Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network. Hello and welcome to another wonderful Thursday Night with Doctor Will Dots. And it's the first Thursday of the month. Will's always here. Incredible to see everybody here and lots of exciting stuff to cover tonight. As you saw in.
Speaker 2: The title and in the thumbnail and all.
Speaker 1: That stuff, we got a special guest coming. They're going to be coming tonight to discuss a specific release. You're gonna have to wait on that one. You'll find out later. But as I alluded to, they are very much tied to the music scene. So if you're in the music please hang out. You're gonna love to hear from them. But first, Doctor Will your everybody's favorite. Glad you're here. How you been?
Speaker 2: Well, everybody is somebody's favorite.
Speaker 1: You specifically seem to be most of the world's favorite.
Speaker 2: This world, this world, it's a curious one to this world. Yeah, you know, there's worth worst, there's worse things.
Speaker 1: There are worse things.
Speaker 2: I'm doing. Okay, had a birthday last week?
Speaker 1: You did. We all gave you a shout out on the podcast last week, So happy birthday in person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't listen when I'm not on, but oh we know. But it turned out to be an excellent birthday weekend because mister John Daily took me to Charlotte, North Carolina to see the great Fabio Fritzy perform the score of Zombie by Luccio Faulci live. Yes, sir, and it was great. We got to meet Fabio. He was incredibly generous and very amused that I had a copy of his autobiography, which I very foolishly did not bring for him to sign, but he did sign a poster for me. John had never seen Zombie before, so it was an excellent introduction for the film. I think I forgot that part. Yeah, yeah. And then that was Saturday night, and then Sunday night we went to see Gang of Four perform some rock and roll songs.
Speaker 1: So always an nice week. I know you're super tight into the music scene. Actually I went to a show this week too, which I don't get to do a lot. That's pretty nice.
Speaker 2: Did you see a DC Talk reunion or they broke up once? No. I went to see Foxy Shazam actually, oh, sweet.
Speaker 1: Love fox They played with that the number twelve looks like you and I was amused to find out that there's still a band after like twenty six years.
Speaker 2: Not familiar.
Speaker 1: It's one of those two thousand's emo scream o bands for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Other than that, it's been a busy time for both of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lots.
Speaker 1: We've got a brand new issue of The Physical Media Advocate releasing hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning, So look out for that. That one is Ian. It's got a really incredible cover. I can't wait for you guys to see it. We got a different cover artist this time, mister Ron Winnick did a beautiful piece on an iconic movie that I don't even want to give away because when you see it, man, Idiot is great. Other than that, lots of editing, lots going on. Uh what about some recent watches? Anything you want to highlight?
Speaker 2: Oh I got I got two more announcements before we get to the shoot. Go yeah, go right ahead. We take our time. The first of the month.
Speaker 1: First of the month. I forgot it felt like the second of the month.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's the first of the month. Check. Come on. I'm really proud to say that the documentary Mad, which my sister edited, was nominated for two Emmys, Best Director and Outstanding Arts and Culture Documentary, So wish them the best of lot. Not sure why there wasn't an editing nomination, but it'll come. No really happy about that, and uh, as I said before, even if she hadn't worked on it, I was pretty impressed with that documentary side. If you have access to Disney Plus, check it out. It's worth it. And then the other thing, which I'll plug at the beginning of the show and at the end, is if any listeners are in the Carolina North Carolina region, which, by the way, today was named forty third lowest pay for teachers in the nation. That doesn't have anything to do with what I'm about to say. It was just a little tidbit pretty third. If you're around and free on Memorial Day weekend, you should consider coming to Carolina Fearfest, where mister John Daley and I are going to be wrapping a table for several films and for terror vision records and video, where there's a super boutique team up both tables represented. If that's not enough reason for you to come out, Malcolm McDowell was going to be there. Samantha mathis Bill Moseley, Tiffany Sippis, and this great recording artist that I used to listen to in the early two thousands named Tracy Lords. She does dance me. You've heard of her.
Speaker 1: I was wondering how that was going to work out because.
Speaker 2: She didn't album called a Thousand Fires. What you know, Reactor, It's great.
Speaker 1: What we were first talking about, you do at the table and I let you know that Tracy Lawrence is going to be there. I thought for about a whole week, I was never going to hear about anything else.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, have you ever seen Excision?
Speaker 1: Excision?
Speaker 2: I want to say twenty twelve? She is so good that movie. I mean that if it's incredible. Excision is a really good movie. And Tracy Lords, like if you if you've ever, if you've only ever you know seen her and you know schlocky stuff, check out Excision because her performance was fantastic, like absolutely devastating. Excision is a movie that parents will have trouble watching. It's a tough one. Man. So a big fan of of Miss Lords. Trying to decide what I want to get signed her memoir, her album, my copy of Excision, all right, my my forehead so that I could tattoo the signature.
Speaker 1: Yes, go see Will and John in person. Uh and on top of that, pick up some wares from Severn and terr Vision. I'm sure they can work out some sort of deal with you. It's gonna be lots of incredible stuff available. Go check that out, Tiffany. That's gonna be there, Daniel Roebuck. Nancy Loomis. I just had a long talk about Malcolm McDowell with another boutique owner today.
Speaker 2: It's pretty funny. I'm glad he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be there. That's a big name, and he's kind of having a moment. I mean, zero grad and uh, you know, obviously there's uh, you know, some drama around the release. But Caligula was a big thing recently, and then Evil Anko from Unearthed just came out fairly recently.
Speaker 2: Lots of McDowell stuff. Yeah, yeah, he's recently opened a gardening company on the side called mctrowell.
Speaker 1: That was a very me joke and I appreciate all right, I love this jocus. Sibner says, well, doctor Loomis be there. Funny enough, Nancy Loomis will be there, will be there. I was at Nancy Lewis's First Common twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean about you.
Speaker 1: You've been watching a lot of stuff that we've been working on.
Speaker 2: What else you've been watching? Am I allowed to talk? I can't talk about any of that yet.
Speaker 1: I mean you can talk about Devil's Sword a little bit.
Speaker 2: I hyped that up. Two devil possessives we can talk about, right. Oh yeah, yeah. So just finished up Like Today booklet essay for Terror Vision's release of The Devil's Sword, the Great Indonesian exploitation film, Martial Arts fantasy Crocodile hunting film, very enjoyable, and we did a visual essay for Deaf Crocodile's upcoming release of the first Lithuanian rock opera, The Devil's Bride. So two of the Devil's items are available for purchase. Let's see and the Sword watches. Okay, so only one of these is the first time to watch. But my most recent watches were for wrapping up my cult film's class. We watched Society. Brian used them appropriately. Today is International Worker's Day. Eat the rich or They'll eat you. We also checked out Franken Hooker and I have to say I've said this on the show before, but probably the thing that makes me happiest in the world is knowing that almost two decades worth of students at the University of North Carolina Greensboro, if they take media, if they major media studies, are likely going to have to watch this movie in order to graduate. And nothing gives me more pleasure than the reaction to all of the hookers blowing up scene. And we had a great conversation, like they totally got it. We had fantastic talk afterwards about, you know, the commodification of women's bodies and the sort of cultural dissection of body parts and so on. That was really good. And keep them with a theme Jennifer's Body, Where's My four K? We watched The Director's Cup, which has that great funeral scene. Loved this movie. Students loved it as well. A lot of people it was their first time and they were really surprised. And finally, just to show that I've got culture, watched Dario Argento's staging of Giuseppe Vanity's opera Macbeth in conjunction.
Speaker 1: With a Blu Ray release.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got a nice little interview where he talks about some quotations he makes from Deep Red and from the film opera within the staging of this. It's quite good. Actually, you know, I'm not an opera buff, but you know it's two and a half hours long and I was riveted the entire time. Lastly watched one of my favorite films, also in class, and this is something I also really like introducing to people. Kathleen Collins Losing Ground nice which only gets better with age, Bill Gunn, Dwayne Jones, Sarah Scott just it's incredible, great, great movie.
Speaker 1: Soonners wanting to know about that opera release.
Speaker 2: It's region A, sorry region, oh all regions?
Speaker 1: Where was it released?
Speaker 2: What do you mean where is it released? I'm blue ra I got it off Amazon chairman. Okay, well the disc itself.
Speaker 1: Like, did it come from a boutique in Italy or something like that?
Speaker 2: No, I think it's I think this was produced the company says Dynamic. It's an Italian company called Dynamic. But the Blu ray was made I think by the theater that put on the the tiatrokotchia nice. Tatro is Italian for theater and cochia is Italian for I caught you coffee. I think, isn't that cafe? I don't know.
Speaker 1: This week I watched a couple of shorts. I've been watching a lot more shorts lately. UH watched the new twenty twenty five movie Nobukine with my family the and Ray Nicholson Neppo Baby Duel to the Death film. Uh good, good movie. I was surprised. I thought it was actually pretty well handled, pretty damn funny. Jack Wade is a charismatic son of a bitch, and Ray Nicholson I think has actually got a pretty well disagrees, uh, pretty pretty solid future. He's he's pretty good at what he does. But the other big thing definitely want to talk about is uh the Patreon watch a lot was this last weekend? And Uh On Sunday we watched uh crazy movie Jeffrey Wright's Romper Stomper from nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: My first watch ever.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, wait, let me do it, Let me let me do it. What are you doing here? Yeah? These is not y'all contra.
Speaker 1: It was a damn good movie.
Speaker 2: I'd say they show that in the White House.
Speaker 1: They probably should. I never mind, I was gonna make a worse I.
Speaker 2: No, no, I interrupted you and I want you to start over, because Roper Stumper it's a great movie. I don't want to hear you talk about it.
Speaker 1: It's an incredible movie, just remarkably acted. I am, uh, you know, just absolutely thrown by the amount of pure violence they showed in that movie. It was it did not hold a damn thing back. And sitting down with a group of people to watch that was really interesting, and it was a lot of people. I think most of us had never seen it before. I think only one had. So to be able to have those responses in the moment in this climate then that we've had over the last few years is I don't know. It's it's relieving in a way to know that it has existed and it's not just a new thing that's taking over, but also it's terrifying. In the other hand of that, Robber Stomper is a wild movie that I almost feel like people should be required to watch.
Speaker 2: It the major trigger warnings beforehand, you.
Speaker 1: Know, major trigger warnings. There's a lot of things that I man just so pissed off in the movie. But that's that's the funny thing. Is everybody in this movie is wholly unlikable, and they film it and tell the story in a way that makes you, in small moment sympathize with some of these people, and you go, wait, wait, wait, No, these are just massive pieces of shit the entire time.
Speaker 2: But they're human, right, you see, you see why they retreat into hatred. You know right, We're gonna take We're gonna take everything and ruin your life. God sent us. It is definitely remarkably quotable, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that was that was a hell of the first time watch especially with a group of people. Really, I know, it's an interesting time to like self promote like this, but the Patreon been growing.
Speaker 2: Everybody give it a thought if you are into it.
Speaker 1: More people at these watch alongs really make it more interesting. And we every single time after we have the watch along, we stayed to talk about the movie and everything else. I think the movie got done about ten pm Central time. This last time, I didn't go to bed till after two on Sunday night because we all just sat there on on discord and talked for hours.
Speaker 2: Genuinely, So, month, how do you do it? Is it like audio channels? Are you typing?
Speaker 1: No, it's all audio and typing at the same time. Wow, in discord, I'm playing the movie for everybody.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you're actually like streaming it.
Speaker 1: I am streaming the film for everybody.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that is sweet. Yeah. I tried to do one of those things one time with a different group that will not be named, and got there and I was supposed to have already watched the movie on my own, and I was like, well, I thought we were watching it together and then talking about it, and they're like, no, you watched and then we talk about it. Oh, I don't want to do that. It's like everybody was like day we tried it, and it was like days later for most of them, and half of them hadn't even watched it, of course, because when you're left to do something on your own, you don't do it. And so I'm glad that you like make it live like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean you kind of have to a lot of these things people aren't going to make the time, and it makes it an event. It's something special for sure. The other thing too, I know that Will and I didn't really plan on saying it, but both of us kind of facing rough times at the moment for sure, in our personal lives and the Patriot. I'm SI running with that promotion where if you sign up at the twelve dollars level and pay for a year in advance, you get a bonus gift, So check that out. If you're inclined, we would love to have you in the discord. It's an incredibly active thing. We've got people that own record stores across the US. We've got people from labels in there to ask questions to Joel from Scarecrows always in there, answering questions for people, all kinds of people, sharing thoughts on movies, sharing trailers that come out, and just hanging out. It's literally the best place for film on the Internet that I've ever found. So really grateful to have everybody in this time.
Speaker 2: You know what I do. Whenever time's rough, kit is it safe to share on YouTube? I take this big square gummy and I put it in my mouth. Speaking of Joel, I watched the first few episodes of the Last of Us, and for those of us who don't play video games, you're in for a surprise.
Speaker 1: I still need to start the show here. It's incredible.
Speaker 2: It kind of sucks. The first season was like one of the most boring things I thought, I was like, can we like Honestly, the first season had me longing for the fast pace of walking dead.
Speaker 1: Yikes, yikes, yikes, yikes, Ronnie said, the last of Us ripped out my heart.
Speaker 2: A sorry, despite it being boring to me, I did. I was moved by the thing that happens. All right.
Speaker 1: I could to spoil it here.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's pretty well known, but because like all the gamers are like, how are they going to do that? And the answer was they just freaking did it. Like whoa, dude, that's brave, that's like, you want to move on.
Speaker 1: Well, I've never seen it, so I have no idea and I've never had it spoiled. But Will and I had some pre orders come in that we have not made recently. What kind of pickups you got?
Speaker 2: I got a bunch because I didn't. I don't think I showed any last month because I was broadcasting from.
Speaker 1: Oh you were on the beach last month.
Speaker 2: That's right, Ronnie found season one moving. I did. At times, I just was like I wanted more zombie death. That said, speaking of, it's not like I don't like things that are slow, because I just got three box sets of Hal Hartley movies who I love and that's really your fault because you were like, how Hartley's putting all those movies on discounts. So I was like, shit, and it's pretty rare. And I got my Grindhouse releasing of the four K of the Beyond Excellent, which came with a T shirt that said directed by Luccio Faulci, which of course I wearded the Fabio Fritzy Show and there was a check there with the same shirt and I was like, ittch, get out. As you know, I'm a huge fan of Domiano Domiani. So I picked up A Man on his Knees, the Signer Story from Radiance. I've also been on a Joe Lynch kick. I got Mayhem and what's that one? Ellie? Is that what it's called? And uh, I forget it. That's the one I happen to watch. It's got Samahaya can Oh no, it's not Ellie, It's I haven't watched it. Yeah. Well, I picked up Chill Rama the Omnibus that's got Adam Rifkin and Joe Lynch, Tim Sullivan, Adam Green. So I'm excited to see that. Speaking of International Worker's Day, I got a classic Hollywood movie that's pro union, The Devil in Miss Jones and Miss Jones. The Devil and Miss Jones, I'm not to be confused. I got a John Cusack double feature of The Sure Thing in Hot Pursuit, Getting my cue Sack on almost.
Speaker 1: That Joe Lynch movie was Everly by the.
Speaker 2: Way, Everly, So I got Everly Mayhem and chill rama to add to suitable flesh. Just got to package in from a Fun City, got My Party Girl, finally got My Lifeguard, got at the slip cover for Sam Elliott and finally very excited about this, so jealous of Bill Ackerman for doing the commentary. I love John Sales, I love Baby It's you I have Finally, and this is kind of a live unboxing because this just arrived this afternoon, one of the most anticipated box sets of the year, with incredibly compelling cover art Black Spilly Classics Number Volume one from Show Factory. Look at that. I really wish.
Speaker 1: That they were going to replace it with another picture.
Speaker 2: Came with a coffee poster, which I'm stoked about, So hooray truck Turner and four K Yeah, I need to get that one eventually. Ye so those are my pickups for April and half of May, half of March. I mean about.
Speaker 1: On well, first, on the Blaxploitation box set, what would be your biggest recommends for everybody else out of there?
