Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's now it's time for Nick Pouliochini, Who's gonna tell us what's going on?
Speaker 3: What's up? How was the.
Speaker 4: Fourth You haven't talked about it? And not that I didn't get to miss it.
Speaker 3: Missed you. I missed you. And that's what I have to say.
Speaker 4: First and foremost is if you did not catch the live broadcast on Friday, I was in Las Vegas celebrating my anniversion. I was still catching everybody on Instagram live and everybody that was going on. So I'm so glad that you guys had it. I had an amazing time and I missed you a lot. In fact, I brought your present and I know that you're on this fantastic being a good boy. And I always bring food and everybody Carnicia has enjoyed it, and yeah I was.
Speaker 3: I was doing way too much on the weekend.
Speaker 4: There's food, yes, stuffan go out on the I love you Din. I just spent two hours with year. Yeah, there's there's food on the other room. But here is a just formo I've got. I don't know, I feel like I need to be like an influencer. Whatever there is.
Speaker 3: I brought you.
Speaker 4: I couldn't bring you cookies and creak because you won't eat it. But I brought your cookies and cream candle, so give that a sniff.
Speaker 3: Good. I don't have to eat it. No, it smells pretty good.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I want my whole house to smell like it, but it smells legit like I'll let my office smell it. Gives you the cookies and cream vibe. But anyway, thank you for having me here. Had an absolutely amazing time. Let's get into it for Vegas, and the most exciting thing is the place that we stayed. In fact, talk to Daniel already saying that if we could make Chatella Moe move to Vegas for fourth of July next year, this is the venue.
Speaker 2: Let me just say this, and my wife and I have discussed this. We have not really further inquired sure, but we're looking in to maybe do it as a cruise next year. Okay, like a weekend cruise, a two day time.
Speaker 4: I will tell you our tenth anniversary was done and as much as I loved it and Brian and had an incredible time, I missed every moment of the last several years we've all spent together. So I am on board with the cruise. I will be the very first person to sign up right now, and that would be a way we could entice listeners. Hellll to open it up, absolutely so, without a question. So if you're watching us on YouTube following up, mister Mokelly, you already saw little teas of what I want to talk about. First, the sky loss at MGM Grand is where we stayed. Now, if you are one of those people that is not so keen on Vegas and whatever, well that's too bad. But I didn't drop a diamond, a slot machine. I did no type of gambling in any way, shape or form. I just walked through casino floors. But the sky lofts at MGM Grand is where we were able to stay thanks to Chase Ultimate Travel. If you're familiar with the Chase credit card, we have a Sapphire reserved with them, and so we knocked out some points and we actually got to go in the whole high roller lifestyle at the MGM Grand, which is at four corners at Tropicana and Las Vegas Bullbard, and we're able to be in one of the only fifty one suites on the twenty ninth floor, the very top of the hotel with an incredible view of the fireworks for the Fourth of July. So and it's a one bedroom suite. But the only reason I bring it up is we didn't do anything to do this other than using points for our credit cards. And I know a lot of people play the credit card game in the point game, so it's definitely well worth it. But you can see we had an amazing view of New York, New York across the street in the Cosmopolitan. And if I've lost you because you don't know what I'm talking about, well I'm really sad.
Speaker 3: And need to go to Vegas, right. But all those things so amazing.
