Speaker 1: Welcome to Financial Issues, where we help you steward faithfully by honoring God with your investments. Now listen in as we give you the practical tools and advice you need to become a biblically responsible investor.
Speaker 2: This is Financial Issues, where we help you defund darkness and fund the light by investing with biblical integrity. On this Monday, folks, a lot of questions to answer. Delighted to hear from you. Our phone lines are wide open. Also, what kind of investments could offset hyper inflation? We'll discuss this morning. Couple hyper guys here with you. I'm Sethi Dinsky, Sam Case in the control room, and your host who held it all together on Friday when Sam and I were out, Mark Manila, Mark Legend, Good morning brother, good to see you.
Speaker 3: Good Morningiza. Good to have you back, my friend.
Speaker 2: Thanks brother. It's great to be back in the land of the living. Sam, I know, had a blessed weekend. Mine was not as blessed. I was actually having a good time. He was just holding on by a thread. But we're back now. We're feeling much better and it's good to be here with you all. Mark, thank you for holding it together on Friday. We're bum that we missed Friday show, but I'm sure it was an excellent time. And boy, folks, listen, I hope you'll give us a call the number six ten three sixty three eleven ten. That's the number to call in again, six' ten three six three eleven. Ten mark And, sam let's kick the week off with our verse of The. Week matthew twenty four forty five through forty seven reads, This who then is a faithful and why servant whom his master made ruler over his household to give them food and due? Season blessed is that servant whom his, master when he, comes will find doing so, ASSUREDLY i say to, you and he will make him ruler over all his. Goods that's a great word this. Morning what do you guys think about?
Speaker 3: It fellas?
Speaker 4: Well one of the things that reminds me of is our conversation was it last week where people were, asking you, know, well If juss is coming, back what's the point of. Investing SHOULDN'T i just hunker down and get ready for him to? Return this is saying, No, No the faithful and why servant is found working and he's the one that The.
Speaker 3: Master when he comes, back he, SAYS i will make.
Speaker 4: You ruler of all my. Goods he's, faithful he's, wise he's doing everything he should be, doing and he's doing. It with the end of The master, returning, hmm.
Speaker 3: Well, SAID i really like. THAT i really like. THAT i like this whole.
Speaker 5: Verse it's the idea that those people who are, productive who really do try to realize the fullness of the, blessings the, gifts the Abilities god's give them will be rewarded. Eventually AND i just love that. IDEA i think about WHEN i was a little kid AND i was working on something that maybe it was a chore or SOMETHING i was, given and THEN i see my, dad you, know looking out the window or walks out to see How i'm, doing and when he, says good, job how that?
Speaker 6: Felt it just felt so.
Speaker 5: Good, now think about that when our father in heaven actually says well, done good and faithful.
Speaker 3: Servant, Yeah and you know what was really, cool your.
Speaker 2: Guy this is the end of this, verse the promise of Where jesus, says, SURELY i say to you that he will make him ruler over all his. Goods the eschatological promise for Us mark in part is that.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be co airs With. Christ we're gonna rules being at the same.
Speaker 5: Table it would be bizarre to me, that, yeah EVEN i get to sit at that.
Speaker 3: Table.
Speaker 4: Wow and that's a promise all throughout. Scripture you see that all the time when When jesus is giving parables like, this he, says he who is faithful with little is going to be faithful with. Much so it's a promise all.
Speaker 2: Throughout and you, know it does remind, me guys as, well of the parable The Prodigal, son where the prodigal son kind of comes to his senses after having squandered his father's wealth and really brought shame to his father's, name and he, SAYS i it's essentially it would be better for me to be a servant in my father's house than to live Like i'm living right. Now and he goes intending to be a servant in his father's house and his father restores.
Speaker 3: Him and that's the great promise that we have. There it's not as we deserve it because of his love for.
Speaker 5: Us what a way to Start. Monday Huh, yeah pretty, AWESOME i mean, yeah pretty.
Speaker 3: Awesome will said really cool.
Speaker 2: Six, ten three, six three eleven. Ten, folks we'd love to hear from you once. Again, hey the markets On, friday they actually. Rose it was a tough week, otherwise but they had a nice.
Speaker 3: Finish they actually. Rose can you believe this was? Surprise? AMAZING i, KNOW i know it's because we weren't. Here that's exactly.
Speaker 2: Right they were, like, oh they're out that, now we can we make them nervous. Exactly, so The Dow jones finished up a full, percent THE smp and THE nasdak were up a, half and The rustle two thousand almost a Full, However Mark thursday's pullback really kind of led the markets to a negative. Week THE s AND b five hundred was down one in about one and a half for the. Week The nasdaq was down about two percent for the. Week The Dow jones was down almost a full. Percent THE s AND p and The nasdaq each had a three week three week long winning streaks.
Speaker 3: That they were trying to extend that got.
Speaker 2: Snapped pre markets this, morning mark are pretty muted. Overall we we did see that the major indices are, down but so is, oil which is fascinating considering everything that's going on In.
Speaker 5: Iran, Mark, yeah over one and a half percent, down which is. INTERESTING i guess it's because you know there's a deal being, made is?
Speaker 3: There that's What i've been told there's a. Deal, wow crazy. STUFF i just wonder.
Speaker 2: Who is on the other side of The, like who are we talking to on the other side of these?
