Speaker 1: It's time for Coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: I haven't looked yet, but I would imagine that with it being a nine o'clock tip on a Wednesday night, that tonight's game will probably be on the ACC Network. That's just my that's just my guess, but yeah, and it is. It is ACC Network nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: So again, I.
Speaker 2: Would encourage you if you have yet to go to a game. I mean, tonight maybe not ideal as far as the time, the opponent, the weather, that kind of stuff, but you only get two more chances. And this group's been really special in a variety of ways, and I think it'll be remembered for a long time regardless of how things play out. But it's starting to hit me that this this season. You know, once you get past next week, at that point, you know you win and go you win or go home. I mean, that's that's what it comes down to. And it's exciting because you know you're gonna be in the big dance. We don't have to wake up on selection Sunday worried about are we gonna hear Louisvill's name called, it'll be called, and who knows. I guess depending upon what happens from now until then, maybe they get a solid seed as we get closer to the end of the season. Though, I'm want to go back to last week. Somebody called in and said, you know, if Louisville wins out, do you think that you know, I think somebody said they could get up to a two seed. I don't see that possible, and I think I said, maybe like a three. I think if they went out, meaning they beat Clemson and Duke, I still think like four is the ceiling as far as is high. And by the way, I'm not saying they're going to beat Clemson and Duke, but if they did, I look, I still believe this team. If they did that, I mean, I feel clearly a lot better about their chances of make in a deep run. Right, if you can do that on a neutral court, I mean, heck, who can't you be right? So again, I'm not predicting that, but if it did happen, I would be super excited. But I still think seed line you're probably looking at for as the absolute ceiling, and it's and it's and it's really just because again, like the way the schedules set up, it's really out of your control. But I was looking last night at the most recent bracketology out there, and I guess last night that at that point it wasn't considering the results yet because I think the one I looked at last night came out yesterday during the day. But we've got a fresh one from this morning from Jerry Palm, and he has Louisville still sitting as a seventh seed, which is not a not a big surprise. And I mean right now, Louisville, I mean, let's just say Jerry Palm's bracket is absolute as far as who gets in who doesn't you know. You know, one of the things I've mentioned here and there and again it's not to like beave and it's not.
Speaker 3: Because it doesn't. It's I'm so uh, I.
Speaker 2: Guess paranoid about sounding like the guy who's not all in on this team and enjoying the ride, because I am. But you know, when it comes to this doesn't prove anything. It's just a fact. Right Louisville, right now, again, their best win is Clemson, and that's that's That's as good as it gets and there's really not a second like the next best win is not one that you'd really even throw out there as.
Speaker 3: Like wow, that win has you know, value. It's not their fault, it's just the way that it played out.
Speaker 2: And you know, I keep talking about whoever you play in that seven to ten game, like, right now, you got Georgia in this bracketology, Maybe you get Baylor, Maybe you get West Virginia again, maybe you get you know, heck, maybe you get the Hoosiers. Maybe you get Yukon or Bandy or something like that, Gonzaga. So again, this is just an observation. I can't prove it, and it doesn't mean that I'm not confident in Louisville. It's just something that I am more full of than I think maybe others. And that whoever you play in that first game, there's a good chance they're gonna be better than every team you've played since January first, other than maybe Clemson. And that again that I only bring that up just because that's an unusual place to be in as a Louisville fan. Who when you go back to other tournaments where you feel like, hey, we're safely in, we're looking at maybe anywhere between a five to a seven seed, you feel like you've been battle tested, and really you just haven't. And that's just an unusual thing that I don't I mean, I can't remember any other year where Louisville was in a position to make the tournament to where you've gone this long without playing teams that are going to challenge you at least you know that well, some of them have challenged Louis Louisville lost to George Tech, right, So I don't mean, I guess I shouldn't say that, but more than anything, like you're gonna play teams that, for the most part, are just a lot better than the vast majority of who you've played in the last you know, two and a half months or so, and again you can't control that.
Speaker 3: That doesn't mean anything. It's just you know, an observation, I guess.
Speaker 2: So another thing that again when I just think of this, like, it doesn't change my thoughts on Louisville and really what they can do. It's just another reminder that we are in an unusual spot because right now, if this bracket is in fact.
Speaker 3: You know what we get. Louisville will have beat.
