Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poke Gurgo podcast. And you are looking at Tim Duckworth and Donnie Peters, and we are both going to Day three of the WSOP Main Event. High five, buddy, let's go. Let's go Day three Today, we're gonna talk all about Tim's day because he played Day two d I cannot wait to hear these hand histories. He had to battle with one of the best in the world. But I believe you beat his ass. Suck at Mikita, suck it. Okay. I don't care how many tens of millions of dollars in live tournamentings you have, sir, you cannot beat the Duckworth. Okay, you can't do it. That's right, baby, We're gonna talk about his day. We're gonna talk about I guess we'll hit on this ultra stack, right. I mean, we have to write before.
Speaker 2: We get to that.
Speaker 1: But it's it's mostly it's mostly about the main events. They announce the payouts. Third largest WSP main event in history. Okay, so that does mean, yes, slightly down, but it doesn't matter. We got ten million buckeroos up top for first place. Let's go, baby, I want to. I want to Can we start Day three right now? I am ready to go. I am ready to go. Let's bring it on, let's sleep. It is one am, one eight am on Tuesday, July eighth. I am fired up. I did commentary all day. I'm amped up, ready to go. Some of the crap that I saw today in the livestream, Holy Mother of Jesus, God, Heavens to Earth. I was French. French Rigby is a very good player. I mean he catches car he was catching cards. He's been hot all tournament. But he's very good. French Rigby being remain Luka and I would, I would very much expect him to make a very very very deep run in this thing, well pending we find out what his end of day chipstack was. So all the end of day stuff is still filtering in. But Tim and I we are going to day three. We did punch our tickets, so we do want to try and bang this out as early as possible. Can't just be waiting around for the chip cons and stuff to come in. But again, like I said, the main focus is going to be this guy right here, the Aussie cowboy. He's going to break it down for how his day went. If you're listening to the podcast, if you're watching on YouTube, do the thing where you know you like, your subscribe, you leave reviews, you comment, all that sort of stuff. It really does help us grow. And then I got to give a shout out to OMG Tim Duckworth. That is the screen name of what's his name? His name, Will Yeah, Will Yeah Will Will has won two free rolls on play pokerg dot com.
Speaker 2: It's the name and rim Clod.
Speaker 1: I also have this thing going on playpoker dot com. By the way, playpoker go dot com is the home of free online poker. And while we're doing commentary, we're usually in these free rolls.
Speaker 2: I saw you playing one. I joined. I was peering through the wind.
Speaker 1: All the time. Well, Ramcoon, I have this thing where like, over the course of an entire night of commentary, who can finish the highest in any free role? He absolutely destroys me. I cannot. I cannot beat the freaking free rolls, save the life of me. But that doesn't matter because I'm gonna beat the wspree main event and that's all that really matters. But if you want to play poker while you watch the WSP main event. I would highly encourage you to go to play poker go dot com. It is the home to free online poker. You don't have to spend a dime. You can on one screen you can be playing the game. On the other screen, you can be watching poker Go and the coverage. That's how you get the best of both worlds for the game. Bring games, tournaments, sit and goes. It is all there available for you. So again, that's play pokerg dot com or you can grab the app on iOS or Android and we will see you at the tables. Hopefully we don't see at the tables on Tuesday though, because we will be stuck in the main event. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully fingers crossed. Were stuck in that damn thing for a very very long time. So the play poker dot com the home of free online poker. The numbers are in, sir, where are we at?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 1: Actually, we gotta go see this is This is us being unprepared and wanting to rush it. I believe it's nine thousand, dude. Let's look at the app. Nine thousand, seven hundred and something. There's ninety two million dollars in the prize school nine seven hundred and thirty five. Does that sound right to you?
Speaker 2: Sure? What is this.
Speaker 1: The main?
Speaker 3: There you go nine thousand, seven hundred and thirty five entrants, all right, cool saying there's thirty four hundred and fifty three left. That's okay, unconfirmed, but and then fourteen sixty one to pay so base, I know that that is correct. Yeah, but a little less than half the field remaining will be in the money fifteen k min.
Speaker 1: Cash, Yes, fifteen k min cash. The everyone at the final table gets a million dollars. First place is ten million dollars, second place six million, third place four million, and three million, two point four one point nine one point five one point twenty five. And then that ninth place spot one million dollars. To be honest, this is probably their best.
Speaker 3: Is it a shame? As last year? I thought it was a copy paste of last year?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: I don't you left that up? I mean, if it is, then then great, you know that. But I also think that last year they got it right, you know, I know we talked about it two years ago, because remember they set the record and then they went to twelve million, one hundred thousand for first place, which we all thought was kind of crazy to just do that. What was it last year?
Speaker 3: N six four three? I hear it is twenty five two point five million, two million, one point five million, twelve one point two five million millions They shaved off.
Speaker 1: Twohu yeah, okay, what was tenth eleventh and twelve eight hundred for tenth eleventh and.
Speaker 3: Twelve eight hundred, eight hundred six hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they changed up those spots a little bit this year.
Speaker 3: This year two hundred kf off the final table as well, Yeah, but pretty much the same, like the difference between two point five and four.