Speaker 3: Deals no idea crazy.
Speaker 4: Stuff, well the problem is is you could genuinely be talking to someone who wants to make a, deal and then a deal will be signed and some other guy who has just as much right to authority In iran will come by and say, NO i don't want, that and actually we're Gonna we're gonna shoot the guy who made the.
Speaker 3: Deal it's, chaos, Right it's crazy stuff. Anyway so that's what it's looking like in the markets this.
Speaker 2: Morning mark a good question that we teed up at the top there this topic of hyper, inflation.
Speaker 3: Specifically protection from.
Speaker 2: It So jane From louisiana in Our chad asked a great question last. Week he, Says, mark speaking of hyper, inflation what investment can we diversify our portfolios that could offset the fall in THE us dollar or are there other currency investment? Options so why don't we start, There mark with this question and then kind of go from.
Speaker 5: There, wow there's so much imposed in that. Question what does this hyperinflation? Thing what makes somebody think we're going to hit hyper inflation here in THE us at least in.
Speaker 6: The near term or midterm or even in a long.
Speaker 4: Term And, mark what is hyper inflation compared to just regular?
Speaker 5: Inflation one hundred, percent sixty percent for just a, lot, yeah just a lot of. Inflation, yeah when it goes through the, ceiling it goes. Beyond we saw the beginning of hyper, INFLATION i guess it was in The carter, years and then we saw it in The biden. Years we saw inflation get up what was it eight ten? Percent but in The carter years Under, BIDEN i, think, right, YEAH i forget where it. Was but you, know that's that's kind of tip into. It but when you look at some other, countries like third world, nations that all of a sudden they start printing money left and right to the point to where inflation is one hundred percent a. Year if you, know they don't even put prices on goods in the stores because they're just you got to get a. Price when you get to the checkout because they're rising as you're walking towards a. Checkout it's just. Crazy it's just out of. Control but why would we have that? Here why would somebody believe that we're on the brink of that is the thing that concerns.
Speaker 3: Me is it?
Speaker 5: Possible anything is, Possible BUT i don't think we're there.
Speaker 3: Yet the debt is out of.
Speaker 5: CONTROL i do believe this administration's pulling levers move setting things in place to get that under. CONTROL i think the debt is the one thing that could cause hyperinflation when we start having to print money just to just to supplement what we have, here because nobody will buy our debt because we can't pay the interest on the debt because the Debt's but, ANYWAY i don't see that as happening anywhere too. Soon it could happen maybe two years from, now four years from, now if.
Speaker 3: Nobody does anything about. It but the question was a little bit.
Speaker 5: Different they're, saying how do we prepare for an inflated?
Speaker 6: DOLLAR i think is what it's really coming down.
Speaker 5: To and AM i concerned about the dollars losing purchasing? Power, well of COURSE i. Am that's when our debt is going to cause problems if we just slightly hesitate on anything paying, interest are continuing to pump so much money into our. Society what will happen is we'll start seeing the dollar lose its status in the world as a currency for. Trade when that, happens it'll cascade from. There but we'll see signs of that. Coming, still if you're worried about, IT i don't think buying another currency is the.
Speaker 3: Answer, actually, yeah.
Speaker 5: We're at war economic war With, china With, russia even With, iran.
Speaker 3: Believe it or, not we're at war with.
Speaker 5: Them they just don't have any economic power except for, oil which of course is causing a little bit of inflation because they're the harmouse. Situation SO i don't think foreign currencies are where you'd really want to be because that's all dependent upon another country maintaining their.
Speaker 6: Currency The United states.
Speaker 5: PROBABLY i Maybe i'm a little biased Because i'm An, american BUT i believe we probably have the best, structure the free, market the, capitalism those kinds of, things and the freedom we have in our COUNTRY i believe allows us to maintain better control over a currency than some dictator somewhere who just took over who doesn't have.
Speaker 3: A clue of international, economics SO i don't think i'd go. There so what could?
Speaker 5: Help, WELL i think moving into some things like gold or even tips or things like that that could help preserve the value of what you, have because gold seems always over the long term keep up with, inflation even. Hyperinflation we see gold go through the ceiling when that. Happens so real assets and commodity related companies is WHERE i. Go, energy, materials, agriculture. Infrastructure but, HEY i got a better. Idea let's get the let's get the debt under control instead and not worry about. Hyperinflation six ten three six three eleven.
Speaker 6: Ten give us a.
Speaker 3: Call we'd love to hear from you this. Morning what want to happen? Today?
Speaker 2: Folks hope you'll check out The Timothy, plan our faithful, Sponsors timothyplan dot com a great place to go if you're looking for retirement, plans mutual funds ETFs that are biblically. Responsible the pioneers of BR I, Investing Timothy, plan our dear, friends we love, Them timothyplan dot. Com MARK a little follow up there to that. CONVERSATION i asked this during the, break But i'll just go ahead and ask you not during the break as, well since we've got a live radio show after. All is there any wisdom in holding some kind of foreign currency at? All whether it's a strong or weak foreign currency is not really the question just, more is there any wisdom to having some kind of foreign?
Speaker 3: Currency is just?
Speaker 5: Not when you say, hold like hold for the long term or, TRADE.
Speaker 3: I think more hold for the long.
Speaker 2: Term i've seen questions before where people will ask questions, like, Hey i'm trying to prepare for whatever could happen globally or with the dollar if it.
