Speaker 1: Come on home out.
Speaker 2: Oh good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Ride Ryan.
Speaker 4: Yo, come on, let's go.
Speaker 2: Wakey, Wakey, hands off, Snakey rod Ryan show check it in Free Beer Friday.
Speaker 4: Thankspecs got beer for you every hour straight up at six, seven, eight and nine. Oh, we're gonna play that new Lincoln Park song for you. At A twenty. I didn't hear it yet.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear the whole thing. I heard a little clip of it. We're gonna probably play a clip of it coming up in Houston's headlines, but we'll get to listen to it together.
Speaker 4: At A twenty. What I heard I loved.
Speaker 2: Josh the Goat came back into our.
Speaker 4: Lives this week.
Speaker 2: He's going for win number three, fresh out of band Head to Head Challenge.
Speaker 4: We'll play that game at six twenty.
Speaker 2: Live Collective Soul Are Lady Peace Tickets August fifteen, seventy one.
Speaker 4: To three Music Hall.
Speaker 2: I got tickets for you on the fun Fact Flashback BlackBerry Smoke Chennai seven to one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 4: I got tickets for you at seven twenty A.
Speaker 2: Wall Nation Plan April first, April Fool's Day, I got tickets for you at eight twenty this morning and then open phones Friday. Love that love hearing you guys, you can get the whole last hour of the show to talk. We'll leave you with those shine down Bush tickets under the show.
Speaker 4: Now, we do have more rain today expected? All right?
Speaker 2: Is the weekend going to be a washed No? Twenty five percent chance of morning showers, some clouds afternoon sun tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Okay, high of eighty three.
Speaker 2: Another twenty five percent chance of some rain here on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Today's to be the rain the rest of the weekend. You should be okay.
Speaker 5: Good morning Alex, Good morning Rod.
Speaker 4: What are Houston's headlines? Please well?
Speaker 6: Dozens are missing after a deadly seven point seven magnitude earthquake rocked Mayan Mar and Thailand. One person has been killed and fifty others were hurt when a building in Bangkok collapsed. The US Geological surveys reporting that the epicenter of the quake was in Mandalay, Mayan Mar, but that at least one person was killed when a building that was under construction in Bangkok, Thailand collapsed. The amount of people still trapped under the rubble is unknown. Terrible news to start our morning. The US Department of Health and Human Resources, or Human Services, announced plans yesterday to cut approximately ten thousand full time positions, reducing its workforce from eighty two thousand to about sixty two thousand employees. This decision follows earlier reductions achieved through buyout offers and early retirements, bringing the total reduction to twenty thousand. HHS Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior, stated that these measures aimed to streamline operations and refocus the department's mission towards combating chronic disease. The restructuring is going to consolidate the current twenty eight divisions into fifteen, and the number of regional offices is going to be reduced from ten to five. These changes are projected to save taxpayers one point eight billion dollars. So far, there have been eighty seven days in the year twenty twenty five, with roughly sixty two of them being workdays. But how many days do you have to work before you need a vacation? According to a new survey, these are the top signs that people need vacations. Feeling burnt out, daydreaming about a trip, getting irritated, with others more than usual, at least, feeling fatigued, having low energy even on weekends, brain fog completely forgetting tasks, misplacing items, making mistakes at work, and checking emails even when you're off the clock, you've got any of those, might be time for a vacation.
Speaker 2: That was a question I got from my friends. He said, well, what was it like you? You know, you went to Disney for spring break. I said, our spring break's earlier than most places. The North is not on spring break yet, so you think you're gonna, you know, you want to stay away from these places because you're worried that everybody in the country's going to be there at that time. Spring break and up North isn't until Easter, you know, and they.
Speaker 6: Always have snow days and stuff like that too. That kind of push everything back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I remember going to visit my grandparents after we get out of school, and they were in Maryland and they would have school for like another month after we got out.
Speaker 2: Take those vacations if you, if your company offers them, take that time off.
Speaker 6: Megan Fox gave birth to a baby girl yesterday with her ex fiance Machine Gun. Kelly MGK posted a black and white clip holding the newborn and said in the newborn's hand and said she's finally here, our little celestial seed.
Speaker 5: And an Instagram story.
Speaker 6: MGG added, we composed the score of the birth born into four hundred and thirty two hertz. What an epic journey. Praise God is.
Speaker 4: The one that I worry about. Alex p.
Speaker 2: Keaton Middleton, Oh, you have another kid down the way and it's a girl, you.
Speaker 5: Said, Yeah, I do not have the hurts that she will be born to yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know you can.
Speaker 2: You have plenty of time to contact Travis Parker to put together a soundtrack.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll hit him up, you know. Yo, Hey you remember me?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't know what's going on with those crazy kids. I just I was excited that you said that you guys.
Speaker 4: Were having another girl.
Speaker 6: Yeah, very excited stuff. This is Fox's first daughter. She shares three sons with her ex husband Brian Austin Green, and it's mgk's second child. He shares a fifteen year old daughter with an ex girlfriend. Lincoln park has released a new song and accompanying music video called Up from the Bottom. The track marks the band's first new music since the arrival of the From Zero comeback album last November.
Speaker 5: In a recent.
Speaker 6: Interview with Billboard, Lincoln Park's John called Up from the Bottom the best song that we've ever made, while bandmate Mike Schnoda added that quote, it's one of the best videos we've ever had. Up from the Bottom is going to appear on a deluxe edition of From Zero that comes out.
Speaker 5: On May sixteenth. That's my mom's birthday. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: So this song is the thing I wanted to hear most today on the show. I couldn't wait. In eight twenty, we're gonna have to wait to hear it. The other song I couldn't wait to hear today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, buddy bro Yeah, with an opening day and they struck out one soturday in it, that little bitch.
Speaker 4: Oh you like that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that was pretty sick.
Speaker 4: You know what. I was watching it as it happened. I said, oh, okay, my man, Alex needs some good news right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, f the Mets.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 5: Astros opened up the.
Speaker 6: Season with a dub yesterday, beating the Mets three to one. Bramber Valdez gave up no runs on four hits over seven innings of work. Cam Smith looked good out there. He got himself a hit. Stros are gonna play the Mets again tonight, Hunter Downtown Brown is gonna be on the mound for the shows going up against the Mets.
Speaker 5: Tyler McGill first pitches.
Speaker 6: At seventeen, and you can listen to the game on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven nine and News Radio seven forty KTRH. In college basketball, four teams punched their tickets to the Elite eight last night. Florida beat Maryland eighty seven to seventy one, Duke got by Arizona one hundred and ninety three, Alabama took care of BYU one thirteen to eighty eight, and the Red Raiders Texas Tech beat Arkansas in overtime eighty five to eighty three. I believe it was the second biggest comeback in Sweet sixteen history. The Rioters pulled it off, So congrats to all the Red Raiders fans out there. There's four more Sweet sixteen games tonight at six o' nine. Michigan State's gonna start it off against Ole Miss, then Tennessee takes on Kentucky. Auburn will play Michigan and wrapping things up tonight is the headliner U of H taking on.
Speaker 5: Per Due at nine oh nine. In the NBA. Rockets also got to win last night.
Speaker 6: They beat the Jazz one twenty one to one ten Alpha and Shingon had thirty three points of the night to lead all players from scoring. They're gonna have a couple days off before they play the Suns on Sunday night in Phoenix.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go, go Astros, go Koogs. Bring on the weekend.
Speaker 2: We got some stuff we gotta do before we h we launch you into that weekend.
Speaker 4: One of the things we're gonna do is beer. First case of beer. Who wants to come get it? The most interactive show on the radio starts right now, all right here, We're gonna do it with me. Oh yeah, what a way to start the show.
Speaker 8: Bad Friday, you got free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. You got a free band Friday. Free Bam Friday, Bam Friday, Bam Friday Friday.
Speaker 4: Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Good morning dude, Hi, good morning. Who's this?
Speaker 9: This is Alisha from Tombo.
Speaker 4: How are you today?
Speaker 10: Fantastic.
Speaker 11: I'm up for early morning swim practice.
Speaker 4: You know what. A ready, I'm ready to jump in the pool right now. After that damn guns and Roses song, I'll go to some laugh right, I will go, you know what I'll go. I'll jump in that pool and do the butterfly right now. Okay, maybe an individual medley, Alex, I'll go back and forth. I'll do all the strokes back and forth.
Speaker 2: I'll hit all every stroke in that pool right now with that guns and Roses song, gouty so amped up.
Speaker 4: Hey, you're calling number ten. Congratulations. Also, I'm gonna get you that.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Yeah, we're all awake right now. You're out there in Cyprus. Where's where's uh? Where's practice today?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 4: Tombull Medatorium, Tomboll? Okay, and your kids are doing the swimming or you're doing the swimming.
Speaker 11: The kids are doing the swimming.
Speaker 4: What are they?
Speaker 2: What is it just one that they also do? They specialize in this particular free style? Is it breast crow?
Speaker 4: We have swimmers of all variety. Yeah, all right, all right, you hop.
Speaker 2: In the pool, you hop in the pool with them, or you just yell at them, blow a whistle, yell and whistle.
Speaker 4: Good for you.
Speaker 2: All right, Well listen, have a great day of practice, have an awesome weekend.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the weekend, all right, enjoy your beers, Yes, sir, thank.
Speaker 9: You, Roy, thank you, weekend, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, great first beer winner today. Now, look, we got some rain we're gonna be dealing with again. We've kind of dealt with this this week, so we can get through it together. The heavy stuff's coming down nine ten eleven o'clock today, but it's gonna kind of be pesky and around all morning long. So I'm gonna call it at one hundred percent chance of rain this morning. High of around seventy four tonight. You got a chance of some thunderstorms continuing today. Is a little bit of a wash out.
Speaker 4: The rest of the weekend. Not a wash out, okay.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing twenty twenty five percent chance chances of rain, but not not the whole day.
Speaker 4: Okay, morning clouds, afternoon.
Speaker 2: Sun Tomorrow, we'll get up into the low eighties and we'll be dealing with some cloudy skies on Sunday again. High of around eighty three. Busy show to wrap up the week. That's one case of beard down Alicia Toomball, Josh the Goat. It's been fun having him back on with us. He's going for win number three in the Fresh out of Bad head to Head Challenge. Get those live, Collective Soul or any piece tickets for you, of course, Homeroom, you're getting those on the fun Fact flashback today closer to around six point forty.
Speaker 4: Have you heard the Lincoln Park song, Alex, I'm.
Speaker 5: Not, no, not out side of what we've just played.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that little clip there, and then it's on the.
Speaker 2: Music blog page, so if you want, you can go and listen ahead on the music blog page. There's there's a new Evanescence song that's on that music blog page. And I think this is kind of associated with like a video game. You Alex had talked about that earlier in the week, and it looks like we have it so that it's on the music blog page. And then I just wanted to mention the Sick Puppies. They've got a new song. We know Brian. Brian's a local guy and he used to play at a local band and he played one of these like early buzzfests, right he.
Speaker 4: Met the band Sick Puppies.
Speaker 2: Sick Puppies part with their singer and they're like, hey, this guy was pretty good on that Houston show Boom. He's still the lead singer of Sick Puppies. They got a new song out today. I have that for you on the music blog page. So there is some new music out there rolling today and we have it all for you on LinkedIn.
Speaker 4: Guests.
Speaker 2: All right, now, more beer at seven, More tickets to everything BlackBerry Smoke. That show is tonight at seven to one to three Music Hall. We'll get you in at seven twenty. And then the other big ticket is that Shine Down, Shine Down Bush Morgan Wade that show. Chilli's gonna make you wait the whole damn show.
Speaker 1: For that, all right.
Speaker 2: He's gonna make you wait on no the show to get those tickets. I'm already way behind. I got to take a break. When we come back on a rec check for you, we'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game's.
Speaker 13: Alternative and tell them of the Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, thank you very much. Here we go, welcome back. It's free beer Friday around these parts. We already down one case of beer. We'll have another one for you straight up at seven, getting ready to go for the fresh out of mad Heads to a head coming up. But we got some rain expected today and kind of today is gonna be a bit of a wash out, all right.
Speaker 4: What do you see that's trending over there?
Speaker 6: Mayan mar is trending. A seven point seven magnitude earthquake rock Myanmar and Thailand overnight. At least three people have been confirmed dead, with many others injured in it, and we'll keep updating you on that as we get more information throughout the ding.
Speaker 4: That's going to be updated all morning long.
Speaker 6: It's sad Selena is trending. Her killer, Yolanda Saldivar, was denied parol yesterday, so she's gonnaut to wait at least another five years before she's up for parole. Monday is going to mark the thirtieth anniversary of Selena's death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are still upset a little raw about that. Can't imagine her doing well on the outside.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, I can't imagine her doing well on the inside.
Speaker 5: She's done better on the inside than she's lasted.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then also trending is Megan Fox. We talked about it earlier, but she had a baby girl with her ex Beyonce machine Gun Kelly yesterday and he and Travis Barker like made a little play like a little song for to be born in joke Ron thirty two hurts. Whatever that means, that's what's going on or that's what's trending on night before the Buttons.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody, This is Josh's the Goat. You're fresh out of beid hit the head two day champion. Don't worry about that resume. The only thing that matters is the next game, and that's coming up Friday morning. Tune in at six point twenty as I make it win number three.
Speaker 4: Bitches all right, Chilli, quick turnaround.
