Speaker 1: Good afternoon.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Gambling with an Edge.
Speaker 1: Now here are your hosts, Bob Dancer and Richard Munchkin.
Speaker 3: Good afternoon, Welcome to Gambling with an Edge. I'm Bob Dancer and I'm Richard Munchkin. Today we're interviewing a sports better who's calling himself Milkshake. My guess is that's not the name on his driver's license, Milkshake. Welcome to Gambling with an Edge.
Speaker 4: Thanks Bob, Richard, appreciate you having them.
Speaker 1: Tell us how you guys started in advantage sports betting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so, my very first dabble into sports betting was in twenty twenty, like many people, and I got sold by a tout. He said he could hit seventy percent, and I was bought in. I didn't know anything about gambling really right, like, so seventy percent sounded real to me. I had heard the war professionals out there, right, So I paid him like two hundred and fifty bucks and lose way more than I can afford to lose, and it sent me on a path of well, I guess I should say. The first thing that happened was they set us up at one sports book. Everybody that was in the group. Just one sports book there, referral Link, and another guy in the group told me there was another sports book I could sign up for that had different numbers, and I was in Utah at the time, so we didn't have a lot of options. I found those two books and they did have different numbers, and I started asking the guys, how many books do you have? Do you care about the number? This has to matter? And nobody really cared. They're like, you know, the only thing that matters is you win. But that seemed like there had to be something there, so it took me a while. I stopped following them pretty quickly, and I started the wrong journey. I guess that a lot of people going. I started looking at other touts. I was like, these are the pros, these are the pros that everybody knows. And in my journey there on Twitter, I found Alan Dinkerson and one of the things that indicated that dink was different was the way his profile was set up. There was no face, it was a little hamster and there was no package to buy. The guy wasn't selling anything, but he claimed to be a professional sports better. So I messaged him and I told him. I wanted to be a professional better. I was interested in that how do I go about it? And he directed me to be better betters by Spanky, which also led me to you guys. And so I just had started absorbing the content. And this was in twenty twenty one, and I knew I couldn't do this in Utah. I just didn't have the outs, but I'd understood the concept just generally what Spanky was explaining of top down, if you beat the number, you're going to win. So I had that in my belt. I had some family down here, but not really anybody that I could move in with, so I just decided to make the move. I had a virtual job predicting contacts for a service center at the time, and so I moved to Las Vegas just to start trying to figure this out and use sports books. And I laugh now looking back on my approach, because I was just rotating through the apps on my phone and clicking Circa, waiting for it to move right. As soon as Circa would move when I was clicking the numbers, then I would follow it at other apps. That was my first foray into.
Speaker 2: So there was enough lag time between when Circa moved and you could jump over to a different app and see the old number.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you know if you're betting MGM Resorts World was one of them at the time. Boy, you know a lot of those Las Vegas accounts are they're pretty slow on the move. So if you're going like I was just going NonStop, just clicking on all the numbers, I could typically get a couple pops. And I hasn't been anything big, you know. I was trying to gather data to prove the theory that CLV was even though everybody agrees upon it's the agreed upon math, Like when you're doing it, it's still especially after being sold by touts.
Speaker 4: I need to see it to believe it at that point, right.
Speaker 5: So the next piece is Spanky put together bet bash and he was holding a Twitter space where basically just talking about why people should go. And I didn't have a large bank roll. I'd moved to Lass Space, I wasn't really winning any money yet and so it was a large chunk of my bankroll to go. So I asked him on the Twitter space why should go? And Spanky you know, started explaining a little bit. A guy named Vegas Horse Bulls who I know you guys know, spoke up and he said, Hey, I'm a professional sports better. I'd love to meet you. And that was really the start of it. I met Scott I went to bet Bash. He convinced me that if there was any one thing I was going to do to become professionalist, to go to bet Bash. And so I went to bet Bash too, and that's where I met my business partner. But we didn't start working together right away, as a lot of these relationships are, you got to start to get to know somebody, especially if you're gonna go launch into business. You don't want to dislike them. But I met a good group of people there and we just started trading ideas after the first Betbash. Didn't really start working with anybody right away. It was just trading ideas. And then I did a Twitter space with Vegas Horse Pulls where we interviewed Spanky kind of in the reverse now before the Betbash three, and there was a guy on Twitter that just DMed me and was like, Hey, I'm a professional better. We want you to move for us. Because I asked thank you how to get into moving on the podcast and they told me they had references. I didn't really care. I think more so I needed the references because they were they offered to send me money, and so anyway, I agreed. I agreed to it, and the next day they sent me ten thousand dollars in bitcoin.
