Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: The fifty five r C the talk station Friday something Dad.
Speaker 3: Will to.
Speaker 1: A vast work out.
Speaker 2: Indeed, what the hell? H Martin Thomas right here, glad to be Hope you're having a wonderful day so far. If not, we'll make it one. Try to anyway, and stick around all morning here on the fifty five ARC Morning Show. Should be rather interesting coming out first guest, Sarah Harringer. Yeah, she's going to be in studio for a full hour. Of course, I hope you know the name Sarah Herringer. Her husband Patrick Harringer Araringer stabbed to death and they're over the ruin apartment. Apparently he was quite the you know, business man, opened his own fitness business and friend of the community by all rights, just a really terrific person. She's been an outspoken critic of well, the City of Sincinnate generally speaking, law enforcement, you know, demanding changes and the way we I guess enforced the law and crime and everything else that's going on the city of Cincinnati. While the mayor of the City Cincinnati, uh, well, I don't know, you can evaluate his priorities. We will talk about that here in a moment. Whether he has properly prioritized his home life versus his obligations and duties as mayor of the City of Cincinnati during times of a significant crisis, which apparently we're currently dealing with here, and a crisis that has made the headlines globally. Yeah. Anyway, Sarah for a full hour in studio at seven five, followed by Secretary of State franklo Rose just got back from meeting with Trump regarding election integrity. Of course, as second Orry State, that'd be a role that Frank leros Haes got. We'll talk about that at atoh five. Jay Ratliffe, I Heart Media aviation expert, will also be on the program as he always is on Thursdays. At eight thirty, passenger evacuated from an aircraft when the tires had caught on fire. Saw the video of that one Wow. Delta Airlines pilot arrested shortly after the flight in landed in San Francisco. Kind of an interesting story that one United flight attendants reject a new contract and a twenty six percent pay raise. Joe, you get twenty six percent pay raise every year, don't you? Yeah? Every six months? Oh, that's right. They put you on the fast track schedule, just trecord, just wallowing in cash. That's one of the main reasons he has to work three jobs. And of course we always end up with hub delays. With Jay Ratloll find out if it's a decent data travel five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phone. Maybe you'd like to call in. I'd love talking with folks, as it always is. And remember fifty five Casey dot com. That's where you get the iHeartMedia radio app or app. You can listen to the content wherever you happen to be. Clairemont County Prosecutor Mark to call you on the program the tail end of the show yesterday, there is a special place in hell for Charlie Tettererman who's been convicted ninety three felony counts for molesting a teenage girl. He had a story details on that I mentioned yesterday when I was talking with Mark and the prosecutor, the assistant prosecutor who was responsible for the trial. That just brings bile up in the back of my throat. He videotaped every single one of his molestations, And I was puzzled by that because they showed every single one of the videos to the jury. And when I asked the assistant prosecutor about that, it's like, you know, the idea of being a juror and having to sit through that, you know, from a dividensiary standpoint, is it necessary? Because you know the victim was in court, the victim was cross examined by Charlie Fetterman, the guy that's got a special place in hell, the molester, the convicted molester. He represented himself a trial, which means he stood in front of her and asked her questions about it. Can you imagine? I think they said she was about fifteen sixteen years old when this molestations occurred. Can you imagine the vile, disgusting creature that molested you over and over again, despite your objections and protestations repeated, from what I understand, staring in front of you in a courtroom full of people, in twelve jurors, asking you questions about it. I just can't imagine the horror. But sentencing day coming up for Charlie Thennaman, and I am anxiously awaiting his being sentenced to four hundred and fifty years in prison, which, based upon the convictions, is what he's eligible for. So good luck, Charlie. They love child molesters in prison, love to point that out over and over again because somewhere in the listening audience, and I hate to acknowledge this, but you know what, Statistically, it's probably true. There is a person out there that is presently involved in molesting a young person. And to you, I am speaking, You're going to get caught, and the hell that you will face once in prison is beyond your wildest imagination. That's been the case, well documented for decades and decades. Good luck, Judge entereda Paula Tano not I tell you what. You listen to that one, and I think he is probably right on the wall. Sometimes we'll disagree, and sometimes my listeners say, I don't believe it, ken Trump, It just randomly and unilaterally issued tariffs and pick and choose the amount of tariffs and just say them out loud and make them happen. Or is that the authority that rests within the Congress under the Constitution, And the latter argument is probably going to prevail. That's what the lower court said. Already it's on the appeals court. I think the argument is today, So yeah, it does impact foreign policy. But because tariffs translates to taxation, that's a power that rests exclusively with the legislative brands, the power of the purse. So the aftermath if the court does say that he doesn't have these powers and that it is a tax and that he is who served congressional authority by unilaterally levying taxes, it's going to be I think I described it as a Charlie foxtrot. I had an exchange with one of my listeners about this. Everything that he's done, all the work that he's done to negotiate these trades deals with the various countries are going to be whipped wiped away, and that's going to be a mess, a real mess. So anyway, that's where we are. So wait a minute, where was the mayor? I know a lot of people were criticizing that in the aftermath of the the beatdown over the past weekend. Saturday morning, we've been talking about it a lot this week. Of course, it's dominating global news. Congratulations, multiple multiple articles, notably Councilwoman Parks, who said she was happy and that they suggesting that the victims begged for the beat down. That's made it nationally globally. Congratulations Victoria Parks. I know you're not running for re election, and I guess it's a good thing because she previously announced she was not going to be running for a future office. That's a good thing. Go retire because you haven't put yourself or endeared yourself to well anyone with your comments. But that's being widely reported all over this great land of ours. But where was the mayor question? A lot of people have been asking, because we didn't hear from him for a couple of days after the tragedy. Purval, mayor Aftab was in Vancouver on a long planned family vacation. Now he was at a mayoral conference, but you know what he got from got back from that apparently the day before the beatdown. Purval said he found out about the fight before he left for his Vancouver family vacation on July twenty six. He found out about the fight. Let me emphasize that before he left, speaking to Cincinnati inquire Scott Wartman reporting Parlol decided to take the trip, he said, because it was the last time he could take a family vacation before his five year old son started kindergarten and Cincinnati City Council resumes next week after the summer recess. Quote, this was a long planned family trip and celebration of my son. I take my role as mayor very seriously. But I also take my role as husband and father seriously as well. Now I'll concede family comes first. Family comes first. But he's flying back today, saying he cut his vacation four days short to arrive back in Cincinnati tonight, originally planning to come back August fourth, and he said he will be making an announcement tomorrow about how the city will combat crime and address public safety concerns. Didn't reveal any more details ahead of the announcement. Apparently probably doesn't have any details. What can he possibly say is going to magically come up with a solution to combat crime and address public safety overnight. We'll see. But I'm struggling to reconcile that he knew about this viral video. He knew about the fight the beat down before he left for his trip. Now he didn't have an opportunity to make some kind of statement. I'm aware of the incident. I criticize it. It's that what I've seen, it's inexcusable, it's unacceptable. This is not human behavior, this is animalistic behavior. Pick some words, put them together in the string of sentences. I would love to address this, but I've got a long standing family trip. My son's getting ready to go back to school. I'll be in constant communication with the elected officials. I am on the job in spite of the fact that I'm not on the job. And hell, I'll even participate in a video conference that two days after because people want to hear from me, which is exactly what he did. So he's on vacation, he has an opportunity to get online and participate in a video conference. All right, you can draw your own conclusion, say you read the right decision going to the family vacation first, but with the chaos that ensued, this is a I mean and again, it's a viral thing. It's gone out over the entire world. Couldn't you have delayed the departure for your family vacation by a couple of days to address this. Get all your ducks in a row, make the meetings, plan the meetings, head on off the vacation. Rather than cut the tail into the vacation off. I don't know. It's easy for me to second guest mayor, Aftab provol I guess given the current circumstances, but like, where's Waldo? Where's the mayor? In the several days following the beatdown, in all the social media comments and the fact that it went viral across this country, Oh okay, he's in Vancouver. Maybe his office should have issued an announcement to that effect while we all stood around, I mean even Corey Bowman's like he asked out loud the very question where's the mayor on his social media account the following day, no one apparently knew would have been nice to keep us in the loop there, Aftab. We are in a moment in time that requires strong leadership. My listening audience decided whether we have strong leadership here in the city of Cincinnati. Steve hang on, brother, I just looked up and saw you on the line. I'll be more than happy to take your call, but I am out of time. In the segment, actually over, It's five eighteen fifty five kr C detalk station.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Our iHeart about twenty one on a Friday, even a happy one to you, just Trekker observing.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: Joe believes he mayor aftem Pebo was throwing his five year old child under the bus by using the five year old child in the family vacation to Vancouver as the reason he wasn't around or remained silent. Maybe there's a little bus throwing there. But if you're five and dad tells you that you're not going to be going to Vancouver, is that going to register with you? Do you even know what Vancouver is? Do you have any idea what you're going to experience when you go to Vancouver? Joe wanted to know what's in Vancouver. I suggested there were trees there British Columbia. But sorry, son, we're not gonna be going to Vancouver. I got to delay the trip a couple of days because the city is on fire and I've got a job to do as the mayor. Should the kid be like, oh okay, he just said he should have taken him to chuck e cheese probably would have been happier. Steve, Thank you so much for indulging me while I got that out of my system. And for holding over the break. Welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, you might be disappointed with this phone call because I'm going to repeat what I've said half dozen times on your show before and kind of what you just said before you went to commercial break. But I had already maken a phone call. But what's what's in Vancouver?
Speaker 6: He said?
Speaker 3: Trees Monkey, Python might say the large yeah, for that being one of their skits, and I don't remember much about it other than the word sounded funny. So you're not supposed to criticize him, because then you're criticizing a poor little five year old boy, and you're being mean to a five year old. So he is using him as a shield. But here's what I've said many times. I would make a horrible mayor because I'm the I don't have leadership skills. I'm a follower, not a leader. Just plug away, you know, a punch of time clock whatever. He doesn't. He's not a leader, but he is in a leadership position. That's why he is silent. That's why when he says something, it's through zoom, it's something pre recorded. He doesn't know what to do. He thinks it'll go away. He's a DEM's he's looking for his next step up. This is just a temporary job for him. He's trying to move up. If Harris had been elected, he had been Washington, DC doing something right now. He has no leadership skills. It is an obligation of anybody in a position like that to post a schedule. You don't need to say we're staying at my mother in law's house or this hotel or whatever. To say we're on a family vacation, we're leaving this day, we're coming back that day. You make that public. Here's another figure that did this quite a few years ago, when she was Speaker of the House. Nancy Pelosi became ill in the Vatican Rome, Italy, and she became ill, and we flew her back here or whatever. Nobody knew she was even there, at taxpayer expense. She takes vacations all over the place. They should have to publicize vacations they're taking. They should have to indicate. Now, this one, I'm sure is out of his own wallet, but public officials should have to indicate, I am on a taxpayer funded trip to Vaticans whatever. But the only reason we ever found out that she was there is because she got sick. Otherwise we wouldn't have known she was sucking money.
Speaker 7: Out of us.
Speaker 3: So that's it, just again a typical non leader in a leadership position.
Speaker 2: Appreciate your observation, Steve. Although I will say, in these modern days, letting people know you are going to be out of town with your entire family suggests to the entire world, because we have the Internet, that your house is empty, creating an opportunity for a burglary or breaking or something along those lines. And I understand that, but in times of crisis, in a leadership role, you should at least let people know, maybe not in events you were going to be out of town because of the aforementioned concerns we all have now. But the reason I haven't done anything is because I'm out of town. I'm sorry, I apologize, but you got to issue a statement of some sort. That's what leaders do. I'm not absent, I'm on the job, I'm paying attention, I'm talking with people, but I am on vacation, which is why I'm not standing in front of the population of the city of Cincinnati in a meeting, in a press conference answering questions. I'm in Vancouver. But I think the most troubling component of this thing is he left for his family vacation sometime later in the day, the day of the beatdown, which had already gone viral. The silence is under those circumstances, the silence is particularly deafening. Five point twenty six. Right now, local stories or phone calls. Maybe Tom will call in. I don't know, but I love talking to people, so feel free to chime in and offer your opinion on these matters. I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 7: Radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Richard Richard from Ludlow, Kentucky. Please read again Mayor dumb Bab's original statement, but use monotone to emphasize his mediocrity. Thank goodness, I live in Kentucky. I chimed in a day. Aren't you glad you're a Kentucky resident. Yes, indeed, let's go to the phone. See what Tom's got this morning. Hey, Tom, I'm hoping you would call Welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, good morning. It's it's easy to bash on that path, isn't it. It's too easy. You actually have to make yourself pat the brakes because it's just too easy. It's like it's like you're driving a car down the hill. I mean, the guy just gives us so much material.
Speaker 2: Low hanging fruit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you ain't lying. See that reminds me yesterday. Yesterday you took a stop ball and put it on a tee for Joe for the uh for the phrasing button, and he just didn't nothing. U. It was the h oh, it was the thing they got thrown on the basketball court the end of w NBA game. Like what we're all stitting here waiting for the phrasing button.
Speaker 2: That's all right, Joe, Joe does do things.
Speaker 8: Like Joseph busy man. Joseph very busy man. Is to uh yeah, to to your point, as the uh, as the mayor, you gotta be ready to make a statement, uh at least something anything like you said. He could have done it before he left town. I don't criticize the man for taking a vacation. And then to to Steve's point, what the hell is he gonna do about it?
Speaker 7: Anyway?
Speaker 8: At that time, he's got you know, the chief of police, he's got detectives and stuff like that. He's not gonna be able to do anything. So so point, he's done. Ahead, go on your vacation. We'll keep your post that.
Speaker 9: I got no.
Speaker 2: Problem with that, but say something to.
Speaker 8: Joe's point though. You know, I was watching the uh watching the video, and I knew it reminded me of something. I've seen a scene like that before, of the of the beatdown on Fourth and Elm, and it hit me with Joe. When you relay Joe's comments, have you been in a Chucky Cheese lately? It's it's absolute delement.
Speaker 2: That's a Walmart of restaurants.
Speaker 8: And by the way, it's not just not just the kids that are involved in the strong. I mean the last time I walked into one was a cold range. It has since been shut down by two or three years now at least, and it was absolute nahem in there. I took the family, turned around and walked out that I am not.
Speaker 4: Dealing with this.
Speaker 8: That was that was absolutely done. Uh So Yeah, I mean then so so to you know, instead of taking him a chuck E Cheese, he just could have taken his kid down to fourth and all. Then he would have been roughly the same experience King's Island.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just gonna say that Joe King's Island I mean, you would a five year old rather go whale watching in British Columbia or go to Kings Island.
Speaker 8: I think he cut his trip short because the five year old was probably being a bord. So yeah, exact it was all about the five year old.
Speaker 5: But Joe looked up.
Speaker 2: In response to my comments like what's in Vancouver? Joe looked it up and apparently lots of botanical gardens, lots of lots of shopping, and whale watching as well as ghost tours, right yeah, ghost tours right on.
