't repeated into the future. Your thoughts on this, Yeah.
Speaker 4: So we have to make it a core function. It has to be part of the fabric of the ideology that no matter what happens, whether it's COVID or you know, any other or for example, like think about nine to eleven, how horrific that was. But look at the knee jerk reaction, the Patriot Act, the Real Idea Act, some of those things that happen as a result of using a circumstance to give government more power. We have to have a gag reflex developed when it comes to taking civil liberties away from people and taking power and giving it to the government. That's the path forward.
Speaker 1: Well as far as the gag reflex goes. The government at federal level, state level have done quite a few things that made me want to throw up a little bit in my mouth. So not to be gross, but is there any other thing I know they've talked about what we lowered the state income tax to three and a half percent. Has that happened yet or is that on the table to happen? What's going on with that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we lowered the income tax another half of a percent, it seems kind of anemic given that we have also not me, but the legislature has applied new service taxes that you know are in conjunction with that minimal tax cut, So you know, moving forward, it's good to move away from a production based tax to consumption. But if we need to eliminate the income tax period, we also need to look at the property tax on motor vehicles. People are tired of paying for a card he never truly owns, so that's something else. We just need to reduce spending. Once we cut spending, we can come in and cut some of these taxes too. Otherwise we're just going to be moving it from one area to tax code to the other and calling it a win.
Speaker 1: Could you do something about eliminating the fees on my spec trium Bill.
Speaker 3: Born, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: Every month it's a different it's a different price, and you go, well, you know, it's taxes and fees. We can't do anything about that. I'm gonna have to take a fine comb and a microscope to figure it out all out. But or just cut the cut the cable completely, which is, believe me, becoming more and more of a possibility. But I mean those those kind of fees, like you said, the other taxes and fees. People don't understand that, even if you're not having it extracted at the point of a gun out of your paycheck. We are taxed and taxed and feed and feed to death in this country and Kentucky's no different.
Speaker 4: It is, and a fee is a tax whenever it's administered by the government. I think that that's important because like in agriculture, for example, we have all of these fees. So you want to sell eggs, you want to do this, You want to process your own poultry, you want to sell jams, jealous, you pay these feeds, and when all these feeds add up, and you know, frankly, a lot of the regulations that exist are for no other purpos and to collect those feeds. So that's problematic as well. I'll see his attacks when it comes from your government.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, and thank you for your time tonight. Savannah. It's always good to talk to you. It's nice to know that somebody with a sound mind is like watching the rest of the henhouse and watching for the foxes who are trying to steal our money at every turn. Savannah Maddox from the sixty first District in the House of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Tonight. Thank you, Savannah, thank you, you got it. Coming up next Steve Gorham from the Climate Science Coalition and Latest and the Greatest on the Green Breakdown.
Speaker 6: News, Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: Now being told an email is voluntary, but the nine to thirty report, I'm Sean Galviager breaking now. The Trump administration changed course today, telling federal agencies they don't have to direct workers to comply with Elon Musk requests for information in an email about their activities at work this past week. Heffy Kelly is the national president of the American Federation of Government Employees, who accused the administration and Musk of intentionally causing chaos to drive workers out.
Speaker 8: They want to confuse the workforce.
Speaker 1: They want to put fear in the minds of the workforce that they'll just quit.
Speaker 7: Musk over the weekend took to x saying failure to reply to the email being sent out would essentially be the federal worker resigning. The Pentagon and FBI among those informing employees there to ignore Musk email. Now the latest traffic and weather together right now, taking a look at the major interstates and highways.
Speaker 3: No new accidents now.
Speaker 6: The latest forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred Well job.
Speaker 9: Warm Mother continues through the overnight Tonight. Along with the cloud cover, the winds will start to subside out of the south and western five to ten, dropping down to thirty seven. Some spotty showers are possible as we go through the early parts of Tuesday. Those should fade by six or seven am, and from there clouds will start to break up throughout the day on Tuesday. Tuesday another warm one fifty six degrees with a mix of sun and clouds. Wednesday up to sixty from you Severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Media ronaldis Brandon Spinner, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: And radar at this time is showing a Claudie sky and our current temperature is at forty eight degrees. The fat Ramas Swami kicking off his campaign for Ohio governor this afternoon in his hometown of Cincinnati. The businessman who got into politics where they run for president last year, ending his campaign in the Republican primary after a fourth place finished in the Iowa Caucus enters a GOP field that features Ohio Attorney General dave Y eelst Ramas. Swami does have the support of Ohio Secretary of State Frank Lrose, who some thought might run for governor next year, but instead has decided to run for state auditor. A fire this afternoon in Butler County destroying an auto shop. This happened around noon at Bentley's Complete Auto Service in Madison Township. Everyone inside at the time, but the fire was able to get out safely. Considered a total loss. The monetary damage he's expected to exceed a million dollars. Cactus League Action, the Reds beat the Dodgers in Goodyear today eight to one. Austin Hayes with a six RBI afternoon as he had two two run homers and Sal Stewart also had a solo home run. Following an off day Tuesday, the Reds are attempting to face the Angels Wednesday afternoon. The inside pitch will start our cover to two forty, followed by first pitch of three to ten on the big one. The Cleveland Guardians making the announcement of this afternoon that owner Larry Dolan passed away Sunday Night at the age of ninety four. Dolan purchased the team in the year two thousand. His son, Paul, in twenty fourteen, was approved by Major League Baseball to be the primary control person of the ball club. College Basketball UC Tuesday night will host Baylor tipop at seven on the Big One. Pregame gets underway just after six point thirty. Our next update is at ten o'clock. I'm San Galbagher News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: My name is Kyle Tequila.
Speaker 1: And this Monday evening, we're talking now to executive director of the Climate Science Coalition, author of many, many books on sustainable energy, and the latest, of course, the Coming Green Breakdown or Green Breakdown becoming Green Energy Collapse. Well, I forget the subtitles, but I know it's Green Breakdown, and it's a fantastic book. It takes you through how all of these things that are supposedly sustainable energy and the things that the energy of the future is not ready for prime time yet. He lists the reasons why and the reason that all these efforts towards a green New Deal and everything else that we've been fed Spoon fed by the unso the so called settled science community are not true. Steve Gorham is here and after that rambling introduction, let's get to some real stuff.
Speaker 10: How you doing, Steve, Hi, Gary, Jeff, but good to join you again. Yeah, I'm doing great.
Speaker 1: Yeah you said, you just returned from a trip to Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii and they're still They're still in those places sold on the bill of goods that we have to eliminate carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, we have to stop using fossil fuels, and wind and solar is the only way to go. How are they doing in those countries and do they still have the mandates in place in Australia New Zealand that now President Trump has taken out of the American Energy Policy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they do have mandates in place. The beautiful places. We're in New Zealand and North Island, New Zealand. We're in Sydney. One thing I noticed though, is that it's terrible to get anywhere with cars out there. New Zealand has almost no express US ways and so you're driving on these two lane roads past schools and stop lights and everything else, trying to get somewhere, and then Sydney, Australia is loaded with traffic. Everywhere, the traffic is terrible.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a huge city in the US.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it is a big city, five million people. So we love our cars in the US, and we don't know how good we have it. We can drive anywhere and get quick anywhere in the country quickly, whereas in these other nations, you know, they just haven't done that. So we have a tremendous benefit.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the.
Speaker 10: Folks in New Zealand and Australia, though, we are not real happy with President Trump. They think he's really a terrible guy and the press is terrible, and but I think he's going to have a tremendous impact on getting our energy situation straightened around.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I mean that's one of the reasons that I voted for him. A lot of people voted for President Trump for a myriad of reasons, just a reversal of course of the last four years before that and maybe longer, of nonsensical mandates and dictates that we're supposed to save the planet because of flawed data and just plane wrong data and misinformation. You know, the leftloffs that were misinformation that we got for years on global warming, and then climate train change, and then they climate crisis. You know, they keep morphing the words around to make it seem more prescient.
Speaker 8: You said.
Speaker 1: In his first month in office, the president dropped a bomb on green energy and climate policy. Can can you take off some of his actions here in this first month in office.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's really been huge in one month. So one of the first big ones is he did in executive order on offshore wind licenses. If you're going to put up a wind turbine, the federal government owns a land from three miles out to two hundred miles out off our coast, and you have to have a lease to put up a wind turbine. Well, he has stopped all of those one of his executive orders. He also asked a Secretary of Interior, Doug Burgham, to review all the ones that have been issued already. So prices in European win companies just plunged. We have people like Orsted that have written off one point seven billion dollars and other companies writing off funds, and all these plans on the East coast New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island all the way down to South Carolina and the California as well, want to put up a whole bunch of them. Many cases, they don't have leases for these and they're not going to get them, so their energy plans to transition to green energy are just put in a dumper. That was the first big one. The second one as he issued a executior called Unleashing American Energy, and in that he said, we're going to remove all promotions for electric vehicles, and we're going to remove the electric vehicle tax credits and all these other things. And we now have twenty two states that I want to transition all their vehicle sales to electric by twenty thirty five. So he's putting a big crunch on that. And by the way, there's also a bill in Congress right now that would add taxes to electric vehicles on sales. Today, evs don't pay any road tax really because that's all through gasoline for the federal road programs. And nevertheless, though evs are on average more fifty heavier, yes, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They are. They are causing damage to the road, maybe more like an eighteen wheeler, and yet they don't pay any road tax to maintain that infrastructure. That's just crazy, that's right.
Speaker 10: So not only they're going to eliminate and he's got to get this through Congress, but they're working on it eliminate the seventy five hundred dollars tax credit, but they also want to put one thousand dollars tax on an EV's sale for road taxes. So those things, if they get through, are going to have a tremendous impact. The third is the funding for renewables. We have about eighty billion dollars a year going on the Inflation Reduction Act for wind, solar and green hydrogen and carbon diox i capture pipelines and all these EV charging stations. Trump has put a stop on that. And we have places like Indiana that that said, well, we're going to put up all these solar cells for poor people on the roofs, and that that funding has been shut off. So it's been challenged in court, but he's just put a stop to that flow. So those are our big, big funding issues. And then of course there are the climate changes as well coming along.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love the fact that you're not getting subsidized to buy a car that you we were going to be forced to buy. And again, the reason, one of the reasons I voted for Resident Trump was because of his promise of this new energy policy for America going forward and out of the Paris Climate Accords, out of the cop stuff, just completely unleashing American energy. And we've got so many natural resources, as the President has said over and over again, underneath our feet, liquid gold, in clean natural gas and oil. We have enough to sustain us and to provide that energy for around the world if we're able to take the handcuffs off. And that's exactly Due is trying to do.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and so they go ahead.
Speaker 1: No, that's all I had at that particular point.
Speaker 10: So big climate changes as well. He's basically taking climate departments out of his administration, out of the EPA, out of the Department of Energy. He issued a executive order getting rid of the terminating the Green New Deal, withdrawing from the Paris Climate the Cords, and he even wants the new head of the EPA, Lease deald In, to take a look at the endangerment finding of December seven, two thousand and nine, a date that will live in infamy when the EPA found that carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases were threatening the public health and welfare of current and future generations. He wants that to be revoked and that is the basis of all the green policies in the United States. So we'll see if the EPA is able to act on that.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: Another reason, a lot of people said that the Biden presidency was President Obama's third term because that was his big push when he took office in January of nine, and the EPA reflected that every president gets to at least present his policy and the things he campaigned on, and then hopefully they follow through with it. This president so far is batting a thousand on following through of the things he promised on the campaign trail.
Speaker 10: Now, yeah, absolutely, the.
Speaker 1: Funding for renewables, the Inflation Reduction Act, and you were talking about all these Green New Deal policies and moneies that were set aside, not just in the Department of Energy, but throughout the federal government. And that is all going away either by presidential executive order or Elon Musk and his gang of doze who keep on finding ways that we've been taken to the cleaners by the bureaucracy for the last I don't know, one hundred years.
Speaker 10: Probably well, they they've stopped the flow of it and they're being challenged in court, and there's also efforts to remove a lot of that in Congress. We'll see how that goes. I think they're trying to get it all into this big budget proposal that they're trying to work out. But you know, we had a lot of people that are opposing that. There were just eighty ent of these the other day, that including a whole bunch of oil companies, including the American Petroleum Institute, who said we need all these subsidies for green hydrogen. They want to they're supposed to get three dollars a kilogram. And by the way, the market price for on site hydrogen meat from oiler gas is a dollar a kilogram. So here's a subsidy that's triple the actual market price on site. That's what the Biden administration put into place. It's just like subsidizing four dollar gasolina twelve dollars a gallon.
