Speaker 1: The Sandy Show is proud partners with our bank. We invite you to open your account effortlessly online at www dot org dot bank. Remember FDIC. I've never been called out for staring before. Have you ever been called out for staying?
Speaker 2: And I think so. It's always awkward and uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Boy, I got I called out, but in a friendly way. Okay, all right, boy.
Speaker 3: Anytime someone stares, like Landry Stairs every once in a while people yeah, and I call her Geneva, quit staring. That was my grandmother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she would stare a hole through people to the point where it was like stop. Yeah, you had to tell her, yeah, stop staring at people. Grand She'd look at me, go shut up. So I was at in Cedar Park over the weekend. I was at the International House of Pancakes.
Speaker 2: Oh, the ie Hop. When did you go there? I thought you were snooty about the eye Hop.
Speaker 3: I'm okay with the I Hop, I am. I like their sausage.
Speaker 2: I like the pancakes.
Speaker 1: The pancakes are delicious. Yeah, I just it was closed. I was in the area. I didn't want to go in there. Normally go to I don't really go to gyms. I mean I'm ninety nine percent of the time I'm at Gym's for breakfast. But I went there and I sat down, I'm having my coffee, looking at my phone, went for my breakfast, and I look up and then two rows in front of me, Like the rows are all along the window right, I'm literally in the middle. There's another booth in front of me, and then another one past that, and there's these two people sitting in the booth in between and so on the other side. I catch a glimpse of this guy and I look over there and I kind of had to tilt my head to look and I was like, oh, my gosh, is that who?
Speaker 3: I think that is too?
Speaker 1: And I'm like keep looking at And then about the third time I kind of moved my head around the person that was blocking my view. About the third time he looked right at me.
Speaker 3: The guy you thought you knew, yes, And I didn't stare anymore, and I was like, oh, crap, I got caught.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't that's him, but it could be him. Yeah, I thought it was EMMITTT.
Speaker 2: Smith shut up and Smith at the eye hoop in Cedar Park.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I started in my head, I'm like Okay.
Speaker 1: His son plays for A and M and they played last night in college station.
Speaker 2: You were calculating this all in your head.
Speaker 3: I was like, he could easily be in Austin right now in Cedar Park eating pancakes with his wife at the eyehop. That's true, bald headed man, the gray beard that Emittt's rocket, big shoulders, not real tall, and I'm like, holy crap, am it rocks.
Speaker 2: The eye hoop? But it wasn't him.
Speaker 1: He came up to me, and clearly this has happened before. Yeah, he came up to me and he just stopped right next to my table and he goes, hey, man, you a Cowboy fan?
Speaker 3: And I go, yeah, I am. He goes, yeah, man, I'm not. It's me. He looks exactly exactly like him.
Speaker 2: Oh did you freak out out?
Speaker 4: I thought.
Speaker 3: I was like, what if it is Emma?
Speaker 2: Oh jesus.
Speaker 1: But I knew as soon as he said he a Cowboys fan. Yeah, I was like, let you down. Yeah, it's like you ain't emit. But I almost I almost said, can I get a selfie anyway?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Let me just tell people that I saw you.
Speaker 3: He looked exactly like him.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Clearly he gets it all the time. Yep, because he was pretty comfortable about it.
Speaker 2: That's awesome though, that he addressed it and came up and said something to you.
Speaker 1: I mean it was like, clearly he knows that people are going to stare at him and probably stopped him in the past.
Speaker 3: But he looked just just like Emma.
Speaker 2: That's funny, and it looks good with the gray beard he does. I feel like I've seen a picture of him recently.
Speaker 1: And his son plays for the Aggies e J And where's number twenty two? Oh okay, just like Emmit Sweeden and he played pretty good the other night.
Speaker 2: Good so for him.
Speaker 3: That's my hop. In EMMITTT. Smith's story, friends, glad you're here for it, no.
Speaker 2: Charge, iye hop story. I can't believe you're going there without me. I feel a little mad about it. I'll take you the I hop if you're lucky. If I'm like, did you get your butt out of bed on the weekend? No, you go too early to go later.
Speaker 3: Stay with us.
Speaker 1: We got more coming up before we tell you about Pitch A friend to all of our friends that use I thirty five every single morning. I hope your commute is going a little bit better today than it did yesterday.
Speaker 2: Whoa two hours?
Speaker 3: Yeah, two hour delays.
Speaker 2: Two hour delay on I thirty five. It was an awful accident, but then two hour delay. My gosh, I turn around and go home.
