Speaker 1: Yea ripped off needed.
Speaker 2: That's so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 4: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, hey Tom Martino. You're Troubleshooter. Welcome to the show. What's going on in your life? This is Car Day today, which means we have our car expert or experts, and we have Kevin Caulkin, Uncle Kevin from Sheridan Auto Tech. And then I see pretty Sus sitting there along with pretty Mark, and uh, welcome to the show. How about pretty Doc? Now, oh, I don't see I don't see you, Doc. I think they purposely kept you off camera. It's a little off balance there. Whoever framed that shot? For those streaming YouTube, go to YouTube, just move it over a little, thanks. Su Sus is coming up to move that. By the way, let me talk to everyone. Did we make a mistake? So I remember one time watching this guy back before it was popular, and he was an artist painting on a canvas and he was doing it to rock music. I forget this guy's name. I think it was Anyway, So I'll think but anyway, so he's doing rock music and making scribbles on this canvas, and you think he's a nut, and you think, get rid of this cat, get rid of this cat. He's crazy. This is not art. So then what happens is, Yeah, his name was Denny Dent. I think he died, Yeah, he died. Anyway, Danny Dent was making all these scribbles and it looked crazy. It looked like he didn't know what he was doing. He looked like he was insane, and he looks at the audience like, hey, how am I doing? You know, and people would clap and we thought, what is this? Maybe it's just modern art. Then toward the end, he turns it upside down and it's a portrait of someone mark. Have you ever seen this guy? Has anyone ever seen this guy? Deputy Doc and I have not? Okay, now what am I liking in this too? Well, Trump's got some paintbrushes in his hand and he's painting. But I don't know if I should be afraid because all hell's breaking loose and it's going to be the ugliest thing in the world, or he's suddenly going to adjust things for us to see. It is a ladder, it's terrifying. It's terrifying.
Speaker 5: Watch the Dow drop over three thousand points in two days.
Speaker 6: Now, it is terrifying. But I have my I have go ahead.
Speaker 7: You want to hear some of the tariffs and other countries place on US goods.
Speaker 8: Let me give you a rundown.
Speaker 7: Vietnam is forty six percent, India's twenty six percent, Switzerland thirty one percent, Indonesia thirty seven percent, Japan twenty.
Speaker 2: No, wait, doc, doc, are you saying are you saying that before this trade war those were in effect?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we all know it's not fair. But man, was this quick? Here's here's what. I thought we'd be a little up today, honestly from yesterday. But when China hit us back with that thirty four percent, what's going to be interesting is what our move is next with China.
Speaker 6: The rest of it I don't worry about. I mean, hell, we're there.
Speaker 2: Do you believe just one quick question before I get into what I wanted to say, do you believe that a president should have that power?
Speaker 6: Absolute?
Speaker 2: Laterally? Absolutely? You don't think Congress should be in on these tariffs? No?
Speaker 6: Not on the tariffs? No, not at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now here's what I want to say. So we have all of this happening, and does he know what he's doing? Is he a genius? Or is it? And then another thing, even if his plan does work, it's gonna take three or four years. No, So is.
Speaker 6: He not bring the stock market back?
Speaker 10: No way, three or no.
Speaker 2: No, No, not to mark, Not for the stock market. I was talking about.
Speaker 10: For manufacturing, building plants and everything else.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but look at all the money, Look at all the pledges. At least of money coming in.
Speaker 5: I mean Apple five hundred billion dollars to.
Speaker 10: Four years to get that money.
Speaker 2: That's true, that's true.
Speaker 6: But it's gonna be here, yes, yes, Okay.
Speaker 2: So I have Pat Jolive with me, he's my chief investment officer over at Wave eight Wealth Management. We're talking about the market. And one thing he noted is, and by the way, Warren Buffett always believed, these are the opportunities. This is when you buy. This is when you go out and find quality companies and you buy. It's just explained Pat explained that, I mean, a quality company didn't go bad all of a sudden.
Speaker 6: So are you looking for bargains?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, that there's a major sell off going on. If you've got cash or in position of strength, that would be the time to be investment.
Speaker 2: And when it bounces, you make big.
Speaker 12: Hey, you want to be there for sure.
Speaker 2: Now we were talking about a lot of people don't take Warren Buffett's advice and they sell.
Speaker 6: And then once you sell, you lock in your loss.
Speaker 2: Okay. So there's a lot of people who sold to a point where we have more cash than in history. Mark you you understand it goes from stocks and bonds to cash, cash to socks and bonds, back and forth. When when the expression going to cash means that you sold and you're sitting on cash, right, and that sits in your investment account as cash, right, Yes, and in some investment accounts you make like four percent or something depending on Okay. So some of these people are a lot of them, more than ever, have sold off and are at cash. But here's something you need to know. The more cash sitting on the sidelines, the bigger the comeback. Right.
Speaker 11: Explain that, Well, that's true, and it's not just individuals, as a matter of fact, it's probably more institutional excuse me type money of the pension funds and so on, and so they have known liabilities in the form of defined benefit pension plans, and they have to have the market or the money in the market eventually to keep pace with what their future liability is.
Speaker 2: And so but it has to go back to the market. It has to go back there. I mean, no one, you can't run the country when you have a retirement fund or you have a giant fund or you know, you have to go back. So if you're in cash, they're going to go back, absolutely. And that represents great selling opportunities, right, I.
Speaker 11: Mean, well, it represents great buying opportunities in the market.
Speaker 2: Cash is buying now. But when cash comes into the market, the market is going to rebound in a big way.
Speaker 12: Absolutely.
Speaker 11: And then you know, you look at it from the other side, and the value that you have in the investments that you that you own in your portfolio, that value is going to increase, and then you can you can start looking to your point of taking some profits and making sales and so on. But it's it's this is a sort of an unprecedented thing, and the market does not like unknowns, right, and so.
Speaker 2: So anyway, we're going to go to callers three or three seven one three talk about Mark really, what's going to happen now, because a lot of the big forecasters have said, instead of being at sixty eight at the end of the year, we're going to be at five thousand or fifty two hundred or whatever. Then what you have are people then being hesitant. And it calls what and I call the whole thing perception omics, because perception omics.
Speaker 5: Well, not one thing, value, not one thing has changed. If you stop at Walmart, King Christ today, there's not a damn thing.
Speaker 2: It's exactly the company didn't suddenly go bad.
Speaker 5: That Ford or Chevy cost me the exact same amount of money it did last week.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but the perception is going to keep going and going going, and and great companies who have stock values, the stock's going to go to the Well, what's going to have to tell you to stay?
Speaker 5: It's going to be great for the big companies. And I'll tell you why. Their stock price is going to go down. They're going to start buybacks. Then the price is going to go back up to where it was a few days ago, and.
Speaker 6: You're going to own a lot more of their own company.
Speaker 2: Right, Ryan, what's going on with you?
Speaker 13: Ryan?
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: I'm Tom Martino, Hey, thanks for taking my call just real quick.
Speaker 14: I love the show.
Speaker 9: I listened to you pretty much daily. But uh, I'm thank you. She got she got scammed, and uh.
Speaker 2: How did she? How did she get scammed?
Speaker 9: So the PCH Publishing and Clearing House, She said that she was at some point anyway she got so.
Speaker 14: She thought this was legit.
Speaker 9: She gets a direct phone call from this guy gave her her his name and everything from a four to seven zero number. Anyway, long story short, he got her saying that she's won millions of dollars at twenty twenty five Chevy four by four blah blah blah. But in order to release the prize money, you know how the scam goes, you're gonna have to give us so much money. They first first wanted her to give her two thousand. She didn't have that.
Speaker 6: Now, why did they want the money? What was the money?
Speaker 2: What excuse did they give for the money?
Speaker 9: From what she told me, it was like delivery fee on the truck and to release the prizes basically with a release all right, you hold on.
Speaker 2: I want to hear what happened. I want to hear if there's anything we can do you know so many people right now are being scammed. They say this error has more scamm billions and billions of dollars a year go to scammers. It's amazing to me. I'm Tom Martinez. We're going to talk about that and more coming up, including Waterpros dot net. When you talk water, you have to think water Pros the best systems at the best prices ever under four grand. The whole house is covered for chemicals and harmful plastics and chlorine and drinking water reverse osmosis. You don't get better than this system. Three oh three eight six, two five, five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance Paying to my your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three o three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Ryan says his friend was talked into paying some money for a prize from the publisher's clearinghouse. By the way, this is one of the more common scams, and it's called pay to win, and they tell you you already won, but you have to pay. Now it's either sales tax you have to pay, or processing fees or income tax. They give you some BS story, but you're thinking, what's wrong with a few grand when I'm going to make hundreds of thousands? So Ryan, in this case specifically, how much did they say she one?
Speaker 14: Total?
Speaker 9: They said that she want a pickup truck and about eighteen million, and that she would get.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, ten dollars eighteen million? Okay? Now, now how much did she pay?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 12: So total?
Speaker 9: Was she only got due for seven hundred and fifty dollars?
Speaker 6: Thank god?
Speaker 2: Now when did you get aware of this? And did you tell her not to do it? Or what?
Speaker 9: I was made aware of it after the fact and she was okay?
Speaker 2: And why was her loss only seven hundred? Talked about how she went into the deal and the seven hundred and why it was only seven hundred go ahead.
Speaker 9: Okay, So this guy calls says, I am from publishing clearinghouse. You want all these prizes. In order to get the prizes, you have to pay us. You know, I think they told her at first two grand, and she's like, no, I can't, but this is.
Speaker 2: An old old one.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm shocked.
Speaker 2: Anyhow, I know for this, I know, I know, keep going when I keep going.
Speaker 9: When I heard it, I was like, wow, Sue that you can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but keep going with her story. So so she said I can't pay.
Speaker 9: Two grand, right, and so she ended up paying seven to fifty. Well, and the way that they did that was they texted her a PayPal screen and had her go and put five hundred dollars on the PayPal screen that they texted from a different number. By the way, this came from a different number.
Speaker 15: So she put the five.
Speaker 9: Hundred dollars because that's all PayPal would allow in a day, is five hundred. Then they said, well, in order to get the other two fifty, you need to go buy one of these money packs, which is like a debit card thing. And right on the bag, I said, beware of scammers.
Speaker 2: With bigod bread.
Speaker 9: Anyway, she paid the extra two hundred and fifty on that scratched off the back. It gave the guy the number and boom ran off and then number with the money's gone. Then yesterday, just yesterday. This happened on March twenty seven. Yesterday, when she's telling me this story, he calls and I said, don't answer it, just because I was going to rip into him.
Speaker 2: But I was like, man, hey, does she have a number where we can call this guy?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I have a number. I have a couple numbers. You want me to tell you?
Speaker 2: I want you to give them to him. I want you to give me off the air. I want you to give him.
Speaker 6: Or they're all I mean, there are people sitting in Jamaica.
Speaker 2: Right, And so what did did she ever talk to this guy again?
Speaker 9: I think she's been ignoring him, but he's been calling her back. And he called her back yesterday when she was telling me this whole story, and I said, don't answer.
Speaker 2: What does he want now? So he does he know that she's hip to the SCAN?
Speaker 9: I think he does now, because actually he did call back and I answered it for her, and I said, hey, this is the FBI Fraud Department.
Speaker 2: How may I help you, and what did he do?
Speaker 14: Now? I scared him off?
Speaker 2: But oh yeah, now he probably You know what though, I want to get that number off the air.
Speaker 6: Where do you think he's calling from? Did he have an accent?
Speaker 14: He didn't really have enough.
Speaker 9: He didn't have an accent. But the two numbers that I got, the number that he called from is a four to seven zero number area code, and then the.
Speaker 2: Those numbers mean nothing. They mean nothing, right, and then the other numbers. But I have two numbers. So what were you calling about? Were you? Were you?
