Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Yeah, it wasn't a seap fighting, right, because we're making so much progress, but there's still.
Speaker 2: So much that has to be stopped.
Speaker 1: In its tracks eight five five for zero five two five to five the number text d an five seven seven three nine. These celebration continues as it should, right because again today we see a major breakthrough. Now listen, this is not the most perfect deal in the world, but we see a major breakthrough that would not have happened that this, this deal and I'll put it in quotes between Hamas and Israel, would not have happened without Trump winning the presidency. I think any honest thinking person would admit that. But every single day we get some concrete example of how the country, the world is getting better because Trump was elected and as we all know, has not even been sworn in. But that just makes Monday right. You're just so exciting to even think about because we've seen how careful, and how thoughtful and how intelligent Trump and his team have been since the moment they won, and how well they've been planning for this, and they're already hitting the ground running. And then once he gets the power to actually put ink on paper come Monday at noon.
Speaker 2: You can bet they have a plan.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I could not be more excited to do you want to get your take on some of the first things you want to see from President trumpet in the meantime, so much to talk about and really enjoy when we talk about these confirmation hearings, right, and just really enjoy that because to me, this is another example of the extremely high level of competence that this administration is already functioning at.
Speaker 2: And I think part of that is a product of.
Speaker 1: The president having had those four years to think about what he would do in a next term, but just the way that his nominees have been able to handle themselves go on the offensive, impress you know, just just take these democrats on head on. It just says to me a couple of things. One is good choices, but also preparation, right, just preparation for these hearings. You know it from your own life. I know it from preparing for trials.
Speaker 2: You can tell when people have been thoroughly prepared.
Speaker 1: They've gone through murder boards, they've gone through you know, mock simulations, and these nominees have been thoroughly prepared. So I just want to enjoy that sound with you. So we'll play the Bondi sound from today, which I think I enjoyed a lot more than Adam Schiff and White House and some of these others.
Speaker 2: But there's also some of this Hegseth confirmation.
Speaker 1: Sound that I want to get to with you because there's you know, it's a target rich environment. There's so much great stuff. We couldn't get to all of it yesterday. So we'll just enjoy that piece together and then we've got to keep working on I mean, one of them to me and Lee Larson, legendary radio guy, said this many many many years ago when I was starting that the highest form of talk radio, often not always is cause radio. You know, where talk radio is serving a function that really no other media can serve or chooses to serve, and that is being a gathering point, a rallying point, an investigative tip of the spear for the community on issues that affect everybody across party lines, and I've had the privilege of being involved in a lot of those and leading on a lot of those over the years, including for example, War Church Hill. But this one, this one, we are also approaching full force. You know, this horrible mass killing on the mall, that this serial killer who the city knew about, that the administration knew about at some point, and somebody must have, right, it's my reasonable inference, somebody must have made a decison vision not to issue a five alarm fire warning to the public. So I'll brief you on what I'm doing right now to try to use Colorado law to get to the bottom of that. I will bet you right now, the biggest steak in town I guess still National Western, right, So we may need all the prime cattle they have for all the stakes we're going to need for this one. But that Denver forces me into court on this one, and that rarely happens, but it's happened a few times now where I submit public records request and they stonewall and I have to actually go to court. And whether it's Denver or some other governmental entity, I bet they force me into court on this one. And when I say me, it's us right because I'm not doing this for my own edification. I'm doing it because you have a right to know. Everybody has a right to know. Because my belief, and I think we're going to be able to prove it if we get these documents, I believe my belief is that somebody made a conscious, knowing decision to put you and everybody else in Colorado danger because they knew the only way to protect people from that serial killer on the mall was to warn them to stay away. Because the best police force in the world, they can't stop a serial killer who's determined to kill because all he has to do is pull that big butcher knife out from under his coat and start stabbing people. And today we get the name of the second person who was killed. According to Denver, his name is Nicholas and I Cholas Burkette b U rk Ett. Heartbreaking, just thirty four, and we're trying to reach his dad. There's a gentleman posting on Twitter who identifies himself as the father of Nicholas Burkett, and we're trying to find a way to reach him and see if he'll come on air with us.