Speaker 1: I think I was driving on Southwest Parkway on Sunday afternoon and there was a mobile home trailer off that had got separated from the truck and on its side right in the middle of Southwest Parkway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 3: They had to get the big rig to get that sucker out, that sucker out.
Speaker 1: I was heading back that way about hour and a half two hours later, and they had finally had it up on the side that on the wheels.
Speaker 3: Yeah again, but that's not good.
Speaker 2: Nope, that's not good at all, not good for the flow of traffic all.
Speaker 1: So hopefully you're commute this morning on I thirty five is going on a little bit better than it did yesterday. If you have that single friend that you just think is great, you just love them and can't understand why they are single.
Speaker 2: Yep, Or your friend is tired of people going how are you single? Yeah, I have one of those friends.
Speaker 3: There's something for you tonight Yep.
Speaker 2: It's called Pitch a Friend is going to be held at Central Machine Works down on Caesar Chavez and what it is. It's people can give presentations to pitch their single friends for prospective dates. This is the first time it's being held at Central Machine Works against seven thirty to nine thirty tonight, where participants are given three to five minutes to make a presentation about their single friends and to hype them up to try and find them a date. And the whole point of this is to promote in person connections, people's back way getting away on all the online stuff.
Speaker 3: Right, And you know what, three to five minutes is a lot longer than you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think it's not enough time. It's a lot of time.
Speaker 1: It's all a lot of time to pitch your friend. That's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: I think it's very very cool. Some guy, the guy who's putting it together, John Cooper, was at Sunbar in Philadelphia and he was like, this is cool. So he went all in to try and bring it to Austin. He was hoping for maybe one hundred, two hundred and fifty people apparently with the RSVPs, and the response is three times that really, Yes, a big deal.
Speaker 3: Just in crowd or participants and.
Speaker 2: People who are interested in it. So it probably isn't going to be the only time they do this.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they does the friend stand up there with them, or do they put them on the screen or.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I have no idea in my brain. You're getting up on stage with your little PowerPoint presentation or just talking about him, and your friend is there. It's almost like you're auctioning them off.
Speaker 3: I'm just thinking about pitch, like if I were to pitch one of my friends, lay my friend more.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, boy, if you liked the fish and play golf, play golf and hunt deer and duck and dove and croc and you love crocs, this is your guy.
Speaker 2: If you don't go to fancy places, but if you do, you're okay. If your guy wears crocs, Yeah, this is the guy you need.
Speaker 3: But he's always in a good.
Speaker 2: Mood, always in a good mood.
Speaker 3: Always happy. Yep, very kind, yep. But you'd just better be ready to get in the duck blind because.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be there a lot, a lot and down at the coast all.
Speaker 3: The time, every weekend at the coast sound good to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's somebody out there who's like, yes, or exactly what I'm looking.
Speaker 3: Or do you want a boyfriend that's never home on the weekend?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the absence makes the heart grow fonder kind of relationship again the guy for you.
Speaker 1: By the way, my buddy more is happily married for like thirty years. And so that's just an example. But it would be fun. You could have a lot of fun. The thing that would be hard for I think people pitching their friend would have to really fight themselves to not do is roast their friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know, a bunch of inside stuff might like make fun a little bit. Now, this is your chance to get up there and just hype them up, make them shine.
Speaker 1: And I wonder what the age group of this is, Like, what's the demographic that shows up?
Speaker 2: Is it twenty five year old tops? They range from early twenties into their mid forties. The sweet spot is in the twenty seven to thirty four year range.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean I don't think that stops anybody.
Speaker 3: If somebody's older, How great would it be if some girl took her grandpa. I'm trying to get a little pitched pepa. Yeah, so we should be pitch your people.
Speaker 2: And you know, every one of those pepoles would show up dressed up with their little jaunty pepa hat on because they want to look nice.
Speaker 3: And their shoes would be show ehoes would.
Speaker 2: Be shined, and they'd have a hanky in their pocket. Pitch a pea paw.
Speaker 3: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need to do that.
Speaker 3: We should we do that after we write our children's book.
Speaker 2: Did the children's book first?
Speaker 3: Yeah, missus Runkle took a poo and then we'll.
Speaker 2: Help the pe paws after that.
Speaker 3: Pitch your papa, pit your bema too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be the next logical thing to follow. We get it. The p pas would be our experiment to see how it goes.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not happening yet, but Pitch your friend is and it's tonight.
Speaker 2: When and where it's at Central Machine Works forty eight twenty four East Caesar Chavez, seven thirty to nine thirty. They do recommend you get there about a half hour early.
Speaker 1: Find us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official and do us a solid download the Sandy Show podcast wherever it is that you get podcasts, you can text us as well the number seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. I'm stalling because somebody moved my button on my song.
