Speaker 1: Kathy and Elliott Lewis on stage. Kathy Lewis Elliott Lewis, two of the most distinguished names in radio, appearing each week in their own theater, starring in a repertory of transcribed stories of their own. And you're choosing radio's foremost players and radio's foremost plays. Drama, comedy, adventure, mystery, melodrama, Ladies and gentlemen. Mister Elliott Lewis.
Speaker 2: Good evening, May I present my wife, Kathy Good Evening.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a source of constant pleasure to both Elliott and me to watch what a good writer can do with an idea. Tony, for ex Tony Ellis called us.
Speaker 2: And said over the telephone, what if Kathy were a famous picture actress and you were a soldier going on furlough.
Speaker 4: And you wanted to date with her?
Speaker 3: And then we got his script. And here's what happens to the idea. Tony told Elliott. The story is called public Furlough. The scene an army post in California, about midway between San Francisco and Los Angeles. You pick a cand it's a bright, clear day and off to the side of the drill field, and one of the few permanent buildings is an orderly room. The corporal at the typewriter is deeply intent on his composition. The other side of the room, another soldier is practicing being a con man into the telephone.
Speaker 5: No, no, I said Franasan. Sure you gotta ask him Franasan. Anybody knows that?
Speaker 6: Hey, Dave, as Launche says he never heard.
Speaker 7: Of franas A.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Allison, will you listen already? The captain says, three creoles with Franasad. If that's what the captain wants, that is exactly what the captain is going to get.
Speaker 7: How should I know what he wants with him?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, send him in care of Corporal David Sampson. No, no, no, he's going on furlough. You better send him to me, okay, bal Hey Dave, did you hear me? Give me the old double talk? I wish we were gonna be around to see what he sends over to me your favor?
Speaker 4: Sure see how this sounds?
Speaker 2: Uh my, damn miss would Okay, if you're gonna be smart, Okay, I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 4: You see I want you to tell me if you get a feeling out of this you know.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, go ahead, My dear miss would thank you for your last photograph.
Speaker 4: The boys and me sure think it's a swell one, h not me.
Speaker 7: I don't boy to me that Dame is a slot.
Speaker 4: You listen, I already know what you think. Would you just listen? All right? Go ahead? Sure it's swell tonight.
Speaker 2: I start my furlough ten days and I'm hopping a plane first thing for Hollywood. As I told you, I told you, as I told you in my last letter, the biggest thing that could happen to me in my life is for me to meet you personally. Believe me, Miss Wood, I am not just a movie struck soldier.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 2: I have a high respect for you as an artist and a person. I will be shoving off for the Pacific when my furlough is up. So you couldn't make me happier or proud than to accept the date with me while I am in Hollywood. I will call you a studio when I get in and leave my address as to where I will be yours, very truly in hopes.
Speaker 4: David Sampson, Corporal USU.
Speaker 7: How's about your serial number?
Speaker 4: Oh? Cut it out? Well? Do you? I am serious? What do you think you.
Speaker 8: Really want to know?
Speaker 5: I'm asking I think you're nuts. Now wait a minute, you asked me I think you're nuts?
Speaker 4: Is the letter?
Speaker 7: Okay, that's all. Now, what's the matter with you?
Speaker 4: For me?
Speaker 5: I'd expect something like this, but you're smart, Davy.
Speaker 7: She ain't gonna give you a tumble. You ought to know.
Speaker 2: I wanna meet her, not a tumble. I wanna meet her.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 5: You're gonna waste all that time slopping around waiting to see her while you andn't me and the boys could be having a high old time in Fresco.
Speaker 7: Oh, don't go, Davy. And I'm telling you she's a big star. She don't need thanks daddy.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, you want me to mail it for you.
Speaker 2: I'm going over there you no, no, no, I'm setting up a telegram.
Speaker 6: Well all that, Well, you're nuts, you.
Speaker 2: I wanted to get to her before I call, so on see in ten days.
Speaker 9: Oh glory, I'm tired.
Speaker 6: Be a doll and fix me a drink, will you leo? Oh my feet? Must I take pictures tonight?