Speaker 2: Talk about his son.
Speaker 1: But obviously I can't know right now the particulars of Nicholas Burkette, But I have to believe, like most people, if he had been aware, if the city had made him aware, like they should have made every Colorado and everybody within Colorado's borders aware that there was a serial killer loose who was targeting the mall and slashed somebody's throat. That I think everybody would have stayed away from the mall, which is why I believe they didn't.
Speaker 2: Make them aware.
Speaker 1: So we're going to use Colorado law try to get that documents that should the documents that show the truth, because people need to know if if maryor Johnston knew any you know, it would be worse if you didn't. Right, If Mary Johnston knew on Saturday night that that serial killer or anytime Sunday was targeting the mall and was out on the loose, and a decision was made not to warn the public, then that that person needs to leave office, right, I mean that that would be an automatic disqualifier for this or any other office. But we need to know, we need to know when, who knew what when, and who made that decision eight five five for zero five two five five takes da N five seven seven three nine. Yeah, you know deal that has been struck that obviously would not have been struck without alluming Trump presidency will break that down as well.
Speaker 2: When we get a chance.
Speaker 1: But I do want to get into some of this from today, some of this confirmation sound just so we can enjoy it together, because it's more and more evidence that this is going to be more than just a pendulum swing back and forth with you know, Conservatives now triumphing over the left in this election, and then it swings back to the left next time. All indications to me are this, assuming Trump and the Republicans governed well, and I believe they will, this is going to be lasting. So let's enjoy. Pam Bondi, as you know, nominee for Attorney General.
Speaker 2: Today, you have.
Speaker 3: Said that Department of Justice prosecutors will be prosecuted in the Trump White House. What Department of Justice prosecutors will be prosecuted?
Speaker 2: Imply I said that.
Speaker 4: On TV, I said prosecutors will be prosecuted. To finish the quote, if bad investigators will be investigated. You know, we all take an oath Senator to uphold the law. None of us are above the law.
Speaker 2: Let me give you a really.
Speaker 4: Good example of a bad lawyer within the Justice Department, a guy named Cline Smith who altered a FAISA warrant, one of the most important things we can do in this country. So will everyone be held to an equal, equal, fair system of justice if I am the next Attorney General?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and no one is above the law.
Speaker 1: What a great answer than Bondy going at it with Senator Alex Padilla from California.
Speaker 4: I'm Senator, you were speaking, may I may I speak?
Speaker 2: You come off?
Speaker 5: I king answers yes.
Speaker 4: Previous one, Senator when we met yesterday.
Speaker 2: For me, let me answer my question.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to be bully paused.
Speaker 6: I'm men of the United States of America, which was deeply disappointing.
Speaker 2: I guess today.
Speaker 6: After I gave an opportunity to study overnight. So can you tell me in this committee what the citizenship cause of the fourteenth Amendment says?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I love the pushback there, right, and and his tone. Listen, Hey, I'm a trial lawyer, right, I mean you, it's absolutely fine to try to pin somebody down, but the tone there is so condescending. It's so offensive, it's so insulting. I'm really glad that she pushed back there. And we will get to more of that. So it's going to be a lot to enjoy. And again some of the heg Sas stuff we didn't have time to get to yesterday, particularly is takedown of Elizabeth Warren. Just an instant classic. So A five five for zero five A two five five the number texts d A N five seven seven three.
Speaker 7: Nine And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Polls Ever, Ryan, come Monday, It'll be all right. I was telling Amy to day.
Speaker 1: Monday, you know, and this is in the top ten individual days of my life that I've been excited about, you know, the day we expected that Joe would be born or Caroline to be born, our wedding.
Speaker 2: Day, this is in the top ten.
Speaker 1: Inauguration day on Monday, and National Championship Game Monday as well. Right, but it is just in the top ten. And when you say, and that was a good pull, who is that again, Jimmy Buffett Buffett? Yes, thanks you I should know that, right. Let me tell you my Jimmy Buffett story someday, not right now, but anyways.
Speaker 2: So but it's all right already.
Speaker 1: Right, it's just going to get more all right come Monday when he can start signing things. But we just look at all that Trump is accomplished already.