Speaker 3: Here is I found it here?
Speaker 4: Not car.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm taking it old school.
Speaker 1: The original thought on Care don't Care was to just open up your news speed read headlines.
Speaker 3: If Tricia Carrot, I'd say more. If she didn't, I would just move on.
Speaker 2: You're ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: The View returns with glowing endorsement of Kamala harris flawless campaign Care, I don't Care.
Speaker 2: Don't Care?
Speaker 3: Are you a true TV both?
Speaker 1: See if you can name these twenty five iconic shows from just one image.
Speaker 3: That won't work.
Speaker 2: That's not going to work on the radio. Here's the flaw in the old.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is, but it's very organic. Yeah, yeah, very the twenty best horror movies on Netflix right now.
Speaker 2: Nope, don't care. They scare me too much. Really yeah, I don't like the Lively.
Speaker 1: Has spoken out amid it, admitted that it ends with.
Speaker 3: Us back class. I can you care? Click click all right, let's see what she says. Let's see what these are.
Speaker 1: They always make you read a whole bunch before you actually get to the beat of it, It says why Lively has remained silent amidst the past few weeks of controversy. The thirty seven year old spoke out this weekend for the first time since back last sharing a message to her Instagram stories. The messaging question was a review from College stating Blake Lively excels and portraying Lily's transformation. Her her thing is really long.
Speaker 2: She sounds like she's ignoring it. Sounds like she's not addressing it at all. She's just talking about the movie and ignoring the controversy.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. Yep, Tricia Carrey, don't care. The greatest Star Trek episode ever according to fans.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't care. Don't care about that? Wait, old school start.
Speaker 3: Like j Kirk.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, no, no, I care because he used to watch it back then.
Speaker 3: All right, then I got to click all the way to number one again.
Speaker 1: Another flaw, another flaw and not getting it ready ahead of time.
Speaker 3: But that's just not my style. I'll tell you one thing about James T. Kirk. He'd make out with anybody.
Speaker 2: He didn't care body, he didn't.
Speaker 1: Matter what planet you were from. How many ears you had it didn't it didn't matter, all right. It is the City on the Edge of Forever.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Number one. It's old school, like very very very early in the series' that's it. So if you want to catch up on that, all right, maybe I'll scratch the organic way of doing care. Don't care, but I'm gonna try one more time.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's stressing you out a little bit.
Speaker 1: A little bit, yeah, a little bit, but I like it. I don't like it fourteen TV. I don't like these ones that are like fourteen of these. You know you have time for that. Five new Netflix TV shows arriving in September.
Speaker 2: I'm heck ya, definitely.
Speaker 3: We're all about the TV, aren't you. All right, let's click through the slide show. See what they.
Speaker 1: Say, Call the Midwife.
Speaker 3: You ever heard of that?
Speaker 2: We never heard of it.
Speaker 1: This is the official trailer of everything. Calls for Salvation?
Speaker 2: Never heard of it.
Speaker 3: How about Selling Sunset season five?
Speaker 1: That's the real estate Agent's right, Yeah, Midnight at the parap.
Speaker 2: Palace, Nope, never heard of it.
Speaker 1: And finally Heels season one trailer. I think that's a wrassling one.
Speaker 2: I know I'm out on that one. To you never heard of it?
Speaker 3: All right, Well, not a very I'll change.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to try it. You never know till you try it. Now is a particularly stressful one for you, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was. That's kared O Keros's Tricia. I'm Sandy Moore coming up. Good morning. It's the Sandy Show, being brought to you by our bank, your comprehensive solution for business or personal financial needs. Explore more at www dot r dot bang member fdi c our daily audio file. In just a second, Selena Gomes did something really, really cool. We'll share it with you if you're just joining us. Here is some of the stuff that happened earlier. We got beat in song quiz not happy about that.
Speaker 2: Embarrassing is the word.
Speaker 1: In the eighties, eighties music was our wheelhouse. Right up bar Alley right we lost that. We talked about site, We talked about group chats and how they can be kind of annoying and how many of them you have?
Speaker 3: Silent on silence right now? And also in rapid fire Q and A.
Speaker 1: Tricia asked me what hobby or passion or project or whatever could I be the best in the world, And of course I said, I would want to be the best golfer in the.
Speaker 2: World, the next Tiger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I would want to be. And you would reap the benefits.
Speaker 2: I would reap and reap and reap.
