Speaker 1: It's the lab Fan wrestling podcast, the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy. It's the Lapsed Fan. He's an lapsed fan wrestling podcast with Jack and carn Seo, JP Soro.
Speaker 2: Yes, the choice was taken away from us. That's what we decry, and we decry the fact that we were put into a position to adopt media consumption habits that put a whole lot of people out of work for no good reason and therefore necessarily diminish the quality and the risk taking that entertainment producers were willing to take. And again with the technology working in reverse influencing how the art is created. To some degree, it makes a lot of sense, but there are trade offs that didn't have to be made. And this whole subscription thing is just fucking sas software's service, you know, Microsoft and shit realizing, Hey, instead of charging people for software one time, we can charge them every single month, and over the lifetime of their reallyationship with us, we'll get a few more months you know, of money out of them than we would if they had to just pay upfront. And then everyone was like, holy shit, this is a way to make more money off people. Let's hook it in. We do it with Patreon. It's the same thing. Patreon is very much like that. We keep that engine humming, we keep feeding the fucking flame, we keep throwing shit on the fire to be worth the money, and we are. But that's what creates this sort of like whole idea that we're not really making movies to sell the movie on its own merits. We're making movies to keep Netflix interesting for just one more month, and then it's something else, and then it's something else, and then it's something else, and everyone's Netflix as far as all the projects they approve and all of the kind of schlocky ways that their in house stuff is sort of, you know, pulling from all these random pop culture sources to try to make one fucking ninety minute movie relevant to as many people as possible, to the point we don't even know what you're watching. Sometimes it's just this assault on the Senate, just this assault of reference points. It's it's so postmodern it makes you sick. Frankly, it's like a fucking Andy Warhol painting of a of a Campbell soup can. Sometimes it's like, here is commercialism presented to you, as you know, art essentially as popular art, popular entertainment, and you're just you're just assaulted with all of these like sneaky little references to things that people are trying to sell or promote or you know, we'll bring this guy, will put him in the movie because he has this audience. She'll be in the movie because none of them can act or none of them are. None of them we're going to elevate the movie, you know, right, I don't know. I just I'm really disillusioned by it. And it's it's really only there because of the pricing model, the way we charge and invoids people decides how shit gets made. Yes, very bizarre to me, very cart before the horse, very tail wagging the dog. You know, Oh, for sure, the creators should be able, and maybe they are, and I'm just taking into it dictate how one is to purchase their work. You know, there have been some bands that have big enough swinging dicks that they just don't go on Spotify, they don't sell their tickets on Ticketmaster. They just don't. And they can still make enough money to be more than justly rewarded for their efforts. But one more turnover of generations and there will be no artists who come up with anything on their mind besides yeah, fitting the way Meta wants to display video right, And you're gonna tell me that's not a loss. M it's not a big l It's it's it's it's the biggest loss.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't deny it. I don't, I don't deny it. It is. It's bad.
Speaker 2: And as Paul says, and God help you back in the day, if you wanted to run a VCR for the video store, in terms of them getting extra nervous and extra terms and conditions on your ass, you better bring that fucking thing back and ship shape, pal, or you're going to be paying four hundred, five hundred dollars. Paul says, I'm pretty sure my dad had to put me up as collateral to rent a VCR back in the day.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: He also says, Paul Dan Spivey is a whole pound of food. Men love. I've heard that William writes that Hulk comes downstairs in the morning to find hercules and his kitchen and eating an omelet. Hulk brother knobs, Dude, what's going on here? Knobs? I don't know, Terry, he said he's ah h from Tampa and he lives here now. It checked out, so I made breakfast like I always do.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 2: William also picked up on something we said that pretty much nails it. Poignant or bizarre, whatever comes first. Yes, from your Wrestling Podcast of the Year winner, Thank you very much. It's how I ended up. He remembers as the owner of half Baked on VHS in two thousand from a Hollywood video after accident putting the tape, accidentally putting the tape in a different sleeve and putting it on my shelf for turning instead one of my personal raw dubs from nineteen ninety eight. Imagine returning to a video store your television recording of raw. Oh that's that would be I would I would I that would be the most embarrassing thing ever. They would send the police to your house to get that tape.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh of course they would.
Speaker 2: He writes. I hadn't gone back to the store in a couple of months. After returning the tape a couple of days late, I thought I was looking for ten looking at rather a five to ten dollars late fee which I was prepared to pay. I made my selection that night and went to the counter to check out. The guy working said, hey, you have a late fee balance. I replied yeah, I no, He responded, you want to pay that now? I said, yeah, sure. So we scanned my tape and said, so that comes to one hundred and sixty five dollars and now, oh.
Speaker 3: No, no, no no.
Speaker 2: I did not pay and left without any tape, and I was denied the return of my raw tape. Wow. I got some satisfaction, however, as that location went out of business a few months later, and their books were so messed up that I never heard anything else about it. Yeah. Well, if they were Nicolin Diamonda to that extent, yeah, he remembers, God help you. If you fail to return the tape to the rental store, places would charge you late fees up to two weeks, and at a higher price if it was a new release, and a rewinding fee. If we failed to do so, they would call you multiple times a day, their threats of ruination for your negligence. Now, I remember they would call you looking for their tape. I do remember that. Yes, that's how much those things cost them to carry. Think about that, that you could justify the cost of carrying an employee who would fucking watch your inventory and call people like a debt collector when they hadn't returned the thing yet. Now like you can't give a video away.
Speaker 3: No, people like run on the opposite correction right right, like.
Speaker 2: You're trying to put a bomb in their hand or something exactly. Then after a store value variable of two weeks to a month, said, fuck it, keep it, but we're charging your account one hundred and two hundred bucks to replace it, and we will turn you into a collection agency. Wow, it's like a big fucking thumbs up to me. We talked about on a recent episode. I believe it was the Colosseum collection. Just funny alternate endings, funny booking decisions. Oh yes, Savia Vega coming down instead of Sean Michaels at WrestleMania twelve for instance. Yes, and of course that sparked no shortage of creativity amongst the solar system, and the mailbag started. The mail bag started popping. Mark writes, mister food, this is funny booking WrestleMania nine. Okay, okay, mister Fuji throws salt in the hitman's eyes. Yes, And Yakuzina takes advantage new champion. The story progresses as we know Brett has tended to outside the ring by another wrestler, and said wrestler is challenged to a title shot right here, right now. The following exchange plays out just like it actually did with hul Kogan, but instead we end up with a new WWE champion, Brian Knobbs. Imagine Brett Hart sending Brian Knobs into Avenge his loss with the salt in his eyes, like Knobs looks to the people and they're like, Okay, yeah, I guess I want you to all right, Yeah, He's like, come on. A closing scenes WrestleMania nine is him and his Nasty Boy's muscle shirt.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, you know how how how uh Hogan does the you know, the with the fist and the like Knob's doing that instead.
Speaker 2: That's how it would sound. And he's hoisting up the winged Eagle belt and people like, okay, he's got his pants on with his boots and stirrups. It's like Kidnam the people.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: It just made it just made. I don't know why that triggered into my mind. The idea of of at wrestling a twelve and instead of Sean Michaels Hell, instead of Savio Vega. It's although Montoya.
Speaker 2: And the fans are expected to get excited, that's the key. Just imagine turning up.
Speaker 3: Instead he's doing all this Sewn Michael stuff, you know, like doing the stupid dances and whatever. But he's done with a stupid mask on his face.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing. Everything you just said is true. He's got the mask on, he's got the gimmick on, He's doing all of Sean's mannerisms. And and Finkel introduces him as the heartbreak kid, Shawn Michael, the heartbreak kid, as if no one's gonna notice.
Speaker 3: Where his fucking what do you wear? Green? Yellow and red?
Speaker 2: The yellow John drop on his face look as funny, as as funny as Savio coming down from the rafters. The resume of twelve was, I I have to Brian Knobs closing WrestleMania nine, is said A hallt Coke, and I think it's pretty.
Speaker 3: It's better, it's funny. I mean, that's that's a that's a that's a funny one. Just to like to to figure out who the guy is. That's gonna help. That's good. That's gonna say, go get do it. That you do it.
Speaker 2: That is so such a great point. Like without that Brett component, it's not as anywhere near as funny to just say Brian Knobs comes out and beats Yoka because it's it's imagined nbs like Brett Hart's like Pinny Yokozuna and I'm just doing the right left all the sweats flying off his mullet was he looks left to right. That's why we do this, man. Oh god, it's tough.
Speaker 3: Fucking Knobs.
Speaker 2: On our uh colisseum collection Randy Savage and Elizabeth Coverage. I'm not quite sure what Alex was honing in on as far as what point in the show he decided to make this declaration, but he wrote, having the co chairman so incredibly clearly illustrate not just what the magic of wrestling is, but how it is constructed, how it's dilapidated in the modern era, and even a peek into a more favorable and refreshing book style. Call me a fanboy, but I live for hearing the graps chopped up like that MM. And we thank you, Alex, because it's something we take pride in and do our best for us to try to say, hey, you know, as pathetic as we all feel, we don't have to. Wrestling can be good. Wrestling cannot constantly be a needy, thirsty enterprise. It can It can present itself in a confident way that's not constantly being calibrated to X. You know, yes, fuck, hey, g No, can't wait to penetrate you in real time. Pal As he sent Mediah the tickets our way and said he can't wait to be penetrated in real time. Something we can be doing. Something we can do about that. To the point about, you know, with WTF stuff. How about Jordan's suggestion Colonel Mustafa picture, Colonel Mustafa accept accept He's dressed like Colonel Rob Parker. I mean, the fact is he said, you know, he could have said iron chic, right, but he said, Colonel Mustafa, that's very important. Because now I'm swapping out important the Saddama Seine outfit instead of yes, yes with the Southern accent too. Oh that's the that's the email, Jordan writes, Well, thank you for it, mister Fritz, thank you for your pledge. We appreciate you joining us. Lewis Perez, longtime supporter are great to see you in the Eptre Danny Vaughan, thank you very much for the cake. Studdy. Always great to have you in our corner. Andrew writes, Gorilla is also definitely a guy who orders food for the table that's meant for himself.
Speaker 3: Yes, no question, it's for the table.
Speaker 2: No Slams in the city. Brendan Brennan's going to be there, he says, Hey, guys, I was actually at MetLife yesterday for soccer game when this dropped. I will not be going to Met Life for the Slams. However, I will be enjoying a weekend in New York City because of my favorite college podcast, That's How We Roll. Bro. Brendan loves the serendipity of Jaws dropping for the fourth It made some long holiday go by so easy. I love to hear. That's some of my favorite stuff is the holiday drives where we come into play.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, so great. That's it. I love I love doing that. I love listen. There's nothing, there's nothing I I I love very much dropping something special.
Speaker 2: On a holiday. That just I love that. That always makes me happy. Yeah, it seems to me. Other podcasts kind of take the holidays off a little bit, which look in theory, I totally support and understand it, especially if you're trying to make it your full time gig. But man, that's when we just fucking put our foot on thes.
Speaker 3: But but the thing is, it's like, yes, you want to take that, you want to take the day off, sure, but then you got to fucking load up.
Speaker 2: To load up, you gotta be you got to load about people who are in a situation where they need you during that Because as magical as holidays can be, and I'm talking about the holidays and ducking any holiday, as great as it can be to be around family and friends, there's going to be downtime. There's going to be travel time. There's going to be drudgery. There's going to be those moments that we are custom made for where you're trying to bridge a gap in your day because you know you're gonna be like a hamster on a wheel for the next little while, be it sitting in an airport, riding on an airplane, traveling in a car, waiting for people to show up, waiting for people to wake up, waiting for people, you know, after for something to do. When people go to bed. That's when the podcast comes. That's what podcasts count. That's why I can't stand this video stuff because it's like, you can't you can't do that like and also function like the audio only. Podcasts allow you to move through the world and enjoy the thing, to do something with yourself instead of just sit there and try to replicate the couch potato TV experience, which is a wonderful thing in and of itself, but it's not My podcast became a thing. Podcasts became a thing because they weren't television shows, because they traveled in a form and factor that wasn't like that, but at the same time preserving what's magic about spoken word audio? Yes, what has always been magic about spoken word audio since the invention of James Says, Montreal, November ninet ninety seven. Survivor Series backstage, Brett gets suspicious and knows something isn't right and he bails. Vince needs a replacement for the main event entern Tom Brandy waving the Canadian flag flanked by the Heart Foundation, same screw jump finish.
Speaker 3: This works for me.
Speaker 2: Tom Brandy spits in Vince's face and writes w CW in the air then smashes the announcer stead Brandy then goes backstage and continues recording the Wrestling with Shadows documentary. He takes Vince, he sits across from Sean and asks if he had anything to do with it. He uppercuts Vince.
Speaker 1: On Raw.
Speaker 2: He goes back to feuding with Mark Merrow on TV and appears in the ninety eight Rumble before leaving in Marsh is.
Speaker 3: Just fut.
Speaker 2: Oh the real homie? Will Winthrop writes, now is that disgraced ww Trian bilde Mott or is that US darts player Stowey Bunts? I never heard of until he said that? Can you take it? Look at Stowe buns for the people? S t O w i E b u n t z. I think the time is now?
Speaker 3: Wait st o what is it?
Speaker 2: S t O w I E. And then it's b u n t z buns cake.
Speaker 3: I mean the love child of Jim Knightheart and Jack Black.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of love children out there, man, I have noticed you really are.
Speaker 3: Oh my professional darts player.
Speaker 2: Zax's I can confirm the boss did trick my wife on April Foold's Day with his Hogan message. Oh I love that I called her cell. She was on a work trip at a time she wouldn't be able to answer and it would go to voicemail. I blocked my number so it wouldn't show us from me, and left the Hogan message on her voicemail. We had been it was beach shop about a month ago. So the idea she left a card there as possible tell the people. This was basically him asking before Hogan passed obviously, yes, that you call that you create a cameo essentially where you're calling from Hogan's beat shop as Hulk Hogan saying she left the credit.
Speaker 3: Card there, Yes, and and just kind of going, you know, just just going with it, and it went in all so many different directions and to the point of, you know, obviously the paranoia kicked in, but it was a gradual thing where Hogan was like calling with you know, like concern originally, and then as he got further into it, he's getting a little more freaked out, and he's getting a little more angry, and he's wondering, why did you leave this thing in my in my in my beat shop, right, And it was just tremendous. It's nervously one of the fucking Yeah, exactly. This is one of the funniest fucking things.
Speaker 2: Can't pull that off convincingly anymore, can you?
Speaker 3: Well, you never know, and not everyone knows he's dead.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I guess there's an outside chance of that. This is the first mailbag since we unleashed the second season of Dark Side of the Ring Unheard on Folks Available Anything, Get podcast and on YouTube, this time on video after I talked all that shit about video for your viewing pleasure as well as audio pleasure and Matt Rode in how fun is it for me to see glow in the dark Abdullah? That has to say, Abdullah is on a TV screen behind us with you on Vice's YouTube channel. If anything good comes out of releasing video episodes, know that I'm feeling like a proud father over here, like I reared him myself for twenty five years and now he's finally made it in showbiz. Unheard is special for the people who hunger for that kind of insight and character detail. It's so fucking rich, you know it, Abby isolating Evan Hussey to shake him down after a night at the Red Lobster Chef's Kiss. That's my boy, I don't understand how y'all do it, and happy to keep it that way. But if there's ever a Q and A and time to talk about sausages and how they're made, Matt says he's going to ask about the TLF schedule. Well, from the time we wake up to the time we have to crash, it's called you how do we do it? It's called sleep deprivation. I hope people appreciate that about about us. You know, we fucking deprive ourselves of sleep. That's what we do.
Speaker 3: Yes, because you know that that is that That is the truth. I'm not trying to people want to know that's the ends, but it is. It's it's the absolute truth. Uh, you know, because no matter what time we finish, we gotta get up at the same time.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: It's always that's always a thing.
Speaker 2: Got to keep the hamster wheel moving. As Holkoken said, can't miss a beat, brother.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 2: Sorry to credit the alarm, it's a good point. Thanks and Caleb Bowden, thank you for so much for your increase in pledge the Homie Austin, Hey, JP, I'm trying to find out more. But a company called Capital City Championship Combat Wrestling in Canada did a show in twenty eighteen called The Departed. JF was on the car just a thought.
Speaker 3: Listen, okay, but I need to have I need to have in need, I need to know that it was the name was inspired.
Speaker 2: Also following up on this past email, he writes minutes later, no, actually months later, this C four show took place on Saint Patrick's Day, which pretty clearly implies a connection to the film That Departed.
Speaker 3: Because it's all fucking Irish SOUTHI punks.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing if there's anyone that wrestled on this show that is also on cameo, let me know if that could help steal the case for The Departed qualifying this guy.
Speaker 3: Will want to listen. I listen, So do I you want it? So do I? Of course I want love to dig into the Departed, love the opportunity to dig in the into the Departed. But you know I need to have I need to have a solid, a solid connection.
Speaker 2: So explain it. What does it needs? What does it need to be?
Speaker 3: Honestly, for this if the show, if that's show was they said, yeah, you know what, we we took it from the Departed I'd take it, really, I would take it because, you know, it was a if you're gonna argue about the GoldenEye situation, because the guy didn't say, yeah, my name was inspired by GoldenEye. He said it was like the response was, yeah, that was part of it. No, No, I just can't buy that, right if, and then he went into what it really meant? You know, so yeah, maybe it was part of it, but I need a more direct like, yeah, I respect that, this is it right. You can't make it.
Speaker 2: You can't feel like the guy said yes just to like be nice to the interviewer.
Speaker 3: If the right if the promoter says, yes, the depart is my fucking favorite movie and I named the show because of that movie. Done. Wow, easy, that's an easy one. It's like it's right there, you know, because there is a direct inspiration in some fashis. There's no wrestlers in there, no, not that I can see anyway, but listen, there very well could be. You know, we find people in the weirdest fucking places, in the weirdest places, and unfortunately not everybody has a trivia section. That's a lot of the time. If you look on IMDb, a lot of times you'll find these trivia sections with stunt performers and whatever where they say also used to be a professional wrestler, and then that starts. You know, that's the rabbit hole. You know, the door to the rabbit hole is right there, right, so it all, you know, it just it depends God, but it can, you know, it can happen. It's not. That's that's how we found Glenn Caine. Like you know, I forget who found that originally, but you know that was that was it you find they found on IMDb. It's it's said he's a former professional wrestling referee. You know you find that that that right there gets me, you know, looking down and seeing where can we where can we go qualifying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Steve says. Also my grandmother and Mama Sorrow or kindred spirits. My grandmother always told me and my mother before me to never eat or drink anything from a petrol station as they as they quote cake that stuff and oil you can taste it. Ye, that's right, that's right. I don't I don't think that's the case, but whatever, No, it's definitely not the case. That would be shut down a long time ago.
Speaker 3: That right, exactly that's what. That's what I'm always like, you know, I don't. I just don't think that that's possible.
Speaker 2: Steve also taken by the Jaws episode because he says an Irish language teacher was meant to teach us creative writing when we had transition years, which is meant to be a year between exam cycles, but instead the teacher spent six weeks playing Jaws on loop.
Speaker 3: I got no problem. That's fine, I got no problem that whatsoever.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 3: That's a win.
Speaker 2: Just wonderful, just wonderful to be able to recall that memory from members of the Solar System. Sean Hemmings, thank you very much for the increase in pledge, my friend. We appreciate the vote of confidence. Bryce writes, I can't tonight, sweetheart. The boys have sent missives. Must be a fucking feedback show, baby, Scott Michael, I cannot accurately describe the speed with which I just isolated from everyone in this house as soon as I saw this week's under the cinemat. Jaws is an all time top five for me. I was absolutely obsessed with this film when I was a child. I own collectibles. I've gone to cons just to see props from the film, and one year I even hit the Universal Studios ride ten times in one weekend. Wow, because a storm kept a lot of people out of the park and I could not get enough of that shit. Anyway, we're gonna need a bigger ass. I see you, Chris. Not only do I see you on your way to the show on August third, but I also see that you already have a play to stop off at a particular HOGI shop in Delaware. Here we go for the Asella stop Rover on the way up. So folks are not only making tracks to join us August third at the Comedy Village, but they already have their train rides sandwich lined up. That's it. I mean, that's a beautiful thing. It's very simple. Paul Cogan had an interesting point on Jaws. He said, he's pretty sure and apologies if you talked about this and I just don't remember it. I'm pretty sure that in the original script, Hooper was supposed to die in the cage scene, but when they looked at the footage of the real shark destroying the cage, there was nobody in it, so it wouldn't make sense.
Speaker 3: Kinds I I believe that there is some truth in that. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Spielberg thought the footage was so good he wanted it in the movie and just shot an extra scene of Hooper's scooping instead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't remember. I don't remember. There there is some there's some truth in that. I believe, I just don't remember the whole story.
Speaker 2: He also writes the Jaws poster, but Hogan is the swimming girl, Intenta is the shark. Oh, there we go, and that's probably a good shirt. No, we should consider making yep. Can you imagine? He also asks how horrified Terry would be if he heard someone say the shark is not working. Ooh because MSG one nine six eight ninety nine. Thank you very much for your pledge, and welcome in to the executive producer, to your Carlos Dallion. Austin looks down at his phone. The notification shines up at his face. He looks up. Did you see that? Cue the dolly zoom. Everybody get out of the water. I can see Steve fitting in.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine? That'd be absolutely amazing?