Speaker 1: And I really like these so I think, you know, some fine tuning looks like it took place between last year and this year. Of course, last year was a little bit of a bigger field size, which then affords them to add some of that more money up top to those higher spots. Of course, I personally really really love having just ten million as pretty much the flat standard, and I would not go above ten million for a long time until like you could really boost like everything else, yeah, exactly, and it wouldn't get two out of whack, like I think, just being like ten million dollars first place in the WSP Main event, Like, that's the number. That's the number for me personally, I don't like going below it. Now. I understand the arguments for it from a lot of hard and poker players out there. I do understand it. But as we have always talked about, this tournament is in analy it is a spectacle. It is so far off to the side and a unique beast that I'm totally fine with it being this unique beast of payouts as well. Okay, so a lot of people are like, why they got to play heads up for four million when third place is four million? Well, who cares. It's the w IS to be main event. Let's go, let's make the thing crazy, Okay. And that that's w That's where I'm at with it. So I really like it. No, I agree with everything he said. Good, I'm totally about this. Now. The number did come in a little bit less. I actually think the number came in close to what I thought pre WSP, which is I should have stuck to my guns, you know. I just I think I might have got wrapped up and everything. Over the course of the summer, I've seen all these big numbers. I think you know, I'm like, you know what, ten thousand, six hundred and thirty the Yeah, but last time I was getting wrapped up in it, it did set a record, So it's like, I mean, with good reason, I kind of got wrapped up into it. So but still nine seven hundred and thirty five is a very very very good number. What's that ninety million dollars in the prize pool? They correct correct me, but they've I keep seeing this ninety million number floated.
Speaker 3: Ninety million is probably after the style face got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, ninety million, five hundred and thirty five thousand, I believe is the correct number when you take out all the different fees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the CLUSI correct me wrong.
Speaker 1: They have yet to hit one hundred million ever, like right, I think even with the record because of the fees, it still came in a little bit under one hundred million, So in a way, I think that's kind of the next thing to hit. I don't know I would, I would, honestly, this is gonna sound fucking crazy, like I would play with like I don't know, I don't know if it's adding money, reducing rake whatever, but to like do one hundred million price school like somehow, some way, I'm guessing it'll it'll get there eventually. But anyway, those are the payouts ten million for first place in the twenty twenty five WSB MANA, This is one of those things that I very much expect you guys out there, the listeners, the viewers, you know, if you're if you want to email us podcasts at PokerGO dot com, you can hit us up on Twitter. He's Tim underscore underscore, Duckworth, I'm Donnie underscore. Peters he's a double underscore, I'm a single underscore. You can comment on the YouTube video all that sort of stuff. I want to hear what you guys think of the payoffs. Okay, I want to hear what you guys think of the payoffs. And maybe at some point during this whole ram, producer Rich to put the payoffs like right here, right like right here, you know, maybe there's like a maybe there's like a bag of money. Yeah, No, he just needs to put the top Like I want to see all the payoffs.
Speaker 2: I want.
Speaker 1: No, No, we don't need to see like you know, just like in the background, like we don't need to see place you know, ninety nine, which is seventy k when you get to six figures, the top eighty nine get to sixer because that seems no, that's right, Yeah, that's right. So you'll get down to And this is another thing that I know they adopted. I can't remember when they adopted. It was several years ago. But going to that similar sort of thing, I remember the EPT, I believe did this first and then it was afterwards adopted by the WASP. But you get down it used to be at the dows ap like let's say you're let's say you're nine handed, right, so you're at ninety one, so you're and that was the pay jump. You get a pay jump when you go from ninety one to ninety like, because then you're at the final ten tables. Now you make the ten tables.
Speaker 2: If they did that, they started doing that two years ago.
Speaker 1: Here I thought it was before that.
Speaker 3: Now we talked about it and how that was like the best thing they've done in a while.
Speaker 1: Well, because you want to like, when you're on a pay jump, everyone should be at equal number of players at the table. That's that's what we thought. Well, yeah, yeah, but I believe it was the EPT that started doing that back whenever the heck, those are the payouts. Let us know what you think of them. I'm very curious to hear your thoughts on everything. I do understand like the hardened poker players perspective on it, and how it's so crazy top V you know, all that sort of stuff. But I also think that there is a very very good argument for keeping it at ten million, to have that big attraction, that big, you know, headlining thing. I know there's one particular person out there that is likely going to text us tomorrow or at least today about the payouts, and I can't wait to go back and forth with that person.
Speaker 2: So does he play a lot of golf?
Speaker 1: Yeah, some would say he plays too much golf. I someone say he plays too much golf. You bought in late, very late, very very late, like like Max late, like Max Maxley.
Speaker 3: First thing I did was I asked the the TDS. He was like, what's my grace period? You get five minutes. I was like, okay, I registered during the break, got my thile for what to check in once registration is close. I bought him at the break because I wanted to see where I was. I was down here in the Horseshoe Blue went to see my seat. I'm under the gun, so I'm like, okay, I'm gonna have to come late. I don't want to play my blinds. I show up like three minutes into the level, which by the way, is totally completely I got five minutes that was the rule on my walk there, and by the time I had sat down before I even played a hand, I got a call from both head foreman here right asking are you playing?
Speaker 1: Are you Where the hell are you?
Speaker 3: I don't have to avoid you in a minute. I was like, I'm right here, relaxed. He goes, okay, okay, okay, sit down.
