Speaker 1: Take train to post you the station.
Speaker 2: You can beat my boy, because my major reservation totally slow, because I'm.
Speaker 3: Mad in the morning.
Speaker 4: Can I must see you again? Ride together till the morn and strings my train and I'm in school to.
Speaker 5: George Michael Dolans Junior take the son of two actors, born in Los Angeles, California, on this day, eighty years ago March eighth, nineteen forty five. Mickey Dolan's also known as Circus Boy in this kid's TV series back in the nineteen fifties under the name Mickey Braddock. Happy Birthday. Mickey Dolan's still kicking. Peter Torque is gone, Davy Jones is gone. Michael Nesmithy He's the last remaining monkey. He's the last monkey in the barrel and still does perform, which is pretty incredible at the age of eighty. It is March eighth, twenty twenty five. Gary Jeff Walker the Saturday Morning Edition Before we Look head a look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these This day. In nineteen seventeen, protests against food rationing broke out in Petrograd now Saint Petersburg, triggering eight days of writing that resulted in the abdication of Czar Nicholas the Second and the end of the Russian monarchy, the beginning of the hammer and sickle Khamis, the Supreme Court and McCollum versus The Board of Education struck down religious education classes during school hours in Champagne, Illinois public schools, saying the program violated the separation of church and state. Here was nineteen forty eight not a great day. Nineteen sixty five. On this date, the first combat troops in South Vietnam from the United States landed. Thirty five hundred Marines arrived to defend the US airbase at Danang, and it was on nineteen seventy one the first of three fights between Muhammad Ali and Joe Fraser occurred. Fraser defeated Ali by unanimous decision in what was billed as the Fight of the Century. There would be more fights of the century after that. One this date nineteen eighty three, and a speech to the National Association of Evangelicals Evangelical Excuse Me in Orlando, President Reagan referred to the Soviet Union as an evil empire. Of course, the end of the Reagan presidency within a year and a half. The Evil Empire was truly dead. On this date. In nineteen eighty eight, seventeen soldiers killed when two Army helicopters from Fort Campbell, Kentucky, collided in mid flight during a night training mission. Unfortunately it happens, and let's see what else on this date, So this was a dark day in aviation history. On March eighth, twenty fourteen, Malaysia Airlines flight MH three seventy, a Boeing seven seventy seven with two hundred and thirty nine folks on board, vanished during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. They never found, never found MH three seventy. As far as I know, Author John McPhee is ninety four today. Great songwriter Carol bay Er Seger turns eighty one. Baseball Hall of Famer Jimmy Rice is seventy two. Gary Newman, who was in cars in the eighties, is sixty seven. Lester Holt turns sixty six. Aiden Quinn is sixty six. See Freddy Prince Junior turns forty nine. James Vanderbeek is forty eight. Tennis player Petrova Kiltova is thirty five. I love reading women's tennis players' names. I can never get them correct. Montana Jordan turns twenty two. If it is your birthday, I hope it is the best birthday you could possibly imagine, and you get to spend it with the people you love, doing the things you love to do. Truly my wish for you. As we get going, Liam Tomlinson standing by sports and weather. Just ahead, Mame Trees hanging on the line. We'll get to her too, And thanks for tuning in to seven hundred W se clear overnight, and don't forget to set the clocks forward one hour. It is that time for daylight savings time this weekend, sunny, tomorrow, more mild in a high of fifty six. We see seventies in the middle of next week. Not yet thirty six. Now it's seven hundred WLW seven.
Speaker 6: One hundred a WLW Sports.
Speaker 5: Liam Tomlinson, take it away.
Speaker 7: C Cincinnati hosts Toronto tonight. Kickoff is set for seven thirty. Pre game coverage begins at seven on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 8: Iowa State.
Speaker 9: I don't know why I talked about Iowa State. I'm tripping my back day. Well, no, no, tell me about Iowa State. I want to I want to hear more. They're on the road against Kansas State. That tips off at one thirty. It's the final Saturday five regular season basketball. This weekend, the nineteenth ran Kentucky wild Catch travel to Columbia to face the fifteenth ranked Missouri Tigers.
Speaker 7: Tip is set for noon on ESPN fifteen thirty. You see as on the road in Stillwater this afternoon. The tournament hopes are pretty dim, but they still have the conference tournament on the brighton.
Speaker 5: So they get booted off the court the other night.
Speaker 7: I assume they've probably got booed off the court a couple times this season. Pregame coverage begins at two thirty. Tip is set for three Right here on seven hundred WL About the Musketeers. Xavier is currently the last team in the tournament. According to Joe Lonardi, you're in at least. The Busketeers host Providence this afternoon. Pregame coverage begins at three to thirty. Tip is set for four on fifty five KRC. That is a must win for the musket twers.
Speaker 9: I think so?
Speaker 7: Is it that it the reds Hunter Green has been announced as the opening day starter the Red Toasts of Diamondbacks this afternoon. First pitch is set for three oh five on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, and all of the regular season games here on the Home of the Red seven under wl W A McDonald's place, Matt that you may see in your local McDonald's during lentz about the original home of the falle of Fish, which is the McDonald's in North Bend. It was the first Mickey D's in Ohio. Nineteen sixty two. The franchisee Lou Gron invented the file of Fish sandwich. It was the sixty sixth restaurant in America named McDonald's, but the first one in Ohio. And during Lent he couldn't get his customers, obviously, to eat burgers, couldn't get them to eat cow, you know, on Fridays. So we had something to feed him. Can't just close the doors to your McDonald's on a Friday and say, well, we'll wait till Lent's over and then we'll be back to a seven day a week schedule. No, Lou knew he had to do something, so he came up with this breaded whitefish sandwich, put it on the menu, and then convinced McDonald's corporate that they needed to test to try it. And local franchises were allowed to do that at that time, and they still may have some leeway to decide exactly what besides the standards are going to have on the menu or specialty sandwiches, you know, for a limited time. I'm sure the mcribs started that way, and frankly, for me, I wish the McRib had never happened. But anyway, Lou convinced McDonald's to test that breaded whitefish sandwich that he'd come up with to satisfy customers who abstained from eating meat on Fridays and observance of lent. Lou eventually owned four twenty three mickey D's in the greater Cincinnati area. He retired in seventy eight. Nineteen seventy eight, sold most of the restaurants back to the corporation, and his son Paul granddaughter Erica purchased the North Bend restaurant in twenty eighteen. They got a picture on the placement of low quality control testing the filet of fish. The original file of fish does not surprise me that it originated in Cincinnati. I have nothing bad to say about the filea Fish. I mean, as a fast food sandwich, it's okay. But it became a national hit that started right here in the Cincinnati area. Amazing stuff. Huh five on three seven four nine, seven thousand. Ry Jeff with you, just a waxing poetic about the File of Fish. And our friend Ron Wilson from the ind the Garden show that's on another station fifty five krs, gave me this. He's upset now. He's upset with Donald Trump now because, according to the headline, Donald Trump anti DEI pushed strips communities of seventy five million dollars to plant much needed trees, and they're highlighting the ninth Ward in New Orleans. The US four Services terminated seventy five million dollars awarded to help disadvantaged communities plant trees. There's nothing to stop you if you live in a disadvantaged community, whatever those are, to plant a tree, and it doesn't take seventy five million dollars. But as Ron noted, with all of the cuts that are coming and the cuts that have occurred, you're in favor of the cuts unless it's one of your pet projects that well, yeah, that's a good idea, but you can't cut my money. We need to cut money all the way around, because the country is soon going to be billy up financially. The gravy trade must end. Let's talk to mommetry, shall we. Good morning, mammetry.
Speaker 3: S so good?
Speaker 4: God so good, God is so good.
Speaker 8: He's so good to me.
Speaker 10: Amen, sit all the time I have, I cannot say.
Speaker 5: He loves me so oh sing sing, he loves me?
Speaker 3: So I like that. Oh he loves me so he so.
Speaker 11: Good, so good, so.
Speaker 5: Grace guy. Amen, Indeed, how was your week? It was good? Well, that's not too convincing you. I asked her how your week was? He it was good.
Speaker 10: I got a new bed two days ago.
Speaker 5: You got a new bed.
Speaker 10: I got finally got me out what do they call him? Air bed air masid?
Speaker 3: Uh huh?
Speaker 10: I could I comagine?
Speaker 5: Did you did you wear out the old bed?
Speaker 10: Well? Kinda?
Speaker 5: What were you doing to wear out your bed?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 10: Really, I had my bad purd all time. They decided to get me this fromounce, so yeah, is it?
Speaker 3: Is it not?
Speaker 5: Is it helping your back?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I don't steal a pain. But I said, I got learned to get in and get out because this guy's safety passed all around like a baby's bed. Yeah, and I realized there's a little thing where you go through to get out, and I was trying to go over the mountain when it's a valley that you can't go through to get out.
Speaker 5: Well, Mamme Tree, we're gonna have to get you out of that bed next Saturday because we got that big party. And I believe.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm okay, I'm ready to do the huk about So what.
Speaker 3: Did you have?
Speaker 5: What did you have last year? Did you have Pina Colada or something that's all I'll drink? Yeah, My wife and I were trying to figure out. Now, Mamme Tree had a special drink new Orange. Okay, okay, we.
Speaker 10: Can do that and don't drink alcoo?
Speaker 5: Hal Why why don't the Indians drink alcohol? Maometry Does it make them? Does it make them crazy?
Speaker 10: They kills us because they say, and I heard that about asking too, they can't drink alcohol? Goes over there? They said they got did teat no cavity because then no sweeps and they can't drink alcohol.
Speaker 5: Well, we won't make you drink alcohol, that's for sure. We won't force you into it.
Speaker 10: I'm allergic to alcohol.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, my wife, christ To two point zero can only drink beer. She cannot drink hard liquors. She can't drink shots or anything else.