Speaker 1: Had they met too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you meet somebody and they're willing to just send you money like that. I don't think that happens in any other business, you know, But I don't think that's unique either. In this business. That kind of stuff happens a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how you got started, Richie. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Actually a guy I had known a week gave me twenty thousand dollars to go count cowards with. But okay, so anyway, so now you start moving for this guy exactly.
Speaker 5: So they were UFC originators primarily, so I was moving UFC for them. And at this point in time, I have almost every account in town. Some of them are already on different degrees of limiting, because if they see you trying to win, they'll limit you in that fashion. That's not true for all of them, but some.
Speaker 4: Of them will.
Speaker 5: But the biggest issue is it sounds like it's a lot ten thousand dollars, but then they were asking me to fill them like one to three thousand a play. Now I have about ten accounts at the time, and they're just asking me for a bet at a Vegas account, right. So I didn't have the money to fund all the accounts on my own or with the funds they had provided me. So I moved for them for about eight months, and I did everything I could to get them their plates. A lot of the time I had to run to the Kiosk and go get it in because I didn't have enough in the account, and they primarily paid me in bitcoin, and if we lost, they would settle in bitcoin. My issue with bitcoin is that it fluctuates, and so the first time they sent me bitcoin, it took me about two days to turn it into cash and I lost about fifteen hundred dollars in value. Now nowadays it's not as much, but at that time it destroyed my heart, like it was so hard. But I'd already agreed to do this, so I was pushing for them.
Speaker 2: So they you guys hadn't heard of USDC or USDT at that.
Speaker 5: Point at that point in time. That's all we dial in now at this point, but that was that was the currency. A lot of people used that still, and it was what I had used originally when I first was betting in Utah, as all the places took bitcoin, so that was just the former currency at that time. And so anyway, I moved for them for about eight months, and I total profit I made in that eight months was four hundred dollars, so obviously terrible hourly, worse than working at McDonald's.
Speaker 4: Just just just not a good deal.
Speaker 5: And at that point my partner now Asian Lebowski on Twitter, he had provided me the numbers for his model. He had just been testing things out, wasn't extremely confident in it, and we started tracking it, started betting some of it not partnered at that time, just testing out, and it was really good. From FBS to FCS college football, they were both really good. So I pitched them on the idea that we should we should work together. And I guess I am jumping ahead a little bit. When I left those guys, I had only made four hundred dollars, right, but I had been doing some top down and I'd started to generate a little bit of income off of the top down piece in that eight months, but it was very small and My bet size was between one hundred and two hundred dollars and I was arbitraging. So lots of people start out arbitraging.
Speaker 4: There is no.