Speaker 1: So much pull this guy has. He gets calls from the head floor people to make sure that his ass is in the seashore.
Speaker 3: That's a good thing, but uh yeah, blind's got past and you know, just just the fifth most winningst player in poker history. Mikita Baziakowski sits on my left. I'm like cool, all right, and then like you're direct left, no, like two to my left, so he's in the big blind. When I'm on the button dash Dudley sits down three to my right. Obviously very accomplished plow players I was like, oh, this is probably not great, but I'm going to go through a few hands really quickly. First one, okay, yep, I'm gonna give you three choice of what you think I have.
Speaker 2: Okay, you ready?
Speaker 3: Okay, he's jack of spades, he's four clubs, pocket tens. These are the three hands I could have. I'm gona the hand I got fifty seven K. I opened the hijack twenty five hundred, six hundred, twelve hundred mikita off one point fifty three bets of the button to seven K. I call fop is Queen of clubs for you don't have one of those hands. Queen of clubs, four of diamonds, King of diamonds.
Speaker 1: Queen of clubs, four of diamonds, King of dam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I check, he bets four thousand, I call okay. Turn is a deuce of spades, So it's Queen four king deuce check check turn so river niner hearts, I check, he bets sixteen k.
Speaker 2: Now what was the turn? Turn was a deuce?
Speaker 1: Queen's keep queen four deuce.
Speaker 3: Niner hearts Okay, So I could either have ace, check of spades, ace.
Speaker 2: Four clubs, or pocket tens check the river.
Speaker 1: There wasn't a fluster on the turn.
Speaker 2: No no, no club and Spade checks the river. He bets sixteen K.
Speaker 3: So I felt a bit value Ye, I kind of actually wanted him to a big and I folded.
Speaker 2: What did I have?
Speaker 1: You had a check?
Speaker 2: Is that you? Finally?
Speaker 3: If you're playing along at time, I'm gonna let you pick the hand. I'm gonna give you two seconds. Yeah, okay? At ace four clubs so on the river, I wanted him to like put me all in because then I would have called because obviously me and mickid to know each other. He text me about like tournaments and stuff. I felt like he was just going to pressure me. And if he like double potted the river, like I feel like he was doing that with with the Ace jack. So I felt very valud like maybe at like the King Town. I'm gonna text him in two days because we'll get to why I'm gonna wake, but I'm gonna text him to see what he had. But I think maybe had something more that was more value driven, like a King ten. He could even have like Ace queen. But that got me down to forty K. The button, he's the button. I'm the hijack.
Speaker 2: Then I had one where I defended Jack Dou's to space.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you called three.
Speaker 3: I mean, I ain't here to lollygaggle, which why don't you fucking four bet?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what Matt Clark said. You know I don't like doing that, So I.
Speaker 1: Think this is pretty clear. Four bet or full. You want to four out of position Againstki.
Speaker 2: I want to battle the one of the best.
Speaker 1: I want to yeah, okay, the battle with a four bet, like, let's go put the sword down.
Speaker 3: I want to outplay him. I want to go to war. See if I've got it. Another hand defended Jack Door's the space fort bottom pair called a sea bet, turn two pair check cole check check river back up to starting. Then I had another hand with Mikita. I raised ace nine of hearts on the button.
Speaker 1: What was that hand with Jack do?
Speaker 3: I just defended Jack Door's for buttom pair floated, turn two pair, nothing. Just I'm gonna got real quick. It's not even important. I'm gonna get to better hands. I'm not doing a long on things that you need. This one was interesting. Let me okay, ace nine of hearts on the button. I raise men raised small by. Big Blind calls mkeita is a big wine pup is nine nine o'clubs seven A club's three of spades. He leads out twenty seven hundred. Makita yep, I call top top reze, I call small blindfolds turn is a king of spades, he checks, I check river is the five of clubs. So it's nine seven three king five three clubs. He bets fifteen k into What all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He bets fifteen k into looks like full part? Was it fifteen k? No thinking anyway? I call he had king nine? Oh, so I got him there?
Speaker 1: What do you mean got him there? He got you? You said was a king?
Speaker 2: I'm reading the wrong one he had?
Speaker 3: He had he had a nine. He had like Jack nine or something. Factor starting had queens against him one that hand, then this hand. I know you won't like, but I did it for a reason. Dash Dudley opens too three k at fifteen hundred. Big Blind in the hijack cutoff. I call small blind this with nines. This Asian I had. I had this Asian guy.
Speaker 1: So wait, he opens hijack.
Speaker 2: Hijack calls cut.
Speaker 3: Off off more than me. Okay, more than me. I should have written that down. I know what I had, I know what I finished the hand with, so that I think I have like fifty K. I call small blind. Big Blind calls. This is the big blind like had a hand where he got three bet with kings and he like tank cold and then like tank got it all in on like the safest flop ever. So he feels very nitty to me. Okay, PLoP is jack nine six rainbow, brilliant. Okay check he bets six thousand. Big blind does just leads out dash folds. The other guy follows. I call turns another jack, So jack nine and four, sorry, jack nine and six, jack and now there's two diamonds. I check the best nine. K I'm not I'm going broken this hand. Okay, cal river is four of diamonds. It brings the diamonds.
Speaker 2: I check.
Speaker 3: He bets twenty. All I was thinking in his hand was like this guy is so tight that okay. If he does miraculously have the jack nine or the jack six, then if I call him lose, I still have ten bigs.
