Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: Good evening everybody, and welcome to another episode of Fire Up. I hope you guys are fired up like I am. Tonight.
Speaker 2: Good evening everyone, Look at Borusky.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Well, I gotta welcome my awesome panel. I have mister Smear and mister Taylor. Welcome guys as you as always. So we're gonna start out with the title says it, all All Star Game Recap. Candy, my panel doesn't seem fired up. Uh oh, well, give it time, give it time, Give it time, Cyboriski. So All Star Game Recap for all of you that either didn't watch it or don't know. It actually kind of ended in a tie and it had the first swing off to determine the winner. It averaged seven million, one and eighty five thousand viewers Tuesday night on Fox. It was Fox's most watched telecast since the Super Bowl and the network's best audience for a Tuesday night since last year's Game four of the World Series. However, it was a three point five percent decrease from the twenty twenty four game and the second lowest for the Midsummer Classic. So your thoughts on the All Star Game? What you thought of it, what you thought of the swing off? Because I'll be honest with you, it's kind of an I have to say. I was actually part of history, because I am. I was in attendance for the only game that actually did completely end in a tie where they didn't have the swing off, and that was back in Milwaukee years ago when they actually ran out of pictures and that's why it actually ended in a tie. But so I'm here start with. I mean, it was in your backyard. Tell us about did you go to any of the events. What did you think of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I actually did. I was. I spent a lot of my day on Sunday in All Star Village. I thought it was pretty neat. Terry Pendleton was there signing autographs. Unfortunately I was not able to get a reservation in time to meet him. He's pretty popular within the Braves fan base, so as you would expect him, reservations for that filled up pretty quickly. I was at the home run derby on Monday night, which was pretty cool. I was really looking forward to seeing Ronald did it, but unfortunately he wasn't able to participate. But it was cool seeing Matt Olson there kind of got off to a slow start, went on a little here towards the end, but just a couple of home runs short of moving on. I thought, going in, I thought O'Neill Cruise is going to win it, but that didn't happen. Cal Raley won. It was still pretty cool though overall, but I mean, I wasn't able to go to the All Star Game, but I feel like the festivities involved were pretty cool. My favorite part about it was the tribute they did for Hank Aaron after the sixth inning, the Elijah they did on the field honoring his seven hundred and fifteenth home run, more specifically on the Day seven fifteen. Game itself was pretty good. I think Dave. I think Dave Roberts overall did a terrible job managing it. Look, we all loved Freddy Freeman, but I think it was a joke that he was able to come off the field to a standing ovation, but Ronald Acunya wasn't. He was subbed out for Fernando Tatis without getting on in his own ballpark. And then on top of that, you had Shohio Tani leading off. That's Ronald's spot, Like read the room, Dave. Okay, So I feel like with that. And then for the swing off, I thought it was different. I think it was the first time they did it. And then for the swing off, you had three players in the NL East, but you didn't have Akunya or Olson in it, which I thought was like kind of read the room thing. But overall I thought it was pretty cool. I wish you could have had it four years ago, but better late than ever, I guess, Taylor your thoughts well.
Speaker 3: First off, Showy o'tany was actually supposed to lead off because he was the number one star in Major League Baseball. Of Course, the the NLU jumped out off to a great start against Trek Scoobel. Of course, uh they they're there. The NL's offense was very, very powerful, just too much for Terrek Scooble to overcome. Of course he made a couple of mistakes or a few, but whatever. But the NL jumped out to US six nothing lead. But the a L actually came back to tie it up in the ninth inning, Stephen Kwan h producing the final run in the for the a L. On the top of the night. It's against Mets closing pitcher Edwin Diaz. Even as a Tigers fan. I respect Steven Kuan. He can run fast, he can leg out balls on the ground and get on base, and he's a machine. And as far as the swing off goes, it's kind of I picture it just like the NHL shootout. It's actually fun. And by the way, the the All Star Game is just exhibition. But what I was amazed about the swing off Kyle Schwarber hitting three home runs out of three swings. That is incredible. Kyle Schwarber is a home run machine. That's all I have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you gotta respect him. I just still kind of wish we could have had either Ronald or Matt in that swing off. But it is what it is. The National League gotta win, which is always good for while they're the American League that dominated the All Star Game, and it seems like the National League has won I believe two of the last three they won in twenty three, they won this year? Did they win last year? Who won last year? The American League?
Speaker 1: I think the American League.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I couldn't quite remember one hundred percent, but I think it, but I think they all did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But question for you, samer are you are you saying that RONALDA Junior should have let off, or are you just favoring him just because you're an Atlanta sports fan. I'm just just want to second one.
Speaker 2: It's more of the second one, and he was in his own ballpark.
Speaker 3: Would have been right that that's true, but still show you gotta everyone has to know is the number one player in Major League Baseball. It's the hot commodity, not just in Atlanta, but but in Major League Baseball all the entire league.
Speaker 1: Wasn't he the highest vote getter? Too? And I think, I mean, of course he was.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was.
Speaker 3: There's no shadow of a doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean again, I'm not denying that, but I'm seeing it from a prospect, from a point of view as a Braves fan. Where the All Star Game was in our ballpark, I.
Speaker 1: Know, but it wasn't your manager managing it either though, which is.
Speaker 3: Like he manages the Dodgers, Dave Roberts Right.
Speaker 1: So one the one thing I thought was really cool was the winner of the home run derby. He had his dad pitching to him and his brother was catching for him.
Speaker 2: He was one.
Speaker 3: He was one of those Seattle manners that can they could they could produce a lot of offense. Don't forget Randy or Rose Arena, Julio Rodriguez. There are a few of those guys in the lineup that can never be underestimated for the Seattle Mariners and some Tigers fan But I don't want to go down the list of names. But they they just take the Mariners lineup for granted, they just kicked them to the curb. That's I mean, I mean, come on, the mirrors. The Mirror's offense is better than some people that most people may think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've studied them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the Tigers coaching staff just failed to scout the Mariners lineup well.
Speaker 1: And this was the first that I thought was cool too. It was the first time I catcher won.
Speaker 3: The home run exactly. Yo, cal Role, he's a catcher, that's a fact.