Speaker 4: But we also had so much that we actually talked about here on the show with What's Up with Nick or This Weekend with Nick Pouliochini fifteen Minute Footy. We went to something we talked to a few weeks ago about that's coming up in Chicago and Philadelphia, which will be Netflix Houses. There's actually Netflix Bites restaurant which is inside of MGM Grant, and we got a special opportunity to try out some of the food, all themed, two different episodes of television and movies and film and everything from Netflix properties. About eighteen different properties represented. And here's the biggest thing. A lot of times you do these pop ups and they're not all that exciting. This was delicious. The Red Bite Green Bite, which is probably the most fun, was a wheel that you spun and it had from squid Games. It had the uh you play red Light green Light. It had that you actually got the statue on your table to play with it, Oh my gosh. And you got to spin a wheel and you had three different sauces to choose from. The green was like an rbaceous, very chill and mellow kind of a ranch. The yellow was a little bit spicier, and then the red one just kind of knocked your socks off. So it was a whole our own version of Red Light Green Light. But it was great because we really don't get that opportunity. You can check out at mister mo Kelly right now. Daniel's got a little bit of a fly through of what happens for Netflix Bikes. It's a beautiful space. Everything is well curated for you to get your Instagram moment in and the best part of it is it's not crazy breaking the bank pricing. You'd think, oh, this is gonna be insane, it's gonna be a couple hundred bucks a person. I think Brian and I got another about thirty five bucks each. What ridiculous out that's not encount right, I was gonna say, it's not counting the cocktails, which they actually had some really awesome mocktails, because if you know me, I don't drink Brian does. I'm the you know, built in dd and even the mocktails were really fun and they were all themed to it. One of the coolest things was something if you follow Love Is Blind, they actually had like a blind tasting of some different food items and different cocktails to go along with that series from Netflix.
Speaker 3: So that's something that's cool.
Speaker 4: If you're looking for something a little bit closer to home, because we do not have a Netflix Bites or we don't have a Netflix house coming.
Speaker 3: We've have the pop ups in the past, you want to.
Speaker 4: Go over to the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood because that is own and operated by Netflix, and the front store there actually has some really cool vignettes from Wednesday, the TV series, and from stranger things, some photo ops and they always are changing these these things out on a regular basis, so I highly recommend checking out here a little bit closer to home. But then also the fourth of July fireworks, they're nothing like Chateau Lemo I will tell you you cannot beat that vantage point absolutely, but being able to see them shot off from the top of the Augustus Twert Caesars on the strip. Also Resorts World, they had it over in Red Rock Canyon. They were all over Plazant in downtown. You can see it mister Mokelly on YouTube a little glimpse of a friend of mine who was filming so that you were able to see exactly straight across from what it looked like.
Speaker 3: But it was great.
Speaker 4: I mean, there was a smaller, more intimate thing, but we were able to watch it from the twenty ninth floor of the MGM Grand and that was probably one of the coolest experiences that we've ever had.
Speaker 3: Truly. We got to check out the sphere.
Speaker 4: If you've seen any of the cool things for the sphere, this sphere is insane up close, and I will have pictures and video for you of inside and outside at this Weekend with Nick and Nic Pouliochini on social media.
Speaker 3: But it's insane how huge it is, Like you can't stadium size.
Speaker 4: It makes so Fi look like nothing to me, and so Fi you and I know, well, it's humongous of all of the pro NFL stadiums, and you can kind of see right now the inside of it. It literally is this massive globe that you go in. We saw Postcard from Earth, which is a special I would say like an imax if you've ever been to an Imax, or maybe the Rubetage Fleet Center in San Diego. It's that experience you go in there. It is attuned beautifully sound and everything else to be able to really thoroughly enjoy it no matter where you're sitting. So I'm gonna say there's those times where you're like, ah, there's not a bad seat in the house. This genuinely does not have a bad seat in the house. The seats are all set up to move with you. You can have there's smells, there's smoke, there's water. It's very much the four dy experience. What's really cool coming up. We're just a few weeks early, but we may be going back. We'll see the Wizard of Oz has been remastered for the sphere so that you're able to actually have a full orchestra that has performed the entire score from the original film, and they have remastered it digitally to be specific to this immersive experience, so you'll be surrounded by Oz when you have that transition sequence from black and white to color, you experience it physically in person. So absolutely wild Backstreet Boys are also going to be coming up there here soon Insomniac if you're familiar with them, who do a lot of like the Tomorrowland Raves.
Speaker 3: And everything else.