Speaker 5: More guarantee way to win money than to arbitrage. Just the amounts aren't typically going to be very large.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I just want to jump back for a second because when you started and you were scrolling through your phone switching apps to look for, you know, misspricing, was it like a huge revelation when you found out that you could have an odd screen that would show you Yeah.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that question much because I did skip over that piece a little bit, and it is important detail. Yeah, Bette Bash, they were laughing at me, and they were laughing and they're like, listen, you got to get an odd screen. And right after Bete Bash, Bankkots had not yet been released to the public yet. And my friend loved this guy to death. He's done so much to me with Vegas Horse Pulls. He got me a demo or a beta account of Spain Cots before it launched, and so that was my first That's where I started the arbitrage and the real top down and started generating some income as I got span kots, which I still use to this day.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people when they learn this whole top down idea, they're doing exactly what you described. They see it move in a sharp book and they immediately bet it somewhere else. But that is going to get you limited very quickly doing that, And it seems like there's a whole another level or two levels or three levels of top down that kind of go beyond that. Yeah. Absolutely, So how did you first of all, did you lose all your accounts chasing steam so to speak or it? And how did you learn kind of the more nuanced way of going about it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So, yes, I lost a lot of accounts early on, and I just kind of kept going at it, even with the smaller limits, trying to arbitrage, trying to do some of the top down piece early on. And this Spanky and He's interviewed a lot of top down guys and they'll say this as well, to you, like, the way to figure out top down is to watch the screen, and watch the screen and watch the screen. And I have watched an unreasonable amount of hours. I have stared at spank gods for quite a few years now, and you start to find patterns in the top down because you can't fill when the screen is read. So every sports book, every trader, every better when the screen is read, they know what happened. Right, somebody came and blew up the market, most likely a large group. Now are they trying to fake it or not? Because they knew they were going to make it read? That wasn't an accident, right, And so you start figuring out some of these things. Then you start finding the patterns. And then another thing that I found out if Bette Bousch that really helped me is a top down was all the movers, So real moving groups, real big moving groups. Their number one request from originators is I want a lot down and I don't want anybody to notice. So that made me understand that when the screen lights up, it's done purposefully or could be an accident. So you gave it to a new new guy and they went and bet and asked four one one account or something, and it blew it up. But typically the groups will isolate those people pretty quickly and they're not going to get any more action, so those those don't last. And then on the other side of it, is you want to fill when it's quiet. So you hear guys talk about fakes a lot and figuring out when those fakes are And so I won't give away that the full sauce on. That took me a long time to figure out some of these things. But there are patterns all throughout the betting market. And if you're looking at just the legals in the United States, where you're looking at just Chris circum Penny, you're missing such a large market out there. There are guys from the UK moving, there, guys from Australia moving. There are guys all over the place moving this action. And the number one thing when they say keep it quiet, that just means make sure the American odds screen does not turn red right away, right, That's all they're asking for. But there are book makers moving all over the place off of action that is considered quiet.
Speaker 1: So how do you make bets without making this green red?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is the great question, Bob.
Speaker 4: There's a there's a there's a lot of layers to that.
Speaker 5: So the number one thing that I can I can lay out is you want to be able to bet as much as possible without the trader noticing so even if it's out a recreational book at certain amounts, the trader's going to see that bet at certain times of the days, certain days of the week, depending on when it is or what type of event it is. Just an example, we bet a lot of FCS football the FCS Championship game. I tried to fill that game the same way I'd been filling FCS all year, very quickly, but there was no cover coming in. So the traders noticed it right away and they took it out of the kiosks for three days after we got about six hundred dollars down on each bet that we wanted in there. So the number one thing is is to to figure out how to make it so that nobody actually sees your action. Some of the other ways that you can do with some parlays and such. A lot of that's been revealed already. There's there's books Ella Who's got a book about it, and the round Robins, but there are still some of those techniques depending on how you enter the bets together and what type of bets you're putting in there that are not going to be noticed. And then the other way Bob is is we get losing betters that have great accounts already, and I get the breakdown of what they've been putting in there, and I try to fit our stuff right in with those so that they can stay alive not be noticed. And then these guys already don't move the market. They can come in and bet like ten dimes and nothing's moving that the sports book will leave it alone.
Speaker 4: If it's a major market.
Speaker 1: Your bet with six hundred dollars for the FCS Championship game, that doesn't sound like a big bet to me. Why would that?
Speaker 4: Yeah a red flag.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's their consecutive three hundred dollars bets. And the reason is it did a red flag is we're filling side total and they just noticed what was happening and they knew that wasn't recreational action. They can tell pretty quickly. That's why I mean, you can't let them see right like, if you're betting at a physical location, if they get their eyes on those bets, they're going to be able to tell. It doesn't matter the amount. I've been limited early on betting one hundred dollars a game because I was getting closing line value. They were able to tell, and so the patterns that are coming in that there's just not a not a wreck better out there that's gonna bet in that fashion because they can just go to the counter if they want more than what the Kiosk is offering.