Speaker 8: Great's old there, Oh glory?
Speaker 6: Why can't we take them tomorrow? Will you tell me that.
Speaker 8: Why I wanna get the pool to me? The case of Sunday papers?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 8: Honor Thursday or day off?
Speaker 6: Oh? I didn't wanna go out for dinner tonight. I'm hungry? Why does she always have to have Thursday? I'm hungry?
Speaker 4: Thanks?
Speaker 8: Uh, Danny, I want you to read something tomorrow right now, only take a minute.
Speaker 6: Why did I ever hire you?
Speaker 8: What telegram came to the studio this afternoon?
Speaker 6: Ms Daniel would only spelled it write for a change? MM? David Samson, Corporal US Army. Who's David Sampson, Corporal, US Army? Do you read it? No?
Speaker 8: Go on read the telegram that?
Speaker 6: MM? I haven't.
Speaker 3: Don believe me, missus Wood, I'm not just a movie struck soldier.
Speaker 6: She'd just love that.
Speaker 3: Leave my addresses to where you yours?
Speaker 6: Very truly in hopes. David Sampson, Corporal US Oh, for Gloy's sake, Leo.
Speaker 8: Well, well, well what I think you should do it?
Speaker 4: Do it me?
Speaker 6: David Sampson, Corporal, US Army.
Speaker 8: Yeah not me?
Speaker 6: Oh no, no stunts like that, mister Hyley.
Speaker 8: It would be good.
Speaker 4: But who you and the kid? Look? I checked the files.
Speaker 8: He's written a dozen letters in the past six months, we sent out pictures, all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Now, why not.
Speaker 8: Give 'em a break. I'm tired of publicity. It won't hurt.
Speaker 3: Look, I don't mind those dances and the hospitals. That's great, but but that's where it ends. I'm not gonna have some kid mooning and slobbering all over me.
Speaker 6: It won't be like I don't tell me.
Speaker 8: Give 'em a day. One day, show 'em around the studio, take 'em to chasings everything.
Speaker 6: Who pays for it?
Speaker 8: Expenses? I think you should, Danny.
Speaker 6: When's he coming in tomorrow? I can't the.
Speaker 8: Picture picture's finished tomorrow. He's got ten days.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm hungry.
Speaker 3: Okay, alright, will you call up somebody and get some food over here?
Speaker 6: I'm hungry nationalize.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Uh, Miss Danielle Woods, please please, Uh, this is Corporal David Sampson.
Speaker 4: I think she's expecting me to call a moment.
Speaker 6: I'll give you publicity. Well I moment please, I'm bringing mister Howe's.
Speaker 4: Office to take care of thanks.
Speaker 2: Hello, uh hello, Uh, this is David Sampson. I sent a telegram yesterday.
Speaker 8: As corpor Miss Wood receives it.
Speaker 4: Hey, she did, huh uh.
Speaker 8: Miss Wood is on the set right now. But she asked me to give you a message.
Speaker 4: Well, sure, she wondered whether she could see her tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Saturday, whether she could you bet, and that's terrific.
Speaker 4: I mean a pencil.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 8: The address is one O four six North Cannon, that's in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: Have you got that one O four six North Cannon that's in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 8: Do you know your way around town.
Speaker 4: Or not too well? But I can find it. Don't worry. We're in the car. Then where are you staying?
Speaker 2: Cor No, I don't want you to do that. I'll find it. Oh uh, what time?
Speaker 8: About eleven in the morning. In the morning, miss Wood thought it would be nice to spend the day.
Speaker 4: Say you don't mind if we take a few pictures?
Speaker 8: Do you of the turvia?
Speaker 4: Mind? Boy, I don't mind any.
Speaker 9: Well, oh, glory, thank glory, they've gone.
Speaker 6: Don't you just hate and despise photographer's carpo?
Speaker 4: I don't know too much at bottomsus Wood.
Speaker 6: Glory.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm gonna get back to the office. Carpoam nice with much?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Thanks, Hey, it's all right.
