Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth, and both of us are Day four bound in the greatest poker tournament in the world, the WSP Main Event. Tim and I both bag chips for Day four. That is going to be the bulk of this episode, because why the hell not, baby, let's go. This tournament is incredible, spectacular, It is the best thing in the world and I'm thrilled to be experiencing it through today four we are going to be about fifty if the clock says fifteen spots off the money, so I trust it. You know, it hasn't moved in a little while. It did tick down right away, but says fifteen off the money. Yeah, still fifteen off the money, So that's what we're going with. So fifteen off of min cash. We'll come back for Day four on Wednesday, July ninth. We will try and work our way into the money. How many chips you got.
Speaker 2: A lot feels like a lot for may Fit today. How many tips do you have?
Speaker 3: One? Sixty eight in the bag?
Speaker 1: All right? I put two fifty in the bag. So we're coming back to eight K big bline four eight eight, and I'm sure there's tons and tons of people short, so you know, we'll see how things go. There are fourteen hundred and seventy six players remaining from the field of what nine thousand and seven hundred and thirty five Okay, the top fourteen sixty one. We'll make the money and hopefully Tim and I find ourselves in there.
Speaker 2: I'm voting every hand tomorrow. You can do me nine times in a round voting on.
Speaker 1: I will not be folding aces. You don't have to fucking pry them from my hands. Okay, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 3: I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing it. What else anything else we're gonna talk about today?
Speaker 3: Who that's got like eighteen players level?
Speaker 1: We touch on it, we'll touch on it, but we're mostly just going to be main event focused, of course, because that's what this whole damn thing is about. Right as always, Please like, subscribe, rate, review, all that sort of stuff with the podcast. Please, it really does help us grow. Okay, the more people that we can reach, the algorithms all, you know, they do their thing with all the engagement. So but you guys got to engage. Okay, you gotta like it. You gotta subscribe to the channel, you gotta leave comments, you gotta give five stars, all that sort of stuff on the YouTube channel, specifically, like the video. Subscribe to the poker YouTube channel and leave a comment as well. So that's what you gotta do. Today was a crazy day, an absolutely crazy day of poker. I don't really know where to start.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'll tell you. We're going to do it level by level. You didn't really write hands down. I wrote all my hands down level by.
Speaker 1: Normally I write all my hands down. Today I was just trying to focus as much as humanly possible.
Speaker 2: I only write it down because otherwise you would yell at me, so i'd do this for you.
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of people were yelling about your your absurd han.
Speaker 2: People say that I agree with the nines. Cool, didn't wait, when's the whole game? And how much can I buy in for? I'm what the fuck? While I was playing today, I was reminded of in the Grandery blog where he did something very similar. Now, I know, before you say a thing, I know he didn't have like the fifth knots like I did or something, but it was the same principle.
Speaker 1: But either what do you understand that you have? You have? You have what is effectively the third nuts, probably even the second nuts.
Speaker 3: Jack nine.
Speaker 1: And pocket Jack's.
Speaker 3: No, he doesn't.
Speaker 2: I don't think he has puppet Jack's. It's hard to have Jack four Jack six suited.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have Jack four and Jack six.
Speaker 2: Either way, can we let's move on day three? It's in the past, doesn't matter. I'll start it's off, okay, started with ninety a K. Would you start the day with forty seven five?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: One K two K.
Speaker 2: To start, I had one blind on blind hand right where I he rode the guy on the river with ace high.
Speaker 3: Lost that. Uh.
Speaker 2: Then I had this one that I put in the I think I put in the chat, but someone says something about calling the two pairs. So I basically had on a final board it was seven Queen nine to five Ace with running diamonds, so the seven of diamonds five and I had Ace Queen with the Queen of diamonds seven.
Speaker 1: Quick. I hate how you don't say it in order seven Queen nine your top two.
Speaker 2: It goes running diamonds When I have the Queen of diamonds. He opens fifty five hundred. I call, comes, queen, where are the positions middle position?
Speaker 3: I didn't write him down.
Speaker 1: Understand the positions are extremely important, like very important.
Speaker 2: The queen the queen seven nine two spade board, okay, and you check it back and I bet seven k okay. He calls, turn is the five of diamonds. So two diamonds, two spades, eighty six. Gets say this guy was that cash game guys something aby that was just done. He's playing every hand? Uh, he checks. I checked river is the ace of diamonds. Why did you check the turn rivers as diamonds? He bets twenty three to five call. I called no, But I was like, well, I have the Queen of diamonds? Should I just move all in here?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: I mean either way?
Speaker 3: I called he had king six of spades.
Speaker 2: And then that was kind of my only hands for that level that were of note. I ended up going from ninety AK to one hundred and thirteen K. Do you have anything from level one?
Speaker 1: I can't remember when I pulled my big bluff. I don't know if it was in level one or not. Oh level one, I doubled up as jack to as ten okay, button raised? What was the big one and level one today? Two ko okay button minute, button raised. I jammed from the small blind with ah jack of hearts. He called on the button. I beat ace ten. It came ten high with two hearts turned jack. So okay, that was that was it for the level. When you finish the level with you, I mean I could look it up well.
Speaker 2: The second the next level is where it uh, it gets all tricky for me.
Speaker 1: Oh, it gets tricky for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I had one hand where against that same guy.
Speaker 1: I finished the first level of seventy eight thousand. Okay, sorry, almost doubled my stack.
Speaker 3: He limbs the small blind, I check a three.
Speaker 2: Hats in the big he limbs the small blind. I check a three hots to the loss of it. I had raised that I had raised ace king from the big pup comes nine king three two spades, he checks.
Speaker 3: I bet five.
