Speaker 1: But tonight, I think I'll tell you how Holmes disillusioned the charming young lady and consequently saved her from what is commonly called a feat worse than death. Yes, yes, but before we begin to get too involved in that rather complicated affair, mister has, you'd better say a few words on the subject that's very appropriated this particular season of the year.
Speaker 2: A very good idea, doctor Watson. Here's a fact you ought to know.
Speaker 3: There's no reason in the world for you to pay high prices for a beautifully tailored, smartly styled suit of clothes, not with clipper Craft available. Clipper Craft clothes feature long wearing fabrics, are superbly made and better than fairly priced, despite rising costs of materials and manufacturing. There's a big reason clipper Craft clothes are priced so modestly. It's the famous clipper Craft Plan. Concentrating the buying power of ten hundred thirty six of the nation's finest stores from coast to coast, providing steady year round operation, lowering manufacturing and distribution costs. It makes available the finest suits you've ever seen for only forty to forty seven fifty and some tropicals at thirty three seventy five to forty dollars, and sport jackets at only twenty six fifty. Naturally, more fine stores than ever are welcoming the clipper Craft plan. These are the days it really goes to work for you. Compare clippercraft with clothes selling for many dollars more. And now back to the young lady who was about to be rescued by mister Sherlock Holmes.
Speaker 2: No less right.
Speaker 1: It was September third, nineteen hundred and three, a few years after my marriage. If you remember well, I'd dropped around to Baker Street in the middle of the afternoon. There with Homes lying on the sofa, pipe in hand, a piece of letter paper dangling from his long, lean fingers. But the thing that surprised me most was the appearance of the room itself. Hello, I say, Holmes, what's up? Have we reached the millennium?
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I'm alluding to the unprecedented.
Speaker 2: Tightness of the room that missus Hudson's doing.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's got wind of the fact that I'm expecting a call from Sir James Damery this afternoon, and she took a mean advantage of my being out of the house this morning to commit this, this atrocity.
Speaker 1: Oh, not a bad idea.
Speaker 3: I won't be able to find anything for weeks and my hair look at it.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't tell me, missus Hudson made you brushly. Women are tyrants, Watson tyrants?
Speaker 4: Oh rubbish?
Speaker 1: I say, what's all this about, Sir James Damery?
Speaker 3: What what does he want beyond this charming note which says he will be here at four point thirteen and that the matter is extremely delicate and important. I know about as much about the matter as you do, which is absolutely enough.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to hear you admitted. I said, Look here, Holmes, isn't this Chap Dammary a pretty important person in the diplomatic service?
Speaker 4: Quite? Hello?
Speaker 2: Isn't that a carriage I hear drawing up in front of our house?
Speaker 1: Oh? Bad, Joe. Oh it's a handsome turn out homes two men on the box.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't imagine that carriage belongs to Sir James himself. He must be acting for someone else, by jove, the crest on the door. Uh huh, So it's as serious as that.
Speaker 1: I stay, Holmes, You've got deuce and good eyesight. I can't make out the crest at all. It's just as well, my dear Watson, just as well. Ah, here comes Dawnedy himself.
Speaker 3: I say he is a handsome fellow, Yes, a splendid fellow, honest and understanding and clever, deuced clever, my dear Watson.
Speaker 1: Oh, I suppose to say that because he had the intelligence to come to you instead of going to Scotland. Oh, look at missus Hudson opening the door to him. All start up, her face as red as a beach.
Speaker 3: She'll talk about this for weeks, dear dear women shall go into raptures over the color of.
Speaker 2: His eyes, the fit of his coat. Till come in, Come in.
Speaker 5: It's sir James Dannery to see you.
Speaker 2: Sir, well ask him to come in.
Speaker 5: Yes, just be so good as to step this way, your lordship.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much, Yes, sir, don't forget to close the door, Missus Hudson. Oh no, sir, you've created quite a little flutter in our household, Sir James, as you can see.
