Speaker 1: Twas the night before Cushmus read by Canadave and Groovy, a mechanic as special. Twas the night before Cushmus went all through the place.
Speaker 2: Not a reefer was smoking, not a blunt to the face.
Speaker 1: The joints and bowls were hung by chimney with care.
Speaker 2: In hopes that Saint Snoop soon would be there.
Speaker 1: All the buds were nestled and snug in their papers.
Speaker 3: While dreaming of plants as high as skyscrapers.
Speaker 1: Mama entered drug rug and I, in my gas mask.
Speaker 2: Had just smoked out ourselves. Now I forgot the next task.
Speaker 1: When put on the glass, smoke arose from the shatter.
Speaker 2: Almost died from the rip, like what the hell's the matter?
Speaker 1: Away to the bong. I flew like a flash.
Speaker 2: Tore open the bag and threw up the stash.
Speaker 1: The bong hit the breast like the old stoner blow.
Speaker 2: Gave the cluster of edibles to everyone below.
Speaker 3: When what, wait, what my eyes should appear but a custom rig and tons of smoke to clear with a.
Speaker 1: Little heady driver, so stoned and so slow.
Speaker 2: I knew in a moment it must be Saint Snoop for show.
Speaker 1: More higher than eagles his ears as they rang.
Speaker 2: And he coughed and spouted and called them some names.
Speaker 1: Now stasher, now blaster, now pressure and spliffin.
Speaker 2: On, tuli on, stupid on, dunder and mifflin.
Speaker 1: To the top of the torch, to the top of the nail.
Speaker 3: Now puff away, puff away, Oh wait, stale.
Speaker 1: As dry nug after the harvest of slurri cane.
Speaker 2: Five, when they meet with a press rosin to the sky, so.
Speaker 1: Up to the colas top the tri coombes, they grow.
Speaker 2: With a bag full of weed, and Saint Snoop baked too.
Speaker 1: Realized during trimming Snoop must be the plug.
Speaker 2: The pressing and smashing of each little nug.
Speaker 1: As I drew in my head and was turning around.
Speaker 2: Down the chimney, Saint Snoop came with a pound.
Speaker 1: He was all dressed in fur, pimped from his shoes to his suit.
Speaker 2: And his clothes were all designer with bands full of lute.
Speaker 1: A bundle of weight was flung on his back.
Speaker 2: And he looked like a player may be addicted to crack.
Speaker 1: His eyes, How glossy cot mouth, How merry his pupils were like roses, his rillow still cherried. He opened his mouth and said like two thousand of bow.
Speaker 2: And the ash on his shirt was as white as the snow.
Speaker 1: The smoke of the pipe he held tight in his.
Speaker 2: Teeth, and that smoke and circled his head like a wreath.
Speaker 1: He had a blown face and a little round doobie.
Speaker 2: That ashed when he laughed, like a stoner watching a movie.
Speaker 1: Joy was chubby and plump, right off top shelf.
Speaker 2: And I laughed when I saw him, so lifted myself.
Speaker 1: The squint of his eye, the twist of his head.
Speaker 2: Soon gave me some tree, now nothing to dread.
Speaker 1: He spoke not a word, but went straight to his.
Speaker 3: Spark and filled all the stockings with live resin and carts.
Speaker 1: And laying his topicals aside of his nose.
Speaker 2: And give and giving a dab up the banger. He rose, He.
Speaker 1: Sprung to his caddy, to his squad, gave a whistle.
Speaker 2: And away they all blew like the way of a missile.
Speaker 1: But I heard him exclaim as he blazed out of sight.
Speaker 2: Happy you all smoke right, hey.
Speaker 3: Yuh oh, happy cushion.
Speaker 1: At the same time, I hope you all enjoy it. They're gonna do a live read today. But to be honest with you. I had a migrant few days ago, and I don't think I fully bounced back, and I just had enough energy just to get this recording done and kind of just talk about this year, I mean grateful. So I didn't have the energy, and then Dave came right from his day jobs over like, we didn't even have the outfits ready, so we're like, we're just playing the video, y'all. So y'all got the video.
Speaker 3: You guys will get a remix next year.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, we think we're gonna re edit it because some of those numbers didn't make sense and some of those rhymes made me cry.
Speaker 3: I was like, but also, I think we might do another song or two.
Speaker 1: Though, yeah, we did pretty good. We've made jokes about making a Christmas EP. Dude, this year was just not the year. There's been a lot of stuff going on, but a lot of grateful things to be grateful for and a lot of hardships. But today we're here to just kind of like rap and say thanks for the whole year. And if you're listening now, or if you're listening, probably towards the new year, because let's be real here, it's holiday season.
Speaker 3: Man, it is like, I mean, this is released on Christmas Day, so I got a happy Merry Christmas to everybody.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas if that's your holiday, Happy Hanukah because I think that's still going on, or just to end it.
Speaker 3: No, I think it starts actually on Christmas issue, so it's.
Speaker 1: Going on and then that's the Qui Kwanza or whatever other holidays you celebrate.
Speaker 3: Out, Happy holidays everyone out there. Yeah, I'm a big holiday in a happy New year.
Speaker 1: And that's not politically correct, you know, that's just like how I believe. Please, don't someone say the politically Listen, I'm not I don't care, you know, I like them all, you know. I'm just happy to you know, and be able to do this another year, which is sweet, groovy, is still alive. I'm still doing music, you know anything. I feel like I've just started with all these projects just kind of nice and refreshing.