Speaker 10: She can only drink drink beer. I like a Scotch on a rock.
Speaker 5: Do you like a Scotch on the rocks? But you gne't your allergic alcohol?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well we'll keep you away from the scotch too. Yeah, no, none of that fire water for this.
Speaker 10: Indian, right, I like, like Jack Johnny Lee, you seem to know.
Speaker 5: You seem to know, you seem you seem to know a lot about alcohol for somebody who's allergic to it.
Speaker 10: Well, we were worse men, Sally, we were made and Sally makes Yep, he makes them and I deliver them. But I did drink some vermouth. I don't even know what it was. I think he makes a bigin, don't you.
Speaker 5: Vermouth is Vermouth is a but it's it's a kind of wine. But it's I can't think of the name right now. And I'm a bartender. And again, vermouth is a kind of wine and it's it's really really good as a prepper for a martini. The proper martini should have just a drop or two of vermouth in the bottom of the glass. You swish it around the glass so it coats the glass. You dump the vermouth out, and then you put your vodka or your gin in it, uh shaken, not stirred into an ice cold, into a nice nice.
Speaker 10: I had a lover of glasses. I had all that in my apartment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't drink well, just in case you had company, right, just in case you had company. You want to be uh yeah, sure.
Speaker 14: Absolutely spite or a coke person.
Speaker 5: Well that's not that's not the best for you either.
Speaker 10: I like cherry seven up, so that.
Speaker 5: Cherry seven up. We can make you some cherry seven up.
Speaker 10: That'd be good.
Speaker 5: I can do that. It's also called a Shirley temple mametry. Yes, we we gotta, we gotta, we gotta move along here, dear.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, No, it's okay.
Speaker 5: So it's always good to talk to you. We actually talked with some substance for a change.
Speaker 10: Eddy. My name is Chaddy Patty at Amerson Baker. Were in Launce.
Speaker 5: Hey, y'all, I love you, hey, I'll see you next next Saturday at the bar.
Speaker 10: All right, I think I wear a dress or skirt.
Speaker 5: Well, i'd love to see the dress. Okay, dressed to impress with the side split. Okay, careful, I want dance. We'll see at Mamma Try. Oh geez, looking forward to that next Saturday at the bar there at Mama Street. The twenty eighth anniversary of the Saturday Morning edition this show on seven hundred wl.
Speaker 6: News twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 15: He was a Radio seven hundred WLW Jeff Weilerhonda dot Com into the.
Speaker 5: First official hour of this Saturday Morning edition from March the eighth, twenty twenty five. Gary, Jeff Walker, at your service on a Saturday morning. Well, Dick is uh, he's late today. I'm still trying to decide whether we'll let him hold on the line to punish him for his tardiness or whether we'll take him right now, I'm just too and you'll tell you what. Let's flip a coin and see if Dick gets on the air. Now, we just go along with the program and we fit him in wherever we can. Liam call it heads tails heads. We put Dick on. Now what and tails tails. He waits, what do you think? Tails? Tails? Heads?
Speaker 16: It is?
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning Dick, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning Kirk, Jeff. How are you you're late? Yeah, I overslept the day.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean you didn't massively oversleep. It's not like it's almost nine o'clock and the show is over. So I mean it's not bad. You're overslept by about seventeen minutes. But our friend, our friend Dave from Dayton wants to know. Yeah, what you think about that miraculous U d win over VCU.
Speaker 3: You know we don't. It's funny, we don't one of the channels here, but we don't get those games down here anymore.
Speaker 17: It's bad because down here.
Speaker 5: You're you're dig from Dayton and you can't get Dayton games on TV.
Speaker 3: No, that's crazy, that's stupid. You know.
Speaker 5: He also wants to know, since the party next Saturday is, you know, Saint Patrick's Day Weekend, can you pick and grin an Irish tune on the yuke? You know, any Irish tunes?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think yeah, I could sure.
Speaker 5: All right, Aaron gobralis uh. And also he wanted to let you know that if Jeff from New Bremen can't bring you down to Newport for the show, for the party. Then he'll he'll get Jeff the uber driver again. Would that be okay with you?
Speaker 3: That would be fine?
Speaker 5: All right? So we're all set up right, We're all set up grey Next Saturday, we will see you in the flesh, Dick in the flesh at Huddles, right right. I can't wait. Say good night, Say good night, Dick.
Speaker 3: Good night, Gerry, good night.
Speaker 5: It's late this morning.
Speaker 11: How dare he.
Speaker 9: Take away the.
Speaker 5: Six nine time for our friend Dave from Harrison. Good morning, Dave. I'm sorry you were preempted by Dick, but he's gone now.
Speaker 3: Top of the morning to you there, Jeff, not a problem.
Speaker 12: I've been following him so long.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't know what to do.
Speaker 5: But I didn't follow him right exactly. Figured let's preserve the natural order of things on this show. There you go, all right, because we're always we're always tight, We're on point, and there's no room. There's no margin for error on the Saturday morning edition, is there, Dave?
Speaker 18: I suppose not.
Speaker 5: With that in mind, I hope this is good.
Speaker 11: We can all hope, can't. Yeah, Hey, Gared, Jeff, what kind of lights.
Speaker 6: Didn't know it use on the r What kind of what did he use?
Speaker 3: What kind of lights did know a use on the arc?
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't know that that we had electricity then, But what kind of lights did Noah use on the arc?
Speaker 19: Blood lights?
Speaker 12: Gared Jeff, what kind of biblical animal berries?
Speaker 19: It's nuts three hundred feet below sea level?
Speaker 5: What kind of biblical animal berries his nuts three hundred feet below sea level?
Speaker 3: Tell me, uh, dead sea squirrels?
Speaker 5: Did you say dead sea squirrels?
Speaker 10: Yes? I did.
Speaker 5: I'm laughing. I'm laughing. You know, make this one the good one.
Speaker 3: All right? I will so any rate, how do you keep someone in suspense?
Speaker 20: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular.
Speaker 5: For people who are fans of primates, we have more monkeys on the advent of Mickey Dolan's eightieth birthday.
Speaker 4: To day, just days done, not just say.
Speaker 5: Back in about nineteen eighty seven or eighty eight, I took a date to a Monkey's concert because she was one of those girls in the late sixties and early seventies when they were very young watched the Monkeys TV series and then they did this tour and everybody was there in the eighties except for Michael Nesmith, the Mickey and Davy Jones and the Peter Tork were all on stage and she is standing on her chair next to me like she was twelve. Again, the Monkeys had that impact on people. Six point fifteen, on a Saturday morning Old radio, Rick Washburn on the line, how you doing, my friend?
Speaker 18: Hey morning Gary Jeff. Anybody who is a Monkeys fan, I highly recommend the book called I'm a Believer, written co written by Mickey Dolans. It is a really nicely done deep dive about their their lives, their lives as Monkeys, and who the who the troublesome ones in the band and around the band were versus those who weren't are kind of revealed in a bit of a surprise to me.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, I just got a picture from from Brookies and we've been talking to them in a few minutes. And there are the weather rocks and the rockets they're laying on the bar. I guess they've been saving them from the elements. Anyway, how are you receiving us this morning? And just give us a d EX report?
Speaker 18: Okay, well you're coming in five by five and now it all admittance. This hasn't put back together yet, but I uh was putting the finishing touches on this morning. And this would be the uh the nineteen thirties because being eineteen thirty. Filco twenty b Baby Grand Cathedral Radio of the ownership owned by one doctor Sander.
Speaker 5: Oh Mark, doctor Mark Sider.
Speaker 18: Yes, sorry I was looking for the name.
Speaker 3: No, he's a doctor.
Speaker 5: No, just just think about Raymond Bird as ironsides mock mock.
Speaker 3: I never forget that this is.
Speaker 5: A nineteen thirty.
Speaker 18: Yes, it is a beautiful cathedral. It's the very first cathedral model that Philco made. It's a TRF which allows you to come in loud and clear and sound with better fidelity than a more modern design superhead. But tuning is a little bit challenging, and you do need a fantastic antenna with it. But regardless, it has seven tubes and it's just it's just a beautiful cabinet, very ornate speaker grill. When I received it. The cabinet has two major problems which were scrambling to get resolved this week. One the ugliest grilled cloth ever. Quite sure the original one wasn't purple, sorry Mark. Second of all, there is a the arch top. There was a brace in the back that was glued to the and sometimes nailed to the cabinet to give it some rigidity. Because the whole curved top of the cabinet is made just from bending veneer. There's no actual wood that's cut into that arch side, and that brack, that brace is missing, and I actually had to have a guy with a jigsaw and some patients cut me one that would fit this cabinet perfectly. So the glue is drying and hopefully works that well. It's really easy to reach behind the cabinet and just grab it lift it up, and if you do that, you're gonna be holding some chips of an ear in your hand and broken radio is gonna be still sitting on the table.
Speaker 12: So don't do that.
Speaker 5: So they would not even put any wood in this.
Speaker 3: In the top in the top of it.
Speaker 18: No, it was just the veneer on the sides, over the top and then down the other side, and then they just put this brace in to hold its shape. Basically, the front of it has wood, so that holds the cabinet together for the most part and also gives it the shape. But yeah, it was I wouldn't say the same quality of engineers that created this tirf circuitry or the ones who put the cabinet idea together, or maybe it was an afterthought. I don't know, But go ahead, I was gonna say, I jump over to the catalog where it lists all of the baby grands together. That was their nicknames. I don't know why it was referred to as a ba be Grand, but that was the nickname they gave to all the cathedrals. But essentially, uh, first, well, first of all, beautiful cabinets of finest woods, all hand rubbed.
Speaker 5: Except the except the curved top. That's all only Vernier.