Speaker 2: Four teams that are in the NCAA tournament, and I feel like that's got to be an all tim er. Two as far as like, damn, has Louisville ever gone to the tournament and got to see, you know, in that range where they only have three maybe four wins because Indiana looks like they're in. But you know, and I guess at this point you'd have a hard time to not get in with very little opportunities to even lose games. But like, you beat Clemson and then your next best win is probably West Virginia or Indiana, and you know those wins clearly, you know they account. I'm glad you you won those games and didn't lose them. But when it comes to those that are going to be like feeling like Louisville's disrespected if they don't get it, like if they like, let's say they beat Clemson and then lose to Duke in a close game, I still think you're looking at like five at the very best.
Speaker 3: Hopefully I'm wrong. And for those that think that's that's.
Speaker 2: Crazy, how can you have a record that good and a kin palm in a net that's top twenty five to where you know your seed isn't better than that. And by the way, if they went out and then lose to Duke in a close game, they'll be top twenty in those formulas. But I still don't know if the seed line would reflect that. And again I think it's just because of again it's it's because.
Speaker 3: Of the schedule. You can't you know, you can't control that.
Speaker 2: All right, it's coffee and company and we are feel about Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you hanging out with us here on a Wednesday afternoon. I don't know what's doing outside right now, but it was gloomy, windy.
Speaker 3: Cold and doing something as far as rain sleep.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was, but whenever I was getting off of sixty five to head in downtown here, it was it was doing something that wasn't rain, wasn't snow. I don't know what it was, but yeah, this gross weather. I just wish you would go away, because I'm ready with the brutal winter that we had in mostly January, but even February got us a little bit too, right with how cold.
Speaker 3: It was and whatnot.
Speaker 2: I'm just ready for the warm weather to get here. But looks like we got to wait a little bit longer, all right. So in tonight's game, Louisville currently fourteen and a half point favorites over cal The projected score for through ken Palm was Louisville winning by sixteen. So, you know, if they if they hopefully this isn't like a sweated out, like, man, are we gonna lose? I hope that's not the case, and it shouldn't be. But let's say Louisville. Look, if louis wins about thirty, then that'll be great. But like, let's say they barely cover or just barely don't cover. For me, if we start the show tomorrow and I'm feeling, you know, through the root, through the you know, over the moon about what I saw last night, despite it being, you know, a game that was just around the spread, It'll probably be because I saw this team potentially you know, rejuvenated, and I don't, you know, maybe that's an unfair ask because at this point, I'm sure every team is tired, especially teams like Louisville that have had really seven guys playing thirty plus minutes all year, Like guys are worn down. It's late in the season. That's just part of basketball. But to me, it really started I guess with the I mean, was it Miami. But then again, that was a game that I kind of feel like I didn't even really view that with the same lens because they didn't have Chucky, and you just know that whatever you're watching in that game is not going to be anything close to what you're typically going to be because you know your best player didn't play. But I do believe that's around the time. It just kind of well, honestly, I'll go, let's see.
Speaker 3: Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: That was I guess that's probably the best because when when Chucky came back against in C State, Louisville came back and ended up winning ninety one to sixty six and just hammer NC State. But the Notre Dame game that Sunday, it just you know, they won by fifteen. It was a good that he wasn't It wasn't particularly close late, but it just kind of seemed like they were they lost their edge just a little bit, like they're winded, you know, like attention to detail wasn't quite as good. They had some defensive issues, defensive letdowns that you weren't seeing earlier.
Speaker 3: This year, and I feel like since that Notre Dame game.
Speaker 2: After that, of course, then they played that, they played Florida State and one by eight. Then they had the Virginia Tech game that you know, they got up to a great start, eleven and eleven and nothing, and then, as you likely know if you watched it, it just it was not their night. You know, you saw some uncharacteristic mistakes, but in the end they got some real repetition and figured had to figure out a way to win a close game that clearly was not their night. And I don't know if you'd say the same thing about the Pittsburgh game, because again, Pittsburgh's better than everybody you've played in recent games, and you know they they hit some.
Speaker 3: Tough shots too.
