Speaker 1: Kill that.
Speaker 2: Shot. The thing's big, big, So after the show, if you are a MAVs fan in you care. The NBA Draft lottery is tonight in Chicago, and the Mavericks have a one point eight percent chance of getting the number one pick. I like it saying there's a chance they have which, by the way, nineteen ninety three the Magic got the number one pick with a one point five percent chance. So if you got lucky like the nineteen ninety three Orlando Magic, did you.
Speaker 1: Know who was supposed to have the number one pick?
Speaker 2: Right? Uh?
Speaker 1: The Dallas map.
Speaker 3: You gotta be kiss shock too, right, they left frog dust and we won like a last game. I guess it wouldn't mattered in that case, but man already had the worst.
Speaker 2: So bad back then, eight point five percent chance at a top four pick.
Speaker 3: All right, dude, I I think we got a shot here. But we do, and I'm gonna tell you why because I'm so desensitized to it that I don't even care anymore.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: In other words, I have to right, when you give up is when you get it, yes, right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So the stars are.
Speaker 3: Doing somebody giving up on that give up the stars? Now there they go.
Speaker 2: You know, you get up on the WNBA, now you get paid, right, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So did you see her numbers the other night in that preseason game? What you do? It's like a forty triple double?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Anyways, I don't know that they're gonna get the number one pick, but I could see us lucking out and using that eight percent shot and getting a top four pick. And that would be huge for the Mavericks, who just decimated their own roster. So this would be a huge boost to just have some luck fall in their lap because all these wounds are self inflicted.
Speaker 1: Here's a funny tweet response I got, like about a week or two ago. I tweeted, Hey, is anybody thinking about the lottery at all? Some guy goes, yeah, but if we got the number one pick, we would just trade it for Paul George.
Speaker 3: I mean that butthole that's going around a lot Every every couple of days, one of my sons brings me, Dad, did you see what?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So you got for Paul George? And now Jannis is saying, yeah, I'd be willing to look around. And of course it sounds like it's gonna be San Antonio or Houston.
Speaker 1: Something in the Mavericks have to play all the time.
Speaker 3: But if you look at what Milwaukee's about to get for Giannis, I'm like, wait, hold on, it's already out there that you're shopping him.
Speaker 1: Isn't the agent gonna get involved and ruin the return? What like, how's that gonna work? What if?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, so if it's a little bit different, if the guy wants to go somewhere, he's in control, right then the agent worked.
Speaker 3: Where they're gonna get a nice old dude. Yeah, it's gonna humiliate the Mavericks once. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I mean Rudy Gobert, Like people bring up ru Rudy. They give up four first round picks for Rudy Gobert. What if san Antonio gets the number one pick, you realize they have their pick, and I think they have Atlanta's really yes, dude, what you know, there's been so much focus on all the picks that Oklahoma City has, which, by the way, if Philadelphia does not get a top six pick, it goes to Oklahoma City. Oh my god, they're so rich. They're so rich. But if you just go and look at the draft, tall san Antonio has, now it pretty much rivals Oklahoma cities. They got a ton of picks, dude.
Speaker 2: So no tube with the worst record has won the lottery since twenty nineteen, is that right? So Utah Jazz do not have that in their favor. The Jazz, the Wizards, and the Hornets all have a fourteen percent chance to get Cooper Flag tonight.
Speaker 1: I think the Wizards have the worst record the last two years. They're really doing their damnedest.
Speaker 2: I think the Jazz had it this year the worst show, I mean combined, I give you a look over a two year period.
Speaker 1: So the Wizards have been really really and apparently I've seen that Cooper Flag would love to go to Washington because it's close to where he grew.
Speaker 2: Up Washington, and the Hornets teams who I would not have been as mad about if they traded Luca to them. I mean, it still hurts and all that stuff, right, but it's like, you know, goes there where it's not in our face so much.
Speaker 1: We didn't talk about it, but Stein had an article last week kind of indicating that he thinks Luca's going to sign here pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: It is what it is. That's okay, that's okay. Hey, Jalen Smith's signed with the Raiders. So there's your sports news. Okay, dude, I love it and we should say that maybe you said it earlier. The Mavericks have never once moved up in the lottery in their entire existence, have.
Speaker 2: Going?
Speaker 1: Have they ever sent Roey? Usually Michael Finlay, I think usually Road just hangs out around the lottery, but I don't know that they've ever sent him to represent I gotta he's the guy. God. I want it bad. I want it bad, But I just would love Cooper Flagg being a Mavericks. He is so talented.