Speaker 6: Does she realize she just lost that money for good?
Speaker 12: Well, that's what I told her.
Speaker 9: But I told her I would call you guys, just to see if there's anything that she can do.
Speaker 2: I said, you know, not in this case. That that debit card is prepaid, it's gone. And and the other one the PayPal, Hey she paid. Now she might want to try PayPal. I mean, I don't know. I see, I have very little knowledge of PayPal. Mark do you know about PayPal? Do you think they'll give her money back? Hell? No?
Speaker 9: Now, I mean I had the barcode. She took a screenshot of the barcode that she sent it to and.
Speaker 2: Wait But let me just say something, Tom.
Speaker 7: They won't give it back because she wasn't he the caller did not take the money from her.
Speaker 2: She voluntarily gave.
Speaker 14: Him the money, gave him the money.
Speaker 5: Well, how do you know they won't How do you know they because we've never seen it happen in fifteen Yeah, you know I've had that would be So what you're saying is PayPal. And I know you're not saying this time, but if they gave the money back, PayPal got screwed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, you're right. I thought PayPal had some protection. Anybody really familiar with PayPal let us know. Wasn't PayPal started by Elon Musk. Yes, yes, my wife had telling us one of this.
Speaker 9: If she would have had paid from her own PayPal account, then she would have had a chance to recoup some of that money. But because they sent her a barcode to their PayPal debit card and she paid voluntarily with a debit card, then there's no way that PayPal will do anything about it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you called those because it's going to help other people. Three oh three seven one three eight, five to five. Jay, you have an investment question.
Speaker 16: Go ahead, Jay, So the first of all PayPal.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're great if you do everything right.
Speaker 16: That's my question. I'll boil it down to the question first and explain it. Is there any reason to bother with this? Here's a situation that me and almost every workaday friend I have is yet at some point we all have five or ten grand, we're never going to touch because we you know, it's a small, tiny, right, but we're never gonna mess with It's always.
Speaker 14: Gonna be there.
Speaker 16: Is there anything to bother doing with that?
Speaker 14: Or is it there?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, there is, there is. And again I'll tell you exactly what it is. Coming right back. I'm Tom Martino. Stick around for more on the Troubleshooter Show. What do you do with ten or twenty grand? We'll let you know. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three. Talk Denver Regen dot com for pain relief as as well as weight loss and at a reduced price. You know, the stem cell therapy is unbelievable Denver Regen dot com. I can attest to it now, Jass, what does a workaday guy do with twenty or thirty or at fifteen or twenty or ten or fifteen. Well, I'm going to tell you first and foremost, I don't recommend anything unless you have an emergency fund. In addition to that, if you have an emergency fund, then that's pretty good. Then you keep that emergency fund. And if you have high interest debt, I would recommend paying down the high interest set. So let's say you don't have a lot of high interest debt, because if you do have high interest debt and you put it into a modest cash investment, the cash you have, you're losing money every month. If you pay off the high interest debt, you'll be making money quicker. So okay. So that being said, get rid of high interest debt, pay it down, or have an emergency fund. What do you do with another fifteen or twenty pat, I'm going to ask you, and basically I'm going to chime in first. I believe one of the best investments I do with idle cash is I went to Treasurydirect, dot com or dot gob. I forget just but a Treasury Direct and I open up an account. Now, you don't have to put any money in the account, but what you can do is hcch money over to that. Whenever you have idle cash. So, Jay, if you would put fifteen or twenty grand, or ten or fifteen whatever, even ten, you put it into Treasury Direct and go for an auction of T bills. Now T bills can be one week, two weeks, three weeks, four weeks, so I do four week increments. Every four weeks, I participate in the T bill purchase, and I have never failed to make four percent or more. Every now and then you make less than four but sometimes you make six percent. It depends on that week. When people are feeling weak about the economy, they go over to T bills, and when they feel strong about the economy. The T bills do a little less, but it's very safe, I believe. Now I'm going to turn over to Pat. What do you say, Pat, what would you do with that amount of money if someone came to us?
Speaker 11: Well, I agree, I think that's a that's a great strategy, particularly if you want to have it be backed by the US govern bills.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 11: But we use example for his example, a senior Invesco senior loan portfolio. It's an ETF that owns institutionally leveraged loans. And uh, it's shielding. Oh, it's shielding right at seven percent right now, right now? Yeah, and it's fully liquid. It's not insured.
Speaker 2: Obviously, imagine that. Imagine this no fund seven percent right now when everyone doesn't.
Speaker 11: Know what seven point zero eight percent is the thirty day yield on it and the price is pretty stable the last So.
Speaker 6: What are the smallest increments you can do.
Speaker 12: As small as you like. There's no minimum.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 11: No, You're just buying an ETF and the ETF owns Jay.
Speaker 2: Keep in mind, it's called an ETF, which stands for exchange traded fund. Correct, And what fund is it?
Speaker 11: Specifically BKL and Bravo Keilo Lima November.
Speaker 2: Yeah you get that, Jane doesn't take much yeap bk l N and that's yeah, So it's Bravo Lima.
Speaker 11: Bravo Keilo Lima November Invesco Senior Loan ETF.
Speaker 2: So you make that much money in a market like this, you'd be crazy to let it sit idle or t bills again. But Jay, here's what I want to say. If you ever want, and I'm not trying to hit you, wave A Wealth Management will take any client ten grand, twenty grand, and we have very reduced rates for guys like you, and we will will help you along the way because our theory is we help someone who's a small investor, they become a big investor eventually with our help.
Speaker 16: So if I say, I got myself my daughter, so I have here something stupid, and you can laugh at me if you want, I have a bunch of silver coins laying around. You know what they're worth, Yeah, almost exactly what I paid for him fifteen years ago. They just starts me nuts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but sometimes they go pretty far up in value.
Speaker 16: I would have a nice They go up and down so bad, it's ridiculous, but they're so slow. I'd like to get rid of at least half of that. I have all kinds of things I've bought that are worth quite a bit of money.
Speaker 14: You should and they're literally.
Speaker 16: Playing around in my closets.
Speaker 2: I'd like to make Do you have, by the way, do you have a four oh one k or an irah?
Speaker 16: My wife does. She has a she's set up with our buddy to do. He's always on here, Joe Kiano set up real well. Okay, so I think we're good there. But good stuff, you know. I just have stuff I bought because I got it cheap, and it's worth a lot more. And now if I sell it, I'm gonna a pile of cash.
Speaker 2: Listen, here, here's what I'm saying, Jay, what you ought to do. When you say a polycash, Remember those two things we gave you are are very low risk and very very good returns. Okay, Now, there are many other options, but I want to make this clear. We work with everyone. It doesn't mean there's no such thing as the client's too small. That's what makes us different. And and because you called in, I just wanted to tell you about it.
Speaker 6: So here's the deal. There are times they.
Speaker 2: Are so small we'll tell someone what to do and not even take them on as a client. Just say here, why don't you try this or this and we can do that with you. Or you can just give us a call at three oh three seven seven one helped seven seven one four three five seven and we'd be happy to help you. So another thing we can as outside business, we can hook you up with investments using your retirement money. Not many people know how to do that. So if you have investments you want to do and you want to use retirement money because that's the only lump sum you have, I'm one of the only people that can set you up to do that if you want to use retirement money. Talk Okay, now, let's keep going. Chris, Chris, what is going on with this insurance company? Explain this to us? Chris, good morning?
Speaker 17: Is this Mark or Tom?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 6: It's Tom and Mark. Mark's there too. Go ahead.
Speaker 17: Well, hey, good morning, both guys. I'm a new listener. I was referred by the neighbor Robin, and.
Speaker 14: So my fiance.
Speaker 17: Amelia and I were at home watching TV. This has actually been almost four months now, and we heard yeah, yeah, we heard a banging on the door, and so we don't get many guests. So I went and checked the door and our neighbor, Dexter little boy was in tears, frantic telling telling us to come outside and there was a huge accident and who was really upset, and so we followed them downstairs and there was a huge commotion. We live in Greeley on eighth Avenue, so it's a commercial building. We're on the second floor. So at any rate, uh when uh our cars, both of our cars were parked alongside the building and eighth Avenue, and there were two trucks that had uh they had hit each other and they wiped out and ended up hitting Robin's car and then both of ours, and so it was a it was a bad accident. One of our vehicles was completely totaled. Robbins was completely totaled. Our new vehicle, we had just got a new VW at Lias and in love with that thing, and we got like a special edition, so it was a rare model and so it was just and then the other her car, Amelia's car was sentimental from her grandfather and it wasn't worth a whole bunch of value. It is the bottom line. But it was one of them older bubble Mercuries and it was to really it was an ultimate edition with a v a nice VAH soup up model.
Speaker 2: And yeah, but how much? But hold on a second, hold on, Chris, are you going to complain about what the insurance offered you? Or was it the other guy's insurance or your insurance?
Speaker 17: So it turns out that I mean to avoid the deductible. There was one one of the truck drivers was a fall and and it was that was obvious, so there wasn't any issues. But what happened is they had a really really low plan.
Speaker 16: Chris.
Speaker 2: Here's what I need to know, Chris, I need to know this. This truck ran into your vehicles. Is his insurance covering your vehicles?
Speaker 17: Well, they're supposed to. They spent almost four months and we're still waiting and apparently it's.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, So has have they ever? Have they ever made you an offer or said anything about your vehicles?
Speaker 17: They just know they've been they've been not they haven't responded. It took them, well, they haven't responded to me once fiance. They it took them over two months to respond. We we have we sent like four documents that were well written.
Speaker 18: We used.
Speaker 2: Okay, who are they? Who is this this other driver? Who was this Insuranaran's company? Uh?
Speaker 17: The one in fault is Mendota.
Speaker 2: And Mendoza was what and do you know did he have it up to date? Was his insurance policy up to date?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 17: There was?
Speaker 2: And did you do you have the name and a number of any adjusters you talked to at Mendoza?
Speaker 17: Yeah? Honey, what was the names again of the adjusters?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what what I want to do is get Deputy Doc to call over there. Deputy Doc during the show, even why don't you call over and ask why aren't they at least, you know, moving forward to help these people? Are they did? Did they pay for any rental cars?
Speaker 17: No? That's the thing we're we were messed up financially. We weren't ready for all the upfront seat.
Speaker 2: When did this happen? When did this happen?
Speaker 16: Bro?
Speaker 2: When did it happen?
Speaker 14: It was?
Speaker 17: What was the exact date? This is Jack humph It was January fifteenth?
Speaker 2: January. Okay, hang on, I'm gonna have Deputy Doc talk to you off the air. I'm Tom Martine. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show, So listen to this fix at twenty four to seven. Yes, thirty nine dollars. It's for new customers, meaning you never had it done. It doesn't have to be a brand new customer. But if the people who have not had the thirty nine dollars Extreme Clean three oh three five two six thirty nine thirty nine, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. All right, Danielle, what's going on with you? Danielle? How can we help you?
Speaker 17: Hi?
Speaker 18: I'm just trying to seek some type of help. Last year you guys helped me with the situation, and I was very pleased with it. From this time coming around, I'm having a little bit of an issue and accomplice which my previous job. I worked for a sprinkler company and I was an office manager. There was been issue between one and one of the bosses saying that I have a job in the other boss telling me to file for unemployment. I've been trying to reach out to the boss who told me to file for unemployment.
Speaker 2: Now, hold on a second, Wait a minute. How long have you been working? How long have you been working for the sprink company?
Speaker 18: I was there for about seven months.
Speaker 2: And then one boss said we're letting you go.
Speaker 18: Well, one boss was actually very aggressive and told me to clock out because he thought that I was doing something on the clock that I was not doing that he's seen on his cameras because it was like an in home office.
Speaker 2: Okay, so tell me walk out. So, so were you fired or not?
