Speaker 1: Y'all shout the DJ fuse for that intro, show Man, Man, definitely, Man, appreciate it now when you walk into a radio station and you get that kind of attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I feel right.
Speaker 3: It just made me feel better about my album, like it flowed good together.
Speaker 4: Come on, big swork, Let's go, big swork.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, congratulations on everything.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Bro, on freedom, on music, you know, nonprofit everything.
Speaker 2: Man, thank you of course, show Bro. I'm happy to be here, yes, sir, Man.
Speaker 1: You know when you're making this project, right, it took a lot. I'm from what I understand, it took a lot to make this project happen. Uh, you know, life is life, and while you're working as well? What else was happening while this project was being Man, in the midst of it, how much of it is it?
Speaker 4: Is it in the music?
Speaker 2: In the midst of it?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: You know, I was, as everybody know, I was fighting a federal case.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Well, I was facing like some time and stuff like that. But I wound up beating it.
Speaker 3: Of course, man coming out because you know I was innocent of course. Yeah yeah, yeah for sure, But man, big swear Bro, I was just saying like this project is probably took me the longest to actually like record and put out, Like I was working on this album for like four years for real, for real, and probably a little longer than that, to be honest, close to five years. And I've been so many different people in those five years.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Like I had to overcome my legal troubles.
Speaker 3: I lost my little brother in twenty twenty one, fatherhood, I had two more kids, and really just going through a lot personal on my personal life and getting my business. Well, did you have to buy your way out of a dealer? I actually I did a settlement so pretty much. It was kind of you could say that I bought myself out because it had a lot to do with like money and numbers, you know, and we agreed on one thing, and I was just about to, like you know what I'm saying, get to that too, like get my business in order and really getting the confidence and reinvent myself as an artist, you know, Like I really I went own kind of sort of a hiatus, not putting out music for like a year, like over a year, and always been independent. I always had like the freedom or quote unquote somewhat the freedom to put out music like at my own exposure, you know what I'm saying, at my own time and my own scheduling. But that wasn't really the case in my situation. So I had to gain full control of my situation right now, you know, and really in the midst of doing that and still trying to stay productive and put out good music. You know, I record good music and really like, I feel like it was a reintroduction to the music industry of who I am, who g Herbo is today. You know what I'm saying, Who Swerve O Big Swerve is today? And I feel like my music does capture that, you know what I'm saying, because I'm not trying to talk about negativity, you know, I'm trying to talk about positive energy and the stuff that I'm focused on right now, and that's being a star, you know, and that's what Big.
Speaker 4: Sword is man for you.
Speaker 1: What's the big difference between Survivor's Remorse and Big Sward.
Speaker 2: The difference is Survivors of Morse is.
Speaker 3: You know, I was in a mental state while I really was feeling Survivors of Morse, I was feeling like grieve and I was feeling like, yeah, guilt and responsibility for a lot of things that took place in my life, you know what I'm saying, And guilt for losing my little brother. And you know what I'm saying, me being more so in the streets than he was, you know what I'm saying, Like, and I'm like, I'm no stranger to like more than people and more than people's death, you know, But that woln't hit a little close to home because I felt like, you know, he was one of those people that you would never expect to die. You know what I'm saying, That I would expect to be here. So I was definitely having survivors of morse, you know, because I ain't really want to like live my life without my little brother, you know what I'm saying, Like I didn't want to like reach certain levels of success and stuff like that and him not be here and me not being able to share it with him, you know.
Speaker 2: And when I put that music out, I was in that space.
Speaker 3: And you know a lot of people haven't really like live life and experienced life on the level that I have, you know, and on a level of really like experiencing trauma and experiencing violence on.
Speaker 2: The level that I have, you know.