Speaker 2: Talking about why you can't see great white sharks in captivity. Josh has some insight, some species of shark, he writes, could be successfully kept in human care, but not Great whites. They are made to roam the open ocean, and they have colossal ranges thousands of square miles in some cases, in which they live and hunt. Several attempts have been made to capture and hold Great whites, but they always end up slamming into tank walls and refusing to eat until they either die or get released back into the ocean. There's always something that is fucking commitment to the craft right there. This is one of the more electrifying ones we've gotten on Patreon in a while. This is a as part of our recent Night of Champions live call from Saudi Arabia the Homiest Salmon, and he writes, as a member of the Solar System working the Middle East territory, He's on the ground out there, boss flying the lapsed flag in this sound. I had a chance to go to this as the land of Saud is right next door to where I'm based. These Saudi tickets are way cheaper than what TKO was priced for the US and Europe shows, twenty two d dollars for he writes for a general seat. So whenever we watch these Saudi shows and think of the tens of millions they're getting paid, and that is happening. It's that building is not full because people are paying TKO premium prices. That is very satisfying to know. Had mixed feelings, he writes on Punk even coming here. Happy to see him come to this side of the world. But obviously the controversy of these events is understandable, and he's under a specific microscope. You couldn't script an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm with more things that could have gone wrong for him in terms of online reaction to what happened to him this weekend, from the kid getting snubbed to checking in with front Bro Mohammed, which was replayed in the building on SmackDown. So maybe it was planted to the promo to the finish of the match. I like the match for most of it, and Saudi fans do give a great atmosphere at these but I think Punk is gonna wish this was the Saudi verse and get back to business of still feuding with Seth for another nine months, and he said this, I can't believe you wrote this, considering where we stand today. He followed that up with a quote, Hulk finally passing is going to be weird outlasted his peers, but reputation is worse than ever. They are younger fans who are going to celebrate it, and older ones are going to feel mixed, but ultimately sad for reasons beyond just as death. If that Netflix debut was the last time we see him in WW, what a sad way to go out. But what were we told about? Pain? Can't even imagine how a lapsed tribute would go with things already covered. But it'll be deserved. That is an oracle operation right there.
Speaker 3: You're damn right well, just you wait.
Speaker 2: Mardies, do you wait? Martif? Thank you for the increased pledge, Miley Ripley, thank you very much for the cake. Welcome in Hario Vargas. We love it. Thank you very much. Antonio writes to your co chairs. My name's Tony from LA. Been listening to you guys since King of the Ring ninety four and I've never looked back. Recently, I was in a car accident in April that messed me up badly, broken hip, nerve damage and muscle damage. It's been a pretty rough couple of months. Depression, emotional damage and physical damage. What's been getting me through these months? To keep fighting? Take a guest, boss. Some podcasts stuck up your ass by being about the pain. We help people through the pain. Can we say this? Can we say this?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, we are your therapy. We are not your therapist. However, Yes, I listened to at least two to three episodes a day, Antonio says, with all the time I have since the accident, it feels like it's not enough episodes. Thank you for pounding my ass through these tough moments, and if you can bless me, if you guys can do backlash O three would mean a lot, especially during this difficult moment. He's looking to get a show in thank you and like the APA shirt says, keep me doing ass. I don't think Hogan's on that show. I looked, No, no, that that's the that's the one you you went to that one. It's Worcester and wester Yeah, with the Goldberg and Rock, you're gonna you're gonna be fully healed, Antonio by the time that one comes out. But I'm sure you'll enjoy it when it does, and we'll be thinking of you when it happens. But that's the kind of thing I mean. Okay, any of us could get hit by a bus, any of us could get waylaid by an illness, any of us could break a leg or break an arm, or be laid up for months at a time. And what's you're gonna tell me it's not better to have in your rotation and routine such a low ask form of entertainment like the laps fan Wrestling podcast to lean on. Yeah, you're gonna tell me that it doesn't go by so much faster for someone in Antonio's position, where you doesn't have to sit there and be alone with this thoughts of how limited he is physically in mentally is the result of what happened to him. Cay, tell me that's not real. Okay, fucked, Hey, yeah, give me a break. Of course it's real. Perhaps the only thing that is real or great midget, My great grandfather was a local jobber for the Buffalo Bill Show in the early twentieth century in Iowas. Tell the people why that's relevant, Well, that's.
Speaker 3: That's the Buffalo bill that we talked about, the Buffalo Bill Show during once upon time in the West under the cinemat So that's pretty that's what.
Speaker 2: Were those shows.
Speaker 3: Those shows were. They were live shows. They were they were basically the the original Western because they were shows that and and again we talked about how fascinating it was that these were these were wild West shows being shown, being being done live, while there was the wild West was still in existence, right, or was if it wasn't necessarily still in existence, it was going away, or it was very close, you know, you know there was. It was just pretty it was very recent.
Speaker 2: It was you could convince people they were creating a real live cowboy, right, someone who had loved it, someone who had done it. And so it was like basically it was it was some k fabe shit amazing talking some wrestling stuff. Yeah, Buffalo Bill comes to town. Come watch him in his fucking you know frontiersmen ways. Yeah, So work rate Midget says, my great grandfather was a local jobber for the Buffalo Bill Show in the early twentieth century in Iowa, Wisconsin. As it was explained to me, when they came to town, they needed extra horses and cowboys. Cowboys in the sense of being able to ride saddle and bareback. So depending on the need of the performance e g. Headcount you were either a soldier or a native sometimes both in the same day. That's get the jobbers booked. Yep, Craig writes on one of our episodes, Yes, this is a most explosive TNT show, which, as we discovered as part of the Colosseum collection, is really one of those great windows in a Vince McMahon's psyche in terms of word choice and subject matter choice and all the things that TNT tells us about how Vince's mind works. Craig says, Vince says the phrase at fifty one to fifty six hopsack race instead of just you know, a sack race, and I'm not even sure how to feel about it. He goes full Vince and has to rename it to something no one's ever said.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like he was trying to say, like a mix of Hopscotch and a sack race.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, it's true he's so obsessed with adding words. Why say something in three words that you could say in twenty one words. That's Vince McMahon's strategy, that's Vince McMahon's philosophy. And so we sit here with and then from there and nonetheless that, notwithstanding all the shit unbelievable, Kevin, Kevin Grimwood, thank you very much for your pledge on Patreon. Christopher fucking delineated it as part of that aforementioned WWF explosive TNT show coverage. How about these aforementioned it's Love's that word obligation therefore clearly states the lady in question. Oh and he writes with what a maneuver is my free square? I have Vince Bingo for that mating game sketch. I do like the idea of Vince Bingo. I really really do.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I like the idea. It's great to hear from from Fred. Remember up how the Purple Parrot? Of course, it's how can I forget? I mean now? And then you know a Solar System member that you're like, I wonder how he's doing. You know, we used to hear from him a lot. We don't hear from him as much, and that's fine, but you know, you do wonder did they stop listening to the show, did they stop caring about wrestling? Did they fall in love? Did they find another twist in this long road of life that takes them off the lapsed path. But it was great to hear from him, and and I know, since you've shared the ring with him, it might be appropriate for you to share what he wants to share.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, in the words of two thousand's butt Rock Band and w favorite Stained, it's been a while, it's been a huh oh yeah, yeah, all right, all right before Fred shares thought well, I appreciate him thinking and talking in third person. Before Fred SHARE's thoughts, one friendly reminder that a little birdie is lurking. The purple is always watching from up in the trees. Anytime you're ready to do it again. Yeah, I get that win back, brother.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: As I type this, I'm riding in an RV up the West Coast with the woman you met when she was my girlfriend. She has now been my.
Speaker 2: Wife for two days.
Speaker 3: He now, congratulations, But I don't think I knew that see him on social media, But congratulations man. We walked out of our wedding to the tunes of Edge is Gay he sees queerly. I mean really, yes, it was the actual song, but even at my wedding, I can never unhear those words.
Speaker 2: Yes understood, Thank you, Omar for that one. That's yeah, that's from Omar. That's right here, it's Omar. Omar would do that all the time. Long time listeners might remember, by the way, they might remember the purple parrot from the episode we did about what it's like to be on Wheel of Fortune. The whole interview for him, Oh yeah, we did because he did a it was a Hopper show. It's a Hopper show. Well I think it was I'm show was something, or it was the mail bag interview. We just we tucked it in somewhere because we heard that he had done Will a Fortune. It was his lifelong obsession, and he noticed all the little details that anybody used to watch that show would want to know.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's tremendous. He's like and then's like he's like part of a like there's like a because he was brought back. Two he was brought back for I forget what it was. It was like kind of like a like a favorite you know, favorite guests or something, because you know him him getting choked out by Pat Sajack was was like a meme for a while, right, that's right, that's yeeah.
Speaker 2: Celebrities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so they brought I think they brought back a bunch people who's like kind of part of this like fascinating little club of of famous or memorable Wheel of Fortune contestants.
Speaker 2: So it's pretty cool. I enjoy seeing his posts about stuff like that.
Speaker 3: We're currently driving through the mountains while at her request, listening to your series on the Benoa tragedy. Oh my god, really bless her heart. Morbid and disturbing stories are being shared of drugs and cover up, some corruption and a madman who took innocent lives with him as he was eaten alive by the business, all the while being adored by us for it. Shame and pain. You know what, we have never been more at peace. Seven years in the Solar system, five years as a couple in TLF is still the soundtrack to our lives. Anyone asks me for a podcast recommendation for a specific occasion of circumstance, I cut them off before they even qualify what occasion they're asking about. The answer is that fucking cast one hundred percent of the time. Just like I made a vow to my new bride to love and cherish and supporter for all eternity. I vowed to my co chairs to keep my ass open, yes and ready, Yes for the casts, periodical poundings, forever and ever.
Speaker 2: Amen, much love and thank you for seeing a man. That's the kind update we're looking for. Salute from the road, pal, We'll see a out in the way. I was just thinking about the Renaissance Rumble Show the other day. Yeah, and uh, man.
Speaker 3: No, you know, i'd be lying if I said I didn't every now and again go back and just take a look at it. I think it's it was fun. It was so much fun. It's I had such a good time with that one. Absolutely, I'd get you know, I suppose there could be one more. There could be one more left. I don't know if yeah, right, one and more Mad for Boss Adkinson.
Speaker 2: Makes all the sense in the world. Now, what a finish to that little mini documentary where everyone's like, you should actually do this? Man. Oh, I know there was a moment, there was like there's a moment. There was a moment I was there was a consideration. But no, I would say we've learned too much. We know too much about that world. Jeff writes. When TLF begin their Colisseum collection journey. I don't think I could foresee Don Morocco channeling Sesame Street's Bert while splurging pathetically onto his stomach after getting oiled down by mister Fuji. That being said, I'm not that surprised either. Well, the Calle collection takes this in strange places. Spell That's all I can say, Mike Palm, thank you very much for your pledge. Welcome in Carlo Stallion rights. The primary act of Carnival is the mock crowning and subsequent decrowning of a Carnival king. Did you know this? It is a according to an academic, I suppose dualistic, ambivalent ritual that typifies the inside out world of Carnival end quote, the joyful relativity of all structure and order. I do really like wrestling described as the joyful relativity of all structure and order. Yes, that sounds like postmodernism, right, sure does? This is from Botkin. I think a Russian philosopher. He knew a lot about Carnes, Okay, Carlo writes. Botkan identifies four principal categories of the Carnival sense of the world, familiar and free interaction between people. Carnival often brought the unlikeliest of people together those ordinarily separated by impenetrable socio hierarchical barriers. The suspension of dits between people encouraged free interaction and free individual expression. Yeah, I can't help think of how wrestling shows in the territorial days were always talked about in Memphis and Chicago and some other cities as some of the first integrated live sports events, where black fans and white fans would sit next to each other and sort of share in an entertainment experience in a way they really didn't share anything else in society at the time. Eccentricity. With the dissolution of hierarchical relationships, ordinarily unacceptable behavior becomes acceptable behavior. Gesture and discourse that are normally considered eccentric and inappropriate are encouraged, permitting the latent sides of human nature to reveal and express themselves. Carnivalistic messy alliances. The familiar and free format of carnival allows all dualistic separations of the hierarchical worldview to reunite in living relationship with one another. Heaven and hell, the sacred in the profane, the high and the low, the great and the small, the clever, and the stupid. But enough about.
Speaker 4: Sunday, August third, at noon, the lapsed fan takes on Times Square tickets at Comedy Village dot com. There goes the neighborhood, you fucking bitch, and finally pro dot com, there goes the.
Speaker 3: Neighbor shut up, you fucking.
Speaker 2: Bitch, and finally profanation. In the carnival, the strict rules of piety and respect for official notions of the sacred are stripped of their power. Blasphemy, obscenity, debasing, bringing down to earth celebration rather than condemnation of the earthly and body based that friends, Carlos Stelling.
Speaker 3: I heard is what we do? I heard that body based Big fan.
Speaker 2: Craig writes, you do the lapse pilgrimage to Ocean City, Maryland, like where they shot the Fuji vice as we discovered. Yes, and you have to go to Atlantic General in Salisbury, the hospital that Goldberg ends up after shattering the window. It's screwing up his arm. Go to Salisbury. Yes, that's Kevin Nash's line. Go to Saul's. Hey you, keV, I'm right on it, buddy, because everybody knows what you mean about this random city in Maryland. It's also where they took me, he says, when I was hit by a car in Ocean City when I was eighteen. Oh Jesus, Well, Craig offers to cover desserts and drinks. So if we're ever going to Ocean City, Maryland, we're work covered. Nowhere to go, Jimmy Airy, thank you very much for the increase in pledge, My friend, welcome in to our good graces. We'll winthrop a seahawk. Remember Fuji and Don Morocco and Fuji Wece are looking for the Seahawk drug dealer. Remember that, Yes, I do, He says, a seahawk heavily involved with coke in the eighties. I can't have been the only one expecting a Brian Bosworth cameo. Uh, Steve Jack was correct. It was a von Eric angle that Vince said, we're turn off sponsors. Yeah, we were reading reading something that he put in his magazine about how unlike other organizations that are doing things that are too hyper violent. It was one of those like you know how we're taking over the National Television Producer's Convention and we're advertiser friendly and I'm trying to remember what it was that Vince was kind of throwing shade at, and it was the Van Eric angle that Vince said would turn off sponsors when Chris Adams Kevin Van Eric had the chair shut thing and he busted Kevin like ear to ear, by which point David had died and carried one then to be a belt. So the courtship with Fritz and World Class was on hiatus between Vince and Fritz. Of course, Stephen also hopes that further expiration of TNT leads to the coach heers discovering the lost episode of TNT that never made it onto ww network. The only valid reason for which I could find was that it had doctor Jerry Graham on and Vince's visibly marking out to be on TV with one of his heroes. Yeah, and one of the more notorious human beings to ever be in the wrestling business as well. There's also a very campy, questionable swimsuit competition featuring Baltimore models that Vince McMahon MC's at the end of the thing. As far as I can tell, if you haven't noticed, I've seen it. He doesn't, you know, do anything inappropriate or untoward that's very obvious, but would love to know when they were poorting over the whole TNT archive to the network and or peacock that they decided to just leave that one off to the side. We noticed. Yep, we noticed Jordan's CAPECI. Thank you very much for your pledge, my friend, and thanks for being part of what we do on Patreon. Andrew just wants to drop a quick note. This is Drew just saying, among other things, Boss, thank you. If you could share it with the Solar system please. Hey, guys, just wanted to drop a quick note to say thank you. I've been a listener for a long time Patreon since eighteen and a freeloader before that. I never really understood would even dismiss how people could write in and say how much the cast saved them during hard time. I'd laughed to myself and think it's just a college podcast. At the end of the day, it's just some high quality con tent. Long story short, my week old son, who decided to make his entrance a month early, had some issues regulating his temperature. After a few days at home, we ended up in the er where he had an apnea episode and stopped breathing. Due to a rapid drop in temperature hypothermia. They had a rush into to the NICU. My wife and I were completely in the dark. No one could tell us that everything was going to be okay. Oh fuck.
Speaker 3: For a while, we truly thought we might lose him. Thankfully, we were eventually reassured that he would survive, though he'd need to be monitored closely so for the next week. The NICU became our home. That first night, with emotions running high and knowing he was sedated, I tried to get some rest. I put on the first episode of the Saboo Tributes and lost myself in the cast I've known and loved for years, And in that moment, I realized, you guys are more than just a college podcast, more than content I enjoy that gets pumped straight into my ass. I can't quite put it into words, but I finally understood how people turn to you during the hard times. Daddy, that time spending me and I see you taught me a lesson in humility, gave me a new perspective on life, and reminded me to never take anything for granted. My son, now a month and a half old, is doing well. His follow up visits have been positive and it seems like this was just a small bump in the road. Thank you for everything you do. Keep up the amazing work. I'll always be listening and always look forward to the next episode. Cheers, Drew. That's listen. I've said it before, I will say it every time. It's not something that I anticipated, it's not something that I sought out, But I'm grateful that this that it has happened that way. Yes, I'm grateful that we can be there. It's one of the great side effects of doing this show. Yes, and I am. I'm grateful for that. I'm grateful that we could help you in that. I can't even imagine how scary that was for you. And that's just Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been ten years worth of these letters by now. There's something going on. There's something real, there's something additive, there's something hopeful happening when we pick up the stick. Because wrestling fans they have a hard time finding hope. They do, yes, why they watch wrestling so religiously. They're trying to find something to cling on to that they can look forward to. And you know, like you said, never by design, but always by effect your co chairs there in that void. Brandon from Jersey, longtime homie and supporter. I want to thank you very much for your support in all these years, most recently via Patreon urgent Tavis, thank you very much for joining the Executive producer tier. Same to you, Simon. Really appreciate it. Mike writes, you have said China, Paul Orndorff, and Bill Mercer were near calls. Okay, that is to say people who when we heard about them, we thought about picking up the phone and making it a call, but they just didn't feel in the moment like they rose to the level. He says, if you could go back and do a tribute on any one of those three, which of the three would you choose, Boss China, Paul Orndorf or Bill Mercer.
Speaker 3: I'd probably say Mercer. Yeah, he had a fascinating life. He did, and I feel like he he was a I mean, Orndorf, I don't know like his if if he had I feel like if he had continued as well as he had throughout the eighties after Hogan, I feel like that would have been he might have he might have been more deserving. But it's like he he kind of seemed like a flash in the pan. Yeah, and then he was in WCW and you know, as much as I love pretty wonderful, I don't feel I don't know if he really accomplished as much.
Speaker 2: You know, But China, Mercer. The thing about China is you can weigh and they have, God knows they have overplay her impact in the business. But her story how the business chewed her up and spit her out. Yeah, yeah, how Triple H chewed her up and spit her out. You know, I don't know if that's fair. Of course it's not, but you know, you know what I mean, how it appears from the sidelines the Triple and to hear her tell it, Triple H chewed her up and spit her out, And how that all led to the Triple H becoming the fucking boss of the entire WWE, right, And how she just found herself kind of despite a very short tenure at the nexus of so many tectonic plate shifts at WWF and the Attitude era and all of that, and then within the McMahon family unit itself. I think that's that's a fascinating thing. They've done some great documentaries about her, so it's it's kind of trod ground. It's not like we'd be doing like a stare at like a a trademark dive where we're going to uncover all kinds of stuff or talk about stuff in waste people hadn't thought about before, because she's been analyzed in that fashion six ways from Sunday. She was in her last years being followed around constantly by documentary crew who eventually put a documentary out. But I don't know. There's a lot there in what happened, what China did, and what happened to her. Yeah, but yeah, I mean, I guess if it doesn't warrant a call, it doesn't want a tribute. That's just a basic rule. Yeah, which of those three do you think you were closest to making the call for? If they're all even, you can say that too.
Speaker 3: It's funny. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think China. I don't probably China, because China dying was like not just oh my god, the piece of the childhood is gone, like the usual reason for the call. It was also she's not gonna recover, She's not gonna bounce back from the tailspin she went into after w W E was done with her.
Speaker 3: Right, right, She's just gonna be known for fucking nextpok on camera.
Speaker 2: I mean that would have to be part of the tribute, right, we'd have to watch that along.
Speaker 3: Do a deep dive.
Speaker 2: That'll be our only fans the CoA chairs watch.
Speaker 3: Porn fucking watch wrestler porn, watch sucking the sunny, the sunny porns watched the wrestling vixens.
Speaker 2: Find that old porn that what's her name? Chastity was in from e c W. M Oh my god, that's what or Major Guns was in one. Oh my god, there's a nitro girl. I think No, no, that was a UFC ring card girl. Oh my god, so funny. Under the cinemat Once upon a Time in the West. The comment from Craig Lasagna Westerns almost caused a two car pile up. Shout out to Justin Jones for the Patreon pledge we appreciated. Scott writes on JP's comment on the amount of clothes people wearing the desert. As a Vegas resident, the smart ones who work outside keep fully covered. Yeah it's hot, but you got to protect your skin at all costs out here.
Speaker 3: I get, Okay, I'm trying to remember what we were. I guess it must have been once more time in the West or whenever you see. It's not it's not about that. I get that. I totally get that you need to. It's it's the amount of clothing. And it's the heavy clothing that you see them wear. That's the part I don't understand, right, Why the heavy, dark clothing that just makes me want to die. The thought of.
Speaker 2: It, I know it puts me in a compromise position, just thinking about yeah, yeah, he says, it's a minimum wet, light white and white long sleeve and usually athletic tights.
Speaker 3: That that, yes, you see, that's fine. It's the it's the stuff that you see when they're wearing bulky clothing. And I'm like, why can you why think about robes?
Speaker 2: Think about being one of those soldiers carrying one hundred and fifty pounds of gear on your back, fully covered boots. It is one hundred and thirty degrees in Iraq, No, no, and your life is on the line, and you're dehydrated and you're miserable, and you're miserable and you're gonna die. What what do you want? It's what you don't want anything. I'm I'm just making a point. Actually, I don't want something.
Speaker 4: Sunday, August third, at noon, Fan takes on Times Square tickets at Comedy Village dot com.
Speaker 2: There goes the neighborhood. You fucking big, that's really where we belong. Scott also wants you to know. And I thought you'd love this, I always say, he writes, UTC drops on Friday are so perfect. Listen to the episode during the daytime, doing chores, do the watch along at night as the reward, and being able to look forward to the rest of the weekend and always fall asleep after forty five minutes. Yes, it's lovely. A secret to life man. In a lot of ways, it really is.
Speaker 3: Big fan, Big fan.
Speaker 2: Brian Blake, one of the real Cinophiles in the Solar system and a long time supporter and a really solid Sun bitch, writes to us regarding Fonda winning and acting Oscar after getting an honorary one. We wondered if that ever happened before wait wits again. Henry Fonda winning and acting at Oscar after getting an honorary one.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh yes, yes, yes yes.