Speaker 18: That's where I don't know. I I don't.
Speaker 19: I don't know.
Speaker 18: I feel like it was almost to set up because I had just told him there.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, wait a minute, did you can Here's how to tell if you're fired or not. Did you continue working there?
Speaker 18: No, I know I'm no longer there.
Speaker 2: Okay. And when did that happen?
Speaker 18: That was about a month ago March third.
Speaker 6: Okay, Now what are you calling about today?
Speaker 18: I'm just trying to seek help from you guys. Like I said, you guys got me last year, and I don't know where to go with this, and I feel like it.
Speaker 2: Was almost well go to go to I don't understand. I here's what I don't understand, Dear, I'm serious. Now go with what? Go You don't know where to go with? What?
Speaker 14: With what?
Speaker 2: When people are fired? People are fired every day. Are you saying that it was an illegal firing?
Speaker 18: Absolutely? That's how I feel.
Speaker 2: Yes, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up new need advice, so you.
Speaker 19: Don't have.
Speaker 17: Come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help come man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino.
Speaker 2: Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We're here to help you solve your problems and answer questions, take complaints, and what do you say?
Speaker 6: We go right to the phones your phone calls.
Speaker 2: Take precedent at three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six or three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So Danielle we left off with, and I looked up the law, and Danielle, if you're pregnant and an employer fires you, they better damn well have a real reason. I'm going to talk about some of that. There's federal and Colorado state laws. Let's say, when you're terminated and you're pregnant, it constitutes discrimination unless there is a viable reason. Now it might be difficult to prove. And then it says if your employer dismissed you without a valid reason during pregnancy, then you could have some compensation coming. Employers cannot terminate an employment to avoid associated costs as well. Such actions can lead to legal consequences and a cash awards you. Additionally, the Federal Pregnant Workers Fairness Act. Wow, that's a mouthful. Pregnant Workers Fairness Act went into effect twenty twenty three. It said, if you work for a place with fifteen or more employees, they not only have to keep you on unless they have a valid reason that they have to make accommodations for you.
Speaker 6: Now what you have to do? Are you still there?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 18: I'm here.
Speaker 2: What reason did they give you for firing you?
Speaker 18: That's the thing, Missus Martinez. They never gave me a reason one employee, one boss told me to apply for unemployment, and the other one told me nothing. I've been waiting for a letter.
Speaker 9: I'm trying to reach out to them.
Speaker 2: But wait a minute, Danielle. At some point, did you work from home or did you go into the office.
Speaker 18: I went into the office.
Speaker 2: So, but at some point you no longer went into the office. So I need to know that point in time when you stop going into the office. A boss came up to you and said, by the way, you as well apply for unemployment because you're fired or exactly, you're kind of hazy on when you were terminated.
Speaker 18: See that I'm having I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have not gone What do you mean you don't know.
Speaker 18: I haven't gotten a response. I've been asking for a letter of termination or something stating that I'm no longer wording.
Speaker 2: Okay, Danielle, Danielle, here's what I'm asking. You're at work and the guy says, does he just walk up and say, hey, Danielle, apply for unemployment? Tell me the exact way it happened.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 18: So I had went to work March third, and I get in home office. There are multiple cameras in the office. I stepped away from my desk, and the guy who's home that was I stepped away from my desk was seeing that I was away from my desk for four minutes. Four minutes. I went into the kitchen. The phones were not I.
Speaker 19: Just stepped away.
Speaker 18: He then called the person who lived in the apartment downstairs and was screaming on the phone, and I could hear it from upstairs.
Speaker 2: I don't understand what Wait, wait, wait, wait, you said you were in the office. Is that correct?
Speaker 18: It's an in home office.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: So they use a camera to see that people are working.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 6: And they saw that you were not at your office.
Speaker 18: Oh yes, got the deak for four.
Speaker 2: Minutes, okay. And what happened Then he.
Speaker 18: Then started screaming to the family member that lived downstairs, and then called my phone and got on the camera and was screaming at me, calling me I need a clock out, that he's not going to pay for me to step away from my desk, and just was very vulgar, and I was like, WHOA like I I didn't understand, and I try to explain myself and he told me just to clock out. So I clocked out. Obviously, I'm pregnant, I'm crying, I'm upset. I leave.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 18: He texted me later that day and he's like, we can have a meeting, and I'm like, the way that I've seen him treat his employees, I'm like, I'm not having a meeting without the other owner present. The other owner who then stated that he would not be present and that the business was then closing because he doesn't want to deal with this guy's attitude so he told me my.
Speaker 2: Back and what was his file for So then, Danielle, that was your last day. Danielle, that was your last day you clocked in right, Okay? So then after that, did you apply for unemployment?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 2: And what happened?
Speaker 18: I am still in the progress of filing for unemployment, but I feel like they are trying to fight it just because.
Speaker 6: None of it matters. If you put in for it, you're going to get it.
Speaker 19: Well, I hope you, because this is.
Speaker 18: Not I'm not the only employee who has been treated.
Speaker 2: But hold on a second, Danielle, did you were you covered by their insurance?
Speaker 18: They were a beginning starting business. I just started up with them, and I don't believe at that time they had.
Speaker 6: Insurance for us, Danielle.
Speaker 2: Danielle, when you took the job, were you an employee or ten ninety nine?
Speaker 18: I was an.
Speaker 2: Employee, but you knew you didn't have insurance. So you can't get them on that discrimination to get out of the payment because they weren't going to pay for your pregnancy anyway, right.
Speaker 18: No, they told me at the time to file for FMLA once I had the baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that has nothing to do with them. So here's what I'm asking. You took that job without health insurance, right express. Okay, so we can't take that road. Okay, Well it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. You weren't covered, So we can't say they were trying to get out of paying for your pregnancy. How can you say that when they weren't going to pay for it anyway.
Speaker 18: Because at that time everything was changing. They were just applying for insurance for us, everything was to be changing. I was the office manager. I was helping them.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, you're saying that they were getting ready to get some benefits going that they didn't want you on there.
Speaker 4: That's how I feel.
Speaker 18: That's how I feel.
Speaker 2: I can't let me. I want to ask.
Speaker 6: I want to ask integer insurance.
Speaker 2: What's that I play a quick devil's advocate here.
Speaker 21: She requested that she was told to punch out for sure, so that can be interpreted as she is fired. But then she requested a meeting in which to the which she denied because.
Speaker 2: They requested a meeting that she turned down.
Speaker 21: Correct, So that could imply she quit because she didn't want to come to the meeting.
Speaker 2: That's true, my status, very true.
Speaker 5: And you can get in the state of Colorado unemployment for almost anything. People can steal from your company and they'll give you unemployment. So just fill out for it and you're gonna get it.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mark, I know you're taking some of this from personal experience with us.
Speaker 5: And I had someone we add a thousand employees in my life like nobody, nobody, no matter why I fired him, ever, did not receive unemployment.
Speaker 2: I had someone. Listen to this, listen to this. I had someone steal from me, absolutely use the company credit card to find authors purchases for them. Yeah, this is what I was told by the state. Well was there a policy against stealing? And I said what they said, did you have a written policy against stealing? And I said, well, no, I guess I didn't. I had to have a written policy against stealing or I couldn't fire for cause that's from the state, Danielle. The way I look at it is this, none of this much matters unless you know, I mean, I don't. Let's let's let me find Integra Integra Insurance. I want to talk to either John or John Jr. I want to find out if she could have been retroactively covered anyway. Maybe it was a way they wanted to get benefits for the company, and when they found out having someone pregnant would be an extra load, maybe they did fire her because of that. But I want to find out what would have happened if they got insurance after the fact. Remember she was already hired and already pregnant. So let's find that out and more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Genesis tootal Exteriors dot com. They do stucco repair and installation, as well as everything else inside and outside of your home. Genesis Tootalexteriors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, I want to go to an expert on health insurance. John Jones Jr. All right, Sir John Jones Junior. That's JJJ triple J. I'm gonna start calling his rap name, triple J triple J. What's uh? Hey? John? So this woman works for a company and she's pregnant. Now I want you to tell me what would happen. She is suspecting they fired her because she's pregnant and they are trying to get benefits on board and they didn't want to pay for her. So what I want to ask is.
Speaker 3: This is she.
Speaker 2: Is she right about this? If they were trying to get benefits, they would be retroactively covering her pregnancy or how would that work? If you are a company and you have a group of employees they all have pre existing conditions, and you start your coverage, what would happen.
Speaker 15: Then they're just covered from that point forward? I mean, it's not retroactive, right Like if you if you're if you're a business and you're you're putting benefits in place for your employees, health insurance in place, let's say for a May first effective date when your employees sign up and enrolled and they're covered from May first on.
Speaker 2: But would her pregnancy be covered.
Speaker 15: Of course, yeah, absolutely, I mean.
Speaker 9: That's what Okay.
Speaker 15: So, where there's employer plans through your employer or plans through the individual marketplace, the vast majority of these plans are are affordable can't qualified. They they they cover pre existing conditions. And for a long time, I mean employer employer coverage. I mean that that, even before the affordable character was a primary driver for employer coverage was that you get covered pre existing conditions.
Speaker 2: So, yes, okay, So here's what I want to know. I'm not asking if it happened. I'm just asking, is there a scenario you could imagine where a company is going out to get insurance and they have a pregnant person on board and they think that's detrimental because it's going to raise their premium or would that never even come up?
Speaker 15: Well, it depends on the product. And I certainly don't want to speak to the intention of a company as far as this is concerned, and whether or not that company right terminated employee based you know, but no.
Speaker 2: But I'm asking you would there be Here's all I'm asking, is there a financial incentive by getting rid of someone who's pregnant or someone who has a serious disease or something.
Speaker 15: These potentially there are some products out there now fully insured market, no, fully insured market. The rates are what the rates are in that rating area, and so that doesn't matter because it takes the pull of all the groups in that rating area. And so no, but if it's a large company, they have options of things like what's called level funded where they're rating the premiums are based on the underwriting of that specific group and the risk of that specific group. So there are products that exist that that somebody else could impact the group's ability to get more affordable else and okay initially or that level funded option. And so there's not enough for me to know here.
Speaker 22: And again I.
Speaker 15: Don't want to speak to the intention of an employer.
Speaker 2: No, no, I get it. No, No, what you're saying makes total sense. It makes total sense. Danielle, Is this a very large company? Danielle did she go away? Yeah?
Speaker 6: This is this a large company?
Speaker 18: No, it is not. Is a small company.
Speaker 2: How many employees.
Speaker 18: Including myself at the time, I'm going to six ten at the most between six and ten.
Speaker 2: So, John, that would likely not have a coverage that would care about pre existing or a.
Speaker 15: Specifically a couple of carris. I mean, there are a couple of carriers that offer level funded products to groups that small, but most require at least ten employees or more to even participate in the plan to get that level funded options.
Speaker 2: So that just doesn't you know, Thank you very much. By the way, Integra Insurance for your insurance, your health insurance checkups. Please call them three h three four six six fifty five hundred, even if it's not open enrollment, call them about your options going forward. Now here's what I want to say, Danielle. I truly think it's a long shot. Okay, I really do. I don't think. I don't think you can make the case that they fired you for financial incentives. I don't. I mean you can. I just personally don't think you would have to show that they would financially benefit by letting you go and because of the insurance they were about to get. But the fact that you are away from your desk for four minutes, see, other than the pregnancy thing, they can fire you basically for anything, So you'd have to show it is because you're pregnant, and I don't see the incentive. They'll just say, well, why the heck would we fire her because she's pregnant, And then you'd say, well, because you're getting coverage that's going to benefit if I'm not there, and then you'd have to prove that. So I wouldn't even bother at this point. Go for unemployment. You're going to get unemployment, and that we can help you with because you know they fired you, and I don't think they'll fight that unless being fired for cause you don't get unemployment? Is that true? Mark? You said, everyone gets unemployment, But what if you're fired for cause you still we still find that they get on your things most of the time unless you can prove what's going on. I still say she quits to show up for a meeting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but a lot of that's what Dragon's thinking. A lot of those times that's where they end up getting paid.
