Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW twelve oh nine. When you hear that music, you know it's time for Bill Cunningham. Bill Cunningham has a day off, so it's me Dan Carroll sitting in for the Great American Bill Cunningham till three o'clock this afternoon. Glad to be here, Glad you are here as well. We start off this show with the head of the FOP, Ken Kober, and a story that broke a couple of days ago about something called the Alternative Response Program. And this is something that goes on in the City of Cincinnati certain nonviolent calls. You have mental health professionals respond to these calls that are non violent. But now I guess there is at least it's city Hall, at least someone is talking about expanding this program to have these individuals respond to other calls that could involve car accidents, that couldn't involve noise runs, things like that, certain hazards. And ken Kober was in the news this week putting up some objections to that, and the fire Union was doing that as well. So let's talk to ken Kober and get some more information on this. But ken Kober, once again, great to have you on seven hundred WLW. How's it going good?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me. Hey man, Before we get into the nuts and bolts of this, let me ask you this. It's been a couple of years. I went back and looked and it was actually in December of twenty twenty three that you started this job, so a little over a year you've been the head of the FOP now, and I guess when you came into this. You were already involved with the FOP before you came into this, but being the head of it, being the president is a little bit of a different animal. I would imagine. How has it been perception versus the reality of how things have gone for you during your time as the president of the FOP.
Speaker 2: It's been an interesting ride, to say the least, to see the inner workings.
Speaker 1: Of the day to day business of the FOP and then.
Speaker 2: Also you know, the the political side, you know, dealing with the city politicians and whatnot.
Speaker 1: But it's been it's been a fun ride so far. Yeah, has has it been the perception versus the reality? Has there been much of a much of a difference there?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: I kind of had an idea, like I said, I've been you know, heavily involved in the FFP for a long time, but there were some things that were a bit of a shock. But like I said, by and large, I kind of had a pretty good idea what I was getting into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, media wise, you get pretty good treatment here on the big one on seven hundred. Wow, what about the rest of the media so far, It's it's been pretty pretty good.
Speaker 2: That was kind of the It was a little bit surprised, But yet everybody's treated me pretty well, which was which was certainly a pleasant surprise.
Speaker 1: Okay, talk about this program where they want to have mental health professionals and I guess non police people respond to certain calls the Alternative Response program. According to what I've been reading, it's been I guess it's been in place since twenty twenty two. So how is the Alternative Response program working on a day to day basis out on the streets.
Speaker 2: So when they started this in twenty twenty two, and we actually negotiated for them to be able to do, it's called alternative Response to crisis.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: There are mental health professionals that would go around with a firefighter and they would primarily deal with non violent people. That are having some kind of mental crisis, you know where it's listen, I just I need housing, I need some of these things that were they really weren't even though they were traditionally police matters. It was just something that they're like, listen, we can provide them better mental health services by having a mental health professional.
Speaker 1: It made sense.
Speaker 2: That's why when we negotiated our contract last year, we added that into our contract and said, look, you guys can do this, have it.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: But then what's happened since is they've decided, well, we're going to expand this. We now want these other group of people who are going to respond to auto accidents, to hazards, to crashes. And I told them in August last August in a cease and desist order and said, listen.
Speaker 1: You can't do this without negotiating with us.
Speaker 2: And they ran right through that warning and decided they're going to do it anyway. So we filed an unfair labor practice and I can tell you so far it's been an absolute disaster with having these folks running around doing these things.
Speaker 1: So, I mean they've already started doing these things. They didn't consult with you ahead of time.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: In fact, like I said, we warned them that if you do this, we will file an unfair labor practice And of course the fire department's done and they've been out for about six weeks now, and so far I've heard complaints of you know, them showing up at auto accidents, letting people that are visibly drunk drive away.
Speaker 1: They've had a woman who.
Speaker 2: Was like eight months pregnant was injured in an auto accident. They told her just go to the police district. They didn't call for the fire department, which is something we absolutely would do as police officers. Just go to the police department and and get a report. And it's you know, it's it's doing a disservice to the citizens of you know, having these people respond to these things.
Speaker 1: So was this something that was a directive of the city Manager's office. I don't remember this issue coming up before full council. Now, this was.
Speaker 2: Something that the uh the director of Communications, Bill Vedra, this was his project. He wanted to implement this and that's the problem that it has been. And I've got now daily since this has been in the news, I've got citizens from Cincinnati that are calling the FOP hall, going what can we do to get rid of this? This is an absolutely disaster, But they're not giving them the option. So if you call nine to one one and they go, hey, I'm in an auto accident, they go, okay, well we're going to send somebody from three to one one, and now I'd rather I want a police officer to show up. Well, communications is the one that decides that. So I guess now they're decide, well, we don't we don't care if this is what the citizen wants, We're just going to send somebody from three to one one.
Speaker 1: That's that is certainly a bit of contention with the citizens. Yeah, let me let me read to you from the from the city's website. And because I was research, I didn't know much about this response business, the or they call it the ARC, and uh, let me read to you from the city's website, and they write this that the team responds to low risk calls where individuals are not imminent risk. The team deals with low level behavioral health crisis and issues that arise from public health needs and poverty. Some examples are trespassed calls, welfare checks, intoxicated parties, and mental health crisis. So ken Cober, My question to you is, when you hear calls for a trespass for a welfare chech, intoxicated parties, mental health, when you hear a call a dispatch for those are you able to discern initially, just based on the calls for those types of services, which ones are violent and which ones are non violent, and which ones do not have the potential to escalate to a violent situation.
Speaker 2: That's what's laughable about this. They say, all this is a low level, low risk. Any time you encounter somebody that's intoxicated, you know they're not in a normal mental state or a irrational mental state. Those things go from zero.
Speaker 1: To one hundred and no time flat, and it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely undermines how dangerous these things really are. Police officers will go to a trust passing run. We just had one at the beginning of January, a trust passing run right across from District one. Is a guy a garage sleeping at night that turned into a knockdown, drag out fight where a policeman gets.
Speaker 1: Punched in the face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're going to have a civilian that has no training or little training, and absolutely no way to defend themselves. We're going to send them on that run. The city is just waiting there. They're asking for this to be a problem. It's going to get one of these folks hurt, if not killed, and the city is going to have some liability that they probably don't want.
Speaker 1: This is just insane that they're even doing this. I was under the impression, having spoken to you on several occasions, that the relationship between the Cincinnati Police Department, the rank and file, and the relationship between the you know, those individuals, and the relationship between city Hall was I'm not going to say it was one hundred percent great, but I was going to say it was at least workable, that that you had a pretty good working relationship, and this, to me seems to put that relationship in jeopardy or at least put some stress on that relationship. Am I am I off base on that.
Speaker 2: No, No, you're absolutely correct, you know, and we have enjoyed you for the most part, you know, a workable relationship with city leadership. And that's why I sent out a letter before they even started hiring for this, because I'm like, I wasn't trying to blindside them, and all of a sudden just go file and on our labor practice.
Speaker 1: I warned them that we were going to do this if they.
Speaker 2: Didn't negotiate with us, and they just decided, well, we're going to do it anyway.
Speaker 1: So here we are.
Speaker 2: We'll end up in Columbus next month in front of the State Employment Relations Board and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Have you tried to talk to the city manager about.
Speaker 2: This, well, I mean we talked to him in August and said, look, if you if you're going to do this, you have to negotiate with us.
Speaker 1: And their response was mum's the word. They didn't have a response, no response, No response from the city manager at all, no nothing at all, nothing to say, you know what, we can work with you on this. Let's you know, let's let's sit down, let's have a meeting, let's you know, find out where you're at. You know, bring the chief in, you know, bring bring in the safety director. I guess I don't know if the safety director is under the city manager or that's a separate you know. I think they dissolved that several years ago. But nothing from the city manager at all in this. Now.
Speaker 2: I had a meeting with hr and Bill Vedra who is the director of communications, and he goes, this is what we're laying out and this is how we're doing it.
Speaker 1: It wasn't and that was it. Hey, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's work together, let's try to figure this out and say this is what our plan is.
Speaker 1: And I left the meeting with okay.
Speaker 2: And then, like I said, once they started hiring people, that's when we fouled an unfair labor practice and said, look, this is what we're doing. And they continued to hire him anyway, they continued to train them anyway.
Speaker 1: And now they're on the street. And the other part that I read about this this critical this response team is that it's not a twenty four to seven operation. It's essentially, you know, eight to five, nine to five, And so I guess during those hours they don't require the service as the Cincinnati Police. But yet when you know, most most of these things happen, it winds up becoming a police matter. And that's it's all fine and dandy with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's certainly there is a there is certainly a difference in what kind of service you're going to get depending on what time of day it is. So if it's after you know, five, six, seven o'clock PM. You're gonna have a police officer that's gonna show up to the auto accident. They're going to investigate it, and you know, the outcome will be what it is. If they need to take enforcement action, they need to make an arrest, citation, whatever, they're going to do that. But I guess during these hours, it's not that important for the police to show up. We're going to have a civilian show up and just tell you to go to a district and that that creates problems in itself. You have two you have two people to show you know, they show up and say, hey, you two guys are you'll go to the district, get a police report done? Well, what if one goes to District three the other one goes the District four. Now you have potentially two different police reports. That's say, two different things. And all it takes is your one person going let's say the person hit me, and then the other person goes, no, that person hit me.
Speaker 1: There's nobody there to investigate it. What the people that respond to these non violent situations, what sort of level of training do they have other than whatever professional training or training that they have going into these are these volunteer I guess these are non paid positions? Is that right? No, they're paid paid positions. And what level of training do they have? I believe they.