Speaker 8: Danny, don't bother, see you later, a Leo.
Speaker 6: Well, isn't this nice?
Speaker 4: I'll say?
Speaker 6: Can I get your drink? Corporate?
Speaker 2: It's a little early for me, miss Wood, thanks all the same it is for me too.
Speaker 3: Yep, you know I thought it would be so nice if we had an early lunch at Romanos.
Speaker 2: And yes, this is real good of you to spend your time with me like this. You'll never know what it means.
Speaker 3: Don't be silly. I think it's a perfectly wonderful idea. I'm so glad I had the time.
Speaker 4: Guess an awful lot my fellas wish they were me right now.
Speaker 6: Well, let's not think about them. This is your day. I'm taking lunch.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, ma'am, I'm taking you to lunch.
Speaker 6: You're very sweet, but it's all been arranged.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't arrange it though. Well, I'm sorry if it's upset your plans. But when I ask for a date, I didn't figure you taking it.
Speaker 3: And he does upset them, though, really, and I'd be much happier if we did it my way.
Speaker 6: You're very sweet, too much, I.
Speaker 2: Would a A guy doesn't want a girl, any girl to do that, and Now, if you're worried about how much dough I've got, just forget it.
Speaker 4: I'm fixed just fine.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm afraid it might be a little expensive. Nowell you wanna go now anything you like? Well, if you don't mind, I have one or two phone calls to make. Why don't you just make yourself home.
Speaker 6: I won't be long and then we can drive down.
Speaker 4: Yeah sure. Oh wait a minute.
Speaker 3: All right, corporal, none of that. I don't like that kind of thing. You keep your hands off or get out.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry it it was from your cigarette. I mean the the ash was burning your skirt. I didn't mean.
Speaker 3: Oh, Orry, that was an awful thing for me to say to even think.
Speaker 6: I am sorry. Can you forgive me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 6: I hope you didn't mind.
Speaker 4: I mean my picture taking again with you? Oh, I didn't mind.
Speaker 6: They're always taking pictures.
Speaker 4: It must be kind of rough for you.
Speaker 6: Oh you get used to it. Well, I hope it didn't get cold.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's fine. It's not like the chow I've been getting at the post.
Speaker 4: Boy.
Speaker 2: I tell you, after a couple of months, you get so as you could eat almost then any.
Speaker 3: Would you excuse me just for a second. There's a friend of mine over there, Susan Manning. She just got back from New York. She did a play you mine.
Speaker 4: Oh sure, I don't mind.
Speaker 3: I'll be right back. And please don't wait for me. Just eat your lunch.
Speaker 6: You'll get cold.
Speaker 3: Oh glory, I'm sorry, no, please, sails. Susan and I haven't seen each other for ages.
Speaker 6: I didn't mean to be so long.
Speaker 3: Oh you shouldn't have waited, you shouldn't. I'll get the captain take it away and bringing No, no, no, this is fun.
Speaker 6: It don't be silly.
Speaker 3: It looks dreadful dead Henry, and this one's on me. Now it's all my fault.
Speaker 6: I don't wanna hear another word about it, Henry. Oh yes, oh well, would you bring the corporal another steak?
Speaker 7: This one's cold, of course?
Speaker 4: This wood?
Speaker 3: Now you know what we're gonna do this afternoon, No, ma'am, I think you'll like it. Susan's got a swimming pool she wants to come over. Out of very many famous people will be there, big stars. Oh, she's such a wonderful girl, much nicer than me.
Speaker 6: She'd have had a date with her.
Speaker 4: Really, you love her. I wanted a date with Hugh miss.
Speaker 3: Wood, and I'm very proud. It's one of the nicest things that's ever happened to me. Really, you're just a doll.
Speaker 1: You are listening to Kathy and Elliott Lewis on stage tonight's play Public Furlough. Just a little later on tonight on most of these same stations, CBS Radio wraps some fresh tinsel around Tin Pannelley and delivers it right to your doorstep, disguised very loosely as the Bing Crosbie Shaw visiting Bing and you this evening will be song stylist K Starr and Jovenuti with his hot violin, John Scott Trotter and the orchestra Ken Coppinger and the rhythms lend the proceedings all they've got and it'll be enough, when added to Bing singing, to make the occasion one to remember. Tonight at the Star's address, it's K Starr and that great star Bing Crosbie.