Speaker 1: K nine king three. Yeah, continue, I.
Speaker 2: Bet five k's fifteen hundred three thousand. He calls turns the ac and diamonds. So two diamonds, two spades, he checks. I bet fifteen into ten six nineteen. He calls rivers the deuce of clubs.
Speaker 3: He checks.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, should I bet for value like twenty five K, or should I just like bomb this on him. I just went a twenty five K tank for like three minutes unfolded. But the big hand that kind of messed me up, and that really, like, I probably haven't been this tilted in a long time. I'm just gonna skip the entire hand histry and get to the fop. It comes Jack high one heart. I mean, it's just I'm just that's just in a bit of the matters, Jack high one heart. I bet you should have queens small blind check raises all in other guy folds. I call with queens. He is king Jack of Hearts goes running hearts. So I would have had one hundred and eighty K, but I'm down to seventy and then I lose. I kind of try and take I take it to the streets with my eighteen bigs or with a center clubs against ace King, and I followed the flop. So I finished the level at thirty six K. So I'm basically heading into the two K four K with nine bigs and I'm just like the.
Speaker 1: First level, by the way, was twenty five hundred big blind you're right.
Speaker 2: You're right, it was one K twenty five hundred. But I just think is the stupiest level because it should be fifteen hundred twenty five hundred. It's totally dumb because we do a three to five, so that makes sense. So I basically finished the second level the day, and when I have nine bigs, I'm pretty steamed. And like, if you watch the video though Antonio took a video posted on my Instagram, maybe I can send it to Richie can put it here. The river company goes running hearts and like, I have no reaction. I just pay the guy inside. I want to punch him in the face, but like wherever he had top pair and the back of the flush, it's fine.
Speaker 3: But like you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying though, Like I just was think inside was blowing up, but I was like, nice hand. Do you remember it was level two at the level with the big big the big hand the bluff, Yeah, I'll have with the other big hand.
Speaker 3: That was level two.
Speaker 1: That was not level two, Okay, that was level three, I think. Okay, I opened nine to seven of spades from the low ja the big blind calls this guy in the big blind, was I would deem as petrified of bustree. It comes Ace King seven rainbow, He checks, I bet twenty five percent. He calls turns. The Queen puts two hearts on board. He checks, I bet sixty five percent. He calls rivers a six, no flush straw, he checks, I go on for one hundred and twenty percent pot. He tanks for a little while and folds.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a value bed bottom pair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, value bed. First of all, it was second to the second to bottom pair. His hand is captive like an ace. He never has ace King, Ace Queen. I mean maybe sometimes he has Jack ten and I just run into it, but I mean, so be it. I block his good two pairs A seven and King seven. I block the only set that he can have pocket sevens. I have all the Ace King, Ace, Queen, Aces, kings, et cetera. So it's fine.
Speaker 2: Third level of the day two K four K. I have nine bigs. I get down to six and a half bigs. But I'm just like, this is the main event. I don't need to just you see so many people like just like giving up and just to take twenty bigs. I don't feel like you can just fight a little harder for like what you have left, right. I don't mind losing or getting knocked out. I just don't want to give my chips away, if that makes sense, you know. I get down to six and a half bigs. I shove with King nine of Spades, I win. This is two K four K four K, I shove King Jack win. I shove a three hearts on the small one. When shove King Queen of Diamonds, I win, shove a six I win.
Speaker 1: Dang, you just shoving everything?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just yeah, I'm sure. And then I get a hand where it's finally there's an open and a call.
Speaker 1: Yim, I'm not going to give it away. Let me just go all in every year.
Speaker 2: You tell me you wouldn't do all these with these hands when you have ten bigs around there with you. Then I get an open call and I and I squeeze ace king the King nine calls comes nine on the flop, but ace.
Speaker 3: On the turn.
Speaker 2: So I was like, and then I had another part with kings versus.
Speaker 3: So here's this. I make it eighty five hundred in the cutoff.
Speaker 1: How many blinds do you have? Why do you make it an eighty five hundred. It's okay, just make it eight K. No, I like a little I like to how many blinds do you have?
Speaker 3: Like a little juice.
Speaker 2: I think I have twenty one bigs min raise, Now I like charging some juice.
Speaker 1: Why do you put it? Why do you waste an extra half a big blind you have? You'd only have twenty one big blinds. You need to you need to play your big blinds accordingly.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm trying to get the extra half a blind fifty just min raised, Dude, I don't like men raising eighty five hundred with kings cut off. Big blind calls what is queen? Six four rainbow? So it's six K? Who I do calls? Turner is an ace check check, River is a repeat six. And this is where I kind of got lost sizing wise. I didn't know if I want to go big or go small. He checked, he checks, I just went with ten. He calls with a queen. I win that I'm up to one thirteen, play a couple other hands, and I end up finishing the level.
Speaker 3: Head to din.
Speaker 2: That's dinner break right, head to dinner break with eighty K. So that's gonna be basically sixteen BIG's the next level. Now you can tell us about y'all.
Speaker 1: Well, first I want to tell you about this hand that happened in this level at my table, because this is like guy in early position plus two. He makes it a K at four K I call with pocket sixes from the hijack seat. The cutoff makes it thirty thousand, so it was ak call. The guy makes it thirty thousand. The first razor calls, I get out of the way with the sixes. It comes Jack nine to eight with two hearts, Jack nine hearts eighted diamonds check twenty five thousand, eighty five thousand call. I'm like, what the fun I'm like, what is happening? Turn is a black three. This guy jams for like effectively two hundred k. Yeah, like there are two hundred or two twenty five or something. This other guy tanks for eight minutes, finally gets the clock called on him and calls with king jack and the other guy has Queen ten off. So the guy opened early position with Queen ten off and called a big three bet flop the goods and then gets this guy with top pair, so lucky just absolutely hand a six hundred K pot to him. So that happened at my table, and I was just sitting there like with my fucking jaw on the floor of what in the world just fucking happened? Then, you know, I chip up kind of nicely to like, I don't know, one hundred and sixty or so, and then it goes guy unto the gun makes it. He goes all in at what level? Was this five K? This is the five K level?
