Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it started. The five o'clock hour here on a Wednesday afternoon, a warm It was warm at least when I got here. In fact, I think it's almost up to eighty degrees today, which is not a bad thing. But I started to get a little worried that the you know, the warm weather when it's been a little chilly and we are getting, you know, close to November, that like that just means the rain's on the way. And I really hope that it doesn't rain all evening tomorrow, but just our luck, it probably will. But let's believe in the power of positivity because I again I don't know what it is, probably just me being a dad where my kids are getting older and they really enjoy Halloween more because you know, they're older, they understand it more. But I mean, I've got the Halloween vibes like like I never had before. Like I'm sad tomorrow it's all over, although it's gonna be great because that I get to put the Christmas tree up.
Speaker 3: What's the earliest do you always put it up on November first.
Speaker 2: I don't think we've ever done it on the day after the day after Halloween until last year, but usually it's pretty early. But we did it last year. I don't really know how it played out, but like I remember, my wife was like, do you want to go ahead and put them? I'm like, yes, ran downstairs, carried that tree. I mean, I'm yeah, let's do it. Let's let's I mean love Christmas time. So we went. You know, we did a lot this Halloween season. But tomorrow it all ends, and fingers crossed that the rain holds off, especially considering where hosts, you know, big group of people I mean mostly my friends and that are bringing their kids. But yeah, it's become like a thing I look forward to every year, trick or treating. But this year it's just been it's been. It's been fun, but we haven't had rain. And how long it's been two or three weeks. Yeah, And for it to reappear the rain right as soon as the kids are going to trick or treat, that'd be a real bummer. And I do think it, you know, it's it makes sense for certain communities, certain areas to say, hey, we're going to do. We're going to do trigger treating the next day or the day before because of weather. But you know, you're not gonna it's not the same. Like, you know, if enough people in the neighborhood say, okay, we'll follow, we'll follow what the mayor of this area said. And there was some area in southern Indian I don't know which one it is that said that they were gonna they were gonna mix it, mix it up. And actually I think do Friday, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of people that do follow with that and kids will still have a good time. But look, you know it needs to be on Halloween, which hopefully rain doesn't get in the way there. I don't forget. We've got you covered. On Saturday game Day Louisville and Clemson, we'll get the pregame show started at six point thirty, presented by Pellow Windows and Doors of Central Kentucky and Jefferson Animal Hospital. And then after the game, it'll be a late night, but we'll be reacting to whatever it is that happens there in Death Valley as the Cards hopefully can pick up a big victory. But it's the postgame show, The Louisville Football Postgame Show presented by Alex rwy Lawyer's suit Distracted Driver dot Com. We had a texture in the four o'clock hour that said they're making the trip to Clemson and asking if I had any suggestions recommendations. I've never been to Clemson and I really don't have any interest in going. I'm not somebody that's real big in like, I'm sure the atmosphere would be great, and I'm sure people have gone. And clearly, if you're a Louisville fan and you've gone, you've never experienced to win. So if you're going back, then you must have had a good time despite the loss. So I'm sure the atmosphere is everything people say that it is. I remember Louisville being relatively new to the ACC and this is when Kupp was working with Paul as the color analyst on the radio broadcast. And you know, this guy played college football for many years and played at a lot of different places. But you know, I remember him telling me just how like you wouldn't believe how insanely awesome the tailgating is the atmosphere. So I'm sure it's a lot of fun. But like if I ever went to Clemson, I would go and then not go to the game, which a lot of people would say, well, well that defeats the purpose of the trip fair enough, But I would find a way to, you know, make some content out of it, clearly, have some fun with the vibe check stuff, because man, as far as material, I got endless things I could throw at Clemson fans because they're easy targets. But you know, you can still enjoy the atmosphere, taking the vibes and then you know, watch the game at a tailgate or you know, do what I do at times, go back to my hotel room, or maybe just watch it at home. And I used the postgame show as an excuse because it is a legitimate excuse, Like I cannot stay at a game at a certain time because I've got to be situated either here in studio or I have to be set up somewhere to do the postgame show, and you know, it's not really easy to do. And if I was scrambling to find a spot while the game is finishing and it's a tight game like that, would that would be the worst case scenario because then I wouldn't really be able to see how it ended. I could see a score and maybe see a play here and there, but like you know, it's kind of important when you do a postgame show to see exactly what happens in the game you're supposed to react to. So again, it is a legitimate reason why I don't go to as many games as I used to and why I don't stay long. But also, like if I like when I used to sit it at press row, is that I feel like that's not what they call it anymore. I