Speaker 8: Did you ever hear.
Speaker 10: Anything so crazy? But anyway, you know, all these firms want these big subsidies. We'll see what Trump does with this, and hopefully he will shut these down as well.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. We'll talk about some of the breakdown that's already occurring with bankruptcies and such. In just a moment after a break Steve Gorham on the night Cap, the Green breakdown. It's happening right before our eyes, and really it's been spurred on by President Trump, but it was going to occur whether he was in office or not. We'll talk about that and more in just a moment on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: So I went to the bowling alley with my friend short Steve.
Speaker 8: Why are you making fun of your friends type?
Speaker 3: I'm not making fun of Why do you hate I don't.
Speaker 1: He's taller than I am.
Speaker 3: You're no, I'm not.
Speaker 6: Sometimes it feels like it's not safe to say anything, but not with Eddie and Rockey. They want to hear what you have to say.
Speaker 1: We think it's important for.
Speaker 3: Everyone to be heard. Eddie and Rockey. Tomorrow afternoon three.
Speaker 10: On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Tony Pike here when it comes to a first class experience, Cincinnati Cadillac sets the standard.
Speaker 1: It comes to energy in America and the Trump era executive director of the Climate Science Coalition, author of Green breakdown and much much more. Steve Gorum here on the show, and I wanted to ask you sent me some details about another you know, green company so called going belly up. Nicola, the electric truck manufacturer, just filed for bankruptcy last week. Are there are there more of these? Do you see on the horizon coming up? Steve?
Speaker 10: Yeah, there are a lot of these firms are dependent on federal money. Yeah, Nicola was when it went public five years ago, it was belled a thirty billion dollars and now it's a penny stock. It has dropped all the way to nothing. They were trying to do hydrogen trucks as well as electric trucks. They've only got four hundred on the road last year, and they're just losing piles of money. And finally they said, well, we're going to declare bankruptcy, which means a lot of these people that that invested in them are going to lose their money. And they're hoping they emerge from bankruptcy court. But another big problem. So so we'll see if they're able to do that the UH and another big one on the way is Rivian. In December, the Biden administration approved six point six billion dollar loan to Rivian Automotive to build a manufacturing plant in Georgia. Wow, this is another one that's going to make.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 10: I'm trying to think of the company that went bankrupt a few years ago and made all of the news. That was only six hundred millillion.
Speaker 1: You're talking about Solendra.
Speaker 10: Solendra, thank you.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that was a big loan, six hundred million dollars down the drain. Well, this is is six point six billion dollars to Rivian. Rivian has never made a profit. Last year they lost about four hundred million on four hundred million in sales. I mean, it's just uh, and there are more of these companies that are going another one of these EP charging companies EV charging companies. There's not a single one in the world that has ever made money. Uh. They they're all losing money. And you just can't break even trying to charge a EV because most people that are charging at home about eighty percent, and so occasionally they'll show up and do some charging, but they want to build these charging stations all over So we're gonna have a whole bunch of bankruptcies there By the way, the General Services Administration, the GSA of the federal government is about to shut down eight thousand EV charging stations. They were going to put them in place for the post office and all these people that are in the government that we're supposed to be doing evs and the subsidies of dollars for it are gone, so they can't keep these things going. They can't get them installed. We're going to see just a big rash of companies failing that are green equipment companies, charging companies, all that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Well, you talk about all these addicts who insisted that this had to happen to reverse or turn around climate change and the crisis we were all facing based on their flawed data and models that we're always wrong. But this would have happened eventually with or without Trump, because it's the old adage, it's the economy stupid. They never make money, and we who are consumers wind up paying a lot more for less efficient energy. Is that true or not?
Speaker 10: I think it is, And that's what I talk about in Green Breakdown, which is a complete discussion of the proposed transition to net zero energy that talks about power plants and home appliances. You know, they wanted to get rid of the gas appliances, electric vehicles, heavy industry, heavy transportation, of the energy crisis in Europe over the last few years, and points out that zero is more than a reach, it's an impossibility. It's not going to occur. And what green energy means is higher energy prices, electricity blackouts because they're putting in intermittent wind and solar, less freedom because they want to take away your car and your home appliance, replace it with something that's electric, and then these energy shocks people are going to demand to return the low cost, reliable energy. In the book, I predicted this would take a few decades, and I think it still will because there's so much investment and so much entrenchment by the leaders of the world and others in the green transition. But twenty twenty five could be the first year that Doom's green energy. We could see the start of the start of the rollback. So really big things happening right now.
Speaker 1: Well, there's so much money and so much effort and so much I don't know, emotion that's been poured into this over the last twenty twenty five years. Basic predicated on the lie that CO two was turning our planet into an inhospitable place, and that we were going to all die and the Earth was going to be barren because of this climate catastrophe that was looming. And yet the Earth is greening at a rate that we haven't seen in a long, long time. All of the If you look at the Heritage Foundation and the CO two coalition's actual numbers on Arctic ice and glacial ice and rising sea levels, it's simply not there. All the dire predictions are coming unwound right before our very eyes with the truth. So and when we've had like another one of these boon doggles, these Green New Deal boon doggles, what was it eight billion dollars to build I don't know, half a million or so electric chargers and they built seven. They built seven with the eight billion dollars, and now there's snow money left for the rest. Where did that money goes? Where did that money go? We don't know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you mentioned some of the predictions. They are amazing. There were predictions that we wouldn't have any ice in the Arctic in the summer, that those are all false. The United Nations predicted we'd have fifty million climate refugees. By twenty ten, while they revived that was in their website, they took that out of the website. We had a guy by the name of doctor David Viner in the United Kingdom said that children just aren't going to know what snow is, you know. So, how did that work this winter that was back in two thousand. Yeah, I think we got plenty of snow. Matter of fact, we had one day a week back or so when it was below thirty two degrees in all in forty nine of the fifty states in the United States, Hawaii was the only one where it didn't get down to thirty two degrees. But so, yeah, the predictions are wrong and people don't remember those, you know, they see the current headlines and they don't remember all the fallacies of the past.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: That's one of the problems is that we have such a short attention span as a population that you know, the next big headline and we're like a what Russia Limbo used to call it the drive by media because most people when it comes to getting their news and information, there are a lot more platforms now, and there's a lot more choice, which is a good thing, but it's so of the moment, like what's the news now, and then fifteen minutes later you forgot what the news now was, and it just piles on. I understand that very well.
Speaker 10: Yeah, climate is complex too. It's difficult for people to understand, and a lot of what they're reading the press. Probably if you read any article, it's got wrong things in it about the climate. But this is all going to crunch. We may go into a period of a couple of decades of cooling. It has been warming, but it's very possible it could change. Very difficult to predict what's going on in the future.
Speaker 1: But over overall, Steve Gorm, the warming that has been predicted and the warming that's actually happened, it's very minuscule. The warming that's happened over the last hundred two hundred years, isn't it.
Speaker 10: As far below the models? Yeah, the models are predictingly much higher warming. We've had one degree of a one degree celsius at warming in one hundred and forty years since we've had thermometers, very gentle and actually it's been good for the planet. I mean, if you look at all the numbers, people do better in warm temperatures. We get more deaths in the winter, we get more people get sick in the winter, more COVID nineteen cases in the winter. A number of people pointed out that if we have a little bit of warming, will have a lot less people die. It's really better and it's better for the better the crops as well. So the histeria is just kind of goofy and its way off base. Yet fear is a powerful motivator and it's captured many people, and the ideology of climatism is powerful. We just have to work on it over time to get back to something that's sensible.
Speaker 1: The climate situation is one of those issues that President Trump has focused on of the many issues he's focused on in his first month or so. But it is another one where people want the choice of what kind of energy they want to use. They don't want to be told that they have to use this or that. And that's in poll after poll after polled, by a large majority, people think that you should have your own decision to make on whether you use gas, natural, gas electric. And you know, with the oncoming AI race that is underway right now, we're going to need a whole lot more energy that wind and solar cannot provide.
Speaker 10: Yes, we are the there's talk of all these data center using up to twenty percent of our electrical supply within a decade, and states like Virginia and Texas just don't know how to get there, and so they want to build nuclear plants which take a long long time. We have a lot of gas plants that are being built about two hundred and in planning or construction right now. That's going to be the big winner, even though it doesn't get the press and wind and solar just really can't hack it. You know, if you're in Hawaii, it's great. It's windy and it doesn't have any pipelines, and you get a lot of solar there. But if you're in if you're in Ohio or New York, then you got to rely on traditional, reliable energy.
Speaker 1: Tough toenails, Tommy, Steve Gorham, thank you very much. The book is the Green Braak Down, his latest in a series of fantastic, thoughtful and actual scientific results in data when it comes to climate and renewable energy. Steve Goran, thank you very much for your time tonight.
Speaker 10: Thank you your Jeff.
Speaker 1: You got it. It's the nightcap. It rolls on in moments on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: Hey, another name enters the race for Ohio's top office, but the ten o'clock report, I'm Sean Gallagher breaking down.
Speaker 11: I'm honored to announce my candidacy to serve as the next governor of the state of Ohio.
Speaker 7: The fact Ramaswamy, the Cincinnati native who was a Republican candidate for president last year before dropping out after a fourth place finish in the Iowa caucus, is now entering the GOP field for governor. In twenty twenty six, Ohio Attorney General Davios, who previously announced his campaign for getvenor, put out a statement not long after ramas Swami launched his bid saying, in part quote, I welcome mister ramas Swami to the race for however long he sticks around. Yost calling Ramaswami a quitter, citing his departure from the Trump Administration's Department of Government Efficiency recently, as well as saying ramas Swami quit on Ohio by moving his company to Texas. Heather Hill, an entrepreneur from northeast Ohio, also a Republican, candidate on the Democratic side. Former Ohio Department of Health director doctor Amy Acton is running for governor next year. Now the latest traffic and weather together right now, taking a look at the major interstates and highways.
Speaker 3: No new accidents.
Speaker 13: Now the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck, We're here for you. No Fear Dentist dot com comes continue.
Speaker 9: Overnight with a small chance at scattered showers. Shoe the early parts of your Tuesday, temperatures warmer than normal into the mid tup of thirties, says, We'll look at a low near thirty seven out the door on Tuesday, wins from the southwest of night finally calming. They'll stay westerly throughout Tuesday. Rain should be done by seven or eight am Tuesday morning. Then from there will see clearing up to fifty six for a high sixty on Wednesday, with rain chances late in the day. From you Severe weather Station, I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Brandon Spinner, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Claudie Skuys right now and our current temperature coming in at forty nine degrees. Doctors in Rome this past weekend said Paul Francis showed signs of decreased kidney function, but insists it's under control as he is battling pneumonia in both lungs. The Vaticans saying he is responding well to the treatments.
Speaker 14: Cardinals and the faithful gathering in Saint Peter's Square.
Speaker 15: My prayer is how would be done?
Speaker 4: Really, I don't know what to pray for.
Speaker 14: I hope he'll not suffering, The Vatican saying the eighty eight year old Pulpe showed slight improvement but remains in critical condition after suffering a prolonged asthmatic respiratory crisis over the weekend.
Speaker 3: AAVYC news as Marcus Moore.
Speaker 7: In Vatican City and Claremont County, a four year old has died after being struck by a delivery truck. This happened in a residential neighborhood off Clo Pike around four to thirty this afternoon. Ohio State Highway Patrol says a ups truck was turning when the boy was struck while on a scooter. The driver of the truck stayed at the scene and has been cooperating with the investigation. Ohio based Joined Fabrics, which was established in nineteen forty three, announcing today it's closing all of its locations this as a liquidator recently agreed to buy all of the company's assets, as it will start having going out of business sales. Joe Anne earlier this month had announced plans to close around five hundred of its roughly eight hundred stores, this after filing for Chapter eleven bankruptcy protection in January. Cactus League Action Austin Hayes with a six RBI day, hitting two two run homers, and had a two run double with the Reds routing the Dodgers eight one in Goodyear. This afternoon. The Reds have it off day Tuesday. They'll visit the Angels in Tempe. Wednesday afternoon, Inside Pitch gets our coverage underway in the Big One.