Speaker 2: Got about six weeks of total training, you know, which is about a fifth of what a Cincinnati police officer gets.
Speaker 1: And mind you, they have no no way.
Speaker 2: They don't have police powers, they don't have the ability to cite anybody. They don't have the ability to even defend themselves. And that's that's the scary part. I'm like, who would want to do this job and be put in a situation we have cops all over the country every year show up to a minor auto accident.
Speaker 1: And get ambushed. Yeah, that's I mean, it's this is a disaster waiting to happen, all right. So you go to Columbus and who do you address this within Columbus? The State Employment Relations Board state and and what sort of authority do they have to to stop this or or you know, give you the relief that you seek on this. Uh So they are.
Speaker 2: The ones that govern collective bargaining agreements in Ohio. So we'll go up there for mediation and see if we can come to some kind of resolution, and depending on how that works out, we might come to a resolution everything agree with. But if we don't, then it will go back in front of their board to determine what the next steps are going to be. But ultimately, whatever decision the State Employment Relations Board makes, that's.
Speaker 1: That's a binding agreement.
Speaker 2: That is, yeah, yeah, the FOP the city would have to abide by whatever their final decision is.
Speaker 1: So the city will be represented at this meeting as well. Is that correct, Yes, that's correct, okay, And and so then and so that they are bound to abide by what will a decision happened that day or is this something that happens down the road. Well, this would just be the mediation portion.
Speaker 2: So if we don't come to a resolution, then it would go back in front of the State Employment Relations Board and then they would decide ultimately, you know, well, you know they might they could come back and say, uh, city, you can't do this. You have to negotiate with the FOP, and they could ultimately tell them they have to stop this program or they have to stop portions of it. And that's that's ultimately. Because they do other things other than just police things. But you know, my point in as well as the fire department who's filing an unfair labor practice as well.
Speaker 1: Is you don't do these police things.
Speaker 2: If they want to go and they want to check on potholes and they want to check on whether or not a stop sign got knocked down, have at it.
Speaker 1: That's not police responsibility. Go for it.
Speaker 2: But these runs that they're having them show up on that the police officer should be showing up on is the exception that I take to this.
Speaker 1: Wow, Uh, it seems like a very short sighted way to deal with things and not and not bringing you in or not bringing I don't know was the chief involved in this at all and in the in the in the expansion of these duties. Was there was there any consultation with Cincinnati Police at all before the trigger was pulled on this. If there was, I was certainly not included in any of those conversations. It seems to me that would be one of the first one phone calls I make if if I wanted to do something like this. I don't Maybe that's just maybe that's just the way I think about things and process things. But you would have thought, yeah, how come this is the story isn't getting more coverage in the news. When I was researching this, I could find very little published about this. Well.
Speaker 2: The interesting part is they never even even when they started this program, the city didn't really roll anything out. They didn't tell the community and go to the media and say, hey, we're going to do this, this is our.
Speaker 1: New way of doing things. I don't know why they did it, why they didn't do that, I don't know. It's beyond me, but.
Speaker 2: It's it's becoming increasingly shocking to the citizens that are that are dealing with these things. And that's why you know, the voicemail down here at the FOP Hall has been getting blown up with citizens saying that I'm not for this, this is not a good idea. I want to sense a police officer to show up because I know things will be handled correctly, it'll be done safely, and if enforcement action needs to be taken, it'll be done.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Because when I looked at this, I couldn't find out if this was an idea of a member of council, the city manager or whoever. But I mean that that's where things stand right now. But Ken Cober, as always, I appreciate you coming on giving me an update on where things stand, and I guess you know, give me a shoot me a message when you get done with that meeting in Columbus and let me know how things go, and then we'll have you on for update. All right, sure, certainly happy to all right. Ken Cober the main man at the Cincinnati FOP, and we appreciate his time as always. Twelve twenty six Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham, seven hundred WLW A right back on the Big one, seven hundred WLW Dan Carroll then for Bill Cunningham, I want to thank Ken Kober for being here the last segment. If you listen to that, I had no idea that this whole thing went down the way it did. And when you talk about these non police individuals for the what's called the ARC and this is the Alternative Response Program. When you talk about these individuals who are essentially citizens who are responding to these what are determined to be low level, low potential for violence calls, these calls for service, and they to expand this program, to expand the type of calls that they're going to respond to. We need talk about auto accidents. You talk about you know someone being drunk in public. We need to talk about some of the things that that they're going to respond to. Ken Kober saying, you know, these are these are things that your your average civilian is not equipped to deal with. And ken Cober said, it is a disaster waiting to happen. And and if you're at city Hall and you decide unilaterally to expand this program and you don't get input from the police department, you don't get input from the chief, you don't have the courtesy to discuss this with FOP leadership because they it is probably going to be found to be a violation of the contract that you have with the city. What the hell is going on at city Hall? And that? And I had so many questions for ken Cober because as I was normally in the way, and look, I don't have to tell you this. You can find information on just about anything you want, but I could find so little information on the way this decision came about. And ken Cober uh laid it out and and and if you could have seen my face during that interview, I mean you talk about jaw dropping. It really was so Uh. I don't know why the people at city Hall make these decisions the way they do. But you can only hope that the Labor Relations Board decides to shut this down or you know, finds it in violation of the contract and tells the city they can't do that. And he says it's going to be binding. So so we will see, uh what else is going on? Uh? Trump Land continues to continues to steamroll, uh through d C and through the nation. Saw this was posted early this morning, and I don't know that's been talked about a lot, but a federal judge in Washington has allowed President Donald Trump mass firings of federal workers to move forward. So let the firings continue. The federal judge. Lindsey Whitehurst from the Associated Press reports that the federal judge this and Lindsay Whitehurst is a writer on this, but the federal judge in Washington is going to allow the mass firings to move forward. District Judge Christopher Cooper decided Thursday that he could not grant a motion from unions representing the workers to temporarily block the layoffs. He found their complaint amounted to an employment dispute and must follow a process, a different process that's outlined in federal employment law. Cooper acknowledges that the Republican president's second term has been defined by an onslaught of executive actions that have caused by some stay by design, disruption, and even chaos in widespread quarters of American society. Cooper, who was appointed by Barack Obama, wrote, the judges and it says here in the story that Barack Obama was They remind us Obama was a Democrat. Thank you for that. We might have forgotten. Do we still have in memory that Obama was a democrat? Essentially, you know, the the collective memory of the American people. But I'm glad they put that in the story anyway. Cooper, who was appointed by Obama, wrote that judges are duty bound to decide legal issues based on even handed application of law and precedent, no matter the identity of the litigants or regrettably at times, the consequences of their rulings for average people. So it sounds like the judge I had to follow the law, but is expressing some reservation here that people will be adversely affected by the firings, as most people are. But you know, look if you if you have a federal job and you knew Trump was coming in the office. Should have taken steps? Should have you thought about that? You know? And I heard Kevin Gordon was on you know, I do my nighttime shows here called the Midweek Crisis, and I'm on nine to midnight. I was driving home after my Wednesday night show and was listening to Kevin Gordon and he and he brought up the whole notion of remember when the wuhan was going on and people were not showing up to work, or when it snows in Washington, d C. What do they do? What do they what do they tell the people who worked for the government non essential employees stay home? Right when the wuhan was going on. If you're a non essential employee, you need not show up for work. And so if you were an employee of the federal government and you fell into that category of non essential at some point, wouldn't I tell you something that maybe you know, when it comes time for layoffs to happen, you know, you got a lot more people there than you need. You know. There was a gal that posted on X the other day and I was talking to a former federal employee about this, and she was talking about the eighty twenty rule that eighty percent of the work that gets done in the federal government is done by about twenty percent of the employees. So if you are considered non essential, maybe that should have opened your eyes somewhere along the lines and maybe you need to take steps to make yourself essential instead of non essential. And he compared that to Kevin Gordon did I'm giving him the credit on this because I'm almost stealing word for word what he said on his show on the ATN Show the other night, and he said that, you know, the private sector doesn't have these non essential employees. I look around, iHeart you know, iHeartRadio up here in Kenwood, and you just you just look and see what the realities of life in twenty twenty five is there. And you know, there used to be a whole heck of a lot more people working around here. But as things progress, they find out they can get more done with less. And now it's coming to the federal government and a lot of people are complaining about it. But you know, you've had all the I think I saw yesterday. There have been seventy four, seventy four suits filed or you know, actions taken against Trump with federal judges trying to shut down the executive orders that he's put out so far, and as far as this one goes, these unions that went to a judge, and they probably thought they were going to a friendly judge in Washington State appointed by Barack Obama. But the judge says, no, Yeah, there's already a law on this. You need to follow the process, and coming to me ain't the process. So let the firings continue. Let's see. But apparently Alvin Bragg in New York City has not got the message to suspected trend de Arguac gang members arrested on fel any drug and gun charges in New York City have reportedly been freed without bail. The arrest came during a drug raid on Friday, February fish and this was after Trump was in office. I don't know that he had I know what. Trump has declared these these gangs to be terrorists, so I think this was before that happened. But in any case, you know, we've trend to Argua has reached a certain level of notoriety and infamy here in the United States. So you had two of these suspected gang members on drug charges arrested in New York and they've been freed without bail. The twenty seven and thirty three year olds whose name I cannot pronounce, released without bail. Let's see at least one of them across the border illegally