Speaker 1: Show time is here.
Speaker 2: No time to fear.
Speaker 1: Corilla is so near because show time is here. So on with the show. Let's give it a go. Carrilla is the one that you need to know now is show sign.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: In just sixty seconds? The most fabulous I mean he's really something. The best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, bigly. And he's funny, this guy. Have you heard him? Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere. He's almost here. I know he doesn't speak well of me, and that's okay, because I mean, he's really quite fabulous.
Speaker 5: I was so sad. Well, if you're looking at the news, you see it's just a whirlwind, cavalcade of NonStop badness, which means only one thing. And I'm going to tell you what that is. Also, today's a special day. I'm gonna tell you why. Don't go anywhere uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged.
Speaker 2: It's the courel Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 3: It is the cral Cast.
Speaker 5: I am carel Happy Tuesday, April eighth, So glad you're joining me later in the day today. That's the beauty of well not having a job. I can go live whenever I need to. And of course, this morning, as some of you know, I was off having an MRI where the lady infiltrated a vein trying to get in the contrast blew it out, and now I have a large bubble of blood under my arm. So it's the rice method, which is is what is it? Rest ice, compression and elevate. I'm not going to stand here with my arm up for the whole show, however, So today is how do I say this? I reached a breaking point yesterday and I want to make a show about it today.
Speaker 3: And part of that.
Speaker 5: Breaking point was gotten to after a conversation with my friend DJ Valentino Rose here in Las Vegas, which you should be listening to on Friday nights.
Speaker 3: And you know, I think, how do I say this?
Speaker 5: My situation with my medical anxiety plays into what's going on in the world, and I think we could all learn a lesson from the place I got to yesterday when it comes to dealing with the current administration. Republicans on the Hill are starting to fight back against him. The tariffs are not a good idea. You know, it's going to cause all of us a lot of pain, not just a little. And now he's gone up to one hundred and four percent tariff on things from China, which means just about everything. Now he's using these tariffs as a blackmail, a negotiating tool because he's not a politician. He's a grifter. And this is the only way that grifters know how to do business. Get leverage on someone and then you can get what you want out of them. Well, that's what he's trying to do with the rest of the world. Get leverage and then dictate his terms to the entire world. That's what dictators do. And he is certainly on his way to becoming a pseudo or quaalsi dictator. And you know, we've got the Supreme Court upholding the Aliens Act from like what eighteen twelve ors something I forget when so they allow him to deport people under that Act. But the caveat is they have to inform the people first and give them right to habeas corpus.
Speaker 3: They can't just snatch them and take them away and then say you get a lawyer.
Speaker 5: But we know he doesn't listen to the courts, even the Supreme and so we have that. We have the tariffs, we have the stock market basically crashing. We have so many things happening that are not good. And if you follow this barrage of media, it can really raise your anxiety level. Now, anxiety is something I know a lot about, Okay, And I got to a place.
Speaker 3: Yes, there was.
Speaker 5: An incompetent radiology tech. Yes, So I have been living under the specter of als a terminal illness ever since last March when I got a shingles vaccine. The vaccine gave me muscle festiculations, put me in the hospital with meningitis, and ever since being released from the hospital, been working with a neurologist to find out if the fasciculations are just benign or if they're a symbol of something else. So I've had a brain scan today for MS or other brain things. I had a throat scan, i had an incompetent radiology tech. I've had electro muscle grams, I've had nerve conduction studies. But more importantly, every day I wake up wondering is today the day that ultimate symptom will appear and suddenly all know that I'm dying within two years.
Speaker 3: That's a lot to live with.
Speaker 5: That's a lot to every day wake up under the specter of a terminal illness. That's a lot, especially when you may not have it, when ninety five percent certainty you don't have.
Speaker 3: It, It's a lot.
Speaker 5: And then yesterday my tongue got a little scalloped on the outside and I didn't know what it was, and I looked it up, and there's some disease called AMLI doses amylod amilidosis. It's a build up of proteins. It kills you faster than MS. So yesterday afternoon I literally sat here in the house from two o'clock till five o'clock basically crying, thinking that I either had one terminal illness or another one all from the shop. And finally my brain couldn't take anymore. Finally, after months of this, I reached a point where I said, I can't, I can't. This is no way to live, even if you're dying, this is no way to live. You've got to let some of this anxiety over health, even though it's real and there are real symptoms and real things going on. You have to let some of that anxiety go. And I thought about that in relation to how you are feeling about the country. You know today, this background is my new album. My new single Do You Want to Funk? Is out right now. You can go to any place you stream music iTunes, Spotify, wherever, Amazon Music, wherever you stream music, type in my name. Please do this Karl Correl and do you Want to Funk?