Speaker 3: Collapses why, here look a look at it this.
Speaker 6: Way if you if THE US uh, loses if THE.
Speaker 5: Us collapses, economically what country in the world won't collapse with? Us because we are the state stability of the world we are. In that's the bottom line on. IT i know a lot of people, say, well The swiss or it or.
Speaker 3: Whatever you. KNOW i don't think.
Speaker 5: So if THE us, collapse there's gonna be blood in the streets all around the all around the. WORLD i can't think of a country THAT i would, say, oh if THE us, collapse they're going to be, strong.
Speaker 7: To be.
Speaker 3: Banking on.
Speaker 6: IT i don't know, Why, sam but that sounds about.
Speaker 5: RIGHT i don't know why you would say that, so but it fits somehow for who's saying you're.
Speaker 3: Laughing but it's gonna. Work i'm gonna be.
Speaker 5: Rich SO i, mean if you, can if you can somehow think of a, COUNTRY i, mean do, this just for a, moment try and think of a. Country, well if THE us, Collapse i'd want to go to this. COUNTRY i can't think of a king of, country not a single country that would be in better.
Speaker 3: Shape right. Now the majority of the world is in worse shape than THE.
Speaker 5: US i, mean who was that that once Said america's worst country in the, World sands all.
Speaker 3: Others you.
Speaker 8: KNOW i JUST.
Speaker 3: I just love.
Speaker 6: That you know it's true Until christ?
Speaker 2: Comes, yeah, Absolutely so the moral of the story, There, MARK i guess What i'm hearing you say is trade in Your Swiss francs for Some swiss, cheese right you.
Speaker 3: Can i'm not saying. That, No, no that makes.
Speaker 2: Sense, No, MARK i think THAT'S i have to be a good reminder BECAUSE i do if, folks folks do, ask and they do, wonder you, know should we Hold Swiss franks should we hold some other kind of currency in case the dollar, collapses in case THE us economy. Clapses but you're you're, Right, MARK i mean we're the one that holds it. Together what economies lasted without THE us?
Speaker 3: Economy bottom? Line that's What i'm.
Speaker 5: Saying the idea of real assets like, gold, silver things like that may make more sense than anybody's currency that can be, manipulated that can be destroyed by a single.
Speaker 6: Person, yeah doesn't make.
Speaker 2: Sense yep six ten three six three eleven. Ten, folks give us a. Call we would be delighted to hear from you this. Morning, MARK a good question. Here kaylee's twenty one years, old one of our younger. Partners, Welcome. Kaylee we're glad to have. You she's, saying which of the allocation models would be best for me to model my?
Speaker 3: Portfolio?
Speaker 2: After, Again i'm twenty one years, old just started a career as a cardiac's. SONOGRAPHER i understand the concepts of, investing but sometimes the dynamics of buying and trading can get over my.
Speaker 3: Head what's your, Advice?
Speaker 5: Mark, Oh, kayley you're twenty. One you have a long, horizon time horizon in front of. You and that's the. Winner there is time time scene is to be the mottst valuable asset. THERE i, WOULD i would suggest OR i would IF i were in your, Shoes i'd be in a growth portfolio absolutely because you have time to weather downturns and, upturns AND i wouldn't worry about being so. MUCH a trader is going in and trying to find long term. Investments, remember long term investments don't mean you buy into, it set it aside and forget.
Speaker 6: It you still analyze them over and, over.
Speaker 5: Or at least we do here at financial issues to make sure nothing breaks down or nothing changed in.
Speaker 6: Them but the goal is to find.
Speaker 3: A stock or stocks that have.
Speaker 6: The financial issues, still meaning they're rock solid in their balance sheet and their income, statements their projections are, great and you want to find those because those would be good for the long term where you don't have to be day trading to try and stay ahead of any major downturns in that. Stock you can slow companies usually don't develop everything they have. Overnight you don't usually buy a stock and that's just a spec stock today and tomorrow it's got one hundred billion dollars cash and no debt and no you, know things like. That it usually takes time for those to, grow and during that time you're seeing growth in.
Speaker 5: It maybe some poolbacks. Occasionally same thing's true with the. Decline that's why we say it's a long term. Investment it may start breaking down a little. Bit you can start seeing that and then you can give it a little time to recover and if the management doesn't recover, well then that's when you start taking some action on. It SO i would say being a growth model allocation, model go out to financial, issues go out to the partners, ub look at the growth asset. Allocation if you don't want, to if you don't want to go through and read all the information on individual stocks on or buy and, holdless you could just go into the fund allocation model and use ets and mutual funds and use their managers to pick and fulfill those different asset.
Speaker 3: Classes it's all there for you back in the partners. Ub it's, Awesome, Mark. Kaylee that's super.
Speaker 2: Exciting and just one thing to add there as well Is i'm sure you're considering this. All you're already starting your career and all that, stuff but making sure you have your mote around your castle making sure you have all those things in, place, Right. Mark but it, SEEMS i, Mean kaylee seems like she's got this stuff buttoned, up which is just.
Speaker 3: Awesome, yeah sounds sounds like she's on top of.
Speaker 5: It but if you just want a little reminder some of the things going, on and download the pdf we put together early this year on the starter.
Speaker 3: Kit, yeah that's Awesome Starter. Kit. Mark this is a question for.