Speaker 8: I'm right there with you, Dan, And there's a reason why I was determined to go to this one that I don't know there would be any other inauguration after an election in my lifetime. And I'm fifty that will be as significant, that will.
Speaker 5: Mean as much. And this is just such a wonderful.
Speaker 8: American comeback story, unlike any we've seen in American politics, even better than Richard Nixon, who lost in nineteen sixty came back one sixty eight, and.
Speaker 5: I just felt I needed to be a part of it.
Speaker 2: So I'll be going, Oh, that's that is awesome. Now, what's your weather going to be like?
Speaker 5: I'm hearing cold, very cold Michigan.
Speaker 2: That year, and you'll be out there near SPEEDO. Sure, we'll see that.
Speaker 8: I know a couple names, John Fabricatory and Heidi Ganaal they're going to be there as well. I just spoke with Jeff Crank, Representative Yea, and I was waiting.
Speaker 2: For you to ask me. I heard that interview. Good job. I was waiting for you to ask him for a ticket.
Speaker 8: I'm in communication with his communications director and also the Bobert.
Speaker 5: And John and I are We're trying to get situated on that.
Speaker 2: From listen my friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these people, you know, should be giving you a ticket, a BackRub, having four or five staffers carry you around.
Speaker 5: I'll take a martini.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And when I say these people, I respect all of that. Oh yeah, but you know when when somebody is treated fair in the media, that's kind of a rare critter for people. You've been very fair to people.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so I would I would think somebody will catch you a good day.
Speaker 1: I will be very disappointed if I look up on this stage and do not see you next to Baron.
Speaker 5: I don't think Baron needs me as an influence.
Speaker 2: And then you'll be doing updates right.
Speaker 8: Yes, I'll be calling into this show and then also over on the show's over on KOA and my own show.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be very meta.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Jimmy Sangenberg will be filling in for me on the desk where you are at, and then I'll be calling in.
Speaker 1: Yeah that Oh man, I can just I cannot wait eight five five five two five five text d An five seven seven three nine Dan, I'm so worried about Trump's safety. I'm afraid there could be multiple more attempts on his life. Well, you have every right to be right, I mean, we've already seen it twice and this evil around the world, I mean, right now, Donald Trump is by far multitudes the living person on the face of the earth who poses the greatest threat to the evil actors.
Speaker 2: All over the globe.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, yeah, you have a right to listen. I mean, I don't know if you're a person who prays, I am. I think at this point it's just a matter of prayer. And as you know, I believe, and I'm not alone. I know Trump believes it that it was divine intervention that saved him in Butler, and so I believe in divine intervention. The Founders believed in divine intervention, and I think we need we need more divine intervention to keep President Trump safe eight five five for zero five A two five five text d An five seven nine Speaking of which related issue, because Iran's been trying to take him out for a long time, and even after the Biden administration knew that it did not provide Trump with anywhere near the security that it could have.
Speaker 2: What does that tell you?
Speaker 1: But Mark Helprin, who has done some really good reporting, He's got this, I don't know you caught a podcast.
Speaker 2: It's also video YouTube.
Speaker 1: He's got a YouTube show every day called two Way, and they do a pretty good job. Here's some reporting he's doing that Biden may have planned a military strike against Iran very recently.
Speaker 9: So it was reported I believe by the Wall Street Journal that President Biden was considering a military strike against Iran, either against their nuclear assets or energy or some other significant target. For years, it has been believed that a threat a strike by Israel or the United States against Iran was dangerous on two scores. One that if you hit a nuclear facility, you risk nuclear material floating all over the region to which way the wind was blowing, and have disastrous consequences both medical, scientific, but also diplomatically.
Speaker 5: And then also that.
Speaker 9: Iran could strike back, and that Iran had the capacity to create an escalated conflict.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know from the reporting I've seen, And this depends on lip readers, right, so about it? Pigasteric on it that's part of what President Trump and Obama we're talking about at the funeral. At the Carder funeral was words to the effect of as part of the conversation. Another part of it was obviously light was got to talk to you, got to talk to you soon and something really urgent and important. So maybe it pertained to this, but still great for America to see that. And now that Michelle Obama's announced that she is not going to go to the inauguration, as you raised yesterday, Ryan, hopefully we'll see more of the happy chummy scenes with Obama and Trump, who it appears it actually like each other.
