Speaker 1: Hey, good morning. It's the Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station one oh three point one. Stick around nine o'clock could score you a thousand bucks. Be listening to win. Tressa says things are bad if you don't get your real ID. She's got the details for you coming up in the story We Love. By the way, it's been announced that Amazon Prime is set for July. They haven't really given the exact dates yet, but it's set for July. You shook your head like.
Speaker 2: I shook my head because it's not any better deals. It's like ten percent off of something, like it's five percent off of something. It's not any great big savings is going the way of Black Friday. Black Friday sales. Not that big of a deal anymore. True, they're not that great of a deal. I feel like it's the same with the Prime. I'm out on Prime.
Speaker 1: Prime dates, but a lot of people get excited about it though. No, ten percent a lot.
Speaker 2: To people on small things, not really if you're buying something huge, and they don't always put all of this stuff on Prime sale, right, So I'm out?
Speaker 1: Okayes we love So.
Speaker 2: Then now live from the Left for whole studios. Here's Delicia TSA has been warning everybody for years to get their real ID. I don't recall being hearing about this before, like the last like six or eight months.
Speaker 3: If they've been talking to us about it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I remember it now.
Speaker 2: I don't remember them talking about it at all. And magically, somehow I have a real ID. I didn't even give anything special. I just checked my driver's license and I have it. I don't even know when that happened. But they've been warning us for years, and this time they're serious. They say that if you don't have a real ID by Wednesday, that's tomorrow, then you got in your flying somewhere. You bear to get to the airport at least three hours early because you'll be subject to delays and additional screening, and even then you might not be cleared to fly.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be a lot of people throwing fits about this. I I don't know they You've been given plenty of warning, LID.
Speaker 2: You're going on for years, right, And I feel like the reason they've been doing it for so long is because I feel like they're stretching it out with the chance that probably somewhere in there you have to get your driver's license renewed, and that's when they put the real ID stamp on it.
Speaker 3: I think that's what happened with mine.
Speaker 2: So starting Wednesday, regular driver's licenses will no longer be enough to board a flight. If you don't have a real ID, you need a passport, Global entry or NEXUS, a permanent resident card, a border crossing card, a whole host of other things that you would have to have if you don't have that on your driver's license.
Speaker 3: And if you don't have those then they might turn you away.
Speaker 2: So they're saying, for a while, you can use your passport, you're probably going to get put through, but if there's even the least little issue, you might not be able to fly.
Speaker 3: Get there real early.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of all for this, By the way, I mean.
Speaker 2: Safe, flying safer to make it more safe for the people who fly.
Speaker 3: I don't know why anybody would have an issue with that.
Speaker 1: It's to get the You got to know who's on the airplane. Yeah, that's what that's all about. So hey, you may have time to get it done, who knows by tomorrow, but tomorrow's the day, so get after it. That's the story. We love good morning. If you like your morning radio from people that know that the name of the drag is pronounced Guadaloup not Guadaloupe, that UT's mascot is Evo, not Devo, and that we love breakfast tacos not burritos, you're in the right spot. Stick around. The JV and Sandy Hour starts at seven on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one. Okay, For the longest time, I've always kind of had this thing like I don't like to wear shirts that say things on them, you know what I mean, Like outside of the house, I'll wear a funny T shirt or whatever around the house, but in general, I don't like to go outside of the house with a message on my shirt, you know what I mean. I just don't. It's just me. Some people that's their thing, right, they're the T shirt with a slogan on it, or T shirt with a funny saying on it or whatever. But I found one, and my Instagram feed is now full of it because I tapped on one. Ad Right now they're all trying to get me who I know what it is. Yeah, it's a T shirt that has a It's got a big giant X on it. It says gen X, we don't care.
Speaker 3: Oh you want that?
Speaker 1: I kind of do. I haven't bought it. I have not. I've clicked on it several times. I've thought about it. There's even one where you can get your day, like the year that you were born on it. I mean, there's.
Speaker 2: A T shirt that just ties your year that you were born on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said something with gen X too. I can't remember, but I haven't bought it and I don't think I'm going to. But I keep thinking about it. I keep tapping on it and I look at it. It's like, then, Nope, I'm not spending thirty dollars on that T shirt. No, I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 2: But also I feel like it's along the same lines of like people who post their political opinions, like, I don't care about your political opinion. Why would people care that you don't care what Generation right says?