Speaker 2: Jack m hm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Samira, I'm that that's exciting that you got to go to that. That was cool because I remember back in the day I got to go to the events when it was in Milwaukee, and you don't get that opportunity very often, so it's cool when you do to take advantage of it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Definitely, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Any other last comments on the All Star Game or the festivities. No, we got it. Good. Okay, guys. So what I what? We're starting a series that's gonna be a four week series, and what it's gonna be is we're gonna preview two of the divisions I NFL. So we're gonna start with the AFC South and the NFC South and those are gonna be the ones that we're gonna hit this week, and we're gonna talk about what's changed in the division and what we think, prediction wise, how the teams are gonna do. So we're gonna start with the AFC South. Uh So, mister Samir the South as the Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, the Jacksonville Jaguars, and the Tennessee Titans. There's been some changes within those teams this year. Tell us some of the changes on what you how you see that division playing out this year?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah. So with the Tennessee Titans, it feels like they're officially really in year two their rebuild mode. They do have a new general manager, Mike Berganzi Bottom over from Kansas City based again the receiving core. They they've got Calvin Ridley coming off of solid season last couple of years. They did draft Xavier Estrepo, and of course they got cam Moore first. Overall, defense does have some pieces. I like the detackle they got a couple of years ago out of Texas Sweat, and then they got the corner from the Chiefs a couple of years ago, So there are some pieces there. But ultimately I think they are a year or two away from really making that next step if they build around cam Moore correctly. I did write an article recently about some coaches that could potentially be on the hot seat, and on that list I mentioned Brian Callahan as a possible maybe surprise, maybe wild card, and that really depends on a factor of things. It depends on cam Ord's development. Like I think I've mentioned, the Titans are going to be that good this year, but if cam Ord is developing as a quarterback as the season goes on, I think he'll be safe. But let's say cam Mooard struggles and they have another four, three, four, maybe five win season. There there is a scenario in which Mike Bragonzi may want to bring in a head coach, in which he had to say in hiring, so that could be a scenario to look out for Jacksonville. I really liked the Liam Cohen hier. I did like that they made the switch from Trent Balke to a Gladstone Bottom over from the Rams, one of the more well run front offices in the NFL. The trade up for Travis Hunter, even though I don't necessarily like them giving up a future first for next season, Travis Hunter is a generational talent and that's just another weapon for Trevor Lawres to go alongside Brian Thomas. And they have a really good backfield with the Tank Bigs B and Travis ETN. It'll be interesting to see how they set that backfield up. Who is a starter and who like who's starting in that backfield. The defense does have some pieces, especially up front, especially with Eric Armstead, Josh Heinz Allen, Trayvon Walker from a couple of years ago. They've got Andre Cisco in that of red safety as well, so they've got some pieces there and I'm assuming the coaching staff is going to be an upgrade as well. So I think their team that can improve and definitely a team to look out for. I think if Trevor Lawrence is healthy. Having a guy like Liam Cohen there you look at the job he did in Tampa last year, will be beneficial to him. The team I'm most intrigued by in that division is Indianapolis because they're an interesting team. They've got some pieces there on both sides of the ball. You know, Jonathan Taylor, Josh Downs, Mike Pittman. I've got Quentin Nelson, who's one of the top offensive interior offensive linemen in the NFL. But I think the wild card for them is going to be whether Anthony Richardson develops as a passer. When Shane Stike and Chris Valley regime took a chance on him for it overall in twenty twenty three, he was always considered a raw prospect, but it was really the arm, the athleticism, and really the physical traits that stuck out. And he has shown flashes throughout his first two years so far, but he just hasn't been able to put it together. He's had some injuries, including a season ending one in twenty three. He's had some struggles with accuracy. There was the incident against it was Houston, I think where he took himself out of the game for a little bit, say he was tired then got benched afterwards. For Joe Flacco, it's kind of a kind of been a roller coaster ride, and he is in a competition for his job with Daniel Jones. But I also mentioned this in the article. You have a coach and a general manager who basically need to win this year to keep their jobs in un likelihood, and I just don't see them going into a must win year with Daniel Jones as a starter. I think their jobs are going to depend heavily on how Anthony Richardson develops, and I think they're going to live and die by that. But Houston, I do think there are concerns about their offensive line. There are some concerns about their wide receiver room. Stefan Diggs is in New England. Tank Dell is still out for the season. But I did like the Christian Kirk pickup and I do like the Jaden Higgins selection in the second round for them. But overall, on paper, their defense is still legit. They still got CJ's drove back there, who I think will have a bounce back year. But it's an interesting division, but I still think Houston will come out on top on.
Speaker 4: Paper, Taylor your thoughts man, well, like like some are pointing out the Titans of rebuilding, the Jaguars got some new coaching, Trevor Lawrence is still there.
Speaker 3: It's still a wait and see approach for Jacksonville Indianapolis. I would I would say, uh, yeah, yeah. Joe Flacco's like play played in the NFL for a long time.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: He mentioned that his name too.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Anthony Richardson. Uh. I would take either one of these over Daniel Jones because Daniel Jones cannot play quarterback.
Speaker 2: I mean, and.
Speaker 3: Any NFL team, the Giants or the Colts, the Houston Texans, they definitely need an offensive line. Man, that's a tough one. I'm gonna say Houston Texans just randomly. But I think the AFC South is just screwed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's it's kind of been the same. It's kind of like the NFC South in twenty twenty two, where every team twenty three is like every team is like, but it's like on pap like Houston is Tampa, Like, you know, they've got some poles, they've got some question marks, but on paper, their career with the best team in that division.
Speaker 1: I think it'll be interesting with the new the new regime, like for the Jaguars the Titans, depends on you know, how like you said, how well does cam Ward you know, transition from college to now NFL, Because let's face it, the NFL plays at a different level, different speed, different tempo. You have different defenses out there. I think that'll be interesting. I think the whole Travis Hunter with Jacksonville, with Liam Colt, like you said, those are some interesting developments and changes. So I think they're While they'll be much improved, I don't know how that translates to their record. I think they're still in rebuilding obviously. The Colts, Yeah, Daniel Jones, Yeah, but I still say that like you, like you say the Texans, I predict them to win, but I think it won't be I don't think they'll be as much like last year. Texans were ten and seven, the Jaguars were four and thirteen. I think the division will be closer than a lot of people think this year, as opposed to being such the polarity that it was last year. So yeah, I don't want Jacksonville to be improved, mainly from just a coaching standpoint, right, Well, and typically when you finish your previous year as low as they did your next year, you don't have as tough of a schedule. Now, I don't remember who does the AFC South play this year? Do we know? Did we look that up to see who were they playing this year? Because a lot of times I think that, you know, let's see.