Speaker 2: Me i'm sure other listeners wonder this as, well, Though BUT i Read kaylee's. QUESTION i see she's twenty one years. Old she is starting out the. Gate WHEN i was twenty one years, OLD i feel LIKE i was just a. Moron how do us older investors who see these younger ones getting started and we want to cheer them, on how do we not also deal with that sense of jealousy that we have of, maybe, MAN i WISH i had started Then i'm a little bit frustrated at my for not having. Started Then how do we just you, know move, forward put the pass behind us and cheer on these younger.
Speaker 3: FOLKS whi they're doing what we didn't.
Speaker 4: Do that's one of the big questions in, life, Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah now there's a by being happy for, him for, one then to see that they're doing the right things. Now but just also REMEMBER i could look back at my WHEN i was twenty. One if you wanted to open up an investment, account you had to drive to a, company a, BROKERAGE, uh an advisor.
Speaker 3: Somewhere you had to sit.
Speaker 5: Down they'd interview, you find out how much money you, had and decide if they wanted, you because it's not worth their time to sit there and fill out, paperwork which they had to. Do we had to fill out all the forms open an, account and then ANYTIME i wanted to do a, TRADE i had to call that broker from a wired telephone on the.
Speaker 7: Wall you.
Speaker 5: KNOW i couldn't do it from the ball game On, friday you, know operator.
Speaker 3: Had to patch.
Speaker 5: In so, Right so What kaylee has is SOMETHING i didn't. Have and there's a good chance you didn't have when you were twenty one because.
Speaker 3: You are getting old, SET i.
Speaker 5: Know and that is the new economy of, electronics the cell, phone, internet online, trading zero. Costs, oh by the, way there was somewhere around a five percent trade costs for EVERYTHING i bought and sold back in those, days so you have to look at it and, say, wow things have changed so. Much but this, generation you, know you've heard old men sitting on the porch, saying this generation doesn't know how hard it was back WHEN i was had to make trades in the. Market today it's. Simple there were born into the technology and it makes it. Easier that's Why i'm glad to see Gen z and the millennials actually starting.
Speaker 3: EARLIER i think it was a.
Speaker 5: Millennials started on average investing at twenty, five and now the gen zs are starting at. Nineteen so that's exciting to. ME i don't get jealous about. THAT i think it's. WONDERFUL i think it's. Great, oh by the, way they also have, iras which just came in in existence barely a few years BEFORE i turned twenty.
Speaker 3: One they have you, know.
Speaker 7: Four to one.
Speaker 5: K's they have all sorts of things that weren't even in their WRATH ira didn't even come in into what the.
Speaker 3: Eighties may ninety, SEVEN i think it was ninety. Seven the WROTH ira is not even a, millennial it's basically.
Speaker 5: Yeah SO i mean there's all these things that make it easier for. Them so we Praise god and thank them for the ability for these these young ones to be able to do great.
Speaker 3: Things. Yeah, yeah that's, Awesome, kayleie well. Done you're doing a great. Job.
Speaker 2: Folks IF i come in tomorrow and my beard is all gray and, grizzled you'll know. Why it's Because i'm getting, old how, goes you.
Speaker 4: Know and there's always been an old man at heart, Though, yeah.
Speaker 3: You're old at hard. Exactly.
Speaker 2: Mark here's an interesting comment, Here george From North. Carolina by the, way folks chime in six, ten three sixty three, eleven so this was from last.
Speaker 3: Week.
Speaker 2: Mark george was commenting as we were talking, about you, know the unfortunate habits that are ruling elites tend to have in spending other people's money on crazy. Things But george says that there's four psychological categories of spending money and they're very. Interesting one is spending your money on, yourself two spending your money on, others three spending other people's money on, yourself and four spending other people's money on. Others the psychology is very.
Speaker 3: INTERESTING i like, That. Mark i'm a fan of number.
Speaker 5: Three number, Three, yeah, WELL i think he's he's kind of boiling all it, down and it could be boiled down into two to two smaller, categories selflessness and. Selfishness spending my money on myself can be responsible or, selfless depending on the. Motive spending money on someone else well require sacrifice and can reflect genuine.
Speaker 6: Generosity you.
Speaker 5: Know spending someone else's money on, MYSELF i think that's self interest and abuse, possibly you, know and spending someone else's money on someone else's called socialism or.
Speaker 6: Communism SO i don't have any love for.
Speaker 5: That either it's it's very little or none.
Speaker 3: Of the costs. Is it's just not.
Speaker 5: Right So biblical stewardship begins with responsibility and. Selflessness scripture doesn't teach that spending on ourselves is. Wrong we're expected to provide responsibly for our, families for ourselves and our. HOUSEHOLD i, mean think about what was it One timothy five?
Speaker 3: Eight, yes the one if a man does not provide for needs is? Families not the? Faith? Right exactly? Exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah our responsibility extends way beyond ourselves, though to our, family, church, church, family and anybody got puts.
Speaker 6: In our puts in our.
Speaker 5: Path So christian generosity is, Voluntary it is not. Forced it's not communism or socialism others.
Speaker 6: People moneies is not the way to. Go if people aren't.
Speaker 5: Doing it, volunteerarily they're not learning to be Christ. Like if they're not learning to be Christ, like if it's being extorted or extracted from, others it's really not.