in twenty twenty three. They were released into the country under Joe Biden's border policies. Federal immigration sources said. Police forces told The Post the two suspects were living out of migrant shelter in the city. After the raid, the suspects were charged with gun and drug possessions and they had a glockhand gun. They found cocaine three thousand in cash, So that stuff continues to happen in New York City even though the mayor, Eric Adams is cooperating with the it's cooperating with the Trump administration now. And I saw a whole bunch of Democrats on TV complaining about that. They are not happy with Eric Adams cooperating with the Trump administration. They just cannot abide that. But I guess for now, at least the governor is going to leave me alone. So good luck to you to Eric Adams. What else do we have? I find this credit card one interesting that DOAJE dug up all these these credit cards, and on credit cards, we spent nearly forty billion dollars. When I say we, I mean the the US government. The government currently has about four point six million active credit card accounts, which spent thirty nine point seven billion in more than ninety million tracks and transactions in the last fiscal year. And DOGE put out again the Department of Government Efficiency. You can follow them on actual They've got their own website, doge dot gov, and you can see all this stuff that they that they put out there. And they go through this list that shows all the different departments. You've got Department of Defense, Department of Commerce, Department of Agriculture, Department of Health and Human Services, Labor Law, State Transportation, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, all these different departments. And they talk about how many accounts they have. For instance, in the let's see, oh, here's a US AID, a agency for international development. They've only got nine thousand, six hundred What is that number, nine thousand, six hundred and twenty four. The writing on this is very small, nine six hundred twenty four accounts open, and that accounted for two hundred ten thousand transactions, while the Department of Agriculture, though they have one hundred twenty five thousand, five hundred and seventy five accounts and made more than three million transactions. Department of Defense has more than two million accounts on credit cards, open two million, four hundred thousand and did twenty seven thousand, I'm sorry, twenty seven million, two hundred forty two thousand transactions on those credit cards. So somewhere some I meet, you know, I mean, these credit cards are just working overtime, and I'm not sure how good of a deal. It doesn't say anything in here about the interest rate that we're paying on those credit cards. I would hope that the United States government gets a very good interest rate on those credit cards, because someone is using the heck out of those But I look at I look at a lot of these stories that are coming out over the last thirty days, and you look at the headlines, and I say to myself, aren't these objectively good things? By and large? Not every single one's If you've listened to me since the Trump inauguration, I mean, there's been a handful of things that I've I've had some differences with, but by and large, Aren't these objectively good if you look at just the headlines and you take out who the president is or what the administration is, aren't these essentially good things? Every once in a while, the Biden administration would sort into something that was good for America. And when that happened, I said, so, But why is it that, you know, our friends on the left, many of those in the Democrat Party are unable to see them as such. Let's see, here's a good headline writer. Record number of Americans think the country is now on the right track for the first time ever. Rass Mussen Reports released polling data that reveals a positive increase in Americans who believe the country is on the right track right. This is a poll we hear about all the time. Right track, wrong track. Forty seven percent feel this way, the highest it's been in about two decades, leaving researchers that are lost for words. The question was this there is is this Washington watch and this is weird the way this is written. But it was some hosts who posed a question. In September of twenty four, only twenty eight percent of the survey Americans felt the country was on the right track. Last year was also the first time since twenty twenty two the number of pessimistic Americans fell below seventy percent. Even then, a solid sixty five percent still believe America was on the wrong track. So to have this number, I mean, that's a good headline, right there, isn't it? How about this one? The head of the Small Business Administration just worn in I believe yesterday the day before, Kelly Lawler. They are now embarking on a program to what they use this term clawback, which has been popping up in the news a lot lately. So the idea that this money has already gone about, now they have to claw it back. They're going to claw back as much or attempt to clawback as much as two hundred billion, two hundred billion in coronavirus what I call the WUHAN, the Wuhan fraud, So two hundred billion dollars went out in aid that may have been fraudulent. They're going to try and get it back. Isn't that a good thing? Can't we as Americans celebrate that? I would like to think. I would like to think so. Tulca Gabbert is talking about saving twenty million a year right as a head of DNI, Director of National Intelligence. By killing DEI initiatives, saving twenty million a year. That sounds like a good thing, no matter who was president. Let's see Steven Miller, who has been in the media a lot lately as the deputy White House Chief of Staff, says there is a ninety five percent drop in illegal immigration. Ninety five percent drop. That's a good thing, no matter who the president is. Christino Department of Homeland Security, here's the headline for her deportation saving lives every day. Who could be against that? Who could find fault with that sort of a I think that's a great thing, no matter who the president is. Let's see here. Here's how about the mayor of Los Angeles, Karen Bass, who now needs to investigate why no one told her not to leave the country. She had that interview the other day, absolutely hilarious. She told the interview that, yes, we need to find out why I wasn't told not to leave the country. She is saying that they are way ahead there in Los Angeles when it comes to removing toxic waste the fires. Karen Bass praised the Trump administration in the fire recovery efforts. In particular, the quickness with which the federal government has helped remove hazardous waste. Isn't that a good thing? She's saying, this was supposed to take months and it's happening in weeks. That's a good and we should all be able to get behind that. Go in there, get it done, help get these people back up on their feet. That's fantastic. So with the things we can all celebrate together. Coming up after the news Top of the Hour, another great guest, Elena Barbera, also known as the What's called the bas Mother. Elena Barbera, has a documentary out called American Groomer. And I think you're going to be shocked. I know I was a little bit shocked. And this is something I talk about all the time about groomers in the classroom, pornography in the classroom, all that sort of thing. It is going on at a rate far more than I would have ever expected. So we'll do that after the news. Top of the Hour, Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham, seven hundred WLW. HI back on the Big one, seven hundred WLW. It's one O nine. I'm Dan Carroll and for the great American Bill Cunningham, and you know, one of the things I talk a lot about behind this microphone is what's going on with kids as it relates to all this transgender nuttiness, how it affects kids in school, the sexualization of kids, groomers, and all the rest of it. Well, you know, we live in an era now where Donald Trump is the new sheriff in town. And so it's easy to say and easy to look at and come to the conclusion that the era of DEI diversity, equity and inclusion and all this nonsense that goes on at schools is going to come to an end. But is it really here to talk about? That is my next guest. Elena Barbera, who was also known as Based Mother, is a leading advocate for parental rights anti grooming. She is a Christian mom, an author, and a documentary filmmaker. And it is my pleasure to welcome in Elena Barbara to seven hundred WLW and Elena Barbara, welcome to the show. How are you today? Good?
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me, dam.
Speaker 1: It's great to have you on. How big of an issue is this? I was stunned to look at the advanced press stuff I got on you and you talk about how the nation still doesn't know that there is triple X porn in schools in all fifty states. Break that down for me a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really hard for people to just swallow the truth, which is why I made my documentary. So in school districts across the country, and I'm talking about the majority and in all fifty states, there's a push to to put the has been for years pornography in the schools. And when I say pornography, I literally mean masturbation instructions, erotica s and m scenarios, talking to kids about different types of relationships, orgies, threesomes, you know, being polyamorous, and really anything. And I could get much more graphic with the things I read in children's books, but I.
Speaker 1: Want Well, Nighttime Show, we'll get a little more graphic. But keep it right.
Speaker 4: I get everything I just said was as clean as it gets. Right, That's how bad. That's how bad this stuff is. So what people don't realize is that the American Library Association, the Teachers' Unions, Planned Parenthood, the Human Rights Campaign, all of these organizations have contracts with our schools, and they are all putting this stuff into the libraries and the classroom libraries, and they're sneaking their way into the curriculum. I saw, you know, some of them. You'll see them on summer reading lists. And now they're starting, some of them are starting to make it into mandatory literature reading.
Speaker 5: And it's getting more and more.
Speaker 4: Formalized, and people don't want to believe it, but they'll say, well, well, how is this even legal? And in the majority of states it's actually legal to show pornography to children in schools and libraries. You could get arrested for showing something to a kid, you know, at the mall or a coffee shop, but if you cross the threshold into a school, you are exempted from criminal prosecution because, no matter how vulg or it is, you could say it was educational.
Speaker 1: Are you one of these parents that got onto this during the Wuhan when the kids were home from school and they were doing their work on the computers and the parents were looking over the shoulders, and really, I think for a lot of parents it was it was an awakening to look at the computer and see what the kid was learning, and they said, hey, wait a minute, this is what you're learning in school. And that started I think really an entire movement of parents who took a little bit of a deeper dive into what their kids were being shown at school and what their kids were being forced to learn in many cases, are you is that how you got onto this?
Speaker 4: You are right that that's how some parents got onto it, but that's actually not how I got onto Okay. So during that time, you know, I was working in life entertainment, so I was one of the first people to lose their jobs during you know, the Wuhan scam. And so now I started paying attention. I had some free time, and I started seeing the news and I'm seeing what I'm seeing with my own eyes, and I'm seeing what the news is reporting. And that's when I woke up as an American and said, I don't trust you know. It was during those years, and it started in twenty fifteen when Trump brand for president. That where my mistrust of the media started to sink in, you know, and I was like, Wow, they're not telling the whole story. And then I saw a couple of years ago, I saw the media talking a lot about people crazy parents, the ones you're talking about band who are banning books, and I'm thinking, no, no, I love the content institution. There's no way I couldn't get behind anything that's the First Amendment violation. But I also don't trust these people, these the media people.
Speaker 6: So let me.