Speaker 1: If you tell me you fucking called him, I just called.
Speaker 3: I know you're gonna I just called. Are you fucking just called he had king jack. I wasn't scared. I just like, I want my ten bigs if I lose his hand. I want my ten bigs anyway.
Speaker 1: I can eat you. I have forty seven k in this stupid fantirement and people like you. I can't even fathom what you're even thinking about doing. Just in case, bro, all the fucking money. Come on, this is the wood you level nine? Like?
Speaker 2: Come on like, I played a three bat part with ten six o' clubs.
Speaker 1: Rice, I can't take his hand. It's perfect. He has a jack there like a baziz percent of the time this guy just has like a shack suited.
Speaker 3: Oh my lord, I played a three part with ten six o' clubs, won that one head to break.
Speaker 1: And you believe I cannot believe this hand when to break up? Okay, now duck up the biggest duck you got rich right here all here.
Speaker 2: Went to break one hundred and eleven. Okay, final level. I had to. I had to really work for some chips with the fucking bro. What is happening? I can't handle it.
Speaker 1: I can't shout out, Jeff Platt. Holy, I'm literally I literally was just texting you, I said, he fucking called with nine. I can't fucking handle it.
Speaker 3: Sail in final level had to work for some chips, had to try and win some pluss with Jack seven suited and stuff. But the big hand that I lost, I got a Oh, I'm gonna tell you about them. How id bust and Mikita. I'm not sure if you're going to improve this, but you fucking first hand in the last level and Mikida's on the gun plus one. He opens to forty five hundred with aces. I followed to me, I've got King nine in the big I call half suit yep, okay, just you and him, yep, fop is King four deuce rainbow.
Speaker 2: I check he bets five K. I call okay, turn is a six? Okay? I check he bets ten K. He has like seventeen behind.
Speaker 3: I'm not I don't want to fold, but I'm like, should I just like, if he has the ace shack, will he just fold if I put.
Speaker 1: Him all in?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Just call so I put him all in. Why, I'm just trying to push out the ace shack. Why do you want to put the Why that's a better sorry? Like just so he doesn't hit the random ace on the river kind of thing, so I just put him all in.
Speaker 1: What's happening? He calls he has aces. He only like calls better he has what what's he calling? Huh?
Speaker 2: I was actually trying to get him fold you have top pair, yeah, but whatever?
Speaker 3: Uh he had aces and I have no chips, so who I had top hair and then I hit another king and busted him. But what goes around comes around because an hour later I basically lose a forty BB pot with ace jack against ace five.
Speaker 2: We get it all in on an ace king deuce ace board. She hits the five.
Speaker 1: So okay, listen, this this is why those beats are why you get the fucking money in with the nines, because then you have way more fucking chips to observe absorb a beat like that. That is why you get the fucking money in with the nine.
Speaker 3: Fifteen when you had a I don't think it's a massive bonder what so I don't think cuss myself fifteen k I had fifteen behind after.
Speaker 2: The twenty, yeah, which is like what which is what? At ten points?
Speaker 3: It was ten bigs exactly, that's ten level. So yeah, it's like eight pigs right now. Yeah, it's actually anyway I lost that hand that kind of sucked. Would have had one hundred and eighty k end up finishing with ninety eight. Pretty tough table in what I mean when I say tough table, like everyone was just solid, do you know what I mean? Just there was like no one doing anything funky. There's pretty solid. Obviously had Makaida Dash we had the triple at poker pro uh, Lucia Navarro, that's who had the he's five against me. But anyway, chips in the bag on the day three, that's it.
Speaker 1: I fucking cannot believe you played those nines like that.
Speaker 2: I was on the river. I was.
Speaker 3: I was just like, oh yeah, if I somehow get cooled and then at least I have ten biggs, I can try and spin ten bigs on.
Speaker 1: I can't believe we just called it the nines, Like what I mean? Did the fucking table? Like want to fucking punch you afterwards? Do you know how if okay, if you if I was that guy and I don't know this, gentleman, If I was that guy and you just fucking he was surprised, I would fucking I would be so disrespected. I would be unbelievably disrespected.
Speaker 2: That's not forget. I had to shut down fucking Jack Douce, so you know how disrespectful that is.
Speaker 1: And then the ten to just fucking check. Call the guy. What did you think? You know who?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: There's a there's a video of this, rich you can put it right here. When Gentili looks at Patrick Antonio so that I thought you had quant No, I thought you had. That wasn't exactly what just happened right here. I thought you had. I didn't say I thought you had quite. I said, in the rare circumstance of you coolering me, coolering you with what Jack nine, Bro, if you get cooler listen level one of the WC main event. I understand certain things. Okay, now the fucking like like it's you gotta go like you gotta fucking take your value hands like this and you gotta fucking go Okay, the end of story. I'm sorry, I'm swearing everyone. I'm literally losing my mind. It's about this ant like anyway, So that was my day. It was fun, bro, you gotta put the money in there.
Speaker 2: Well kind of about now, let's move on. Let's we're on to day three.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you bagged what again? I bagged ninety eight thousand. Okay, that's a lot of ships. I mean, you should have one hundred and thirteen thousand, but we won't talk about that.