Speaker 2: Wait, which team Texans.
Speaker 1: The the the AFC South, So who do they play this year?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Because every year they rotate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so I know the scheduling is kind of different this year. Like wait, yeah, like the I think each AFC South team is playing one NFC South team, So like the Texans are playing the Bucks, We're playing the Colts in uh Germany and uh, let me see.
Speaker 1: It says the schedule includes divisional games matchups against the AFC West and the NFC West, and.
Speaker 2: The Jaguars are playing the Panthers. I know that. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 3: I think the Indianapolis Cult should be in the AFC North. I think at least some of those divisions need to be rearranged.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Geography, geographically, yeah, I mean, I mean NFC East.
Speaker 2: You can make an argument that, I mean, maybe Dallas shouldn't be in the NFC East given the geographical alignment.
Speaker 3: Right, they still yeah, their their rivalry with what was the Washington Redskins is over. The Washington Commanders are the now, of course, so the past is the past, the present is the present. So i'd say that that old rivalry is over.
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't say that. I feel like I feel like all the teams in the NFC East genuinely don't like each other, right, Still, I don't. I wouldn't say it.
Speaker 1: So so the Texans, to give you an idea of their schedule, Week one is at the Rams, Week two is home against the Buccaneers, Week three at the Jaguars, four against the Titans. I've at the Ravens. Week six is thereby, Week seven is at Seahawks, Week eight is against the forty nine ers, Week nine is against the Broncos, Week ten is against the Jaguars. Eleven is at the Titans, Week twelve is against the Bills, Week thirteen is at the Colts, Week fourteen is at the Chiefs, Week fifteen is the Cardinals, Week sixteen is the Raiders, Week seventeen at Chargers, and week eighteen is the Colts. For me, that sounds like kind of a could be it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not an easy schedule for the Texas.
Speaker 3: Challenging in other words.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the other on the other flip side of it is if you want to win, you've got to win the tough games too, so like you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, yep, you gotta earn it. So the colt schedule, they play week one against the Dolphins, Week two against the Broncos, Week three at the Titans, week four at the Rams, week five the Raiders, week six the Cardinals, week seven at Chargers, week eight Titans, week nine at the Steelers. Week ten is the Falcons in Berlin. Week eleven then is there by. Week twelve is at the Chiefs, Week thirteen Texans, Week fourteen at Jaguars, Week fifteen at Seahawks, Week sixteen the forty, week seventeen Jaguars, and week eighteen at the Texans. So they don't have it easy. I don't think they have quite as hard as as I don't know. I mean, anytime you're gonna go to go to Seattle the Tech, that's kind of always.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, that's why I feel like, well, neither team really stands out. It's kind of like again the NFC South in twenty two and twenty three, where you're picking Tampa just based off their roster on paper.
Speaker 1: So the Jaguars their week one is versus the Panthers. Week two is at the Bengals, Week three is Texans, Week four is at the forty nine Ers, Week five is the Chiefs, Week six is the Seahawks, Week seven is the Rams in London. Week eight is a bye, Week nine is at the Raiders, ten at Texans, eleven is Chargers, twelve at Cardinals, thirteen at Titans, fourteen the Colts, week fifteen the Jets, week sixteen at the Broncos, week seventeen at the Colts in week eighteen versus the Titans. See now, I don't I don't know if that's as tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah for who which the Titans?
Speaker 1: That was the JAGUARSS my apology. That's okay. Ten Titans will be next. They will be the last. But yeah, I think I mean to the Jaguars credit. I think playing the Chiefs at home helps playing see the Seahawks at home is you know, I think always going going on the road to like Seahawks Seahawks, because that's a lot of travel because so remember they play the Chiefs at home, the Seahawks and then they go across the seas to London to play the Rams. I just think there are some stadiums that are a lot tougher to play in, and one of the Seahawks Seahawks, whether they have a good team or not, but there's always that, you know, that twelve man mentality up there. As far as the Titans schedule, week one is at the Broncos, Week two is versus the Rams, three is the Colts, four is at Texans, five is a Cardinals, six is at Raiders, seven is Patriots, eight is at the Colts, Week nine is the Chargers, Week ten is thereby, Week eleven is the Texans, twelve is Seahawks, thirteen as Jaguars, fourteen is at the Browns, fifteen is at the forty nine Ers, sixteen is the Chiefs, seventeen is the Saints, and week eighteen is at the Jaguars. Yeah, that's not quite as difficulty either, I don't think. Yeah, I think I really look at the tough games against the teams that I think are going to be tough, and are you playing them on your home field or are you playing them away, and if you're playing them away, that makes it that much harder. I think. So we still think even though we think Houston's got one of the tougher schedules, we still think Houston's gonna take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just feel like there's still the most talented team in that division, and I think when it's all said and done, that talent is going to get them over the hall in regards to one in that division.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, So they're saying that Tennessee's strength of schedule is the easiest in the division and fourth easiest in the entire league. The Titans are just one of three teams facing a three game road trip. Interesting. Interesting, And Tennessee and Newerleens are the only two teams without an international game or a prime time spotlight. That's kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay. So, now, so we did the AFC, so let's do the NFC South and that would be the Buccaneers, the Falcons, the Panthers, and the Saints this time, Taylor, you want to talk about what's new with those.
Speaker 3: Four teams or I'll pass right.