Speaker 3: Contributing does that make?
Speaker 5: Sense, Absolutely, Mark and that's that's why we need to lean towards stewardship instead of government. Programs we need to care for one. Another AND i.
Speaker 6: Think that's a wonderful.
Speaker 3: Thing and hopefully you do.
Speaker 5: Too have to leave us storry to see you, go but the rest of you stay tuned At Financial issues dot org as we continue this conversation six ten three six three eleven.
Speaker 9: Tenth we're happy to have you, today folks On Financial issues the number six ten three six three eleven.
Speaker 2: Ten you can also check us out at financial issues dot. Org that's a great place to, go Especially Financial issues dot. Org Slash watch that's of course the place you can watch our live, Show Financial, issues as well As Stewardship, today which is our weekend show that we upload every, weekend new episodes Every. Saturday drop for, that so make sure check that out on the website as. Well, guys the markets have opened and they are down. Slightly it looks like that's What i'm seeing, Anyway, mark with the exception of the Dal jones that's, UP smp, Down nasdaq.
Speaker 3: Down and oil is also still, down which is.
Speaker 2: Good So, Mark gold must have heard what we were talking about, earlier because gold's up a percent this.
Speaker 3: Morning it kirked up a, Bit it perked up nicely so. Far.
Speaker 6: YEAH i think everybody ran out and started buying a little gold.
Speaker 3: And, said must be what they, did, right, guys six ten three six three eleven. Ten.
Speaker 2: MARK a great comment here From eddie And tennessee is, Saying, mark thanks for your comments about THE fim family sticking. Together we rely on your financial advice in moving through the financial storms of the future and preparing.
Speaker 3: For what may happen in the. Future that's Great. Mark, well Thanks.
Speaker 5: Eddie you, know hopefully that advice rings. True hopefully It's god's advice and not. Mine and that Says sam and, myself get out of the way and just listen to The.
Speaker 6: Lord, sure we have to look at what's going.
Speaker 5: On we have to interpret the, weather whether it's economic weather or financial.
Speaker 3: Weather but we want it to Be.
Speaker 5: God's And god's word gives us more insight than any anything we can get.
Speaker 3: From the daily.
Speaker 5: News so that's what we're trying to, do is bring you true, stewardship biblical, stewardship to help you prepare for the, future not just, tomorrow but.
Speaker 3: Forever, yeah well.
Speaker 2: Said mark six ten three six three eleven. Ten, mark we're getting a call From robert In South. Carolina why do we talk to?
Speaker 7: Him?
Speaker 3: Now let's do.
Speaker 5: That, Hey, robert welcome To Financial. Issues Happy. Monday what's on your?
Speaker 3: Mind?
Speaker 7: Mark how are you?
Speaker 5: Doing?
Speaker 3: Man i'm doing.
Speaker 7: Good, OKAY i have a question for you guys And. Mark it's probably more Towards. SETH i think he knows more about this.
Speaker 3: Portfolio, Well i'll go get a cup of. Coffee, THEN.
Speaker 7: I, MEAN i JUST i, mean we probably got some information on how to do the. Tags and my wife gets has the email AND i don't always see what comes, through SO i think it got zapped if you guys sent. One but how do we use these? Tags BECAUSE i found SOMETHING i can use him.
Speaker 3: For, Yeah, Robert i'm so glad you.
Speaker 2: Asked and, folks, again this is this is one of the features that we have on our portfolio, tracker as we call it the tagging. Feature so it's basically the ability to be able to assign your different investments to different uh you, know different types of investment accounts that you can. See, So, robert the thing that you do is when you go onto the portfolio track or, page you scroll down below the pie, chart below the bar, chart and there's that there's this line, There there's there's a little a circle with an eye, there and then there's a square button that says, all and then there's a square button.
Speaker 3: Next that that says add if you add.
Speaker 2: That so if you click that ad, button you can then add basically a tagging option for. You so say you have a four oh ONE, k you can add that in color code. It and then what you do with your particular investments is when you go down to, SAY i don't, know say you're holding any of the items that are on our by list right, now on the left hand, side you'll see a circle. Option it'll be color coded white once you initially add the actual position to it because it's not assigned.
Speaker 3: Anywhere but when you.
Speaker 2: Click that color coded you, know, circle that then gives you an option to be able to code it to whatever tag you would. Like that's just a real quick kind of example for, That. Robert BUT i will tell you we do have a video as. Well if you click on The Portfolio Tracker general guidelines up at the top of the, page that gives you a little more information on.
Speaker 3: It does that help it, All?
Speaker 7: Robert, So Robert, Jurie i'm right on THE Ta i'm on the, page you, KNOW i. Said.
Speaker 5: Good what THAT ad button does is allow you to make any type of a tag you. Want you can you can customize it to say anything you.
Speaker 6: Want it could be my.
Speaker 5: Portfolio my son's, portfolio four one k I ra or growth, stocks or whatever you want to. Do you can create as Many you can create the tags and customize.
Speaker 6: Them then you link them on each of THE uh on each of the individual.
Speaker 7: Securities, yeah we have one big area where we have most of our portfolio in THE, swab BUT i have a couple other areas THAT i can't always. See it'd be easy to be able to pull them up on this So i'm can see what they're doing.
Speaker 5: For.
