Speaker 1: All right, this segment is brought to you by the greatness of Hurtado Barbecue, some of the best barbecue could ever have in your entire life.
Speaker 2: Our buddy, Brandon Hurtato.
Speaker 1: They have locations in Mansfield, Arlington, and Fort Worth, two locations at Globelife Field, and then now they have one in Dallas. So if you're in the two one four nine seven two you can enjoy her Tatle Barbecue arguably the best barbecue in the history of barbecue, and it is at the Dallas Farmers Market. Brandon Hurtado's family recipes. They're spit on Mexicue. It is amazing. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Good listeners, here comes kt fun tweets. We're the round. Now let's go around the sports.
Speaker 1: Kt fu queets has all the sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, the MAVs played last night. We get to the cowboy stuff in a second. Mass played last night in San Antonio and they won. They ran out their few eyes and they went out and fought hard, got the dub.
Speaker 2: It's a good job maps.
Speaker 4: I felt pretty confident they would split in San Antonio.
Speaker 2: Yeah you called that.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just San Antonio is in a weird place. Mavericks obviously in a weird place. And man, uh Clay Thompson was elated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like he was elated.
Speaker 4: So we did uh we did the TV interview with Kessler Edwards because he had a career.
Speaker 2: High in points and rebounds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so Clay was doing the radio interview here on the Eagle with Chuck and DeMars. And because of the way san Antonio sat up usually.
Speaker 2: That's like in the back.
Speaker 4: He was at the scores table and you know, had the headset on and he was actually sitting in a chair, and so I just I was done. So I just kind of stood there and watched him. And when he finished the radio interview, he took his headset, jumped up and pumped both fists.
Speaker 2: It's like they lost five in a row.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Those guys don't want to wear that. I was. I was hope and for a loss.
Speaker 1: I want them to lose every game, but you can it's impossible not to respect the hell out of that. Watching that game, it's like a win win either way because I want them to get the best.
Speaker 2: Draft position they can, so I want them to lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but how can you not cheer for those guys, like somehow they are so resilient and they compete their asses off. And this idea of tanking, it has nothing to do with players. It's it's a fantasy land, it's a video game. The coaches are playing for new contracts, the players are playing for contracts. They're competitors. They get out there on the floor, they don't want anybody to beat them. And they've lost now several games in a row. So that was impressive. Man, it was I want the best draft position possible. But dude, I was excited for the MAVs and excited for some of those dudes who really stepped up. And Klay Thompson was talking about, Man, I'm staying in Dallas. I've got a couple more years of my deal, and I still am dreaming about you know us, I can't.
Speaker 2: I'm paraphrasing.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, the injuries have been awful, but I still have our team. I still believe in this franchise. I'm here for two more seasons after this, so I'd love to help them return to glory that they, you know, were brought to in twenty eleven. And like hearing it, someone say something nice about the Dallas Mavericks.
Speaker 2: Pretty refreshing because you're hearing much.
Speaker 4: That's the same article where he was talking about Kyrie coming back. Is that the one in the Athletic.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure, man, I know he did, like the big interview like around the Locker two or whatever.
Speaker 4: Christian Clark wrote a thing for The Athletic about Clay relating to Kyrie's situation because he went through it. Yeah, and you know, and I saw that quote in that and that piece. But I if you the thing that's tough for me is like I would be all on board with them losing the remainder of their games and getting like the tenth or ninth to pick or whatever. I'd be happy with that scenario because the alternative is, you know, I mean, they don't have Kyrie, so they're not going to go on a championship run.
Speaker 2: They're just not right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the one thing I would say is that if I thought there was a chance that Anthony Davis was coming back this year, I would say go for it, because if you have Gafford, Lively, Anthony Davis, Washington and all those guys, you could you could win some like you could get to the playoffs and maybe even win a series. Maybe, But if you're not gonna have any of those other guys back, you're just probably gonna lose the opening game of the play in you'll be the tenth seed on the road, probably at Sacramento. And even if this group of guys hangs together, keep in mind, Kessler Edwards has five games left, that's it. Brandon Williams I think has ten, but I'm not one hundred percent sure.
Speaker 2: And he's got to be healthy too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And Ky Jones, I think they're just hanging on to right now. I saw him running.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, right, So if they don't play him, they get to retain him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's it's when you're on two way contracts, you have a certain number I think you can play fifty games, and it's and it's actually it's game that you're like, you don't necessarily have to play, but you're suited up and eligible to play, right, right, And so he's Kessler only has five left, Brandon Williams, I think they has ten.
Speaker 2: And then ky Jones.
Speaker 4: Was like pro rated because of the so he had eleven games total.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I think they have seventeen left. Eight down, yeah.