Speaker 8: Hey, all you people out there that are listening to this and and understand the quote unquote leadership that we have in the city of Cincinnati, and it only you can only We're all one conclusion. Don't vote Democrat. Have a great day, right, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, Tom always waiting for the catchphrase. Uh v Vake Ramaswamy hosted the other day and I got a note about from this from Christopher Smith and he said I spoke to friends and local leaders and since any about crime and risk in the city, I'm hosting a town hall in Cincinnati on Monday along with Christopher smithmen former vice mayor and former president in the WAACP to have an open, honest conversation in my vivake rama, Swamy's hometown who plied to a vice, city officials, community leaders, and any of the victims from Friday's assault wh wish to participate. When people feel afraid to speak their minds, that's when frustration festers and we can't let that happen. Open dialogue is the way forward, as we demonstrated in Springfield last fall. Ill announce further details later this week. So soon as we get the details on where and the when, and I'm more than happy to pass along to the listening audience. You can feel free to show up, he Jo. You think, may I have to have purvall show up to that one? They doubt it. It's on the west side, that's the rumor. Yeah, I'm gonna go with the no on that one. You don't think he knows where the west side is? Five point thirty five fifty five care see the talk station. I do have some stupid stories, but you know, again, doesn't it kind of feel like we're already in the stack? Is stupid? This morning? Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five eight hundred and eight to two three Talk Foreign Exchange gets your car fixed for less money for in exchange. And someone contact me the other day asking me about foreign exchange. A friend of mine, a very dear friend of mine, and said, what's the name of that imported place? Apparently the dealer quote for his friends Mercedes was just through the roof, and he was wondering whether it was worthwhile for the taking to foregn excites instead of course it is. They have great, great mechanics there. I've worked. They've worked on all my cars, my wife's cars, my daughter's cars, my son's car. They do wonderful work and they don't charge as much. You get a full warning on parts and service, whether your cars from traditionally Asian or European manufacturer. In his particular case, got a German car, so you know what those repair bills are. Like my German car owning friends save money by going to Foreign Exchange. So they'll do a great job for you. Be happy, and Mike, listen, I don't want to overlook they do service Tesla's as well. Very important update. They've all been trained and they're ready to take care of your Tesla needs. So Foreign Exchange Westchester location that is the one I encourage my friend's friend indirectly through my friend to go to Westchester. Location is Tylersville Road off of seventy five. Go east. Just a real short drug. It's not even a quarter mile, I don't think. Hang it right on Kingland driving. You're right there. Online you finally foreign xform the LETTERAX dot com. Tell Austin and the crew. Brian said, hive, and you call that Westchester location five on three six four six twenty six five three six six twenty six online foreign X for in the letter X dot.
Speaker 1: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: The girlfriends is midday storms are very likely, says channel, and I am mostly cloudy day to day. The humunity will slowly drop as day rolls on, so just wait for it. Eighty three for the high today, overnight low sixty five, rain moves out. Got a sunny data model eye of eighty clear overnight sixty one and Saturday also sunny for the most part, with the high of eighty seventy six degrees. Right now it is time for the first traffic report.
Speaker 5: Probably you see how Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: You see how Manetball Center offers surgical and medical b city care and expertise called five one three, nine three, nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Highway traffic that's in decent shape this morning. No accidents to deal with overnight work cruise there, wrapped up and done.
Speaker 2: No no way.
Speaker 10: He'saw on southbounds seventy five to start your day. That's under fifteen minutes sharon Ville to town chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: By forty eight Here fifty five KRC octation Happy Friday five three seven, four nine fifty eight hundred eight T three talk go with pound five fifty if you m an AT and T phone into the stack of stupid in the absence of phone calls, which we have. Uh, what's with the Reds? The Cincinnati Reds made it in the stack of stupid this morning. Came in this morning, right on top of the stack of stupid. A color photograph of the video the giant JumboTron video screen at the Great American Ballpark with a photograph of community activist Iris Rawley, who was given the Community Advocate Award by the Cincinnati Reds. This on the heels of her face on her online post regarding the beatdown. He deserved it, all of it. Note some follow up reporting on this one from Fox nineteen. Apparently they are on Facebook to wing a podcast the other day she along with the NAAC president David Whitehead, who also suggested that the folks who got the beat deserved it. He tried he was backpedaling, of course, and so was Iris Wally. We were having a contentious banter back and forth, she said when she posted he deserved it, all of it, which the vast majority of people with clear thinking heads, logic and reasoning skills took to be directed at, of course the man who was beaten, or both of the people who were beaten. But she did say he She tried to backpedal and said that he that I'm referring to is Andre Ewing, the former CINCINNT police officer. Andre was on the program last week Tuesday. This week actually outspoken community activist Andre Ewing. He had a lot of things to say, including don't go downtown when having large events, so she's trying to backpedal her way out of it. And congratulations for winning the Community Advocate Award whatever, Thank you, Liam. Wow do you think they had decided to give that award out before the brawl over the weekend her online post or do you think this was a decision that was made after she stepped in it? That's where Joe's going. Why would the reds endeavor to bolster her credibility in the aftermath of a ridiculous statement like that? Talk amongst yourselves, you come up with an answer. Please let me know. Another stupid h the smoking gun. They provide some good material for the stack of stupid married couple facing felony charges after they joined the Mile High Club. On a Jet Blue flight over the weekend, Tristan Riley forty two, and Christopher Arnold, forty three traveling to Sarasota, Florida, from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York when they allegedly engaged in what is described in the complaint as lude or lascivious exhibition. Flight attendant told police to quote several youths and their mother had witnessed Riley and Arnold performing in sexual performing sexual activity on board the Jet Blue flight one p. Sixty three. Excuse me when the flight attendant guid damed Brian's upp walked to Miss Riley's seating area in the twenty fifth row. He witnessed her making up and down movements with her head while she was faced down on mister Arnold's lap. Joe, what do you think was going on there? Searching his pocket for you think a lozenge, maybe a chapstick, roll of life savers or something. And I can't even read the further description. An investigation indicate of miss Riley was seen by two underads us performing well an oral act and well something involving her hand. Let's just leave it at that. The witness statement female pastor who was flying with her two children, said that during the takeoff, she spotted the woman later identified as Riley Yes, performing a physical act on her male companion. She noted, this is a quote from the passengers. She noticed my two kids was watching them, and they didn't stop after that. She was laying on him as if she was performing this particular oral act. Riley described as a medical receptionist, Arnold, a general contractor. Rested upon the July nineteenth flight's arrival in Sarasota. The two live in Danbury, Connecticut, were booked into the County jail Freedom Monday, Prosecutors agreed to the couple's release on their own recognizance while they investigate jurisdiction. Jurisdiction becoming a question because I guess they were flying over multiple states on their trip. You know how long it is a flight of that? I mean, what is that?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 2: A two and a half hour flight? You can't wait, although Joe says he thinks it beats going to Vancouver. You know, Joe, you don't have to go to Vancouver to perform the type of thing. You know, you can do it in the comforting convenience behind closed doors in your own home. Apologies to Chris Zimmer segue to a Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning spot. Chris, it's okay, man, nobody's going to hold it against you. The timing sometimes doesn't work out right because you do a great job. You take care of my listeners and that's what's important. Just like the third generation family tradition has been doing for coming up on eighty years, Zimmer Heating and Air Conditioning is making Cincinnati home safe, efficient, comfortable again, coming up on eighty years. What a proud tradition this family has. And they do take great care of your customer service from Zimmer's outstanding and if The bad news is if you get a system that's gone belly up, no longer capable of being repaired. Although Zimmer repairs all types of systems, it's time to save a lot of money when you replace your system. Get a carrier comfort system from Zimmer and save fifteen hundred and fifty bucks. Wonderful opportunity to shave off a good slice of the cost of replacing your HVAC system. So give Chris a call five one three five to one ninety eight ninety three five one three five to one ninety eight ninety three. Online learn more about the company, all the services they perform for you, and easy schedule appointments just the upper right hand corner on the web page, which is go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc.
Speaker 2: Jennedi first one about four k has midday storms are very likely. That's a quote thought for the most part, it'll remain human throughout the day, but gradually lessening humidity, which is great. Eighty three today's high overnight low sixty five. Guys, Clear up, we got a sunny tomorrow with a high of eighty also described as pleasant. Clairever night sixty one and a partly sunny Saturday, another pleasant day as described eighty for the high right now seventy five. Time for traffic.
Speaker 10: Fromly you see up traffic center, you see health weaight moth Center offers surgical and medical obcdy care and expertise called five one three ninety three, nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three highway traffic. Everything moving along at a decent pace so far this morning. For your Thursday morning commute northbound seventy five not a problem at all between Florence and downtown under ten minutes. Marrion Ways blocked off downtown between seventy five and Central for police activity Chuck Ingram and fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Five point fifty come up with five fifty one fifty five KR See talk station Friday Eve in studio for a full hour. Widow Sarah Herringerry lost her husband Patrick and that tragic, tragic murder at their apartment in downtown Cincinnati, calling for reforms across the board, and she is not backing down. Really impressive woman she is. So that's at seven o'clock. Should be in studio looking forward to that. Feel free to call otherwise back to the stack of stupid. We have radioactive wasps found near a nuclear facility in South Carolina. What quarter report from the hous to part of Energy But July third, radiological control operations discovered a wasp nest on a post near a tank at the Savannah River site and Aiken, South Carolina. Officials say the s was sprayed to kill The wasp nest probed and discovered to be to be one hundred thousand dpm, which is a measurement for radioactivity described as moderately high level of radiation once wasponest is considered. Quote on site legacy radioactive content amination close quote not related to a loss of containment control legacy radioactive contamination lingering radioactivity contamination resulting from past activities. Department of Energy did not list any other cause for the insects contamination, waspkilled bagged as radiological waste. Officer said the ground and surrounding area did not have any contamination. Okay. A Louisiana woman rather New Orleans facing felony charges after the state Attorney General's officer suden she fraudulently obtained medicaid benefits while generating millions in business revenue. Ah Yes, thirty five year old Cannice tailor arrested Monday by Louisiana Bureau of Investigation Court of the Records. Investigations started with a complaint from Louisiana Department of Health alleging that she committed Medicaid recipient fraud by underreporting her income. They say she applied for Medicaid in twenty nineteen under an alias can and This Sailor, listing biweekly income of nineteen hundred dollars and no dependence. That application denied less than a year later, though she reapplied using the same alias and inconsistent information, and then between twenty twenty and twenty twenty four, she's accused of misrepresenting, concealing, and failing to disclose financial information in order to receive government healthcare assistance. During that time, they say her various businesses generated more than nine and a half million dollars in revenue across multiple accounts that were under her control, and despite claiming no income at all. In twenty twenty, they say her financial records show more than four hundred and eighty thousand dollars in deposits, including luxury expenders expenditures over forty five grand in vehicle payments to Audi Finance, multiple six figure cashiers checks used for property purchases, cosmetic surgery, and high end jewelry, which also reportedly wired one hundred thousand dollars to an exotic car dealership and made thirteen thousand dollars in debit card payment debit card payments towards Are you ready a twenty twenty two Lamborghini urus do?
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 2: Two months after purchasing the Lamborghini, she reapplied for medicaid, this time reporting two thousand dollars a month in income and failing to disclose her ownership of any business. After the investigation agents secured an arrest warrant on one count of government benefits fraud booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish prison on Monday, and the investigation remains ongoing. You, my friends, you paid for that. You worked so that she could builk the system and get free benefits when she clearly had absolutely no need for them. What the hell? Oh, oh, let's go to Japan as opposed to Vancouver. Joe, that was my microphone falling off of the stand, Folks. I've been having struggles with this. I don't want to say it's been sabotaged, but the little nut that holds a microphone on the stand just happens to sort of work its way out throughout the day. All I'm constantly tightening this thing, so apologies for that crash was certainly unintended. Quickly, though, Let's go to japan authorities on highlightight after up to sixteen thousand plastic toy guns used as prizes in claw machines across the country were determined to be able to fire live ammunition. National Policy Agency issue of warning that thousands of illegal firearms are being offered as prizes at claw machines around the Asian country. Authorities scrambling to get a recall out the real gimmick mini revolver imported Japan from China's crane for these crane games. The brightly colored plastic toy seems harmless. Its technical specifications suggested that it was capable of being used however, as an actual firearm comes with eight plastic bullets that can be used to paying various objects, But the NPA found that the gun could also potentially be used to fire live ammunition. Is that a design defect? Five six fifty five kerr ce de talk station or an intentional use of the mechanics of the firearm. Jay, take your call right out of the gate. We get back, got to take a run here. We'll do some local news and some national news, maybe edited by Joe Strecker, depending upon content. But I'll be right back Today's.
Speaker 1: Top stories at the top of the hour. When I'm informed, I feel smarter.
Speaker 11: Fifty five d Talk Station Jerry six oh six fifty five par see the talk station Bryan Thomas R.
Speaker 2: Everyone a very happy Thursday, flash Friday. And before I'd go to the phones, Jay's been kind enough to hold you can feel free to call as well. Love hearing people's comments. Five on three seven four nine fifty five hundred and eight hundred and eighty two to three talk fast Forward one hour. Sarah Heninger, widow of Patrick Aeron Drew, who was stabbed to death in their apartment in downtown Cincinnati. She's been an outspoken advocate critic. She's got ideas for changing the realities of the city of Cincinnati. Of course, on the heels of the weekend violence. It's got a very important message passed along. Should be in studio coming up in an hour for a full hour. So God bless her and thank her for trying to do something. A lot of people's experience tragedy, and you know, they just wallow in misery, and I understand that on some level, and others kind of like they're not going to stand for this and they want to do something to change it. So it's something somebody else doesn't experience the same thing, and that's the path that Sarah has taken. God bless her for it. Eight o five Secretary of State Frank LeRose just got back with a meeting from with Donald Trump regarding election integrity. We'll hear from Frank at eight five. Jay Ratlife, I heard media aviation expert every Thursday at eight thirty. Quite a few topics talk about with Jay, as is typically the case, so let us head over to the phones. Jay, thank you so much for holding. Welcome to the program. Good to hear from you today.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I heard you say Medicaid crad and it's like putting up warm on a hook and throwing it out in the water. I can't help myself.
Speaker 8: I have to get the BA.
Speaker 2: It reminded me of the pod.
Speaker 7: I listened to the podcast of John Houston last week, and you had to be tasting blood in your mouth from biting your tongue when you brought up medicaid fraud. And he said something I'm the paraphrase that, Yeah, there's a lot of bad states out.
Speaker 4: There with a lot of medicaid fraud.
Speaker 7: And part of the big beautiful bill is those states are going to have to pay extra in order to make up for the fraud that they induced. And if that's true, we all better pack our bags and get out of Ohio because if you've property taxes pad, when we get hit with our medicaid fraud surcharge being it, we're the worst in the nation. Uh, that's gonna be a pretty big bill if that's really coming. And I found it, I guess I won't say odd. I I noticed he dodged the fact that Ohio was worse in the nation with medicaid fraud. And he sat beside the guy who owns it. He didn't known it. I Housta didn't known it, but his boss did. That Medicaid department in Ohio rolls up directly under the wine. And as Jennifer Gross pointed out in a podcast maybe a few months ago that there was money going into Ohio conference for every able bodied person that we can get on medicaid.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 7: To me, that's criminal and that ought to be investigated, but Houston didn't bring that up unfortunately. So I'm gonna I'm gonna remember that.