Speaker 1: He's your day audio file. All right, this is kind of funny. A three year old that's funny. Scary, kind of but funny too. A three year old in Wisconsin got lost in a cornfield. Wh's gonna happen really easily, by the way, I've been lost in a cornfield when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: That's terrifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in Nebraska, we just run around the cornfields and you just kind of get lost.
Speaker 3: You don't know which way is, what is.
Speaker 2: Everything's ready to find your way out. Each time, just.
Speaker 1: Screamed and yelled. My cousin Jim came and got me. Okay, that's same cornfield that he burned down, and.
Speaker 2: He later burned down so you didn't get lost anymore.
Speaker 3: No, he burned it down with it.
Speaker 1: He thought, my cousin Jim is a pyro, and he took a tennis ball and doused it in gasoline, lit it on fire, and started kicking in the cornfield. Next thing you know, we have three alarm fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and y'all ran at the house and acted like he had no idea?
Speaker 3: What was no idea?
Speaker 1: He was found an hour later, thanks to help from law enforcement and their drone technology. Jay. Here's an officer talking about the search, along with the actual moment that the kid was found.
Speaker 6: What we usually tell the deputies is, hey, the drone is right above where you need to walk, So look up at it. It's got lights on it.
Speaker 3: Walk towards it.
Speaker 6: Once you're immediately you know underneath it, you'll you'll find the tit or find what you're looking for. All Right, Hey, we're gonna go back and we're okay.
Speaker 2: Fortunately, with a three year old being involved, it's good to be lucky.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 6: He had been chasing a cat into the cornfield, So a harmless thing, you know, but it could have turned out really bad had we not had the opportunity to use our tools and collaborate with our law enforcement. Market.
Speaker 3: Those guys were fired up to use their drone.
Speaker 2: They were, and they found a little boy.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: Selena Gumez was in Colorado over the weekend for the Tell You Write Film Festival, and knowing that she was going to be there, tell you right. High school girls volleyball team posted a sign on Main Street inviting her to one of their games, and here's the reaction when she actually showed up for the game. She was like, I saw the sign and I had to come.
Speaker 2: That's cool. I love it when celebrities do stuff like that for kids.
Speaker 3: That's really cool.
Speaker 1: And finally, in our audio file, a kindergarten teacher is going viral after kindly asking parents to stop bringing cupcakes in for their kids' birthday. Here's her reason why, along with a few alternatives.
Speaker 7: Sparence, I love to celebreat birthdays in my classroom.
Speaker 2: I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but please don't bring cupcakes.
Speaker 7: If these make a ginormous mess and the kids honestly don't eat them, Frost and gets all over ring cookies, the kids leve them mass sprinkles and they eat them.
Speaker 2: Domus is also great. One another idea.
Speaker 7: Is I have seen bringing these ice tream cups and we put all sprinkles on there.
Speaker 2: It was so fun for them and it wasn't messy. Another goat in the Little Debbie. I'll get any one of these little Debbie stick. Yeah, Barnies are also always a favorite in my room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Little Debbie's always home run.
Speaker 2: At first I was suspicious of her because she said no cupcakes, but then she replaced it with little Debbies. She's fine.
Speaker 1: I thought she was gonna say, bring carrots or cucumbers or little tomatoes or cauliflower.
Speaker 2: Stop. A lot of the kids have some fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is their birthday.
Speaker 1: Something that I think, I think, I'm not certain that I invented back in about two thousand and one has been officially given a name by the people of Finland.
Speaker 3: Yep, and that is the one man party.
Speaker 2: They take it one step farther.
Speaker 3: This is the one man party in your underpants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get drunk at home alone in your underwear. Sandy was just one man party, get drunk at home alone.
Speaker 1: Depending on how drunk I got, it might be in my underpants, it'd be.
Speaker 2: In your underwear. The Fins have taken it, and they have given it a name, and that you pronounce it like this, Call saw I'll recon eat, call saw recone.
Speaker 3: It was like a lawyer, you call for personal.
Speaker 2: Se Yeah, yeah, that's what it sounds like. That's the finished word for getting drunk at home alone in your underwear.
Speaker 3: I love it that they gave it a word. I wonder if it's that's like a thing in Finland.
Speaker 2: I mean, apparently it happens enough that they've named it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just stay home, take off your clothes, get drunk in your underwear. That's pretty funny, now, if that would it's because that happened like in two thousand and one, and my buddy Marlin lived right next door. It did not take much for the one man party to turn into.
Speaker 2: The the two man party.
Speaker 1: That would have been weird if the two man party were both in your underpants, though.
Speaker 2: Right, I feel like you'll probably stay dressed. Yeah, you stay dressed for the two men with the two man party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Always great two man party on a Sunday afternoon during college during our NFL football.