Speaker 7: It's so good of you to see me, mister Holmes. And oh this I think it is doctor Watson. I hope to find you here delighted to make your acquaintance, my dear doctor.
Speaker 1: The pleasures. Man, I'm sure I won't you sit down.
Speaker 7: Say Dr Watson's collaboration may be vital, mister Holmes, For we are dealing on this occasion with a violent and ruthless man. I may safely say there is no more dangerous man in Europe.
Speaker 3: I have outwitted several opponents to whom that flattering term has been applied.
Speaker 2: Who is this, Sir Pedagon?
Speaker 3: Sir James, have you ever heard of Baron Gruna, the Austrian murderer?
Speaker 7: So you have already sized him up as a murderer.
Speaker 3: It's my business to follow the details of continental crime. I'm as sure that he killed his wife at the time of the so called accident at Flugan Pass as if i'd seen him do it. Yes, I knew also that he'd come.
Speaker 2: To England and was convinced that sooner or later he'd find some work to do.
Speaker 7: Then you sympathize with the client and whose interest.
Speaker 3: I'm acting, yes, and I guess you were only an intermediary.
Speaker 4: Who's the principle, mister Holmes.
Speaker 7: I must beg you not to press that question. It is important that his honored name should not be dragged into the matter.
Speaker 2: I am accustomed to have mystery at one end of my case is Sir James, but not that both. I fear our mister Claire.
Speaker 7: May I at least lay the facts of the.
Speaker 4: Case before you.
Speaker 2: By all means you have.
Speaker 7: No doubt heard of General de Murville.
Speaker 1: De Meurville, I general of kiber fame. The old Bulldog. Why I remember the great day.
Speaker 2: Watson, Watson told you to rupt.
Speaker 4: Oh very well.
Speaker 7: Well, the old bulldog has a daughter, Violet de Murder, young, rich and beautiful. It is this daughter, this lovely innocent girl, whom we are endeavoring to say from that fiend Grunner, he has some hold over her. She's in love with him, mister Horns. At least she thinks she is a mad infatuation. She Oh, she's obsessed by the man, and proposes to marry him next month. There's very little her family can do, as she is of age and has a will of iron.
Speaker 3: Her father's daughter, Watson, Oh, sorry, does she know about the Austrian episode.
Speaker 7: The rascal has told her every savory public scandal of his past life, always in such a way as to make himself out to be an innocent.
Speaker 4: Martyr cunning devil.
Speaker 1: But surely, said James, you let out the name of your client, it must be General de Murville.
Speaker 7: I could deceive you, mister Holmes, by saying so.
Speaker 2: My dear damer. It takes more than that to deceive me.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I suppose. Let us say then that my client is an old friend who has known the General intimately for years and has taken a paternal interest in the girl since she wore short props. It was his suggestion that you should be called in very flattering.
Speaker 3: Your problem interests me, sir James. I'm prepared to look into it.
Speaker 7: Excellent. In case of developments, you can reach me at the Carlton Club and the baron's address Vernon Lodge, near Kingston. It's a large house. He has been fortunate in some shady speculations and is a rich man worse luck.
Speaker 3: Yes, that makes him all the more dangerous as an antagonist. Can you give me.
Speaker 2: Any further information about him? His personal habits?
Speaker 7: I mean he has expensive tastes, a horse, fancier, plays polo, collects books women. As a recognized authority on Chinese pottery, has even written a book on the subject.
Speaker 3: M Chinese pottery a complex mind like most great criminals. Well, sir James, you will inform your client that I am undertaking the case of the Baron Grunard.
Speaker 7: I am exceedingly grateful, mister her not talk well. Good luck, gentlemen, and good afternoon.
