Speaker 1: But I just want to jump on for a few minutes today because Donald Trump has now decided he's going to not just touch the current third rail of American politics. He's going to lick it and rub it down good. Donald Trump went all in today on data centers. And I have to show you his tweet because it's just a classic piece of Trumpism. I'll read it for you.
Speaker 2: The only reason communities throughout the USA should not want data centers is they want to end up being backward and poor. If they want to be successful and rich with far lower taxes and jobs all over the place, let data reign. The good news is there are plenty of other places that will want them. If we kill the golden goose, you'll lay of yourselves to blame. China could not be happy with this anti-data center movement. Actually, they can't believe it's happening, President DJT.
Speaker 1: Guys, I beg of you, Donald, and you, Donald Donalds, the both Donalds, Byron Donalds down in Florida has gone all in supporting data centers. in a state that is voting to ban them or put a moratorium on them in, I think it's 12 or 13 of the 67 counties so far, but Trump himself has now jumped in on this fight. I have almost never seen in my career a polling issue so unequivocal. This is like one of those trans-partisan issues. Oops, sorry, I used the word trans. This trans-partisan issues that everybody hates them. And why do they hate them? Well, they hate them because they're a proxy. Trump's saying, if you don't build a data center, your community will be backward and poor. Actually gives away the game. The big tech guys who want to build these data centers everywhere to train the AI that will take your job. And by the way, yes, the jobs they're taking now will be white collar jobs initially. But they're also using the AI training centers, the AI training data, to start training robots to take blue-collar jumps. And it's starting to trickle through. And Trump is remarkably completely on the wrong side of this issue with his own base. Right after he tweeted that, I'm going to show you this. I don't know how well you can see it. But hang on. All right, here we go. Oh, there it is. I don't know what way you can see it, but my God, these are people responding on Truth Social and he's absolutely getting his head caved in. I mean, he's absolutely getting a beat down from his own supporters. And when you look at the tone of those responses, my God, it's brutal. Again, I'm sorry, it's not that clear on the screen. But it's, you've lost your mind. You'll be known as the president slash Freemason who single-handedly destroyed the nation. No data centers. Love you, DJT. But if you're concerned about windmills destroying boards and the constant humming, you need to go to visit a local neighborhood data center in Florida where our aquifers are so fragile, water is so expensive. Data centers are the real threat. Am I MAGA?
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: Horrendous messaging. This statement is insane. I'm already on water restrictions. You're an idiot. You'll be making money, I suspect. Meanwhile, our lives get shittier with no water and more noise. Trump has always had a feral sense of cunning, right? Like this low grade thing that he's always got in his gut. Like, where's the base? Where's the base? What's the base thinking? Am I with them? Are they with me? He now doesn't give a shit. He's just like, screw it. This is a proxy, once again, guys, for a big, big, big class warfare thing that's going on in this country. Why do the data center guys, why are they telling him? Because this is what they're telling him, by the way. If you don't build data centers, you'll be backward and poor. The data center guys understand that. They understand if you build the data centers, everybody's going to be backward and They are racing to extract the last bit of financial capital out of working class and middle class, white collar and blue collar workers. OpenAI and ChatGPT, well, OpenAI is ChatGPT, OpenAI and Meta and Google and Anthropic, they are all looking at this data center race, not just as a CapEx exercise. They're looking at the data center race as a way to shift about 25% of GDP, those white-collar and blue-collar jobs, from humans to them. So right now, let me pick a white-collar job for you. CPAs, tax preparers, right? It's already been shifting because of software in general, but in a few years, they want to look out there and say, okay, CPAs generate extra billion dollars a year of revenue for themselves. And that's contributed to GDP. They want to be able to say that the AI will prepare your taxes. It will do a better job. It will find every single maximal whatever. And you'll pay your $ 29 or $ 49 or as I paid a couple thousand dollars. And it will not go to Joe or Jim or Chris or Maria, your local tax preparer. It will go to Anthropic or OpenAI or Meta or Google. And iterate that across the whole economy. That's why the data center thing is affecting people. They recognize it. It's a proxy for the economic dislocation that AI is going to cause in this country. It is also a direct environmental proxy. Because you know where there's not an AI data center? Right in the middle of Atherton, California, where the richest men in the world live. You know where there's not an AI data center? In Mark Zuckerberg's neighborhood. You know, there will never be an AI data center in Sundar Pichai's neighborhood. You know, there will never, ever be an AI data center in Sam Altman's neighborhood. Because the AI data centers they're building in Florida and in Georgia and Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee and Texas are so large you can see them from space. They are so damaging to the local environment. And I'm not talking about like the sort of ephemeral, like, oh, is it climate change? No.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: The turbine generators that run the power systems for these things scream all day and all night long. It is a sound you will never forget once you hear it. I want to play a quick clip of an ad we did in Florida for a super PAC helping David Jolly. Because Byron Donalds in Florida has dug in so hard on data centers. But I want you to listen to the noise. It's a real sound that we got.