Speaker 4: They have a special partnership coming up one of the amazing things that we're able to check out. But I know we gotta take a quick break. But I got so much more to fill you in on. Well let's heart to get the break, so get back.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from k if I Am six forty, What's Up?
Speaker 3: What's for you?
Speaker 5: Thanks?
Speaker 3: What's up? Key, k if I Am six forty.
Speaker 2: It's Later with Mo Kelly, Part two of What's Up with Nick Poliochanni go.
Speaker 4: I want us do some shout outs really quick to the mome egos in the chat room because everybody's asking questions and everything else and wishing happy anniversary, thank you so much, and complimented me on my light. I guess I'm looking unusually good to my ring light, So thank you Daniel for that one. But yeah, pictures don't do the Sphere justice. Unfortunately, I was looking at Monette. It looks like you were hoping that the Wizard of Oz will be coming in its form as I described for the Sphere. It's only made for the Sphere, so it will not be coming to southern California, even though we have similar theaters here. And then somebody had asked, oh, Aaron had asked specifically, what the Alphabet Mafia and the Wizard of Oz have so much connection in it? It's actually Wicked and the Alphabet Mafia. And if you missed the description from last hour with Twala and Moe and Mark regarding Superman, you should definitely catch that on the podcast because that pretty much covers exactly the same reasoning why Wicked connects with the Alphabet Mafia. So well, so all right, that's our homework. Let's get back into Vegas. Yes it is warm, yes it is dry, but it's absolutely worth it because you can moisturize and be in air conditioning the entire time and have no idea of the heat.
Speaker 3: What was the temperature.
Speaker 4: Hundred and six, which very dry, So for me, I mean palm springs worse because there's usually a bit of humidity with that and I'm definitely not gonna talk about Florida because that's just too much humidity.
Speaker 3: How for No Leans, what's the what's the summers like? Hot and sweaty?
Speaker 4: Okay, definitely, so Vegas is hot and sweaty. But yeah, Anyway, we had took in shows because you go to Vegas right to take in shows. We did see Ka by Sir to Sol at the MGM Grand, which has been there for over twenty years, which is wild to think that a lot of these resident shows have been there. Sir Sol, which is out of I believe it's Montreal. It's out of French Canada. Uh, it has a French Canadian background. Anyway, Ka is at MGM Grand. But you've got O at Bolagio. So many things absolutely incredible and they do come regularly. In fact, Echo was just here at Lagune Hills Mall and you were able to check that out. Unfortunately, that's the last one, and we had in the winter, fall and winter last year we had Kuza over at the Pier in Tanta Monica, so they always are coming through, so that's an opportunity that you could be able to to the show. But Spiegel World is not their competition, but they do a very different job, a much more intimate job of providing burlesque situations, a little bit sexier, a little bit more vivacious, if you will, but still all the artistry in a much more intimate space. We attended Atomic Saloon at the Venetian amazing, absolutely well worth it. They have just opened the Disco, which is a brand new experience and there's also the Dinah Ross attached to that one. Obviously, Diana Ross is the kind of the patron, if you will, patron saint of the restaurant, so that's a really cool opportunity for you to do. We also tried Hakkasan, which is a nightclub out of MGM Grand. We actually went and got a special invitation to do dim sum with them, and it was amazing, like just to be in a nightclub with all the vibes and all the music, and it was obviously a little bit quieter, but we had dim sum that was delicious.
Speaker 3: And then what else did we do?