Speaker 2: I got a short Oliver Tree song, So get somebody lined up for the goat seven one.
Speaker 4: Three, two two nine four five If you want to take him on.
Speaker 14: It's free beer Friday, Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz, Oliver Tree, it's.
Speaker 4: Your Rod Ryan's Show. It is a Fremier Friday.
Speaker 2: Another case of beer from Specs coming your way at seven o'clock. We'll do it at eight, we'll do it at nine and then we'll flip the phones over and then give the whole last hour of the show to you. I had to ask Alex, I gotta get my time straight rear. You got Astros met seven ten coming away with a win yesterday, and then the Koogs and Purdue nine nine o nine tonight.
Speaker 4: What a night?
Speaker 5: Huh the headline in the headlining show tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was surprised. That's the fourth game. That's like, that's the marquee game.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent chance of raining today, heisim around seventy four.
Speaker 4: Let's go and now.
Speaker 15: Each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 16: Where it is, Goat, Goat, goat, greatest of all ties, spelt, goat, git, spell it out, Goat, kilo whales, goats, epic fails, Goat, salad shoes, go it is the glue, go flakes, go red pancase, soa jud te, go At.
Speaker 13: Nudity, Goat, greatest.
Speaker 16: Of all time, Goat, Goat, g Oheit, spell it out, Goat, don't do drugs?
Speaker 4: Believe was there a word in there yesterday for I read my lips red pancakes or something? Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: Hey, Goat, good morning, good morning, ride.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Goat. You're going for winding number three today?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, okay uh, I wanted to ask you sure, Hey, is there a minimum age to play the hit to hit challenge?
Speaker 4: Hmmm, no, I guess not. I don't care.
Speaker 1: We're listening to the game with my son yesterday and he asked and goes, dad, how old do you have to be to play?
Speaker 4: That's our son.
Speaker 1: I have no idea, said, why do you ask? And he looks at me and he goes, Dad, because I think I can take you down.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, asked Chili. I don't know if there's a minimum.
Speaker 1: I said, Hey, I say you got a call.
Speaker 4: I don't care to have him play. Get him in here, okay, I'll let him know. You know what I got today at the other white Meat White Rodney, Good morning third. Hey dude, welcome back to the game. How are you pretty good man? What was the last time you played?
Speaker 17: In?
Speaker 4: Last year? Tournament Champion, Tournament of Champions. He's a Hall of Famer, he.
Speaker 2: Knows what it's like. He's had a little taste. Do you make it far in that Hall of Fame? For the first date, way to go, dude.
Speaker 4: All right, welcome back to the gay White Rodney. He knows what he's doing. Goat he put.
Speaker 2: I was very surprised at this modest mouse and flaming lips. Tickets go on sale today at ten am. The show is August twenty for the seventy one to three Music Hall. That's what you're competing for this morning. Pretty damn good prize. Nice, Yeah, it's a really good prize. We're listening for Josh, and we're listening for the other white meat over there, Rodney Rodney and.
Speaker 4: Good look sir.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Still been using Jill and her husband wrote some great questions here.
Speaker 4: We're gonna use him. Question number one.
Speaker 2: Each member of the rod Ryan Show, White Rodney weirly, I got call speed, Yeah you did.
Speaker 4: What's your answer?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't have one, swir Go ahead, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Any answer and well, Josh, A good imagine you'd like the rest of that question.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, I'm stumped right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, it's a different question.
Speaker 2: Each member of the rod Ryan Show has what type of household pet A dog?
Speaker 4: The dog is correct? Yeah, we all, everyone's got a dog on the show.
Speaker 2: Here, good question, Jill and your husband Josh on the board.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, shout out.
Speaker 2: Okay, well Rodney got a little excited there, that's all right. Reel it back in question number two. In the Avengers, what is the name of the green superhero that gets angry and let it Rodner Man, You guys waited a long time.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Josh, I'm thinking it's the Hulk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is the Hulk.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess you had to wait for the superhero movies, aren't my thing?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: And then Green could have been that arrow guy maybe, or a lantern guy or something.
Speaker 1: Green lantern that first popped up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. It's so the complete question, just so you know.
Speaker 2: In the Avengers, what is the name of the green superhero that gets angry.
Speaker 4: And likes to smash things? Smash things? It is the haulk White Rodney. We've got to say goodbye to you.
Speaker 1: Hey, good luck, Jeff, Hey, thank you your game. Rodney.
Speaker 4: All right, only room for one White Rodney right now.
Speaker 2: I guess Josh, we're gonna put you on pause for the weekend.
Speaker 4: But that is win number three for you. You got two more to go, right, that was three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be waiting for you on Monday.
Speaker 18: All right, daddy, Oh, hang on the rod Ryan's shown ninety four five the Buzz.
Speaker 4: Ninety four or five Bus Nirvana, All apologies before that.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just the Goat doing goat things, taking care of business.
Speaker 15: The fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody. This is Josh the Goat. I'm your fresh out of bed head to head three day champions. Time for a weekend recharge and come back on Monday when I make it win number four bitches.
Speaker 4: He's already given us a warning.
Speaker 2: He's got a little baby goat running around over there, wants to play.
Speaker 4: I don't care. Sure, bring them on, Bring on the next gin.
Speaker 7: It's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart in your buddies.
Speaker 4: It's the fuck that to the day you get to those live collective Soul Our Lady Peace tickets coming up for you. First, they brought in some new fun facts for you today.
Speaker 2: How about this Ruth Wakefield just sounds old like Ruth Wakefield, like I don't know. That sounds like old timey to me. It is pretty old timey nineteen thirties.
Speaker 4: She's the woman that was credited with inventing the chocolate chip cookie. Thank you, Ruth for inventing the number two cookie. Oh no, raisin number one wrong. She just to make sure Alex was awake.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: She sold the recipe to Nesley in the nineteen thirties in exchange for a.
Speaker 4: Lifetime supply of chocolate.
Speaker 2: No money exchanged hands for the chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Speaker 4: Ruth should have had better manager. Next fun fact for you today.
Speaker 2: If you're like me, you feel like there's been a lot of plane crashes recently.
Speaker 5: Seems just been a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: The odds of dying in a plane crash are still one in thirteen million.
Speaker 4: That is fu I mean, this is for me, just I need to hear this.
Speaker 2: You're about two thousand, two hundred times more likely to die in a car accident than you are in a plane crasher. So it's way more dangerous to drive to the airport than be in that plane. Okay, So I just need to tell myself that when I when I'm taking off, apparently all I got is cookie stuff for you today. Well, I did have something, well, I'll go with the cookie piscotti. How are your thoughts? I'm biscotti.
Speaker 19: It's good with coffee.
Speaker 2: It's a little hard though, huh Like, I mean you crack your teeth on those things.
Speaker 4: Oh that's not that hard. Really, you're in stale ones. They all they all taste sale.
Speaker 2: The biscotti comes from the Latin word bis and cocked them.
Speaker 4: Well, they're not so good anymore. This and cock them, which means baked twice.
Speaker 7: It's the fun back to the day. We make you look smart and your buddies. It's the fuck back of the day.
Speaker 19: There's a lot of stoners out there this morning.
Speaker 4: Then baked twice. Yeah, a.
Speaker 2: Live collector, soul our Lady Pas August fifteenth, seven one to three music Hall.
Speaker 4: Fun, Filth, filth p scotti. No, but these bugs are filth, promiscuous, highest st re STD rates to back it up.
Speaker 2: These bugs are trash.
Speaker 4: They are filth whorse I bugs, I understand that what is the bug?
Speaker 2: The most promiscuous insect out there? Seven one, three twos.
Speaker 4: Now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain ca all right, there's the Captain Cash guy. How you do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 19: And again gave a little back that that was down one hundred and fifty five points. Kick off this morning at forty two, two hundred and ninety nine, NASTAC down ninety five. We're at seventeen thouy eight hundred and four benchmark ten. Your treasures trading at a four point three to three percent and oil that stands a sixty nine dollars seventy eight cents of barrel to the most active is the Big Studs Era we Visa and Procter and Gamble, the Big Duds three M Navidia and Goldman Sachs. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on personal income and spending for February. Right now, futures they are on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it. I'm out here. This is Hallan may need to direct with Ramy James sported for the Rod Ryan Show from Ramy James on Sam Flee, Ben Agusta and dun't get toys, rock out your Stockoutpamian's.
Speaker 20: Expressed those alland and not necessarily those are Raymon James associates. Than come ever NYC as Ibcart Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable. But it's not your there's no insurance transmiss We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer, or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to. Your MS programs are educational and informational services on the studs of duds are based on movement, as reported by Young.
Speaker 4: Finance ninety four or five. The Buzz, Good morning, Ron Ryan's show.
Speaker 21: It's your bugs.
Speaker 4: Good morning, hello, hello, hello, hello, good Mark.
Speaker 12: Hi.
Speaker 4: What's your name Thomit? Welcome to the show, Thomas.
Speaker 2: These the most promiss promiscuous insects out there, the highest STD rates to back it up as well, These filthy bugs.
Speaker 4: Who are they?
Speaker 6: Lady bugs?
Speaker 4: Yeah, lady bugs. I'll say this. One of the top suggested words for reading my lips yesterday was ladybug rubbers. I must have said that on the area.
Speaker 2: Dude, you just want tickets to go see live Collective Soul in our lady piece. Good memory, good memory, Thomas, Where are you from?
Speaker 4: All right, bro, welcome to the show. Have a great time at that concert down man down. The buzz is right in your pocket. Tell your smart device to play ninety four to five. The buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The buzz I mean, are we rocking in homeroom or what? Opening with Welcome to the Jungle GNR closing out homeroom with Lymph Biscuits.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd say homerooms rocking today. Got more beer coming up for you free beer Friday, of course I do.
Speaker 2: We're all waiting. Alex said he's waiting as well. Eight twenty is when we're gonna play that new Lincoln Park song for you. We'll play it in its entirety. We'll take some calls, do all of that. The video is on the music blog page right now, which with a bunch of new music too on that music blog page on hundred percent chance of rain today highs up around seventy four.
Speaker 4: The rest of the.
Speaker 2: Weekend not a wash though, twenty twenty five percent chance of rain Saturday and Sunday tomorrow, specifically morning clouds afternoon sun high of eighty three.
Speaker 4: Alex with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Poco Morning Everyone.
Speaker 6: Dozens are missing after a deadly seven point seven magnitude earthquake rocked Maya and mar and Thailand overnight. At least three people have been killed and many others were hurt when a building in Bangkok collapsed. The US Geological Survey is reporting that the epicenter of the quake was in Mandalai Mayan mar but that at least one person was killed when a building that was under construction in Bangkok, Thailand collapse. The amount of people still trapped.
Speaker 5: Under the rubble is unknown.
Speaker 6: President Donald Trump signed an executive order yesterday directing the Smithsonian Institution to review its exhibits and educational programs for what he calls improper ideology. The order requires that the Smithsonian ensures that its content aligns with patriotic values and does not promote political bias. Critics argue that this directive could lead to censorship of historical and scientific content, particularly regarding topics like civil rights, climate change, and the history of marginalized groups. The Smithsonian, which operates independently from the federal government, has not yet commented on how it will respond.
Speaker 2: They're gonna keep Dorothy shoes out there like from the Wizard of Oz, And what about Phronsie's jacket.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's political.
Speaker 2: Let's got to stay out there, right like Fonzie never like chose aside, Phonsie was pretty neutral. Yeah, no, Archie Bunker not neutral. And I know his chair is in there, so maybe that's out. Archie Bunker definitely had some political leading thoughts back in the day. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: I mean it's Archie Bunker's chair being threatened to be put away. I don't know how this works, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Definitely seems that there's other things that could be done instead of this, but he's the president. The baby brand Freda, will debut a breast milk flavored ice cream later this year. The brand said on Instagram that it's quote d in nine months. It's not made with actual breast milk, just milk flavored, and they say it's sweet and nutty with a hint of salt. It also has some of the same nutrients as real breastmoke. They claim that everyone's secretly wondered what breast milk tastes like, so they expect it to be popular and joke that people will be pumped to try it.
Speaker 4: Bro April full stage just around the corner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this seemed like an April Fool's prank. It does, but they're saying it's coming out so you can sign up to be notified when you can place your orders at Freda dot com. But the ice cream won't be on sale until December, nine months from that.
Speaker 4: I mean, is there did they say there was a hole in the market.
Speaker 2: People were asking, like, boy, if I could just get something that tastes one more flavored, more breast milk, breast milk we need all right.
Speaker 6: On a podcast, Kelly Clarkson said that she didn't realize that American Idol was a TV show until her third audition. Clarkson, who was on the first season of the show, said that when she was taping her early auditions, no one even knew what the show was, let alone how successful it would be. She also said that people were mean to her back in the day despite her winning because she was from a talent show, and said that some of those people ended up going on to become coaches on The Voice That didn't name any names.
Speaker 4: Ooh, so you can kind of go look at who's.
Speaker 5: Worked on those shows, the Voice coaches.
Speaker 2: So somebody like maybe Adam Levine was being a dick to her. I could see that, you know, I could see that too. Adam Vine seems like he could be mean. Yeah, this was Remember when this came out. This was her first single after winning. Did you watch when she and Justin Guarini were standing there and they announced her as the first winner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I watched like the first three seasons too religiously. Yeah, I say a lot of people did.