Speaker 1: After dear me. This is a delicate situation, Eh well, Watson, any news, Well, I should think you'd better see the young lady herself de Murbile's daughter. No, no, no, that's more or less of the last resort. No young woman in love is ever very reasonable, and Violet has her father's determination or probability.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: First of all, I think I shall consult Shinwell Johnson.
Speaker 1: Shinwell Johnson, who's he.
Speaker 3: I'll suppose we meet for lunch to morrow at Simpson's. I'll ask him to drop a round with any information he's been able to pick up. Don't disappoint me, Watson. I think I may be able to introduce you to a colorful personality.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll be there and never appear.
Speaker 3: At the glass of Carret waiter. Yes, well, Watson, Johnson's on the prowl. He may pick up some garbage in the dark recesses of the underworld. But it's down there that you must look for. Baron Gruner's secrets.
Speaker 1: Yes, but who's this Shimble Johnson.
Speaker 3: Fellow an ex convict whom I've succeeded in reforming, serve two terms at Parkhurst. Consequently, he has the entree to every nightclub, dosshouse and gambling then in town. An ideal agent for gaining information.
Speaker 2: Watson.
Speaker 1: Yes, but if miss Violen's not affected by what she already knows, why should any discovery of mister Johnson's change her mind?
Speaker 3: Who knows, Watson, woman's heart and mind are insoluble puzzles to the mail murder might be condoned or explained, and yet some smaller offense might rankle. As Baron Bruno remarked this morning, you can't assow you've seen him, And to be sure, didn't I tell you no?
Speaker 2: Dear me, how careless of me.
Speaker 3: I always like to meet my adversary eye to eye and find out for myself the stuff that he's made of.
Speaker 1: Didn't you recognize you?
Speaker 2: Naturally? I sent in my card?
Speaker 3: You are a character Holmes an excellent antagonist. Is Darren Brunner, a real aristocrat of crime, cool as ice, and as poisonous as a cobra.
Speaker 4: I rather thought I should see you sooner or later, mister Holmes. I understand you have been engaged to prevent my marriage to the daughter of General de Merville. Quite Daron Gruner, my dear fellow, you will only ruin your famous reputation. Let me advise you to draw off at once.
Speaker 2: Dear me, that was the very advice I was about to give you.
Speaker 1: If you persist in this marriage, you'll raise a swarm of powerful enemies.
Speaker 2: Is the game worth it? Surely you'll be wiser if you left the lady alone.
Speaker 3: You can hardly wish certain facts about your.
Speaker 2: Past to be brought to her notice.
Speaker 4: No pardon my amusement, mister Holmes, but it's most amusing to see you trying to play a hand with no car gods in it.
Speaker 3: So you think I hold no clants, my dear baron, let me assure you I have several ass.
Speaker 2: Of my sleeve.
Speaker 4: Bluff, mister Holmes. Perhaps you don't realize that I hold the affection of this lady in spite of all the unhappy incidents of my past. I've also told her that certain wicked and designing persons, I hope you recognize yourself, would come to her and try to poison her mind against me. I also told her how to treat them. You've heard of post hypnotic suggestion. If you call on Violet, you will have an opportunity to see how it works. Er, dear little Violet, such a delightful subject for hypnotism. Hypnotic stell can be broken, my friend, only by a stronger personality. But by the way, mister Holmes, did you know Lebrown, the French agent. I did you know what happened to him?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: It was beaten and crippled for life.
Speaker 4: Quite true, mister Holmes, by a curate a coincidence. He had been inquiring into my affairs only a week before. Don't do it, mister Holmes, it's not lucky.
Speaker 1: Nasty brute, I say, Holmes, you'd better watch yourself. You'll stop at laughing.
Speaker 2: Quite two attempts have already been made on my life, Watson.
Speaker 3: I always disregard the blusterer, But this is the sort of chap who says rather less.
Speaker 4: Than he means.