Speaker 2: Black Caesar is a bona fide classic Larry Cohen directing Fred the Hammer Williamson the sequel Help in Harlem also Larry Cohen, really really good, followed by Coffee, followed by Across one hundred and tenth Street. These are all bangers. I mean, Sheba Baby, truck Turner, I mean, you cannot go wrong with any of these.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've seen Across one hundred and tenth Street yet.
Speaker 2: I've got the imprint edition of that. My previous editions of Black Caesar and Help, Help and Harlem are olive, so those are replaceable. Sheiba Baby, I have the Arrow addition, and Coffee I have the Umbrella edition. Truck Turner I did not have, so yeah, I mean, obviously these are all four K upgrades with different extras, so if you've got those older editions, you'll want to think carefully.
Speaker 1: I think truck Turner is my favorite there, and I did unfortunately. I think I have the one on one films Blu Ray that was done on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got any more space? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That that is true. I this weekend, I'm gonna be spending a munch time getting list together stuff to get rid of that has been upgraded or unnecessary to keep based on what I've watched and been eh yeah eh, speaking of some great movies that I've not seen, Well, I guess I've seen one of these, but the rest of the I'll do the one I've seen first and then highlight why about the rest of them. I had to get the four K of Tombstone that was just released. I love this. Got this in from.
Speaker 2: Brother Belile go to Brotherbelile dot com.
Speaker 1: Wanted to remind people of that because he seems to have stock on stuff that is selling out elsewhere and then it lasts on his site because people just don't know about it. So make sure you're book bookmarking that Brother Belile b E L I A L dot com Free shipping after one hundred bucks. The big thing with him is if you pre order and buy in stock items, he'll ship you stuff as it's ready, so you can have free shipping and get multiple shipments out of it. Even he's got to be losing money on that, but it's a great site. He packages like a collector. I've known him for years. We met first in vinyl groups like seven years ago, and to see him doing really great stuff with this is great. So check out Brother Blale. Tombstone was in stock there long after it sold out everywhere else. The same thing just happened with Kingdom of Heaven. I think he was the last one to go out of stock.
Speaker 2: I'll be a huckle f k.
Speaker 1: These next three I bought because I before Will had never seen any leaf Frost, and I said I would be supporting these. So the pickup from seven, Oh my god, get this.
Speaker 2: You got to watch mal mal Sex Sex the documentary included on it. It's so good you seen. That's the reason I bought it.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, you speaking on that documentary when it was announced is the like, the main thing that made me want it.
Speaker 2: It's better than the pick up. Uh, and I you know, you know me, I love like if leef Froth made it, I like it. But uh, but Mal Mouse Sex Sex is I think the single best documentary about David Friedman. You really get to know him as a human being and it's so nice nice. I mean, I mean, like I wouldn't trust him, but it checks out. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I I've said on here many many times that I don't have the respect for this person as an actor yet, and I said I was going to try harder, and I especially promised mister Craig Rogers in the chat that I was going to try and I've never seen this, So I had to buy Dirty Harry on four K.
Speaker 2: I was gonna I was going to guess the actor, but I wasn't going to guess Clint east One.
Speaker 1: Who are you gonna guess?
Speaker 2: Uh? I don't know. You know jokes, you don't force it, you know, God, God was going to tell me who to guess.
Speaker 1: And then a few months ago I just realized what you said. A few months ago, I told the chat that I was going to be watching this at some point this year because I've never seen it, and everything I've said is it's one of the most influential things and I love animation. And so I finally picked up a Kira on four K. I've still never and excited to watch it. I got this thing for very cheap.
Speaker 2: Did you say you've never seen it? Never seen in Kira. Wow, now that South Park episode is going to make so much sense, so.
Speaker 1: Much more sense that in the scene and Nope, and yeah, lots of lots of touch points for that that I'm excited to be able to understand now. So yeah, like I said, we've got a special guest that's going to commit in from one of our announcements tonight that is going to be coming during the Vinegar Syndrome portion. Keep an eye on that. If you're into music, keep hanging out. It's somebody that you might recognize. Other than that, anything you want to go into before we go to the announcements, will.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, I did see one other movie. I was like, I couldn't sleep and I was just like, I'll just put someone streaming that's like about to leave the service. And I watched Rambo Last Blood. Holy shit, dude, there's so much blood in that. I mean, was that movie produced by Christy No, that's like the move. Why do you say that they lost their entire budget? No, because that movie really hates Hispanic people. But I was like, I was pretty shocked, pretty shocked. Yeah, it takes a lot to shock me. And I was like, whoa man this is this is like if this, if this, if you watch that movie and that's all you know of, like living near the border, you'd be like, yeah, we need a wall, like whoa. Yeah, I did not care for that movie. I was was pretty pretty upsetting.
Speaker 1: The amount of jokes that just happened about who's somebody, who's technically my boss is making me very happy right now, all right, on the notes of.
Speaker 2: She is my boss, no shade, no shade.
Speaker 1: No lots of shade, geeze, all offense intended. If you are watching the CIA, please I disable my card tomorrow. I'd love to hear that.
Speaker 2: I don't think you really want that to happen.
Speaker 1: For a lawsuit, it would be worth it. A hero, dude, I'd be a martyr.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Ed Norton could play you in a movie. I know they never mind.
Speaker 1: I wasn't making a joke about the new haircut, and they wouldn't use me as a hero anyways.
Speaker 2: In a world where people are afraid to stand up for what they believe in one man, one man work from home.
Speaker 3: All right, Speaking of physical media, let's get into these announcements. First August fourth Blu Ray in the UK from Treasured Films.
Speaker 1: We are getting Mikey from nineteen ninety two. Mikey is the Killer Kid movie that's competed with The good Son and somehow lost, even though I think it is a much better movie, way better, way better.
Speaker 2: John Dial is so fun in this. I love him so much.
Speaker 1: Treasured Films is doing really great stuff. This release has a brand new four K scan from the original negative, which is going to murder the NVD rewind release because that did not look too great. New audio commentary with Amandareas and Justin Kurzwell, there is new interview with star Mimi Craven, a new interview with witt Hertford, new Treasured Film's guide The Killer Kids of the Movies, visual essay by Darryl Buxton, and somehow not Erica Schortz. How does that? Erica Schultz? How does that not make any sense?
Speaker 2: There? Well, this is a killer kid, not a kid who is well, I think, well he does kind of.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's probably gonna go into that subject a little bit. Then we got a feature link doc that was put out before a whole bunch of archival cials.
Speaker 2: Well, Mike, you alluded to it being better overall. What do you feel about Mikey Love Mikey discovered that in the video store years Ashley Lawrence. You know, yeah, I thought Brian Bonsall is great in this movie. He's great sod and it's really funny. I mean, the kids, the kid's body countess.
Speaker 1: There's so many things that happened in this movie, and the mom is just like, you cannot behave this way.
Speaker 2: I think. I think the vhs UH tagline was something like even Freddie and Jason were kids once. Yeah. Yeah, very very funny, very tongue in cheek. Really, I think the it paints right up there with the bad Seed and you know, the real godfathers and godmothers of the killer kid genre. Yeah, great way to start, great way to start the release.
Speaker 1: A couple of weeks ago on the show, I mentioned that I watched the Moonbeam Entertainment film Remote with John Deealle.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about Remote? Love Remote? That's a not a ten Nicolou movie, it is. Yeah, Yeah, you know, I thought the Moonbeam sub label was brilliant. I wish I wish more people knew those films. There are a lot of really good, fun schlocky full moon movies that you can Watch with your kids. Yep.
Speaker 1: I showed all the kids remote and both of them loved it. My oldest was so happy watching it, he laughed so hard. Yeah, all right, carrying on Arrow of course follow that up as it was the last Friday of the month and the first one July twenty first in the UK July twenty second in all of North America. There's a Blu ray collection coming called the night Watch Collection. This includes the film from nineteen ninety four and the essentially legacy sequel from twenty twenty three packaged together, which I think is really cool.
Speaker 2: For this one, they did an American remake right with you, and they did Yeah. I never saw this.
Speaker 1: I don't think I think I've seen the original. I don't really remember it. We got some extras on here does the two disc set. Each of the films gets their own discs, so that'll be nice. Got some decent art looking on this one. Anybody loving night Watch? I love to hear what people say. I don't know if this is worth it, but I do really like the art on this. Dustin says, you think Disney was aware of Mike you and they cast Brian Bond solid blank Jack what's funny is when I showed the kids, Mikey Jodah went, that's blank Jack.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Here we go July fourteenth in the UK, July fifteenth in North America. We are getting Crumbcatcher. This is a brand new contemporary film from twenty twenty three that says two married couples collide in Chris Sketch, Staples sketchedupoles. Beautifully shot and wonderfully wild. Crumbcatcher a truly unique and darkly funny home invasion thriller from the stable of Larry Fessenden's Glass Eye Pictures. This is gonna have a new go ahead, Scotch toopple, Scotch toopple. Okay, that sounds like something I can order at waffle house. We got a new commentary by mister Scotchdopple himself, recorded exclusively for Area in twenty twenty five. We've got a making of It's a thirty eight minute behind the scenes feature. We've got some short films on here, which I always love, and yeah, the usual. They got a collector's booklet in this. There's even an intro by Larry Fessenden himself, and there's a new writing on it, so it looks like a good set. However, I've heard this movie's not very great. Anybody else seen it?
Speaker 2: Right? I think I made a mistake. I think it's Scotch doppoly.
Speaker 1: Now that instead of something I would order at wailf Last, sounds like a game i'd play on the sidewalk.
Speaker 2: Like with a unhoused guy with a brown bag full of hooch. Anyways, to the dexides.
Speaker 1: Jesus, Well, we're not gonna spend too much time on this one. Arrow got the rights for narc again. They put this out in the US. They're releasing this on four K and Blu Ray in the UK now on July seventh. All the same features, all everything. That's yeah, the exact same release. So if you already got this one, you don't need that one. However, UK friends, you can now get this and it's nice to see that it's available there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's narks everywhere these days.
Speaker 1: That's true. They don't stop. July twenty first in the UK, July twenty second in North America. You can get Cutting Pizza with the Pair of Scissors and four K Cobra from nineteen eighty six Now, there was some rumors swirling this last week before this announcement that they might be able to have the workprint and get that in four K. It is here, however, it is just in SD. They did not. They were not able to get original elements for this. It was pulled from a tape master. However, it is the first time that it has been released in ages or seen in ages. This is a pretty huge deal for fans of Cobra. This is a very fun movie. This is who should I say, probably top two or three stallone from me?
Speaker 2: Wow, you want to die with me? Pig?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a This is a pretty good one. This is as far as I can tell, if I remember right, I believe this got all of the screen factory extras, which was a pretty robust release, and they got a new commentary by Kim Newman and Nick Deceemlion. The is also a new commentary by Josh Nelson and Martin Peddler. That's pretty good to get two new commentaries on a already full release. Then Yeah TV version of the movie with deleted and alternate scenes presented for the first time on home video ever in SD and new visual essays, archival interviews, all that bonuses that they had previously, then an illustrated collector's booklet with new writing on the movie by Clem Barstow, will Bibiani, Priscilla Page, and Ariel Shudson. Sorry not Barstow. I'm from there, and that's what I see when I see this last name Bastow. Yes, I love I love William bib Bianni. He's been a friend of the channel, he's been on here before. This looks like a hell of release if you love Cobra, especially if you don't have that Blu ray release. This is a very exciting release.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like Brian Thompson a lot, a good villain.
Speaker 1: Happy with Cobra.
Speaker 2: I mean happy in the sense that it's a spectacle of bloated masculine excess. Politically, it's a little to the right of humanity.
Speaker 1: I mean of humanity.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. I mean, I mean, if you're the kind of person who thinks that some people just deserve to be freaking murdered, then yeah, this is the kind of stuff that's you know, that's Stallone's worldview.
Speaker 1: That's just a normal day in the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next up, though, Oh, he's a fake tough guy. Oh well sure, yeah, obviously.
Speaker 1: This however very very excited by July twenty first in the UK. July twenty second, North America, we are getting a four K of Larry Cohen's The Stuff from nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 2: Adore this movie.
Speaker 1: This is getting an illustrated booklet with writing on the movie by Joel Harley, a new essay by Daniel Burnett. The four K disc is going to have the feature and some extras on it. This has a brand new four K restoration from the OCN by Arrow themselves, new commentary by David Flint and Adrian Smith, and archival commentary by Larry Cohen. We've got the feature link doc that was released previously on this as well then some other archival featurettes. But the big thing disc number two. This is going to be exclusive to the limited edition. You have to buy the limited edition to get this disc. This is a pretty big deal early pre release cut of the movie with thirty plus minutes of additional footage and alternate music score that's been remastered by Arrow. That's huge to be able to get that version. I don't know when it was released before, but yeah, this is This is a pretty good deal.
Speaker 2: The only downside is that the score is the Benny Hill theme, just over and over.
Speaker 1: And it's dispersed evenly throughout the entire film, so it just keeps happening. All the face is getting you away and stuff. Oh man, I adore this movie. I've got I've got a the stuff container up on the shelf over there. I'm sure you like this one too.
Speaker 2: No. Oh yeah, Larry Cohen can do no wrong. That is not not anymore anyway.
Speaker 1: Jesus, oh man, Hey, not really, Hey, we just talked about this movie. July twenty eighth, the UK is getting a four K release of Zombie Flesh Eaters aka Zombie to aka Zombie from nineteen seventy nine by Lucio Fulci. This is a four K restoration from the two per technoscope negative, which means it's the exact same restoration as The Blue Underground. Aero might have done some touch up work, like they've done on some of the previous releases like Housed by the Cemetery. You could see like a very slight improvement over the Blue Underground. I don't remember any issues with the Blue Underground one I've watched it a few times because I adore this movie so nothing that I would be looking for picture quality wise, But new commentary on here by Eugenio or Kolani, Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson. We've got archival commentary's galore. We've got a new visual essay by Alexandra Heller Nicholas, new visual essay by Chris Alexander, and a booklet that's gonna be on this one perfect band book with new writing by Willi McLay, Jack Sargent, Heather Wixon and Matt Rogerson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great movie, big fan. You know, I was thinking if I added up all of the money I've spent on every upgrade of Luccio Fulci and Dario Argento movies since the VHS days, I could probably buy a house.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you could probably fund one of the films they made. Yeah, I really love this movie. If you've never seen it, KB says, does this mean zombie fighting shark on Arrow?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes it does. Don't you remember when that remember that best By commercial had the scene of the zombie fighting in the shark in the middle of the commercial. I remember, I remember the commercial. I must have been watching a basketball game or something, because that's the only time I watched like TV with commercials in it, and uh, best is like, what the hell is that zombie? Some cool some cool dude worked on that commercial.
Speaker 1: On that note, I hope he's able to listen during the season, but I want to shout out, uh, mister John to Marcico who they just did a Zombie Night at the Mets Ballpark and had the fans arrested to zombies and in the broadcast, John played part of the freezy score from Zombie. It went all out to the world, everybody loves s n y John Demarsco, you are my hero. Please keep up what you're doing. You are killing it and it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Way to go, man.
Speaker 1: So yeah you can. You can get this cover with the soon to be I Gore scene, or you can order from the Aero website for an exclusive version their original release. Now what's odd for me on this one? I was like, you know, I kind of want the iconic art if I'm ever going to pick this up. But if you look at it, to me, this looks like it's just gonna be on the like the slip little sleeve that goes around the release itself. I don't just the little slip sleeve. I wanted to be on the hard box, So I don't know if this is worth it to me.
Speaker 2: You're just taking a break. This couch is really comfortable, but I have to like lean forward to do this, and well I lean back, I begin to fall asleep.
Speaker 1: We literally all saw the guvy. Following the Arrow announcements, Terror Vision dropped something silly on their website. This is releasing in June and it is a four K and Blu ray combo pack of Arbor Day from nineteen ninety. What is Arbor Day? You've never seen it? Pretty much guaranteed. This was a lost slasher film that played very few areas and then out of nowhere disappeared and Terror Vision has resurrected it and you can pick this up now shipping to you and June. It premiered in nineteen ninety and now it is here on four k UHD. This is gonna be a three disc set limited to a thousand copies. The third disc here is a different restoration. The filmmakers behind the movie made a restoration themselves that was up on streaming for a little while for some people to see. It's not nearly as good as the four K restoration on this, so make sure you check that out. It has definitely been improved. But the movie itself that's not limited. You'll be able to get that pretty much forever from Terror Vision, so don't worry about that.