Speaker 2: They were doing twenty five to thirty million people on those shows watching.
Speaker 5: I don't think Ruben Stutter was gonna be the biggest star.
Speaker 4: Oh him and the Clay Aiken, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know all those guys.
Speaker 6: Evan Essence has released a new song titled after Life. It was co written by lead singer Amy Lee and producer Alex seaver On alter version of the song is gonna be featured multiple times in Netflix's upcoming animated series Devil May Cry, which is based on the popular capcom game. The song is available now on all major streaming platforms. In the series soundtrack album will be released on April third. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: I'm watching the video right now. It's on the music blog page. You can kind of hear it. I'm watching it. Must be the trailer for this cartoon that this network's running. It's a cool song, though, I like it.
Speaker 2: There's new music from Will Smith, you said yeah, and then Sick Puppies are from Brian. He used to be in a band called Glass Intrepid, Glass and Repid. He's now the lead singer of Sick Puppies. They have a new song out. I have that on the music blog page as well.
Speaker 4: All right, I was waiting to hear this song.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The Astros opened up the season with a win yesterday.
Speaker 5: They beat the Mets three to one.
Speaker 6: Bramber Valdez gave up no runs on four him, so for seven solid innings of work. Askers are gonna play the Mets again tonight, Hunter Brown, I'll be on the mound for the Strows going up against the Mets. Tyler McGill first pitches at seventen, and you can listen to the game on our sister stations at Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty KTRH. In college basketball, four teams punched their tickets to the Elite eight last night. Florida beat Maryland, Duke got by Arizona, Alabama took care of BYU, and Texas Tech.
Speaker 5: Beat Arkansas in overtime.
Speaker 6: There's four more Sweet Sixteen games tonight, starting at six or nine when Michigan State plays Ole. Miss Tennessee is gonna take on Kentucky. Then Auburn face Michigan, and wrapping up the night will be U of H when they take on per Due at nine to oh nine, Go coot. In the NBA, the Rockets gotta win. Last night they beat the Jazz one twenty.
Speaker 5: One to one.
Speaker 6: Ten Alpa and Shane Goon at thirty three points of the night deleate all players and scoring. They're gonna have a couple days off before they play the Suns on Sunday night. That is what's going on in sports, all right.
Speaker 18: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 5: The Bus, Bam Friday. You've got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right, Bam Friday, Right Bam Friday, and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 4: Ryan, Right, Right, Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 15: Good morning.
Speaker 4: Hello. Who's this? This is Ashley Hi, Ashley, Welcome to the show. How are you today?
Speaker 22: I'm fantastic.
Speaker 5: How about you?
Speaker 4: Great? I have a case of beer if you want it yours?
Speaker 23: Yes, I definitely do.
Speaker 4: It's Friday. Yeah, it's Friday. Thank you. It's a good reminder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Friday, Ashley. I thought maybe you would like some of those beers, so we're gonna get you a case.
Speaker 5: All right, Well that will go great with today.
Speaker 2: This is Ashley with an ey. Yeah, gotta keep all the I gotta try to keep all you. It's like the Joshus. The Joshuas are pretty standardized on how they spell it. You, Ashley's are not organized at all. You're all over the place, you know that, right? Yeah, we are got a couple of wingnut eigh.
Speaker 4: Is calling in.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like, I can't keep you guys straight, but you got the beer. Ashley with an e y. Where are you from? I'm from Houston.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, enjoy your beers. Have an awesome weekend. Okay you too, Thank you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: We got rain to deal with today, Ashley. One hundred percent chance of rain.
Speaker 2: Ten eleven twelve one yeah, yeah, seventy percent chances some thunderstorms tonight Saturday morning, clouds, afternoon sun, about a twenty percent chance of rain.
Speaker 4: High of eighty three. Kind of cloudy skies to deal with on Sunday again, eighty three. We got baseball back this weekend.
Speaker 2: Astro's gonna try to make it two in a row, taking on the Mets today at seven to ten.
Speaker 4: Kook's excited about this game. Actually really well, no, okay, I should be around. I should be able to check this out. Nine oh nine. Daddy can keep his eyes open. It's a late game. It's like the Marquee game. Yeah, the Kooks game. That's a big deal. All right, So it's a great time. Is there a golf tournament in town?
Speaker 5: The US Open?
Speaker 2: Right, so yeah, yeah, I could have sworn oil and gas. Greg sent me a video, was like, yeah, there's Rory McElroy.
Speaker 4: I'm like, he's in town the day before, the week before the mask. Yeah, they come here, so that's going on. They're dealing with a little bit of rain out there.
Speaker 2: What a time sports awesome. I saw this story, sent it over to Chile. I said, you know what, I think people are gonna want to see this. I said, put it on links and guests. This is for anybody out there that just you know, you don't feel like you're you're getting taken care of. It's gonna be a lot of people out there, but this I know we have a ton of plumbers that listen to the show. I'm just wondering, have you ever just dreamed of doing this? But then you got to ask you a question, ask yourselthing. Que who's in the wrong here? So a plumbing company in Indiana, they're in the news. Customer didn't pay. Nothing worse than service is being rendered. That service costs money, and then that service not being paid for. Yet they did the job. So the plumbing company in Indiana, customer didn't pay. They went back and reclogged their pipe. Oh, Alex's face just picked up. He loves us be Yeah. This ty bistro and bar in Evansville, right there in the Kentucky border. Their grease trap was overflowing, so they hired a company to come and deal with it. They cleared the clog two hundred and thirty five bucks and the restaurant paid, but then the pipe got clogged again. Three days later, the plumber came back, cleared the pipe a second time, charged them again, but charged them even more.
Speaker 4: It was worse.
Speaker 2: They charged three to ninety because it was an emergency, not during normal hours, and the restaurant refused to pay, saying they should.
Speaker 4: Stand behind their work.
Speaker 2: When you clear a when you clear a clogged pipe, is that hey, we got you now for ninety days.
Speaker 4: You know that pipe's going to stay clear. They think, I don't think they can control that.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they can yet.
Speaker 2: You know, I get it is my work warranted, but on a clogged pipe. I don't know how this works. So the restaurant refused to pay the three ninety, saying that you guys should stand behind your work. This is this is a part of that first clog. Still, the plumber came back the next day and reclogged it. How he accessed the pipe from outside installed a balloon so it wouldn't drain. Owner of the plumbing company claims the restaurant has a histor you being slow to pay their bills, so he wouldn't remove the balloon until they paid him. For the second time they cleared and charged them three ninety. The kitchen would have overflowed, so they had no choice. They coughed up the money. Now the complaint is out there with the Better Business Bureau. I don't know how this works. I think there should be some kind of warranty on your work. But can you control of what some it's a dishwasher throwing stuff down the drain, you know what I mean. He should be like clearing those plates a little better or something. I mean, I dealt with this at my restaurant years ago. So yeah, they just went in and said, you're.
Speaker 4: Not gonna pay. We're gonna clog that pipe for you for good. I'll let you know. I mean, can you do that?
Speaker 5: Bills?
Speaker 4: They did it. They did it.
Speaker 2: I imagine people are gonna want to talk about this. I can't wait for that one to hit our Facebook page and see your comments.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 4: You gotta take a short break when we come back and a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending.
Speaker 2: I've got one pair of tickets left to go check out BlackBerry Smoke Tonight seven one three.
Speaker 18: Music Halled Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, everybody, rod Ryan Jo got some great concert tickets coming your way. Where're we are an hour away from bringing you that new song from Lincoln Park.
Speaker 4: You know I'd love for you to hear it for the first time with us at A twenty.
Speaker 2: It is on links and guests on the music blog page today as well as some other really good new music. Got one hundred percent chance of rain today highs them around seventy four.
Speaker 4: Dolly, what's trending?
Speaker 5: Fanny Friday is trending?
Speaker 6: Submitted to us by our very own Chile, Houston's own Brooke Adams is our Fanny Friday feature and people are checking her out at the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 4: Where wait, Chili submitted this.
Speaker 5: Our Chili just submitted this.
Speaker 6: You can do that.
Speaker 4: He did do that.
Speaker 6: I guess Lee the hardest ten hour long a week rod Ryan Show employee. Hard is working ten hour long a week.
Speaker 5: Employee.
Speaker 4: Joyous, this is yours. Huh what did you submit the Fanny Friday today? Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was during the very very important Wizard meeting yesterday.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, like during the meeting you found this? Yeah? I was paying attention in wizards meeting.
Speaker 13: So this is what you do.
Speaker 4: What wizard's talking is wisdom. Yeah, I'm working. I'm working. It's for the show. Okay, it's a good one. Yeah, local too. And this is what this walks amongst us? Yeah, it walks amongst us.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 10: She just popped up on my feet from the rodeo and I saw that picture and I had to do some more investigating, and I was like, good load at Mersey.
Speaker 4: This guy's working for the people. Yes, guys working for the people.
Speaker 10: Y'all need to go check it out, because I mean, good Lord, have mercy. Okay, imagine if we can get her for reading my lips next week?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, you had already promised the fix the Graham girl Ford has an answer back.
Speaker 5: I think you both play.
Speaker 4: I think I think the two hundred dms I sent her not gonna help. All right, Well, what else is trending?
Speaker 5: The Sweet sixteen is trending?
Speaker 6: Florida, Duke, Alabama and Texas Tech all advanced last night, and you of h is gonna play per Due tonight at nine oh nine. And then earthquake is trending. An earthquake hit Mayan mar and Thailand overnight. At least three people are dead and dozens more are missing. After that happened, That is what's trending. On ninety four five the.
Speaker 2: Bush one pair of tickets left to go see BlackBerry Smoke tonight March twenty eighth, Right, that's today seven one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 4: Uh, if you would like to go call her number.
Speaker 2: Ten seven one, three, two two five nine four five. Quick email. I mean it's a real quick email, brother, Rod.
Speaker 4: For all that is holy, we haven't jumped around for three plus weeks. Play the damn song? Lol. I mean, when you.
Speaker 2: Start phrasing things like, for all that's holy, how am I gonna go? It's lense right now? How am I gonna go against that?
Speaker 5: So for all that's.
Speaker 2: Holy, whatever that means, there's house to pain and jump around for all that's holy ninety four or five, the bus.
Speaker 4: That was nice. That was nice, house of pain, jump around.
Speaker 2: A hundred percent chance of rain today, seventy percent chances of some thunderstorms tonight. The rest of the weekend, you're in that twenty to thirty percent chance of getting some showers keeping it.
Speaker 4: A little cooler though.
Speaker 2: And I mean it's eighties, low eighties, where it kind of should be. But tomorrow, like, for instance, morning clouds, afternoon sun.
Speaker 4: So the weekend is not a wash. Got some baseball hopefully in your future this weekend.
Speaker 2: Astro's Mets tonight seven ten, the Coops taking on Purdue at.
Speaker 4: Nine oh nine. I got phone lines ringing right now.
Speaker 2: There's a great concert going on tonight at the seven to one three Music Hall, one of my favorite venues.
Speaker 4: Now, good morning, Hello, Hello, Hello, hello, Hi, who's this.
Speaker 9: This is Frankie.
Speaker 2: Frankie be your color ten awesome if you can break free tonight. I got BlackBerry Smoke tickets for you. Seven Music.
Speaker 4: I am going.
Speaker 17: I am definitely going.
Speaker 11: I love them.
Speaker 4: You do love them? Okay, somebody else that loves this band. I love this band too, I really do. They're just great. They're just a good old rock band.
Speaker 9: Huh.
Speaker 4: I mean that's how I explained their music. They're just a rock band. Yes, they are awesome. They really are awesome. They are all right.
Speaker 2: Listen, Frankie, I'm the right person one today. Have a great time at that show.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you for night.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Frankie, hang on for me.
Speaker 2: I guess Alex if you you busted out the news on your latest past the Gravy pod, I did you? You saved the big announcement for that this week and then you kind of like you tacked it onto the show yesterday or I think it was yesterday. Yeah, he said, oh yeah, by the way, you know, there's another kid on the way and it's a girl like it was so matter of fact, it was so just thrown out there.
Speaker 5: Right ended the podcast and said, also my wife's pregnant.
Speaker 4: Huge dude, and then huge. Now you've heard the old well, you know that's eighteen years. Now, it's eighteen more years or is it longer?
Speaker 5: Probably longer.
Speaker 2: A full half of parents with adult kids say they give them regular financial assistance.
Speaker 4: You think that eighteen is going to be over that's that number.
Speaker 2: You know that it's still that number that we use that you know, you become an adult, You're not done.
Speaker 4: You're not done. I'm not done.
Speaker 2: Like I'm thinking, Okay, I'm accounting, Okay, London seven now boom, boom boom, do the math. It's like, okay, I can do this eleven more years and then boom, just like you know, just just cut it off.
Speaker 4: You think anything's getting cut off financially parents, it's the bank of mom and dad. It never goes away. Now listen, full disclosure.
Speaker 2: My parents helped me out a little bit, you know, like I had, I got a lot of financial aid to go to college, but I remember my dad helping me out, floating me some money for some books, and you know, I bought the used books that were just ravaged with highlighters. I mean like three and four different color highlighters, and like the whole book was highlighted. So I mean, you know, I got help from my parents too anywhere, was in college. But this whole continuing on the bank of mom and dad is getting worse and worse. According to savings dot Com, parents are shelling out for their kids over eighteen on average, Moms and dads are given on average, half of parents with adult kids over fourteen hundred dollars a month. Damn, that's a lot of money. That's a lot of money. It's like, that's a lot. Everyone's got their own things going on, and there's different circumstances.