Speaker 2: Well, the you know, the expansion of Medicaid. What do they use COVID as a as an excuse for that one to allow you know, able bodied people under certain income level will apply. That's part of the ultimate goal, I mean, putting every person in the United States under one insurance umbrella. They wanted to be Medicaid. I mean they want to expand it to the point where that that's the default. It's not Obamacare, it's not Medicare, it's Medicaid for all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And it goes back to the kask administration. Whenever Obamacare first came out, they said, let's lower the bar and the federal government.
Speaker 9: Will pay for it.
Speaker 7: Kaseik took the deals the wine was against it until he got into office. Fifteen minutes after he got into office and saw that the money was coming in, then all of a sudden, he was for it. But he was against it before he was for it.
Speaker 2: But isn't it I mean, work with me on this one, Jay, because I'm struggling on this. You expand Medicaid, that just means a number of medical insurance or medical claims. You've got to play expands. Yes, the federal government was funding that expansion, but what does the state get? I mean, what do we get in return for that. It's money comes in from the federal government, but it went out the door in the form of payments to hot It's a medical it's like a zero sum game. We don't get anything from it except expanding a social welfare program.
Speaker 7: We don't. But Columbus does budget and take a look at what the Jennifer Gross laid it out better than I'm going to be able to. But there was money going into Ohio's coffers. And if you take a look at a timeline from the time that Obamacare got rolled out, and it was nineteen red states that took that deal. Why are Republican states taking a deal from Obama other than follow the money. So there was a deal that there was, there was some payment going into state coffers, and they sold their soul and their conservative values whenever they found out that they were getting going to get federal money. So you and I agree that it comes that's left pocket, right pocket. We paid the the Feds take it, and they give a few dimes back to the states. Well, if you're the CEO of the state, you really don't care because you've got stuff and things in your next election that you're running for and to help with the people, the the citizens of Ohio or whatever state you're running. It's all about me, and therein lies the problem.
Speaker 2: So do you think the money that the benefit to the politicians is that the providers wanted this because they would be able to treat more patients and build more charges. I mean that they seem to be the only ultimate recipients of any expansion of Medicaid that's got a larger patient pool.
Speaker 7: Well, it could be let's go down that path. The GDP of your state starts going up. You start getting all this money going into healthcare. They remember that that came out of the Diwined administration, along with all the other perks that you get. Because I still think that Jennifer Gross said that there was money going into Ohio. There was a financial incentive for every able body person that they could put on medicaid. I'll have to go back and listen to it. Or better yet, if she's listening, would be great if she call in and straighten us out on this. But she laid it out in clear terms that there was a financial upside, but they're real causes. Whenever the states became the whores and the federal government became the pimp. This is the type of behavior that the founding fathers were scared to death of. And it doesn't seem like there's any push to make states great again and get the federal government into a much smaller role. And until we do that, this sort of shady, scummy behavior will continue. It doesn't matter if it's a D or an R sitting in the governor's mansions of red states.
Speaker 2: Well, and the fraud case that I read about the woman who bought a Lamborghini and made millions of dollars bushers receiving medicaid, it's just illustrative of thousands and thousands and thousands of other cases. It's the point that these large, massive, multi multi billion, if not trillion dollar government programs are incapable of monitoring the propriety of any given recipient. They just there's too much opportunity for fraud, waste, and abuse. It's one of those things where there's not And I'm saying this knowing full well this flies in the face of everything I stand for. There aren't enough people in government to monitor it. It's like you need a massive, million person accounting firm that can micro manage the propriety of any given claim under medicaid, and there's just not the ability to do that. And people realize that, and so like, listen, they're not minding the store. I'm going to sign up for it, even though I make millions of dollars a year. Why not give it a shot. Everybody else is doing it. They don't know what's going on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would agree one hundred percent, which is why it needs to be pushed back to the state and every state figure out if they want to do some sort of medicaid program and with the state funded on the state's funds versus it being federal. Along with so many other federal programs that ought to be pushed back to the state, and that would be the only way to take care of this. We're seeing now the Columbus is starting to talk about we're going to have to really trim up our budgets and we're really going to have to start doing something different here that's property tax, but that's also that sweet medicaid fraud money is going to start drying up, and that is going to cause a big problem in states that have been living off that, like Ohio. But anyways, the point is that Houston had a point to say that, hey, we're guilty, we were part of it. He dodged that, unfortunately for him. Yeah, anyways, have a good.
Speaker 2: Day, Brian, Thank you, Jay, Thank you Jay. And the extent we have to pay back more or I don't know how I or you as taxpayers are going to be personally responsible for any you know, prior failures on the part of the state of will Hire, any other state that didn't get on top of fraud, waste and abuse in medicaid. I suspect it's going to have to be a budget line item. Somebody's going to have to carve away funding from some other area of government funding in order to account for the additional money we might have to pay out. Just speculating I currently do. It's like, I have no idea how we're going to take care of that. But again, giant government programs equal in all cases, a lot of fraud, waste and abuse. Six fifteen fifty five kr CD talk station, chime in Feel three five, one, three, seven, four, nine fifty eight hundred eighty two to three talk suspects in the other day, the ones from the beat down over the weekend. Interesting arguments from their defense counsel. See if you buy into that, we got a lot more going on. And then Sarah hearing Herringer coming up at seven oh five. First though, a great product. You're gonna want USA's premium phone. Don't wait, you're gonna regret it. That's the regret you'll have. You get USA's premium foam in your home, and then you're gonna say, damn it, why didn't I do this before? I am so much more comfortable. My air conditioner's not running twenty four to seven, and my energy bills are a lot lower. Wow. That one room in my house that was always hot in the middle of summer and frozen in the middle of winter is now equally comfortable as the rest of the house. Wow, there's your immediate improvement in comfort. And of course the monthly bill you're gonna save every single month you're using your HVAC system because the foam actually works wonderfully. Highest R value on the market. You could be under insulated or have no insulation of those exterior walls. You get USA's premium poham for only ninety nine dollars a month industry, and it may very well result in energy savings that will cover the monthly payment, maybe even more. Regardless, you will say it's a guaranteed return on investment. It's once it's paid for, it continues to deliver on the savings and comfort. One of the few products in the world you can actually point to a guaranteed return on investment like that. So call them. It's a free inspection in free quote. Why not five one three three eight one three sixty two six three eight one foam Fine them online, go to USA Installation dot.
Speaker 1: Net fifty five KRC. We all remember that.
Speaker 2: One Jenleen I and tells us things are improving weatherwise. A lot of rain the midday storms are very likely. It's going to be humid, but humidity will slowly dissipate throughout the day. We'll have a I have eighty three overnight lowest sixty five with Claire Scott. Sunny skies tomorrow and a pleasant eighty degrees with no humidity Tomorrow overnight clear and sixty one and Saturday another beautiful day with partly sunny skies and a high of eighty right now seventy six degrees. Time for a traffic.
Speaker 10: Update from the U See Health Traffic Center. Do you see Healthway? OH center offers surgical and medical ob city care and expertise. Called five on three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. There's a wreck westbound two seventy five before you get to Kellogg. Tran Fay's getting five without a major problem. Most are in the media nutbound seventy five solo. It's just a bit approaching the Brands Fence and Married Way Block Pete Roseway to central police activity.
Speaker 5: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 2: Six twenty Brian Thomas wishing memberly very happy Thursday five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty three talk five fifty on eight and T phone Yeah, back over to the brawl Saturday morning.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Christopher Smithlan just released a post. Here's what he had to say at vote smithlan x account since the council member, Victoria Parks should resign her position after her public post that citizens who were viciously attacked downtown begged for that beat down her words, the woman who was the recipient of that severe blow to the face and knockout. Holly is her first name. Picture now being widely circulated around the internet, posted by quite a few people. She looks terrible. She has got eight an amazing black eye, bruised cheeks, swollen lips. Just man, I pray for her. I hope she's gonna recover and isn't learn any long term problems. But Christopher Smith been demanding the resignation of Victoria Parks. It's interesting because since any inquirer reached out to her because of that statement begged for that beat down, she's drawing her own conclusions before all the evidence is in. So, according to the reporting from Scott Warburn to the inquiry, Parks did not respond to multiple messages Wednesday seeking comment. Park's office in Cincinny City Hall was dark and the door was locked on Wednesday afternoon. When the inquiry reporter knocked, there was no answer. She's currently Mia much in the way the mayor have to have. Purvall was mi Ia until he announced yesterday that, oh, by the way, I was in town Saturday. Yeah, I was back for my mayor's conference in Cleveland that I was there at on Friday. Got back Friday evening. I guess he was in town Saturday morning. In spite of the fact that the video had already gone viral, he went ahead and went on vacation with his family to Vancouver. Yeah, and he said since any choire Scott Warman talked to him. Purvoll said he found out about the fight before he left for his trip on July twenty sixth. Now, Joe's been critical that he's now standing behind his five year old child talking about family needs. My five year old son. This is all about my five year old kids going off to kindergarten. We didn't want to break up this family trip to Vancouver, British Columbia. But my criticisman you could have said something before you left Eric's statement condemning the violins or whatever. I mean, It's not that difficult to do. Have one of your minions do it for you, prepare a statement for you, I'm heading off to the airport with my family. Would you do me a favor and say the mayor is aware of this. He he knows about it, He had a previous engagement. But he calls for qualm and quiet and an investigation and condemns the type of violence that he witnessed in the viral video. Whatever it would have done something. Instead we got nothing, nothing at all. Three suspects arrested in charge for their involvement in that melee the beat down, had their first court appearance yesterday, and finally some actually genuine bonds. Montianez Merriweather, five hundred thousand dollars, thirty four years old. I guess the curfew didn't apply to him, Joe, He's at a full grown adult, probably wasn't looking to borrow a red bike either, one count each felonious AsSalt, assault and aggravated rioting and five hundred grand again his bond to Kira Vernon two hundred thousand dollars bond on one count of each filonius assault, assault and aggravated rioting. And then Jermaine Matthews, who turned himself in one hundred thousand dollars bond dkira Is twenty four and Jermaine thirty nine years old, charged with aggravated rioting and assault. Now, apparently during the arrangements the arrangements, prosecutors talking about Meriwether and Matthews accused them of coordinating the brawl. Since they please detect the testified quote. Ultimately, we do have on video mister Meriwether walking up to co defendant W. Matthews. He whispers something to him, then walks behind the victim, describing the movements as an ambush their words, or in their words, a setup in a certain way. Detectives said, they chase him and they get him on the ground where they begin to punch and kick him on the ground. There's a there's a disengage. Meriweather goes after another gentleman behind another car and then walks to the side and goes to the sidewalk, and there's the third assault occurring in the middle of the roadway. As to Meriwether's involvement in this, we believe he coordinated this with mister Matthews. He walked up to him on the video, whispered something to him, and then strategically placed himself behind the victim. As the assault began. Now his defense attorney said, no, no, no, no, this isn't the coordinated attack. The man identified as the victim allegedly threw the first punch at Matthews after he was allegedly seen kicking his vehicle. Accord to the defense or, the Caucasian man then says, that's your car and slaps my client in the face. That person, the alleged victim in this case, through the first punch. Did a melee occur thereafter, yes, But to say it was a coordinator attack that was the catalyst of what broke out, that is not true and the accurate picture of what broke out, well, I suppose the evidence will at least shake out in courts prosecutor's case. The detective is just relaying what he proceeds to be the case, and we'll see what happens as it unfolds. But see, this does not address the ultimate problem here, which is the absolute outrageous of what I will call an understated way over reaction from the people in the original melee and then the crowd of people who decided to join in the beatdown. You can't wash this away. There is I don't care what the initial dispute is the fact that an entire crowd of people joined in the fun, if you want to jokingly refer to it as that is the real problem here and the reason the whole case has gone viral. Do you think this thing would have made national headlines around the world if it was just a fight between two people over some stupid altercation or incident. He cooked my core? Okay, fine, you guys beat each other up, and one of you has gone to jail and the other hasn't or whatever. That's not what happened here. Six twenty seven fifty five Care sedtalk station, Chimneycare, fireplace and stove. Don't let your house burn down. Chimney fires can burn your house down. That's a genuine problem that's happened before. It could happen to you if you don't have your chimney properly inspected and swept out. Get all that extra creisode build up gone from your chimney. Flu so wood burning fireplace sweep and evaluation special is still going on with my friends. A chimneycare, fireplace and stove. You get peace of mind and safety and prevent your house from burning down. For just one hundred and sixty nine to ninety nine. They do a video camera inspection of your whole chimney, make sure there hadn't been any prior chimney fires or problems. They sweep it with a certified chimney sweep. You are left with comfort knowing at least peace of mind knowing that your house ain't gonna burn down. And they're wonderful at what they do locally. On an operator with an A plus with a better business barrow, Chimneycare fireplaces still have been well around since nineteen eighty eight. I've had it in my house a bunch of times. They do really great work. Learn all about what they do at Chimneycareco dot com, including what I sell in the showroom. You can book an appointment from the website jimneycareco dot com or call them up at five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. That's two four eight ninety six.
Speaker 1: Hundred fifty five.