Speaker 5: And anticipate too. With Michelle out of the picture, bros will be bros.
Speaker 8: And I think Brock and Donald will be hanging out and having some fun.
Speaker 5: I think they had fun and that.
Speaker 8: Exchange, and like you said, Dan, that's such a great point. It was a great visual for the world, not just America, but for the world that those two former presidents soon to be next President Trump, we're getting along and appearing to have a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let's see some more of it at the inauguration. Texter, Dan, thank you for fighting for our safety in Denver. I can foresee an alert named after the flight attendant or man murdered. If multiple attacks are violent incidents that are suspected to or have happened, get sent an alert via text message to.
Speaker 2: Citizens in the States. Sadly, it might happen more than we think.
Speaker 1: And what I'm referring to is I've now served the court on the city, and we'll go to court if we have to.
Speaker 2: We're entitled to know.
Speaker 1: You're entitled to know when the mayor knew that you had a serial killer targeting the mall, and who made the decision not to warn the public, because that was the only way. Any safety expert knows the only way to protect the public in that situation is to warn them. Because you can have police officers every three feet on the mall, and the best officers in the world, and we have many of them here, will not be able to protect people against a serial killer who is determined to kill. So we're going to get to the bottom of this because you have a right to know, and whoever made that decision should not be in any official capacity anywhere. Eight UR zero five two five five text DN five seven seven three nine. Do we have Tom Ryan to squeeze in one of these great bites. I mean, we've got to here. It is Liz Warren getting obliterated by Pete Hegseth.
Speaker 10: And other words, you're quite sure that every general who serves should not go directly into the defense industry for ten years. Are you not willing to make that same pledge?
Speaker 2: I'm not a general. Senator just delivered perfectly right.
Speaker 1: And there's so much advantage to having these people in high positions who have these great communication skills. I mean, it doesn't guarantee success, but think of all the great leaders over time, in every different capacity of your own life, business, etc. What percentage of them have great communication skills like ke E Seth as from all of his media stuff, a very large percentage. Hey, speaking of which, when we come back, somebody I'd praised off and on air talked about as a generational talent, he'll join us in studio, we'll talk.
Speaker 2: About what he's doing next. What could that be? I know, I like it a lot.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 11: Criteria state if we stay on the road we're on right now, in less than ten years, virtually everything that matters to us in life will depend on whether China will allow us to have it or not.
Speaker 2: Everything from the blood.
Speaker 11: Rush for medicine we take, to what movies we get to watch, and everything in between, we will depend on China. Ford they have come to dominate the critical mental industry.
Speaker 2: Supplies throughout the world.
Speaker 5: Everywhere in the world.
Speaker 11: They've now established critical mineral rights. Even those who want to see more electric cars, no matter where you make them, those batteries are almost entirely dependent on the ability of the Chinese and the willingness of the Chinese Communist Party to produce it and export it to you. So if we don't change course, we are going to live in a world where much of what matters to us on a daily basis, from our security to our health, will be dependent on whether the Chinese allow us to have it or not. That's an unacceptable welcome.
Speaker 1: Thank God, Mark or Rubio soon to be Secretary of State. Hey John Kellner in studio, and so I've said about John before, generational talent, one of the elite trial lawyers in Colorado for quite a while now, but talented in so many different ways. Former Marine Corps veteran and still active duty Reserve right.
Speaker 12: John, Yeah, still working in the reserves.
Speaker 1: And John, as you probably know, has just finished his tenure. He was the elected DA in Arapo and Douglas and Lincoln and Albert, and so two reasons I wanted to have John in today. Let's start with the first, which is the victory lap of my friends.
Speaker 2: So lay it on ut. I mean it went great.
Speaker 1: It give people the numbers because I think people need to appreciate what success looks like so we can duplicate that other places.