Speaker 2: In terms of useless Oscar trivia, he writes, Paul Newman and learns Olivier both won a competitive acting oscar after winning an honorary one a year or two prior. I believe, wow, he says. He believes. Also composer Ennio Morricone won his Hateful eight oscar after getting an honorary one. Is yes, that is true. That is true, And he says. Harold Russell is the rare trivia answer for winning both a competitive oscar and an honorary one for his supporting performance in Best Years of Our Lives. He was an amateur actor and a disabled handless World War Two vett who was assumed to have little chance of winning. Harold is also why the Academy institutor rules selling off oscar as well. That's a fascinating thing. He he gives you. I mean, that's that's didn't didn't Billy.
Speaker 3: Graham sell off his ring?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It is a Hall of famer sold off a lot of things, and I think that was among them.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's tremendous.
Speaker 2: All the time has come, will Winthrop bt sports co chairs. Unlike WWE, real sports seasons do end, therefore giving me more free time to finally send an email that's been in the pipeline for many months. With WW signing a deal with Netflix, we have officially reached the end of their partnership with BT Sports Wow, which is now confusingly known as TNT Sports on these shores, to commemorate this movie exactly, you absolutely nailed it t n T Sports. Dude. Really, I mean we're just gonna blow this wide open right now, dude.
Speaker 3: Brother, Yeah, I mean who you've been talking to about?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah? You can call it d n T like.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 3: Did you talk turkey with her brother?
Speaker 2: You don't know, whole cloaking an answer, Bro, what you're talking You're talking to Bill? You're talking to Bill Shaw?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 3: Wait you right, you can talk to Harvest Schuler. Did you did you shield brother?
Speaker 2: You shill for the Shulster tiss and his ah? Did you talk to the talk to brother?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Noises sounds brother brother brother brother brother with the very concerning head spinning like a veladine lidar. Okay on top of a way mo. With WW signing a deal with Netflix, we've officially reached the end. To commemorate this milestone, I feel it's only right to follow in Mark mccol's footsteps and to leave my boots and fake mm A gloves in the middle of the ring and for one last time, provide a compilation of comments left on BT sports facebook page. Below is the photo BT uploaded, thanking WWE for the memory as well. It's pretty quiet, pretty crazy. Let me let me share that with you. This is moment. This has been a mailbag staple for years and years. And get it another thing that the Netflix era just ruins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Netflix sucks. Wow, look at that. Thanks for the memories. I mean it's funny too, like you know, you're seeing makes of the memories. But it's like everybody who is currently on roster except for is John Cena there? No he's not there. No he's not w W Champion John Cena is not there. The Rock's there though, the Rocks there. Triple Ah has got a little better position, but I don't know, they're like they're like right close there. Sure Rock has no business if you're not gonna Rock has no business. Triple H has no business being on this fucking poster, none of them. Do. Look at that, brother, TNT Sports, dude, it's.
Speaker 2: Really weird to see the TNT logo right underneath WWE. Yep, intellectual property aka the wrestlers. So what do you say when I want to go one by one in Uh?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Through what people commented on the finals Goodbye WWE article on at Sports absolutely do we'll start. Let me get the let me pull it up here this waitte is uh the oh yeah here it is? I get is how the general public marked their appreciation will winthro brights. It wasn't much of an era. Lao. Pathetic. The whole thing is pathetic. Who actually follows this? That's that's a great one. TNT have realized it's not sport. Okay, never watched anyways, end of the script. It's good silly eank wrestling will not be missed at all. Yeah, it's supposed to be a sports channel, not theater. Good ribbits. Oh I love how angry as Oh.
Speaker 3: None of it's real.
Speaker 2: For Fox sake, WWE has been unwatchable for over a decade. A huge success for T and T getting rid of that dead weight. I'm surprised people even pay a subscription to watch wrestling. It's fun when you're like six years old, cringe when you're full grown in dullas Sunday off. That's so true. WWE is not sport, it's entertainment. The clue is in the title. Get that as a T shirt factory.
Speaker 3: Man, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: We just set up an API, just pumped these comments right on a T shirt. Good.
Speaker 3: That's so brilliant. WWF Yes, I said it died in the nineties. Now it's just a circus act WCWNW.
Speaker 2: That's that's more like it. There's a little lot of t peeking through, right, Uh huh. Great news. Hopefully TNT can put some actual spot in its place. All the so called grown men crying over a bunch men fake fighting in tights isn't on the TV anymore.
Speaker 3: Grow Up.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. That's a really good one. All the so called grown men crying over a bunch of men fake fighting and tights isn't on the TV anymore. Grow Up, grow Up.
Speaker 1: A wrestling podcast, the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy. It's the Lapsed Fan. He's lapsed fan wrestling podcast with Jack and Cap.
Speaker 3: So that's it.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being boring, that's the comment. Replace it with ease senders. Replace everything with these senders. Who on earth would pay money for a pantomime spot? All rehearsed, staged, and fixed. Biggest swindle in town. I think window oh man, all rehearsed, staged, and fixed.
Speaker 3: Let's fucking go foal, Let's fucking go.
Speaker 2: Just shadow of its formself anyway, the golden days, when the eighties and nineties, when the real character is not like the cardboard cutouts. Now, can you imagine trying to make that qualification while other people are in the chat saying this is the This is like impossibly cringe to even consider watching. Oh, actually it was a lot better before. Shut the fuck up, man, good good stick. Wait a minute, good stick, More football on. Here's a good one. There's another one. We should put on a T shirt.
Speaker 3: It was never a spoil.
Speaker 2: That one cuts.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: WWB is boring, that's it, says someone wrote that. Someone went on the article and wrote that I don't.
Speaker 3: Need That's what.
Speaker 2: You can. Finally cancel subscription has been making us pay for this alone. God thing. We're with you, whatever your name is, fucking Gretchen or whatever your name is. WW is fake wrestling. Ain't nobody gonna miss that bullshit on TV? Fake wrestling?
Speaker 3: Its right, not as good as it was back in the eighties and nineties the WWWE.
Speaker 2: Someone just wrote the Losers.
Speaker 3: Very popular.
Speaker 2: God knows why if I paid one peep per year for it and I feel like they I feel like you were stealing my eyes. Still doesn't make it real, so I can't sorry them.
Speaker 3: Leaving still doesn't make it real.
Speaker 2: I stopped watching WWE wrestling over sixteen years ago. Knows the exact day too. Huh. Yeah, put more UFC things on and replacement actual combat instead of bad actors. Yeah, the worst acting in pathetic Grown men League, worst acting and pathetic grown menly cringe. It is so gringe, it really is.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: It is no loss. WWE hasn't been good in decades, bomy. I thought they died or something, just not on TNT anymore. It turns out someone else wrote fuck off. That's all they wrote. Oh, I used to watches as a kid. How can you take that shit seriously as a fully grown adult. People out here calling it a sport like it's not made up athletic acting. Come on, guys, Logan Poles running around like he owns the gaff. You got people fighting YouTube as dressed as prime bottles. Jeez, what a load of top let's go, let's go, let's go. It goes down like fucking Nando's. Let's taste it. How oh shit, people dressed as prime bottles. A load of tough is the best thing ever. I gotta find that slang slang load of top, give me more, seriously, load of tough British slang phrase used to describe a group of people who are perceived as being from the upper class are wealthy, often with a negative connotation of snobbery. Oh interesting, Okay, okay, so it's upper class, okay, full of juice monkeys and Latex ain't missed it since the nineties. Juice monkeys in Latex. He said, how does an unknown bleach blonde woman get a marquee spot on this poster? Do tell correct question? And to replace w W E two and are you reading ahead? Is that what you're doing? I haven't done. Just okay, you do it? You read this? Replace and replace w W E T N T. Spots are going to be showing live Tidle Wings.
Speaker 4: Life.
Speaker 2: It's not taped, not at all. We're live from Wembley Winner. We're a live Timney Wings competition is underway.
Speaker 3: Yes here we are once again live Tilly Wings Wembley Stadium, the sport to end all sports. We are at the TWE Tiddley Wings Entertainment.
Speaker 2: Drop did you say Tindley Winks Entertainment t W Tidley Wings Entertainment. That's what they replaced Timm W with. There's some guy man. He's in Leads or he's in Wigan. I don't know where he is man, but he's in Brighton or he's in the hall. He sat down and he typed that, and here we are all these weeks later. Oh my god, com losing our ship because that's what you get for reading your head. By the way, Oh my god. It's good stuff, though, Who watches this prescriptive rubbish must be so bored pre scripted as opposed to post You must be postscripted. You must be so, you must be so bored that you're watching this shit. It's a good hit. That's such a deep cut, that's tremendous. Yeah, I don't watch it anymore. It's shite now absolute bum liquors. Good now you have money to pay for proper sports. WW is the worst it's been for a long time. Surely no loss for TNT sports. Harmless harmys there's a fucking T shirt. Hardly a sport anywhere anyway. Oh look, the circus is leaving town.
Speaker 3: And all those brands are so bad now. Fatality is so bad it's not even enjoyable. Wrestling died in two thousand and two.
Speaker 2: Really, oh here, it is not really sport? Is it should be on a children's channel.
Speaker 3: It's like on after Sesame Tree.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, should be on a children's channel. Prioritize in wrestling over football coverage was the downfall of BT sports. Wow, WWE still exists, fair play.
Speaker 3: It must be real if Netflix is picking it up.
Speaker 2: So William concludes, not an especially fawn farewell from the public. Hopefully they'll be oh my god, Hopefully they'll be more appreciative when ww coomes groveling back to TV after they've booted off Netflix, once they've swept up the rights for real sports and no longer have any desire for coordinated combat. I should also note that I peeked back in for that first Netflix raw that you did a live call for perhaps the worst wrestling show of all time and probably the last wrestling show I'll ever watch in full, pure adulterated shite. The fact I canceled my Netflix subscription two weeks later. Was not a coincidence other malebatic musings. I rely on Jack going on old man rants to give me cathartic release. And when he mentioned the jackass Pat McAfee being all over the place when he watches ESPN a few months ago, I was hoping he'd rant on something that is a major annoyance for me. But alas, I'm going to have to prompt him. When, why and how the fuck did we as a society decide that every sports analyst had to pair their suits with the whitest crispus sneakers available. Yep, yes, this is so true.
Speaker 3: Also when did it?
Speaker 2: When?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: Look, he writes, just good, be a fucking adult and put some proper shoes.
Speaker 3: That's basically what I was going to say. I was going to say, why why are we? Why are we wearing sneakers? It's a great question. I I listen, and this is coming from somebody who ended up having to buy sneaks. Did I tell you? Did I tell you this story about the wedding that we went to in the city, So we go, we'd go to black tie wedding in New York and after the ceremony there this was the fucking worst. After the ceremony, there was a three hour break between the ceremony and the reception, starting the cocktail hour. It's like you got a bunch of people dressed up in gowns and tuxedos wandering around the Upper east Side looking like complete goofs. Okay, And so I ended up. I had I had some I had actually i'd worn my wedding shoes for the first time I'd worn them since my wedding, not realizing that the glue to my souls was dead. And so we leave the ceremony and all of a sudden, I feel like something flapping on my foot, like what the fuck is this? And the soul just falls right off. Oh my god. I'm like, oh, okay, well that happened.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I had brought sneakers, thank god. But and then and then as I'm walking, you keep walking, the second falls off. I know. I'm just like, so I'm walking around with no like just it's just a complete disaster. And so my wife says, all right, there's a foot locker. Let's just go there and get you some shoes. So keep them again, tuxedo down, we walk into foot locker, and I ended up buying not by choice, but because they were the only ones that look kind of, you know, classy, but these black air Jordans, And so I got these air Jordans on my fucking but like again, we're buying them these you know what, one hundred and fifty dollars shoes, which I which I criticized my kid for wanting all the time, and yet here I am buying them out of necessity. And but I have to say, I'll tell you what the difference though, is this they were black, they weren't white. Wearing a suit and white sneakers is stupid. Sneakers available, wear black sneakers. At least wear black sneakers or some a darker color unless you're wearing a white suit. I suppose then that would work. But like, come on, be an adult and match your fucking clothes, all right. Can't let him down, can't let well down. So millennials decided that collecting sneakers said something about how in the know you were. I don't know how this happened, but that was what a lot of millennials decided to do. Once they got into the workforce and started to generate disposable income. Is they decided to start flexing their their knowledge of the culture by wearing sneakers to work. Listen, listen, listen. It's just an excuse. And I don't have to wear fucking to not get dressed. That's all anyone sees. That's what it is. That's all it is, unless you're I'm not like mind, I don't, I don't. I don't fault people for that, but what I think, but don't act like you're wearing fucking adult clothing.
Speaker 2: Millennials fell hard for this idea that we're going to take streetwear and we're going to charge four hundred dollars for it, and so you can wear what you wore in junior high school but feel luxury at the same time. Right, and a lot of the luxury brands were happy to capitalize on this. Pretty soon, Prada had sneakers that looked like they were Nikes. What are we doing here, like air Force ones, Well, I don't know what we're doing here is making money. Because these fucking tastes are so pathetic, we'll just cater to them in colors.
Speaker 3: This is why, this is why it bothers me that that like that that that you know, there's this confusion over where our generation lies in terms of you know, and I don't like being included as a millennial.
Speaker 2: I know we are.
Speaker 3: I don't like that at all at pisses we're.
Speaker 2: The working stiffs now, millennials are the working stiffs.
Speaker 3: I just I just don't like being cluded. I don't consider myself to be a millennial at all. I think I'm some I'm I'm I don't like it. I don't like it at all because I don't identify with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah I identify X, right, but I'm not you know, right, I know we're in this weird like the these kind of early to mid eighties berths are these is this kind of weird neutral zone, Yeah, where like you kind of fit into a bunch of different ones.
Speaker 3: And just I'm like, no, fuck that, it's all.
Speaker 2: It's it's part of the same cycle of like, you know, we get into our thirties and forties and we try to collect all the things that we wanted as kids but we couldn't have, and the market's still there because it's not like the next generation of kids wants any of the shit. So our dumb ass adults. Wallets are opening for this stuff. And yeah, sure we'll sell you sneakers. If you're going to pay three hundred dollars for them so you feel good wearing them to work, that's fine. We'll do that. And pretty soon all dress shoe brands have got to have the gum shoe underneath, and they got to look like sneakers or like golf shoes almost.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: That's another thing about dress wear. It's like, why does everyone suddenly start dressing like their fucking shooter McGavin. When did this happen? When is everyone walking around on their way to or from the golf course. That's not dress wear, that's golf wear, that's sportswear. It's fine whatever, But but he's right, there's like this guy like like, what's the word I'm looking for? Pat McAfee kind of exemplifies it a little bit, you know, like party animal jock. But he's dressing up. He's got the fit. He'll say fit like with a straight face, and he's just dressing down what used to be.
Speaker 3: It's like a suit. He's he's like wearing he's like wearing like a suit but with like a like a wife beater and that ship.
Speaker 2: And I can't stand that there's certain things that are timeless. You know, lock in folks before it's too late. Yeah, it's definitely, I mean definitely like.
Speaker 3: A confusing We're gonna assume we're gonna be wearing fucking bathing suits and uh uh you know, and and and uh tube tops everybody.
Speaker 2: Everybody have to dress all the time in a way that's designed to remind you that they burn calories like a motherfucker. Oh you know what I mean. Everybody's got to look performance. Everything's performance. Now these are these look like dress pants, but you can actually run a fucking tryathl.
Speaker 3: Why would you want to do that?
Speaker 2: It's that fucking high end active Oh God help us. All it is is COVID got us so fucking comfortable in our home clothes that we didn't want to leave them. And people were able to convince us that they could, They could three x the price of some of these things, and and and and create a sense of luxury and status around a fucking hooded sweatshirt, which is the ultimate bum thing to throw on, which is fine. I love a good hoodie. Who doesn't, But the idea they found a way to charge us six hundred dollars for hoodies is just the deep the deepest indictment of the species. I can't becauly.
Speaker 3: Because you know why, because our kids will will they they want to well, that's they want to spend. It is a big problem. And wearing fucking you know, getting getting my kids sweatshirts with all these fucking nineties bands on them.
Speaker 2: I'm dressed for work, but I want you to know I work out. I want you to know every fucking second you're looking at me, I work out.
Speaker 3: Well that's fine, go work out, But why don't you work in here? Okay, why don't you get dressed like a fucking human and work in here and work out on your own time.
Speaker 2: Everyone's got backpacks now because they have to put in fucking six hours at the gym after work. Like what do we doing, folks? Can we just like separate these things, like compartmentalize them? Perhaps, but no, I gotta watch this guy literally do like thrust squats and in dress clothes. Well, does he does he have a Does he does he have one of those uh those rising desks where you can tread underneath?
Speaker 3: Yes he does?
Speaker 2: Yeh that's right, stand I read I read somewhere burn calleries, So of course it's I like to walk and work, which you're burning my patience. Hey helps me burn calories. I come step to the mic and I'm screaming my fucking ass off, So I guess, I guess it works for everybody. Will also says feel like every email these days must ask about cinemat qualifiers, so I shall follow suit. This may have already been answered as I'm behind on cinemat, But do real actors who play a character on a wrestling show qualify, such as David Ketchner, who was the original right to censor for a show or two, or Leland Jones, who was one of the cops that tried to arrest Goldberg for stalking Liz. I mainly asked to make sure David Crumholtz, who start as the fake Drew McIntyre and the Thunderdome apparently makes the Santa Claus as cinemat eligible. Did he really don't know anything about this? I don't know that at all. Oh my god, that's really fesingring a thundered doome. Raw he likes a body double for Drew McIntyre. I guess that's really funny. I mean it all depends. I mean it's not that simple per se, but like I like them to be more involved, preferably and then just made a cameo. Then just having made a cameo like like like you know, I'd say, I'd say the best example, in my opinion, of somebody who didn't actually even get in the ring but was constant is Leslie Nielsen because of the ninety four Yeah, he actually took you on TV pro right, can they on TV for a month or more? You know with all these little vignettes and stuff. So he's like, really, that's a real connection. Yeah, I don't know. I'd have to take a look. It's a case by case thing. Also, it depends, it depends, I won't lie about this, depends on how desperate I'm willing to put a movie. Of course, you're old, you're just a human being. Yeah, but some ridiculous ones. Oh there's a wrestling scene on a TV in one scene, it's like, okay.
Speaker 3: Oh that totally that that listen that if they if they are if they, I will say this, if the if the director, because there's there there there, we've already done one of them that that that qualified, that was natural Born Killers. It's the only reason why I qualified was because it was you know, and that to me is the like. But if they if the if the director whoever it is, Oliver Stone or the guy who directed the movie The Fugitive sequel Us Marshalls decides to focus the camera on TV that is featuring wrestling and they don't cut it out of the film. That is a definite qualification because there is a they chose to keep that in. They chose to keep that in, and that is a major qualification of it. But to your point, like a cameo like all the raw gms, the guest hosts and stuff like that. Yeah, I just it. It feels a little too easy for me. But again it's a case by case basis. I mean, honestly, David crumholdts, you know, the Santa Claus, I would movies like that, Christmas movies especially. It's like, I'm more than willing to to to make exceptions for that because because I'm I I love that.
Speaker 2: I can't believe the one It's a wonderful life that you found. I thought that was never gonna happen. I know, we're just like, sorry, I can't, man, I can't do it. I was like okay, and then was and I went running to my bookcase to get my It's a Wonderful Life book.
Speaker 3: And the fact that he makes it on the screen too is what's my So you know, that's the best part is that he actually makes it. That's always you know, when you have the actors who the wrestlers who are in the movies, who are mostly background, they don't really have a real part, it's it's it's so much more satisfying when we can find them yeah and see them and like say, hey, there they are, we got them.
Speaker 2: I agree. That's that really brings it home. Like Joe Fowler an Independence Day, that you can see him is so important.
Speaker 3: So hardly but he's there. Even Jola Creta like, we couldn't see him in uh in uh Friends of Any Coil, but we could see him in Jaws and that was huge.
Speaker 2: Now cute one of the Christmas movies and stuff, it's August too early for pumpkin spice.
Speaker 3: Never never ever listen, They've they've been sought at Walmart, they're already selling pumpkins spice. And I can't wait. August. End of August. They've got to someone. Someone texted me the date. They've got a p SL date. Listen the moment it comes out. I don't care when it is. It's fall.
Speaker 2: What if it's like a crafts I'll be drinking it and I'll be wearing a big ass fucking coat. All right, I don't care. I'm ready. I have found myself and these dogs end of July. End of July, I'm ready for for a fucking fall. I think that's what makes me ask about it is I've now, I've now downloaded that cadence myself, and I'm just I found myself in some of these dog days, a summer kind of day dreaming about the sound of leaves scraping on the cement as they're blown down the street.
Speaker 3: Yes, just the idea of opening the door and it's brisk, but it's not freezing, of course, not just brisk. Love that love that feeling. Okay, I cannot wait for that because he doesn't feel like that right now? Does it? The door? Oh my god, it it feels like fucking hell on earth. Just today was brutal. It was today, It was fucking brutal. I so today was one of those days. You could be in the car. You could be in the car for an hour and a half. Okay, your car is ice cold from air conditioning. You get out, you have to go drop something off of the fucking mailbox. All right, You're gone for thirty seconds tops. By the time you get back, you're hot. Your car is a fucking lava pit. It's like, it doesn't matter, it's that hot. It was awful today. I want to shoot.
Speaker 2: People love that ship. They love when it's so hot.
Speaker 3: Man, Oh, I can't. I know. My wife's my wife like she lives for the sun. She lives for the sun. And I'm like, I want the sun to go away.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that say so much? Why can't it be gray outside? I know, I mean, I don't want to be gray per se, but I don't want the sun to be like, you know, overwhelming my ship, right, I want to be I want to think about other things than the fact that it's one hundred degrees. But if it's a hundred degrees, I can't think about anything else.
Speaker 3: And not to mention, like I go to walk my fucking dog and this is that type of time of year and he's just so humid and they're just fucking gnats flying like the moment you walk outside.
Speaker 2: Then I was like, yeah, they do not call the fuck down. And it's like they're like all over my face, They're going in my fucking ears. It's just it's miss what's there to recommend it? I know, I know, just mosquitos nats die. It's great, just awful, says. If there's one thing I know about the co chairs, it's that you always appreciate being reminded of any pressing insight from previous shows. Therefore, here's a quote from Jack on the Summer Slam ninety seven episode when asked about the moment that cemented him as a lapsed fan at three hours nineteen minutes. Quote, when I realized that what wrestling was going to be post WCW folding was Triple H and his many ascents up the mountain, and everything was going to revolve around him when he had the power to make the hype about him. No matter what happens, who comes in, or what storyline they book, it's basically about Triple H. Either Triple H is winning or he's making somebody. And that's still too much Triple H for me, And even now in today's new world is Paul where he's baby facing himself as the NXT mastermind, as this great architect of WW accepting indie rific style matches, It's still about Triple H. And I don't care about Triple H that much.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's so fucking.