Speaker 3: Right? Yes?
Speaker 1: No, this is the going into He goes all on under the gun for sixty seven thousand. I'm next to act with two queens six and sixty K. I call it folds to this player, Mike Camiso. I believe he is how you say his name, good, good player, solid player. He moves on for like one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, he can do this with Ace King. I I think he does this with Jack's probably, I don't know, it's probably close. Definitely does it with Ace King. Though it folds back to me. I obviously call he's got kings. The guy who jammed on the gun has got nines and a queen on the river bank three hundred and sixty K pot.
Speaker 2: And then you tweeted anymore, he tweeted, and then you said you played well.
Speaker 1: He did play well. He played really well. I mean, he just gotta look at there, What are you gonna do? I have never I'm dead serious. I have never felt so fucking sure that I was hitting a fucking queen my life. I fucking knew that queen was coming. I just willed it right out there.
Speaker 2: Boom, I'm getting crushed on the rivers. You're just fucking spiking two out as.
Speaker 1: Let then I play this hand right before the break against this kid who busted, and I thought he played his hand. Not that I'm gonna do anything, but like I open Jack ten suited, he calls big blind. It comes Jack seven to three, Jack seven, hearts three of clubs. He checks. I bet, he check raises me. I call turn. Is the king of clubs putting two clubs. There's two hearts on board. Jack seven, hearts three of clubs, and then the king of clubs on the turn. He checks. I checked back. I thought if he had turned clubs then he would bet again, but he checks, so I didn't think he had clubs to turn, like some additional equity, like I thought if he had a hand like like four or five clubs for example, something like that that's like a gutter plus a backdoor flush straw. Then maybe he check raises and then barrels off if he gets a good card. So he checks turn, I check back. River is a jack of clubs, so I make trips. He bets like slightly over pot. I mean I have trips. I call he's got six three of clubs, so I didn't. I thought he would turn the equity and continue to bet his hand, but he did. So I lost that big pot and I went into dinner break with three hundred and.
Speaker 3: Three thousand, so many chips.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of chips. So what else you got?
Speaker 2: So you have three or three yep, I'm a star. I have eighty K, right yeah, So then it comes back as three K, five K. I have sixteen bigs. I get to double pretty quickly. I blind down to sixty seven K. New player opens fours Irishove Ace Queen of Hearts hit an Ace. Couldn't see it was I was in. I couldn't see the flop, like the dealer was kind of like leaning over and blocking it. But I was looking at him and he did like he like dropped his head. So I was like, all right, I must hit something. And then I got to the turn, then I could finally see the ace on the flop and then basically that take, and then I moved tables into the ballroom with you, I guess seated with Phil Wark and J. C. Tran So chatting a bit with J. C. Tranbo the studio and stuff. And this table though, had so many goddamn chips. We went from like having an average of like one fifty two hundred on my first table to first guy had Phil Lack had like two fifty. Second seat had a million, next guy had six hundred K. J C. Chan had six hundred K. Guy on my left had six hundred. Everyone had chips. It was like I was like, oh God, but yeah, that that penultimate level was just nothing really happened for me getting in that double to one forty seven and end up finishing the level with one oh eight.
Speaker 3: Nothing really true that level.
Speaker 1: After dinner, I got Clemens Reuter Crusher won the Monsters Stack this year. He was talking about how he's like Fader holds by his pieces of him and like coaches him and like all the shit cool. He's really good he's got a bazillion chips. Guy next to him I think was James O'Connell or O'Connor, I forget his name. Believe he was British, very good, had a crap ton of ships. This other guy at my table had a crap ton of chips. The guy who had the Queen ten, Yeah, he had like a fucking one point one million. Eric Bunch is in between me and that guy, and he's got like eight or nine hundred K, And these guys are just playing like two hundred K pots every fucking hand. So I'm just like literally just like getting dels out. I'm just like, fine, you guys, do whatever you want to do. But then there's this hand that goes Clemens Reuter opens for twelve k or sorry, this was the next level? Are we skipping ahead? You can, guy, go ahead to the next level. I'm like, I'm bouncing around between like two fifty and three hundred. I tried. I tried one bluff against the good British guy. He picked it off with second pair. It seems pretty standard that he should call I had jack hye, so I felt like I had the bluff whatever. But I'm going between like two fifty and three hundred. Well, these guys are all playing ridiculous pots. But Clemens Ruder makes it twelve k. The good British kid makes it thirty two. The other guy, I think he was British too, he makes it eighty Like what the hell is happening? Folds back to well Clemens Broider gets out of the way. The other guy that makes it one seventy five.
Speaker 3: This guy calls so many chips.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, what is going on? So this guy calls it comes nine six five with two clubs? Did this guy jams all in for three twenty? And this guy immediately goes like, oh I got I got two overs in a flush straw. What the fuck is happening? Like he has to have Ace Carry's Queen of clubs, and he's like he starts tanking forever. And the other guy's like laughing because he's just like all in. He's like whatever, like my tips are a risk and fuck it is. This guy's like he's like, can I show my hand? And so then the deer like didn't really answer, but the dealer didn't speak good English, so we were all kind of like, no, you can't show your hand like, and he's like, well, could you call the floor? So we call the floor the floor and floorman Nate comes over and he's like, can I show my hand? Guy, and he's like, no, you can't.