Speaker 2: All right, Joe, what's going on with employment? What's going on with your check?
Speaker 14: Joe?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 20: Hey?
Speaker 23: I was just calling you guys. I have a couple of different questions, but all look short because go ahead.
Speaker 15: I worked for a Gray Star it's a property.
Speaker 23: Management company or doing maintenance, and yeah, I was I was being discriminated. My boss is calling me racial slurs, doing like, what, what do you want me to say?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean like the end word. Well, no, no, here's what I want to know.
Speaker 2: I don't want you to use vulgarity, Joe. I don't want you to use vulgarity. But what was he saying to you? Like, yeah, was it regarding being black? Being hispanic? Being what?
Speaker 23: Yeah, being hispanic? Man, he's called me way.
Speaker 20: Back, got it?
Speaker 2: Okay? Okay? In the world literally, I mean he literally was calling you names.
Speaker 23: Anybody getting unemployment, bro, it's not true. Glad to go through the appills process. Did you end up with against me?
Speaker 2: Did you get it?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 23: I never got unemployment.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, tell us your story, Joe, tell us, Joe, tell us your story.
Speaker 23: Well, I was just working for for the property management company Gray Star, and I.
Speaker 15: Worked there for a couple of years.
Speaker 23: I was doing good, doing good maintenance, and the guys were just one of my maintenance supervisors. He was just sending me text messages, sending me like hundreds of text messages saying I'm short, little back Hispanic, and I mean it's not fair man like. And I never got unemployment from that company.
Speaker 2: And well, hold on though, you. Okay, So hold on. So you were working at gray Star our property management, right, yes, sir, and you were doing you were doing maintenance, yes, sir, And then you kept getting texts from who was this a supervisor?
Speaker 23: Yeah? I was a maintenance supervisor. And I had told him, I.
Speaker 2: Said, now did you did you keep those hold on man? Did you keep those texts?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 23: I wasn't able to keep on because I had dropped my phone because I was doing a work order at an apartment.
Speaker 2: And so would he do this out of listen? Listen, listen. What I'm asking is this, was he doing this just out of the blue? All of a sudden you would get a text that say, hey, we back, what are you doing today? All tell me how that would work?
Speaker 23: No, I was just because, uh, because I put in because I had like a bunch of paid time off and vacation time. So I put it in like and I didn't approve it. I didn't get have to. I didn't have to get it approved through him, but I got it approved through my property manager. And he was like, oh, we don't need you anyways and all this stuff, you know.
Speaker 2: So okay, I get it. So he was upset. He just didn't like you.
Speaker 23: No, well we're best we're like best friends, man, like we are you saying? Now they drink beers together, and but all of a sudden, he just could it be could.
Speaker 2: It be that he was calling you that in fun? I'm not suggesting it should be, but could it be? Hey? Bro, Hey went back? I mean, could he.
Speaker 6: Have been doing that thinking it's just with something pamful?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I mean I have to listen.
Speaker 23: It was fun at first, like it was fun at first, like we were just joking around, like because we had another couple of guys that were from like Venezuela and now Salvador that worked for us, and he was he makes a kid as well, Oh el Salvadorn and Ben and Lennon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, no, no, no, I'm talking about your your super your supervisor, your what is your supervisor? White?
Speaker 23: Yeah? He is white?
Speaker 2: Got it. Here's the thing, Joe, if it was done in jest in the beginning, at some point, if it became irritating, it doesn't constitute harassment unless you let them know. Let me give you an example. If someone is sexually inappropriate, and I don't mean like having sex but just like maybe putting a hand on his shoulder or talking to a female employee, and and it's taken in jest, and the female employee is comfortable with it and doesn't care, and then all of a sudden she does. She would have to make that known. And the same goes with racial stuff. Racial stuff, I think, you know, no matter what anyone thinks of it, there are people who do it in jest, and they do it for fun, and they do it with each other. But then at some point you say enough is enough. You have to communicate that. So if at one time it was okay, did you finally say wait a minute, enough with the wet back stuff?
Speaker 23: Yeah, I did. I told him a property manager, and I told HR everything I got like I got okay, good, HR.
Speaker 2: Okay good. So you made a record of it somewhere with the employer.
Speaker 23: Yes, sir, and they got it.
Speaker 2: Okay. That's what you.
Speaker 23: Call impired because I even got him fired. He was with Gray Star for like twenty years and he was a property regional property manager. I got him fired because of stuff that. Because my niece she actually ended up well.
Speaker 2: Joe, Joe, listen, if this company was stand up enough to fire this guy. Why are they giving you a hard time about unemployment? Because what you're describing is what's called a hostile.
Speaker 6: Work environment now a hostile work environment?
Speaker 2: And what did the unemployment What did the unemployment office determine that you were not that you were fired for cause and do not deserve unemployment?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 23: And I already hired like I already hired a private attorneys and they were they took it on.
Speaker 2: Joe, something something is wrong with your story. We get to figure out what it is. I hold on, I'm Tom Martine. Well hold on though, we'll we'll figure this out. Compass Insurance Group for free insurance evaluations of all of your property and casualty coverage and your car insurance. Make sure you're not paying too much three h three nine nine six thousand Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Okay, we got to figure out what Joe can do to prove his case because making that accusation is going to be difficult. It's a hostile work environment. Joe, did you say that you already went to US unemployment hearing?
Speaker 23: Yeah? I had to appeal it because they denied it or whatever.
Speaker 2: And you hired an attorney. Is that correct? Forgive me for not remembering, But why were you fired? What was the reason they gave? Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay, they literally had.
Speaker 2: So weak notice. Yeah, but okay they will Joe, if you put in your notice to quit, why do you think you deserve unemployment?
Speaker 23: Yeah? Because I mean she was.
Speaker 6: Fed up with the abuse, is basically what he said.
Speaker 23: Set up with the abuse. Man, Like I was, like, I was coming to work every day.
Speaker 2: And okay, so are you saying the reason.
Speaker 23: He could do my job? And he was saying the monkey could do my.
Speaker 6: Okay, got it. Here's what I'm asking.
Speaker 2: Then, So you're you're you're saying you quit because of the hostile work environment. Yes, sir, Okay, No, I get it. I get that that if that truly happened, I totally am with you. If they were really being hostile and you put in a resignation because of it, I think that you'll win. And I'll tell you why you should have won. I had someone who quit and went to the Bahamas and then said they wanted unemployment, and they said it was a hostile work environment. And we were the best of friends, and this this drunk sitting on the beach and the Bahamas got unemployment from Colorado. So I don't know why they turned you down. What did they say when they turned you down? I'll tell you why.
Speaker 5: Because he didn't have He actually gave them a letter, a piece of paper that was a two week notice.
Speaker 2: But Mark, the reason he quit was because of the hot work environment. That's what I'm getting at.
Speaker 5: I get and I even agree with him. All I'm saying is the reason he lost the case is because they said this is ridiculous. Here's his thing. You know they had this proof.
Speaker 2: No, but Mark, Mark that you don't need proof. He admitted he quit because of the hostile work environment. Do you understand what I'm saying? It wasn't like he was going to quit anyway and now wants unemployment. The reason he quit was for the hostile work environment. They don't need proof of a two week notice. He volunteered that. He said, Hey, listen, I quit Gray Star Property Management because it was hostile and I want unemployment. It happens every day. We can reach out, we.
Speaker 23: Can reach out to Hey, Tom, I didn't really want the unemployment because I'm a scale of maintains guy and I've been doing this for like almost can.
Speaker 2: Well, then if then why are you calling us? If you didn't want the unemployed? Why are you calling us?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 23: Because I'm saying that that was unfair, Like, I mean, I got a job right away.
Speaker 2: But what do you want?
Speaker 23: Man?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, but Joe you're telling Joe, you're telling me it was unfair. I agree with you. If what you're saying is true, I agree with you. But if you're saying that, but you don't want the unemployment, why did you call?
Speaker 23: Yeah? Because my means I mean I should have deserved it.
Speaker 2: I mean, why did you.
Speaker 23: I did unemploy?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 23: What do you mean? Why did I call? I was like, I got an unemployment because of that. I tried to get a job like I tried to do.
Speaker 6: Joe helped me out here, Joe helped me home.
Speaker 2: Man, Joe, Joe, Now listen, man, really seriously, we're on your side. But you just told us you don't care about the unemployment.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 23: I really didn't at first because I know I could get a job right away, So I'm okay.
Speaker 6: But then when did that change? When did that change?
Speaker 23: Why for unemployment? Man? And I was just telling you guys, like, are.
Speaker 2: You just trying to make.
Speaker 23: A moment or something?
Speaker 8: Tom, I have a suggestion for Joe.
Speaker 2: One at a time. Hold on one second, Dragon, what were you saying?
Speaker 21: You just called to make a comment about the previous caller saying that everybody gets unemployment, and you're just saying that that's not true.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what it was. Maybe he was trying to tell us God, okay, that makes much sense now yeah, okay, now, bo, what were you going to say?
Speaker 6: I do want to clarify that.
Speaker 23: Everybody gets unemployment? Man, it's not true that everybody gets unemployment because how long ago?
Speaker 2: How long ago did this happen to you?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 2: How long ago?
Speaker 23: It was like a year ago?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's probably too late for us to do anything. Okay, So that's the point. Thank you. Joe put him on hold. He was just calling to say we're wrong. Well, it was not easy to get on a play.
Speaker 6: And I do want to say this. I want to change that statement a little.
Speaker 5: Anybody that I fired for what I would consider cause, like stealing, or like drinking on the job or anything like that, they I'd always fight it all the way.
Speaker 6: Through everything, and I lost every time.
Speaker 5: People that actually gave me a letter saying I quit, well they didn't even try to get unemployment. So I mean, I don't know how that part works.
Speaker 6: Now here's the point. Oh well, bo, what were you going to say?
Speaker 2: Going to say?
Speaker 24: The only reason Joe called was it just bitch about this Grace Property Management. Now I did check it out. They only have one point three reviews I saw. I think Joe got his job accomplished. So all you wanted to do is complain about this management company.
Speaker 5: They've got a ton of reviews. I looked it up two times there, God for the company.
Speaker 2: Okay, All right, now, Deputy Bow, since you're on Oh do I have to take a break here, dragon God? Yes, yes you do. Okay, let me let me take I'm way late. Hold on, we'll come right back.
Speaker 6: And then Dmitri.
Speaker 2: He's got a great update too. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martina here three O three seven one three talk seven one three two five to five. Danny's got a comment on booted car. We've been talking about cars being illegally booted all over the city by park it right. These guys need to be put out of business kind of like why this was go ahead? Danny?
Speaker 6: What's your comment? I was wondering could you take them to small Kan's court because I feel that they had to give me the parking pat. Oh are you the one that had your car booted.
Speaker 18: No, no, no, I was calling about it.
Speaker 2: I was okay, got it, Okay. So here's what happened. The marine, the ex marine that went and did bo handle that? Were you on that?
Speaker 8: Cameron? Dean and I went over there last Friday.
Speaker 6: He almost got thrown in the can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they called the police office so Cameron, when Cameron had a lease, he could show he had a lease, but they didn't give him a parking pass and they booted his cars and bo he ended up having his girlfriend ended up paying for that, right.
Speaker 24: Yeah, she was just getting stressed out over the whole situation. While I was waiting for Denver police, she went into her apartment.
Speaker 2: I think they should have just cut him off. I do too. Now here's what I want to know, is anyone taking that apartment complex to small claims court? Because they should? And I agree with Danny that's a great idea. That is a great idea.
