Speaker 1: The Dodgers are starting their road trip in Houston, and I'm joined by yesterday zero, one of the newest Dodgers, Nick Ahmed. Nick, thanks a lot for the time, straight out of the cold, tough.
Speaker 2: For this, Yeah, just fitting it in and talk with you.
Speaker 3: It feels good to be part of this organization and take a take an end of this road trip.
Speaker 2: You know, we got a great team here. Excited to be part of it.
Speaker 3: Nick.
Speaker 1: There's always new dynamics when you join a team, but to do it the way you did it, it's got to feel good and make things a little easier when you delivered the way you did yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: You know anytime you jump to a new team, you want to contribute and help. Spend a long time on one spot, but two teams this year and hopefully take this team into the playoffs and we do some damage in October.
Speaker 1: What's it like being teammates with some of the players that you played against for so many years.
Speaker 3: There's some familiarity for sure, just playing against this group and you know, seeing and competing against them from across the field, which makes it a.
Speaker 2: Little bit more comfortable for me. And just a great group of guys here.
Speaker 3: Everybody's been welcoming and gray so far and extremely helpful to help me get settled in. So excited to be a part of a great team and some great individual players, but I think an even better team.
Speaker 1: Usually you don't need dat a home run to be welcome by a team, but to hit a home run in that spot yesterday, I'm sure it broke the ice in a big way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so, especially against the Giants, a division rival, and helping us to take the series from them.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of funny yesterday.
Speaker 1: Can you describe the feeling you had yesterday at Dodgers Stadium rounding the bases after you hit that home run?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean the last two and a half weeks has been crazy for me, getting let go by the Giants and then you know, really not getting any phone calls for a long time and just being like, hey.
Speaker 2: Is this gonna happen at some point?
Speaker 3: And then the Dodgers called late Tuesday night and we got it done and flew out Wednesday morning.
Speaker 2: It's just been a crazy few days.
Speaker 3: And to be able to play the Giants and face a team that just released you and hit a game running homer only God can read a.
Speaker 2: Script like that.
Speaker 1: Nick I met is our guest in front of first pitch in Houston. Everybody keeps asking me, how did you stay ready for those two weeks? How did you stay ready?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: The first few days, it was just take care of my body, you know, get in the gym, get with my physical therapist, and make sure my body was healthy, knowing that the opportunity would come, and just wanted to make advantage take advantage of that physically.
Speaker 2: And then it was just getting in the cage working.
Speaker 3: I made some good adjustments actually right before I got released by.
Speaker 2: The Giants, so I feel like my swing was in a good spot.
Speaker 3: I didn't have to go make any swing changes or overhaul is just continue to work on what I was doing and then just kind of simulated, you know, at bats as best I could. With the guy throwing to me, Danny Lutz down in Arizona, big help for me. He was just throwing fastball, breaking ball, and simulated at bats, and we were just doing situational stuff too, so as best I could without facing a picture I was.
Speaker 2: I was staying locked in.
Speaker 1: Well, whatever you were doing, it worked, continued success. Great to have you on the Dodgers and we look forward to this road trip with you awesome.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me