Speaker 3: Sure you know WHAT i? Mean are, Those, robert are those other?
Speaker 2: Investments are they in a different type of account than your main one At.
Speaker 7: Schwab, well, yeah, Yeah maryland had A fidelity for years and so we still have kept. That and ALSO i have The. Timothy you, Know i'm a, pastor SO i have a four to one three beef with. Them.
Speaker 3: Nice so that that's that's.
Speaker 7: Where and it's just, easy be, easy peasy to punch in on this thing and pull the tags up and see WHAT i.
Speaker 5: Got, yeah that's that's an excellent use of.
Speaker 3: It, robert.
Speaker 2: Exactly So, robert what you could do is you could you could have a tag that is yours At, schwab you could have one for your wife's At.
Speaker 3: Fidelity you could have Your timothy four oh THREE.
Speaker 2: B each of those would be different color, coded but when you have it set to all on the portfolio, tracker you can see them all. Together they're just they're just color, coded so you can actually, tell, okay this one's in this particular account and so.
Speaker 3: Forth you can sort the. Tags, yeah, yeah, Exactly, okay.
Speaker 7: Good it shouldn't be a it shouldn't be a problem for me to fix. IT i just didn't LIKE i miss the guidelines or WHATEVER i was supposed.
Speaker 5: To do to do it so now, ANYWAY i, know you can always just call, in get a hold of one of. Us somebody will help walk you through if you need some help walking.
Speaker 2: Through that for, Sure, ROBERT i could EVEN i mean i'd Be i'd be glad to give you a call later today as. Well if you need any more info or maybe if you need any, information you can always call.
Speaker 3: ME i can get.
Speaker 2: YOU i can Have darlene give you my phone number and then we can we can talk later if you need the.
Speaker 3: Help but if you've if you've got, it, Awesome.
Speaker 7: Okay, listen you know you were talking about The bible versus, today you, know and incentive is drive what we. Do and people don't understand that incentives make us. Work and you, Know, mark like you, said your father would say good. Job mom was more likely to tell me good job and the things THAT i. Did and, see people don't realize when socialism and communism comes in the, market there's absolutely no incentive to do, anything.
Speaker 5: None, whatsoever right, Right there's no reward for doing a good.
Speaker 6: Job there's no you don't get to partake in doing a good.
Speaker 5: Job it's just so why would, YOU i, mean everybody is forced.
Speaker 6: Into the lowest common.
Speaker 5: Denominator that's why it didn't work In america in the founding.
Speaker 6: DAYS i don't know.
Speaker 5: If most people know, this but originally the companies that would come, over that's what they were called. Companies they were sponsored by. Companies they'd come, over they set up their, camps they'd set up their, things but they'd all work together to produce, together and then they'd all share in. Equally, well, obviously lazy people wouldn't work, hard and then those who were working hard finally gave, up and we almost lost all our colonies because of. That and then they decided to start letting people tend their own gardens and reap the benefits from. That and when that started, happening it started. Blossoming so yeahanism, socialism it doesn't. Work it always will take you down to the least, productive and low productivity creates, depression it creates obviously, need there's just so many ugly things about. It eventually it, collapsed and from What i've seen, historically that's within, years not within, decades you, know so you're absolutely, Right.
Speaker 3: Robert.
Speaker 7: Yeah the prime example Is jamestown because the dairy rail And jamestown was like ninety five percent because they wouldn't. Work and they brought these guys they had a name for, them BUT i can't come up with it, now but they were elders men or, something and they would bring servants to work for, them and they wouldn't. Work the thing that Saved James jamestown was there WAS i can't remember the guy's, name but they brought somebody in and he made anybody who hadn't worked back on them. Boat that's the only thing to. Say jamestown and The pilgrims are the ones that first tried the capitalist. Thing they did. That they did exactly what he Said. Mark they appointed fields for people, who you, know for their own, profit and, boy that's when things took off there when The pilgrims were. Here so but, anyway that's why the socials don't want us reading these.
Speaker 3: Books that's, right that's the. Key that's.
Speaker 5: What, yeah let's not let's not talk about the truth about what really. Happened then let's, uh you, know everybody, says, well we got to look at some other country to see how bad. Socialism, no just look at the founding of our. Country we wouldn't have a country if we would have stuck to.
Speaker 7: It, yeah and, see incentives drive the gross national product and everything.
Speaker 3: Else so anyway and product.
Speaker 7: Of this phone's not messing with you. Guys BUT i appreciate all you guys. Do the only Thing i'm disappointed about IS i didn't get you in on land that they.
Speaker 4: Want i'm sure we'll get there, something We'll, robert there's still, time there's Still let.
Speaker 7: Me thank you so much for everything you.
Speaker 3: Do god bless.
Speaker 6: You good good.
Speaker 3: Call you.
Speaker 5: Know the socialism, thing it's so true that we almost lost before the country even. Began when we were Settling, america When europe was Settling, america socialism was the. RULE a lot of people didn't know that everybody worked for the company and nobody worked for. Themselves and because of, that nobody had any incentive except to stay. Alive and and a lot of people died because of. That because there were lazy. People there were people who weren't going to do, anything and they didn't see any. HOPE i think that's the thing that's missing the, most is. Hope with, stewardship there's hope because you're not just doing it for, yourself you're doing it for the. Kingdom and you're doing it for others and. Yourself it just all comes together in a beautiful. Way six' ten three six three, eleven ten, six ten three six three.
