Speaker 1: Your morning news, getting ready for work, and all day in fault and check in throughout the day. Fifty five krc D Talk Station eight oh five and fifty five krc DE Talk Station Extra Special Wednesday got the Big Picture with Jack Avdan, the legal advice from Steve Gooden, and now we get to hear from listener favorite Congressman Thomas Massey. Welcome back to the fifty five krc Morning Show, my friend. It's always my distinct pleasure to have you on the program.
Speaker 2: Great to be on the show with you here from the swamp. It's actually snowing here in the swamp.
Speaker 1: Well, nobody's going into the office for work anymore, so the traffic was really light. Yeah, I imagine. I think that's I think.
Speaker 2: That's because the federal employees quit instead of showing up for work.
Speaker 1: That may be that, yes, and there'd be more than they are going to be quitting soon or losing their situation if Donald Trump has its way, before we get to eliminating the Department of Education, real quick here, let's get it out of the way, because people are asking you have any consideration running for Mitch McConnell's seat. No, okay, I tell people.
Speaker 2: It's it's the same circus with different clowns. Like I could literally see the Senate side here from my office, and I have no desire to go over there.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, We're just we're happy that you were there in elected capacity, just keeping an eye on things and at least speaking truth to power, because you're good at doing that. All right, let's start with it. But there was. But I did see a poll yesterday and said, I'm already in second place.
Speaker 2: So i'my shippy about that.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: Daniel Cameron and the lead. You know, he was our governor primary winner, so yeah, like, hey.
Speaker 1: I'll take it that way. Place. It's not bad for not even getting in the race. Yeah, hat's not even in the ring and you're still running in the second place. That's great. All right. Can we eliminate the Department of Education. I know they just canceled a one hundred million dollar DEI contract, and that in and of itself is bad, But you got what eight hundred and eighty one million dollars in contracts coming into the Department of Education. I guess I have to ask, maybe perhaps a rhetorical question, what the hell is the Department of Education? Really doing to educate our children. That's a great question.
Speaker 2: There are four thousand bureaucrats at the Department of Education making an average of one hundred.
Speaker 1: Thousand dollars a piece per year. That is that's money.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's three thousand counties in the United States and we've got four thousand bureaucrats. So every county could get another school teacher and you could pay one hundred thousand dollars a year if you just take all the money that's being wasted in DC, not to mention the money that's being misdirected by the Department of Education. Less than ten percent of K through twelve education is funded by the federal Department of Education. Yet at least half of the bureaucracy at the state and local level is caused by the Department of Education. You would have more money for teaching children if you just gave it to the states or let the states keep it.
Speaker 1: That's why I introduced HR. Eight ninety nine.
Speaker 2: It's I think it's the shortest bill in Congress, Like it's one sentence long. I found the problem is my colleagues all they do is read the title.
Speaker 1: They don't read the bill.
Speaker 2: So I made a bill whose text was about as short as the title.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: It says, on December thirty first, twenty twenty six, the Department of Education shall terminate.
Speaker 1: That is the whole bill. Oh, that's beautiful, we're keeping it simple. Stupid. Yeah, well, you know, you know, you could call it that. The bill could be called that.
Speaker 2: The only complaint I've got is people want to know. Yeah, why we have to wait till twenty twenty six. Now, in all seriousness, there are a lot of things at the Department of Education. People say, well, what would you do with these things if the Department of Education cease to exist? So, for instance, student loans could go to treasury. Treasury could manage student loans. Sure, hopefully we're going to have people pay them back. The other question that you get is, well, what about head Start?
Speaker 1: Well, guess what.
Speaker 2: Head Start ain't even in the Department of Education. Head Start is under the under HHS. And then they say, well, what about the school lunch program? Don't you care about the school lunch program? The school lunch program is under the USDA. So all of the stuff that people care about that they think the Department of Education does, they don't even do, so, get rid of it.
Speaker 1: Get rid of it. Yeah, I don't think anybody be any worse for work, except for the employees that are making fat salaries for probably doing nothing more than propagandizing our young people. Well, and I don't know. I don't want to ask how old you are, Brian. I'll be Busie sixty in September.