Speaker 2: But in twenty seventeen, and given that Netflix show opened with him revealed in the ring like a big like a bad David Blaine trick, safe to say it's even worse than before. Say who went into the Hall of Fame this year? God, you recently mentioned The Pain off the Pacific as an underrated journey. I feel they need to admit that because of that journey, including a throwaway riff on Larry's Bbisco visiting Tji Fridays.
Speaker 3: No, I don't remember that, but.
Speaker 2: I know immediately think of three things whenever I see a sports announce their favorite restaurant, chosen order, and how they address their waitress. For example, anytime I watch Sunday Night football, immediately picture Mike Tirrico ordering a Ribie it out back after the game and making the effort to read the waitress's name tag such good stuff. I remember Damn Jack being enraged to Wrestlingia thirty three for having Pitbull concert five hours in and demanding to know who on earth could want that. Well, we found the one person. Darts prodigy Luke Littler was a kid in attendance for the show. Okay, there's the darks darts. There are no products. Well into darts. My friend will as well. At the darts, I can tell.
Speaker 3: Like like like it's like being a bowling prodigy. All right, I'm sorry, it's just not happening. No, I can't. I can't stand by that.
Speaker 2: What's going to be in the Olympics for the first time this year? They had break dancing last time, adding something else ludicrous. Darts prodigy Luke Littler was a kid in attendance for the show and now uses that song as his entrance music because of that, it is the wow, absolute bane of my life. Making that song a regular part of my life is Vince's biggest crime. And finally, over the past year, you've been asking people to say what TLF means to them in honor of TLFX. Here's my testimony. Because of TLF, I know what Jeff Town is I sent an email to you five years ago saying that I couldn't get the sound of Jeff's grandmother playing the piano out of my head after watching it, and you said I never would.
Speaker 3: You were right.
Speaker 2: Not a week goes by where that sound doesn't cross my mind. So fuck you for that.
Speaker 3: It's all it's it's listen that that, you know. It's like it's like when you go it's like when you go to another country that has you know. I think about the time I went to the Dominican Republican vacation. I found out a year later that the place we went to was a hub for malaria. Sure, and it's like you're just you're just you're you're just consumed by that now and you can't. I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I want to donate blood. I'm you know, I've never been able to successfully donate blood.
Speaker 3: Ever. The first time I did, they hit two veins and might they clotted like crazy, and so I couldn't. I gave. I could only give like a quarter of a pint, and it was like, no good. So that was the first time. The second time was this time after this vacation, and they said no because I wanted to I want I need to find out my blood type because my kid was being born. And so this is right before we started the show. And and they said, have you been to the Dominican Republican the last year? It is yeah, well then we can't take your blood because because you know, because that's a hub for malaria. It's like, fuck me. And even this, even this last the last time I did it, there was there was a there was a place at my wife's work and they were doing like a blood drive. And this is the third time, okay, third time I've tried to give blood. And their computers broke down and I couldn't wait, Like I couldn't wait, Like I was there for over an hour waiting for them to get their computers in the fix and get their systems back online.
Speaker 2: And I couldn't do it. I had to leave. I had to go to an appointment. It's like, I just am not meant to give blood, not meant to donate my fucking blood. You know. There are worse things.
Speaker 3: And that was for that was for a big reason. This was maybe a year or two ago. There was a reason too, because like like there was a lot of I forget what happened where they needed blood. Oh yeah, U earthquakers something maybe it was an earthquake or natural disaster and there was like just a need for blood. And I was like, all right, gladly, I want to, but it just never works out.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, it's wacky.
Speaker 3: It's wacky. It's like, I mean, three times. I know I haven't like tried a million times, but it's like I just never been able to. It's just to me, it's weird that in three times, I've never over over the span of twenty six years, three times, and I've never been able to give it.
Speaker 2: And you never tried to blade in one of those renaissance. I guess seriously, it's that malaria thing about Dominican reminds me of like, you know, like the Winner of twenty twenty. Have you ever been to China? Have you been to China lately? If yes, then you can't go on the cruise? Yea, yeah, guys, we're going to contain the coronavirus. Yeah, okay, ok right right, Steve the good old days, Steve back in the spot, he says, and also Buffalo Bill Shows qualifies the Westerns. Origin also qualifies all Westerns because it inspired one of Bischof's failed business ventures and the beer thing you tried. You can qualify any Western because of Eric.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, he says.
Speaker 2: You could definitely make a case for calamity. Jane is in real life, she spent a fair bit of her career working for Buffalo Bill. Hey, there we go, t Jane, Jason Hangholm, thank you very much for your generous support, Eric saying to you, Matthew Hardaway, thank you very much for joining us in a big way on Patreon. We do deeply appreciate the full throttle support. A reminder, you know, if Patreon isn't your thing in terms of like a recurring way to support the cast, you can always drop a tip in our digital tip jar. Just type the lapsed famite gmail dot com and your PayPal account and you can send us just a one off payment. Michael Hooper did that recently, said you know, hope you both are well. Coachairs, keep on keeping on and man, that's our day. Just to get a little bit of that support. That way, that's like the new thing. Anyway. I see all these video streams, it's like people are like donating in real time. You know, like ching thank you to get to get a shout out on the stream and stuff. So it's no different than that. Zach writes, of course Warrior was shady and full of shit, but it always struck me as so bizarre how Vince Bruce at Hall acted like it was this mic drop proof that Warrior lied about the reason he missed shots because he hated his father. Remember the whole thing about how his father died and he went to the funeral and that's why he no showed shows in the ninety six run Yep, yep, and he couldn't possibly care that he died. Yeah, that is pretty fucked up. He says, what other employer would consider how close you said you were to your late father as a basis to grant bereavement leave?
Speaker 3: Well, I believe in Well, First of all, I need evidence. Oh you're all broken up about it, hump hell. I mean, I mean, all of a sudden, you're caring about an individual that I know for a fact you didn't care about. Can I have evidence to show that your relationship got better?
Speaker 2: My business is going to be substantially impaired by this decision you've made, and I fill on within my rights to properly diligence the basis on which you're causing that impairment.
Speaker 3: If you know, I mean you're under contract with.
Speaker 2: Me, which means I can do it contract with your father's funeral, right, So yeah, I take that.
Speaker 3: Where do we Where do we stand now? Are you in breach of contract with your father by not attending his funeral?
Speaker 2: Of course not? Or is that contract with him melon void anyway because he's dead. You never cared a shit. He never cared about you, and you never cared about him. So if you need to go there, I need evidence that you truly had a relationship. I don't need hard, concrete evidence, whether it's pictures, letters exchanged through the mail, videos, whatever I need. I need a significant amount of evidence to prove that you had a true relationship and that you are that you are suffering because I Jim will not be taken advantage of because I'll tell you what, you will not make me suffertly. I lost my dad too. You don't see me citing it as a reason to miss shots.
Speaker 3: In fact, I doubled down on work after he died, and I'm gonna double down on your ass.
Speaker 2: That's how he deals with talent. Tyler aries. Thank you so much for your generous pledge. Ray Sanson, thank you very much for joining us on Patreon. Cliff writes, Okay, I'm gonna give you this one. This is a first time emailer, so that's that's always cause for celebration around these parts. Oh, by the way, now that we just finished the whole thing, Will Winthrop is the mail bag goat. Oh I'm gonna say it right now. And I don't know where we go from here if indeed the BT Sports segment is no more, but that's how I'm gonna miss it too. So many things trend just transitioning, you know, so many things in the before times in the after times. There's a line in the sand being drawn here at the midpoint of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: But yep, the second half of that email lets you know that he's still going to very much be in contention even if he doesn't have that that resource available to him. But let's hear from Cliff.
Speaker 3: And also, just so you know, so the bleach Blonde that that one person was angry about is Live Morgan, Live Morgan. Okay, Sorry, I stand I stand by that. That's right.
Speaker 2: On brand for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, yep. Greetings co chairs and fellow connoisseurs of consensual combats, right, consensual comp that's you listen to what it is. I wonder if they have I'm sure they don't because they don't have a union and they don't have anyone, you know. But I was like intimacy coordinators, like most like films have to have nowadays, you know, in regards to given that it is a very much uh, you know, physical contact form of entertainment, you know. First time emailer, longtime e listener like that. I wanted to send you both an email for a long time, but I wanted to make my first message cats spirit. I think now is the right time to reach out. I came across your podcast in March of twenty twenty one on a Twitter thread recommending new wrestling podcast mentioned TLF and said it was worth a listen. Like for many, the runtime was daunting at first, but that spring wasn't easy for me. My grandmother and I basically had to move out of our house for a week while it was being bug bombed.
Speaker 2: That's the worst.
Speaker 3: It was not a fun time. I crashed in my mother's living room for a week on an air mattress and started that started deflating after four days. Yeah, that's the worst feeling when when you're when you're sleeping on an air mattress and all of a sudden, you can you know that it's like wait a minute, like you like you're laying on your stomach. You're laying your stomach, but you're like sinking in the middle, and so you're you know, to feel the hard ground. Yeah, yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And found comfort in the release of a video game I've been looking forward to for well over a year and this new college podcast I was quote trying out that effortlessly distracted me for hours on end. Fast forward four years, and I don't know when the quote trying out period ended and the quote never stopping unquote period started. But I guess that's all. That's how all addictions work. Right. To say your pod became something of an obsession to me would be an understatement. I created a spreadsheet to catalog every show you did and their run times, were they a Hopper winner, what journey they were a part of, and if I've listened to it or not. It's a work in progress. I create playlists in Spotify to keep track of episodes and journeys. Does it matter to anyone else that both parts of In Your House eight Beware of Dog was six hours and fifty seven minutes total. Wow, both parts the same time? That's crazy? No, But do I love knowing that every show from nineteen ninety seven clocks in at almost one hundred eleven hours. The Stark Memorial Tour is eleven minutes shy of one hundred and twenty hours long at your magnum opus. The journey I've dove into three times, the lamentable tragedy of World Class is eighty eight hours thirty six minutes long. I can't believe, actually, that the WCCW World Class is less than Starcade. I would have thought because that was just such a long, a long period of time. But yes, it gets my fucking dick hard knowing you've spent hundreds and hundreds, no thousands of minutes buried deep inside me. Yes, staying there until your are finished and holding on just a little bit longer because you aren't finished yet, that's the right way. That's it. That's it. We stay until we're finished, but we hold on a little bit longer because we're not finished.
Speaker 2: Wow, Holy shit.
Speaker 3: I say all of this only to bring the mood of the email crashing back down to earth for a moment. I've struggled with an addiction for probably ten years now, not realizing my seemingly vice was a crippling addiction until I was making up excuses that after moving in with my fiance to hide away from her at night to indulge or would waste hours of my day when I was home alone buried in my addiction, knowing full well I would come out of the other side regretting every second I just wasted beating myself up for the rest of the day. Couple that with a recent diagnosis of depression and a history of generalized anxiety, twenty twenty five has been a to find dog shit year for me. I've been off work since April as a result, and I'm trying to find a new direction in life. Thankfully, my fiance is incredibly supportive and has given me more grace and understanding than I deserve. If she only, if only she knew how badly I was cheating on her. With the two of you, every spare minute I have holding you both deep inside while I do menial chores around the house or cooking our meals and making the most boring tasks doable. Maybe she'd rethink her engagement. Maybe she will when I get her a lapsed wife shirt. Once we finally tie the knob couple.
Speaker 2: They're out there.
Speaker 3: This's happened. It's great, and I love that. I started a blog a year ago and I've been having the time of my life writing about wrestling from all over the world. I've linked it at the bottom of the of this email if you care to check it out or shot me out. I can't stand reading pages that only cover the current product and give bland boring play by play write ups of what happened in the week. Just recently, I covered a match from Deadlock Pro Wrestling in twenty twenty four and an NWA Los Angeles match from nineteen fifty one in the same post. I watch and review everything and anything. I'm not picky. It keeps me busy during the week and lets me explore this hokey, insane world of body slam ballet for brainless buffs, Body slam ballet for brainless Buffs. I've even started collecting in old wrestling magazines and VHS tapes and digitizing them. In my spare time, I'm working on my own coliseum collection with THEWW network or with the WW networked out now dead and buried for US Canadians. It's become my passion and I want to explore it further and maybe even make a couple of bucks off of my writing. Starting my blog and expanding my wrestling horizons has given me the courage to stop watching WWE Cold Turkey. I have been fed up with the f for months now, but kept watching p Le's out of habit and wanting to keep up with the product. But the closer I got to WrestleMania forty one this year, the harder it got to justify watching this slop. If I heard, if I heard Triple H say, oh come on, where the fuck is it? What we do? There were God in an interview one more time, I was going to throw myself headfirst into a wall. I did a scorched earth blog post about WWE and gave it up completely after seeing a beat Rhodes in one of the worst Mania main events I've seen in a long time. But that doesn't mean I won't get my fix from my co chairs. Once an addict, always an addict. I couldn't help myself. I love your breakdown of the senior heel turn before Mania. You both said everything I was thinking about this turn and validated my fears that this was going to be a huge stake. So after the Manium made event, I was out running errands and I felt that itch. I wonder where they thought of that main event. They couldn't have been happy with it, I wondered to myself. Almost an autopilot, I pulled out my phone and loaded up the Patreon app, the same app I once gave a musician a dollar a week to produce music I wasn't listening to any more. The app I once gave a dollar to a podcast I wasn't listening to any more. The app I was using to follow people and be a freeloading bitch. On the very same app, I am now giving twenty two dollars a month for something that is essential to my day to day life. I considered backing out A week or two later. I'm unemployed, I thought, I need to save money everywhere I can. Fuck it, I'm canceling out her bullshit subscriptions to keep that ivy hooked directly into my veins. The lapse fan is the fucking truth, and I will happily die on this hill for my co chairs. I wrap up this email by saying thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you. TLF has done more for me than some of my family, my friends, and any amount of medicine has to help me, has to has to help me keep going. Depression and addiction can can kick rocks, and I am determined to kick both of them and take you two along with me. It's not easy, but nothing worth doing ever is. There is light at the end of the time that I that I still can't see, and I don't care.
Speaker 2: How long the road is ahead of me. I have all I need to keep me going, buried deep inside yours in sports fakery. Cliff, Salute, Salute Cliff.
Speaker 3: Damn right.
Speaker 2: We'll keep casting. That's all we can do. We'll keep casting, Daniel writes. Vince explains ww T Saboo, it really makes me laugh when laps Vince goes off on a one sided conversation. I thought I would transcribe the one from the most recent episode where Vince is explaining to Saboo why he needs to do promos and become a real WW character.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what.
Speaker 2: If we may do the Great Saboo fly in We could create a toy with wings, the Flying Saboo. Then we could have variations on the action figures. We could have combat Saboo or Sabu the garbage man. You see, the kids can create their own stories. We provide a template. The kids can create their own stories. We provide a template. It's so funny. Oh my god, Oh my god, that's the funniest shit ever.
Speaker 4: Hear.
Speaker 2: We provide a template. You see the WWE And I don't know if you're aware of this. We're a publicly traded media conglomerate and we have offices in Connecticut, New York, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Australia, Toronto, Tokyo, different places. And we provide a multitude of weekly content that is a template for branching off into personal story telling. I couldn't finish it. Hold on, and we provide a multitude of weekly content that is a template for branching off into personal storytelling. As we inspire others to create their own stories. It's not.
Speaker 3: It's not even about creating, like fucking television shows. It's about creating. It's about creating stuff that can then.
Speaker 2: Inspire kids to do storylines with their action figures. So so you have to execute our story in order to inspire others to create their source. And in doing so, we involve the different aspects of this digital age that we live in, dealing with all sorts of verticals and return ROI very big on ROI and the Ara.
Speaker 3: You get it.
Speaker 2: You get it.
Speaker 3: You speak my language. You know, Oh my god, you know something. You know, it's very funny. It's like it's like I I I listen to this, you know, and I'm like, oh my god, like like he sounds like Trump, he speaks like tru guess. Yeah, you know you love the Big Family.
Speaker 2: You know. It's like it's it's hilarious. Yeah, that's a good point. Yeah, there's a little bit of that going on here. You speak my language. And then I piped in and said, your original ring name, as I understand it, Pale was Terry s r O. I right, that's what it was, Terry s Return on Investment. Okay, you're ready. This is this brings it home. And Daniel took the time to transcribe this That's how you know we hit something big when someone writes us and just transcribes what we said. Oh my god, that's right, that's what it was. Terry s return on investment. I see no problem with how we advance. Go forth, create, inspire, tell us story, go forth, go forth.
Speaker 3: Go forth. Oh you know, this is this is the this is this is what's I'm I'm, I'm what what What makes me laugh about that is that? And and in a weird way, it makes me angry at myself because I could never fucking write that ship. It came out of my brain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it came out of your lapsed Vince brain.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But I could never sit down and fuck write that.
Speaker 2: Definitely not.
Speaker 3: That's why audio fucking rules, man, Oh that's why rules. That's just fucking hilarious. Andrew, greetings from Zombia. This is a first, dearest co Chairman. I write to you from the heart of Livingstone, Zombia. I wonder how many lapsed fans are here with me. Over the last week I've been here for work, my days starting very early and going very late when I travel for work, especially being so far away from home and my beautiful wife and daughter. I have a hard time, very hard time sleeping and staying mindful andsane during the stressful time. The show has been my salve, a the thing I can look forward to when I put my head down at night. Here at the hotel, I've been running on three to four hours of sleep each day for the last week or so. But I'm less stressed about my sleep because I am able to put my headphones in and tune out and relax. This week, I've caught up on the thirty week Mania journey, speaking of which I think thirty one to forty really deserved lapsed treatment.
Speaker 2: I hope you consider it a remarkable follow up. At the hotel, I was hanging out in the conference room working late still here at almost nine p m. When one of the hotel staff came in, a young man around the age of nineteen. We started bullshitting, and I asked what his favorite TV shows and movies are. He then told me, I sh you not bashfully and just as full of shame as any one of us should have. Do you know wrestling? Actually? Never mind. We immediately bonded over our shared public interest pathetic interest rather, Although I don't think he knew or cared about anything we.
Speaker 3: Heard of public interest we have we have a public company.
Speaker 2: In case that was not clear to you.
Speaker 3: I'm very interested in public interests.
Speaker 2: We then were bolts of very interested in what the public is interested in.
Speaker 3: Exactly, I'm very I'm very interested in interest.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, we're in the fan service business. We then discussed his love for Randy Orton. It cannot be underestimated how much global appeal Orton and Seena have. It's staggering. No lapsed fans here, but sure enough, like I saw most certainly in a few years he will be. We did it. Great dispatch. That's our first from Zambia. Man, that's a new one. That is a new one for SUREA writes to us on our Saboo tribute. So glad you mentioned Saboo's match with Owen Hart a dark match in WWF. I was actually at that show. Oh my god. Everyone wants to see video of that and see if it exists, and have been meaning to write about it since Sabu passed. We had no idea who Sabu was at that point, but he had a full presentation in that match, a someone that was going to be a star. Yeah, we watched the Scottie Too hoty mon a Night Rod Dark match. They were presenting him as so they weren't putting any handcuffs on that guy. He was allowed to go out there and be Saboo and the people were into it. This one comes from the Germans. Name for me is the Little Mang. That's his screen name. He writes in the style and fashion of the ECW Sci Fi era Sabo that we spent a lot of time getting acquainted with during our Sabu tribute series. This is his suggestion for what he might say during one of those awkward promos. I'm Sabu and tonight I'm going to burn down this hotel. There's another good one here. I'm trying to find it again. I don't want to go out of order, but there's another really good one that someone hit us with. Let me see if I can find it, because it just didn't fit right here. Oh my god, it would fit right here. Uh oh not the guy who was on the elevator with Bronson Reid while he was holding Taco bell. This one from Zach. I'm Saboo and I approved this message. Nick Wright, speaking of Saboo's skin, I was front I think I know which of the two of us talked about his skin. Oh God, yeah, I was front row during an MLW event in Orlando. He wrestled in about twenty years ago. Hard to describe it, but its back was like a layer of jelly. Oh. I don't know if it was built up scar tissue or what, but every inch was covered in some kind of scar or pockmark, and it looked like a distinct layer from his normal skin. It was a jig jelly like, disgusting mess. My friend slapped him in the back too hard when he hit the guardrail, and Sabo threw a shoot elbow back at him. Tremendous. Oh man, Western sab Andrew Wright's boss went where my head went. The table will soon be replaced by a digital table to cut costs and maximize shareholder value. That's right, that's right to that. I'm only telling the truth, Rob Wrights, You guys joke. But I was actually in an elevator once with Bronson Reid when he was holding a taco bell order. I just shot a New Japan show in DC. We were all back at the hotel and that was the only place nearby that was open. Even if there were other options. I think he would still I think so too, Rob just rack a taco bell. Jeff Cobb was also there. I'm sure he didn't have the cob salad. Okay, airy forma. Thank you very much for your pledge on Patreon. Welcome man Adam Asbourne. We really appreciate your support. Robert wants us to think about l A Night as the type of arc type can say that archtypical archetypal black t shirt bartender, go refill the lime wedges and flush the taps because it's ladies night. Picture him. I can picture him doing that kind of job.
Speaker 3: I really can.
Speaker 2: The only Night looks like a guy who is working in a restaurant in La hoping to get it apart. That's what he kind of looks like.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, listen, he's got He has got a fucking Manila envelope of headshots and resumes in his car.
Speaker 2: It just looks like one of those guys. I don't know why he does he does. He does. He does look like one of those guys. There's no question, can you say one, which is probably why it pisses me off off sometimes by looking at him, you know as much as I enjoy the guy, you know, there are elements that pissed me off about you. Tell me, Like one feature that he has that says that to you.
Speaker 3: His hair, his hair, and it's like his his his like his high forehead, like I just take is working the fucking at a bar or a restaurant, Like I can see him fucking waiting tables, rushing back and forth.