don't know when I used to sit at my seat that was, you know, an assigned seat for media when it was basketball, or the press box for football when it got close in like a big game in both basketball and football. I'm not sure i'd rather be let me afraid, let me rephrase that. I'm not sure there's anywhere i'd less like to be than in the press box or at my seat at the media spot in basketball, because like, I'm a fan, like you know, and I'm over the point where I worry about like and I used to do this, and I kind of feel like a d bag because like I I've always been a Louisville fan. I've never once shot away from that. But like I used to feel like, well, you got to wear neutral colors if you're pressed, because you know, like you're supposed to act like you're I'm not object I mean I am objective, but like there's no reason for me to show up to a game in disguise. That's if I'm not a Louisville fan, right, But in games where I really want to, like, you know, it's you know, I'm on the edge of my seat, like if I'm sitting at you know, I can't jump up and scream whenever I'm sitting you know, court side in my seat. I mean, that would be unprofessional of me. And you know, Tim Sillan doesn't want to hear me hollering and yelling because you know, Sully's a capital Jay, He's got the sharp pencil. He's there not as a fan I am. And in the press box like it's silent, like it's completely quiet, and they take good care of you. Up there. You got a good I mean, they've got a bunch of seats, they've got an area for you to set up, they've got a great spread for the for the food. You get your halftime popcorn or your halftime cookie that you got, you know, unlimited soft drinks, like they take great care of you and it's awesome. But like in a big game, I'm to the point now where like I want to, I want to I want to be among fans or be by myself because I don't want anybody to see how I behave and act when there's really close games that are getting down to the wire. And if you know me, and I mean like you actually know me, like personally, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. Like I bet my mom's listening and she's thinking, like of all the times that I behaved like a lunatic and she worried what went wrong with her son because he's a madman when it's a close game in Louisville basketball or football's playing and it's you know, it's crunch time. I've gotten better, Like I refrain from cursing now if my kids are with me, because you know that that could be bad. Like my son's at a very impressionable age to where he would absolutely like that's Pete what you say. Yeah, I don't know what that means, but that's what Dad said during the game. I'm gonna yeah, you h an effort, like you know, talking about he might just do that not knowing that it's wrong. So I gotta be I gotta be mindful of that. That's what Twitter's for though, right yeah, oh yeah, scream into the look. I mean, we've all gotten loose on Twitter in the heat of the moment, and I kind of lean into it now, like I have a pretty good balance to where like all rage tweet, but like I now know not to not to you know, drop a bunch of curse words or you know, say something that is really just I mean Twitter in a game is there's a much better chance of it making you look like a lunatic or hurting you, especially someone in you know, a position like this. And what I mean by that is where you know, like you know, these jobs are somewhat public, right, like you don't want to. You don't want to, you know, nobody wants to look like a lunatic. But anyways, I won't be a Clemson, And I have no advice for you as far as what to do, because I've never been, but I would imagine you'll find, uh, you'll find you'll find the vibes.
Speaker 3: I have one more common for you. I love that you have a specific gift designated for certain moments during game.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, one is one is a gift, One is a VID. The gift for when things go bad is that guy who head and and you know what, Like, I'm sure this isn't like a super secret kind of thing, but I've had people ask me, and I've never told them, what do you search on Twitter to get that? And the keyword that brings that up You'd never guess, because I've had people ask me like where do you like, where do you find that? Like? How do you get that? And I'll you know, I'm going to keep it and keep it close to the best cause am I wrong? You've not seen many people use that other than me.
Speaker 3: No clue who it is, if it's a real person, if it's a movie character, whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: I don't know where it came from, and I don't even know how I found it, but I remember what got me there, and it's it's consistent. But the let's play some ball. You know that that doesn't even really make a lot of sense because I don't. I mean, I've I've never live tweeted baseball in my life. That's from but like I think it's the timing of that one. It's it's Niel Stern, who plays Phil Brickma in Rookie of the Year. One of the best characters ever in a movie. He's great, by the way, too, he was the voice in The Wonder Years. Obviously he was Marvin home alone like he's great, and you know, he gets himself locked into uh, locked into the you know, one of the cages in the locker room where I guess they like, you know, keep stuff like bats and whatnot. And he's locked in there. They're out there playing in a big game, and you know, he can hear what's going on. Maybe there's a TV in there, and he's let's play some ball, Let's play some ball like that. When I send that, that's like here we go, like, uh oh, this we got some momentum now. And then there's the one that I'm probably gonna retire. That's me banging the drum at the at the at the Louisville basketball game.