Speaker 24: And Tom, I did file a formal complaint with the Public Utilities Commissioned. I did get a case number and they are investigating it. They said they would good because there.
Speaker 2: Were no warning signs. There were no bo. I want you to call him and tell them we'd like to help them, of course, not with the legal part of it, but with the logistic part of it for filing a small claims court.
Speaker 6: The other one that was not park it right though, that was the other one right in metro parking. Metro parking.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. It still should go to small claims court, and I would love to follow it along when it does.
Speaker 8: Okay, so you know I'll call it Chemames.
Speaker 2: Now bo now bo. While you're on, tell us about this follow up about the oil leak and what happened.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this was Doug Sanders.
Speaker 24: He called in on Wednesday, February twenty fifth. Grease Monkey had an oil change done and grease Monkey did not remove the O ring on the oil filter.
Speaker 2: He drove the car. Run all right, hold on and we're going to come back because we're running out of time. We're gonna find out what happened and how that was resolved if it was. I'm Tom Martine. Stick around for more of the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yea, rita you needed, That's who you don't have. Come running sious as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help. Come man, this is.
Speaker 2: The Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hello, welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martino and I'm glad. Do you have you here on a Friday car day. We haven't had many car questions, but we will. Kevin Colkins with us from Sheridan Autotech. Deputy Docs in the studio, Deputy Bo's in the studio, Deputy D's in the studio, Susan Mark Major. Let me bring them all up. There you go. Now, let's have some follow ups as well. Three three seven one three talk seven one three two five five Deputy Bow. He was telling us about Doug and oil and grease Monkey and all of that. So let's get to it. What was the original problem.
Speaker 24: The original problem was he went into greet the Longmont grease Monkey location for an oil change, and apparently they did not remove the oil filter gasket, so he basically had the new oil filter gasket in the old fie, yeah, I think, And he drove it for like three or four hundred miles and he heard a knocking of the engine and he went to another mechanic up there in Longmont, and it was six.
Speaker 8: Quarts low on oil.
Speaker 24: He's very fortunate he did not lose the engine. And I believe they had to change the other company, I think it was called Pride Automotive.
Speaker 8: They had to change some sort of head gasket.
Speaker 24: So the bill incurred with six hundred dollars with Pride Automotive, and then grease Monkey had a bill of two hundred and eighty dollars. So we were just fighting with the grease Monkey home of corporate office, you know, to admit that they did wrong with this oil filter casket.
Speaker 2: So they didn't want to do anything.
Speaker 24: Man, they sucked the local branch manager there in.
Speaker 2: That's odd, huh, refused.
Speaker 24: To talk to us and told me not to make any more phone calls. So I was able to call the corporate grease Monkey corporate office out of state, and then they were able to transfer me around to another grease Monkey corporate office. Basically, so just last week they agreed to pay Doug Sanders in full for the grease Monkey bill and the charges he had to incur with the other MCKI King Paris car and amount of eight hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 6: That is a way to hound dog Man. You got on that. You didn't give up the.
Speaker 2: Sense from Jack here.
Speaker 8: I called every in that.
Speaker 5: January that he called. Uh now he called like maybe a January he called.
Speaker 8: The original call came in January.
Speaker 6: Damn long ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was January.
Speaker 24: Yeah, we've been I've been making two or three calls every week and finally got the right you know, we're saying.
Speaker 2: Man, you know bo really really really really seriously, that deserves that, That deserves some kudos. You get my dinger. You got to get my dinger for that. And it was just like good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's very.
Speaker 8: Happy for the show.
Speaker 24: He didn't want to come on here and discussip, but he's very happy.
Speaker 6: I mean, think about that. You're a hound dog man.
Speaker 2: He a pitbull. This guy got on this case way back. I love it.
Speaker 14: Bo.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you Bo. Dmitri Deputy d as we call him, Hey Tom, his rapper name d me Tree.
Speaker 25: What's happening, Hey, I had a great meeting at a super high class joint called mile Hi Honda this morning. You may recall that Christy called us about a month ago and she bought a brand new Honda CRV hybrid and she reported hearing the super high pitched sound that's driving her up the wall, and so.
Speaker 2: A couple of yes and now hold on. But part of it was that not everyone could hear it. You happened to hear some of it, and we started talking about this. Yes, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 19: No.
Speaker 6: That literally is when she called into the show.
Speaker 2: That's what it's like.
Speaker 25: That is actually Christy's voice on a recording that mister Dragon has played back. So a couple of weeks ago, she stopped by the studio here on car Day and Kevin from Sheridan Auto Tech and I went for a ride and I predicted it turned out correctly that only some of us can hear the super high pitched sound and some won't. So during the ride, I unmistakably heard the sound Kevin heard it, just a little snippet of it, but only once. And we had that discussion with you and me a couple of times that.
Speaker 2: That's just how our age.
Speaker 25: However, Tom, in preparation for today's update, I brought a tone generator and I'm able to replicate that sound. If it would be kind of interesting to see how many people here in the studio and you, Tom can hear this sound. So okay, So if everybody can remove their headphones for just a moment, I'm going to play the sound.
Speaker 5: Why don't we Why don't we send it to Dragon and he can play it over the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's end that app. That's why he's playing my phone.
Speaker 25: Try just try it, okay, Yeah, it comes everybody ready, Yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Can't what I have my oh my sound is off? Oh my god, of course I can hear that. That's the most annoying thing.
Speaker 2: You hear people out way off.
Speaker 5: There's people driving off the road right now. I don't hear anything.
Speaker 3: Wait, you didn't hear it.
Speaker 2: Play it again, my god, it's play it again.
Speaker 5: It's nails ready ready?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh my yeah, that's come on, Nails on a chalkboard. Wait, wait, hold on, hold on, you guys. You guys are doing a belated April Fool's joke. Here's what I want you to do, Dmitri, Dmitri. I want you to say, when you start the sound, start okay, start.
Speaker 8: Stop.
Speaker 2: I don't hear anything. Can you hear it through?
Speaker 6: Can you you can hear a dragon?
Speaker 22: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes, I can certainly hear it.
Speaker 5: I mean listeners have to be one.
Speaker 25: Last time, she's pointed out my speakers in the other part of the phone.
Speaker 6: Here comes start a horrible sound.
Speaker 2: Dude, stop, there's no sound. The youtubb's here at Tom. They're like, please stop it.
Speaker 6: That's terrible, It's horrible.
Speaker 2: Come on, YouTubers. So Tom.
Speaker 19: So.
Speaker 25: You know, over the past few weeks, I've called a couple of Honda dealerships, and the one that really stopped the stepped up to the plate and jumped into action was a gentleman by the name of DEEPN.
Speaker 2: Bolton. He's the assistant service manager at myle High Honda.
Speaker 25: So we made an appointment to come and see him and drop off the car today and mister Bolton actually took a step that I didn't even expect. In anticipation of Christy having to leave her car with him. He arranged for a no charge loaner Honda for her to take home for as long as it takes for them to figure out and fix this problem. So myle i Honda, man, my head is off to them. Oh and by the way, they.
Speaker 6: Have really did they figure anything out yet?
Speaker 2: Well here's what So here's what we did.
Speaker 26: Yes, go ahead, Devon, Devon and Christie and I from Myleha Honda went for a drive in that car and he heard the sound every single time I heard it.
Speaker 25: So there is absolutely no question in his mind or anybody.
Speaker 2: Mark had. Mark uses an expression that I'm going to borrow right now. Mark, you know what I'm going to say. Let's see, I've got a lot of them. It is the nut behind the wheel.
Speaker 25: Well, in this case, it was some diode under the hood, so he said. So he he's he hasn't had this complaint before, but he recognizes that the problem exists. So he has a really great resource within Honda of America and it's called tech Line, and he said it's staffed with retired master mechanics and people of that nature. So he says that at this point there is no need for him to even turn it over to a mechanic. So he's going to contact Honda and get technical guidance from them on what to do next.
Speaker 2: So I think that men.
Speaker 25: So I think over the next few days we're going to have further follow ups and further updates from Mile High Honda.
Speaker 2: So that's all right, Thank you very much, Deputy d You're welcome. All right, So we we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. It's important that when you learn stuff on the show, you also contribute and teach us stuff. So here's what I'm going to ask today. We haven't done this in a while. I want to know gems and pearls of wisdom, and I'll even give away a prize for the best. I want to hear pearls of wisdom from our listeners. Now, my morons, you can do it on the YouTube chat, but I'd rather you call the show. By the way, kinh Hoome Solutions. Remember they have painting now Kinahpainting pros Kwindows dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three each two five to five, Tunica, what's going on with your landlord? What's happening?
Speaker 19: Yes, his my land lord. We have a rocky start through the gas exposure, but our lease was ending on May fifteenth or this year, and we still have not been offered like the option to We knew or she was going to raise the rent on whatever we're going to do. But I was just kind of wondering what steps should I take because we're really not in the position to move at this time.
Speaker 2: And Okay, when you said, let me ask you a question, I want to ask a question because this is really important and you do have certain rights. When you said you got off to a rocky start, what do you mean.
Speaker 19: Well, We moved in and the fireplace wasn't working, and she said, when my previous tennis never used it. This was May the fourteenth of last year, twenty twenty four, and we, okay, got it and we noticed the fire We noticed the fireplace wasn't working. We tried it. She said, well, it never worked. My previous ten has never used it, but.
Speaker 16: Not knowingly.
Speaker 19: We was exposed to jass. But the firetec had of gassic and the furnace. So we called Excel Energy and they turned everything off. Her parmer she hired took eight days to get everything fixed. We still don't have the fireplace, which is okay because it's not in the least I guess. But they got the heat running and the tax sell approved it when they came back out. But ever since then, she's just been like really hateful, and she's been like really mean and barely one to sixteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get it. So you think she wants to get rid of you, and you want to know what your rights are?
Speaker 19: Yes, sir, that's it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, let's find out cool. I'm gonna call I'm gonna call our real estate attorney and ask them. I know, the more you live there, the more rights you have, but we'll figure it out. I don't know what right you have, but right right now, it's really weird because the laws have changed so much. So let's find out what renewal rights you have and what cancelation rights the landlord has. Have you tried reaching out to the landlord?
Speaker 19: You know, I haven't reached out to her, said like, you know, we needed a fixture for the toilet, but no, I have not because we you know, we've just been going through issues. You know, here she wanted to payment one way and now she wanted us to do a different way. You know, it's just really unprofessional, she says, really roots I choose really not to talk to her, but I was going to send her an email say hey, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Like, no, we.
Speaker 19: This is see right because I know that the least that we signed is through Zillow, and it did measure that after the twelve month term it will go to a month a month, and that neither landlord or Timmant has you know, they don't have the obligation to remove.
Speaker 6: But right it doesn't wait wait wait, wait, wait, it doesn't work that way.
Speaker 5: In Colorado. We got to get O'Brien on, Yeah, things have changed right now.
Speaker 2: Things have changed right now, So hold on, hold on, Twineka. We're going to get an expert on three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. David, you have a question about an F one body shop. Go ahead, David, we have Kevin has shared an autotech with us. He can chime in. What's going on.
Speaker 9: Well, I got hit the other day kind of on the the on my driver's side, right by my tailgate, and I'm trying to talk to some body shops about Okay, how are you guys going to repair this, whether it's a bed replacement or a panel replacement, And nobody wants to talk to me without talking to see about my insurance and and all that from Progressive because the guy that hit me is obviously paying for it, but nobody will talk to me about the repair on what the proper way to do it is.
Speaker 2: Well, that's ridiculous. You mean to tell me you can't call up and say, hey man, I got a few questions about this before I commit. They won't explain.
