Speaker 1: Hul Kingston Rovers are well and truly back. Huddersfield won after their coach got the sack. Leeds ended Warrington's unbeaten run amidst all the Super League thirtieth birthday fun well left c came fast out of the gates. Lee and John are here with all the updates. Welcome to the fifteenth episode of Super League three sixty, a podcast primarily about the top tier of British rugby league. My name is Lee Addison, my name is John Davidson, and I have to laugh now, I have to laugh. He's been laughing at me all Australian summer when I've been bleary eyed and drinking my coffee or mat tea and I've been complaining and now the boot is on the other foot and that's why we're out a little bit later. Blame Greenwich meantime.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, very true, really true.
Speaker 1: I'm also the host of the Rugby League Coach podcast if you're interested in that. Also, I'm a feature on the Loose Carry podcast from Zero Tackle. I'm a coach in Australia. John a journalist in the UK. This podcast is on the Ashes Rugby League. Rugby League Coach Podcast platforms as well as the Rugby League Coach YouTube too, so if you subscribe to those you won't miss a thing. Please switch over to Super League three sixty audio listeners and subscribe to the Rugby League Coach YouTube channel, and also thank you to Rugby League dot Com. That's Rugby League dot com, not to be confused with Rugby League Coach dot com, who are also carrying this every Friday. I think after the Whoter this week will be after the Good Friday fixtures, three fixtures that we can talk about John on the at the end of Good Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bumper Friday and the whole derby at midday Wigan and Wigan I should say, that's says on the original Derby or three o'clock and then Bradford Leeds for I think it's something like the first time in twelve years. I think they're expecting a crowd of around fifteen thousand odds and so I'm sure that'll be a cracker as well.
Speaker 1: Talking of the first time in X amount of years, how many times have Wigan played Saint Helen's on Good Friday after being battered the week before in Saint Helen's case and beaten in a shock circumstance in Wiggans case.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think there's probably been. Oh I saw a Wiggan fan tweets after the said Helens came about, Oh you know, Saint Helens will get a center places sent off and come back and beat us by two tries or something. So I has invested that that that's happened on occasion, but probably not to Helen's been what put fifty on end Wigan getting beaten by the bottom team and the companyhouse for.
Speaker 1: That, that was unbelievable. I mean, just to put that into some kind of context. John, because it was the middle of my name, because I'm in Brisbane, I checked the score if I wake up in the middle of the night, and I just assumed, because it didn't look properly that we're going Tod won by that score line and just close the phone, went back to sleep. And then also because you're a sado and you're checking scores and them and what not. Yeah, some of us have got to be diligent, John, Some of us have got to be diligent. Please speculate about what John checks in the middle of the night on his phone, please. I think all all correspondents pertaining to that should go to admin at Rugby League Coach dot com to say you are at Rugby League Coach on socials, Johnny, remind everybody of your contact details not to send you speculation about what you do in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: You can get me on X or Twitter, Johnny d Davidson. You can get me on Facebook. John Davidson, journalist.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to go quickly through the ladder, John, because we've not done that yet. Tom This's podcast. We're going to top still on ten points. Warrington are in second place, so we've had six rounds, but Warrington have only played five games and Warrington are two points behind Wigan now after dying Wiggans loss Lee Rhinos in third after their great win against Warrington yesterday. Their points difference isn't too far off either. Wiggans actually wakefielder in fourth. They've sort of crept up there. They've ended up in third at one point this weekend. They're on eight points. Saint Helen's fifth on eight points. Bradford are still on sixth despite their defeats to Castleford Tigers. I assume we've got that one right, John Well left c resurgent Are on six points two but in seventh due to a worse points differential. Catalan Dragons. They've not had a bad season so far Cattalan Dragons overall, but they find themselves in eighth again by virtue of points different because they're on six points. O k Are have managed to who climb up to ninth and they've now got four points after their emphatic win at the weekend to lose her in tenth with four points, York eleventh with four points, Lee Leppards who would want to be a lot higher there in twelfth on four points, Castleford Tigers on four points and Huddersfield Giants got their first two points of the season against Wigan, but they're still on the bottom. The big news this week, John, I think is Willie Peters. Isn't it leaving Hulkingston Rovers for Baban New Guinea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there's been there's been quite a bit of news this week, but I think that's the one. Look it's been talking about in this train meeting for a couple of weeks. I think they've all said he was the favorite arm for the PG job, and then it was affirming it is.
Speaker 2: It is massive news.
Speaker 3: Look, I think he's always been I think he was contracted to the end of next year at Whole Car, but he's always said, you wanted to go back to the mL at some point he's done. I think four years, OK, are fantastic, you know, contribution to the club, changed the club. Twenty twenty five was amazing, beating the Broncos World Club Channel for awful trophies. It's just, you know, I think the time is probably perfect for him. It's great upportunity and pagel As we talked about to build a roster, build a club from scratch and you know, get the Istraian tax payer to pay for it three hundred million pounds or six hundred million dollars Australian.
Speaker 1: A tough job for him, very tough job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, it's the Whole Car. It's it's sad news. But they knew he was going to go back at some time, like he was never going to do a you know, a Tony Smith or a Phil Avivas, and that he was going to be there for thirty years. So yeah, it'd be really fascinating who who they look to replace him with because I only had two new assistants come in a couple of months ago, really, and I wouldn't say there's like a dearth of local coaches out there who you would say are ready to take a top Super League job.
Speaker 1: As the journalist on the panel, who are you saying is in line to replace him?
Speaker 2: There's not really been any firm candidates coming out as yet.
Speaker 3: Look, I think Ian Watson, he's one of the assistants who obviously has a lot of experience, did a fantastic job at Salford, got them to a Grand Final, got him to a Challenge Cup Final, went to Hardest Field, started off really well Hardestfield, got them to third on the table and Challenge Cup Final, and then it all went wrong a Huddersfield and I got sacked. I think he's a really good coach personally, really good guy, a really good coach. His style maybe you know, he's a bit more sort of you know, focused on defense and you know, not the most player. Maybe that wouldn't go down with Hooker, but I think he would be a candidate In terms of other coaches. Look, i think I've got an assistant coach in the RL, Willie Peters, and I think that could be an opportunity. You know, there's a couple of hungry assistance, isn't there in the NRL who are looking for jobs. You know, whether it be Ben hornby Den Young, you know, Matt Ballen. There's quite a few, isn't there. But obviously that that kind of links to the mainly job as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it depends where the cards fall, doesn't he Well, I've.