Speaker 4: Let me buy the books and decide for myself. I went the extra step, and what I learned when I read these books was absolutely atrocious. I mean I saw I read some of the most vulgar things and misleading things. I mean, they're teaching kids that one of these books I read that says that herpes catch in general herpes is no biggie. No biggie is the actual phrase they use. And so I'm seeing. Oh, I was shocked. I started talking to people and people are denying it or saying, oh, maybe that happens in some blue city somewhere, but it's not happening here.
Speaker 1: And it is.
Speaker 4: It's in all fifty states, the reddest counties in America had these books on their shelves. And I had to do something. So I made I made the film, and it's led me, you know, to a life where this is where really what I'm doing, And I'm working with other organizations like I work with collaborate a lot with an organization called take back the classroom, and they are amazing at routing these books out, exposing them district by districts around the country, and then they're teaching parents how to have them removed, you know, in the most streamlined legal way so that they can actually get it done. And it's it's turned into a whole thing, and we're waking people.
Speaker 1: Up one at a time. Yeah, and I know the books you're talking about because I looked at a lot of these books, and I looked at you, And for me, it started when I started seeing these videos of parents who would go to school board meetings and then open these books and books that came right off the library shelf, and they're saying, this book is available to my second grader, or my third grader or my fourth grader, and they would read these books in the open board meet And if I repeated some of the language in those books on this air, then our license would be in jeopardy because there's things in those books you can't say. I mean, that's how graphic some of this stuff is. So you know, I've known about this for a long time, and I've known about the American Library Association. I know about the Teachers' Union. But as I was looking at your website, there was another group in here s I e c us. I guess it's pronounced psychis. And this is in a group that and I'll read from their website envisions of future where comprehensive sex education is the foundation for health, pleasure, and wholeness. A nation where every individual's identity is affirmed. Communities are safe and supported, are supportive. We advocate for transformative public policies, build robust cross movements, and blah blah blah. So when you get into this kind of language, this is the kind of language that these people use to worm their way into the system, you know, and they cover up and perfume, you know, I mean, really what they're all about with this flowery sort of language. And I think it's easy that a lot of people get to, you know, get confused by this that you know, these organizations, these organizations are fairly benign, but when it comes to the sexualization of your kids, they they really they'll stop at nothing, that's absolutely right.
Speaker 4: They will stop at nothing, and they do seem benign, and they use tricksy language and they you know, they're in with all the liberal Congress congressmen and women who want to push this forward. So Corey Booker, Corey Bush, Who's actually has been you know, sent home from Congress. You know, they they had a bill floating around that was they were trying to push sex ed, a federal mandated sex ed in schools starting in kindergarten. Now, you know, I stumble over my words when I after I say that, because it just makes my brain short circuits to think that people are actually trying to teach sex setting kindergarten. But but they're doing it in a in an underhanded way by teaching the gender identity in kindergarten. They're talking to children about their genitals and how they feel about their genitals, and you think he got the right ones. I mean, now, I'm I'm old, right, So I'm from a time and a place where if somebody did that, you know, I'm going to be frank here. If somebody, if a teacher came up and talked to a kindergarten about their genitals or their sex sexual attraction, that teacher would never be heard from again, so that they would have just magically disappeared.
Speaker 5: Oh, mister AppleTree moved away In the end of it all right, But well, you know, and I don't advocate for us to do that these days.
Speaker 4: But since we can't do that, we have to fight, you know, we have to fight at the grassroots level, because it's also not something that the president can just you know, come in and write an executive order about and fix. And parents have to go to the school boards and properly challenge these things and put their feet to the fire and let them explain why you think this is appropriate for our child. Anybody that that says that is a nut job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mom. For Liberty is another group that is on a very similar mission as you are, and and they and they were labeled a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Have you received similar treatment from the Southern.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: And I'm very disappointed that I haven't. And I'm working very hard every day.
Speaker 1: Yes, I keep doing So you keep doing shows like this, we'll they'll find out who you are and then and they'll they'll put you up there on that pedestal.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm throwing a party the day the Southern Poverty Law Center labeled me a hate group.
Speaker 1: It's coming. That is fantastic, you know, it's uh. I And when I talked to and I saw in your trailer that you've got Jamie Michelle in there from Gays against groomers, and God bless them. I mean, the work they have done has been has been fantastic. But you know, when I when I talk to Moms for Liberty, when I talked to Jamie Michelle, when I talked to these you know, Billboard Chris, I don't know if you're familiar with him or not. Yeah, Chris Elston is fantastic, you know, the entire time. And you have to have been up against the Leviathon of the federal government that supported these kind of notions, that supported these kind of books in school that turned into a political issue, the fact that you don't want this kind of stuff to be put in front of kindergarteners or second or third graders, and so they and they go around talking about how you know, you want to you know, they use right wingers want to ban books from school and this, and they don't bother getting into the details of what exactly they're talking about. But you've been faced against a federal government that supported these kind of positions. But now you have a federal government that sees things the way you do. I'm looking at a headline right here that just came out this morning. The Education Department is removing two thousand, three hundred plus web pages that push woke propaganda from the Biden administration. So one of the things that Trump wants to do is get rid of the Education Department. And the Education Department has been supporting this kind of garbage the entire time. And so now that you have a government that is on your side, doesn't mean the job is done, but that has to be a tremendous burden off your shoulders when you pursue this kind of agenda.
Speaker 4: Yead, do you know that old Irish prayer with the line, may the wind always be at your back.
Speaker 1: Yes, it feels like the wind. May the sun shine warm upon your face.
Speaker 4: Yes, it feels like the sun is shining warm upon us, and the wind is at our back. Now to have the federal the power of the presidency protecting children, and you know, so he's doing so much with the DEI and the cr the critical race theory and the and the gender identity. Now to the next thing that you know, we're here, you know, I'm actually at Seapack right now talking to people all day and night trying to get the word to the President about how vulgar these books are because he doesn't he doesn't know, because I know for a fact that it's if he knew, he would he would help us get the word out about this and in a huge way. But it feels I feel so encouraged, because, yeah, to say that we've been having an up uphill climb with the Biden administration as an understatement, it was it was terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I you know, and and and there's another reason I'm familiar with this, not just because I talk about it on my show, but in the school district that I live in, a board member recently got elected to the school board and this guy has come in and I listened to a school board meeting from last summer where this individual was talking about and the way he addressed this was talking about, you know, kids have cell phones in schools and they're sitting around and they're looking at god knows what, when we know they're looking at pornography, and so you know, we as adults need to join with them and and and view the pornography with them and explain to them, you know, what's healthy, what's not blah blah blah blah blah and all this stuff. And so this guy wanted wants to And it has been brought to my attention that in subsequent meetings after the thank God, the majority of the members shut him down midstroke and said, you know, we are we're not going down that road. But apparently this guy brings it up at every every time this guy speaks, he brings it up at every single meeting and and will not stop. And the board and the other board members, to their credit, have said, you know, we're we're not going to indulge in this sort of stuff, but this guy continues to bring it up. So you know, when you say what you and I sit here and talk about how these people will not stop. They they don't stop, and it doesn't matter. So this fight needs to go on. It absolutely does.
Speaker 4: And to that man, God help him if he give them, gets in a room with me, because I can debate him till the day is long. You know, there's so we have decades of research to talk about the damage that happened to human beings when they're sexually abused as children, and talking with kids about pornography and having these conversations is sexual grooming, and it is child it is sexual abuse. It's just what they call non contact sexual abuse. And it prepares kids for contact sexual abuse and for sexually to be sex trafficked. So it's like you're warm, It's like they're they're like pedophiles. They're they're warming them up for the predators. All the legwork is done, and they're ready to be delivered into into even worse physical sexual abuse. And I and they're, like, I said, decades of research that I could share with this man and destroy him in a debate, and anybody in this in this fight could do that. And it's very frustrating when I hear somebody out there, you know, not being ostracized for saying something like that.
Speaker 1: But Atlanta, Barbara, why is it too much to ask that these people just leave the kids alone? You know? I mean, if if they want to as adults, engage in this sort of activity, if this how they want to live their life by all means. You know, you believe in freedom. I believe in freedom. Live your life the way you want, do whatever you want. But for the love of God, just leave the kids alone. Why is that so much to ask?
Speaker 4: Well, It was hard pill for me to follow when I realized, with all the forces working on children, that there's an effort to normalize pedophilia. You know, it's too much to ask for them because they want what they want and they will stop at nothing. So when you talk to again, three four year olds in pre k about sexual attraction and about their genitals and all that, yeah, you know, and you hide behind the words inclusion and diversity, which it's none of it makes any sense. But that's really what we're up against. We're up against a straight up evil and evil effort. So we can't understand it.
Speaker 6: There's no answer I could.
Speaker 1: Give you that you would say, oh, at least that makes sense. Yeah, all right, we were short on time. Your documentary is American Groomer. The kids are not all right? If people want to find that, I'm going to make a point to look at it this weekend. But American Groomer, where can people find that? If they want to look at.
Speaker 4: It, sure they can watch it for free. It's at American Groomerfilm dot com.
Speaker 1: American groomerfilm dot com. And uh, with that, Elena Barbara, we've got to run. Congratulations on all success. Tell everyone at Seapac. I said hello, and uh, what with your permission, we'll have you on to talk about this again. I really appreciate the time today.
Speaker 4: I would love to thanks thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Elena Barbera. The documentary is called American Groomer. Just google it and you will find it. One twenty six Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham seven hundred Wlwan the Puppy Still those eleven pippies?
Speaker 3: You got pay Peppins going on right now? Borrow all.
Speaker 4: Hell? Hello, quiet, and I'm I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: SAG. I have no doubt you remember where you were when al Michaels uttered those immortal words.