Speaker 1: But look, here comes Shinwell Johnson, the red faced fellow with the beefyjowls and the tremendous gold watch chain. But I say, who's his companion? The young woman I mean with a pale, intense look. She looks as if she lived at homes. Yes, a dark page from Baron Groomer's pastor. Imagine hard good afternoon.
Speaker 2: She will good. No, mister old waiter, bring an extra chair for the lady.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's better, Eliss. Here is miss Kitty Water.
Speaker 1: How do you do what?
Speaker 8: She don't know about the baron, But she'll speak for herself. I found her within an hour after I heard from you. Quick work, heme, mister Olmes.
Speaker 2: I'm easy to find.
Speaker 5: The gutter London gets me every time. Same address for Porkish shinwell, but by cripes.
Speaker 2: Grooner, Yes, yes, yes, then I gather we have your good wishes.
Speaker 4: Miss Winter.
Speaker 5: Look at me what I am now? But Grooner made me. If I can help put him where he belongs, I'm yours to the death rattle.
Speaker 2: You know how the matter stands.
Speaker 5: He's after some other poor fool wants her to marry him this time. Eh, don't you know enough about him to keep any decent girl in her?
Speaker 2: Sensation is not in her senses she's in love. He knows pretty much all about it.
Speaker 5: She knows about the murder, Yes, good lord, she must have a nerve.
Speaker 2: She puts it all around to slander. We want proofs. Can you help us proofs?
Speaker 5: I think I'm proof enough. Let her take a look at me and listen to what I.
Speaker 7: Can tell her.
Speaker 2: Would you be willing to do it? Wouldn't I?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Remember he's told her most.
Speaker 4: Of his past.
Speaker 5: I'll wager he didn't tell her all. I'll bet she don't know. He's got a book, a brown leather book with a lock.
Speaker 2: Must have been drunk that night.
Speaker 7: He wouldn't have showed it to me.
Speaker 2: What kind of a book? That devil collects women?
Speaker 5: Mister Holmes like some men collect butterflies. And he's proud of his collection. He's got it all in that book, snapshot, photographs, names, details, everything. If you could only lay hands on that book, he's probably got her in there with the rest of us.
Speaker 2: By this time.
Speaker 7: She liked that, wouldn't she?
Speaker 4: Where is this book?
Speaker 5: More than a year since I was in his study, I knew where it was kept. Then do you know his house?
Speaker 2: I've been in his study.
Speaker 5: I'll hand it to you for being on the job. Maybe he's met his match this time. Well, they are to study. Is where he keeps his Chinese crockery, a big glass cover between the windows. Then behind his desk is a door that leads to the inner study. It's in there that he keeps his papers and things.
Speaker 1: Isn't be afraid of burglars?
Speaker 5: Say what you like. He's no coward. He can look after himself. Besides, there's a burglar alarm at night.
Speaker 3: I see if we could get into that study in miss winter. You think you could show us where that book's hidden.
Speaker 1: Sure, here homes. You can't go breaking into a strange house.
Speaker 3: It's against the law quite an I wouldn't dream of doing it except as a last resort.
Speaker 2: But come along this winter. We'll see how far.
Speaker 3: Our legal efforts get us before we turn to other tactics. What do you mean, suppose we just drop in on mister Merville for a little chat.
Speaker 7: What a pretty drawing.
Speaker 5: It's been a long time since I You won't believe it, mister Holmes, when I tell you I once had a nice home too.
Speaker 3: Obviously, my dear, I can tell by your hands you were a lady the rough talk you assumed to cover it up.
Speaker 4: Didn't fool me for a minute, sir.
Speaker 7: I'm so nervous.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I can.
Speaker 2: Go through with it.
Speaker 3: Courage will be over in the minute. Quiet, someone's coming, ah, mister Murville. If I'm not mistaken, mister.
Speaker 9: Holmes, I presume quite pray be seated. I've been expecting a visit from you. You have called, as I understand, to malign my fiance, Baron Groooner. It's only fair to warn you, mister Holmes, that you are wasting your time. Nothing you can say will have the slightest effect on my mind.