Speaker 2: Behind the bar. Is just like with a white towel like dry in the inside of a glass, you know, a cocktail glass.
Speaker 3: No question. The beard that like his his whole face is just is just bartender trying to be an actor.
Speaker 2: He's like he's he's like literally like posing in the catalog for the Martini glasses. You know, yeah, yes, yes, our Ronaldi writes Sabu was a proud man who wouldn't compromise because he felt he was respecting a family tradition and ended up regretting not compromising because morals left him with no money and drugs. Sometimes in solar system has a way of summon it up man, and our SA tribute was certainly no exception. Andrew writes, the biggest lie we as wrestling fans tell ourselves is that the non extreme, safer, smarter, pro wrestlers have better health outcomes. It's a lie and we believe it, Yes, Carlo Stallion, pain and shame. Does the disease best express itself when we demand they die for our entertainment? Or when these brave men literally crawl through barb wire for their opportunity to die for our entertainment. Josh writes both the guy and the gimmick in the Ring with Rob Zikowski in ninety one, with the exact same guy and gimmick diving into barb wire in twenty twenty five. I'll never be a fan of the guy, but there's something remarkable about Sabu being stubbornly and unapologetically Saboo for over three decades. No matter which regime he was under, Vince couldn't even change him. William writes, Boss even mentioned it at one some point, But Sabu ended up as Randy the Ram. He didn't have anything left. His partner was gone, the paydays were gone, his health was gone. I don't know if he wanted to die that night, but I don't think he would have minded that much. The bloat makes me think of congestive heart failure. Which can lead to clots. I don't know. I'm left feeling so empty and shameful as a fan that we pushed these guys to do these things. He also says, Abyss absolutely tosses salad, tune a salad, salad, sam salad, seafood, salad, basically anything that is primarily mayonnaise chilled and sir, yes, oh my god, earn a bowl.
Speaker 3: That's what your sling. Okay, that's what's all about. That's what your slang.
Speaker 2: Paully dangerously comes from. Johnny dangerously, not the year of living dangerously. That's uh pointed out by Greg. We were wondering where that comes from. One day. We'll get to the bottom of it. Can we put Johnny Dangerously under the cinemat for any reason, um the nineteen eighty four film. Can we say that that's Paul Hammerson's character and just go with it. No. I don't know if he's ever admitted that or not. That's the problem. No, But if you took the if you took the name from that, I would I would I would qualify that. Joseph nubauerd thank you very much for the pledge. We appreciate it. Same to you, Robert Fenton. Welcome to the executive producer. To your colin, ask for killing it's a prit k fabe last name, Thanks very much. Brie writes, the Rick Rude in a cage thing kind of happened. We were wondering when going through Sabu's career. There was this listening of an ECW match Rick Rud was wrestling in a cage, and I just thought that was a mistake, because if Rick Rude had a match in ECW, I would remember, and it was technically a match. He was in there, as I remarked on X, dressed like the cameraman at a local TV station, and he had jeans and a sweatshirt tucked in with sneakers, and he just, Okay, if that's a match, it's just as much a match as Hulkogan's last match that we just talked about in the UK.
Speaker 3: But I guess you're right.
Speaker 2: I guess I now know where that comes from, the match, he writes with Sabo Arvidivus, Dreamer, Sandman and Rude turned on Dreamer and Sandman during the match. So we like to tie up loose ends on these feedback episodes if we can based on the episodes I've come before, so consider that one done. Wiretap eight oh four. Thanks for the cake, my friend Ross Mueller. We appreciate your support as well. Tim writs is someone who actually fixes broken jaws. The whole section from Saboo's book about the jaw fracture is the most horrifying thing I have ever heard. Absolutely not shocked in the least that he refractured it. Yes, we must not only consider the fractures of Saboo, boss, but the refractures terable toys. We know he means business, and he's putting that cake on the table, and we appreciate. Oh yeah, we talked about Taz going to youth sports in Jersey with a vest on and criticizing thes and the referees, and Gino, who's from the area, who I think we're going to see in New York, actually says I've witnessed grown men yelling at a high school kid ref because they weren't calling traveling in kindergarten age basketball. Taz, this conversation about youth sports is exactly my weekend conversation with my Jersey accent to Boot. We love it so much that we're on point like that. Bob Ross, thanks for the increase in pledge, my friend, we see you. Mike Wright. Shane Douglas was in WCW by summer ninety nine. Yes, we did get this twisted. We forgot. I forgot. I thought he came in when Russo and Bischoff combined in two thousand, but he was already in the company because he had did all the revolution Stable stuff with Ben Juan Malinko and all that in ninety nine as well, and he was rumored to go over with them in two thousand. Him and Conan were part of the group that was said to be looking for their release to go with the radicals. So thanks for that reminder there, Robbie O'Sullivan, thank you very much for your pledge. Welcome to the executive producer teer Anonymous, whoever you may be. Thanks for the cake. Marty f Thank you very much for the support in Clifford Rickabaugh, Thank you very much for your increase. Wayne Tyner. We appreciate the love and want to thank you very much. Boss Carl's writing in from Cape Town. We're going in a nationalis one damn right A Nambia, Namibia, whatever, infinitia Afghanistan. It's all here, this is from Cape Town. All right, here we go, dear coach chairs.
Speaker 3: I was delighted to see you tackle the history and legacy of Sabu and thought it was the perfect time to share my Sabu story as a wrestling fan in South Africa. Yes, as you understand wrestling. Watching wrestling at a precocious age is an addiction, a necessity. I gobbled up whatever I could find, even though it was only WWE. We had no WCW or ECW, and WWE pay per views aired seemingly at random. Shout out to my mom for taping the ninety seven Royal Rumble at six am midweek. We didn't get the after mags. My only source of information was WWE produced magazines, which arrived here several months after publishing Stateside. I was essentially blind. I recall Brett Hart just vanishing off TV. Same with Diesel and Razor. We I had no closure. I took what I could get and was grateful. ECW was a forbidden fruit that only existed in my imagination. In the early two thousands, I got regular access to the Internet, finally, a means to find the real hardcore wrestling with stuff that was too hot for our televisions. I recall vividly coming across an article describing the Born to Be Wired match, no video, only black and white photos. I was astonished. TLC at WRESTLINGA seventeen was my favorite match at that time, and this was a different and this was a different level. Who is sap Woo? How can you tip up a bicep and completely and complete a match?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: What the fuck is going on? I had so many questions with little means to answer them. I discovered file sharing and I needed extreme grappling. I can say with my hand on my heart, I spent more time looking for anything of Saboo than I did pornography. The point to the heavens, the mystique, the scars, by God, the scars. Who is this person? I still think he's one of the coolest wrestlers I've ever seen. His entire presentation was perfect. Fast forward to One Nightstand two thousand and five. I was eighteen and mesmerized with my first proper experience with ECW. I don't know about proper. Yeah, I know it's but it's the closest he got though. Yeah, it was actually a pretty faithful recreation of it. All the crowd, the Hayman promo, the violence. It was like discovering a new color. I'd never seen anything like it, and it was the first time I'd ever seen Sabu in motion. To this day, his quote style still tuxes me. The way he moved, the recklessness, the relentlessness. He had this single minded determination to hurt his opponent with his own body. Either you crumble to the mat or he does, and he is seemingly fine with either outcome. Homicidal, suicidal, genocidal perfectly captured his look and approach to wrestling. Even now, as I try to logically figure out what about Sabou captured my imagination so completely, I realize that it's much simpler than work rate or table spots or a cool entrance. I believe Sabo. I believed Sabo was real, real in the same way James Gandalfini and The Sopranos was real. This character only exists in this world on my television, and they are holy and completely committed to their world in a way that makes only sense to them. I cannot meet Sabu at a grocery store or on the train. He doesn't exist in my world as a person. He doesn't feel like I do, or hurt like I do, or have any of the same needs. He is Saboo, and he has committed to his interpretation of professional wrestling at the expense of everything and how he expresses himself in a match, even if it kills him in the wrestling industry. As the wrestling industry becomes more meta, wow, merta wow, isn't that the truth? Brother?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 3: Brother? Self referential and filled with shoot interviews and quote, here was what really happened. I yearned to allow myself to simply believe in the grappling without feeling like a fucking idiot. Yep, Sabu was one of the very few wrestlers where that was possible. Perhaps Terry Bronk was a casualty of this. Perhaps Terry Bronk should have never, never, should never have committed to his journey of self destruction. But he did, and the least I can do to honor it is be grateful for his commitment to his art. His art is sometimes revolting, but it's distinct. His performance at One night Stand in two thousand and five is very average. But I eventually got to heat Wave ninety eight in his tag with RVD against Gensation, Saki and Hyabusa. Sure whatever, Yeah, that's what I was former Hakushi Hayabusa and yeah shin Shinzaki. That was the first time where the character who captured my imagination from a young age and the person. That was the time where the character who captured my imagination from a young age and the person I'm watching on my television met on equal terms. Thanks for reading, Carl from Cape Town.
Speaker 2: It's stuff, man, that's a good email. That's kind of one I wish we tucked into the tribute itself. But yeah, we always say if you love a show, listen to the mailbag after it or a feedback segment after it, because there's a lot of wonderful follow on from the Solar System, a lot of important clarifications of things we may have gotten wrong or not exactly right, and it just keeps going, it just keeps evolving. Thank you, Nick Russ, Thank you very much for your pledge, and welcome to the executive producer t Here Joe writes to us from suburban Chicago. So listening to the memorial tour for the second time can confirm that as of May twenty nine, twenty twenty five, at three thirty Central Standard time, Nikita Kuloff's wang is still visible on Peacock version of Blade Kate. You might recall his dick comes out of his pants. They put the cock in Peacock's right ten years after JP first made mention, twenty four years after the table Library was purchased, in thirty nine years after original airing. How is that possible? Well, there it is, Boss.
Speaker 3: Oh, I like I enjoy having a little uh Easter egg out there for people to enjoy and indulge in indulge in another man's genitalia.
Speaker 2: I'm going to share this link with you later. Don't forget, but the homie Pedro and Lisbon wants us to know his first time writing to us, big fan from Portugal of a cultaholic article. Okay, he found this and immediately thought we should know about this if we don't know about it already. It's a wrestler who had gone missing, whose human marine remains were found very recently.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I I I've saved that article.
Speaker 2: He was an actor and wasn't Twilight of the Gods starring rock Huts qualify Boss Yeah, qualify, boss, absolutely, and I've I actually already did that kind of a brief little true crime around here.
Speaker 3: Kim. Oh yeah, we love that.
Speaker 2: God, thank God for under the Cinema. We love that ship. Everything's fair game. Oh, Matthew KEI.
Speaker 3: A whole fucking.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 3: See that that again that it's these it's these guys who I find the most fascinating, These people who had these careers and and this guy being fucking buried and just that ah, tremendous.
Speaker 2: Having just like this fleeting connection to wrestling makes it even more intriguing.
Speaker 3: Yep, exactly.
Speaker 2: There was a speaking of Rock Hudson. He kind of qualifies for a few reasons, one of which is the next TA character by the name of Death we Live is Duke Hudson, right next T I think, so let's see, Yeah, he's definitely a Rock Hudson kind of inspirationally inspired character. Yeah, okay, I've always thought that's where his name came from. Uh, And they combined it with the Duke James Dean, right, they call John Wayne John Wayne. Sorry. Yeah, Bethew Key, thank you very much for increasing your pledge. We appreciate it. Christopher zell Er, thank you. For the cake. We uh, we're gonna put that to good use. Adam from Jersey City, dear, co chairman of the number one college podcast in the Solar System. I'm going back to the journeys who've authored over the years hashtag shelf life and found a true magic eight ball fuck skull moment on the memorial. At three fifty four to fifty four of the star K eighty nine Deep Dive, Jack and JP are talking about crooked referee numb Nick dumfuck Patrick and compare his blown call to a scene from Naked Gun. Boss then proceeds to say, we want to see a new Naked Gun starring Liam Neeson. Last four nine years and there's going to be a new Naked Gun with Cody Roads in it. No less right? Is it? Believe he's in it? Yes? Wow, that's funny starring Liam Neeson. Holy shit, Boss, you did it again, he writes, coming out this Friday. That's right, Yet were not? How funny that we read this email on the precipice. Yep, it even qualifies for under the cinemat since it features Cody Rhads. He writes. Anyway, I'm a long time LABS fan, have been following Jack since the shirt dog days remembered Haam TJ and Luffey, the triangle choke of MMA Radio. Even remember the origin of Brandon from New Jersey? Hey, Jack, do you remember Sean mccorky, Oh, I do? I remember that crazy word Smith from Indiana. Hilarious and one of the funniest fighters ever. Thank you for the years upon years of entertainment. Well, thank you, Adam. Great to hear from you. Well, anyone with a name McCorkle. Oh, yeah, that's great. Still automatic right there, Joe's still on these old ones. Yeah, he writes, you've infiltrated my life. Morning till night. I had to take the five to fifty am train for world famous Schomberg through suburban Chicago, Rosemont, and finally arriving in the city. I'm fairly certain Jim Barnett developed all his classy habits in downtown Chicago. Listening to the star K e eighty five cast for the fourth time, as I was crossing the river on Madison Street, the street made famous by the United Center because of Brett Nowen in a cage and maybe some basketball player from Flair Country, I came to a random comment regarding a weird Jake Roberts he caught on bray Wyatt in twenty fifteen something about a condom and a sleep apney mask. Anyways, not the story. After JP moves on from the bizarre moment from the dark poet Laureate from Stone Mountain, I simply parsed my lips as if my mouth was dry, about to start a promo as an unconscious nod to Jake's teeth. Thanks JP for the amazing discovery. Well come to you for your quick Chicago wrestling primer that you didn't ask for. Thank you for giving me what I need. Yeah, not a problem. Joe Martin, great supporter out there. I believe in Scotland. He says he loves anytime the co chairs talk about Shit's Creek and Catherine O'Hara in general. And uh, he wants he wants every Johnson a live call, every Johnson imagine to a retirement on live call. And we're doing it. I mean, I don't think we're gonna miss one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: William Wrights. I think they should have Otis be the spokesperson for Dude Wipes. Just some fat sweaty, hairy guy who you'd know has poor anal hygiene.
Speaker 3: May it like close ups of the of the hairs in his ass that are caught all all the ship and like all sorts of dirt and just vile things like the worst, the worst substances on the planet are just caked on the hairs in his ass.
Speaker 2: They look they look all matted down even in his underwear. Horrible, just like you know, like layers of stuff oh on those fucking asshairs. Doctor Templar from New Zealand, Uh, we're sticking with international dear co chairs. He provides a helpful summary with three bullet points. One thanks for everything you do. It makes my life better too. Thank you to the Mote tier members. We the three sixteen tiers salute your magnificent contributions. That's the spirit, that's the spirit. Don't hate, appreciate, Realize that while it might not make sense for you to pledge in that denomination, that you're eternally grateful that others do because it provides us the fuel we need to keep producing. And even if you don't get to access at all, be grateful that something keeps making us want to do this because when we stop wanting to do this, you are left in the wilderness. My friend, I don't know what to tell you, because the cast is a powerful force, and it's a virtuous cycle and the only reason we have subjected our ourselves to the aforementioned sleep deprivation and other sacrifices it takes to do the show like we do it. It's because we know that you're going to put money on the table to say that it's worth it. That's proof. That's proof of any society. Two, thank you to the mote your members. Three if you were free loading, step up. It brings a sense of self worth that feels good every week. My man, he writes the long story, I'm a fifty eight year old got to be our oldest listener, fifty eight year old New Zealander wow, who first fell for wrestling in the mid seventies watching New Zealand's own on the mat. This would feature New Zealand hero such as Steve Recard, Samoan Joe with an n Yes Samoan Joe, and Mark Lewin taking on the likes of Robert the Bruce King, Curtis Ika and Don Morocco as part of the NWA their champions would also visit, none more feared than Hardly Race. Of course, my twin brother and I would spend hours practicing our wrestling every week when we weren't a brawling MMA style. In the eighties, the WWF arrived, wasn't on New Zealand TV, so we bought magazines and lived for rental videotapes. You can imagine the excitement of hiring wrestle Mania one, not knowing the results. Hiring that must be a key WE word for renting. Hiring like that. The pageantry, the size of the wrestlers and the arenas was a sight to behold. WWF was only available on PATV, but WCW was on free to air, so we watched Flair and Sting battle it out on random late night broadcasts. Over the years, I continue to be a fan, seeing WWF live in New Zealand Undertaker vers Angle versus Mark Henry main event, and also watching many independent shows seeing a very young Dakota Kai learned the ropes. I also passed the wrestling lore onto our son, who loved my old tapes and who at ten hit me with a flare chop so perfect that I had a handprint bruise for five days. These days, he's twenty five and a big, strong, lovely man. And when we me, my twin brother and son start to lapse. When our heroes faded Hogan Hart Michael's taker Flair, and when UFC arrived, instead of watching fake fights, we could watch real ones and they fought just like my brother and I did when we were kids. UFC led to Shirt Dog and TJ. My podcast addiction was born. I listened to all his Shirtdog shows and then backed him on Patreon on from day one for between rounds. When he stopped producing content, I contributed for a year to say thanks, then face the reality that I needed more, so I sampled TLF. At first, it was intimidating, a five to six hour podcast on a single event. What could they talk about for so long? But the research knowledge and sources and the boss's lore and impressions had me hooked. My wife noticed I was volunteering to do household chores. Hey, there's that thumbs up, motherfucker. There's that thumbs up, motherfucker. Yes, with a new enthusiasm as I listened to my weekly episodes, but I needed more and stopped being a freeloader. When you read my name, I punched the air with pride, pride that I was contributing in my own small way to something meaningful. So I worked my way through the back catalog, starting with the WrestleMania Journey, but the TLF Everest remained the trial of his life. I recently completed it and would suggest it should be preserved in the Smithsonian. It is an unmatched piece of journalism. So I wanted to write to thank you for all the work and all the joy you bring nekhon me. I think how you say it. Thanks Richard, well, thank you Richard. We're honored to have you as a listener. And thank you very much for the the vote of confidence. Christopher Queen, thank you very much for recently joining the Mote tier. That is a big time move from you. Stephen Jolly, thank you very much. We appreciate the support. We dropped spotlight on him, didn't we, Boss.
Speaker 3: Yes we did. We had to do it, Yes we did, and Scott was one of my one of my one of my crowning surprises. There are there there are a few, I would say I would say the the my favorites home alone. It's a wonderful Life, and spotlight. Wow, my three favorite surprises to drop on you. Electric, Yeah, truly electric Spotlight. I'm getting abused, he writes. That fucking cast has been to my ass for eight hours. He says, the spotlight. Yees, spotlight, it's win way. I'm getting abused right now.
Speaker 2: Right now. This might be your finest work yet, gentlemen, he writes, Absolutely tremendous stuff. I really enjoyed getting to hear not only that run in from Glenn Cain, but that insight from Jack as well. I think the most important thing here was realizing that Jack's journey has taken us from a burger in the room to a muffin in the bathroom. Forgot about that because it really is all about food.
Speaker 3: It is, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: The homie Ben Blake has a request, and I think it's your turn to dissatisfy it. Have you ever heard of the Doctor SEUs book Fox and Socks.
Speaker 3: H No, I have not.
Speaker 2: I just sent you a link. Okay's a copy of said children's classic.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: The simple request from an avid fan of for a long time who believes the show is second to none, even though he may be the only TLF fan in the world who doesn't care about wrestling. He wants the boss Man to do a great favor and to read Doctor SEUs is Fox and Socks and lapsed Vince's voice. On the next nail Bag episode.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go. We'll go back to the beginning here, We'll go to the top page. Here. Uh, Fox in Socks. This is a book you read aloud to find out just how smart your tongue is the first time you read it. Don't go fast. This fox is a tricky fox. He'll try to get your tongue in trouble. By the doctor. This is by a doctor Seuss says, here, take it slowly. This book is dangerous.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: Fox and Socks by doctor Seuss. Mm hmm. Fox Socks Box knocks Ville County, Knox in box. Well, I gotta change there we go Knocks in box, Fox in socks, knocks on, Fox in socks in box, socks on knocks and knocks in box, Fox in socks on, knocks on, box on.
Speaker 2: Knocks getting silly. Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Chicks with with what Chicks with bricks, bricks, Chicks with blocks come brother, Chicks with bricks and blocks and clocks. Come, look, sir, look, sir, mister Knox, sir, let's do tricks with bricks and blocks, sir. Let's do tricks with chicks and clocks.
Speaker 2: Sir. First, I'll make a quick trick brick stack. Then I'll make a quick trick block stack. You can make a quick trick chick stack. You can make a quick trick clock stack. And here's a new trick, mister Knox.
Speaker 3: Socks on chicks and chicks on Fox, Fox on clocks on bricks and blocks, bricks and blocks on knocks on box. Well, now we come to ticks and talks, sir, so try to say this, mister Knox, sir, clocks on Fox, tick clocks on Knox talk six sick bricks tick six sick chicks talk, please, sir, I don't like this tricks or my tongue isn't quite quick or slick, Sir, I get all these ticks and clocks or mixed up with the chicks and talks. Er, I can't do it, mister Fox. I'm so sorry, mister Knox, Sir. Here's an easy game to play. Here's an easy thing to say. New socks twu socks whose socks sues socks.
Speaker 2: Mhm. Who sews whose socks? Sue sows Sue's socks? Who sees who Sue? Who sees who sow? Who's new socks? Sir, you see Sue, so sue new socks. That's not easy, mister foxer. Now who comes Crow comes? Brother?