Speaker 3: Because it's a Kenny Pain era thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people don't really associate it with KP but I do, and believe it or not, I've actually lost a lot of weight since then, so I don't really like how I look in that, but yeah, like it's better off to just you know, not take not get too crazy and just send out gifts or little clips rather than typing out something. And you know, because I've had many, I mean, not as much in recent years, but like, you know, Twitter really is I think probably of all the things that if at times kind of stopped me in my tracks and made me reevaluate how much I care about, like Louisville winning and losing games, the rapid you know, the rapid fire tweets in the heat of the moment like that. That's one of the one of the three things that I would say, is like a real reminder like wait a second, do you need you need to reevaluate some things?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: People think I'm joking when I say it, and I'm not, because it's really It wouldn't be a funny joke. It's just the truth. Like if I get really really sad about Louisville sports, I just go play with my kids because then it's like a reminder of like what really matters. And they're so sweet and if they're nice, you know, and they're at the age now where they still love playing with me and like it just it makes me at least forget about the fact that Louisville football or basketball broke my heart and then I get to come to work and talk about it, and you know, used to be therapeutic. Now it just makes me sad at times. I've had a really I mean, it could be worse, but like this year's football season has been weird because they're not in a position to where we can say the season has been a disaster. They really don't have a result as far as a loss that you're thinking, Man, how the hell bad happen? But you know that they could have cleaned some things up and the results will be different, and you might be talking about finding yourself in Charlotte for the second straight year. So it's just been in you know, the results overall. I mean, having three losses at this point is not what anybody would have wanted, but they're also not bad losses, and you realize that moving forward, if you do clean some things up, you probably can finish with still having a really good record and a good season. But Louisville finding a way to win against Boston College in that like giving me such a good vibe and a good feel really the rest of the weekend and here on Wednesday, many days later, like it's another sad thing, Like my mood and my demeanor should not be so impacted by what college kids do in a football field. But that's that's life, and I'm one of millions, right, Let's be real, like Indiana having this run for John has probably given him joy he did not know existed when it comes to college football. And I don't mean that, I'm not like joking like this this probably at times doesn't seem real to you, right.
Speaker 3: It doesn't seem real, and it's we I was telling you this during one of the breaks earlier, Like it's weird being nervous every week for Indiana football knowing that they're playing for something and that there's things on the line that they've never had at stake before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's gonna be a real heartbreaker whenever, you know, if the first loss happens, I mean, it's still what doesn't change how awesome of a season it is. But again, you don't get to like results change expectations throughout a season. And I don't just mean like, hey, we lost a couple I guess we should now stop talk talking about the playoff. I mean, Indiana was coming off of a few really bad seasons the end of the Tom Allen era, and now they're freaking eight to o and they have a realistic path to the Big Ten championship in the playoff. So before the season, you would have said a bowl game would be a great early sign for Signetti, considering Indiana hadn't gone bowling consistently in a long time. But no, I mean, now you're already way past bowling. But like, if you somehow went eight and four, it's crazy, but it.
Speaker 3: Just would be a disappointment.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it would be. It would be a disaster. Like it wouldn't mean that you're doomed and that you didn't have a good year, but the emotion from your fans would be devastation. And that's not realistic. They're not going to go eight and four. I mean, I guess it's technically possible. Who's the worst team they play the rest of the war and produce, Yeah, produce. Look, Prdue might.
Speaker 3: Be one eleven.