Speaker 3: At two forty First pitch at three ten.
Speaker 7: College Basketball U see returning to the floor Tuesday night when they host Baylor. Tip off on seven highw is at seven from fifth third Arena. Pregame just after six thirty. Our next update is at ten thirty. I'm Shaan Gaalbagher his Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Mothers Against Drunk Driving for victims of.
Speaker 1: Drunk nightcap on seven hundred WLW. Garret Jeff, I'm next excited about this. A guy who was on President Reagan's National Security Council in White House staff. He's got a new book coming out in just about three weeks March eighteenth, called inside the Reagan White House and to talk about that and to talk about what's going on now, especially with the Russian Ukraine War and the current negotiations that are going on in the back and forth with Donald Trump and even the Russians Vladimir Putin. Hopefully the Ukrainians get involved in this since there are definitely two sides to this conflict. Frank Lavin, how are you, Frank.
Speaker 16: Jerry Jeff, Thanks for having me on. I'm great, I'm great at it good.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm an Ohio boy.
Speaker 16: I'm really born and grew up in Campton on the north side of the state, so a little bit, a little bit outside the radio broadcast of BILW.
Speaker 12: But it's great to be back home, so to speak.
Speaker 1: We listen, We're on on a Monday night, and if it's clear, I believe it is that signals booming right into Canton. Anybody you want to see, anybody you want to shout out to, I'll.
Speaker 16: Say, how did my my mom still live in the family home in Canton?
Speaker 1: So how about that?
Speaker 16: Ninety seven years old?
Speaker 1: So good God, bless God, bless her. That's excellent, that's awesome. So I got to ask you first without giving away too much of the book. Inside the Reagan White House, it was. It was a different time, but we're seeing some parallels today with the reason that Ronald Reagan was elected and the reason Donald Trump was elected, although the men have definite different styles. I got to tell you, my wife and I absolutely adored the Reagan movie with Dennis Quaid. What what did you think of that? Did you think that was a true representation.
Speaker 16: I think it's very evocative. He's fundamentally a genial guy.
Speaker 1: He tried to.
Speaker 16: Manage to connect people by being approachable and friendly. So that's a very powerful you know, let a smile be your umbrella, and it's a very powerful way of building relationships. But yet he had a vision, he had a goal, he had a purpose. He wasn't there just to be everybody's friend. He was there to help take the country ahead and how to tackle some big problems that we're in front of us. And you're right, there are some parallels with today.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean you believe that the US has to and no one has talked about abandoning Ukraine at all, but we have seen so much money go there for as dubious things like you know, paying the pension of government employees Ukraine and all of that under the guise of helping them fight off Vladimir Putin and the Russians. Ronald Reagan had a certain alliance building kind of strategy that strengthened our influence around the world. Why is it important that we continue to support Ukraine even if Europe isn't all in as they should be. And there's obviously corruption in Ukraine and that government as well. We know that from the dealings with with Joe Biden and Hunter Biden and all all of that. It is it is not as easy, It's not as clear cut as some other situations globally, is it.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I well, first, Russia is the aggressive Russia invaded Ukraine. So whatever problems would have with Ukraine or whatever problems we're going to have with other European countries building there is there's one country to precipitated all that, and that is Vladimir Putin. And the other troubling element of this for US, Gary, Jeff is the countries that are back. And I think you've made some comments about our coalition.
Speaker 1: So to speak.
Speaker 16: To look at Moscow's calls, is Vladimir's coalition. He's got China financing it as his largest trading partner. He's got North Korean troops in the field exactly in combat, and he's got Iran surplying drones. So we've got this sort of access of evil if you will, in there, fight in the fight. So we can't always pick or choose or manage our coalition as well as we'd want, But boy, Vladimir's got his coalition as Wellither there's no doubt in anybody's mind that if Russia scores a win, or China scores a win, or Iran a North Korea scores a win out of Ukraine, it is.
Speaker 12: Bad for the US.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well China is now. We heard today that China is coming to the negotiations table along with Russia and the US for some kind of solution. Now the war you would agree, anyone would agree that the war has to end, and it has to end soon. This has gone on for three years. There's no reason for it to continue with all of the death and destruction.
Speaker 16: Yeah, but there's only one reason there's a war, and that's platim repute invaded. You wanted to end. But there's one easy way to stop it. Ways just to have him, have him stop the war. So Ukraine is, Ukraine is fighting a defensive board. They made one incursion near Curse. They you know, threw a punch into Russia their curse, but they're basically the war is almost one hundred percent on Ukraine. Ukraine cities being bombed, Ukraine civilians being bombed, Ukraine economy being disrupted. So, boy, there's one guy that started this and he can sure end it.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, outside of him just saying, you know, I was kidding, We're going to withdraw all the troops and we're not going to attack anymore. How do we get that? How do we get him to stop?
Speaker 16: No, that's a fair point because now Putin's painted himself into a corner. He's invested so much of his country's treasure and he's got like a million casualties out of this thing, more Russians killed any time since World War Two under Peutin. So he's done enormous damage to Russia. Now he can't just say, well, I made a mistake. He's got to be able to say to his people, well, we did this and we got something out of it. Although I don't think he necessarily did get anything out of it, and he certainly didn't have to do it.
Speaker 12: But he picked a fight and he's.
Speaker 16: Gotten a bloody nose out of this, and now he's trying to salve but some kind of dignity or some kind of moderate success out of this so he can save his neck with his own people.
Speaker 1: As my view, well, he took over Crimea back when Barack Obama was president and took took the attack to Akraine, Ukraine and invaded Ukraine. Will president Bible was president, right, we don't we don't have either one of those obstacles and how to peace because they're both out of office, thank god.
Speaker 16: Right, But wouldn't it be but Gary Jeff, wouldn't it just be crazy irony if Donald Trump said, hey, Obama was right, he grabs putin grabs Ukraine and Obama shrugged his shouldersays, well, I guess I can't do anything about it.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be crazy if.
Speaker 16: Trump says basically the same thing, Well, Vladimir, you got it. You went and smashed and grabbed and got something, and I guess there's nothing I can.
Speaker 4: Do about it.
Speaker 1: Well, they're large.
Speaker 16: I would my advice to President Trump is, don't minimic Obama. I don't think Obama handled this well. Don't replicate that guy. Try to find some way to raise the cost for Putin to have him think more about peace.
Speaker 1: President Trump is the ultimate negotiation negotiator, wrote The Art of the Deal. Has practiced that to some great success when he has people who aren't trying to stab him in the back every time he turns around, which happened during the first administration. And I think that there has to be some kind of Putin has to get something out of it, because Ukraine is Ukraine. With our help, with anybody else's help, whatever coalition has put together, is never are going to put on the kind of military pressure that's going to stop Vladimir Putin in a war against Ukraine. And don't I don't know you as you.
Speaker 16: Know he began the war, he already had Crimea, and he had some provinces in Eastern Ukraine who already had grab some stuff and put in his pocket. Yeah, you're done by so to say, boy, we need to reward aggression. Look, I think that I think we need to be very very careful. You know, I've spent a lot of my life here, Jeff, working on China issues. I told a friend, our goal, our goal as Americans is six months after however it's solved. However, peace does come, we hope soon. Six months later, Shi Jinping is sitting now with his lieutenants in Beijing, and he says to his deputy students, an idiot, isn't he? We want the Chinese and the North Koreans and the Randians. Dod'll say, boy, the cost succeeded the benefit of that one. We better not know more monkey business. We don't need these adventures. We don't want to go attack Taiwan. We don't want to have other little experiments out there because we're just going to get.
Speaker 1: A bloody nose.
Speaker 16: We want them to take that home with them and not develop an appetite for say, boy putin. You know, he had a rough go. But he really got something out of this. Let's go see if we can do it again. That would be a weakened position for the United States.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I mean, how do you think things have changed, though, geopolitically and militarily since the Cold War when you were in the Reagan White House.
Speaker 17: Well, you know, we left the Cold War with a high degree of cohesion among the West, the democratic countries of Europe and Japan and Australia.
Speaker 16: Other there were treaty allies and like minded nations, and there was a sense of mission and a sense of purpose. Now that faded considerably over the subsequent decades, in part because there was no immediate threat, but because the Soviet Union did dissolve and a good chunk of the Warsaw Pac nations Poland joined the NATO.
Speaker 12: East Germany became.
Speaker 16: Part of West Germany. So a good part of what had been pillars of my Oscow strength faded away or moved away. So Europe's own commitments of defense and security dropped dramatically. And this is a point President Trump has made, these guys aren't paying their own way, which I think is a fair criticism. I still think we don't want pune to have a victory, but as a fair critics say Europe needs a heavy up on security if it wants to be taken seriously.
Speaker 1: Frank Lavin, I appreciate your time, and we will do this again before March eighteenth, because I'm interested to talk more about the book that's coming out Inside the Reagan White House. You were there and it's a it's a wonderful glimpse into the presidency that began my participation in American elections. My first my first eligible election was nineteen eighty and I voted for Ronald Reagan. I was great that, greatly loved that.
Speaker 16: That's a great story, Jerry Jeff, thanks for having me out.
Speaker 12: That's a fabulous story.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much, and we'll talk again soon. I thank you so much. All Right, we have was coming up. He's out running guns somewhere next on the nightcap. Last night, I had another dream about Mike McConnell. Last night.
Speaker 7: I dreamt my leg was made of fudge and a group of hobos tried to hold me down.
Speaker 1: And lick it. If I had a fudge leg, I'd probably eat it for breakfast. While listening to.
Speaker 6: Mike starting your day, getting everything you need to know from me.
Speaker 1: Mike mcconnald makes you feel good.
Speaker 5: His voice, his brain, his humor.
Speaker 14: I love it.
Speaker 3: And when you feel good, you look good.
Speaker 18: I look good with a budge leg be a morning lover with Mike McConnell Tomorrow morning hit fine on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's Mulegger dealing with an urgent orthopedic injury. Just walk into Ortho Sincy Orthopedic urgent Care. No appointment is needed at Ortho Sincy Orthopedic.
Speaker 1: As I like to say, his pappy was a pistol. He's a son of a gun, the author of.
Speaker 19: The Good Gun, Bad Guy series of books, and a spokesperson for your and my and his second at rights codified and guaranteed in the Constitution as a right and inalienable rights given to us by our creator, the.
Speaker 1: One, the only Dan was, who was traveling somewhere in Florida. Dan, how are you?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 5: Good Garry Jeff, thanks for having me on the show. And I've been referred to as a son of something, but not a son of a gun. It's usually another word. So thank you, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Well, you're you're quite welcome. So what are you doing in Florida. You're running guns?
Speaker 8: Well, I did.
Speaker 5: No no gun running. Today. I did an event for fell the second Element of Freedom Freedom Rally, Okay, and that was in that was in Summerfield, Summerfield, yep. And now we're so I spoke at that event. We did, I did a book signing, and now we're headed to Tampa and we're going to try to hopefully get a nice day on the beach. I don't know, it seems like it's still going to be kind of cold here in Florida, but just vacationing now for the next few days.
Speaker 1: Just to make us jealous, sunning on the beach. All right, Well, Dan, you just attended the Second Amendment rally that you were talking about speaking there, and you go to a lot of these around the country. It's it's it's kind of escapes my memory. Has there ever been a mass shooting at a rally like that of Second Amendment gun loving, god fearing Americans. I don't. I don't think they're you know once, No.
Speaker 5: No one of the things that I say, because I, like I said, I speak at all the big events.
Speaker 8: Like the Goals event.
Speaker 20: Second Amendment Foundation has their big event and so I speak at a lot of these big unrights events, and I sometimes will get on stage and say, welcome to the safest place.
Speaker 5: In the in the country, because that's exactly what it is. With all those gun owners there, you are actually in the safest place because a mass shooting or anything like that will will never happen.
Speaker 21: And if, if anything, if anybody had.
Speaker 5: The the the uh you know, the the I don't know, I don't know what you call it, the golf to do it, they would be stopped rather quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no, no doubt.