Speaker 3: No, it is, man, It's it's been a grateful year. Sad year, good year, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean it has ups and downs, but a lot to be grateful for, right, even from all the loss or even from all the things that's happened this year, I've tried to find some lighting at all. Right, Like, even like with losing Kilo and losing with the loss that I I've had with like other people, it just kind of like makes you grateful for the people that are still around, that you still have some people that I still have, like you, I still have my mother, Like I still got people, I still got my community. Right, the fact that we're able to do this, it's just like I'm trying to be more grateful for things, cause you just never really know how long it lasts. You never really know when things are just gonna change. So you just got to be grateful every moment, right, And I think that's what I've learned this year, just being grateful for like being more appreciative, you know why, not necessarily being so like why am I not here, but being thankful I'm here because if I looked back five years ago, I would have been like, damn, because if you look at watching this video right when I'm just like looking at analyzing this whole thing, rant that's still eventually what my other room looks like. But it's like that's so that's all I had going on back there, that we built this. I could just be grateful because like even back then, we were like, you know, pretty grateful for things. So I think sometimes I sometimes we get ahead of myself and trying to be like why am I not here yet? So my new step is just being like appreciative of being where you're at.
Speaker 3: You know. Yeah, that video is a little throwback that's from four years ago.
Speaker 1: It's like our first like one of our first recordings too, because I look at all the bud like overlays and I'm like, it was just that was when we were using the other softwares, like that was in the other room. That was just when we were sitting next to each other very early on. And it's funny because when we back then we were like, wow, we're still we're learning so much because we were we were still moving and so it's like it's always.
Speaker 3: A learning curve, bro, No, it is. And then we went to the couch and I.
Speaker 1: Think we had any partners at this point, or maybe we had one and the one that like screwed us over, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I don't think they it might have been.
Speaker 1: I don't. My whole point was who knows the whole who cares? Like we were just starting to record it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did. I think they started in Channa that year twenty one.
Speaker 1: I mean, dude, you' getting too specific. I don't care about the twin is that we were still very new. We you know, we didn't have any relationships in the community. We only had a couple of people listening, you know, and then we have we.
Speaker 3: Had like one half listeners.
Speaker 1: One of them was me, Yeah, right.
Speaker 3: Who's the other half? I don't know my cam Yeah, probably, you know, it's just it just shows man, It's no, It's.
Speaker 1: Just that's that's the hustle. Man. You just keep you know, trying, you know.
Speaker 3: Keep moving forward, keep pushing forward. And that's that's like been this year. And we're gonna go through some of some of the quarters through the year, probably kick it off with jan going through January. I know, there's a couple a couple of cool podcasts we released in January. We had uh Patty row a founder of the Pink Sash ps now, and then also Pam Green, Pam who you probably have seen, We had her on as well as a joint podcast, and we learned about Pam's cancer and then we learned more about ps society when it was in Cali and now it's here. We're gonna have to get them back on going into twenty twenty five because they kind of have revamped a little bit as well too. They don't go by Pink Session no more. They're, like I was just saying, the PS Society, and they're now a nonprofits they weren't previously. And we've helped partner with two of their recent events, and the one was their White Elephant Party that was this past month in December, which they did.
Speaker 2: So shout out to PS.
Speaker 3: As a society and them over there. We love what they do and much respect.
Speaker 1: But then we built a really great relationship with them. Shoutout, Shout out Patty, shout the whole team over there. It's been great. And actually, you know, leading right out of that, I mean, we had what was that at the beginning of the year. That's cannon Con. Cannon Con is the beginning every year, isn't it January?
Speaker 3: Cannicons Canicon's usually in the summer.
Speaker 1: Oh, but it's weird because we put out the Exotic Interview on February. That's the reason why I could put that though.
Speaker 3: Well that was from Biscon.
Speaker 1: Oh. For some reason I thought that was kan.
Speaker 3: We did see him at Canonkon too. Okay, right, I'm just yeah, that was from biscont. Yeah, you know that's from Biscon of twenty three when we did the interview, because we also released a hard Dean interview right before that with Brittany who we had on and we did that. That's how we built a relationship with Hard Dean was in twenty twenty three and then moving into twenty twenty four, so we got to have the hard Deen and.
Speaker 1: Then yaw Brittany. She's always good. And if you're out in Vegas, stop by. They might still be doing the Michanic cast discount. Just mention it. See if they'll do aning. If not, sorry, we tried.
Speaker 3: We tried.
Speaker 1: Now we'll try to get it. But they all do have a good variety and they have no staff, so very worth checking it out no matter what.
Speaker 3: But yes, the Exoctity Gen Next interview was dope. That was a great interview.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talking to Mike was great, and like you know, I unfortunately am stuck behind the camera with a lot of these things for a lot of these fun things, but to day was able to chit chat with him and I think that's really cool because you're the Genesis and you've grown his stuff. And since then, you know, since that interview, you won the cup at Hashbags. I know I'm jumping a little ahead, but I'm just tying it together because to really think how cool that interview was now to be like have that conversation, you know.
Speaker 3: No, it was honestly awesome because I own a lot of his genetics. We talked about the Great Jubilee. I think that was coming out. I know in the time when we did the interview, he was exhausted in twenty three getting ready for the holidays, and he was like pretty much taking time off.
Speaker 1: Ye can we even grab that conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was honestly great. Like Gruvy said, you know, I've been a huge fan of his for years now, and after being able to use his product, and.
Speaker 1: Oh vi, since I small that bo no, I mean, shits just lapt. I mean that Rainbow Ship is still one of my favorites. Like it really is, like all jokes.
Speaker 3: Asiety, it's such a good one. It's such a good straining. That's the one straight the reason why I started going with the exacting because he won the Rainbow Ship back in like seventeen, I think at the Michigan High Times Cup no More, you know, which I really loved, which I thought was cool. This year, something I want to talk about bulk Rosen. Bulk Rosen started taking off this year because that's when we first started going to see it was this year at the Hive. We talked about that in February, which is crazy because you know who doesn't like some good bulk Rosen, like straight.