Speaker 13: Well, first of all, thanks around me on the show. Dan, It's always a pleasure to join you. And you know, I was really blessed to have a great four years in office as district attorney for what was up until tuesday, the state's most populous judicial district, so we had about one point one plus million people. I think many of your listeners heard George Brockler on yesterday talking about the split of the jurisdiction. So I was the last district attorney for the OG the original eighteen judicial district, and.
Speaker 12: We saw a lot of success.
Speaker 13: And I think it's something that should resonate with everybody who's listening when you think about what does it look like when you have a prosecutor who takes crime seriously and then compare it across the state or across the country to other places. Because what I can tell you is this, I came into office in twenty twenty one. You know, crime was pretty rampant. We were dealing with a lot of the after effects of a lot of the COVID shutdowns and jail restrictions that we were having because of COVID. We had a legislature I think that hadn't seen a bill that they didn't love that would lower the consequences for offenders. You know, car theft was going crazy. We had drug cartels starting to push deadly fentanyl across the border and into our communities, killing people. So there was a lot on our plate, right And I'm proud to say that after four years, crime is down in virtually every single category in the eighteen judicial district. When I passed the baton off to my two successors, you know, we've got murdered down thirty percent, robbery down thirty percent, property crime down twenty nine percent, motor vehicle theft down thirty six percent, and all of those reductions pace the rest of the state's reductions in those categories. So we've had a lot of success. Really proud of what we accomplished.
Speaker 1: You know, you can't fake results. I mean those are real, concrete results, and I think they also evidence just great cooperation between you, your office and law enforcement.
Speaker 2: Just teamwork from top to bottom.
Speaker 12: Absolutely.
Speaker 13: I mean, look, nothing happens as a prosecutor that's good without the cooperation and work with our local law enforcement. We had over twenty agencies in the district that we work with day in and day out. Really proud to have their support, and frankly, just honored to be able to work with those officers who put their lives on the line every day to keep our community to stay if they did a great job at turning the corner in our state. And look, we could use some more help from the legislature. We made some progress when it came to Fennel increasing the penalties for dealers, obviously, we made great strides and changing the motor vehicle theft law.
Speaker 12: Real proud of what happened with one of.
Speaker 13: Our ballot initiatives this lastction cycle called Truth and Sentencing. You know, all these things are going to have a demishable impact on keeping people safe across Colorado.
Speaker 1: So a guy like you, Okay, you've got all that success, you've got, all this talent, all that good stuff, you've got infinite now high level job prospects. As you come out of that office, it must be almost impossible to choose.
Speaker 2: So what are you doing next?
Speaker 12: I love that question, Dan.
Speaker 13: So look my entire career, whether it started, you know, in the Marine Corps, trying to help people, to be in a public servant, a state prosecutor, and Boulder originally and then in the eighteenth and ultimately being elected, my whole goal has been to help people who can't help themselves, to make our community safer, not only for my family, but for yours, for our neighbors, friends and family. And so I'm looking for something where I could continue to help people. And that's why I'm really honored to say that I'm joining you at the dan Kaplis Law Firm.
Speaker 2: You're kidding me, no big surprise that decision.
Speaker 1: I feel like when I have us Hunter put on that CEU hat right when he was choosing between all those wow breaking news. I'll tell you We've been courting John for years now. John's going to be our managing partner. So John's going to be the top guy in the firm. I'm still going to put in my eighty hours a week and try more cases than any human on the face of the earth.
Speaker 2: But I got to tell you, it's such.
Speaker 1: An honor and a thrill, and I'll sleep so well at night knowing that John Kellner is now our managing partner.
Speaker 13: I couldn't be more thrilled to join the firm. I mean, the reputation obviously precedes itself. Everybody knows about dan Caplis law, and we just want to take it to the next level. We're going to try a bunch of cases. We're going to get great outcomes for our clients, you know.
Speaker 2: And I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to try cases with you because I think what everybody knows is, listen, you know, to maximize settlements, right, to maximize settlements, you have to prove that you're willing to go to trial. You're ready to go to trial, and you will win a trial. And so our whole model is we are a trial firm. We go to trial and you cannot fake results. We've got the results. And to be able to now go to trial with you, I mean I just can't wait. Now, I know we have a bunch coming up pretty darn soon.