Speaker 10: George, Georgie, Oh doll.
Speaker 2: Who are you?
Speaker 4: I saw your last picture great.
Speaker 6: I love you, Georgie. I want you to meet Corporal David Samson. He's spending the day with me. Nicest boy, Corporal. This is Georgie Tinman. He's just about the biggest agent in town.
Speaker 4: How are you pleased to meet you?
Speaker 6: Georgie?
Speaker 4: B a darling?
Speaker 6: Introduce the corporals and people? Will you if it's anyone to know about Hollywood?
Speaker 7: Corporal?
Speaker 6: Last, Georgie, he owns most of us.
Speaker 4: Get him and Drake George. We are.
Speaker 2: First trip of Hollywood Corporate. Yeah, how do they like it?
Speaker 4: Just fine? Science?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 4: Been getting a lot of autographs? No I haven't.
Speaker 2: Oh this is your chance, son, how about a drink? Well, not right now, thank you. Danny's quite a girl, isn't she.
Speaker 4: I used to handle her.
Speaker 2: She's big now, and when she came to town she was just a scared little kid.
Speaker 4: Look at her now and that's Holly. Wouldn't you know what I mean? Yeah? I I guess so.
Speaker 8: I'm a surprised a nice looking kid like you hasn't.
Speaker 2: Tried to make it No movies, isn't my line?
Speaker 4: What did you do? Uh? When a contest or something can get a date with him? I wrote to him, that's all here. You're gonna be a pretty big man when you get back to camp. Uh, say, will you excuse me?
Speaker 8: A minute.
Speaker 2: There's a fellow over there. I've been waiting to see you for a couple of weeks, you know business. Oh yeah, yeah, sure, see her up? Yes, thank you.
Speaker 4: I gotta get out.
Speaker 8: Of here alright, corporl Where is everybody?
Speaker 4: Oh? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Mister Hoyler in the house, I guess I do.
Speaker 8: Oh is Wood in there?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Uh she's been in there a couple of hours.
Speaker 8: Uh nice pool?
Speaker 4: Huh been in yeah, in out and uh you know the you want drink?
Speaker 8: Uh, not riding anything. Yah, you're having a good time caddle. Oh swell, just fine.
Speaker 4: Uh sit down?
Speaker 8: Uh you wanna go and join the party?
Speaker 4: No, I'll I'll stay here. Boy, what a set up at pools?
Speaker 8: Is they got me something?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 8: Why did you wanna meet miss one?
Speaker 4: Oh? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I think you do.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: She looked like the kind of girl a guy wants to meet, you know what I mean? And uh, we call that box office out here. Oh are you disappointing?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, No, I think she's great. She's okay.
Speaker 8: Spent much time on it.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a lot of people around, friends, photographers all the time.
Speaker 8: But I'm sorry, couple it wasn't such.
Speaker 4: A hot idea with this meeting her?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sure it was?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, listen, wait, Dottle. Guys see those pictures. They thought I was nuts. They didn't think I had a chance. What are you going to do for the rest of your full Oh? I guess after today, I've done just about everything. I'll go on back up to San Francisco and meet some of the guys. Uh, hey, will you do me a favorite?
Speaker 4: You bet?
Speaker 2: It's way past seven? Will you say good bye to miss Wood for me? I'll be going now. She's kind of tied up, and I don't wanna bother her.
Speaker 4: Will you thank her for me?
Speaker 6: See?
Speaker 8: I would want that, Corporal you wait here for a minute. I'll be right. No, no, listen, really i'd rather know. But wait, it's better you say goodbye yourself. Will you do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I guess so well.
Speaker 6: I've spent eight hours with him, Leo. Isn't that enough?
Speaker 8: I'll bet a buck you haven't been alone with him for more than half an hour.