Speaker 3: Heard let me just say one last thing. I've heard one wild comment out there about Adrian Lamb. Maybe, obviously I think Adrian Lamb was a candidate candidate for the P and G job, and I think he would have been a very smart choice. But you know, he's done a great job at Lee and maybe he's looking for a new challenge. So yeah, it's a very intriguing prospect for wholeky artist sort out in the next couple of months.
Speaker 1: Quite an open field, I suppose. Look, I've got my short list in terms of people I think will be in the frame top of the list by virtue of the fact he's got a very good agent who gets his clients things. And this is one of the reasons I think he's not popular as an agent. I think Anthony Sebald will be after this job in a big way. I bet the call has already happened, yeah, I bet.
Speaker 3: Look, his name has been mentioned on online as in by fans, but yeah, I mean it personally as a mainly fan.
Speaker 2: As most people know.
Speaker 3: If you look at his coaching career sacked at Brisbane, sacked at Mainly. Look, he did do well at the house in a brief time, but I don't think throughout his whole coaching career, and I think that includes when he was in charge of the Melbourne Stone managers.
Speaker 1: I don't think he never won a Grand Final or a premiership. That's right, you don't, you don't. You don't need to sell that to me. However, he has got a manager who was very good in Isaac Moses was very good at getting his clients things. And one thing Anthony se Ball will do if he gets an audience, he will put on some kind of show and he's very good. He will be very good at convincing the whole k Are board that he's the man and he played.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but personally, in my opinion, I don't think that.
Speaker 1: Would be the right choice for the other one is Steve McNamara is a head coach and he happens to be an assistant at the moment, and he will he will want to be a head coach again. Now what I don't know about Steve McNamara, even though he did play for whole FT. I don't know if originally he's a kr boy or a whole FC.
Speaker 2: I can tell you that. I can tell you the.
Speaker 3: St McNamara is a where his dad played for HALFC. He played for C and his son has played for now. The interesting thing just with Steve McNamara. And look, this is speculation, but I'm hearing noises about John Cartwright's future. Nothing concrete but and I need to check, but he might be off contract next year at the end of the year. I'm not sure whether he's contract for next year or not. But I'm here some noises And you know about Steve McNamara being an ideal potential hive CE coach because of his links to the city. I think his family still lives in the city and he's a great coach. And the other one is obviously, And I'm sure we'll talk about this in a bit about Brot Arthur's future.
Speaker 2: So whether good shift to heaving me.
Speaker 3: So look, I think it's it seems to happen maybe once a year in the world of rugby leagu because we've really got two competitions, haven't we.
Speaker 2: That things move and then there's like, yeah, and we had it, you know, we had it last year with.
Speaker 3: Well We had a few times last year, but we had last year with Paul Wellens.
Speaker 1: And that's another name, that's another name on my list.
Speaker 3: Well, the interesting with Paul Wellens is he was going to go the whole car as assistant coach. He was going and then the North Queensland opportunity came up and he decided to go down and so yeah, it's really interesting how this all says. And I think you were saying last week, weren't you. You know, you've got to strike while the iron's hot. And first the first card has landed in Willie Peters and PNG and we will see.
Speaker 1: You as soon as he signed. As soon as he signed the contract, they'll beat Saint Helen's buy a million. Now I've got one more name for you, John Morris. He's someone who's fallen out with the limelight and also apparently he's had a couple of fallouts a couple of clubs but he's somebody who has a good reputation as a coach.
Speaker 3: Is he is he a staff at Crannello? The man I can't remember he was. Yeah, yeah, Look I think look I remember him as a player. He was a great player, like for underrated, you know, like just hard work, rates, skillful, small And I have read that that he's got, you know, and I think he had he was caretaker West.
Speaker 2: Wasn't he for a bid?
Speaker 3: And I think Gala and I think he's got a really good reputation. So he's one of those up and coming and our old assistant coaches who Yeah, it could be a really smart choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that suggestion.
Speaker 1: Gavin Quinn asketors on X. Who will Willie Peters wanna bring with him from the super league coaches and players?
Speaker 3: I'll throw one, Yeah, I mean, I mean, I think I think Gavin or someone else mentioned will take. He'll take Michael Lewis and Jes Letting. Look, I don't think look that's possible about Minchella. Yeah, I mean I think with Michael Lewis, he's had the opportunity to go to the NROL last year, signed a long term deal and he's a very like he's got a young son who's I think one or so, and he's a very whole lad. I don't know how he would go, and yeah, you can take that in many different ways. I don't know how he would go on the other side. And like, I think, if you're young and going to P ANDNG, it's going to be very different if you're going to Sydney or Brisbane or or wherever. Yeah, so I think I was chatting about this to someone. I think it was Brian Carney the other day. You know, if you're you're doing the recruitment for P and G, you're going to target I think, at least initially, you're going to target older players who are married, probably with want young children, because you need that experience and you're not Look, if you're on a resort half the time and you can't really go out, you're not going to.
Speaker 2: Be looking for nightclubs and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you want to build a family, and yeah, there's certain sort of like personalities. I think you're a targeting I don't think Michael Wilis is one Eli Minchell. I mean, I don't think Willie would want to screw over a whole KR personally. He's a very decent guy, but he's.
Speaker 1: Also got he's also got to survive where he is and where he's going. Sorry, and there is a massive misconception in this country Australia. I'm talking about that there's not enough talent to go around. That's absolutely boulder dash. But that's another story and that's why we've seen so many English players over in the NRL now and with extra teams coming in, there's going to be even more pull on the English resources.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think that'll look.
Speaker 3: There's also a risk to bring players who haven't played NROL, so I think they'll look first off for years, Amy Coats, you're Locke and Lambs. Your players who either have PNG heritage or were born in PNG, but who are experienced in the NRL. I think that be their first like the Dolphins did. If you remember the Dolphins, they signed basically Melbourne's forward pack. Didn't they be aging But they find the Bromwich brothers, Cafusi and I signed that ball front roll from Sias that you know you need some experienced gnard heads and I think that's you know, that'll be part of the way they go.
Speaker 2: So I don't think there's any guarantee that he's going to got the whole KR.