Speaker 1: I agree with? I agree. I don't know. It's like I said, I haven't bought it, and I don't think I was going to. But I was really kind of teetering on it and not doing it. But now if it's a funny T shirt, now were you wear your funny T shirts outside of the house.
Speaker 2: No, most of my funny T shirts are my sleep T shirts. Right, You've got a lot of them. You've become that's become a go to Birthday, Christmas gift for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only one that I have to wear out of the house, like I'm bound by mother daughter in law to wear it periodically is the T shirt that Landry, her daughter gave me, and she gave you one two that says awesome like my daughter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I struggle wearing that as I know.
Speaker 2: That I wear it, I wear and I get I've worn it twice and I get comments on it every time.
Speaker 1: Didn't that guy ask you a bunch of questions about your daughter?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one at the grocery store was like, what's awesome about your daughter? And I was like, well, and then it turns out that he's an A and M alumni and she wants to go to A and M. And he started giving me all this information about it is very helpful. I don't know if he was a recruiter that looks for stuff like that as a recruiting opportunity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But he was really nice and I got a lot of good info from him, and then one guy yelled from across the park in that one time, my daughter's awesome too.
Speaker 3: Kind of a fun.
Speaker 1: Shirt, right, and like I don't wear my Smoky Bear t shirts out, although I should because it's a good reminder.
Speaker 2: I think you should, because I think people would think they're hilarious.
Speaker 3: Oh really yeah and random.
Speaker 1: And I can just remind him every time I see him. Only you, Yeah, prevent four as far exactly, Smokey's the man. He's definitely the man. Bustin's eighty station one oh three point one. Hey, we love hearing from you guys. Drop us a text any time at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. That's seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. Trusture we care. Don't care to know a secret menu item at McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Ew, Nope, don't know. Don't care about a McDonald's secret menu item.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question though? I had this conversation with a buddy of mine another day. Do you ever just crave a big Mac or a quarter pounder? Like just crave a crave, crave Like I know you're a quarter pounder person.
Speaker 2: I'm a quarter pounder girl, and hint, little trick, always order it without pickles or without onions. Order change it up somehow, because then they have to make it fresh, right then? Yeah, I only ever want a quarter pounder with cheese and a real spicy doctor pepper and French fries if I'm hungover. Really, eitherwise, I can't make myself just as a meal eat McDonald's. I just feel like it's I just can't do it.
Speaker 1: It's kind of for me a last resort, like if I'm really hungry and it's there. Occasionally I crave. I crave the big Mac.
Speaker 2: Though, I'll go through and I'll get French fries. Oh really, I'll get French fries. But if I'm gonna have a full on McDonald's meal, i'm hungover.
Speaker 3: Something's gone wrong.
Speaker 1: My go to McDonald's meal is the following, And don't make fun of me.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm going to because it's a ton of food.
Speaker 1: It's one big Mac, fries and a coke and two little.
Speaker 3: Cheeseburgers, three hamburgers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whish I had it right now. Ridiculous Chrisia Karen don't care to know Some interesting facts about the conclave, which resumes tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'm super into the conclave. I probably already know the facts, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: And I noticed you started watching the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good, all right.
Speaker 1: The conclave holds two rounds of voting each morning and another two in the afternoon until they reach a consensus. All of the conclaves over the past century have ended in under four days.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that for some reason. I don't know. When I was a kid, I guess I thought it lasted a whole lot longer. I remember in seventy eight when John Paul was elected, it seemed like forever for it to happen. But Francis was elected Pope at the end of the conclaves second day, so we could have a new pope by Wednesday night, Thursday.
Speaker 2: I mean, it starts on tomorrow, it starts on the seventh. I mean, it could happened very quickly.
Speaker 1: And back when TV wasn't really great, Like for some reason, I watched the announcement of John Paul the Second on YouTube. You would have believed how horrible television was in nineteen seventy eight. It's hard to believe that we watched it like you couldn't even tell what color the smoke was. Oh, you know what I mean. It was bad, bad, bad bad.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I remember seeing it. I don't know if I've ever watched it to see what the smoke color was. I think I just found out who it was. I don't think I followed the coverage of it.
Speaker 1: Well, I was. I was in Catholic school. They made us go to We had to go to Mass every day after the pope died until.