Speaker 1: Up yeah, I mean, shout out the Hive and we've seen in a couple other places, although I feel like HI figured it out how to do it, because I feel like they're the white people who do it strong with like a lot of variety. I've seen a couple plays do a little bit, but never really the same way. So shout out to Hive hopefully get them out of twenty five we've been talking.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, yep. And then we also dived into the Facebook group called the Blacklist of m I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to our friends with the Mfire. Yeah, they're partners with us. Add it off for a while. They're great people over there, they're mid Michigan. Check them out.
Speaker 3: And they started this group because as you know, if you've been listening to us and paying attention to some of our podcasts, it's been a wild year, not just this year, but last year. People aren't getting paid their bills when they're getting product, so you're giving them the product and then you're not getting paid and that's not a sustainable business model for any business in any industry.
Speaker 2: So it's a great group.
Speaker 3: You have to show proof of who's not paying your bills, but you're able to talk about it, and then everybody else can avoid said brands. And then there's some brands you know.
Speaker 1: That's just a good way to be able to iron out your dirty laundry without like, but in a healthy way, like because you're letting people in the business know what's going on, because this is just doing shady business. You're not like throwing people under the bus because they, like you know, they're doing something that you just don't agree with, Like this, shoul's not cool if you're not paying people like you should that should be out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it should not be just doubted.
Speaker 1: You owe people fifty to one hundred thousand dollars. You're not should be making deals still, which we hear all the time it's ridiculous. I mean, unfortunately, I understand you have a couple of bad things, but you can't screw over people because you had some bass. You gotta pay your debts and then figure it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because in the business dis boat what they do, they can't pay.
Speaker 1: So active our facebooks will go check it out. Blacklig a blacklist of am I cannabis.
Speaker 3: Yes, sorry, it is.
Speaker 2: It's something that's not gonna stop, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But like and it's crazy because like there's so many dirty practices out there in business in general that you think that because of like how the caregiver system was, how it was just kind of like hey, five people just like selling to sell it. Like now it's become such a business, you'll forget that people bringing those business those business tactics, and this isn't just like looking out for one each other anymore, you know, which is a shame. But at the same time, it's a business, right, they got to survive, So you kind of give those more cutthroat people, you know, it's not as much of a side hustle anymore.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, man, Absolutely, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that was a great Honestly, we honestly, we had some cool interviews this year. Now I'm thinking about it because right after that, it looks like we had Huna and since that, yeah, shout out to Ross, Xavier, the whole teams, you know, everyone, because like I think they even added someone because like since then, we've seen them multiple times, a couple of cups, they went cups, We've seen them on the podcast. Uh, we got to smoke that hash wrap like four or five this year. I think I did a full.
Speaker 4: Melt one with him at one of the events, I'm pretty sure, which they don't really make it the metric because I think they're really hard to keep stable and he only had like one or two things to market, but man, but they delicious.
Speaker 1: They are some of my favorite products that they ever come back. They are hash wraps that you literally put your butt in and you wrapped your hash around and you're these you just stuffed and you smoked it like the special way and oh so delicious. The whole thing they.
Speaker 3: Still like sh was gas when we did it, it was good though, it was.
Speaker 1: Ye and again like that's why I love about these podcasts, Like who Knows is like one of those brands that we just connected with. So shout out to the whole team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bross was actually on one of our live streams for about the whole Pocket episode we had him on, had Me Connect Puffin. It just aired a couple of weeks ago. So check that out.
Speaker 1: We aired, yeah, because I cleaned up the audio and yeah, it's hard. I'll listen to.
Speaker 3: Check that shit out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then unfortunately, right after that, we have rip Jeans Johnson Clair. So must Johnson Claire must pass away. If you don't know who Johnson Claire is, he is the one of the big proponents and catalysts to the whole movement here in Michigan. Because of what happened to him, I'm forgetting on the day right now, but it's what sparked Hashbash him getting arrested for two joints and getting thrown into jail. Granted, he eventually was released because of all this activism and stuff, but he did serve time. I don't I'm blanking all the specifics right now, but we did a whole episode with mister Hashbash. I researched mechanic ass mister Hashbash, where he breaks into the history better than anyone ever could you know, And like simply that was honestly, that was actually a couple of years ago, that episode because I was so sick. Now that was fun.
Speaker 3: Fact, Croofy gave me COVID head day. You could watch. You can watch this deteriorate throughout the EI.
Speaker 1: Just everyone knows David loves pick. I mean, and I'm fine with that, but I I just want to let everyone know that this was very early COVID. This is one apparently anyone knew like what it felt like yet, because I was like, I didn't even I just like start to feel flush. I'm like, I'm fine by the end of the episode. So I was like, no, that's what I'm saying. You watch you watch I watched me get sick. You watch me feel COVID for the first time.
Speaker 3: And that was the worst time I had COVID ever too. Is that that was the first time? Yeah, no, no, thank you. That's when I lost.
Speaker 1: My coworker, a newborn got it because I was just this guy was I thought. I just I was like, dude, I if newborn is sick, I'm going to freak out. Like I was freaking out. Man. I felt so horrible. Thanks thanks for render.
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: What are good friends? There to remind you of your worst times. I just remember why you're recording live.
Speaker 2: What we were so excited for.
Speaker 3: The interview was so great, and I just I remember that episode, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because that I mean talking to mister Hashbash, especially before, that was our first time we really before we really knew him and just knew the history. So it was like now we know him. Like it's just like we were so honored to be able to get that first hand history lesson. And that's why you're right, that's why it was our longest episode ever. Its two and a half hours, because I didn't want to stop. I was there to listen. I was there just getting sick. Apparently you were.
Speaker 3: You watched the watch because it was great to have on record, you know absolutely. I'm just always going to remember that episode is the COVID episode.
Speaker 2: It is the mister Hashbash episode.