Speaker 1: Okay, Samir, since I know this is up your wheelhouse with the Falcons being in Maryland, go for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: I think you can make the case that every team in the NFC South improved this offseason in some capacity except for the Saints. I think seems like the Saints are finally enough, Like no more kicking the can down the road, no more trying to contend with an aging roster. It seems like they're finally starting to turn the page and rebuild. They bought and Kellen Moore and I actually do like their first round draft pick with Kelvin Banks. When you were starting to rebuild in the NFL, you rebuild from the inside out, so offensive line, defensive line. Then you kind of go out and get your skill position players. I feel like that's kind of the way to do it. But then that quarterback, they've got Spencer Rattler, who was all right last year but didn't really stand out. They spent an early second round pick on Tyler Shuck, twenty six year old, had a couple of injuries, never really had that great of a season in college, and they went ahead and spent and spent early second on them. It's funny the Saints fans last year made fun of us for taking Pennix, who was far more talented his last two years in college, and Shuck was at any point and even younger of a prospect by just a year. Nonetheless, then they go around and do that. But that being said, Saints are finally in rebuild mode and we'll see where they end up going there. Carolina, I do feel like I do like what Carolina did this offseason, especially in the draft, getting a guy like Ted McMillan at eight, even though some say they maybe should have went with May went and got defensive player like Jalen Walker there. They got Nick scords On in the second out of Texas A and then then they get Princely from Ole Miss, so that kind of headline their draft. I like what they did there, and overall, though I still think they are maybe another year away, I do think they'll improve. Maybe they'll be seven and ten, possibly eight and nine if things go really well. I do expect Brycelling to continue to develop and take strides, kind of like what he did towards the second half of last season after he came back from being benched. And I think overall this was a testament to the difference that coaching can make you go from a guy like Frank Reich and that coaching staff. They had his rookie year, that terrible offensive line, no weapons, got sacked like sixty times, and then gets benched after two games, comes back and looks like a completely different quarterback. So we'll see whether or not he builds off of that this season. Tampa Bay, they've won it four years in a row. I think their offense is gonna be good, if not better on paper than last year, especially when you add a Mecca Buga to that already talented wide receiver room. The only question mark for them is their secondary because outside of Antoine Winfield and maybe Jamel Dean, there's not really much there. So I'm surprised they didn't go that route or address it further in the draft. But I mean, look, they've won it four times in a row, they got a Super Bowl the year before that, and it's just a it's their division until someone else wins it. And they did extend notably extended Todd Bowles and Jason like Jason liked in my opinion as one of the more underrated general managers in the NFL. Think about how good of a job he's done, especially coming out of the transitioning from the Brady era. There is a lot of question marks under center, what's that going to look like? There is a lot of uncertainty around Baker Mayfield and his future as an NFL quarterback when he had first signed there, and that signing ended up being an absolute hit. In their playoff windows wide open again and last but not least, Atlanta, you could argue that they could have won this division last year and in twenty twenty three. But they're just a team that just seemingly can't get out of their own way. Why there be a couple of bad draft classes in twenty twenty one, some interesting draft strategies that Kirk Cousins contract. They're they're just in the way it was handled. They just seemingly cannot get out of their own way. They have the talent on paper to win the division. I really like our draft class, especially with Jalen Walker. I like picking Xavier Watson the third and there are a lot of mixed feelings about the big trade up for James Pierce Junior. I like it and I don't like it at the same time. I like it because James Pierce, he was one of the he was one of the better rated prospects going into that draft, and was actually considered a top ten picking some mocks earlier in the fall, but there were some rumored character concerns that caused him to slip in the draft. We went and take that chance on him, But but I feel like Jalen Walker was a steal at fifteen. I did not even think he would be there. And I know there's a lot of hype around this draft class and the four draft picks we spent on defense, Walker, Pierce, Xavier Watson, Billy Bowman out of Oklahoma, But I think whether or not that defense takes the next step is going to depend largely on the guys that were already hearing that we drafted the past couple of years. Like we have Braylin Trice coming back from an ACL injury. I wouldn't expect much from him this year, considering he is a rookie and he usually takes a full year to rehab from that injury. You've got ruk of Roro row second round pick out of Clemson. We took him over Bradon Fisk, who was on the board then, so some consider that a reach. He's gonna be stepping in replacing Grady Jarrett, so there's gonna be a lot of eyes on him. Brandon Dorless a guy we went and took in the fourth round twenty four. I think he's gonna get more playing time this year. Same with Zach Harrison, the guy we got out of Ohio State. He was productive outside. Later on towards the end of twenty twenty three, they moved him in side. Didn't get a lot of playing time, even though in my opinion, he should have. But it seems like they're moving him back outside. So it's gonna depend on guys like that developing and taking that next step. And it's also going to depend on whether or not Jeff Fobrick can put them in a position to succeed, because last year we had Jimmy Lake who was in over his head first time being an NFL defensive coordinator, didn't know what he was doing, gets fired. We bring back Jeff Fobrick, who was a solid linebackers coach when he was here years ago under Dan Quinn, did a solid job as a defensive coordinator with the Jets, but when he took over as a head coach while overseeing the defense, they kind of fell apart, so we'll see what happens there. But offensively, I am confident in Michael Pennis Junior. More ok, I would say cautiously optimistic, Like when you watch him those last three games. He has the poise, he can read a defense, and he's got the arm. The only question I have for him is his accuracy, and I think that will improve this year, especially with more timing and more and more reps with the ones, and ultimately, I think that's what it's going to come down to. Also, coaching, as I mentioned, can the coaching staff put this team in a position to succeed Last year? There were some lapses that were related to the coaching staff. For example, as I mentioned in my article, Raheem Morris was one of my six head coaches on the hot seat this season and we were six and three, collapsed, finished eight and nine out of the playoffs, and that's due to some fisteps he took. For example, the mishandling of the injury to Kirk Cousins. Yeah, Kirk was not upfront about his shoulder injury, knowing that once Pennix came in, he wasn't coming out. But at the same time, if you're the head coach, you're the offensive coordinator, you're the quarterbacks coach. You can't see that this guy's hurt or that this guy's not giving you the best chance to win. And you've got a top ten pick on the sidelines waiting right there. Of course, we all know the issues with clock management against Washington didn't take that time out. Seems like the defense, which was his calling card at times, some games just look like they didn't even show up, like that last game against Carolina when Bryceon came into our house with the season on the line and hung forty four on us, or when we end up losing to a two and seven Saints team that had just fired their coach. There were some breakdowns in the secondary there, which is a secondary which was a secondary with three All pros in it, aj Terrell, Jesse Bates and last year Justin Simmons. So we'll see what happens there. But it is a very consequential season for the Falcons, probably the most we've had in the last decade or so, because this can go two ways. The talent is there to make a run and challenge Tampafore the division. You've got Michael Pennix progressing as a quarterback, certifying himself as the quarterback of the future. Drake London, Bajeon Robinson have another have good years again, and offensive line is steady as it's been the last few years, and the young players on defense can contribute. Jalen Walker and James Pearce Junior are as advertised, and we end up meeting our expectations and making the playoffs, or this can go a different way. The defense looks bad, Pennix doesn't progress, which I'm not really all that concerned about him, or we just look flat at times and we end up missing the playoffs again. It's kind of known that for anyone who follows this team, if they don't make the playoffs this year, the coach and the general manager are getting fired. The general manager especially considering this is his fifth year and he has yet to have a winning season or make the playoffs. So I feel like it's a two team race between Tampa and Atlanta, and as much as I want to see Atlanta, I feel like it can really go either way.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Taylor, your thoughts on Yeah NFC, so m.