Speaker 3: Slow Joe Crow comes who brother? Who sews crows clothes? Sue sews crows clothes slow? Slow Joe Crow sews whose clothes sues clothes? Mm hmm, I agree, slow Joe Crow sews knocks in box. Now so Sue sews rose on slow Joe Crow's clothes. Right, Fox sews hose on slow Joe crows nose, hose goes, rose grows, nose, hose goes some, crows, rose grows some. Mister Fox, I hate this game, sir. This game makes my tongue quite lame, Sir, mister Knox, Sir, what a shame, sir. We'll find something new to do. Now here is lots of new blue go now now goo blue goo gooey gooey blue goo now goo gloe gloey gooey goo for chewing, for chewy chewing. That's what that goo goose is doing. Do you choose to chew goo tooo, Sir? If Sir U Sir choose to choose her with the goo goose, choose do sir, mister Foxer, I won't do it. I can't say it. I won't chew it. Very well, sir, step this way, we'll find another game to play. Bim comes, Ben comes, Bim brings Ben Broom, Ben brings, Bim broom Ben, Ben's, Ben's broom, Bim, Ben's Ben's broom, BIMs benz, Ben's bens, Ben's Ben broom breaks, Bim's bent, broom breaks, Ben's band, Bim's band, big bands, pig bands, Bim and Ben lead bands with brooms, Bim's band bangs and Bim's band broom booms, big band, Boom band, big band Broomband my poor mouth can't say that, No, Sir, My poor mouth is much too slow.
Speaker 2: Sir. Well, then bring your mouth this way. I'll find it something it can say. Luke Luck likes lakes, Luke's Duck likes linkes, Luke Luck licks lakes, Luke's duck licks licks, Duck takes licks in lakes. Luke Luck likes Luke Luck takes licks in Lynx duck likes. I can't blab such blibber blubber. My tongue isn't made of rubber, mister Knox. Now, come now, come now, you don't have to be so dumb. Now try to say this, mister Knox. Flease through three cheese trees, three free fleas flu while these fleas flew freezy breeze, blue freezy breeze made these three trees freeze. Freezy trees made these trees cheese freeze. That's what made these three free fleas sneeze. Stot it, stot it.
Speaker 3: Now that's enough, sir, I can't say such subby stuff. Sir, very well, then, mister knoxer, let's have a little talk about tweetle beetles. What do you know about tweetle beetles. Well, when tweetle beetles fight is called a tweetle beetle battle. When they battle on a puddle, it's a tweetle beetle puddle battle. And when tweetle beetles battle with paddles in a puddle, they call it a tweetle beetle puddle paddle battle. And that notwithstanding, when when beetles battle beetles in a puddle battle. When beetles battle beetles in a puddle paddle battle, and the beetle battle puddle is a puddle in a bottle, they call this a tweetle beetle bottle puddle paddle battle muddle. And when beetles fight those these battles in a bottle with their paddles and their bottles on a poodle and the poodles eating noodles, they call this a muddle puddle tweetle poodle, beetle noodle bottle paddle battle, right, obviously, And now wait a minute, mister socks fox, When a fox is in the bottle where the tweetle beetle battle with their paddles in a puddle on a noodle eating poodle, this is what they call a tweetle beetle noodle poodle bottled paddled, muddled, duddled, fuddled waddled Fox in socks, Sir, Fox and socks, our game is dumb, sir, Thank you for a lot of fun, sir. Now you're now is your tongue numb? The end?
Speaker 2: Wow? Wow, I was captivated fox and socks. I mean somewhere deep down.
Speaker 3: A fable by Doctor Seuss read by Vincent Kennedy McMahon.
Speaker 2: There's something ro co co about it. There's something very spirits consistent with Vince and what we Chris wants us to know. There is a phrase in soccer, if in doubt, kick it out. The wrestling equivalent is clearly if in doubt, hurt yourself. Adam, thank you very much for that executive producer level pledge. We appreciated Sam speaking of Saboo being generous and kind to younger wrestlers. I did Carney wrestler training for a couple of months in my youth. My trainer told us a story about having a match with Sabo in the nineties and Sabu called for a spot where he gives this guy a DDT off the top rope. The guy goes, yeah, but how the hell do you do that safely? I'm just gonna land in your chest off the top and Sabu says, just land on me. I'll take the impact. They do the spot and Sabu gets the wind knocked out of him. He didn't care. That was Saboo. I think it's actually a pretty good little salvation of the guy right there. Thanks for sharing. Dan Swartwoud thank you very much for your pledge. We appreciate it. Ryan writes, Lol, so JP really thought there was a possibility that Sabou was in that movie as a child and was already no as Saboo.
Speaker 3: Yes, there was like a split moment.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's good ship pals, split moment, split moment, just confirming. Ronnie Cathy, thank you very much for the pledge, Matthew, he says, interviews with people like Glenn are just gold loved it. Yeah, what a triumph that was. He was great so many ways. Adam B, thank you very much for the pledge. We deeply appreciate the sport. Alex Ali Wrights Dear Jack and JP. On the Final Class of the Champions episode, you mentioned that many w W themes were royalty free tracks from the Turner music Library. I work as a director for pre and postgame shows at a regional sports network. Hey now, and I've actually come across a few of those themes in our music library. One of my favorites is a track called slow Death. It's perfect for hockey highlights, especially when there's a big hit or a fight. I've requested it so often that our audio operators know toe save it. For those types of highlights. The wrestler we used slow Death during his career, one of the Lapsolar System's favorite bitter bitches. Hardcore Holly Wow or a s JP might call him hardcore Hollins your pal Ali, right, that's true. That's huge that we know the actual name and kind of genesis of that hardcore.
Speaker 3: His name is called, his name is the song's name is slow Death. Yes, yes, it is hilarious, pretty wild. Thanks for that.
Speaker 2: That's a very helpful color because I have heard it. I've heard that song everywhere, not just in WWF.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, remember we remember h the series finale of Hogan Knows Bad. Sure, yep, they play it when Hogan's driving up to see uh to see brook teeny.
Speaker 2: It's a great call. And they played it on Spike TV all the time when they would, like, you know, you finish watching one show and they would play a highlight for what's coming up or trailer for their in house stuff.
Speaker 3: But mom pun on mom doun on mom.
Speaker 2: Peg right, Lance heath Wall, thank you very much for your pledge. Welcome to the VIP tier. Luthernoli just went all the way up to that mote tier. That's a thrill oli I have ever heard one. It's the mail bag of real solid ogs in the game, letting us know they're out there. Two for they're out there and they're ready to be of use to us. This one from Tony says, Hello, chairman, I've been enjoying your podcast for many years. I would love in some way to be able to contribute. I'm about ten years older than you guys, and I had the distinction of growing up as a wrestling fan in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Wow, we know what we can do with that?
Speaker 3: Is he a nasty boy?
Speaker 2: Oh? Related to the Nasties? The Sags's sister Raw The whole family came over. I actually grew up in Bethlehem, and nobody cares. It's all about the time spent in Agricultural Hall with my mom and my Portuguese neighbor who learned how to speak English by watching WWF wrestling. My mom used to take me and my friend Carlos to Agricultural Hall every three weeks to watch WWF tapings. If you ever need a perspective on the atmosphere of the aura and the abundance of white trash, I would be happy to eloquently express the time period and words for those who were not able to experience when it was better. Please let me know if I can contribute for an upcoming podcast. Well, you know what, pal, here's the thing. I'm sure at some point we're going to come across ag hol again and it's going to be on the table. We felt a certain urge to pilgrimage there when we went there for WrestleMania forty. We were there. We had to remember, we bought tickets to a fucking stamp show while walking with the old ladies so we could stomp where they used to tape. Tell oh my god, try to explain to them, and they're trying to explain to us, like, you know what this is right, there's nobody here who's less than sixty eight years old. Yeah, and it's like, well, actually, do you know wwfs in town. It's like just go, just go just that is horrible, horribly embarrassing that day. But remember that market over there, that was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, there was some there were some interesting things there for sure going on.
Speaker 2: But Tony, you write it up, man. That's that's why I wanted to make sure to signpost this during the mailbag episode. Just write up anything you remember. Just give us an essay of all the high points. Let us know not just that you were there, but what it was you saw there that you still remember to this day. And describe what it was like to go to those television tapings. Who did you always see? What was the crowd makeup?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What was it always the same people? What time of day was it? You know, what did you get to what did you get to eat? These are things we must know, just like how long? How long was it? How long was a full day? Exactly? How well could you hear the promo segments like the piper's pit stuff and all the things they set up in the back there? How would you get in and out? How would the wrestlers get in and out of the building? Did everybody know where to look for the wrestler's cars? Is all this stuff true that we used to hear that the heels you know, used to have their tires slashed and all that shit. Give it to us, you know what we need, Joe writes Mongo. Of course we did our Mango tribute used to do spots for a local gentleman's club. When he would just go champagne room. That's what he would just say over and over again. I spent hours trying to find it. Well, it's too bad that we didn't esc Thank you very much for your support and for champagne room. Yeah, the champagne room. That's where you go to be, you know, in private with the strippers and where the gagging happens. I won't say there. From who to who? Matt Anton Houston. He sent us a little bit of cheddar on PayPal, which we love to see, and a little note just to let it go down easy, He writes, I have a jar of fat under my sink. I pour oil into it after cooking to prevent my drain clogging up. Occasionally bits of food end up in there, swimming around. It has a centimeter layer of white hardened fat on top. The smell is immense. This is how I imagine Dusty's nether regions. Durnada wants us to know that there were one male rats, at least in Philly during the ecw Ring of Honor days. The Special k Faction had quite a few of them. So there you go. You're asking about male rats before.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I remember, I remember.
Speaker 2: Bud Stefan Heenan. Always appreciate your sport. Thank you very much. Rob Williams, thanks for the increase in sport. Really appreciated Jordan's Capecchi. Thank you very much for always putting down the chutter that makes the difference. Zach puts it well on on Spotlight. Lots of parallels between wrestling and the territory days and the American Catholic Church moving priests around to get their shine back. One territory parish to the next. Has no knowledge of a fresh, new, baby faced priest coming to town. Unfortunately though the priests they considered altar boys their ring rats. Yeah, it's it's it's it's similar. There's some truth, similar lifestyles, similar lots in life. Tim Lee, thank you for the pledge. Christian Holister, of course, always rock solid. Who are you playing with? Wresselmania nine Hulk? I got no, I got uh, I got two gloops here, I got Sid and Luger. It's a good match. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: We have the pain great hip tosses. The great hip hip tossing is a great thing. Is a great thing to keep to keep. Uh uh, you know when the wee hours start, the wee hour start Yeah, that's huge. Hip hip tossing, hip tossing a drill?
Speaker 2: You got a drill? Yeah, you have to right, got to make sure they're on point for when the lights are on the brightest. Right, do you know we have the pink sid? What we have the pink sid? We have the pink sid. Where I'm looking at it right now? What during one of our hauls and whoever it was it got it for us is going to remember this? It was hidden inside of another gift. What I just found it a little while ago. Oh my god, tell in your way. Holy shit, those who are what we're talking about? W W glube I think uk exclusive there was a sid instead of the black singlet. He has a pink singlet. He has a pink singlet. Yeah, that's wild Bonanza. Those are crazy, I know. So thanks to whoever that was. I'm sure we failed to shout them out appropriately during the unwrappening because we didn't see it. These these motherfuckers hide things. They only get us too much. They hide stuff that's wild. Josh writes, this discussion is so old and nobody's gonna read.
Speaker 3: This, but I'm surprised. What I was surprising is that nobody. Yeah, reached back out said hey and said, hey, hey, hey, I don't think we noticed it.
Speaker 2: No, I would have noticed that. I would have noticed that for sure, because I love those. I love those regular but I still have you know, I love them, the the big Josh one that I have. Yeah, fucking it's Josh. Yeah, that's what happens when we go and wax poetically about you know, long lust and rare figures, They're gonna end up in our fucking hands. Yep, Josh writes, this discussion is so old and nobody is going to read this. But regarding ECW's belt designs, remember we talked a lot about the ECW belt designs during the Sabage views.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: The classic ic and wind Eagle designs were owned by Reggie Parks. He retained the rights to produce them at well for anybody who wanted to buy them. He was even able to sell one to one repros of contemporaneous WWF belts as long as he did include the WWAF logo on any of the plates. Territories on a budget who wanted real belts but couldn't afford Holy Custom Designs would buy from Reggie by picking an existing design, similar to the way Flash Art works with budget tattoos. The high quality replicas that Dufises walk around with it wrestling shows didn't quite exist yet. I think it would be another two or three years until those figures inc. Replica belts started selling. Yes, so that's why the ECW Television Championship looked like the Wing Deegal WWF title because you know they ordered from Reggie Parks without the WWF logo on it, and there you.
Speaker 3: Go, that's just funny. Why would you, I guess, I guess. My question though, really is okay, why though? Why would you choose that belt? Right? That is so recognizable? Because I mean it is the remind me, is the ECW logo on that belt? Yes?
Speaker 2: So it was made, it was custom made with that design. Why would you choose that design? Questions?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: I don't understand the options because it's so recognizable, and it also just it's like it also doesn't feel like a TV title belt either, Like you know, if you're gonna, if you're gonna go with that far to buy the same design and put the ECW logo on it, why don't you just make it the world belt?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I agree, it's kind of weird that that was the flagship title their Their world title was always kind of weird to me. Yeah, because I always think of the nineteen ninety nine to one. I don't think of the one that was there when, like the one Terry Funk one, which is basically the ic title. Yeah, template right, I always think of the the one that had like the barber cage on it, like the fence on it. Yeah, for the tail end days, but right right when they when they actually made extreme looking belts, right, and the toys and everything. Colin writes, here are some rules I have come up with for keeping the titles important. Speaking of titles and preventing guys from slipping down the card and losing steam. I e.
Speaker 3: L A.
Speaker 2: Night one, If you were a former world champion, you should never again hold or challenge for the ic US title. Would you agree with that? Boss? Yes? I agree, at least until that's what killed Chris Jericho. He gets the role title and then we're all reminded, well, we didn't really mean that he's icy title for a.
Speaker 3: Life, right, unless unless.
Speaker 2: They make a guy make a guy.
Speaker 3: Right, But you know, again, unless you got the guy going down you know, unless they're on their way out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I would still find you know, because then well because then you can use them to build somebody up. Yeah, build up a challenger, but not the champ. They don't have the challenge for the belt, but they can help set up the next challenger for the belt. Yeah, I guess, I guess that's true. I like that rule a lot, just over time. I think it'll pay dividends, even if it creates inconveniences along the way to only put the icy US title on some and if you have semi concrete plans to make them world champion, bringing a third lower to your belt if need be, icy belt needs to hold more prestige, it should be the penultimate step, not the first. I like that rule too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's why they guess why the US title exists, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right.
Speaker 3: Three. I've always thought that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: The European title they kind of made it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those I always liked that as being kind of a like I like there being steps. I like there being multiple steps, yes, to work up your your your singles credibility. This one is for fun number three to add more prestige the IC belt on one night a year, the IC champion can surrender the belt in exchange for a shot at the World champ one month notice, no cash ins. However, if they lose, they cannot challenge for any belt for a year. I think those kind of stipulations are great, Yeah, I do. I think those are very those are those are I think it's it's hard. It's certainly hard in professional wrestling, given that it's fake and you're trying to you know, you don't know where your guys are going to be in a year, you know, No matter how much you plan ahead, you really don't know you know who's going to be over in a year, you know. So it's hard to plan that, you know, because let's say, let's say you have the the Intercontinental. You have that you have someone cashing the Interconnental belt, sure, and for a world title shot, right kind of what didn't they do that in TNA? Yeah, the title? Right, So you turn in that belt, you go for it, but you lose. But then all of a sudden, within that year, that guy who lost becomes the hottest guy in the company. Then it's like, well shit, you know, I mean, I'm sure you can write a storyline to kind of to get your way out of it.
Speaker 2: But it it. It's it seems like it's a lot of work, but I like the idea. I wonder if there's a way to do it that would actually that would be more I don't know how would you say it, but yeah, like that you could do it without kind of booking yourself into a corner. Yeah. I think what I like about those year things is like, you know, even if something happens, the guy leaves, the guy's hurt, just don't do it. But if everything's good to do it within the year and that year is coming up, that's a great dramatic kind of thing to Yeah, that's kind of the money to being cash and clock ticking, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true too, That is true.
Speaker 2: I like having that out there and for one fucking world champion, Amen, one fucking world that one upper car champion, icy belt, one lower car champion, I have to say, is someone that's you know, a stickler for world icee and tag. I do kind of see what he's going for there with that second secondary.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think it's great. I always liked having it. Yeah, you know, like having it having a TV title or you know, like a US title. You know. I also like the idea of the division of it all. It's like, well, you're the champion of the US, so you've you're conquering that essentially that region of the world, and then you you know, you become the Intercontinental champion after that, like you know, after you lose that belt, you know you, I mean, what what could be interesting? Again? This would be crazy hard. This would be a lot easier if you were running a legitimate sports league. But it's like, okay, so you you win the US title. Whenever you lose the US title, you are now in the Intercontinental division. Okay, now you have to go for the US belt. But if the Intercontinental belt, but if you lose the Intercontinental belt, you go back to the US title division, right, and you're gonna build your way back up again. I don't know, it's.
Speaker 2: All it's compound. I can see validity there as long as the fans believe that it's a stepping stone.
Speaker 3: But again, the idea is that that that is like, how do you That's a lot to keep track of it in terms of you know, fictional wrestling.
Speaker 2: And I heard some good suggestions to fired at US since we've broached this topic of like, maybe all you do is make the last month's worth of matches relevant to your standing. You know, they start do rankings you don't have to do since the inception of your time in the company, you know, or your all time wrestling record. You can just make the recent run the only relevant one, you know, the recent comparative records. So these guys go on a little bit of a streak before suddenly getting a title shot instead of getting a title shot because the last paper you just ended, and on the next TV the champion comes out and says, who else is it going to be? And then the first person to walk out somehow gets a title shot. That's just suboptimal, to say the least. Ac Slater want to thank you very much for the increase to the mote tier. We really appreciate all that support. I want to give a big shout out to Andy. Andy put a book out. We talk about how one of our proudest moments is t left coach. Heers just when we inspire folks to create and he read it. He says, about a month ago, sent you a link to a book you inspired me to put together. It's called slantastic stupidity, The Unknown Critics blistering commentary on Pro Wrestling's one one hundred most outrageous gimmicks, and upon publishing the book, I quickly you realize that while yes, I did dedicate the book to the lapsed fan, hell yeah, that one sentence line was not nearly sufficient enough to show proper gratitude to the cast. In the years of enjoyment it has given me, I still remember almost losing it on a flight to Des Moines while listening to JP's run Gan imitation during the Ahwa Journey, or spinning up my protein drink at the gym wall you hilariously dissected the fall of WCCW, or that last Colisseum home video, or JP's Andre the Giant Impression, which always gets me. Moments like these and many more deserve much more thoughtful recognition and book form, which brings me in my latest project, the eleventh book in the series, called The Unknown Critic presents Enhancement Talent, a glorious tribute to Pro Wrestling's job guys and mike men, historical comedy book profiling over one hundred jobbers and thirty commentators, many well probably all of whom you have roasted on the show in one way or another. In this book, I built in an expanded mini book midbook chapter called the Lapsed Legends, How the Lapsed Fan Podcast enhances wrestlers forgotten stories, weaving in the overall theme of talent enhancement, and how the cast does this like no other. I also reference the cast in a number of other parts of the book, because really, this book book, more than Slantastic Stupidity, is the definitive work on wrestling Jobbers, a true love letter to the lost art of jobbing, something now mostly forgotten in a Neira gone by, never to return. No other podcast aside from yours, even mentions jobbing, hence included. Including a lapsed fan tribute in this one was a no brainer. So there you go. Is there an audience for this book outside of the TLF solar system. Highly unlikely, as girl La Monsoon might say, I've sold highly unlikely, brain, Oh my god. Unless there is a that's perfect, that's exactly what he's going for. Unless there's an audience somewhere curious about the career arcs of guys like Jerry Monty, Italian Stallion, Bob Cook and other Legends of Laying Down. It will probably get lost in the Amazon shuffle. I frankly, I don't care, though, because it was so damn fun to put together, and it gives proper praise to the Lapsed Fan. It's the kind of book I would want to read as a fan of wrestling in the eighties, as many, if not all, of the job guys I put in the book are more interesting than today's main event talent. And some of these jobbers even wrote books that you might want to hunt down for additional cast fodder.
Speaker 3: Hope, hope he did a tribute to Philipolo Philip.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's in there. I can't say for sure, but we definitely appreciate the acknowledgment that the Lapsed Fan provides fuel to so many wrestling fires out there. And Andy, best of luck with the book, and we hope that by flagging it here for the Solar System we get some eyeballs on it. Gordon wants us to know I was absolutely hysterical, my god, he writes, I was in the gym trying to work out with TLF in my ears, Dusty finding crumbs in his folds. Dusty has more rolls than Ben Dusty folds eighty Dusty's mammary glands. He sweats chicken stock, bringing out his arm over a pot.
Speaker 3: Let's imagine, you know, the the flabby you know, he's got like flabby arms. Come on and just stop hangs around there and it's like the you know, rip drip drips. Oh Christ, you know you have to he likes to. He likes to hang his arm over a pot so he can just drip the chicken stock.
Speaker 2: Well, it says right here, ladling hot tub soup because he being oh good lord, it just kept going. I had take a five minute break. Amazing work. Keep it up. That's the brilliance, Gordon, is that's considered work, you know, yes, right, if that's good work, and then let it lung continue, Yeah, exactly. I want to thank the anonymous gentleman who joined the executive producer tear We see You. Rob wants us to know whether it used to be a production assistant. At the Pittsburgh Steelers game. He mostly did nothing during the game itself, but got to listen to the booth in the headsets. This is part of our discussion around adding crowdsweetening noise and how it's such a pro wrestling trick. But of course it's not, of course not. Of course, the whole world resembles pro wrestling way more than we realize. Yes, Rob writes, if the crowd was down, they'd be like throw the noise meter or whatever their version of it was called up there, And I don't know if it was a shoot, but there would be times where it didn't peak at the end. This is where they show that little uh thing in the corner during WWP at least so stupid still, they pretty much just never wanted a second of dead air. So that's why you do it, is to get the crowd up during moments where they're kind of down. I say, wdwe doesn't really use it that way. They don't like show it when people are being quiet. But it is funny and interesting to me, how how gotten to even NFL franchises are about a lack of appropriate enthusiasm Like who cares? Exactly? Why do they care? Why does it even cross their mind?
Speaker 3: Like if it's good, it's a good game, Like isn't that what fucking matters? Like, Oh, we're producing entertainment show in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: No, you're not.
Speaker 3: No, stop you know what when I'm when I'm watching a football game, I don't care about the crowd there. I care about the Patriots winning.