Speaker 12: So yeah, you filled up my schedule pretty quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a bunch that that is going to be so cool. So man, well, thank you, thanks for doing the great job. Because we live in our Eppo county, so thanks for doing that great job. But thanks above all for joining our firm. And can't wait.
Speaker 12: It's an honor a lifetime to serve as DA.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but I'm just so excited about what we're going to accomplish together.
Speaker 1: Well, and i know this is obviously self serving, but I'm just telling you right now, I don't know, and.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's very big.
Speaker 1: The fulfillment that district attorneys get and your team members get and everybody else when when you convict that person who's committed these horrible acts and you help the victim that way. I'm sure that's that is a really high level of fulfillment. But I'm just telling you, in the kind of law that you're doing now, this catastrophic injury work, there is a deep resonant fulfillment that comes when you've just done a great job for somebody going through the worst thing in their life. Because it now helps them. You can never you can never bring back their loved one, obviously, you can never heal them of all the physical damage. But you can give them in other ways things that help them, that help rebuild life, help change life. And I'm just telling you right now, it is a level of satisfaction. I'd be very surprised if it's available in many areas of law. It's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 13: Well, Dan, I've seen it. Look in many of my cases, whether it's reckless drivers, people killed somebody on the road, I've seen that happen where Look, I'm prosecuting somebody, I'm gonna hold them accountable in.
Speaker 12: The criminal court.
Speaker 13: And on the other side of the courthouse there was a civil case going on with many of these victims and injured love one and other people. And just how comforting it was for those folks, how healing it was for them to have good quality representation on the civil side. It made the world's difference in their healing process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I'm making this prediction right now, and my betting average on predictions, I think is unsurpassed on air over the decades. And that is when it's all said and done and you're how old now?
Speaker 2: I do I have to answer that question. No, but you're a young man.
Speaker 1: I would bet thirty years from now you will go down as one of the top five civil trial lawyers in Colorado history.
Speaker 2: I have no doubt that's going to be the case.
Speaker 1: That's definitely my goal, and my goal is to be around to see that. I'll take it and with your hope, I will.
Speaker 2: Be all right.
Speaker 1: Thanks, John, appreciate it, John Kellner, our special guest, and for a long time to come. Eight five five zero five eight two five five the number text d an five seven seven three nine. When we come back, we'll enjoy together. These Trump nominees are doing such a great job in their confirmation hearings and more fun mixed it up and going right back at the Dems. You're on the Dan Caplas Show.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Taplass Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Appropriate you're a prosecutor to start with a name and look for a crime. It's a prosecutor's job to start with a crime and look for a name.
Speaker 2: Correst to your lifestaf Senator.
Speaker 4: I think that is the whole problem with the weaponization that we have seen the last four years and what's been happening to Donald Trump. They targeted Donald Trump. They went after him actually starting back in twenty sixteen. They targeted his campaign. They have launched countless investigations against him. That will not be the case if I am Attorney general, I will not politicize that office. I will not target people simply because of their political affiliation. Justice will be administered even handedly throughout this country. Senator, We've got to bring this country back together. We've got to move forward, or.
Speaker 2: We're going to lose you beautifully.
Speaker 1: I can't believe he walked right into that, but I'm sure glad he did. Beautifully done. But what's interesting is so many of those questions, and we'll get to shift as well.
Speaker 2: They're absolutely terrified.
Speaker 1: Now that there that they're going to be prosecutions against people on the left right because and this goes to a bigger point, it applies to sum in Colorado as well. You and obviously exhibit A as I talked about as lawless, Mike Johnston, the Mary of Denver, because the.
Speaker 2: Left has had this.