Speaker 4: And all of that.
Speaker 2: But you got to get off the teat you do. You got to get off the teet. That's up from forty seven percent now it's half. It's fifty percent of parents with adult kids giving them regular financial assistance, up from forty seven percent last year forty five percent twenty twenty three. The numbers are going the wrong way, parents, The numbers are going the wrong way if you've got young kids, all right, So these moms and dads, what are they helping out with Number one thing? To help out with his groceries? Number two sell phones. I know a lot of people man like even I don't want to say I will say it embarrassingly old people that are on like cell phone plans.
Speaker 4: It's just like, I don't know, I didn't bring it up. I'm not gonna say anything. I'm on the cell phone plan.
Speaker 2: A mom and dad still health insurance, rent, mortgage, cars, tuitions, schools, parents helping out with their kids vacations. Now, that was never gonna happen. Hey, you know my you know here I am coming in as a you know, a twenty one, twenty two year old. Hey, you know I was thinking of going to can Con. You know, maybe you guys could.
Speaker 5: Help out a little bit with like front mills, if you.
Speaker 2: Guys want to help out with my can Coon fund. I can't imagine how hard I get laughed out of that room. Growing up with either one of my parents, Yeah, those student loans, I was.
Speaker 4: On the hook for that stuff. That was just something that, okay, you want to go to school. I walked in. I know you had a different situation. I walked in and I remember telling my mom, I said Hey, I want to go to college. She's like, what, Like, you're Ryan, what are you talking about. We'll do that.
Speaker 2: I want to go to college for what music? You know, I thought I was going to be this music guy. She's like, with what money?
Speaker 4: There's just no there was no putting stuff away, like, oh, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I'm would put money away when my kids go to college and have this nice little fun for them ready to go.
Speaker 4: It's just a different time. It was a different, different situation in my place. So that's what you got to look forward to.
Speaker 2: I imagine by by the time your kids hit that eighteen mark, eighteen twenty years from now, it's gonna be one hundred.
Speaker 4: Percent of parents, I'm gonna be financing, yeah, and funding their kids. So these kids are on the teat and never leaving. It's free.
Speaker 14: Dear Friday, Friday, Lron Ryan Show on ninety four The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Shine Down, Dead, Don't Die, Shine Down in Town. August twenty seventh, Toyota Cents Here, Bush and Morgan Weed on that show.
Speaker 4: Chili's got tickets for you, don't worry. It's the Dance Kid Dance tour.
Speaker 2: He's got those tickets for you on know the show though, so he's gonna make you wait the entire show. You got to listen to everything because Alex asks you a question I know the show, and you don't know.
Speaker 4: What he's going to draw from. You don't know if he's gonna be talking about that plumber that reclogged it reclogged up the uh, the pipe.
Speaker 2: You don't know if it's gonna be the parents that are financially supporting the children. You don't know what he's gonna ask you about something that's in the Houston's headlines. Could be who somebody's got new music out tonight today. You don't know this guy wait till the end of the show to win those tickets. All right, one hundred percent chance of rain today, HIESI around seventy four. If there's one community that really wants to be recognized when we get these emails, it's the disc golfers. They really feel like, dude, you need to take a look at us, like we've got some stuff going on in town.
Speaker 4: You really need to take a.
Speaker 5: Look at what we're doing overins Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they feel like they're a little underserved they don't get the recognition that they'd like.
Speaker 6: They get about as much recognition like pickleball people also, I think, are the same way.
Speaker 4: Whatever you're playing, you're into it, you know, and you know you wouldn't like you wouldn't mind a little bit more shine on what it is you're doing. Joshua Hiller, one of our great josh.
Speaker 2: Is I want to give a shout out to everyone in Houston playing in the thirtieth Annual Texas State Disc Golf Championship today.
Speaker 5: Is he playing in it?
Speaker 4: Of course he's playing it. Kidding me, of course you get into Is the frog's ass water tight? Of course he's playing in this thing.
Speaker 2: Chris band Griff is the tournament director and working his butt off getting three hundred and seventy six players organized across nine courses each day of the next three days and bringing in lots of revenue to the city. What kind of revenue you guys bringing in to this city of Houston. Is it something like like what the Shell Houston opens bringing in It's some big sponsorships. Would love for folks to come out and watch. It's a great support, cheap to play, welcoming community. They are they do seem pretty welcoming. They're like, you want to come down and.
Speaker 4: Play, Come on down. They're not going to pull the old Oh now you want to get involved with disc golf. They don't seem like that. They seem like, come on in, see what we're doing, find out what's going on over here. This is really fun, good for all skill levels and physical abilities. I would call in for open phones, but I'll be busy playing myself, be busy banking chains. Baby, it's Josh, our friend in League City playing the north Side Christian Church sock SoC both shoes at once. I love my slip ons.
Speaker 2: It is not lost on me that that guy is slipping into his sketchers going to play disc golf.
Speaker 4: That right?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 17: Is that?
Speaker 4: How we long with the slip ons? I think?
Speaker 2: So, yeah, you don't gonna bend over anymore to put shoot, like, just slip them in. You know, got TV Terry Bradshaw just slipping into those sketches.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm blowing out his back, all right.
Speaker 2: I bought a set of discs Frisbees whatever that well it was. You know there's the different sizes, there's you know clubs. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's there's the putting one and then there's the one for the distance, and I don't know, it was like a four or five pack. It was that academy. I just said, you know what, maybe I haven't touched it. I mean it's been years. They're just sitting there. I've got I've got the goods. Just I've gotten the invitations to go. I just I'm oddly interested in playing disc golf.
Speaker 4: I'd like to go and do it. Have you ever done it?
Speaker 5: In college, we did a couple of times that like a park that had a court, a sort.
Speaker 4: Of a course there walking around drinking beers.
Speaker 6: It was I did a news story if I can find it on YouTube, and I posted on our on our x account. But it was called the Shawshank Course up in Huntsville, and it was named after just different things from the movie Shawshank Redemption. And if you when you went to a play, they gave you like a it looked like a prison jumpsuit.
Speaker 5: Really play it.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's cool? All right? Well, shout out to everybody in the uh thirtieth Annual Texas State Disc Golf Championship going down today. Good luck, banging chains, banging chains all right banging those chades. Houston's rocking alternatives. The Rod l Morning Show six to ten am ninety four or.
Speaker 2: Five ninety four or five The Buzz who was thereing crawling in the dark, Good Morning brod Ryan Show. Five percent chance of rain today, Yeah, Hive seventy four. Got a seventy percent chance with thunderstorms later on It morning clouds, afternoon sun tomorrow with a twenty percent chance of rain.
Speaker 4: High of eighty three. It's kind of what you're gonna get for Saturday and Sunday. Next hour.
Speaker 2: I'm super excited about that new Lincoln Park song. I've done my best to try to stay away from it. I've heard little clips of it here and there.
Speaker 4: I know you got it coming up.
Speaker 2: You're gonna talk about it a little bit. I've been trying not to listen too much. I haven't heard much. So to hear the whole thing live on the air with you guys all of the radio the way you're supposed to hear new music, that's exciting to me. So that's coming your way in around eight twenty this morning. I will get to some a Wall Nation tickets in the eight o'clock hour as well, and then you get you know, nine o'clock. Well, I got more beer coming up at eight. I got more beer at nine, and then after that, boom, It's open phones Friday. Alex right now has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 6: Dozens are missing after a deadly seven point seven magnitude earthquake rock Mayan, mar and Thailand.
Speaker 5: At least three people have been killed and many others were hurt. A building in Bangkok collapsed.
Speaker 6: The US Geological Survey is reporting that the epicenter of the quake was in Mandalay, Myanmar, but that at least one person was killed when a building was under construction in Bangkok, Thailand collapse. The amount of people still trapped under the level is unknown. The US Department of Health Human Services announced plans yesterday to cut approximately ten thousand full time positions, reducing its workforce from eighty two thousand to sixty two thousand employees. This decision follows earlier reductions achieved through buyout offers and early retirements, bringing the total reduction to twenty thousand.
Speaker 5: HHS Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Juniors stated that these measures aim.
Speaker 6: To streamline operations and refocus the department's mission towards combating chronic disease. The restructuring is going to consolidate the current twenty eight divisions into fifteen, and the number of regional offices will be reduced from ten to five. These changes are projected from Rejected to save taxpayers one point eight billion dollars. So far, there have been eighty seven days in the year twenty twenty five, with roughly sixty two of them being workdays.
Speaker 5: But how many days do you have to work before you need a vacation?
Speaker 6: According to a new survey, these are the top signs that people need vacations. Feeling burnt out, daydreaming about a trip, getting irritated with others, feeling fatigued, having low energy even on the weekends, feeling brain fog completely forgetting tasks, misplacing items, making mistakes at work, and checking emails even when.
Speaker 5: You're off the clock.
Speaker 4: Cool, We need another vacation, Yeah, check the boxes on all of those. I mean, is there anyone out there that would answer the question. No, no, no, I'm good. I don't need a vacation.
Speaker 5: Of course I can't go on vacation, there's that, But.
Speaker 4: Is there anyone out there that walks around saying I don't need a vacation. No, I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I mean even after you get on vacation, after you get hold for vacation, you're like, you're all wiped out.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, is that happening again? For months? Yeah, you know, you start feeling that way already.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: I think most people, there's a lot of people that are leaving vacations on the The one thing that I don't understand is the people that leave the vacations on the table.
Speaker 4: My old man did this. My dad never took vacation. He got vacation at work at the factory. He just worked through them.
Speaker 2: He couldn't that time and a half in double time. He couldn't walk from that. It was a sickness. He couldn't walk from it. He's like, well, if I work, I get vacation pay and my regular pay bank that money away.
Speaker 4: And then he died. Yeah, he was retired for six months and he died.
Speaker 2: Never spent any of that money. So he should have taken the vacations. That's the one thing I learned from him. Does not don't don't do what he did.
Speaker 5: He's probably trying to save that money up for you guys.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I don't know what he was going to do with it. We don't We'll never know.
Speaker 6: Megan Fox gave birth to a baby girl yesterday with her ex fiance Machine Gun Kelly MGK posted a black and white clip holding the newborn's hand and said quote, She's finally here, our little celestial seed, and an Instagram story. MGK added, we composed the score of the birth. She was born into four hundred and thirty two hertz. What an epic journey.
Speaker 5: Praise God.
Speaker 6: This is Fox's first daughter. She shares three sons with her ex husband, Brian Austin Green, and it's mgk's second child. He shares a fifteen year old daughter with an ex girlfriend. So congratulations to the two of them.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put you on the spot. Megan Fox and MGK are they together?
Speaker 5: Ex fiance?
Speaker 4: So is that what it is? Okay?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay?
Speaker 2: They were engaged to be married, right, Okay, Well, maybe the kid will bring them together.
Speaker 5: Maybe, you know, stranger things have happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, well, good luck to those kids.
Speaker 6: Lincoln Park has released a new song and accompanying music video called Up from the Bottom. The track marks the band's first new music since the arrival of the From Zero comeback album last November. In a recent interview with Billboard, Lincoln Park's Joe Hahn called Up from the Bottom quote the best song we've ever made, while bandmate Mike Shinoda added that it's one of the best videos we've ever had. From the Bottom is gonna be here on a deluxe edition of From Zero that comes out on May sixteenth, and we'll be able to hear it here on this show at eight twenty.
Speaker 4: At least some of that stuff is being cleared up.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, when I talked about we're gonna get new music from Lincoln Park, I said, this is not a new release from their already previously you know, out there album.
Speaker 4: It's a new song that went out recorded.
Speaker 2: So I mean, right now, obviously they're getting along, they're feeling good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, get it out of here. I don't want to hear anymore. We're gonna listen to the whole thing at A twenty this morning. We'll take your calls.
Speaker 2: This is the other song I was anticipating today, Welcome Back Astros first win of the season opening day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they beat the Mets yesterday three to one. Framber Valdez gave up no runs on four. It's over seven solid innings of work and play the Mets again tonight. Hunter Brown is gonna be on the mountain for the Shore. Let's going up against the Mets. Tyler McGill first pitches at seven ten, and you can listen to the game on our sister stations, Sports Talks seven ninety and News Radio seven KTRH. In college basketball, four teams punch their tickets to the Elite eight last night. Florida beat Maryland, Duke got by Arizona, Alabama took care of BYU, and Texas Tech beat Arkansas in overtime. There are four more Sweet Sixteen games tonight, starting at six h nine when Michigan State plays Ole Miss, Then Tennessee takes on Kentucky, Auburn faces Michigan, and wrapping up the night at nine oh nine, U of H plays per Due. In the NBA, the Rockets gotta win last night. They beat the Jazz one twenty one to one. Ten Alpa and Shingoon at thirty three points of the night's lead.
Speaker 5: All players in scoring.
Speaker 6: They're gonna have a couple days off before playing the Suns on Sunday night in Phoenix.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, let's go, I mean one more hour of our regular show and then open phones Friday. So everything you got, you gotta cram it into this hour because you guys are going to take up the whole last hour. But man, that new Lincoln Park cannot wait. Like I said, I'll sprinkle in some Awall Nation tickets somewhere in there, and then yeah, we'll give away another case of beer.