Speaker 1: I mean you you may, you may pop off one round, but then you've got about one hundred guns pointed right at you, making sure that the threat is vanquished.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 5: Well, and Robert Robert Highland said it, he said, you know what was his uh what was his quote? An armed society is a polite society. Sure, and that's really true.
Speaker 1: Right now, there is a push and we had Savannah Maddics on earlier tonight, who's a Kentucky legislator in the state House, and she is pushing for constitutional carrie for eighteen year olds in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and also against the red flag laws that continue to circulate through the legislators around the country in different states, depending on where you're at, that gets a lot of traction In Kentucky hopefully prayer Forlly not. But again we've talked about this many times before, Dan, but explain a red flag law so people aren't misled and think that this is something that could stop someone who shouldn't have a gun from owning one and using it. Why are red flag laws so, I don't know, misdirected.
Speaker 21: Well, they're probably twenty some state eighteen nineteen twenty state something like that who have these red flag laws.
Speaker 5: What they're called what they're called Extreme Risks Protection Orders, So they name them that because they want you to think that, you know, if you're under if you're under extreme risk by these dangerous gun owners, and the protection orders there to help keep you safe. You know, the politicians want to make sure that everybody that they're keeping everybody safe. What it really is, we call them red flag laws, and what it really is is a gun confiscation without due process, So a judge can sign off on the confiscation of someone's guns, and the most often based on nothing more than an accusation.
Speaker 21: And sometimes they can be anonymous.
Speaker 5: Accusations, where you know, somebody can deem you a threat.
Speaker 21: To society and cops let judge and sign off cops and come in and take your guns and figure it out later.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they don't.
Speaker 1: They don't have to. They don't. They don't have to prove or provide any evidence that you are a threat to anyone. Just as hearsay. If you've got a neighbor who doesn't particularly like the way you mow your lawn and he knows you've got guns, he could report you in these states that you were threatening him and that you have guns, and they could come out and confiscate your guns without any hearing or anything. And then you've got to go after the fact to prove your innocent, which is a violation of your rights in this country. As I understand it, you're you're innocent until proven guilty. But this makes someone guilty without any proof at all.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not only a violation of your Second Amendment, it's a violation of your Fourth Amendment and your fourteenth Amendment. You don't do for this, and then illegal teachers, so yeah, so it's terrible.
Speaker 8: And then what's the.
Speaker 5: Democrats really they would love to have a national red flag law. We've managed to keep him, keep him at bay for now, but they would love to have a national red flag law. And serialization and registration of all player arms, which is what they use. The ghost guns scare to try to do, try to scare everybody into thinking that they need to support serialization. But serialization has been you know, the homemade firearms has been a national tradition since our founding, and there's no U the serialized and everybody's numbers. Everybody's guns with serial numbers so you can track them. So they would love to have those two in place, so you could confiscate the guns through red flag laws and UH be able to track them down and locate them through the UH through the serialization and registration.
Speaker 1: Are there any new laws that you and your your folks think are especially heinous that have come on the books this year around the country. Have you been looking at the new gun laws, because there are I know a guy who puts out an annual book every January and list the new gun laws in every state. I don't know why we need more gun laws, but apparently some legislators think we do. Is there anything you know that's cropped up. That makes you go, well, somebody's got to stop that. What's going on in your home state of New York.
Speaker 5: Well, New York recently took not too long ago, took the flarearmed background check from the federal government, which is where it was protected, your information was protected from being put on a gun registry. Well, New York State Kathy Hopel decided that she wanted to take that background check in house to the state Police department, where there's no controls over what they do with that list of gun owners. So we can only assume that she is collecting creating a gun registry in the state of New York. Not only that, while taking that the gun the flarearmed background checks in house to the state police department, base also created an ammunition background check. So you go and buy a bullet and you're going to be put on a list in New York. So we're fighting against that stuff. Joe Biden encouraged the ATF to create what's called zero tolerance policy, which means that gun dealers, you know, firearm retailers, if the slightest mistake on paperwork and they can get their license to sell revoked. So that was the zero tolerance policy. Now we've got new people in Trump's cabinet, and we've got new people in these organizations, these agencies, and we're starting to turn some of that stuff around. So I think a GPAM BONDI is going to do some pretty good stuff reorganizing and get rid of some of the gun grabbers out of the atf.
Speaker 1: Well, freedom is not free, and uh, we must maintain our liberty dan at all costs. And the Second Amendment of our Constitution and the Bill of Rights is a big part of that liberty. It's a big part of why this country even exists. And uh, I'm glad that you're fighting a good fight every day getting the word out.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean it's the most important one because without our guns, we don't have anything. We don't have any freedoms, and that's the only thing that keeps these keeps these tyrants under control. And they we have to remind them who they work for. And our Second Amendment was designed to specifically do that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it ain't about deer hunting, but that's a nice byproduct for a lot of people. Thank you so much, good Gunbadguy dot com. Check him out there and on YouTube, loaded mic podcasts, and the other things that Dan is maybe coming to a city near you, which that rally will be the safest place you can be in that city. I guarantee it. Thank you, Dan, take care, Thanks Thanks Bob, you got it. It's the nightcap and we're rolling. Let's keep it going. Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: News Traffic and Weather News Radio. Seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: Victory over a trusted news source, Well the ten thirty reports. I'm Lee Mawen breaking now a federal judge role today. President Donald Trump can for now continue to exclude the Associated Press from the Oval Office and Air Force One over that refusal to use the new name for the Gulf of Mexico. ABC News National correspondent Stephen Portnoy with the latest.
Speaker 15: The White House responded to its first round win by posting the word victory over the newly named Gulf of America in a graphic displayed in the briefing roup. Judge Trevor McFadden denied the news wire's request that the AP be immediately ordered back into the Oval Office, but he also indicated the White House might be on thin legal ice and excluding the AP for refusing to fully adopt Trump's renaming of the Gulf is quote pretty clearly viewpoint discrimination and that would amount to a First Amendment violation.
Speaker 11: Now, the latest traffic and weather together, we're we're hearing reports of a crass that has closed down I seventy one South beyond US Route sixty eight. So what you're gonna do is take sixty eight South to seventy three West and get back on seventy one South that way. And we don't have a timeline on when this will reopen, but again, seventy one South is closed beyond US Route sixty eight. Your detour is sixty eight South to seventy three West back to seventy one South.
Speaker 6: Now, the latest forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Or more than it continues through the overnight tonight. Along with the cloud cover, the winds will start to subside out of the south and west in five to ten, dropping down to thirty seven. Some spawny showers are possible as we go through the early parts of two Tuesday. Those should fade by six or seven am, and from there clouds will start to break up throughout the day.
Speaker 1: On Tuesday.
Speaker 9: Tuesday another warm one fifty six degrees with a mix of sun and clouds.
Speaker 1: Wednesday up to sixty.
Speaker 9: From me severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning media roligist Brandon Spinner, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: It's currently fifty one degrees, it's mostly cloudy, and we're tracking a rain cell stretching from Versales in Ripley County all the way to Bedford that's south of Bloomington, and stretching across Jennings County heading into the tri State. A local representative hearing a lot of upset constituents. Here's Brian Combs. Such Day Congress and great Landsmansos.
Speaker 18: People are as upset with the government as he's ever seen since his time in office.
Speaker 8: There's a lot of fear and in frustration and anger. People are very mad about the way in which this is all going now.
Speaker 18: Landsmow Sound Hall meetings over the weekend. Pact with people who say you should be doing more to oppose Donald Trump's cuts and jobs and spending. Democratic Congress says what he finds most of servings that these cutsy believes are being made to pave the way for huge tax savings.
Speaker 1: The all for rit the vast majority eighty five percent of the benefits will go to the top one percent.
Speaker 18: As what it says he'd be doing things differently would be cutting the deficit by making sure the billionaires pay their fair share of taxes and Brian Colts News Radio so WLW Anderson.
Speaker 11: High School remaining closed tomorrow due to the electrical issue.
Speaker 3: Contractors continue to work.
Speaker 11: Believe this issue is caused by a busted fire sprinkler that spread water into the electrical system thanks to those icy temperatures. There's no timeline on when the issue will be corrected or when Anderson High School will reopen. All of our buildings of the Forest Hill School District may open. The ACT test that was scheduled for tomorrow is moved to March eleventh. Today begun the trial of Noah Clifton, a man accused of murdering members of his own family in September twenty twenty three. Prosecutors use their opening statement to paint the shooting as a living room and bush a report from the Sheriff's office that Clifton was hallucinating and claimed there were demons in the home. Clifton allegedly shot his grandfather, Ralph Neff's senior in the head fall by multiple shots to his grandmother Margaret Nef and cousin Zachary Nef. It's eight counts against Clifton, including aggravator murder and murder of Ralph Nef Senior. Both Margaret and Zachary survived and are expected to testify tomorrow morning. Our next update is that eleven I'm Lee Mawen, Who's Radio seven hundred WLW seven.
Speaker 23: Hundred WLW Cincinnati and iHeartRadio station make us the number one pre set on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: App Listen for all your music.
Speaker 23: Radio and podcast free never sounded so good.
Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 6: WLW New year savings are going on now in Holman GMC, the Holman GMC self down us here get discounted.
Speaker 1: Being forward to talking to our next guest, who sadly was incarcerated for being patriotic and actually exercising his rights to assemble and freedom of speech on January. He's now working with the Foundation Stand in the Gap to help others who have been wronged and who have been mischaracterized as domestic terrorists and insurrectionist. Shane Jenkins joins us on the night cap. Shane, how are you doing.
Speaker 12: I'm doing wonderful, happy to be free.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How long were you in the in the January sixth stir gulag whatever.
Speaker 8: You want to call it, fourteen eighteen days, oh my goodness, from March fifth, twenty twenty one, until inauguration night.
Speaker 1: Well, it certainly was a welcome sight for you to see President Trump take the inauguration into office as our forty seventh president, knowing full well that his heart and his brain were with you guys all the way. Let's go back to what got you in so much trouble? Shane. Wait till your father gets on. You don't know how much trouble you're in. Uh what what was your What? What did you do on January sixth? That was so incredibly heinous? Shane?
Speaker 8: I gotta know, Well, probably the one thing is I broke a window and people are like, why did you break a window?
Speaker 12: And why did I had a tomahawk on me?
Speaker 8: And so people are always like, well, why would you It was a people peaceful process, Why would you carry tomahawk? And I would take people back? They had rallies before January the sixth, and people had been stabbed and jumped and robbed, and the people that were organizing this event said be prepared because they expect Antifa and blm UH members to be infiltrating the crowd dressed as Trump supporters, So protect yourself.
Speaker 12: So that's why everybody came.
Speaker 8: Somewhat with pepper spray or the dow rod is a flagstick or whatever. That's why I had tomahawks.
Speaker 1: Was something happened, was your into Shane Jenkins to overthrow the federal government, to take over Congress? Was What was the goal? What was the thing that you hoped to accomplish by protesting the twenty twenty election in Washington, d C.
Speaker 8: On January sixth, Well, my goal was just to exercise my First Amendment right and to protest. But the thing that I wanted is I had a lot of questions about the twenty twenty elections. Still have a lot of questions about the twenty twenty elections.
Speaker 12: I wanted, yeah, I want.
Speaker 8: I wanted Mike Fans to send it back to the states, any states that had questions or that the questionable videos that showed suspect things at best being released I wanted them to send those electors back to the States from January sixth, to give them about a ten day period to do conduct an investigation. And if it came back and they said Donald Trump lost and this may have looked this way, but this is what really happened, and Donald Trump lost, then I could accept that. But I felt like they owed the American people the respect to provide us like a small investigation and if we lose, I can accept that, but I'll if you lose the faith of in the integrity of the elections, and that's a dangerous place to be in because then you have selections and not elections. And I just there was too much going on that night.
Speaker 1: Well, and there's two reasons that they have fought back so hard, they being the establishment and mostly Democrats, but others have fought back so hard against the January sixth protests and against people who say the outcome was fraudulent in twenty twenty. The first reason is what you just stated, if people lose faith in the integrity of our elections, then we devolve into total chaos. The second reason that they would do it, I'm just conjecturing here is because they really have a lot to hide. I think both of those things are at play. And had a guy who was fighting the election and integrity fraud in Pennsylvania and he's been on the guest, a guy named Gregory Stenstrom, and he proved in court just last year that the election in a judge agreed the election in Pennsylvania was filled with fraud and that the outcome was not the correct outcome in that state, and that one state alone made a huge difference, as you remember in that twenty twenty election.