Speaker 18: But apparently somebody still rubbed it. You don't be uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: We're out of this. We're out of the save Harbor area. Uh So you've got to be careful what you say. Well, in other words, I don't need you talking about rubbing your radio's veneer.
Speaker 18: Okay, oh no, they did that h at the factory, so I don't need to That's that's part of what the value is with the Pilco baby Grand apparently.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: What else?
Speaker 18: Well, I want to say, there's a theme.
Speaker 3: See if you can pick it up.
Speaker 18: Seven tubes, four pentodes, et cetera, automatic volume control, et cetera, electro dynamic speaker. What I'm about to say, Yeah, do you guys even know what etcetera means? So basically the entire catalog description is YadA YadA, YadA, very good, very nice.
Speaker 5: All right, Ricky, thank you. I guess we'll see you next Saturday.
Speaker 19: It's the plan.
Speaker 18: You bet you all right man, and end the cathedral.
Speaker 5: Wow, you're bringing gifts. We love it bearing gifts. Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com if you'd like to get in touch with mister Washburn. It is coming up on twenty two minutes after the.
Speaker 21: Hour gone, and we slowly start to see clouds decrease. We'll end up seeing a high in the mid forties. We're back down to the mid thirties. Tonight before we see temperatures climb to the mid fifties tomorrow. Firmas of your weather station. I'm nine first Morning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on NewsRadio seven hundred WLW one.
Speaker 5: Hundred l W score Liam Tomlinson in his tournament time. This is the last weekend that any Power conference will be playing regular season games, and then all the conference attorneys kick in. The SEC is expected to get as many as thirteen or fourteen teams in the Big Dance from that collection. Are you still a fan of your Kentucky Wildcats or is everybody else going to be bowing down to the Auburn Tigers when it comes to that one shining moment.
Speaker 7: The Kentucky Wildcats, It's gonna sound like a loser take because you hang banners as a Kentucky fan. But since COVID, the vibe has changed and it's good. The energy has been good this year. I just want to see them get out of the first weekend. You know, they lost Jackson Rolinson. He is out for the year, so it kind of shifts. One of your leading scorers is out for the year. That shifts how your offense rolls. But with Lamart Butler being back. He's a key piece and he's such a point guard, the way he brings the ball to the court, the way he's on the ball. Defender, he's a pesky defender. He's a Final four player. He was on the Final four team the San Diego State.
Speaker 5: It's not who you're playing without, it's who you're playing with, and it's fair and Mark Pope will have to make do with what he's got left in the cupboard, and there's plenty there if they just play together and don't turn the ball over. My Vanderbilt commodoers are going to get in to the Big Dance regardless of what happens in the SEC tournaments. They're one of the thirteen to fourteen teams in that league that are gonna get in. And they've had a decent season. Big year for Vandy football basketball, I mean, what a year. Baseball is always, you know, one of those sports where Vanderbilt seems to excel, at at least on a cyclical basis. In the Big Twelve.
Speaker 19: What do you see?
Speaker 7: Kansas this year has been kind of mid. Isn't that crazy to hear? But I think Houston so dominant. Houston's my pick to win the national Championship. I feel like they've been knocking on the door for years.
Speaker 5: Let's slow down here, circus boy, let's switch gears talk about our Reds and spring training. They're back in action today after some rainout and delays in Arizona yesterday. But we've got action today in the spring training.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The Reds host the Diamondbacks this afternoon. First pitch is set for three or five on Fox Sports thirteen.
Speaker 8: Sixty. Under Green has been announced as the Reds Opening Day starter.
Speaker 5: Here you go, and Chris Sabo will be the Grand Marshal of the Finley Market Opening Day Parade. Michael Waltrip the NASCAR icon as honorary Grand Marshal for Opening Day Parade on March twenty seventh, And they will be renaming I don't know if you know this. I'm sure you do. They're renaming a little portion of a street near Finley where the parade steps off, and a bench in honor of the late great Jim Scott, who was so so closely associated with the Reds an Opening Day. He was always there and it will be different without Jim. Any other comments or things you'd like to add.
Speaker 8: Sc Cincinnati. They played a night at home.
Speaker 7: It's their first Bibblehead giveaway and their ten year franchise history. Kickoff is set for seven thirty. Pregame coverage begins at seven. You see it's on the road and still water. Tonight, pregame coverage begins at two thirty. Tip is set for three right here on seven hundred WLW and Xavier is currently the last team in the tournament according to Joe Lenardi's bracketology. The Musketeers host Providence this afternoon. Pregame coverage begins at three thirty. Tip is set for four on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 22: I'm toasting you, Sid Honey, we made me throw dude, You'll never care me com play.
Speaker 5: Bare whiskey Brown Plant of.
Speaker 23: The James.
Speaker 5: Pedis my friend's Handy's out of Cincinnati, through Hamilton and then Claremont and into how now Brown County, to the lovely village of Ripley, Ohio and the banks of the Mighty Ohio River. There on Main Street, where there was a gathering, a gaggle, if you will, of good folks getting together early for some genuine human fellowship in a place that usually is a den of iniquity a bar named Brookie's Saloon. The gang is all here. Good morning, gang, Good morning. I understand from the screenshot that I got from you, Doug Bonson, that the rockheads of Ripley Weather Rock Fame are performing at Brookies this morning. I see them on the bar and they look they look dazzling. They just do. They're brilliant.
Speaker 24: They're kicking it.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you they're kicking it this morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So what's what's the deal? Did the Weather Rock not want the rock cats around, didn't like the competition, or you just decided that you'd bring them inside for a moment. What's going on here?
Speaker 24: Oh well, I just didn't get down there to put them back out. It was wendy this week and it was really cold.
Speaker 19: I didn't want to go.
Speaker 18: Down there and put them out.
Speaker 24: But anyway, we've had a phenomena here. I don't know about you haven't it in Cincinnati, but we had raining mud here at our Billy.
Speaker 3: Don't know if you had that raining mud our cars.
Speaker 24: Our cars are coated with dirty water. It's it's rained some kind of queen the atmosphere out Let's put it that way. Our cars have got like mud.
Speaker 5: According according to former President Biden, it could be oil cancer. Be careful. Oh wow, So, so who all is in attendance this morning at this little confab at Brookies besides the rockets and you, Sherry.
Speaker 25: Well Brookie's fare and that.
Speaker 3: Hey, we do have a question.
Speaker 12: Do we need to maybe bring the rockets for performance?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: You know what, I didn't even think about that, Doug. That'd be a fantastic idea. If the rockets will will go on the road and perform at Huddles next Saturday. This could be here. But we're gonna have to hire extra security because you know, we don't want anybody stealing the rockets or trying to pocket one.
Speaker 18: Right, We're sure no kidnapping.
Speaker 5: So I mean, if you can provide propercy, I'm going to be busy meeting and greet and pressing the flesh and bartending, so I really won't have time to watch the rock catch Serry, will you be in charge of watching the rockets.
Speaker 3: He's got a lot of responsibilities. Plus the name tags, you know. Yeah, we've got.
Speaker 5: The hello my name is tags again this year.
Speaker 3: Oh we'll find us.
Speaker 5: We'll find some that was perfect. Somebody named Barney somebody named Barney is bringing a sheet cake. And I also wanted to announce now that we're on the subject, that not only is it the twenty eighth anniversary of the Saturday morning edition this show on seven hundred WLW, it's also this year the thirtieth anniversary of chip Hart and the Big Outdoors. So the Big Outdoors, the Big Outdoors Anniversary Party is joining our anniversary party. Chip Hart Wow has signaled to me he will be in attendance, and for that reason, Barney is bringing a sheet cake.
Speaker 12: It's got too easy in it, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: Actually three two in sheet, two and sheet and one in cake.
Speaker 12: Hey, another big week at Brookies here on Wednesday night. It's the beautiful weather we heart's drawing, you know, daylight savings time kicks in.
Speaker 5: So yeah, Wednesday, Wednesday is going to be one of those seventy degree days that we've got ahead next week, and the weather looks like it will cooperate. I tell you what, the last time I went to Brookies for a Queen of Hearts drawing, it was like it was like Woodstock without the mud. The people in the street, dancing, partying, drinking, it was a It was a good time. So I'm looking forward to nice weather and maybe I can make I might have to call off my my my sixth day of work next week and come out on Wednesday. That sounds like a good time anyway. What else.
Speaker 3: That's that's it?
Speaker 12: No man, no nothing, but there is some food here cooks out of jail.
Speaker 5: If the if the cook's out of jail, the eaton's good at Brookies. Okay, guys, thanks so much for the report. I'll look forward to seeing the rockets next Saturday morning. And uh all right, Sherry, thank you very provide the security now, Jeez Steve from at Ohio hanging with a fifty phone call and new's of the week Next.
Speaker 15: The ability to time travel into the future. It happens this weekend. Will you see the birth of your future great great grandson? Will we finally have flying cars? Will the robots have taken over? And a brutal war will be revealed when you spring forward this weekend and step one hour into the future. A daylight sea remind her from seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: Wherewith Bridget whose husband won't be home for months and whose daughter is due any day, Where with Mike, who's leaving home to protect his family and yours.
Speaker 6: We're with all service.
Speaker 16: Members and their families who need community, connection and maybe a bit of magic.
Speaker 6: Are you with them?
Speaker 8: Learn more at USO dot org today.
Speaker 16: Where with Liam after his fourth military move, when being new is starting to get old.
Speaker 22: We're with Tara during the holidays when she misses home the most. Where with all service members and their families who need connection, comfort, and a home away from home.
Speaker 8: Are you with them? Learn more at USO dot org today.
Speaker 7: Hey, everybody, when we started out in Nashville, we never imagined what we were going to be able to achieve.