Speaker 5: Rock and Alternative Fair Houston, The Ryan Morning.
Speaker 4: Show six to ten am.
Speaker 23: The Buzz, Smooth, Cold Bull Song, conon Ry Cook, the Phone, run them Buck of Cone, screaming.
Speaker 4: Boss Conner North. Come on.
Speaker 8: Friday, Friday, Friday. You got a free bare Friday, Bare Friday, Right bare Friday, Right bare Friday, Right bare Friday.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show, Good morning Yo.
Speaker 24: Who's this missus?
Speaker 4: Leslie? How are you today? Leslie?
Speaker 1: I am great? How are you awesome?
Speaker 4: Thank you for asking? Where are you from?
Speaker 1: I'm from Conroe.
Speaker 4: Would you like a case of beer today? Yet?
Speaker 1: There would?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 4: This is it's Friday, guys, yeah, let him roll, yeah, let him roll over there. Okay, enough, we gotcha.
Speaker 2: Can I get a bell in my life? Leslie, you've got the third case of beer today.
Speaker 4: Thanks for our friends over at est Specs.
Speaker 2: All right, yes, third, Now, if you're living Conroe, you spend most of your time and the things that you do and you live your life. You live there, so you spend you know, your time in Conroe. Do you find yourself going into the Woodlands much?
Speaker 4: I kind of live in between the Woodlands and Conro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know where the lines are. I can't see anything. I can't see any signs. There's too many trees, so I don't know like where the cutoff and where things start and begin and end up there.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm just curious. Woodland's just got a pretty high honor. We'll talk about that in a second, Leslie. Congratulations, man, enjoy your beers, have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Okay, third, thanks Leslie, Thank you. Woodlands was just listed as the number two best place to live in America on a pretty damn big list. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: The eleventh annual ranking of the best places to Live in America just came out top cities, neighborhoods, and suburbs in the country. They looked at livable cities the population of one hundred thousand or more. So these aren't just like little. You can't be just teeny tiny.
Speaker 1: It's not fair.
Speaker 4: It's fair, it's not fair to sample them.
Speaker 2: You look at affordability, the quality of the schools, the crime rates, the housing trends, the walkability, the employment stats, and the access to different amenities. For the second euro Naperville, Illinois was number one. That is a suburb of Chicago. I believe so number one. They say affordable housing and the public schools are great there and easy access to outdoor activities, and you know, believe it or not, they do have nice.
Speaker 4: Summers up there up North.
Speaker 2: Coming in second, congratulations, Woodlands, Texas.
Speaker 4: The number two best city to live in America.
Speaker 2: It earns an eight plus for their public schools and being a good place for families, and Texas did really well overall.
Speaker 1: On this thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they're given away in Plano, Texas. Plano winds up on so many damn lists. It's like, you know how I used to get so upset. I would get so mad that Austin would be on all of these lists of like this awesome place to be and I've never been in such a big city here Houston, and people are like, oh, they're talking about how cool a smaller city is.
Speaker 4: It's like, I get it.
Speaker 2: I think Austin's cool too, But I think we're pretty dope right here. I think we're pretty awesome. This thing, this whole list was pretty good for Texas. Texas found was found to be the most affordable state to live in overall, the most spots in the top one hundred for best cities to buy a house and cities with the lowest cost of living, but Plano came in at number six. Those were the two Woodlands in Plano were the two Texas cities that were in the top ten. I see Plaino all the time. I don't know anything about it. I think it's above like north of Dallas, and that's all I know. Probably a lot of money there, probably a lot of money that must be that.
Speaker 4: It must be just I don't know.
Speaker 2: Listen, the Woodlands is awesome. I talked about it around Christmas time. I did when I did the Yetti Store and you know that market place and that whole area for krying out a loud.
Speaker 4: You could have filmed a Hallmark movie there. It was right out of a Christmas card. I mean it was, it was. It was Charles Dickens, it was. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: And you can't say that you're severed from all the great stuff that happens because you got the Woodlands Pavilion right there.
Speaker 4: You got all the concerts, so that's a huge plus.
Speaker 2: The problem with getting far out obviously you're far out from football and I'm talking to the pro teams. You know, you got to come in here to the city to go to an Astros game. It's it's a hall I mean you almost got.
Speaker 4: To like stay here the night or something to drive back to the Woodlands. It's too much.
Speaker 2: But you got all those concerts, and eventually I imagine you figure out where the CBS is because there's no signs, you can't find anything. There's trees everywhere, so I imagine you figure out finally where the stuff is that you need to go to. And it's probably pretty cool. Every time I the Wiolds, I'm like, wow, I need to spend more time here. It's just it gets away from you, you know, the problem for me and the thing and why I think. You know, everybody loves where A lot of people love where they live. I love the heights, and I wish I would have moved there years ago. It's the accessibility to doing stuff downtown. I can get on forty five, I can get places. I feel like it is the absolute best location in the city to get around to do things. I mean, you're right next to the city. People that are river Oaks people burn the whole thing down. The whole thing needs to come down. Okay, the traffic. I got stuck in there the other day, which should have taken me fifteen minutes to get out of.
Speaker 4: The river Oaks took me a half. It took me an hour. It's just it gets so congested. It's not ready for all those cars. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: Beautiful homes and all of that stuff, but I'm telling you it's not the most desirable area.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I know you guys that live in river Oaks, it's beautiful, but you're trapped. You're trapped in there. That's the worst part about it. Trying to navigate that at four or five o'clock.
Speaker 4: Forget about it. So shout out to the Woodlands. Congratulations, the number two place to live in the US. It is great up there. It is great.
Speaker 2: We'll be up there for Buzzfest. We'll be up there for a lot of great concerts. You got that new Lincoln Park I do.
Speaker 4: Can we play it next?
Speaker 5: We sure can, and you still get.
Speaker 4: To hear the whole song? Did you twin listen to it yet?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll put it on.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the Rod Ryan Show premiere of the brand new Lincoln Park song, and we'll take calls.
Speaker 4: We'll listen to it. It's supposed to be an absolute banger. I'm sure it is. I can't wait. We're gonna have it for you next Rock and Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am. Yeah, that's nuts, man. Well there it is.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it. There's Lincoln Park up from the bottom. Alex has it in and ready to go. I can't wait to play this song for you guys.
Speaker 4: Rocking out all week. He's had some great new music, man, I know this one's not gonna disappoint, So we're gonna put that one on for you.
Speaker 2: All the information about this Lincoln Park song is on the music blog page right now. I know we're dealing with some pesky rain today highs of around seventy four.
Speaker 4: What's trimming?
Speaker 6: Yolanda Saldivar is subodying the woman who murdered Selena was denied parole yesterday, got to wait at least another five years before she is available for parole. And Monday is going to mark the thirtieth anniversary of US and losing Stan.
Speaker 4: I don't think she would last long on the outside.
Speaker 5: Probably not. You know, maybe it was a good thing.
Speaker 4: She can't get still really raw for people. Thirty years it's raw for people still.
Speaker 6: Fanny Friday continues to trend. Listen to on Brooke Adams submitted to US by Chile is crushing it right now?
Speaker 4: You want to go next level with this? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 4: Okay, Jamie, this guy's just plugged in. He knows everything. Rod, you do know your Fanny Friday. Brook Adams is famous.
Speaker 2: She's a former TNA Wrestling Knockouts Woman's Champion.
Speaker 4: She was in the WWE as well. Jamie knows this stuff. I don't know how I didn't. I don't know what's it like just walking around knowing everything. Jamie's one of those guys that knows these types of things. Yeah, so yeah, this is I think people know that she's kind of famous, but this is Houston walking amongst us at the rodeo. She went to go see post belows and that little red number she's wearing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, looking good, Okay, looking good. Thailand earthquake, it's been trending all morning.
Speaker 6: Set A seven point seven magnitude earth quake hit Thailand and Maya and mar overnight, leaving dozens missing or dead. And yeah, that's what's training and not even father lies.
Speaker 4: This is a brand new Lincoln Park song.
Speaker 2: It's not a throwaway from the last recording session. It's not another release off of that recording session. They went in and recorded a brand new song and it's gonna be on some expanded edition coming up.
Speaker 4: All we need to know is let's get it on. Uh, here we go. It's called Up from the Bottom. I believe there's a little intro for it.
Speaker 2: I will open up phone lines. Do you want to talk Lincoln Park after this? I'm willing to talk about it because I want to talk about the song myself. As I listened for the first time, what's up?
Speaker 6: This is Mike Snoda from Lincoln Park check out our new song up from the bottom right now.
Speaker 4: It's the iHeartRadio World premiere.
Speaker 22: Inside of seas like absolutely breathing.
Speaker 8: Every inside stop stay see.
Speaker 4: You could don't keep me down down.
Speaker 8: We never got a name, open the eyes and when nothing is the same, change a little kind of change.
Speaker 4: That's gonna realize that there's no one to.
Speaker 22: Play you keep me way, I suck side, No, don't miss my pocket. Oh my president feels like a nine postem sid socket.
Speaker 5: Bris. Listen, we can never.
Speaker 4: Got a name, open the eyes. No, nothing's gonna change.
Speaker 14: Change something amount of drains as I.
Speaker 4: Realized, and there's no one does to play you keep me?
Speaker 8: I mean everybody out that devil is coming to pushing all his lips and his words being nothing's cool like amount of time.
Speaker 4: Father never loved him, Mama said, is bad enough.
Speaker 8: Times had his selt and everybody yet Dad, Devil's coming promise you with the world.
Speaker 13: Buddy's always bluff him before you even always trumped.
Speaker 4: You're stuck here and he's gone like a coast already off running.
Speaker 3: Down here so far below.
Speaker 4: Standing up from the bottom. Up from the ninety four five buzz brand new music from Lincoln Park. It's called Up from the Bottom. What are you saying?
Speaker 2: Mister Han was saying that was he feels that's the best song they've ever recorded. Okay, Mike Shinoda stopped shy of saying that, but he did say this might be the best video we've ever made. Lincoln Park has always been a really, really good video band. I got the video for you. It's on the music blog page. There's a bunch of really cool new music.
Speaker 4: Out today, but I don't love it.
Speaker 2: Andy of it's as good as this. This is awesome Lincoln Park Up from the Bottom, Alex. Finally we got a chance to listen to the whole song go Ahead.
Speaker 5: I really liked it.
Speaker 6: I thought it was better than an emptiness Machine, which was like, they're really like the Internet.
Speaker 5: I liked it a lot better than that.
Speaker 4: Emily sounds more comfortable, I think, so.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's what it was like she say on the album, So let's go back, let's do one more thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just thought I thought it was great. I felt there was a little bit more of a settling in. I love this Lincoln Park stuff. This has always been what we're listening to right now. I don't know if this is fair. Do you listen to these songs wondering? Okay, you can almost hear Chester singing her parts. Yeah, I did that from empty right from the beginning with Emptiness Machine, Like, okay, you know you can tell you know what Chester would have sounded like on these songs.
Speaker 4: This is my favorite version. It's the it's the perfect mix of the two vocals together the songs.
Speaker 2: I think they're doing a great job. I think Mike Shanoda is probably peaking right now. Okay, it's always kind of been his band, you know, it really has chess.
Speaker 5: We're just so talented that, yes.
Speaker 2: But Mike is just he's allowing his parts to kind of really take on a life of their own. And Mike's always Mike Shanoda has always been there on those songs. But just like I tell you, my favorite Blinkwin eighty two songs are almost the fifty to fifty vocal songs, you know, and that goes all the way back to when Kiss and Gene and Paul were trading off vocals. Like that's my favorite versions of those bands. This is my favorite version of Lincoln Park when they're doing this and the vocals are almost fifty to fifty Trading Off.
Speaker 4: I love it. I absolutely, I think it's just I think it's unbelievable. I really do.
Speaker 2: This is gonna go down like Van Halen. This is gonna go down like ac DC. Van Halen didn't lose the lead singer. Ac DC did lose their singer and they put in Brian Johnson and they put one of the biggest albums of all time back in black.
Speaker 4: This is gonna go down as a band that just picked up the pieces and moved on and boomed. And this is gonna be our version for the next twenty years, you know. And it's awesome. Logan, good morning, Hey mar brother Rod, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing well. We're kind of just listening to this Lincoln Park song. Some of you have already heard it, and that's great. This is the first time that we've heard it.
Speaker 4: What about you?
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, that's the first.
Speaker 21: Time I heard it on the radio, and uh, I thought it was okay. If I hadn't known it was Lincoln Park beforehand, I would have known that that was them and this guy kind of new vibe to it. I'm not gonna say it's bad or it's good. I'm just kind of neutral, but uh, I'm gonna go watch a music video now.
Speaker 13: He mentioned it, because they do put some scared news videos out there.
Speaker 4: The second you hear Mike Shanoda's voice, you're not saying that's Lincoln Park.
Speaker 13: Once he came on, I.
Speaker 21: Kind of knew it. Yeah, okay, it's just they've kind of got a different vibe than what they usually do.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, I appreciate the call logan, Thank you, David. Your next up? Good morning?
Speaker 16: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 4: Good morning? And I'm doing well? What you got?
Speaker 2: The name of the song good h is up from the bottom. It's new, It's brand new from Lincoln Park.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, I really liked it.
Speaker 4: It actually reminded me kind of a little bit of None or what I've done.
Speaker 11: It had a little bit of the same tones into or the same kindibilody.