Speaker 3: Show your hand. Nate's like the biggest ass ale, but in the best way.
Speaker 1: I know. He's like he's like, no, you can't show your hand. You get a penalty, and then walked away, you know, in the funny stay. I don't know if you know his wife. His wife is Jessica. She he's the one that kind of runs all the dealers. She's the really small she is maybe the nicest person. So he is like a dig to play is but I love him and she's like the nicest.
Speaker 3: It's just like, you know, there's the yin Yang of all couples.
Speaker 1: So this guy goes into the tank for like three four minutes. Finally Clemens Reuter says, I'm gonna call the clock on you in one minute, okay. So then this guy says, you can just call right now because I'm not doing anything. And then Eric Bunch goes all right, clock, and then the guy goes, actually, I'm gonna call it on myself clock. So we get the floor over. It was the female floor. She comes over, Mamie, I don't want any of the Well, there's only one female floor. I think, No, there's Shamie, there's Angela. There's another one. In the morning. This one had her hair up in a ponytail, and the other one had her hair down today.
Speaker 3: That's Shamie.
Speaker 1: The one had her hair down. No, this was the other one. Then. So anyway, she comes over and she's like, all right, who's the clock on? Has he had sufficient time? Blah blah? And they're like yes, and then she goes. She goes, she looks at the clock. She's like, okay, you have you have what? You have thirty seconds? She's like, who called the clock or some something like that, and the guy says, I called it on myself. So she goes, okay, you have ten seconds if you called it on yourself. Ten nine eight. She counted that fast and hit one. I was like, We're all like, what the hell just happened? And then she like she got to one, she's like, your hand's dead. She walked off. I was like, what's going on? These guys trying it's like this. I'm pretty sure she did not look at the size of the pot. I mean the pot was freaking enormous, So anyway, it was just it was funny and the other guy showed.
Speaker 3: His aces hands in that level or not nothing you said.
Speaker 1: No, I just I bluffed off once. Yeah that's it. I made a full house, got one call on the flop guy full of turn. I mean whatever, no, no, nothing really happened. I kind of just want some small pots to kind of stay afloat.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that was it. Best hand back for three six me. I had eighty eight K, sorry not first, n first whatever. Orbit under the gun makes a twelve K. The chip leader goes thirty four K and the hijack I jam eighty eight K with ace king fold. He calls with eights. I hit that, so I'm up to one ninety seven my peak. Bang, I'm peaking, man.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: A couple orbits go past. I open Ace Queen on the gun plus one. I take it down. I open Ace Queen of clubs. The next hand twelve K, but a new player Rana Lannie. He finished second in the three K. I checked because I was like, who is this guy's I hate him already after this super agro is yeah he is I opened a twelve k under the gun. He calls the cutoff, and the big Blind calls flop is ten? Ten douce with one club. Queen of clubs, big wine checks. I check, he bets fourteen k.
Speaker 1: Sorry start started the handover twelve.
Speaker 2: K under the gun. Ace Queen of Clubs Rana Lannie calls cutoff. Big Bind calls, you're under gun. Okay, pop is ten?
Speaker 1: Tend you have one hundred and ninety, so you have thirty two big ones I have.
Speaker 2: I just won the handy for us. It was probably two or something. Yeah, so you've over thirty. It comes ten douce with one club. Okay, I check, Big one checks, I check. Ran A LANNEI betts fourteen thousand, big Onine files. I call, okay, turn seven of clubs check check where is the eight eight of hearts? I check if it's forty one thousand? Basically the full part. I'm thinking, like I'm thinking legitimately back cling with Ace Queen high here like maybe it's got Queen Jack King Queen.
Speaker 1: I can't you you can't.
Speaker 3: I don't think that lot.
Speaker 2: I don't spend too much time thinking, but this one I was actually this was a real consideration.
Speaker 3: I'm serious, real considerable.
Speaker 1: This is not even a considerate it is.
Speaker 3: It's not in the streets. I'm playing with the second place.
Speaker 1: Listen, you need to understand the the place in time of a tournament. Okay, when you're when you're playing for chips, it's entirely different than when you're starting to play ICM. And right now we're in the ICM world.
Speaker 3: Now I'm trying to I'm trying to bag a million.
Speaker 1: If you're trying to bag a million, no, stop you getting the money. Okay, it's it's ICM world now. Okay, so this is still like what's still eighty from the money?
Speaker 2: We're not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't matter. You should You should start playing like like as like as the field gets smaller, your your ICM considerations should go up.
Speaker 3: You're probably star though too early.
Speaker 1: No, you should start ICM like when there's like seventy five percent people left in the field.
Speaker 2: Well, that's when I there's a hand tofall of this. But anyway, I thinking for maybe two minutes max. He calls the clock. I've never had the clock call him in my life. The fall comes out of It's like has you had long enough time.
Speaker 1: You know I have had it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, no, I fucking haven't had a long enough time.
Speaker 2: Let me think with ace high and he goes, okay, thirty seconds and my hand got counted down, and I asked him off for the thing.
Speaker 3: What do you think he had? Actually ten? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Seven eight, two clubs, two spades. What do you think he had cold in the cut off, he had probably I don't know, seven hundred k at that time.
Speaker 1: I mean he could have had Do you play his bluffs of like queen Jack, but you blocked that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Maybe king Jack, king queen ace jack like stuff I block spade.
Speaker 2: He could have spades, You could have jack nine, You could have spades, could have jack nine, could have a ten?