Speaker 8: We got here because we worked together and had each other's backs.
Speaker 21: In America, we have the privilege of being a diverse society made up of people from all kinds of backgrounds, and that's a big part of what makes this country such a great place to live.
Speaker 5: When we put uside our differences and work together, there is no challenge too great to overcome.
Speaker 8: This message is brought to you by the US Air Force.
Speaker 5: For our forecast. As you heard, the weather rock has spoken and all dry today. I have forty eight tomorrow up to fifty and the stranger on the shore. And sometimes there's no one stranger than Steve from that Now I'm kidding Steve, good morning. How are you, sir?
Speaker 11: I am doing fine, sir.
Speaker 5: Isn't that beautifulski?
Speaker 3: Oh oh, excuse me, I.
Speaker 11: Jumped on you.
Speaker 5: No, No, isn't that beautiful? That stranger in this mister? What were you going to say about do Zelensky? As we get kicked off here?
Speaker 11: When Zelenski and Trump got together on the last day of February, we thought nothing could top the drama.
Speaker 3: But fear and.
Speaker 11: Loathing is always right around the corner in DC. Thus, in the first week of BArch, madness came early in the form of the Democrat's response to the Trump addressed before a joint session of Congress. I stressed joint because the socialist Democrats clearly were smoking wacky tobacci. First Texas Democrat Al Green had to be escorted out after he shook his cane at Trump and yelled so incoherently that even his fellow Democrats seemed confused. It was ironically a throwback to the nineteenth century, when pro slavery types would caine, abolitionists and senseless on the Senate floor. Congressman Green should recall Martin Luther King's plea that blacks should be judged by the content of their character, not the color of their skin. We have now reached that point with Representative Green and find his character wanting. And then there's Pocahontas Warren of the People's Republic of Massachusetts, who was sitting next to another socialist, Bernice Sanders. When Trump mocked Democrats for wanting another five years of booty and bloodshed in the Ukraine Russia War. Pocahontas began clapping. By all means, Liz, let's have more dead bodies, and when we've exhausted every able bodied Ukrainian, let's continue with fetuses. Now I know why she changed her name to something with war in it. And then there was Michigan Democrat Senator Elisa Slattin delivering the official progressive response to Trump's speech. She says, and this is a great quote. Donald Trump's actions suggests he does not believe we are an exceptional nation. He clearly does not think we should lead the world. This comes after four years of Biden and Harris trying their best to turn America into a Third World banana republic, a joy to our enemies, a question mark to our allies. Yeah, that's leadership, Slotkin. Trump does not think we're an exceptional nation. That's what America First and MAGA are all about. Allow me to remind her of New York Democrat Governor Andrew Cuomo's twenty eighteen comment on Make America Great Again quote, it was never that great? Then, why did your Italian ancestors come here? Andrew? You are partially right. New York City was never that great, and with you as mayor, it will never be in the future because it has none. Let me disabuse conservatives of the notion that the socialist Democrat feces fits this week are the direct result of their hatred of Donald Trump. It has very little to do with Trump. Their hatred of American values and especially the Constitution, Trump's pardon the expression personalities. Recall early in Trump's first term when Vice President Mike Pence, a Rhino Charter member, appeared at a Broadway performance of Hamilton.
Speaker 3: Remember that the.
Speaker 11: Cast actually stopped in mid performance and ridicule Pence from the stage. It was outrageous on its faith, but just another day at the office for Democrats. If you think that when Trump leaves, it will stop with a JD vance er rohnd de santus hughes. Don't understand that what we are experiencing is consummit evil in every form. When democrats sit on their hands, when a black youngster, cancer survivor becomes an honorary Secret Service agent at a presidential presentation, you have seen the human face of the dark angel.
Speaker 8: The former Chief read.
Speaker 11: Of Russia, Nikita Khrushev, set the gold standard for leftist ideologues. In nineteen sixty at a United Nations General Assembly session, he took exception to a charge that the Soviet Union was guilty of depriving the civil rights of the peoples of Eastern Europe. Nikita rushed to the rostrum, rushed aside the accuser, and called him a jerk, stooge and lackey of American imperialism. He then proceeded to bang his fists on his desk and then banged his shoe on the table. Sound familiar. Get used to it. By the way, the Chinese kamis are advertising jobs for fired US intelligence agents. I thought they were already CCP agents. Back to Zelenski, whose wardrobe reminds you of Fidel Castro's he's been listening to Democrats.
Speaker 3: And not Trump.
Speaker 11: Elvis Gerald and Louis Armstrong had some advice in their song Undecided, which starts first you say you do, and then you don't, and then you say you will, and then you won't. You're undecided now, so why do you gonna do? I'm sorry, Ella, Louis. That's the best that I could do, and that's the best the Democrats can do. Wow, Okay, Gary, Jeff, that's it.
Speaker 3: Wait till next week.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I can't wait till next week. Good stuff from Steve Simon. Another fifty phone calling news of the week. On this Saturday morning, March the eighth, It's six point fifty two back after a break. You know that weeks ago would be a special celebration this year at a place called Hap's Irish Pub. And we're coming up, of course on Saint Patrick's Day. To figure that an Irish pub would be a hot bed of drunken debauchery and celebration, and it probably will again this year. But my friend was Danny Thommas, who owned a half cyris pub for quite a while, took it over from his dad. They are celebrating their fiftieth anniversary. This year they're on erie in the Hyde Park area Half Cyris Pub. And he suggested that we should resurrect an annual party that Halps hosted for many years. When I did the Breakfast with the Beatles show back in August of nineteen ninety six, we decided a promotions person actually decided I went right along with it because it was a great idea to invite people who were at the last Beatles show in nineteen sixty six in Cincinnati their Crosley Field to get together on a Sunday morning and celebrate the thirtieth anniversary of the Beatles appearance in Cincinnati, and we did, and we did that at the station. Well that grew and Danny Thomas and some family members of his came on my Breakfast with the Beatles show, and the next year they offered to let HAPs host the Breakfast with the Beatles party, and we did one a year. We did a couple in one year, a couple of times, so there were two celebrations, one in the summer and one in the winter. And this went on for over a decade, and Danny suggested that we resurrect that again this coming August at Apps on a Sunday morning. I'll get to tails as we get closer, but this will be sometime in the middle of August. I think the original Beatles concert in Cincinnati. The last one was August sixteenth, nineteen sixty six. There was a rain out and they moved to the next day anyway, So sometime as we get closer to that date, I will let you know when this is going to occur, and the Fab four Fanatics will get together again on a Sunday morning at halps Irish Pub as they celebrate their fiftieth anniversary. Look forward to it. I love what Steve talked about during his commentary this morning to the effect that this really isn't Trump derangement syndrome. What's going on now with opposition to what's being pushed and the agenda that is going forward now in our country. Because they said the same things about Ronald Reagan, they being the leftist Democrats, the Marxists, the globalists who are in charge of the Democrat Party right now, if anybody is, they said the same things about Ronald Reagan. They said the same things about George W. Bush, All the Hitler comments, the Nazis the white supremacist comments that they make about Donald Trump. And no matter who it is who runs for a president on the Republican side in twenty twenty eight, be it Ron DeSantis or JD Vance, the current vice president or whomever. We I mean, we don't know, and we just know it won't be Donald Trump because he will have turned out, we think. But no matter who it is, the leftist will still charge that the Republican is a Nazi or Hitler or worse, or a Putin lover, a Putin puppet. They say the same things over and over again. After a while of the continued regurgitation, you just pay no attention to their verbal vomit. So it's not really Trump arrangement syndrome. It's anything that's good for America syndrome. With these group of Democrats. Steve Shulti and Environmental News coming up right after the News at seven o'clock, which is approaching right now, Tick tick tick. We are attempting as we get into another hour of the Saturday morning ants for this Saturday, March eight, twenty twenty five, to get the picture of the rockets on the bar at Brookies in Ripley up on the website at seven hundred WLW dot com. That would be the Gary Jeff blog page. So we'll have a new picture up for the first time in probably fifteen years. We'll have a new picture of the Rockets. And meanwhile, I'm watching one of these crinsworthy videos of Democrats trying to be Donald Trump. They're just simply not. How about we do Steve Shulte the segment that is retired environmental engineer.
Speaker 4: I see trees, some green, redrosso I see them blue.
Speaker 17: Funing you, and I think to myself, why.
Speaker 5: What a wonderful world? Indeed, good morning, mister child. How are you doing?
Speaker 3: Good morning Mary Jeff Better?
Speaker 5: All right? Uh, you know you were. You were talking to me though you you let me know via text that you and your first wife, Connie both grew up about a quarter mile from Halps. I was talking about halps Irish Pub.
Speaker 3: Yes, well that's that's true.
Speaker 19: Back in the day.
Speaker 12: Literally she lived two blocks behind Apps halps Irish Pub on Saybrook Avenue.
Speaker 5: Well, anyway, all right, so so we're gonna shout outs. Two shout outs.
Speaker 12: Shoutouts First to my to the South class of seventy three alumni, my whole alumni who met at Fredburgh Brewing yesterday at Harrison, Ohio. And secondly, uh next Saturday, Gary Jeff is the Saint Patrick's Day parade, believe.
Speaker 19: It or not.
Speaker 12: But Anthony Immunos as the honorary Grand Marshall step off at noon at Central Avenue and Marrying Way next to the a Horse Stadium. So and of course my son Chris is once again leading the charge of the parade.
Speaker 5: Now here's the question, does this affect your status on dropping by for our group picture for the anniversary party on Saturday next week?
Speaker 12: Well, it may because it starts I have to be down there about nine o'clock as one of the parade marshals, so it may very well be.
Speaker 5: Well, we may have to delay the group picture till like two o'clock. If the parade steps off at noon, you'll be done by one, right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Typically we're done by one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 19: All right?