Speaker 3: H Man that that's another tough one at the Buccaneers Falcons, Saints, and Carolina Panthers. The Carolina Panthers are still the Carolina Panthers for now. The Saints they still have some good players on their roster. The Buccaneers and Falcons. The Falcons are trying to cut back on their choking uh, while the Buccaneers are still holding the NFC South crown. And I just think it's going to be a close one. I think I still think Tampa Bay is going to take the division.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's understandable because again, as I mentioned before, you could argue that we had a good chance at winning it last year and the year before, but we just can't get out of our own way.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So to give you an idea, the Falcons schedule this year. Week one against the Buccaneers, two at the Vikings, three at the Panthers, four versus the Commanders, an early week five by six against the Bills, Week seven at the forty nine Ers, Week eight the Dolphins, Week nine at Patriots, Week ten colt in Berlin, and then there is not a bye right after that. They come back home week eleven and pay play the Panthers. Then they go back on the road week twelve to play the Saints, Week thirteen at the Jets, Week fourteen the Seahawks, Week fifteen at Buccaneers, Week sixteen at Cardinals, and then they have two home games Week seventeen the Rams and Week eighteen the Saints.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, I feel like it's not to the extent of last year, but I think those first six games are definitely tough. Like if we are if we get out of those first six games at three and three, I am going to feel good better about the rest of that season because Miami, New England, Indianapolis, Carolina, and New Orleans and the Jets are all very gettable ones for the Falcons. I do like the fact that that first game against Tampa is at Mercedes Benz Stadium. You open at home again against your division rival. That's a good time, you know, make a statement to a team that you swept last year. And both of those games really could have gone either way. So I feel like if you get a win week one, you would be in a better position because I don't see us winning that home their home opener in Minnesota. I know there's a lot of uncertainty life. There is, Michael Pennis, Here is a lot of uncertainty surrounding JJ McCarthy. But when it comes to just the coaching matchup between Kevin O'Connell and the way he just seemingly has a way with quarterbacks. You look at what he did with Sam Darnold last year. He was winning games a couple of years ago with Josh Dobbs. He just seems to have a way with quarterbacks. And with JJ McCarthy, with that coaching and those weapons, I think he'll be fine. So I just don't see us beating Minnesota against the again in that environment. Week two at their home opener Caroline is another gettable one. Washington hot take. I think we end up stealing that one because remember last year, we shouldn't we had them at their place last year. If Raheem Morris caused that time out, we're able to get maybe ten to fifteen more yards. We end up kicking a forty yard field goal instead of a fifty five yard field goal, and I think we win that game and beat Carolina the next week. So but I don't see it's beating Buffalo. I just don't see that happening. San Francisco is another tough one. I know a lot of people aren't high on them, but they are going to be healthier this year, and you just can't bet against a Kyle Shanahan led team. So if we get out of there at three and three, all feel good about the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Next team, Carolina Panthers schedule Week one at the Jaguars, Week two at Cardinals, Week three, Falcons, Week four at Patriots, Week five, Dolphins, Week six, Cowboys, Week seven, at the Jets, Week eight the Bills, Week nine at the Packers, Week ten the Saints, Week eleven at Falcons, Week twelve at the forty nine Ers, Week thirteen the Rams, and then a late week fourteen by fifteen at the Saints, sixteen the Buccaneers, seventeen the Seahawks, and week eighteen at the Buccaneers. You know, I would say the Panthers are probably one of the teams that have the most approved because they've been trying to improve every year lately, and with their three of their first four games on the road, with matchups against quarterbacks Trevor Lawrence, Kyler Murray, and Drake May in the road, they will provide an early test for the defense that underwent a makeover this this year, setting the record for most points allowed in a single season last year. So I think it'll be interesting. I think I think they'll be improved, but it depends on a lot on Bryce Young. Can he build on the progress that he displayed at the back half of last year or not. Thoughts on the Panthers guys, mhm, I.
Speaker 3: Mean I still I still think the Panthers are going to be in the bottom bottom cellar of the NFC South, below the Saints. I thought I was talking about the Carolina Panthers. That's what Candy asked us.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like you think they'll be below the Saints.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, because the Saints still have good players, like I pointed out.
Speaker 2: I mean, they do, but I just feel like they're getting older. It's yeah. And then I guess you could say that Kellen Moore is an upgrade from It's probably an upgrade from Dennis Allen. But I mean, is that really say much? Dennis Allen was horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: I mean a.
Speaker 1: Quarterback, like I mean, I don't know. The Tyler Show. Do you think he's gonna you know, with Derek Coward's retirement, do you think I don't know. I think Tyler can do it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but like I just feel like with Bryce Young, Dave Canalison, the way their offense looked at the end of last year, and you add a Teed McMillan to the equation already. I just like their offensive foundation right now over the Saints because you've got Alvin Kamara, who's, while still good, he's getting up there now. Chris Elive can't stay healthy, Rashid Shahid is coming off a season ending injury. But it seems like they are rebuilding that offensive line, which is wait, did you say something, no, no, But it seems like they are rebuilding that offensive line, which is you know something you always which is I think where you start when you are rebuilding a team in the NFL, you start on the inside out. So credit to them for that, But I just see I think they're going to be a bottom five team in the entire NFL this year. I'm just not sold on them.