Speaker 3: Would you call? Would you play it? You would play exactly the same way, except just snapfold river or bluff river. Maybe you might bluff river.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not gonna bluff river. My hand's got too much showed on. I might bet, like you might bet turn. I might block bet the river to get the show it down.
Speaker 3: I asked him afterwards. He said I had ten eighted diamonds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a river to pair. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So and then he had a lot of chips. I had the one of the chip leaders in the two seat at J C. Tran that doesn't give a fuck about anything. And then the guy on my left between me and JC that was like an old man coffee but with nine hundred thousand and was playing King five off suit for lots of chips.
Speaker 3: So these guys were.
Speaker 2: All playing hands and like playing him to the river, and like it was great because I just got to sit back.
Speaker 3: But I did have I sent you that hand.
Speaker 1: There was a hand at my table. Listen to this hand. It's it's the big stack that had the Queen ten. He's got like, well he lost that hand where he ran into the aces. And then then he plays this hand. It's Clemens Reuter where he opens to twelve K at three K six K folds to Clemens Rouyder in the big line. He's like, how much do you have? And the guy shows, I mean the guy's got like seven hundred. Clemens covers. Clemens makes it ninety of the big one, twelve twelve, he makes it ninety out of the big blind. This guy calls it comes, it comes King four deuce. I mean, it's obvious that Clemens Ruder has like aces here like one hundred percent of the time, like he doesn't if he makes it like a normal three bet, this guy's gonna flat position. It's going to be a headache for Clemens. So you just go as big as you possibly can. So he goes ninety. This guy calls it comes King four deuce with two diamonds, and Clemens like bets turn us, betts flop, Betts turn and then the river. I think when or he might have bet the river and the guy folded or maybe when oh when check check on the river. I mean, what is King four deuce or sorry king four three, five six seven. But the flesh I didn't come in and the guy had a king.
Speaker 3: It had j C.
Speaker 2: Chrann opened ron Alani small three, but Jayce Trent just splashes the pot with one hundred k ryn is a call like they just throwing chipsround. But uh, I had one spot that you know, speaking of ICM, I think I texted you and Jeff raised un the gun from riis on the gun plus one from Ron called next to act and you're in cut off with twenty eight bigs with pocket eights. What happened another gun plus one two bigs. Yeah, next guy calls and I had pocket eights in the cutoff. Twenty eight bigs call. Okay, that's why I remember I texted. I was like, all pairs callable here? Well not, I felt like, but that's where I was like, well, now.
Speaker 1: You probably call eight nine's tens, jacks, fold, sevens and lower because I.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh, we were probably at this point fifty or sixty from the money. So I was like, is this the time where I'm just going to start just tighten up a little bit with you know, twenty eight bigs. I mean yes, if I ended up folding. Actually it was funny. It came what I did fold because I was unsure. That's when I texted you, I'm not going to text you before I do action. It came ACE four eight just on your phone. It was like, it came ACE four. I got a funny hand with that ACE four ace. It ends up being three hands, like a bat call turn something, bat call river eight that whatever.
Speaker 3: She made it. But I had this one hand.
Speaker 2: Speaking of sizing up your prefault raisers that you don't like, I got downe aces and Ron and Laney was in the big line and like everyone's been making it twelve.
Speaker 3: Even I had made it twelve. I made it fifteen. But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, even I had made it twelve, but then I get aces, and I make it fifteen. Bro, you are an outraged I don't know how you have chips? How does anyone give you any fucking chips in the servis? What the hell are you doing?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: Just make it twelve? You have aces.
Speaker 2: He's on the fire I raised. He's like this on the phone. I'm like, should I tell the dealer Achilles, am.
Speaker 1: You should have? You should have? Because he called the clock on your eyes. You should have been like that hand's dead.
Speaker 2: He looks, and then he's still on the phone like this, but I'm not sure if he's on the final listening to something like looks looks look and then he followed says like yeah. But so anyway, not much happened for me in the lost two levels. Not much happened for him in the last level.
Speaker 1: But I finished with I basically folded yeah for an entire level, watching these animals play these ridiculous pots.
Speaker 2: I finished with one and sixty eight K, which is twenty one bigs. You finished with twenty one big. We're about thirty one point two fifty thames from the money, and we'll say, let's see if we have some chip counts, then we can see where we kind of rank against the field.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm seeing on poker news. That's wrong, Matt Oh, the.
Speaker 3: Chips are in, okay. Donald Peters is sitting No, look.
Speaker 1: At the go to the I just want to see the top the top stacks.
Speaker 2: You don't want to finish wrapping us up first, No care, We're okay. Shitaro Kobayashi two million, Sam.
Speaker 1: Guess where he's from?
Speaker 3: Japan.
Speaker 1: What I'm telling you, The Japanese players are taking over the.
Speaker 2: World, Sam, Jacob be WIT's one point Juliet she finished, she was at the final table one point seven, Thomas s Wasburg one point seven, David Alberto.
Speaker 1: Max champion in this. Yeah, they have them up here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I the fact that these are in makes me think that these are good and that's.
Speaker 1: Not Yeah, but they have them in an assorted end of vision.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, but like this is obviously going through. So if the dealers are putting you in, I kind of believe this is a bit more.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think I believe this.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, Max Newberger knew Halberger or something was europe champion. He was one of the leaders on pocones. Alex Linsky your boy, Oh Kangaroo, he bagged a lot of chips. Johann Schumacher bagged a lot of ships.
Speaker 3: It doesn't say like where you rank it sit me from.
Speaker 2: She just says I'm third of the Timothys, Like it should say like the three And there should be another column that says.
Speaker 1: Like a Victor Blom has nine hundred and eighty six from I Love It, Nate Silver five seven, Greg Merson five sixty, Damien Salas for eighty, Dylan Lindy one ninety five, Donnie Peters two fifty. Well they put they changed my photo to make me have like my America shirt.