Speaker 3: I should have fucking one hundred and eighty if Lucia Navarro didn't hit a Toriota, that's right, Okay, I got you would have changed.
Speaker 1: You would have changed the entire universe had you jammed with those nines. The whole universe changes. Butterfly effect. Everything changes after that. Okay, everything, everything, everything, everything. Do you think we're gonna have chip counts now before I hit refresh? You think we will?
Speaker 2: Yes, we don't, Okay, we don't.
Speaker 1: Normally they put like the assorted end of day chip counts in there, but they don't have them in there yet. Is there anything in the app yet?
Speaker 3: Well, like my table is still like not, like it doesn't have any chip counts in it yet, So that's probably why. And he has three people's counts. I'm guessing those three people are from the day to the day to a flight, and the other players are all from the today's flight.
Speaker 1: That's my guess wait, this guy plays poker. Well I knew that Renee Angelil.
Speaker 2: Which was Selindon's husband.
Speaker 1: Selindia Dion's husband, but he passed away.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did not know that. There's he's playing in the city. Oh, I did not know that played a PGT when before me, Assia maybe before that. I mean that's cool very recently. Yeah, yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 1: On the chip Counce tab on Poker News and we got son Kim He's got eight hundred and eleven thousand. Romaine Luk the French rigby lied diaiper As Remco coined him. I said he was lou Goat. Okay, I saw that when that was a good one. I mean the guy's he looks like he's bagged five hundred and eighty five thousand, which is hey, a bunch of chips. He was the one who of course took out Jared Blessnick with the pocket nines. He made quads against Plessnick's aces.
Speaker 2: See I didn't have quads. I couldn't give the value.
Speaker 1: Alexandro's theologist looks like he bagged a lot. Riva Arthur female player. We talked about her. She won that eleven hundred dollars event at Aria, she had a very successful day one of the wap min event. She had a it's seems like she had a pretty steady day two like she had a big stack coming in or I think around four in one thousand and she finished with it looks like around Foreigner in eighty four and eighty two, something like that. David Jackson, He's a beast in some of these tournaments. He's obviously got a lot of chips here. Josh Aria looks like he's crushing. Isaac Barron looks like he's doing well. Antonio Galiana, a two time bracewinner, a crusher. Anthony Zeno looks like he's got a lot of chips. Now, anything that I'm saying right now as it relates to chip counts, please do take it with a grain of salt. Not sure if these are fully confirmed. I am going through the poconews dot com chip counts. I got my seat draw on the app for Tuesday, but I don't anyone that joined today. They don't have a chip count so the chipcounts are just not loaded yet. So that's that.
Speaker 3: Well, you never come in on the ice forehand. I played the very fast aending it some Mekaida, Well, I fucking told you that after the myst click in the not full benning because you don't like that.
Speaker 1: That's not a miss click. I just no, I don't call the river.
Speaker 2: You call the flop, right, what if he have I don't know. Yeah, I will take today.
Speaker 1: He didn't.
Speaker 2: He's probably mad that I cracked his asis.
Speaker 1: I'm not calling the river. I'm I'm I guess I'm calling the flop because you have a back door club. H I'm back door, but I'm not loving it. Here's the problem with calling pre flop against Mikita. He's very effing good. You do not want to play out a position against someone who's very ef and good.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I can I can take him?
Speaker 1: No, clearly you can't because you might have folded the best hand. That's the point. You might have folded the best hand, right, or you might have put more chips in the pot on the flop with the second best hand. So either way it's just a shitty outcome. So I prefer just folding. But because of the positions it was hijacked versus button, I would probably come with a forebat and.
Speaker 3: Then to what when you got twenty five and he goes seven twenty five seven. That's six twelve off fifty seven.
Speaker 1: K you have fifty seven. I mean you can. I mean you can probably go twenty and its fallowed to a jam. Yeah, I mean I'd rather take me to the twelve six. Yeah, I don't think you can. I mean, it's kind of an awkward stack. Say so, I'm yeah, I probably just I probably four bet and fold. It looks super strong for you those positions. He can be attacking you fairly light. I mean you could probably even go like men nineteen to five. Yeah, I don't know, but I don't think I just call him play out a position. It's just I think it's just too difficult to realize equity with that sort of hand. You know, even if you flop an ace, you're going to behind a lot, So it's tricky. You know, flusters are going to be tricky to play out a position. So yeah, I would just go, uh four better fold and now that I think about probably fold, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It depends on how mkey has been playing whatever. But I'm not calling the river.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can. Mean unless you're a fucking absolute hero. The thing is is like, even if he has ace Jack, you block ace Jack.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So like it's very hard, right, I mean he could have he could be three better than you with him, he probably flats Jack tent. I mean yeah, he could just have a lot of stuff. What else we got.
Speaker 2: The main event?
Speaker 3: I don't know, No, not really, yeah, I mean there's just I can't like info. So I think we just have to call it a night. Well, I'm gonna call.