Speaker 1: And take it to Portmosby your tweet of the week, have got to The committee was split on this. The committee is only me. So so this is a Johnny D. Davidson on x DO like this Warrington ac Milan kit. So that's the first one I pulled out. Now, good explanation of the kids. A lovely kid. However, I do feel they missed a trick in that thirtieth anniversary game. They should have commissioned leads in a jersey like the nineteen ninety six to one with the start and Warrington should have played in the green and white deck chair. That's what I would have done yesterday, and then they should have auctioned them off and raised money for whoever they want to raise money for.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, I think that Listen Helen's kid on Florida and I was great, but the way they played they should probably never Yeah. I looked like I looked like Sheffield Wednesday, and they played like Sheffield Wednesday, which for anyone who's bloody.
Speaker 1: Terrible, Yeah, it's not good. And that does literally look like a deck chair that jersey. You then did a tweet where you named your Super League one to thirteen as Jamie Lyon, Jamie Lyon, Jamie and Jamie. I know, I didn't say it wasn't a joke, but then you came up with one and John. Your You're thirteen was Sam Tompkins, Ryan Hall, Jamie Lyon, Keith SR, Tommy Makinson, Danny McGuire, Rob Burrow, Jamie Peacock, James Roby, Adrian Mawley, Liam Farrell, Andy Farrell and Kevin Sinfield. Now I want to argue with you, so Sam Tomkins excellent. I want to throw Paul Wellens in there as an option. And when I was at Wigan, I just felt Paul Wellens was just that little bit better than Chris radlan Ski, particularly defensively and whatnot. So Paul Paul Wellens is a is a name in there. In terms of Ryan Hall and Tommy Makinson. I would throw in the names Leslie Vnicolo. And you did admit that you'd only been watching Super League for so long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just proface before you go through the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I didn't pro face my attament the fact that I moved to the UK in twenty third and then started watching Super lank covering it, so mine's basically based on the last thirty years. There wasn't really a lot of coverage of Super League before that, or very very very rare, So you know, I know there was great as before, but I didn't see a lot of them. And Vanacola I remember a camera and he was great camera. But I know he went to Bradford and was unbelievable for Bradford. So yeah, that's and I put my hand up and say it's weighted towards the players that I've seen and or no more of you did say that Jason Robinson is worth a shout on the other wing too, Martin Martin Gleeson with Jason.
Speaker 2: Robinson, would you not say, I know what four years?
Speaker 3: I think he went to rugby in two thousands, so many played four years of Super League.
Speaker 1: But he got in the Super League Dream Team five times.
Speaker 2: He was a freak.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's one of the best winners all time in rugby league history. I would saying in that absolutely. Danny McGuire at six. I've resisted this call basically, but so many people have told me Bevan French is one of the best players ever in super League, So would he not be married? I would say, look, I think Marion French has been and I would say Danny McGuire because he won was it eight Grand Finals and scored fifty eight thousand tries?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say for your longevity. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've also listed Henry Paul who was excellent for Bradford and the Bulls were real big and Leon Price. Leon Price was excellent standoff. Definitely instead of Rob Burrow, I would have thought sean long great player in the props. I'm throwing two other names in there, Stuart Field and James Graham.
Speaker 2: James Graham massive part of his career in the.
Speaker 1: NRL, so yeah, still a very good Super League prop though it was Yeah, some of them, some of the players, I mean Leslie Vano spent a fair bit of his time in the NRL. So you know it's it's Adrian Morley. You've got Adrian Morley in there. He played a lot of time at Sydney Rouge the Hookers. Again, James Roby, I've had a bit to do with him, great player. Buthm and Terry Newton. There was an era in the early two thousands where again you could probably hold a piece of paper between Kieran Cunningham and Terry Newton. It's just that Kieran Cunningham won the won the trophies with the team. And the good thing about Kieran Cunningham and Terry Newton were there both. They were both big bodies as well, so they were very good defensively and people didn't particularly want to run at Terry Newton, that's for sure, so they could be all sorts going into that tackle, not just the shoulder. Second rowers. I don't think Liam Farrell is in the same league as Sayer Gareth Ellis. I think Gareth Ellis was excellent. Chris joint Of also mentioned in there as well. He looked awkward Chris joined and he looked like he was so sad when he was playing. He had he's head down quite a lot. But he was a fantastic second rower. And then of course we've got the discussion of where we put Andrew Farrell Paul Schulthorpe. Yes, so so Paul Thorpe, you went Kevin Simfield at Lock that loose forward and I think with Farrell and Paul Schulthorpe they're both off off of things at Lock and they both loose forward, and they both offer things that can be used in the second role, So I would probably interchange them during the game.
Speaker 3: I think, I think never, you can never. With those kind of teams, you can never. You're always leaving good players out. And I think if you have an a bench, you definitely have players in seventeen, players like Skulthorpe, Sinfield. You know these guys Price who can play center five eighths an if you're not playing front road ay for a bit, like they just freaks, you know, So you have you have, Yeah, there's there's just so many good players that yeah, you never you never.
Speaker 1: Know when ever getting to agree on a perfect thing. So that's why the discussion, that's why the discussion is so good. The Rugby League tweet of the week and also Lee's laugh, was from Matt Kennell, who said, not seeing Warrington's right wing, this toothle wasn't exposed on primetime TV since that time. Farage got milkshake outside Woolies in town Johnny's jab this week, you want to talk about Martin Vickers. Something's happened there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's a very interesting I heard a rumor a while back So for people who don't know Martin Vickers, I was to see at Featherstone for several years. To be I guess careful how I framed this, but look, I think if you don't know Martin vickers history in British rugby league, you can google him. He worked at Salford. He used to see Salford and mar and cu Cash. He worked at Swinton. Briefly he was the I think it was some sort of business manager or you know. He had a senior role at Toronto wolf Pack. We see Featherston and now has joined the commercial department at Bradford.
Speaker 2: Now it's Alford.
Speaker 3: There's allegations about money not being paid to players and suppliers and they reached the salary cap in that time Toronto, same thing, money not being paid. Toronto eventually went bust with millions zero to players and suppliers and coaches, et cetera. Featherston as we went into administration and then in December again I did a series of stories in early twenty twenty four about you know, players taking the club to court over money, you know one employment trivials, et cetera.
Speaker 2: So there is a pattern there.
Speaker 3: I'm not implying anything you can, you know, go to Google and yeah, just my my point is why do these clubs employ these sorts of people with these kind of cvs?
Speaker 2: Like how stupid ronic do you have to be?
Speaker 3: And I've had that many people after I published that story yesterday messaged me and I'm talking like legends of their sport, you know, CEOs eccess, Like what are they?
