Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI A six forty on demand. Mario. Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show. Hi Jesus, Hi Mario, what's going on?
Speaker 2: I have I have a question? Okay, okay, when I go to museums, I always see skeletons of dinosaurs, so I know they existed.
Speaker 1: Sure, well.
Speaker 2: My question is I read the Bible in the beginning of genesisis says God made the earth and then he made Adam Andique. I've always wondered that I knew that dinosaurs existed before us. But I don't want it to sound like I'm questioning you, Jesus.
Speaker 1: No, It's okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: I just it's more like I'm just curious, and maybe you could point me in the right direction. What does it anywhere in the Bible Does it say anything that dinosaurs existed.
Speaker 1: Not specifically, And it depends who you ask. There are there are many different points of view, Mario when it comes to dinosaur in scripture, and I want to go over a couple of them. One, if the Bible doesn't mention dinosaurs, that's okay. It doesn't mention the duck build platypus either, and it doesn't mention a lot of animals. It's it's from a human standpoint that that you would say, well, they were so they were unique and so specific that it's got to be mentioned in scripture. No, not necessarily, because scripture is not it's historically accurate, but it's not a history book. It's scientifically accurate, but it's not a science book. And it's it's these things that people get confused. It's a book that talks about the fall of man and the redemption and the offer of redemption demand, and it talks about God's love and God's will and God's laws. To understand these things. It does it in a way that it's dealt you know, over a span of time, dealing with chronology and through the life of humanity, but it focuses primarily on humanity, and so there isn't a need for that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Are there are those Mario who will say that in the Book of Job in chapters forty and forty one, that it talks about the Leviathan and the Bohemoth, and that these are speaking about dinosaurs because of the nature and the descriptions that they're giving, and that they have to be dinosaurs. And there's others that say, oh, whether it's a hippopotami, or it's a or it's an elephant or an alligator, of these types of things, and there's those that argue that. There's also those that will argue in science that dinosaurs had to predate man, And there are those that say, no, there's a possibility that dinosaurs and man existed at one point together. And there are those that will point to, you know, footprints, petrified footprints of both animal like dinosaurs and man, and it goes back and forth. But ultimately the most important point that I want to impart to you is that it's not about whether it mentions them or not. For them to be in existence, a Christian or anybody else would have to be a fool to say that dinosaurs didn't exist. There are still many things that are being learned about dinosaurs currently. You probably were taught about the Brontosaurus and things like that that don't exist anymore because somebody put the wrong head on the wrong body and all these and had to forensically start creating this herbivore and what it did and how it interact based on false information that happens. Certainly doesn't mean that dinosaurs don't exist, so understanding that Scripture doesn't have to mention it for it to exist. Christians don't or at least shouldn't be thinking that dinosaurs didn't exist. Of course they do, but the question is always asked from the perspective of the person who thinks that dinosaurs are important, and to God, dinosaurs may not be important. There are other theories dealing with the gap theory and all kinds of things like that. In Genesis, how the possibility that maybe although the devil can't create, he can only destroy, that the devil was tampering and genetic doing genetic tampering and causing this whole new creature to exist, and that God wipe them out, and all these fanc full and sort of loosely theologically based beliefs. But really you can believe that they talked about in scripture. You can believe that they're not talked about in scripture, whether you believe that Job is talking about them or not. Ultimately, they did exist. They just don't have a part in man's theological, emotional, spiritual evolution, and therefore they're not in scripture in that sense, in that way the way that people think they should be and this is putting Joe aside, that they don't take a prominence because they're not important to the narrative of God and Man. And that's really what it comes down to. There's just no place that you know that says, oh, well, man has to he has to know about all kinds of parts of the phylum of creation. It's just it's not necessary to the narrative at all. Joseph, welcome to Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 4: Thank you. It's a pleasure to talk with you. I have my pleasure.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I have a question. It's very difficult to rely on faith, and it seems the most almost impossible to do to use faith and trust in it.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure why?
Speaker 4: Well as evident of when I read Ecclesiastics, and perhaps you can explain it to me it Press chapter.
Speaker 1: Three, Ecclesiastes, chapter three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if you get explaining, like versus one through nine.
Speaker 1: Oh, the poem is is Solomon writes the time to give birth, a time to die, a time to plant, a time to on proof what is planted, time to kill, a time to heal that? Yeah, okay, and how and what's your question about that?
