Speaker 1: Sports Page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog Beyond you on jr R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Orlando Harley Davidson. This morning, Taco Bob, you're out there tomorrow afternoon what one to three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chrome coming twenty twenty five. All the brand new twenty twenty five models will be out there. I'm talking about the Harleys, but there'll also be models doing a bikini contest. We have live music. It's gonna be a great time and we'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bulldog. Do you want to start with the non Super Bowl soace football related news and then then we'll, you know, go out with the big ramp up to Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we need to start with another magic Taco Bobby Yards sign watch for the Magic, because yeah, they got clobbered last night one twelve to ninety by the Denver Nuggets. Once again they turned into the gang. They couldn't shoot straight teen point one percent from three point range last night for the Magic, So yeah, not good for the magic.
Speaker 1: So uh, Taco, how many? What's the if we have two more losses in a row? The signs are gone. But guys, it was back to back games and they would just start.
Speaker 3: Denver head back to back games too. By the way, well let's.
Speaker 2: See what happens tomorrow night they get San Antonio.
Speaker 3: Here's the good news. Here is the good news. Now, the All Star Break is next week, so that's coming up. The Magic have ten of their next eleven games at Kia Center, so we'll know more about the Magic at this time next month because that's when the ten of eleven streak at the Kia Center comes to an end, so we'll know more about the Magic. The Magic, by the way, made no moves yesterday at the trade deadline, which wasn't unexpected. I don't think they should have made moves, but they did not make any moves, so they are they're standing pat hope. They're hoping that obviously when Jalen Suggs get gets back and all of that, that they'll become a better team and they do have an easier schedule for the last thirty games of the season.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering if my neighbors actually want those signs out of my yard because they stick out like one of those houses.
Speaker 2: If you're wondering, you probably know the answer. Yeah, Lightning get a second win in a row against Ottawa, dominating five to one last night the final, Bulldog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good for the Lightning. Yeah awesome. What else we have? Ryan Day? Remember after he lost to Michigan, all the all the Ohio State fans were just upset and one of them fired, Well, guess what, he wins the national title. They just gave him a new contract now, seven year contract, twelve point three million a year. That makes him the second highest pay coach in college football behind Kirby Smart.
Speaker 2: Mile lie what a nation? What a difference in national championship will make? Huh yeah?
Speaker 3: And what a what a difference a presidential executive order will make too, Because the nc double the double A didn't take them long to change their participation policy for transgender athletes. They said yesterday, from now on, the you know, whatever it says on your birth certificate, that's what you have to compete as as an NCAA athlete.
Speaker 1: And I want to point out for anybody who's transgender, that's totally fine in your choice. My uncle, well it's my wife's uncle is transgender from way back in the day.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 1: But reality, as he now, he does not compete in in competitive sports, so that I think that's where that's what it.
Speaker 3: Is, probably like seventy years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, But I'm saying anybody that no point is anybody that's bitching. It's like, hey, if you want to be trans totally up to you, but just don't bring.
Speaker 2: It in this sports. The amount of time that's been spent on this is insane.
Speaker 3: It's a joke.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's it's you can keep hearing the words. It is really common sense on this, and it's just it's unreal where this.
Speaker 3: Got to that it had to come to this.
Speaker 1: You watch a boxer get the X kicked out of her by a dude.
Speaker 3: Exactly, sorry, exactly exactly. There you have it.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl, Well, how about the MVP though award first? You want to hit that?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, oh yeah, I forgot about that. Josh Allen beats out he beats out Lamar Jackson for MVP. That was somewhat of a surprise. Yeah yeah, because Lamar Jackson was the first team All Pro quarterback. And it's the same people who vote that vote for the first Team All Pro they also vote for MVP, but they sort of flipped their votes for MVP and gave Josh Shallon the MVP. He's the first player in twenty one seasons by a way to win MVP without being selected First Team All Pro. I don't really have a problem with it because All Pro is Hey, you had a great, great season, and Lamar Jackson did have a great statistical season statistically he was the first team All Pro quarterback. But MVP Most Valuable Player Josh Allen was more valuable to his team than Lamar Jackson because he had less talent to work with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's it's you got to go beyond the statistics for that award.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, So I have no problem with Josh Allen winning the MVP. You know, his team won thirteen games. That was more than the Ravens won despite having less offensive talent. So congratulations to Josh Allen. Too bad he's not in the super Bowl. So you want to make our super Bowl picks? Now?
Speaker 1: I think he thinks the same thing.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he would trade that MVP for a Super Bowl chance and a heartbeat? Yeah, you want us to do in show predictions here, it's a bulldog is proposing talking.
Speaker 3: All right, we need to make our Super Bowl prediction.
Speaker 1: I wrote, hold on, I messed that one up, pat Dog.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you want to go first?
Speaker 2: Thirty five twenty eight Eagles.
Speaker 1: Thirty five twenty eight Eagles. All right, dog, dog, I always just go by. If I were this is gonna sound morbid. But if I had to bet my life on it, and if I if I lost, I died, if I were betting my life on it, dog, yeah I could.
Speaker 3: I could not. I would want Patrick. I would want my life in Patrick Mahomes hands. I'm sorry. Even though I think the Eagles are better on paper, if I'm betting my life on it, I'm betting on the Chiefs. So give me the Chiefs. I'll take the Chiefs. Both have good defenses. I'm gonna go twenty four to twenty one.
Speaker 1: Chiefs twenty four twenty one Chiefs. I changed my, uh, my prediction as you were talking. Dog, It's gonna be a tight game. If the Chiefs get down early, they're done. Do you know there are always every Super Bowl they're done.
Speaker 3: You mean Patrick Mahomes. You think he's done. He's not gonna be able to pull a comeback. He never does that.
Speaker 1: No, No, I know that they always do that. But against when you're going against the Eagles defense, it's do you're not. I don't know if I heard somebody talking about yeah, I don't know if you're coming back from that, I'm okay.
Speaker 3: Pretty good comeback against the Eagles two years ago when they.
Speaker 1: Played for different situations take one, take one, and defense thirty one twenty eight. I'm sticking with it. Thirty one twenty eight Eagles.
Speaker 2: He's taking as he's taking the Madden Simulation score.
Speaker 3: Piggy, Is that what that was? Yeah, you're going again. You're going to gainst my homie.
Speaker 1: I'm going against my own team just because Hey, it's just like Josh Allen get MVP. It's it's a it's about the stats boys. The guy who never cared about football all of a sudden cares And by the way I told Pat earlier, next year US three needs to broadcast from a radio row at the Super Bowl wherever the hell it is.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, all right, Mike the Bulldog Beyonchi obviously plenty to talk about over on his show.
Speaker 3: Okay Mildweiser to sponsor it.
Speaker 2: Come on Guys Open Mic on AM seven ninety six nine to the game and he takes time out of his show to do the sports page each morning. Here on JR R, intreat all of us to the sounds of the grown man barking with the bulldog. Bar O
Speaker 3: WJR R Orlandos joff Season