Speaker 3: F U n K?
Speaker 5: Go play one of the seven mixes available. Buy it for two ninety nine on iTunes. Today is a very special day for me. I have a single out on a label, and yet I let the anxiety of my health or my worry over my health. My health is fine. I'm walking, I'm exercising, I'm eating. You know, It's not like I'm laying around an invalid.
Speaker 3: You know. My health is pretty okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've got some trembles and my muscles are twitching, but.
Speaker 3: My health overall is good.
Speaker 5: And I have let Trump and the anxiety of Trump and the anxiety of the after effects of that shot, not knowing when it's ever going to end, When will I be free of the shingles vaccine, not knowing that has robbed me of the joy of this. And I know that what's going on in the country right now is robbing you of some joy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: My friend Steve's nephew said he didn't even know about the tears. He just goes to work and goes home and plays with his kids, and that's all he knows. And while I think that's your response, there's also something to envy about that someone so disconnected from current events that the stress of what is happening, impending war, you know, there could be an actual war, like with Iran or with others, with Russia, with whomever, there could be an actual war, and the stress of that not having that sounds blissful, doesn't it doesn't it sound remarkable to not have any worry about Trump, social Security, which is literally falling apart. You know, wouldn't it be nice to not worry about that stuff? And I'm not saying to be oblivious to it, but I'm saying, wouldn't it be nice to not worry about it?
Speaker 3: I know you do.
Speaker 5: I do, and it's been killing me, And so I have some tips as to how we can start letting it go, because it's not going to serve us for three and a half more years. It is not going to physically be okay for you to worry about the country and your health and your family and money and those security It's not going to.
Speaker 3: Be good for you to worry about that. So what do you do? Do you elective? Nephew? No, I'll tell you. Don't go away.
Speaker 5: Want to support the Corell cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Corel channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll, that's ki L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 2: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrell dot com.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I almost said, Alexa, play Correl. Do you want to funk? Sure? Do you want to funk?
Speaker 5: Matt Mo's radio edit by Carl from Apple Music.
Speaker 3: They got it. You can tell her to play it and it thumps.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you, that is something that I want to know.
Speaker 3: And to this question.
Speaker 1: Now you have the answer, sing.
Speaker 3: Ambert, So tell me what I wanta know? Come on, now, do you wanna funk? Won't you tell me?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Say a little girl if you wanna fuck you, let me show me a ha. Yes, girl.
Speaker 5: Ember sings when I sing, by the way, she always has. She always well, see how easy it is to play my song. All you gotta do is tell your device and she'll play it. That's so remarkable. Anyway, I was gamming, wasn't I There.
Speaker 3: Is something I want to ask you? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, you know I recorded that song because since nineteen eighty two, that song has been with me. I was dancing at the DK West with Ken Pearson. The DJ was named Andy. He was shirtless, he always was. We all wanted to sleep with him or you know, do things to it. And because you know, it was the eighties and he was handsome and he was the DJ, and he was shirtless, and they had big pecks, and you know, it's part of the package. It was why he got booked. And he played that song do You Want to Funk? By Sylvester and Patrick Kelly, and the floor emptied. All the queens got off the floor and Andy was like, this is gonna be the hottest friggin' song out there. You will dance, and he played it over and over until they packed the floor. Well, I immediately fell in love with it, and I asked the bar owner if we could book Sylvester in and he said, if I handled it, So I called the booking agent. I arranged everything. He flew into Orange County. He got off a plane in Orange County in a blue leather jacket and pants with a twelve foot blue leather scarf, long long braids, looking like Sylvester, and I got to spend the weekend with him at the Disneyland Hotel where we had booked him gets close to the club. At the club, I recorded the set. No one has that recording but me. I watched him do his show and go out there and sing his face off, and hearing him sing in his falsetto watching him be him with all of his fabulously flamboyant costumes, I knew. I knew that this was for me, that entertaining was for me, and if he could do it looking like that.
Speaker 3: So could I.
Speaker 5: So I fell in love with Sylvester. I loved him before that point, but I fell in love with him even more and remained friends with him, casual friends, but friends.