Speaker 3: Anything, just any tough, just some good fortune coming on the way.
Speaker 2: Like this is the.
Speaker 3: Biggest free fall I can I can remember in my lifetime. It's like, you're in the finals, then you shoot both your coconuts off yourself self inflicted?
Speaker 1: Are you have you guys could have done it? Have you guys thought about what's happening to these teams? I have? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think about it every day and I try not to and I don't talk about it with anyone, and I don't want to.
Speaker 1: The field. Even if Boston digs their way out of this New York series, which I think is possible. They look tired. They look like a team that went to the finals last year and is worn out. And poor Zingis' is in and out, you know he's I mean, dude, they look like a totally different team.
Speaker 3: I watched the Celtics and I'm like, they can't score down the stretch of a game. I'm like, where was this against us?
Speaker 1: They were? I mean again, they're tired. They were peaking last year. That was the culmination of four years of it not working out, and they got it all cranked, everything hitting on all cylinders. And it is important this worked out for the Mavericks in twenty eleven. It is important to have at least one or two guys that's at the end of his career that's always been denied. And they had Horford last year who had always been on the doorstets. So it's like everything worked out for the Celtics last year and now, which I think this is fair. I mean, I think Oklahoma City is amazing. But we did talk about this. There are times where if Shay ain't going, they look around for offense man Holmegrin ain't there yet, he will be. Williams is up and down, but you know they I mean, dude, the Nuggets won a game in which Jokic was horrible because everybody else stepped up, and those guys that stepped up they had championship rings. Yeah, it is hard.
Speaker 3: Somebody else talking to somebody about the Rangers winning it all, and then they were like, what happened the next year. It's just hard to go back to back in sports when your season goes so long, you got that championship meet in your belly, you've gone on a parade. Yeah, it is hard to get that same edge.
Speaker 1: It is, which is why you know my son wants to yell at me. This is why Michael Jordan's the greatest ever. He won six titles and essentially seven years. I know there was a two, but remember one year he just went off and gambled, and then he had to get his mojo back in his prime. He just marched his team to back to back three peats. Because he will chew your head off and spit it at your lifeless body. Right, He's just he just different man.
Speaker 2: A little bummer. Well, hopefully tonight we get the pick and they'll change the thing, will change the city. The city is in a good but the stars are doing well, like I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know that it would honestly, if the Mavericks got the number one pick, I think ultimately, obviously that would be a great thing. I think most Maverick fans would just rather have Luca back than get the number one They would absolutely would.
Speaker 1: But I also think that if you get the number one pick and you have an off season, and you know you brought this up last week, then the fact that Luca's not dancing on your television every night, it helps, it helps, it helps get a chance. So if you go, if you if you do get the number one pick, which we're talking about, it's less than a two percent chance. But if you do get it, and then you have a whole off season and you come back at the beginning of next year. Because the other thing, if they get the number one pick, they will probably put together a nice trade deal involving one PJ. Washington. I would go get Giannis. No, I don't think they can do that. I think I think whatever San Antonio and Oklahoma City put together will just destroy whatever they could come up with because of your haul for Lucas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and they Also, the Mavericks don't have any of their picks when they're gonna be horrible. They they'll do those swaps, right. They got a lot of pick swaps with OKAC and San Antonio, Houstonia or something like that. It's like all their biggest rivals have their picks when they're going to be a bottom three team in the league.
Speaker 1: But they got that twenty twenty nine Lakers pick unprotected. Yeah, when Lebron's gone and quickly.
Speaker 2: Cowboys schedule comes out Wednesday, but it has been announced they will play the opening night game against the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 1: I I think Philadelphia is exhausted. I don't think they'll win a game this year. They should meet and their belly braid.
Speaker 2: The theories that the NFL is like, well, we never got to see dak verus Jalen hurts last year, so let's make sure we get it one time, because that got.
Speaker 1: Hurt over under right now. One hundred and five yard one hundred and five point five five yards for pickings in game one under Man, What a jerk. I'll never forget the time KT ruined everybody's pickings dream on the day of the draft. Lottery. He looked Cooper Flagg dead in his eye, and he said.
Speaker 2: Do your job, go home, enjoy your night, turn around, do it again.
Speaker 1: Die. That's life. And then Cooper Flagg took his name out of the draft and re enrolled in college. All right, Christina, stick around and play some music right here on the eagle. Here you going. Well, I'm gonna get my sock back, dude. Alright,