Speaker 2: Prdue might fire their coach after this year. And if they, if they, if they're serious about football, might want to And I don't know, I remember just being in disbelief that it worked out the way it did with Saderfield and Cincinnati, which, by the way, I'll give set Off a credit. He's winning, Like I don't know how they're going to finish the rest of the way. They did lose to Colorado, but like Saderfield has has had a solid second season thus far at Cincinnati, so credit to him.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't think the ceilings high was sad anywhere, because that's just who he is. But you know, I thought they were going to be doomed this year, and so far he's done better than most would have expected. So when it played out the way it did, was sad. Like I was just in disbelief that, like we got that lucky and the scenario played out to bring Jeff bromhome, meaning SAT's gone, Cincinnati paid you to take him off your hands, and Brahms here, and you know, that was what a lot of us wanted, most of us wanted. So because of that, I don't really remember the produced search at all. But that guy, I mean, how do he get the job? And I don't even mean just results, but like I don't know, like he's a young guy, former player, but like he doesn't even come from like a coaching tree to where he was looked at as like next man up. And Jeff said something the other day. I think it was in his press conference. It might not. Yeah, it was his press conference because he was talking about how, you know, believe it or not, he's been here before, where he's had teams that you know, have losses you feel like they shouldn't have. Like, Jeff was good at Purdue, but what really made it impressive was not a number as far as the amount of wins you had. It was the fact that you were able to consistently become competitive in the Big Ten when they hadn't done it in a long time. And along the way you got to the Big Ten championship game and you beat a bunch of ranked teams. So, you know, but he I don't think he went out of his way because that's just not Jeff. But he did mention. He said, believe it or not, we've been here before. You know, at Purdue, it's not an easy place to win. I'm not sure how many people realize that, but it's not an easy place to win. Like I kind of feel like he wanted people to realize like what I did at Purdue was probably more the most people realize. But again, if he didn't do it for that reason, it wouldn't shock me because that's not really his demeanor. But you know, Purdue hired a guy that is incompetent, and you know, it's another reminder that they were lucky to have Jeff. But the thought of him staying at Purdue forever was, I mean unrealistic. If Louisville ever opened up, and let's be real, if Louisville opened up and Jeff Brawm was just Jeff Bram and he wasn't from Louisville, he was from Cincinnati and had no connection, then he probably wouldn't have come to Louisville, to be honest with you, But clearly he is Jeff Brom and he is from Louisville, and he's he's our coach. And you know, I want so badly for this team to finish strong for obvious reasons. I'm a Louisville fan, and I want him to beat Clemson, beat Kentucky in that streak, and of course beat Clemson for the first time. But you know, I results clearly are how you were evaluated as a program as a coach, and like, if they end up seven and five and we know that they should have been a lot better, where are the fingers going to be pointing towards him? And that's deserved, Like I'm but like it won't mean that he's not a good coach and won't mean that, like you still can't have a really good tenure here with him here. But I just am not prepared for, you know, the comments about we got rid of him and got us a new sadder for you. I mean that was already being set after the SMU loss and whatnot. So you know, look, it's part of the gig. If that's what people want to say, then you know, we'll have to We'll have to, you know, let them say it. They can say whatever they want. But man, I'm hoping they can take advantage of this big opportunity on Saturday against Clemson. If you missed it earlier, we had David Hale of ESPN, who covers the acc on with us and a good a good back and forth with him about this matchup against Clemson, and we're going to find out about both teams late in the year here on Saturday for Louisville what I think we're going to find out is, Okay, did they really come together and were they really able to utilize digging deep, finding a way to a RaSE a twenty point deficit on the road and play their best defense consistently throughout? Like they looked like they had an identity, an identity defensively where they were out, They're bouncing around, they had some swagger. I mean, they were bullies. They were dominant really after Boston College scored that touchdown in the third quarter. And the offense has been good all year. Let's be real, the offense has been good enough and sometimes really good. So what we're gonna learn about Louisville is did they really carry over something from that Boston College game? Did they find themselves? So to speak? And then for Clemson, I believe we're going to find out if, like, if they come out and they roll Louisville, some will say, well, hey, Lowell's now I got four losses. Clemson's benefiting from the lousy acc And maybe they're right if they say that. But what I think we're going to learn is if you know, if their recent play is more of a product of who they're playing or more of a product of that. They're actually really, really good. Kate Klebnick is getting a lot of love, there's no doubt about it. But I feel good about this quarterback matchup. Sounds like