Speaker 2: But I just feel like the last four games, specifically, despite still winning, just there's been something. I wouldn't even be accurate to say that something's been off. Certainly, it wouldn't be fair to say they played poorly. But I think two things. One, I'm either just spoiled and I got used to watching them play so well. Defensively, get every loose ball, dominate the backboard. I mean, defense was really just rolling like I got used to the January version to where now maybe I'm just expecting too much. So maybe it's just, you know, it's not alarming, it's not a cost for concern. It's just you know, they're not winning by twenty and thirty because you know, the other teams are playing better than the teams that Louisvill played in January, or you know, it's just the fact that they're really winded and you just have to hope that they don't run out of gas before you get to, you know, the second weekend. So I'm hopeful that tonight when Louisville wins and hopefully they give you a score that can can help them slightly in the net and the ken palm. That's always the goal, right, don't just win, but maybe maybe win big enough. You can't you know, it's not gonna happen every night, but maybe you win big enough to where, you know, you jump up a spot or two in the net. But I'm also hopeful that they don't look as gast. But maybe that's just you know, maybe that's just where we are and it's it's gonna be part of this team moving forward. And that didn't mean they can't still find ways to win because you know, it would have been great for Louisville to win by twenty five plus in these last few games, but that didn't happen. And there is value in this team being put in situations late where they've got to find a way to get it done despite it really not because looks be real, They've had some games where it's just like, damn, this team, they can do no wrong. Like when they played QS up in the Dome, they won by twenty four. When they played Virginia ed Virginia, they twenty pieced them. The SMU game, I mean they won ninety eight to seventy three. It could have been a lot worse than that Wake Forest that was a blowout. In fact, the final scores a little misleading. They went to Boston College won eighty four to fifty eight, NC State ninety one to sixty six. So you know, expecting that team to do that routinely is probably not fair. But yet they did it fairly routinely for a good stretch of the season. So maybe I'm just getting I'm just getting picky now, I don't know, all right, So for those who missed it earlier, no, text line right now. I got locked out of the Google Voice account. Well, actually I didn't get locked out. I got told I needed to assign a new number for Google Voice, and I'm getting too deep in the weeds. But nonetheless, the number that we've used since the beginning of the Ellen and Federal Credit Union text line, I don't have it anymore, and I don't know who has it. But it doesn't look like I'm gonna get it back. So I'm going to try to get a new number and we'll continue to use the text line. Let' me be the same thing. It's just a different number. So I tried to set that up during the break. But and I consider myself to be, you know, savvy enough when it comes to technology, but it's not. It's not letting me do it.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I uh, I'll try to get it figured out. But no text line right now. So if you are texting, just know you're not getting through to me, and you may be texting some stranger and by the way, tell them he stole our number. Actually, no, I shouldn't do that. Never don't do that, because then like, yeah, let's not do that. Let's not text that number. I was gonna make a joke and then, like I remember, somebody got sued for telling people to do something and then they did it. Remember the whole ruferees thing with with KSR. And by the way, they didn't they won their lawsuit. They didn't actually have to pay any damages to Uh is it some Higgins?
Speaker 4: Is his name, Tim Higgins?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, the ref because to be fair, they didn't actually tell anybody to go harass him, but you know, they mentioned that he was a guy who refed and also had a roofing business, and the people were so mad that you know. Anyways, I'm gonna stop talking because I don't want I don't want to be I don't want people texting that number and harassing these people and then then like calling the cops on me or something, which I don't think I could be in trouble, but I'm on the record now, shame on you if you text that number who is now that is now being used by somebody else and you know, harass them, because we'll get a new number, we'll be good to go. I just I got to get it figured out, and I'll get it figured out, I promise, because that's my favorite way to interact with you guys. Right, there's a lot of ways to interact with us, but the text line, the Ellen and Federal Credit Union text line, I should say, is is my favorite. All right, Uh, let's see. Let's gohea and get a quick break out of the way. We'll come back on the other side. Keep this thing rolling along. What I like doing as we get closer to selection Sunday is to take a look at resumes. I guess the profile of teams currently and look back at previous teams in previous seasons that had you know, the exact same or a very similar profile. Doesn't mean, you know, if that team that had the same profile two years ago made a final for that you're going to make a final four. But you know, if there's ever a time where we can nerd out and not feel bad about college basketball when it comes to numbers, resumes, that kind of stuff, it's now right, it's March.
Speaker 3: We're here. Stick with us.
Speaker 2: Coffee and Company fuelbou Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 3: So thank you to.
Speaker 2: David who sent this to me on Twitter and sent me Kelly Dicky's tweet. I didn't see this on Saturday, and I'm glad you sent this to me, so thank you and Kelly Dicky, by the way, is great. I don't know how he has obtained all this information, but any if he doesn't, if you can't tell you off the top of his head, he's got access to records and certainly he's done a lot of research to where like, is this something that they tracker him?
Speaker 3: Because this is crazy.