Speaker 4: Oh, I will say this, and I did not tell this to Daniel, so you don't know all about these details. But we went to the first or we went to the world's largest dispensary for cannabis, which is like the argest. The world's largest is like one hundred and fifty thousand square feet. It's called Planet thirteen.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 4: It may not be that large, trust me, there's a lot of embellishment that goes on. But was very unique and cool about this one, beyond the fact that there were at least one hundred bar ten bud tenders that were there to walk through and explain things to you. The cooler thing if you've ever been curious about marijuana, I've never been more educated in my life. A lot of times, if you go to a place a little bit closer to home, you're going to get a good deal and you're gonna have your bud tender. Yeah, mean that kind of concept. This was not that experience. In fact, Marjorie, funny enough, not related to Bill Handle, but Marjorie was our bud tender and she was incredibly knowledgeable and so much information that she was able to figure out what strain you wanted and give you the background and how it would make you feel and everything else. But inside a Planet thirteen, they actually have a speak Easy that it serves you cocktails and food that are infused with THC or CBD, and they're incredible. I have not had a cocktail since twenty seventeen when I quit drinking, but I did have an Old Fashioned at this event.
Speaker 3: It tasted identical to the best most.
Speaker 4: High end Old Fashion, just had a little bit of a different experience attached. So it was incredible. It was absolutely delicious, had the best time. But I think because I really like to learn a lot about things. I mean, even though I don't drink anymore, I'm still an eenophile. I still like wine and learning about wine and everything else that way. I love spirits. I'm still your go to somalier if you have questions or if you need a bartender. I'm really good with mixology, but I just like to be educating. It was so cool to go to a space that had so much knowledge about the different the different dispensaries and the different operations around the world and who was developing out marijuana and everything to that effect.
Speaker 3: I had no idea. It was all that.
Speaker 4: Just it feels so much more like we grew up in southern California wards, like you just knew the guy down the street and you would just go by some on the street corner.
Speaker 3: And now it's such a different business.
Speaker 4: So that was the incredible time he had in Vegas to wrap things up a little quick here. I want to do things that are closer to home that are going on for us that have just started. So if you're looking for something this week or this weekend, you've got the Shakespeare. The free Shakespeare in the Park that's been happening all started back on the twenty fourth of June runs through the thirty first of August. This is a free ninety nine situation. And there are two different William Shakespeare productions that are being presented right now. It's Late Love's Labor's Lost and that runs through the twenty seventh of July, and then the sixth through the thirty first of August it'll be Doctor Faustus And both of those are happening Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday Sunday, So Wednesdays through Sundays at seven pm and it's free and that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 3: It's very cool.
Speaker 4: So if you want a really unique, special way to get an initial introduction to Shakespeare, that's a great opportunity. Also, the Lost in Dreams and Music Festival is taking place in la this weekend. Pageant of the Masters and Festival of the Arts and Laguna Beach is underw as well as the Sawdust Arts Festival. And yeah, so everybody's kind of recooping from the fourth of July, like we've already talked about, but there's still a handful of things that you can do in and around the south Land and they can always find all this information at this week of with Nick and Nick Poliochini. On social media you can see a tour as Daniel was showing earlier in the show of exactly what that skyloft looked like at the MGM Grand And I've also got all sorts of other tours and so much.
Speaker 3: More to share with you and for you to enjoy on socials. Good to have you back, brother. We missed you home.
Speaker 4: Yes, in fact, I even think Wendy had a cake or she sent and I feel terrible.
Speaker 3: That I wasn't there. For that.
Speaker 4: So, and I know somebody else's anniversary is coming up real soon here in not too long. Oh oh, I'm off yeah about that.
Speaker 2: We'll probably just maybe go to Morton's and just have a dinner.
Speaker 3: We're real big on not making a big deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, but I think we should go to the sky Long Beach and we can do the four of us and celebrate. But that's just me and we'll talk about it. We'll talk about it. That's the story for another day. Thank you so much again. Check me out this week of Nick and Nick Pouli o'kina and social media and I will catch you with what's up with Nick next week.
Speaker 2: It's Later with mo Kelly kfi AM six forty live everywhere on social media and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from kfi AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Kfi AM six forty years Later with mo Kelly Live on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: And we often talk about AI.
Speaker 2: We talk about robotic technology, well what happens when it comes together and it's also merged with sports.
