Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Did Gardner Minshew pick his nose and eat it? Yes? That's awful. I couldn't bring myself to watch the video.
Speaker 1: I have just read the reports of the nose face assault.
Speaker 3: It's I mean, he wasn't knuckle deep. There was like a it was a nose brush like that, just like a sill brush. Yeaheah, well something.
Speaker 2: But then why does it go into the mouth.
Speaker 4: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's unconsciously doing that. I don't know if it's a common thing that he does on a regular basis.
Speaker 4: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of a sixth grade teacher that we used to have, mister Ansley, and he would do that.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for the guys on the sideline because you know, you're you're basically wrapped in lekra.
Speaker 2: And you're grown man.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of secrets, not a lot of secrets, you know, and you don't know when those cameras are on you, and you know, sometimes you got to adjust things and uh, you know, like you know, your pants get pulled down or whatever, and it's just it's awful.
Speaker 2: There's no uh dignity. Pants get pulled down sometimes in a play. What you're saying, yes, do you know what tackling is?
Speaker 1: Because I forgot about midway through the third quarter watching the Niners yesterday?
Speaker 2: What's the tackle? What does that look like? Hey?
Speaker 1: What happened with the Dodgers coming up? We're going to get Tim Katson here to explain that mess.
Speaker 3: I I man, I was very I guess happy because I'm you know, I'm a Giants fan. So if anybody playing the Dodgers is going to be my team since the Giants are sitting on their butts doing nothing for October, the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers, the Dodgers Sannish fans.
Speaker 4: Ye, I hope they get beat again. Let's go Padres.
Speaker 1: I love the rivalry between the Dodgers and the Padres fans too.
Speaker 4: Why I didn't even think that there would be a thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, I especially recently, there's definitely, you know, friction between the two.
Speaker 1: It's funny because growing up as a Giants fan or in Giants fan country, the Giants fans are obsessed with hating the Dodgers, but the Dodgers fans don't really care about the Giants.
Speaker 2: It seems like the Dodgers fans now.
Speaker 1: Really do care about the Padres, like there's something where the Padres have their number, or you know, there's just a bunch of a holes. I see more passion when I go to a Dodgers Padres game than when I go to a Dodgers Giants game.
Speaker 3: Part of it probably is that little brother aspect of it. Yeah, I mean in that the Padres kind of had that image for a long time and now they're a great team. Yeah, and they showed it last night. I mean Jerkson Profar and left field, that was a brilliant move to catch the ball would have been a home run and stand there. I mean he's drawn with the fan, which it's fine. I mean that's what you get when you pay for those seats in the field. You expect to have some sort of an interaction like that. Why it escalated to people throwing a bunch of crap on the field, I didn't quite understands.
Speaker 1: People are drunk and sports emotional. When people are sports emotional, they do not know how to act. Throw a couple pops on you and it becomes even worse.
Speaker 3: And I was actually sitting in my backyard the TV was on. I was sitting in my backyard yesterday and I saw the whole thing where security comes onto the field.
Speaker 4: I'm like, something's going on in the game. I got to go see what happened.
Speaker 1: And you're telling your dog this, I have friends? Did you have friends over or was it just a dog.
Speaker 4: Who was my son?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay and his friends. Oh that's nice.
Speaker 3: But they cooked and brought me dinner so they could use my grill, and I was like, bring it.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 1: Yes, I saw a post from your son over the weekend that made me troubled about somewhere where he was. Yeah, and well we'll talk off the air about it. It was a club, a club like a nightclub. Oh oh yes, a buddy of his was playing. Oh okay, so that's.
Speaker 2: Not like a normal hangout.
Speaker 4: No, okay, No, he was supporting friends.
Speaker 1: Well, there was a violent mob attack at a seven eleven in Orange County yesterday. There's video of this, and it shows the store clerk that was left with a bloody nose.
Speaker 3: About fifty people bum rush this place. This is where if you remember a couple of was it last week? As a matter of fact, we told you that when the LAPD released a bunch of images from the seven elevens that were hit along Ventura Boulevard, many of them those Friday nights, and then the parents were turning in their sons basically that whose images appeared in those pictures, Those were all done without any sort of violence outside of you know, vandalism. This one apparently included violence, mostly masked males pulling the door of the convenience store open, and the clerk, who was armed with something that probably a broomstick, was trying to keep them out.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's not going to win that fight, and he clearly didn't. And also, don't put your life on the line for the seven eleven. I'm not I'm not judging him.