Speaker 1: It a night. Yeah, I mean we're gonna call it on. It's fine, but we can hit on this this six hundred dollars ultra staff. Okay, so today was Day two B, and it looks like the field could be Sorry day one B, my apologies, I'm stuck on day two that is a p main event. Looks like the field got up to more than seven thousand entries total, more than three point five million dollars in the prize pool. Looks like Justin Bassett is the chip leader from Day one B back two point seventy five million, Tom Hall, Luise Basquez, Johnny Vibes, Johnny Moreno, Yeah, Johnny Vibes bagging up a lot of chips here as I coined this one. This is this is officially the Losers Lounge Tournament. The Loser's Lounge Tournament is like the first tournament that you can enter after you bust them after like most people bust the main event. Bradley Gafford looks like he's doing well. Paul Lozano, he was at a venet type. I think he might have won the event that we covered.
Speaker 2: So there's that.
Speaker 1: Ian Simpson. I mean, this is one of those ones where a lot of unknown players are in right now, and we'll see how it goes. They don't have the payouts yet. We do have the prize pool is more than three point five million, as I mentioned, but don't have the payouts. So we'll touch on this one as it goes further. I think there's a day two and then a day three for this tournament, so we'll see how things go. And yeah, nothing else started.
Speaker 3: Nothing else started, but you know, with the main event kind of hitting that point tomorrow if things start back up. Yeah, we got two events signing tomorrow, so ahad a little bit one came Palo and mister band.
Speaker 1: Oh one other thing we got to talk about. We gotta talk about the entrance random, Emmett, Ryan Garcia. The entrance was one thousand times better than Phil Hellmuth's entrance, one thousand times way better, absolutely way better. And you guys wanted me to do an entrance. I was like, no chance. They had legitimate props with everything. You know, Phil hammu is trying to be a rock band. He's got acoustic guitars, which is just ridiculous. Phil Halmuth walks out. He's supposed to be the lead singer in a rock band, right. He's got Dan Jungleman Kates and his son Phil Halmuth the ninth with him and whatever. I never know what these guys' names are, so random. Emmittt does it as a championship boxer. He's got a championship fighter, a real legit fighter, Ryan Garcia with him, as legit as they come, like help me. Needed actual band members to be out there with him, so, you know, also didn't need the whole crazy entourage, didn't need all that. It was pretty short and sweet. Took about forty five seconds. They came out. They didn't have to stop player do anything. They came out, They did the thing. They went to their tables.
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 1: It was done like it was. It was short, it was sweet, it was better, it was much more realistic. I enjoyed it, you know, so I think I think maybe Phil Helmy then his team need to hit up Randall Emmett and be like, hey, do you have ideas? Do you want to help me for the next one? Because what Randall Emmett did with Ryan Garcia entering that made him in today was how it should be done. So but let's and Phil did a boxer before, he did a boxer before. That's a while ago, right, that was, and this was way better. This was way better, say again, and they had a real belt. They had a real belt too.
Speaker 2: Randall's had some entrances that were not good either, though.
Speaker 1: Well Randalls seemed to be going up. He did, Phil seemed to be going yeah, okay, but it was It was a good entrance. It was a good entrance again, short and sweet. We don't need this thing to take forty five minutes. Correct, Not that Phil's took forty five minutes, but it took a while, you know, it was. It was annoying, very very good from Randall Emmett and Ryan Garcia.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 1: Ryan Garcia busted today. I think Randall Emmett got through. He was at least in towards the end of the night while I was still on commentary, because they showed him out in the field, But I don't know if he ultimately bagged. He did have a healthy amount of chips that looked like around one fifty to two hundred, so heaps. So yeah, I think he did all right and ended up bagging. So we'll see how that thing goes for days.
Speaker 2: He says he's in, but han't. They haven't read yet, so then he's in.
Speaker 3: And we mentioned Mike and Kyle from Cincinnati. I think two episodes ago they made day two. They also now have made day three. So unfortunately though for Mike, he was he.
Speaker 2: Was put on the podcast hot, his chip stack.
Speaker 3: Went all the way down, took the podcast hat off, put his trust the Yellowstone hat on. Chiff KNT went back up. But you know what, the hat is on his person. Therefore, by osmosis, the luck is still there. But both of those guys. Kyl is not a listener, but I think Mike is trying to convince Carle to listen, So maybe we're gonna have an Carl doesn't have a hat though, because you know he's.
Speaker 2: Not a real listener. But anyway, Michael Carl.
Speaker 3: Day three, I met Kirk from LA He had one forty one hundred and forty k on I think the last break of the day.
Speaker 2: He actually found us through YouTube love so he was.
Speaker 3: I think he was a big Only Friends listener, found us through YouTube, That's how he kind of stumbled upon us.
Speaker 1: So I will say that I think there is a void in the content space without the Only Friends.
Speaker 2: That's what he is, exactly what he said to it.
Speaker 1: It's you know, I will be fully honest. I did not tune into every single episode, partly because they were very long, but I tuned in fairly often and I enjoyed the Only Friends podcast. So Matt Burke, if you're listening, bring it back, man, come on. I think there's enough people that miss it.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 1: And then speaking of podcasts, I saw Jason Somerville out there. Saw him out there today. Always love seeing mister Jay Carl, Jason Somerville.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Another, speaking of bringing things back, bring back running it up? Come on, I got a shout out to These are some of the ones that I forgot about. The other day, or they were on my phone, but I sent them to myself. Bill from Pennsylvania, I met. He drove all the way out here from Pennsylvania. Drove all the way out here from Pennsylvania. So shout out Bill from Pennsylvania. Miles. I met Miles, who is invested in our fantasy team. We were talking a little bit about that, and I think we lost Jeremy Osmas today in the main event, which is a freaking bummer. He was down to eight on his day one. He was down to eighteen thousand in the main event, and he he ended up bagging seventy thousand. Now I don't know if he made it through, but Miles, if you're listening and he made it through, good luck going forward. If he didn't make it through, I'm sorry and better luck next year. But it was a nice meeting to you and chatting about the fantasy team. And then today I believe the gentleman's name was David Williams, not the David Williams from runner up Main Event, Finished Fame, but another David Williams saw him. He asked me a question. It was about where the Poker News office was. He asking me where the Poker News team was I directed him and then you could kind of tell that he must have recognized my voice because he was like, are you are you? And I was like, what's your name? He said, I think he said David Williams, and I said, I'm Donnie.