Speaker 3: But I'm glad he didn't come by. Oh my god, same groovy. I'm so happy on that it all worked out.
Speaker 1: That was right in the Hashbash Cup and that's when you won.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that was got it.
Speaker 1: I gotta do it. Oh. I was gonna say go ahead and grab that trophy, but it's not here.
Speaker 3: I need to bring it here more often. I'm gonna start doing that again.
Speaker 1: Super you don't have to. It's glass bro as you take a picture and put it over there and frame it or something.
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna set it right here.
Speaker 1: You could just frame it like right there and put it like.
Speaker 3: Right here.
Speaker 1: You do what have your heart desires. It's just if it breaks, No, I don't want to hear it on record.
Speaker 3: We'll blame Groovy because somehow he'll he'll he'll hit.
Speaker 2: The table here.
Speaker 1: You're crushing it so far the episode, Yeah, whenever, last time we live stream, he like stood up, knocked my thing off, unplugged something and pugged the mic UPGNS.
Speaker 3: What really happened was I unplugged it, put my computer charger in, and then I flung over the mic stand and everything else. But right before we recorded this episode he unplugs something too that shot some shock lives through something crushing him. But yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll still blame him if he breaks it, even if even if he's not even if he's not bio like damnit movie. But yeah, no, no, that was a huge win. And I'll speaking of the exotic that was the Bangering strain. That one. You've probably heard me talk about it once or twice on the on the stream. If you haven't, definitely highly recommend uh you tune in in every Saturday nine am each year. We might have a special guest of the Saturday as well too. But yeah, yeah, the Bangering man. I felt so sweet win in that shout out to everyone that was with me.
Speaker 1: That was an honor just because in my in my opinion, I feel like Hashbash to me getting into this like cannabis world, right, Like the first event I really knew about publicly was Hashbash, right, just getting going to u M and getting high in public and thinking that shit was crazy cool, right, Like, eventually I learned about the activism part, but at first I didn't really understand what it was about. They were just like, yo, you've never been a hash Bash?
Speaker 2: Yeah wa ann Arbor what right?
Speaker 1: Exactly? I had some friends and Arbor like Nate Dog Yeah, and you know, I am talking to him forever. I see him some randomly all the time.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 1: I randomly was just see him like what in the DM scene but shut out, my dude, And then he was like, hey, come out. You know, actually Jesse Rests Soul, and then I went out for my first time, and I just thought it was a really cool thing, and I was like, wow, this is really cool, you know, like smoking Whedon public, just being part of the community. I didn't really understand what that was about. I mean, I had to be like fourteen, thirteen, sixteen, I don't know, sixteen.
Speaker 3: With Nate, oh, you have me, eighteen nineteen.
Speaker 1: The year Oh, I was like age. So I mean in sixteen, this wasn't that long ago. So the hashpash was going on for a while, so I knew what it was because you'd see it on the news, but I didn't really.
Speaker 3: Got thirteen or fourteen.
Speaker 1: I really can't remember.
Speaker 3: It was thirteen or fourteen.
Speaker 1: Maybe either way. My whole point is, yeah, I guess it would be, because I don't know. My whole point is that that was kind of when I first understood there was this community of people who like smoked bud and did all this stuff and fought, did all this stuff. So it was really my first introduction to it. So I think it's such an honor few to win it because for me, it was like I still look at it. It's probably the most if not predominant, the most well known one here in Michigan.
Speaker 3: It's one of the more prestigious ones that they have around. I'd say, yeah, because it's been around the longest, kind of lost its credibility too, And this one is a Michigan based on the Hashbash. You do have a lot of it, and.
Speaker 1: I love that they blend the You know, obviously there's hash Bash and there's hash Bash Cup, and now obviously it's all kind If you've been around Michigan, you know that there's more like the Metric event, which is.
Speaker 3: The and then got Minal Street Fair to which probably got.
Speaker 1: The actual activist area, and then you got well that's what I was saying, Monroe Street Fair, excuse me, is like the Metric area, and then you've got the actual Hashbash activism, and then you got the Hashbash Cup. But they're all really one big celebration for cannabis, because if you really think about it, they're like different levels. Right, we're celebrating the activism because this is where it came from. We still think the fight for We're celebrating metric because look, we may we got it to the point where it can be recreationally used you're not getting you know, it really has a big step. And then we go over the Carriger, we go over the Hashbash Cup, like boom carriers alive and strong because they grow crime.
Speaker 3: But even metric uh enters the hashbash Cup though. That's why I like it. Everyone can enter. No, that's how it's like, that's where it's foundation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one looks at that.
Speaker 1: It's like metric event. It's not. It's an open event like the country, but the event itself is more small batche you know what I mean, like and just celebrating smoking really and that's why I love about all the events. Everyone just smoking, but like and at the end of the day, like there are still some hay you know this side this side, these little internal battles, but at the end the day. That's why one day I feel like one day everyone's just kind of like okay whatever, you know what I mean. You see Metric people at the hash bash Cup, you see hash bash Cup people at the at the Honora set Fair, you see the activism people ever like.
Speaker 2: Because it's still together.
Speaker 1: Right, But that's I feel like, it's that's why I love that event, because that's the one day we remember what the fucking point is because every other time sometimes we forget that it is all for that, all for the same cause these little like these little differences don't mean anything to the outside people who don't smoke weed. Yeah right, And that's the one thing I feel like Hashbash we remember, oh yeah right, it's it's us versus the people who don't understand the plant, not us against each other, against them because you know, you're losing your numbers. And I think that's that's like one of my favorite events, to the fact that you wanted, the fact that we were able to talk to mister Hashbash and like years ago and kind of full circled it. I feel like because that was one of my first I really enjoyed that episode. You know, during that time we had them and Pop Brothers of Law, we were just starting to get like real names on. We're like, well, this is crazy, mister Hashbash, you know what I mean? Grow yeah, good stuff. And then right after Hashbash we did MCP for our first time. Second time you can puff was right around there. Second there might have been second, yeah, yeah, because we did it.