Speaker 2: It is true, though, when I watched when I watch an NFL Sunday game, like, there is this kind of phony sound the whole time, it's like an echoey and I always just chalk that up to the you know, the structure and nature of NFL stadiums. But I could also see a lot of it being just like totally forced. And I'm not suggesting they put fake crowd noise in there, but the idea that they have to like rile the crowd up for the television cameras and not for the team. It's kind of weird, but it happens. Sam wants us to know that Bullion of the Woods had him in tears going down the freeway. Damien Thorn, thank you very much for your executive pure.
Speaker 3: You're ready for this, by the way, you know, you know what's you know what it's gonna be excited. Uh NFL preseason starts.
Speaker 2: That's fucking That was part of my question about pumpkin spice. Yep, well that's going on now. I'm ready, I'm ready. Give it to me William Murphy. Please thank you very much for joining the EP tier. Christopher writes me, Man, I'm hungry. I can't wait to have lunch. It's gonna be great, boss. During the dusty tangent of this episode, sweat and feces and denim. Oh because he's fucking Oh because he's eat the fucking burritos and droplets of urine O me, Chris Wrights, Well, I guess I'm never eating again. Clash the Champions, baby find it. No no, no underwear. That's what it was because he wears no underwear, doesn't when he just fucking freeballing it all right with just just sweaty ass that from our coverage of the final WCW Clash of the Champions in nineteen ninety six. Slammy Awards eighty six Part two. Corey comes in as always with the fact checking the masked wrestler in the Land of a Thousand Dances mister X the you know the music video that they produced for the wrestling.
Speaker 3: Album Yeah Stupid.
Speaker 2: Yes, he wants us know that was none other than Danny Davis and Bear. Dario is also in the heel crowd for long, and he also points out that we credited George Wells as being in the video, but that was actually special Delivery Jones. So there you go.
Speaker 3: Wow. Okay.
Speaker 2: For the sake of clarification, Rob asks, how is Dragon the part of Ultimo Dragon's name that Dusty had a hard time saying.
Speaker 3: Dragone because he likes to drag on.
Speaker 2: Right, That's for sure? Is absolutely case, Pap writes. Boss said Mickey Rooney instead of Mickey Wark when talking about slinging egg salad? Did I say, Mickey, it's funny and that metal image is funny to me on a level that is indescribable.
Speaker 3: Mickey Rooney eggs salad is a great visual honestly, because I picture I picture cranky Mickey Rooney from uh like Night of the Museum, Yes, where he's just fucking miserable and just that's and fucking throwing eggs salad at it at different customers.
Speaker 2: Of course, that final Clash of the Champion episode was a tribute to Steve Manga McMichael, who just passed away, and he wins the US title on that show. I'm pretty much as crowning pro wrestling achievement such as it was, and the homie butt stuff and Heenan wanted us to know a Patreon. This is why I suggested the show. I knew you guys would go above and beyond and paying tribute to Mongo. You guys know how to honor wrestlers and ways other podcasts don't. I'm not saying that to kiss your ass. I mean, Jesus Christ, you spent months on cid uty and looked at his life from all different angles. Who the fuck else would do that? This is why you two are the best at this. You do what you do and you don't give a fuck. People better, people better anybody. Anybody who's thinking of dying in the next like two years, they better fucking put a halt on that, right, because that's going to be a sore disappointment. Yep, We've got a big fish to fry, brother, and I don't know when that thing's going to be ready for consumption. Logan's just realizing Blazing Saddles could count for under the cinemat because of Steve McMichael. He got the nickname Mango from a character in the movie.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Well, it qualifies anyway.
Speaker 2: Because Alex Carris, Because Alex Carris, So that's taking care of it's there, Brian Blake. Actually it was quick to point that out, and so I'm glad you did as well. You know, Alex Carris Jesus Christ to a whole series on the fucking Webster TV series. Oh Webster, I remember Webster. Yeah, I fascinating because he was the dad on that. Oh my god, you talk to dad. We did the Final Class show. That was the show where you know, the nWo comes in the ring and stings crow Lands on the ropes. Jeff writes, as a teenager, I think this was the turning point that really made me question the point of the obnoxious nWo gimmick, which is getting pretty lame now. But I figured, well, I suppose it'll be worth it when they get there as such youthful naivete Maybe that's what we're all nostalgic for a time when we didn't know any better, and being hugely disappointed was the exception, not the norm. M Nicholas Chiaparra, thanks very much for your increase in pledge. Matthew Muns always appreciate your support on Patreon. Matthew of Madison want to thank you for joining the Executive producer ter Brie wants us to know TLF outlived the real WWE network concept. That's pretty wild. Wow, not truth, that is pretty wild. Bruno, thank you very much for your cake. We appreciate it. Same to you, Brandon Davis and Jeff, thank you for that recent increase in pledge. Neil. Notice out there in the wild, we gave some some shout outs, some nods of respect to the ww Vault. Earlier, he found an article on the Verge with a quote that says this, like WWE's primary YouTube channel, some videos posted to the Vault will eventually disappear. Why exactly? And that's where you lose me. Whatever exclusivity you think is in there, whatever you think you can sell or whatever the fuck like, there needs to be a permanent home where we as fans can know we have access. And I'm not just saying that because we do a podcast blah blah blah. No, I'm saying that because that's where the money is for you guys and for everybody, is having people pony up to have access to the Vault, irrespective of what other side deals you might cut to license it out. The Vault does not need to be exclusive. The Vault is not, you know, the streaming service should not care that there's more than one way to get the archives, if the archives are such an afterthought like you always seem to tell us they are, right, right, If nobody subscribes to Peacock or the network for the old old stuff, and nobody watches the old stuff, then why does that stuff need to be exclusive and shopped around as an exclusive packaged all the platforms? Why can't it be in three places at once?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Why can it be on Peacock and Netflix? Exactly?
Speaker 3: If nobody cares?
Speaker 2: Exactly, give me a fucking break. Now, Now, when when is When is the Peacock thing shutting down? I don't know. I mean that they're in negotiations soon. I think it's up in twenty twenty six, the deal, so we'll see. I mean, who takes the pay per views? You know? How does that shake out?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Does Netflix go for it?
Speaker 3: But and then isn't uh isn't what happens to the you know, the archive?
Speaker 2: Im That's what I personally read in the ramping up of this vault thing. Yeah, was them just basically saying we'll just put it all on YouTube, which I think is brilliant. I think it's a great idea and YouTube has now structured such that you can have our subscription to see it. The thing is, though, what I'm we're so annoying though about it is and what I do listen, I do love it. I do.
Speaker 3: I love the archive, but they don't put on enough full things. I don't I don't know. I just I don't care about matches nibbling at the edges. I wish they would never. I wish they would stop putting matches up there like that to me is not interesting, Like I mean, I know interesting right like this, like the Sunday Night Slam thing they put up there, like that's fucking amazing. Put those up, you know, like those are things that you're not going to be able to find, you know, not don't necessarily put up every single WrestleMania yet until we can't get it anymore. But like put up put up these random things that they didn't they never put up on the on the network, you know, home videos and and but like I don't care about these matches, like I don't care about fucking you know, Steve in RNL and Neville over else start us and King Barrett. Yeah a summer twenty fifteen, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Now they you know, as much credit as we give them, they still haven't taken the most basic suggestion, which is you have to do chronologically complete years. You have to, there's no other way to do it and maximize the value of that content. You have to be the viewer. The customer has to be able to say, here's everything in the network from nineteen eighty four across all promotions.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: It used to be somewhat structured like that in the network days, though. You had to go collection to collection, which was, you know, not ideal, but that's what you have to do. And any other way you want to chop and dice it up to make it all bite sized social content, jerk me off, whatever the fuck, you can go and do that, but the whole show has to rest somewhere if you really want to make the most money you can off this thing. And I'm not going to accept anything less. Yep, I'm not going to pretend these half measures from the are the full measure because we had it already. We had the full access to just about everything they had. So don't tell me it's not possible and not worth it. You already did it. It's there. It's done, it's digitized. Where is it? Where is it? And why is it at my fingertips right now? God damn assholes, It also says in this Verge article, as John Cena continues his final year of entering action for the company, a collection like the one below is guaranteed to rack up views. The edit is really raw and it's not a full in and out of each moment. Bray Band said, this is brave. Band must be someone involved. So we're hoping that sits on the channel for a while as Sena does this last run. So which videos, Neil asks will disappear? Brother, Yeah, exactly, exactly, yep. Amard asks wanted to post a question of the co chairs in the community. Has Roman now surpassed Sina? That's what in terms of impact stardom um? He says, there's a lot of kids whow up in the two thousands who think seen as the goat, which is a nonsensical opinion. The hill turn was way too late, and I'm sure we can blame Vince for that. Up until about twenty ten, when Seena had built enough equity to insist in the heel turn, he was just too much of a yes man. Roman, on the other hand, told Vince, if you don't turn me heel, I'm done, and then went on to have a run for the ages. In my opinion, he has now surpassed Sena or he definitely will when all of a sudden done. What say you, folks, Uh, it's hard to say because Sina Sena has had such longevity and.
Speaker 3: You know, was God. I mean I would. I would.
Speaker 2: Wager that he has main evented more pay per views than anybody yep at this point. Yeah, just there was that many more to man event.
Speaker 3: I know, And but I don't like Roman. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: My answer to that question is yes, yeah, you yes, surpassed. Yes, Roman has surpassed Sena in terms of meaning something to the w W audience. I'm not saying that on every measure Roman outpaces Sena, but Roman made it matter almost two times as much as Johnson made it matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, I guess. Yeah. You know, when when push comes to shove, like Roman, Roman knew what he could do. Roman knew that he didn't need to be hated like legitimately hated by people. He knew that he could do something that meant something, and he.
Speaker 2: Know what he is. Did it He's a better professional wrestler than John cena Is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: And that was the question, and so that's my answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about his run made more money overall, more transformational, he was more fascinating to watch, more is stickier. He made all kinds of people, mostly a relatives, and he just made made it you feel locked in like you were watching a great be great With Sina, it was like you were watching a guy who's going to be remembered as great, kind of be somewhat less than great in any given moment, but you look at the totality and you realize there was greatness there. But night in and night out, it didn't feel great.
Speaker 3: But it's a weird thing now because because you know, there are people who when they became fans, he was the guy, right, and so it's a very it's a very you know he like that. We've heard that he was their Hulk Hogan And how do you it's tough to deal with. It's it's a very tough. It's tough to deal with, but it's also tough to kind of analyze, like how do you we as wrestling fans who have been fans since, you know, for you know, thirty plus years, we've seen more evolution in the business than people who started watching when they were kids in two thousand and six, seven whatever, and started watching during the peak of John Cena's years.
Speaker 2: And it's like and it's it's hilarious because they've seen very little evolution of the business. Yes, they've seen very little change. Oh Sena. Sena's run is chiefly characterized by WWE running in place. From an evolution standpoint, there was absolutely nothing that changed about their presentation during his run, right right. He redressed the set every two years, you know, and that was it added to new camera tricks. But it was so Vince was so patterned by that point, so patterned, and you know, it wasn't all bad. There were patterns that were good that helped them peak. WrestleMania's pretty brilliantly through that whole time. But my god, there is nothing you could point to that it was like wow. Before John Cena it was like this, and after John Cena was like this, Like no, it's all pretty much the same as when he first got belted up and became the guy that you know, took up all the oxygen Sina was. You know, he's just too cringe to any times. And Roman was cringed too when they were putty. So I'm not blaming Sena.
Speaker 3: But but but you know what, But the thing is, though I don't think see Roman wasn't cringe. Roman was made to be, so is John. Yeah, but John Cena, John, But look at Scena. Though Sena has the Sena right now has the ability to not be cringe, and he's still cringe. So I don't know if that's true or not. I mean, I think, yes, he was given that, but I think he chose, he chose to not.
Speaker 2: He's irredeemably been altered. Yeah. Yeah, that the Sena who wasn't cringe that we had before he became the superhero, you know, the dug anomics, John Cena. We know we can go back to that. But he doesn't.
Speaker 3: He chooses not.
Speaker 2: He has the power to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's that's what's there.
Speaker 2: I think the he'll run decides it. Roman turns heel, lights the business on fire, creates some of the most memorable stuff we've seen it in a generation. Scena turns heel and all people are doing is wondering when he's gonna turn back babyface. That's uh. That says a lot right there in terms of who the better pro wrestler is between the two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right, and I agree with you. Roman is better. Yeah, Roman is better.
Speaker 2: That's the question, right, that's the answer. Richie has a.
Speaker 3: Great but I don't but like it was surpassing, what is that? I don't even know what it meant. By surpassing though, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: It means either, I can only assume he means in terms of going down as an impactful figure in WW history, you know, in terms of contributions and impact. And I still think Roman gets it, honestly, even if it was a shorter period of time, it was much more intense than Sina ever managed to create. Yeah, because I've seen it. You know, if you give scene as much time as Romans got to create that, the lasting impact he would have shipped the bed, it would have been a fart in church, you know, there wouldn't have been that country been true to the Is it true to the the kids who grew up watching John Cena as their hull Coche? I don't know. I can't speak to that. But I watched the whole thing and say what you will. But when hul Cogan was those kids hull Cogan, it mattered. When John Cena was those that kid's hull Cogan, it was cringe shit. And the shows every single week were predominantly about how people just were not with Sina, not with the presentation. And even though there were kids in there trying to shout, you know, out shout the people that were creating the reactions that made it into the television microphones, that did not happen tohul Cogan until it was too late, and that did not happen in the reverse way to Roman. Even so, that's what I can say. Yeah, Richie says about Russev wondering if you could ask the boss man if my idea for av Rusev? Yeah he's back, is he?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he came back like two months ago now. But that'll tell you a lot about how I'll tell you a lot about how I backtfully has there hasn't been, I guess there it is in the come Back to us AW repatriation program. Was wondering if you could ask the boss man if my idea for a faction name would be good. I think the mention of food seals it russev should helm an Eastern European faction called Beef strong enough. Yes, it's an endorsement, Yes, all right, yep, absolutely. I want to give a shout out to the aforementioned Ekmard for his generous pledge on Patreon. We hope you enjoy. Zach Clark, thank you very much for the cake on the tron. Spice boy, appreciate that increase in. Tony Hannon, thanks very much for the cake. Chris is out there paying close attention. This of course was way before Hulk's passing, but he says, what I can tell you with certainty about real American freestyle wrestling is that it ends up in a fucking hill of litigation and a Peter Teel finance pardon for the Hulkster. Well, not so much. Perhaps beyond the grave, a cynic might suggest. Hogan and Bischoff, See, yes, this whole thing is while the unregulated nial system is the last opportunity to get over another for personal gain. Yeah, and no reasonable person might foresee this ending, as did Houlgan and Bischoff's botched arbitrage foray into European video gambling. Yeah, I was ill fated. But let's review today's AP coverage and appreciate two matters of scale. First, the extent to which is a precise reprise of the TNH scam. Second to the sheer scope of physical beating this writer would sustain at the hands of the lapsed editor had he not recently accepted a buy out from his new VC overlords. Hulk Hogan felt. The article reads, the AP article reads. Hulk Hogan felt sure he was onto something. The idea was so exciting that I get a chance to be involved with all these young people and help guide them in any way, especially to make them huge stars and create a future for them. He said. People might be surprised, but wrestling is wrestling. Brother Eric jumped in with both feet, and he's doing a lot to guide this ship right now. Brother Hogan said, Oh my god, he's setting so much stuff up production wise, just moving us forward light years ahead of where we would have been on it could have been on her own. I see this as an opportunity for me to get involved, Hogan said, to get back sitting on the couch, to get involved with a bunch of powerful athletes that I can relate to as far as championship material, guys that are on top of their game, and I just I couldn't pass on it nauseated.
Speaker 3: Chris, could he pass away on it?
Speaker 2: Yes he did, And I don't know what the return is going to be like coming up to the end of August for this event. But that is the exact thing he used to say in TNA to the exact playbucket. Really is my God help us. You and Taylor, thank you very much for the pledge. We appreciate it. Okay, let's see wrapping up here, dragging Puncher, thank you very much for the cake. William wants to know. Wants us to know that he was listening while molling his lawn this afternoon. His neighbor's daughter was leaving for prom. This is while he was listening to Blockers. Oh my god, her dad walked her out to the car and stood the front yard after she left, almost hyperventilating. And that is very much like the John Cena Will Ferrell comedy.
Speaker 3: Because no, no, not Will Ferrell.
Speaker 2: John Al Ferrell is the one with what's his face with? Yeah, with the fucking rock and Sam Jackson jump off the gud.
Speaker 3: That's still the greatest fucking thing for honest to God, ever, it's such a great it's such a great idea great shot and so funny. No, but John Cena and Uh Leslie Mann and Ike Ike Uh his name.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Hike Eisenhower, I think on Frog. Thank you very much for your pledge on Patreon. We love it. Christopher says you dipped into why Scena comes across the quote unquote weird and for a long time I have just accepted he likely has o CPD obsessive controlsive compulsive personality disorder. Not a bad thing to be a just many observations I've made over the years. I find him fascinating as a person. I agree he might he might have that. I agree. I mean the way he comes off on Total Diva is like that. He doesn't even try to hide it for the cameras. This big time tell uh the enforcer paul'slicky. Thank you very much for your recent increase in pledge. We love it. Andrew. We appreciate you joining us up there. On the Executive Producer Tier, DJ Smittie writes, Hey, chat Sina, what tips can you share? That helped you learn how to play piano. Answer. I genuinely wanted to learn how to play piano, and then I did and I became great at it.
Speaker 3: Oh he fucking talked about like that.
Speaker 2: He's that in that interview, in that weird interview where he like he you know, oh God, listen to him.
Speaker 3: Talk is so nice Obvia.
Speaker 2: So it's you can only take very small doses of it. It's so like, you know, he he he acts like he acts like the way he.
Speaker 3: It's it's almost like.
Speaker 2: He thinks he's dispensing wisdom all the time.
Speaker 3: Well, well that, but he also comes across like he doesn't almost understand, like it's so easy to do this. It's so easy to be great things if you just do what I do. And it's like, do you understand you're crazy? Like you're you're you You're one of those people who are just who's insane and can just kind of drop whatever they're doing to focus on one thing for like three weeks and get great at it. And I'm not listening. I'm not criticized. I think that's great. I wish more people could be like that, but most people aren't like that. He's he's you know what he is, he's childless. I mean that that's what Randy or hit him with, right well, Andy Orton hit him with that on one of the promos leading up their backlash match.
Speaker 2: And it's the truth, really there, You know, there's no We should always be very careful if we want to be fathers or mothers in this life, patterning ourselves at all, or taking any lifestyle advice or taking or modeling ourselves at all after people who don't have kids, because that is ninety percent of the reason they are the way they are, right right, come on, folks, give me fucking I listen, and I you know again, I'm not I don't. I think I've said this before. My therapist tells me this all the time that she she says that that's the last stage of becoming an adult, is having kids, and that there are people who don't ever achieve that stage. Yes, like you don't actually grow up. Like if you don't have kids, you never actually complete growing up. I think it's very hard to say you did. Absolutely agree.
Speaker 3: I think so too, because because because having children requires giving up some like releasing so much of what you want for yourself. That's right, that's right, in order to give it instead to your children, that's right. Ungrateful fucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, and they'll never show the appropriate gratitude.
Speaker 3: Until they have kids. I mean, how many times I've how many times I've apologized to my dad and said, man, there you go. I never realized how much of a dick I was you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's it's absolute truth, and it's it's it's just a different perspective. It's like, if you don't have that perspective, it's like, you know, we're not we're not speaking the same language. We're just not.
Speaker 3: And again I'm not I'm not judging anybody, but it's literally, it's literally, it's completely a world you just you can never understand until you live through.
Speaker 2: I think that's true. Yeah, because you don't know yourself yet. You don't know that part of yourself. It doesn't come out until you're in that position. You haven't accessed it. You don't know who you are as a parent. You have no clue.
Speaker 3: Until until you're until you are until you have to wake up five times in the middle of the night and tried so desperately to feed your child, yes, feed your infant, until like as fast as possible, because if you don't, if you don't do it fast enough and get them back to sleep fast enough, you're not going back to sleep, correct. And that's the thing.
Speaker 2: A guy like John Cena can't do that because he's got to go to the fucking he's done eighteen hour.
Speaker 3: Day, right, and he had got to and listen like because because you know what, because here's the thing, because nobody who's had his fucking career and lifestyle ever has kids, right, there are a million people.
Speaker 2: But that's to your point, that's why he's so over the top, right, you know, with what he can do exactly because he doesn't have that at any point, right, because he can just worry about himself.
Speaker 3: I mean that means that too he looks selfish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's very straightforward about that. But you know he thinks he thinks makes it a virtue. Well okay, but.
Speaker 3: I mean no, it's I'll tell you it's a it's a it's a it's only a virtue to those who can share it with his lifestyle, right exactly. Anybody else Just fuck off, dude, Just fuck off your piano playing. Just walk off a bridge.
Speaker 2: Personal growth yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: See I think what we can do together?
Speaker 2: Oh god, no, I can't. It's a very simple thing. All you have to do is just take the time. Make the time stop, make the time, do it yourself, make the time. We don't have time. There's no time to make it. Dumbas, but I don't tell that if you want to sleep. Don't tell if you want to sleep exactly exactly, if you're willing to give up some sleep now we're talking. Yeah, don't tell that to Peter Butler or Sam Rivers or Drew Nichols or Adam b or Lil Cookie or Lee Joanno or Ricky Gonzalez or Billy Bob or for Telly or Jared Murray or Cody Quinny or Miguel Aragon or Nick O or Travis or jaredt Dobson or Drell Watkins Wilkins pardon me, or Chris Thomas or Ed j or Chromas Lamb for that matter, or Matt Butler or Andrew Trudeau or Jason or Mark Townsend or Spice Boy or eesc or Brandon m or Colby Hartzog. Don't tell that to Rob Brown or Neil Forbes or Garrick Taylor. Don't tell that to Stephen Prescott or a Soul or Jonathan. Don't tell that to Persephonie Oliver. These are all folks, yes, who have put money on the table via Patreon for your co chair since the last time we were with you. In the mailbag, Austin writes in honor of seen A breaking the record for most title wins the co chairs. Watch him get a beer funnel stuck up his ass and blockers. How marked the occasion under the cinemat How about when Dom wins the Icy title at WrestleMania. You're gonna tell me that's not worth your Patreon dollar. James Wright's listening to the Boss on the live call of Dom winning the Icy belt knowing what was to come, was incredible. Boss. You should hear some of the reactions this guy's getting, especially with the triple A. I just saw this video being vindicated on Dom, Like, you don't believe this guy's gonna be the biggest heel in the business.