Speaker 8: Where are you from, Shane, I'm from Texas, And you know that's the concerning party. You mentioned that one state, and these were very fine margins. You're talking about like ten thousand votes, yes, So which could I mean, it's not that's in votes that I mean states that cast millions of votes, and it's ten thousand one way or the other. That I mean, I think you've got to look at that because that could swing the election either way.
Speaker 1: So I talked to another young lady who also was arrested and sat in jail for months after January sixth, and she also broke a window, which according to the laws on the books, is a misdemeanor, and I don't think comes with any jail time like in Washington, d C. I bet there are a lot of people who break windows committing burglary or other associated crimes, and I bet they're not in prison if they get caught for breaking the window for four years or fourteen hundred how many ever days you were in this slammer. It's the It is the miscarriage of justice to the extreme to make a political point, and it has nothing to do with actual anything based in the law. And you know what you talk about, people lose faith in the integrity of elections. When people lose faith in the rule of law and how it is unequally applied or has been in our society, that also can be a path to the stigion, pits of hell and chaos in a country. And and it seems like we were on the path of both of those things at the time of your arrest. Now, so you had a tomahawk? What they what they did they charge you with possessing a a lethal weapon or what was that added on to your file of misery?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so they did charge me that I didn't get to the rest of the parts is of it. I did have assaults on on alleged federal officers. But here's the deal. I've watched people be brutalized. Then I went to inspect. That's why I broke the windows. Lots of people get beat and I was like, if they're getting the crap beat out of them, why don't we just go in this window, like the window can be replaced. Like we knew that people were being let in on the other side, why don't we just go through the window that way, they're not assaulting police officers or whatever trying to get in. But the people that I saw getting hurt weren't doing anything and they were being assaulted.
Speaker 12: So after I hit the window.
Speaker 8: The crowd was like, no, no, we don't do that. So I was like, Okay, well what I'm gonna do is I'm going to go up to the front line where I saw these people getting hurt after that, and went up there. Before I even got up to the front line, I was pepper sprayed four times. So I turned my back on the officers and started working my way through the crowd backwards, And when I finally got up to the police line, I was struck by a commander Backshaw on the top of the head with an extendable baton for doing nothing. I mean, I couldn't even see him. I never took direct action against the police. And that's the same officer who beat Victoria White and about the head, like over the head thirty two times with the same extendable ass and it was sad. I mean, I've seen the video and it is absolutely horrific what they did to that woman. And she never not once raised a finger against any officer. And I don't know if it was because she was wearing a Maga hat that he was triggered, but he honed in on her and just went after her. And I feel like I was just collateral damage.
Speaker 12: Of her being.
Speaker 8: And so after that happened, I went out of the tunnel. I couldn't see her breathe. And then somebody got on a loud speaker on a megaphone and said, my dad just texted me. His name was Ryan Nichols, also January sixth er. He said, my dad just texted me and they shot an unarmed protester inside the Capitol. And when they told me that, I yeah, I actually bad it. I had been I had watched people be assaulted, I had been assaulted Victoria White had been assaulted and I come out and now they've told me they've killed somebody inside the Capitol. And on top of it all up, I felt like they're stealing an election. And so at that point I lost my cool and I started throwing sticks and what pieces of a crutch or desk or whatever's like laying on the ground, just refuse that I picked up off the ground. Nothing tomahawk, nothing like that. But I threw at the fully protected riot gear, face mask, helmets, shoulder pads, riot police. I threw them in their vicinity. No officer identified me as hurting them. Nobody suffered any bodily injury from anything I did. But the prosecutor asked for two hundred and thirty two months for me in prison, and they gave me eighty four months.
Speaker 1: Micah, And how much of that did you? Did you serve every bit of that or how much did you serve?
Speaker 8: I served forty six and a half months.
Speaker 1: Now, that's too that's too long, it's too long.
Speaker 8: Fourteen and eighteen days of a long, long stretch. And in those days in the DC jail, they denied us because we we were vaccine hesitant as well. I would say they were trying to make us get the vaccine, and they we wouldn't get it, And so they denied his visitation with our family for two years, They denied his haircuts for two years, and they also deny religious.
Speaker 12: Services for two years.
Speaker 8: And those are all basic human rights as well as under the constitutions, they're supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're able to do those they're constitutional rights, and they're guaranteed by God and supposed to be backed up by the given to us by God, guaranteed by the government. And you lost that guarantee. So you know what, that's a third that's a third leg of something that sows distrust and chaos into a society like ours. You can't you can't have any respect or or you don't have expectation of elections that are fair, you don't have jurisprudence, you know, and you're you're being denied all these things, and then you're being thrown into Now I will say that you're probably, from what you've described, the most violence of any January sixth detainee that I have talked to, and only because of the win and the tomahawk and the admission that, yeah, you were striking back against people that were abusing and hurting protesters who were doing nothing at all. I talked to another J sixer who and she said that we're just standing out on the sidewalk of the Capitol before anybody even came to the Capitol, and we're just sitting there with our signs and we're chanting, and they're firing rubber bullets. The Capitol police are filing rubber bullets at us just for standing there with signs. That's a violation of the First Amendment front and center right there.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, now, you know.
Speaker 8: And what's weird is my so I showed up about an hour later than I guess all those things transpired, they were fired, so because we had we had access to sixteen thousand hours in the DC jail of all this footage, and I, you know, I was late to the Lower West Terrace. And but what is weird is what eye witnessed matches up perfectly with everybody that was there.
Speaker 12: Early.
Speaker 8: The police were provoking launching munitions into the crowd, shooting pepper ball like paintball style munitions that people They were shooting like the thirty millimeter grenade launched like flash bangs, tear gas into a crowd that was taking no direct action against the officers. As a matter of fact, they were launching them over the front of the crowd into the back of the crowd, which then causes the people in the back to push forward, which then pushes the guys in the front up against the police lines. And so there was a lot like and then to get on up to when I showed up an hour later. The things continued, the provocation and the attacks on the general public by the police. So the mo by the police was the same early on and the same when I got there, which was interesting. That's what was weird, because a majority, not a majority, but a high percentage of the men in the jail with me were military marines, army rangers, army special forces, and the police officers, prison guards, and they all know how to respond to violence, and so the very same thing that they witnessed, they responded to the very same thing that I witnessed. I responded to it. And here we all sit in jail together, and so it wasn't a mistake that we all ended up in there together. It was because they witnessed women being pushed down the stairs, women being beaten, elderly people being beaten, and they reacted to it. Thomas Webster, for instance, career, honorable career at the NYPD Marine, served on the Governor's Detail in New York for ten years, witnessed the woman being brutalized, responded, never been in trouble, career law enforcement, and they gave him ten years in prison because he stood up for somebody being assaulted by.
Speaker 12: A DC police officer.
Speaker 8: And so on down the lad It was the same story, just a different person, different police officers.
Speaker 1: Do you believe Shane, that there were there were FBI and undercover federal agents in that crowd provoking the crowd and stirring things up.
Speaker 8: Oh absolutely, I would love to see. I believe there were some agents and they were probably more passive in the crowd. But who I believe was in the crowd was these cooperative informants. They are cooperative individuals that are professional assets for the FBI, or I would call professional snitches that were in the crowd. As as a matter of fact, also, I had the privilege, and I wouldn't say the honor, but I had an opportunity to sit down with an Antifa member that was put in the DC jail with us, and he shared his story of how there was eighteen Antifa members at the Capitol and I interviewed and he's a self about Antifa, and he shared his story, wrote a letter that he wanted me to release to the media. So I know they were counter protests in the crowd, provoking the police. And we watched video of him and his friends throwing frozen water bottles at the tops, cussing the tops out, like really almost provoking the police before the police started attacking the crowd. And that may have played a role in it. So there's so many different layers. And not to mention the level of security, the amount of security being dropped down low, two hundred out of two thousand Capitol Police officers being there. Not to mention the reports that Congress had received that Troy Nell was released in his book that they talked about. They had several like October, November, December security reports saying there's a high level of hyperpensity for violence on January sixth, because they were getting all this intel coming in and so that they should have been on their guard. They should have had all hands on deck and been prepared for events to get out of control. But I believe Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and these people wanted to give MAGA a black eye, and they gave us the perfect circumstances and opportunity, oh yeah, to walk everybody into a trap.
Speaker 1: That was a carefully orchestrated si op by Nancy Pelosi and the left who wanted to permanently demonize Donald Trump and anyone who supported him. He offered Donald president, Donald, who was president on January sixth, had offered and been refused by Nancy Pelosi and the Senate Sergeant at Arms the ten thousand extra National Guard troops that he offered to deploy because of those same reports you're talking about, and they said, no, we're fine, We're fine, and then claimed that they were in fear for their lives afterwards.
Speaker 8: All right, I don't know what you would call that, Darrel dy or I don't know what you would call that, but yeah, it seems treatments.
Speaker 1: So I mean, Shane, if there had been ten thousand National Guard this, you wouldn't have had a chance to break a window that day, right, No, absolutely.
Speaker 8: Not no, And we would have been we would have been loving on those people, shaking their hands, so thank you for serving.
Speaker 1: And all those things.
Speaker 8: It was not I totally did not expect that to happen at the Capitol. What I saw at the Ellipse was praying and singing and dancing and people smiling, and it was like a church spiritual concert atmosphere, and it was one of the most beautiful experiences I'd ever seen. And then to come to the Capitol and just see something completely.
Speaker 12: Different.
Speaker 8: Had I used my right thinking, I'd be like, this is a trap. You know, my buddy Rob Morris Lego Man calls it. January sixth was a lobster trap, and it was. It was.
Speaker 12: It was set up to not.
Speaker 8: Only it cooled any desire to go to DC to protest or to do anything like that from the right after that point, because it was people were like, I can't.
Speaker 12: I'm not willing to lose everything. I'm not willing to get canceled, I'm not willing to go to jail.
Speaker 8: And so that served their purpose.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go. A sad chapter. Uh that hopefully is closed for you and everybody else who had to experience a political prison in America. It's just it's just amazing that that that ain't even happened. And and you know what else is ironic to me or not ironic, it's it's sympathy simpatico. Was what happened to the election. We had a fake election and then we had a fake insurrection and it was all orchestrated by the same people.
Speaker 12: That's right.
Speaker 8: Well, I'll tell you what what the devilment to use to destroy us? God is going to use it for his glory. And I feel like am we got to serve in a capacity and help get President Trump elected for the second and for the third time, really I believe. But and so a lot of positive things have come of this. Not to mention no one where we started the foundation, we're going to work on justice reform and set in the January sixth, Men's Lives is back on track.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me about the organization again.
Speaker 8: Yeah. So we're working went to two prong attack. One of them for the you know right now, is trying to help January six guys get their lives back. We're going to be working on credit reprayer. We're working on a program called Operation Memory Maker, where we're going to be funding a three to five day vacation with husband and wife and children and whatever their familial situation is. But we wanted them to be able to take a vacation and get those family bonds back together because a lot of the guys have been gone almost four years, and so we want them to be able to get away, just unplug, spend some time with the wife and kid, and just get right and not have to pay for anything. So that's another thing we're working on. We're also working on healthcare because the medical and dental treatment in the prison is horrific, and so we're trying to just get everybody situated and get them back to the quality of life at least that they had before, if not better. And then the second prong of the attack is moving forward, is we're going to work on prison reform and justice. And so I've had some very interesting conversations with some people high up in the government that tell us that President Trump is passionate about prison informance.
Speaker 12: So we want to we want.
Speaker 8: To reach back and help these people who are going to be your neighbors and my neighbors, and whose kids are going to be going to school with our kids, and we want them to be the best they can be. And we think we need to fundamentally rethink the prison system, especially the Federal BOP, because what I saw, I saw multiple people die in there, and I saw an insane amount of drug abuse and overdoses and all kinds of stuff like that, and I saw very little focus.
Speaker 12: On bettering the men and investing in those men.
Speaker 8: And trying to have an environment that's conducive for them to get vocational training or college education or anything like that. From what I saw, the first step back was a joke, and the courses that the guys are taking or it's it's really a joke, and I feel like it's set up to be a money scam. And so we gotta we got to promote an environment that is peaceful, and we got to get the gangs under control in there, and we've got to get the drug and all that stuff out of there.