Speaker 2: What are Bradford doing?
Speaker 3: And it is weird because Bradford give a lot Bradford a lot of credit. They've done a lot to get back in the Super League. They're doing their best to fix onsore. They're doing really well on the field. I think Kurt Haggy it's a brilliant coach. They deserve you know, the crowds have been great, deserve a lot of credit, but just why hire him? Like yeah, it's just it's just a bad look. And I think a lot of fans, particularly Featherston fans, Alford fans, Toronto fans have been incensed as well.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's a really it's a really weird one.
Speaker 3: You're the Englishmen, and you know you lived and breathed and worked in English rugby league for a long time.
Speaker 2: Can you explain it. How these people keep getting recycled.
Speaker 3: And it's not just Martin because there's it happens with a lot of people, and in the British rugby league.
Speaker 1: It happens. In Australia.
Speaker 2: It seems to happen a lot more because it's a lot smaller in I.
Speaker 1: Think, why does it happen? I think there's something about rugby league. I always think. I always describe rugby league people as like a scarecrow. They're there to scare anybody else away. And how dare you come into the our patch that is ours and you scratch my back and I scratch yours yep, And I think that probably answers the question anyway. Talking about bursting bursting through glass ceilings, Johnny, you've been nominated for an award with a load of rugby union writers.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I've been shortlisted for Rugby Journalists of the Year at the British Sports Journalism Awards. It was very nice of the Ie paper to nominate me for the work I did for them last year. And yeah, surprised to be shortlisted with five other well five of rugby.
Speaker 2: Joe. I don't think rugby league.
Speaker 3: I had a few people contact me and said they can't remember when rugby leagues have been nominated in this for journalism, So yeah, it's it's a massive honor. And yeah, looking forward to I don't think hell shits of winning, but I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 1: Well done, well done. It'd be a nice pistol some night somewhere fancy. So the London Palladium play down with the Capital the biggest when when you go up on stage to get your award, don't don't call anybody a name you shouldn't, right, or don't.
Speaker 2: Said that you need to get some new lines.
Speaker 1: But yeah, all right, let's go through some news items if you like, or discussion items before we go through last week results. Question the giant are unleash?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Is Liam Finn or Andy Kelly the interim head coach?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's a bizarre one because I mean they named Andy Kelly, who's the director run. He did the midweek press conference, but then at the game it was Liam Finn in the box corner shots and then he did the.
Speaker 1: Post match And I've also seen it written on TV interim assistant coach and I've also seen interim coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you currently be an interim you wouldn't be an interim assistant coach. He is an assistant coach. Yeah, the bizarre one. And I had to chuckle because I don't know what had a feel for pain. But it would have been massive odds to win that game. My piece on the Giants crisis was online on Thursday, but then renting Saturday's paper on the ice.
Speaker 2: Of course they win the first character that day.
Speaker 1: But do you remember last week a podcast we work off We've got their training run agates orders Field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's the beauty of that's the beauty of spoilers that look at But I think when you look at it, and I didn't. I've seen the highlights of the game. I didn't watch it live. But Haddersfield had nigh levels back. They had Adam klehmanback, that had wolf about. I had a whole spine back and talking to people someone yesterday who was at the game, Wigan were very poor and Haddersfield everything went their way like they were good.
Speaker 2: Look your sock a coach.
Speaker 3: You know, in across all sportsly sometimes you get a response the next week that kind of puts and also Hardersfield were going to win a game at some point, like I joked, because I've seen them a fair bit earlier season, like they were so bad, you can't say, but even the worst teams win a game.
Speaker 1: Well not at the top of the table. Well look at their ground. It just doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: Look, I think we can you know, they're definitely without the two best player in the competition in French and Field like they are.
Speaker 1: I've come back to the part of it, John, They've come back to the Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I hadn't lost a game, so they were they were going to drop a game at some point. But full credit to Huddersfield, I think, you know, if you're Luke Robinson, you're like, wtf, you know, because the big thing is they had a number of their injured players, but they had their spine back. So yeah, that was a that was a remarkable result, you know, and I think we're going to be Maydie Pete I think.
Speaker 2: Was very gracious.
Speaker 3: He just feel were much much better than I deserved the wind and yeah, that's all there is to it.
Speaker 1: Super League celebrated thirty years. Tell us what happened. I've not seen I've not seen the celebrations. Basically, I've seen clips on socials, but yeah, there wasn't a procession.
Speaker 2: Down you know.
Speaker 1: The Hemmings came back.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you look.
Speaker 3: I think I've not watched the coverage back because I was out having yesterday. But there was sixteen thousand people there. I think Sky has done a great job throughout the week. You know, the shirts, I think they were it was great at casts the Yeah, the retro shirts. So obviously a lot of teams were playing in six.
Speaker 1: Kiit or yeah, Bo Warrington and Leeds didn't.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know the reasons exactly for that, but look, there was sixteen thousand headly.
Speaker 2: It was absolutely terrible.
Speaker 3: There was the wind was howling and it was about one degrees with the windshill fact and a pissed down rain which played havoc for particularly the kickers. But sixteen thousand people. It was a great atmosphere, great event. Sixteen minutes. The eighty minutes was was bonkers and really really entertaining, and yeah it was I thought it was a good day. It was a good celebration for thirty years of the sport. Pretty good round I think in terms of results. As we mentioned, you know, big upset again Huddersfield.
Speaker 1: That be one of the biggest upsets in the thirty years.
Speaker 2: Probably up there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, I think when one of their four in their four pat London beats in Helen's and I think to lose beats in Helens might have been twenty two or twenty three when you know when they were you know, by far the most dominant team. But yeah, it was a great upset. You know, Cast bouncing back on Friday night at Thursday night sorry whole kr back to their best to lose league old point, you know, league getting back and win. I think that was pretty entertaining. And then holl of Ce, you know, another win. So look, I think it's been a great round of action and results and yeah, thirty years of Super League, I mean it's been i'd say boom and bust. A bit of a roller coaster, but lots of great moments from you know, Magic Weekend and you know Paris and Barcelona, Las Vegas, Helicopters, Harvestfield Club call, lots of things, isn't it. I mean, you can, as I said, I've I've sort of been more focused on Super League for the last thirteen years, but you could probably fill in the seventeen before that, when.
Speaker 1: You're definitely go some way to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Wakefield club had some big news Roger Toovarta Schek, Yeah, signing them Yeah next year.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've not watched.