Speaker 2: Nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: I thought that was your voice. So if your name isn't David Williams, I apologize. I thought that's what it was. I didn't have my phone with me to write it down, but yeah. And then another person that I met today who I've been going back and forth with via email and what not, was one of our giveaway winners, Nick Nick Castro. He was an annual subscriber who wanted to be main events seat. He made to Day two today, but he did bust today. But I met up with him. We chatted for a little bit. We talked about poker, We talked about, you know, him living in Ohio. We talked about our kids, we talked about the fact that we love Tesla's together we own them. So we talked about everything. Okay, So it was a pleasure meeting you Nick. And you know, he always he said that it's always been a bucket list item for him to play the doub speA main event, but he was hoping to or he was planning to wait till his kids got a little bit older. That way he could take the time away and then this, you know, allowed him to come out here and play. And a funny thing about Nick and I hope he doesn't mind this or get too embarrassed about it, but he he did not know that you could go from horseshoe to Paris and like stay indoors. What he was he was like, I thought you had to go outside. So he's been going from a horseshoe to Paris outside. So he's like, well, I guess he's.
Speaker 3: Walk at the front, had the Bizare shops, hangs a left down the strip and then comes back in me the europe adavy, Oh goddamn mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Something happened where like he saw like some people walk from like one room to the other and he was like, oh, I didn't even know this all they existed. So so that that was that was we had a laugh out of that. So that was that was funny. So but shout out to Nick. We had four people total that one stuff or that one main events seats. So we Nick busted today. On day one, Neil Gogel busted. And then we have Mike Baldwin with I think three hundred and fifty thousand and Jesse Simon with three hundred thousand, both going through to day day three. So shout out to them. Make us proud. Mike Baldwin will likely be wearing his Bill's Mafia hat. Jesse Simon will, i'm guessing, still be wearing the scarf that he's been wearing. Oh ye, a little bit of a lucky scarf. So let's go, Mike Baldwin, let's go Jesse Simon. Make it happen on day three. Boys, run deep, make us proud, but most importantly, do it for yourselves. And I hope you guys are enjoying the experience.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Is that all we got?
Speaker 3: You might have found tomorrow's speech table. No, it's empoissed because you am it.
Speaker 2: No my table?
Speaker 1: Is anyone at your table? No? Okay, no one at my table that I recognize either. I'm in red. I have seat nine, which is one of my favorite seats at the table. I like, I like one in nine. Those are my jams. So I'm already feeling good about things too. You have ninety three okay a ninety ak, I got forty seven point five I got so you have almost forty bigs or thirty nine. I have nineteen bigs to work with. I got forty seven and a half k. So I'm just gonna plan on just going through every day with nineteen bigs and then I'll just end upo the final table. That's how That's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: We make the money tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Do you think you tell me.
Speaker 2: Let me, let me land me one.
Speaker 1: I'm going to guess that we stop them.
Speaker 2: I would. I think they will stop, But I think we could make the money last. It just depends.
Speaker 1: I know, I know it seems like it's been going fast, and I know you've been tracking the numbers, but it could also slow down at any point, and tomorrow could be the day that slows down, right, I think. I think maybe the fact that everyone's made day three, they're out of the multiple days thing. You know, you have multiple day ones, you have multiple Day two s, the prize school is announced, you know, all that sort of stuff just kind of means that I think people might start to feel that it's a bit more real, which it obviously is, so that that's not, you know, something that you shouldn't be feeling, because it obviously is a bit more real. You know, you and I are both amped up to be going to day three, which I think a lot of people are, you know, but you're you're almost like right there, you know, You're like, Okay, one more good day and I'm going to be in the money. So I once people start feeling that, I feel like everything just kind of like tightens and slows down. Yeah, And and that could mean that we you know, even though we've been fast so far and the field sizes is fewer than it's been in the past, maybe it does start to slow down now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we are about two hundred less players heading into day three convent to last year, and a very similar amount of players in the money. It's only eighty different. So, like we said, it's been very fast, maybe it does slow down. I feel like we're going to get to the end of the day tomorrow and be close enough, but where they bag, you know, maybe we're twenty off the money just to make it a little easier, because you know, if we do have a long bubble instead of us playing ten hours, maybe it ends up being twelve, and then we have to change.
Speaker 2: I think I mentioned this. The whole schedule starts changing the day four.
Speaker 3: Now we start later. We do all these things, and it really kind of messes with everything. So I want to be surprised if they just try and get as close as they can within five levels of play bag. I might bring us all back tomorrow and hopefully you know, both of us are still in with at least twenty bigs.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll take, yeah, I'll take, to give me five biggs. I don't give a ship. Just let's go through today.