Speaker 3: My dear young woman, I wonder if you realize what it means to be married to a murderer, and worse, his reputation will by you from decent society in any civilized country. How could a woman of your upbringing consent.
Speaker 9: Mister Holmes. I am aware that my fiance has had a stormy life in which he has incurred bitter hatreds. You are only the last of a series to slander him. Don't think that I don't know your motive. You're a paid agent who would have been equally willing to act for the baron if he consented to pay your price.
Speaker 4: But here REFU really, mister Murbille.
Speaker 9: Moreover, mister Holmes, I am not clear why you should bring this this person into my drawing room.
Speaker 7: I have the slightest notion who she is.
Speaker 5: No, well, I'll tell you who I am. I'm his last victim. He'll kill you, that's what he'll do with may be a broken back or a broken heart, but he'll break you one way or the other.
Speaker 1: I don't need your protection, thank you.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's not for love of you, I'm speaking. I don't give a tinker's curse. If you live or die, it's because I hate him, do you hear? And you needn't look at me like that. God knows you maybe lower than I am. Before you're through, let me.
Speaker 9: See once for all that I'm aware of three passages in my fiance's life when he became entangled with designing women.
Speaker 7: Three passages.
Speaker 2: Three passages.
Speaker 7: She says, Oh, you fool, you fool. Wait till you see that book.
Speaker 3: From New York City, the makers of Flipper Craft Clothes for Men and ten hundred and thirty six leading retail stores from coast to coast present the world's most famous detective.
Speaker 4: Sherlock Holmes.
Speaker 3: Clippercraft Plan, the plan that concentrates the buying power of ten hundred thirty six of the nation's finest stores from coast to coast. And that's why you can buy luxurious long wearing fabrics in clipper Craft suits for only forty to forty seven fifty, find tropicals at thirty three seventy five to forty dollars, and sport jackets for only twenty six fifty.
Speaker 2: Ask any of the millions.
Speaker 4: Of men who wear clipper Craft clothes.
Speaker 3: For selling expensive clothes at inexpensive low prices at the nation's finest stores is the great, big idea behind the Clippercraft Plan. That's why men who know insist on Clippercraft clothes. So be sure to visit the Clippercraft store in your city.
Speaker 10: These leading stores in the metropolitan area are proud to their names to clipper Craft in your suits, top coats, sport jackets and tropicals. In Manhattan, John Wannamaker Men's Stores Broadway at eighth and sixty seven, Liberty Street Sacks thirty fourth Broadway at thirty fourth. In Brooklyn, Abraham and Strauss in Newark, New Jersey, Boulevard Men's Shop cresken Yarck, And in Jamaica the B and B Clothes Shop, one sixty four oh eight, Jamaica Avenue.
Speaker 3: Now to return to our adventure. In front of Sherlock Holmes lodgings at two twenty one B. Baker Street, we find an excited crowd of people.
Speaker 7: I say, have you heard the new sheet?
Speaker 9: Hey, this is Many Lives the poor Man of the poor Man in the paper's murderous attack on Sherlock Holme.
Speaker 1: They've murdered it that they've murded.
Speaker 7: It's an out great man's not shaving the streets anymore.
Speaker 2: But how did it happen? Too?
Speaker 7: Roughians outside the key Wigley They beat him with stixing.
Speaker 2: He was picked up for days.
Speaker 7: Oh he's dead.
Speaker 9: It's not dreadful. Shelock Holmes isn't dead.
Speaker 5: Let me.
Speaker 1: A doctor. Oh confounded? The bell won't ring.
Speaker 5: Oh here you are at last, doctor. What's some phraise beak coming coming?
Speaker 1: I've been out all afternoon, Missus Hudson. I've just got word. Is he badly hurt? Oh?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 5: They brought him in here all bleeding. They had to have that surgeon fellow folk.