Speaker 3: China has had.
Speaker 2: Its first AI powered robotic soccer tournament and it took place rather recently. And I'm not talking about radio control vehicles. I'm not talking about just robots that people control. We're talking about fully autonomous humanoid robots playing soccer. There's zero human intervention. Each team had three active humanoid robots plus a substitute, playing two ten minute halves with a five minute break. The robots ran, walked, kicked, and even made real time decisions using AI and sensors. Cameras and we're showing you to you right now on YouTube. Cameras and optical sensors allowed them to detect the ball from up to sixty five feet away with more than ninety percent accuracy. And get this, this is the thing which really messed me up. They also recognized teammates, field markings, goals, and opponents. And if you're looking at it, they don't necessarily move as fluidly as a human being, but you can tell, and we talked about this with boxing a couple of weeks ago, you can tell. This will probably be the future of a lot of sports as we know it, especially when you talk about robotics.
Speaker 3: AI, gambling, and then you have a sport.
Speaker 2: We're not worried about injuries per se, you're not worried about contracts of players far more economical, you're not worried about any type of labor disagreement until they become self.
Speaker 3: Aware of want to take over the world.
Speaker 4: Right, Because I was going to energy, and I apologize for interrupting, but first of all, watching the video, these bots are up in each other's face and they're being taken away on stretchers.
Speaker 3: Like if you're not watching on YouTube right now, you can see it. Oh there's physicality. There's a lot of physicality to it.
Speaker 4: But the question that I have is, so we are so worried about doping with existing athletes, what happens when you have robotic athletes involved that can be reprogrammed?
Speaker 3: Like, what does that look like?
Speaker 2: There has to be some sort of limitation in the way that you have NASCAR World all the cars within certain specifications.
Speaker 3: Of course, with any type of.
Speaker 2: Competition, folks are going to try to cheat, of course, and the old saying is if you're not cheating, you're not trying. But I could easily look at this and say, oh, yeah, this is going to be the future of sports as we know it, because there's no for sure, you don't have to be a multi billionaire to own a franchise, right, No, that's true. You don't need to have access to a full stadium arena. That's about the size of a high school gym. Yeah, I mean you could sponsor a player here. You could sponsor like you could piece meal it out, you could specifically, it's a very different realm.
Speaker 3: Wow, he just ate it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sorry I was laughing at that too.
Speaker 3: I don't mean to like the laughing doesn't go to what I'm saying. Walk like I do with bad hips.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty much, but they take a misstep and they just face plant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really really impressive. But I think that's it.
Speaker 4: It's I'm really curious to see how that plays out specific to what you just described.
Speaker 2: So that's not I just think of someone always looked like, look how someone can take something right now and then turn it into what the future is going to be. If you have an autonomous league, the entry point for people to be a franchise owner much lower. You know, you can easily monetize it, you can easily advertise, you can sell to your point, you can sell advertising space. It just lends itself to making all sorts of money without requiring as much money as you would for other professional sports.
Speaker 3: It's exciting, but it does.
Speaker 4: I was hoping for a little bit more fluidity like Megan from the horror film, but you.
Speaker 3: Know, well, how far away are we filing? Not too much? No, I totally agree. Look, and I talk about this all the time.
Speaker 2: Rock Eam sock'em Robots was something that was very much a part of my childhood. And I know, if you've seen the movie Real Steal, that's kind of rock em sockem Robots.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 2: We're there, We're actually there, and instead they can actually move, they're not they're not limited to one particular location and just slugging it out. And we're showing you rock sock and Robots right now on the YouTube page.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Daniel.
Speaker 2: I just love this And I don't know how soon or how long it's going to take to get it here in the United States, because all those things in China don't necessarily immediately translate. But in the way that we had we've had robot wars, we've had all sorts of oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have a battlebot's arena in bveagadle Bo was wild like the series that we were used to.