Speaker 2: Okay, sixty, So you're six years older than me. You made it to the tenth grade before there was a Department of education?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I made it to the fourth grade before there was the department of education. Like, how did you how did you even learn to read? Brian? Without a department of education? I asked the same question out loud about all these you know, grand and glorious complexes that you're building, these huge uh stadiums and and and huge, massive luxury filled buildings, kind of like colleges are now on a high school level. And I think to myself, you know, I remember taking classes in a trailer parked outside Della High Junior High School, and you know we still managed to get and learn our health class and that kind of thing. So you know, you don't need all the bills and whistle the same thing goes for the the pay course stadium. Do you need a disco ball in your locker room to get a game played? I mean, do you need anything more than just a locker and a shower? The answer is obviously no. Anyway, moving over, I had an idea I raised with Senator Ran Paul yesterday and I kind of want to bounced it off you. Considering what DOGE is doing ferreting out the fraudwatent abuse, or at least providing us with great illustration of where our hard earned labor turned into tax dollars is going. Can we take those seven thousand irs agents and use them as auditors of the various departments to assist in this important work.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I'm not sure that all of them got hired yet or they're all on probation. Probably redirect all of that effort into something useful. And you use the words waste, fraud and abuse. That used to be a bipartisan term.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: You could get up and give a speech and say we've got to find the waste, fraud and abuse. And you could give that speech at the county level, the state level, or the federal level, and nobody could tell if you were a Republican or a Democrat. But now Democrats are on the side of waste fraud abuse. They're literally advocating for waste fraud abuse because they are so upset about Doge and Elon Musk, one of the smartest men in the world, find government waste, fraud and abuse.
Speaker 1: Well, I got a big kick of not his initial statement, but Democratic Representative Quisium Fume went on a rant the other day talking about a street fight, you know, the party that says we shouldn't be violent, And then he had to have his spokesman come out and explain what he meant by that, part of which included wanting to ferret out fraud, waste and abuse, which I'm like, hold on, you can't reconcile these two things, you know, he says. Congresson and Bumi supports many of the things that makement run better, including ending cost overruns of the Department Defense, tackling the underworld of fraud and improper payments associated with government spending, and establishing a scorecard within agencies which measures their ability to curb waste. Oh, that's why he's angry about what Elon Musk is doing.
Speaker 2: Well, and listen a lot of this stuff. The courts are already trying to stop Trump.
Speaker 1: From doing forty nine lawsuits so far.
Speaker 2: You know, the and people have asked me, why don't you impeach these judges? That's certainly one of the solutions. Mike Lee is talking about limiting their jurisdiction for national injunctions, and that's another solution. But those are efforts that take lots of votes in the Senate. For instance, to impeach a judge, you need sixty seven votes in the Senate. You're not going to get Democrats to impeach Democrat judges. And then the other things require massive change as to our judicial system.
Speaker 1: What we need to do.
Speaker 2: Is every time that Doge finds waste fraud abuse and every time Donald Trump moves to eliminate it, we need to introduce a bill that does the same thing. And then we have a process here in Congress. It's an expedited process called reconciliation that deals with spending, where you only need fifty one votes in the Senate to pass it. We should be putting everything that Doge finds into this big reconciliation bill you might be hearing about on the news.
Speaker 1: Every one of those things should go into reconciliation.
Speaker 2: That's the bill that can pass the Senate with fifty one votes and pass the House with two hundred and eighteen votes. Instead, all they're fixated on in this reconciliation bill are tax cuts. Now, tax cuts are great, but if you cut taxes and increase spending, or cut taxes and fail to cut spending, yeah, you're going to get some economic growth from cutting taxes, but not enough to make up for all of the lost revenue to the government. We need to cut spending when we cut taxes. One way to do that is to take all of these DOGE recommendations and put them in this big spending bill they're calling a reconciliation bill.
Speaker 1: What's the hold up, Congressman. This sounds like a brilliant idea. My colleagues just are not serious about this.