Speaker 12: And so so to have a huge.
Speaker 8: Fight for that.
Speaker 1: How to how do people? How do people find out more? Maybe help Shane?
Speaker 8: Is there a website or yes, sir, if you go to Stand in the Gap Dot Foundation that Stand in the Gap Dot Foundation, you can go and you can see what we're doing. You can see the team that we've assembled, see the programs if you want to donate, we would love that that will help us fight the fight. And there's we have heard there's something like Jared Kushner, Steve Bannon, Peter Navarro are passionate about this prison reform and so we're jumping in the middle of it. We're gonna we're gonna fight all the way to invest in these people and hopefully make America better, make make prison great again.
Speaker 1: I know that doesn't sound like it was ever great, but all right, Shane Jenkins, thank you so much. I'm glad you're out, and I'm glad you're doing the work and focusing on what you're focusing on because you could be a very better person and I don't hear that in your voice. Thank you so much, sir for everything.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, thank you for having me.
Speaker 12: God bless you.
Speaker 1: You got it. Another hour of the Nightcap as we roll into midnight, coming right up on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Hey, it's Tony Pike and if you're busy with life like me, convenience is the ultimately.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred wl W. Garry Jeff Walker with one of my rare chances to talk to you during the summer months and reds Baseball ongoing. We're at the All Star Break and tonight at Arlington, Texas at Globe Live Field, the home run derby tomorrow night, the Al versus the NL. And I thought, you know, just as a special kind of thing, how about we get somebody who not only loves baseball, but has been to numerous ballparks around the country to talk baseball and traveling. And there is no greater than well, let's introduce him this way.
Speaker 16: Wiz Kids had wonted, Bobby Tomson had done it, and you'll read the comics all the one.
Speaker 1: The rock and Roll was being born marijuana We with.
Speaker 6: Scorn so down on the corner of the national pastime went on, trap.
Speaker 3: It's off and ball.
Speaker 1: That's right. It's the great Terry Cashman talking baseball. That's right, with Willie Mickey and the Duke and more and more and more ever since. Flash Phelps joins us the host of Serius XM sixties Gold in the Mornings, and again a guy who's been to all fifty states, all but a few hundred counties in the entire country. And I know he's a huge baseball fan. Flash you are you are a guest for this first hour on the All Star break and oh, oh, this is so nice. Uh, I know that you sent me a picture of you in the broadcast booth in Boston during a Red Sox game.
Speaker 22: Do you have a that was Yeah, that was actually here in joke Astigley on and the and he's getting ready to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame on Saturday. So I'm I'll be on my way to Cooperstown so later in the week, and he wants to see me.
Speaker 1: Inductor is very cool.
Speaker 22: In the mail, I get a thing from the Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, New York. You are quarterly invited to be here thanks to Jokestigli and his wife Jen, and they invited me, so I'll be out there. This is coming Saturday for broadcast because he started with Cleveland and then he went to Boston all over forty years. So it's just really amazing. And here's how let me can I tell you how we met? This is actually really cool. Sure so so stickly on the Voice of the Rights. And by the way, before that, I'm going to start with the guy right before that, Marty Brenneman, who you obviously know.
Speaker 1: Also who's also in the Baseball Hall of Fame and the four Frick Wing of Broadcasters. So let me first tell you that story.
Speaker 22: I'm on the air and I get a call and I see a five to one three area code, so I know it's the Cincinnati area. And he's said, flash, it's Marty Brenneman. And now at this point I didn't know who he was right away, and I go, okay, hey, Marty, what are you doing? He goes, I'm driving up I seventy five to go to see the Dayton Dragons. I'm talking up there. I said, wow, what do you do? He said, I'm with the Reds. I said, what do you do with the Reds? He said, I'm the voice? I said, oh that jeez. So so that's how I met Marty. So Marty and a man that I we And by the way, he just went, they're overseas right now.
Speaker 1: They just left this weekend. Is oh? So that was it.
Speaker 22: So now I get this message from our MLB channel and they said, flash, do you know who joke Astiglio is.
Speaker 1: I said, you mean the Red Sox is the voice of the Red Sox. They said, yeah.
Speaker 22: All he wants to do is not talk baseball. When he calls in, he just wants to talk about your travels.
Speaker 1: He listens to you and then goes out and does the games. So he said, can I just let you two talk?
Speaker 22: So when he came down to play in Baltimore, he came down to d C, took the train and hung out with me because he wanted to meet me. And then I brought him back to Camden Yards. He said, come on back and be in the in the booth with me. So I went to the booth with him a number of times. Come to Fenway, let's meet here, let's and so I started meeting him in all these different places because he's just a big fan and I'll listen during the day. And then I was there friendly with him. But this last time he said, hey, I'm coming out to Baltimore and can you be in the booth. And it was Memorial Day, so I was there with the Jokistiglio and again going into the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooper's Town. Congratulations Joe, and he and Marty Brenneman are such good friends. Marty flew into Boston to hang out with him.
Speaker 1: Oh that is fantastic. I love the fact that you're a baseball fan. But he did. He didn't want to talk about baseball. He wanted to talk about your travels or much like me. I mean, yeah, tonight, tonight we're talking baseball a little bit because of your travels around the country. How many ballparks have you been to? Flash, you're ready for this? All right, there's thirty MLB stadiums. I've been to all thirty of them. There are two hundred and six MiLB stadiums for a total, and MLB and MLB for two hundred and thirty six stadiums. You want to take a guess how many I've been to? How many?
Speaker 22: Two hundred and thirty three? I'm only missing three.
Speaker 1: How do you say MiLB? What is MiLB for the uninitiated?
Speaker 22: Okay, that's the minor leagues underneath so underneath the red so you would have all the different whether or not you're talking about Louisville and all the way down, so all the different ones that because what happens, they're independent, so and including your Florence Yawls, so that's independent. Though I've been to the stadium, I've been to almost all the independent ones as well. But see MLB had so many teams that they could have under it, and then they said, okay, here's going to be the cutoff. So a couple of years ago and they made it two hundred and six teams and it used to be more than that. So that's why all these other leagues are in there. But here are the three that I'm missing of all the MLBS and m ILB for minor league, the three I'm missing are Hillsboro High Tops, which a lot of people probably coldn't even tell you where Hillsboro is. That's Oregon. It's the suburb to Portland. It's Portland, Oregon's minor league baseball team, the Vancouver Canadians. I've been to Vancouver, but I didn't go to the stadium. So I've been over there and the only one in the East is and I've been to their old stadium, but I haven't been to their new one, and that's the Augusta Green Jackets known after the Masters, and they built the stadium now on what's called the CM what they called that such as m Central Savannah River CSRA is what they call it, standing for the Central Savannah River Area at Augusta, Georgia.
Speaker 1: So it's built on the South Carolina side.
Speaker 22: So those three stadiums would then complete the two hundred and thirty six stadiums.
Speaker 1: So I've seen some credit. I go all over. I just love.
Speaker 22: Seeing all these stadiums. And you know how I got into it because my dad, my dad. Now you've heard of the sav Bananas. Yes, okay, my dad played at that stadium. It's called Grayson Stadium. So when my dad, this is how my mom and dad met. So my dad from Baltimore and he goes to World War Two. Once he gets back, he gets into baseball and he starts playing under the Philadelphia Athletics in nineteen fifty and he plays for West Palm Beach and then Savannah. These are both under the Philadelphia Athletics, you're dad, or.
Speaker 1: Known as the my dad did, yeah, so the Indians.
Speaker 22: So this is Will Phelps and so as he's playing there, he is playing in Tampa and he's at the hotel and he sees the telephone operator and that becomes my mom.
Speaker 1: So that's where they met.
Speaker 22: Then they married on the diamond, they right there at home Plate. They got married at home Plate on July fifth, nineteen fifty and it took him sixteen more years just to even have me after that.
Speaker 1: Was going to say, so he played. Yeah, it took a little while.
Speaker 22: So I should have probably been born in the early fifties and then really have played all.
Speaker 1: These songs originally. But that's that's where it all started.
Speaker 22: And so growing up he was all about He wasn't about the Colts or because you know, we had them here in Baltimore at that time. He was all about the Orioles. It was just all baseball. Everything was baseball, and he was so into it. And then I played for a while, but then I realized he got me into a radio station locally, and I said, oh my gosh, I love radio.
Speaker 1: More than a ball and these are like you just do whatever you love. It's better to get paid for whatever you love doing. And that's how I got into radio because he gave me thumbs up, even though I think he would have rather had me play baseball. I agree, do what you love, and you there's a chance that you will never work a day in your life. Really now are what it was? Yeah? Are the Orioles your favorite team? Do you have a favorite Major League tea?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 22: Yeah, I see, I grew up here, and then I got into radio and going all over the place. But I was always in some of the smaller markets, so I was not in major league cities, but I was close enough to others. I stayed as an Orioles fan even when I was in the US. Virgin Islands was ninety seven, great year for the Orioles, and then but I was there in eighty three. I was there in seventy nine when they lost in Game six in the World Series of the Pirates, and then they lost it again in Game seven. But it was so cool to go that World Series game at Memorial Stadium. And then after that in eighty three, I went out there for the big celebration after they had beaten the White Sox and they came back to Baltimore, and then that was when they played Phillies to when the last time they even won the World Series is.
Speaker 1: As you know, it's not an easy thing to even get to a World so well it's been it's been since it's been since nineteen ninety that the Reds have won a World Series. And that was the way. That was the wired to wire team that led from the beginning of the season to the end and then swept the A's in the World Series in nineteen ninety. So Flash, we're trying to Flash Phelps, a serious XM radio who's joining us tonight to talk about his baseball travels around the country. And Flash, I wanted to add I started. I started my radio career in the Nashville area, in Nashville, Tennessee, and for a long long time, the owner of the minor league club there, the Nashville Sounds, as a sound great guy named Larry Schmidow, and he petitioned the major leagues. I mean, he never stopped. And he built this new stadium thinking that maybe, just maybe they'd finally award him a Major League Baseball franchise. And I think there's still an opinion now that Nashville is a major league town in hockey and in football obviously that one of these days maybe one of these fledgling or failing MLB teams will move to Nashville. What did you think about Sound Stadium in Nashville, the new owner of the old one either one. I liked it. I liked the giant guitar, and I like the fact that they kept it.
Speaker 22: I don't know if you know this, but they kept that giant scoreboard.
Speaker 1: That looks like a guitar.
Speaker 22: Did you know they have that on the south side of Nashville. You can still get your photo with that. But uh, I mean, I like the sounds, but I do like the way they built this new stadium on the north side. It's an area that needed to be redone and I just think both stadiums were just fantastic in the Nashville area. Did you know Knoxville's getting a new stadium for the Tennessee smoking No, Yeah, that's being built right now.
Speaker 1: So as soon as they start.
Speaker 22: Building them, I want to go and like Field of Dreams oh Man out in Iowa, you go to Dyersville and you just I mean, even though it's not a stadium, you go there and you just relive baseball and walk into the corn good time of the year.
Speaker 1: Nashville's fun.
Speaker 3: Since we're in the state of Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Real briefly, I can tell you something about the old Ingles Stadium in Chattanooga that you may know. Let me tell you something you do not know. You probably okay, yeah, tell me. I was working in Chattanooga on the radio and we had a celebrity softball team for the radio station. We are in close proximity proximity to Fort Payne, Alabama, where the group Alabama's from, and they had a celebrity softball team too, the band did Alabama, Randy Owens and all those guys. Yeah, and so at the time this and Yetta Entry. Yes, and so we're we're playing all of their records. At the early nineteen eighties, even though we were a rock station, we played all the Alabama stuff because they were immensely popular there in that area. You know, they're from there. So we played all of the big Alabama hits. And somehow we got the chance to host them at the old Ingles Stadium which was about to fall in on itself then forty years ago, and it held like nine thousand people something like that. That stadium had never been sold out until KZ one O six played Alabama in a softball game and we had over nine thousand people and you know what, flash, we got boot off the field at the end of the game because we beat Alabama seven to six. What a great story. And that is a fantastic one because I always.
Speaker 22: Loved the group Alabama as well. And you know what country radio is, how I started in radio. My first on air job was playing country, but I wanted to be on KZ one O six. I got the chance to be up at WOKI in Knoxville for one night before they said no.