Speaker 5: All right, Sony, anyway, go ahead, No, I'm waiting for you. What'd you start to say?
Speaker 19: All right?
Speaker 5: Another one?
Speaker 12: This is another one comes from Climate Change Weekly number five thirty six. If people want to subscribe to this Climate Change Weekly, you go to heartland dot org forward slash subscribe forward slash and you'll get you there. But the headline crops doing fine. Increase in social cost of carbon calculation was unwarranted.
Speaker 19: The Biden regime.
Speaker 12: Increased the federal government's social cost of carbon assessment by five hundred percent based on the claim that data on crop yields from nineteen twenty fourteen suggested a sharp decline over time, dramatically increasing each cost of each ton of carbon emitted. And of course, as you increase the cost of so called cost of each car ton of carbon, admitted Gary Jeff, you can justify far more boondoggers. Research recently published in the journal Nation Scientific Reports, looking at the data sets came to the opposite conclusion. Professor Ross mckindrick of the University of Guelph in Canada found that the Biden regime used less than half the data that was available for analysis. This is called cherry picking. Yes, the professor was able to recover the missing data from three hundred and sixty six additional data sets.
Speaker 3: Analyzing the broader set.
Speaker 12: Of records, he found that not only would crop yields not decline as CO two increased in the atmosphere, yields would increase, as they have in fact done to this point. I mean, you know, this just tells you what happened when science it's trumped by politics and ideology.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm sorry we're kind of short on time here, Steve. But science is science is ignored basically for an agenda. And as far as the social cost of carbon, aren't you and I and pretty much everything on this planet carbon based?
Speaker 19: Yep?
Speaker 5: Okay, So the only answer is the elimination of human beings for these people, I appreciate you call as always, and to look forward to seeing you either at the Saint Patty's Day parade next weekend or the party. It's seven to eleven the.
Speaker 19: O of the day.
Speaker 6: I got a dog from the shelter.
Speaker 5: Why didn't you get a cat? I'm allergic to cats because you hate cat?
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 6: Cats are fine.
Speaker 5: You ought to be fired cat hater you're talking about.
Speaker 7: I'm not a hater.
Speaker 15: I sometimes it feels like it's not safe to say anything, but not with Eddie and Rockey.
Speaker 6: They want to hear what you have to say.
Speaker 5: We think it's important for everyone to be hurt.
Speaker 12: Eddie and Rockney Monday afternoon at.
Speaker 8: Three what's seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Pasta is back on a Saturday morning to Chad Rocko. How are you.
Speaker 23: Great, Joja?
Speaker 3: How are you So?
Speaker 5: We were going to talk about the microbiome or but here's the thing I noticed in these discussions. When we start talking about the microbiome or the my biome or whatever, it gets really detailed for people, and it's it's information that people can't pardon the pun, digest this early in the morning, so we'll have to save that for another time. If you'd like to know about the microbiome and how important it is and why so many Americans are just plain fat because of what they put into their bodies, you can go to Rococostelano dot com and check out his fantastic writing and research. He does a great detailed writing and research, and apparently he has an axe to grind this morning with the powers that be when it comes to the hep B vaccine hepatitis B vaccine for infants as if infants are sexually active. And this all this all extends to the man I call the Merchant of Death. Some people know him as Anthony Fauci.
Speaker 19: Please explain, Rocco, well, please, I never give him his god given name ever again, because he is the merchant of death, the merchant.
Speaker 26: And you know, the funny thing or the sad thing about uh the have Be vaccine was that it's really only a vaccine that would be good for sex workers and and.
Speaker 5: I be drug users.
Speaker 19: And what was happening was.
Speaker 27: No one when this first came out, no one was taking the vaccine because mostly adults would need this, you know, after you know, eighteen twenty years old, and so.
Speaker 28: So Fauci and the CDC decided it would be a really good idea to say, oh, okay, let's make it a part of the of the children's vaccine schedule so that the pharmaceutical companies could actually break even or make.
Speaker 19: Money or a profit for this.
Speaker 23: There is no reason whatsoever that a child should a literally just born child, should ever have that have that vaccine.
Speaker 19: They tried to say that.
Speaker 13: That it's you know, that it would be good if the if the mother had the disease, and and then I want to go to the child if they got the vaccine. But that's not even a real reason, because you would just test the mother and then you.
Speaker 3: Could give it to him. But there's no reason whatsoever that a child.
Speaker 5: No, it needs me right, an infant does not need the hepatitis B vaccine unless they've got some really sick parents and they're going to be sexually active with their infant son or daughter. Oh my god, I can't even believe I'm saying that. But but it's all because it's all. It's all because the merchant of death, in cahoots with the pharmaceutical company before this vaccine died on the shelves because no one was using it, said we've got a way for you to make a profit. It's not going to help anybody but you, but let's make it a part of a child's schedule of vaccinations. They're just sick, Rocco. They are sick people. And the merchant of death is number one. Never to be referred to as Anthony or Fauci or any other name. He will from this point forward be the merchant of death. Look at AZT in the age of AIDS, and look at all the things that this liar put us through through the scamdemic, all for profit for himself and the pharmaceutical companies. Roco as always brilliant, Thank you so much, sir, seven nineteen time for the Tom Davis Diary. I like to refer to it as the diary with wild, wacky stories from around the country and around the world. Here is our correspondent, Tom Davis. Tom Good Morning, Gary, Jeff. This week I was kidnapped by the mafia.
Speaker 29: Maybe, But first, another world record attempt Redeep Sakia, an Indian man, attend to to break the record for eating burning charcoal. He was able to consume two point two pounds of charcoal per cats while they're on fire and under a minute. The question is did he break the record? Well, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, it's pending. A man from China recently needed emergency surgery after rupturing a facial artery while he was digging for gold. And get this, his wife actually posted a video online of him picking his nose, she says, to discourage others from the disgusting habit. A man in Singapore was hospitalized after eating a seven pound burger in thirty minutes. Doctors had to drain his stomach because it was at risk of bursting. It was literally stretched to its physical limits. Doctor say the incident highlights the dangers of competitive eating and finally, Joshua B. Fernando of Pennsylvania is heading to prison for faking a mafia kidnapping. He deceived his victims by claiming he was kidnapped by the mafia in Europe and needed ransom money to survive. His scheme involved sending pictures and videos of himself being abused and threatened. He was caught trying to withdraw one hundred and thirty thousand dollars from a bank account after the victims became suspicious and alerted law enforcement. Next week, a soccer match canceled after.
Speaker 5: A child bit the referee. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 8: Temperatures are in the mid thirties.
Speaker 21: Any overnight moisture that was lingering is now gone, and we slowly start to see clouds decrease. We'll end up seeing a high in the mid forties. We're back down to the mid thirties tonight, before we see temperatures climb to the mid fifties tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Firm of severe weather station.
Speaker 21: I'm nine first warning, Meteorologist Cameron Harden on NewsRadio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 5: We're feeling please Liam.
Speaker 7: FC Cincinnati host Toronto to night kickofficet for seven thirty pregame coverage. It begins at seven on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. You see is on the road and still water. This afternoon pregame coverage begins a two thirty tip a set for three right here on seven hundred WLW Saviors, currently the last team in the tournament according to Joe Lonardi. Right now, the Musketeers hosts Providence to close out the regular season. Pregame coverage begins at three thirty tip set for four on fifty five k RC. The Red hosts of Diamondbacks this afternoon first pitch except for three zero five on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 5: Very very well, now all the games all season long. When the regular season kicks in on the home of the Red, seven hunderd WLW. Where we are right now, and my friend Dave had her the Mad Hatter with some early morning tech talk on a Saturday, and we're talking about something that is I've personally been affected by or not affected in a bad way because I wasn't stupid enough to take the bait? Are you talking about the toll texting scams? Right, Dave?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, Garry, Jeff. This sort of feels like Dires good Man Man two. You know it does right, but the insanity no doubt. So this is really been a big thing here lately. People get texts that the toll and you know this. Text based scams are not new, They've been around for a long time. I always like to remind people the bad guys are going to go wherever people are. Whether it's video games, it's social media, it's text, it's email, they're going to go wherever people are. They like texts because it's easy and inexpensive to send text. It's easy to spoof a text I can. I can make a phone call or send a text message from any phone number I want. There's no way you can look at it and know that it did not originate from that phone number. It's easy to make content in a text that looks realistic, especially thanks to AI now. And they know, they know that the average person isn't thinking, Okay, if I get a text, it could be fraudulent from whether it's my UPS package didn't get delivered, or it's I didn't pay the toll of the easy Pass in Jefferson County or whatever, right I mean? And you know they can do these scale They can again very inexpensive, so it's an easy way for them to try to scam you. Always coupled with spoofing, with social engineering, the idea that there's something terrible that's going to happen. I mean again, first and foremost of these people are conn artists, right, So they're social engineering you. Oh, your license is going to be suspended or whatever terrible thing is going to have. The hamleting kind of sheriff is going to come grab you because you owe money and you need to get gift cards and send them to me. You know, it's something like that, because they want to catch you off guard. They don't want you to stop and think. Like when I get these things, the first thing I think, Garret Jet, is I despise toll roads, and I try to wid them like the play. The likelihood of me owing a toll anywhere is virtually zero at all times, you know.
Speaker 19: So.
Speaker 3: But the really interesting and devious aspect of this, I think is when I encourage people to look at these carefully, because a when you get a text with a link in it, there's no way to look at the link and know whether it's legitimate or not, at least on a full blown computer. If you get an email with a link, you can mouth over the link and a little box will pop up and show you where it actually goes. Now, just because what it says on the screen and where it goes aren't the same, that does not mean it's illegitimate, but it's a very very strong indicator that something is wrong. And I encourage all your listeners. If you're on a computer and you have a link in an email, put your mouse over it, don't click it, just let us sit there.