Speaker 2: Krc UH Channel nine says today we're gonna get a lot of rain. Midday storms they say are very likely today, but the humidity will slowly drop throughout the day. That's great. Eighty three today's high overnight low sixty five rain moves out. We got sunny skies tomorrow, pleasant eighty degree high, clear overnight down to sixty one, and another beautiful day on Saturday which is partly cloudy skies in a high of eighty and low humidity seventy five. Right now, it's time for traffic or maybe not. Joe, go check on Chuck five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three pound five fifty on at and t found Oh Look. Breaking news from five o'clock this morning. Sunsay police are investigating a shooting downtown. Have five o'clock in the morning. Officers showing up at Merringway and Pete Roseway, right by pay Course Stadium on the scene where they found a man shot in the back taking a UC medical center they say with life threatening injuries. Officer responded to the hospital, please shut down Marringway until further notice. Pete Roseway and Central Avenue. They also blocked off a parking lot at least one vehicle as they investigate. That story is breaking. No additional information and I don't know whether the roads are still shut down. What could possibly be going right outside of pay Court Stadium At five o'clock in the morning. And why is there so much violence right there in that particular area. I don't know. Just ask him out loud for a friend. Three kids in the hospital after being hit by a vehicle happened in Walnut Hills. According to SINCINNTI Fire Department Assistant Chief Matt Flagler speaking with Fox, nineteen kids, all younger than five years old, are unstable and thank god they do not have life threatening injuries. Hit by a vehicle quarter to three in the afternoon Victory Parkway near the intersection of William Howard Taff Since My Police Department's Lieutenant John Cunningham, speaking with the News of the driver was fleeing the scene of a fight when he hit the kids. Driver not yet identified, currently in custody, according to Lieutenant Cunningham, that investigation also on going. Two teenagers have been arrested in connection with the shooting left one man dead. In Springfield Township. Police said two sixteen year olds names not released, of course because of their age, charged with aggravated robbery and aggravated murder. Sixteen year olds that after officers in paramedics responded reports of a person shot inside a vehicle eleven thousand block a Brookway Drive, June ninth. Upon arrival, Springfield Township Police found Morgan Myers, who was twenty years old at Claremont unconscious and unresponsive. They took him to Myers to a Mercy Fairfield Hospital, where he then was declared dead. After the investigation, police charged teen year old mail from hiv At a sixteen year old mail from Springfield Township determined the shooting occurred after an arranged drug deal involving Myers. Police said the investigation remains ongoing and urge anyone with additional information to give the Springfield Township Police Department to call it five one, three seven two nine thirteen hundred or the default number for all remember crime Stoppers at three five two thirty forty, send it in a tip, get a cash reward, or don't take the cash reward. No one's forcing you to do it. A forty two year old man dead after his hit by a driver in Coventant happened early yesterday morning. Please showed up the Highway Avenue in west of Spring Street five am. They found Sean Ewing with life threatening injuries. He was taking a UC Medical Center, where he died from the injuries. Coming to Police said the driver involved in the crash remained at the scene and fully cooperative with investigators, and no criminal charges have been filed. Police speaking with WCPO said Ewing was not in a cross rock when he was hit, but investigators are still working and learn why he was in the road. Press release from Coming to Police mister Ewing's family has experienced a heartbreaking loss and we extend our deepest condolences as we continue working to provide them with answers. If you have any information, Covington Detectives would love to hear from you. Eight five nine and two nine two two two three four two nine two two two three four six thirty five Right now fifty five KCD talk station. I'd like to hear from you. If you've got a comment on something going on, feel free to give me a call. But first let me remind you that affordable medical imaging will save you heap loads of money. Fred, you're out there got your road fixed. I know that, but I was really pleased to know that you took my advice and went to affordable imaging services, where Fred saved six thousand dollars. Jeff, I know you saved thirty one hundred dollars going to Affordable Imaging services. But Fred outdid you six thousand dollars in savings? What did Fred get? The same damn thing he would have got the hospital imaging department images. I don't know what he got echo cartogram, MRI, CT scan, ultrasounder X ray, but he saved a lot of money. You don't have to go to the hospital imaging department. You have a choice when it comes to your medical carry. You can go any place you want, and why not save a whole lot? You get, like my CT scans, there's like five thousand dollars at a hospital four hundred and fifty bucks with no contrast six hundred dollars worth a contrast at Affordable Imaging Services, I've saved. I think I've saved more than Fred over the years. I've gotten multiple CT scans and an MRI at Affordable Imaging, same equipment. Hospitals use medical professionals operating, and it'd been doing it for decades. Every one of the images at Affordable Imaging comes with the board Certified radiologists report included in the low price. So be like Fred, be like Jeff, Be like me go to affordable imaging and save heaps of money and spend it on whatever you want. It's five three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Find them online Affordable Meddimaging dot com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc.
Speaker 5: OHC Cincinnati's only.
Speaker 2: Here is your Channa nine first one to weather forecasts. So it's going to remain muggy, but slowly the humidity will drop throughout the day. We'll have a high of eighty three and we're gonna get some rain later today. They say midday storms are very likely.
Speaker 11: Overnight lows sixty five, storms move out, and dry air comes in. Beautiful day Tomorrow high of eighty degrees with sunny skies, overnight clear and sixty one. Saturday also partly sunny skies with a high of eighty described.
Speaker 2: As pleasant six seventy six degrees. Let's get a traffic update, maybe from the uc.
Speaker 5: UP Traffic center.
Speaker 10: You see health weaight ball center offer sergical and medical OBCD careen expertise called five one three, nine three nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 5: That's nine three, nine twenty two sixty three. Crews continue to work.
Speaker 10: With the request pound two seventy five before Kellogg. They are over on the left shoulder and in the medium, I'm seeing no delays approaching the bridge southbound.
Speaker 5: Seventy five continues to.
Speaker 10: Look good through Blackland Marrion Ways shutdown Pete Rosewaite to central police activity Chuck Ingram on fifty five cars.
Speaker 5: See the talk station.
Speaker 2: Sex forty here fifty five ker CD talk stations. Now, did we just wake up one day in the city of Cincinnati to find out that we're short on police officers? Of course not. This has been a problem that's been percolating and brewing over years and years and years. You know, a forward thinking city council would not allow the numbers of the sincint Police Department to drop off as dramatically as they have, so they wouldn't have to pay multiple I guess millions, probably a dollars in overtime hours exhausted police officers. Of course, you know, we had all the problems because of the defund the police movement, Black Lives Matter, anti file all marching in the streets demanding that we get rid of evil racist law enforcement. Of course, the city of Cincinnati being you know, run exclusively by Democrats, embracing that reality, never coming out in defense of the police department and low and behold, oh my god, you got a tragic thing like happened over the weekend, and now they're all calling for strict law enforcement. Combating violence is our most urgent challenge, says Mayor after have Purvall, who decided to come back from Vancouver where he was on vacation, leaving for vacation after already being alerted to the fact that there was this brawl, this beatdown unfolding in the city of Cincinnati, left on Saturday. He didn't tell you that. He didn't even leave a message. So with the limited resources we have in the city of Cincinnati, three count them, one two, three officers were available to deal with the entire district. Apparently that morning, Governor Mike DeWine, as well as what are described by Fox nineteen as local leaders, announced yesterday that the Ohio State Highway Patrol is now going to be providing manpower to help support the CINCINNT Police Department. Pressolice. Governor of Wine announced that Ohio State Higway Patrol is now going to be providing sports to the City of Cincinnati. After the office that local authorities have requested the support amid quote recent instances of violence. Hey, contextually speaking, what does recent mean in that a lot of people concern the violence has been going on for quite some time, yet ignored by our elected officials. So anyway, recent instances of violence is going to lead to additional support from Columbus. Assistance comes in the form, they say, of Ohio State Highway Patrol support with traffic enforcement, which would I guess is designed to free up other officers as well as a bunch of different resources from the Ohio State Highway Patrol Aviation Unit that apparently is going to in the words of the announcement, focus on supporting local violent crime reduction initiatives, criminal suspect searches and vehicle pursuit aviation unit. Is that drones anyway? Purval quote. I want to express my deep appreciation to Governor Wine for his can continued leadership, his leadership anyway, and his assistance in our most important responsibility as a government, combatting violence, our most urgent challenge, and this coordination support from Ohio State from the State of Ohio assist our local law enforcement in ensuring the safety of all of our residents. I'm extremely proud of our police officers for their diligence and exceptional service, and we will continue to be unrelenting in our support of their work. Now, we could have used a lot of the kind of statements like that in advance of this, and over and over again speaking to the residents of the city of Cincinnati that no, we're not going to defund the police. We're going to support them. We're going to do everything we can to help improve the patrols in your neighborhood. We're going to do everything we have to increase police presence in your neighborhood because that's what you, as citizens really want. It's a urgent challenge, it's our it's one of the most important responsibilities as government. That's what he's saying. Now, anyway, let's gore to the phones. Andrew Pappus always appreciate when you call the morning show.
Speaker 12: Hey, Brian, I'm always listening.
Speaker 6: My ducks are going nuts.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, I know I'm on the radio.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 5: I'm stunned.
Speaker 12: I'm absolutely stunned because and I don't get stunned often, but the complete level you mentioned. Aftab was in town found out about this event. Then quite casually actually chose to leave town with his family. And I don't get me wrong, I understand vacations whatever, But when you're when you are the CEO of a corporation and the city is in essence of corporation and you're hired to leave that corporation in times of crisis, I'm sorry your family. You know, family obligations. You say, hey, you guys, go ahead, I'll catch up with you.
Speaker 2: In a day or two whatever. Right, Well, listen, he agreed to cut. He agreed to cut. After that, he agreed to cut the vacation short by four days and come back. I guess because I realized that's not the issue.
Speaker 12: The issue is at the beginning. You know, at the beginning, right, this is when you need to address the situation, not the after No.
Speaker 2: I know, he talked about how important his vacation was. That's why he went ahead after after knowing about this incident and won a vacation because he didn't want to bribe his five year old child of this opportunity. But he's still in the.
Speaker 12: I appreciate that on on on the family level, however, it's not a big ask to say to your family I'll catch.
Speaker 2: Up to you in a day care of it. Yeah, I'm not arguing with you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I know, and and and and the other. And so that that that that goes directly to the man's judgment. And and I questioned his judgment on a professional level as the mayor a lot. Now I seem to question is his personal judgment because I think that he made a really tactical, stupid decision there. But the other thing I'd like to say is, you know, you have the city since the count Cincinnati City council woman who's doubling down on her comments that the people deserve it. And I hope when everybody sees that comment on social media or an article, just post a picture of the poor woman Holly that that that are going run. It's a brutal photograph, but you know what you need to see. You know, you see her laying on the round, people are like, oh, look she's passed out. Oh I hope she's better, you know whatever. But then you see her the aftermath and the bruising, the black eye, the bruise, lift, the bruce chest, and then you're like, wow, you know what this is? This is the dirty picture. I didn't want to see all that hurts me. It should, it should sicken you. And the third thing I'd like to say is, I know you mentioned it earlier. I'm stunned given what I've seen online from her comments, both about this incident allegedly and also her prior comments. Cincinnati Reads last night chose to honor Iris Rally at the game. The Cincinnati Reds chose to honor this person that is seems to be I've heard described. I mean, Signal ninety nine on social media is doing a wonderful job documenting her history. And I will tell you I'm puzzled at the timing of that.
Speaker 2: Yes I am.
Speaker 12: I know that, I know that it might take weeks to line up who you're giving an award to, But given what happened, and given what you saw immediately, you couldn't just pull the plug and say that's not probably the right time to be giving this person a you know, accolade at a Cincinnati Reds game that was quite crowded. My phone absolutely blew up last night when they were giving her an award or an acknowledgment accolades before the Reds game last night. I'm like, you are rewarding people that are tearing this city apart. I mean, do you think that you know, for example, I mean, it's a kid to maybe a team somewhere right after the incidents with Kyle Rittenhouse having him it at center Field, will they do the same thing? I mean, possibly not. I mean, I'm just I'm stunned at this. I can't believe it. And the mayor has I don't know who appoints the people to the committee that she's on, but you know, the mayor. I've seen so many memes going around the mayor fiddling while the city burns in the ground. I mean, that's exactly what's going on. Your mayor is absolutely demonstrating since a city mayor is demonstrating that he has nothing more than an empty suit, a pretty face that is simply not up to the job, because quite clearly he does not have the experience, whether it's in the business world or the public world, to run an entity of this side. He can smile and take nice pictures all day long, and that's fine if that's what you want, but when you elect an empty suit to a position just on accolades and platitudes, when the rubber meets the road, you're gonna be severely lacking. And right now we are lacking, just glaringly. We are lacking any real leadership in this city. But I will say I'm very proud of my good friend Christopher Smitherman, who is going to now partner or co host on Monday, I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the Vake.
Speaker 12: Ramaswami, you know, that's what leaders do. They're gonna sit down and they're going to start and they're going to talk about this publicly. That's what leadership is. You have the Vake on the gubernatorial side that's sitting down and saying, hey, we got a problem, let's address it. And you've got Christopher Smitherman who says, I love this city and I want to help be a part of the solution. Former leader of the NAACP. Our friend Christopher Smitherman is going to is going to be part of the you know, discussion on how where do we go from here? And I am so happy to call him my friend. I know he's a friend of the program. I know he's a personal friend of yours y and I am I that's the way forward, not these toxic people like Irish Raleigh and the and the Cincinnati councilwoman. And and to be fair, Mayora does not provide a does not instill me any confidence that he is in any way capable of finding a way forward through this, other than you know, placing blame where it may not belong or throwing accusations. I mean, the mayor is simply it's simply a talking you know what he is. Actually, it's just occurred to me. Have you ever watched the news program where you see a talking head talking about a news a news story, and you know they have absolutely no.
Speaker 2: Idea what they're talking about.
Speaker 12: They're just a talking head. Cincinnati, congratulations, you have elected a talking head as you're mayor.
Speaker 2: But uh the uh uh Ron Burgundy, hold on a second, their partner.
Speaker 12: I'm pretty sure I called somebody Ron Burgundy yesterday and they laughed at it.
Speaker 2: You did, and you were right, and you called it out properly. Just put something in front of him and they'll read it. I appreciated Drew pappis wonderful observations, and I share your thoughts and comments along those lines. Five to fifty one fifty one five keresee de talk station. Don't worry. May have to have parvol said he's going to make an announcement tomorrow about how the city will combat crime and address public safety concerns, but when talking with the Cinsinni Inquirer, he wouldn't reveal more details ahead of tomorrow's announcement. Continue to wait for it and get in touch with plump type plumbing. Plumbing done right. They live by that model of than he deserve better. They deliver on better, better plumbers, better customer service, better pricing. They enjoy an a plus with the better business parren half for a long long time, never charging his service free. They offer free estimates for any residential plumbing problem. You're in the best hands with the folks of plumb type plumbing. Then I'm one installed in the Tri State for tankless water heaters. Save money with tankless, save a lot of space with tankless, don't have to replace it for a lot, long, long long time. The last the average of five plus years or more longer than your traditional tanks. And of course the greatest thing about it, I think is the fact that you can never ever run out of hot water endless hot water with a tankless system. Just one of the service's plump tight offers, including trenchless, sewer line repair replacement, never digging up a yard to have to deal with that issue you're in that you're in great hands. Plumb Tight dot com t I T plum tight dot com. Schedule appointment right there or call them up at five one three, seven two seven tight five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three.
Speaker 11: Fifty five the talk station seven oh five if you're a fifty five air CD talk station. Bryan Twne swishing everyone a very happy Friday Eve. Secretary of State Frank Leroo is coming up a one hour or followed by I heard media aviation expert Jay Ratliff every Thursday at eight thirty. In the meantime, I am honored, blessed to have in studio Sarah Herringer and apologies right out of the gates, Sarah, I have been saying herring jurror since your story broke June fourth, when she lost her husband to a horrific murder in their apartment over the Rhine. No need to do all the details on that, Sarah. I know you're still recovering from the aftermath of that. But Sarah Herngerry, it is great heaving in city to talk about some of the problems that I mean, you obviously experienced the worst and most horrific of problems in what happened on June fourth. But as we were talking before the segment started, the idea of crime in over the Rhine, you've had plenty of experience with it. This isn't something new.
Speaker 13: It's not something new.
Speaker 14: It's been something that's been building and accumulating for quite some time. And at this point we are seeing the fruits of the labor of the city leadership really being harvested or coming to its fullness right now. This is not something where all of a sudden in the summer of twenty twenty five, wow we have crime issues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well, you know earlier in the program just think before the top of the our news break, and I had mentioned to you that I brought it up. We didn't just wake up in the city one day and say and find out, oh my god, we're one hundred and fifty or more officers short. This is a problem that's been building for a long long.
Speaker 14: Time, a really long time to my understanding, even back to two thousand and eight where they're recession so hiring freeze. But those are things that you're able to project and see coming, and any type of business a private corporation would not just stand by and just be like, oh oh well, or not have to change their strategy in order to recruit to compensate for that deficit.
Speaker 13: This is not something.
Speaker 14: I mean, there's been a really long runway to be able to predict and see where there's going to be a lack of police force, and there just hasn't been any action or necessary action, the right kind of action to fix it.
Speaker 2: Well, in any prudent, logical, and reasonable person, when you put politics aside, the most important component to a successful city is safety.