Speaker 1: Boy, I'm this is just I just want to hit the reset button and move forward to next year.
Speaker 2: There's been so much.
Speaker 1: Heartbreak and heartache, and I mean, it's just like this is the lost season and so I don't know of getting to the playoffs and then getting hammered is going to be good. But I respect the hell out of the guys for fighting and competing.
Speaker 2: I respect the.
Speaker 1: Coaches, the players, everybody and everybody who is an employee a part of the mass franchise. I get it, man, keep fighting your asses off and competing. For me, just fanboy, I'm like, all right, you have your draft pick this year, you have your draft pick next year, and then you don't have them, so like, god, this is gonna this is just really you know, the trade has expedited the window so much to where it was like, all right, I think we can be good with Luca for ten to twelve years. I could be wrong on that, but if you make this trade, you can be really good for two or three years. And now losing Kyrie, it's like, okay, so now you have a year and a half when no, and so I'm just like, man, I just want as many young assets as possible, and it's just has just been a really really trying It's just like I don't think I can't remember the last time I was sports depressed. I think that I'm sports depressed. So a win absolutely helps in a lot of ways. It's it's really good for everything. But I'm just hoping for the best possible draft.
Speaker 3: Sure Cowboys fan, though, it's hard to be depressed in your Cowboys fan. Who had the second most sacks for the Cowboys last year, that's.
Speaker 2: Correct, five and a half sacks, second most.
Speaker 3: He signed with the Giants today, three at twenty Mike are tweeted it with like oh Man type thing.
Speaker 2: He didn't have, like a dove buddy. He was gonna hope it.
Speaker 3: He'd come back play little defensivevan play little defense tackle both. So he's gone, but you know whatever. The cow was just signed. Let's see here, what did they do? They signed a guy named Peyton Turner. He was a first runder in twenty twenty one for one year at three million dollars.
Speaker 2: Is he a cornerback because I don't know.
Speaker 3: He's a defensive ends. He's a pass rusher and he's not very good.
Speaker 2: They don't have any cornerback.
Speaker 3: They don't have any corners. But we wouldn't need that position. You know, I don't need that position anymore.
Speaker 4: A lot of changes in the league. Yeah, play like eleven linebackers.
Speaker 2: You need that one.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's it's true, you would need it. Let's see two sacks last year for Peyton Turner. Again not very good, but three million one year.
Speaker 2: Who cares? Did Mazzie Smith have two sacks last year? I don't know, man, I had it pulled up a minute ago.
Speaker 3: But he's not even in the game on third down most times.
Speaker 4: So you know, did he claps the pocket and get a couple of sacks?
Speaker 2: Probably not, Christina, probably not. We're saying that he didn't. Oh you know what, I'm gonna do this one and a half for he Hey, right, one and a half. This is some fan content. The Rangers are gonna be good though. One sack for Mazzie Okay, here's a that's a half a sack.
Speaker 3: It's like if two guys get in there and then those touch tips on the that's one ball, two guys, one sack.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Turping back three years at eighteen million, all right, six million a year for a guy they don't use an offense a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't want to use him on offense. He's he's he's made out of balsa wood. He's like five foot one. I I think he's a great returner, but I get nervous. They sometimes they throw him out there like he's a real receiver and I'm like, he's five to one.
Speaker 2: What what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Is your last head coach as an idiot who like to send him down the field like he's as ran a slant route to him, he took it to the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they never ran another slant route all year, like what he uh, I don't know that was.
Speaker 4: He was the catalyst for really several funny moments this year on NFL broadcast where we sat.
Speaker 2: Down the with uh you know whoever.
Speaker 4: We sat down with Siriano and he said he's really worried about Dallas's return game.
Speaker 1: Right, that's what the other coaches and so we talked to the coach. He's worried about the Cowboys long snapper. They feel like he's really got the ability to put it right in your shot pocket.
Speaker 3: They're not acting like a team whose owners in his early eighties and really wants to win.
Speaker 2: A super Bowl, but you know, maybe all the teams are spending.
Speaker 1: Money right now or Rangers and Stars, Rangers and Stars, Yex.
Speaker 2: Rangers, Dallas Stars.
Speaker 3: That's what we look forward to, FC Dell. We'll be out an opening day on the twenty seventh. Hop to see everyone out there. Let's go if I can officially say that, but yes, that's probably happening.
Speaker 2: It's happening. The show will go on now. Okay, thank you, Kevin. That's a good drop.
Speaker 1: Moving forward to coming up next, the only segment of the day that shan't be podcasted. It's the Today Game. You've got to hear it live. The weekly weekday update coming up after that. The Rangers have a hat that's gone viral. All that's coming your way next