Speaker 4: Well, my question about that is it is this that time man looking at how we're treating mankind.
Speaker 1: Okay, this isn't talking about a specific time like that. This is not talking like that there's going to be a time of killing. It's not prophetic in that sense. It's actually quite beautiful. What it's talking about is that in everyone's life there's appointed times an opportunity to establish your will in different ways, both good and bad, but it should always be done for productive reasons. There is a time where in self defense you would take someone's life. There is a time or where you will be wounded. There is a time where you will heal. The point of all this is to not assume that you're ever going to escape certain parts of the reality of life. That there are going to be things that come up in your life that you're going to be faced with that you'll have to deal with, and to always assume that everything is only going to be one sided. You're only going to heal, You're only going to have times laughing or dance. There's only going to be a time of building things up, there's only going to be a time of embracing or these types of things is wrong. This particular type of poem is really pointing out the differences, the contrast, the opposites, and the things that will go on in your life, and that you will experience both, and that that will be very common to to experience and and deal with both of them as they pertained your life and as they pop up, and that that's that's okay, but it still has to be done under the will of God. It's not talking about a season in the sense the word season there actually is best described as time or point or a duration. Rather the word prior that said, spoken about as time is actually talking about a point of time. So there's a point of time where where for a duration you'll do such and such, And this particular type of poem is really to show those contrasts and how they work in people's lives and how you will experience them. That there will be a time where you gather things, there will be a time where you scatter things, there'll be a time where you build up, and there'll be a time where you tear down, and that those will have a particular purpose and meaning. And these types of things will come in and out of your life as they will with everybody's life. And it's not about oh, there's going to be a season of killing, and this happens to be the season of killing, which is where I believe you were getting at. This is not a season of killing. You have to put a lot of things into the equation, one of which is that you're looking at news footage as well. So there's things that when they get portrayed or you'll hear them in the news, and depending on how they're portrayed, that you think, oh, wow, the world's going to hell on a greased pole. And that's not necessarily the case. It's not that things are getting better, but there are seasons. There are seasons of goodness and there are seasons of badness. There are times where people will do good in the in the the important thing is to be on that be in that place of always tuning your will to the will of God and doing those things that are good. You see these movies where somebody, oh, you know, miss has a misunderstanding and then all of a sudden, you know, they think they're their wife or their girlfriends cheating on them, and then they react by going out and having an affair or somebody, and then you're looking at it the whole time outside of the situation going, my goodness, you're making it worse. Well, that's how God is. I continually watch you react to things poorly and make them worse, and take a season of pain and make it something evil, rather than finding that place to be good or kind or learn something from it and move away from it or make real, true change. And that comes from those different seasons and the different things that will come through your life, both birth and death, both love and hate, both war and peace. Things will come from this depending on how you respond to them, not just the simple fact that they're happening to you. Charlene, you there, my dear.
Speaker 3: I hope you can hear me.
Speaker 1: I certainly can. How can I help you?
Speaker 3: Great? I'll be quick, thank you. My question is how should I respond to homosexuals in society as a whole? And I have a nephew that practice is homosexual. I want to be loving, and yet I want to either what should I do or say would be the best witness for them.
Speaker 1: You love them, and you treat them like humans, and there's nothing in scripture that would say otherwise, And I'm baffled and angered by that. There are some and even on the fringe in the church that would use scripture to be hateful and hurtful to people. It disgusts me.
Speaker 3: And the.
Speaker 1: Church has had some issues with homosexuality and continues to and kind of ostracizes and makes them different and makes them the focus of all anger and ridicule. And I don't understand this. I don't know where they get this. To have that attitude and to kind of segregate the gay community the way that they have.
Speaker 3: Well, my question is they're basically for the most part, they say that they're born that way, and I don't I don't believe that that would be backed up through scripture.
Speaker 1: Well there's the scripture doesn't say one way or the other, first of all. And the argument goes back and forth. The doctor Simon LeVay, not to be confused with the Satanist Anton Leave, but the doctor Simon LeVay, who wrote extensively on the dealings with human sexuality, did some tests dealing with brain stems and the like that pointed out certain commonalities with gay men. That is used, often misquoted to say that, look, there's proof that it's biological and they're born this way. Honestly, scientifically, there is no specific proof just yet, however, saying that, what does it matter? I'm not sure why people argue one way or the other on either side whether it's biology, because if it's if something is biological, putting homosexuality aside. But if anything is biological, does that automatically make it good or bad?