Speaker 2: All kinds of extras here.
Speaker 1: The filmmakers themselves put together a pretty giant package for people to discover with this one stoked for people to see it Arbor Day.
Speaker 2: Announced on Arbor Day. By the way, John Daly made an excellent trailer for this and I highly read it. Going to YouTube and watching it, it will make you want to pick up the movie, Yes it will.
Speaker 1: I am happy for this. Going to our next one, Deaf Crocodile, who's in the chat here is putting out Treasures of Soviet Animation Volume one coming this month of This will be shipping at the end of May. This is available to pre order now, check it out on Diabolic, from the Deaf Crocodile site and pretty much anywhere you're getting boutique releases nowadays. This one is going to include The Mystery of the Third Planet from nineteen eighty one, The Return from nineteen eighty and the Pass from nineteen eighty eight. Love the art going on the box set here and yes there are six box sets of Soviet animation currently planned. It's a lot.
Speaker 2: There are various essays. Yes, they are efficient with the animation.
Speaker 1: Two new visual essays on this new commentary by Adam Radcoff, James Hancock, and Martin Kessler. As usual Beth Morris absolutely killed the art. On the standard edition. The deluxe box limited to twelve hundred and fifty copies, you got a sixty page illustrated book with a couple of new essays, including one from Walt Shaw as usual and Jennifer Lynne Barker. Yeah, preorder this one now, and it looks beautiful. I especially love the back of this box.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're back of the box coming.
Speaker 1: Up this one.
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, the box got back.
Speaker 1: Oh baby, okay so much. I love that we were both going there all right. Going to the next one. Blu Ray coming soon from Keno hit Man from Night ten seventy two with Curiously, as you look at the poster Jean Paul Belmanda and Claudia Cardinal, that is the original poster though.
Speaker 2: Well maybe that's just how they Maybe they italianized his name. Who knows all right?
Speaker 1: Next up July twenty second, Keino doing a four K of Convoy. This is from the one and only mister Sam Peckinpaw. This was also released fairly recently on four K in Australia from Imprint in one of those giant box sets they did for that four K month that was rather expensive for all of them. But this will be a new HDRU vision Master by Studio Canal. Have extras that have not been announced yet. We'll be hearing about those soon. I'm sure Peck and.
Speaker 2: Paw anything you want to say, I'm Peck and Pap. Well. This was during his cocaine period, and that's a long period. Was during all of their cocaine periods. Christofferson mcraw this movie is is. It is a shambolic for a into this psychotronic world of truck driving and freedom.
Speaker 1: Timely after last week we announced over the Top on four K.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish I'd been I wish I'd gotten that one. I got a lot of things to say about over the Top. Well. Next up is Mondovision.
Speaker 1: We talked about this last week on the Silver Globe four K from Mondovision first release in like eight years from that company, the Big Thing. This is available to pre order now. The limited edition is priced at eighty nine to ninety nine and the special edition, this second one, is forty four to ninety five. So the limited edition has the CD soundtrack, it's got some art cards, and I think a booklet that is exclusive to that one. The standard or special edition is what they're calling it. Honestly, it doesn't look to be like even just a regular release. Looks really nice, and to me that almost looks like a limited edition. I would save the money and get the cheaper one by far.
Speaker 2: If you're interested in this, that's what I would do as well. Oh will all right?
Speaker 1: June first, there is a Blu ray being released by the Film Preservation Society that is a double feature of Kid Boots and Get Your Man from nineteen twenty six and nineteen twenty seven. This is a Clarabo double feature. This will also include the Film Preservation Society restored version of the nineteen eleven biograph short A Decree of Destiny with Harry Pickford.
Speaker 2: Wo Yes, this is if.
Speaker 1: You are into classic silent film, going to be a very excellent disc.
Speaker 2: I'm sure who's into like, non classic silent film. Paul Thomas Anderson, Who's like, I just want to watch the shitty stuff. Paul Thomas Anderson likes bad silent movies.
Speaker 1: I was making a joke that he made a contemporary silent film.
Speaker 2: He did the Yeah, I thought so. Anyways, Paul Thomas Anderson, what was that? I don't know. I don't know. We're talking about that French clown movie.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm confusing myself.
Speaker 2: Mime? Is it a mime? They won the Oscar. It was the best picture of that year. Do you know we have we talked? Have you talked about the new uh? The new story about the Oscar? Oh? God, no, go ahead. It was in the Times. Yep, go right ahead. The Academy. The Academy has instituted a new rule that Oscar voters have to watch the movies first time. Thank goodness, you can. You can see why I appreciate the Oscars so much. The artist? Who is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think, Ronnie said at first, No it wasn't Paul Thomas Anderson. Yeah, I think so. I remember his name. I'm just gonna in my mind it's pta lepo. All right, here we go. Shout factory stuff.
Speaker 2: This is a.
Speaker 1: Interesting slate to say the least, July first four K coming of Mary Colors from nineteen ninety eight. This is the Emma Thompson John Travolta film. This one's have a new audio commentary with Drew mcweeney and Elaine May Or sorry, Elaine made biographer Carry Corrigan.
Speaker 2: A new interview.
Speaker 1: New interviews on this with Paul Gilfoyle and Joe Klein and Adrian Lester. But yeah, four K released. This will ab Dolby Vision, big big deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know the Clinton's right, the primary I feel your pain or whatever that guy.
Speaker 1: The OSCARS is run like a Letterboxes Brendon. This is a lot Bolta's comeback. Can't believe he crashed and burned again.
Speaker 2: I think Letterbox has way more integrity than the Academy. Primary color is Mike Nichols, right, I think so? Yeah, Well that would make sense with the lame may biography.
Speaker 1: Yeah too, sche All right, Next up, Alexander Revisited. The Final Cut is the next Stone film to get a four K release from show. This is on July first on four K. This is going to be including a poster if you order from them. As well. On top of that, they've got a new commentary with Matt Zoler, seats, new interview with Oliver Stone, new interview with the editor, Alex Marquez's visual effects supervisor John Shiel, and then a feature length doc that was on the previous release, along with a bunch of other archival extras. I don't remember anything about Alexander.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say something. I'm not afraid to say it. I liked it.
Speaker 1: That was not what I expected from you.
Speaker 2: I think I have seen the theatrical and what was it called the Ultimate Cut? So what is this? How is this different than the Ultimate Cut?
Speaker 1: Because Oliver Stone is almost as bad as Copla, and then he misses with everything.
Speaker 2: I mean, I usually like it when Copla messes with stuff. Lucas is the one that screws everything up. Yeah. Yeah, and it's there right, you know, it's their movie. Thank you, Ronnie.
Speaker 1: Ronnie says the Artist was directed by Deep Breath. Michael has an vicious.
Speaker 2: Mission.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, Michelle, it's not Michael. I'm man, I'm just blind tonight. Michelle hasn't what hasn't?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, I'm a sucker for the epics and uh, did you see Napoleon? Not yet the y aches, So it's probably going to be a test, but I am going to see it. Yeah, I thought, you know, I really I was talking a few months ago, how about how much I liked the director's cut of Troy, but the half hour longer version that Wolf can get Peterson because it got into all the you know, homo eroticism, and uh, the longer cut that I saw if Alexander did too, And you know, I'm taking as you will. I like homo eroticism. Oh we know. Yeah, it's generally welcome in movies by me, not.
Speaker 1: By many others, though sadly, uh, Colton says, the only people I know who watched Alexander were like me when it came out, and we did it for Colin Farrell.
Speaker 2: Save gender sex scenes. There we go. Oh, right on top of Coulton, that was perfect tiving me and the gay teens like Alexander. Please do not say that sentence again. Let's get it, Let's do it. Let's do a special discord viewing.
Speaker 1: Oh, another real question is who's Alexander all right? Going to the next one Strangers with Candy? The film getting a Blu Ray release. On July twenty second from Shouts. As far as I can see, nothing new on the bonus features.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what, I kind of skimmed that announcement. I thought it was of the show. So I put my Trapper Keeper DVD edition into my four salesbox. But it hasn't been sold yet, so I'll get it back. Yeah, you know, I already visited the show recently, as I mentioned, I have the aforementioned trapper as I mentioned, Yeah, I have the Trapper Keeper Edition, and uh, I wonder if I wonder if they would do it the same way today. You know, Colbert has talked a little bit about how he's uh embarrassed by some of it, but I think he's equivocating. He's not like It's not like the way Jimmy Kimmel pretends like he didn't mean that stuff in the Mansa right for years. Yeah, all right, just playing a character.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, obviously you're you're a fan of Stranger of the Candy stuffw do you feel about the film compared to the show.
Speaker 2: I love Amy Sidaris, A huge fan of Amy Sidaris, which is which is so weird because I cannot stand her brother. I fund his writing very annoying. But of course everybody I know listens to NPR, so they love him. No, I love Amy Sedaris. I used to have my she's got one of her cookbooks. She's just great. What were you asking me? How did I like the movie?
Speaker 1: How do you like this compared to the show itself?
Speaker 2: Oh, you know, it's fine, that's about it. You know the show is h well, you know, it's what twenty five years ago. I mean the pace, it's amazing how different the pacing is for half hour comedies in the early two thousands to now Amy Sidaris sitting there's Aulman had the You know, she's larger, larger cultural impact. But I just think Amy Sadaris is wonderful. Anyhow, great in Jennifer's body. She's got a little role in Jennifer's body. Yeah. I'll probably check this out as a completionist.
Speaker 1: Next up, July twenty ninth, a four K release of ace Ventura Pet Detective from nineteen ninety four. Now, of course all of the questions on this were about bonus features and which cut of the film, because notoriously, the theatrical version played and then the home video version that was first released on VHS and DBD had a couple of scenes like the dolphin trainer scene. Unfortunately this is the theatrical cut of the film that is being released. And the other thing, no new bonus features whatsoever on this film. Were you a ace Ventura guy? Will like the rest of America for two years?
Speaker 2: This is my first date movie. Not very well chosen. Did not add to the ambiance. My second date movie, Natural Killers, I learned. I was like, oh, okay that she didn't like. She didn't like that one. I'll try natural born killers that would be more likely to get her in them. Food true. So yeah, I saw this in the theater. I found it exhausting as i as I generally find Jim Carrey movies to be.
Speaker 1: All of them are just the comedies from this era.
Speaker 2: Oh, dramas are even more exhausting. Yeah, you know, I'm trying to think of a moment that's like genuinely funny to me.
Speaker 1: I mean, Eternal Sunshine is pretty great. Truman Show is pretty great.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I hate that movie so much. Which you want? Eternal Sunshine of the Spot was mine? Oh come on, look, I know everybody loves it, so I'm not going to say anything it's I don't like it. That's it, all right.
Speaker 1: Connor loves the mask and he wants you to know that I.
Speaker 2: Watched the Mask again recently. Actually, Sidner asked if I was invited to parties growing up.
Speaker 1: No, the matter of fact answer was perfect, all right, Uh, Ace Mature a Pet Detective. If that's not enough, they also licensed to do this four K steel book. Yeah, this is uh, this is the steel book art that they chose to go.
Speaker 2: With classic shad Yak. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't love the art on this one. It's clear they didn't get likeness rights and they just went with the iconic hair.
Speaker 2: But you know, it would be funny if there's a collector out there who was like, you know, I was going to get this, but I can't get behind the steel book art that a lot of people have said that literally of aceven sure a pet Detective. Yeah, and you know the central uh, the central climax is something that uh it was not very nice at the time. It was not very nice.
Speaker 1: Now, uh, Simner says, now that looks like AI man. This has been this has been contentious this week because this and the RoboCop two Seal book. We're gonna talk about just a moment, everybody claimed it was AI, and yet the artist came on here the artist literally commented to say, thanks for your support.
Speaker 2: Wait it's not AI.
Speaker 4: It's a lighty then, Oh well, I don't care what anybody thinks.
Speaker 2: I liked that one.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I can tell you did. Yes, this, I don't understand this whole It looks like AI. Uh it doesn't. It looks like poor photoshop. That is what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: That's even meaner for the artist.
Speaker 1: I mean no, it's not. At least he's doing it himself.
Speaker 2: Like it would have been better if if robot technology did it. But good for you, Pala.
Speaker 1: Saying it looks like AI is still very bad sip come on, especially after the whole attack that happened with a slipcover a few weeks ago, Like this is this is clearly not AI. It's just bad art and we should be able to say that.
Speaker 2: Huh, well, you know you're don't violate your ethos man. We don't go with good and bad here, because every slipcover is someone someone's favorite slipcover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is a steel book, so fuck that.
Speaker 2: Everyone's Every steel book is someone's favorite book. You're gonna make like four people comments on this because you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna get. I'm gonna get Bob's Blu Rays on my side.
Speaker 1: I haven't talked to Bob in a while. I should reach out to him. Next up, g Kids and Shout are putting out Grave of the Fireflies in this steel book. The previous Grave of the Firefly steal book was very limited. I think it was a crunchy role exclusive back in the day. That thing consistently has gotten like two hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: Now with those kids that had some country rolls, it would have been okay. This would be a great double feature with ace Form sure a pet Detective.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is getting a released on July eighth on Blue. It's also getting a standard release, not just a steal book. I had a lot of people ask if there was gonna be a four K release. I'm gonna say right now, most likely, just eventually. You know a lot of the I think the first Jibli four K remaster is playing this summer if I remember right, so I would just be prepared. I bet a lot of those are coming the next few years, including this one. Most likely eventually.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I can't wait to see it and ultra high definition. That'll just bring it home. So I used to teach a course on the history of anime. I'll never do it again because the students that sign up for that course are fucking horrible. But but when I should, And of course, the students have never seen anything that was released prior to late twenty fifteen, of course, you know, I mean, so for most of them, it was their first time seeing Akira a vampire hunter. D goes to the shell, all that stuff, and I go all the way back to like, you know, the beginnings with around nineteen forty four.
Speaker 1: Just like you did in our visual essay on Tamla twenty ten.
Speaker 2: Well that's from Crocodile. Check that out. Yeah, yeah, nice. So when I the night the class before I was showing Grave of the Fireflies, asked how many students had seen it, and zero I had seen it. And I didn't bother to tell them not to google it to spoil it because I knew they wouldn't. That would involve curiosity and follow through. But when I came into class with Grave of the Fireflies, I had like seven boxes of tissue and put them around the room and by the end of the movie, every single box have been opened and used, like I think almost every single student cride it was. It was a great, great day for me.
Speaker 1: What a story.
Speaker 2: Hey, we just talked about AI.
Speaker 1: If you want to not support AI, let's talk about this release. Shout is putting out a standard edition of the Walston gramm At the Complete Cracking Collection on four K on July fifteenth. Now, this one, this is an AI upscale that ruins a lot of the definition of this film that was not done by Shout. Ardman the production company are the ones that did the AI upscale themselves.
Speaker 2: The rumor is right.
Speaker 1: Now and I have not been able to find confirmation anywhere, but the rumor is that the original negatives for these were all destroyed in the fires back in twenty eleven in the UK, so it is possible we will never get proper restorations of these again, which means the old Blu ray release is probably the best they're ever gonna look, because these do not look great on four K.
Speaker 2: Ardman.
Speaker 1: But hey, love Wallace and Grommet, love their stuff.
Speaker 2: Never seen it well.
Speaker 1: Abigail getting a four K release on July eighth, from Scream Factory here in the US. Of course, this is gonna be frustrating for people that bought the Blu Ray when this was released like six months ago from Universal, even though I told you don't buy the Blu ray because it'll likely come to four K soon. Here it is on four K from Scream.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The really cool thing I do got to point out this is getting a load of new bonus features, and that is great. Like we got a new audio commentary from Drew mcweeney on the four K and Blu Ray disc, and then a whole bunch of interviews that are coming on a Blu ray disc as well. This is really cool, especially for a contemporary film. Usually we don't get this much, and I'm kind of impressed the Screen Factory did this for this title. I'm really glad I didn't get any other release for this so that I can get Drew's commentary on this too.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he talks about how the studio ruined the movie with the trailers.