Speaker 3: They're filming it now in Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: Love battle Box, just like they have the Formula one things that are in Las Vegas now, it's insane. In Vegas is still that hub. Even it's a lot quieter now, it's that hub for all this technology. But even going back to what you were just referencing, do you remember the vibration table for football when we were kids?
Speaker 3: Remember I had, I had it.
Speaker 4: But that's what I'm saying, electronic football, which is hilarious because of like so that. So that's the crawling, and then you've got the movie that was the walking, and now you've got the running because you've actually got a blown AI game going.
Speaker 3: Mark, did you ever play electronic football?
Speaker 5: Are you kidding me? I was a poor kid. We didn't have those in my white trash house. That was the rich kids across the street had one of those. I always wanted one.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. It's called electric football football And.
Speaker 5: They had that one with the like the three dots that were supposed to be a football ball, right, and.
Speaker 2: It's just just Dan, if you can find election football and they would just be Now you can't say running. They were vibrating circles and you try to do a play and out of you were more using your imagination.
Speaker 3: It wasn't actually football in an era of ADHD.
Speaker 4: There's a reason it does not exist anymore because you would get so bored out of your mind.
Speaker 3: And I know, kids today is like you played that.
Speaker 5: Yes, I've got a real soft spot for those vintage toys because they're so prehistoric and hilarious and really just aggressively unentertaining thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are unentertaining because these predated video games as we knew them, right, and even though you know you could have fun with it, but it was really really limited.
Speaker 5: I mean I was playing a Resident Evil video game over the weekend, where you know, it's like you're in a cartoon or a film, and it's just sick. And I'm trying to imagine how I would have responded to that when I was a kid, when all we had was you know, Lincoln logs and the winter we had snowballs. It's just it's a different universe. Those old toys I think are just hilarious. They are because I grew up playing with linking logs and Erector set. Did you have a rector set. I had a rector set.
Speaker 4: Legos obviously leg but then they had connects, which was kind of like the late eighties early nineties.
Speaker 3: So was the grown ass man the eighties.
Speaker 4: Well, let's be real, twenty twenty five, grown ass men play Legos, so Mark Ronnod True.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I don't know do you own any Legos? Mark?
Speaker 5: I'm not into Legos, but quite a number of my nerd friends are really seriously into those expensive Lego sets, and they look forward to the new ones.
Speaker 3: When they come out.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can invest in them to the point that they there's a market for them. Yeah, they are collector's items and people trade them and everything else, like it was a stock market situation. Yeah, they're not cheap either. No, no good job for Lego. I wish I had bought stock, or when my parents had bought stock when I was.
Speaker 3: Like, I wish I kept all my Legos. I like gave them away.
Speaker 4: I don't see now. I still have a trash can from when I was a kid.
Speaker 3: I had a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same box because I bought all of them, and I would usually it was Sunday afternoons, I'd have a new Lego set I'd be watching Tom Hatton whatever the movie was.
Speaker 3: Then it goes to Mister Chicken, whatever it was.
Speaker 2: And I would sit in front of the TV, the family TV in the living room, family room and put a Lego the latest Lego set together and will take me most of the day because I'm.
Speaker 3: Watching TV and also doing it.
Speaker 2: And that was like kind of family time because we'd all be watching a movie in one room together. Imagine that that doesn't happen anymore.
Speaker 4: That is wild, I was going to say, because now if you're all in the same room, you're all in or mobile devices and no one's talking to each other.
Speaker 3: So while they cohabitate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I grew up in an era where we had a family dinner where everyone ate twogether.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is science fiction, yes, and that time is never going to come back, But I'm saying I can be appreciative of the fact that, yes, there was a family time where we all sat down and ate together.
Speaker 3: Did you have TV trades? Did we have TV trades or no?
Speaker 4: No, not just that, But I was like, at least when I was younger, I remember we could not, except for with special permission, go into the television room.
Speaker 3: We had to eat at the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had Swanson dinners and everything.