Speaker 4: Water all the things that make our state so magical you thought you were getting this came to florida for the sun the weather the water all the things that make our state so magical you thought you were getting this but the man they call data center donalds wants a different sound and so do his billionaire mega.
Speaker 1: Donors it's this.
Speaker 4: Donald's and his friends want to build thousands of data centers right in your backyard. They run 24-7, a noise from hell. They make our already sky-high electrical bills even worse and drive down your home value. But data center Donald's owes big tech, and he'll do everything they say.
Speaker 1: Florida does not leave, California will.
Speaker 4: So when you hear Byron Donalds, get used to hearing this sound every day, every night, forever.
Speaker 1: All right, so that's just one example. And frankly, since Trump has now staked out this position, I want people to start asking those vulnerable Republicans in the 26 districts that we're going after and others, And those vulnerable statewide Senate races, where they are on data centers, because now Trump has put them in a trap. Now Trump has put them in a trap where if they say, I don't want data centers, then the next thing that's going to happen is Trump's going to notice. And people will say, you're not loyal to the president. This is a unforced error on the part of Donald Trump that frankly was inconceivable. Even in 2024, he would never have made this kind of error. He had a sensitivity in 24 to the efficacy of the message about the economy and inflation and gas prices and grocery prices that no matter how mendacious it was, no matter if he didn't have a solution to it, the fact that he would make it worse didn't matter. He had that gut sense and he has lost that gut sense. But now these Republicans are going to have to come out and either publicly say, I love Donald Trump and he's right on data centers, or they're going to have to say, No presence wrong in data centers. I'm not going to vote for them. I'm going to push against them. Please, Donald, keep talking. And you too, Byron Donalds, keep talking about data centers. I want you to talk about data centers all day, every day. I never want you to spend a moment. I want you to spend every waking minute talking about data centers from now on, because the fact that data centers are so popularized, and people just love them. They just love data centers. They think data centers are the greatest thing since prepared mustard. They think data centers are making their weight. They don't. And when I tell you every poll that we have examined this year, when I say that every poll we've looked at this year has shown data centers to be so fricking unpopular to be so, so politically poisonous guys. It's universal. There are no surveys, national surveys that I'm aware of this year that have said, Oh, data centers are super popular. I'm going to show you a couple quick slides on this because this is from the heat map poll. And I'm going to add this on stage. I'm going to go full screen. Again, I'm sorry if it's kind of hard to see. So in a year, we've gone from about 45% opposed data centers to just under 75% opposed data centers where they live, okay? For something to move that much in a year, it's not a psyop. It's not some liberal talking point as Trump is trying to put, Trump allies are trying to push out. It's not some Chinese PSYOP, blah, blah, blah. It is a political tectonic shift in the country. Here's another one for you. Data centers are underwater with Democrats by 75%, independents by 65%, 67%. Republicans are still underwater by about 45%. And rural voters, who are the ones taking the hit, who are the ones getting the data center shoved in their face are right where independents are and not far into where Democrats are. Y'all, when I tell you that this is a losing issue for Republicans and for MAGA, I want