Speaker 1: I would hope that he would. Knowing Drew, he probably did.
Speaker 2: Of course, the writer kind of ruined the movie with the writing. It's got some of the most awkward character backstory exposition I've ever seen. They're trapped in the house with a freaking vampire. It's like, I'm going to tell you how I became this piece of shit, grip all these stories. It's like focus people.
Speaker 1: I actually really liked this movie.
Speaker 2: But okay, that's okay.
Speaker 1: No, when we're not live, you burate me for my taste, and I get it.
Speaker 2: That's it's called for. I would never bererate you to my face. I know.
Speaker 1: July fifteenth, there's a four K coming of Battle Beyond the Stars from nineteen eighty. This is the classic Corman that they had done previously in a Blu Ray Steel book that they've been trying really hard to get rid of for a couple of years, and now they've released an up grade on it.
Speaker 2: This is it was funny. I have the Steel book. I do too.
Speaker 1: I even have the Neca figure they released for this.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's that's taking us up. Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: The Only thing this added is there's a documentary here about James Horner's first film scores, featuring new interviews with Sarah Horner, the historian, Daniel Schweiger, the composer, David Newman, and the author Jeff Bond. There's also an interview with Alan Howarth on this, as well.
Speaker 2: Audio commentary with John Sales Roderick Corman. I know that's on the I know that's old news, but that that alone is worth having the movie if you don't have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for the second time, you don't get to talk about sales enough on here.
Speaker 2: Now you've been able to shout it out twice tonight. That's cool.
Speaker 1: What you don't get to talk about sales enough, John Sales, and you've talked about John Sales twice night. Else not like this is discounted.
Speaker 2: It was like, you talk about sales, that's your job, all right.
Speaker 1: Fade to Black is coming to four K in July twenty ninth from Scream Factory. This was previously released on Blue from Vinegar Syndrome. This has a new audio commentary with Drew mcweeney said, for the third time tonight, everything else on here is identical to the Vinegar Syndrome release. So if you've got that Blue, I don't know that it's gonna be super important to upgrade, However, I will. I don't think we've ever talked to those this movie. How do you feel about Fade of Black.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: I'm still rather impressed with this movie. I think it's much better than I expected it to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's a key ber I'm I'm considering the upgrade. I don't know if I'm gonna but I wouldn't hate it if I did. Oh, well, hmm, weird crazy?
Speaker 1: What's weird?
Speaker 2: I was just gazing at the four audio commentaries and taking in the different names.
Speaker 1: You're just so excited to listen to that hysteria continues.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the next title.
Speaker 1: July twenty second, there is an Amazon exclusive four K steel book being released to the Last Voyage of the Demeter. This is pissing a lot of people off because they just released the standard four K a couple months ago, and now they're like, well, now you want me to buy it again? No, I mean, I mean that they would be happy if you gave them more money, but you don't have to. However, if you're a steel book collector, the screen factory's just doing this. They've been doing it a lot lately, and that is I don't know, like I wouldn't want a room full of steel books. That seems awful to me. It's so heavy and they damaged so easily. That would be crazy. Yeah, it's nice that this is getting a decent release for people that love this movie. I know this had a lot of fans it did, it did. It was a fairly divisive movie, but some really loved it.
Speaker 2: I was divisive. I really like you, Mark, I really liked the director, you know, I thought a scream of it is to tell them the dark was okay, mmm.
Speaker 1: Better better than it could have been.
Speaker 2: I think. Yeah, of course, troll Hunter is one of the greatest film footage movies ever.
Speaker 1: Very good movie.
Speaker 2: That's in case you're wondering. Yeah, I'm drinking ginger tea freshly sliced ginger and squeezed lemons.
Speaker 1: Kb's a fond memory of the movies. He got COVID that night when he saw it. Demeter Ooh, this is the other one that I was talking about. So RoboCop two getting a four K steal book released. This is also an Amazon exclusive released on July fifteenth. This is the same artist Mexi Funk you can see here. He commented, he's the guy that did the Jim Carrey one and this. I've liked a lot of Mexi Funk's art in the past. However, I do not like the two pieces of output that he did this month that much.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yes, devastating.
Speaker 1: This is a wild picture because this is also not in the film like this at all.
Speaker 2: No, it's uh looks like it belongs more with like the RoboCop cartoon. Yes, yes it does, but you know, the guy makes a guy of draws. You know. Yeah, good for you.
Speaker 1: But maybe the most exciting for a lot of people, Shout is launching their new Hong Kong Cinema Classics line. This is the first five titles in that line, and it is the Jetly collection. These are all coming on four K and Blu ray here in the US, and we are going to be including Fung Sai Yuk one and two and Taichi Master Bodyguard from Beijing, Fist of Legend, and all kinds of new extras for all of these. Wow, We've got audio commentaries on every single film, interviews on some that are brand new. There's dubs in here that eighty eight films did not get on their release, So Shout is going comprehensive on these. There is so many details coming in these discs, and if you love this stuff. This looks to be the one to get. I know a lot of people have lost, especially after everything I just said, a lot of confidence in shout, But they seem to be treating this line and like the Blaxploitation box set really well.
Speaker 2: Actually, what would you rather have? The something like the RoboCop cartoon or the Purple Blob.
Speaker 1: Purple Blob any day of the week, purple Blob. Yeah, this is this is a damn good looking set.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a that's a must have.
Speaker 1: We got more to talk about for the Hong Kong Cinema Classics in just a second, But first June sixth, there's a blu ray coming from Universal for The Ballad of Wallace Island from twenty twenty four. Although most people are seeing it this year, I think I only played a couple of festivals. This is a Tim Key and Kerry Mulligan film that looks really great and as surprisingly really good reviews on this one. So yeah, this one I'm gonna have to check out soon. What are we laughing at the cover art?
Speaker 2: Everything about this? Wow? Okay, have you.
Speaker 1: Ever listened to Tim Key?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard that name in your life?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: He was great on Taskmaster. He is very very funny.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: Task Master is maybe the best TV show of all time. It is a British sort of like a British panel show that they take five comedians and make them do random tasks months ahead of time and then react to them in the studio. And it's brilliant. It is some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Never seen it all.
Speaker 1: It's on YouTube for free.
Speaker 2: And so they made this.
Speaker 1: No, but Tim Key was in a season of task Master.
Speaker 2: Oh, I say he's British.
Speaker 1: He is British.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: The trailer for this is pretty British. It looks very good. Waves says is it better than Faulty Towers? And honestly, if you would have asked me five years ago, I would have said, hell, no, it's better than Faulty Towers.
Speaker 2: This movie's better than Faulty Towers. No, they show task Master. Oh, she's on the new Thunderbolts Kerrie Mullig. It is Pastmaster, Jesus Christ. Oh my gosh, Olga Caralinko.
Speaker 1: Okay, but who's on third? Anyways, back to the Hong Kong Cinema Classics line. So we got some release dates, and there actually was some cover art that they put out in a video, so you can check that out. City of Fire from nineteen eighty eleven, Thank You Will coming to four K and Blu Ray on August twenty sixth, Peaking Opera Blues from nineteen eighty six coming to four K and Blu Ray on September twenty third, And they wanted to announce that they are putting some of these out in four K on digital first before they prepare for physical media, So be prepared. Hard Boiled Ring a Lamb, City on Fire, the Better Tomorrow Trilogy, The Killer, and a Chinese Ghost Story. These are all coming on four K on digital, which means they are all coming on four K physical just after this as well. This is huge. You're gonna be able to start picking these up on digital on June twenty fourth, all the way through August nineteenth. Big big deal that these titles are finally being released.
Speaker 2: I manifested this. This was in my this was in my let's let's mainke this happen this year.
Speaker 1: List, And when we found out that Shout purchased the Golden Princess Library, we were already starting to wish for stuff like this, and Shout went to work very quickly. These are going to be massive and a lot of people asking why are they doing digital first? And let's just be honest, Shout has to make their money. A lot of people that have been after these films for so long. If these are ready for digital, they got to put it out there. They'll make some money on digital, they'll make some money on physical. And that library that they did cost them a shit ton of money, you can bet, so they got to make that back. Sibitors asking could they just do a John WO box set make it easier for us? I mean, to be honest, they could, but the hard part Shout doesn't really break up box sets. So like that blaxploitation box that we'll just held up, somebody might only want one of those, and now it's locked on the box set. And for those that might only want one of the John Wu films, it would be locked in the box set. It would be nice if they gave options, but that just ain't happening.
Speaker 2: I wish were shell factory is the al gore of box sets, but keep them in a lock box set. It was a good try. Will Yeah, Well, That's why I said to al.
Speaker 1: Of fuck Florida, whoa election jokes that are twenty five years old are always fun. Aero is releasing Spawn.
Speaker 2: CGI jokes that are twenty five years older about to pop up in the chat.
Speaker 1: This is twenty eight years Come on, Willy, Oh my gosh, They're releasing Spawn at some point soon. They announced this for National Superhero Day. No details on this or anything, just that it was coming. And obviously this already has a Blu ray. This will likely be a four K release, and this is one of those things where four K on Spawn is going to do weird things because this is a very dark movie, so four K will make it look very very good there. This also has some of the worst CGI ever done, and the four K will just make that look worse because everything else will look better. And so four K format for this disc is going to be very weird, so make it look both better and worse at the same time.
Speaker 2: Which I think is I think that's the movie. I would love to see John Leguizamo do one of his one man shows in his Violator makeup from this movie. Yeah, with no explanation, just do it, my love.
Speaker 1: Oh, that would be great, Brendan says, my favorite superhero film ever.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not against that.
Speaker 1: Josh asking why it would be the animated series because it doesn't have a release yet. However, it's clear that it's not going to be the animated series. They've never done anything like that. It's definitely not gonna be the animated series. So yeah, definitely look forward to that if you're into spawn all twelve of you.
Speaker 2: I was talking with this theater programmer about a potential summer series of low budget superhero movies. So like Albert Pun's Captain America, Roger Corman's unreleased Fantastic Four, Spawn, the Dofflung, Grim, Punisher, blank Man, you know all that stuff. At uh, I kindly make have Doctor Mordred, which is really Doctor Strange Fulman video. Yeah, so many good.
Speaker 1: Ones that would be a fun series.
Speaker 2: Next time, maybe the Lou Frigno Halt.
Speaker 1: Like TV movies, Universal is releasing Murder, she wrote the complete series. This is going to come on sixty two Blu ray discs. Well, how do you feel about Murder?
Speaker 2: She wrote, My sister loves it. I've never seen an episode before.
Speaker 1: I actually think you would like un ironically, eat every single moment of the show and love it.
Speaker 2: Why is she Yeah, I'm probably it seems like a lot of people like it. You know. My wife was at a conference last weekend with Janet Lansbury, not like together, but they they exchanged greetings. Interesting, it's.
Speaker 1: I understood. Yeah. Murder, she wrote, is great, like literally one of the best shows of all time. It's incredible. Jessica Fletcher has to be investigated everywhere she is. People die that. That doesn't make any sense, but uh, it's it's a great show. Now seeing this, I'm really hoping we get Golden Girls soon. It would be incredible to have both of the on Blu ray sixty two discs. Is quite intimidating, though. I'm really curious to see the price on release for this. I'm betting somewhere between one hundred and twenty to one hundred.
Speaker 2: And fifty at least.
Speaker 1: And now I want to see how they're gonna store it too. I'm betting it'll just be one of the big stack boxes like a Twilight Zone. It is officially kicking in for Will and we're carrying on.
Speaker 2: About Mercier.
Speaker 1: Next up Doctor Who The War Games in Color from nineteen sixty nine is being released on Blu Ray in the US on June twenty fourth. What's hilarious is this is a mistake image. It is not a one disc set. This is likely going to be a four disc set. This is a basically a reprint of something they've already done over in the UK, and I know a lot of people hate the colorized version, so we're not gonna spend a lot of time on it. Plus, I don't think Will and I are either one of us Doctor Who's stuff.
Speaker 2: So I tried watching an episode once. I couldn't get into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't love what I've seen.
Speaker 2: Wow, you've just lost it? Oh yes?
Speaker 1: On Doctor Who June tenth, four K Blu Ray DVD release from Universal in the US have drop from this year. Now. What's interesting about this is consistently, over the last couple of years, Universal has only been releasing Blu rays of their horror titles, even if they do well, and then releasing four K six months later. They're releasing this on four K on day one, which is a better move. I'm glad they're doing that. I hear this movie is good or bad depending on who you ask. What are you confused?
Speaker 2: But Will did it already come out in theaters? I just thought, oh, yeah, no, it's already I missed.
Speaker 1: This is a Christopher Landen film, the same guy that did Happy Death Day. It's got some features on here, including a commentary with Christopher Landon. I am very curious to see this. I thought it looked pretty damn fun. Next up, April twenty ninth, which is literally multiple days ago, there is a BDR being released by MGM a Fatal Beauty from nineteen eighty seven. This is the Tom Holland of Thinner and Fright Night fame, directing Whoopy Goldberg and Sam Elliott in a lethal drug movie. I still think that the interview I'd edited with Tom Holland on Thinner gave me the funniest moment, and it was in reference to this film, and it was all about how Whoopy Goldberg. He covered his face and said, Whoopy Goldberg really hate it's white people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a fun one. Okay.
Speaker 1: Next up, Will's favorite May second, so literally tomorrow, there is a BDR being released in the US for Screamboats the Steamboat Willie public domain film. But this isn't even the best release of this, so we're gonna be talking about that in just a moment.
Speaker 2: We'll come back to that.
Speaker 1: Another one is Field of Screams, also being released tomorrow in a BDR. This is coming from Gravitas Ventures, who is just recently purchased by Shout Factory. This one looks odd. This is following the death of his grandfather, Alan Crow inherits an old farmhouse. When he and his friends arrive, they expect to find time irn chotchkes and family memories. What they don't expect to find is a living scarecrow named Billy.
Speaker 2: No. It's right over in the UK.
Speaker 1: Old Gold Media is releasing The Sweeney series one on June second. This is essentially a reprint of an old Network Blu Ray release that they had done of the first series. Now, one of the main reasons to post this is there is a rumor that the other series from The Sweeney are going to be released on Blu Ray later this year, so wanted to be able to get that out for everybody to possibly pick those up in anticipation. And yeah, that's The Sweeney, a British TV show that I've never seen.
Speaker 2: I was going to make a Sydney Sweeney joke, but it didn't cohere.
Speaker 1: Also over in the UK, Kingdom of Heaven getting a standard four K release on June ninth. Now at the moment, there is no standard release of Kingdom of Heaven announced in the US. That doesn't mean it's not going to happen eventually, because that steel book has sold very well, even though it is supposedly getting another printing here in the US. But if you just want to not fight that, I'm pretty sure Orbit is going to be carrying the standard Kingdom of Heaven, So check that out. This has all the same features, the same cuts, same everything, and same hatred for Ridley Scott from will possibly.
Speaker 2: One of two movies three three movies in my life I've ever walked out of, like couldn't finish, Colton says.
Speaker 1: The first line of the IMDb synopsis for Fatal Beauty is Rita is a tough narc cop with a wig for every occasion.
Speaker 2: Okay, moving right along.
Speaker 1: The end From twenty twenty four is getting a Blu ray and DVD release in the UK. From movie This is also being released in the US soon. We talked about this recently, so won't spend too much time on it. I hear. This is actually really great Tilda Swinton and one of my favorite discoveries from last few years. George McKay is in this, including Michael Shannon as well. Ronnie wants to know what the other two movies you walked out of our will.
Speaker 2: Peter Jackson's King Kong and when I was five, I got scared at Last Starfighter made my dad take me out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not the answer I expected. They're at all. Oh, that's hilarious. Movie Over in the UK is also releasing Bring Them Down, that just has been playing recently. This is coming on May twenty sixth. This is the Barry Kyogan and Christopher Abbot movie. I like Christophrabbit quite a bit. I want to see this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're continuing along with these one of the Pooh public domain things. All right, isn't that where Christopher Isn't that where Christopher Rabbit is? That's Christopher Robber it. No, but there's a rabbit not named Christopher Rabbit. No, Christopher Robin that's the human character. Yes, I don't know who Christopher Rabbit is. No, you just made it up. His name is Christopher Abbott. I don't know that.