Speaker 3: Trying to think. I'm not seen much of the Warriors this year, so I don't know exactly how Roger's been playing. But I'll preface this by saying Roger's been one of my favorite players to watch in his career started like a house on fire at the Roosters, went over to the Warriors, and I think Dalian Player of the Year twenty eighteen and then Golden Boot winner twenty nineteen. Just a sensational player, one of the best, was one of the best players in the world. Went to rugby union. I thought he would kill it in rugby union. I know he played in the center. I think it was inside center, and I thought probably more of a wingful wap. But I didn't really see him play rugby union. But look, he made a couple of caps in the All Blacks and that's the main three. But look, come back to the rugby league. It's still a very good player. I don't know how much is left in the tank. He's thirty three in June. Yeah, so what he'll be thirty five by the end of his Wakefield deal. I think I think he would have got another year at most of our rold clubs. Whether they would would have given him two years, which is obviously Wakefield have done, I don't know. So look, I think we can judge the signing, you know, once he's playing for Wakefield and how much we've got left. But look as a name, as a profile, he's a fantastic sign for Wakefield.
Speaker 2: I think you noticed league like Wakefield.
Speaker 3: Well, apart from maybe Wally Lewis and Ray Price in the eighties, they're not signed you know, massive names. They plan it's been the best plan the world. It's been Wigan or Leeds or Saint Helen's have done that. So it's huge. It's a huge signing for Wakefield and you know, kind of put some on the map and they're a club on the app. They've changed a lot last to be.
Speaker 1: So, so, as we already mentioned at the top of the show, there's a bit of coaching merry go round going on or potentially going on, and there's now a there's now a vacancy at Sulford r C. And there's also a vacancy at Manly.
Speaker 2: So the.
Speaker 3: Link there is you're from Sulfur and a self affair and you worked at Mainly, So what are you doing at these clubs?
Speaker 2: Makee you're poison the the straight bat that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had to let it through to the keeper. Matt Alan will be the Manly coach.
Speaker 3: So Brad Arthur is not going to get that job in my opinion, because yeah, can I can I just can I just read out? So obviously I was there headingly yesterday postmatch press conference. Brad Arthur is in there talking about the police when blah blah blah blah. You know, not that many questions, you know, no one else has pasked, so it's about then, so I jump in on us and look to be honest. Brad Arthur has always I mean, he applied for the Perth job while he was Leeds coach.
Speaker 2: He didn't get it.
Speaker 3: I think he was in the running for the P and G job, and he's always said, you know, he's contract to the end of this year. He's always said he wants to go back to Australia. So he's not only been reporting this trade meder as a care for the manly job. Since Seabold was sacked on Friday. He's also a former mainly assistant coach. Yeah, so it's theoretical that he would be interested in that job.
Speaker 2: So I asked him.
Speaker 3: He interestedly said, uh, there's about a minute response. He said, I read it out to here. This is the quote I reckon. I've been pretty honest and fair all the way through. I don't think it's fair in the club. That would be leads if we keep having these conversations, like I'm committed to the club, what will be will be. I've got until June thirty, June twenty nine. I'll tell everybody what I'm doing. I'm not trying to drag it out, but it's hard for me being away from Australia. But i feel like I've come here and on everything that I said I was going to do, and I'm trying to make the club a better club, and the players are buying in and what happens back in Australia, I've got no control over. People can say I'm in for doing this or doing that, but I'm committed to this team right now and I've got until June thirty to make a decision about whether I stay or not. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm trying to be appreciative of where I'm at. But I don't think it's fair. I don't need to continue to justify my position for the club.
Speaker 1: I think that's what good words. And he's one of those goages that's been really respectful to the club that's out in those words too. He's definitely going to be a candidate for the Manlely job.
Speaker 3: However, reading between the lines, he's interested in the mainly job.
Speaker 1: The problem at Manley John is all the signs are pointing that it's going to be old boy time again. And by old boy, I don't been a coach that worked as an assistant for a year time, and I just think there's so many things pointing at that. Jason King was also X teammate of Matt Balin, and he's a big fan of Matt Balin. Apparently on the Channel nine Footy show yesterday that was the name, that was the name, and Jason King was on the panel. So I think that's the direction they're going to go in. So I am predicting Brad Arthur will end up without that job.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if anybody thought the Cowboys would beat Melbourne, but that the Cowboys job is obviously a job that will be hovering around in the background. And the Saint George I lall wore a job as well because they are rock bottom of the ladder after losing yesterday to the Gold Coast Titans in the first Spoon Bowl of the year. Now, why all these coaches are looking at the n r L when the Salford job is available, I don't know. Mike Mike Grady left the club last week. Somebody who has more lives than any cat I ever encountered his Nigel would he's back. He's back as chairman of the Rugby Football League and he was voted in. But there was some opposition. John tell us about that.
Speaker 3: Yes, I saw Nigel yesterday on the way and he said hello, I said, allow back. Uh No, I don't think he's the biggest fair of me in my work. But that's we can talk about that other time. But yeah, it's no surprise that Niger was voted in. I think was interesting that there was some opposition and if you look at it, essentially four of the twelve eligible club Super League clubs who could vote for him didn't vote for him. Now Callens and Toulouse don't have a vote because they're French clubs and they're not members of the RFL. But Wigan voted against him, half C voted against him, York voted against him, and Castleford abstained.
Speaker 2: Now you could say the other interesting point is.
Speaker 3: They're all owned or have new owners, so they're not owners who've been in the game for ten twenty thirty years. So Mike Dancon only took over at Wigan two on a bit years ago, Andrew Thirkle took over OLFC last year, Clint Goodchild it's been at York for three or four years, and Martin Jemsen took over a cast what was it two years ago, so it's interesting there is a bit of opposition to him, and then Witness and Newcastle Thunder also voted against him in the Championship, So yeah, it is interesting. You can judge social media or online reaction but and it doesn't necessarily mean thank he's a bad administrator or anything. But the I would say like ninety nine percent of the reaction to Niger would being voted in by rugularge fans is horrendously negative. Now make of that what you will be, But you could use that as an indicator when it is so vastly on the one.
Speaker 2: Side, Why is that the case.
Speaker 1: Yair crawl in the field.
Speaker 3: Well, look, niger Would's been working in rugby league, running clubs, running the RFL since the mid nineties.