Speaker 3: Well, if it's contrary just to what God says?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, let's say that that you found out that a murderer that was biological that they murdered, would that make it good?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't believe they would ever find out that it would be biological.
Speaker 1: Well they may. I'm saying that that the argument kind of gets pushed aside and people get caught up in that, And really it's about being human and kind to one another. You're called to be a Christian and to be loving, and justice and all of that plays a part in all things. But the Bible says as horrible things about those involved in gluttony, and would the church would never ever treat those that are considered to be fat the same way that they treat the gay community. So there's a separate bias.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, How how do you witness to other than just being loving and kind. How would you point out that that that you know the Bible clearly.
Speaker 1: And why would you start with Why would you start with that in any place? I mean, do you start with that when you talk to anybody? Do you find out what their sin may or may not be and focus in on that and start from there, or do you tell them about the gospel? Gospel means good news, and the good news is that man has steered themselves away from God and that God has built a bridge through the blood on the cross as a path back to God. That's the good news. And I find that oftentimes Charlene Christians want to talk about things because it's harder to live in a way that would inspire change, and to do that takes real effort on your part to walk in a way where people come to you. One Peter three point fifteen talks about to sanctify Jesus's Lord in your heart and then to be ready and willing to give a defense to those who asked about the hope that lies within you? Why do they ask about the hope that lies within you because they see you live in a way that makes them think, Wow, how did you deal with that pain or deal with that struggle or trial in your life so gracefully and with such strength. But Christians go, no, it's easier to pin someone in a corner, to tell them how horrible they are and how much better we are by having this and those types of things. And it sets people apart and makes it a big mass of you know, Christians saying we're a have and the world is a have not. And it it doesn't set the table for a place of eating. It sets the table for vomiting and people wanting to reject what you have to give them.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, I'm not coming from a point of hate this one in particular. It is my nephew, and I'm wondering other than just by example, and let's say he was to come to me. And because I believe that the Bible says that homosexual the practice of homosexuality is wrong, just like adultery or anything else. You know, it's a sin against the body, like gluttony or what have you. As you say, but they they, they, I don't think that kind of lifestyle should be sanctioned.
Speaker 1: Okay, But there's fat pastors and you don't have there are pastors that are obese, and you don't have a problem with that. There are people in the church, or or if your nephew was was fat, would you be making this phone call.
Speaker 3: I think it's a different kind of sins.
Speaker 1: But why they're spoken about, matter of fact, gluttony's spoken about more than any of the other sins that you've brought up.
Speaker 3: Well, that's true, but that doesn't.
Speaker 1: And it's spoken about about being an abomination.
Speaker 3: Sure, But I mean, why.
Speaker 1: Charlene, why why do you separate? Why is it different to you than other sins, including the sins that you live and experience in your own life every day, because.
Speaker 3: It seems to be for example.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're breaking up again, my dear, don't walk around whatever you're doing, don't walk around. Are you on a cordless phone there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, stay still. Okay, you said your nephew what.
Speaker 3: He seems to think that that is a perfectly acceptable lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, then it's not your place to change that. What it is your place is to explain the gospel, the beauty of the gospel. Yeah, and let God bring him to any understanding that he needs specifically. But it's that the church is so hyper focused and so honestly cruel to the gay community that you can't blame the gay community for rejecting the church patently in many cases. And there are many lovely people in the gay community that are trying to reach out to the church, and the church keeps smacking their hands and not wanting to engage them. And it's disgusting. It has nothing to do with the gospel, has nothing to do with scripture, has nothing. It's people putting this in above all of their sins and making it different when it's not talked about that way in scripture, and it's not segregated the way people segregate it, and if they and honestly is put on the same platform as gluttony.
Speaker 3: Well, I disagree with.
Speaker 1: You, but you're in this sense that you're disagreeing, Charlene, You're disagreeing emotionally, not out of scripture.
Speaker 3: No, I'm talking about for example, society, for example, gay marriage and so forth.
Speaker 1: Now wait a second, do you do you think you need to speak out against two Muslims getting.
Speaker 3: Married, two Muslims getting married.