Speaker 1: He's really great. So this one Screamboat screen Boat release. He got blu ray on June second over in the UK from Signature Entertainment. This is going to be a press disc. This one is going to have a featurette with David Howard Thornton, who plays Art the clown in Terrifier, Will's other favorite film.
Speaker 2: And uh yeah, I saw the first. I saw the first two.
Speaker 1: Did not expect you to have a good response to that.
Speaker 2: That that's fun.
Speaker 1: Opus has not had an announcement in the US from A twenty four yet, however, VVS Films in Canada is releasing it on June sixth. This is the ao at Aberri film that was just recently released with John Malkovich and Juliette Lewis. I've heard very divisive things about this one too, but I love ao at Abiri, so I definitely want to see this. Yeah, all right, this was the moment of consternation for a lot of people. This week. June seventeenth, four k steealbook of a little unknown film called Jaws from nineteen seventy five coming out. This is the fiftieth anniversary release of this. There will also be a standard release of this for the fiftieth anniversary. The big thing is this includes a new feature length documentary called Jaw's at fifty And this is probably the best we're going to get this film for now. This is gonna be re released many, many, many many times. That's what everybody's complaining about is, oh my god, I already have Jaws in a four K steel book. Yeah, they're probably gonna make a whole bunch of more.
Speaker 2: Four K steel books.
Speaker 1: And I had people ask if it was a new transfer. No, there, They're probably never gonna do a new four K transfer of Jaws. They have no reason to. They just did it recently and it looks incredible. So yeah, this is what we're getting for the fiftieth anniversary of Jaws.
Speaker 2: And that's that.
Speaker 1: A twenty four announced Warfare, the new film that was penned by Alex Garland, coming to four K and Blu Ray this summer. Should be shipping in a little over a month from their store directly. This is gonna have a commentary with Raymondoza, Alex Garland, and the military consultant Brian Philpott that they did. There's a making a featurette. But the big thing is they went all out. It's got dopey vision Adlbey Atmos. Looks like a pretty incredible release and very quick to disc for them. This movie. I've said devisive a lot tonight. This movie has gotten just overall pretty great reviews. Not seen this one yet, but I am into it. You're just gonna nod along with everything, got it.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about this one.
Speaker 1: Sou as Man says, when the fuck are we getting a complete Seinfeld four K box at last fall? It already released, ass Man. Come on.
Speaker 2: July eighth on Blu rays Shutter.
Speaker 1: Shutter is releasing The Rule of Jenny Penn that just came out fairly recently. This is with John Lithgow and Jeffrey Rush. This was unfortunately mired with a little bit of me Too controversy right before the release, so it did not do super well. It sounds like, but yeah, I have not seen this. I love John Lithgow. Yeah, don't know anything else about it.
Speaker 2: There's no Christopher Rabbit, there's a Christopher Bunny.
Speaker 1: Thanks for your thorough research. May twentieth, there's an Amazon exclusive Blu ray coming from well Go USA for Hunt the Wicked from twenty twenty four. Well go consistently giving a release for a lot of these Asian films that are generally pretty great, and you you're not going to get these anywhere else, so nice to see them continue to put these out. An Amazon exclusive release is a little weird for them. Usually it's widely available.
Speaker 2: It. Oh man, will how you feelings sell through the Wicked if it's an Amazon exclusive? Yes, thank you, sir. I thought that was fine. I get it. Everybody says that I'm high on the gummy. I don't know why I'm tired, my eyes are drying out, or to move it along, understandable.
Speaker 1: July eighth, Blu Ray in the US, coming from fifth season of a Apple TV show. See this is the Jason Momoa show that they did in four K on Apple TV coming to Blu Ray on disc now. Of course, the major thing that everybody saw is, oh, this was put out by Apple TV. I bet this is going to unlock all kinds of other stuff coming to physical media that they've put out. Unfortunately, No, definitely want people to understand that this is a completely different production company. Apple TV is not releasing this fifth season is releasing this, so don't expect Napoleon or Killers of the Flower Moon. Because this is being released. There are all kinds of different production companies that have shows and movies that were released on Apple TV, and all of those have a choice to put them out on physical media if they don't have a contract stating the they can't with Apple.
Speaker 2: And it's up to them to put it out. It's not up to Apple.
Speaker 1: Apple is not putting out physical media themselves. And Will actually loves Jason Momoa because he loved the Aquaman movies.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, those things. I think. I think Momoa needs to slow it down. The minecrafts Man all right.
Speaker 1: Next up, Warner Archive on June tenth is releasing three different four packs of films. This first one is the Clark Gable Collection. It's got San Francisco, Mutiny on the Bounty, Idiot's Delight, and Wife Versus Secretary. The next one is the Elizabeth Taylor Collection. We've got Father of the Bride, Who's Afraid of Virginia, Wolf, Reflections in a Golden Eye, and the Last Time I Saw And finally, the Gary Cooper Collection with Friendly Persuasion, Sergeant York, The Hanging Tree, and Love in the Afternoon.
Speaker 2: These are the exact same discs that.
Speaker 1: Were released previously by Warner Archive, just sort of throwing them together to be more inexpensive for you to pick them all up, So a good thing.
Speaker 2: Overall.
Speaker 1: These will probably be around, I don't know, thirty five to forty bucks on movies in from their storefront. However, these will likely go on sale on Amazon from time to time for like thirty ish for four movies that are really great, and Warner Archive does great work on all these. Each of these have at least one movie that's pretty pretty incredible, so.
Speaker 2: I'm glad they're doing this. I'm a big fan of wife Verus as secretary. I think that'll move. It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, yep, yep. All right, So that's Warner Archive. This one I know nothing about. July twenty ninth, Walmart is releasing a Blu Rays steal book of Viz Media's release of Chainsaw Man Volume on. This is an anime and yes, it does have a plastic sleeve that is going to be removable on this one. You can preorder this now. It is a Walmart exclusive. And again I don't knowhing about it.
Speaker 2: Remember that band Jackal, Yes, they had the singer play A played the Chainsaw and their big hit.
Speaker 1: Yes, as that says, gummies are wonderful disconnected channels. You get sponsorships from VII oh Man, Thanks Will, You're doing great. This is a big deal. Sometime in twenty twenty five, we are getting a four K in the US from Disney of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Now, this is crazy, obviously because it was a twentieth Century Fox title. When Disney bought twenty century Fox, a lot of people thought that this was never gonna happen. For them to announce this is a pretty damn big deal.
Speaker 2: To celebrate this.
Speaker 1: They most likely are gonna do like a big steel book thing. This is getting four K theatrical run. I'm sure lots of stuff happening, but the big, big thing for us that love physical media. This was a ten month project that included meticulous digital scan and preservation process to get every frame of this correct. The restoration will feature a newly mixed Dolby Atmos audio track, and it's also going to have, for purest and longtime fans, the original mono audio, which has been fully restored as well. We don't have any other details on it. I'm hoping they do something special, get some extras in there, get some people that are still alive, get this down before they're not alive anymore. Obviously, huge, huge, huge title. This is gonna sell so many releases this year. How do you feel about Rocky Horror?
Speaker 2: Will? I ask for nothing and you shall receive it in abundance. You know, when I was young, I used to be in the you know, productions, and that always made me be rocky because I was, you know, a physical specimen at that time. But I should have been frank, you know, just get it. I get it. Never happened for me.
Speaker 1: Adam says. I think they're all alive apart from me. Love Yeah, for now, sadly, especially for some of them. It's it's getting pretty close.
Speaker 2: Geez.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, how dire I can make this? Yeah, I really hope people, especially like Tim is still coherent and everything. I love to hear him.
Speaker 2: That's my baseline for everybody. Really.
Speaker 1: I mean, Ronnie saw this at a sleepover in the sixth grade and blew her mind. Yeah, so sick of so sick of steel books as bearded film guy, Yes, I said that earlier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, they had to butcher.
Speaker 1: Up William Tell from twenty twenty four getting a Blu Ray release in the US on May twenty seventh from Samuel Goldwyn Films. I heard this is actually pretty good. I've not seen this not I didn't watch the trailer ending yet, but I heard this is great, all right. And then August fifth, from Paramount, we were getting nineteen twenty three Season two, which I had no idea this existed, and the fact that it stars Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren in a Yellowstone spinoff show is.
Speaker 2: Crazy to me. I don't get it. Yeah, they must be doing very well. I don't know. I don't know who watches it. They say they're hits, but.
Speaker 1: A lot of people must. All right, are we ready for some MOCN discussion because there is quite a lot to talk about tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This first off, I saw a lot of people confused. I know, vinegar syndrome keeps giving more and more popular, which is crazy people expecting this to be a sale. This is not a sale. This is a pre order of the titles releasing during the sale this weekend, and they're slightly discounted compared to what they're gonna cost.
Speaker 2: At the end of the month.
Speaker 1: But Memorial Day weekend, this is three weekends from tonight, actually is when the sale starts. That's when everything that is older than like six months will be discounted to fifty percent off of the MSRP.
Speaker 2: Not this weekend.
Speaker 1: You're not going to find sales prices on those. But the big thing is all of these titles are going to be shipping with those sale purchases, and we're going to be talking about all of those tonight. If you preorder these now, you get free shipping during the halfway to Black Friday sale. If you don't put in an order, they do charge shipping during that. But let's break it down because it's a very mainstream sort of set of announcements this time, which I understand a lot of people complaining about today. I also just think that it's kind of crazy that we're getting these great releases. We got a lot to cover. So first off is The Golden Child. This is the Murphy almost Big Trouble in Little China type of film from nineteen eighty six, released on four K here in the US from Vinegar Syndrome. This is their next VSU. The VSU is that big magnet box that they do is the same release that we got for like Beast Master and all of those others. Of course, this is gonna be a two disc set. You got the four K disc and the Blu Ray disc. This is gonna have a commentary with Kelly Goodner and Jim hemphl. There's a bunch of new interviews on this, some archival pieces as well. Now, this one was released previously on Blu Ray fairly recently from Paramount as part of their Paramount Presents line. So I know a lot of people picked it up for that, but this is you know, this is this is kind of an expensive one. This is one of those that's up for sale for like fifty bucks. How do you feel about the Golden Child?
Speaker 2: Have you seen this one? Will? I saw it once when I was a kid and didn't think anything of it. But you know, Michael Ritchie is a real filmmaker, you know. Yeah, Prime Cut is awesome. Yeah, I wouldn't I wouldn't mind seeing it again. I actually I didn't realize it was VSU. I thought it was part of the subscription. I don't. I don't know if I'm gonna buy it though, I don't think I am.
Speaker 1: I love Eddie Murphy. This is just not one of his better movies, in my opinion.
Speaker 2: I think I need to see it first, see it again. First I saw it's.
Speaker 1: A fun cast, you know, James Hang, Charles Dance.
Speaker 2: It's it is.
Speaker 1: It is sort of very very similar to Big Trouble in a Little China. It's just nowhere near as good. Big Trouble is fantastic. And this is odd because I think this, if I remember the story goes John Carpenter almost directed this or something like that. So and then this came out like six months away from Big Trouble. Is this his first non R rated film? Actually? I had not thought about that. Yeah, probably is nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Probably.
Speaker 1: Jake Ryans's music from Rat and a Wet T Shirt scene has me sold. Uh, it's not R rated, so don't expect too much from that. Colton said that I was huh oh back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Colton says, I was shocked because I didn't know people liked this. I saw as a kid and didn't like it at all. Yeah, I from the response today, I don't know how many people actually do like this. It seems like a handful of people are into it, but most people are not vary into this title.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing.
Speaker 1: A lot of people saw this as a kid, which vs use other than like Showgirls and six String Samurai and Southern Comfort. I guess a lot of them have been kind of like films that people are nostalgic about when they saw his kids. Yeah, this is this is getting eight thousand of the limited editions sold for this title. I'm curious to see how this goes. It could sell well for them, it could be a massive flop. But either way, I mean, there's no denying it's kind of tie. It's kind of wild to see Vinegar Syndrome start with a freaking Herschel Gordon Lewis porn and now they're putting out Eddie Murphy. I was gonna say comedies, but this movie isn't very funny.
Speaker 2: Is very porny. That's true.
Speaker 1: Big Eddie Murphy title, Well it's not even a big Eddie Murphy title. But you know, Eddie Murphy is not the type of person that people expected. So yeah, this is a very mainstream film compared to what they've done previously. Obviously, stuff like The Keep was a big title and They've done some other stuff that are very mainstream, but an Eddie Murphy action fantasy comedy is probably not what a lot of people on their bingo cards for vinegar syndrome.
Speaker 2: How do you fee about Eddie Murphy as a whole man?
Speaker 1: He's funny, top notch commentary tonight there, No.
Speaker 2: I mean, how do you feel about Eddie Murphy? You got a favorite anything you want to share? I think he's achieved a great deal. Cool.
Speaker 1: Let's go to our next one from somebody else that has achieved a great deal. Billy Harmpkins Jade from nineteen ninety five getting a four K release. Now, this one is again a pretty big deal because not only is it freaking but they are getting a lot on this. We've got newly scanned restored in four K from the OCN, both the ninety five minute theatrical cut and the one and seven minute director's cut. That is the big deal. The director's cut has not been seen in quite some time. We got a commentary with Jennifer Mormon on the theatrical. We've got an interview with the screenwriter on here. We've got a featurette with Aggie Haas and the assistant editor Darren Navarro, some other interviews, but Jade, like this is one that people have been guessing for a while was going to be coming from vinegar Syndrome. Not sure where they were getting that, but it is here. Finally, you seemed excited about Jade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that for the first time. Last year the Criterion Collection had a erotic thriller series and I watched Jade, and erotic, I'd say it is, but it was of that time, you know, and very trashy. You you mentioned interview with the screenwriter. That's Joe Estrahaus, the king of trashy scripts.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, this is this is one that again seems to be kind of device. A lot of people very happy that this is getting a nice release, and then some other people just saying this movie is terrible. I personally, I've still never seen Jade, never really had the opportunity to watch it. But this is one that I think is going to make quite a few people happy that they can get more Freedkin. And that's that's the big thing is it's a pretty huge director and they're able to get that, So that's a that's a big deal.
Speaker 2: Always fun well, you know what it's time for It's time for my favorite excitement of the day. I think we need to make some sort of rodent to make a high pitched.
Speaker 1: Sound well, to discuss dirty work. I figured it we should probably have a special guest come on, and that is mister Mike Hunchback of the legendary punk band Screeching Weasel. Hello, Hi guys, hey man doing Mike.
Speaker 5: Doing very well, So happy to be here, guys, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Uh, dirty work? Tell us why you're here to talk about dirty Work?
Speaker 5: Well, I had the pleasure of doing the special features, and while I feel I am very qualified for that job. There was an awesome little string of coincidences that happened years ago. I met and you know, hung out with for a few minutes, Frank Sebastiano, the co writer of Dirty Work, the guy whose idea Dirty Work was. He was also an SNL writer. He was really specifically one of the writers for Weekend Update when Norm was when Norm was hosting it. And I have dabbled in you know, film screenings and stuff over the years, and I love dirty work. Obsessive Norm MacDonald fan, which we should talk about later. We should get into Norm specifically later, but I wanted to do a screening of Dirty Work, and I asked Frank years after having met at him, and he said that sounds like a cool idea and ended up getting some assistance well, and we were gonna screen Dirty Work and Frank's other film, beer League, and wanted to do him both on thirty five. Located a thirty five print of Dirty Work and Frank had a thirty five millimeter print of beer League. Needed a friend to check out that print to see if it was showable. He hadn't looked at it in many years, and called Joe Rubin, who lived like really close to where Frank lives. And Joe looked at it as a favor, which was just He's the best guy, super super sweet thing to do. And we had the screening and it was an awesome night, awesome, awesome night. I thought the story was going to end there. Two weeks later, Joe calls me up and goes, you know, don't tell anybody this because we don't have it yet, but we might be doing Dirty Work at Vinegar Syndrome. Would you want to do some special features? And I said absolutely, so I got lucky on that one again I think I'm qualified, But that's hilarious. I got very lucky, you know, just the timing of that.