Speaker 13: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: In order to encourage anybody to live in the city, in order toencourage any business to invest in the city, you're going to have to have at least a perception of a very safe city. So failure of prioritization is where I always come down on this. So you're short on resources, you know, you got budget cuts, you got to tighten the belt. The last place you should be talking about tightening the belt and not refilling depleting ranks is the police department of all places.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, and as of late, I mean AFTAB has talked about how there's money for it. You know, we're not currently in a situation where there's not money for public safety. The money is being given elsewhere. It's not it's not actually being allotted to what it's it should be. And I mean safety is a is a basic human need. It is like it's we're we're not asking for you know, the whole Maslow's hierarchy. We're not asking for self actualization here, we're asking for safety.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think it's easy to observe we are. We live in sort of de evolutionary times. I mean, yeah, people fly off the handle, they do obnoxious, insane things. And as evidence by the viral nature of what happened on Saturday morning, that a horde of people out of nowhere would just start congregating and beating the living hell out of someone who clearly had lost whatever fight led.
Speaker 6: Right to it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's so appalling. That's that's why so many people click on it.
Speaker 14: I think, yes, yeah, And I mean and even if there had been a fight between two grown men, the mob response to it, and then the woman who was beat just by it and by just standing there and checking like that, those are you're just like what has happened.
Speaker 13: Why are we why are people acting like this?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 13: Why is this behavior even something that no one thinks twice about?
Speaker 2: Well, clear hesitation, clearly the folks involved in and thought nothing about it. And again that maybe is the reflection of a broader societal problem. But amid this seemingly broader society will breakdown if you want to call it the evolution or problem we're facing with just lack of morals, ethics, logic and reason. That's at the time when you need the police. That's when you need more of it. You need a bigger police presence. You need apparently by all reports, three o'clock in the morning Saturday, when this is out three total officers available.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's and they are very short staffs within those hours. Same thing with the hours that it happened with us as well. Uh, and how is that safe for the police? How is that safe for them?
Speaker 2: It's a good question, you know, like it thinks about the safety of the police. Do you think about the safety of the community.
Speaker 13: But no, And they're human beings.
Speaker 14: It's like what, Yeah, if there is something like that going on, and it tends to I mean, even we've seen what juveniles it being like more of a mob type thing. If you are are one officer and backup is minutes away or not or air Yeah, not there at all.
Speaker 13: What are you going to do? It's unfair for.
Speaker 2: Them, it really is. And you know, I had never really put myself in the position of a police officer having to deal with a mob of thirty or forty people like, you're right, what is the protocol for management of that? Because you're just as likely to be subject to the beatdown or maybe even bigger violence as the person that you're there showing up on the scene and reporting to the call for exactly. Oh my, well, how long leading up to fourth? How long had you lived in over the right.
Speaker 14: We've been in Cincinnati for ten years, and eight of those ten we've lived in OTR.
Speaker 2: And you decide you invested in the community.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Your late husband's business was right there by Finily Market as I understand it.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, we've had a business downtown for ten years as well, invested in it, lived in the community. We didn't want to be one of those people who was like, oh, we have a business downtown, but.
Speaker 2: Moving off to the suburbsaving when you go home exactly.
Speaker 14: We wanted to invest in the community that we lived in because I think that's far more powerful for people to do that, that's what community is.
Speaker 2: Well, I get a sense you embraced the idea of doing that. I mean you obviously have a love and passion for the city. Yeah, absolutely, but actually, you know, to choose to invest your dollars there, you thought that was obviously a worthy Endeavord did at some point of leading up to June fourth that you come to a conclusion that, well, maybe you might have made the wrong decision in that regard.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 14: There have been a few times where it I mean, the city is not safe like that, that is very apparent, and there had been times over the years where, uh, you know, this is not the first interaction with crime, unfortunately, obviously not ones with such great consequences, But there have been times where we're like, you know what, if maybe we had opened our business out in the suburbs, you know, there wouldn't be these headaches.
Speaker 13: There wouldn't be.
Speaker 14: But I the thing that we that I've always loved about Cincinnati is Cincinnatians love Cincinnati.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 14: And downtown is a great place for local businesses. You don't see. It's the city is so unique and the fact that you don't see it riddled with chains and overrun by corporate and you have these local businesses and this local spirit and this local heart of the reason why this city has made a turnaround. Yes, they're you know, we can contribute model properties and three CDC with you know, developers as far as that goes, but they've given it back to the people and they've allowed for them to come in and have you know, that entrepreneurial spirit and everyone downtown they want to support local business. They don't want to go to chains. And that's the reason why we chose downtown is because it's like starting a business.
Speaker 13: There's a lot of risk to it.
Speaker 14: And you can see it's very evident in the heart of everyone downtown that they they want it to thrive. And the local business owners are the reason why Cincinnati got to where it's at. And unfortunately, the leaders that we have elected to protect our investment and protect the community are also going to be the ones where it ultimately comes down to us, We've got to leave. We can't just keep investing in something that you don't protect and you don't honor the way that we've chosen to what can we do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that goes I've searched for an explanation I have. Christopher Smith been a form of vice mayor on the program every week, and one of his mantras his repetitions over and over again, is his unhappiness with, if I can phrase it that way, the city leadership for their failure to out loud and regularly support the idea of the police working with the police, telling the police the population generally the police are not They're not bad people. They're in fact, a wonderful organization that really is there to help you, and so we need to work with them. Let's establish relationships. The silence from the administration has been deafening along those lines until, like I'm surprised it didn't pop up right after June fourth, But in the aftermath of what happened on Saturday, now you're seeing even folks like AFT have Purval talk about crime being the most important thing we need to address and deal with.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Where have statements like that been prior to Saturday.
Speaker 14: Well, they've you know, they don't want to admit to failure. And I understand that that's political suicide and as well. But you can't fix a problem unless you admit it's there.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, and I'll say this out loud, We'll bring it and we come back. Do you think maybe part of the reason for their silence and their fared outloud support police and failure to be forward thinking and keeping the numbers of officers and ranks at a reasonable level might be because of the left wing wing of the Democrat Party that demands that we defund and rethink the police department. So let's pause, We'll bring Sarah Herringerr back and we'll have further cood discussion. She is in studio for the full hour and I can't thank her enough for stopping in and addressing these issues so important to every resident of the city of Cincinnat. At seven sixteen right now, we'll be right back on Colway.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station, our Ieheart.
Speaker 2: There is your Channel nine first Warning weather forecast. Sorry, Sarah and I were engaged in conversation. I should have spoken earlier, but here you go. We got midday storms they say are very likely. Humidity will drop throughout the day, leaving us a humid free day tomorrow. Today's high eighty three, sixty five, overnight rain moving out. Got a mostly sunny date tomorrow with the high of eighty nice overnight low of sixty one with clear skies, and Saturday is going to be partly sunny and also eighty degrees seventy four degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update, Chuck from the UCLP Traffic Center. You see Health Weight Loss Center off of Sergic going medical obesity. Hear an expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three highway traffic. That's a slow go around downtown right now thanks to closures. I believe the Vice President is on the road. Westbound two seventy five has closed it for seventy one, So are all the ramps from Newport to two seventy five on southbound fourth seventy one. Chuck Ingram on fifty five karras the talk station Yeah seven nineteen seven, twenty fifty five KERCD talk station Brian Thomas with Sarah Herringer Olido Patrick Herringer, who was tragically murdered on the fourth of June. This year in their apartment over the Rhine, and we're not going to dwell on that, but it's the predicate for her being on the program this morning, but also the predicate for her I would say, wonderful activism. You have been an outspoken critic of the problems we're talking about here in the city of Cincinnati since that happened, and it's it's terrible that that had to lead to this, but I think you're doing a great job of elevating to everyone else's attention some of the big failures we have. I saw your post the other day about the judicial system, and you know, we're talking about that before the program began, and that's one of the failures the judicial system. We have these you know, for one of a better term, you can call them what you want. I'm going to say liberal judges. I think they've been convinced that the criminal justice system is somehow unfair and that for whatever reason, bonds are a bad thing and we shouldn't have cash bonds, and that meeting out justice for people who have actually been convicted or have you know, plead guilty or pled guilty rather to any given crime aren't given enough time. It's almost like a handslap. Don't do it again and lo and behold, there they are back in court again, are involved with the police again. So that's one I think that's the biggest problem that we face by way of challenge. If we all got on board and we all said, yes, we need more police, we're going to do more lateral hires, we're going to refill the ranks, we're going to start better patrolling. We'll come up with all the solutions for the police department to do whatever's within their power to do. If there's nobody on the tail end providing the justice that's necessary, the deterrence effect that's part of the justice system, then it's a pointless gesture. And I know you have talked to officers and uh and I told you before. My sister's retired police officer. She still has a lot of friends and they stay in time. And I've talked to other people and we had a judge on yesterday Betsy Sunderman also the same conclusion that morale is in the toilet and police don't have any incentive to actually do their job and enforce the law.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, yeah, you do. You see, uh, you know, not in the information that I posted. Is that's just scratching the surface. That that is you know, some cases that we were able to get a hold of and show, but it's just showing a trend. You know, it's a single data point, but it's showing a trend of what the jujitsial system is is doing and they how they are interpreting the law and really taking matters into their own hands instead of It's like, if you're going to do that, then where is the critical thinking. You're not supposed to write like it's supposed to be interpretation of the law. But you're just letting these people out over and over and over again. And the truth is is there are very few people who are doing most of the crimes. It's not that you know, and that is why you're seeing them over and over and over again. And there is no deterrence for them. And that is clear in Cincinnati, they criminals are making fools of them. They are not afraid of the cops, they are not afraid of judges. They are are killing there. There's a murder every single night. And also the crime that is happening, all of those can easily escalate to murder. So even when the chief of police is saying, well, we only have five percent of crime is murder.
Speaker 13: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 14: All of the other crimes that are happening can very easily turn into that. And there they there is no fear happening like this. You know what happened to Patrick. We were not out on the streets. We were sleeping in our home. Yeah, and he entered our home expecting right, Yes, like not worried about it at all.
Speaker 13: Yes, quite honestly.
Speaker 14: And when you have, when you have a certain population that none of us can think the way they think. There's there, you know, that's the whole thing. We even when you're talking about people who want to be lenient on criminals.
Speaker 13: We don't have the mind of them.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: We we like that.
Speaker 13: That is not we We would never do something right like that in the.
Speaker 2: Right mind, would kick a door in in the middle of the knowing full well that someone was occupying that dwelling, you know, And if that were to happen in my house. I'm heavily armed. I'm a proponent of the Second Amendment, and I exercise my right. I'm a consumed carry holder. I have strategically placed firearms in my home. I'm prepared for that situation, so you.
Speaker 13: See it does and it's is.
Speaker 11: You know, it speaks volumes and being woken up at four o'clock in the morning from exactly yes.
Speaker 2: Sarah, I'm glad you made that point out lawd it's time for a break. We're going to continue this discussion because I want you to enlighten my listeners about some of the other crime that you personally and your late husband experience leading up to June fourth, because I think some of my listeners will be quite surprised about what I believe you described as feral gangs of children. This is really disturbing thing stuff, folks. It's seven twenty five right now, We'll be right back with Sarah Herringer. Don't go away fifty five KRC dot com. Here's trending now, Tippers Shannon and I first one to weather forecast. Got a uh midday storms they say are very likely, so expect some rain today and expecting humidity to drop throughout the day, which is a welcome relief. Eighty three for the high, overnight low sixty five. Clear sky's got a sunny, beautiful day tomorrow, the high of eighty and no humidity sixty one, the overnight low clear and on Saturday, another partly sunny day, another high of eighty seventy four degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update from the UCF Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: You see howth wave mouth center offer sergic coin medical a b Cdkaren expertise called five one three nine nine two two sixty three. That's nine three, nine two two six three step found seventy five slows out of Lackland North found seventy five out of ear Linger into the cut in westbound two seventy five, getting better from Kellogg through to four seventy one after being shut down earlier. Chuck Ingram h fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Here fifty five care CD talk station tried to have a happy Thursday slash Friday Eve. It'spite of the subject matter we're dealing with here, and it is a tragedy that gave rise to my conversation this morning here with Sarah Herringer in studio lost her husband to murder in their own home four o'clock in the morning, which is obviously an illustration of at least one of the many problems we have in the City Cincinnati with crime, and you know this can be a learned behavior.
Speaker 6: Sarah.
Speaker 2: You were telling me about some of the crime that you and your late husband experienced leading up to the fourth because you've been in that area for about seven years plus or minus. You had your business started there, so you had a lot of interactions with you know, folks in the community, good and bad. Let my listeners know about some of the what you described, and I thought it was a great way you phrased it. These feral gangs of children that you had encountered regularly.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, every every summer we were we're like, oh, yep, school's out, there's uh here they come and you see acts of children and I mean they're anywhere from eight sometimes younger sometimes all the way down to five years old, but around eight to thirteen, fourteen, and you'll see them seven, eight, nine of them, and there's one teenager you know, that's in charge of all of them.
Speaker 13: And there's not a parent in sight anywhere.
Speaker 14: And it's not talking about like, oh it's you know, nine o'clock, still in the lights out in Cincinnati.
Speaker 13: Just our summers here are amazing.
Speaker 14: It's eleven twelve, one o'clock in the morning and they're running amok and there's zero supervision, parenting, consideration for their safety either. And that is a pretty standard practice in the neighborhood that I've lived in for the last seven plus years.
Speaker 2: Well, and I've talked to psychiatrists, psychologists, law enforcement officers, people who work with you know, human services and trying to provide a better path in a better way. I mean, it is my nineteenth year and radio I've had more discussions I even can remember about that, and without fail, almost one hundred percent, everyone will point the blame at the criminal problem, the crime problem at the hands of the loss of the nuclear family, the fact that these children don't live in a loving environment, even just if it's one parent. And I think that, I mean that right there, what you said, that there's somewhere where this child ultimately goes and calls home, that there's not a person there fretting and worrying over the fact that they're eight nine year old child isn't home by midnight even oh yeah, absolutely on any given night. I don't care if it's a Saturday or Tuesday.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's a lack of secure attachment for them. And that's where it starts. And that's why even you know, thinking that prison is going to reform people, it's like prison does not reform anyone. And you have to start back that age back at that point, that starting point is really where it begins.
Speaker 2: As with children, Yeah, punishment is a deterrence.
Speaker 14: Absolutely. There has to be consequences, and there really are none. And when you have a brain that doesn't already you know, it's not formed, fully formed, it doesn't really understand consequences to begin with, and you allow their behavior to continually have none, what are you teaching them?
Speaker 2: Well, And you can make a parallel to the education system that way as well. If you're going to go ahead and pass a child along to the next grade when they don't have the skill sets necessary to master the material in the grade they're in, they're not going to learn anything, but they will learn that regardless of how little effort they put into the project, they're going to get moved forward.
Speaker 13: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you had experienced with I think you referred to him as a junior arsonist.
Speaker 7: Yes, we.