Speaker 3: The first time in the fall of the previous it was the room that was raining that time, and we donated to the Redemption fund. I believe one of the funds we donated to. That's what we're doing, the five hund oh.
Speaker 1: For Rick passing.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Actually full circle on that too. With the redemption. Then we just had Ryan On like aim on the Coast and he works.
Speaker 3: With that Tumpson.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Rick Rick supported redemption pretty strong, and we'd see him at events with the redemption and.
Speaker 3: I always remember seeing him at a right at the end days. Rick passed away last year twenty three.
Speaker 1: Damn, that's crazy. He's been gone that long now, right, Like you know what I mean looking back, it's been like a full year now. That's all.
Speaker 3: Well, because right before I went to Italy, they had the memorial.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, the event, it.
Speaker 3: Was his birthday.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. I can't believe it's just been that long now. Well, looking back, I'm really jogging memories, you know what I'm saying. Time time was yeah yeah, and then we had we met Mark.
Speaker 3: Yep, founder of Busting Grass Competition.
Speaker 1: Which that's a cool event over here in Michigan's just like a box, right, yeah, that's where.
Speaker 3: We are, Like I like Mark, he came from a high time, so he did a lot of the high Times events back in the day when they were like Boone that that.
Speaker 1: Interview is fun here and just talking to Mark, he's seen he's a cool Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And shout out to Cannaby. He placed a couple in a couple of those. So our partner And while I bring up Canaby, we didn't give shout out to any of the partners yet. So I do want to give a quick break and say so grateful for our partners and for them believing in us and seeing a relationship that we can build moving together going forward. So I want to kick it off with our partners. So again Old School Organics, shout out to Jason and the team. You're looking for any old school strains, check out Old School looking for some organic bud. He's got it for you. Then Lost Coast Plant Therapy. Use coding my can of twenty and to save twenty percent on your order. Dirk in the family. That product they have is unstoppable. It's one of the best IBM springs on the market. I've used it for years before even meeting Dirk. One of my favorites, all organic and it's changing vegetable crops throughout the US. Then, since we were talking about Best in Grass competition, shout out to Scotti and his team over at Cannaby Extracts. If you're looking for some award winning concentrates, they got them. Like this guy's pumping out quality products day in and day out. He's a genius, and he's a genius in the lab. And give a shot out to Tyler and Kinship where they got where the urpeens thrive. You look for some turpy flavored bud, you're looking for some strains that you're not gonna find anywhere else.
Speaker 2: Kinship's got it. You can also check them out in.
Speaker 3: Albion if you want to go to their retail store and see some of their straight products if you can't find any right near you. And then, last, but not least, Groovey's got the can drink High nine. It's a hem drinks you can get in all fifty states and it's our official drink sponsor. Never thought we would have a drink sponsor in the podcast. So and my man's about to sip on it. And there's caffeine free, caffeine free, and non and caffeinated and it's made with honey hemp.
Speaker 2: So these are phenomenal. They got four and.
Speaker 1: They come back because they did sell out those half and halfs are gas.
Speaker 3: Yes they are saying no, no, no, they really do. They really that's ration everyone. So again, thank you partners for working with us, and thank you all because they see the value of working with us.
Speaker 1: Because moving forward to those twenty five because this is the team moving forward as of now, so shout out.
Speaker 3: So all right and yeah.
Speaker 1: That was honestly, and then we moved into four to twenty which you know, I did a really cool event of shout out at the Grassy No Muskegan events which you were there. You weren't there. You didn't go to that one.
Speaker 3: It did not go there, been to either those.
Speaker 1: You really should come out because it's really fun what they do. They basically do like a it's almost like how Big Cloud is but for one day like just at the right next to a dispo. So it's kind of like caregiver vibes and you still get that like there are some caregiver like you know, just kind of like the I don't know if they do donations are really just there kind of like just putting who they are out there, there's art, there's like and then you can go over to the dispo which is right next door. So that was really fun for twenty event. I had a really good time with that. Uh yeah, that was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed. That was my first four twenty gig. Two nice, got a little lit, good bud. There's good deals in the dispo. I got blessed with some stuff on the way out because there was vendors and stuff then. And the last time I went, they did like a scavenger hunt, so you go like find a bunch and you got a free bag of free like it was a solid bag too. It was like edibles and pre rolls. Shout out to Grass you know, if you're on the West side, like look out for their events next year. I hope I play one of them.
Speaker 3: I was able to play.
Speaker 1: They did a few last year. I played two or four last year I think three four. Yeah, I know he played it, but yeah, a lot of fun, a lot of fun. That was a good four to twenty minute So definitely gonna make Dave come fee isn't feeling if he's feeling.
Speaker 3: Up to it that day fifty fifty. Then next we had Summer Malvin.
Speaker 1: It is where we met our new partner. So if you haven't checked her out, Summer Sky, She's going to see her a lot more on the podcasts. You know, sul Be stuck with us mainly on the The wakem Bank. Sorry, but it'll be joined by Summer, who has so much to say, such a great perspective on this industry experience. You know, we even talked about that off camera that like she has that perspective of like how cannabis is, and like we go back and forth and you know she you know, when we say advocate, educating, inspire, I believe Summer aligns with those and oh yeah, most definitely really awesome. So we met her and shout out to Melanie as well as a great episode you know in marijuana branding and all that, obviously shout out her, but I just want to shout out Summer Summer Underscore Sky four wise just because you're me searing more on the podcast and she has so much to bring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, absolutely we she We did a lot with her out on Abdy Biscond. It was actually it was a great first time like on an event doing a bunch of interviews. She knows so many people in the industry. She was cooking us up with multiple people interested in interviews that we're planning for going into twenty five. Obviously you probably see January, February, March, you know, yeah, so on and so forth. But it was great. She's gonna be a great asset. Uh so again out summer. Thank you for joining us, and could be more proud.