Speaker 1: So a lot of people got to wonder, because you know, you are in a small band called Screeching Weasel, how do you get into special features like this? Is this is a very different thing.
Speaker 5: Obviously it is, although you know, it's so funny because to me it makes a lot of sense. Ben the you know, the front man of Screeching Weasel, is such a movie nerd and has always loved movies. In fact, I don't think that there's a small chance that my interest and enjoyment in talking about movies is what helped get me in the band anyway, because I used to be in a band called night Birds, and that was the band that Ben heard before he asked me to play with him. There's a lot of movie songs, you know. We've got pictures with Belile, the original Belile that Frank Hennelatter still has. We've got we had Frank, a old friend of mine, you know, take Blile out to take a band picture with and you know, songs about you know, all sorts of things, thriller. They call her one Eye. Yeah, just and I think that. I think that he was like, Oh, this guy's into movies too, so maybe maybe he'll work.
Speaker 1: That's pretty awesome. And I mean, you're you're working on a handful of releases some other stuff that you can't talk about yet. But what all we're able to get for dirty Work because we got we got to talk about the story behind what what the release is. But just the amount of extras, first of all, is crazy.
Speaker 2: On that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the amount of extras is crazy. And so I found a lifelong friend. Pretty much from the first time I talked to Oscar Basher. He basically Oscar and I we found each other on this project. Obviously, Oscar already works for Beneger Syndrome, and we had one conversation, you know, Joe sort of brought me on to it and he was like, now you got to talk to Oscar. Talk to Oscar. And the first thing we say is we're gonna find in this lost cut, Right, there's nothing that's gonna stop us if we've got this opportunity, and they're going into the MGM vault. We're figuring this thing out. I am pretty sure both of us knew that it was a small percentage chance, but We wanted to just have faith. We wanted to just believe that that's what we were going to be able to do. And I cannot believe it. But it's a long string of circumstances that we can get into if you want. But we did it. You know the thing that if you're a Dirty Work fan and a NORM fan, you love the movie, but you're watching a movie that is the only version that you have, knowing that there was this other thing that's the real movie. And we actually did it. Oscar, Joe, Vinegar Syndrome and some of the especially Frank Sebastiano as far as the Dirty Work team, they did it. They absolutely did it. Yeah, it's we have it.
Speaker 2: It's on the disc.
Speaker 1: Vinigersentram released a video today with Oscar and Curtis and Joe Spastiano talking about all of like taking time coded notes from dailies and being able to splice in things literally, Vinegar Syndrome taking the time and resources to build a film that did not exist. We got a comment just now that's saying IMDb doesn't even have that extended cut a is being listed as real because it wasn't. It wasn't was It was shown once theatrically, and because of that they were able to cobble this together and make it work.
Speaker 5: And and it wasn't shown theatrically in the traditional sense. It was a previous screening. It was just a previous screening. And one of the things that I, I mean, it's like we all know about previous screenings, but I didn't realize how much for comedy in this era of this kind of budget, it was like crazy the amount of test screenings that a movie can get. And so, you know, it was one of those things where Norm is hot, let this guy do anything he wants, and then Hollywood moves so fast that by the time the studio starts to get you know, other ideas about wanting to make wanting to sell more tickets, that was out of their hands in how to cut it, you know. So but they did get that previous screening and they all there's like an infamous phone call. I remember that that Frank told me about where they like sag it Norm Frank Fred they were all like, we got it. That's the movie. We figured it out. It's perfect quote perfect, you know, and that is that is what has been reconstructed.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: This is of course, really really great to see, but also very sad and timely that Norm and Bob could not be here to participate, both within just a handful of years that passing right before this was able to happen. The extras on this what can people expect?
Speaker 5: The the the extras? I mean, we all buy a lot of discs, right and you like to see that long list of stuff in there. And I you know, I'll put on many discs that I get, and I'm very happy that there's all of those special features on there. But I am shocked at the solid content of every single special feature that we have on this disc. You know what I mean? This movie meant a lot to the people that were on. I mean, the one that sticks out right in the front of my mind is Unipark, you know, who plays the street worker that bid off Chris Farley's nose, right, And then they find love or they're unhappy love, but they find each other and they and they and they're happy to be together again. We were I'll be frank, you know what I mean. I I'm a big fan of crude, funny comedy. I love you know, S and L and National Lampoon and all this stuff and it doesn't bother me. And I think that for a lot of people, they all accept it as comedy. But you know, if you're a working actor, and if you're a working Asian actor, maybe you think some of those jokes just aren't as funny as they as they used to be. And so I I, you know, Oscar reached out to her. I reached out to her, and we just kept on reaching out, and literally after we wrapped Special Features, she said, I've got some time I would talk. And I thought she didn't want to talk because it was like, I don't know if I want to associate myself. I'm still trying to work a lot, you know, and that's in bad taste now or something like that. Yeah, but talking to her, I mean I literally had a tear in my eye because she was like, you know, this was so much fun to work on. You know, yeah, it was crass and crude, but we were cracking up and everybody was so just loved being around each other. She describes it as like this is like kids going into a backyard and getting crazy and making a movie, you know, like that kind of energy. So the a joyful, juvenile energy and not a nasty, mean or sort of hateful energy to it, you know. And so there's I mean everybody, I mean the assistant editor, you know, Kevin Farley's stories, we got I mean Fred Woolf, Frank Sebastiano, like the it's the content. You will not be able to flip through the special feature. You're gonna put one on and you're gonna have to see the end of it because because you're gonna be enraptured. That's a high bar.
Speaker 1: You know, two commentaries, one of which is moderated by you on the theatrical cuts. And then we've got the big thing, a sixty three minute newly produced making of documentary with a whole bunch of interviews called note to sef, Note to self doing dirty work. This is We've already got somebody saying in the chat that this is maybe the most loaded disc of the year so far, and for newly produced special features. This was the announcement of the week the month by far. For me, I adore this movie. I've always loved Norman Bob and to be able to see this together is so incredible for a movie like this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it really is, man, I uh yeah, I I It's funny that I worked on it because I'm like the number one fan for this, you know what I mean. If this was if this was I was hearing about this today, I would just be through the roof. And I can't believe I got the opportunity to actually help with the thing.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, yeah, Uh well, Screeching Weasel. Whyn't you tell people what you do for Screeching Weasel on what's coming up?
Speaker 5: I play guitar actually, if you're in the San Francisco area, were playing tomorrow night. Uh and and what you know, check out check out the check out the band's website and the and the socials because we haven't played you know, I I'm bad at Matt, but it might have been you know, because of COVID and stuff. It was like six ended up being like six years, you know. And so we just played some shows last month and it feels super good to be back. We've got an awesome new lead guitar player, Ginger, who does a lot of a lot of stuff with the Queers, plays with them a lot. It's playing with the Dwarves. He's one of those guys like everybody everybody wants this guy he's super good. And uh yeah, we've got shows coming up almost every month, you know, for throughout the summer. Yeah, so I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm so honored that you were able to come on here and talk about Dirty Work. This is one of my favorite movies ever. I've loved this, this this stuff. For god, I don't even know the first time I watched it now, but it's do you have a long history with it?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Was that a movie that you've loved from the beginning?
Speaker 5: It is? I mean to me? I I also also I don't know the format too much. I don't want to go on too long.
Speaker 1: So people want to hear from you.
Speaker 5: I gotta tell you. Man like to me, Norm is I I love stand up comedy. I love it as a very specific art form. I think of somebody like Richard pryor obviously Carlin, you know, I think of Lenny Bruce. I think of these guys that really took it into an arena where you're doing something different. You know, it's not just spoken word, it's not just comedy, it's stand up, you know. And I think that Norm is one of our great recent examples of somebody that is singular in that world, and I think a lot, and I thought a lot about, you know, long before ever getting to work on this disc. I thought a lot about why that is we say that it's often said that people are the biggest their favorite SNL cast is the cast from when they're like fifteen, you know. So for me that is that's a Norm cast. And I was lucky enough to actually go to SNL a couple of times in my life. The first time I did, Norm was the host of Weekend Updates. So in high school I saw him do Weekend Update, you know.
Speaker 2: But at that.
Speaker 5: Time, you are in general, growing out of being a kid and getting to do whatever you want into feeling the responsibility of adulthood, but also being more conscious about how bad of a place the world is, about how much stress there is about everything that you see on the news, you know what I mean. So Norm, to me is a guy that he never wanted to hold back when it came down to if people are going to be so affected by the negativity of the world, we have to have no boundaries and how crazy are out there where you're going to get and so the things that he would talk about a lot of for instance, there's you know, jokes in the movie even that get censored that I don't want to spoil it too much, but there's a scene about where they go to where they get where they go to jail, and they're talking about you know what happens that guy's in jail, right, and you know that's scene as a very bad taste joke to For instance, my parents didn't like Norm, you know what I mean. But when you're fifteen, I think that you're conscious about even things that are that intense, and you want to be able to laugh about them instead of be afraid of them or instead of like power from the world, you know, you want to just be as crazy as possible and as goofy as possible. And I think that Norm, where some people sort of said his comedy was nasty or negative, I just think he was just cathartic and it's sort of exercising like the crap that the world stuffs down our throats, you know. I mean, that's what his stand up really would do. We would talk about the death of his father and managed to make it funny. I mean, there's one of the bits in his last big stand up special. I think it was that is only about a woman that's he sees on the news that gets kidnapped and will they find her? Which is like the darkest, most sad thing you can ever think. But he finds a way to let us all like laugh and release the pressure that we feel about those things. You know, he doesn't get enough credit for that. You know, people geese sandwiches, man Gee sandwiches. You know they're good. You know, I'd get a van fill it with Geez sandwiches exactly.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: But that's that's brilliant, you know, that really is. And that's not like something that anybody did before him, I think either, you know, yeah, so Norm, you know, there's the great quote. I actually got to talk to Lorie Joe Hoachstrom a little bit, and Norm has attributed this quote to her. But I've also read this quote being from Norm, and that quote is when I you know, when he's doing weekend Update or when he was doing his thing period. It seems like he did not want to hear applause. He wanted to hear laughter because applause is voluntary. Laughter is involuntary. You know, somebody is applauding, it's like they agree with your opinion. But if they're laughing, it's because something real just happened and they're out of control. They don't have control over that, you know.
Speaker 1: Norm is the heart and soul of this movie for anybody that's never seen it.
Speaker 2: And the other big thing is this is.
Speaker 1: Bob Sagett's only directorial film, and to not have him be able to speak on that is hard. I imagine that he would have a lot of interesting things to say about this, especially now looking back on it so many years later. But yeah, I mean, you know, talking about crass stand up, Bob was crass on purpose to go just full house image and Bob is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I would verage everyone to watch The Aristocrats. If you haven't seen that, you know Bob's in there, and you know that guy was. He was a real deal stand up too.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: He did the work. Man, He had a whole career besides the TV stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally died doing that. That's the sad thing. Yeah, Well, anything else you want to shout out on the special features or anything that looking back on made this an extra special one for you.
Speaker 5: Man, I could probably go on forever about it, So I'll call it. I'll call it there that.
Speaker 1: That's plenty for me, Mike, this has been incredible. I as somebody that's been immersed on the music scene for many years, I appreciate what you do, and as somebody that loves physical media, you're doing it on two different sides.
Speaker 2: So I just can't.
Speaker 1: Believe that work like this is going to be seen in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot, Thanks so much for having me, Mike.
Speaker 1: Be safe, have a good show tomorrow night, and you and I will talk to bye guys.
Speaker 2: See you.
Speaker 1: Well that was crazy. Yeah, I had a special guest in a while.
Speaker 2: I was glad to get to have that back and forth.
Speaker 1: You've been a little out of it for the last hour or so, so I get it. I Oh, yes, I have people texting me.
Speaker 2: About Man, I'm tired. Okay, this is the this is what happens when I I don't have my special fermented grape juice.
Speaker 1: So dirty work. This is an slip box release. This is the art on the slip box. There is a slip cover on the inside of this. And yeah, like Mike was saying, we've got the eighty two minute theatrical cut, eighty three minute dirtier cut now that dirtier cut. It's not just one minute of extra stuff. There's alternate takes and items that were in there that were censored and completely changed for the theatrical, So it's not just an extra minute. You're getting a lot of other stuff in this interviews like crazy. They got pretty much everybody that they could for this thing, and then on top of that, the full edited together superdocumentary on this huge release. Will I know you haven't had much to say about Dirty Work yet. I know you love this movie. Tell us about it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I'm a big fan of norm. This is another movie I saw alone in the theater. It's a total flop.
Speaker 1: And MGM really screwed this film.
Speaker 2: It really feel like it came out at the exact same time as I Know what you did last summer? Didn't it that eight? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That sounds about it.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like I did a double feature of these movies in one day, and one movie had a ton of people in there, one movie didn't. But the just the I don't know how many people have watched Norms sitcom which was alternately called The Norm Show and then just Norm Yeah, which ran for three seasons. On ABC. It's quite good, Laurie Metcalf. It's really well and really funny, and the movie kind of has that combination of, you know, this is like a nineties SNL Star SAand Lore esque type of dumb plot thing with the norm like Zingers, you know, drive Zingers, and it's just so great and bizarre. I will say, I don't think I've ever cared enough to talk about a slipcover. But I'm a little disappointed, more than a little disappointed in slipcover. Why is it not a hand holding a fish? That's the That's like the centrul image of the next Hold.
Speaker 1: On, let me let me pull it up in another tab. This again, that's the slip box. The slip cover on the inside is completely different.
Speaker 2: That's not a hand holding the fish. Where is it? If it is, then I'm fine, Oh it is Okay, Well that should be. I would prefer the joke would work so much better if the Harriet got on the inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I completely agree. This is this is the slip cover on the inside.
Speaker 2: Ah, they messed it up, but anyway, Yeah, that's that should be the the image. But yeah, this is a this may think you know, Mike talked about it ad nauseum, so I don't want to repeat it. I'm a norm super fan, and I can't believe that Artie is the one who survived.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's kind of the only glaring omission from this. Artie has been sort of m i A for a while, so he is not in any of the bonus features for this.
Speaker 2: I'm too bad, because it'd be nice to hear from him. No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love this movie. I shocked that we're getting this as part of the Vinegar Syndrome subscription. It doesn't feel like a Vinegar Syndrome type film, but at the same time, like, well, the process behind what they just did is literally the Vinegar Syndrome process. That's that's the work that they do.
Speaker 2: I love that. Yeah, this is Anybody who likes Vineger Syndrome stuff probably also likes snorms, so I agree. There.
Speaker 1: Next up Cinematograph. Their next release is Swimming in Cambodia, coming on Blu Ray. This is from nineteen eighty seven. You can pre order this now. Spaulding Gray spent eight weeks in Asia on rolling Jaffe's The Killing Fields and then made this to tell a story. This is directed by Jonathan Demi. We had a new commentary by Scout Deafoya, you know that name, some new interviews including with Roland Joffey and a handful of others.
Speaker 2: But how do you feel about this one? Will Man? You know, I've always had a discomfort with monologusts. I just can't imagine why anyone would want to listen to some guy talk for hours and hours an hour.
Speaker 1: So how's that last audio commentary you did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, this will be a nice companion with those Criterion releases of the others Spawling Gray things. And let me tell you, if there's anybody on this earth who could out talk Spawling Gray, would fan duel parlay Scout Tafoya as that person?
Speaker 1: Oh man, that was really funny, Scott.
Speaker 2: Uh, he's this week?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, Scout's got a lot of things going on for sure. Then, of course, since it's the flash pre order, there are two titles coming from Vinegar Syndrome that we don't know yet. These are mystery titles. They will be revealed over the Memorial Day weekend and you can buy them then, uh and know what they are. Of course, they'll be like a couple dollars more, or you can pre order them now without knowing if you're just like happy with investing in the v VS ecosystem. But yeah, if if you are curious that they have multiple different like bundle options to choose from right now. But some hints, so we've got this says we've got a set of terrifying treats that'll be perfect additions to your library. With the world four k UHD debut of two horror gems, one a brooding and atmospheric masterpiece from the seventies and the other a grim and gruesome early nineties classic by an tour of the Macabre. VS has newly and exclusively restored both for their stunning UHD debuts. Now, the fact that they say UHD debuts that means they've probably been out on DVD, Blu ray before, so they're probably not new to disc or anything like that. But they sound like they're gonna be bigger titles than we usually get in the mystery titles, although they've kind of set that up in the recent years. Anyways, I think exis Ends was one of the mystery titles, So yeah, any thoughts on what those could be?