Speaker 3: And loved his music. And it was nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 5: AIDS was not quite there yet but bigotry was Reagan was president. Being gay was not easy, okay, And this relates to the topic today, by the way. So here we are, this gay community in the eighties under Reagan, and they want to take our rights from us, and they're beating us up. There's no hate crime laws, they can basically jail us. The cops are harassing us every night when we leave the bars. It was not a great time to be gay. And then AIDS happened nineteen eighty four. Sylvester Patrick Cowley would die. Within six years of releasing this song, Sylvester was dead. And somehow we managed to dance and to sing and to do drag and to help each other and to empower each other. And when we went inside, every gay bar was kind of like a kitcat club because once you got in side, the stuff going on outside didn't matter. We danced, we drank, We did lots of drugs we shouldn't have. We sang at the top of our lungs. We did have lots of sex until AIDS, And somehow, somehow that made us feel better because for just that time, maybe from eight o'clock at night until two in the morning, we were able to be ourselves to be safe, relatively safe.
Speaker 3: Inside the clubs.
Speaker 5: Cops would come raid, people would throw moll the top cocktails in other people would shoot through the windows. But we were relatively safe, and we were with each other, even those of us who were starting to die. And so dance music in the eighties, late seventies and eighties and nineties and two thousands was a huge part of my life because it is one of the genres that makes you feel fabulous, that makes you forget, that makes you be in the moment and just have a good time. And so when I was looking to record over this summer, I didn't just want to record original songs.
Speaker 3: I wanted to record.
Speaker 5: Disco classics from the era that I feel we're in again. It feels very nineteen eighty two if you're gay.
Speaker 3: It really does.
Speaker 5: And trans people are under attack, just horrible attack legally by the government. Gay people are under attack, Our rights are under attack, our right to marry is under attack yet again, and so it feels like we have gone back to nineteen eighty two. So I thought, if the mood of the country and we was gonna turn dire, then we needed dance music now more than ever, so I recorded do you want a Funk? And I hope that you will go play it today multiple times so it starts getting recognized by the algorithm Kril, do you want a Funk? But that goes to my topic today. Yesterday I realized that whether I'm sick or not, whether I have something horrible or not, I have to let go of the anxiety because it's literally killing me. It is more harmful than the actual illnesses. And Donald Trump may get our country, he may end democracy, he may start the era of oligarchs. He may do he may bankrupt us, he may drive some of us out into the streets. He may, you know, make it impossible to survive in some ways. But we can't give him everything. We can't give him our souls, our joy, we can't give him our lives.
Speaker 3: We can't.
Speaker 5: So what they tell you to do. I've gone to every psychiatrist in the world about my medical anxiety, and one of the things they tell you to do is make an appointment with yourself to worry so and it works, trust me. So I want you to picture your anxiety over Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Picture it.
Speaker 5: Is it a big purple monster, is it a big orange monster? Is it the monster from Bugs Bunny? Such an Indian terrestic hair do for such an Indian interesting monster?
Speaker 3: You know what you get?
Speaker 5: Mine looks like baby, Hugh say, that's your fear most I'm gonna tell you what to do with that monsters and how to make an appointment with yourself to worry.
Speaker 3: Come back, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 5: Hey, Carrel here and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons of Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell cap, then please go to Patreon dot com forward slash really Corell. That's Patreon dot com forward slash really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash really Corel.
Speaker 3: There's so much great free.
Speaker 5: Content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablets. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram. And don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services watch and subscribe on YouTube and supports the show through Patreon at Patreon dot com. Forward last, really, Correl, thanks for almost thirty years of support to the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can. I was just jamming in my head to another song called release Yourself by LaBelle, because that's what the message look. You know, I had a profound moment watching Hacks last night. I'm catching up on season three before season four, and this profound moment watching Hacks was when For those of you that have seen the show, it's when Debra Vance gets an opportunity to host a late night TV show as a filling and she does it, and she kills it.
Speaker 3: She nails it, and.
Speaker 5: As when the show is over, they expect her to walk out before the audience leaves, but she doesn't. She just sits there, watches the audience leaves, They turn out the lights and she sits on the darkened stage. I'm gonna cry see that scene because she knew she nailed it, and she knew that all of her years of comedy and doing gigs and all of that, all of it was for that moment right there, because she was given the chance. And I know that if I am ever given that chance to host a show like Kelly Clarkson, like Jay Hud, like Drew Barrymore, if I am ever given a chance to host that kind of show, I will freaking nail it, and I'll be one of the biggest things in the country because I'm that good, just like she knew.
Speaker 3: She knew.
Speaker 5: And you can't feel that kind of joy or optimism or you can't feel that that you know kind of I got this. If you're always stressed, and so I want you to make an appointment to stress about Donald Trump. I want you to make that appointment daily.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: It can be in the morning, it can be in the afternoon, it can be at lunch. But you only get fifteen minutes. And I really want you to set an appointment. Every time you start getting angry about Trump, you start screaming about the news, you all stop it, put that fear monster back in its cage.