Speaker 1: It's crazy that we only met that long ago, because I feel like we've connected and I know, right, is really cool?
Speaker 3: What six months seven months ago, not even.
Speaker 1: And like going ont of that was end of spring, going into June's this was like when like events started going crazy. Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Michigan became the more cannabis market. I remember I think from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe Jim May. It was a tough time for me personally. I kind of don't really remember. Made a Junish that's when. Yeah, that was a rough time for me. So I was like, we didn't do any like episodes anybody love No, that makes sense, But yeah, we skipped over there, we got into events, we got canned, we.
Speaker 3: Had cannabis, We met Canody now we met him.
Speaker 1: We were trying to get.
Speaker 3: We met him previously, Scottie.
Speaker 1: For dealing with us too, because like we were really trying to get him the podcast forever and he was just like back and forth and trying to get him set up. But then we actually did get him on this year. I felt like we connected. Loved his what he has knowledge in the solving game.
Speaker 3: So knowledgeable.
Speaker 1: Still love that Lilac Cookies still in our favorites.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean to be honest, A lot of the stuff that he pumps out is like fire, and like you see it with the awards that they wins. I love the how his team operates, small knit team. He's very knowledgeable, like you said, groovy, like he knows the ship and he's looking for the best collapse out there.
Speaker 1: And what I love about Scotty too is during this like I feel like Solventless Rush where everyone was trying to get on the bandwagon even though they weren't beforehand. Like all the people who were doing solventless before shout out like they've been doing it because this is what I believed in, right, But that's why I love Scotty because he believed in it. He likes how clean he get his solvents he likes that. He he believes in his product, and honestly, that's why I believe his product so much. And then that's why you know what I mean, like especially because we were even on that solving less kick, and then like, be honest, I never lost live resence. It was just hard for me to then go to find the right quality because when you know, it was really hard to find quality live resience during that whole rush of like CRC crap, right, But then I found Scotty. He doesn't do cr cs. You know, there's still like you know, you know, True North, and there's other brands out there, right, not saying all of them, but he came in like just the right time.
Speaker 3: No, honestly, he he does. And I want to give a shot out to his back. His edibles, he does vapes, and he does those rocks, right, those bunts yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, those cigars.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Like he's got a wide variety of product and all of them are really good. I like the edibles a lot though. Ten milligrams circle I ethos all the time, straight up, those are really tasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. And then thanks yeah, and actually, you know, it just popped up as the lower third through Scotty. We met Tyler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and we had Tyler come on and he gave us a whole.
Speaker 2: He's Tyler, So.
Speaker 1: Tyler, let's do that game?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Stat? He actually might be the guest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got you?
Speaker 3: What did I say?
Speaker 1: Stat? I guess that's fine, that's fine. I'm just I guess I'm not a doctor. You're right. I was like, oh shit, yeah, that's people say no.
Speaker 3: But he just knows his strains, he knows the terpenes, he knows the cannabin noise. He can talk to you about it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can see that.
Speaker 3: And that's why I respect and I really appreciate talking to him and having conversation with him because he you see the the care.
Speaker 1: The kinship. Because that care, you know, it goes forward, you know. I feel like if Tyler's gonna work for a team, it's gonna because of they care. So Chyle, absolutely check out kinship. They got soft was the exit one eighty seven was the last one I think I had that. Yeah, that she was.
Speaker 3: He's got white right, He's got a new one crypto coming out, and a couple other ones as well too. I have to look at my text to see.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know what Actually one of the episodes came up after here before. Actually we jump into like the summer events and summer stuff real quick. I just want to shout out this was one of the first times we did this, and I think we should run these back more. Maybe try to do maybe once a month there once every other month. Day We're Day. Kid taught me a lesson and he taught me how to German eate the seeds.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Yeah, it was a.
Speaker 1: Cool episode because I mean, I think enjoy like thoroughly. I had questions to ask, like like I actually was like what you know what I mean? And you were like, okay, let me process how to explain this to Layman's storms and you know, so I feel like for people who are new and don't want a German seeds, So that's a good episode to check out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a fun one. That was fun. And then we also did our top ten tips for recommending recommendations for visiting a dispo, and then I wanted to go backwards. We did have Tyler from Exotic Matter Ins Olympics on, which was a fun event. Not a fun event I didn't go to the event, but a fun episode because this Olympics competition. We've been talking about competitions. It is a really good competition. It's only flowering Rosin and only twenty four entries for each so it's very up there. Not everyone can enter. So I thought that was cool and then now, yeah, got up, it's cool. I just want to go through those.
Speaker 1: Two No, Tyler, Tyler to Tyler, No, that's that's yeah, Tyler. Did you wait? Who did you say, Tyler?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Exotic? Yeah, well that's what. No, I'm sorry, that's why I thought you said. But just to reshot him out. He did see him a couple of times this year because we saw him at the Olympics both events, right, because then that the first one we saw him out. What was that at Well, he just came on.
Speaker 3: Oh that was like bring your best DAB event.
Speaker 1: I think that's what I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I was like, there was two events, That's what I was trying to remember. So we when we brought him on, it was promotes the Olympics, but we also talked about bring your best dat. Sorry, that's what I want to bring up to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was great and I think the Tallyman won that with known That's when.
Speaker 1: Bring your best event was I just want to shut him out, like, why we're before we got into the summer. It was just because that was the first time I think we went to Brooklyn. No, wasn't.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe second Canadoy, He's the first ever party was at the Brooklyn that Saint Patty's. They would oh, cana baby, cannabab What did I say, canno by Canna bay have yes?