Speaker 4: But I liked it a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think that they've done anything to isolate their fan base other than just Chester is not available, you know. But as far as like the sound of the music, and you know, this stuff sounds like it's been in a vault to me.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I would have known it was Lincoln Park just from the beginning of it. Yeah, awesome, Thank you, David. I appreciate the call. How's that you're next up? Hey, Good morning, brother Ron, Good morning, brother Jose. What do you think about this new Lincoln Park song?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 25: I was, as I was just telling seen it.
Speaker 4: It was incredible.
Speaker 25: I mean, when the Intimation Emptiness Machine came.
Speaker 4: Out, I loved her.
Speaker 11: I love the way that the introduced her at the Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this song, it's it's great. I really really liked it.
Speaker 25: Mike Shanoda's vocals when he's rapping at that last part when he said when he's when the music cuts out and everything, Yeah, running, that's just ric. She's running, and she sounds incredible, Like I was saying, she sounds more more comfortable. The music video was really good too, great song.
Speaker 4: Really liked it. I appreciate the call, Jose, thank you. Let's get one more.
Speaker 2: Hey, Don, good morning, Good morning Don. I'm curious your thoughts on the Lincoln Park song.
Speaker 16: So I like it.
Speaker 4: Everything's good about it, y'all the buzz pushed out the best music.
Speaker 2: Well, we're just kind of, you know, we're playing the stuff that these great artists are currently putting out right now, man, we're in a great time.
Speaker 4: We're in a great time of some new music. I mean I keep saying it all the time. You know, the popa Roach stuff, the Shinedown stuff, Breaking Benjamin, the Chevelle stuff.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I always got to mention that three Days Grace that I love. There is such great new music right now, and then it doesn't get any bigger than this. Man, It's Lincoln Park up from the bottom. Thank you, don I appreciate the call. Thank you guys all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a banger. Wizard's bang it all day. We all agree. Ninety four five experience Fincher into the cosmic.
Speaker 2: Mis of us. Okay, ninety four or five The Buzz Green Days, Longview, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, eight thirty eight.
Speaker 4: Dealing with some pesky rain today. That's all right. The rest of the weekend doesn't seem to be a washout, which is good news. I help You're off through a great start to your day. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Astros Mets tonight at seven ten Coog's Tonight, nineh.
Speaker 4: Nine Nignight, Bignight. We were just congratulating the Woodlands, Texas.
Speaker 2: Congratulations man, that's huge man, And the number two best place to live in America. I mean, you know it's one list, but still that's a big deal to be mentioned in there. I don't know if you will believe this or you won't believe it. Does it make you happy? The worst cities for allergy sufferers Houston not at the top of the list, not in the top ten.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, I didn't see us in the top twenty. Is that even believable?
Speaker 2: All I all I saves is like I'm walking around talking to people and I think I am like one of these latent life allergy guys. Now number one was Wichita, Kansas. New Orleans came in at number two. Texas, like Dallas gets into the teams. Houston not top twenty as now we're in the you know, spring is kicked off. There's a inch of yellow crud on everything that I own that's sitting outside right now. Can't sit on one thing, can't sit on any rocker or chair or anything that's in my yard until I get out there.
Speaker 4: Well, that is an excuse to get out there and get the powerwash you're working, you know, But I mean you could hear it in my voice, like Nork right now, It's like I can tell you're congested. I'm congested. I never really suffered from.
Speaker 2: Allergies, nor have I not been. You know, I went and got it, you know, mold and cats and all of that. I got checked years ago for that kind of stuff. But I'm noticing it worse and worse, and apparently we don't have it as bad as most places, so that's.
Speaker 4: A good thing. I don't know if any of you believe that list, but we're fine here, guys. Not a big deal.
Speaker 18: Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five, the.
Speaker 2: Bus ninety four, buzz bat Omens and just pretend Rob Ryan's Show, Free Beer Friday.
Speaker 4: We're gonna close it up with our fourth and final case of beer.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Specs coming up in about nine minutes, so sit tight for that. Then we'll flip everything over to you. It'll become open phones Friday. You guys will get the entire land, so we'll just talk. We'll find out what you guys want to talk about. What cheap plugs you want to get in there. They're real cheap today they're free. And then we'll leave you with shine down tickets.
Speaker 4: Thank you. To thank you to everybody that took the time to email me.
Speaker 2: I say the good and the bad. There was one or two that not everybody's on board with this new Lincoln Park.
Speaker 4: It's understandable.
Speaker 2: I understand that this is the band that it meant so much to so many people, and Chester was a huge part of what meant a lot to people about the band Lincoln Park. I sent all those emails over a radio wizard, so I always appreciate you guys and your thoughts. We got rain today, one hundred percent chance of rain. It's nasty high today of around seventy four. The rest of the weekend not a washout. We got twenty twenty five percent chance of rain both Saturday and Sunday morning clouds Tomorrow afternoon sun high of eighty three. So it looks like we'll be able to get out a little bit and get after it on a Saturday. Alex one final time Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Please well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 6: Dozens are missing after a deadly seven point seven magnitude earthquake rock to Mayan Maar and Thailand. At least three people have been killed and many others were hurt when a building in Bangkok collapsed. The US Geological Survey is reporting that the epicenter of the quake was in Mandalay Mayan, mar but that at least one person was killed when a building that was under construction in Bangkok, Thailand collapsed. The amount of people still trapped under the rubble is currently unknown. President Donald Trump signed an executive order yesterday directing the Smithsonian Institution to review its exhibits and educational programs for what he calls improper ideology. The order requires the Smithsonian to ensure that its content aligns with patriotic values and does not promote political bias. Critics argue that the directive could lead to censorship of historical and scientific content, particularly regarding topics like civil rights, climate change, and the history of marginalized groups. The Smithsonian, which operates independently from the federal governm, has not yet commented on how it will respond. The baby brand Freeda will debut a breast milk flavored ice cream later this year. The brand said on its Instagram that it's quote do in nine months if not made with actual breast milk, just the breast milk flavored and they say it tastes sweet and nutty with a hint of salt. It also has some nutrients as that real breast milk has as well. They claim that everyone's secretly wondered what breast milk tastes like, so they expect it to be popular and joke that.
Speaker 5: It will be that people will be pumped to try it.
Speaker 4: Tuesday is April Fool's Day, dude. People don't wait for that day anymore to get their little to get their little mini haha. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: And there's just too many puns in there. It's very punny. Yeah, I'm familiar with the brand. I think they make car seats.
Speaker 5: I have a baby Freda. It's like a cure eg for formula. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, yeah, I know the name, the Freedom name was around or the nose Freedom where I sucked.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's where I sucked up my kid's snots.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, okay, she gave me one of those.
Speaker 2: That's her go to gift. She gave me that same gift, good gift. I was sucking my kid's snots out of her nose. They can't do it themselves.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's got a little stop right in it too, which is good. Yeah, so you don't have to like worry about it getting in your mouth.
Speaker 4: I just feel like we're being punked on this one.
Speaker 17: I do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But also like I know that there was a story a while ago about it was like a whole Reddit forum where they were trying to get breast milk for bodybuilders.
Speaker 5: Bodybuilders were like, yo, if he's got an extra breast milk, like, hit me up. It's good for like bodybuilding.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there's people that do.
Speaker 6: I don't know, somebody, if you, if you build it, they will come And I bet you somebody is going to be trying this.
Speaker 4: The only thing that makes sense to me is there's no real breast milk in this, No real breast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they couldn't. There's just no way you could. You couldn't regulate that. So that's the one thing that kind of makes it seem like it might be real.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: This might be one of those things where okay, and then one store in which it ta Keynsas is gonna be selling it. Yeah, so that's what we're setting ourselves up for here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can still have to be notified when you can place your orders at Freda dot com, but the ice cream won't be on sale until December, hence nine months from now.
Speaker 19: This one they.
Speaker 4: Expected another thing that it just seems like it's a joke.
Speaker 6: On a podcast, Kelly Clarkson said that she didn't realize The American Idol was a TV show until her third audition. Clarkson, who was on the first season of the show, said that when she started taping her early auditions, no one even knew what the show was, let alone how successful it would become. She also said that people were mean to her back in the day despite her winning because she was from a talent show, and said that some of those people went on to be coaches on The Voice but she didn't name any names. Interesting, but that does give you a pool to choose from. Yeah, she's about as big as the star as you could be. Right now, I think Jennifer Hudson it was a voice judge. She said it wasn't her because she was also America Hernil right, yes, so she couldn't have been.
Speaker 5: So that's one that's not yep.
Speaker 6: So anybody besides Jennifer Hudson looking at you, Yeah, you could.
Speaker 4: Have been an asshole to Kelly Clarkson back in the day.
Speaker 5: Honestly, Like, how can you hate Kelly Clarkson? She just seems like the sweetest person ever.
Speaker 4: She's pretty likable, she really is.
Speaker 2: She's been through some stuff too, Chubby Thinn doesn't matter, Yeah, it doesn't matter. She's super likable, you know what I mean. She seems cool. I'd love to hang out with her. I'd love to hang out with her and her wayfair. I'd like to get away fair.
Speaker 4: I'd like to get a friends and family wayfair discount from her.
Speaker 5: Pretty sick.
Speaker 6: Evan Essence has released a news song titled Afterlife, and it was co written by lead singer Amy Lee and producer Alex Seaver. An alternate version of the song is gonna be featured multiple times in Netflix's upcoming animated series Devil May Cry, which is based on the popular Capcom video game. The song is available now on all major streaming platforms, and the series soundtrack album will be released on April third.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: This is it. Amy Lee's gonna sing like this when she's seventy. She's gonna be like she did that. You know who she is. She's our Ann Wilson of heart. Oh yeah, just the voice never ever disintegrated, ever at all. Bet all right, here we go. Astros will win on opening day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they opened up the season with a win, beating the Mets three to one.
Speaker 6: Fra Ra Valdez gave up no runs on just four hits over seven solid innings of work. The Astros are gonna play the Mets again tonight. Hunter Brown will be on the mount for this shows going up against the Mets. Tyler McGill first pitched at seventen and you can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and.
Speaker 5: News Radio seven KTRH.
Speaker 6: In college basketball, four teams punch of their tickets to the Elite eight last night. Florida beat Maryland, Duke got by Arizona. Alabama took care of BYU in Texas Tech beat Arkansas in overtime. There's four more Sweet Sixteen games night, starting at six o' nine, when Michigan State plays Ole Miss Tennessee. You'll take on Kentucky. Auburn faces Michigan, and at nine oh nine, U of H wraps up the night against Purdue and the.
Speaker 5: NBA Rockets gotta win.
Speaker 6: Last night they beat the Jazz one one ten Opera and shangon at thirty th points of the night to lead all players in scoring. They're gonna have a couple of days off before playing the Suns on Sunday night in Phoenix.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 4: New Lincoln Park, the new Evan Essence. We just played ya. That's on the music blog page. And then I don't have a radio edit.
Speaker 2: There's some uh, there's some language that we wouldn't be able to get away with. But there's a new Sick Puppy song out today.
Speaker 4: It's really good. It's really really good. So there's a bunch of new music. And then you said Will Smith has new music out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so getting gu with it too.
Speaker 2: The Electric Boogalow. Yeah yeah, lots of Yeah, lots of new music to listen to and videos to watch on the music blog page.
Speaker 18: Houston's Alternative and home of the rod Ryan Moore shown the Buzz.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: You've got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right, Bam Friday and Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 4: Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Good morning, how you doing? I'm doing really well. Who I'm speaking with? Poor?
Speaker 17: Hey, old man?
Speaker 1: Hold hill, hoor hey?
Speaker 4: Or hey, what would you like some beer? Yes, sir, okay, let's just do that.
Speaker 2: Let's just get this over. Let's just give you the fourth and final case of beer today. Orgey, where are you from? All right?
Speaker 4: Houston?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 4: Ready for this weekend? You got some time off? Are you working this weekend? I'm working, but I'm off Sunday. Okay, okay, so you gotta do a little.
Speaker 2: You gotta do a little work tomorrow and then Sunday's your day off. Enjoy these beers or hey, all right, we'll do all right, my brother, Thank you, thank you for listening.
Speaker 20: Dude, no problem.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, appreciate you, thank you, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 11: That's more.
Speaker 4: Hey, everybody, hard work and whoorge. You gotta do some work on Saturday. But something gets a little downtime. We got rain all right, rainy, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Wash off more?
Speaker 4: This yellow crut that's on everything right now? Seventy percent chance of thunderstorms tonight. Can we uh you got any of those? Got any of those open phones for me?
Speaker 15: Open phones for Iday, Open phones for Iday, more like open phones?
Speaker 2: Fried Yay, Yeah, it's open phones, Alex. Any any baby advice? Are you good on? You know, going through that first experience? Got another one on the way they do another girl on the way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, if anybody want to see advice, that's fine.
Speaker 4: What's the TV show that you like?
Speaker 2: You're getting a lot of severence buddies, Now you got a little you got a little seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My goal this weekend is to maybe watch an episode of Severance.
Speaker 5: You'll get hooked.
Speaker 6: It takes you about three episodes to get in because it doesn't really make a lot of.
Speaker 5: Sense at the beginning.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you for that.
Speaker 5: I need that together.
Speaker 2: I hate feeling dumber than I already am when I'm watching the first episode and I'm like, I don't think I'm ever going to get this. Yeah you will, Promise they tie it together. Promise I'm gonna understand.