Speaker 1: Shot Leslie oak shot.
Speaker 5: Then it is serious, Yes, sir, he's been taking stitches in him and giving him more fhee.
Speaker 1: Do you think I can go up for a moment?
Speaker 5: Well that so, what's his name?
Speaker 2: Said?
Speaker 5: As mister Olmes was to have absolute quiet, I had to stuff the doorbell on account of the newspaper.
Speaker 2: Fellows quite right about.
Speaker 5: Mister Olmes kept saying he had to see as soon as you came. So that surgeon fella said, all right, but only for ten minutes mine. Well good, I go right up, yes, sir, and let me know if he's wanting anything.
Speaker 4: This this terrible, terrible, it's all the button's doing.
Speaker 1: Of course, wait till I leapt wat's in this?
Speaker 2: It's not as bad as it seems.
Speaker 1: So thank god for that. Of course it's that rascal who set them on. I'll gone flash the height of him.
Speaker 4: If you say so, I could Watson.
Speaker 2: No, it's not necessary, but there is something you can.
Speaker 1: Do for me, anything, anything at all.
Speaker 2: We haven't much time.
Speaker 3: I've just discovered the baron is panning to a lope to South America with mister Merville day after tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Must be losing his nerve.
Speaker 1: What can we do in that short time?
Speaker 3: You are to spend the next twenty four hours in an intensive study of Chinese pottery.
Speaker 1: Me Chinese pottery homes your delivery.
Speaker 3: It's all hand me that little box from the mantlepiece, which would this one? Yes, that's right, Only I open it for me when he wants in these right clumsy bandages. I don't want to run any risk of breaking it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I say, it's a beautiful little deep blue saucer wrapped in silk.
Speaker 3: That is the real eggshell pottery of the Ming dynasty. A complete set of it would be worth a king's ransom. The Baron would sell his soul for a set like that?
Speaker 1: Am I to do with it?
Speaker 2: Here is your card?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, but this says doctor hill Barton see sixty nine and a half moons, That is your name.
Speaker 3: For tomorrow evening you will call on Baron Bruner at half past eight. The note's already been set making the appointment and saying that you're bringing a specimen of an absolutely unique set of Ming china. May as well be a medical man, since you can play that part without duplicity, and want to put too much of a strain on your.
Speaker 1: Acting ability, and I look here.
Speaker 2: I say, you're not going to go back on me at a time like this.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, of course not. But I say, what if he won't see me, he'll.
Speaker 2: See you right enough. He has the collector's mania, and it's most acute form.
Speaker 3: The important thing is to cram up on Chinese pottery, so you can carry on an intelligent conversation.
Speaker 1: Well, i'll do my best.
Speaker 2: Good half past eight tomorrow right now. Perhaps you'd better go. I afraid I feel a trifle weak.
Speaker 8: I'll find out if the Baron will see you, sir.
Speaker 1: I believe he's expecting me.
Speaker 4: Very good, sir, do you immediately?
Speaker 1: I wish my needs had stop wobbling about home Wu and Young Low, the writings of Tanging, the primitive periods of sung On. Did dear me?
Speaker 4: This is right this way.
Speaker 8: The Baron is in his study, the Chinese room, we call it, doctor Barton.
Speaker 4: Oh, praise it down, doctor, praise it down.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you.
Speaker 4: I was just looking over my treasures. Have you ever seen a Richard glaze in this little tongue specimen?
Speaker 2: And delightful, delightful here?
Speaker 4: Oh? Have you the ming saucer with you?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, indeed, I thought you might want to see it. Here it is, let me unwrap it for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are, oh fine, very fine indeed, And you say you have a set of six to correspond, yes, I only know of one in England to match this, and it is certainly not on the market. Will it be in discreet doctor Barton to ask how you obtained this?
Speaker 1: Well, does it really matter? You can see the piece is genuine, undoubtedly.