Speaker 3: It to you.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 9: I've talked to euro Collision, I've talked to Caliber Collision, and none of them will. We'll say, yeah, bring it in, let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous. I can't tell you why I mean that that that's ridiculous, Kevin. What reason would they have not to even not to answer a stupid question.
Speaker 10: They may not know, the guys that he's talking to may not know the procedure to fix it, and they're just not telling them. But you know, I would go somewhere else obviously, because if you can't get a straight answer to start, it's never going to get any better.
Speaker 9: Well that's what I thought too, So that's why I had to call the trouble shooter.
Speaker 10: Sure, what part of town?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 9: So I'm down in Highland's Ranch Centennial Littleton area.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's the body shop we use for all our stuff as Perry and Terry. They're they're off a cult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're good people. They have been around for years. Yeah they have.
Speaker 10: So you may just give them a call and explain what's going on and see if they'll talk to you about it before you go there. But I don't see why they wouldn't.
Speaker 9: Okay, do you know what the fix would ye?
Speaker 10: See, Well, it would depend on the damage. I that I don't know. I don't get into the body work too much.
Speaker 2: They'd have to hold on where where David, David, where was it hit?
Speaker 20: It was?
Speaker 9: It was hit in the back quarter panel right in front of where my my pail light is on the driver's side.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, got it, got it, got it? So that sounds like a rear quarter panel. What what do you specifically want to know? Anyway, if his insurance is paying, you want to make sure you're getting the right repairs and not aftermarket.
Speaker 9: Well I want to know is are they just going to cut that aluminum out and well the new piece in or is it a panel that's the right six or what?
Speaker 2: Well? Hold on, hold on if you go to any good body shop, I mean, I know what you're saying. You want to know. Wait a minute, are you drilling and filling or are you really replacing the quarter panel? So it's the left rear quarter panel, yes, sir, And usually Kevin, that's a remove and replace.
Speaker 10: Right, Typically it is on a bed, Yeah, because not enough metal there to fill. But yeah, he's right and trying to get that done first though, because he doesn't want a half job, you know, to find out a year later that there's a issue with the repairs. It was absolutely right to ask.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that you can't find a shop to answer your question. Know really, what do they say? Did you ever did you ever actually make an appointment for an estimate?
Speaker 15: No, they wouldn't.
Speaker 9: They wouldn't let me set an appointment until the progressive to give me an estimate. Then then they said, bring it in then then we can look at it and start fixing it. I said, well, I don't want that. I want to know what the correct fix is first, and they well, well, not until we get your adjuster paperwork.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I listen. I don't know what motivates people anymore. I mean, David, what I can say. We can't wave a magic want and make an answer.
Speaker 9: But I understand That's why I thought, you know, being Friday, I was waiting to exy to give you guys.
Speaker 2: We can probably we can probably give you an answer if you send us pictures, we can get an expert. Yeah, okay, I think I know why they won't tell him.
Speaker 25: They're probably waiting for the insurance company adjuster to come over and approve the repair in whatever way the insurance company wants to conduct the repair.
Speaker 2: So they don't want to waste time, is what you're saying.
Speaker 25: Yeah, they're not going to say we're going to replace it, only to find out that Progressive is going to say, no, we're not replacing it. We'd rather save four dollars and have you guys fill it with bondo.
Speaker 2: No, I know what you mean.
Speaker 10: That's why he needs to find a shop that's going to work for him, not for the insurance company. Exactly right, Yes, yeah, give him a call a Perry there. Just just ask the question over the phone and see what they say. You know, they'll set an appointment.
Speaker 14: Come.
Speaker 10: Look, they're they're straight shooters. We've we've never had issues with them.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I appreciate your time, no problem. Listen to Twinika. Tell me China, Brad O'Brien is not available.
Speaker 9: That is true?
Speaker 2: Well, when will he be available or is he not available today? He is not available today, Twinko? When when is your lease up? Did you say in May? We got to get you. We have to get you back on. I'm going to do some research store in the break, but we need to get you back on with our attorney to give you some advice. Kashina will get your number and stuff off the air and we'll get you back on three oh three seven one three talks seven one three a two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three a two five five. Three oh three Martino, Hey, you should join us. We do have a lot of fun and I mean it, a lot of fun on our YouTube channel and a lot of serious conversations as well. So you go to YouTube, you type in trouble Shooter Network and you'll find us, and during the commercials you can hear us. And I want to say this too. This number works on and off the air. Three oh three Martino, three zero three Martino. You can always email us it help at troubleshooter dot com. But what's going on with you?
Speaker 6: Miles?
Speaker 14: Oh? Hey, Mark, thanks for taking my car.
Speaker 10: You got it?
Speaker 14: Actually I spoke to you the other day about bridgeloons.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man.
Speaker 14: Yeah, So anyway, I think I got that figured out, but my situation has chased. So, uh, my mother, I have power of attorney, both durable and medical, or both of my parents. I am the first on my father. I am the second on the second on my father, my mother is first. I am second, and then I am the first on my mother, but I'm the first on all of their durable power of attorney.
Speaker 10: Got it.
Speaker 14: We're trying to put them into an assistant living place. We went and toured a couple of yesterday and we found one that we really liked. And now my mother is being very resistant and now she's resisting.
Speaker 2: Hey Miles, Miles, when you Miles, when you say, when you say your mom is resistant?
Speaker 6: Were they going to go to assisted living.
Speaker 2: Together in and like the ones that take couples and families.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's a beautiful facility. It's a two bedroom apartment and it's really nice.
Speaker 2: And how old is your mom.
Speaker 14: My mom's eighty nine and my father is ninety one.
Speaker 2: And how does your how does your mom express her resistance?
Speaker 14: Well, she was, like I said, she was all for it, and so we're like, okay, we're going to do this. And you know, we toured the places that were great. She liked the places, but she is very resistant about selling your house. That's the only way that we can pay for it. And her cognitive skills. I forget the test did they do that? Was it mi IB or something like that. She came in at a night tea which is moderate to severe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you mot Miles, none of that matters unless it's made official. And here's having a power of attorney has nothing to do with taking control of your parents. You can't do that simply because you have a power of attorney. What you need is is guardianship. If okay, But here's what I want to know. Your dad and your mom. You say it's your mom's home or do they own it together?
Speaker 14: They own it together. My father is ninety one with Parkinson's and severe dementia. He is definitely he's out there. He doesn't know what day it is. The wander wanders he uh, But who.
Speaker 2: Okay, so your mom does your mom have guardianship over him or was he never ruled incompetent?
Speaker 14: He was never really ruled incompetent because it was just kind of a given. You know, she was taking care of him, she was this caregiver, and so they never really officially ruled him incompetent. But it would be very easy to do. And trust me, Tom, this is the last the last thing I want to do. I don't want to do this, but well you.
Speaker 2: Have to listen, then you need What you need to do is simply do you are allowed to do a court action to challenge your mom's a viability and take over as a guardian. And now we can get okay, I'm going to get one of our attorneys on to talk about it, and I want you to hold on. I think we're going to get let's get McKenzie. Dan McKenzie. He is Mackenzie Law, he's an estate planning attorney. Let's talk to him first. There are ways to go about it. It's it's always very very difficult, very difficult. And if they feel that you're trying to take advantage of them, they're going to get a they're going to get a an independent person appointed with the courts. So, hang on a sec did you want to say something, go ahead, Pat, What were you going to say?
Speaker 11: Well, we had just had this done okay with one of our clients.
Speaker 2: Okay. So in other words, did one of the kids want to take over for the parents?
Speaker 14: They did?
Speaker 2: They did. So what did they do? They filed with the court.
Speaker 12: They did. They went to the attorney and she was she actually we talked about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're on, but I mean, don't use names, just use situations.
Speaker 20: Right.
Speaker 11: So she had been contacted through an Engelbert.
Speaker 2: Oh, so this was a scam where someone was sending money, and so what did the kid do?
Speaker 11: And so finally the kid went to the attorney and said, my mom's being relationship scammed on this thing and she's sending money to these people.
Speaker 2: So she got the court's ruled yes.
Speaker 11: And the client had gotten in touch with me asking for lots of money to go, and I'd been in contact with the daughter and.
Speaker 2: So and so the daughter filed a motion with the courts right and took control and got letters of temporary guardianship and temporary conservatorship that are in place. And did the mom challenge it at all.
Speaker 12: She's not happy about it. But there was a judge.
Speaker 2: It's a judge order.
Speaker 11: I mean, it was presented to the court and the evidence was presented and the judge signed off.
Speaker 2: On how much did he now the daughter's in charge?
Speaker 6: How much did the scammer get from the poor lady pat?
Speaker 12: I think around just shy of one hundred thousand.
Speaker 11: And I'll tell you what mark she was about ready to pull just shy of a half half.
Speaker 12: Million, half a million.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 11: Oh and we finally got it into place prior to that going on, and I mean, it was scrambling to get this done, but we got it done. And so that's how you can go about it. And that's a terrible thing. I mean, it's just awful what folks will do.
Speaker 2: Wow. Let's Dan McKenzie's on the line. McKenzie law, a state planning attorney. Hey, Dan, Hey, So listen, Miles was about he's helping his parents.
Speaker 6: He has power of attorney.
Speaker 2: He's helping his parents sell their home and move into an assisted living facility that they picked out. But now the mom is having second thoughts, and he says the dad basically is totally incompetent, and he thinks the mom is too. How can he make them sell the house and move? At that age this becomes a very delicate topic. How do you navigate that? Dan?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 27: Is that related to the conversation you were just having about the ya?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 2: Because yes?
Speaker 17: Usually so?
Speaker 27: Yeah, I think Kelly told me there's a power of attorney in play that. A power of attorney just says you can act on my behalf, but I still can too, and you can orally revoke powers of attorney. Actually it doesn't take anything fancy, so the person who signed the power of attorney really still has full control. They're just saying you also can.
Speaker 23: Do stuff for me.
Speaker 27: So if he feels like, look they need to not have control anymore. That does require a court order.
Speaker 2: Now, how is that done practically? How is it done?
Speaker 27: You petition the court to have a conservative appointed for these I.
Speaker 5: Mean, but you can do that for him, right? Isn't that typically how it would be done?
Speaker 27: Yeah, it's not a pleasant process. I will tell you that because the courts are appropriately nervous about it, because there, in a way a person's right to handle their own affairs, So they do. Typically there's going to be a hearing, you might need witnesses. Well, you definitely will need witnesses. You might need expert witnesses. And if the parents think sometimes the person who's the subject of the whole thing is sitting there saying no, I'm fine, and they don't always win that argument. But they can be there. It doesn't mean they're you know, unconscious in the hospital. They might be walking around and doing stuff, and that's the whole problem. So it's it is a pretty intense process actually in a lot of cases.
Speaker 2: Okay, And what happens to the parents? Do they get to hire an attorney? You know what? It seems to me like it's a little unbalanced if some young aggressive I'm not saying that's happening with Miles, but some younger aggressive child wants to take control of the finances and their parents are the parents, Like who represents the parents in these hearings.
Speaker 27: The parents can hire an attorney if they do. I've been in that position. If the court is concerned that they're not represented, they can point a guardian at item who can show up and basically be there to advocate and be how it's almost like having the you know, public defender appointed if you're in a criminal manner, but that yeah, it's a guardian appointed to argue in their behalf.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. So do you have any questions about it? Miles? Okay, I have to Miles.
Speaker 16: That I have to.
Speaker 14: I have to explain the whole situation that we are in right now, Okay, go ahead. Is that Okay, my father at home fell on my mother and she broke her ribs, and so they are now in a rehab facility. But my mother is good enough to be released, but they won't lease because he is in an unsafe environment. And we've been trying for years to get them to get out of their house. But we have all these doctors report saying that they cannot go home in the same situation that they're at. And we can hire a twenty four hour caregiver, but that's like thirty thousand dollars a month, and whereas we can put them into an assistant living a really nice place for like ten thousand and five.