Donald Trump to keep talking about it. Tell me I'm wrong, Donald. Keep talking about it. My God, it is poisonous and it's going to stay poisonous. I've got a memo that came out a couple of weeks ago Where is that? Did we load that? Maybe we didn't load that yet. Hang on. A memo that came out in the Ohio Senate race a couple weeks ago, okay, from the NRSC. And the NRSC, I've just clipped a part of it for you here, talked about why, about two weeks ago, why John Husted is losing to Sherrod Brown. Now, there's a number of reasons. Sherrod's a good candidate. He's really born-again hard. But they say data centers are the anchor hanging around Husted's neck. This has become a sleeper issue of the entire election cycle. Now, the purpose of this memo from the NRSC was not to protect John Husted. The purpose was to raise money from the data center industry and from the AI industry. Just as Byron Donald's campaign is being floated by the AI industry, their biggest super PAC is all funded by AI money and big tech money. His campaign is flooded with data center money and AI money and big tech money, as is Busted's. And the NRC was essentially saying, we know how bad this issue is. We know how much it sucks. We know how angry you are. Give us more money, data center guys, so we can keep forcing it down the throats of the people of Ohio. It has turned so poisonous, folks, that in Florida, process this for a second, Even Ron DeSantis is like, oh, data centers, we've got to sort out data centers. But Donald's, again, all in on data centers. His lieutenant governor.
Speaker 3: Choice, and he's a Republican, by the way, he picked a guy for lieutenant governor who sponsored the data center bill that gave them the power to come in with NDAs and to secretly place these data centers in Florida with no liability.
Speaker 1: He's also pro-gun control, which, again, is a weird choice for Florida. And he's also a Miami Cuban, which, welcome to North Florida, which is Alabama, which is, you know, as one Republican said to me the other day, he goes, whoa, looks like Byron's got himself a DEI ticket now. Anyway, but I want Trump and Donalds and these other Republicans, in Texas, Greg Abbott is in trouble. Gina Hinojosa is on his heels. Greg Abbott in Texas is like, No, we're going to back off on the data centers. We're going to hold off on this for a minute. Really? James Tallarico is running against Ken Paxton, of course, and doing very well, as we all know. And Paxton is still all in on the data centers, hoping to get some tranche of big tech money rolling in at the last minute. Guys, this shit is amazing. I want Republicans to keep fighting for data centers. Please, guys, keep fighting for data centers. It is my dream that you will die on this hill because it is a hill you will die on politically. Now, there is a rising wave. You guys should all prepare yourselves to hear this. MAG is going to say, opposition to data centers is all because of the Chinese. They've got an influence campaign. Now, these are the people who've said, oh, no, Russian influence campaigns never existed to help Trump. But suddenly this Chinese data center campaign is the magical power that has hypnotized 300 million Americans to hate data centers. It ain't. By the way, China's going to do just fine in the AI war against us because they're moving at speed and scale for a bunch of models that are publicly deployable on lower power hardware. We are in a race with China on AI. But right now, it's not going to be contingent on whether we build out the data center capacity faster. They're innovating faster. Just is. The Kimmy model is very powerful. Anyway, that's a rabbit hole. We don't need to go down on this on this live. But guys, if you're in a district with one of these Republicans who is vulnerable. First off, let me know in the comments if you're in a district with a Republican who's cheerleading for data centers.