Speaker 6: Eleven ten give us.
Speaker 5: A call maybe you remember some of your early day, educational classes or maybe they never talked this to you when you were.
Speaker 3: In school but they.
Speaker 5: Did us THAT'S why I think roberts said we got to get back to.
Speaker 8: The books.
Speaker 10: The opinions and recommendations expressed on this program do not necessarily represent the opinions of the station or any of the. Program, sponsors additionally all products or services offered by the program sponsors may not be known by.
Speaker 2: The, program folks we'll get you in six ten three six three, eleven ten especially anyone who wants to kickstart a good old fashioned. Mark rant we would, welcome you especially if you want to call IN six.
Speaker 3: I don't have. To rant we have such great.
Speaker 5: People listening, For example robert he knew the history of the Settlement. Of america i'm looking at the Looking at george in. The chat he's, bringing, Up Uh, william bradford he's bringing up the the The The mayflower compact which everyone owned, the land no. Private, ownership well if there's no, private ownership there's no there's. No responsibility if there's, no responsibility nothing. Gets done i've, ran BUSINESSES and i know as soon as everybody is responsible, for everything it just goes down to two means.
Speaker 4: No one is responsible, for, anything.
Speaker 5: Right, Exactly right and and there's no incentive there for anybody exactly anyway we HAVE such i don't need. To rant everybody else is going to take care of it.
Speaker 3: For you six ten three six three. Eleven.
Speaker 2: Dead mark here's a good Question from Manuel In. South dakota, He's, saying mark the growth mutual fund allocation model has a certain percentage, in commodities but there are no funds available to. Choose from can you comment on what your recommendation is regarding this sector for investors following the mutual.
Speaker 3: Fund, Model well.
Speaker 6: I'm a little bit confused. In that don't we have sprout?
Speaker 5: Physical gold, we do IT'S, an etf it is a fund pH y s would. Be one and then there's the, physical silver Isn't? There yep there, absolutely, Is, yeah yeah, so yeah we have we have the two major ones covered ps L. V uh that's that's the sprot physical silver both those. Are ETFs both those trade like a stock but are actually funds that and, they're physical meaning that when you put money, into this they. Buy effectively this is how. It works they buy more. Silver gold when people exchange, their share they sell silver, or gold depending on the depending on. The fund, so yeah there's. No reason so those are the two i'd.
Speaker 2: Be, recommending, Yeah Absolutely, so manuel go and check those out and check them out again on the by lists there and follow up you have any, More, questions brother it's a.
Speaker 3: Good, One, Absolutely, Yeah seth i'm going to put you to.
Speaker 4: WORK here i got a. Fun one let's just in From walt age. Sixty one i'm using the growth and. Income, model well building, THE portfolio i purchased stocks that were moved from a buye to, a hold resulting in having multiple stocks valued at less than one percent of the. Portfolio value continuing to fill out, THE sectors i purchase new stocks on top of that from the, buy list And now i've ended up with forty five to fifty stocks. Or POSITIONS should i sell some of those positions on the whole list to reduce the number?
Speaker 3: Of, stocks, well well.
Speaker 2: YOU know i like your, thinking there and especially if your goal is to make the portfolio easier. TO manage i would definitely encourage on what if.
Speaker 4: His goal is to collect just all, the time don't just?
Speaker 3: Collect, everything yeah keep on, keep.
Speaker 2: Don't gentleman, You, know mark forty five or fifty stocks can become a, LITTLE cumbersome, i think especially when YOU know i would assume at least probably several of those represent less than one percent of, The portfolio so in, other words they're not really meaningful contributors to your to.
Speaker 3: YOUR portfolio i.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't automatically sell something simply because it moved from by. To hold but what you might do is start with those weaker holdings in the positions that you have the least conviction in and maybe move on from those and use that as an opportunity to clean up the. Portfolio rebalance, that way you can aim for those appropriate positions closer to your normal three to five percent entry level and maintain proper sector.
Speaker 3: Diversification, too mark the number that.
Speaker 2: We always tell people is generally between like twenty and.
Speaker 3: Forty positions is? That correct there generally.
Speaker 5: Average thirty thirty. Different positions and the reason we say that is because at three percent three to, five percent you're going to be at around, thirty positions, you know twenty five to, thirty positions so that that's a. Good number it doesn't have to be. That number it could be, substantially less especially if you're using some funds or ETFs.
Speaker 6: In there because then you have a lot more.
Speaker 5: Than, ave obviously everybody just looks at a fund as, a position but it's really not a. Single position it's anywhere from dozens to hundreds of different positions inside. That fund so if you're carrying mutual funds as well, or ETFs that number could be a little. Bit different, but yeah it's easier. To manage and that's the bottom line there For what waltz. Talking about but also when you get it down to, so small you could diversify yourself out to just BEING an smp five hundred or, you know an index fund that really may not go anywhere because when something else is, going up something else is.
Speaker 3: Going down can it's like canceling itself out.
Speaker 5: Right right the goal is to find financial issues steal core companies that have the higher potential. Of return so the ultimate goal is over the, long term to be outpacing the way to well. Diversified, Indexes, Absolutely mark i'm glad that you brought up the thing about, over diversification because we DO tell, i.