Speaker 5: And then you're still like, what's happening?
Speaker 4: It's good. The other thing I wanted to mention, I just want to throw it out there to the group, we don't get it. I don't want to upset anybody because I want to have a nice open phone Friday. Six picks, six picks.
Speaker 5: Who's in charge, cauld We.
Speaker 4: Get back on board with this, like, I'll even I'll even volunteer for six picks this weekend. Okay, I'll take six picks this weekend. I just don't feel like we've done it in a couple of weeks. No, okay, I'll do six picks. I'll come in, I'll have six picks ready to go for Monday.
Speaker 5: Good call. How about that is planning.
Speaker 4: I don't want to send anybody. Okay, let's go over to the phones here. Corey's got the first phone call.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 4: We're in open phones Friday, right now, Corey. Hi, Hey Rodney, how are you so great? Welcome to open phones. What would you like to talk about?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 11: I wanted to comment on your little segment earlier about the eighteen year old's parents paying for your stuff as you get older, kind of saying it's.
Speaker 2: Fifty percent of parents right now that have adult children that are paying on average.
Speaker 4: Jeez, what did I say? It was a lot fourteen hundred dollars a month something like that, you know, for different things. The bank of mom and dad is very much alive.
Speaker 11: Well I can attest to that because I'm a single well not a single dad anymore. But my parents paid for me to go to school. And then when I got older, the only thing that you got to remember is you got to take care of your parents. Whenever you become successful.
Speaker 4: You sure do you sure do? You know, And it's a great feeling taking care of your parents. Man, it's like so rewarding.
Speaker 2: It's that whole thing of like watching your kid open up a gift is way better than any present that I ever received, you know.
Speaker 4: And if you know, I've helped my mom out a little bit and it's made me feel really really good, you know. So yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: I think it all kind of does come around. I just I can tell you what's it like when you walked what's it like when you walked in and said, hey, I want to go to college. It's like, oh, yeah, here's a bunch of money. Go ahead, Corey, go ahead, go to college.
Speaker 4: Us.
Speaker 11: I never went to college. I went to trade school being my brother. But we returned to Favor and we built our parent retirement home and.
Speaker 4: Wow, you know, good to go.
Speaker 2: You're awesome, dude. They did a good job with you, for sure. Blake, you're next up on open phones. Good morning, i'd Blake.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's not Blake. Who's on the phone. Okay, somebody say hi, now, okay, we I'm gonna put you on hold. Let me try that again. There you are high. Is it Blake? Maybe it's not Blake. Maybe it's the wrong name. Good morning, block a block a block, all right, maybe that's not the way to go. Let's try to see if Josh Trees listening. Hi, Josh, Hey, what's going on? There is Josh Tree doing everything but working. Sounds like there's work going on behind you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, always.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 1: I just wanted to tell Alex congratulations.
Speaker 4: Thanks man. That's awesome, super awesome. Another girl huh Josh, Yeah, yeah, girl dad, huh yeah, it's the best. It really is the best.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: You got a little boy over there. You're doing a great job with him. And damn, that kid's huge. He's tall. It's so tall. But yeah, the whole girl dad thing.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm so happy for Alex and Emma and and l Now with a little sister, we're gonna be best friends.
Speaker 5: Besties.
Speaker 1: That awesome.
Speaker 4: That is awesome. Josh Tree, what are you working this weekend? Millionaire?
Speaker 1: Tomorrow just a little bit, a.
Speaker 4: Little bit tomorrow, okay, putting away some money, okay, and then Sunday you're off.
Speaker 5: George Day.
Speaker 4: All right, Josh, thank you, bro, thank you. Yeah, congratulations. Going on to uh, Alex and Emma with a new one, a new kid, two kids in diapers at the same time. Yeah, we take a short break. Off to a great start on Open Phones Friday. I love it.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite hour of radio on the radio because it's all you guys seven one three and that's another line open get in.
Speaker 4: And the Rod Ryan Morning Show six ninety four five The Buzz Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan's Show Premier Friday has become Open Phones Friday. And uh, We'm gotta let Alex do his thing and then I'll get back over.
Speaker 4: To your phone calls.
Speaker 2: I got a full bank of call so I'm coming to every one of you online.
Speaker 14: It's Alex Online ninety five the muzz.
Speaker 4: All right, daddy, Oh what you're doing today?
Speaker 6: Got a little game for you to play today while uh you wait until the weekend. It's called three hundred and sixty eight chickens and I actually saw Chili was.
Speaker 5: Playing it, uh when I popped my head in there earlier today, it's you.
Speaker 6: You're the goal is you got to match three chickens in a row, and you have to get rid of three hundred and sixty eight chickens to win the game.
Speaker 4: So does this take?
Speaker 6: All right, it's gonna take a while, take a while, but hey, you're going if you're trying, if you're trying to just kill time work on a Friday, this is the perfect game.
Speaker 4: For Why is Chili killing time on?
Speaker 6: He was, He was posting it and he was like, you know, this game is pretty fun. Chill over there, and uh, you know what he said, It was very soothing for him. So go check it out and see if you can get rid of all three hundred and sixty eight chickens. At the World Famish rod Ryan showpage thebuzz dot com.
Speaker 4: Did he clear those chickens? Hey, you're luck it's open this Friday. All right, let's go.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take all these calls right now. I'm gonna fly through these. The American Dream Dusty Rhodes, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning, How are you all so great? What you got for open phones.
Speaker 11: Well, so, funny story about Alex and I.
Speaker 6: We uh, we had the babies at the same time and we were next door to each other.
Speaker 4: In the hospital.
Speaker 2: Well I remember him telling this story. He's like, dude, there was a listener right next door having a baby at.
Speaker 4: The same time. That's how.
Speaker 1: Here's the funny thing is my other son is twenty one years old.
Speaker 4: Oh damn. Yeah, so I got a pretty big gap. When I swant to tell.
Speaker 21: Alex say congratulations on the second one, my wife was like, let's do a second one, but let's do it like Irish twins.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I'm down. So are you announcing that you're gonna be in the room next door again? Not quiet.
Speaker 5: We haven't got there yet. We're we're trying right now and we're gonna see if it happened.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, dude. Thank you the American dream Man Dusty Rhoades. Christina is next up? Hi, Christina, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 4: Simples up? What you got for open phones? You're on the air.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to say thank you. Back in January, I got to win tickets from you from to Go to Popper Roach and I took my son, who's was his twentieth birthday that day, and going back to the first collar that the kids need to take care of the parents, he bought me everything that night.
Speaker 4: Oh it was on him, so like all the drinks and all the treats and everything was on him.
Speaker 9: Everything he bought. He bought me his T shirt, the CD.
Speaker 4: Food.
Speaker 9: He spent like three hundred dollars just for his mom because I want tickets for him to see Popper Roach.
Speaker 4: How great did that feel, Christina?
Speaker 9: Oh, it's so freaking awesome because he's my second of three that they don't ever pay me back.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, that's some kids do. That's awesome. I love hearing that story. Thank you. Kim also wants to talk about Papa Roach. Hey Kim, Hi, Hi, what you got for us today? Welcome to over First.
Speaker 12: I wanted to say thank you very much for the tickets.
Speaker 1: I've never seen.
Speaker 4: Papa Roach before. Oh you also won tickets from us? Great, Yes I did.
Speaker 12: I took my niece who had never seen him either. It was a great show. I didn't too much care for the two opening bands, but he is on YouTube like trashing Houston show.
Speaker 4: Who Jacoby Poppa road.
Speaker 12: She's sure as hell is tell me about it?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I can't. It's hard for me to believe he loves crashed.
Speaker 12: He trashed our show.
Speaker 4: What did he say specifically?
Speaker 12: He specifically said, we are never opening in Houston again. We should have opened in San Antonio. And I'm not just saying that because I'm in San Antonio. I'm saying it because Houston sucked.
Speaker 4: Really, and you're telling me that I can. Can you send me a clip of that you've seen.
Speaker 12: Just on YouTube?
Speaker 4: If it's a YouTube link, just send me a link.
Speaker 12: How do I But where do you want me to send it?
Speaker 6: To?
Speaker 4: Rod at thebuzz dot Com?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 4: Okay? Yeah, I'm please send that along to me.
Speaker 12: I mean, you really disturbed me because I had the best time and he was talking about how great we were and of course Houston has a bad rap because we do not put on great responses.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, I'm going to agree and disagree on some things that you're saying here.
Speaker 4: I had heard ticket sales were down. They were killing it over in Europe.
Speaker 2: We had talked about this on the show quite a bit, and their first show back from their European leg was here. In Houston, and uh, I mean that doesn't affect sales or anything. Nobody knows that unless than the dumb guy in the radio share that.
Speaker 4: Oh he blamed it on the rodeo. He blamed it on the rodeo. Okay, So the video is going on and that is always something that just there's definitely no way they could have seen that the rodeo would have been going on at those dates.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's definitely not like scheduled years in advance or exactly.
Speaker 12: And I mean I went, I enjoyed it. I was I thought we did great.
Speaker 4: Was the did when you looked around? Did it look packed? Inside?
Speaker 12: It did look packed? But I mean I had I made one of the concernss I was a little kid, okay, And I have to admit over the years, aren't the performance from the audiences is not what the entertainers expect in other places. They get bigger responses in other especially over overseas.
Speaker 2: Man, I would say the opposite. For a band like Jacobe knows that Houston. I've talked to him about this, like he knows that Houston loves them like they do so well in this market. And we talked about some of these other bands like Shine Down and Creed their biggest markets in the whole country.
Speaker 4: The biggest market is Houston, so yeah, you know they have a love for the city. So I don't know. This is blowing my mind. Absolutely yeah, I would.
Speaker 12: I actually because I responded to somebody else's video and was talking about you know, I'd gone to the Houston show and they sent me the link and said they Papa Roach. They said that Jacoby said that y'll sucked.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's not good, all right, Kim.
Speaker 2: I really my mind is absolutely blown because I'm thinking the complete opposite.
Speaker 4: I thought the complete opposite was true. Wow. Well, I can't say that I look forward to it, but I will watch that clip if someone sends it to me. Thank you, Kim.
Speaker 2: You can email me Rod at the buzz dot com. John is next up on open Phones. Hi, John, Oh, go on what you got for us today? You're on the air open Phones.
Speaker 24: Yes, sir, Well, I won't be able to do it this year because the breast Milk ice cream doesn't come out until December. I want to see how it does. But if it does well, the following year, you guys are going to get breast Milk eggnog from me.
Speaker 4: John's the eggnog guy, John, what is the eggog?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 4: He's got this.
Speaker 2: He's got this crazy family recipe. It is the greatest eggnog in the world.
Speaker 24: It's thank you.
Speaker 4: It's a million calories for the smallest little glass.
Speaker 17: Time.
Speaker 2: But you can't think like that when you're drinking eggnog. I can suspend everything and I can treat and have a little treat.
Speaker 4: Every now and then.
Speaker 2: John's eggnog, this family recipe, it's the craziest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: It's so good.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 4: All right, So next year you're going to use the breast milk. Listen.
Speaker 2: I'm not convinced that this that this ice cream is even real. I think it's actually not. There was actually a lady made it out of her house over in England. The story was a couple of years ago or three years ago or whatever. She was making breast milk ice cream for just the community out of.
Speaker 4: Her own breath milk. I don't know about this. It was supposed to be a big deal. I don't know. Well, John, I don't care if you put can't piss in your eggnoggy so good man, you could mask anything and it'll taste great. Thank you, John. Hey, we don't need your attitude. We have one of her own.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four fives of Us.
Speaker 2: That's another line open seven one three, two one two five, nine four five.
Speaker 4: If you want in on open phones Friday, come on, let's go.
Speaker 3: It's your hour.
Speaker 4: Whatever you want to talk about.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, ninety four to five the bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. That's Iley an Farman, smooth kritmin Nole rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 4: I watched the video I got sent that clip of Jacoby and basically, I mean she laid it out for us. The callers that told me that Jacoby there's a video of him out in San Antonio saying, you know what, We're never gonna start our tour in Houston again. They were more concerned with the rodeo. We're gonna start right here in San Antonio next time. And I'm not saying that because I'm in San Antonio. I mean it's Jacoby he's saying these things.
Speaker 2: Obviously he was a little butt hurt. I think the numbers were down here in Houston. I think they were hurting on ticket sales that rodeo. It doesn't matter that it's not the same music whoever's playing that night. I don't know who's playing that night, but it's just competing for dollars. Dollars are dollars, and Rodeo sucks so much money out of everyone's budget that remember Jelly Roll, he announced his whole tour, and then he was just holding off on that Houston announcement until after the Rodeo was over, Like if there was a hole right there when you knew he was coming to Houston, but he still didn't announce until after Rodeo.
Speaker 4: He wanted that Rodeo to be over with. It's such a behemoth. Nobody wants to take that thing on.
Speaker 5: They do that guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, he said those things. What video is out there?
Speaker 11: Yah?
Speaker 4: Well yeah, well Friday, let's go back over to the phone's here, Chris, Chris, Good, good morning, roar good, good morning, Chris. How are you It's me.
Speaker 13: I'm doing great.
Speaker 4: You're on open phones?
Speaker 13: Well, first off, welcome back. It's a few weeks since I've been able to call in. I try to call in every week. Throw the phones, and first off, congratulations Alex for number two.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Another baby on the wedde.