Speaker 4: Anyhow, he wants to say goodbye.
Speaker 8: Oh, he's going, he's had enough enough.
Speaker 6: Listen, what do you want me to do? Make love to him? Glory?
Speaker 8: You wanna go out there?
Speaker 4: Or shall I say goodbye?
Speaker 6: For of course I'll say goodbye to him. Don't be ridiculous.
Speaker 8: I knew you'd want. He's by the pool, but that's if he hasn't thrown himself in by now.
Speaker 6: Don't be ridiculous. Leo tells me you're going. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: Uh, I just wanted to thank you, miss would.
Speaker 6: I wish you'd call me Danielle?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Thanks?
Speaker 6: Really haven't had much of a chance to get acquainted.
Speaker 4: Have we. What's been fine?
Speaker 6: Perhaps next time you're in Hollywood you'll call.
Speaker 4: Me up again. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Say, uh those pictures that were taken today.
Speaker 3: Course, as soon as they're ready, I'll have my secretary send 'em to well.
Speaker 2: Ih that's it. I if you don't mind, I'd rather it didn't.
Speaker 4: Oh, I I thought you sorry? Right, I changed my mind.
Speaker 3: Are you you're angry with me called?
Speaker 6: Or aren't you? You haven't enjoyed yourself and it's my fault.
Speaker 2: I'm not angry, ma'am. Thanks a lot for your time.
Speaker 6: Oh wait a minute, I I don't want you to go. Please, I wanna talk to you.
Speaker 3: Let's go over there under the trees, glory. I love this time of the evening, don't you. Yeah, I suppose all this must seem very strange to you.
Speaker 6: I mean, unimportant compared to your career as a soldier.
Speaker 4: This isn't my career, miss Wood, I was drafted.
Speaker 3: Oh well, tell me about yourself.
Speaker 2: What did you do before I was a mechanic?
Speaker 3: I think that's wonderful. I've never been able to figure out one end of a car from the other.
Speaker 6: You must be very clever, I guess not.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're being modest, glory, this is heavenly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I never did thank you for all the letters you sent me, did I?
Speaker 4: Corporal? Well, you don't have to.
Speaker 6: I loved everyone.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 9: I really did.
Speaker 3: You don't know how much it means to me to have someone like yourself writing to someone like me, giving me inspiration.
Speaker 6: Did you like the picture I sent?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Am I like you thought I'd be?
Speaker 4: No? No, I I don't think so.
Speaker 2: What did you expect the way I had seen you in the movies?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: I don't know whether to be flatter.
Speaker 2: Look, Uh, thanks a lot for today, But I.
Speaker 4: I really got you really wanna go?
Speaker 3: I thought perhaps we could we could go out to some quiet place and have dinner together.
Speaker 4: Well you don't really wanna do that, Miss Wood, but I do.
Speaker 3: I've been just as disappointed as you that we haven't had a chance to be alone.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 6: I beg your pardon.
Speaker 2: It's not your fault, and I'm not blaming you. It was crazy of me to think it would be different than what it's been.
Speaker 6: I don't understand you. I'll tell you, Miss Wood.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm like any other guy looking for something, looking for a girl. When I saw you in your first movie back at Home, you were what I wanted to find.
Speaker 6: That's very sweet.
Speaker 2: Look, please don't do that, will you. You haven't said one word to me the whole time i've been with you.
Speaker 6: Ah, can you?
Speaker 4: You don't you talk? But it's never to me.
Speaker 2: You you kind of sing and and I guess maybe you're acting or something. Well, just once, i'd like you to look at me. David Samson, Corporal, talk to me.
Speaker 6: I don't understand what you mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess you's a Oh now, I'm not the kind of girl you want to find.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not you. I don't know.
Speaker 2: There was something. Well, maybe it's the girls you pretended to be in your movies. You know, nice, honest girl, you can have fun with someone you can love all your life. I guess it. It doesn't really happen like that. Oh I don't know.
Speaker 6: Would you like to kiss me? Carporal?
Speaker 4: You don't understand, do you?