Speaker 2: Mister William.
Speaker 1: Masterpiece from the seventies that's brooding, an atmospheric and then grim and gruesome early nineties by an A Tour.
Speaker 2: Of the Macabre. Ow. I don't know. I never guessed those, all right, I you know, people, I don't know. Do we agree on who's not Tour of the Macabre?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. Who wrote the copy?
Speaker 2: Was this one? Joe Rubin?
Speaker 1: Does he have a.
Speaker 2: Completely different Yeah?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Anyway, those are the mystery titles. That's well, I guess you you probably know, don't you know?
Speaker 1: These are the mystery titles. There are more things being announced. There's another cinematograph coming, there's a vs A trilogy coming, there is a VSL coming. Uh oh, and there's a Degausser title coming as well. There's a whole lot being announced at the end of this month. Yeah, good luck.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Of course, that night, when it goes live, I will be here streaming with Celeste Lecabra and Jeremy Long once again, but more Weekend Thursday Night Reconnected. Wow, all right, time partner labels. Yep, what's a poll? Woke up a little late this morning. We got a lot of people from over in Europe right now joining up. So next up this These first three I think are all from Film Movement. This first one is A Life in Dirty Movies from twenty thirteen. This is the slipcover art on this one. This is a love story about legendary sexploitation director Joe Sarno. Phil Movement has done a lot of Joe Sarno stuff before. I'm kind of hopeful now that they're doing this, maybe they're going to re release some of those out of print stuff that they've done in the past. This has a new audio commentary with Victor Erickson and Richard Graham. First, there's some extra segments and interviews that they've got on here. But this is just one of the more compelling releases from me this month, at least to hear discussion on Sarron No, definitely one that I feel like, could yeah be super educational.
Speaker 2: I ordered three of the partner labels today and this was one of them that.
Speaker 1: Does not surprise me. I w ooh, I think I can guess what the other two are. Maybe we'll see next one. Red Island from twenty twenty three. This is another Movement title. Here is the slipcover for this one. Has anybody seen this one? This one sounded interesting to me, at least, says Living on one of the last remaining military bases amidst a hedonistic group of French armed forces in nineteen seventies Madagascar, ten year old Thomas begins to find cracks in the surface of his family's blissful existence on the idyllic island. Taking inspiration from his comic book hero Phantom Met, Thomas spies on those around him, discovering the hidden and tangled political and sexual lives of the colonizers and the colonized as a relocation or sorry. As relocation looms, Thomas questions whether the memories he has made are ones he should remember fondly. I assume you've not seen this one, since it's brand new.
Speaker 2: I've seen Madagascar. I like to move it, move it.
Speaker 1: Oh well, we got a commentary with the director on here, and then an essay by a friend of the channel, Sam Cohen. That's Sam from the Discord for everybody that's in there.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, Sam. I looked at the trailer for this and it looked pretty compelling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's certainly interesting at least. Yeah, I'm very interested, But I don't know about an immediate bye. I haven't heard anybody that has seen this.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you need a little more meditations on postcolonial tension, you know what I'm on it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Film Movement is also doing Time to Die from nineteen and sixty six. This is the slip cover on this one. This is a western. This has a video introduction by the director Alex Cox who did Repoman. We've got commentary by director Arturo Ripstein on this and one of the actors some essays on this as well.
Speaker 2: Have you seen this one? Will? No, but I'm very excited to. Is this the second one that you purchased? No, it's gonna have to be round two. You've already I.
Speaker 1: Really thought it was all right. Next up from phil Movement. This is the final one from phil Movement, The Weight from twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: This one.
Speaker 1: The trailer for this actually looks really great. Go check this one out. Says deep in the Andalusian countryside, Eladio works as the groundskeeper of a hunting estate owned by the powerful Don Francisco. After taking a bribe from a veteran hunter, Eladio's normal life falls apart, plunging him into the depths of guilt, hatred and revenge. This one, I'll have a commentary with the director, VFX reel, an essay by Rob Hunter and that is it.
Speaker 2: But it looks very good this one. Yeah. The trailer for this one I thought was, yeah, I definitely want to see this next.
Speaker 1: Canadian International Pictures love those guys putting out action the October Crisis of nineteen seventy This is from nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 2: Is this the second title you purchased it? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a wheel title through and through. Good looking slip cover on this one. And then not to mention it's CIP. I know, we both love those guys. Great work on all of their discs. This one is scannery stored in two K from the sixteen millimeter interpositive by the National Film Board of Canada. We've got commentaries included, one assembled from archival interviews with the director Robin Spry. There's another one with Justin Smith. There are some new interviews on here as well. French language audio track fifty eight minute Portrait of Society Crisis eighteen seventy three, right documentary and uh, it looks great. We get a booklet on this one. As well. The Cali kid shouting you out Wheel says the super chat's almost only for the living legend Will Dudd and they he donated five bucks.
Speaker 2: Thanks Cali. Oh thanks? What am I supposed to do? Uh?
Speaker 1: Wave?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Now take off yourture. Wait, well, I did not mean to click.
Speaker 2: I did not mean to This is this is some really important history to know, especially right now, not just because of not just because of us, but what's happening in Canada right now.
Speaker 1: You know, literally this week.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, the election is one thing, but and you know, it's not just the Prime minister, They're the entire parliament got shaken up pretty seriously. And I don't know how many people follow like the news in Quebec, but linguistic strife going on now, I mean it's pretty intense. Some people talk about, you know, having an official language. I think it's a bad idea, And the more you learn about Quebec, I think you'll know why I feel that way. But this is a pretty shocking bit of history. So I'm really excited to see the documentary and kind of fill in the gaps of what I've learned about it.
Speaker 1: CIP has done a few of these now and it's always incredible. They do great stuff on these discs. Canadian Terrorists, you know. Next title is from Connie and that is but Tang West Side from two thousand and one. This is a film that is five hours long. This one is something that looks incredible. All of the reviews on letterbox for this are amazing. I feel like I shouldn't say this is this the third one you bought, because almost feel like it would be just as everyone. No, I've skipped two others that I knew it wasn't, so it's not this one. Okay, this is.
Speaker 2: Definitely a round two. I mean I always get everything that Connie puts out.
Speaker 1: So it's got to be the music doc that you bought that all right? This one sounds just absolutely amazing. Shot on sixteen millimeter under duress at the freezing turn of the millennium by Young Fearless Love Diez in the Philippines. Oh yeah, Philippines and a ki Ra happens to be in the Philippines watching us live right now on vacation.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a great looking release. We've got multiple interviews coming on this in a booklet with some archival writing. Connie doing great stuff. Look this film up on letterbox, read some of the reviews. I am impressed with this one, and I feel like I need to see this Next up, Blood Quantum from Shutter. This is from twenty nineteen, says the dead are coming back to life outside, but in the isolated, meek mac reserve of the Red Crow, the indigenous inhabitants are immune to the zombie plague. Trailer, the tribal sheriff must protect his son's pregnant girlfriend, apocalyptic refugees, and reserve riff raft from the hordes of walking white corpses. Now that I'm remembering, I know you wanted Blood Quantum.
Speaker 2: You bought this one. I already have it. Shutter released it several years ago. Oh they did. But this has a new slipcoverbviously and a scalp defoia commentary it does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, also has a booklet with me writing by Mo Machette, and then a short as well.
Speaker 2: I show this in my class on zombies, and you know it's it's not a perfect movie, but it's it's raw. It really gets to people.
Speaker 1: I've not seen this one, I've heard good things, so I will definitely need to check this out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, good one.
Speaker 1: Then next, Brainstorm Media putting out Consumed from last year twenty twenty four. This says, trapped between a madman and a skin stealing monster, a married couple must fight to make it out of the woods alive. This is starring Devin Sawa.
Speaker 2: This one, No, the trailer looks pretty good though it's a Wendigo.
Speaker 1: Uh, I've not seen the trailer yet. This is one that I kind of bypassed. I probably should go check it out. He's got a commentary with the director and the writer. We got a video interview with the creator of the creature effects in the film. Some I'm behind the scenes footage that's forty minutes long, special effects footage that's thirty minutes long. Lookle it with the New USA by Don Lewis. Looks like a pretty good release from Brainstorm And yeah this is this is not a film I'd even heard of. But yeah, if you're saying the trailer looks good, I'm gonna have to watch that.
Speaker 2: Other than the fact that Devin Sawa is cast as as like a mountain man survivalist type, which I don't really see. Maybe, maybe, maybe he pulls it off in the movie, but that's a tough that's a tough one for me, and I like Devian Sawa, don't get me wrong, just don't see him in that role. I get that. So, but he might astound me. He might be like, hey, well check out my range, my mountain range. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh that was that was very usual for me. Yeah, so this is probably the one you bought them.
Speaker 2: That's the one. Working class ripoff. Oi oi, another fucking ripoff. Another media ploy.
Speaker 1: Factory twenty five putting out another music doc. This is Crass The Sound of Free Speech the story Reality Asylum from twenty twenty three documentary on this region free. We got some deleted scenes, including extended interviews with Crass members and the director. Twenty eight page booklet with an interview with the director as well. Yeah this this screams will. I kind of figured it would be this one.
Speaker 2: Oh, love Crafts, you know, this is the one of them. I'm not saying they're one of the most important groups or collectives, but this is a super important part of punk history, and I am certain that it was deliberately released today International Workers' Day.
Speaker 1: Factory twenty five doing things right. CALLI kid again has a question would love to know your thoughts on current movies. Novacanan, Black Bag. I spoke about Novacaine earlier. I thought it was pretty good. I think Jack Quaid is definitely up and coming. Any thoughts on the Michael Hannica collection will I don't think you were here the week that that got announced. How do you feel about hannecoverall like anything? Any favorites for you?
Speaker 2: Love him the interestingly to me, probably not to anybody else. But the first movie I saw of his was Time at the Wolf, and I'd never heard of him before. And I saw Time of the Wolf and was like, WHOA all right? And I happened to be in two thousand and eight in San Francisco at a conference, and this is where I met my friend Chris Chris Wolf for the first time. And I was by myself and looking for something to do, and I went to see two movies back to back. The first was Michael Hanneka's remake of his own Funny Games, and then the second was Adam Carolla Is The Hammer, And I watched them back to back with Hannicky first Wow. Now, first of all, to tell you, Adam Kroll is not my favorite comedian, but The Hammer is actually pretty good. I defy anybody to watch it and say it's not at least pretty good. But Funny Games, you know, I think there was a lot of hate about him remaking his own own film the way he made it. But I went back and watched the original Funny Games and then plowed through his whole homography and love him. And so when this box set was announced, I was like, who do I have to kill to make this happen? You know? Yeah, So that's a definite eventual gift for me. But crass so excited. The other question there was about Black Bag. What movie is that? Black Bag?
Speaker 1: That is the Soderbergh like spy thriller that just came out. I've not seen it yet. I know you've not seen it yet, but thanks to Ronnie, Ronnie says it is streaming on Peacock as of tomorrow, so I will finally be able to see it. I've been dying to see it. It looked really great, but again shout out. Soderberg already released two films this year, and it's May first.
Speaker 2: I've only watched on Peacock that Saint Dennis Medical Shows. It's sweet. So now I'll watch Black Bag. There's not much stuff on that one. I don't think peacock, Yeah, I don't. I don't use that often either, I guess. Uh, all right, so that was how many goddamn movies are left?
Speaker 1: Only like forty four?
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: No, he's real, like twelve or fifteen.
Speaker 2: I'm so tired, man, I'm going to try to make this this next one really funny. Uh it's.
Speaker 1: Oh that was awful timing, Big Old Pictures putting out a double feature of Monopoly of Violence and German youth. Yes, let's hear your routine for this one.
Speaker 2: Will that's all the title? That'd be a funny thing to say.
Speaker 1: I was very funny.
Speaker 2: I'm interested in these. These are fair. These are newer movies that I'm not familiar with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty Big World Pictures has done a lot of really good stuff that's very heady.
Speaker 2: Big World is another one where I get pretty much everything they put out, so I trust their taste.
Speaker 1: And they seem to be speaking to your flavors quite well well.
Speaker 2: Canadian terrorists and German terrorists, German youth.
Speaker 1: Oh man, So yeah, this one region a lock blu Ray. We got a couple trailers on here, some short films and a book of new writing by Felipe for Tado. Yeah, big world pictures, solid quality work and I never hear people talking about them.
Speaker 2: Good stuff.
Speaker 1: Next, ETR Media putting out Satan Wants You from twenty twenty three, with one of the best slipcovers of the year so far, but even better. I know a lot of people don't love the ETR Media stuff, but everyone I know that has seen this, I know I have a handful of friends that saw this on the festivals, seem to think this was incredible. I even got a couple that like had to go back and watch it twice while it was in theaters. So Satan Wants You tells the untold story of how the Satanic Panic of the nineteen eighties was ignited by Michelle Remembers, a lurid memoir by psychiatrist Larry Paster and his patient Michelle Smith. Supported by the Catholic Church, the best selling book relied on recovered memory therapy to uncover Michelle's childhood abduction by baby stealing Satanists, amplified by law enforcement. In America's daytime TV boom Fucking Heraldo, Satanic rumors spread through panic stricken comedies communities across the world, leaving a way of destruction and wrongful convictions in their wakes. This film digs deep into the roots of moral panics and cult conspiracy, showing how these events still affect and distort our reality today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this sounds incredible.
Speaker 1: I got to see this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not to mention people like the West Memphis three. Yeah, this is This is such a reminder how goddamnopid everybody is, you know what I mean? Uh, these are these the people that believe this shit are the same people today who are like, I think vaccination is a choice, you know, those morons And I heard you, You're like, uh, get mad at Heraldo, which is great, But like the Catholic Church supported this crap, you know, Catholic Church. You know, everybody's all like, yeah, Pope, Pope, Pope, the guy in a costume that everybody says is the mouthpiece of God. Okay, that's freaking weird. And Lindsey Graham is nominating the Orange King to be the mouth of God. This, this church supported a hoax that they knew full well was a hoax that resulted in the destruction of so many innocent people's lives and people still believe this stuff. Oh yeah, you know. I remember growing up, I had a babysitter the whole time my folks were gone. She's telling me about backwards led Zeppelin lyrics.
Speaker 1: I was just so expecting baby stealing Satanists to be coming into that.
Speaker 2: No, anyway, the Catholic Church supports this stuff. And I don't know, I don't know if you're aware of this, but they've got a history of messing with children which zero people have been held to accounts, and everybody's like, oh, the most powerful. You know, our freaking laws are determined by these people, and I don't care for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Reservoir wants to point out that you can watch this currently on two B.
Speaker 2: No offense to any Catholics listening. You know, you got the best art and horror movies for sure.
Speaker 1: No offense unless you have a history of children than all offense.
Speaker 2: Or you know, selling passes to heaven or torturing people to death for hundreds.
Speaker 1: Of years, or one of the other eight hundred and fourteen things we could.
Speaker 2: Refusing refusing to, you know, give health care to women.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the Catholic and Atheist scary things that we were just talking about. This is a perfect time to transition into AGFA putting out their Scare Film Archives Volume two, Danger Stories, from nineteen fifty one to eighty two. I personally loved the first volume of the Scare Film Archives, so this one says, prepared to learn everything you've ever wanted to know about sentient flames, rebellious bicycles, and workplace dismemberment. The Scare Film Archives Volume two, Danger Stories collects the best of the best educational safety scare films from the twentieth century, lovingly curated from Something Weird Falls and Beyond. These surrealist visions have been preserved from original sixteen millimeter prints that were inflicted upon children and classrooms across America. So this has thirteen shorts preserved from the original elements, all combined from like I said, fifty one to eighty two. But on top of that, they've also got a commentary on Mister Flame with Brett Berg, Tiernan Arok and Josiemba from AGFA. There's also a couple other commentaries on here. But then Danger Stories A Word Salad Symphony, an exclusive feature length of mixtape from a friend of the show. Brett Berg from AGFA himself, this looks amazing.