a dangerous thing to say, given Ron English's defense this year, but the quarterbacks who've given Louis problems have done what run and obviously they've done other things too, Like it wasn't the legs necessarily that that killed you with cam Ward, it was a little bit of everything. But he's a Heisman favorite right now. Other guys that have been able to make plays with their legs, they've been a real kryptonite for you. Kate Clubdon couldn't do that. So if he's sitting back in the pocket like a statue and this defense can get loose, I mean, it could be a good recipe. So I'm anxious for Saturday night. For sure. We'll talk about Kentucky on the other side, because I watched a little bit of their scrimmage last night, their exhibition game in the first half, and you know, I could I could feel them sweating a little bit now that they thought they were going to lose, but they probably went through with what they probably went through what Louisville fans went through at times in the Spaulding Exhibition, where you know you're still up a bunch, you're not worried about losing, but because of your opponent, you feel like any little, any little play that maybe they get the best of you, you start to panic. And I think that's a norm I do. I quick break, will go back on the other side, keep it rolling along. It's coffee and company. Phil about Thorton's on Sports Talk seven ninety when I saw Kentucky, you know, up like four or five or something early on in the game last night against Minnesota State, which, by the way, Minnesota State, for what it's worth, didn't have I think their leading scorer they held out because he's dealing with an injury, and obviously they play a real game starting next week like everybody else. But Doug getting up winning by a lot. They went on like an eighteen old run and the second in I guess the late late first half, and then really never looked back. But I was checking Twitter to see sort of what the reaction was from their fans, and it wasn't like full meltdown. But when Amari Williams went down with an injury. I mean, obviously that's a concern because he's likely going to be your best big And I have no clue if there's been any kind of an update as far as you know what his status is, not sure if it's serious or not. But he did come back out in sweatpants, didn't play, but you know they were losing the rebounding battle point they got scored on a couple of times. I mean, again, it wasn't anything alarming, but when it's new and you are aware that it's not a real game and it doesn't really count, Like I could sense that both fan bases were kind of in the same spot with their exhibition games because you weren't worried about losing, and you try to remind yourself or you're having to remind yourself over and over that like, hey, like it's just an exhibition, good or bad. If you feel optimistic or pessimistic, it really likely won't mean anything because it's impossible. I mean, you never talk about exhibition games after the fact unless you lose. And sometimes there have been exhibition opponents that are exhibition games where a D two team will beat a D one team and that D one team it's actually being really good. Like Chris Mack lost to Scotty Davenport and Bellerman whenever Bellerman was D two, and I believe that was one of Chris's better teams at Xavier. So you know what happens. But because it's new and it's your first time seeing them, or at least second time seeing this new era with this new coach, seeing his team go up against a different team, you know you're probably over analyzing more than anything else. But again, they won big same thing with Louisville, and you really won't find out where either of these teams are, and if they're you know where they are next week or the week after. I'm sure it'll be much different one weeket to February. But because it's new and there's so much excitement, I mean, I think there's gonna be a lot of overreaction both ways with some of the results that you're gonna get from both sides this year. Like if Kentucky gets blown out by Duke in the Champions Classic in a couple of weeks, I mean, that probably doesn't mean that they're going to be bad, because Duke's really good at least should be really good. You know, if Louisville ends up, you know, beating Tennessee somehow, that may not mean that they're going to be great, because maybe Tennessee's not that good. I mean, as we get closer and closer, now what five days away from regular season games for both teams next Monday, what I think I'm more eager to see is the reaction from fans, regardless of results. Right, Like, let's say Louisville has a close game against Morehead State, are fans going to lose their mind? If Kentucky has a you know, close game against Ohio, how are their fans going to react? Like, It'll be interesting to see how everything plays out, not just how good these teams are in year one, but how the fan bases adjust. Clearly, Louisville has a low bar. There's no scenario that Pat Kelsey could take you lower than what you have been. However, we all know we didn't hire Pat Kelcey to be better than Kenny Penn. You could have hired me saved a lot of money, you, Josh Hurd, because I think I could have been better, And like I don't say that, like I'm not even really joking. I could have been worse right, I don't know if I'd have been able to go get players. But you know that's going to be what is fascinating to me how how fans are balancing that, meaning, are you going to be more of the on the side of like, well, hey, yeah, we haven't looked great against these bum teams we're playing, but by the way you don't play. I mean, loul was non converse sketches, really tough. But like, the