Speaker 2: I mean, the reason DOGE is getting stuff done is it's one person. As soon as you get a committee, it gets almost impossible. And then when you give FO one hundred and thirty five people involved, it's almost astronomically impossible to try and get something done.
Speaker 1: Well, there in lines the challenge. I mean, you know I'm going to have Judseph Paul Tunnell on the next segment, and he and I both agree we are not big fans of the Imperial Presidency because we appreciate what the founding fathers put together by way of checks and balances. But if Congress doesn't ever do anything and continues fiddling while Rome is burning, then it invites that type of behavior.
Speaker 2: Well, I tweeted this a few days ago that Doge is on a collision course with the Uniparty, and the Uniparty still runs Congress.
Speaker 1: You know, I know people don't like me to speak.
Speaker 2: Ill of another Republican, but Mike Johnson is still a spokesperson for the Uniparty.
Speaker 1: This hasn't been resolved yet. There is a collision.
Speaker 2: Course between the Uniparty and Doge coming up. And I don't think Elon Musk suffer any fools and when he finds out, my colleagues here just are not serious about cutting spending. In fact, I think we're going to have an omnibus bill that's going to fund USAID.
Speaker 1: I'm going to make a prediction on your show.
Speaker 2: The government funding that it was due September of last year.
Speaker 1: It's for this fiscal year.
Speaker 2: It's been kicked down the road twice, the can has and it's ended up in March. And in March they are going to probably pass an omnibus bill here. I won't be voting for it. It is most likely going to include all the USA ID stuff that Elon Musk is trying to stop or has identified, and Trump is trying to stop.
Speaker 1: So I'm interested to see.
Speaker 2: What happens when those two things collide. When you have my colleagues here in Congress, when you have Mike Johnson stand up and say.
Speaker 3: Well, we got to put all this stuff this USAID in here to get these Democrat votes or else they won't vote for it, and the fiscal concern it is won't vote for it, and we got to avoid a shutdown. So we got to fund all this stuff.
Speaker 1: No, waite for it, wait for it.
Speaker 2: The best they can do is hide it so that the news doesn't report on it. They're going to try to have some kind of weapon of mass distraction going on when they pass this omnibus in March.
Speaker 1: Let's pause, we'll bring back Congress from Massy. Maybe we'll have some good news to talk about. Come back from this brief break. Hang around upright back This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio Stage twenty You thick about KRCD talk station Brian Thomas with Congressman Thomas Massey one of the few good ones sad news about the Omnimus bill. The anticipates, but what do we expect? I think it was Senator ram Paul yesterday on the program Congress from Massy. Oh by the way, judging of PAULA Tana is listening right now. Oh great, and he's waving so I can see him looking forward to having him on the program next. And you know love that man. I know he loves you too. Got a mutual love fest here among the three of US. Senator Rampaul, I think it was him who mentioned that beyond the what eight hundred and fifty billion dollars we got going to the American military, they're going to increase military spending even though they can't pass their own damn on. It's like seven or eight times in a row. I mean, I hope does just comes unleashed on the defense spending. Not that I'm against depending on America's military. I'm a huge support of the American veterans in the American military. But eight hundred and fifty billion dollars. You know, there has got to be a just outrageous amount in there.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got family members that serve in the military. Nearly everybody does or has the best friend that serves in the military, and they can all tell you about waste fraud abuse there, especially these government contracts. I have a friend who works for the government, and it's his job, he's an engineer to review government contracts to look for waste fraud abuse.
Speaker 1: Believe it or not, this already exists within our government.
Speaker 2: Now, what happens every time he finds, like a jar lid, we're paying ten thousand dollar dollars to Lockheed Martin is They tell him, well, Lockheed Martin's the only one that can make this jar lid. He's like, no, you can make these for like fifty cents, but if you just make one, it would still be like fifty dollars or five hundred dollars, not ten thousand dollars. And they're sorry, it's you know, we got to buy it from Lockheed Martin. So there's all kinds of waste fraud abuse in the military. And I've heard a theory and I like this theory that DOGE is just sort of warming up on USAID and some of these other institutions that are full of waste fraud abuse, so that when they get to one of the most revered institutions in the United States, which is our military, they will have credibility to go after some of this stuff.