Speaker 7: That's true. And then uh but last night, no miracle on ice too.
Speaker 1: Not last night.
Speaker 7: Conor McDavid, what the hell happened? He had been to an oiler star for Canada.
Speaker 1: I was. I was doing my show last night. I had it on that very monitor right behind you.
Speaker 7: And lefting wide open, wide open, into slot. Nobody around him past came through right there.
Speaker 1: See. You wouldn't want to be you, you know. I I Uh, here we go. You represent yourself and your teammates and a.
Speaker 7: Name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the one in the back.
Speaker 1: Get that throw your head. So I guess Trump spoke to the team last night, That's what I heard. Tried to get him fired up. I think they were fired up.
Speaker 7: I think they were. The Boston was rocking last night. But uh, you.
Speaker 1: Know, maybe Willy, maybe Willy should have spoke to him last year. Don't know anything about that hockey stuff.
Speaker 7: So the Four Nations Cup goes to Canada, and you know what, we'll see it. We'll see him in the Olympics in Italy.
Speaker 1: You know. They they got to the overtime, and and and well, the Americans went up at two to one at one point, right and then it was what it was like thirty seconds later, Canada got another gold and tied it up two to two. Yeah, that happens a lot in hockey, doesn't it. Yes, you score that goal and then there's a little bit of a letdown and the other team comes right back and puts one in the net.
Speaker 7: There was quite quite quite an atmosphere, quite a game last night. As I guess what, sports and politics kind of came together all in one again, and that you know, the the American fans showed a great restraint and not booing, no booing like like the like they did in Montreal.
Speaker 1: So uh.
Speaker 7: And then some guy I guess there was a near fight in the stands or probably a few. Some guy says, you want the United States to become the eleventh province. I don't think that guy looked like a guy looked like Joe Biden. And sitting next to him was Kamala Harris. I did see were at the game.
Speaker 1: I did see a map that that where the United States would become Southern Canada and the Golf of America would be changed to the Gulf of Canada. I don't know. Well, get us into the Stooge Report, Dan Carroll, the Stooge reporters approach service.
Speaker 7: Every local tame Star heating air conditioning dealers tame star quality you can feel in beautiful northern Kentucky called any Weather Heating and Air at eight five, nine, seven, eight to one forty eight twenty two. Thank you, Roxy. We also want to thank a Lear's Prime Market. Yes, they had the clam Chowda today excellent on a Friday, full catering service Deluxe Deli located in beautiful downtown Milford Learsprime dot com. Lears Prime always a cut above.
Speaker 1: I had the macaroni salad about that outstanding.
Speaker 7: College basketball Tonight the Horizon League Action n KU and Wright State at six thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: That's Big Kent State in Miami.
Speaker 7: The RedHawks still after that elusive twentieth winn of the season, and Mike and Mose and Mike and Mo's Dayton Flyers are on the road against Loyola Chicago tomorrow TCU and you see at noon here on seven hundred w Weldever, the Bearcats try to get back on.
Speaker 1: The winning track.
Speaker 7: A basketball Action Sunday at fIF on fifty five KRC at two Xavier and Seaton Hall. Lowvill's Pat Kelsey, who's having a great season.
Speaker 1: I used to he's.
Speaker 7: Under NASEMID Trophy Coach of the Year watch list. Bengals up the job, Amen. Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, winding to back on Party Town. Bengals first cap cut of today by releasing defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins, limited to just seven games last season due to illness, so they save about ten million on the cap.
Speaker 1: I wonder what that where That money's gonna go ten million. They don't. They don't need to sign anybody big, do they. That'll ten million. That'll cover a couple of games.
Speaker 7: Red's update, Hunter Green starts tomorrow for the Reds. They open up Tactus League action up against those Guardians two thirty five tomorrow with the RNL carriers inside pitch You're on seven hundred WLW. Graham Ashcraft will pitch for the Reds. Is there in split squad play up against the brew Crew Soccer MLS tomorrow? The opener for FC Cincinnati the Orange and Blue TQL Stadium tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: Better bundle up. It's gonna be what's the temperature going to be that game? I think freezing? They played in what uh?
Speaker 7: Below MESSI played in below zero weather the other night in Kansas City.
Speaker 1: You should have saw that.
Speaker 7: My god, that guy looked like he was going to be a hospital.
Speaker 1: What happens? What happens when the ball turns into a block of ice? What happens? Then? That's the way it is. You got it. They got they got heaters on the side there. They don't know, you've got to get the ice off of them. I don't know.
Speaker 7: FC Cincinnati and the new York Red Bulls seven o'clock on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 1: EHL Hockey tonight.
Speaker 7: Our beloved Cyclones are downtown along the less flooded river.
Speaker 1: Now against the river, I Walklanders. The river goes up, the river goes down, Yes, it does. The Red Bulls the ones that knocked the FC in Cincinnati out of the playoffs last year. You know what I got? I have to look that up. I think they did.
Speaker 7: High school basketball tomorrow. Good luck Indiana girls semi state action twenty five and oh, Greensburg, Greensburg against Evansville Central and South Dakatur.
Speaker 1: I used to work goes up against Borden. I used to work in Greensboro. Really Am thirteen thirty w Trina the news voice of Decatur County. There you go, meeting now about me and Sandy Bitting.
Speaker 7: And how about the Major League Baseball in ESPN agreeing to end that National TV contract after this season?
Speaker 1: Didn't Joe Morgan?
Speaker 7: You should do baseball with the Yeah with on ESPN with John Miller.
Speaker 1: It was great. Joe Morgan was Fantasy on Sunday nights. It was great. Joe Morgan was the best. Yeah and ever since he left ESPN. No, so I don't know.
Speaker 7: I guess Baseball said that they were disappointed in the amount of coverage that ESPN gave the Grand Old Game.
Speaker 1: Well, at least you can see it. What are they gonna do. They're gonna go to Amazon. Now they're gonna go to I don't know.
Speaker 7: Well, they said they may leave the door open for another get another deal, which means a lot more money from ESPN. Still the doors that kind of open. But they're gonna go elsewhere and we'll see that Sunday Night package.
Speaker 1: What's the ESPN saying. I don't know, See, you wouldn't want to be probably, Well are they going to put on a Sunday Night I don't know. Corn Hole? I don't know they do. They do have corn hole on I know. I see it all the time in the summer today. Throw that hat and they throw the hatchets too, don't they they that I've seen the hatchets off there. You know what I say? Foling foling year round on ESPN. Foling, fowling. The hell's a folling?
Speaker 7: You throw a football into bowling pins? You don't know about that? What's about it with you? They got a big place and uh, right down the right down the road here, and who is that Norwood? Right outside of Norwood?
Speaker 1: You throw a football into bowling pins? Yeah, how about our buddy Rufus three High know we mentioned that the other day. What was the venue? I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know what house it was, not sure, but it was.
Speaker 1: I don't know. No, that's gone, yeah, gone, bye bye. I don't think. I'm not sure how what house? Now?
Speaker 7: If it was a Western Bowl, that's big because that's the mecca of bowling in the Tri State.
Speaker 1: I used to be in the league there.
Speaker 7: I used to bowl at Hyde's Lanes right there on right there in beautiful White Oak.
Speaker 1: What a house.
Speaker 7: But I don't know. It was a senior league. I think Rufus is in that league, and lonesome George Vogels in it. A bunch of old, bunch of old guys that used to be in the media taking in there. Janson's in there, and John Pottage. I think so, yeah, George Vogels in that league. I don't know if he's in the league.
Speaker 1: But he told he I was talking to him about Rufus and he said that in that league, there's uh, you put some money in and there's a jackpot. If you roll the highest game, then you get whatever that jackpot money is. His game was a three hundred. That game, that game that Rufus rolled a three, there was another guy in the league that rolled a two eighty nine. So the guy had a two eighty nine probably thought he was gonna win that money. Correct and as sorry, we've got a three hundred.
Speaker 7: And Rufus had an eight hundred series he was rolling. I think guy was on here to join the PBA tour. On Fox, I went bowling with Rufus one night. It's a Madison Bowl, does a good job. We went there, went there after the news one night on Fox nineteen and he's a television superstar extory there.
Speaker 1: In my mind, I'm surprised he's not in Goodyear, Arizona. Maybe he is. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Well, no, he couldn't be because he did the bowling thing. But he'll be around a baseball park. Don't worry, he's always there. The Reds out of honor him for a three hundred game.
Speaker 1: Why not, Kim Hey, the Cyclone? I want Rufus Bobble had. The Cyclones are giving away pickleball paddles tonight the Cyclones are giving away pickleball paddles. Hint hint, reds hint hint. I'll get mine from Sarah. Sarah Lise'll have some. I'll just get mine from her, sill comment, and she'll be there. I played the fifth what. I don't know what to tell you? When? When are we going to see? What the what the ratings were for the hockey game last night? I know I haven't seen anything yet. What did they call that? The four nation face off for four nations? Yes, four nations tournament? Yes, four nations? So that was they did that in lieu of the All Star Game? Is that right? Yeah? So it was? Was this the first year for that, believe?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: It was Canada, United States, Sweden and Finland.
Speaker 1: So this is gonna you think this will become an annual thing. I don't know.
Speaker 7: We'll see and then, uh what I mean the numbers were pretty good? And what pretty soon? The uh the out the Stadium series, the Outdoor Game is going to be at Ohio Stadium, Jackets and Red Wings about another week.