Speaker 2: I mentioned h I mentioned the three pointers made by Chucky on Saturday, six consecutive in a short amount of time, and he went six for six in the game, and I'm just thinking, like, there's got to like that. That can't be something that's happened very often. And as far as him doing that in that amount of time in a game without a miss, I'm sure there's not a way to track that precisely. But when he made six in a row, that tied a program record as far as three's made in a game without a miss. So Tony Williams, former Louisville Carton, a Louisville native Dawge Dragon, he set the record in an eighty five to sixty two win against Georgia on November twenty sixth of nineteen ninety nine. And then Russ did the same thing against SMU in eighty four to seventy one victory on March fifth, twenty fourteen. So again, like maybe Louisville does have like records to wear, Like I could actually look that up in the media.
Speaker 3: Guide, but I don't think I could.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that's just like he has that information and we just trust him because he's he's at real card game on Twitter and he's he's phenomenal. We're lucky to have him. So yeah, it tied. So three people have now made six consecutive threes without a miss in a game, which is really hard to do. But I'm telling you, I would imagine that Chucky's happened in a quicker amount of time because six, if you go six of nine in the half and you just make six reason a half, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: He shot six, made all six, and I feel like it was.
Speaker 2: You know, in basically the snap of the fingers. All right, it's coffee and company. We are feel about Thorton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety Appreciate you hanging out with us as we take you up until six o'clock, take us with you wherever you go.
Speaker 3: Listen live on the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 2: Also listen live at seven ninety Louisville dot com Nick Coffee. That's me the travel Chief, Austin Montgomery alongside today. And I'm closer to forty than you are. I'll be forty and I guess coming up a little bit over three years. Wow, crazy to think, but yeah, I'll be thirty seven. I'll be thirty seven in July, and then you know I'm getting closer thirty seven. Can I say thirty seven is late thirties, right?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: I like sure, Like thirty six is mid thirties, thirty seven is late thirties.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And for those who who you know understand that reference. That's a throwback from very early on in my days. Here at seven ninety, I was I was working on my bio because they needed a bio for me, like for the website and for basically to give to clients that kind of stuff who you know, didn't know who I was. And I put that I was in my mid twenties and I was twenty seven, almost twenty eight, and my producer at the time.
Speaker 3: I thank him. He was like, come on, man, like you're not in your mid twenties. I'm like, what do you mean.
Speaker 2: It's like you're twenty seven, you're almost twenty eight, Like mid twenty you can't go. You can't get mid twenties past twenty six. And I think he's right. I think he's right. So I'm thirty six. Austin is thirty one, thirty.
Speaker 4: Two, about to be thirty two this year.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you got a long way to go. Me not so much.
Speaker 2: But this is a This is an article from Alpha m dot com, and it's a list of ten things that guys need to have figured out by the time they hit forty.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, I feel like.
Speaker 2: I more than anything when I look at this list. It reminds me that I'm like forty, I'm like thirteen. Like my wife takes care of me, Like I don't have to do a lot of adult stuff, Like our finances always talk to me like I've got this plastic debit card when I need it to, you know, survive, when it comes to fuel form my vehicle and food to eat, it works like I you know, I don't have any I mean, we could be bankrupt, we could be millionaires.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: It's very embarrassing for me to admit. I'm just being honest with you. I'm in the same boat. My wonderful fiance takes care of literally everything. And you know, I actually, over time have realized without me having really any knowledge of it or any work as far as paying bills and checking things and all that. I mean, I don't ever have to have any stress that comes with it. And to my knowledge, we don't have like any real super stressful situations. Not like we're made of money, certainly not that. But like if in fact she is stressed about money, God bless her, she never seems to take it out on me, and she never you know, expresses it. So finances is number one on the list. And you know, if I didn't have my wife, I mean, I'd be lost when it comes to everything in life. But also, like you know, I mean I think I could figure it out, Like I think I could figure out how to pay bills, but like you know, it's something I haven't done in a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, finances is in my strong suit.
Speaker 3: This one is subjective like style.
Speaker 2: So guys need to have style figured out by forty like who knows what like, who knows what style?
Speaker 3: What's not sure?
Speaker 2: I don't think that I have like bad style. But I also am not trying to like be up on the latest style and fashion trends. I mean, are there new style and fashion trends for you know, dudes in their late thirties? Like, I mean, if I have to dress up nice, I have clothes for that. And if I can be casual, I can be casual.