Speaker 2: So what percentage of your action now is top down versus your partner originate some things versus moving for someone outside?
Speaker 5: Yeah, right now, only about five to three percent of our action is moving for somebody else. It just wasn't something that we really enjoyed. Might do some after that bash this year with a few more groups, but really what we're looking for is people to move for us. So this last season, thirty percent of our action was the model and it was our own origination FCSFBS football, that's the only thing we originate. And then the entire rest of it is a form of top down. Some of it is just from what we're finding in the screen. Some of it is trends, some of it is understanding just where a sports book is extremely weak at and the wheel target some of those things. And there are also there is information on Twitter that is freely available that people constantly ignore as non valuable, and we find the valuable information on there, and then we utilize that information to make money. One guy that gives out information on Twitter for free has helped us generate over one hundred thousand dollars just in twenty twenty six, and it's just from information that was free online Twitter. So there is a lot of different ways to do what we would call top down. It's a very broad generalization, but it is still the majority of our action. Because football season is just not that long, are.
Speaker 2: You in the prediction markets?
Speaker 5: Very little comes from us right now. We are setting up to utilize it in football season and we plan to be making on there with our numbers along with some technology that we're having. One of our partners helped us out with. But I live in Nevada and my partner lives in Michigan, and so we were taking early on and there are some unique things that you can find on there from the taking side that are offered by the Kalshi Trading team particularly that are very beautible. But we got shut out on you know, with the inductions both of us, so it wasn't something we lasted long in taking. But we're going to be working with somebody else for the making side of it and getting those numbers up online.
Speaker 1: And you say you'd like to get movers, meaning other people working for you, and presumably it wouldn't be hard to get people who are willing to take your ten thousand dollars and how do you evaluate their honesty and their commitment and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the traditional moving deal that I spoke of early on isn't one that we offer anybody. But it's not something that we have ran into or need. Thanks to bet Bash, there are plenty of guys out there that just want good numbers. And if you have a reputation and you can show that you can win long term, provide what your ROI is, Provide what your closing line value is if it is a market that needs closing line value to be beat. If it's not, then they're going to go off the ROI and the amount of bets there. So the other deal we do is we're trying to find wells, the ips. They have their own money already in the accounts, they don't need our money, so we're splitting the bets with them, and then we settle up. Typically it'll be every week settle it, will send the thing. But once we build relationships that the number just kind of stays on paper for a lot and goes up and down and fluctuates and gets paid off when we typically owe a third party money that we both know.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like that has a potential of you getting burned.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there is. There is absolutely the potential of us having one of our guys. But we could go up really large and then they could run off with that. Luckily, at this point in time, we've never had that happen. How do we evaluate it? It's a good question, you know, like, and it's an interesting one in the gay listen because there's there's you know, oh, he knows this guy or he's friends with this person. It's like, well, have you guys done real business? Like not really, you know, but he seems like a that A lot some of it is just taking a chance, ap do you get to talk to somebody for a little bit. And a big part of it is that they're taking the chance on us more so than we are on them. They have to put up the money. If we lose and then don't pay them, then they would be out whatever that figure was, and so we're both taking on that little bit of risk there. And if they want to make money, long term, they're going to pay us when we win, and we're not typically betting into what I would say is a soft book maker in the PPH world that is not going to pay us. And most of the movers, the expectation is that they guarantee the accounts. So if they have a reputation as a mover, they're known, then they're guaranteeing it. So even if they get stiffed, the originators are typically not going to be the ones getting stiffed. And most of the major groups that I've talked to have that kind of set up one hundred percent at this point.