Speaker 2: I have chip counts for my table. I am if it's not surprise the shortest start. Oh no, I'm not you and Joy is shorter than me. But I have dung channel on my left with one point two million, so that's gonna be a fun spot.
Speaker 1: But who do I who go to my table? Do you see my table or non sick because my phone?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we know your phone's over there. No, I cannot go to your table. Actually, don't worry about it. Yeah, do you know what table you have? You remember?
Speaker 1: No, I don't remember for eighty six or something like that.
Speaker 3: I can't check it.
Speaker 1: Who cares, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I kind of just want to see where I rank according to chip Countslin.
Speaker 1: You're fine, what do you What do you have again?
Speaker 3: What was scrolling here? You're not top five hundred.
Speaker 1: There's going to be a bunch of people that are really really short too. Fifty You go to the bottle allay to the bottom eight seventy one. Yeah, I'm right in the middle. Yeah, and then go all the way to the bottom. I am like, see who the short is because there's somebody with like fucking well the guy on my ride that I'm going to mention him right now, real quickly.
Speaker 2: At the very end of the day, he said, Hey, I really enjoy like, you know, speaking like your content and the pot and everything, but kind of wish you had said something earlier.
Speaker 3: And now I'm totally blanking his name.
Speaker 2: Where do you want me to go? I'm uh, I love seventeen, but I'm one one, one seven.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm just going to.
Speaker 1: Three hundred people. What is the shortest stack. Let's bet Well, here's what I want to know. Can you look up Gary Margolis?
Speaker 3: But can I look at the short of safas.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be someone with like two k yep six point one sixteen, twenty two, twenty three, twenty five, twenty eight, thirty thirty one thirty two.
Speaker 3: Thirty thirty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mark Valaysia, Sorry I mess Mark Malasias was sitting on my riot at the end of the night, says things for the country to this, and I was just like, oh, when you say something could go you a hat. So Mark, I'm gonna actually try and find you tomorrow. I'll write his name down with Leagas.
Speaker 1: I wanted to look up this guy, Gary Margolis because he's the guy who bagged one single chip. He didn't make it three obviously, I mean it was obviously going to be very very hard. Yeah, backed one single five hundred chip, the smallest denomination chip in play. We played a whole level today with the five ore chips. We didn't need them.
Speaker 3: Which level well we played?
Speaker 1: We played two four and then it goes to three five, like you don't need them, And they didn't call them up till till three five.
Speaker 2: They didn't cover them up till the dinner break, which makes sense. No whatever, So then I can also raise the eight point five K six four k.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you can raise to your eight point five k, so min cash is worth fifteen k.
Speaker 3: When's the pay jump?
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 3: I care A lot of baby?
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 3: I care? I gotta make the money first.
Speaker 1: You definitely got to make the money. Maybe folding a lot. The pay jump is probably not for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like three hundred spots probably right.
Speaker 1: The pay jump is twelve fifty eight.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's not that far.
Speaker 1: Two hundred spots.
Speaker 3: That's f I can make that.
Speaker 1: Once you get into the money, it's just gonna be fucking chaos.
Speaker 2: I could maybe go have a like a I do you think it's important? I do think it's important to like tank for pay jumps? I mean whatever, Who cares?
Speaker 3: I think it too. It's it's a you know, a twenty five page on it's pretty big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it. You know, we should have enough chips to get into the money. And you know, God will.
Speaker 2: Voting every hand. It's just every hand I'm folding them. Don't just don't waste the money.
Speaker 3: I would.
Speaker 1: I would love to have it. I don't care what point of the tournament it is. It is funny because I was actually thinking about this today, like while we're getting closer to the money and obviously people are starting to kind of talk about it, think about it and whatever, and at the end of the day, like it's just a tournament and it's just cashing. Like I know, it's the w main event, and we we obviously we champion the fact that it's the greatest tournament in the world because it is, you know, but like it's it's just funny how trying to cash in this tournament outweighs trying to cash in every other tournament by one thousand acts, which is like so funny, you know, because like I'm I'm honestly, if I end up going out tomorrow before the money, I mean, so be it. Like I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: Try I'm gonna play more like may until we lose shift thing. I mean, I'm gonna, yes, I'm gonna play accordingly. But like I'm saying, if I get aces, I'm not fucking folding aces, Like I'm just not doing it. Like I'm gonna definitely, you know, it's just that's just how it is.
Speaker 3: A ad mina. Right now, I'll be that guy. I don't mind. They're going to the trash.
Speaker 1: Then then don't even look and show forty five minutes later, Okay.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna look. I gotta stole. I got it like ooh, this is a decision. Tank tank tank tank tank tank? How much you got? How much do I have?
Speaker 1: Also in the w S Miniam and today we lost Daniel gran we lost Phil Hammuth. Phil Hammath went out on a feature table in an absolute sickening fashion. At one point today he folded ace King to kings.
Speaker 3: He suck.
Speaker 1: He opened got a three bed and just folded the king and then looked into the camera and said, I'm the only person in the world that could make that play, which is probably true.
Speaker 3: I could make that play.