Speaker 19: A little box will pop up, and if they.
Speaker 3: Don't say the same thing, if they don't point to the same place, I would not click that link. Right, But you can't do that on a phone, and you especially can't do that in a text. So Apple, to their credit, has tried to protect people from this. So if you get a text from someone on an Apple phone and that number is not in your contacts, it will not enable the links. And if you read those messages you're getting carefully Garret, Jeff, if you get another one ticket to look at it. They actually give you instructions to defeat that security mechanism and help you become a victim. It actually says, you know yet why to reply with why. Once you do that, it adds to some it's your contacts, and then it goes on to further stay then close this message and reopen it to click the link. They're actually giving you instructions to defeat the security mechanism that's protecting you on an Apple phone. That's how creative these guys all here.
Speaker 5: Here's something else, Dave real quickly, my friend Dave Bakrath from Dayton said getting job offer texts daily? Are these all scams? Hello? I'm Sierra from Klarna. Your background and resume have been recommended by multiple online recruiting agencies. Therefore, we would like to offer you a great remote online part time job to help Klarna merchants update data, increase visits and it goes all through this and said if you'd like to join us, please send via SMS function to a number for more information.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a scam to Melion, I can almost guarantee that's a scam.
Speaker 19: The FBI has warned recently about job.
Speaker 3: Based scams like that because they know a lot of people are out of work, and again they're going to come out to wherever they can. Maybe it's to get some money out of your claiming we're going to hire you, but you've got to pay for some training or equipment first. That's a common scam. It might just be to get you to give them sensitive information like your social Security number, because you think you're going to get a job. That sounds super scammy to me. And what I would suggest is, any time you get a text, if it seems even remotely ill legit, do not reply to it. Do just report, block and report a junk mail and block right. And if you think it's legit, Like if you're interested in a job and you think that might be legit, go find that company purports to have come from online and then read their website. See if there's a phone number on the website you can call, find an email address on there, look that person up on LinkedIn. Again, none of these are guaranteed it's legit still, but a random text claiming that people are sending your information to them and they want to hire you, I would say there's a ninety nine nine nine chance that's a scam. So yeah, go out of band, go research it on your own. Be careful because they'll go steal your money. Go steal your data or both.
Speaker 5: Let what if it's a Nigerian prince that wants to give you a job that'll pay you no? Never mind, Dave.
Speaker 3: Down there, Gary Jeff is probably scam on other people.
Speaker 5: You know, and Dave, I will remind you that next Saturday we have our big twenty eighth anniversary celebration. I know you've come by in the past. I hope you can make it next weekend into another hour of the Saturday morning n issued for this Saturday, March eighth, twenty twenty five. I'm Jerry Jeff Walker and you are you and that's perfectly fine with me. Live like you want to live a free don't as we like to say, I like to say for some reason, I where's my science Mike intro? Liam is it?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 5: I can't. I can't see it. I'm just trusting you here.
Speaker 3: You gotta be.
Speaker 5: You gotta hold old people's hands sometime for snappers who have no idea of how to take care of the host. I appreciate your help. Thank you, Science Mike. How are you doing? Hello? Hello there, I'm here. I'm here, all right?
Speaker 19: You doing?
Speaker 5: I'm good. Regardless of what you hear on the radio, I'm fine, really.
Speaker 19: Yeah, exactly. I was thinking about you four point thirty Friday morning, laying in bed. I was watching a program and it's kind of this kind of funny topic because I had to planned out. You're six fifty five this morning intro about doing breakfast with the Beatles and coming back right in August for special and you played the intro to your backup music with Strawberry Fields Forever, which was my science topic.
Speaker 5: It's cool, let's do it.
Speaker 19: So what does what does the train, Alvin and the chipmunks and Strawberry Fields the song have in common, and the whole thing they have in common you're probably gonna add to this, So let's talk about a train. Talk about the Doppler effect. Frequency changes. As the train moves faster towards you, comes higher in pitch because of the squishing of the the sound waves, so you have more cycles per second hitting your ear, so the pitch increases, right, Yeah, Alvin. The chipmunks, they increased the speed of the of the vocal to make them sound like chipmunks when I actually we're talking like you and I are right now into the into the end of the end of the recording device. But they just speed up to increase the pitches and strawberry fields. I just was watching this and you're probably gonna add to this. They had recorded. It took fifty five hours of recording to do this song, which is amazing. But they had how many tracks that track seven was recorded in A and track twenty six was recorded in C. And mister John Lennon said, I want to put them both together, and they just scratch their heads and say, you can't do that, John, because of their different different uh yeah, difference A and C. And they so now you can do it. So what happened was they took the A, the seven, the track seven and increased the speed a little bit, which raised the pitch an octave a little bit. And they took track twenty six and they and they slowed it down and low and behold, about a minute into the song, you can actually kind of hear it. You can hear the two tracks married together, but they were on the near the same same line.
Speaker 5: That was see. That was the magic of George Martin, the Beatles producer. Many people call him the fifth Beatles. Other people say it was Pete Best who was the original drummer, but no George Martin truly through the Beatles entire successful career as recording artist. The man who was responsible for so much of the brilliance that many of us respect and admire in that band came from George Martin, Sir George Martin, and he had the difficult task of speeding up and slowing down those two versions on that particular song to make yes by hand, to make them match in tempo. Amazing stuff.
Speaker 19: Hey, it was like the first time really done, and it was it was interesting to watch it.
Speaker 5: Gary Jackson, so will you will you be able to make it next Saturday for our celebration.
Speaker 19: I'll be over. I'll be over around twelfth thirty, one o'clock.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the group the group picture. Will We'll move to one thirty to see if we can accommodate Steve Shulte. He's got some silly Saint Patrick's to Day parade to go to in Cincinnati.
Speaker 19: Not a problem.
Speaker 5: But loon drink is green beer, all right, Michael. Always good to talk to you. Thank you so much, Science Mike. On a Saturday morning.
Speaker 3: It's.
Speaker 5: Goad and kind and let's go to Brother Rick Green for some inspiration from the word of God. On a Saturday morning. Brother Green, I gotta tell you a fantastic God really blessed you this week with the movie finally being shown and there at Springdale Nazarene Church on Thursday night, and I've got to tell you, and confessed everyone else, apparently I'm no good working with bad gps. My wife and I my wife and I got off half an hour early on Thursday night to come to the seven thirty showing at your church of your movie. Going to a place we'd never been to before. It's dark, and that's the other thing. I'm just about night blind. Driving around, people are always flashing their headlights because I got my brights on just so I can see five feet in front of me. And we're trying to find your church. And by the time we figured out we were ten minutes away, it was it was like twenty minutes late. We weren't gonna be able to make the movie, so we did not get to see it. But I heard from a friend and listener, Linda Ryder, who told me that she did make it out because she heard about it here in the air, and she said it was absolutely wonderful. I know you had a really blessed night. Tell me a little bit about what happened Thursday. Rick, Oh, praise God, Gery. I want to make sure we send you a copy. You will see it, Oh, I will.
Speaker 30: I'm blessed so richly Thursday, and I said, God, you love me that much. It was people's song I never met before, Malae and the humble Man. I had to step out, and Lono said, they heard it. They're ready in the inquiry. They're heard on the air. For all the work that we've been doing, Gary paying off.
Speaker 5: All right, fantastic. So you had a lot, a lot of folks out for a lot of folks out for two showings there Thursday. And please let me know when I can get a copy, Kristin, I both dearly want to see that, and I know it will will bless us by seeing your story of coming to God and coming to Jesus. So what have you got this morning? For a verse?
Speaker 19: Brother? Today?
Speaker 31: Gray, we got down chapter five, verse twenty four. Jesus says, very truly, I tell you, whoever hears my work and believes him that sent me has eternal life and will not be just, but has crossed over from death to life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the good news right there.
Speaker 5: You know, John John is chock full of Jesus talking about belief and eternal life. I mean, everybody knows John three sixteen, but discontinues throughout this part of the Book of John into the fifth chapter. He's still saying. Essentially, he's reaffirming what three sixteen promises. And uh, it's it's beautiful.
Speaker 16: It is.
Speaker 5: It is the message. That's the whole thing. In a nutshell, it's up to us to believe.
Speaker 3: Gary. That's it. We're really gonna believe or we're not.
Speaker 19: There's no gray area.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, well, God bless you, and I believe.
Speaker 30: I love him, I'm believing for God send it.
Speaker 5: I believe him too. I do indeed, I'll look forward to seeing the movie whenever we can get that together.
Speaker 19: Brother.
Speaker 5: And I'm sorry that we were. I don't know. I think I think, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm not laughing. I'm laughing, which you're definitely getting.
Speaker 5: I think that the devil was driving that car or something. I don't know, but will four.
Speaker 3: We didn't make that movie for him, so he can't see.