Speaker 2: So you mentioned betting at the key asks, but how do you go out and run around and bet at kiosks and you can't be watching the board at the same time, and betting at kiosks, I mean is really time consuming just in terms of driving to the different places and having to make multiple bets because they because you can only bet three hundred dollars at a time or whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it can take some time. So typically what we are pumping the kiosks full of just where there's a large amount of volume is FCS football, and so I don't have to be on screen for that. I'm my partner around the screen during that time period, and we have the numbers beforehand as well before I show up as well. So typically I know that these twenty games at this price, between this price and this price are good, so fill them as much as you pan up to this number.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: So during football, it does take a lot of time, but there's so many people there that it's it's it's a beautiful time just rotating kiosk to kiosk, walking around. And then I'm not moving proper. I don't want to say property. I do move properties, but I'm not typically betting different sports books. We're typically targeting one sports book and that in Nevada, and so there is some walk in there. Is that the main thing is cashing that the tickets. Is that the heart is part more so than even getting those bets down in the time, because we have to cash them without providing an ID or a player's card, otherwise we'll get flagged. They'll connect all those bets and it could be a major issue. So the main thing is keeping those low enough and then just going from different place to different place and taking care of it and spreading it out and of course we do use other people and have them hop in on that. But when it's top when we're doing top down, So that's an example of the football. But when it's top dom, the stuff, as I mentioned, I'm betting is not red screen, so I have I can send bet to some people and I'll be like, no, you have about an hour to bet that, right, like, and it is a top down play. And as an example golf, we can bet golf on Wednesday nights and have hours to fill those positions and we won't move the market. And so it's not a ton of time consuming, I should say, because I'll go in like a two hour window and fill all those positions, right, and then go take an hour walk around, cash the tickets from previously, and so about three hours in that that total fashion, except on college football Saturdays which at seventy and to whenever I drop or run out of money.
Speaker 2: So when you're talking about golf, you're not originating that. So your your source of truth must be something that other people have not realized is there for the taking if you have two hours to fill it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is something I'm willing to provide. Is I hate the idea of a source of truth. I am absolutely anti source of the truth top down betting. And you see that in the mainstream all the time. Odds Jam's got calculators to Pinnacle. People follow Chris blindly, even if they have one hundred and twenty five dollars limit and circa who limited. People let some of them back in, but still these are supposed to be considered the sharpest books, and people were using them as the sole source of truth. This book moves, I'm going to follow it right, But.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is that if the golf is a top down bet, then you had to read the market somewhere. That's that's all I read.
Speaker 5: Right, And so that's what I was just prefacing, like just kind of that tradition. And then we're taking a blend. There's a lot of different books out there that we're going to. It's not necessarily find a source of truth, but I'm looking for the fills and how those patterns are coming in, and then I'm marking which price which side, and then watching it develop, and then by the time Wednesday night is there, I have a good idea of what side is being filled the most, and what side is being filled as quietly as possible, and then we'll look for the numbers that are off market still right prices that we've thing like, I don't want to give an illusion that price doesn't matter. It is everything in every sports betting piece, right, but we're going to take those off markets that are there. Then they're at a book that we can fill quietly and get the volume that we want to from there.
Speaker 1: When you make partnerships temporary with other sports betters, is this a handshake partnership? Is this signed contracts? How is this done?
Speaker 5: I have a lot of handshake deals we have. We have done some contracts. The way the lawyer explained it to us is the main thing is having some sort of documentation that is where you guys outlined the dell. So typically after I've met somebody and I've chatted him with him for a while, then when we decided to work together, I will send a message saying, hey, just wanted to confirm you're you're ready to work with us, and they'll say yes, and I'll be all right.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 5: So it's a fifty to fifty split on money risk money one, but we're both invested equally and we'll settle up every Monday, depending on where the figure the figure is. So technically that's a legally binding contract. Hopefully we never have to use that in court. And if it's somebody that we were maybe a little bit more worried about, we do have a contract we have had people sign before. We brought in a partner for a short period of time and he was getting accounts to us from people that he worked with. So these are what I consider to be T three and Tier four accounts. They are pretty far down your social ladder, and the stiff risk is very high. Your grandma is likely not going to rob us, your mother is likely not going to rob us. Your coworker that you've worked with for six months and bonded over drinks has a high likelihood of running out once I transfer the twenty k into their account or whatever.
Speaker 4: It may be.