Speaker 3: They left for nine days. They have a nine until they elected the new pope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so it was. I don't know when John Paul was was probably two weeks in a row of it at school. So another thing in care don't care, Tricia Karen don't care to know what the most littered item on the planet is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do care. I don't want to, but I do.
Speaker 1: It is the nasty, disgusting, gross, vile cigarette butt ew Roughly four point five trillion cigarette butts are littered every single year.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: For some reason, I'm shocked that that's still that that could be. I don't know, for some reason on my brain, people are smoking less. Yeah, so I wouldn't think that.
Speaker 3: So Wow. Back in the day. It was more than that, I guess.
Speaker 1: I thing that I remember the most repulsed I've ever been in angry sitting in a stoplight and a guy emptied his ash tray from inside his car, just out on the side at the stoplight onto the street.
Speaker 2: Nasty Mamma didn't raise him, right, No, absolutely not. That's gross.
Speaker 1: Yeh. By the way, that secret menu for anybody that cares at McDonald's. You didn't do hardcare don't care?
Speaker 3: Oh, you're right, I didn't do a hard don't It's a.
Speaker 1: Cotton candy sprite. You can ask for one.
Speaker 3: Well, that doesn't sound terrible.
Speaker 1: You don't like cotton candy grapes. I didn't think you'd like a cotton candy.
Speaker 2: Cotton candy. I don't like cotton candy grapes.
Speaker 1: You just order a sprite and ask them to add three pumps of French vanilla syrup in a taste you know, right? That scared? Don't care? More? Coming up? Should you find yourself in a position similar to one James Farthing, do not behave like James James Farthing.
Speaker 3: James Farthing alerts.
Speaker 1: It is James, a fifty year old dude from Kentucky who just won one hundred and sixty seven point three million dollars powerball jackpot. Jeez, well he is splitting the award with his seventy seven year old mother. Okay, I don't know if they went they went in havesies, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Anyway, how do you win that much money and not give your mom's son right?
Speaker 1: So, on Tuesday, one day after getting his check, Old James took went to Florida.
Speaker 3: Oh, spending some money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't blame him. I'd take a little trip if I won that kind of I mean.
Speaker 2: The next day he was not sitting on it.
Speaker 1: Was he No? Well, the problem is when he got to Florida and he was at a fancy ocean front hotel, a fight broke out. James decided to get into it. He punched one guy and then a sheriff's step and he stepped in to break up the fight. So Old James, with his pockets full of money, he kicked the cop in the face.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: They don't like it when you assault the police officers.
Speaker 1: Old James got arrested for felony battery on a law enforcement officer two missdemeanor counts, and he's in deeper trouble because the arrest violates wait for it, his parole.
Speaker 3: Ah, what did he do? What's in parole for?
Speaker 1: Don't have that information? Be good, But he is being held in the county jail. So your one hundred and sixty seven million dollars, I think it do you much good in the county jail.
Speaker 2: No, I mean he'll have a big old commissary account.
Speaker 1: But still, you're right. Now. What's interesting about it is that his girl, Jacqueline, she got busted too for causing to disturbance the same night she was also drunk and brawling.
Speaker 3: Money does not buy class.
Speaker 1: Never has never, ever, has never. But I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: She's kind of cute, Sandy, stop, she's kind of cute.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how much you'll you'll excuse a girl when she's cute.
Speaker 1: No, no, you would agree she's kind of cute.
Speaker 2: I mean, I still, but still she sounds like she might be a little trashy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I like my girl's a little on the trashy side, just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Make sure, Jo And here I am working so hard at my lotto business, trying to win and provide for my family and giving some to Saint Jude and old mister Farthing is out there starting fights and kicking cops and drunken displays.
Speaker 1: If I had what one hundred and sixty seven million dollars a lot, I ain't get involved in anybody's business. I'm like, I'm just walking away.
Speaker 2: Go buy something. Yeah, fight, I'm gonna go buy a new car I can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys stop fighting. I'll get you each car. How about that? Yeah, you stop fighting. Let's go down to the Chevy dealership. You pick yourself out of pick up ye, and I'll just take Yeah, there you go. Let's just do that. Oh James, James, James. I got a feeling James will be broken five years oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Or dead.
Speaker 2: All that money that decision maker week clearly is what he is.