pessimist and the optimist are going to be pretty easy to identify because I think you'll have some that are more so riding the wave of like, hey, it's new and we'll see how good it is down the road. But man, I'm just happy we're not losing to you know, Lipscomb anymore, or whoever it was that came. Was it Lipscomb to beat him a couple years ago, yeah, Lipscomb or right State? Yeah, right State. So those are going to be the optimists. And I don't mean like that you're being like overly optimistic and you're being like a homer, Like I get it. Watching Louisville drain twenty four threes against young Harris that felt better than it ever would have had it not been for the last few years, and for Kentucky. You know, I guess for the pessimist on the Louisville side would be Okay, yeah, we're beating these teams, but man, we don't look good. What's going to happen when we get to the Bahamas? So again, the balance among Louisville fans collectively is going to be interesting for me. Again, you can react however you want. I'm just saying, like, we have high expectations still around here, but are people going to be willing to just acknowledge that this a brand new team? And hell, even if Louisville struggles early on this year might because they're playing really good teams and they're still trying to put it all together, but they maybe maybe they peak late in the year and they finish strong. We'll know when we get there. On the Kentucky side, there's not really like Again, you can sit back and say, well, you know, I know Mark Pope wouldn't have lost to Saint Peter's or Oakland, and you're right, but he ain't gonna be there until late, you know, early March. So until then, is he gonna be giving you a product that you feel like is close to what you had before. Because as much as the cal thing needed to end for a variety of reasons, you know it was really because it run its course and he stopped winning when it mattered, he still kept you relevant and he still got you really good seeds for the most part. Can Pope do that? In him? Not being able to do it potentially in year one wouldn't mean he can't do it over time. But I think because they haven't. I mean they've been good, they just have had embarrassing postseason losses, which that's all that matters, to be honest with you. I mean, what you do in the postseason is how you evaluated at big time jobs. So they've been heartbroken when it comes to that. But like, if they're middle of a pack SEC all year, maybe fighting for a spot in the tournament, and I'm not saying they will be, but if they are, I have no clue how the fans are going to react. I kind of feel like they're gonna be pretty critical and worry. Okay, did we go get a guy that is that is capable of Kentucky basketball putting Kentucky basketball where they belong. But I'm excited for hoops season. It'll be here soon. He kind of already is here, but real games will start next Monday. New eras here for both fan bases and kind of feels like the rivalry is renewed. And yes, it would be easy for a Louisville fan like myself to say that because Louisvell has been on the losing end for quite some time. But I feel confident in saying, like Mark Pope, no scenario he dominates the rivalry like Caliperry did. Right, I mean, please God, no, Please God, don't let that happen. That would be bad for me and everybody else who's a Louisville fan. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back on the other side because I want to come on a little more time than we usually have because the scenario here that is likely to happen, I guess more likely than not to happen, is a three way tie for first place in the ACC. Obviously, three teams can't play in the ACC championship game. How they determine who gets to go? I think, I mean, I can't give you a better way to do it, But man if I came out on the wrong end of that one, I would be very bitter towards the acc So we'll get to that as we wrap it up on the other side. Keep it locked right here, it's coffee and company. Feel about Thornton's on Sports Talk seven to ninety. You know, sometimes I get a little discouraged with people doing really good deeds and it seeming as if they're only doing it because they want to be able to tell people about it. But regardless, if you're doing something good, and maybe the incentive for you is to not only feel good about helping people, but you want to be able to show, hey, look how nice of a person I am. At the end of the day, the deed is still done, and that's great. But I'm telling you, if you want to do something good and help save the lives of pets, then you should have you should have your well, you need to take them. You need to take your pet, your dog or your cat to the Jefferson Animal Hospital to see if they qualify to be a pet blood donor. I didn't even know that was a thing. Obviously it is, and anytime your pet donates blood, they can help save up to four to six lives. So if you want to, you know, put it on a T shirt, put it on your Facebook that you donate your pet donated blood and you helped save four to six lives. Do it. It's the Jefferson Animal Hospital that is so you can get more information on if your pet qualifies to be a pet blood donor at pet bloodbank dot com. And again it's the Jefferson Animal Hospital. Bibo two nine hundred pets. Who would't want to help save the lives of pets and with Jefferson Animal Hospital you can you can do that, you know what I mean? John, Like, there's certain like there's certain really good deeds that get done, and and I used to just think, like, oh, you're just doing that for you know, so you can so you can look like you're so great.
Speaker 3: That's usually what politicians do for.