Speaker 2: And Dan McKenzie, Yeah, Dan McKenzie, would that be worth taking, you know, trying to make a run for guardianship.
Speaker 27: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's probably what's Okay, happened, and that's you know, the family doesn't do it. The hospital might have already contacted Adult Protective Services. Sometimes they can involved in these situations where there are people living on their own or relation should not be.
Speaker 2: You know, let me just say it, Miles.
Speaker 6: You need you need a consultant attorney.
Speaker 2: I need to take a break and Dan McKenzie is co Plans dot co. The number is a three three co plans. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Three Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped of need so you don't have carunos as the.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help. Come man, this is.
Speaker 2: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martina. Here along with major Mark Major and the crew back at the station. We are here to help you solve problems, answer questions, and take complaints. This is how I brought to you by One Clear Choice Garage Doors, and I really think it's a clear choice. When it comes to garage door maintenance, repairs, installation openers and everything else. Go to one Clear Choicedoors dot com. It's one Clear Choice Garage Doors. But the website is one Clear Choice doores dot com. All of their prices on there, everything they do, and they're open twenty four to seven One Clear Choice Doors dot Com. Well, let's talk about your life. Kevin has a question about drilling and when it comes to royalty or working interests. When people own oil and gas, they either own a royalty or that means they simply own the land or did something that awards them loyalty for a gate count or every barrel, or they have a working interest which means they're part of the corporation that's doing the drilling.
Speaker 6: Or they have property owner.
Speaker 2: Rights which are direct leases to the mineral companies. And which do you have, Kevin, this land that you bought, did you buy the mineral rights?
Speaker 13: No, we don't have mineral rights with it. We do get some money for each additional gas self. So I'm not trying to be ridiculous. I just didn't know if this.
Speaker 2: Is well, hold on, hold on, So you own the surface rights? How much land are we talking about?
Speaker 13: Total properties? Thirty five acres? This is the this is the this is the question part we're having we keep going around and around with them. Is when we are closing, we were showing a paper from the old gas company, showed up two acre permanent gas well pad. And then then then they wanted us to sign a paper saying we give a more area and this from the old company. We said no, we get a lawyer. Lawyer looked at I said, don't sign it. And now they've changed hands. Now this new company is saying they have a four acre additional four acre temporary construction site. But that was part of the surface use agreement that expired in October of twenty four.
Speaker 2: Okay, if it expired, it's expired. It's that easy. If there was an automatic renewal option that would be in it.
Speaker 6: Everything would be in your documentation.
Speaker 2: So are you asking me, are they allowed to take an expired agreement and extend it? No, they're not.
Speaker 13: Okay, and thank you. That's what we're trying to figure out. Of course, when we talk to the new old Gast guy, he keeps me, I have no idea.
Speaker 16: I have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 13: We're like, well, it's in our closing papers. We'll send them to you. But I thought it maybe we should talk to somebody like yourself first before we do.
Speaker 2: And Kevin, you, so you have thirty five acres, it's called thirty five acres with outside mineral rights. You're you said the working contract expired in October. That would have allowed them, that would have allowed them to double the pad.
Speaker 9: Right, yes, exactly, okay, and.
Speaker 2: It's expired. Did you say to the person, well, that's an old agreement.
Speaker 13: That's what we've been saying to them, and they keep blowing past it, saying we're going to come in, put ourselves, we're going to put our seven wells, and we're going to be in and out right away. It's okay, but technically after October you're not even supposed to be on the property. You don't have a surface use agreement past October of twenty five. You were supposed to reclamate this and be gone at that point.
Speaker 2: Well, then then you're you know, they're just hoping that you're not going to do anything.
Speaker 13: Okay, And then one more quick question with that is on under closing papers. The as built diagram from the old Guess Law company showed a two acre permanent side two point zero four acres as the permanent production facility. Can we hold them to that saying that that is all you were allowed since that is what we were are closing paper showed from the old oil of course, does that makes sense?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 2: Of course, unless the closing docs were in error and the underlying paperwork says more. You know, the original contract for mineral rights is what is what's going to prevail. So if someone misrepresented the property upon sale and your closing docs say that, you just have to make sure the closing docs jive with the original paperwork.
Speaker 13: Okay, And the original state permit showed a four acre pad, but our papers as an as built shows a two point oh you know, two acre permanent see.
Speaker 2: Kevin, Kevin, Now that's burying the lead. You're telling me that there was original paperwork for four acres on.
Speaker 13: The original Oh yeah, that's just a blanket and it also showed eighteen wells. But they can't put eighteen wells on four.
Speaker 2: That was just it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. There's original paperwork for eight acres you're saying, or four acres. Okay, hold on, and this four acres was for the pump pads.
Speaker 13: I'm assuming so because that doesn't really show up on anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, then hold on. Then then why did you tell me they only have two acres?
Speaker 13: Because the as built on our closing papers from the old Nickel Road operating, you know, shows a schematic and shows two acres outline it says permanent production facility two acres.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's true. What so, here's what they're saying. There's four acres, they've used two of them, and they advise you that of closing. That doesn't take away the other two acres. Kevin, Okay, okay, that doesn't. That doesn't I mean, sir, and I don't even know what you're talking about as far as this. You said something the surface use agreement for pump heads expired. That's true. They can't expand it, but they don't have to. They have four acres.
Speaker 13: Well, they need more than the four to put their temporary construction site, though I think the whole the additional pad is well.
Speaker 2: The temporary construction. Listen, bro, the temporary construction is not a surface use agreement. Okay, the temporary construction is outside of the surface use agree. So you have to go yes, it doesn't matter. Here's what they're saying. We own surface rights to your property, and in order to do it, we have to put some wells on there, and in order to do it, we're gonna have some extra property we use temporarily for equipment. That separate agreement for the construction site or the equipment is what prevails. Otherwise what you're going to end up doing. You can thwart them a bit, but the bottom line is if they have the four acres, they're going to use the four acres. And if you technically end up being correct, well you can have the four acres, but you can temporarily use our property for storage. Well, then they're just gonna bring equipment in and out of the property as they need it. On the four acres. It's not going to get you out of that four acre commitment. The original paperwork is what prevails. You bought it subject to those four acres being an oil site. Do you get paid anything.
Speaker 13: For this, Yeah, we get, we get We're gonna get some for the additional wells. Yeah yeah, we're gonna get some for that additional wellhead.
Speaker 2: Do you get regular checks or is it a one time payment?
Speaker 13: No, just just a one time payment on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Kevin, I think every I don't think they're trying to screw you. And I caution people if you have if you buy property with outside mineral rights, you better be very very certain that you can live with the terms and conditions. There have been some people that bought property when I was out buying property back in the day, and they buy property subject to these rights, not thinking anything would happen, and they end up not being able to build a subdivision or something they wanted to build on a good part of it because of it, because it severely restricts you. So I hope the rest of your land though it doesn't hinder the use of your land, right.
Speaker 13: Oh no, no, Look it's on the north end. I mean we knew obviously, we knew it there and the site clear at the north end of the property. It's not like in the middle of the properties. You know, to us We're fine with it. When we bought it, it just we thought they were going to reclimate it and get out, and then all of a sudden they show up saying they're going to still do a bunch of work. And we thought that that that the surface use for the the temporary construction part expired, but apparently it doesn't, so that's fine too, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Kevin, thank you for calling three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here at three O three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. Well, we got a lot going on today, a very eclectic lists of problems. Let's talk to Phil on his homeowner's insurance.
Speaker 6: Phil, go ahead, what's happening with you?
Speaker 2: Phil?
Speaker 20: Hey? Tom, if you recall about a week, week and a half ago, this woman called in for this older lady that had problems on a roof and she would with home site insurance. Do you recall anything.
Speaker 2: I recall something like it. I don't recall it specifically, what is the problem?
Speaker 20: And the insurance company was only going to pay her eight hundred dollars to repair her roof or something like that.
Speaker 2: I remember something like that. Home Site. Yeah, here's what happened. It's it was a ninety year old woman, Ruth had AARP insurance for twenty five years. They dropped her and she got a new policy with home Site. After a year and a half, she had a hailstorm and her insurance only paid eight hundred dollars. That was assigned to Deputy D. Deputy D. What happened with that? He's not here, Tom, He stepped out for the Rockies. Oh, I thought he sorry, we didn't wh okay, Well, you know what, I don't know what happened with that?
Speaker 20: Yeah, I was kind of curious because I have Homesite Insurance is a Geico sister company, Homesite I had.
Speaker 6: We'll get that update from a Monday for you for sure.
Speaker 20: Man, Yeah, Mark, I need you to fight for me.
Speaker 2: Mark, Well tell me what's going on, Tom, tell us what's going on.
Speaker 20: Twenty twenty three February, I had water damage caused by water pressure going in from the from the street, from the meter. I had one hundred and twenty pounds of.
Speaker 2: Pointa phil Phil. So you're saying that the city's water meter was off.
Speaker 20: Yeah, like one hundred and twenty pounds or one hundred and ten pounds to pressure.
Speaker 2: But was it the cities? What was it the city's meter that did that?
Speaker 20: Yes, Arveda, Colorado.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so go ahead.
Speaker 20: So I talked to a couple of guys that came out looked and that he said that my water pressure is way too high. So they put a regulator on there. And I said, you know, I've been here for thirty seven years the same place. I've never had trouble with this before. So anyways, let's let's get get to it that.
Speaker 2: What happened when you put phil, when you put a regulator on. So did they go into your basement or wherever and say, we're going to regulate the pressure.
Speaker 20: Yes, yeah, yeah, so they put that on there and then they turned it and that you cut down the pressure. But man, I'll tell you.
Speaker 16: Anyway, what tell me?
Speaker 20: Tell me mine from the thicket busted. I had water all over the basement, probably about six inches of water everywhere.
Speaker 14: And uh, I called.
Speaker 2: What company put in? What company put in the secondary what company put in that secondary regulator valve?
Speaker 20: It was the city, Yeah, it was a city. And I told him, I said, you know what. I went down there and I told you you caused my problem because I two of my toilets blew out too, and I had to replace Phil.
Speaker 2: Phil. Yeah, I know, I know that. I know you have the story in your head. Let me let me just recap. You're saying that the water damaged the bottom line, the water damage your property due to our Vada City water system, right.
Speaker 20: Yeah, too much pressure or volume.
Speaker 2: But I don't understand this part. When you complained about the pressure, they put a secondary water pressure valve in.
Speaker 20: Yeah, after my plumber came out and fixed the piping, and then matter of fact, they didn't do it. The plumber put in the regulator.
Speaker 8: That yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, I have generally they just run you the tap. Then you have a regulator.
Speaker 2: At your house, right right, That's what I was saying. So, so here's here's the thing, Phil, I don't think that original damage was done by Arvada at all. It's because your valve went bad and then you had a new valve put in. You can't blame the city for this.
Speaker 6: It's two years ago. So why why the call today about it? I don't get that part.
Speaker 20: Well, listen, I'm having trouble with Home Site Insurance in the claim. I had four people over here on the damage on the basement. The insurance company paid me, which I didn't like the price neither, But they did pay me for my personal property.
Speaker 2: But why did they they decline?
Speaker 6: Why did they decline everything? But the persons?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what they declined. He just said they paid for his personal property. What did they.
Speaker 6: Decline the damage? Like what, I'm flooring?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 20: Yes, you're right, mark the flooring everything else. And I called them back up a couple months later, and he said, you know, you never told us how much is going to cost for the construction, the carpet, the tiling and all the old stuff.
Speaker 2: Phil, So I, Phil, you said something, Phil, hold On, you said something about two failures. I think you said in February twenty twenty three the pipers due to high pressure. Then your plumber came in and put a new one in, and that one failed to or not or was I misunderstandable?