Speaker 1: I got it well by revealing the low hanging fruit, you know, like the shrimp on treadmills, or you know LGBTQ support groups in you know, some Middle Eastern country, and you're scratching your head, going what sesame Street and Iran? Anyhow, no one except the insane Democrats who are kind of trying to defend this to some degree, no one can defend it. We are uniformly against this outrageous expenditure. So you broadcast it to the world. You realize, you point out the American taxpayer where all their money is going, and you gain a lot of support. So I share with you your enthusiasm that that's what's going on now. It's a good marketing tool and a step in the right direction. There's a line.
Speaker 2: There's a line item I want them to look at. If somebody is listening to this radio show, it's called OKO Overseas Contingency Operations, and this is where they always stuck all the stuff that they couldn't stuff into the military line item because there was some kind of cap, so they called it OCO. And that's where a lot of the Afghanistan waste was and still is.
Speaker 1: The Special Inspector.
Speaker 2: General for Afghan Reconstruction John sopco that man has found so much waste for aud abuse. So it's kind of like every time they find something, I'm like, yeah, we were talking about that for five years ago, ten years ago on the Brian Thomas show.
Speaker 1: Glad you finally found it. Amen, how about the well, pick your topic, repealing double tax on Social Security? Of that, okay, grab that one. Then yeah, I want to talk about this bill.
Speaker 2: So when you pay into Social Security, it's not like a four to one K. They actually take taxes out of the money before it goes into Social Security, unlike a four oh one K. And then when you get paid, let's say, retire, and you get money back from Social Security if you if you make over, like if you're income total income I think is twenty five thousand individually or thirty three thousand jointly. If it's over that certain amount, you start paying taxes on it at an insane marginal rate on your Social Security payments, So you're paying tax on it twice.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: When they instituted this in nineteen eighty four, they said we're going to tax the rich, and they set those numbers. And in nineteen eighty four, if you had thirty three thousand dollars a year in retirement, you might have been considered rich.
Speaker 1: But that ain't the case these days.
Speaker 2: So probably at least half of people who receive Social Security are paying tax on it. And it discourages anybody from getting another job or investing their own money and making returns on it. And so what Trump has proposed this but I've been introducing this bill for twelve years, so I'm glad to see Trump came out in favor of it. And frankly, I can't take credit for it. I did R and D to come up with this bill. I ripped off and duplicated. That's what R and D stands for here in Congress. I r indeed a Ron Paul bill which gets rid of that second tax.
Speaker 1: You don't even have to report your Social Security income.
Speaker 2: If this bill passes now here's I think this is a sign from God when I go down and introduce the bill in the hopper in Congress, just to sign the HR numbers serially, And just one day I got it in my head, I'm going to go introduce this bill today. And I said, what's the next HR number? And they said ten forty. My tax bill is HR ten forty.
Speaker 1: That's great, So we need.
Speaker 2: HR ten forty, not ten forty easy, We need HR ten forty.
Speaker 1: HR ten forty sounds like the wise, prudent and extremely logical thing to do. But something tells me, given the prior comments you met about your cohorts up there, they're not going to be in favor of it. Congressman Thomas Massey, God bless you, sir. Keep up the fantastic work, and if you're able to fifty five KRSE dot com stream the conversation I'm gonna have next with Judge Enninopolitana, who is of course a huge fan of yours. Well, everybody who's a senior.
Speaker 2: Whenever you're doing taxes in April and you're ten forty, remember call your congressman and ask them to support HR ten forty.
Speaker 1: Amen, tell the judge I said, Hi, you just did yourself. Thank you, brother. We'll talk again real soon. Stay well. A twenty six coming up at eight twenty seven, Coming up a judge add Anapolitano waiting in the wings. He is, I'll be right back. Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: This