Speaker 3: Mean listen diversification is a core part of. Our strategy but the, old saying too much of a good thing can be.
Speaker 2: Too much too much diversification can be too much where it starts to harm, your portfolio.
Speaker 5: For.
Speaker 7: Sure.
Speaker 5: Right absolutely remember there are bad companies that have made it onto. The exchanges there's reasons some of them get taken off the exchanges after, a while because they've just deteriorated and stuff. Like that the goal is not to own those kind. Of companies the goal is to own the better of, the companies and by, doing so you positioning yourself to hopefully have a better return than. Just neutral if it's going to, be neutral you might as well just be in a.
Speaker 3: Money. Market, Yeah. Absolutely mark here's a Question From dan dan.
Speaker 2: Sixty six he says he's asking ME about kkr tick. OR symbol kkr has made an offer To. Acquire, Ugi, recently UGI which, i own shot up almost.
Speaker 3: FORTY dollars i believe it's forty dollars.
Speaker 2: A share would this be a good time to sell or WOULD, keeping ugi which MAY, become kkr be a. Better option i've been retired for, two years sixty six. Years old seventy percent of my portfolio is in a money market. Or CDs most are long, term CDs earning approximately four and a. Half percent the rest of my portfolio are in dividend earning stocks and. Preferred stocks most stock dividends are utilities.
Speaker 3: And energies what do you think mark For dannag so we.
Speaker 6: Have, it yeah we have a conservative income.
Speaker 5: Portfolio Here so i'm going to extract from that that you your sleep factor is as a, concerservative investor also that you're in the income time of your life where you're producing income.
Speaker 3: For yourself so given your.
Speaker 5: Retirement positions and, Your allocation i'd lean towards selling at least PART of ugi to after that jump from when that announcement. Came out YOU know kkr THEY reported i think it's forty two to fifty, per SHARE and ugi is trading around thirty seven thirty seven.
Speaker 3: Point five that.
Speaker 5: Means there's really an additional upside if the deal, goes through by about ten percent nine, ten percent.
Speaker 3: But the stock could also fall if it doesn't. Go through so. Right now it's just talk.
Speaker 6: Quite, FRANKLY.
Speaker 5: Dan i think based on your sleep factor and based on, your portfolio. I'd sell i'd sell a portion, of it, you know sell fifty or seventy ft five percent now and hold the balance in case it actually does. Go through that would be my suggestion. To you it would fit more with who you are and where you're at.
Speaker 3: Right, now, Yeah, awesome dan it's a, good. Question brother. Appreciate.
Speaker 2: That mark We've got jeffy's, sixty Seven says mark. Sixty seven in a, growth portfolio would it make sense to invest some of my utility sector into preferred stocks on the by list to get a better rate? OF return i don't anticipate in meeting the principle for about five years. Or more thanks so Much, To fimtam you're faithless to. The lord FOLLOWING the fis model has been a blessing to. My family what would you Have for, Jeff, Here, mark, Well.
Speaker 6: YEAH jeff i think that that can make sense.
Speaker 5: For a portion of your, utility allocation particularly if you want to be adding more dependable income without abandoning your. GROWTH strategy i know preferds don't really have a lot of growth but if they're, already undervalued you do.
Speaker 6: Have that let's say it's.
Speaker 5: At one of the preferreds is traded at nineteen instead of, twenty five which which is probably would be its. Call price you do have some. Upside THERE but i wouldn't make the change simply because you're. Sixty seven your, time arising income needs and overall asset allocation matter far more than.
Speaker 6: Your age AND what i mean, By that with.
Speaker 5: Five years plus before you expect to need, the principal you still have time for your equities. To WORK so i wouldn't panic. OR move i just moved gently in, that direction step. By step if you go into the, partner's hub you look up on the by lists and you find out preferred that in the utility section that's PAYING that i, don't know six eight, nine percent maybe even in a. Little undervalued maybe you sell one of your sell something off and then buy into that and then do it a step at, A time, no rush just gently.
Speaker 2: Move on awesome quick one here to finish, The Show mark peter in our chat is saying are you are you saying thirty stocks is the ideal no matter the size of. THE portfolio I think i'd want many more than THIRTY if i had like a ten million dollars portfofit is that logic, Makes, Sense, mark.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know it kind. Of does but remember there's more to it than just the size of. The, portfolio obviously size does matter in this situation because of one percent on ten million dollars and you're at one hundred thousand dollars. Buy in, so yeah that that isn't a small thing and it can have a reasonable.
Speaker 6: Impact in everyday life.
Speaker 5: That way, So yeah i'm glad you bring. That up and actually that was on my mind as we were talking, about that so thank you for bringing. That up you could, have more but it also you need to be able to.
Speaker 3: Manage that if you.
Speaker 5: Can't manage one hundred different stocks, every month if you go into, the portal or if you're trying to do it yourself and you can't, do it then you need to bring it down to. Being manageable That's all i'm saying, With that, but yeah that can change with. THE amount i want to thank everybody for. BEING here i want to thank you for Loving the lord. SO much i want to thank you for investing with. Biblical integrity this is, financial issues and we're glad you're, with us and we look forward to. Seeing, yourmorrow hope hopefully you'll have A.
Speaker 3: Great monday god. Bless everyone
Speaker 7: If we ever forget that we're one Nation, under god then we will be a nation