Speaker 5: Okay, Rick, excellent brother, brother Rick Green, you you've already made it a blessed Day. It's eight eighteen. Charlie Coleman, the coach coming up with a brand new book that he has compiled. Next w w L sport anybody knows about jocks? It's this guy, Liam Tomlinson tell me. FC Cincinnati hosts Toronto and I kick off. The set for seven thirty. Pregame coverage begins at seven on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 7: Big College Basketball Slate Today. First team to get an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament is today in the OVC Kentucky Wildcats. Nineteenth rank Kentucky Wildcats travel to Columbia to face the fifteenth ranked in Missouri Tigers. Tip is set for noon on ESPN fifteen thirty. You see is on the road and still water. This afternoon pregame coverage begins at two thirty. Tip is set for three Right here on seven hundred WLW Xavier's currently last team in the tournament, according to Joe Lonardi. The Musketeers host Providence to close out their regular season. This afternoon. Pregame coverage begins at three thirty. Tip is set for four on fifty five KRC. Eighth re Egent Basketball Championship in Kentucky. The Simon Kenton Lady Pioneers face off against the Grant County Lady Braves that tips off at eight o'clock. Hunter Green has been announced as the Reds opening day starter. The Reds host of Diamondbacks this afternoon. First pitch is set for three h five on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 5: All right, that ed for now? Yes, okay, I was. I was just surprised because I ask you to just, you know, give me the sports. What's the rundown? A guy knows jockson. You came out and you sounded like an FM disc jockey from the seventies who had just taken a hit of acid. Could we have maybe a little bit more energy please? It was an acid?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 5: Right up next, my friend the coach, who is Charlie Coleman. And if you are in Campbell County in Northern Kentucky and you know about the Northern Kentucky Sports Hall of Fame and the museum, you know Charlie Coleman. If you have lived in Campbell County pretty much your entire life, you probably know Charlie Coleman. I'm blessed to know Charlie Coleman. And now he's back. We talked a little bit about this yesterday, but this fantastic tome you've compiled about Northern Kentucky Sports Legends of the nineteen fifties, Charlie, is a love letter to not only those men and women who are in the book, but every fan who watched them growing up or who was affected by them in later life when they became coaches and settled into the community. It's great to have you on a Saturday morning, Charlie Coleman. How are you well.
Speaker 25: I'm doing just fine, and it's my pleasure to be on the Nation station, and especially with you Gary Jeff.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks for taking the time out. So tell me about this book that you put together, and then we'll talk about a special celebration at the museum.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 25: Well, the book has been on my bucket list for early a quarter of a century, twenty five years. I've actually been retired that long from Bellevue High School, and I wanted to write a book but didn't have the confidence to do it, and so I did a TV show that some of your listeners may remember, called Northern Kentucky Sports Legends on our local cable Insight Communications Channel six and I did that for ten years, and the reason I did it was because a book has to have an ending, and if I could do it on TV, I could do it forever.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 25: Unfortunately, Insight was bought by Time Warner and local programming was discontinued.
Speaker 12: So I had a lot of material.
Speaker 25: And I finally met a man, doctor James Claypool, through the Sports Hall of Fame, and many many, many people in the region know doctor Claypoley has written ten or more books, a noted historian throughout the Commonwealth, and he gave me the confidence and said, Charlie, I'll edit it for you, which was my stumbling block as far as the grammar, punctuation and so on. So I put it together. And since it was the nineteen fifties, and as a fan and a kid growing up in Newport watching basketball, football, baseball games, to me the nineteen fifties it seemed every high school had an outstanding player, no matter the high school. And so I wrote about the nineteen fifties and wrote about fifty legends from the nineteen fifties. There are omissions because the book has to have an ending, sure, and it wasn't. It's not an encyclopedia.
Speaker 3: But it's.
Speaker 25: The stories of these fifty great athletes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Among them, of course Hall of Famer Jim Bunning, who later became a US Senator from Kentucky for many many years, obviously a Hall of Famer. Had had a guy in the book that a lot of people U see, fans who followed UC basketball for all these years, including the national championships in the early sixties, will know the name Tom Thacker, and he's in this book and he is He was from what Holmes High School.
Speaker 25: Cobby Grant, which back during the second Yeah, segregation days, that was an African American high school there on Greenup Street, and Tom Tacker attended there. I had a great coach by the name of Jim Block who was originally from Oglan Glendale in Cincinnati and went to Tuskegee Institute to get his college education, came back and ended up at Grant and took the Warriors Grant Warriors to several regional championships and state tournament appearances.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But Tom Packer also, as you mentioned, is the only player, only basketball player to win a national championship in college basketball, an ABA Championship because he played in the Old American Basketball Association and an NBA championship. And also of note in this book by Charlie Coleman we're talking about is Pat Scott, who was in the Female Baseball League that the movie A League of Their Own was based on.
Speaker 25: Right, Yeah, and she was even consulted when they made that movie. Pat attended Saint Henry Little Catholic High School in Erlanger and went to Chicago with her father to try out and played for the Springfield Sally's first of all, and then later most of her careers with the Fort Wayne Daisy. She was a pitcher and quite a good one as well, and played until that league collapsed in the early nineteen fifties. But she was a true lady and an accomplished artist. She did wood carvings, and I know there is one that the baron to Crawford Museum has. It's a hand holding a baseball. Appropriately. She's the only female that I wrote about because it was the nineteen fifties and girls just didn't play in the nineteen fifties, right.
Speaker 5: Pre title nine, So real quickly tell me about what's going on at the museum. You've got a special event.
Speaker 25: Yeah, thank you for asking about that, and this is with the Northern Kentucky Sports.
Speaker 5: Hall of Fame.
Speaker 25: Joe Brannan was our former president and he put a lot of things together. Your listeners may be interested in knowing our president president is Randy marsh form All, Major League Bampar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, graduate of Real Quick. Whin's the event, Charlie. We're running out of time.
Speaker 25: March twenty second, from one to four. That's the opening and there's no admission charge. The public's invited one to four, and there'll be memorabilia there.
Speaker 3: From the fifty legends in the book.
Speaker 5: And well you have copies of the book there as well, and.
Speaker 25: I certainly will.
Speaker 5: And unless you sell out before.
Speaker 25: I've actually sold over one hundred. I'm really happy with that. Congratulating that less than two month so and thank you to you and the Big One for having me on. I appreciate it immensely.
Speaker 21: You got it, my friend, Charlie Coleman, the coach the upper forties of mostly sunny skies. Tomorrow we see highs in the mid fifties from severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: Thirty five, right now in Cincinnati. I'm Sandy Collins.
Speaker 5: Next update at nine o'clock on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW, Good.
Speaker 5: Morning Kids, Time for Giars through Wally. The blonde Who's fed up woman decides one day that she is sick and tired of all the blonde jokes and now all blonds are perceived to be stupid. She decides to show her husband that blonds like her really are smart. Her husband goes off to work, she decides that she is going to paint a couple of rooms in the house the next day. Right after her husband leaves for work, she gets down to the task at hand. Her husband arrives home around five point thirty and smells the distinctive smell of paint. He walks in the living room and finds his wife lying on the floor in a pool of sweat. He notices she's wearing a ski jacket and her big fur winter coat at the same time. He goes over and ask her if she's okay. She replies yes. He asks what she is doing. She replies that she wanted to prove to him the not all blonde women are dumb and wanted to do it by painting the house. Then why she has on a ski jacket and her for a coat. She replies that she was reading the directions on the paint can and they said for best results, put on two coats.
Speaker 15: The ability to time travel into the future, it happens this weekend. Will you see the birth of your future great great grandson. Will we finally have flying cars? Will the robots have taken over in a brutal war? Will be revealed when you spring forward this weekend and step one hour into the future. A daylight savings reminder from seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Attention, HVAC contractors, Big Joe, staysni Act, the Buckie. Both those are here, dressed enough and make it from me, this.
Speaker 6: Is what I get.
Speaker 5: Calm that down. I can't hear myself think the wait, I can't hear myself think. That's scarier than that. That was just so strange. Time for a little sports talk, and for that, of course, we bring into our personal Saturday Morning expert, the want and known late Moeger.
Speaker 3: Hey, mo well, what's going on.
Speaker 5: We're a week away from the big party and people keep asking do you think Moels show up. I said, well, he told me he would, so I'm taking the man at his word. You've never let me down before, Egar, so.
Speaker 19: That's kind true.
Speaker 3: But my plan is my plan is to stop by.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, that'd be wonderful. I think we're talking about one thirty for the group picture that you were a part of last year, and we we'd like to have those just to see how much older everyone's gotten, uh from year to year. Well, we all thought in talking about possibilities for your hour Cincinnati Bengals next season and lo and behold, part of that discussion was Oya, how we possibly keep Jamar Chase and t Higgins and Trey hendrick I guess Trey's off the table. Now, what's going on with Trey Hendrickson.
Speaker 3: Trey Hendrickson led the league in sacks last season, has been one of the premier edge rushers in the NFL for a while now, frankly, maybe the best Bengals free agent acquisition of all time. And he wants a contract extensive with a salary commensurate with how good he has been. And you can't blame him for that. He was awesome last year. Defensive Player of the Year finalist, and so he's under contract for this coming season, but he wants a deal that takes him beyond twenty twenty five, and he wants to cash in on what he is doing now. He is obviously not wrong. The Bengals look at Trey Hendrickson and see a player who obviously has been awesome, but is going to be thirty one by the end of this coming season, and they're not necessarily interested in giving him top of market dollars when there's a good chance, at least in their estimation, that in twenty twenty six and in twenty twenty seven and maybe even beyond, he's not going to be capable of putting up the sort of numbers that he has put up as a twenty eight, twenty nine to thirty year old player. They are not wrong, I understand that, and so they've they've arrived at a loggerheads as we say. I gather this, and I talked with Kelsey Conway of the Cincinnati Enquirer yesterday and I said, well, you know, they could does tell Trey you have one year left on your contract. We expect you to honor that, we expect you to play, unless they think that he is going to respond to that by saying, I'm gonna miss games, I'm gonna sit out. And I asked her if she thought that was a possibility, and she said yes. And so I think the Bengals want to avoid that scenario, and so I think they're doing trade a solid here. They're looking at him and going, look, we're not going to give you the kind of contract extension you're looking for. They would love to extend him, they would love to have him be playing for the team, but not at the rate that he is looking for him. So what they have told him is, go see if you can find a team that's willing to give you a contract extension, and if you can, we'll see if we can work out a trade. Now, they have no obligation to trade him. Just because they have given him permission to go seek a trade doesn't mean they have to feel compelled to go ahead and pull the trigger. I think it's going to be interesting to see what the market would be for Trey Hendrickson because there are a lot of players in his position who are out there, and I think it's going to be interesting to see what the compensation for Trey Hendrickson would be in a trade that the Bengals would get back because I don't think it's going to be a first round pick. I have thought all along that this was the off season's most interesting dynamic. And you know, remember Trey a year ago asked for a contract extension, the Bengals didn't give it to him. He requested a trade. The Bengals did not Acquiesce. A year later, after a seventeen and a half sack season, it appears that they're.