Speaker 1: No? No?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Oh? Really okay, well either way, no, just shout out to the Brooklyn because that's always a fun event for campus events. And that's where we did Olympics at as well.
Speaker 3: I think that was in twenty three. It was their first event.
Speaker 1: Well, just when you were saying, tylerm like, what was the other event, I want to shout out that was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't get to go the Olympics. You actually read an award at those Olympics this year. This was really cool in summer. Yeah, and summer that's right.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, and then we had some cool summer events. I mean I was trying to shout out the Homie Camp Collective out in Boston. That was fun. There was cannabis, tried some weed and dads from Maine. Maine had some fire hash frozen. I tried some edibles from like somewhere else, I don't know. There was stuff all over from the East Side mass stuff over there that was cool. There was two big cloud events I think we did or one this year, then.
Speaker 3: One or two big clubs want in like September.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm trying to I know, I'm trying to think I'm blanking on which ones they were called though, because I've done a few and they're all kind of blanding together. Because I really do love these big cloud events. I want to shout them out. Oh the Cure Cup was the cuer Cup this year? Yeah, yeah, it was a Cure Cup. I played this year. I didn't. Yeah, it was like two years ago I played the Cure Cup or something, and then I played this year. That was awesome. And then Summer and Smokeout Date went to that one. That was awesome. That was the sweet That was more metrics stuff. We got the due judging. Yeah, shout out the honey Shout out to Honeycomb. Else. It was fun judging. It was fun doing like I got to play a gig. The stage was awesome. Most subs were selling element fies or shilly shout out summer and smoke out. That's such a great event up in the up you did the Boston Okay, that that was Those were the main cannabis ones that I could think of. I just wanted to make sure I got them all. I couldn't. I couldn't remember, honestly, I thought there was one more we did. Do we do one more? I don't know either way, just shout out big, oh, yeah, there we go, there we go. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: I know that we did the first live stream and then or not the first live stream, but the live stream with the on site recording, which then we used later for the Meat Connect Puff event at the Lincoln Factor, which would be pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I guess his Olympics was the one I was thinking of two, But that was also that was more closer to that. Wasn't that September or September actually though?
Speaker 3: Yes, right whereas I left for Italy that there's like.
Speaker 1: A summer fall we're in right now? So is that era? So? But yeah, they were all great events, man. I really enjoyed every single one of those events.
Speaker 3: I just named that we had Harry Bearishan oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Puff going into the Meetconnect Puff three. I think we were at Lincoln Factory. I think that was three, but either way, Lincoln October.
Speaker 3: Yes it was. And that's when we did not live on site record, which is fun, which will be excited to do.
Speaker 1: That when we were about earlier with who knows that we re released recently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're just flies by. Really no, it really does. Especially when you look at the episodes you kind of like remember like, oh shit, okay, okay, yeah, so yeah, shout out to Harry. He's got that Facebook grip MI Canna pros and he'll be doing on a Meekoneck Puff event. I think it's June of this year, so stay tuned.
Speaker 1: That's actually right when we met High nine took yep.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Franz and the team over there. He's got the he's got the High nine right there. And it is a healthy drink, honestly, and it's not not too many sugars nothing, no sugars actually, so it's healthy, real juice, real juice. MI can cast code cool, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We'd more recast more recaps and then oh Jenny, hey, Jenny, shout out Jenny Hot Hot Jenny from Heavyweight Heads.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a good episode too.
Speaker 1: Check it out, ig she's the fam got just saw her at Piscion so we actually read are So that was cool on a good episode.
Speaker 3: That was fun. It was a good, good experience. Learned what she does with Heavyweight Ahead and some of their how they do some of their their licenses with genetics out of other states, which I thought was pretty cool. I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and right after that that's actually a man. Scottie and Tyler are at the same time. We talked about collaborations in the industry and how powerful collaborations can be, you know, because they're bringing two expertise together, it gets even better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, And I think that's where you see some of some of these best products that hit the market that people talk about, is these collabs because they're so highly allocated because there's only so much of it. Is this string going to be grown again? Is it not gonna be grown again? You know what I'm saying. There's so many different factors. Is it grown at a certain level, We're gonna get the best turp and return on it? You know, you don't know. So when you have these great minds come together, you get some quality products. I mean some off the bat you're gonna talk about are going to be like the Lilac cookies, the Lilac diesel. These collabs that Canny does ones with Kinship and I'm blinking on the other one and the other collab or like Maddy B and east Side Alchemy, like that's a great collaborate there and everybody, Yeah, right, exactly exactly. So there's like so many good collabs out there, and when you find those.
Speaker 1: Do them all the time. It just kind of keeps it. It really does keep it fresh too, because like you know, what if you're like, oh that's a cool genetic what if I washed that? What if this? You just are collaborations in the industry. I Also it's like the best marketing you could ever do. Because one person knows this one and likes this one, they're probably by this is croxy gonna give you a chance.
Speaker 3: There's more than a fifth percent chance, I say, they're going to go try that said product out.
Speaker 1: And it probably enjoyed lean to enjoy it, you know what I mean? Absolutely, Yeah, a big famous is a big fan time shout out to the big crew got the feature of My.
Speaker 3: Buddies released a Dirk episode Lost Coast.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah really yeah. We met Dirk out a couple of.
Speaker 3: Summers twenty three at Biscus Yeah Biscon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, summer fault technically, yeah, I always think it's summer because it's Vegas.
Speaker 3: We recorded like early spring and then or maybe early when.