Speaker 3: And it sounds good to people who in Utah and stuff like that, who never heard the experiences. It's entertaining to them, but it's real life to me, you know. And I don't want to have to feel like that, because my music is always a product of who I am and what I'm going through, you know what I'm saying. So the difference between that and Big Swerve is Big Swerve is I'm actually in a good mental space. I'm in a space where I'm confident about myself. I'm confident about my music. I'm trying to have fun with it, you know, and I'm actually enjoying the fruits of my label. I did a lot, I overcame a lot, and I've been through a lot to get where I am today. So I should be able to enjoy talking about, you know, making money and spending money and going out and looking and feeling like a star and not feeling depressed and feeling like I got to look over my shoulder all day and feeling like I want to hurt somebody or somebody want to hurt me, you know what I'm saying. Because that is entertaining, and I want to speak to my fans when they try to put me in a box and feel like I have to. I'm an artist, bro, Like you know what I'm saying, Like I know how to rap, and I could rap about so many different things, and I rap about my life. I'm not in the streets no more. I don't want to be in the streets. I don't want nothing to do with the streets, you know what I'm saying. But I am a product of the streets, you know I am. I have people who are close to me and people who I love who are still in the streets, but I'm trying to get them out of the streets, you know what I'm saying. So it's like I don't want to talk about this type of stuff no more. You know what I'm saying, Like if it was up to me, I would want to exactly If it was up to me, I would want to only rap about this, you know what I'm saying, Being in La being in Miami, being in these other places, going to travel and see the world, and going to rap about stuff that I didn't even imagine myself experiencing at all, you know what I'm saying. Like I come from say knife and essence.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I never hear aspirations to be in another country on the eye telling somewhere. You know what I'm saying that growing up, you don't it's non existent around us, exactly.
Speaker 4: Right, and what's on TV.
Speaker 1: And once we start to see the world, you start realizing how different, how more there is out there for us to have. And that's why we got to show our kids the world and more than just our surrounding. Yeah, and they're they're they're receptive and they're open to so many.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly, and like I feel like being a father and experiencing fatherhood and make me want more for myself because I don't want to have that energy, you know what I'm saying, Like the mouth like manifestation and the power of the tongue is it's real, Like the stuff that you speak about and the stuff that you manifest and foresee it come back to you, you know what I'm saying. So it's like the energy that I want around me is good positive energy. I want to rap about having a lot of money. I want to rap about traveling. I want to rap about being there with my kids. I want to rap about that kind of stuff you feel I'm saying, Like, don't get me wrong, I am a product of my environment.
Speaker 2: I am when I am.
Speaker 3: I cut been through what I've been through and where I came from. I'll never forget, you know what I'm saying. But I feel like I don't want to still have touch with that. I want to lose touch of the streets. I don't want to care about what's going on in the streets anymore, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And that's where I am fully always out? Yes, can you fully be out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: For sure?
Speaker 3: I feel like because you gotta take that step too, Like you know what I'm saying, Like it's okay to always have that age and still be you know who I am. I'm always gonna be able to protect myself and protect my family at all costs. But that don't mean that I have to be in the streets. The streets ain't for me, you know what I'm saying. The streets is.
Speaker 2: For who is for?
Speaker 3: Like I'm not that guy anymore, you know what I'm saying, Like, I don't want to be that guy. Like I want to be a billionaire. You can't be a billionaire be in the streets. It's impossible, no way. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's impossible, and that's what I want to do. I got aspirations of being a billionaire, Like I don't want to be a street dude.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get it. Can I join you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got you, I got you, I got you this man, what I'm always share a wealth man, I'm always share knowledge and share everything to you know what I'm saying, Like everything that I know, I'm not gonna keep it in my brain. I'm always gonna share it so the world could always no never gain, never that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gotta grow for shure, Bro got to help grow for shore show up now. Congrat sate your growth.
Speaker 4: Man. It's remarketble to here man. And I think as you know, people that grew.
Speaker 6: Up with you, you know, so to speak through your music, like as you elevate, they're gonna elevate with you, especially if they consume me music that much.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, your message as it changes, could also change the way people view things respect Bro.