Speaker 1: Do you ever find it useful to make camouflage bets that are less profitable than usual or even unprofitable, in order to keep an account open.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The term most commonly is for this is priming an account, and we've had a love hate relationship with this over the years. Early on, we lost some DKs and fandles and like ten bets, and that's why I was like, we have to figure out some other way to do this, because this is not working. We cannot pay or make a deal with somebody for an account and lose them in this fashion. So on the priming of the accounts, we will put in some things that are considered to be not as positive as we would like. So I may have two positive bets in the parlay and then the third bet isn't. But just an example, like we put a five legue World Cup parlay into hard Rock. It was given to us by a friend and he was like, I love this five leggers, it's awesome. That was supposed to prime the account. It was put in there too primary account. It won, so it was five more bucks to win one hundred and ten thousand dollars and it wins on the account. We have lost accounts just for winning. This account doesn't lose, it doesn't get limited immediately. So now we're trying to prime it, right, We're trying to continue to prime it, and so we are trying to act like we are escalating our interest in gambling. Right, So we placed that five hundred dollars one and so once we saw the account wasn't limited. We immediately went and put a thousand dollars parlay right, and then put another.
Speaker 4: One thousand dollars paraday. After that one loss, put another thousand dollars parlays. So this.
Speaker 5: There is a form of priming that has to go on, and there is a form of the game that has to go on. But we're still going to try and put stuff that we believe is going to win long term based off of the patterns we're finding, based off of information somebody else is providing us. The number one thing is you can't bet when the screen is read, and you gotta avoid CLV if at all possible, regardless of how big the market is, whether it's Major League Baseball, UFC on Saturday, if you're getting CLV, the account's going to get limited.
Speaker 2: Back to the idea of faking or fainting. Somebody said to me that the it might have been used milkshake. Somebody said to me that the line forty five minutes it's before the game is actually a better indicator of the truth than the closing line.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So there was a guy I bet Batch that was talking about that this last week, where I think you worked for s four one one, and so he was talking about that primarily for Major League Baseball. And that's a perfect example of the type of stuff that is top down right that type of tracking. If you watch the Major League Baseball market, any professional that it does, there's the early morning betters. There's large groups that are moving from six am to ten am. They're filling positions, and typically they're blowing up the market because the limits are as big. But forty five minutes before start, two hours before start, there are other groups filling much bigger pills. They're still moving the market, but maybe not as drastically as blowing it up. And then right before start, way more games than should be based off the logic of nobody can beat Major League Baseball without clv are moving in massive ways. So there's some theories that that's just the REX coming in. The Dodgers is an example. Dodgers move in twenty five to thirty cents or whatever right before post. Maybe that's the time to come back. On the other side, the one thing that I would say is there's just there's no absolutes. There are just no absolutes. Everybody says NFL MLB can't be beat right before post. They are arbable right before post, So that's beatable in any way, shape or fashion. That would be considered beatable to mean.
Speaker 1: One of your accounts in the past month or so is up up, up, and you haven't been restricted yet. Will you put that account aside for three months or six months or something like that.
Speaker 5: It's an interesting question. There are accounts that we do let go dormant depending on where the idea is from that got the account. So if we have somebody with the Michigan ID betting on a Nevada account and they're betting every single day of baseball season, either they do moved to and never updated their ID, or somebody else has that account, so I not necessarily do it the win though, if we take an account for a lot of money, we want to make sure that we're giving some back in expected value. Depending on the account, I should say like this.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 5: This is mainly for legals that we're talking about with a person's name detached or a VIP, because those are the only accounts we particularly care about disguising the action because they have they have a ton of value. If you can get into the VIP program, if you can just keep them alive and be able to bet into a rec book. They're they're extremely valuable in that fashion.
Speaker 2: Just going back to the CLV question, my understanding is that you can shift the closing line if you're betting a lot of money, you can shift the closing line right before the off just so that you do intentionally do not get CLV, like pay the price to to to not have CLV in that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's not us. We're we're not that size of a group. But there are definitely groups out there that are concerned with that type of manipulation and are doing so to be able to keep accounts longer. That's that's why I said, there's just there's no absolutes, right, Like, somebody might be moving that line right out close and as a top down better you might think, Wow, they have the most money, I should follow them, and then you're just losing your shirt. And it's because they just they're hitting a limited as four one one account and just moving the market right and you don't even know how much it costs them to move it. You would assume based on the limit on the spank Gods that it was fifty dimes or whatever it may be, but that's just not always the case for.