Speaker 3: OK.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah. Somebody just mentioned Musk. That is another reason why Paxton is trying this. He's hoping Musk will swag a check for $ 100 million or $ 200 million, some kind of bullshit like that. And I don't know that's going to happen. In part, for a sort of technical reason, that the guy running Paxton's campaign is a notorious Republican Party grifter, okay? I mean, not like notorious, like a little bit notorious, like rape and pillage. He has things on his slides and his pitch deck. Like, I keep 67% of every dollar a campaign spends. It must be nice. But the people that right now are in this political wedge on the Republican side, you should ask them. If you're in their district, you should go to a town hall meeting if they'll do one or ask them on socials. Do you agree with the president on data centers? Remember, all things in Trump's world are mediated through one of two modalities, Fox News or social media. The response he's gotten so far on true social, it's going to rattle him. It's going to be even worse if Republicans start getting asked about this. And, oh, yeah, I interviewed Aaron Brockovich a couple weeks ago on the podcast about data centers. It was a phenomenal conversation. He has a great site where you can report data centers in your area and also find out like who's accountable. This political stink bomb, this thing is radioactive waste and the GOP has not figured it out. So caught. And I love it so much. They're so caught in this and yes, is, is Mark Zuckerberg and, and, Are Mark Zuckerberg and Mark Andreessen and Peter Thiel and all the various Silicon Valley players, big tech players, AI players, are they spending a lot of CapEx on AI? Yes, they are. Do they want to build them everywhere? Yes, they do. Do they care about your community? Abso-fricking-lutely not. Not a bit, not one iota do they care. That is why all these communities are forced to sign MBAs. And there's no economic boom coming from these things. Georgia spent $ 475 million last year incentivizing AI data centers to come to Georgia. They have collected $ 40 million of tax revenue. I'm sure that's going to iterate out pretty much the same way everywhere else. If you thought it was a rip off of your taxpayer dollars back in the day to give billionaires money to build a stadium, you were right. You were correct. If you think it's a bigger ripoff of your taxpayer dollars to subsidize Elon Musk and Sam Altman and Mark Zuckerberg building data centers in your neighborhood or on your farm, oh, you are even more right. And guys, counties in North Florida, where I live, this is a very, very red state, red part of the state. state, excuse me. This is Southern Alabama. If you take a left out of my street, you're in Georgia in about two minutes. No, maybe six minutes. But Georgia, very quickly out of my street, okay? Farmers in Florida And ranchers in central Florida, which is, Florida is the number eight state for cattle ranching in the country. You bet you didn't know that. We've been doing cowboys here since way before there were cowboys in the West. Florida farmers and cattlemen are the number one targets for these land acquisition guys and these data center acquisition guys. And they want to come in and burn down, I don't know, 2,000, 3,000, 5,000 acres of farmland. and build data centers on them. They want to build what they call hyperscalers, the biggest of big data centers. The other thing about Florida that my science-y wife has pointed out to me is our aquifer is so stressed out in Florida. We've got way too many people who've moved here. Data centers are going to be pumping out the Florida aquifer, which is going to mean sinkholes. has had sinkhole problems for years as people move here and they drain the aquifers and then the limestone collapses, right? I speak from experience on this because in the 80s, our home in Carolina, Florida, got sucked down by a sinkhole. The data centers are going to turn that into a daily occurrence because they suck down so much water. The ones that want to build near rivers, say goodbye to your fresh seafood and your oysters in Florida. They get to build on either the Flint river, uh, on the here in West Florida, the St. John's over in, in Jacksonville area. They want to build these things where they can get cheap water and cheap power and cheap political figures who will be bought off for nothing. So that's why it's poisonous everywhere. This is happening everywhere. The most conservative counties in Florida, some of the most conservative, Escambia, Wakulla, Martin, um, These counties have said no. They put moratoriums on all over the place. There are moratoriums popping up in Texas for data centers all over the place. They want you to subsidize their AI transfer of your wealth, and people get it. And politically, they understand how freaking poisonous this is. So Trump being all in on this, Trump being all obsessed about this, it is absolutely... Sorry, I just had to deal with some business there. It is absolutely an issue I want Republicans to be dug in on. I want them to support the president 100% on this. Let me play J.D. Vance's clip here, and then I'm going to roll up.
Speaker 5: Take advantage of some of the federal deregulatory efforts that we've undertaken. If you build a data center, you should be putting power back into the grid, not taking it out. And if that is happening, I don't think the data centers are that controversial.