Speaker 3: Here's one thing, though, that is.
Speaker 4: You've got a good casual style. I'm not kissing your ass.
Speaker 5: You appreciate that you you have a I feel like you have a good sense.
Speaker 4: You think you we're matching stuff.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you'll add like a like a nice hoodie vest combo, and I'll you don't like me. I think I've been wearing the same sweatshirt for like a couple of days. I'll come in here with shorts. Sometimes I'm currently not wearing socks. It's serious. Yeah, it's been a laundry week and I have I have yet to well.
Speaker 2: To be fair, we do work in a place that, like, you know, like for what we do, we don't need to be I mean, you you are a man of the people, where sometimes you got to be out in front of a crowd and all that with like the promotion stuff. But I mean for what we're doing right now, I mean we could be naked and it wouldn't matter.
Speaker 5: I mean I'll step out sometimes and my fiance will go, you're wearing that to work? Well, yeah, she's Does Nick dress like that? Does Shannon the dude dress like that? And I'm like, uh, well, I guess not. But you know, we work in the radio. I try to try to be comfortable.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Comfort's key, man. I tell people that all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily mean with like being comfortable and like the clothes you're wearing, but it all matters when it comes to being comfortable. The biggest I think that, you know, I do like to think that you have to have some you know, some ability, some talent to be able to you know, be successful in what this is. But also like if you can be comfortable and just be natural, I mean, that's that is such a huge part of it.
Speaker 5: So Ever, believe in the uh, dress for the job you want, not for the job you have. I've never had. This is probably my only real big big boy job. So everything else is just you got to wear like a re like to vest over it, or you had the chucky cheese uniform out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I've never I've never had a job under any because I used to work the corporate life as well.
Speaker 3: I used to work in software and I enjoy it.
Speaker 2: But you know, it was more like when it's business casual, like our boss wore the same, Like the owner of the company who worked there every day dressed business casual like we all did. So it wasn't as like you would go to certain departments and they're dressing nicer because they're making more money.
Speaker 3: It was all just a cat you know.
Speaker 2: Here, here's one thing that I do find myself not worrying about, but at least being mindful of as best I can as I get older, when it comes to style and fashion. I don't want to ever be the guy dressing like I'm trying to be younger than I am, if that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 2: So like whenever I wear basketball jerseys because I'm obsessed with basketball jerseys, like I'm wearing that when I'm at the pool or at the beach. I'm not wearing that like out and about like it's not you. Yeah, so that you know, I knew as soon as I said not trying to look young. I'm sure people think of the war you were Jerseys clown, so you know, again that's more of like a novelty thing. But I wouldn't even know, like if I'm dressing, like if my style looks because because honestly, like if somebody's in like their early twenties, I mean, I mean, I feel like dudes kind of wear the same kind of stuff. But maybe I'm wrong. I don't know, I don't know. And then the next one here is fitness and diet. I mean, if you're if you're getting to the if you're forty, you know, and you're taking good care of yourself, than hell yeah. But I mean when it comes to because again this is a list of things guys need to have figured out. I think people know by forty what they need to do in order to you know, be healthy or not. And you can be unhealthy and not look like obese or anything like you you know, if you just sure you know. For me, more than anything, I feel like crap if I eat crappy food. It's not necessarily just about you know, and it look. Trust me, I'm not on some crazy health kick eating nothing but you know, fruits and vegetables and all that.
Speaker 3: But like if every meal for me was fast food, I would die.
Speaker 2: I mean I hope I would, but like I would feel awful, like what I indulge in, like a double cheeseburger for McDonald's or even you know food it's not fast food, but like even like restaurants, sit down food, like if i'm you know, if it's if it's you know, a couple of times a week that kind of thing, maybe a few times a week as far as like eating out, whether it be you know, and we don't do fast food a lot, but like sit down restaurants, like we'll go to a Mexican restaurant pretty frequently. We love a good sports bar. We love our nights at Roosters. Like I'm not eating that every day and I'm not eating that food for all three meals. But if I did, I would just feel bad. I would feel like I you know, I feel like I would, you know, just feel unhealthy and gross.
Speaker 5: I tire destroyed two bags of funions right before we went on the air.
Speaker 2: So the small bags, Yeah, okay, that's and those can go pretty quickly. So that's like, I don't I don't judge you on that because like funions, I mean, they're just like their air, you know what I mean, like they you know, so in the.
Speaker 4: Little Little Debbie cupcakes too. It's it's pretty bad, all.