Speaker 2: Being asked you're right. But but then you know, I realized, either way they're still doing it. Yeah, but if they couldn't showcase on social media or you know, have somebody video it and make the news or something, then like then then you know they wouldn't do it, and that would be a bad thing. That would be you know, a negative. The people who donate a massive amount of money anonymously, are truly the best people on the planet. I mean, maybe they're doing that because they're trying to cover or trying to even out because they do bad things in the I mean, we'll never know because what they're anonymous. But like when you hear people that donated like half a million dollars to a foundation and they don't want to be known, like that's think about that, Like, you should be out there letting people know, Hey, listen, I did that because it's awesome. You should be letting people know, and they should be saying, well, good on you, because that's that's all. I mean. You shouldn't. I wouldn't make it, you know, your whole brand. But I think I can't think of what it what there was some kind of foundation the other day that I was I was talking to somebody who works for a foundation and they they had received in the the at this point in the twenty twenty four year upwards of like three hundred thousand dollars total from about five different people and they all are anonymous. Like that's awesome. Anyways, what won't be awesome if you finish undefeated in the ACC this year and don't get to play for the a SEC Championship. That's a real possibility. In fact, I'd say it's more likely than not. So here's what they're gonna do. The ACC tie breaker, which I guess was approved. It looks like in May of twenty twenty three, that was when the league went divisionless for the first time. So if number one and number two involving a head you know, involving head to head winning percent Yeah, so steps number one and number two involve head to head winning percentage, which wouldn't really matter because right now in the ACC, if Clemson, Miami and SMU you all finished, you know eight, No, but there's no head to head winning percentage when the three teams that are undefeated never played each other, which is again probably the biggest factor in why you got three teams unbeaten. So what they ended up doing is looking at the winning percentage of your opponents, and that's something you can't control. Now, I think if you have a three way tie, there's gonna be whoever's left out, they're gonna have a gripe. That's like, we did all we could do. How can we not be able to play? But I feel like there's got to be a bet, like you can't control who the league scheduled you to play. So if you are dominating teams, but the teams you've dominated happen to be bad, like their winning percentage is terrible, and you end up being you know that would be I mean, I can't think of a worse way to be left out. I mean, anyway you get left out, it's gonna suck. But right now, Clemson's acc opponents currently have a forty three percent winning percentage. Miamis have a forty two percent winning percentage, so they're right there neck and neck SMU thirty five. Now it's some us about to play an undefeated pit team and that would certainly help them. But I mean again, it's one thing if like your margin of Again, either way, if you get screwed, you're gonna get screwed. You're gonna feel like you you know, you did all you could because I mean fight. Literally, if you go eight to zero in the league and don't get to play, you did, you won every game you played, and you still got left out. But I think it should be more based off of of something about what you do, right, meaning like your margins, how dominant you were because if it's just based off what other teams did, even though you might have blitzed them, that's just the luck of the draw and the league. Can you know, beat a blame for that because they gave you a soft schedule. Now, in the end, what really made this mean? I'm sure they thought the schedules were pretty balanced until they saw Florida State, right, Like, that's what really made this unique is that nobody like Florida State's on Clemson schedule, Florida State's on Miami schedule, Florida State's on SMU schedule. So like, going in, every one of these teams had to play a team that you probably expected to win the league. Again, I mean, they were the favorite and now they suck. So like that's how you ended up in this situation like Indiana for example. I don't know what the tie breaker would be or if it's even possible, but like they were given a schedule they just so happened to play out. I mean, look, one team they just played and beat played in the National Championship game last year, right like Nebraska were supposed to be a lot better. Sorry, go ahead, I was gonna say Nebraska supposed to be a lot better. Michigan also won the national championship last year, and you know they're not very good, so like you can't control that. But like, for if you get left out and you steamroll everybody like Indiana has, like that would suck. Now, there's no scenario where they get left out because if they went out there in but yeah, just.
Speaker 3: If they're eleven and one. There's a scenario where both Ohio State and Penn State are also eleven and one, and in that case, you'd have an undefeated organ was in the Big Ten Championship and then you'd have the three way tie for second, which in that case would go to Ohio State because they'd have the head to head over Penn State and the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so and look, I would I mean I would rather. I mean it's weird. I mean, say you'd rather have a loss sounds odd, but like to never know if you were truly you know, able to win the league or not, Like to not have that closure I think would be the worst experience from a fans perspective. But again, you all will have an opportunity, right, You're gonna be able to prove what you guys can do. You went out. There's no there's no conversation. Yeah, which I cannot wait to see where things are when that game is played, because it's the second to last game for you, right it is. Yeah, I mean just a couple away, and like, who knows, maybe by that point people are looking at Indiana. It's like the favorite there. Crazier things have happened, or maybe they haven't. I don't know. That would be really wild. But hey, it's already been a wild and seemingly unreal season for the Hoosiers, and I'm sure you're loving every minute of a John I am good stuff. All Right, we're out of town. Talk to you tomorrow right here on Sports Talk seven ninety