Speaker 2: For sure, Thank you Bro. Good. I could listen to I listened to my old music.
Speaker 3: And I could really still like hear where I was as a person, like the environment that I was in, the things that I was doing, Like it all go right back to it, you know what I'm saying. So I want somebody to be able to listen to my music when I was sixteen, listen to my music when I was twenty eight, and I feel like that's not the same person because it's not.
Speaker 2: People to growth, you know what I'm saying. And I'll be seeing my fans.
Speaker 3: I see people in the comments like, oh yeah, man, he need to get back to this, Like I could never get back to that unless I'm standing on same nfe in essex dodging bullets, which I would never.
Speaker 2: Be, you know what I'm saying, Like it's impossible.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy is to like hear stories about Chicago where you're from. These kids are eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen shooting people absolutely and it's a video game to them, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But it's real life.
Speaker 3: It's real life, which it's very sad, and I feel like they look at it like it's a video game, man, except for you don't have.
Speaker 2: No respond on in real life. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Once you did, you did when you got a honey of years life, You in jail for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And I always hear aspirations to do something else. Even when I was in the streets, I knew that that was not my destiny. I knew that I wouldn't be in the streets for the rest of my life because I was moving towards something better, something.
Speaker 2: Greater, you know.
Speaker 3: And I knew that God hit a different purpose for me, you know. And if you don't have that, I feel like it gotta be in you. Like if you don't have it, you never will, you know what I'm saying, Like you gotta have something in you, some kind of drive to know that you better than that. Like I'm not saying that I'm better than anybody, but I'm better than that, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm better at being in the streets.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: In your DNA or it's got something has to be constantly in your ear telling you, yeah, but there's more, and.
Speaker 4: That you're more, that you're more than this.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know.
Speaker 5: On your path to billionaireship, have you reached out to any of your peers for like mentorships and stuff like that, like being able to figure out how they did it to get to their success as like a whole or like someone in that that stratosphere that can point you in that duration.
Speaker 3: I always say, like I get a lot of like insight from future, Like he talked to me a lot like just about like from the outside looking in where he feels like I'm at mentally, what do you feel like I'm doing right? What do you feel like I'm doing wrong? And you know, like the things that he do, like with his money and how you take care of his business, like we had those conversations, And always keep it in the back of my head because I know it's possible, you know what I'm saying. I know it's possible for me to do this and take the right steps. And it's always strategic steps. You know, nothing is incidental. You always got to make those strategic steps to make sure that you're securing your livelihood, your children's and you're putting yourself in the right positions to make your business catapult and always elevate and get to the next level, you know what I'm saying. So it's like I don't want to just focus on music. I want to be focused on a lot of other things while I'm doing music, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, I definitely like if I had to say, like who I probably get the most insight from, it'll probably be like like like Pluto for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know, when you have kids and they're growing up and you're watching them grow up right in a different environment than what you grew up in, you start to look at them and start to make a promise to yourself, like I got to make.
Speaker 2: It back home. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's what I'm passionate about it. For some men, it doesn't Now I say that, bro, and it's like, by any means, that's my That's what I live a boy like I got to get back home to my kids, bro, no matter what, no infans or butts, you know what I'm saying. So it's like certain environments I'm not even gonna put myself in. I'm not even put myself in certain situations, Like I don't care about saying no, Like you know what I'm saying. I if I feel like I gotta double, like if I gotta think twice about being in a certain space or being in a certain environment, I just won't go, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like, and I'm mature.
Speaker 3: I had to get to a point in my life and a point mentally why I think that way, you know what I'm saying, Because I used to put myself in harm's way a lot, Like I used to be like that guy, like you know, Like I'm fearless in a way. So that's why I be. I'm always thinking about the best option. I'm smart because I'm not afraid of anything like I used to be. Like, all right, even though I know it's dangerous, it's cool. I'm gonna still go because I know I know what I'm capable of. But I'm not going nowhere dangerous, Like that's where I'm at right now, Like, even though I know it's dangerous, I just won't go. It's not even the it factor, Like all right, I know what I'm capable of. Because me knowing what I'm capable of, it's bigger than that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's universal law at that point.