Speaker 2: Right, this one, this one kind of hit me. Self destructive behavior. That's another thing that apparently guys need to have figured out by the time they're forty. It says, you should have grown out of the drinking just to get drunk weekends, the man horror lifestyle, and general irresponsibility, unless that's the kind of person you want to attract while you enter the second half of your existence.
Speaker 3: So wow, yeah, I mean my lifestyle.
Speaker 2: And again the more I look at this, the more I'm looking, the more I am like realizing that they're there's this is a for people not like me, meaning like I'm I'm I'm married and I'm not looking to find somebody in my forties to share life with. So therefore, you know, like, I don't, you know, I don't think I have any self destructive behavior, because if I did that, I'm you know, I would I mean, I don't drink just to get drunk. I mean, although I do like to drink and get drunk, it's I mean, I don't want to say it's my favorite thing to do, but I do enjoy, you know, sitting to my recliner having a few beers.
Speaker 3: Although as I get older, like.
Speaker 2: The getting drunk thing is like like it used to be like we're not like, what are you doing? I don't know getting drunk, Like that's something you'd say when you're, you know, in your early twenties. Like it was just I don't know what's what's happening, but I know I'm getting drunk. Like now, I just kind of end up realizing, oh wow, as I get up to get my fifth beer at the end of the ball game that I'm watching in my recliner, I'm like, oh wow, uh yeah, feeling pretty good. So I don't know when I think of self destructive behavior, I just think of like me wasting my own time and not being productive. Sure, but you as a guy who is now engaged, he popped the question. She said, yes, he's planning a wedding like you. I mean, I feel like you're you're gonna be in the same spot as me by the time you get to my age, when you get closer to forty, because you know by that point life will be different for you.
Speaker 3: You're grown up. Now, you're a big boy.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: So toxic people, it says, life's too short to.
Speaker 2: Hang around people who don't build you up and make you feel awesome again.
Speaker 3: Like, I can't relate.
Speaker 2: Because I don't have any toxic people in my life, at least that I that I think is toxic.
Speaker 3: Like if somebody, I mean again, I can't. This is where I say I can't relate.
Speaker 2: Like if somebody was toxic as far as their energy and they were close with me like they I wouldn't be close with them. Like I don't have time for people that that bring toxicity to my life. I've got you know, I've got two kids. I'm too old for that stuff. Uh, let's see.
Speaker 3: Mental health says men have ignored this for far too long.
Speaker 2: Owning and dealing with your personal baggage is not only healthy, but it'll help to have healthier friendships and relationships too, all right, So that one that one I can relate to. I mean, I feel like I'm pretty I'm pretty good when it comes to mental health.
Speaker 3: Uh, but you know, I.
Speaker 2: Remember about four ish three four years ago, I wasn't and I didn't know why, and I you know, I talked to somebody about it, and it was a game changer for me as far as everything.
Speaker 3: So I bet there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people that have just never been able to like address the fact that you know, mentally they're they're having anxiety or maybe they're like really depressed. I mean, that's an awful thing, but it's life. It happens to a lot of people. So by the time you're forty, I mean, you don't need to be forty, you can no matter how old you are, you should address that. And but yeah, I mean, have you ever like never mind, we'll save it for that's that's not a conversation we need to be having right now. But I was just thinking, like I I mean, I've never even thought until about again, like three year three is years ago, I did have something that happened that left an impact and effect on me that I didn't realize that it did that, if that makes sense. So anyways, not to bore you with the story, but before that moment where I realized something's not right, like I got something going on here, Like I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: This is crazy. I'm worried. Before that.
Speaker 2: I'd never even once in any moment in my life, thought how's my mental health? You know, I just it never it never. I was just a robot, like I was just living life, not overthinking anything. And in a way, I guess it was fun because I didn't know what anxiety was. I didn't know what a panic attack was till I had one. Those things suck. Yeah, so we had one panic attack and you remember it, don't you. Yeah, it's probably a place like you never want to be again, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was It was pretty wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you know, mental health, regardless of a age, is something that you you should you know you should, you should be mindful of and never be afraid to you know. You know, I don't want to say get yourself checked out, but like address it in whatever way you feel comfortable. But there's so many people that are insecure to where they're They just try to be tough.
Speaker 3: They have this.
Speaker 2: Exterior that like they you know, they can't they don't. They would never be mentally weak because they're so strong and it's.