Speaker 1: Then he gets it all in with ace King versus queens, there's one queen dead. He hits a king and the river is the case. This is not to send without. There was a hand that Michael mss Rocky lost. He lost a million chip pot. I mean, Michael Rocky is an outrageous player, like he just really is. So what what is this hand? This was on a streamed table and it looks like this was an eight hundred and eighty four k pot Karmatki, Karmatky I probably butchered the name. Carmatki opened to eleven K with ace. Queen Padron three bet to thirty two thousand holding aces and Miss Rocky four bets to eighty one thousand. I cannot wait to see what Miss Rocky has in his hand. Miss Rocky four bets to eighty one thousand. Carmatcki gets out of the way. Part one five bets to two hundred and thirty two thousand. Miss Rocky goes into the tank before announcing all in for and it says an additional four and then thirty thousand. That doesn't make any sense obviously, he calls with the aces. Wait, does what does miss Rocky have?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Ace king right, Oh, he had kings, Oh, kings speaking of aces and kings, see that, Doug Polkan, No, he's on the feature table. He was all in with aces versus kings. It looked like it was either like a four bat or five, and I believe he did like a code dog read with like club WPT and then the guy with kings the hit of King and he sent that Doug polk out.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what you get. That's what you get for trying to promote the competitor. I guess no. I love Doug, but that's unfortunate. We lost Jonathan Tomaio. He was seated one table over the chat. He busted and I think the second level of the day, second or third.
Speaker 3: Level eights to Ace King. But like thirty five bigs, I think I saw.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't remember what happened. I didn't see what happened. I just saw him walking off. So he was gone. So that means no defending Champ. Not that it was going to happen, of course, it's a long shot, but you know, it is what it is. I did see plenty of women in the field. I also saw I think Jason Mercier bag chips. We lost Nick rig he busted out West Bend Mince. We lost Ben Mince. He actually pluit a hand.
Speaker 3: He must have to bus. Yeah, he's he was. He played.
Speaker 2: He was playing a little more hands this often, and I believe, I mean he probably heard it from everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had people. People were putting on like they were putting like how many hands he folded.
Speaker 2: Consecutive hands or something conxecutive hands. Yeah, I mean you go code. Sometimes it happens.
Speaker 1: Fourteen hundred and seventy six players left in the twenty twenty five Double Speed Main event. Min cash is fifteen thousand dollars when we get down to fourteen hundred and sixty one, so fifteen spots away. I do also need to announce that there might not be a bubble pod because you and I are both in the event, which is awesome, but I mean, what are we going to do. I'll try and interview some people like within my area, but the problem is is that when they are hand for hand table they can't, Like you can't walk around and like you can't do that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: We should. We could be os Hall's I bring badge.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: I haven't, so okay, let me when you play. Do you leave your badge here or do you take it with you and put your pocket?
Speaker 1: The only reason I have it with me is so that I can get back to my area.
Speaker 3: People know who you are. You're important right here.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to like, I don't want to be that guy like that is like oh, security, you don't know who I am. No, so I just have I have it with me. I don't. I don't have it out at all. I don't think we should have it out when we play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course not. I leave it here though. I didn't even bring it with me. Wow.
Speaker 1: So you're that guy. You're like, you're the Google Google me. You're the Google Google me. Come on you you for sure would not the guy who takes j. C. Penny photos would not never say Google, do.
Speaker 3: You google me this?
Speaker 2: It's going to show like the football player Tim Duckworth and the Olympic athlete. No Google me, guy, Well, not never ever done that.
Speaker 3: I leave it here.
Speaker 2: But I haven't had any issues the last few days. But yeah, I don't know. You know what, Maybe we bring in a freelancer to the day for the for the for the bubble, coulduce a rich drive back out in the morning.
Speaker 3: No, we'll figure it out. I think we can get something.
Speaker 1: I believe both of the Poker Goat contest winners, Mike Baldwin and Jesse Simon are still in.
Speaker 2: Jesse Simon was still and I started the pile of chips on the table next to me. Good scoff and all. Jessy came back went to the wrong table because he came back like light from break and he went like down the aisle. I'm like, what is this guy doing. I think he came back he's my table. I'm like, you have the second table in the ruck, like it's not that hot.
Speaker 1: Devin Gerhart bag chips as well. I mean, this is this tournament's amazing. Really, how many champions do you think are still in of the event?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Two three?
Speaker 2: Greg Merson is still in for sure. Ryan Rees I got no idea. Can only be Reese and or McKeon. No Reece, no McKeon. Who else could it be? Noogebauer doesn't count. I thought you were gonna say that count. That's all I got. How did can you look up our boy Romaine? Of course, of course this guy, this guy's a star. Put him on the beach or tables.
Speaker 1: So let's just quickly hit on these these other tournaments and then we'll get the heck out of here. The six hundred dollar Ultra Stack is down to the final seventeen players. Looks like Justin Fawcett leads the way. These people have a bazillion chips in this thing. I don't recognize anyone in here, I don't think. Yeah, I don't recognize a single person.
Speaker 3: Great, Yeah, there's no one in the ultra stuck.
Speaker 1: Well, they're down to seventeen players three hundred and fifty five k up top. Of course we'll touch on this when it ends up finishing, which I don't believe is tonight. It's gonna finish tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Still seven.
Speaker 1: So sliding on over to the mystery bounty Ploo Punster looks like he's crushing Casey Wassell bagged the chip lead. Igor Zetsker second in chips. Poun is eighth, Michael Monchak is sixteenth, Brandon Shack Harris is up there, Craig Varnell, Jason Daily, Mark Ridoja. I haven't seen that name in forever.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Speaking of random players of the day, Alexander koch Stritzen fantastic.
Speaker 3: Did he look the same percent one hundred percent?
Speaker 1: I mean I as soon as I saw him walking through the aisle, I was like, that's Alexander KOs Stritzen, Martin Daniff, Sandra Nause ox Yes, Sandra Naux. She won an EPT figure, which one.