Speaker 2: Shake hands with danger alone is worth the price of a mission. Yeah, that was a classic mystery science theater short and it's got a great original song attached to it as well.
Speaker 1: Polp is making a joke from the last month, but he's says, I'm afraid to be banned now since you banned him last time. But priests have actually been held accountable for a molestering children.
Speaker 2: He says, it's the same thing they did with soldiers and Abu Grave. None of the none of the big wigs got in trouble. They just they just said, oh I see a couple bad apples. You know, nobody who should be in jail is in jail.
Speaker 1: I would agree, But what it is true some people have been held responsible, just not the right ones.
Speaker 2: And I'll say this, I don't know what facts have to do with anything. This is probably the one that's gonna get me in trouble. Talking about the Catholic Church.
Speaker 1: Uh so CALLI kids, says The Michael Hanica collection is limited per movie. It's a great deal. And I don't work for Umbrella. Just a poor boy from a poor family. Well, yes, it is limited, although they do say that there's going to be like a smaller addition going to some other retail stores, so I hope that that keeps.
Speaker 2: All of the differ at least.
Speaker 1: I'm still impressed that they expanded the set and didn't charge more. That's a really classy move from them, all right. Scare Film Archives Volume two from AGFA. Next Sleeping Beauty from twenty eleven getting a release from IFC Films. This one is presented by Jane Campion. Julia Lee is the director on this and Emily Browning is the star. We got a new commentary from the one and only Alexandra Heller Nicholas booklet with new writing by Esther Rosenfield. And this one is supposedly pretty decent. We've not been able to check this one out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good I like it good.
Speaker 1: And twenty eleven so fairly recent. Bleeding Skull doing their next release. This is from nineteen eighty seven. It's a blu ray of the Soul Tangler. This had a DVD release before, and this was preserved from the one inch tape master because the sixteen millimeter film elements were all lost. There's a commentary on here with the director Pat Bischo. Director's cut sixty two minutes long, quite a bit shorter than the regular cut on this one. We got some other extras, some music videos, a bonus movie. It's a Haunted Happening from two thousand and two, which is seventy four minutes long. It's a previously unreleased film from the same director, and that also includes a commentary. Bleeding School doing some killer releases.
Speaker 2: I feel like in last year awesome trailer upe for that. That one made me very intrigued.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, indeed, I am excited about this one. Bleeding School does good stuff. I was responding to somebody.
Speaker 2: I liked your build up to that. Oh this is yeah, this is kind of what I tell myself every day when I wake up.
Speaker 1: Saturn's Cores releasing two thousand and five's You Are Alone. Here is the slop coover on this one. You Are Alone presents a haunting exploration into just how far a man and woman will go to escape loneliness, if only for an hour. This is a film directed by Gorman Bashard, who also did the film Disconnected that was released by Vinegar Syndrome. This has a brand new commentary by the director or some archival extras, the original ninety seven minute rough cut and then a new twenty twenty five career spanning interview with the director, as well some deleted scenes, a whole bunch of short films and ross from Saturn's Core. Just building an incredible disc like he always does. If you are ever wondering if a Saturn's Core release is going to be worth it, there's like nothing else that you could possibly want on these things. Looks like a pretty loaded disc for a film that I didn't even know existed. But the director seems to love it, and uh, yeah, I like just connected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he also did Psycho Is in Love with Yeah, this is I think several months ago we were talking about a Saturn's Core release and I think I made an offhand remark like where are the the s ov like dramas? And here we are, here we go. This looks really good. I've not seen it before, but I'm a fan of a Shard or Beckard. I can't remember how it's pronounced, not sure, but anyway, I guess I'm not as much of a fan as I thought. I can't even say his name right, but yeah, this is when I definitely want to get to get ahold of as soon as I can afford it.
Speaker 1: Well, I know I can pronounce I'm a fan of Adam's core Ross. Keep doing what you do, do good work. And then a Maluscene title is up for preer to right now. This is going to be coming on four K as it's part of the male Youuscene line, and all of their titles are four K. This is Naked Came the Stranger from nineteen seventy five, says Billy and Gilly host New York's most provocative and successful morning talk show, but their lascivious on the air personas are masking a far less than voracious home sex life. Everything comes to a head when Gilly discovers that her seemingly faithful husband is carrying on with his quote love Bunny phyllis at first hurt bison fidelity. Gilly quickly decides that she too, ought to expand her sexual horizons, and with that in mind, begins an over the top game of seduction as she beds each of her and Billy's high society friends. This is a Radley Metzger film, and this is a two disc set. You got a four K and a region free Blu Ray feature length audio commentary with Radley Meh moderated by Ashley West from the Realta Report. That is incredible. We got the alternate softcore version of this included. We've got a trailer, some radio spots, archival image gallery, locations, featurette liner booklet with Ashley West from the Realta Report there as well. Yeah, I love most of them, Miliu scene releases.
Speaker 2: Have a difficult time watching them. We just have the one TV in the open room and my kids never go to bed right, understandable. I'll see it one of these days.
Speaker 1: That is it?
Speaker 2: Varosian? Before we talk about Shane, how do you feel about Shane?
Speaker 1: Shane will come back? How do you feel about these this slate from Vinegar Syndrome Because again and a lot of people complaining that it's super mainstream, but again, I feel like it's a natural sort of progression for Vinegar Syndrome. If they can sell, if they can sell eight thousand copies of the Golden Child, and that that can fund literally like the year of restorations for them, why would they not So?
Speaker 2: First of all, I think the partner label slate this month for me is I want I want all sixteen or fifteen however many titles that is, which is not always the case, but this time I want all of them. They all all those films look interesting, at least as far as I don't know. I you know, john Ford reportedly, you know, said I do one for them, one for me. You know what I mean. You you, in order to subsidize a film that isn't going to make money or might lose money, you got to put out something that you know is going to make money. Yeah, So I would never complain about that as a as an economic reality. And even if you know, for example, Golden Child isn't great, it's still cool that it's getting released. It couldn't never release before Jade had a Blu ray that was out of long out of print.
Speaker 1: Golden Jail did have a Blu ray like I mentioned, Oh it did just a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean this is you know, did anybody complain about a cinematograph for Drop Zone? Yes, oh, many many people did. And you know, dirty work is dirty work deserves that kind of attention and it would never get it from a studio.
Speaker 1: So yeah, to me, Dirty Work kind of makes up for everything right now, even if I hated the rest of them, Like this, this Dirty Work release is an astonishing et to Norman Bob that like should be impossible. Literally, I mean no, no studio specifically MGM, and how they treated this was going to sit down and go through dailies and time exactly when they needed to cut certain things in from some fuck random tape that was recorded at a pre screening of the Dirtier cut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, I mean, you know, if I mean, Dirty Work is probably going to pay for itself. I hope so. But to the point of many people who prefer the more obscure work coming out in vinegar syndrome, Like in order for us to get stacked packages of extras for these these movies that aren't necessarily going to sell a bunch of copies, ye, this is the way to do it. And so I never begrudge if there's something I don't want to I just don't get it. And it's that simple.
Speaker 1: Uh. Before we get to Shane, Kelly, Kid wants to know from you, what is one movie that you want on Blu Ray? Will I know that you've talked about Wishless before, many times.
Speaker 2: Only one, just one. I would start with one, just one that's so hard? Blue Ray? Or for wait? Can I pick a four K and a Blue Ray? Sure? I want a four k uhh fourthwith of Tears of the Black Tiger. Okay, and I want a Blu Ray real restoration good addition of I want to say every John Sales movie, but if I only get to have one, I'm gonna go with I'll start with Brother from Another Planet?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, solid pick wellt's discuss. Oh gosh, I was trying to get out of that. Uh, let's see.
Speaker 2: I would have said the Shane remake. But here it is.
Speaker 1: Oh man, God, that is a good, good question. Craig says, Brother from Another Planet is coming soon, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I had not heard that. Let me go look it up because that would make me happen Brother from of course if Vinegar Syndrome wants to really make me happy. Merchants of Death, the Trauma License film. I say it every week, every week, every time I'm on What would Ryan want to bring from DVD to Blu Ray more than anything else?
Speaker 5: Hmmm?
Speaker 1: A movie that will hates that I watched a lot as a kid, if I remember, I Will hates this, but I grew I grew up for some reason because I was raised in southern California. I really loved dangerous Minds. I would love to see that get a flue ray.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing some good stuff in the chat. Oh oh, we got some altmand there a wedding. I agree. Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 1: Brother from Another Planet is not listed anywhere as coming soon, but there's this weird listing that shows that it was released on May fourteenth of last year in a BDR, But I don't know that it was actually released because there's no company attached to it.
Speaker 2: Leanna. Of course, Ronnie, I love that Shoreline Entertainment. Well, I'm just saying the entire catalog of john sales needs to be restored. We released, yes, all right, back to the show.
Speaker 1: July fifteenth, four K and blu ray release in the US from Kenot of Shane from nineteen fifty three. This has a new audio commentary by Alan k. Rhad and he is writing a forthcoming monograph called Shane, a Real West Series Book from the University of New Mexico Press. So yeah, perfect pick to discuss this. George Stevens directed Alan Ladjean Arthur starring Shane. Look at that Ryan Howard about to pop in and watch inflatable sex Dolls of the Wasteland.
Speaker 2: Nice, wait, it's out.
Speaker 1: It is sort of shipping. I think a couple of people have received it. So yeah, that is Shane.
Speaker 2: Pretty visual, essail man.
Speaker 1: That's pretty great.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Flicker Alley releasing on June. Ted The Blu Ray Here in the US of Champagne and Caviar, four of the comedies from nineteen thirty one and nineteen thirty two that are let's see the titles here, The Private Secretary, The Upright Center, The Trunks of Mister O F. And I By Day, You by Night on the.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, okay prevents Skrettan.
Speaker 1: Brave.
Speaker 2: Do you cover this hurd? The O F?
Speaker 1: Probably? I don't have you uh to do this? I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We got commentaries on all of these from.
Speaker 2: Knocked to say it like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't do that, uh, commentaries featuretts. We got Souper Hair booklet with an essay by Lucas Forster, reversible cover art. Lots of stuff there. This seems right upure ally. I know our friend Gauge is very happy about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and isn't that a beautiful uh cover? It's so perfect.
Speaker 1: It is pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is I saw this announcement when you posted it earlier today and what's the word? I was elated. What a nice surprise.
Speaker 1: Flicker Alley does some incredible work for philm Archive and they don't get enough attention.
Speaker 2: I love the stuff that they do.
Speaker 1: Then, Mercury Studios on June six is releasing a blue ray of and Wilson in Tripsitter Live in concert from twenty twenty four. And Wilson, of course, the front woman of Heart. Supposedly this is a really good concert covers a couple of big songs on this as well, so you got like her version of immigrant song on here, but of course plays crazy on you, Barracuda, some of the big ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ooh Barracuda, Yeah, I think four.
Speaker 1: K Yeah, that'd be fun. Well, school is so tired. That is the last thing I'm happy too. I'm happy if someone was like, you know what would sell and Wilson's solo concert in twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty four, and let's put this font on the front of it. It will Yeah, it looks like on Wilson, as.
Speaker 1: We always do in case you forgot. Coming out next week, we got the Leelo and Stitch four K from Disney, What Lies Beneath four K from Screen Factory, Umbrellas of Cherbourg four K and In the Heat of the In the Heat of the Night four K, both from Criterion. Falling in Love should be shipping soon from fun City Editions. The Seat of the Sacred fig getting into Blu ray release next week. I like Killing Flies from Oscilloscope. Gladiator one and two four K combo pack. You can pick up Girl Hell ninety nine is a master video thing if you want it. Same with Burp and Mosque Are. That's a Tom Tyler silent film collection from Friends of the Channel under Craak Productions. The Empire from Keino, But that is it. Next week is a pretty slow week for these releases.
Speaker 2: Tom Tyler and the criterions for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna need to pick up especially umbrellas in the next sale. Good stuff, here will my friend.
Speaker 2: You made it.
Speaker 1: You've gone a little over three hours.
Speaker 2: How do you feel fine? Tired? It's yeah, I know, I know You're used to You're used to me being like a giant Arthur like the Dudley more like with my fermented grape juice. It's just different when I don't have that. When I'm drinking ginger tea, I'm just like fighting. Just keep my eyes open, you know.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: Me me too.
Speaker 1: Usually at this time, except for on Thursday night, I could say, up to like four o'clock on Thursday nights.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. It was really cool to to have Mike hunchback from screechingways on. That was kind of neat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was it was a big deal. I might be trying to do some more stuff with Mike in the future. The Dirty Work release was a special one. I was able to help out just a tiny bit with it, and to be able to work with Mike and Oscar on something for a film that I love. Was genuinely in honor this release coming together. I don't know, there's something super special about it and extra poignant. Again, like just to hit home the fact that the two main people really associated with this movie artistically that have passed in just the last few.
Speaker 2: Years is don't give Farley. I know, I know, really wasn't it. Yeah, I think it came out right after Farley that.
Speaker 1: It had to have Yeah, because we just said that was ninety eight. So yeah, a huge cast. Again, if you've never seen Dirty Work, if you like a lot of the like the the cult stuff, you'll probably like the comedy in Dirty Works. It's a really great one. I know that for a lot of people it's odd because Yes, doesn't do a lot of comedy, but it's it's a really great film.
Speaker 2: It's so funny, really great film. Oh I got a compliment from my German. This is that shiit.
Speaker 1: You were gonna pitch one more thing again at the end of the show.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, just remind people, you know, in addition to spending all your money on the halfway to like Friday sale over Memorial Day weekend, Carolina fear Fast. If you're in the region, what are the dates for that? That's the.
Speaker 1: Twenty four sixth, which is Memorial Day weekend, I believe. So you're in trouble, you can.
Speaker 2: Hang out with me and Malcolm McDowell, not at the same.
Speaker 1: Rock juts and Will Dodson and Malcolm McDowell.
Speaker 2: Right, it's just like an easy rider situation.
Speaker 1: Oh that's perfect. Yeah, some other stuff we'll be talking about soon. Some of the releases going to be getting announced here in the next couple months that we're excited to share with the world that we've been doing some stuff behind the scenes. Like I said, new issue of the Physical Media Advocate releasing whenever it gets approved by Amazon, sometimes tonight or tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: Fingers crossed.
Speaker 1: It's a really great issue, got an incredible cover on it. I hope you love it. Other than that, check out the Discord tret link in the description below. It's a really great place. We'd love to have you and will till June. I guess huh, yeah, you know I'm gonna do tomorrow. What are you gonna do tomorrow?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna see the Melvins and Napalm Death. Oh I don't think I remember that. Okay, I'm a wow.
Speaker 1: Hell of a weekend, Hell of a weekend.
Speaker 2: I crave adventure. Yeah, I don't seek danger. It seems to find me. Oh, we know, I should have just ended it right there. All right.
Speaker 1: On that note, Uh, thank you all for watching. It's been a fun week. Thanks again to Mike Hunchback of Screeching Weasel made for something super unique. Glad we were able to have him, everybody'd be safe this week. We'll see you next Thursday. Bye, guys, thank you for watching The Disconnected. On the way out, make sure that you are a subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this.
Speaker 2: Tell me.
Speaker 7: No Hello, and welcome to Tumbleweeds and TV Cowboys.
Speaker 2: My name is Hunter.
Speaker 6: In this podcast, I'll be joined by a different guest each week to discuss a classic Western movie or TV show. I've been a fan of classic westerns for as long as I can remember, and in recent years they've become very nostalgic for me. I love the estate, the tropes, and I love seeing different filmmakers takes on them at their best. They're incredibly entertaining, rewatchable, and some of my all time favorite movies are Westerns. We'll mostly focus on Western movies made in Hollywood, but will also be covering spaghetti westerns. And one thing I'm very excited to get into our Western TV shows. I've got some amazing guests coming on the show, film professors, historians, and podcasters, and Tumbleweeds and TV Cowboys is part of the Someone's Favorite Productions Podcast network, and many guests on the show will be from other shows on the network.
Speaker 7: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 3: To hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Productions Podcast Network, please select the link in the description