Speaker 3: Yep, he's gonna be massive. He is. He is, He's brilliant.
Speaker 2: He's a brilliant and I never really it didn't sing game with me, but like that bilingual stuff like his understanding the Luca mentality and his dad's stature in that world. Like, God, he's gonna be like a multi lingual star. You can do so much with this kid. And look at his mustache and look at his hair. Oh I look at the look on his face.
Speaker 3: There is there is nobody in this current age who I approve of the mustache other than Dom.
Speaker 2: Look at the man.
Speaker 3: He's just brilliant.
Speaker 2: He's brilliant. He's brilliant. Everything he does brilliant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's it's just a fucking he's just he's he's he's spectacular. It's funny going back and looking at all the WrestleMania comments about how cringe Travis Scott was and now it totally fell apart with him in WWE. He was not interested in putting in the work at all. So that WrestleMania main event finish is going to go down is even more pathetic, not just because Rock couldn't grace it with his presence because he saw the ship show was going to be, but the fact that Travis Scott went nowhere and they wasted that WrestleMania main event real estate on somebody who wasn't even going to show up again. Yep, it's going to be a real sad flow.
Speaker 3: So it's it's continuing to really just completely obliterate this John Scena heel turn. Yes, correct, all right, it's continuing to be a complete fucking joke.
Speaker 2: I think that's part of what we're going to see when we hit Comedy Village between nights one to two is we're going to look to that night Summer Slam and be like, you know what, guys experiment over. I look forward to chopping up with the Solar System members who join us in terms of how closely we've been watching the scene of hill Turn and what does and doesn't work, because we may very well be marking the end of it in New York City for all intents and purposes coming up at SummerSlam.
Speaker 3: Scott, I did. I have seen some things where people talk like there's there's there's to do something, some talk that that it's going to end, that the heel turn is going to end at SummerSlam.
Speaker 2: Really funny as people don't think that that was the plan all along.
Speaker 3: Oh right, And of course, of course I forgot about that. I forgot that. I forgot that this was the plan three years ago, right, what we do.
Speaker 2: That's right, And what we do is deliver, you know, on stories, and that's well.
Speaker 3: We deliver on story based entertainment.
Speaker 2: That's true. I mean, how canna fault you for that comment?
Speaker 3: No, listen r R. The way we entertain is based primarily on story.
Speaker 2: And Scott Michael Ferry is speaking of New York. Oh shit, sounds like there may need to be a mote tear pilgrimage to the New York Golden Steer. Oh yeah, popped me plugging the cream corn. He remembers the vague yeah, oh are you excited? Oh, I'm very excited. I keep I go to the website like once a week to see if they have a fucking date yet for the New York Steer. William back in the Mania days, I didn't watch the mains. I listened to that fucking cast, but I was watching the raw after with my wife, who also was lapsed. She watched WCW with her grandmother and went to a thunder taping, so she qualifies anyway. The highlights from Cody were playing, and she happened to look up from her phone when the shot of the skull helmet came up, and she said, with all lapsedness, what the fuck does he have on his head? Exactly that's exactly right. And William also has a helpful suggestion WW needs to hire Kevin von Eric to come out and shoot down a drone and have him say I'm sorry, dude, I thought it was a quail.
Speaker 4: Fuck.
Speaker 2: Steve says, just a follow up on the ground here in Vegas, Dom was hands down the most over guy tonight. People were chanting dirty Dom as they left the arena.
Speaker 3: I don't see how this is a surprise to anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you listen to us, it wasn't. Evan uh says back then, can't wait for that Travis Scott program. Brother, I'm reminded why I'm a fucking moron for watching this shit, watching flair funk to stop me from pulling the trigger, he says. Fucking Pap says scene attorney during the match makes so much more sense, and I would put money behind that being the original plan. Okay, now I'm gonna call that. I think I saved this for something else that he said, Uh yeah, And I think this needs to be kept in mind whenever people wonder what it is exactly they get for their Patreon dollar. He writes, there's something magical about waiting until the next day to watch Mania in sync with the live call Yeo Sky, making her entrance clearly emotional, screaming her heart out. Boss, What does he say at this moment? There was ham and lamb. I can't imagine what was because it was Easter.
Speaker 3: It was Easter weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we were talking about where we had at Easter and there was ham and Lamb. It's true, Justin writes Toerco Chairs, I hope you and your families had a blessed Easter. Quick story only select fuel appreciate. I went to my new widowed aunts house for Easter this year. She lives a bit away, so again the Mania mood. I listened to the TLF, seen a special report on the way. When I arrived at my aunt's on Saturday afternoon, her house was about ninety degrees because it was eighty and Jersey and she never is out on the air on that doesn't have the air on or open a window because she's old and gets cold. After some family fun, I smoked a bowl and settled in on Mania Night one, about an hour into the show. My sister comes in the room, thinking out loud and rhetorically says to my mom, what are we gonna do about this heat? Naturally, I sprung into action, looked at her and said, whoa, brother, let's dial this back. Who you been talking to? That this happens in real American living rooms because of us?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: She looked at me with utter disgust and said, what the fuck are you even talking about?
Speaker 3: You eat?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yea. I try to explain. She just walked away. She'll never know the pain. And what an absolute fuck was the ending of Sina Cody. Yes, you guys are fucking awesome. We love it, pal, we love we love the little slice of Life. Brendan says it well, WrestleMania is prom for wrestlers. That is the problem. Wow, Robert says, can we get an indie wrestler to use Philip Glass as their walkout music so we can get clean as cot seat under the cinemat Correous got Carlos out in Colorado Springs. Greetings Jack and JP. This is random, but not without merit. Based on Mike Tyson's contribution to the forever changing Monday Night Wars rating swing.
Speaker 3: I mean, can I honestly could could there be? I would love it if there was a faction called Kotzi and then there was like there was one who was like you had kis, you had power and he had not, all right, and that's it's just like that's the name. Then that there, that's their faction name is Kotzi.
Speaker 2: I can imagine if you can get behind that. I think that would be like so absolutely fucking insane and fucking fucking like godfre Reggio. I don't even know if he's dead or not, but he's like, what the fuck is what the yeah, he's still He's still. God, he's a mess, but he's still alive. Like he's like what good imitation?
Speaker 3: Totally?
Speaker 2: Carlos says, based on Mike Tyson's contribution to the forever chaining My Night worst rating swing in January ninety eight, could you find it in your hearts to cover the baddest man on the planet? Considerable criteria being his available on YouTube and the best sports documentary ever made Fox Beyond the Glory, and several really bad made for TV movies. His cameo in The Hangover All that Teddy fucking Atlas is the Bruce Hard the Beyond the Glory of the Beyond the Glory, the Jake Palm Netflix Tobacle. I'd start the bidding at one hundred dollars if such a bidding process exists for the greatest duo to ever cover Carnie bullshit and sometimes real stuff. I realized that Under the Cinemat isn't the Hopper, but god damn, this would be such an amazing thing to hear, the greatest podcast on Earth cover. Thank you if you happen to read or consider this TLF for life. Well, thank you, Carlos. What do you think Boss Mike Tyson ever going to be Under the Cinemat?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely qualifies, no question, No, absolute qualifies. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: He qualifies just on you know, because for a number of things, but especially because of Wrestling fourteen. Listen. He was totally very very easy one in that it's an easy one. His involvement him being part of d X, like all that stuff. He's he's he's there, no question.
Speaker 2: Morgan's enjoying the mote tier in Wrestle Mamia on the Vince McMahon versusll Cogan one that you posted, Yes, he wrote underneath quote quoting your mom. They're both down, but nobody is counting. Yep, every single time, every single time, listen, I have to so So I I already talked about.
Speaker 3: How you know we we we watch in batch okay, in bulk form, were the costco of watching wrestling matches, And so I'm telling you so sometimes we'll watch four to six matches in a day when I when I'm around, I like to get a month in when I when if if I'm if she's visiting or if I'm visiting or whatever, I like to get a month's worth of content in. And so we're gonna watch four to six matches in a row. Every match it's like starting from scratch. I have to explain every match why how a pinfall works. And it's like we just saw a match, but I have to restart. It's like it's honest, it's like a reset button happens every time we start a new match. It's it's unbelievable. I mean, and it's totally legit, like it's not it's not you know, it's it's like it just went in and out. It's like it just went in out and all of a sudden, like this match then it's like we watch a regular match, and we watched another regular match, and it's like, for some reason, the rules in the previous match just don't qualify for the next match.
Speaker 2: Hell, I don't blame her. I mean every you sprinkling ec W and stuff. This doesn't make any sense. There's DQ here, not account Oh yeah, of course, of course.
Speaker 3: It's you know, you.
Speaker 2: Can tap out in this match to submit, but in this match he slamming the mat in a submission hole. But it's not a tap.
Speaker 3: Yep, and like, but the best is that is when you see is when she sees two wrestlers on their backs on the ground, she doesn't nderstand why nobody's getting counted out. Well, you got to cover the guy Mom called the double down. Jesus put the crowd up. What I know, that's a good question. Brother puts his hand in the end.
Speaker 2: Whoa whoa, whoa whoa in between you guys. Here's a little lap slice of life from Zach at a conference at a fancy hotel, listening to the cast while I walk to the seated breakfast. Take out my AirPods and my phone, Kate shoot and my phone shows this time to not be silent, but instead loudly plays the boss singing Sergeant Slaughter's baby Face song at the fancy conference. Oh Jesus, correct, it's happening out there, folks, Rosalie Caine, Scott Jerck de Rosier, Twaan, Matthew Wallatchuck, Michael Fisco, Sean three point sixteen, Ben Buck, Andrea Angrisane, Andrew Brister, and so many more. Jim Rocco, they just must support that fucking cast. Amber wants us to know. Help. I'm an IRS fan. I coach you.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: For some reason, when I was a kiddo late early at late eighties early nineties, I had a fascination with entertainment branded fictional characters who were tough guys but wore ordinary clothing bonus points if they bled on their duds. I suppose for a farm girl like myself that such juxtaposition was impressive. At the time, it felt to me like Diehard's Bruce Willis had introduced the battered and bloodied hero to the culture. So when I first saw the Hasbro Irs figure at KB Toys, I thought, Oh, here's another take on that formula. An ordinary Joe who had a day job but was also a bruiser. Look at those arms, and as a fan of de Biassi, of course I had become an IRS fan too. Needless to say, I failed to convince my friends that Rotundo was ever cool. Still, he remains one of my favorite hasbros to this day. Maybe it says something that is modern figures all suck with ill fitting glasses and suspenders. That original figure lined went a long way and inspiring a kid's imagination, making even jobbers often seem cool. They were my introduction to this shame we call wrestling, so I created stories in my head long before ever seeing a WW match. To Vince's point right about how we set the platform, we set the template.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the attached advertisement. I found proof that I left his mark. Yes, there's a it's a utility pant that's on sale in like a fashion magazine. And then the red suspenders looks just like IRS man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't like that Hazibro figure though, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: No, I was not a fan of the stomps. The stomp figures were awful, terrible. They were they were. There were three figure styles that just didn't work. The stomps the weird push down the feet and the arms flail around and then the pushdown the lakes together jumpers not a fan.
Speaker 2: We mentioned the Raw guest host thing Mike things Heat from nineteen ninety five qualifies because Piven was involved when he guest hosted Raw and he called SummerSlam summer Fest. That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: I know that is again that that might be one. I let it slide.
Speaker 2: I always think that's the ultimate one. Like that's the measuring stick because pivn like he did nothing. He just showed up for some contractual obligation and did the Raw hosting thing to promote something. Yeah, could care less. But Heat man, I know right, we all about that around here. Sammy has another one, boss Man in the Forrest Gump novel. I did not know this. This is true. In the Forst Gump novel, he became a successful pro wrestler for a period.
Speaker 3: That's what he says.
Speaker 2: I gotta look at this discount because we need for Scott.
Speaker 3: That's the whole thing. I I don't. I mean, that's that's like, because it's in the novel, does that qualify the movie, right?
Speaker 2: I would think so. I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not denying like, I'm definitely considering it. I gotta I gotta look it up a little bit. I gotta do some research on that.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see what you come up with. Robert wants to know if Brad Dorriff did the actual voice for Chucky on WCW against Rick Steiner. Does blue Velvet itself qualify shit?
Speaker 3: Is that a fact that we know?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 3: Is he saying that that?
Speaker 2: He says it like it's a fact. I mean, I didn't know that, but.
Speaker 3: I'll look it up. I'll look at this. Is this is also I gotta look into.
Speaker 2: Massive.
Speaker 3: I know this, this could be. These are game changers.
Speaker 2: Scott says next weekend he's gonna do the grilled English, Spicy homemade mcmuffins, spicy sausage Colby pepper Jack. A quick go to is also a toastering the smuff and crunchy peanut butter let, the hot muffin melt the peanut butter fantastic, and a homemade lodge regular. In case you're wondering what's for breakfast going forward, Stephen has a cans and I can say without any doubt, yeah, he wants us to know that as a because you know, if we're going to go out on food, we're gonna go out on food as a cans. And he can say without any doubt, barbecue sauce is the King condiment, thoughts.
Speaker 3: Ah, the King connon No, I can't say it's the King condiment. I like, I love barbecue sauce, but it's gonna be on the right thing. I can't use it for everything. That's the King condiment then, m that's a good question, the King condiment. I mean what I like most, honestly, mayonnaise. I love mayonnaise. I love mayonnaise goes well with most things. Yeah, I know, I know it is, it absolutely is.
Speaker 2: But I love like mayonnaise with like I can. I can have mayonnaise with most with pretty much any deli meat, how fuckingnise? Thanksgiving, sir.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's it's it's it's it. It's what makes it, Honestly, it's that it's that little that little like such a it's that see that and the and and the cranberry sauce or were kind of all together. So it's mayonnaise, is it? And you know, Manai's on a burger always. Yeah, I don't go with mayo.
Speaker 2: See, I don't know. If I have a king, I would say it's barbecue sauce to myself, but not because I think it's better than everything, but just because it is the one thing that I know I like on more than just one type of food. M M, yes, well, and I do like barbecue sauce, but I'm not see. I would never put in like mayonnaise on you know, ribs or chicken. I can't.
Speaker 3: I like to, but I can't picture you would. I would put mayonnaise on chicken. I would put mayonnaise on a on a on a grilled chicken or a fried chicken sandwich, no question. I wouldn't put barbecues on barbecue unless I was doing a barbecue chicken sandwich.
Speaker 2: I'm supposed say hot honey. Now, isn't that supposed to be my answer to that question.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you, man, I fucking love hot honey, little dab. I know it's the coolest, doesn't mean it's not delicious. There's a pizza place, and I there's a pizza place, and that that's kind of the thing. Now, is hot honey on pizza? It is so fucking The pepperoni with it it's it's no, it's I get this. It's sausage, jalapenos and hot honey, and it is un fucking believable. It's heavenly correct hot honey. Wins Alli writes, what's the best for an object? And why is it rolled steel?
Speaker 2: I can't imagine who we could ask that question too. It's out there is a right's huge fan of the show. While listening to the Spring mail Bag episode, the idea of pilgrimage to old arenas was mentioned, and I have to say, here in Detroit we might have the most unique idea for lapsed arena pilgrimage. The Silver Dome, Joe Louis Arena, and Palace of Auburn Hills have all been demolished, but we still have Cobo Hall now known as Huntington Place, where the famous Halloween Havoc monster truck battle took place and where the giant fell off the roof, not to mention the chic and Bobo Brazil's many exploits. Although I have the recollection that the Cobo Hall that's referred to as Cobo Hale now as like adjacent to where the Sheik did his business. But I'll try to visit the site soon and send you guys some photos from the top of the roof, since I believe it's still used for parking. As a side note, is Detroit the only place where three major stadiums and arenas have been imploded with so much wrestling history. Silver Dome with wrestlming E three, Joe Lewis Arena with Halloween Havoc Survivor series, Austin on rob with the Zamboni, and the Palace with SummerSlam, World War three and Luger beating Hog on the one hundredth edition of Nitro. It used to be better. Indeed, Yeah, when I think of cities that a body, it used to be better, Detroit is it. And I mean that not as a smartest comment about it's hollowed out industrial base. I mean that as a comment about wrestling and the things that happen there. Yeah, nothing happens there anymore. The business I know.
Speaker 3: It's such a it's it's sad. It's really sad.
Speaker 2: Jerome Rice, you mentioned people looking down and realizing what the chairman are saying applies to them. As someone who teaches multiple college English classes every time, Jack mentions that in order to succeed in higher ed one should copy the writing and speaking style of the professor. I feel a little attacked, but he's right. Recently a student who I know for a fact would not listen to the lapsed fan told another student that same piece of advice. Well, yep, you know, good ideas have a way of traveling. Uh, yes, trailing fast. We're going to conclude this episode in recognition of, you know, having lost hal Coogan by adding him to the Ultimate WrestleMania Death Toll, which has been a running tally kept by the homie Christian Hollister for years and years and years. Oh yeah, and that he recently you know, informed us uh included has as celebrity wing and everything, but recently included uh hull Cogan as well. Now he did send this, let me get the time stamp here. He did send this several months ago, so there is a chance that more than just Hull Cogan has been added to the list. But I think it's appropriate as we conclude this mailbag episode, the last one in a while, and it's in its format. Let's see, Well, who's who's died? Well, Mango and Sabu, Yeah, they were both at WrestleMania. That's true. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: In fact, WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, Yeah, I think he would, he would qualify, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: So all right, so here we go. Oh my gosh, look at look at these fucking this.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think he puts it well. Forty years of pain, forty years of hurt, forty years of death.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do I'm gonna do it backwards than what he has here. I'm going to start with the celebrity wing Achi Bono, Alex Trebek, Aretha Franklin, Bill Frelick, Billy Martin, Bob Yucker, Bert Reynolds, Cab Cab Callaway. Was that fucking.
Speaker 4: With that?
Speaker 2: I just can this chet Copic, Chuck Webner, Clara Peller, Darryl Dawkins, Dick Butkis, Ernie Holmes, g Gordon Lyddy, George Steinbrenner, Harvey Martin, jam Master Jay, Joan Rivers, Joe Frasier, John Mennick as Herb. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: Oh, Herb is the guy from the Burger King ad campaign, Oh oh oh, that they hired to show WrestleMania because he was somewhat famous on TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lemmy Liberaci, Little Richard Lou Duva married Tyler Moore. Oh my god, she was at WrestleMania for Morton Downey Junior, Muhammad, Ali Pee Weee Herman, Pete Rose, Ray, Charles Ray Combs, Reggie White, Regis Philbin, Robert Conrad, Robert Gulay, Robin Leech, Russ Francis, Steve Allen, Cy Spurling, and William the Refrigerator, Perry Referees, Dick Kroll, Henry Terra, Nova, Jack Lutz, Joey Morella, Mickey Henson, Tim White, and now the wrestlers, wrestlers, managers and announcers is what it's listed as. Adrian Adonis, Andre the Giant Animal, Bad News Brown, Bam Bam, Bigelow, The Big Boss Man, Big John stud Bobby the Brain, Heenan Bray, Wyatt, Bruno, Sam Martino, Bushwhacker, Butch Butch Reid, Captain Lou Albano, Chris Benoit, Chris Canyon, China, Classy, Freddie Blassie, Corporal Kirchner, Crash, Holly Crush, Davey boy Smith, Dino Bravo, Doug Furnaces, Dusty Rhodes, the Dynamite Kid, Earthquake, Eddie Guerrero, the Executioner, the Fabulous Moolah, Frenchie Martin, General, Adnon, the Genius, George, the Animal Steel, the Giant, Gonzales, Gorilla Monsoon, Grand Master Sexe, the Haiti Kid, Hawk, Hercules, Hernandez, Howard Finkel, the Iron Chic, Jim the Anvil, Knightheart, Jimmy del Rey, Jose Lathario, the Junkyard Dog, Kamala King Kong, Bundy, Kogi Catal Lance, Cad Little Beaver, Little Tokyo, Lord, Alfred Hayes, Lord Littlebrook, Luke Harper Slash, Brodie Lee, Luna Vashan, Luscious Johnny Valiant, Mabel May Young, Matt Bourne, Mean, gene Oakerland, Mister Fuji, Mister Perfect, Kurt Hennig, Mister Wonderful, Paul Orndorf, Miss Elizabeth, Nikolai Volkoff, Owen Hart, Pat Patterson, Paul Bearer, Pedro Morales, Randy Savage, Ravishing, Rick Rude, Razor, Ramon Slash, Scott Hall, Rowdy, Roddy Piper, Saboo, SD Special Delivery Jones, The Sensational Sherry, Sir Oliver Humperdenk Superfly, Jimmy Snooku, I should have added before that, Steve Mongo, McMichael, Superstar, Billy Graham, Sweet Sweet Sapphire, Skip, Chris Candido, Psycho, Sid Terry Funk Test, the Texas Tornado Carry Von Eric, Tom zenk U Manga, Uncle Elmer, the Ultimate Warrior, Vodder, Virgil, Woman, Yoko Zuna, Hulk Hogan and as always the Undertaker.
Speaker 2: A grim list yeah when we started.
Speaker 3: I mean, let me tell you, that's that's ninety seven on the wrestlers and managers.
Speaker 2: Alone, unjust WrestleMania.
Speaker 3: Alone, un Just WrestleMania alone.
Speaker 2: And that list was a third, maybe twenty percent of what it is when we started this whole thing. Yeah, and so it's only appropriate that we revisit so many of those halcyon days that characterize the early days of the cast and the eras we were reaching for. They were draped in red and yellow, and the cast will be once again as we send off the Hulkster, the Guy in so many ways at the nucleus of it all going forward. We look forward to seeing you August third at the Comedy Village in Times Square, New York City, as the co chairman take the stage to put it all in a perspective, including a special vigil for the Hulkster. Hear thoughts and sentiments from across the Solar System, and we'll get right back on the horse to complete Hulk Hogan on that cast