Speaker 3: That was a quick audition, Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: I did five hours on the air and they said no, No, I was. I was. I was on the wings of rock and roll as they call it for three and a half years in the early eighties, my first big radio job away from home.
Speaker 22: Well, see, my mom grew up there. My mom grew up right there in Chattanooga. That was her whole area as well. Yeah, so that was I love going over into that area because even you know, what I need to do is go back. My grandparents are buried there. I never got a chance to meet them. Oh they passed before I was even born. But I now know where they are thanks to my uncle. He's actually giving me some info. So Chattanooga, I love it so outs.
Speaker 1: So that's right. Camden Yards is your baseball home now when you're at home, which you never are since you're traveling all the time. And the Oriols your favorite team. Is there anything else that really stands out on the East Coast? As far as as baseball fields, as stadiums go, that you really love to go there the it's not that you hate the rest, but what do you really like to go When you're traveling and you're visiting a baseball stadium on the East Coast, what's your favorite?
Speaker 22: Well, see a lot of them are the m i ILB, save the minor league. I love trying to find all the minor league ones, which I've done. But they just built a brand new one right here in Hagarstown, Maryland. So if you're coming in on I seventy, you always go through Hagar'stown and they have a new one they just built in downtown and they just renamed them the Flying box Cars, and they built it all around these buildings. They had to take out the buildings and put it right in. It's kind of the way they did Camden Yards, having to take it out but leaving the warehouse. So I really like the ones that bring in the atmosphere. And you know, I don't know if you realize this, but they always have to put home plate in the left in the southwest corner or the southern corner of the stadium. If you're playing outside, it's always the right fielder that gets that sun right in its space.
Speaker 1: Did you realize that?
Speaker 22: So you'll always notice home plate is always southwest corner or the right in the south.
Speaker 1: That's exactly where they put them.
Speaker 22: So it's kind of tough where Sometimes they'll put them in cities and they want to have that opening in the outfield to the skyline, but sometimes they just don't have that area on the southwest side. Automore they did, and having Camden Yards, let's get that view towards the skyline. With Cincinnati you get a chance for it as well, though the uh you get that more of that opening towards the Ohio River right there.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly that shot.
Speaker 22: But so they put that home plate if you notice, in Cincinnati more in the northwest corner. As long as you put it on the west side of the stadium, it doesn't affect those batting during those evening games when usually they're at seven or eight o'clock or like six o'clock and.
Speaker 1: Nine, So that's why they do that.
Speaker 22: But yeah, you guys got a beautiful view out of the Ohio River and the and to be able to see that purple bridge down the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the purple people bridge so, yeah, that's the one. I like Newport so word, Yeah, that's right. I work in Newport and live just about I live about a mile and a half away from the stadium there on the Riverfront. I remember the Riverfront, the Riverfront Stadium that used to host both the Reds and the Bengals at one point. Uh right, and was there? Yeah, And and I gotta tell you, I just love Great American Ballpark over Riverfront. Riverfront was one of those nineteen sixties nineteen seventies kind of cookie cutter round stadiums.
Speaker 3: It looked like it looked like like a stadium.
Speaker 1: It looked like exactly a bush. Yes it did. But Great American Ballpark, and I know you've been there, is so different. The great thing about Great American Ballpark to me as a fan going is that you can be anywhere in the stadium and you don't have an obstructed view of the field. I mean, the site lines are unbelievable. Yeah, isn't it.
Speaker 22: Amazing how they can build that, Unlike in the past where you had to, oh, you might be behind a post right here in the old stadiums and you have a bad view. But now it's like, how do they architecturally build them where everybody can see you and these people are hanging above you and all that way. It's amazing what they do building them board the views that we get today.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, Flash Phelps, Let's sit and do another another segment, if you don't mind. We've only made it to just about a third of the country in the ballparks. This is like when we were so we were on the last time and I was going through all the states and get you give me one thing. And we had got about I don't know, maybe twenty five states. Then the time was over. So if you will be indulgent of me, we will take a break and come back more with Flash Phelps on his travels around the country to America's great baseball parks. He's been to all but three of the MLB and the MiLB stadiums and parks around the country. It's the nightcap and it continues here on this All Star Week on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: Star Closings on the Rise with the eleven thirty Reports. I'm Ley mawin Breaking now Hudson based Joeanne Incorporated, now changing course. Instead of closing just five hundred stores in about five around the tri State, now we'll shutter all of their stores. The announcement comes after filing in January Chapter eleven bankruptcy protection and Sunday's announcement that GA Group won the auction to acquire the chain. So far, there's no dates on store closures, but they expect they'll take a number of weeks to complete their final sales. Meantime, Course Site Research, who tracks retail openings and closings across the United States and United Kingdom, is painting a dire picture from the latest report, as US retailers are struggling and closing at a rapid pace.
Speaker 3: ABC's Michelle france And explains.
Speaker 24: Store closures in the US so far this year have exceeded three thousand, according to Core Site Research, up four hundred and twenty percent and twenty twenty five compared to this time last year. One of those big brick and mortar stores, Joanne Fabrics, announced it's shuttering eight hundred locations after filing for bankruptcy in January. That includes nineteen thousand employees. Big lots, Party City, Macy's, and Walgreens are also closing locations nationwide. Michelle Frans and ABC News.
Speaker 3: Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 11: We still have the accident on I seventy one south at sixty eight, closing that portion of seventy one. Unfortunately, OCO doesn't have a camera at seventy one at sixty eight, and it looks like there's a pretty significant backup to get to the US route. Your best course of action get off at sixty eight, go south towards Wilmington, then go west on seventy three, then get back on seventy one. That way, there's no timeline on WIN. Seventy one south will close, and the cameras at seventy one and seventy three are just showing northbound traffic.
Speaker 3: Makes sense. Southbound seventy one is closed now.
Speaker 6: The latest forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on News Radio seven hundred WLW warm.
Speaker 9: Weather continues through the overnight tonight. Along with the cloud cover, the winds will start to subside out of the south and western five to ten, dropping down to thirty seven. Some spotty showers are possible as we go through the early parts of Tuesday. Those should fade by six or seven am in from there. Clouds will start to break up throughout the day on Tuesday. Tuesday another warm one fifty six degrees with a mix of sun and clouds. Wednesday up to sixty from me severe weather station. I'm nine First Morning Media, RONALDS. Brandon Spinner News Radio, seven hundred WLW RAIN.
Speaker 11: All across Indiana, Southeastern Indiana getting a healthy dose. And it's stretching pretty far north and it's just getting into Butler County right now.
Speaker 3: We're looking at forty nine degrees.
Speaker 11: A woman is dead after a car hits a traffic sign then overturns into a creek in Clinton County. While the Ohio State Highway Patrol is unsure when this accident happened, they found the car this morning off a second Creek road in Marion Township. A preliminary investigation revealed the vehicle traveled off the right side of the road, then struck a roadway sign, then a utility poll and a concrete culvert before overturning into the creek. The driver, who was pronounced oad of the scene, was identified as Nola Fideli. The crash remains under investigation. A controversial US drafted resolution on the three year warring not mentioning Russian aggression. It was adopted Monday by the United Nations Security Council, France and the UK abstained from the vote ABCZ and PANAL.
Speaker 25: Three years since Russia launched a massive invasion of Ukraine. At the White House, President Trump and French President Emmanuel Macron pressed about their deep divisions when it comes to the future of Ukraine.
Speaker 16: I've spoken to President Putin and my people are dealing with him constantly, and they want to end this war.
Speaker 25: With allies in Europe who've been left out of recent negotiations between the US and Russia. Watching closely Macrome, making it clear this war content in Russia's favor.
Speaker 3: Grammy wedding singer ROBERTA. Flack has died. ROBERTA.
Speaker 26: Flack's voice was unmistakable, singing my line with his word.
Speaker 1: Killing me soft play with this.
Speaker 26: She would win four Grammys in all, a fifth Grammy for Lifetime Achievement. He heard a flat die at the age of eighty eight, surrounded by family after a battle with als.
Speaker 11: ABC's World News Tonight anchor David mrror All next update is at midnight. I'mley Mallen, Who's Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: It's the Marketers Report today.
Speaker 6: Erica Taylor, chief marketing officer of Dinentech, to explain.
Speaker 1: We're talking about baseball parks and stadiums across America with the one the Only Flash Phelps from SiriusXM. He is our guest once again on his travels around the country and he has been literally, well, if not everywhere, very close. So in the last half hour football Stadium. Right in the last half hour, we talked about Camden Yards, we talked about the Orioles and being at Fenway Park in Boston a little bit. We didn't get to Yankee Stadium. What are your thoughts on ye stadium probably the most prestigious historic ballparks around the country. Yeah, the first time I ever went, I went to the old Yankee Stadium and I was just hoping everything would be all right. And the same thing when I went.
Speaker 22: To the other one, because I at the end. The terrible thing is where people put things in your mind going oh it's the Bronx, and you sit there and go, oh my gosh, should I even go well, and then all of a sudden you go and you go, hey, this is a great place. So that it's like me going to Coney Island and I love going there right now, so don't let anybody put something.
Speaker 1: Bad into your mind.
Speaker 22: And it is just such a really incredible area with their monument park, but the way they built it just up the street. I like the views from there as well. So yeah, another great stadium. I don't have anything, you know, incredible.
Speaker 1: To say about it.
Speaker 22: I've been to Steinbrunner as well, if you've ever been down to Steinbrunner Field, which is down in Tampa. So where they because I've been to all the spring training stadiums as well. So I've done all the spring training. And by the way, if you drive around in Phoenix, you can in about seven hours you can drive from every stadium. You can't do that in Florida. Seven hours. You can go to every stadium in Arizona.
Speaker 1: Well, you know for Reds fans, since they're in Goodyear now for spring training. Yeah, they moved from Florida. And the only thing is it's problem more problematic to be in Cincinnati and go to Arizona for spring training baseball than it works to Florida. I mean I know the same. Yeah, I know, scads of people who used to trek down to Florida every year when the Red spring training was down in I think Sarasota perhaps or wherever it was, and and that was that was kind of like one of those vacation trips that everybody planned on making who was really into baseball was was going to Florida to spring training. But you say, it's it's once you get to Arizona, once you get to Phoenix, all of the ballparks where the teams are training are pretty close proximity, right, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 22: It was up until about twenty ten, twenty eleven they made the move of Colorado Rockies and the Arizona Diamondbacks used to play down in Tucson, so they were the furthest away and they decided, let's build Salt River Field, so they built that over on the east side. So if you're familiar with the Loop one oh one, so you have Cincinnati and Cleveland out on that side. Then you have where the Phoenix Raceway is, that's right next to it. And now you come in and Milwaukee is next, and then you go around Loop one on one and you'll go by every one of the stadiums almost on Loop one on one, you just have to hop off for a little until you finally get over to the other side where the Cubs are and the Oakland A's or the A's whatever they're going to be after this, So that's all in that area, so you can do that a lot faster. So for Cincinnati Reds fans, if you haven't gone out to Phoenix, if it doesn't matter where they're playing, that's the best thing. So you go to Florida and your team's down there, Oh, your team's going to be playing. They try to keep them pretty close now, but sometimes you may be playing on the South Florida side, not Southwest Floridas side, or you'll be playing up with the Tigers in Lakeland or Toronto, which is up in dn Eden.
Speaker 1: So they're usually the furthest away because as.
Speaker 22: You know, the Atlanta Braves they left the Disney World area and they moved down to Northport, which Northport is right there next to North of Port Myers right there, so there almost everybody's near each other.
Speaker 1: Flash As a kid, I grew up in Chicago for we were there in the West side of Chicago for about six years, and my dad did my dad did take us once to the old Comiskey Park, which wasn't a really bad part of Chicago. I mean, it's still the South Side is not exactly exemplary of somebody you want to take a family to necessarily, But as you mentioned earlier, see for yourself. Don't listen to the warnings of other people before you make a judgment. But I will tell you that in third and fourth grades, both years, our field trip as kids, coming from Naperville, Illinois to Downtownshipgo consisted of seeing all of the museums in the morning downtown and then going to a Cubs game because they were still all played during the daytime. Then yeah, and there is. There is absolutely nothing like Wrigley Field. I remember being a six seven year old kid and walking into that environment the first time on a field trip from school. Not only was I getting out of school, but I was getting to walk into this environment that has its own atmosphere, the ivy colored walls, and you know just how Wriggly Field is. Give me your thoughts on Chicago Cubs Wriggly Field flash See.