Speaker 1: I just got a text from Sarah Elise. Do you want to know what? She said? I have no idea, she said, she's laughing. She said, l O L. Seg is always so mad.
Speaker 7: Haven't had at anybody. He got a light enough thing. I haven't had at anybody.
Speaker 1: So how many people think? How many people you think watch that hockey? When are we going to get the numbers on? I don't know. Well, go back and check it out. You've got a computer there in front of you. Well, I've got I've got other things to do. It's uh, well, look it up. I'm going to talk to Dean Riguez here after the news top of the hour. Oh and you've heard about the asteroid that's out there. I know where's it going to hits. It's targeted for Earth apparently, and it might be here in five or six years. Oh. I thought it was like, yeah, like two or three days or something. If it was two or three days, it would already be too late. He'd already have to bend over and kiss your rear and goodbye. Okay, we got action in Louisville, baby, Uh oh boy. See Fox News. Three dead at a shooting at a driver's license office in the city of Louisville. Oh boy, So I guess somehow that's going to be Trump's fault. Too.
Speaker 7: Trump's fault at the United States loss last night, is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Probably will everything else is. I haven't heard audio of his pregame speech. I have not heard it either, so maybe maybe maybe he got Cunningham to do a speech for him. I don't know. We'll see you see Tiger Woods at the White House yesterday. Didn't say too much? Day? What? What is? Why? Why didn't Tiger Woods? Why doesn't Tiger Woods want to say anything? Don't ask me. People want to hear his work. Here's one of the greatest golfers of all Cunningham thinks that Tiger Woods is the greatest golfer of all time. I'm still going with Jack Nicholas Fingo. I think so too. Five point two million viewers that I thought I thought the number would be higher than Wasn't there ten million to watch the game when.
Speaker 7: They fought Yeah, I think the first matchup the other what was it a week ago or something that they want the USA one three to one.
Speaker 1: That was action packed.
Speaker 7: So anytime those two teams get together doesn't make any difference if it's if it's a hockey, baseball, basketball, anything. USA and Canada are going to go at it could be curling anything.
Speaker 1: I love curl I love to watch curling in the Olympics. I don't know the other I don't like to watch it the other time. I don't know what it is, but I love Olympic curling. Seg. Let's go ahead and get us out of the Stews report, and Sarah OLiS says, he really does love me talking about you.
Speaker 7: Dan Carroll in honor of a beautiful day here at a tri State and Red's Baseball one day away back on seven hundred WLW now the Cowboy. From now until October, Red's Baseball. We leave you with the immortal words of the studd.
Speaker 1: We will bring championship baseball to Cincinnati. Didn't say when, correct, the championship baseball. You know, maybe other teams that are playing Championship baseball will come to Cincinnati. Maybe that's what he meant. Oh, hell could happen this year though, I hope so it would be nice. Is Tito Tito Francona leading away with Ted McKay When all right? Yeah, when does heid go to Arizona? I think he's already out there, He's already there. Sounds good, Seg. We'll see it about two thirty, Yes, sir on seven hundred WLW back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW two eight, Dan Carroll for the great American Bill Cunningham. And one of the great guests who's been on this radio station, been on with me and Cunningham and just about everyone else on this station is our buddy Dean Regus from Astrodean dot com and Dean Regus, it is great to have you. I think this is the first time I've talked to you in twenty twenty five, so I'll say happy New Year to you, sir. And where do we find you today, if anywhere.
Speaker 6: Well, happy to be talked with you too. I'm out in the field.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: Cincinnati's my home base for astronomy, but I'm out in Arizona for the week doing some stuff for the Low Observatory and kit Peak Observatory. So taking my astronomy show on the road and in beautiful sunny, seventy degree weather here in Tucson.
Speaker 1: That is fantastic.
Speaker 6: Cincinnati, Well, you're out there with the red so I was great talking to you. Dan.
Speaker 1: We're envious of you being out there in the warm weather. And how have the sky's been at night, they've been nice and clear for you. You're seeing everything you want to see.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, it's so Yeah, we've had let's see, six clear nights in a row, seven clear nights ron or something like that. And yeah, I've diden't seeing the Milky Way going over the overhead the planet Parade up there and using some big telescopes at the public too. So it's they do a lot of this great outreach with these observatories and yeah, just amazing being out here with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before I get I get to this asteroid that we've been looking at for the last that's been reported on, I guess the last couple of weeks. Now. You mentioned the Milky Way, And I was looking at an article the other day and it was talking you know, and of course everything moves. The Earth rotates around the Sun, the Moon rotates around the Earth, the Solar system rotates around the middle of the galaxy. And I I was reading an article the other day talking about how long it takes for the our solar system and our part of the galaxy to do one full rotation around the massive black hole that's in the middle of our galaxy. And I think the number was around two hundred and thirty eight million years. So the last time Dean Reguez, the Earth was in this position relative to where it is in the galaxy, dinosaurs were roaming the Earth. How about that? The last time we were this part of the galaxy. How about that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's incredible the amount of time it takes to do anything in space. I mean, we're traveling so fast around the Sun, we're traveling so fast around the galaxy. But our galaxy is so incredibly large. I mean we're talking this conglomeration of three hundred billion stars and to make one circuit of it, you're right, Yeah, two hundred and thirty forty million miles I'm sorry, two hundred forty million years to go around one time. And yeah, I mean the vastness of space, it is all inspiring. It gets me every time it is.
Speaker 1: And so there's been a lot made of this asteroid twenty twenty four y R four. First of all, do you know how they come up with a designation like that for an asteroid?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's all about the order of when you find it. So it is discovered last year, twenty twenty four, and then they have this whole numbering and naming system that goes with that. But yeah, I'm glad we're diving right into this because who I was a little worried, but I got good news everybody. The astronomers just this morning downgraded it. So if you've been following the story, this is something that the astronomers are watching. This asteroids, you know, about one hundred and eighty feet across, decent sized one, that's for sure. And the odds of it hitting the Earth kept going up the more they looked at it. And it's really hard to tell exactly where an asteroid's going to go because of just three body problems. There's so many other things out there that can affect this little tiny thing. So it was, you know, one percent chance of hitting thereth then two percent chances of the Earth, and then peaked at a little over three percent chances hitting the Earth. And I don't like that odds at all. That's not good. I don't want to hear that, and I don't hear it going up. But this is one of those things where like the more observations, the more we can narrow this down. The problem with that was it's heading away from us. So the astronomers are racing to get as many data for which they could to try to nail down what this orbit will be like. And so the latest one puts it now at one in three hundred and sixty chance of hitting the Earth. So it's getting better, but we're not still zero. So I'm waiting for the zero thing to come in.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's when a lot of people started panicking, is when that number went up to three percent and the headlines were all the odds of this asteroid hitting the Earth have just doubled, and it makes it sound like it's almost a sure thing. But when you say an object in space, no matter what that object in space is, has a three percent chance of hitting us, is that a big number when you talking about in terms of space, time and space and all that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is huge, I mean, and it really goes to show you that these things, it's pretty incredible. Number one, that we're picking these out, that's the number one thing. This has been an effort, a worldwide effort to look for incoming asteroids because we don't want to go the way of the dinosaurs, that's for sure. And so just the idea that they've been finding these has been remarkable because these things are so small and so faint, but still very important to be finding. And so when you take some measurements, you try to figure out where this thing is going to go, but in some ways you're not even sure. Astronomers aren't even sure exactly how big it is because this is so small in the scheme of things. But that's why this work is so important, finding these teeny tiny things moving very fast. And that was the It was kind of interesting because up here in Arizona they had some kind of input on this at the Lull Observatory. They were helping to track this asteroid, and I was talking to some of the astronomers there and they were worried. I'll be honest with you. A couple of days ago, they were just thinking, you know, all right, we gotta look at this thing now, and if we don't get better data, maybe we need to start preparing and to deflect it. Because that's the thing is, sure we can see it, but what are we going to do about it? And that's the thing is, we don't really have a response yet that's ready to go up and launch and divert an asteroid that could be coming at us. So I was like, yeah, why do we build one, and they said, yeah, let's build it. I mean, there's use two astronomers talking, but can't build a spacecraft with us too. But that's one of the things you got to really start thinking about.
Speaker 1: Well, that was one of the things I wanted to ask you, because I know we have the technology to be able to go out and hit an asteroid. We've crashed spacecraft into asteroids before, and I think we crashed one into a comet not that long ago, so we know how to intercept them. But to get something up there that has enough horsepower to change the orbit of a body like that, especially if there's one large enough to be you know, create an extinction event here on the planet Earth. To me, that seems like a whole nother ballgame.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Absolutely, And and uh, you know, Dan, you're on this like this is a this is some uh you know, we've redirected an asteroid with this mission that was like purposely to run into this thing, and it worked brilliantly. I mean, you're you're flying the spacecraft at this asteroid, you're all traveling different trajectories and to hit to hit something that small and have the exact effect that was predicted was really cool. But the big thing that we need for this is time. The earlier you can do the deflection, the less deflection you need. So that was the big trouble with this asteroid is it it comes around every four years or so and it's already heading out, So we didn't know if we're going to get any real reliable data until four years from now, and then that makes our you know, warning system four years down the road. So nobody liked that idea that so I think that's why everybody was scrambling to uh to get as many measurements as accurately possible now and not have to wait four more years.