Speaker 1: So the Saints their schedule. Week one is at home versus the Coldoninals. Week two is the forty nine ers, Week three at Seahawks, four at Bills. Week five the Giants six, the Patriots seven at Bears eight. The Buccaneers, week nine at Rams, ten at Panthers, Week eleven is Thereby, Week twelve is the Falcons, Week thirteen at Dolphins, week fourteen at Buccaneers, week fifteen the Panthers, Week sixteen the Jets, seventeen at the Titans, and week eighteen at the Falcons. You know, I think I think it'll be really interesting to see. I think Kellen Moore is a very good offensive minded now whether that translates to a good head coach, and with the talent or lack thereof that I think New Orleans has. I don't see them doing a whole lot this year. I just don't. I think the Panthers will easily take them over. I think the Panthers. If we watched the last half of last season, I think the Panthers were much improved. And I only think that I'll keep going up. I Yeah, I don't think the Saints are gonna in my opinion, I don't think they're gonna do well this year.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think either team's gonna do well this year either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as I mentioned, it'll be a two team race between US and Tampa. And while the bias to me, I'm going to give it Atlanta the edge barely because it just feels like with the draft they had, they finally got it right, like they finally addressed the thing, the main thing that's hurt them for the past twelve thirteen years, and that's been the pass rush, and it's not been the quarterbacks. I think it's been the passers more than it has been quarterback play. You could argue, but if Michael Penn is what we think he is, and if we can get a combined maybe ten and a half eleven sacks from Jalen Walker and James Pierce Junior, because there is usually a year or so learning curve for defensive ends in the NFL, and the secondary is as advertised with Jesse Bates aj Terrell. Now you've got Xavier Watson the equation, possibly Billy Bowman at Nickel, I think, and then you have you replace you add Divine Diablo, who like who we have right now, and Troy Anderson has the speed athleticism but just can't seem to put it all together. So that's really where my question mark is with this team because you've got Kaden Ellis, but our linebacker inside linebacker room outside of that is a big question mark. Then another thing that concerns me about the Falcons is our interior D line. We did lose Grady Jarrett, and while he wasn't a twenty million dollar year defensive tackle anymore, he was still serviceable and he was still productive, especially against the run. I feel like, so those are big shoes for guys like Ruka ro ro Row Brandon Dori was to fill you got David on your mode is still in the fold. So that's where my question mark is on defense with the Falcons. And then at center, something a lot of people aren't talking about. We lost Drew Dallman, who was one of the best run blocking centers in the NFL and he played a big role in facilitating the run game. We've had the last couple of years with Tyler Raljier and eventually Jon Robinson in the fold. And now Ryan Newzil comes in and he was okay in the seven or eight starts last year, but the issue was he was the most penalized center in the NFL and not as good of a run blocker as Drew Dalmen was. So we'll see what happens there. So it's really center into an interior D line and coaching. Those are my things, and of course, as I mentioned, whether or not the young players on defense we already had in the building take that next step. So those are the things that, in my opinion, will determine who wins the NFC South. If two of those things go our way, I think we win it. But if not, and it's still the same old that we've seen the last seven years, then it's going to be Tampa again.
Speaker 1: So JD thinks the Falcons could win the division. You expect the Panthers to be close and competitive, but not quite there yet. Winner of the division will be ten and seven, second will be nine and eight, Third will be seven and ten, Saints will be six and eleven. So really the whole division only will only be separated by four games. Let's I'm want to quick read off to you the Buccaneers schedule. Week one is at the Falcons, Week two is at Texans, Week three is the Jets, Week four is the Eagles, Week five at Seahawks. Week six is the forty nine Ers. Week seven is at the Lions. Week eight is at the Saints. Week nine almost perfectly placed there is thereby. Week ten is the Patriots. Eleven is at the Bills, twelve at the Rams, thirteen is the Cardinals, fourteen is the Saints, fifteen is the Falcons, sixteen is at Panthers, seventeen is at Dolphins, and week eighteen is Panthers. The one things I will say about that the dates with Houston, Philadelphia, Detroit, all Land within the first seven weeks. If they're searching for tests, they won't have to wait long. The other thing I will say is they're going to rack up their air miles because Tampa Bay will fly to the West coast twice in twenty twenty five, and both games will present challenges. I think they have a tough that sounds to me like a very tough schedule. Anytime you're going to play the Super Bowl champions, the Eagles, you're going to play at Seattle at the Lions. The Lions have been playing good as of late. I think their toughest test is obviously going to be their games before the bye. If they can manage to do pretty well in that, then yes, they have a chance to take the division. But I think that is a tough schedule for them. Any thoughts.
Speaker 3: On their schedule, Well, yeah, the Eagles, you cannot beat them. The Lions, sure they're a good team too. They're still trying to work on ball security and whatnot. They no longer have Ben Johnson. They have John Morten as their offensive coordinator and he's trying to address the ball security or lack there. Of the the other good teams that the Buccaneers are trying to face, there'll be a challenge. But I would I would say, uh oh man, that's a tough one. I still I'd still say the Buccaneers are going to win the NFC South. Sorry, some air, but I think the Bucketeers are going to go ten and seven.
Speaker 2: That's that's understandable. I feel like if you want respect, you got to earn it. And you know, we look good on paper, but okay, now what we gotta.
Speaker 3: Go to petition prove it on the field.
Speaker 2: I mean, we we've looked on paper the last couple of years, and I don't know anything with you.
Speaker 1: So I can't stand in the NFL back floating division rivals like they do with the Steelers and Ravens, same teams. Mm hmm. Well, guys, unless you guys have anything more to add about the NFC South, I think it's time to go to my town, all right, Taylor, go ahead, go for it.