Speaker 2: Four.
Speaker 1: That's the plan. Let's make it happen. Hopefully we run hotter than the sun. But you know, I'm just gonna I'm gonna one hand at the time, baby, one hand at the times that Patrick Leonard says, one hand at the time. The only thing that you can do is you can just try and play the next hand the absolute best that you can, make the best decision and hopefully compound compound those and do the best you can.
Speaker 2: I think I had.
Speaker 3: Two three premium hands today Ice King Race Sea bet Win.
Speaker 1: I had you only had a fucking full house with knights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, the jeans against Mikita and he raised the like tried to take it away from me. Win that one, and then I had ice jack. They only three best hands. I still can't Nine was my next best hand. Actually I had four hands wild absolutely, it's like, you've gotta think it's that says something about three betting with ten six o'clock.
Speaker 2: I played three bet ten six of clubs?
Speaker 1: Why why? How did that handle?
Speaker 3: I opened ten six of clubs on the button three bet by the really tight guy. I was like, I can take this away from him. I call FLUF came okay.
Speaker 1: So is this the nines guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The nine okay, So you don't want to get the money in with the this is off with the nuts, but you will play ten six? Yeah, of course, got it. Just want to make sure that that's fucking clear. I was calling eight k to win eighteen. I've sworn more on this episode of the podcast that I've sworn all summer. I had to get them so annoyed. I had to call you nines. I have to like, I cannot believe you had to call eight K to win eighteen. I think you would call as well. Fup is nineer spades, six to spades four clubs. I have ten six of clubs. He bets twelve. I'm calling right. I got back six of spades, four clubs.
Speaker 3: I got back door clubs in middle pair, Yeah, and back doors straight trying turn it goes check down.
Speaker 1: I'm not really calling a three bit though. I don't think I'm calling three getting it's but it's ten six is just not connected enough for me. I'm fine with the open. It's ak to win eighteen. I think I would want ten to seven or ten eight.
Speaker 3: Anyway, when three seven checked down, he had ace king. He did turn a flush show with the King of Space and did break. I was not folding that hand, So you lost the hand.
Speaker 2: No, I won the hand.
Speaker 1: He had ace king high had I thought you said the term was the king No, No, three of spades.
Speaker 3: Seven a hearts. He turned a flush show with the King of Spades, oh with the King of Yes, it got it, Okay, I mean yeah, okay. If you might think the nis is nitty, I did it. I purposely called knowing that. Okay, cooler doesn't matter. I still can have spin up ten big blindes. We know I had this tournament ten bigs. You don't need to go.
Speaker 2: You can survive.
Speaker 3: But I'm also trying to play parts like, yeah, I raise called with the ace far clubs against Makia. I'm not worried about playing a hand against Makita Asikaski and like getting it only with top per against.
Speaker 1: Top, I might have top. Huh, you didn't have top No the.
Speaker 2: King nine hand when I cracked his acism saying.
Speaker 1: Got it, got it all right? Well, that nine's hand is outrageous cost.
Speaker 2: It cost me ten bigs fifteen k.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised when you put a chip in the pot for the rest of the fucking day that anyone even entered the pot. Okay, that's what I'm surprised.
Speaker 3: Hand Okay, but I showed down Jack deuce before that, and then after that I shut down ten six. I've shut down full house jack deuce ten six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the more reason to get the money in with the nines if those are the hands that you're showing down. This guy over here with the jack reason, he's just tak.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I know you think it's hardble I don't think it's horrible.
Speaker 1: It's so bad that Jeff Platt waited around until we talked about it on the podcast, waited he could have went home to pop his head in here and see, like, yes, that was efing outrageous because that was in outrageous hand, Like honestly, seriously, I mean, I like, I feel like I'm like trying so hard to win a chip in this damn tournament, and I'm just fighting the safe to stay. I understand, and you understand that. I'm like, I'm like, yes, I probably should be broke on four different occasions, okay, but I'm fighting, fighting, fighting, and then people like you are making the freaking stones and just not putting money in the pot, like it's just crazy. And there was a hand also on the feature table today that was like a similar sort of thing. There was a raise I think it was from under the gun. The next guy calls with kings. Okay, maybe two other people got in the poppet for sure. The Big Blind got in the pot as well with Queen nine and the guy. The guy under the gun had tens and it comes nine high right, and it went check bet the king the tens bet King's call. I think I think you bet two k, maybe maybe four K, I can't remember, maybe four k. At the one K, two K level or whatever, twenty five hundred whatever, who cares, he bets call. The guy in the big blind goes all in for I think eighteen K who so he was like short, he has the top pair. The tens calls, and then the kinks just fold, and I'm just like, what what planet am I on? What does even happen?
Speaker 2: I would not do that?
Speaker 1: What do you mean you wouldn't do that? You're check calling full houses. I can't take it. I can't take it. I mean like it's just like I like, oh, I wish you the best Sunday three. I wish you the best Sunday three. I got that out of my system. I wish you the best on day three, which I wish myself the best on day three. Let's f and go, baby, let's break in go. All right, he's some duckworth. I'm Donnie Peters, and we will talk to you guys on the next episode.
Speaker 2: Yea yeah,