Speaker 1: Belief that they are immune, that that that they do not have to follow our laws, and that they will not be prosecuted and they've been operating with that assumption obviously, while they do the direct opposite, while they go out and blatantly pursue politically motivated prosecutions. So they have been operating with this assumption that they have reached that point where they can so abuse the justice system that way. And now they're absolutely terrified because Trump won. They knew what they were doing to Trump. They were trying to jail him for life because they knew they couldn't beat him at the polls. And now here's the flip side. You know that the Trump administration has made it clear that they will look at prosecuting people on the left. But here's the big difference, if they've actually committed crimes.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So, now the left, which has just abused the justice system to bring politically motivated charges whether somebody's committed a crime or not, is facing the real prospect of prosecution against people who've actually committed crimes. And they are obviously losing sleepover at eight five five four zero five eight two five to five the number. The last thing in the world I want to see is any kind of weaponization of DJ by the Trump administration. I don't believe there will be any But that doesn't mean they have to just like criminals get away. If people have actually committed crimes, then they need to be prosecuted or else. You you have this cycle where all of a sudden, if you reach a certain level of political office or importance, you're immune to our laws. We can't have that. Be very interesting to see how this plays out. Eight five four five two five five text DA five seven seven three nine. Somebody who did wrote this to us. Let me start with this one, Dan, I've been assured by my astrologer that the first order of business for the Trump administration is the deportation of Dreary Mike.
Speaker 2: So do you expect that, guys? I don't know that.
Speaker 14: Deep Drury Mike can be deported American citizen. I'm pretty sure I don't think he can be deported. Well, if we can't do that, no, I want to be on the record. I am not calling for the deportation of Eerie Mike.
Speaker 1: Not calling for that. But hey, Monday, guys, right Monday at noons. So where is the Trump administration starting? Do you think they're going to start in Aurora, I mean Project Aurora, or do you think they're going to start multiple places at once, shock in awe raids, and again they're focusing on people here illegally've committed other crimes.
Speaker 2: You think it's just going to be coast to coast.
Speaker 8: You just use the term that we've heard, and it's for more than one source, and that Senator Barasso just to our north, that shock and awe.
Speaker 2: But I gotta believe.
Speaker 5: I mean Trump called it during the debate Operation.
Speaker 1: Aurora, right, You would think symbolically, yes, there's got to be something there, right, because Trump's whole mantra from the time he came down the escalator was promises made, promises kept. So there and one of the reasons he's been so effective so far are and will be is because he also understands symbolism. He also understands theater, and I use this in the real positive sense theater, where you're doing certain things that are more likely to catch the public's attention. They're the right thing to do, they're justified, but you also know they're more likely to get the public's attention, so people know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's delivering.
Speaker 1: So you've got to believe there's going to be something special in Aurora.
Speaker 2: But I would expect the coast to coast.
Speaker 1: Hey, the Shock and All thing, can we put that on the list for the new show name because we keep taking these suggestions from listeners for a new show name.
Speaker 5: So am I shock and you're awe.
Speaker 2: A man can't sit on his own jury muf friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, unless you're a Democrat, right, I mean they probably feel.
Speaker 2: Like they can.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of lawless Mike Johnston, he went ahead and not a surprise, vetoed this craziness.
Speaker 8: Denver's mayor has just vetoed the expanded needle exchange rules that city council passed just last night.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Mayor Mike Johnson says it is the wrong solution at the wrong time. The council voted eight to five to expand the needle exchange programs beyond the three that are allowed right now.
Speaker 1: And to move them closer to schools. But why didn't Johnston come out and say we got to get rid of all of these Because anybody knows, no matter how well intentioned some people may be, a needle exchange program is just promoting hard drug use and attracting more hard drug users to Denver, which gets to one of the things I want to kick around with you in the next hour.
Speaker 2: We have so much to do, but one of them is why does.
Speaker 1: The left, including the Johnston administration, why do they want to attract more homeless to Denver? Why do they want to attract more drug users? What is their end game there? So please do ponder that. Eight five five four zero five eight two five to five text d an five seven nine Again, we've launched our corp request. I will go to court. I've done it before. I will go to court to fight to get the documents were entitled to, which will show when Mayor Johnston was informed that there was a serial killer targeting.
Speaker 2: The mall and who.
Speaker 1: Made the decision not to warn the public, Because when you make that decision not to warn the public, you are making a decision to put every member of the public in danger. You are making a conscious, deliberate decision to let them wander into that killing field.
Speaker 2: Because that's what the mall had become.
Speaker 1: There was a serial killer targeting a very specific, limited area.
Speaker 2: It became a killing field.
Speaker 1: So somebody made the decision to let people wander into that unknowingly