Speaker 3: But she wanted was she the first woman to win EPT.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm pretty sure Vicky Vicky korn Mitchell. But anyway, Sandra naj I was like, I haven't seen you like fifteen years. Holy hell? Who else is in this thing? Ryan Hughes, Craig Ja, David Funkhauser, heavy liftshits. You've all promised team what is going on this tournament? This is a multi this is a multi fly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one to moment.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, well they got two one and seventy one entries today, so they're gonna get twenty five hundred to three thousand at least for day one. B Yeah, people stop usting from those things, just freaking bananas. And then you got the five K super Turbo bounty. This is a one day so yeah, one day five K, down twenty three, twelve hundred and eighty three entries. They're down to twenty three five point nine million dollars in the prize. Well, six hundred and eighteen thousand dollars up top for the winner. Upeshka da Silva is in there, Jesse Lonis is in there, Mustafa Kneat is in there. Uh, Pedro Marquez is in there. So yeah, that's a pretty good feel. Eric lou is in there, Adrian Lopez.
Speaker 2: I guess that's quickly touch on what's happening Wednesday, July ninth.
Speaker 1: Well, before we do that, I do, I do have to. I missed the play poker Go read it the beginning of the show, so I'm gonna do it right now. If you love to play free online poker, then get your dang butt over to play poker Go dot com or downloaded to your iOS or Android device. They got ring games, they got tournaments, they have sit and goes. For the ring games, you can now play special high stakes poker themed tables, and for the sitting goes you can play no gamble, no future themed sit and goes that feature the wheel of Gain. This is real poker. It is authentic. It is as reel as it gets with real players like Tim, like myself. We're in there regularly, not right now because we're playing the main event, but when we're doing the streams, you know, the guys hop into the free rols or our free rolls every hour on the half hour. So so get on in there. It's a really good time. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I know people here and I've said this before and I'm just gonna say it again. I know people hear free Poker and they think it's just an absolute shit show. It's not, okay, it's genuinely legitimate. Okay. So if you want to play some legitimate poker, you don't want to spend time, let's go playpokg dot com or again, you can get it on aos or Andreid.
Speaker 2: All right, what were you going to say? Sorry, Wednesday, July ninth. I don't know if we ever mentioned the time. It's one fifty seven am right now. We've got to restart here in ten hours and three minutes.
Speaker 1: Kicking off at the Bloody was like, just make sure you get eight hours of sleep. I was like, haha, good luck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, sure. Look with that one five, I'm on five. Five will be happy.
Speaker 1: I'm a sex guy, I'll get six.
Speaker 2: But for dreamt serious, We've got Day one B of the Plow Mystery Bountie, so that's going to be big. We have the start of the fifty K no limit Hold Them high Roller, the last no limit high roller of the summer because I.
Speaker 3: Don't count the ten K six max. That's the championship event. We're also kicking off.
Speaker 2: This could be one right up your alley, potentially the three K mid Stakes Championship. So if you can get that cash tomorrow, hey maybe you jump in that. That's Day one A on Wednesday, Day one B on Thursday. That is a four day event. They are the two events kicking off on day four. While we're in day four of the WSP Main Event.
Speaker 1: Already, I'm ready to go. We start at noon. Yeah, so let's rock and roll. No idea how long the bubble is gonna take.
Speaker 3: But fifty three minutes.
Speaker 1: Really, you think it'll be under an hour.
Speaker 2: We saw like all those twenty k stacks we're playing the Basically those guys are usually the ones that hold on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we need the guy.
Speaker 2: We need Ronald, Lonnie and JC chan playing a million chip pots and that's how we get in.
Speaker 3: That's how it always.
Speaker 1: Pretty much, that's that's usually how it is. That the people with like one hundred to three inerkse ihow just get.
Speaker 3: The money in the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, So WSB Main Event Day four coming your way on Wednesday, July ninth. When's the stream starting?
Speaker 3: First hand?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when's it? When's the stream?
Speaker 2: M Pacific four pm Eastern will be the first block. We're gonna play three levels, which is about six hours, and it's all on pokergro dot com now right wrecked, Yes, all on pogo dot com. See which makes you guess you got to be a subscriberp so pokerro dot com use the problem called podcast please, Yeah, it's the same, it's the same promo. You still get twenty dollars off your first year of a new annual plan. That's the same as our regular dobsip promo. But if you use the promo called podcast, at least it looks good on Tim. And why can't we give him like twenty dollars and one cent off?
Speaker 1: We should, but we can't.
Speaker 2: And then we'll take the dinner break, come back at nine pm Pacific midnight Eastern to recap the final two levels. Now, I'm saying this assuming the bubble there is no delay, because if there's bubbles delayed, some of these times will change. So just be wary that the second block, the night shift as they call it, may potentially start later because if the bubble goes long.
Speaker 3: But otherwise that's the plan.
Speaker 2: Time one pm Pacific for the first block nine pm Pacific for the nice shift already well on the feature table. Huh, we're going to be on the feature table. No, please, no, definitely don't want to be in the future table. All right, let's just get out of here. I know we were kind of all over the places episode, but we're both going to Day four. Just forgive us, please and pray for us. I hope we both spin it up. All right, let's get into the money. Let's spend this time thing spin it.
Speaker 3: Let's just make Day five.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's four steps, doesn't matter. I wouldn't mind making Day five with two million chips.
Speaker 2: Well sure, I'd like to have three million chips, but like I'm good with just putting chips in the back and every day just put chips in the bag. Like, I'm not going to dream big in this tournament. It's just it's too long of a grind to be like it really is. How many Day one chip leaders do you think are still in? I have no idea if you like, did the top ten hip leaders from all the day ones?
Speaker 1: I don't is still in? So he's just doing the damn thing, all right, He's him Duckworth. I'm Donnie Peters and We will talk to you guys next time.