Speaker 2: Oh and then have to get up the next morning and go to work at the crack.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, geez, it would be an athlete to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I mean, it's true, the more you drink, the less hangover she have. I mean, I'm not promoting it. I'm just saying that's not works when your body is.
Speaker 3: Call cinder fluken, what's it called.
Speaker 2: The word flucan not in it, call saw recon.
Speaker 1: Eats, callsall raconniet.
Speaker 3: I got to dig into this. I may have to go to Finland. Just do it.
Speaker 2: No, you can't do it. You can't do it. Oh my gosh, I just I mean, it makes me think that it's something. It's a problem for him over there, if they.
Speaker 3: Need it it is.
Speaker 1: Make sure you download the Sandy Show podcast wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us today. Don't go anywhere though.
Speaker 1: We got more funny coming out on one O three point one Austin's eighties station and on your smart device. Just say play one O three point one Austin's eighties station on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Time for us to say goodbye to friends and family. Your turn, my turn.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 3: Not really the sharpest today.
Speaker 2: No, That's why I'm not great at song quiz, because I have to sing the song out before I realize what the next line is. They don't have enough time.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I normally don't add to Trisa's things we learned today, but I am going to add this.
Speaker 3: Tricia thought today was made the fourth.
Speaker 2: It's because it was the fourth that screwed me.
Speaker 3: Up.
Speaker 2: You were saying May the fourth. It's September the fourth. You can see how I would get confused. I don't know what you I can. I don't know that I can can a little bit. I mean I think you can four months ago. Think it's fine. It's fine. I'm fine.
Speaker 1: It's September. Timber football tomorrow. Yeah, the NFL, the Big Boys.
Speaker 2: Ravens and Cheeves.
Speaker 3: Good game.
Speaker 2: Let's get ready for everybody to get mad about Taylor Swift being featured in the NFL opener.
Speaker 3: It's so stupid.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get mad for six months because that's how long it's gonna run.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous. I know they didn't have any problem with Carrie Underwood.
Speaker 2: I know because did you see your legs? My god, that woman's legs.
Speaker 3: I've seen Taylor's too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Taylor's legs great, They're not Carrie Underwood legs.
Speaker 3: Many people have those, Tina Turner or Carrie Underwood.
Speaker 2: I mean, no Distantina Turner, but I think Carrie Underwood.
Speaker 3: Old school Angie Dickinson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't remember her like Policewoman. I mean I literally looked up Carrie Underwood leg workout. I'm not lying. It's on there, it's a thing.
Speaker 3: Go go for it. I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: Freak out of my legs, like post. What we learned, Well, we learned that you were, for some reason going back in on a wireless keyboard. Give us an update on where it is now, what's how many stops away?
Speaker 3: Six stops away? Wait outside, I'm gonna try to get I'm gonna try to get home before it gets there so I can greet the driver.
Speaker 1: Go thank you. It'd be disappointed if it does. I've had the worst luck with those things.
Speaker 2: And you're only doing it again because what's going to happen is it's going to go out like during the show, and then I'm gonna have to listen to you freak out about it or when you're trying to edit something. It's just keep it all reliable, keep an it.
Speaker 3: Let's plug her back.
Speaker 2: But he's never done you wrong, right, got a cable except she's Scott Cave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's got a problem, she's.
Speaker 2: Got a problem. Shut up. Another thing we learned was whoo song quiz Today Chuck kicked our butt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did not wrap ourselves very well.
Speaker 2: We lost ninety to one twenty and it was the eighties. Yeah, we couldn't identify Elton John.
Speaker 3: That's embarrassed. That was bad. I am embarrassed by that. We'll have to make it up tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're in. We're in song Quist time out for the eighties until we pass it. And I mean a clear win.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And finally, last thing, I asked Sandy daring rapid fire Q and A if he could be given a life time supply of something that he hates to buy, what it would be? And you said razors.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When everybody say that, I mean, I guess I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't really matter golf balls.
Speaker 2: I don't hear people complain about razors more than you do.
Speaker 1: Golf Balls are frustrating too, because they're like three bucks a ball, and sometimes you hit them in the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're just gone, Yeah gone. Should have spend three dollars in the water, I said, putting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, real sharp today.
Speaker 2: What's going on with me? I need some I think you.
Speaker 3: Need a nap.
Speaker 1: I'm a little slow. Have a great day everyone, Thanks for being with us. You'd make us both very happy if you would download the Sandy Show podcast. Just search the Sandy Show. Find us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official We'll do it again tomorrow, but until then, don't take any crap from anybody.