Speaker 1: Two Muslims getting married. Do you think you need to speak out about two Jews getting married?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: What about two non believers?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, now, wait a second, But wait a second. Do you think that the Lord condones two atheists getting married? I don't know, no, because if it's if it's if it's if it's about God sanctioning the marriage, and it's not about this a civil union, which is dealing with the state. If if gay marriage or marriage at all is dealing with God, then from a religious standpoint, you have the right to say that. But as an American, because you're both, you don't have a right to place those things on people. The Constitution governs the United States. The Bible governs the Christian's heart, and there are two separate things. Regardless of where you stand politically on this. Charlene, and I know people are going to try and make this into a political statement. It's not. This is strictly a theological statement that as Christians in the United States, you will be torn to sometimes allow things as an American, because Americans have right to do that, including different religions, different belief systems, including atheism, that you can't outlaw those things anymore than you could outlaw divorce, which would be where I would say to start if you were going to start thrusting moral beliefs on the American society would start with divorce, which is more damaging than anything else. This is not a political statement. This is a theological statement that Scripture says to defend those things, yes, but also says to it abide by the law of the land, which is the Constitution. They are two separate documents. It's a big problem when Christians confuse the Bible with the Constitution. Frank, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jesus, how are you doing?
Speaker 1: I am well, how can I help you?
Speaker 4: I had a question about the UFOs and phenomenal So if I hear pastors sometimes say that they believe it's some kind.
Speaker 2: Of evil empathy or something, but yet.
Speaker 4: They seem to have a physical Formam, if there's some kind of.
Speaker 3: Craft, what do you think that is?
Speaker 1: Okay? So you're asking specifically about UFOs. Angels are also what are referred to as demons. Demons are or more importantly, demons are considered to be fallen angels as well as lucifer satan. So angels do take physical form. Now, as far as UFOs, I'll tell you where a lot of this comes from. So the term angel actually means messenger. That's literally translates to messenger. And there are different you know, groups that that will argue different things theologically with to angels and demons and such. So, going off of the the idea that most theologians believe that demons are angels, yes, they could absolutely manifest physically, most certainly, and and do in scripture at times in different ways and through possession. So that's off the board, no problem. When it comes to UFOs. The reason why some may think, well, the UFOs are a manifestation of an evil spirit is because of a few things. One, it distracts from the nature of God. It makes people people tend to fill the holes in their lives with false gods, you know, sex, drugs, rock and roll, even UFOs. They start thinking, well, you know what, everything on the earth points to transcendent points to intelligent life, all of these things. But I don't believe in God, so I'm going to believe that there's extraterrestrials or I'm going to believe there's something outside here that's trying to communicate All these are kind of god ish God light type concepts that people try and bring into their lives, and so that's a part of it. The second part of it is that whenever a so called UFO lands and an extraterrestrial comes out and has communication, it's always antithetical to scripture. It's always talking about some great oneness or something here or something there, or that there's power withinside you. These are all the things that other religions have taught forever and ever. So there are some theories by theologians that believe that because of the things that are being said and because of the way they're cited in some of the expressions, the things that people say they experience, there are those that just believe it's completely phony and it's either a natural phenomenon or people are seeing things kind of a wish fulfillment, or you know, like looking at a cloud and saying that cloud looks like ABE Lincoln. Well it's not really a b Lincoln. It's cloud that looks like a Lincoln. So either they're seeing things that resemble something really resembling you know, sketches and cartoons and you know what movies have created back in the forties to current days, and they're kind of replacing that and saying, okay, that's what it must be. And on top of that, the other idea is that maybe people are really seeing something and maybe it is otherworldly but not extraterrestrial, and that it is of the demonic type, and that's why they're constantly pointing away from the concept of me, the concept of a savior, the concept of scripture, the concept of God, and pointing back to humanity, which is what humans like. Humans love to be important. They love to be important, love to think that they have powers, love to think that they can, you know, solve everything themselves, all of these things, and it kind of points back to that and still gives them the satisfaction of believing that there's a transcendent of some sort, so they get all the superiority and feeling you know, great and strong and superior, and also feel like there's something else, greater out there. And that's why some theologians on the fringe may say that those types of things and experiences can be demonic. Thank you all for joining me this Sunday, as I hope you do every single Sunday. Meet us back here, same time, same place next week. And remember, more importantly than all the craziness in this world are these words. I Am with you always. KFI am six forty on demand,