Speaker 22: I always love it because do you remember there used to be the McDonald's across the street. I remember because I was watching the movie The Blues Brothers. Yes, this is prior to me going so in nineteen eighty and that dan Ackroyd says to John Belushi, what address did you give him? And he gives them the address right there on Addison and dan Ackroyd sits back and goes, that's wriggly Field.
Speaker 1: You gave him a wriggly Field, do you remember that? And the cops showed up and there at Wrigley Field and they're like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 22: But so when I got to Chicago, the first time I won was nineteen eighty three, and this was the year. I'm pretty sure the All Star Game was a COMISKI that year as well. And so here it is the summer and I get a chance to go over and I see Wrigley Field for the very first time. So and then years later I was doing a tour with the Sally Radio and I made a stop there as well.
Speaker 1: I got a picture right in front. I went back.
Speaker 22: Last time I went back was about five six years ago. But just a fantastic you know what, I love that whole area. When we talk about Wriggleyville, it's just it's the experience when they can put these baseball stadiums and have a field.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing with Cincinnati.
Speaker 22: You have places to walk around, you have all the restaurants right there on the riverfront, and the same thing with Chicago, you have other places to go besides walking around seeing that Harry Kerry statue were and seeing all the statues all the way around.
Speaker 1: But that's one thing. I love how classic it is.
Speaker 22: So that's one of the things that you like and go, gosh, I hope they never build another stadium, even though what's going to happen now that.
Speaker 1: It's over one hundred years old. Same thing with Fenway.
Speaker 22: But I don't think that we'll ever, probably in our lifetime, see them build another stadium because I think there would be an uprising if they ever got.
Speaker 1: Rid of it. Wasn't they Oh yeah, I mean they are doing work constantly to bolster the current structure, to make sure that they can preserve that history and that tradition in those places because it means so much to the locals and uh to baseball purists in general. Saint Louis Bush Stadium, the new one, what do you think, Oh, the new I love the new one.
Speaker 22: I like the way that they had built that in there as well, and that they had to build it over top of the other one. And when you're walking down and you have everything in there in.
Speaker 1: The dotted line. So you'll go over to the Jack Buck statue and when you see his bust, you'll see right there there's the dotted line. This used to be where the field was.
Speaker 22: So it shows you how they had to build one inside the the same thing with Shay Stadium and with City Field where they had to overlap them because of the area, and they couldn't finish one until they had the other one done.
Speaker 1: So I do like Bush because I enjoy going over there.
Speaker 22: And by the way, I was talking about Donora on my show Donora, Pennsylvania, which happens to be the home of stam Usual stam Usual. Also Ken Griffy Senior and Ken Griffy Junior are all from Donora, Pennsylvania. Together, those three have it more MLB home runs over a thousand then came from any other city. All three were born in Donor, Pa, just south of Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Did you realize that's amazing? That was a very cool in Cincinnati. Being in Cincinnati, I should know where the Griffies came from originally, and.
Speaker 22: The answer is Donraa on the Monoga Hilla River and stam Usual and this statue is you know, there's two of them that.
Speaker 1: Are out there.
Speaker 22: And I love that plaza with all the statues out front of the stadium. So I enjoy it. Because if you dude, like, it's like when you go to Pittsburgh, Hey, sit me in the upper deck so.
Speaker 1: I get the view.
Speaker 22: I want to be an upper deck on the leftfield, on the leftfield side, so I have a view of Pittsburgh. Same thing in Saint Louis where you go, We'll sit me down here on the right field side because I want the view of the arch. Sometimes I want to sit in a place where I get the view more than the game because it's like, oh, I love the experience of just this view.
Speaker 1: Sure lots to see besides baseball when you go to these parks. So you're going to Cooperstown, home of the Baseball Hall of Fame, later this week. Tell me about Cooperstown, New York. I've never been. Oh, it is so cool. So if you're ever in upstate New York, So you.
Speaker 22: Got Buffalo out on the west and the next city's of Rochester, Syracuse, and then you come up to U to Carome right below Uticrome. This will be west of Albany. I just took you right across the New Jersey.
Speaker 1: State through it.
Speaker 22: Then you have Binghamton, which is on that northwest corner of Pennsylvania, a little northeast.
Speaker 1: I eighty eight is.
Speaker 22: What connects Binghamton up to Albanyady. And then right there in these hilly areas, and this happens to be the start of the Susquehanna River, which is really weird. I live on the Susquehanna River in Maryland. Now that river runs from Cooperstown and it goes all the way down through Pennsylvania, comes down through Harrisburg until it finally dumps out of the Chesapeake Bay, which is where I live right here at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay on the same river. So all I have to do if I could go up the river backwards, I'd end up in Cooperstown. But it's this, it's this really small town.
Speaker 1: I just did that. I just had this image of you in a rowboat growing backwards.
Speaker 22: Up the river, and eventually, if I could do it, I would get to Cooper's down that it'll be a lot quicker in my four or five, five, six hours to drive up there.
Speaker 1: But here's one thing.
Speaker 22: I've never been to Cooperstown during the Baseball Hall of Fame weekend, so this is going to be the experience I'm used to driving in and then going.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is really cool. I can drive around. I'll just park here. Now.
Speaker 22: I have no idea what do you expect for this weekend. I just know that the induction ceremony for Joe's going to be on the north side, so I may have to go into a loop into Utica Rome and then come down from the top because our event is going to be on the north side, right there before the Susquehanna River.
Speaker 1: But I love it though. Walk. You know what made me want to go.
Speaker 22: To the Baseball Hall of Fame in the movie A League of their Own, A League of their Own, which is film not too far away from you out there in Huntingburg, Indiana and then Evansville.
Speaker 1: They were the two stadiums that were used.
Speaker 22: And then when they did the All for the women for the Baseball Hall of Fame, and I saw it in the movie, I said, I'm going to go find that park and I went to it, and they have a bigger section.
Speaker 1: It's not the one that they used in the movie. That's not where it is now.
Speaker 22: They did a big section now for the women, but that's another section.
Speaker 1: But I found it right at the bottom of the escalators. So I love that place. It's fun to see Flash Phelps from Sirius XM as our guest. We're talking about baseball across the country and this Hall of Fame and also All Star Week in Major League Baseball. Just because our time is limited, let's do a couple of quick snapshots out on the West Coast since we haven't been there yet. Flash Candlestick Park. Tell me something about Candlestick Park. Well, it's not there now, I know. You go there.
Speaker 22: It was very windy that was right there and then became three m But what a great view to look out, and because you almost see Oakland from there, it was a great view on the Bay side to be able to see Candlestick before they had built all the way up there with the Willie May statue in downtown.
Speaker 1: But no, I like Candlestick. I stopped by twice. I've been there.
Speaker 22: I was there twice and then finally it was sad to hear it was gone. You know what I was thinking about the earthquake nineteen eighty nine. Yes, Oakland, a San Francisco Giants are playing, and then that earthquake hits at Candlestick. So every time I would go back, I think of that. But yeah, I like the park, but I'm glad they now have this with the McCovey cove there where I can be in their kayak and try to get night field home run over the wall.
Speaker 1: That's fun. Tell me about Seattle where the Mariners play. That was a good one.
Speaker 22: I saw the Orioles play there with them because I moved out there in nineteen ninety nine, and so the summer of two thousand and I finally got a chance to go.
Speaker 1: It's called t mobile now a safe go back when I went there.
Speaker 22: Yeah, and it's just a very nice one because that's the one with the retractable roof. They can move that roof. And luckily I got a chance to have a game with a doll because it wasn't raining that it was amazing. It wasn't raining, and I was in western Washington, so that's always a great place. But yeah, I've had a good time because it's just like Cincinnati where you have your football stadium right next door, and it's right there on the south side of the buildings, and it's a great walking area. Seattle always a lot of fun to be able to be around.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I did enjoy that.
Speaker 22: Tacoma their Triple A right down there. I went to go see a Tacoma Rainiers game when they played Saltlake Beeves.
Speaker 1: So I tried to go see as many of these as I can.
Speaker 22: If not, I definitely walk around all the outside of stadium and do as many photos as I can if I can't get in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're big on that. I love the photo. I love that you put out Denver where the Rockies play.
Speaker 22: Yeah, that is a fantastic place. In fact, just a little a couple of miles west of there, they did a replica to the stadium as well of corse Field, So if you want to see a little version of it, somebody was able to put it together as well, So look up the little version of Corsfield. But again, they built that in another neighborhood right there on the west side of downtown, northwest side of downtown. You got six flags right there as well, and it's just in a very nice area.
Speaker 1: And that again being a mile high.
Speaker 22: Being at the two hundred and eighty feet, it's amazing to watch how the balls do fly there.
Speaker 1: I always like Denver, Denver.
Speaker 22: I always wanted to work there, but I went to Colorado Springs and they never put me on the air, so I never got to work in Colorado. Dodger Stadium, Dodger Stadium, I went there and this was back and I had just started working here, so this is about two thousand and two three, And you know what amazed me. I got there early, so I could walk around even the perimeter of the parking lot because they had the views that looked over Echo Lake and you could look back into downtown LA. But I was there on the mezzanine to be able to watch that game, and it was one of those that I had always seen on TV, whether or not they were doing celebrity games.
Speaker 1: And it was so cool because I saw.
Speaker 22: George what's his name, George from the TV the Star, I can't think of his last name.
Speaker 8: He was there.
Speaker 1: He was he was, you know, the comedian George, George Lopez, George Lopez. He was there. So I got a chance to see George. Yeah, that was very cool.
Speaker 22: And Tommy Lasorda was sitting right near him, and I had had Tommy Lasorda on my show. So George and Tommy Lasorda, I was excited just to see them.
Speaker 1: Oh that's and you know who I didn't see?
Speaker 22: It was Mary Hart and Mary Heart usually sits right behind home plate, but I didn't see her.
Speaker 1: All right, So finally we're the home run Derby is taking place this evening as we're speaking, and where the All Star Game would be played a Globe Live field in Arlington, Texas. Tell me about that.
Speaker 22: Yeah, now, right across the strait, if you're familiar with going into Arlington, very crowded, because that's where six Flags started. Why is it called six Flags because six Flags flew over Texas. Right next to there, they have the stadium where they used to play. Now they have soccer in there. They built the new baseball stadium directly across the street, and they built it to look like a warehouse. It was one of the weirdest things where they were building that thing. It was like, this is not going to be good. It wasn't until it was done and then you'd see the inside to go. Oh, this is a great area because if you've ever been, you know, the Cowboys play at AT and T on the west side. Then now you have their stadium for the Rangers, and then on the north side is the old Rangers stadium. So it's just a really nice thing that they built them all next to each other, so a big growing area. And they only opened up that in twenty twenty. Now, when I was down there a couple of weeks ago, I didn't go back over, but the last time I was there was twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: It was the year.
Speaker 22: It was right after they had opened it. So fantastic. And we'll look forward to Home Run Derby All Star Game and just see how it comes out. Hey, Gunnar Henderson with the Ohs, he's in the Home Run Derby.
Speaker 1: Well, and we got to La Da La Cruz in the game tomorrow night and Hunter Green appear and.
Speaker 22: Talk about some incredible people that are in this game. Yeah, well they call it the All Star Game for a reason.
Speaker 27: Hey, these guys are good, and you know what they somebody just told me that there's never been over twenty one run score during a game of any All Star game.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot of good defense in pitching. Yeah, no doubt about it. Well, you got the best in the game plan and yeah, and I got the best in the game of travel on my show again, and I thank you so much. I thank you profusely for making time to talk to us today, Flash Phelps. Keep humping the hits on Sirius XMS sixties Gold and keep on traveling because the stories are priceless and I really appreciate you sharing them with us tonight. All right, I gotta get back to those three stadiums I'm missing, all right. Yeah, Well we'll get an update soon, maybe at the end of this summer. All right, Okay, Flash, thank you so much, take care, all right, thank you so much. Haring jeeh you got it. The Nightcap continues in moments here on seven hundred WLW when it comes to Waterproof