Speaker 5: A male thing, a thing, no doubt, don't be afraid to talk to a therapist. Oh yeah, it'll help, It will help you feel better. I cannot agree more. Definitely agree, all right.
Speaker 2: Last one that I'll get to here on this list, it says sleep, getting good sleep.
Speaker 3: Needs to be a priority.
Speaker 2: We're now we're we're only just now starting to understand what kind of effects neglecting your sleep can have on your physical and mental health. Yeah, I mean, I know how valuable sleep is. Sleep and I just have never got along. Yeah, we've never had a good relationship. Talk about toxicity. My relationship with sleep is the toxic relationship I have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a hate hate relationship.
Speaker 2: Because, uh, I mean, I don't I need something that usually put me to sleep.
Speaker 3: I always have, even since I was a kid, like I was when I started sleeping in my own room.
Speaker 2: You know, like I would lay in bed as a young kid, and like it, I'm sure five minutes would pass, but I felt like five hours and I would just go knock on my parents' door. Mom, Dad, yeah I'm still awake, go to bed, and I would go back and lay down, And you know it's funny here I am thinking I was up all night at like five six years old, but it was probably like thirty minutes and I was just freaking out because I hadn't fallen asleep yet.
Speaker 3: So anyways, fellows, if you're on.
Speaker 2: Your way to forty, those are things apparently that you need to get figured out.
Speaker 4: I get failed all of those.
Speaker 3: You know, No you didn't.
Speaker 2: If you're over forty, maybe you you know, maybe you're feeling, maybe you're thinking, gosh, children, they got to worry about this kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm a grown like you're.
Speaker 2: You're a little more grown and mature and you know, responsible than us that are you know that are not there yet. My quick break will come back, wrap up the four o'clock hour. It is coffee and company. We are feel about Thorntons right here on Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: So, when it comes to the NFL Draft combine that took place last week, it sounds like with Tyler Shuck not only performing well, I mean he I think solidified a lot of the hype that was out there even prior to the combine with you know, just how well he performed. And I was listening to Colin cowhurt on the way in this morning, and they were talking about the quarterbacks in this draft, and obviously cam Wardshao or Sanders are the guys that everybody you know believes is the top two quarterbacks that'll be taken certainly be taken very early, I would imagine, and the other like the fight for the third best quarterback in the draft. Now you know, I guess you know, it depends on where you're looking, but it's gonna come down to Jackson Dartible miss and Tyler Shuck. Which I mean, if that's the case and you're the fourth best quarterback or even the third best quarterback in a draft where one of the storylines in this draft is that the quarterback crop is not loaded, I mean, I guess that means you could still be taken a little bit later than most would be taken. I mean sometimes you you got four quarterbacks taken in the first round.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's happened. So just awesome to.
Speaker 2: See Tyler Shuck really continue to prove that he's a guy that is well I guess he had key can't prove until he's out there on the field, but he's shown enough to where it sounds like some NFL gms may be taken him in the third round, fourth round, which again is very exciting. All right, when it comes to free agent quarterbacks in the NFL, Austin puts your GM have hat on.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Because Sporting News has listed the ten best free agent quarterbacks available, and I'm going to give you five names. You tell me who you're taking of these five. I think I know the obvious answer. And this isn't any order, by the way, but Jamis w Winston, Russell Wilson, Sam Darnold, Aaron Rodgers, Justin Fields.
Speaker 3: I think I know who you're taking. But tell me.
Speaker 5: Sure, Oh yeah, my boys, Sammy Donald, Yeah, Donald Schwarzenegger.
Speaker 3: I would as well.
Speaker 2: But then again, I'm thinking, am I crazy for not taking Rogers? Like Rogers? No, I mean he's stunk, like well, actually he didn't stink. I mean he wasn't Aaron. I mean he wasn't there Aaron Rodgers of old. But like, quarterback play wasn't why the Jets were bad once again. So but I just I don't know, like like, I think he would be a really attractive guy to bring in with, you know, two years, like let's say, like you're in limbo. Like again, if my colts just wanted to cut bait because they realized they made a bad decision with Anthony Richardson and they wanted to get Rogers for you know, a two year deal, I would be all in on it because you know.
Speaker 3: Even if he's not Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: At his very best, he's way better than any quarterback we've had in a long time. Because or maybe he actually has hit a wall and he stinks.
Speaker 5: Now I don't know, I think I personally think that he's hit a wall. He's he's forty one, he's egotistical, he's yeah, but again, injury history.