Speaker 1: We did after the hooter, Caasford getting their win over Bradford on Thursday and what was a very entertaining game. And then on Friday k I'll scored fifty two against Saint Helen's who only scored ten tries, three from Burgess, three from Lewis, Litton, Batch and Whitbred. Eight goals from Lewis. St Helen's ten points came from a dagonal try, a right try and a Hastings goal. Nine tries o KR scored and they run riot in the first half. It was thirty nil at halftime.
Speaker 3: The game was over at half time. I mean this was whole car back to the best. The Lion speed was really really good. Sot Alan's missing a few bodies, but they were just quite soft. I think the Delayey knocked the ball on from the kickoff or sorry whoever caught the ball from the golf past him and he knocked it on and it didn't get any better since then. So it was interesting obviously that Willie Peters news. It was only confirmed by a club on Sunday morning, but everyone knew Thursday that he was going, and you wonder sort of what reaction, but it might galvanize ol care is that that we want to send Willie out with another trophy or two trophies. But yeah, it was It was a morning. It was an absolute annihilation and that was the whole hour of where twenty five. So Saint Helen's yeah, a fair wake up call. They were well well off the place.
Speaker 1: Not for the first time on this podcast, on my YouTube or whatever, I am going to mention poor Rowley. Poor Rowley's teams and defense, particularly edge defense this week. They just look so confused. AnyWho. York fourteen Wakefield twenty six. York scored tries through Wood, Jones, Bishop and Williams, and Williams kicked a goal. Wakefield twenty six came from hamling U La perhaps scored to Johnston scored two and goals were two from Jowett and one from Simfield. That's the third win on the bounce for Wakefield and they've clawed the way back up to fourth. A few weeks ago we were a little bit worried about them, but we always felt that they had plenty of the tank and they were going to get better. So that's that stood up to scrutiny there. What was that game?
Speaker 3: Like John Well, I was watching how Okay our game, so I've only seen the highlights. This is the joy when the games are all at the same time. But from what the highlights I've seen and what I've read about a game, you know, I think Wakefield started strong, York came back into it, and then Wakefield sort of moved ahead.
Speaker 2: But it was a close game. A lot of injuries for York book.
Speaker 3: I think they didn't have well two of their half backs were out, so Paul McShane had to play in the halves the hookups, which is never a good thing. And I think RI York's death depth is really being tested now. Add a few more injuries from that game, Sam would matter half of their fullback who's been brilliant for them. So I think everyone was saying after what round two, rounds three or round one, Round two, rounds three. Are these new promoted teams are doing great? You know, it's been a success. We will judge it actually the end of the season. And I think now is that the third game York have lost in a row, or at least at least two. And I think, you know, they've not gone a lot of depth because they do not spend a lot of money of the cap, because they don't have the money. And I think they're really going to I think they've overachieved because Mark Applegarth is a great coach and the players have been playing above themselves. But I think they're going to struggle to lose another loss for them and Bradford and lost for them, and Bradford were very poor on Thursday night, So yeah, I think New York keep fighting. But then they got Huddersfield this weekend and if those players are out for extended period of time and they're missing the half backs and their spine and the fullback putting your money on how to spiel At the moment.
Speaker 1: Lee ended a four match losing streak, although they did give up a twenty mierl lead and they were taken into Golden Point, but they beat to lose one of those promoted sides in Golden Point. Did you see this game, John, I watched. I watched the highlights. Are up twenty nil Lee.
Speaker 3: In the first I think thirty odd Lock and Lander really pulling the strings and they were looking really good and then to lose come back into it actual bought quite influential a dumb sing bin from from Lee as well, and yeah, went down to the Golden Point to Louise will probably be kicking themselves that they didn't get the win here even though they were, you know, twenty all behind, and you would think, you know, Lee get that score up. You've just got to close the game out, don't you. But Gareth ob the legend of Salford and other clubs.
Speaker 2: He loves.
Speaker 3: He loves a drop goal winner, doesn't he. Right, that's right Salford that time he's one. I think he did it the casts as well. He's won quite a few games in Golden Point. But I was watching it. They just they went for it early in the set and there was like no pressure kick pressure like to Louse did not see it coming. Yeah, so that I mean he may have still kicked it even we kick prushure. But look, that's great win for Lee that they've lost a few and they've had a lot of injuries, but to loose, yeah, I think it's just going to get tougher and tougher for them. Still on two wins, two wins Olympic ye try two out of six, it's two.
Speaker 2: Out of six and I think is it next weekend?
Speaker 3: I think they've got catalans in the French Derby, so that'll be there'll be tears, there'll be emotions that the far in French, they'll be pumped.
Speaker 1: The tries for Lee were Charley with a double senior and Horned Cook kicked two goals from the kicking Tea and O'Brien, like you said, got the field goal drop goal to lose. Their twenty came from Tropis Laguerre scored two tries and Shoreroops kicked four goals. Wigan sixteen with tries from Ecasley, farrym and Farrell and two goals from Smith lost to Huddersfield thirty four tries from Gaguy, Zennon, Evels, Douglas, Wrench and Clune and five goals from Zennon. What does field squad fake six tries and they've only managed day in their previous five.
Speaker 2: What happened.
Speaker 3: Look, we've already talked a little bit of this game, but that's what happens when you have your first show spine.
Speaker 2: I think Nile Levels was was great.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, set up a try, a lovely trailer on scored a try, Adam Klune halfback directings, exactly who you want, Zach Wolford, hooker, big impact, the thing that I really like, and you know, quite a wrench on Devoot was very good and Douglas the winger from Saint Alan's alone was it was outstanding. But the the try set up but I'm not sure if you've seen it leave, but Tom Burgess cut it past to the winger. I mean, how often in Tom Burgess's career, and he's had a great career you see a prop forward he's like one hundred and twenty cages, he throw a cutout.
Speaker 2: To score.
Speaker 3: So they've been unleashed. They've been unleashed, I have been Look look all the bad press, all the criticism, they are unleashed. They are off the leash. Yeah, so well done to Hardersfield. It must deserve to win.
Speaker 1: Now, talking of unleashed, it's funny what you said about Steve McNamara and WHI left C earlier and potential words around John cart right, because they yeah, they seem to. They seem to have turned a bit of a corner. Haull f C twenty four with tries from Roman Or Martin moy and his own goals were from harda crew scored four over the Catalans, twenty tries from Mark Dorella tor Or two Stains scored one and sect and kicked two goals. That's back to back wins for whole le f C, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Off the back of that that great win over Leeds.