Speaker 14: I mean again, unfortunately, the crime that we've encountered that personally downtown hasn't been limited to this instance. We had boxes in the back of our pickup truck and they were set on fire, and initially we were like, maybe it's the smoldering heat, and we pulled our cameras and there were three neighborhood kids who set them on fire. And when the fire marshal, who did an exceptional job finding them, catching them right away, it was not their first offense. The one, the kid who had actually set fire to the boxes, that was his third arson charge. And in between the time of him being caught and booked for arson of our truck and showing up for his first day of court, he had also been tagged with a agglevated burglary attempt. And so the and this is this is a juvenile and you know, even if we want to talk about the juvenile court system, I mean that the whole idea behind that right was rehabilitate first, punished second. But that started back when kids were shoplifting, not when they were doing the type of crime that they are committing now, and including crime, yes, ye exactly, murder, theft, assault, rape. These are very different crimes that kids are committing these days, and again not the type that you're you know, a child that has secure attachment and their needs met and parents not not the same outcomes rightly, clearly, and uh, you know.
Speaker 13: Get the getting the child, getting the kid to even show up.
Speaker 14: We did press charges because we're like, listen, you set our truck on fire, and this was not the first time you did this. This was not a oh, I'm gonna see what happens, and yeah, this is this is something that you're in intentionally doing. They knew to cover their faces. They were like the whole thing was I'm like, oh, they're well versed in this, and clearly I thought nobody had held them accountable before. And then you start going through the court process and you see that they don't show up. It ended up being far more of a pain for us getting subpoena, for Patrick getting subpoena all the time, and he's like, no, I don't want to charge the parents' money. I want this kid to stop being a menace to society, and there's nothing in the system to hold them accountable. So we ended up just being like, ah, just you know, leave it, like it's I can't keep being subpoena and stop everything that I'm doing. It had been well more than a year and we're still dealing with this. And the other thing was in the summer of twenty three, and this was a really big issue. We're in the market district, family market area and our business was broken into multiple times, now multiple business it's over nine businesses in that market area had been broken into. There is a bar that ended up having to go out of business because they were broken into so many times. At some point you're like, you can't You're going to be unensurable. You can't keep firing or filing. And we you know, the business owners we had congregated, we we were meeting with city council trying to get help, trying to get help. I ended up having to go to the media then as well in order to get any type of response from the city. And then they put a beat cop down there during the day so people coming in would feel safe. And it's like that is not when criminals are doing crime. So again it's already then we see optics and not doing the work to protect the business owners of that area. And the truth is there was no policing done. We had on our instance, they sent over a cop. She had a tiny little notepad. Ouh, you were broken into no fingerprints. We had cameras, they did not ask for footage at all. There was nothing as far as looking for the actual person. And then there was one one guy who was arrested, the one who actually did the break in. One night, we had seven people break in at once because the one guy broke in and multiple people came in. Patrick had to go, my husband had to go and find that person and have choice words because he kept trying to break in during business hours. Even there's no the criminals do not fear police, They do not fear repercussions. And so Patrick and that's you know, we handled it in a way. He's a pretty intimidating looking guy. And you know, the other guy didn't come back, but he even went to the police and was like, I can show you where he is. And the one that they they did end up arresting, who truly was mentally ill and really didn't do a lot of harm.
Speaker 13: I actually got a letter last week.
Speaker 14: It was addressed to Patrick saying, hey, this guy didn't show up for his court dates, so we've warrant to you know, we've worn out for his arrest and if you need anything, called the victim's advocate. And it's it's like it's just a it's a clown show the whole thing. You're like, there isn't going to be justice with the current system that's happening. There's no follow through. And yeah, I think you know there is even down to a point which we talked about earlier, and apathy that is coming. That is so clear from the police department at this point because they're humans and how many times can you just see the same criminal release before you're like, what am I doing?
Speaker 2: Well? Pause, We'll bring Sarah hernker back for a couple more segments here in the fifty five Caarsee morning show in lightning and depressing it is, but it's wonderful information to get out there. Maybe they're elected officials out there listening who might decide to start working on some solution. And speaking of solutions, I'm going to talk to Sarah about some of the ones that they have put in place and whether she believes any of them are bearing any fruit along the positive lines direction seven thirty nine. Right now, if if do you have Kersey talk station OKAUE.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: Weather time Tan and I says it's nice day to day although we get midday storms, they say, very likely right it through that because the humidity will drop throughout the today. Of going down to eight or going up to eighty three today down to sixty five overnight minute gone. We have a beautiful day tomorrow eighty degrees with sunny skies, overnight low sixty one clear, and a partly Sunday Saturday with a high of eighty degrees seventy five. Right now, time for a traffic update. Chuck from the.
Speaker 10: UCLTH Traffic Center u SE Health weight while center offers sergical and medical OBCD Carren expertise called five one nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three North Bend seventy five. You can add an extra three to four minutes out of earl Linger into downtown South Pound seventy five, having us passed the Reagan Highway on westbound two seventy five, no longer a delay between Kelbogg and Fourth seventy one.
Speaker 5: Chuck Ingram Month fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven forty two. Here fifty five KRC the talk station Brent Thomas with in studio Sarah Herringer, widow of Patrick Herringer murdered in their home June fourth, and over the rhyme talking about problems in heroin in the system, and I think we've identified a lot of them. But what about the so called reduced crime plans or whatever community activism is supposed to be going on, funded by a government. It's to address the problems that we're talking about today. Generally speaking, you had mentioned to me this Act Act Initiative initiative. Yeah, there, it's on the city website.
Speaker 14: It has a lot of you know, really passionate, flowy language, you know, trauma informed. Sure, you know, yes, absolutely, and it's it's well intentioned and it sounds like something that would be beautiful for the community and that everyone would want. However, the problem that we're having, I mean, at this point, the numbers that I found is about five and a half million dollars has been dumped into this program of taxpayer money, right, Like, that's everything the government pays for is our.
Speaker 13: Money, and there is zero line by line on where this money is being spent.
Speaker 14: We know it's going to nonprofits, we know it's going to consultants, but there's also no metrics for success attached to it. How will you know something is working? Where is the transparency on accountability? All of this money that's being put into you know, uh, giving out sandwiches and hip hop classes, how is.
Speaker 13: That deterring gun violence?
Speaker 14: And how can you prove that this money being spent is doing exactly what it says that it's going to be doing. And there just is zero follow through metrics, accountability, transparency, and it extends far beyond just the Act initiative. There's really no published data betwind spot Shotter, the Pivot program, There's multiple programs that they the police have told me this that they just keep renaming but they already know doesn't work.
Speaker 13: But they need to put money somewhere.
Speaker 14: And that is a big problem is they just keep funding and putting things and you know, paying people salaries.
Speaker 2: Right, it's like a ribbon cutting ceremony. Oh look what we brought, you cut the ribbon and then never talk about it again.
Speaker 13: No, absolutely no follow through.
Speaker 14: Do we know what we're doing working and this is how we're going to measure it and if it's not, then we already have a plan B. Because yeah, sometimes you need some trial and error in order to get things to work. Recognize, but you have to have the accountability and transparency, and I think that is the number one issue that we are seeing with our local government is there is zero of that. There is zero transparency, there's zero accountability, and they are not measuring or tracking. And so you might even have well intended and good people, but they're not competent enough to measure the outcomes of something because they don't exist and they think they're doing a great job and they're not.
Speaker 13: And the results, as we've seen in Cincinnati speak.
Speaker 2: For itself at the crime levels.
Speaker 13: I think it's pretty clear that we know that whatever they're funding is not working.
Speaker 2: So yeah, wait a second, all these metrics that we're looking for, how do you determine if it's working or not. You can't prove something. Of course, we prevented all types of crime, and these statistics would be through the roof but four. But they're still on the up switch. Yes, we're not getting better than last year. We're getting worse.
Speaker 14: Yes, and significantly worse, especially in the downtown OTR area that is really skyrocketed in crime.
Speaker 2: And destroying what they the very thing that they were looking for when they redeveloped over the Rhine. Now I'm old enough that I worked in over the ruine at Finlay Market when I was in late high school in early college. That was before any money was in. It was just really kind of comparatively a disaster visually anyway, But honestly, I really never feared. I wasn't afraid for my safety or anything. I worked some goofy hours. You didn't get there at five o'clock in the morning, and sometimes you were you know, you hit the bar afterwards. And yes I was underage. They didn't really care back then, and maybe not get home until eleven o'clock. So I was there in different hours, but never I never was concerned. Parked on the street, walked by myself to my car. I wouldn't do that now to save my soul.
Speaker 14: No, Yeah, and I can't speak to it then. However, Yeah, I can't say it enough, like downtown is not safe. And this is because of right the current leadership that we.
Speaker 2: Have, and I imagine it is probably having an impact on real estate values. There's wonderful condos that people spent six hundred thousand dollars for. You're not going to get that back now. Word's gotten out. So the project and the motive behind it to get young, money earning tax payers to move into this urban, hipster, walkable community environment that they talked about all the time. It's going the opposite direction. Why because they embrace this sort of liberal philosophy when it comes to meeting out punishment in the criminal justice system. We'll have a few more minutes with Sarah Herringer. Take a quick break.
Speaker 11: Here, be right back, fifty five KRC. Here's your Channel nine first one forecast. Put a smile on your face. Give me mostly cloudie today. We're going to get some midday storm which they say are very likely, but rejoice. It's going to just go up to eighty three degrees and the humidity is going to be leaving the area today, which is great. Overnight los sixty five, clear skies, sunny skies, Tomorrow eighty and.
Speaker 2: No more humidity. Overnight low sixty one with clear skies and a partly sunny Saturday. And I have eighty seventy four degrees right now. Time for traffic from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: The UC Health Weight Loss Center offers sergical and medical OBCD care and expertise called five one three, nine, three nine two two six three that's nine three nine twenty two sixty three North.
Speaker 5: Found seventy five.
Speaker 10: Break lights continue to build an extra five minutes between Donaldson and downtown saf Found seventy five. Getting heavier or coming out of the Wachman split, everything clears by the time you get past the lateral. Chuck Ingram on fifty five kr S the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Day three seven fifty one fifty five kr C the Talk Station, closing out this hour long discussion with Sarah Herringer, the widow of Patrick Herringer, and we've been talking about the aftermath of the tragedy that happened to their home on June fourth, when someone broke into their home in the middle of the night, four o'clock in the morning and stabbed her late husband to death. And this has given her a platform to bring to everyone's attention, most notably those who might not be inclined to vote in an election. I will say I'll volunteer that, Sarah. I'm not going to put words in your mouth, but at least you know you're in a position because of this that people are paying attention to what you're saying. Right, You're a provider of valuable information and with the spotlight on you. People are like, oh my god, I did not know that was going on. I did not know that we had no accountability with these programs. I didn't realize the judicial system was this broke when you got judges releasing these repeat offenders over and over again. So I know my listening audience, and I certainly applaud your efforts in doing this because in spite of the tragedy that you have to deal with and continue to cope with, at least you have the limelight for a while. Do you think there is any possibility as we fast approach the November election, we have a complete Democrat council, and I don't think that necessarily means that they are against police or not. But we know over the past forty years what has happened within downtown Cincinnati. We know we're down on police numbers. We know they didn't get ahead of the police department numbers loss. We know that they in some cases maybe of allocated resources that should have gone to law enforcement or public safety in other directions. Do you think there's still hope for the city. I mean, would an administration change or a shakeup on the membership of council or maybe the mayor. And I know it's an unlikely scenario that the city's going to start, you know, maybe turn to Corey Bowman. But do you think a seat change on council and leadership might help?
Speaker 14: I would have to say yes that a seat change would help. I also want to be critical of those who just think if we, you know, changed over the entire regime, then these problems would just go away overnight. It's still power that is being abused and what's really important for people to understand and to learn how to navigate when we're intentionally not tadd this. As Americans, you get a Civics class in ninth grade when you're too young and you don't care, and the rest of your time is spent on STEM. You only learn about the political system if you choose to major as a political science major. But there needs to be a demand of transparency and accountability for whomever is in leadership, and the leadership now what they they could change? You know, if we go back to cancel culture even it's like, why don't you give people an opportunity to make changes and show us can they or will they? And if they won't, then yeah, I think that's it's a pretty good argument for getting someone out and giving someone who is saying that they're in alignment with your values and want what you want a really good chance.
Speaker 13: And it is the truth. You may not get that entirely.
Speaker 14: And so I don't think we should put all of our eggs in one basket of We need a complete new regime, We need an entirely new leadership. We also need to learn how to use our voices to hold those accountable who are there.
Speaker 2: Well, it's difficult to hold them accountable. And here I am take a cheap shot at af to have Purwall when he leaves town after knowing full well there has been a terribly violent occurrence in the city and he decides to leave in the afternoon and go on vacation. Anyway, Yes, I said that out loud. I'm not putting words in Sarah Heringer's mouth, but I think it speaks volumes about a failed administration. Sarah. I am a listening audience, and I pray for you, hope you know, for your swift recovery in the aftermath. It's very emotional time for you. But again, I really truly applaud your efforts and trying to get people engaged and involved. And if you could ask something of my listening audience, I mean, what would you say, I mean, be more like me and bring this to people's attention, talk about it more. I mean, any advice or something you would ask of them.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean I wouldn't tell them to be more like me.
Speaker 14: I would say, I would say, believe in yourself, empower yourself, for sure. But these are really important things and people. I do believe that most people are good people. They're doing the best that they can. And we all want safe you know, safe homes, safe communities, a place for us to have a good life, for us to create beautiful things, for us to you know, reap the benefits of everything that we're working so hard for. And I think what I would would tell them is to stay fighting.
Speaker 2: Sarah Herringer, it's been a true pleasure having you in studio. I appreciate your time today and your efforts thus far, and I hope you continue. You got a good voice, you have obviously a lot of respect from a lot of people generally speaking for what you're doing in the courage you're showing. Of course, amid the tragic circumstances that gave rise to all this what I'll call activism. Keep up the great work, Sarah. And if you ever need a voice, if you ever have something to pass along, if you get additional developments you want to spread farther and wider, you are more than welcome to just even place a phone call here to the fifty five KRC More and Shore, or make the trip back in. I love having the studio.
Speaker 13: Yep, We'll come anytime.
Speaker 2: God bless you, Sarah. Take care seven fifty seven right off top of the our news or and hear from Secretary of State Frank LeRose he just got back from a meeting with Donald Trump regarding election integrity. That plus I heard me the aviation expert Jay Ratliffe, come on bottom the hour at eight thirty. Stick around us.
Speaker 1: Happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour. Not going to be complicated, It's going to go very fast. Fifty five KRC the talk station. This report is your summer pocket knife of information.
Speaker 13: That's the only way to stay in for him.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the talk station, Ato six fifty five kr SE the talk station. It was an amazing conversation with Sarah Man. She has maintains her composure, and I was expecting an allergy outpreate to be quite honest with you, and almost had one in the close of that segment with Sarah, she did want everyone to know. While she did not want to talk about the actual murder of her husband and wanted to steer clear of the details of that he died saving her life. So wanted to make sure that everyone knew that because Sarah thought it a very important and yes, a very important detail concerning the quality and character of the late Patrick Herringer. Welcome back to the fifty five KRSE Morning Show. Completely changing gears to a very positive meeting. Apparently we have on the program the return of Ohio's Secretary of State, Frank LeRose. Frank, it is always a real pleasure having you on the program.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks for having me back, Brian, looking forward to this conversation and hope things are going well for you.
Speaker 2: Things going great as far as great goes. But understand, speaking of great, that you had what might be described as a great meeting with the White House regarding voter integrity the other day. I saw your post on social media about that, declaring it a very productive meeting. What was the purpose of the meeting, what did you discuss, and what do we have to look forward to? Frank LeRose, Yeah, this is a.