Speaker 20: No, no, it didn't fail. It's worth yeah, okay, fixed it right, and he got it. He put the regulator in, but got it. They did pay me for my personal property at that time, but not the construction part, the paneling, the tile, the flooring, the ceiling tile where the water came in from the ceiling because of.
Speaker 2: This, Okay, let's get Compass insurance on hold On, Phil, I don't even want to talk because I don't know why they would pay for personal property but not the other It's kind of weird. Let's ask Brian Burns from Compass Insurance to come on, all right, then we'll learn something. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Hey, valet parking at a hospital. It's a great topic. We're gonna talk about coming up. I'll tell you why. I find it to be one of the most convenient services ever, and it's always free. But Key has a problem. We'll find out about that and more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martine. You're Troubleshooter three three seven one three talks seven one three two five five. Brian Burns is with us from the Insurance Health Center dot com or or Compass Insurance Group, home of the free insurance checkups. I'll give you that number when he's done. Hey, Brian, so, Phil had a water pipe burst due to improper water pressure and his insurance company is paying for his personal property, but won't pay for any of the cosmetic repairs.
Speaker 9: That does not make sense to me. Okay, so you're saying, like the damage to the carpet, drywall, that kind of stuff, they're not willing to pay.
Speaker 2: For that, right, they won't pay for that, only his personal property.
Speaker 9: That makes zero sense. Does he have a denial letter?
Speaker 6: Well, I think we're missing part of it. If I had to ask him, and we'll bring him back up. But Phil, did you ever get them an estimate or anything anything at all?
Speaker 20: Listen? Mark, Tom listened. I got two estates, one from Handymanned Connections his name, Yes, yeah, okay, I got an estimate there from Ace Handymanned Connection estimate. I had both of them come out here.
Speaker 2: Phil.
Speaker 5: Did you give me to your insurance company?
Speaker 20: Well, let me finish. So they told me to send them the estimate the insurance company. They did not receive the estimates. A week later, I called them and they said they didn't receive this.
Speaker 5: Okay, Brian, this is two years ago, so I want I want Brian to understand that part too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But here's what I need to know, Phil, Here's what I need to know. They did not pay for any of the repairs. Now correct me if I'm wrong, Brian. If something uncovered broke, they would fix the damages that the uncovered item caused, but it would not cover the It would not cover the repair of the uncovered item, exactly.
Speaker 9: That's exactly right. The damage that's caused from it is what would be covered. But what makes zero sense to me, Tom, is if you're going to cover the personal property, why in the world where would did the exclusion be for the actual dwell?
Speaker 6: There is no exclusion.
Speaker 5: He never sent the estimate in or he sent it, but nobody ever got it.
Speaker 9: Okay, gotcha? So that's really do you think that's what?
Speaker 2: Well, how do you know, Mark, how do you know? Because that's what Phil literally just said.
Speaker 20: All right, Phil, listen tomp So, after I had that water damage done in February or January where I had that water pressure problem and it busted the line, a month later, I got a letter from the insurance company that they are going to cancel my insurance. On March fifteenth. I thought, okay, you're playing hard ball with me. Okay, So I called Excel Roofing and I talked to Jeff Smith down there he came out, looked at my roof and said that I got damage on my roof for hail damage. So they home said, sent out adjuster with Jeff got up on the roof and the adjuster said, you don't have hell damage. You do have heal damage. But it happened in twenty nineteen. They they died by claim there. I said, okay, I'm going back to the basement where I had that water damage and reopened the claim up with this, which should be the same place.
Speaker 2: Phil, you're making You're making no sense to me. So when they told you they were going to cancel you, you decided to put in a roof claim. Why didn't you put in a roof claim before that?
Speaker 20: I thought, well, March fifteenth. I thought, well, I'm going to have my roof checked out before March fifteenth.
Speaker 2: But Phil, they Phil having your roof checked out, Phil, it has to be tied to a specific event. You don't just get to get the insurance company to give you a new roof, even if you have hail insurance.
Speaker 20: Brian tell them, I understand that.
Speaker 2: So so so what did they turned down your roof? It probably was old hail damage. They don't have an obligation to pay for anything more than.
Speaker 12: A year old.
Speaker 20: Well, according to from Jeff Smith of Excel the manager, he said that he doesn't live too far from me and he got hailed too back in June. It doesn't matter time.
Speaker 2: Well then, Phil, then Phil, you have to prove it. Then, Phil, you know what, You don't just get to put in claims because you think it's a good idea to Mesu's not the roof. His issues the basement, that's right, Mark, Yeah, because he was pissed off about the roof, so he went back to the basement. And the basement's not being covered. And I don't know why did you get a denial letter?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 20: I did not.
Speaker 2: Well, then how do you know it's not being paid?
Speaker 20: Well, this has been going on since.
Speaker 2: Did you submit a bill? Did you submit a bill?
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 20: I gave them two estimates, one from Handyman's connection and one from a And what.
Speaker 2: Did they say? What did they say when you gave them the estimates?
Speaker 20: They said that they look into it, and Uh, get in touch.
Speaker 6: With me, Tom, I don't think you're following.
Speaker 2: What the hell do you mean I'm not following?
Speaker 20: Come on, Mark, I need Jordan the guy put in here.
Speaker 2: He put in a claim for an insurance what he's now. Here's what it boils down to. After all those kakamamie stories, it all boils down to this. He has an insurance claim for damages to his house due to a water burst, and they never got back to him after he sent him estimates.
Speaker 6: They never turned him down. He doesn't have a denial letter.
Speaker 2: Oh, they never.
Speaker 22: Turned him down.
Speaker 20: I want to ask you another question, tom or Mark mark sure ahead listening? Mark on the damage on my personal property which they paid me? Yes, and my deductible. You wouldn't believe what my deductible was. It was four four and seventy dollars.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 20: Yeah, they put me in a mouse house. But anyways, what.
Speaker 2: What was the question I got?
Speaker 20: I got the claim for the construction damage like the floor and the tile and everything else.
Speaker 10: Got it?
Speaker 20: Do I still have to pay another deductible?
Speaker 2: No? Oh, what are you talking about? Only if it's another Only if it's another event. If it's another.
Speaker 20: Event, you do it's the same claim number.
Speaker 2: No, then you don't pay another deductible? Okay, Phil, I suggest you call a public adjuster. Give him the name of services off the Brian. I'm putting him on.
Speaker 6: Hold real quick.
Speaker 5: Seriously, though, Let's say we go back to February of twenty twenty three and they were paying on the claim. That's evident because they put him up somewhere in his mouse house and they paid for some of his personal items. And let's say he did get estimates but he never got him to them, or they're claiming they never got him. When does that expire? How long do you have after January of twenty twenty three to still deal with this claim.
Speaker 9: Well, that's a great question, because to file the claim, you have, like Tom mentioned the twelve months. With most carriers, they look at that you have one year. But when you file the claim and you want to reopen, I believe that timeframe is longer. So I really think you would.
Speaker 2: I think it's three years, exactly.
Speaker 9: What I think it is too. I think it's three I think what we.
Speaker 5: Do then, in all seriousness, we put this either with Dimitri or Bow or Doc and they call up this guy and then make a call to the insurance company to see where it's at at.
Speaker 9: Right. Yeah, well, yeah, I mean yeah, that's what we do.
Speaker 2: Heard I never even heard Mark that's exactly what we do.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I don't even know if they ever acknowledged that they got the.
Speaker 2: They did it. Yeah, I'm gonna hope they never did. Phil.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna ask Phil a question real quick, Phil, just the answer to this. Did they say they never receive those estimates?
Speaker 2: Is that yes? Or no?
Speaker 20: Sh No, they did not receive Thank you.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's it, So we're on the right path now. See that was easy.
Speaker 16: I got.
Speaker 2: I gotta move on. Jay, you have a comment on this, Go ahead, Jay, quickly. What's your comment?
Speaker 16: He had one hundred, He had one hundred and twenty psi. They put in a regulator, then a pigot blue and flooded the basement. The spigot runs from the basement out to the exterior of the house. They probably have no protection on the spigot, just the interior of the house plumbing. If they still have one hundred and twenty psi at are that a He still has one hundred and twenty psi at those particular points in his house, and he could have a lot more trouble come in his way.
Speaker 2: So he needs to make well, Okay, good point. Good point. If they didn't put it in the right place, or if he has pressure coming in he needs a plumber to check it out to make sure he doesn't have future problems. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, let's talk to Key No pun intended. He has a valet issue. Key. What's happening?
Speaker 20: Hey, Tom?
Speaker 22: Yeah, I brought my car into uh the hospital valet parking. I left noticed that there was a scratch on my front bumper. Came back.
Speaker 2: What hospital was it? What hospital? You see?
Speaker 22: You see hill?
Speaker 2: Okay, now you see health. What they do is they take pictures of the car before they park it.
Speaker 22: Exactly exactly, so I thought that, Uh so, what happened to the picture? I came back, I said that my car was scratched here, and uh they told me, uh, hold on, wait, uh took a little information. I speak to a supervisor. Then they told me that they were in a meeting. Then uh, I said, wait, I'm waiting now, I'm here exactly right now, and they just now came out right when you came under the line, I know, I came like, and what did they say? They're saying that they're not responsible because I left?
Speaker 6: What does that mean?
Speaker 13: You?
Speaker 2: What do you mean you left? What does that mean?
Speaker 22: The incident happened yesterday at one fifteen. We were in there to a well actually twelve fifteen. Between twelve fifteen and one thirty four and one thirty four, I came out, picked up the truck, went home, woke up this morning, came out.
Speaker 5: And see, Oh they're saying Tom that basically he's had the truck the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 6: How did they know they did.
Speaker 22: The damage exactly exactly what they're saying.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's a pretty fair question.
Speaker 2: Well hold on, well, hold on, did they was that they really take a lot like they take at least six photos of each car. Was your car photographed?
Speaker 5: It was, But even if it wasn't there, what they're saying is it's there now, but it already left them.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh, I get it, I get it. I get it.
Speaker 5: The photos probably don't show the damage, but the damage is there the next day.
Speaker 2: He didn't take photos when he picked up the car.
Speaker 7: He took photos before he gave them the car.
Speaker 2: Right, right, But he should have mentioned the scratch when he picked up the car, because they're saying it could have been done afterwards. But apparently he didn't see it when he picked up the car.
Speaker 17: I know.
Speaker 2: But but if you look at the UC health guidelines, they tell us to check the car's condition.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I guess so. I never I wanted it was my wife to be Okay, So that's all I was thinking about at the time.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you this, No, I get you, bro, Where were you going out there?
Speaker 22: We were going to cardiology. Is that's what you were asking?
Speaker 2: Was it the outpatient pavilion, the cancer pavilion.
Speaker 16: Which pavilion It's in the main building.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me let me explain something. I know this doesn't do you any good, but I want to explain something specifically about UC Health Hospital's valet service. They've been rated in the top five in the country, okay, and for for service and for dependability. And I'm telling you that I don't I don't know if they did it or not. Okay, I don't know that. But really, where was it on the car physically? Where is this scratch?
Speaker 22: It's on the driver's side bumper and I'm already having a ding on the bumper and I bought it that way, but it goes into the actual body of the truck.
Speaker 2: Okay, why didn't you notice it?
Speaker 22: Well, they had like maybe fifty cars in this area that you get the valet in.
Speaker 2: No, you're right, you're right. They hand you the key and they want you to get the heck out of there.
Speaker 22: Yeah, and there was an issue with it because.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what, hold on, hey, Deputy Bow, Deputy Bow. Let's see if we can give them a call and just see what they say about it. Kevin Call can share it in autotech dot com three ZHO three four five, five seventy two. You can depend on him. Remember, save all your problems for me.