Speaker 1: But if I'm working behind the counter of seven eleven and I see fifty guys getting in, have whatever you want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Unfortunately, don't forget the talkies. The ties are really good.
Speaker 2: Well, I like the zapps over there. Go get some zaps, very nice.
Speaker 1: You want some boner boner boner xxx, take all the pills you want, have it all. You want some cold hot dogs? That have been rolling around this for a TISSERII for six days, have at it.
Speaker 2: It's just been you want some chili.
Speaker 3: On it, sweaty meat that's been on that roller for six years.
Speaker 1: Haven't cleaned out this chili crock pot in six years. But let me get you a ladle full.
Speaker 4: Sounds good?
Speaker 1: It does sound pretty good, doesn't it. We're gross, chilly, so gross.
Speaker 3: We did get a lot of talkbacks, So if you had the story about Gray divorces, we were talking about people the increasing rates of people who after the age of fifty are calling acquits on their marriage and saying that they want a divorce. I said, And I didn't think this was I didn't think this was outrageous. I said, if my parents got divorced after the age of fifty, I would have been very angry at them. And some people completely agree with me, and some people say I'm completely nuts.
Speaker 1: Well, even though you were out of the house and you and your strollings were grown.
Speaker 4: I mean, we were string and you would.
Speaker 1: Have been mad because because they were unhappy or what, would you been mad.
Speaker 3: Just the fact that I don't even know, I don't even know exactly how I would that.
Speaker 1: They didn't respect the union of marriage, and you would and so it was all as sham.
Speaker 3: Well, some people have been saying, like why if you were so unhappy, you were an unhappy person when we were kids, why would you put us before your happiness? I mean, like it was clear you were unhappy and if the way to make you happy again was to get out of the marriage, get out of the marriage, because we would have rather had a happy mom than a mom and dad fake you know, marriage.
Speaker 1: But you said that you don't feel that way, that you would rather them. No, I would say, you said you would rather stick together for the kids.
Speaker 4: I think so, I mean barring.
Speaker 3: So if it's if it's boredom, you want to get a divorce because you're bored, you want to get a divorce because you think that other person, like you've grown tired of that person, that's when yes, you got to put some work into that and you got to do you got to stick around for the kids. In the event where it's like abuse related or cheating or something like that, I can understand it.
Speaker 1: Do you think your wife is bored with you? Probably she's gone all weekend, like she's visiting her family.
Speaker 3: Allegedly how would I know and that guy and that god and the YouTube guy that I I'm the fan of that guy, not her.
Speaker 2: Turns out you both have something in common, though, you know, Shanner, A lot of people play that to any Crush game.
Speaker 4: I see it, I see people playing it.
Speaker 2: I myself used to be addicted to Marble Madness the past time.
Speaker 3: So be careful, be careful.
Speaker 2: No, I know a lot of people play. Some of my best friends play it.
Speaker 4: I like Marble Man Marble Madness when it came out.
Speaker 3: As a as a arcade game.
Speaker 4: I remember Marble Madness and I could never play it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't remember that one, but it sounds very familiar, like I too was addicted and has just and I've just buried that in my.
Speaker 4: Brain last April.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I remember Marble Madness. That was a tough one, And.
Speaker 1: That was one of the ones you'd go like this where you were like you had the little joystick or whatever, and you'd like try to keep.
Speaker 2: The ball on the platform.
Speaker 4: The one I had was a track ball, like you had to roll it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but you still would like, yeah, yeah, you thought that that was going to get a good oblique workout.
Speaker 4: Leaning from side to side.
Speaker 3: A claim has been filed against the City of Los Angeles five million dollar claim charging that the government was derelict in its duty provide safe streets and protected citizens. This is Mary Klein, fifty five year old woman who was beaten, left with her missing teeth and blood clot in her brain in April sixth. She was just strolling through the upscale neighborhood the Venice Canal area. Another woman also attacked that night later died. A twenty nine year old transient was arrested Anthony Francisco Jones two counts of forcible rape, murder, attempted murder, mayhem, torture, and sodomy by use of force. He has pleaded not guilty to all of the charges.
Speaker 1: She says the point of this lawsuit is trying to drive home the point that the government must do more to protect its citizens amen. She says this attack has turned her into an activist for public safety. Walked herself up to LA City Hall on Friday to submit the claim.
Speaker 3: She said she has lifelong damage to her jaw, her brain blood clotting in the brain due to the transient attacking me on an unpatrolled street in Venice, and she said the street was dark, no lighting, a public street where several incidents of violent crime and murder have occurred and still no police presence. She said that's not the police's fault, that's the people who defund the police. She said that she was appreciative of some officials, including the mayor, the city council and the la Police Department, and she said she supports the goal of Careenbas to expand the LAPD by a thousand. Officers say it's not about city Hall. I see them doing a lot of work to help the community, but the government as a whole must do more than I'm not.