Speaker 1: Oh, au contraire, couch boy. The data centers are not going to be putting power back into the grid. This is what we call in politics a big fat fucking lie. J.D. does not recognize that these data centers are politically poisoned because he's got to follow Trump because he wants to run for president. All the BS, right? The trap he's in just then is trying to wedge a little tiny, like, oh, they're going to put power back. No, they're not, JD. They're not. Again, this is a proxy for class and economic dislocation that has entered into the brains of Americans in a way that is going to be really hard to shift. There's no amount of money you can spend in the next 65 days. It's going to convince a guy in North Florida or South Georgia or or Tennessee, that a data center on his farm is going to be a net positive for the community. That a neighborhood listening to the data center screaming all night is going to be a net positive for their community. That a data center that pollutes the water table at scale is going to be a great net positive for their community. There's not enough money in the universe to change the minds of Americans when they're at, they're at basically five to one against data centers. He is obviously not listening to come to the pollster. Trump is not listening to his pollsters clearly because this issue is coming up everywhere and it's coming up hard. Um, we're going to be doing some ads at our targeted races against these Republicans on the data center issue, because guys, I've never seen anything, um, I've never seen anything move this. Final buzzer, you made a great point just now. The technology in the data centers, I want you to remember that the investment in data centers, these people are like locusts. They're going to build these things. They're going to use them for a couple of years. And you know what they're going to do after that? They're going to dump them. And you're going to be left with these abandoned shells in the middle of what were farms and neighborhoods and cities and communities. and suburbs, and they're going to say, well, you clean up the mess. That's what they always do, guys. They want the classic post-free market economic model of socialize the risk and privatize the benefit. If they were really so intent on selling these great things that are so great for the community, you know what they'd be doing? They'd be saying, okay, well, City of such and such, we're going to build a data center here and it's going to contribute X fraction of billion, X billion dollars to our revenue every year. And you're going to get 25% of it for your schools. Are they doing that? No, they are not. They're bad politics and they're a lot of expensive PR people. But there's a rule in politics and in PR. It's called the dog food rule. If you're a company that makes crappy dog food, it doesn't matter how good the advertising is. The humans may buy the dog food, but the dogs won't eat it if it tastes like crap. And data centers to the American people are bad dog food. They're poisonous. They're politically stupid. And so Donald Trump and Byron Donalds and Ken Paxton and the rest of you morons, I want you to keep fighting for data centers. I beg of you do it. I beg of you to do it. It is, it is, It is such an amazing issue for you. Please just keep doing it because all those voters who wake up in the morning and go, man, how can I make Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg retro while training the AI that's going to take my job? They can't. But please, guys, if you're a Republican, please, I beg of you, keep doing it. It is a wonder. It is a miracle. It is something amazing. that you should stake your entire political future on. Because now that Donald Trump has gone all in on it, you have. All right, everybody, thanks so much for watching today, as always. Listen, if you are listening to me on YouTube, go ahead and hit that like and subscribe button, hit the bell if you want to be notified when we go live again. If you are watching me on Substack, which is generally our home for most of these things, you can sign up for a free Substack account for Against All Enemies. You'll get notified again when we go live. You'll get free content every week. We do a few free pieces and a few paid pieces every week. You can catch me on the Lincoln project podcast on Tuesdays. You can catch me on the strategy session on Tuesday nights. You can catch me on the Lincoln project podcast again. I'm sorry. The breakdown on Thursday nights. You can catch me on the Lincoln project podcast elephant in the room on Fridays. Also with our political and polling show with my son, Andrew Wilson is coming back from maternity leave real soon. I got to see my grandson this weekend. It was awesome. Babies are doing great. He's so small. But, yeah, thanks so much for watching, folks. Do me a big favor once again. Click that subscribe or follow key wherever you're hearing this or watching this, and we'll see you again next time. Thanks, everybody.