Speaker 1: Honestly, now he's one of our newest parts twenty that's all I got. So I really see the impact. They're developing relationships and really love Dirk and the whole team. Got to meet everyone. It's really fun and they're doing great things that that spray is not just for cannabis, and it's amazing what he can do.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely correct, man, And it's changing the vegetable game out there. So listen to that episode you'll get what I'm saying, organic food for everybody. So can't beat that. So yeah, shoutut to Dirk and the family over there with Loast Coast plant therapy. Hit me with it, groovy. What's next?
Speaker 1: What I mean? Really we announce it looks like cro Opctober and announcing summer summer was our official joining the team because now it's like end of October, early November. Oh yeah. And then now early November, that's when we had Grace. We talked to Grace, talked about how things are over in DC as well as Maryland.
Speaker 3: Yep, which is an interesting market, a crazy market.
Speaker 1: I crazy market because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just a crazy stuff going on there. And I highly recommend you take a listen to that because there's like five legal shops and two hundred opinion because.
Speaker 1: I think that that can be perceived multiple ways depending on how you look at it. So that was a that was a very interesting subject.
Speaker 3: Conversayeah, no, no, honestly, it was because.
Speaker 1: You feel bad for one way and then you also understand the other way. But then you like when you hear about c A things being on things like that's when you're like, all right, well that's just not cool.
Speaker 3: So I agreed. And then we end the year with two great interviews. The last one or the first one was Ryan Besor, founder of Redemption and the Redemption Fund, and what he does for commissaries for people in jail for weed related offenses. He literally donates money out of every sale of his stuff, right off the top, not even like after all he pays everything, It comes off the top, which is like unbelievable of how much stuff that they do giving back And I love his story here and how he went you know, he went to federal prison and then came out, got into cannabis lawmaking and then our meeting with lawmakers and stuff like that, and eventually, you know, redemption got launched. So much love to that. Yeah, and then also then we had our first lab on a shot to Sky COO of Cairo's Labs. That was a great interview. Learned a lot about testing, the procedures they go through, some false positives, false negatives we learned about.
Speaker 1: It's really cool to hear about testing, especially in the new where we're still developing standards and still figuring out and where nothing's been standardized, but they're trying their best to figure it out. So really cool. Sky's a pro. Definitely like what they're doing over there, Cairo Slabs, so being in touch with them and really like just just really really great learning here. You know, you know, made a lot more connections, like we were even talking about when you were at Bizcon, I felt like we were like actually knew some people for the first time, like you know, like really new people.
Speaker 3: And yeah, shout out to Mitch and h A v D and then founder of rm R and Joey. Yeah, they expect my ration and shout them both them. Uh, Mitch hooked us up with that party, and I was looking forward again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, Yeah, check respect my region. Hopefully stay in contact with them more, that's the plan, hopefully, and definitely checked them out. They were excited for new things next year. We're just trying to make you know, trying new things and trying to bring more information to the community what's going on, and just perspective from people just like you guys, you know, people who grow like and people who just love it, you know, love the plant and it's true. Yeah, we'd love to bring the conversation forward. I mean, I really just say thank you for sticking with us, and hopefully we still have a lot more to bring because I feel like we just started.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, man, I couldn't agree more with you. I want to thank everybody for watching and listen to us throughout the year, supporting us, sharing, liking, commenting, send us messages, trying our partners products, tagging us, doing the whole nine. Thank you, because without you, we wouldn't be able to continue growing, and we have been continuing to grow on all of our social channels, and we know how much of a struggle it is because we're in the cannabis uh scene, So each and every like truly means everything. So continue talking, spread it to your friends, family, if anyone's interested in cannabis. Passing along.
Speaker 1: We're gonna as my am I canic everywhere. Stay soon for the mi CC studios, blend over brand over as we figure things out.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talking more about psyched Out next year as well too, so stay tuned for that. We're culture in.
Speaker 1: General, because there's so much around this cannabis culture that people forget, like how much like it's influenced by events and music, just like so much thing that like you know, accessories, all this ancillary so that we really don't even think about. But then we realize how much we are ancillary, you know. And then if you're in electronic music, check out Groovy music Everywhere. Groovy two HEAs know why cannabis pictures and tips and probably gonna be more and more cups. Check out Canadave everywhere, which he's debating. I'm playing with his handle name because the word Canada has been just like so hated on for so long, but like we're working on it, you know, we're figuring things out, and this is who we are, So Donut Dave, Donut Dave is kind of like his alter ego he's been playing with, so he's kind of So we'll see maybe, and it's funny because it actually works like doughnut holes all cold, cold donuts and cold donuts. So I guess that's really it. And honestly, like I don't know, we're gonna stand by for next week because this kind of was the end of the year rap episode, so we're not sure. This might be the last episode.
Speaker 3: If not, we had one already recorded. Yeah first, yeah, for the first, that's for the first of the year. Yeah, next Wednesday, it was that next Is that the first?
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: Okay, then next Okay, So technically the January first is a Wednesday, which is that every day we released an episode, so that's why we went through the whole year. Today it was a Christmas that's what thankful it was everything in the one they'll coming down on Christmas.
Speaker 1: So I was trying to say, long story, long circle story is that our next episode will be with Eddie of Apex Cannabis. Great story, but really great story, some fire product, really cool human being, and honestly, yeah, I really enjoyed the product that Ice coash ice. So we're kicking out strong with a cool episode from someone you may or may not heard of yet in this industry. And that's what we're trying to do, is bring light on the people who deserve that light shine on them, not nice textele who don't. So yeah, I'm really excited to kick that off next week.
Speaker 3: Absolutely groovy and again shout out to our partners, Thank you, and we look forward to kicking off twenty twenty five strong and Groovy said everything else other thing. I got nothing else, my dude, Mary, Christmas, everyone, Happy New Year. We are going live this Saturday, nine am Eastern. Will catch us for the last live of twenty twenty four and as always Groovy, we're here to advocate, educate, and inspire to next time y'all. Peace