Speaker 3: That's some child abuse right there.
Speaker 2: There's nothing better than like a Swanson Salisbury steak dinner.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know, I'm gonna bring here.
Speaker 2: With aluminum ten. You have to put you know, the hungry man dinner in the oven. No, send those to that gator, Gitmo, I want no part of it. Well, no, I'm saying I would never eat it now because I look at it now. It's like it had like fifteen hundred grams of sodium. Yeah, and that nasty like peas and carrots mixture, and the potatoes which never defrosted a wark run work run, and it had this like fake butter on that say, and those potatoes were not potatoes like powder.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was like powdered milk. It was as you're eating as bestis. Well, that's why we're surviving so long now, Mark, because we're well preserved.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: We're gonna check out with George Norriy when we come back. If I AM six forty live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from kf I AM sixty.
Speaker 2: It's the later with Mo Kelly coming up in just moments, will be Coast to Coast AM with my friend George Norri who joins me right now with the preview.
Speaker 3: Good evening, sir, Hello mister Kelly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why Yeah, I'm doing well, still trying to kind of recuperate from this holiday weekend.
Speaker 3: Well, keep pushing, my friend.
Speaker 4: We're going to talk about some folks with Critical Healthnews dot com.
Speaker 3: And then later on we're going to take a walk on the paranormal side on Coast to Ghost Always enjoy that can't wait, and we're doing dreams next week. I'll tell you that this please please please let me know.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, George, you got it. And before we get out of here, I want to just circle back real quickly. I know that Superman movie, the conversation surrounding the movie.
Speaker 3: I don't even have a final thought tonight.
Speaker 2: That movie, that conversation is going to loom large for the next few weeks, and it's going to be kicked around like a political football.
Speaker 3: It is not as overtly.
Speaker 2: Political, I suspect I haven't seen it yet as some people want to make it. But Superman has always had a political theme running through it always. And I know we live in a time where everything is outrageous, everything makes us so angry, everything is unacceptable, everything we need to boycott. I know, and I know that the calls have already started for people to boycott this Superman movie. Let me put it like this. If superhero movies are your thing, then go see it. If they're not your thing, then it wouldn't have made any difference anyhow. If you're going to a movie for some level of affirmation, be it political or otherwise, then you're not even in the right headspace to enjoy anything. If you're a student of media, student of movies and history, then you would know that everything that is on your TV, everything which has been in the movie house, has been on some level political. If you grew up watching television in the nineteen seventies and did not know or realize or understand that everything that Norman Lee or put on that screen was overtly political, then you just weren't paying attention. If you're a fan of Mel Brooks as a producer or a movie director and didn't know that he was putting his politics, even though making fun of politics many times in his movies, then you just weren't paying attention, or maybe no one pointed it out to you. If you thought that you were watching a rocky movie and not looking at something which was abjectly political, then you just weren't paying attention. Now, it's just that everyone wants to focus in on the messages found in these movies.
Speaker 3: But they've always been there, always been there. You can't even.
Speaker 2: Watch a movie like Aliens and not understand that there are overt messages about capitalism and corporate greed and the military industrial complex. That's all in just alien off the top of my head. Maybe you weren't paying attention. Maybe now you are paying attention, and all of a sudden you realize, oh my gosh, there's vegetables with this meal. It's not all fatny, that's what I think it. They realize, wait a minute, there's some healthy stuff in here too. I didn't pay for healthy stuff. I paid for fast food. And you know what, that's okay. If you cannot separate the two, If you can't separate what the director's intended message was from the enjoyment of a movie, that's a U problem. That really is a U problem, because it's always been there. Now you're just looking for it. You're looking for the proverbial monster under the bed. And now when all of a sudden something scares you, you think the monster is real. No, it isn't. The monster has always been in your head. For KFI AM six forty, I'm O
Speaker 1: Kelly Kaspy and KOST HD two, Los Angeles, Orange County more stimulating talk