Speaker 3: Look, I was I was at heading Leaders game was just before the Leeds game, and I was mingling with the likes of Gary Schofield and Francis Cummings and Phil Kaplan distainable Phil Kaplan. So I didn't say this game, but cat Leans just for me, the the ultimate caplan. Then it's doable, the cromulent film caplan. They are a yo yo team Catalans, aren't they like? It's kind of the Catalans of years ago before matt Namara. They correctly brought it one week and dog dog shit the.
Speaker 1: Next lads put on the record of how English your accent sounds at times now, particularly when you say Catalans, because you say Catalans like a bank.
Speaker 2: That's that's an insult. I won't take that.
Speaker 3: But look, they were brilliant against whole k R. And I don't know how they went yesterday apart from I don't know how they performed, but yeah, obviously I think good on them a couple of Wednesday. But yeah, the look there is talk about John Cartwright's future behind the scenes. I spoke to a few people yesterday who heard similar things. Yeah, we wanted but look, they can't really move him on if he keeps winning. Can I know John cart Right? You know two wins. Yeah, they just need to keep performing and they'll get some more players back off to the treatment table and they could keep motoring.
Speaker 2: Up the table.
Speaker 1: Heading Lee it was microsivol twelve, everyone else in the Leeds Jersey eight six fourteen to come up with a total of twenty six and Warrington twenty two with tries from Josh Soules, Smith with two and King Golds were three from Irwin. That sounded like a belting game.
Speaker 3: It was, yeah, like as I said, the conditions were horrible and the first twenty minutes weren't great, and then it sort of come alive. It was really entertaining. The lead was changing, it was tense, it was a bit of you know, some dubious pause. It was controversial moments at different times of the game. But some great skool Civo just seems to be getting, you know, at least early on. Warrington got a group to him in the second half and really put some pressure on him and some bodies in front of him. But first half he was just getting the ball in space. It's just strolling over, I mean, which he's done for a long time. But Warrington will be I think a little bit frustrated. I go because I started really well. Josh Lewis for me. I mean, if you're picking in England team for the World Cup, you've got Josh Lewis in your squad. So she's playing fullback with Taylor Ray out, but he can play wing, he can play center. Just a really really good young player, great ball runner, strong, tough, good defender.
Speaker 2: But yeah, brilliant game.
Speaker 3: Leeds came back into it, and then you know, once Connor and Miller started to find space, grabbing across the field and just opening and warranted up, particularly on their their right edge, Warrington's right edge, and then you and Owen we've talked about him. I think before Lee and Johns thinks he's one of the best young halfbacks he's seen for a long time. And you know, I'm sure he's got a massive grip. It was a tough Afternoonew like Colum Watkins got in his face that really closed him down. He made a few errors, but if you are, if you're warranting, you know, look their first loss of the season. There were no by no means embarrassed. You know, I could have won the game. So I think if you're warranting, you're not too disappointed, you know. And Leeds really needed that. We two losses in a row after the Cup going at the Cup and then thatdded buy holl of Sea. So yeah, big win for Leeds. But yeah, just a great, great afternoon. As I said, it kind of capped off the dirtieth celebrations very well.
Speaker 1: I need your predictions, John, because we need to start predicting games now because of what happened with Huddersfield and Wigan just right in the mall. So Friday, Good Friday, and we'll be reviewing all leason after the hooter, after the final hooter. Maybe we should call it after the hooters. This week Whole KR and Hull f C Open proceedings at lunchtime. Who do you winner there?
Speaker 3: I think, considering the record they've had over them in recent Derby's and probably in terms of fit bodies, definitely Whole KR. I think, yeah, they get back to their best.
Speaker 1: Saint Helens versus Wigan at three o'clock, yeah, I think it's the tough one.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: With Wigan if there's any injuries from their game, but I think I think we're getting a close one. Both teams coming off a loss and Helens are missing. They've still got a very very good squad, but you take you know, Wellsby and Lee's and some of those players out, it's it's going to be hard and I think we're going to be really really fight up.
Speaker 2: So I think I think we're going.
Speaker 1: Bradford host Leeds at eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Again, it's a.
Speaker 3: Difficult one because they're all over motion and yeah, really big grab.
Speaker 2: But I think maybe just leads sort of favorites.
Speaker 1: On Saturday, the resurgent, unleashed Huddersfield Giants play at three o'clock against York Knights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, be hazards to think. You know, the York have kept surprising me already this season. But with those injuries, that picked up and had a Field Boyd with some fit bodies back and a big win over Wig and I think I think maybe had a s field.
Speaker 1: Warrington played Lee at exactly the same time.
Speaker 3: Again, yeah, they coming off a good win, Warrington off a loss. But I think I think Warrington, you know, I think wardon All.
Speaker 2: Had too much for him.
Speaker 1: Ludarby frontie between Catalan and to loose at nine at seven o'clock UK time.
Speaker 2: Another one where you're kind of flipping a coiner bit. I think Catlin's at home.
Speaker 3: You know, they've had a better recent record than to lose, and I think maybe to lose it's just like death Flies might be struggling a bit so. But again I wouldn't be surprised to see to Lucier in the one. But I think I think maybe the Dragons.
Speaker 1: I mean, depending on how many French players are playing, then obviously their local issues will come to the foe as well. There there wherever they've grown up and who they hate and who they don't hate and whatnot that will come into come into the performance as well. And then on Sunday Castle for Tigers host Wakefield.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this is an interesting one because as you said, as we just said, wakefielder build them a bit of momentum now a couple of wins. Obviously, the RTS news everything you know, been looking good for Waight for the moment, but Cast coming off that match needed pressure relieving win over Bradford at home. Still like, yeah, I think I think the bookies still have wake for Wakefield. Yeah, I think they've probably been on paper they've got the better squad, But yeah, I think there are better times ahead for Casts in the long term.
Speaker 2: Well, I certainly hope that.
Speaker 1: I think we've sort of covered the NRL with the coaches and whatnot. Penrith are still better than everyone else at the moment. Questions came in Saint Philip Boyd the second said, why don't players fail hi ads in training? Obviously match day is more intense. However, how can players only be tested during eighty minutes per week if the RFL a claiming player welfare that was a question from Saint Philip's X account.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, it's a really good question.
Speaker 3: I don't I mean, there's not I don't think doctor's viewing training in my in my knowledge, I don't think know where in cashion math guards that activate when you know, Yeah, I think this is a really big issue.
Speaker 1: I think I'll come down to resources, won't it the ability to pay medical staff?
