Speaker 1: This is WBZ, Boston's news radio, redefining local news.
Speaker 2: Eleven o'clock. We're at thirty six degrees in Boston and low and behole. The sun just popped out. We still have some lingering showers and snow showers out there, and some of you are actually shoveling in central and western Massachusetts. The eastern part of the state just dotted with some thin patches of white, but again, west of Boston saw a lot more action. Wbz's James rowhases and Lemonster with more in the snowfall there.
Speaker 3: It officially looks and sounds like winter. Cruiz here and Lemister were busy all throughout the night making sure the roads were in good enough condition for the rest of us. Jason was among those up early. Do you look forward to the season?
Speaker 4: I look forward to it because I mean I make money.
Speaker 5: Plowings up makes good, right, Yeah, yeah, with no more money moment, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: We're looking at around two to three inches of snowfall in Lemister. Jake over here says other places has got a bit more.
Speaker 6: It seems to be the what they said it was going to do. A little. West and north usually always gets more fear like Fitzburg and Torgs Gardner. It's always an inch or two or three more than here.
Speaker 3: First significant snowfall of the year in the books in Leminster. James Rojas w b Z Boston's News Right now, Yeah, learning.
Speaker 2: New details about the murder of United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson in broad Daylight in Manhattan yesterday morning. CBS is deve Katon with the very latest.
Speaker 1: The gunman was hooded and masked and used as silencer. CBS News confirms that law enforcement officials say the words denyed, defend, and depose were written on shellcasings werecovered up the scene. Former police official Rodney Harrison is a CBS News Law enforcement contributor.
Speaker 5: Phone was left behind. We believe that it may be connected to him how his face was covered, but at one point it was exposed, which it will help out with being identified through facial recognition. So listen, Is he a professional? Is he a hit man? Time will tell.
Speaker 1: Evidence from a nearby Starbucks is also being analyzed. Steve Kaithan, CBS News, New York.
Speaker 2: Amnesty International joins a course of voices accusing Israel of genocide against Palestinians in Gaza. Israel denies the allegations. Cbas As. Kenny McCormick says this all comes as ceasefire talks ramp up.
Speaker 6: At the UN. The Palestinian representative called again for a permanent ceasefire.
Speaker 3: Ethnic cleansing is being cutted out in broad daylight.
Speaker 6: The Indonesian representative cited the growing death toll.
Speaker 5: The total number of death in Gaza has surpassed the population of at least seven UN member states.
Speaker 6: The Amnesty International determination of war crimes is a first by the human rights group, which Israel today called fanatical.
Speaker 2: A health ministry now reporting more than forty four thousand Palestinians are dead in the conflict between Israel and Hamas. Here comes the sun. Cue the beatles out there, seven inches of snow and brimfield and some of us have snow envy right now, all right, just saying, Cape Cod you're getting a little bit of rain. Boy, the wind is going to howl soon on the cape is going to shake, rattle and roll and gust up to sixty miles an hour.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 2: So the real field during the daytime today in the twenties, that's cold. Don't venture out unless you're prepared tonight clear to party cloudy twenty seven. What about the real fields, acu Weather says low teens tonight Friday, mostly sunny thirty three, real fields in the teens. So this is snuggle weather. I don't know. Maybe just a pillow, a dog, a cat, whatever you got, or a nice warm coat. State Senator Nick Collins, who posts phone action on Mayor Wu's home rule tax petition this week, may try to table the bill again today when the State Senate meets an informal session on Beacon Hill will It turns out Collins has many fundraising friends in the real estate industry, in the restaurant industry, in the city which is his district, and this fall they donated more than twenty five thousand dollars to his reelection campaign. When asked by The Globe whether there was any connection between the fall fundraisers and his request to delay Mayor Wu's home rule petition, Colin said simply, No high school action goes on at Jillette, and wbz's Jim McKay breaks it down.
Speaker 4: High school football takes over jilt to Super Bowl matchups Already in the books Division six, the Hudson High RedHawks winning their firs championship in thirty three years, beating fair Haven twenty one to fourteen. Division seven Uxbridge took out Match B forty two to twenty. And we've got three super Bowls on tap for today, Division four Duxbury Insituate out of Division one Xaverian and Needham and then the Nightcap out of Division two CM taken on KP Catholic Memorial and King Philip. Three more super Bowls are on tap for Friday in Foxborough as well. Jim MCKAWBZ Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Now, if you really bundle up with a hat and the coat and the mittens, it should be no problem tonight on the Common in Boston because it is the annual tree lighting ceremony. City leaders are guests from Nova Scotia, Santa the Reindeer, the Boston Children's Choir will all be there as well. You're invited. This starts at six pm, with the actual tree lighting just before eight. And of course this goes all the way back to more than eighty years ago when there was a maritime disaster off the coast of Nova Scotia. Boston came to the aid of the Canadian friends there and they never forgot it. They give us a tree every year, forty five foot spruce, beautiful. Five thousand lights will light up tonight. You are now in the loop for news updates throughout the day. Listen to WBZ News Radio on the iHeartRadio app. I'm Laurie Kirby, WBZ, Boston's news radio