Speaker 6: I thought you just got through telling me.
Speaker 2: You that's what you think I've been telling you, haven't You would have made a good story for you to go along with all those pictures you've had taken.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't it.
Speaker 6: I don't like that.
Speaker 4: I'll bet you don't. You know what I think.
Speaker 2: I think that Mr Hyler arranged this whole deal. I think you didn't want any part of it.
Speaker 6: I think you'd better go now.
Speaker 2: That's just what I've been saying, except I should never have come. Good bye, so long? Thanks anyway for your time.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Oh that's okay.
Speaker 6: I am. You're a nice boy. I wish I could do something to make you feel better about me.
Speaker 4: That's alright.
Speaker 6: I don't want you to go away angry.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not.
Speaker 6: Would you rather I didn't have our pictures together printed?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I'd rather it won't be I promise, okay. I I wish you'd take me out to dinner.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Well thanks anyway, I I wanna pick up my things and get back to the airport.
Speaker 3: You still got at least a week on your furlough. I'd like to make you forget about today.
Speaker 6: Uh no, well you right to me. I'd love to hear from you.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 11: Oh sure, corporal? Yeah, so long?
Speaker 4: What's the matter?
Speaker 8: Not hungry?
Speaker 4: No, you don't selling anything.
Speaker 8: What happened to the corporal.
Speaker 6: Shout his way up to San Francisco?
Speaker 8: Do you have a good time?
Speaker 6: That's not very funny.
Speaker 8: I just wondered what your thoughts.
Speaker 6: I don't like this place. I don't like you. I don't like Hollywood, I don't h.
Speaker 8: How about yourself?
Speaker 6: Oh shut up?
Speaker 4: Hey, it's a.
Speaker 8: Swell Davy man. What a night?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Uh, and I'll be honest.
Speaker 7: Isn't this better?
Speaker 8: No kidding?
Speaker 4: You heard it? Oh?
Speaker 8: I was I glad to see you.
Speaker 5: I was saying to the guy's poor Davy, Well he's gonna miss and now you're not missing a thing. Hey, it ain't none of my business. But uh, how'd you make out?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 7: Did you get to see her?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You're kidding.
Speaker 2: No, kidding on the level. She was real nice. I met a lot of big stars at lunch at a real swell plight.
Speaker 4: It was great.
Speaker 2: What are you know?
Speaker 7: And me here, I've been saying she's nothing but a slab. Just goes to show you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, I'm dry. I'm another beer.
Speaker 1: Public Furlough starring Kathy and Elliott Lewis on stage, mister and missus Lewis will tell you about next week's play. In just a moment this Saturday night, when two thieves agree to team up, the result is murder and an exciting chase by the police, with the old added cherche La Femme leading Gangbusters to their quarry. It's a true story of crime and murder in the Southland, dramatized on the program that names, names, dates and places, CBS Radio's Gangbusters. Don't miss it this Saturday night on most of these same stations, and listen for Gangbusters every week at the Star's address. And now once again Kathy and Elliott Lewis.
Speaker 3: And that's how Anthony Ellis took an idea and made it into a story.
Speaker 4: And our thanks to Tony and to.
Speaker 3: Her Butterfield, who was the publicity man Leo and Byron Kane, the busy agent.
Speaker 2: And Jerry Housner, who repeated a chore of many years ago in Being My Army Buddy.
Speaker 3: Next Week a very strange love story about two people who were alone and lost and discovered a very true thing about themselves.
Speaker 2: It's called a Corner of Autumn and it was written for us by Morton Fine and David Friedkin.
Speaker 6: Until next week, then thank you for listening. Good Night, good night.
Speaker 1: Music for tonight's story was composed by Hans Raemheld and conducted by Lud Gluston.
Speaker 7: That Kathy and Elliott theme is by Ray Noble.
Speaker 1: Kathy and Elliott Lewis on stage is transcribed and directed.
Speaker 4: By mister Lewis. George Walsh speaking
Speaker 1: And Remember Here in the American Way, starring Horace Hype, Thursday nights on the CBS Radio Network