Speaker 1: So the last several days, as I've got on my computer to get ready for my shows here at WLW, I turn my computer on and I see all over the place pictures people are sending in pictures of Saturn, and people are taking pictures with their iPhones, are taking pictures with their telescopes, all this other stuff going on. I guess Saturn has been pretty easily visible in the evening sky over the last several days, is that right?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, we've got this thing that's been kind of dubbed the planet parade with all the planet the planet line. Yeah, so we've got Saturn, we've got Venus, we've got Jupiter, we've got Mars, we got those the four big ones to find up that you can see with the naked eye. Saturn's been fading into the sunset, so it's kind of going out for the season, but people have been getting some pictures of it before it's too late. And also Saturn's doing this thing where it's rings are tilting down towards or tilting even at us. So the rings are almost invisible in a telescope right now. So some of these pictures that were getting back, or this ball with a stick through it, that's how skinny the rings are. And then they'll open up again next fall. And it is kind of one of those things that you know back this happens about every fifteen years where the rings become almost invisible, and which is a challenge when you're trying to show this to the public and say, hey, look there's Saturn. They can't see the rings. They think you're like pulling something over on you. And so this is one of the things that's going to close down a little bit more. But then next fall start to open back up again. But that's been really good. But I think Venus is the one that people are really noticing in their drive home from work. It's so bright, so high up in the sky, looks like a plane or UFO up there. So, yeah, Venus has just reached maximum brightness this week, and yeah, you'll notice it if you get a clear night. You can't miss it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with all the advances that have happened recently when it comes to telescopes, you know, with the Hubble telescope, in the Web telescope, and even the different arrays that we have here on planet Earth, and all the things that we're able to see now that we weren't able to see even a year or two years ago. Is it? Are people getting bored looking at our own planets because now we can you know, we can see into other galaxies, you know, I guess We've got photographs of black holes and other galaxies. We've identified the individual stars and other galaxies. We've seen planets around other stars and other galaxies. Are are people getting bored with just looking at the planets we have here in our own little solar system? Or does everyone want to see what lies beyond.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's funny how as Ron we kind of goes in cycles. We go from exploring the Solar System to farther out, and then new technology allows us to do that. And yeah, i'd say right now the hottest field is exo planet research that's finding planets on other stars. These stars are trillions of miles away, so distant that you can barely them. Uh, but yeah, there's still tons of planetary work going on too, and it's it's kind of like, uh, they kind of get off the radar because they've been around so long. So we still have those two rovers on Mars that are bringing back data and orbiters around Mars, and we have an orbiter around Jupiter that's still working and then another one on en route to Jupiter. So the planets are still being explored with greater detail than ever. And yeah, we're just still waiting to get back those words from the rovers that they find something unbearably cool on Mars. Like I'm still waiting that maybe they'll turn over a rock and they'll be a nice fossil right there, but nothing yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something that'll say made in China. That'll be fantastic. You'll find something.
Speaker 6: Like that anything anything that's you know, of course, hopefully they don't run over their old old debris and that they left from the heat shields and that kind of stuff. Hey what's this? Oh right, that's our stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, So let me ask you this. The other thing that we talk a lot about on this radio station is artificial intelligence AI, and and this stuff is growing by leaps and bounds. How is AI going to affect what Dean Rigas does on a regular basis or or has it already come into your workplace? And are you using AI in any sort of way right now?
Speaker 6: Oh? Man, I would think I would hope to assume that I'm irreplaceable, But you know, I guess, I guess there could be there could be a new AI version of Dean Rigas that comes along at some point. But yeah, I think what what it is being used for the most is you know, going through the just vast volume of data that comes in from the telescope. So they can help kind of go through a lot of that stuff and and some of the new technology on the telescopes, the hardware that goes on I think is probably even more impressive that they can they can figure out how to get rid of the turbulence of the atmosphere. So that's the biggest thing is you're looking through air, and that air will make your image of stars and things dance and do all sorts of stuff. They have ways to counteract that, to actually move the telescopes and the mirrors to to wipe that out, and so ground based telescopes are are really catching up to the space ones. But yeah, I think AI is going to be a tool mostly for all this data. I think that's the way I see it. But yeah, I don't know. Maybe I could farm AI to talk to Willie next time, you know, for me, But otherwise I.
Speaker 1: Get a I d now Ai, Dan, that would be great and say it doesn't sound like you, Dean, what is going on?
Speaker 6: Well, I'd reserve that only for Willy, you know, Alien. I'll just turn on my AI machine and that he'll answer, like we.
Speaker 1: Will Artificial intelligence ever be able to look at the data and tell us whether or not Einstein was right?
Speaker 6: Oh, well, that's an interesting thought that it would be. H Would they be able to help.
Speaker 1: With that MAT's wits with Einstein? Einstein? How about that?
Speaker 6: Yeah? That hm, boy, that's a tough ye. I would say that, Well, that's the thing, so you plug in all the data you've got. Hopefully the AI would come up with the same conclusion because but there there's some other things that I'd be interested to see, like what it's you know, maybe we could use it for dark matter, dark energy, the stuff that we can't actually physically see but we think is there. But yeah, that so far, I think Einstein's still winning. And that would be the thing is if AI would say something different, well we'll have to investigate that too and see what he says.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Dean Reguez, you're the best. You've got an event coming up in March. Tell me about that.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'm be back at since here shortly and then doing a lot of events around town. So I'm doing some programs at the Cincinnati libraries coming up next week to check out those as free and open the public, and then a big public event at alt Park. I'm partnering with the Alt Park Advisory Council and doing our second annual Telescope Fest. So we'll have some telescope set up all around the grounds of Alt Park, free open the public for everybody come check out the telescopes because we got some really cool events coming up too. We got a lunar eclipse coming up in March as well, so Telescope Fest will get you all for that already for that, that's March eighth, five to eight pm at alt Park. No reservations, come on over. Should be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a good thing you're not doing it now because the weather is terrible here. But I'm glad you're having great weather in Arizona and Dean Reguez, you are the absolute best. Thank you so much for the time, as always, and I'll definitely look forward to the next chance we get a chance to do it again.
Speaker 6: Always glad talking with an informed space cadet like yourself, Dan, this has always been good. And yeah, hopefully we will have better weather in March than we've had in February, that's for sure. And oh yeah, and if folks have trouble finding where all these are, they can go to my website Astrodean dot com and lots of other things on there.
Speaker 1: Too, Astrodean dot com. Astro Dean, Thank you, buddy. We'll talk to you again soon.
Speaker 6: Hey, my pleasure. Keep looking up, everybody.
Speaker 1: Keep looking up. Deanriguez, you are the absolute best. Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW. Great moments.
Speaker 5: Are born from great opportunity, and that's what you have here tonight.
Speaker 1: Boy, that's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played them ten times, they might win nine, but not the skame, not tonight. Tonight. We skate with him.
Speaker 4: Tonight, we stay with them, and we shut them down because we can.
Speaker 2: Tonight we are the greatest hockey team in the world.
Speaker 1: Oh hello, hello, quiet, and I'm skos, I'm broadcasting. God well seg that speech might have worked for the miracle on ice, but it didn't get it done last night. You can't leave Connor McDavid wide open in the slot. I guess that guy's pretty good. He's excellent. Is that what they did? He was he was opening the.
Speaker 7: Slot wide open, that's called the slots, exactly right in front of the goaltender, and he just snapped one off, went up in between his arm and his leg.
Speaker 1: Three to two win over Canada.
Speaker 7: Now the NHL can get back to normal and the Blue Jackets can start playing again, and we'll see the Canadian boys. I guess probably in the Olympics. You know, Italy in a few years.
Speaker 1: A lot of times it looks like that puck is coming in at about one hundred and twenty miles an hour. But that shot last night looked like it was going maybe maybe ten miles in that It was like a slow motion shot. Yep, just went right by the goalie man and wide open, and you don't miss, not like that. Conor McDavid does not miss. Could you have made that shot? No? Not like him, No, nobody's like him. Well, you know, I'm watching this last night. I got it on I'm doing my show, and I got it on the big TV over there, right, And I knew they had gone to the extra period, but I didn't know it was sudden death. Oh yeah. And so when they scored that goal, I'm like, okay, you know there's still you know, at eight or nine minutes left whatever it was over. And then the next thing I know, they're all jumping around like that's correct. They just won the World Series or something. Put one in it's overtime. Yeah, I didn't know. I didn't win, and I don't know that much about hockey, win or go home. So if let let's say they would have tied in that overtime period. Then do they go to a shootout? Is that how that works? No?
Speaker 7: No, no, it's it's it's sudden death and overtime. I never was for us first, that's it. So don't get another chance.
Speaker 1: Even the clock ran out.
Speaker 7: Games over, Well, you made a game over overtime if they would not have if? No, if it's an international game, so they may go like the Olympics again, and another over.
Speaker 1: To overtime period. Yeah, not a shootout. I guess.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I mean, I've never had. This is first time this, this turn, this little tournament has taken place. So that's how the NBA ought to do that play And then now that instead of that mess they played the other night forty one to twenty five, you know, with all those millionaires on.
Speaker 1: The court and whatever it was. Watch I don't watch that joke, but say, you don't have to worry about the uh, you know, the the uh. The hockey didn't work out for us, but you don't have to worry about the asteroid. Now, thank you. Dean Reguez told us we're okay. Thank you Dean. There you go.
Speaker 7: I trust him, the king of astronomy.
Speaker 1: Keep looking up, Dan, Carroll.