Speaker 3: So the Tigers before their all start break last weekend got swept by the Seattle Maters. They got routed the first two games. Speak not only because of their bullpen, their terrible bullpen, but they're their lack of coaching, but lack of scouting by their coaching staff minus a J. Hinch. Yeah, they yet made they made some adjustments before Sunday's eight to four lost to the Seattle Manners. They just kept underrest that Tommy Canley just kept throwing too many changeups. But the Tigers still yet have the best best recond all of Major League Baseball, but just barely. But for the Lions, they of course put some players on the pup. The biggest surprise Taylor Decker being put on there, but Allen McNeil, Mcott, Malcolm Rodriguez understandably have to be put on the pup and other things like that. The Red Wings they got John Gibson, Pistons, they got new players like Duncan Robinson. Football's coming up. Also college football, the Michigan and Michigan Michigan Wolverines and Michigan State Sparts. The Wolverings are going to have finally, they finally have a quarterback, Bryce Underwood the Michigan State Spartans. They still have work to do, but man, I can't wait for that MLB non Weaver trade Daneline and see what Tigers. The Tiger's front office floating Scott Harrison, Jeff Greenberg and the owner Chris Silic haven't have in mind because they got to get rid of some of their players that suck, let alone Tray Sweeney and Carlos Hernandez or something like that. They need bullpen help, period. They need a catcher to replace Jake Rogers. They need two starting pitchers to replace Jack Flaherty and Jackson job who's out for the rest of the season. Jack Flaherty has been struggling out there. Plus they need, of course Alex Bregman and some more offense because Tray Sweeney is definitely not going to be the answer whichever position he plays, especially shortstop. How do your bias has been improving? Of course?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Carry Carpenter can't wait for him to return from the I L of course, But I I'm just looking for Trek Scoobel to make some adjustments. They all start breaking give at least give the Tigers some time to refocus and rethink and re redo what whatever. But they they need bullpen help, they need a lot of stuff. Uh catcher, two starting pitchers, bullpen help, a bat, Alex Bregman, they need like almost everything. That's it.
Speaker 1: Okay the mirror, what's happening in your towne?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah? So Atlanta Falcons training camp starts next week, next Thursday. That's when everyone's going to be there and we're going to get a good look at what this team, how this team is going to be set up going into the season. Some competitions to watch out for one that no one's talking about, it's gonna happen at kicker Young Waykup has struggled the last couple of years. After he hit that game winning fifty eight to fifty nine yard field goal against New Orleans Week four, he just seemed to struggle, missed a lot of field goals that he would usually make. And and I think, as we know in the NFL, the life of Alasia kicker has is pretty short because every team is in need of kickers. Every team is looking for kickers. So they did sign Lenny Kreig from Germany, and notably they gave him a three year deal. So it seems like Raheem Morris has acknowledged it. Special teams coach Marquise Williams has acknowledged it. There will be a competition at that position. So if ku wins it, which it seems like he's the favorite rit to do so, given that his hip is better, now, seems like Kre will just be on the practice squad. Another one is at nickel. They did bring back the Alfred who definitely struggled in coverage last season, got penalized, life, gave up, gave up a lot of touchdowns. Yeah, but it seems like he's he's going to be more of a depth piece this year and he is going to be behind Clark Phillips, who's back third year corner. And then it seems like right now the coaching staff has spoken very highly of Billy Bowman. He was a safety at Oklahoma, but he was illicited safety to Oklahoma but played a lot of Nicolason. It seems like that is the plan for him here. So it seems like if there is a favorite to win that job, I would say it's Billy Bowman. With the Hawks, Summer league balls started. They are four to zero. Ason Newle has shown some signs of a guy that can be a solid player in the NBA. Given to this summer league, and you know, it's not really a clear picture, but the signs are encouraging. Kobe Buffkin has been very underwhelming, to say the least. That's a guy we were hoping to be our backup point guard. First round picked him a couple of years ago. Unfortunately for him, he hasn't been able to stay healthy. But it seems like this might be his shot to submit himself when maybe he is part of the tray deal in so with the Atlanta Braves. They did win a series in Saint Louis against the Cardinals before the All Star Break. I think for anyone who's paying attention knows that this season has been an absolute disaster on the field for the team. The The only bright spots have been Ronald Acuna, Junior, Drake Baldwin and the all An All Star Week, which was an absolute hit. From the festivities the home run derby to the game itself, it was an absolute hit. There are eleven games under five five hundred. Given the state of the National League East, and the National League Wild Card in general, and the teams that are in front of us the Braves, it seems like are all signs point to the Braves missing the playoffs for the first time since twenty seventeen. When Truest Park first opened, Freddie Freeman was playing a little bit of third base, Matt Adams was at first, we had Bartolo Cologne in our rotation, and Ozzy Alby's was a rookie. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the deadline. Double A has already stated that where Alexanthopolis has already stated that they are not going to move any players who are locked in after twenty five, So it doesn't seem like Ozzie's going anywhere. Michael Harris with that, with how bad he's been at the plate, still doesn't seem like he's going anywhere. Austin rally, so it seemed like that course staying together. But I would definitely look out for Marcelo Zuna to get moved. He's got an expiring contract and team wants to add a DH even though he has been underwhelming this year with his hip due to his hip injury. That could be a guy they moved right, Seal Iglacias. He was there closed, he was our close in the last couple of years, hadn't been very good, moved into a setup role. Now it's been a little better. It closed the last couple of games in Saint Louis, so we'll see what happens there. That's another guy look at to get moved, possibly Dylan Lee, another reliever we could get something in return. Four and a wild card to look out for. If they do end up moving a player who has signed past this season, it would be Sean Murphy, depending on what they can get back for him. If they can get a good prospect or two back for Sean Murphy and and find a way to have Drake Baldwin in the line up behind the plate every day, that's something they could possibly do. But my guess is they will not be moving Sean Murphy and Austin Raley also got hurt right before the All Star break. So Nacho Alvarez has been playing third twenty two years old. He's looked okay so far for the small handful of games he's played, and most notably, the MLB Draft was last week, and for the first time since twenty nineteen, the Braves took a position player in the first round, Tate south is Seeing out of a prep shortstop of a high school in Nevada, and then they end up getting Alex Lodes, another shortstop out of Florida State. They go shortstop again in the third round in Cody Miller before getting a pitcher, Briggs Mackenzie. So all four of them have been signed. They've also signed for more of their draft picks. So eight draft picks happened signed, They've got to sign twelve more. So it's gonna be interesting to see how they distribute the money from then on. And that's it for my.
Speaker 3: Town, Candy, h m hmm, all that, Yeah, Samir just finished.