Speaker 5: Going to Yeah, he kicked, but he may not have been happy with the Bengals, but he sure performed for him on the field last year. Sam Hubbard, you're not surprised that he made the announcement he's retiring, are you?
Speaker 3: No, not at all. I think you know that there were three possible outcomes as it relates to Sam. One was he was going to come back and play for the Bengals under a restructured contract and take a pay cut. Two was the Bengals were going to release him and he was going to go find another team to play for. And three, he was going to move on to his next phase of life. And that always seemed like maybe not the most likely outcome, but certainly a possible, a distinctly possible outcome, And you know, you wonder how much the Bengals allowed him to kind of control the narrative here. Maybe they told him, look, we don't have room for you. So you know, if you want to keep playing, you know we're gonna have to announce for cutting you. But if you think you don't want to play for any team but the Bengals, why don't you go ahead and announce your retirement. And so that's how it worked out. But you talked about, you know, the obvious angle is hometown kid plays for his hometown team, and that's obviously a significant one and a lot of folks are gonna remember and have talked about some of his most iconic plays. You could argue that the the fumble return for a touchdown ninety eight yards against the Ravens is the greatest play in Bengals history in the postseason a couple of years ago. But when I think of, say, I'm Hubbard, I think of him and Tyler Boyd and Joe Mixon and Jesse Bates and Kevin Huber, players who were here before, Zach Taylor, players who were obviously here before Joe Burrow and yet were a part of the turnaround and a big part of you know, Zach Taylor having the ability to build around some guys who were here before he got here, and Sam was the last holdover obviously the last remaining player from twenty eighteen, Marvin Lewis's last season. I hold that group of players in really really high regard because as much as the franchise of success in twenty one and twenty two is mainly driven by Joe Burrow, they don't accomplish what they accomplished without those group of guys being a part of the franchise's turnaround. And for Sam to be a part of that and be a part of it for the team in the city that he grew up in, I think is really really special.
Speaker 5: Give me a little nutshell of your trip to spring training though.
Speaker 3: I went to five all parks in four days and saw five games. Uh Arizona is awesome. If you know spring training in Florida, I had done many many times as well, and it's it's great, but you know, everything is kind of spread out in Florida. You know there are you know, there are there are teams that play in Florida that don't play other teams in the state because it's just hard to get you know, it's not hard, but it's it takes a lot of time to go from one area to the to the next.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 3: In the Phoenix Scottsdale area, everything is is cloistered together there pretty closely. And so if you want to go see a lot of ballparks, if you want to see two games in one day, provided ones being played at night, Arizona is a lot more conducive to that. And uh, it's it's a it's a lot of fun. It's a lot of fun. I go every single year and enjoyed this year's trip immensely.
Speaker 19: All right.
Speaker 5: Uh, what's the Red Spark their home park in Goodyear? Like I've never so, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's a nice physical plant, a good place to watch a game. I think the things that our drawbacks are number one. Good Year is the one area, and Surprise, which is where the Kansas City Royals train is another one. But it's a little bit more off the beaten path, so it takes a little time to get to Goodyear. Goodyear is an area that is developing, but relative to Scottsdale and Tempe and Glendale and Peoria. There's not nearly as much to do in Goodyear, and you know, you're you're still talking about specifically with the Reds, you know, a team that's thousands of miles away where I still think folks aren't necessarily conditioned to going to good Year, and so attendance at those games is a little bit little sparse compared to you know, the LA Dodgers, who obviously have a massive fan base, have been very successful and you know, are very close to Phoenix. Same for the Giants, same for the San Diego Padres and the Annaheim Angels. But as a place to go and watch a ball game, it's it's really really nice. And you could stand there in the infield look out to the outfield and see an airplane graveyard, which you don't get at the other part. So that's always pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Oh that is he I did not know that Mike Allen was hearing you talk. He just got back. Good Mike, you can turn on your microphone. Hey, he just got back from his spring training trip he takes with a fellow former cops down to Florida. And you were shaking your head, yes, when Wie was saying that a lot of Reds fans don't make the track, no question about it.
Speaker 16: No.
Speaker 1: I knocked that out to Goodyear and it's really nice. But in Sarasota where they played, I forget the name of the stadium. Before they moved the Goodyear Man, you were right on top of it. You were close to the field, You could walk around, you know, the complex and see things. I hated it when they moved, and I think a lot of other people did too. Well, you're you're just you're just old, Mike.
Speaker 5: Well, no admit that. So anyway, bo I wanted to ask you to since we were right on the precipice of the madness of March and you see, obviously not going to be part of the plan when it comes to the NCAA tournament. The Xavier Musketeers, however, have been listed by Joe Lonardi as the last team in to the sixty eighteen field. At this point. They're playing Providence this weekend. Uh, they need this win, but it looks like the Musketeers still have a shot.
Speaker 3: Your thoughts, Oh, I think, without question, they have a shot. They're not They're not safe. And I think if you're a Xavier fan that there are going to be a lot of conference tournaments happening around the country that you pay attention to, really hoping that the team that won the regular season wins. Look at the American Athletic Conference, you know, the Memphis Tigers are probably the only team in that league who's gonna make the Big Dance. You need them to win their conference tournament because Memphis is in. So if somebody else wins, that's gonna steal a bid from somebody. You don't want it to be Xavier. I think what's interesting about the Musketeers though, is if they do get in, I think they're a tough team to play. You know, first of all, Sean Miller is a great coach they have. If you go back to early in the season, there were two major issues. One was they turn the ball over a lot. They have mostly rectified that. Number two, they couldn't get defensive stops, and I think they have mostly rectified that as well. Zach Fremantle's playing very well. They have a high end scorer in Ryan Conwell with Guy and Dante Maddox who can make shots on the outside. But they're gonna they're gonna have to not fall in their face today obviously against Providence at home, and I don't expect them to and they're are probably not going to be able to afford a first round loss in the Big East tournament. But I think as much as anything, you know, you have to watch what happens around the country and see what other bubble teams you know, make a run. Ohio State and Indiana are kind of both in the same position that Xaviers in both those teams play each other today. But I give Sean Miller's team a lot of credit man, because early in the Big East season, when they lost their first two games in the conference, it didn't feel like it didn't feel like this this team was going to be playing for anything this time of year. They have surged toward the end of the season. They have taken care of business against the bottom run in the Big East. They got a big win last week against Creighton and followed it up on Wednesday night by doing something that quite frankly, the UC Bearcats didn't do, and that's beat a team that was right for a beating, and the Musketpiers did that against Butler in Indianapolis.
Speaker 5: Does it feel like Patients is wearing thin with west Miller at.
Speaker 19: U see without question.
Speaker 3: I you know, like John Cunningham, the athletic director, had the quote to Jason Williams in the Inquirer that Wes is going to be back next season and that's going to be year five. But you know, the booing has been loud and it's it's been heard often, and you know, the booing the other night was not unlike the booing after or in the waiting moments of the West Virginia game. I don't think fans were booing the results. I don't think fans were booing the fact that the Bearcats lost. I think fans were booing the lack of effort. And you know, Wes talked and was very upset and understandably so on Wednesday. Was his team's lack of fight in the game that they played, ostensibly at least with a chance to make the NCAA tournament. I expected a desperate, urgent effort and instead it was the exact opposite. And the telling quote for me was, you know, Wes said, well, we've played really hard for the last four weeks. That's the problem because there have been other times this year where the effort has been questioned. And at the end of the day, these are the head coaches, players whose effort is being questioned. It's four years without making the NCAA tournament. It's six years for the program not making the NCAA tournament, you know. And somebody said to me this week, well, Mo, they're not that far away, and I said, yes, you're right, They're not that far away from being an NCAA tournament team, But they are pretty far away from competing at the highest level of the Big twelve and from having a team that you feel like, on a year and a year out basis is a legitimate threat to get to the second weekend of the NCAA Tournament. And if you go back six years ago and Mick Cronin left, that's all anybody wanted to focus on. You got to get to the second weekend, got to get to the Sweet sixteen. His program feels like it's a ways away from that.
Speaker 5: Mo, we got a role. Thank you very much. Plan on seeing you next Saturday. Counselor how are you.
Speaker 6: I'm good.
Speaker 5: I'm good, I writ you real quick. Tell me about the show today. Well, we're going to talk. I know what we're going to talk about.
Speaker 1: The State of the Union address or the joint addressed to Congress, whatever the hell it was, Man, and a response to it, and in particular the Democrat responds to it just abysmal, deplorable.
Speaker 5: It couldn't be worse. But on the other hand, it couldn't be better for us. It was despicable, very tone deaf, and also some of the other little gimmicks and social media stunts that Democrats have pulled this it looks like they're trying to be Donald Trump. Them trying to be hip and be Donald Trump is never going to work. They're floundering because they're nothing like Donald Trump. They're having hooton nannies and putting together commercials of an idiot Democratic congresswomen jumping around, yeah fighting, Yeah right, whatever, Keep it up, That's all I say. Please keep it up, all.
Speaker 23: Right, Man.
Speaker 5: Saturday Midday Mike Allen coming up next after the show show at Huddles as we prepare for the big anniversary celebration next weekend.
Speaker 8: Is bed bullying from stuff they don't want you to know, folks.
Speaker 3: We bet