Speaker 4: Group that has grown in the last several months. Way back in February, just a month into the new administration, myself and one or two other secretaries of State got together with the President's policy team. At that point, they were just in the development process of the Executive Order on Election Integrity.
Speaker 9: That the President has done.
Speaker 4: And then we met again in April and it was a larger group, and now getting together in July, we had I think fifteen twenty other secretaries of State from around the country, including, by the way, a bipartisan representation. I'm proud to say we were able to get a few Democrats to join in the conversation, and that's good.
Speaker 9: That's how elections administration should work.
Speaker 4: And largely what the conversation.
Speaker 9: Was about is list maintenance.
Speaker 4: Now you may start to think snooze, boring list maintenance, absolutely not.
Speaker 9: Actually.
Speaker 4: In fact, one of the most important things that elections officials do is maintain accurate voter rules. And it's hard. We've been leading the charge on this in Ohio for a long time and kind of setting the example for the rest of the country.
Speaker 9: And how do you maintain accurate voter rules?
Speaker 6: What does this mean?
Speaker 9: Taking dead people off.
Speaker 4: The rules, taking making sure non citizens never get on the voter rules, right when people move from one county to another, or god forbid, somebody moves out of Ohio.
Speaker 9: Don't know why they would want.
Speaker 4: To do that, making sure they get removed from the voter rules. So those are the things that we've done in Ohio for a long time. But we've had to work around the federal government.
Speaker 9: Not so much with the federal government.
Speaker 4: Even though they are a repository of a lot of this data that we need to do voter list maintenance. In fact, last year I had to sue the Biden administration to try to get some basic citizenship data so that we could prevent non citizens from becoming registered to vote. I can tell you it's been a complete change of attitude with the Trump administration, and what they're doing is truly remarkable because they're pulling together all these different parts of the federal government, and isn't that what an executive is supposed to do and getting them to actually do the job you see, the Social Security Administration has good data on who has died because they don't want to send those Social Security checks anymore.
Speaker 9: So Social Security is really good at that, but they wouldn't give us that data.
Speaker 4: Finally, they are the Department of Homeland Security has pretty good data on who's a citizen and who's not, but they made it enormously hard for us to get a hold of that. Until recently, the federal government didn't always know what the left in the right hand was doing. But the Trump administration's pulling all those entities together to make this thing called.
Speaker 9: The Save Database work.
Speaker 4: The Save Database is what secretaries of State are now able to use in a much more streamlined way to maintain the accuracy of our voter rules. And I couldn't be happier with the work that the Trump administration is doing. By the way, previous administrations told us that this would take years to do, It would cost millions of dollars. They may never be able to get the project done to do this, and the Trump Administration's done it like in the last five months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need a new laws for immigration on the books before we could stop the open border from happening. And oh, look, no new law, the borders shut down. It is amazing what a change of administration can bring about.
Speaker 9: Leadership.
Speaker 4: Leadership matters, And I'll tell you what, government is excellent at making excuses. And there's a lot of good people that work in government, don't get me wrong, But deep within the bureaucracy, whether it's a city hall, a county government, a state government, or the federal government, are a lot of people who are just wired to say no because it's safer that way. Well, the federal government has not always moved this fast, but the president has got his people say and yes, yes, we can do this. We can find a way to access this information, by the way, in a way that is secure and maintains confidentiality for people's personal information. But we can use the vast troves of data that the federal government has to maintain accurate voterals.
Speaker 6: It is our job.
Speaker 9: And by the way, it's actually called for.
Speaker 4: In legislation that was passed years ago. They just keep telling us they couldn't do it. Finally, this administration is making it happen.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess I'm kind of curious to know what the argument was in the years they were fighting against your getting access to this critically important information that they have, Like, for example, the Social Security Administration. Now we know that they have two hundred year old people still apparently perceived as alive. That's being worked out and fixed. But generally speaking, let's seem for the sake of discussion, they have some really good, valuable information on who's died. What possible reason could they articulate for not letting you have it? Because federal law does not allow dead people to vote in elections. You want those off the rolls just to prevent fraud from happening. Isn't that a concept that should be universally embraced, regardless of political strife.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And listen, the data that those Security Administration has is pretty good.
Speaker 9: Because they don't want to send checks to dead people.
Speaker 4: Anybody that's had a loved one pass and we haven't in my family just in the last year, those Social Security checks stop pretty pretty a properly, they're usually pretty much on top of that. What we had used for years is and we still use this, by the way, because this is a multi layer approach, is we use the Ohio Department of Health and we get that list from them every month I actually passed the bill when I was in the state Senate that created this process. Ten years ago, this didn't exist, but every month the Department of Health tells us who has passed. We used that list to remove them from the vtererals. The challenge comes in about people that pass away in another state or even God forbid, out of the country, because the depth record is generally created where the person is deceased. So if you're at your place in the Carolinas or Florida or whatever else and.
Speaker 9: You pass away, we know about it, and obviously the.
Speaker 4: Federal government is able to aggregate that at a fifty state level much more effectively.
Speaker 9: You asked the question what was their excuse.
Speaker 4: Their excuse was generally some version of you hay seeds out there in flyover country wouldn't know what to do with this complicated government data, and you would probably incorrectly remove people from the voterals. There was a bit of a great deal of arrogance. In fact, a person from the Department of Homeland Security last year, when we were asking them to be able to query their database using common numbers like last four of US Social Security never repaired with data of birth, full name, address that kind of thing. She was saying, well, we used to allow states to do that, but we think that they were misusing it.
Speaker 9: So we stopped and I said, well, trust us.
Speaker 4: It's my statutory responsibility to remove people from the voterals, for example, non citizens, and keep them off the voter roles.
Speaker 9: So trust me with that data and make it available to us.
Speaker 4: Again, we had to sue the Biden administration to get that, and so it was a lot of arrogance from the people in DC.
Speaker 2: Quite honestly, I can't chalk it off as arrogance. What I think it is is actually that they want to create an environment where it is possible for people to vote who are not lawfully entitled to vote. I mean, we've got all these blue states that are losing hemorrhaging taxpayers and replacing them with illegal immigrants. It's happened in California, it's happened in New York, New Jersey, all the other really high tax states that everybody's fled. I think some of them even said the quiet part out loud, is we need of these people here for the purpose of maintaining a certain number of representatives in the House. But more fundamentally, if they're allowed to vote, this certainly could be large numbers influencing the outcome of the election.
Speaker 4: Well, Brian, maybe I was very carefully answering the exact question you asked me, because you asked me. The reasons that they gave me one that we couldn't handle it. But what you're getting to is their motivation behind the scenes. And yeah, you're right, I think that it's a mix of just that insidious. Some people, particularly on the left, just want the vote voter rules to be voted.
Speaker 9: Others just don't believe.
Speaker 4: It's a problem, and they say, well, you know, nobody would actually try to commit voter fraud. It's exceedingly rare. And I'll be the first to tell you as a percentage of the overall total of votes, it is a It is a small number. We see, you know, dozens or hundreds. We prosecute them, and we make sure that people face justice.
Speaker 9: When they do try to break the law.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing. Elections in Ohio come down to small margins all over the country, and yet it's probably not going to determine a governor's race or a US Senate race. But you know what, it can make a big difference in a school board election or a little tax levy, a mayor's race. We've had mayors races in Ohio within the last couple of years that came.
Speaker 9: Down to a coin flip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so don't tell me one fraudulent vote is something that we can just you know, let go by.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess I saw an article about Georgia. Was a Secretary State Brad Raffensburger part of your working group. Brad was there, Yeah, because he just announced they're removing four hundred and eighty thousand inactive voters in their state's voter rolls. And so obviously that a potential looming problem right there. And there's there's four hundred and eighty thousand people it shouldn't have been on the voter roles in the in the first instance.
Speaker 4: And kudos to Brad for doing that. We haven't always been on the same sheet on things. But but but Brad's an engineer by training, as he comes with a background in construction and architecture, and he's a good mind when it comes to the analytical set of things.
Speaker 9: We're doing the same in Ohio.
Speaker 6: We do it every year now, so.
Speaker 4: Our numbers don't necessarily get that large. But we've got a couple hundred thousand that we're removing in September.
Speaker 9: Now, what you're going to hear is just watch for this on.
Speaker 4: Social media and in the newspapers. The liberals are going to claim that I'm urging the voter rolls and I'm taking all these people off the voter roles. We're not taking people off the voter roles. In most cases, we're taking bad records out of the voter rules. And so we've got a couple hundred thousand that are set to be removed in September. I had an innovation a couple of years ago that other states are now following.
Speaker 9: We published that list.
Speaker 4: We published that list months ago, and we said, if any voter advocacy group, city, any groups out there, think that my list is wrong, then crowdsource this, go through it, tell me where it's wrong. But we've gotten that down to.
Speaker 9: A pretty good process now.
Speaker 4: And when we removed those couple hundred in September, what we're doing is taking away those that have moved out of state and failed to remove the registration, those that may have died out of state. And because we didn't have that social security data previously. We didn't catch them in our scrub of deceased voters and in those that are just duplicates. And sometimes that happens very rarely because of a data entry error at a board of elections, But when there's humans involved, there's found to be some level of human error. And so we're proud of the process we have in Ohio and really hold it up as an example for the rest of the country to follow. This came up in Congress just two weeks ago where there was an election expert testifying in front of the House Admin Committee, and he said, look at what Ohio's doing, and the other forty nine should.
Speaker 6: Follow that well.
Speaker 2: And to the extent someone was erroneously removed, that doesn't prevent them from reregistering to vote, does it.
Speaker 9: It will take you.
Speaker 4: About two minutes register to vote at vote Ohio dot gov if you are a eligible voter.
Speaker 9: And by the way, we don't want to remove anybody.
Speaker 4: Inaccurately, so we'll go through a lot of processes to get this done right and get this done accurately and real quick.
Speaker 2: Because it's been a hot topic or conversation of late, people who are registered in more than one states and receiving benefits from more than one states in the Medicaid program, when you find that someone has moved out of state in your efforts to keep the voting roles accurate, does that information get shared with Medicaid by any chance?
Speaker 9: So not directly. We have to go through the process of doing that.
Speaker 4: I'm actually involved right now in a conversation with the US Department of Agriculture, which maintains the SNAP system right commonly known as foodstaffs, because have found evidence of people receiving food stamps in multiple states yep. And so we've got a conversation going right now with Secretary Rollins at the Department of Agriculture, and then we have to do the investigation to find out are they registered in both states?
Speaker 9: Did they try to vote in those states?
Speaker 4: And if they did, we'll pursue prosecution for them where the second voter curt because that's where the crime is.
Speaker 9: If they voted a second time in Ohio.
Speaker 4: Will refer them to our county prosecutors and our state AG or to that state's ag where the second voter curve.
Speaker 9: We take this stuff very seriously.
Speaker 2: Welcome news to my listening audience, Secretary of State Frank LeRose. God bless you, sir, Thank you for the time you spent my listening audience and me this morning, and keep up the great work. Thanks Bryance, my pleasure. It's a twenty I heard me the aviation nextpert jay or at Lev coming up. Looking forward to that. I hope you are as well. First though, if getting out of bed, let me get starts right. When you get out of bed, I'm talking to you, folks, dealing with arthright is pain. You hit the ground and you're like your knee, your back screaming at you, maybe your joints, and you go down the stairs and it's like, yeah, I understand, well, how about getting rid of it? I know you talk to the doctor. You probably a bunch of steroid injections. You may have been talking about surgery. But you know what, if there's an option for you to have that healed and get your life back on track without pain, and you are offered a free opportunity to sit down with medical professionals to talk about just how that can be accomplished, wouldn't you take them up on it before you went under the ninth That's what I'm asking to do the QC Kinetics is offering the free consultation. Medical professionals there use natural cellular therapies, not scalpels or pills, just long term relief with no dread of recovery. Natural biologic treatments from your own body, concentrated and put right there where that pain is, which helps heal the pain. Now, I don't know if you're a good candidate. That's the purpose of allowing you to have a free consultation with them. So call them up and find out. QC Kinetics give them a call. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero.
Speaker 1: Zero one nine fifty five KRC. More information about contests on this station go.
Speaker 2: To fifteen Jana nine. First one to weather forecast finally delivering some good news. Although today we do get mid day storms, they said they are very likely the humidity will gradually drop throughout the day and will be humidity free by tomorrow. Today's hi just eighty three sixty five overnight clear skies is sunny, humid free day tomorrow with a high of eighty going to be clear over night sixty one and eighty for the high on Saturday as well with partly sunny skies sixty five degree or seventy five degrees. Right now, let's get an update on traffic, Chuck from the.
Speaker 5: UCUP Traffics Center.
Speaker 10: You see health Weight Bouth Center offers sergical and medical ob city care and expertise. Call five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three septh pound seventy five briery lights continue through the block mun split for an extra five northbound seventy five improving a bit, slows just north of two seventy five into town to lay times under the ten minute mark. Ten bend seventy four slows approaching seventy five. Chuck Ingram on fifty five cares see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey twenty nine on a Thursday slash Friday eve. It is that time of week. I always look forward to get an update on things aviation and sometimes more with I heard media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe, Jay, my friend, welcome back to the morning show. Always a pleasure having you on.
Speaker 6: Hard to believe that July is almost past us you know, I'm not ready to let go any of this summer. And you know, we turned the page and we're talking August.
Speaker 2: I know I've had like four conversations over the past twenty four hours on that exact topic, like how in the hell is July over?
Speaker 4: This is just lah?
Speaker 6: Oh well, like forth coming up sometime soon, I know, coming gone.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's out of the list. But I know you can handle this one. I throw your curb ball every once in a while, which you have no problem with. I was reading it was reading on the update of the collision between the air the airliner and the Army helicopter that happened. I guess that was what januine, which seems like yesterday. I know that they try to put some measure of blame on the air traffic controllers, but it's been revealed that apparently the altimeters really aren't up stuff in the black Hawk helicopters, and they might have not even known what altitude that they were flying. I saw an article, I guess on Fox saying the Army acknowledge that Blackhawk helicopter altimeters maybe more than one hundred feet off, before adding that their pilots aim to maintain altitude with one hundred feet of e limit. I guess aiming to and accomplishing it two completely different things. But altimeter issues, but the other thing that almost was more troubling. I know, you've got a lot of strong words for the Federal Aviation Administration pro and con, but the FAA didn't make any route changes or provide polets with any warnings despite eighty five near misses in the past three years. These are military flights, and I think I asked you when this first came out, Jay, why in the hell do they have to fly so close to an airport that's got jets coming in and out of it.