Speaker 1: Yep, Nope, what I was gonna say, my town. So I first want to say kudos to the Pittsburgh Steelers for signing and agreeing with TJ. Watt on a historic three three year, one hundred and twenty three million dollar extension. He has been the face of your defense and kudos for you for recognizing that and making him giving him the extension. Now, as opposed to my town, the Brewers are notorious for being at the top during the regular season. They are again are they're a little bit behind the Cubs. Question is will they overtake the Cubs or not. They got a little bit of big pitching boost right before the All Star break with Woodruff coming back pitching his first time in almost two years. It seems it was like a long, long, long time. Obviously, we have pitching sensation. The Miyes, the kid that had brought a lot of controversy whether he should be making the All Star Game or not because he's only pitched in five games. My response to that was, there were twelve other players that turned them down, so he was not the first on their list to take and kudos to him for giving him the opportunity. He's he's doing really well. Kudos to Freddie Peralta and Trevor McGill because they paid tribute last in the All Star Game to Bob Buker and I thought that was cool when they all stood up and they put up those cards and it says, I stand up for cancer for and Freddy Peralta put Bob Bucher on his If you don't know, he was the voice of the Brewers for many many years. He passed away earlier in January from cancer, so as far as the Milwaukee Bucks in what was a very puzzling movement when they let Dame Lillard.
Speaker 5: Go.
Speaker 1: If you think about it, though, it makes sense because they had to. He was injured in the playoffs, so he's not gonna play any of next year. They want to diversify some of his stretch out some of the money that they owe him. But they need players now because they know Giannis is on. He's he's the face of the franchise now, but how many more years does he have? And we want another title? So you really, they really had no choice. As much as everybody was shocked and surprised, they had to do something because, like I said, they want And you know, kudos to Dame because he's actually gonna go back to He's returning to the Blazers on a reported three year, forty two million dollar deal, which doesn't sound like a lot. But he's still getting paid by the Bucks too, so he's gonna get paid by the Bucks and the Blazers. And that's really I mean, that's where his kids live, that's where he that's where his home is. So kudos to him. As far as let's see the Packers start their training camp next week too. The only difference would be is Jordan Love is now wearing a little piece of jewelry. He actually got married since the last time he took the field. So congratul, congratulations to him, and good luck to him. The one last, one last thing I do want to say is rest in peace to ex Eagles special teams Ace Brahman, who died of a rare form of cancer at the age of thirty eight. He was a key special teams player for the Philadelphia Eagles first Super Bowl championship team. He was diagnosed earlier this year and had multiple surgeries in recent months in an attempt to treat the illness. He actually passed away this morning. There was a statement issue the team. We are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Brian Brahman, the team said. During his four seasons in Philadelphia, Brian was a loyal teammate, a supporter of the community, and a valuable member of the Super Bowl winning team. More importantly, he was a devoted father who passionately loved his family and everyone around him. We extend our deepest condolences to the Brian's family and all who are grieving a loss at this time, he was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Texans in twenty eleven. He played seven seasons in the NFL. He spent his first three in Houston, last four in Philadelphia. I believe he was having problems paying for medical treatment and even and I want to say, like JJ Watt even put money towards his medical treatment and stuff like that. So rest in peace, and my prayers and thoughts go out to your friends and family and all of your teammates that are mourning your loss. With that being said, let's tell everybody how they can get a hold of us. I'm gonna first go because I should have done this a while ago. South Florida Tribune Publishing Company publish a book, Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduringanism of Visionary Leaders. It is written by by my husband, Scott the MotorCity mad Mouth Morgan. Roth talks about media and how it has changed over his forty years in the business. It's available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Google, and Apple Books. There's also a link on our website www dot South Florida Tribune dot com, where there is a plethora of great content. So go check it out. If you'd like to listen to podcasts, you can find us wherever you get your podcasts. If you want to advertise or sponsor one show or all of our shows, you can call Scott nine five four three oh four. If you have show ideas or want to be a guest, you can always email me at South Florida Tribune at gmail dot com. Monday nights we talk baseball, Tuesday nights we talked football, Wednesday nights on Sports Exchange, and Thursday nights on Fire Up. You never know what topics we're gonna put into place, although I will say we did the AFC and the NFC South this week. I think next week, let's do the NFC and AFC East next week. So we're gonna keep that going and uh ending with right before the actual season the preseason starts. But I like that topic good, Yeah, exactly. And then I'm trying to think if there's anything else I need to put in my little spiel.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The only other thing I will say is Tuesday nights at seven thirty, I am a member of the Chicks podcast. It's three Chicks and a Pod or Chicks and Salsa, and it's three or four Chicks and we talk sports. So check out our podcast as well. Taylor, how do people find you or get a hold of you?
Speaker 3: I'm the creator of the Michigan Sports Truth Podcast. Subscribe to its YouTube channel at the Michigan Sports Truth Podcast on one word. Also listen to it in audio form on Spreaker, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Slash, Audible, cast Box, Deezer Podcast, Added Podchaser, and Gio Savin. Also on social media, follow it on x, Instagram, threads, and TikTok at Michigan Underscore Truth, and like its Facebook page.
Speaker 1: Okay, Samrror, how can people find you?
Speaker 2: Just mentioned below? You can find me on Twitter x at atl Underscore Samir twenty four oh one. I post a lot of my articles there. I'd post Atlanta sports content there in general, so you can find me there for that. You can also find me on Instagram at Samir dot side my net. I'm going to be posting some clips of of the show on here as well, and you can find me on Fire Up on Thursday night.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Awesome. Well, with that being said, guys, the great broadcast, I hope everybody enjoys. Back to the regular programming. Now that Major League Baseball had their All Star Game, college football is starting to They're starting to ramp up. The NFL teams, a lot of them are starting training camps next week. I'm looking forward to it, even though I'm not back in my hometown and everybody knows that I'm from Green Bay. I'm not Green Bay, but Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I love their tradition. I love the tradition where they have the players ride the kids bikes from their locker room to the field. That's kind of that's cool, and it's going to continue. Uh. The one thing that did change over this NFL off season two for them is their president Murphy retired, so they have a new president. So with that being said, I want everybody to have a great weekend, enjoy the sports that are happening. We're talking about possibly catching a Marlins game on Saturday night, so we'll see.
Speaker 3: So with that and a good rivalry, but they have been a long time by the way.
Speaker 1: Yes they have. They have. With that being said, everybody have a great week and we look forward to you tuning in next week. Have a good one, everybody.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Touch