Speaker 3: And then you get fifteen minutes between.
Speaker 5: A prescribed time three to three fifteen, three thirty to three forty five noon to twelve fifteen. And then after that you have to use every tool you have to block it out of your mind, not to be oblivious. I'm not saying don't pay attention. I'm saying, gather your news, gather your information, but don't really process it until your appointment three fifteen, three thirty. And then when you're processing it during that time, write down your thoughts, share them with people, post on social media, call your senators, do whatever you want to do, but do it in that fifteen minutes and then the rest of the day. I want you to put it out of sight. If you want to watch news, you get thirty minutes. That's it, thirty minutes, MSNBC, Fox, whatever you watch, I don't care, CNN thirty minutes, BBC thirty minutes. If you can't learn it in thirty minutes, you'll learn it the next day thirty minutes. Limit your news to thirty minutes, and limit worrying about the world and your life and social security and this to fifteen minutes a day, and the rest of the time, try to let go of the anxiety that our society is creating right now. I just saw a report that even wealthy Americans don't live as long as poor Europeans. Our life expectancy in America, even if you're wealthy, is equal to the lowest life expectancy of the poorest Europeans. And why is that exactly what I'm talking about? Too much anxiety in America. The article quotes that it is too stressful to be an American right now.
Speaker 3: There's too much to worry about.
Speaker 5: We have health crises every day, measles outbreak, COVID's still here. It's almost like if you walk outside, you're gonna you're gonna die of something. We have so much anxiety being thrown at us in the guise of news and no time to process it. This morning, I had a vein infiltrated with contrast, put into a round tube for an hour and a half while this thing spun around me and they looked for bad things in my brain and my throat. That's traumatic, no matter how you cut that, that's traumatic. And this evening I'm gonna have to decompress and deal with that. And that's what I want you to start doing. Don't let MAGA into your don't even talk to them anymore online or you know, in person.
Speaker 3: There's no point.
Speaker 5: They will see soon enough that they made a mistake and if they don't, then they don't. But don't let that into your world. You get fifteen minutes of worry and thirty minutes of news.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 5: That's forty five minutes in a day. Other than that, I want you to cook. I want you to go for walks. I want you to read books. I want you to watch television. I want you to actually go to a movie. I want you to stream. Do you want to funk by Correl and dance your friggin' ass off. I want you to call friends. I want you to go to dinners and lunches or cheap ones. Host a dinner, host a lunch, bring a sandwich.
Speaker 3: Whatever. We were not so horrible before Trump. We had lives.
Speaker 5: I want you to remind yourself that you still have a life, and that that life doesn't have to be filled with anxiety over medicine, over politics, over global warming, over impending war, because all of that's going to happen with or without your worry, Just like me. If I have als, it's going to happen, whether I worry about it or not. If I have MS, by astinia, gravits, or anything else that they're testing me for.
Speaker 3: If I have it.
Speaker 5: It's going to happen with or without the worry, so I'd be smarter to let it go. The same goes for America. You have to let America go. You have to let it go. It's just a country. It's not worth dying for. And I mean that it used to be. America used to be a country worth dying for. It's not anymore because you'd be dying for billionaires or politicians that don't care about you. It's certainly not worth making yourself sick over.
Speaker 3: So don't.
Speaker 5: And one of the things a psychiatrist will tell you is make an appointment with yourself to worry. Make an appointment to watch the news, and then you get fifteen minutes to process it. Watch the news for thirty and then for fifteen minutes afterwards, process it, and then drop it.
Speaker 3: Drop it. No, not you, Emberg. She's like, I'm not holding a ball.
Speaker 5: And I think if we all start to do this, the tone will change, because look, Good's gonna win eventually.
Speaker 3: Okay, it always does.
Speaker 5: It took eleven years under Adolf Hitler, but good still won. Good's gonna win in Russia, sooner or later, the Russians are gonna get rid of Ladimir Putin, they'll go more democratic. Good will win. Now, good doesn't always when when you want it, or sometimes even in your lifetime, but it does always wing back the other way. So we just have to trust is that no matter how dark it can, there's going to be a sunshine.
Speaker 3: I am prell. Do you want to be fund to anybody dream? Do you want to bump my carrel right now? Don't do it? Leave every streaming service, heyrl. Do you want to bump? Go? Do it? Play it, share it.
Speaker 2: Broadcasting from a completely different point of view yours. Listen daily to the Coral cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view. Yours. Listen daily to the Corell cast on your favorite streaming service.