Speaker 3: Because you could be you could be capable of something and the unexpected.
Speaker 2: You gotta expect the unexpected at all times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, we saw it out here.
Speaker 2: With it for sure.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, absolutely exactly exactly slipping. Yeah, things happen for sure for sure. Yo, all the features are crazy. Man, appreciate that twenty one is on the babies, my brother.
Speaker 3: Rob fo Nan, Sexy Red, Chief Keys, Baby.
Speaker 4: What's your feature process?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: My future process is like I like to get in the studio a lot with like a lot of my peers.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But another thing is like I hear it like when I when I record the song, Like when I go and reach for features, I know who I want on the record as soon as I'm done with it, like even if I'm not in the studio creating with them. When I'm done, Like when I recorded No Picture day I record, I'm like, I'm getting so so on this. When I recorded Team the day I record, I'm like, I'm getting Sexy Red on this, you know what I'm saying. So it's like it's not like I'm fishing around for these features, Like I'm already going to my mood board and I'm just doing what I got to do, reaching out to my peers to make sure they could get their vocals in by this deadline.
Speaker 2: You know, what I'm saying, Like, that's how I do it.
Speaker 4: We got the big white board out, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I'm just reaching out to my to my peers, like all right, bet, I got this record, I need you on, Like I got this record, I need you on if I'm not in the studio with them, Like you feel what I'm saying, Like in the A, I knew I was gonna get twenty one on it because it only makes sense for real, Like that's my brother, and when I'm in Atlanta, I only link with like him.
Speaker 2: You feel what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, link with him and his homies, you know, other than like being with south Side or something like that.
Speaker 4: You know, yo, what are your thoughts on the south Side is crazy? That's our guy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: What did he call himself?
Speaker 1: BBLB Hey Man? If that ain't him, I don't know what is man. If that's not my brother. If that's not my brother, man, I don't know what is man. For sure, Bulls, He's definitely going in the Hall of Fame for BBL funding Man, Yo, what was.
Speaker 6: The most What was the most memorable session from big Sworth?
Speaker 3: The most memorable session probably when me and Skller recorded Shoot I had a lot of fun that session. Man, we was in LA and we had did I think me and Skller probably recorded like ten twelve songs that day.
Speaker 2: You know, me and.
Speaker 3: Skller got a lot of music together. We probably gonna end up doing a mixtape. But yeah, me and Skller we recorded that. We was in the studio like thirty deep. It was a bunch of people in there. We had vibes, just good vibes in the studio. We had the chef in there, like we was just like it was one of them days where I feel like I got back to like I ain't gonna say back, but I got like in a groove of rapping, like you know how like you getting the zone when you're doing something like there's no missus Like. I think that from that day on, I got in the zone of like just recording all hard music. You feel what I'm saying, just all heat from that point on. So that was probably my most memorable for it was like a frequency for me. And Skiller said that too. He like, bro, you've been in there crazy. He's on like, And I think it was from that day forward, like every time I get in the studio, it's like, you know, sometimes you will recording songs you feel like all right, this one cool, this went, Like I've been getting in the studio and I ain't been having no records that I don't like or that people around me don't like, because my homies be like it's cool, you know. But like from Net, I think that was probably like nine months ago, Like I've really been in a zone for like the past nine ten months, and like it ain't been taking me long.
Speaker 2: It ain't been hard for me. Like I was just in the.
Speaker 3: Studio with Chance and I was in the studio with Bro for like forty five minutes and I probably recorded one of the hardest verses that I recorded in a long time.
Speaker 4: Bro, Like that's a special place to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, yep for Chances.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. So you're sitting on what maybe three, four or five thousand songs.