Speaker 1: Our listeners wanting to get into sports betting. Do you have any recommended books or podcasts?
Speaker 5: Well, Gambling with an Edge for sure, there are three that I really like, Your Guys is a Risk of Ruin and I think John does a great job on that one. And the guests he brings on, I've met a ton of them. They're all very legit, very interesting stories. And then Be Better Better Spanky doesn't, you know, really do it much anymore, but his podcast changed my life and then the logic of sports betting. So everybody says that one for suspisient. I didn't read any other book. It was the only sports betting book I ever read that wasn't entertaining. I should say only the textbook one. There are plenty of entertaining gambling ones I've enjoyed, but that was the one just because it helps break down the math in a way that's understandable, that changes sports from a handicapping to a mathematical equation that's beatable and trackable and just logical, like the title says, unlike I know, the whole gambling industry is rife with a lot of people that say they can win off of all sorts of different things. But this one really breaks it down into an understandable one.
Speaker 2: What about you don't really have this in Nevada. But what about dealing with bonuses? I mean a lot of people are original bank rolls with the sports book bonuses. But how do you guys handle that? Do you think there are tails in using them? To avoid?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, do not follow the math that everybody has agreed upon and says is what you should do, right, like go better down a plus four hundred to plus five and a bank real size dependent. Don't do that opt to just just don't follow the exact optimal path we have that. We're still doing tests on this stuff. It's a it's a never ending battle because the books will change as well. They'll change those in charge, they'll change the way their trackings, they'll upgrade their AI, they'll figure out different ways to lock in a player. So one of the accounts we have that is doing really well, been doing well for a little while now at a very recreational sports book. I have never touched a single bonus that they have offered. I do not puch any of the free bets. I don't touch any of the profit boots, nothing that they offer. I don't text back the VIP host that's been reaching out like we're just kind of ignoring everything on that one. They just keep letting us go. So until that one gets shut down, we're going to keep doing that, and then we're going to try it with another one. Because up until that time, or I guess I should say, we had one sports book at that same or we had one account at that same sports book. We were priming it in a fashion, but we were using all the free bets, we're using all the profit is. We were doing ten legs and game parlays, table tennis, just all sorts of chaos into that account, and it went up about thirty eight thousand, and they shut it down. There was not CLD in that account. We don't know what it was. But one of the differences is the playing of the promos. And even if you're playing them like so plus four hundred plus five hundred, let's say that's the agreed upon off, even if you're putting them on a plus twenty two thousand, I still think that may raise a flag. Right, this guy might not be playing it perfectly optimally, but he is still putting it on a large dog. Now, if I'm betting two thousand a game, and I go and I put a two hundred dollars free bet on a minus two hundred or a minus one ten, what does that look like? So I feel like I'm in a rock and a hard place in that situation where the best option is just to ignore them completely. But we don't have a ton of data on that yet. But it's where we're moving right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes it can just speak too much to ignore, you know, I.
Speaker 5: Mean right, Yeah, some of the VIP counts. If you can get a deposit bonus, we'll take that. We'll take a deposit monosa. I should say on once the account becomes VI, we've always accepted what they provide, right, you want to provide us thousand dolly bets, et cetera. My biggest concern with betting the small stuff that they're just automatically providing the accounts right now is just that doesn't match my bet sizing at all as right, So once they provide something that does match with what we're doing, will will take them up on that. To we have in the past, this account we're not yet, We're going to see what happens.
Speaker 1: How do you see what you're doing changing over the next few years.
Speaker 5: As long as as long as they allow the prediction markets to offer sports books. There's sports odds to almost every state in the United States. We're going to be heavily moving towards those as most people in a lot of ways. But we are in the camp where we love high ROI and small edges. So I don't see what we're doing changing that much in the next couple of years as far as how we're tackling and what markets we're tackling. I would rather work expanding the amount we can get down on a high edge than moving into the tougher markets and trying to get more down on the on the smaller edge at this point in time, So prediction markets, I.