Speaker 3: Those things.
Speaker 2: Again, like the reason you wouldn't take him for sure would be, I guess somewhat age, but also just because yeah, who wants to deal with that guy? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So like that's a factor too.
Speaker 2: But like, let's imagine he wasn't Rogers, right, sure, I mean I guess he's not.
Speaker 3: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, he is injury prone and he's not somebody that like, I don't know, he was so good in Green Bay for all those years, Like I remember, I mean, I never I've never liked Rogers, even before it became like the cool thing to do to not like Aaron Rodgers. I just always thought he was smug and you know, just just an a hole. But I always thought he was so good. Yeah, and he was, And I guess just now you know he's not. Somebody will take him though.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I mean I got him definitely. Out of all the quarterbacks you mentioned, I'll put him right behind Sam Donald. I guess I'll have the Vikings bias. But Sam Donald is you know, a former first round pick. He's still relatively young. I feel like he's went through the rehabilitation process of spending one year under Kyle Shanahan in that system and kind of working everything out. Last year of Minnesota he had the two disastrous games to end the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to me, he's the obvious choice.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And so let's let's remove Darnald and Rogers. If you could only take one of these three, Justin Fields, Russell Wilson, or Jameis Winston.
Speaker 4: Prob I'm going to Justin Fields.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, has he ever looked good though in the NFL, because like he was able to, I mean, he didn't he never actually.
Speaker 4: A system Last year which caused him to win what four or five games?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was, but I feel like even when they were winning, it wasn't because of him, although he did actually at times have some decent games with the Bears, they just stunk right like he actually but again maybe that's just him balling out for a bad team because they're getting beat by three scores or something.
Speaker 4: So floundered at the end for the Steelers there too, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think Jameis Winston, like I would take him over Russell, wouldn't you at this point.
Speaker 3: Like Jamis to me, he just got to you. Hope he doesn't do too.
Speaker 2: Much bad Jamis, But like he's he's been good enough a lot in his career. But again he's also had like he's been consistent about his entire career as far as just like, oh no, that's the one disastrous mistake you couldn't make.
Speaker 5: I feel like he's a great locker room guy for sure, So I would have I would have him probably over Russell Westbrook for that, maybe over.
Speaker 3: Justin Wilson, not Westbrook.
Speaker 2: I always that dude. I did that forever. I did that for so long. An it's tough anytime I would talk about Russell Wilson, I would say Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 4: Hell, give me Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 2: All right, so all right, so these guys, I wouldn't be shocked if these guys are picked up by anybody to be a starter.
Speaker 3: Maybe they end up as a backup, or maybe they don't play at all.
Speaker 2: But this is sort of the bottom of the barrel as far as available free agent quarterbacks who have been starters before, like for a full season, Mac Jones, Jimmy g Carson Wentz, and Zach Wilson.
Speaker 3: All terrible. Right, Well, yeah, I'd probably go Jimmy G. I probably.
Speaker 5: I think Jimmy G's I think he's probably cooked. I'm done, I'm done seeing what I can for.
Speaker 3: But who's not cooked? Carson Wentz is cookedn't he?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: I take surprisingly, I would take especially if it were my team, the Vikings, they wanted to do something, I would be interested in opening that uh opening that uh damn it?
Speaker 4: What's his name? The BYU quarterback?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: Oh Wilson Wilson.
Speaker 5: I was thinking of my momson. Yeah, oh, absolutely, yeah, that helps him. They called him Mormon my homes coming, dude.
Speaker 3: I forgot he is. He even in the NFL.
Speaker 5: He's still in the NFL. Who did you play for last year? What didn't you play for? He played for the Broncos, right, that's right, Yeah, by the Broncos.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right. Yeah, he was with the Jets for a few years.
Speaker 2: And you know, but again, I some guys are I mean, darnold. It may be the best example of like, you really shouldn't hold it against guys who play for the Jets.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, it's like maybe Rogers ends up somewhere in like is really good. You never know. All right, let's get to a quick break.
Speaker 2: We've got another hour to go, five o'clock hour coming up next game day.
Speaker 3: Louisville and col tonight.
Speaker 2: I can't lie and act like they're an exciting opponent, but at least they're different. They're new, we don't I mean, I'd be willing to bet they've never played against Louisville here in Louisville before.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's true or not, but we're just gonna act like it is.
Speaker 2: All right, keep it locked right here on Sports Talk seven ninety