Speaker 13: This one will probably puke in your mouth as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 13: Yeah, happened to me too.
Speaker 26: That was I was laughing my blood off when you played the Hallelujah song on Monday.
Speaker 4: It's just that it's one of those things that I said.
Speaker 2: It just proves that they there's a kid that is a part of you, that you have this unconditional love that. Okay, anybody else bars in my mom, I'm gonna punch him in the nose. Yeah, not this kid, right, not this one here?
Speaker 4: You know, baby? What else?
Speaker 13: Chris, Well, it was kind of a matter of the heart. I'm I'm divorced.
Speaker 26: I have twin boy girl, thirteen year olds, and I recently reconnected with someone after about thirty plus years. That was pretty much my first girlfriend in elementary school.
Speaker 13: Wow, you know, six seven old.
Speaker 26: And we've been talking. We've been being real with each other. We're not playing games, et cetera, talking about elephants in the room. She's divorce as well, and I'm going to San Antonio next weekend to spend the weekend with her. Holy cow, my question is should I stay. I think I'm gonna go. I think I'm gonna put myself out there again. It's it is overwhelmingly.
Speaker 13: Just not it's terrifying. The courage is being afraid and doing it.
Speaker 4: Anyway. Where did you guys reconnect on social media?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, that makes sense. That makes sense after so much time, and it's.
Speaker 26: It's I don't know, I can't even put it into words.
Speaker 2: So are you just are you getting a separate place to stay and you guys are just going to go out to dinner and go out and stuff.
Speaker 4: No, you're staying at her place? Yeah, dude, dude, dude, if you so help me, God, if you don't call next week, I don't want to.
Speaker 5: I don't want it.
Speaker 13: I don't want it to be ruined. You know what I mean.
Speaker 11: I don't want to.
Speaker 13: I don't It's something that could be something. Okay, there's potential there, but I don't want to ruin this.
Speaker 4: I love this, bro.
Speaker 2: You have to keep us posted. Please keep us posted on this. Thank you, Chris, good luck? Oh why not go out there?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 4: Whatever? Who knows what?
Speaker 5: I love that frown?
Speaker 3: I do too.
Speaker 4: I'm not even being a start for smart ass. Jordan Welch in the Machine, Good morning.
Speaker 17: Hey, Rod, excuse me, it's been a while since I.
Speaker 6: Talk to y'all.
Speaker 4: Sure has, dude, how are you well? You know, I'm okay good, I'm.
Speaker 13: Taking care of some things. I'm glad to be back on the air with y'all.
Speaker 4: Great to have you back on. Dude. What you got for Open Phones?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 17: Sports back in the city of Houston.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got a good win.
Speaker 17: Now the Koog's play tonight. Uh, we got to get a win against Purdue. I think the city could use a championship. It's been a while, you know, one step at a time. Go Koog's and go Stros. I'm excited for the city.
Speaker 13: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: I'm excited for the city too.
Speaker 13: Borro.
Speaker 4: Thank you very well, said Joe has been holding the longest Hi Joe, good morning to the best radio show in the world. Oh I love that. Thank you so much. Thank you, Joe. If you're on the air Open Phones Friday, what would you like to talk about? I wanted to talk about how kids are taking care of their parents, and parents are taking care of their kids.
Speaker 11: That's how we make it out here.
Speaker 4: Wo Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this is a couple of people have commented we were talking about the Bank of mom and dad, and we talked about fifty percent of parents with adult children are still spending on average about fort It was just over fourteen hundred dollars a month, whether that's helping out with the rent.
Speaker 4: Maybe they're still at home, but they're you know, they're still on their phone plan. You know, there's a lot of school costs, things like that.
Speaker 2: You know, we make these jokes and I think I brought it up Joe, just because on the heels of Alex's announcement of another kid on the way, you think you're just going to do your eighteen years.
Speaker 4: And you're done. It's like you're not done. You're not done. I mean, you're always going to be the parent, but financially you're not done.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a lot of parents that are still shelling out cash every month for these adult children.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, yes, yes, but when you raise them right, they turn around and take you along when they're successful, take care of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they take care of you later on in life. You're right, absolutely, yeah. You don't want to be a jerky parent, be a cool parent, because you don't know if those kids might be wipe changing your diapers later exactly. Full cercle it really does. It comes around like that. Thank you, Joe, Joe, have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Thank you you too, Maverick, Hellua, every y'all doing Hey, Maverick doing really well?
Speaker 4: What you got for open phones? And I want to talk about that new Evanescence song. Did you get a chance to listen to it?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I listened to it in the first like hour of release. Yeah. I love every minute of it. It's pretty great. I don't know, I hadn't talked to Radio Wizard about it.
Speaker 2: Kind of landed in my my lap this morning, and I thought it was a little odd that it wasn't more of a to do, like an iHeart you know, let's get all behind this and everybody play this song every couple of hours or so.
Speaker 4: It's a great song.
Speaker 2: It's just it's associated with a with a like an animated show. And that's that's the video that I put up on the music blog page today. Is that what you saw as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 17: I actually used to play Devil May Cry when I was a kid growing up, and I haven't played in a while, but I definitely it brings back memories.
Speaker 4: So that's why I like the song.
Speaker 2: It's got everything if you like evanessence, if you love evanescence, it's got all the elements there. And I mean Amy Lee's voices second to none, you know. I think I called her our Ann Wilson and Wilson of Heart is just like this, this voice that just won't go away, and she's been doing it since the seventies. And I feel like Amy Lee is r Ann Wilson, you know, like her voice just sounds strong as ever.
Speaker 4: Hi one hundred agree with that one. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Maverick. I appreciate you you checking that out. There's some great new music for you on the music blog page today.
Speaker 4: Everyone, Brandon, what's up? But you got Brandon? Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 27: So first of all, I just wanted to say congrats Alex.
Speaker 5: Right, thank you.
Speaker 27: I'm also having my first kid doing June.
Speaker 5: Congratulations to you.
Speaker 4: Thank you having a boy or a girl.
Speaker 27: He's going to be well away, obviously it can be a boy.
Speaker 1: I'm excited.
Speaker 4: And you haven't you have a name picked out?
Speaker 11: His name is going to be O Cyrus's cool.
Speaker 4: Spell spell it for me, O s I R I s oh Cyrus. That's cool? Is that a family name? We're where'd that come from?
Speaker 27: Well, he's the Egyptian god of the underworld, and I thought, wow, what's cooler than that?
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know, nothing really zero cooler than the Osiris. It's a badass already, he's not even here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 27: Well, I had a quick question for Alex. I just, uh, I get a lot of cliche advice, and I was wondering if you could give me some real insight.
Speaker 6: On this topic.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, advice, Alex.
Speaker 6: Honestly, the cliche advice just like ignore what everybody says because you and you and your girl are going to kind of figure it out on your own when you like, don't listen to it, like like take with a grain of salt what everybody else gives you with advice, because everybody's situation is different and you're going to find the system. Just get into a routine. I think routine is probably my best advice. Get into a routine like bedtime at the same time, feeding at the same time, kind of try and make sure that you have something like that so it seems consistent.
Speaker 4: Does this Iris?
Speaker 2: I like the kind of kid that's just gonna say, Okay, I'll go to bed when you tell me Osirius like it's going to be making the rules.
Speaker 5: A routine, routine, routine.
Speaker 13: I guess okay, thank you, I appreciate that.
Speaker 27: Yeah, Sleep, I say one more thing before I get off to here.
Speaker 4: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Uh, this one goes out to Chris.
Speaker 27: He was just on the line a minute ago. I think he should just go. Life's too short and why not take a chance on your own happiness?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh that's the old little the old little girlfriend that's in where's he san Antonio? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think you should go to Brandon. I think there's gonna be a fun story to follow.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I can't wait to hear it.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right, Brandon, thank you, congratulations to you in uh in your chick and Osiris. Wow, that's awesome. Uh, gotta take a break. Thank you guys, open phones. I love it. I absolutely love it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a break, We're gonna come back, Alex will have a question for you, and we're gonna give somebody shine down tickets before we turn to Loose on the weekend. Okay, so sit tight, know the show coming up.
Speaker 18: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alterative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Us ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go La La La La La La La La La La La La La La La.
Speaker 2: Shine Down Bush, Morgan Wade, everyone knows her. August twenty seventh, Toyota Centers. I gotta pay tickets for you right now. They're available at Toyota Center dot com. You're going to Winni Pair, you gotta go through, Alex. It's no the showtime. What's your what's your question going to be?
Speaker 5: What Texas city?
Speaker 4: Do we learn?
Speaker 6: Was ranked the second best city to live in in America Number two, number two.
Speaker 2: Congratulations seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 4: If you know the show, come prove it second, Hey, Alexa play ninety four point five. The Buzz on iHeartRadio ninety four point five is a bus station from I Houston's Rock and ninety four and five.
Speaker 2: The Buzz, Red, Hot Chili, Mempers and Black Summer Rod Ryan Show closing out Free Beer Friday, closing out Open Phone Friday.
Speaker 4: How about a local just killing it?
Speaker 5: The numbers back to back local IgE.
Speaker 2: Oh, I guess, I guess that the Thicstagram was a local feature you're right.
Speaker 4: I mean this gal crushed it today. Great, great guy. I think your boyfriend said, oh well still, I stand by what I say. Chili sent in today's Fanny Friday. She's a local chick. He came across her in his rodeo feed and set up. I gotta share this with the family.
Speaker 14: He's now time for Know this show on ninety four to five the Buzz.
Speaker 2: You see what kind of stuff comes across Chili's rodeo feed. My rodeo feed doesn't look like that.
Speaker 4: So much.
Speaker 2: Turkey legs my feed. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Good morning to Hi, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Who's this? This is Jojo, Jojo, welcome to Know the show. How are you? I'm well, how are y'all doing great? Thank you for asking Alex. This is Jojo. Let's get out of here, well, Jojo.
Speaker 6: What Texas city did we learn today? Was ranked the second best city to live in in America?
Speaker 4: Woodlands? Woodlands is awesome, man, congratulations Woodlands, You're great. I always have a good time.
Speaker 2: In the same show, I said congratulations with the Woodlands, and then I said river Oaks.
Speaker 4: Burn it down. Yeah, start first, not in the same city, so tear everything down. All those old homes, tear everything down and then redo it with wider streets.
Speaker 2: You know, the whole thing's got to come down. Jojo, you're the winner. Congratulations. You've got tickets to go see Shine Down Bush Morgan Wade, August twenty seventh, Toyota Center.
Speaker 4: Love it, love it. I love it.
Speaker 5: Exciting, I love it.
Speaker 4: Have a great weekend, Jojoe, thank yo too. Thank you.
Speaker 2: On his face when I said I was taking six picks, the relief, knowing that he had a thirty three and a third chance.
Speaker 4: Of having to produce six picks this week, and I just said, you know what, guys, it's on me. I got this. I got this, fellas, don't worry about it.
Speaker 5: Very relieved.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody's seen relieved over here. I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell. Baby. I got a fever, and the only prescription more cow bell. Okay, all right, that's it. We gotta go. The goat is just.
Speaker 2: Doing goat things, you know, goat things are happening on the fresh out of bed, head to head.
Speaker 4: He's got three in a row. He said he's going to be coming back on Monday and Tuesday said he wants to be in.
Speaker 2: The Hall of Fame for a thirteenth time. He's two wins away from that. He's scores some really good tickets this morning too. I don't know what next week brings as far as tickets. What I do know is that Justin Furstenfeld wants to call into the show on Monday.
Speaker 4: Like we don't just like do anything.
Speaker 2: Justin is going to give us the very first spin of a brand new and when I say world premiere, nowhere in the world Justin's giving us you know, I don't.
Speaker 4: We don't even have it yet.
Speaker 2: We're getting the new Blue October song to play at eight thirty on Monday Show, the first spin in the world of this new Blue October song.
Speaker 4: He's given it to us. Love that man, love that man, love everybody in that band. So how fun is that going to be on Monday? You know?
Speaker 2: Texas Hammer at seven twenty. I don't know what time exactly we're gonna get Justin on, but he can call him.
Speaker 4: Whatever he wants. But he's out of town. That's why he's not coming in. OK. He's out of town.
Speaker 2: So he has an excuse, but yeah, New Blue Eye October at eight thirty on Monday morning. The new music has been ridiculous. That new Lincoln Park is awesome.
Speaker 4: Wizard. We just everyone agrees. Bang it all day, Okay, all day, it includes mornings.
Speaker 2: Have a great weekend, everybody. It seems like Reno's been in all week. Reno's doing a great job.
Speaker 4: Love Reno. Reno is got the NonStop noon.
Speaker 2: Give you a chance to pick some tickets with him in the one o'clock hour to win some stuff. Astros Mets game two seven to ten. Coobs tonight at nine oh nine. Take it on Perdue. Yep, we can take We could beat Purdue.
Speaker 4: I think so, you think so? Yeah? Nine oh nine. What a night I think.
Speaker 2: Jordan Wilson Machine said sports are back. It's so bad, he said sports back. He said sports are back in Houston.
Speaker 4: He said that on open phones. That's it.
Speaker 2: That guy says it, and I just I say it back after he says it. All right, I'll bring in the six picks this weekend. Guys, have an awesome weekend. Thank you so much for this week. We're back all next week, every day next week. But Monday's really really gonna be fun. Man, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: That's it, guys, have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Ama God, well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 15: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.