Speaker 7: The Stood Reporters, Powerge service of your local tem Star Heating and air Conditioning dealers Temstar quality you can feel in beautiful Northern Kentucky called Johnson Heating and Cooling at eight five, nine, four, seven to two sixty fifty one spot College Basketball to night and plenty of an n KU and Wright State Horizon League six thirty ESPN fifteen thirty, Mid American Conference, Ken State and the Miami RedHawks A ten Dayton the home of Mike McConnell and Moe up against the Loyola Chicago Let's Go Tomorrow TCU and you see at noon seven hundred WLW Sunday Xaviers at Seaton Haul at two on fifty five TRC the talk station Byron and Joe. Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town with thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals with their first cap cut today release defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins, limited to seven games last season due to illness that saves them more than ten million, but long snapper Cal Outamitas gets a one year contract extension today, so they're saving money and shelling it out.
Speaker 1: How much does a long snapper make these days? No idea? A couple million? Yes, eight million, I don't know, ten million. Red's update.
Speaker 7: Hunter Green goes tomorrow for the Red Legs up against in the Cactus League opener against those Guardians. Coverage begins at two thirty five tomorrow with the RNL carriers inside pitch right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The split squad game, and Terry Francona is going to the away game.
Speaker 7: He's going to be at the Reds and the Brewers with Graham Ashcraft starting that game.
Speaker 1: I can, I can.
Speaker 7: I can't remember the last time the Reds played a split squad game and there and the Cactus and any opener in the spring, can't.
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 7: Adam Ias made nine and eighty five thousand dollars, according to Bengals financial coordinator. Soccer MLS opener tomorrow night dress Warmly FC Cincinnati and the New York Red Bulls TQL Stadium the site, seven o'clock on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's see what they still wear? Shorts? Yeah, so we'll see. I don't know, it's pretty EHL.
Speaker 7: Hockey Night, Our beloved Cyclones are down along the big river that just flooded, but now it's under flood stage and the Cyclones will play host of the Iowa Heartlanders as they are giving away pickleball paddles.
Speaker 1: Pickleball paddles. You're gonna get some. You're you're a good pickleball player right here. I'm gonna go down there tonight and get one. You took down. You took down Rocky and uh and Cunningham.
Speaker 7: That's correct, and a massive in a massive match years ago.
Speaker 1: And it come out and I hear they're they're afraid to face you again.
Speaker 7: That Well, you ever see Willy have a rematch with somebody with Ned they made maybe at the Friendly Confines.
Speaker 1: But that's about it.
Speaker 7: That's yeah, well that that'll happen once in a lifetime if that.
Speaker 1: That's about it. So where is Rocky today? He was he was hanging out. He was hanging out with all the big shots last night. Oh, he was out with Hugs, out with Hugs over there at Harrison High School. Yeah, and I saw Melvin Levitt was there, DJ was there, Rocky was there. All kinds of people were there. Yeah. I mean I was always hoping he would come in and tell us about I don't know a bit event being the big event at Harrison with Hugs last night. Yeah, I don't know. Him and DJ up on the stage telling some stories. I'm sure they were good ones, pretty good night, clean, well to that. I've seen Huggs at those events before. That was that was back in the day. But no, Hugs looks good. So he's talking about how he might be interested in coaching again.
Speaker 7: See what happens to me if somebody will may give him another chance here?
Speaker 1: Who knows any any openings around here coming up? I don't think so.
Speaker 7: No, you don't think so. I don't think so. Buyouts are too much.
Speaker 1: How many how many years have our team's gone without making the NCAA tournament? Well a few of them, some of them, but I don't know. We'll see. Tell me about tell me about these robotic umpires. That's going to be very interesting. What are they going to use that in the regular season this year?
Speaker 7: I think they're going to test it out in the spring. And I saw it the other day where there was a pitch inside right on the inside corner, and somebody yelled challenge. The umpire puts his hand up on top of his head. They hold the game up, they comes up on the big screen. They challenge it as a striker ball, continue the game.
Speaker 1: How umpires are still there? How long does it take to that? Probably?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean they're they're hurrying up other challenges on the field, you know, like you know, the steal a base and they think he's out and you know that type of thing.
Speaker 1: It's getting faster.
Speaker 7: Well, no, it's it's like a it's like an animation of like you know where the where the box is over the plate and in the ball is like right there and it's like it either in the box or out of the box and it's a ball or strike.
Speaker 1: Continue on. So that's it. Whatever whatever the computer says, that's it. That's it. No argue.
Speaker 7: You can't Why you can't argue U challenges or nothing. If you challenge something, you can't go out there you get thrown out?
Speaker 1: Well can you can? You? Can you challenge every pitch that I don't challenge? Is it just the pitcher that's the Can the batter challenge it too?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 1: I don't know? The manager? Can the manager challenge here?
Speaker 7: The manager has something to do with it, So I don't know, maybe they got to maybe they got to pitch challenger coach. I don't know. Maybe somebody's sitting. Maybe it's the same replay. Guy who knows. I don't know.
Speaker 1: What if you got a guy at the plate, it's all new, Dan, I don't have no idea. What if you've got a guy at the plate and ball four comes, the umpire calls ball four. Yeah, but the theater only have so many of these. You can't challenge like every pitch. But the battery doesn't doesn't want to walk and he says, no, that was a strike. Can he challenge that? Say, Carl, I want you to call a strike? Come he So I get to see another pitch that I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't think. So says, sit down, you clown, or get out of here.
Speaker 1: I mean, how far can this thing go? I don't know. We'll see. I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's it's it's all new. They tried it out in the miners. They're gonna do it. They're gonna do it in spring. See what happens.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's a whole new ballgame now, boy. I mean, you know the the video replay was that that that that's far enough. I mean, you can't see what happens. It's called baseball. What would the old left hander be saying right now, going crazy? I me going he's probably rolling over in his grave. Yep. So I mean, when is enough enough? And then you gotta get it right? Well, you gotta get it right. So I don't know, I don't know how many pitches you have in a game. I have no idea, haven't looked at many of the rules. But this is all new. If the umpire thing's all new, Dan get that bad to where they can't call a respectable game of balls and strikes, then do like Donald Trump and say there's the door. You're fired. Maybe they're gonna blame him for everything.
Speaker 7: He gets to blame for the balls or strikes too, he's getting to blame for everything else.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I guess, okay, well he'll be blamed for this this system too. Probably. You know, he wants to Trump only he only wants to have peace in the Middle East. He only wants to have peace in Ukraine.
Speaker 7: And one PG and one pro golf tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so he's gonna so he's gonna make a deal between you live and the PG.
Speaker 7: Then he then he's gonna then he's gonna go balls and strikes and in the in baseball, can he can he solve all the problems of the n B A first out, No, how many problems does the NBA have right now?
Speaker 1: Many? So he's maybe maybe he have a meeting with James.
Speaker 7: Best thing the NBA has is Ernie Johnson, Kenny the Jet, Charles Barkley and the Shack on their pregame show in postgame and that's it. The rest the NBA. I don't watch a lot of plus the NBA. I mean, everything's been overshadowed all week by hockey talk. That's all it is. With you know, USA playing Canada? What twice in a week or over a week's time. I mean, everybody's been talking about that tournament in us A v. Canada for what couple at least a week and a half.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe maybe the NFL out to talk to to the NHL.
Speaker 7: The NFL is going to use electronics stuff for the first down.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see. I don't want to see any more flag football. You mean the Pro Bowl games? I don't want to see that. I don't want to Don't get me started on that. The skills challenge is okay, but the flag football, I mean, come on, I don't don't want to see that.
Speaker 7: One thing is no Bengal got hurt. That's the major headline in the Pro Bowl games because usually they used to get hurt. So Burrow is okay, Hendrickson's okay, and Jamar Chase is okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't let them get hurt. So what what does Joe Burrow have in common with Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman. The house got broken into, so you know about that. Yeah, I thought they arrested those guys.
Speaker 7: Well, there's probably another group that got Nicole Kidman and mister Urban.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe the same maybe the same guys they escaped. Maybe maybe Alvin Bragg let him go. I don't know, or were they were They in New York City, have no idea. If they were in New York City, they might have got out there. Keith Urban went live in Nashville. That says they're Los Angeles home. Oh, okay, los Angeles home a celebrity couple. Nicole Keith Urban, Oh their LA home. I'm sandalizing ransacked on Valentine's Day.
Speaker 7: I should have known that they got nineteen homes around America in the world.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Good luck to them. So, I mean these clowns were stealing Joe Burrow stuff and then putting their pictures out on the internet. But real brainy accident. Well, I'll tell you what you want. You won't see Rocky Boyman hanging out with them.
Speaker 7: Rocky's got a heck of a chain though it's got RB on there and all in diamonds.
Speaker 1: Man looks nice. Well now, now if his home gets wrong, it's gonna be because of you. He can't be putting that kind of stuff. No, he doesn't have anything. He's not that gaudy. All right, sek you got any big plans for this weekend?
Speaker 7: Is sitting here watching TV, Dan Carroll, watching those.
Speaker 1: Reds, watching those Are they gonna be.
Speaker 7: Gonna be listening to the Reds? And uh it's gonna be Action City.
Speaker 1: All right, sig, have a great weekend. And uh, before you have a great weekend, make sure you get us out of the stooge report.
Speaker 7: Dan, in honor of the Red Legs, starting tomorrow right here on seven hundred w BLW through October, the Home of the Red We leave you.
Speaker 1: With the immortal words of the stew Report. See the Highway Patrol election again next week. Until then, remember leave your blood at the Red Cross, not on the highway. This is Rodrick Croffin saying see you next week and the asteroid is not coming, thank goodness, only one percent. Now you can sleep easy tonight, okay on seven hundred WLW