Speaker 3: Man, probably about I ain't gonna lie man from the past like unreleased for real, and I'm gonna say from the past. I'm gonna go as far back as maybe two years, two or two years. I probably got like a few thousand songs for sure, Like I gotta fold in and my phone right now with about a thousand songs. And I know that my DJ Vic he probably got about three four hundred songs in his computer. Oz probably got about six hundred in his computer. Mick probably got about a couple of hundred. But they all, yeah, they all, yeah, for sure, they all organized though, they all in the right folders. Yeah, I got them spread out. So I have seven of your songs. No, for sure, you probably do. For real, for sure, you probably do. I won't even be surprised. Man Like Nick got a folder one hundreds of songs, and Nick got a folder with a bunch of songs, south Side got a folder with a bunch of songs on it. Max Sloyd got a folder with a bunch of songs. So like, I know who all got my music. So I could go to the votes and just go pull him out. But between all the people, I got a few thousand songs for sure.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: As a fan of Hove and Wayne growing up and watching them right from Afar and modeling what you do after what they do, and now seeing the business side of things growing up through that as well. You know, the big talk is the Super Bowl, Yeah, Kendrick performing, Yeah, yeah, man, and not Wayne.
Speaker 4: Do you think Wayne should have been up there.
Speaker 3: I definitely, absolutely, one hundred, one hundred percent excuse me, believe that Wayne should have done the Super Bowl man, because I'm not biased. I'm a big I'm a big Wayne fan, you know what I'm saying. I'm a big Kendrick fan. I love Kendrick. But just like culture wise, you know what I'm saying. I don't I don't know who's like in the committee or who in charge of it, but I feel like if you if you weigh out those variables, when you weigh out what did it mean to hip hop, what did it mean to the culture, what did it mean to the city of New Orleans. When you weigh out all those factors, who else would it be, you know what I'm saying, other than Wayne, You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And it's like.
Speaker 3: The super Bowl, what the Super Bowl had time performance has been to the culture. Everybody looks forward to that, you know what I'm saying, And it's like your one chance to like go back from your the beginning of your career career to now, you know what I'm saying, And like, as far like all these legendary performances from Rihanna to Am to you know all, Yeah, exactly, Drean Snoop and all these crazy performances that's happened over the years. You would just expect to see what will Wayne bring to the table for a halftime performance, you know what I'm saying, because you always expect.
Speaker 2: Like what are you gonna perform? What are you gonna do? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If it's that it's that easy of a decision to make, why do you think that decision wasn't made.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was an easy decision to make, Like that's what I'm saying. Like that's why I said, I don't really know. I don't really know who's like in the committee or what, like the politics of it. You feel what I'm saying, I don't really feel like it's an easy decision to make, because if it was an easy decision to make, I feel like it would have been a no brain. It would have been Wayne, you know what I'm saying. So I don't know what varrials it might have been. Yeah, exactly in the midst of that, you know what I'm saying. But I definitely think that they kind of dropped the ball a little bit. We're not having Wayne do the halftime perform.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hell, Kendrick, you said that.
Speaker 3: I fuck with Kendrick for sure, like and and and what I mean by that like just being a student of hip hop. And you know what I'm saying, like, yeah, exactly a student hip hop and a fan of hip hop.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I don't even I'm not saying take it away from Kendrick, you know what I'm saying. I'm just saying, like what I feel like it would have been in the city of New Orleans, Yeah, yeah, what would have made sense for sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, big Sworth everywhere, Yeah, Man, gratulations on the project time.
Speaker 4: Man, I know you're excited.
Speaker 3: We're excited for you for sure, bro Bro for real, thank you bro man. And right now I could say, you know, to the world and to everybody who's listening, like this is just the beginning, Like I'm not letting my foot off the gas, you know, like I'm about to go on one of those runs where you you look back in a couple of years and be like, all right, it started here, you know what I'm saying, Like, and I'm excited for that, And I'm excited for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with you all the way, do you appreciate it? Bro Man, Big Swerve, Herbo, Let's go Cruise Show,