Speaker 2: Think you're that that makes sense. You said the high ROI and small edge and those are smaller bets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I want to I want to work on getting bigger bets on the higher ROI rather than moving into an industry or moving into a market that already allows bigger bets but with a lower ry. Got it right, So, and uh, there are a ton of legal sports books all throughout America and a ton of illegal ones too, and so those aren't going away anytime soon. There are some like obviously things move and change. We lost Super Book, we lost we're losing stations, both unique numbers, but new competitors come in right and they're going to be offering and unique opportunities. Like with the Caesars kind of takeover. I was extremely worried about it at first, as like, no, that's the worst one. They'd absolutely don't have in play. We have a very hateful relationship with each other, but with the way they've kind of structured their relationships with some of these other sportsbooks, it just opened up opportunities for us. And that was just recent and there are there's an ever changing marketplace, so I don't see it changing too much. We're gonna get as much of the wreck money as we can in the prediction markets, but we're not looking to go toe to toe with against the other groups out there. That's hard money and we're not at a stage yet where we need to do that. There is plenty of money just ready to be taken all across the United States.
Speaker 1: With top down betting, you don't really have to be all that knowledgeable about the games as to whether the Cowboys should be a two point favorite, a four point favorite, a six point favorite, and all you have to do is look for the differences and moves. Is that correct?
Speaker 5: Yeah, in a fashion, we're trying to figure out what we believe the fair price to be through the bets that are coming in so that we can fill it when it's a little bit more quiet. But as far as having to have knowledge about the sports zero. I care very little about any of the actual sports that are going on, and like watching them like who's the thing, Like who's the big player? Who's the good team? That isn't completely relevant, but what is relevant is the important players' names. So I need to know the names of certain players. Have to be able to track that because injury information is key. You need even if you're not betting it because the market's blowing up because underdog released to Lebron James injury news, you still want to know why it moved right and understand that that piece of it.
Speaker 2: You don't do any in game betting, do.
Speaker 4: You very very little.
Speaker 5: I know there are a lot of guys that do that, but my issue, my issue with doing top down on the live side is you'd have to use an odd screen that is going to market and it's going to say, hey, this is this is a good play at this point in time, and then you would have to bet it when it says that on the screen. And so whenever it says it's arpa ball on the screen, whenever it says it's something that's nature that's going to be marked by the sports book. And we don't want to lose our accounts betting these live edges that are pretty obvious at this point in time. If there's a way they can that, we could feel for somebody that had an edge that they felt would be disguised in the live market would be a little bit more interested. And if you can bet big on NBA Live or something of that nature right at the beginning, I think that would be where the edge would come in, would be right at the beginning of the game. And if you have unlimited accounts, A lot of these a lot of these groups you hear that are betting live very successfully. They have a lot of accounts.
Speaker 1: As we post this, the Dodgers have lost i don't know, seven out of eight games something like that, and so a lot of recreational better will use that information to determine whether they should bet the Dodgers today. So any way that you can ride that way and get value out.
Speaker 5: Of that, I don't want to give a blanket, yes, because I think that would be an incorrect way to do things. But sometimes the models favor specific teams for an extended period of time, and sometimes it can be just betting on the exact same team over and over and over again, almost blindly. For just an example, we bet on the Rockies run line one hundred games in.
Speaker 4: A row last year.
Speaker 6: It just it was the play and it was great and it was very profitable, and I didn't need after we figured it out, we didn't really need to do anything except see what the best prices in the market in the morning that the Rockies run line.
Speaker 5: So yes, in a way, Bob. But also I don't recommend blindly like following a seven game losing streak, because that's not predictive in any fashion.
Speaker 2: Well, you wouldn't know which way to bet it, right because they lost seven in a row, they're due to win or they I guess they're good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, just.
Speaker 2: Like Makara players.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they just Paul paull in those streaks, and baseball would be one that you could use all of those methods from the casino games.
Speaker 1: And thank you very much, Milkshake. This was very informative. Thank you, Richard. Go out and hit Royal Flush everybody, good day.
Speaker 4: Free audio post production byophonic dot Com