Speaker 6: Well, you have a lot of people being shuttled to and from the inner workings of Washington. You have a lot of military political people that are being being shuffled back and forth. Kind of an air taxi is the best way to look at it. And then you've got NonStop training, You've got a bunch of other things that are taking place, and yeah, it just happens to take place right next to a large commercial airport. And we've had issues and this has been on the radar for the FAA for a number of years about how this has become in their words, you know, in my estimation, they looked at it as more of an annoyance than something that was directly related to a safety issue, because again, the air traffic control team in the military have worked well together to make sure that these you know, near accidents didn't become accidents, and it took something like this for everybody to kind of wake up and say, wait a minute, we've been flirting with this disaster scenario for such a long period of time. It was just something that was pretty much waiting to happen. But when it first took place, the first thing that hit all of us was the fact that the aircraft that was descending was at an altitude that should have been well above where that helicopter was allowed to be. And knowing that it was higher than that suggests that, okay, either the crew made a mistake and ignored some of the or misinterpreted the air traffic control communication, or there could have been something mechanical going on with their aircraft. And when we hear the altimeters are not completely reliable as we would like to and I'm thinking, how in the heck is that possible to the military aircraft where you would want everything to be. You took for the crew standpoint absolutely perfect. It makes you think, why what? And you know, that's the first time that I had heard of the fact that the equipment on board that type of a helicopter is less than one hundred percent reliable. That means that some of this stuff is subjective, left up to the crew to do your best. And to me, that is just that's not aviation, that's the old days of crop dusting. We're talking about state of the art technology that these men and women should be able to have and the fact that they didn't. Now whether or not that did or did not contribute to the to the crash, we don't know, but it's obvious that most flight crews would not have been that far out of position. The regional jet was where it was supposed to be, the helicopter was not, and sadly that's what led to the disaster.
Speaker 2: Well, honestly, I really don't care about the time commitments of the people being shuttled back and forth just to have the flight to go in front of a runway.
Speaker 6: It sounds like I feel more important if they shuttle me like that, I feel, you know, yeah, yeah, I'm a thousand percent behind his usual brother.
Speaker 2: All right, rather than go over, let's go take an earlier break, and then we're going to address the packer of passenger of evacuation from an aircraft for the tires of change, which can dovetail into the congress or congress manalies calling for revised safety evacuation assessment.
Speaker 1: That a whole lot more.
Speaker 2: With Jay rattlife would be right back, don't go.
Speaker 1: Away fifty five KRC the past.
Speaker 2: I heard me theaight ah expert, Jay Ratlett every Thursday at this time, moving over dovetailer with another issue. You brought up congressmen apparently calling for revised safety evacuation assessment, citing previous studies which apparently were flawed. You can explain that. But we also have a passenger of vacuation. I saw the video from this one. Be careful when you're sliding down the slide, but the tires had caught fire. Can you marry these two subjects? Are they completely different?
Speaker 9: Jay?
Speaker 6: Well, they dubtail, they do. I think it's not a stretch. But we had the American Airlines flight that was in the process of taking off. Of course, we have the incredible hot summer temperatures. Those tire overheated blue caught on fire. The takeoffice is canceled and the smoke from the fire on of the tire starts to seep into to the cabin area, and the captain calls for an immediate evacuation. So they have the evacuation process where the flight attendants are screaming, leave your hand, carry bags behind, get off the airplane. Now, remember ninety seconds is what we should be looking at, getting everybody off that aircraft. Well, everybody's going down the chute. And then of course afterwards you see the video of people strolling across the tarmac with what bags of wheels behind us? Now wait a minute, that would suggest that these idiots stopped and collected their large overhead compartment luggage and slowed the evacuation process. Now, Brian, if it were me the FAA, I would say, I'm finding every one of these people one hundred thousand dollars fifty. I would find them to the point that it smacked them up side the head with one of these things. Because it was back in twenty sixteen, American Airlines had a aircraft in Chicago on fire. It took four and a half minutes or so to get everybody off the airplane. No nobody was injured or nobody died. There were some minor injuries. The National Transportation Safetyboard, in their usual incredible all star effort a year later, came out with their final report. One of the things they cited, this is in twenty seventeen, was that passengers need to be held accountable if they slowed the evacuation process, because that's what delayed that flight and everybody getting off not ninety seconds but four and a half minutes. So the thought back then, the recommendation seven years ago, was let's do something about this. We've not twenty nineteen, Aeroflot aircraft gets hit by lightning. They land, the aircraft's on fire. The whole back of the airplanes on fire. They can only evacuate out the front. The video shows people coming down the exit ramps, one after the other, after the other after the other, and then it stops for like eight seconds, and then you see this idiot with three large bags taking his big butt off the airplane. Moments later, the airplane blows up. Forty one people die. Do you think that that guy caused the death of people behind him. Absolutely, So, Brian, this is such a huge issue that we're just not addressing. And that's one of the reasons when I see that, the fact that people have completely ignored the instructions of a uniform crew member, which is a felony by the way, not being held accountable, it really bothers me. So that's what happened in Denver. But the Congressman is not necessarily addressing that. He says, Look, we have a ninety second evacuation rule in aviation, and he's saying that you know, as you and I know, that every aircraft approved for commercial use has to demonstrate that that plane can be evacuated safely in ninety seconds or less when half of the exits are blocked in limited visibility. Now, to make sure this is the case, the FAA does a test every few years to make sure that we're still in compliance. So they took a group of people, ran the test, stamped it as approved. This was about five years ago. This congressman thing time I hear there were no children used in this test. There were no unaccompanied children, there were no children traveling with passengers or their families. We had no elderly passengers we had no service animals. We had people of average size.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was just going they do a study thing that included morbidly obese folks.
Speaker 6: They did not. They did not. So the thought is that this isn't an accurate assessment, and he's calling for a do over.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 6: I appreciate the congressman's efforts here, but Brian, I so want these efforts to be directed towards today's problem of I don't care if we have a ninety second achievement and it's right or not. It's the fact that we have these people that are defined year after year after year after year the rule of leaving your large bags. Look, if it's winter, you need to pop the top, grab your coat and run. I totally get it. But to drag a bag out and slow down the process is to me unforgivable. And what's going to happen is, sadly, eventually you and I are going to have the very sad conversation where something happens, people die, and that's when these same people who are doing nothing now are going to pull that hamstring running to the nearest microphone so they can proclaim how they care and how they're going to make sure this doesn't happen again and all the other craft that's going to come out of their mouth, now's the time to do something about it. And with these liftium batteries that continue to overheat on a flight at least once a week, these emergency evacuations are only going to increase in frequency. So if there's never been a more critical time for this discussion than now, I don't know what is. And we've got to do something about it.
Speaker 2: Well, you started off on your rant, and a well worthy worthy I might interject sucker is saying, you know, if it was you, you'd find them one hundred thousand dollars. Something that would make it stick, something will wake people the hell up that they shouldn't be slowing things down in an emergency situation. Is there currently any law on the book? Now, you mentioned you have to obey the orders of the flight attendant. I'm sure the flight attendant said some of the effects, we're going to emergency evacuate, leave your stuff where it is.
Speaker 6: Is that and constantly say it over and over and over again. Certainly eighty times they say that as passengers are evacuating.
Speaker 2: So you haven't a scene. The other day from this tire fire where you said people were getting off the slide and had their bags with them right there. You have great illustrations, they're on video. You know who the passenger list is. You can find the folks, find them.
Speaker 6: They don't. They don't. And that's that's one of the issues you. Of course, it might be, well, we may not get everybody. Well, I don't care if you see forty eight people out of two hundred that are out there with a large back This as a backpack that they pulled out from the seat before him. Totally understand. You can hold out to your chest and go. But when you're talking about these great big things, that just slow things down. But of course you get into that legal murky waters of okay, this is subjective. Is my large hand car roller bag bigger or smaller than your backpack that you had carried down? In other words, is everybody again fine? Only part of them? Begin Whatever it is, something's got to be done to send a message.
Speaker 2: They'll have to lawyer up and pay a guy four hundred dollars an hour to make that argument on their behalf. That's enough pain to go through, just the legal process, even if the guy's successful and convincing them that it's arbitrary or whatever. At least you force them to some pain as a consequence of them putting everyone's life in jeopardy. Jeez, Louise, Jay, that's such a heart breaker.
Speaker 6: It is a lot of times we I'll have this discussion and somebody emails the me. He says, Jay, couldn't they just lock the overhead compartments to make it impossible? And certainly that is something that could happen, and they could do it. But the problem is that muscle memory being what it is, passengers would forget that they're locked. Yeah, oh yeah, and precious time trying to unlock the guessing it's stuck. They're going to pound on it, and all that's going to do is slow the evacuation. Muscle memory also comes into play during an emergency evacuation when people reach for their seat belts. We found in emergencies they don't look to lift the flap. They do as they do in a car. In an emergency, they're putting their hand down there to push a button that's not there. And that's one of the reasons the pre mark of the pre flight briefing, the flight attends are reminding everyboy, look, when you're getting out your seatbelt, you lift the flap. Most people are just laughing at that. No, there's a reason for it, because we've had people trapped in their seats because they couldn't get their seat belt off because they're subconsciously just trying to push a button instead of looking down and lifting that flap.
Speaker 2: Okay, I one of the people that last with it. Again, I have never, ever, ever not operated my airline seat latch incorrectly or tried to push down on a button. Sure, Jay Ratliffe, let's find out about why that.
Speaker 6: When the plane's on fire though, brother, Yeah, and there's people freaking out and you're in that flight or you know, effect light mode. Who knows what we're thinking.
Speaker 2: Don't put me through that. I don't want to find out what we got.
Speaker 4: More.
Speaker 2: We'll find out why Delta Airline pilot was arrested. Plus we'll get a hub delay update and uh at a joke streker like pay increase rejected by United flight attendants.
Speaker 1: Be right back with Jay Ratlift fifty five krc OHC.
Speaker 2: One more time for the weather. Ten and nine says today not bad mostly cloudye and uh, midday storms are very likely, but we get a drop in humidity throughout the day. Eighty three for the high sixty five overnight clear skies, sunny and pleasant eighty degrees. Tomorrow overnight low sixty one with clear skies and a partly Sunday Saturday, and I have eighty again, closing out at seventy seven degrees. Time for final traffic.
Speaker 10: Chuck from the UC Triumphanks Center huge see health weight while center offers surgic on medical O Bcdkren expertise called five nine nine two sixty three.
Speaker 5: That's nine twenty two sixty three.
Speaker 10: Wreckcom westbound two seventy five before kellogg is over on.
Speaker 5: The left shoulder. No delay approaching the bridge.
Speaker 10: Southbound seventy five parak flights continued through Lachland, same for northbound seventy five futtermilk towards Kyle's chuck ingram on.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: Coming about seven or eight fifty to fifty five kr CD talk station Frank Thomas. One more segment here with iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Ratliffe and a Delta Airlines pad got arrested after the flight landed in San Francisco. How did what brought this about? Jay?
Speaker 6: This was a Minneapolis to San Francisco flight. Flight lands pulls to the gate's announcement for everybody remained seated, the jet bridge is attached, the door opens in ten. I believe it was law enforcement officers stormed the aircraft and you're thinking, Okay, who are they? After you go the cockpit and remove the first officer from the plane. Apparently there was an issue with sexual abuse children other types of things.
Speaker 2: Oh one, you know that that he was being.
Speaker 6: Questioned about, So what indn't that taking place? They removed him and out the aircraft. He went in front of everybody. So I don't know why it required that many, but I'm sure that they have a good reason for it. And yep, he was removed from the flight delta. Obviously, no comment yet because of you know, everything's still being being worked out, but that was the reason. Initially when it happened, we didn't know what the problem was, but later on we were given the details and yeah, that's that's what was going on in that situation.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Well they'll have fun in prison knowing what they do in prison too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Joe Strecker like pay raise offered United flight A and it's twenty six percent pay raise. He gets those every year, Jay, apparently not every quarter.
Speaker 6: But yeah, flight attendants or United said no, thanks, wow. They had about yeah, they had ninety I think twenty six twenty eight thousand flight attends forgive me, the numbers are going to be approximate. Here they have ninety two percent maybe voting, and seventy some percent of them said no. Uh, they said it wasn't industry leading enough. And one of the reasons that flight attendants, pilots and others when they have these back and forth negotiations, it's a lot like an NFL contract or a baseball contract. You know you're going to be in it for a number of years, and you want to make sure that you are being paid, you know, adequate to what everybody else is making. And most of these agreements you want to be slightly above the average so that you know you're going to be stuck with us for three, four, five years, that some of this is going to come into play. And the flight attends are saying, look, we've helped United become a much better airline over the last several years and it's their turn to, in essence, make up for our past sacrifices. So anytime you're getting into this back and forth with salary, it's it's a difficult scenario. I loved Alaska Airlines and how they approach this with their flight attendants. They gave them at the time an industry leading benefit package and salary, and they said, if there's any agreement after this that comes out that makes this unfair, that's not the word, but you know what I mean, we'll readjust it and we will make it appropriate. So that was great. Other airlines, that's not necessarily the case. But you know, if you're an American flight attendant, you're hoping the United crews get a real nice pay raise because then when you go to the negotiating table, the hope is you're going to get something comparable. So you seventy six percent of them said no, thank you to a twenty six percent pay raise.
Speaker 2: Holy cow, that is amazing. All right, Well, as we typically do, let's end the segment on hub delays that folks are going to be flying today, what's going looking like out there for them?
Speaker 6: We've had times when I said, oh, the best day of the week to fly. This I think is the worst day of the week to fly. We've got weather that unfortunately not only is rolling through our area but up towards the northeast, and it's been hammering Detroit for most of the day, and as the day progresses, some of this is going to impact flights towards the northeast. But if you're heading to the airport and you're connecting through Detroit on Delta, definitely get to the airport early and then Boston is going to get it later in the day, probably New York. So if you're flying to the Northeast, just do not be late. Get to the airport tours before departure. That way, if your itinerary is impacted, you know they've got a chance to take care of you if there's a change to your itinerary.
Speaker 2: Appreciate the heads up on that. Jay Ratliff, always a distinct pleasure to have you on the program. I thoroughly enjoy our conversations. I'll look forward to next Thursday with another aviation segment, and I wish you and your better half a great weekend weekend you too, my friend. Thank you. Thanks brother. Eight fifty four to fifty five K Seedy talks stations and what a distinct pleasure it was to have Sarah Herringer in studio, the widow of Patrick Herringer, who was murdered in their home in Over the Rhine on June fourth, And again reminder, we didn't talk about it. We were trying to steer clear of the details of the murder itself at her request, and of course I understand that, but sort of an exclamation point on what a terrific guy we lost in this horrific crime. He did die saving her life. So I felt the need to point that out since she mentioned it to me off air, And she's just just a terrific woman doing doing what she can right now to bring the problems of crime in the city of Cincinnati to everybody's attention while she has the light to the limelight to do it. Secretary of State Frank Lrose was some good news on election integrity. He spent the day with a whole bunch of Secretary's of State from around the country with Donald Trump on election integrity and sharing the data. Yeah, it would be nice to know if they've got a list of you know, dead people to share it with US. Apparently a lot of hurdles thrown the way of Secretary of States like Frank Lrose and others from the r Our administration. They got it all ironed out. Listen to what he had to say on that, and of course my conversation with Jay rathlup. It's all a fifty five KRC dot com on the podcast page. Thank you Joe Strecker for winding up the guests. I truly appreciate that and all that you do to make the show go, because with that you wouldn't enjoy that twenty six percent pay ratio. I hope everybody knows that that is the absolute farthest thing from the truth. I hope you continue tomorrow Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. Great segment one that you definitely need to listen to to keep you out of trouble. At least he's trying. So we'll do that tomorrow. Have a great day, folks, and don't go away. Gone backs up next.
Speaker 1: News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 11: You're moving very quickly at fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Straight