Speaker 4: But suppose I should discover later that you have no right to sell.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'd guarantee you against any claim of that sort.
Speaker 4: And what is your guarantee worth?
Speaker 1: My bankers would answer that.
Speaker 4: Yet, on the whole this business is very mysterious. Well, you can do business or not as you like.
Speaker 1: I've given you the first offer because I understood you were a coneisser who told you so. You wrote a book on the subject.
Speaker 4: I believe have you read the book?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: You are a collector with a valuable piece in your collection, and yet you have never trouble to consult the one book which would give you the real meaning and value of what you hold. How do you explain that.
Speaker 1: I'm a very busy man, doctor, impec.
Speaker 4: That's no answer. You sent me your note. You were a connoisseur, so I am. But what do you know of the Emperor? Shall move? How do you associate him with show so in Nionara?
Speaker 1: The matter? Does that puzzle you?
Speaker 4: What about the Northern Way dynasty?
Speaker 1: Oh? This is intolerable. I came here to do you a favor, not to be examined as if I were a school boy.
Speaker 4: Here is a spy, Sherlock Holmes sent you. What's the game? You've made your way in here without leave, but you're not going to find it so easy to get out again. I thought the beating he got yesterday would be enough to scare him off. But if he wants a copse, a prof trainer? What's that? Someone's in the inner study? Somebody? Uh huh, Sherlock Holmes himself. What the places are you're doing here?
Speaker 3: Just glancing through your diary rather lurid reading by dear fellow. I wonder what this spirelet will think of it? Put that book down?
Speaker 1: Put it down?
Speaker 4: I see you, fool my men bungled. I told him to kill you. Well, I'm going to complete the job myself.
Speaker 1: For got homes. He's got a name.
Speaker 2: No, you don't.
Speaker 7: I've got a little score on my own.
Speaker 4: A second, kilty, what are you doing here?
Speaker 5: Surprised to see me? I thought I killed myself by this time. Well, I'm going to fix you.
Speaker 4: You're most amusing and laugh.
Speaker 5: It'll be the last time.
Speaker 7: Very well, then, why didn't you stop it?
Speaker 1: Butterol is putting my eyes up the water, for Can's sake, water of pain. I can't stand the pain that's riding me crazy.
Speaker 9: Now, why don't you laugh?
Speaker 4: What a story? Doctor?
Speaker 3: And did mister Merriville break off the engagement when she saw the Baron's love diary?
Speaker 1: Oh dear me, yes, Sir James Caban collected it and the little sorcer of mean China the afternoon after an encounter with Groner. The day was in the Baron's own handwriting, there's no way of getting around that. The wages of sin, My dear mister Harris, the wages of sin. Be sure your false will.
Speaker 3: Find you out, they say, doctor Apropos of nothing at all? Was mister Holmes arrested for housebreaking?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: What an idea?
Speaker 1: Well, there was some rumor about a prosecution, I believe, But when the purpose is good and a client sufficiently illustrious, even the rigid British law becomes human and elastic. Holmes has yet to stand in the dock.
Speaker 2: And the illustrious client, Doctor, did you ever find out who he was?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: I could make a good guess. On Sir james second visit, I escorted him down to his carriage, and quite the accident, mind, I caught a glimpse of that coat of arms before Sir James threw his overcoat half out of the window to cover it.
Speaker 4: And who was a doctor?
Speaker 1: Oh, I couldn't dream of telling beyond the fact that he was a loyal friend and a chivalrous gentleman. And his coat of arms had three ostridge plumes on the top.
Speaker 3: And of course you haven't the remotest idea, Oh, certainly not. And now, doctor, how about giving our friends and listeners a hint of out next week's story?
Speaker 2: Next week? There, let me see.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, next week, I think I think I'd tell you about some yellow roses that refused to die and how they nearly caused the death of a lovely young second wife who heard the voice of her husband's first wife calling to her from a watery grave.