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, I think more recently, I think that's one of the big worries that you know, some clubs, I think I think the Roosters in Melbourne definitely do that. They train, you know, one and a half times game speed, don't they. So they're training their contact sessions are so brutal, and I think that's one thing long term that we need to try and get out of, is trying to lessen that load in training.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think that's a big problem.
Speaker 3: I think the modern world people are a bit more you know, they know about concussion and they're a bit more wary of that and in science. But look at what happened with Tonga Lee. You know, that was a big part of my French But stuff up, wasn't it with Katowa?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: So I didn't know, I didn't know stuff that was French.
Speaker 2: I was going to use the F word, but then we get back from YouTube, don't we. So I won't do that.
Speaker 1: But you know that he may never play again, and you know he could have had some news today as well. Kamakamika has had a stroke.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that. Wow, that's that's terrible.
Speaker 1: You know, he's been in hospital and apparently he's complaining, you're going to miss the game at the weekend, so he's you know, it's not you know, he's not really out of it or anything like that, but still not good. Simon Paul, Simon Paul, who contributes to us a lot on x Ank Simon and our NRL. Taking our top talent is one of the most destructive things in our game at the moment. We need superstars like Dom Young to be lighting up the pictures here. What and will anything be done on a n r L will only do what's best for the NRL. A sheep in wolf's clothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we talked about this week with you Leedskin using the salary cap, didn't we. You know, there's the clubs that want to increase the salary cap there's a lot of clubs are against that.
Speaker 2: I think while the.
Speaker 3: NRL salary cap is three times the size, and it's not just the salary cap, as you know, Lee, it's the profile, it's everything around it. It's the bigger crowds, it's the bigger media coverage and also the lifestyle, the sun. It's a pretty attractive proposition. So I can't see that changing anyhow time soon. I think I think the super League alecraft could be amended in that clubs are rewarded for producing their own talent, you know, and that's a really good way of retaining them there as the three market thing. But we've got to we're going to get more money into the game, into the sport, which.
Speaker 2: Means a better TV.
Speaker 1: And going going against Simon's question, it's not the NRL's fault, it's a better competition super league in terms of standard. Its super League's fault. It's not the same standard as the NRL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you could say in the in the nineties or at least in the early two thousands, like the flow was argaber on the other way when you had you know some or you know, the eighties, and it was different in the eighties because it was a winner season whatever, but you had you know, Stirlow and Brett Kenny, and.
Speaker 1: There was a lot in the early days of Super League there was a lot more signings like Roger toovars Check, except they've probably come up a little bit earlier in the career, but it was still there was still there was still a geriatric ward for the NRL. And so for example, when I was at Wigan, when Matthew Johns wasn't wanted by Newcastle, he ended up coming to Wigan, Steve Rnoff saying with Brisbane et cetera, so many players. Now, what was different then is that the pound was a lot stronger, yes, and the games that the game had comparatively more TV money, so therefore clubs had a bit more money money tall.
Speaker 3: It's just it's pure economics. And all these other factors about expansion and administration, marketing, they all they're they're all factors that being set together.
Speaker 2: So you've got to kind of fix the whole power.
Speaker 3: And yeah, you know, if you're if you're a young English kid and you grew up seeing what Sam Burgess did or James Graham did you know, and if you're older Agrian Morley, you know what Dom Young is doing now, you know, Dom You people forget Dom youngs a wait kid for Wakefield Uddersfield Junior. You couldn't get a game for Hardesfield. They didn't play him, you know so and maybe maybe you know, maybe you know he's a raw athlete, et cetera. But you know you've also you've also got to identify your best kids and you've got to give him opportunities.
Speaker 2: Then you full credit Dom Young.
Speaker 3: You went the Newcastle I'm sure he would have been paid a pittance when he went over there.
Speaker 1: And he's worked hard and become you know, a top winner in the NRL. So yeah, good And the other thing for all for all he's worried about this talent drain. The more English players we have playing in the NRL, we're going to have no fear eventually when it comes to playing Australia.
Speaker 2: One that that is a positive.
Speaker 1: And I'll learned so much more about the game because things happen quicker, there's more scrutiny. Etcter hoy on X said, gamesmanship and diving more prevalent nowadays. Question Mark to lose the leaders in the late hit penalty count. If I can answer the first part of that question, you maybe can answer the second or joining on the first part as well. Gamesmanship and diving absolutely more more prevalent nowadays. It's one thing I noticed in the World Club Challenge, John, was how often the Brin Broncos players were trying to get things out of the referee that would work in the NRL but didn't work in Super League. Clearly, I think again because of what we've just been talking about, eventually Super League copies the NRL, and it's creeping in. I mean some of the some of the diving some players do. Now when a defender brushes past, there are the bushes, you know, a little glance of the jumper and the diving around that lake. So I don't know what to lose hit late late hit penalty count means, though, do you.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I'm not I've not seen every minute of every to lose game to think that every time past has been hitting it hitting players off the ball the time, I mean, yeah, I'm not sure about that one.
Speaker 1: So building up to next week, we may record on Easter Monday, we may record Tuesday, because obviously it's a public holiday. John John's got family, I've got commitments, and and you know, if we get pulled away in life and we might even dare we say, we might even have a little bit of time off. We'll see John. On that note, I may not do an analysis video this week. I might do one in the middle of the two weeks. Who should I look at?
Speaker 2: John?
Speaker 1: I listened to your last time and did Warrington?
Speaker 2: Should you look at?
Speaker 1: I'm interested in looking at the Saint Helen's defense against Okay, are you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think Look, I think that's a really interesting one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like that They've had a lot of change moving around the spine, a lot of injuries, so there's a lot of fluctuating and I think they're warrant Concerned for me was how much their pack got absolutely battered on on Friday night, So dal would really need to improve that area if they're going to beat Wiggan on Friday.
Speaker 1: Get in touch with me rugbyley coach dot comvera say you at Rugby League coach on Socials and Rugby League Coach dot comver Say you John.
Speaker 3: Facebook at John David's Journalist, on x at Johnny D. Davidson, and on Patreon at Rugby league hub dot com or reads.
Speaker 1: We'll see you after the Hooters on Friday, and we'll see you either Monday or Tuesday next week. Take care, John for those listening, Johnny shaking his head right.
Speaker 2: Now so loves the sexual inuin there.
Speaker 1: Hey, who said anything about sexual But you're the ones with the issues.