Speaker 4: Quite sure who she's going after.
Speaker 2: If it's not the mayor in the police department, then who is she actually.
Speaker 4: She's setting this claim again.
Speaker 2: Did you see her face post attack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember those interviews from April and then the bruising, all the blood that flowed down on the bruising, like on the top of her clavicle and everything. There are commemorations going on around the world today, as a matter of fact, since the deadliest attack on the country's history Israel October seventh. Of course, last year the Hamas led raid. Hamas marked the anniversary by firing a brage of rockets into Tel Aviv. Lesbianon's Sorry, Lebanons, has Belah got them mixed up there vowed to continue firing rockets at northern Israel in support of Hamas and the Palestinians despite its recent losses. The Israeli military says it's soon going to launch operations on the southern coast of Lebanon, telling people there to stay off the beaches and for fishermen to stay off the sea for about a sixty kilometer stretch along the Mediterranean.
Speaker 1: There is an article that kind of details how celebrities get in such great shape when they're playing superheroes and the like. And it's the takeaway is it's not sustainable, right, They dehydrate themselves. They cut calories back tremendously. It's so that they're in the best shape when they're filming that.
Speaker 3: Right in those and I mean literally down to the moments. It's funny because the guy who the guy who does this, this conditioner Jason Walsh in North Hollywood.
Speaker 4: Over there, he's got our West Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Sorry, he's got his gym sort of a nondescript place in a strip mall. It doesn't add signs or anything like that to keep it quiet. And he says there's a misunderstanding. He says, there's people that want to just cheat their way through working out. I like the people that want to do the work and do it from the ground level and build all the way through. But when you look at the guys and ladies in these you know, skin tight superhero suits or in Jake Jillenhall's case, walking around the shirt off and roadhouse, those are edited.
Speaker 4: You only get to see him with his.
Speaker 3: Shirt off after a very specific regimen of calorie counting, intentional dehydration and things like that, so that it looks the best on camera. That's not how he looks twenty four hours a day, even while he's filming that movie.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: He says, yes, working out and eating right yields tremendous results, But when it comes to movies, there's more going on behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: The writer of this piece in USA today, actually, I guess it was part of a pitch to get this guy's own protein powder out there. I'm not going to tell you what it is because he didn't give us any and he didn't give us any free workouts. He said that one of the things that he wanted to do was could you put me through an hour long workout like you would put Matt Damon in whatever? And he said, well, it's not exactly that easy. They did a screening, he said, to find where his body's mobility might be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so they had him do leg stretches. Immediately he was able to clock that there was limited flexibility in this guy's lower body, particularly his right hip.
Speaker 2: So they get to work.
Speaker 1: They do a bunch of stretches, bodyweight exercise, all aimed at his glutes. At one point, he does side steps across the gym with resistance bands, has to do squats on a balance ball. He said, by the end, my glutes are on fire. I'm sweating bullets. Doesn't this make you want to do some squats?
Speaker 4: And I can't do squats in my pants.
Speaker 1: You can do squats in your pants. It's not that high and tight that you're going to burst through your pants.
Speaker 3: These quads, girl, these quads, you just laugh.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what your quads are. He says, they're wonderful. He says, after this quick warm up that they did.
Speaker 3: The squat was deeper and more even the balance was improved, the posture was better, and he said even walking felt better. And he said that the reason he does this, Jason Walsh, this trainer is the primary focus is to help people live their best lives. And the writer says, I thought you had to involve heavyweights or heart pounding cardio to be valuable, and he says, no, it can simply be detailed work on one specific issue, one part of your body, especially if it gets at a root problem that's been neglected. And in this case, this guy's case, it was his right hip right. Particularly if your hips are a problem. You got to work on those glutes, build those glutes up, pull everything back in a little bit more hip flexibility. The other thing is that the trainer, Jason Walsh, says, sometimes the movie studios will call him and say, yeah, we start production in three weeks or five weeks or something. We need them looking their best. And he's like that, that's not a thing. You're not going to do that to get light bo or something, go to get LiPo.
Speaker 1: Tim Kates joins us to break down the debacle at Dodger Stadium. It seemed like there was some chippiness on the field that led to fans misbehaving and just an ugly loss ten to two that evens the NLDS.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was pretty bad out there. Tidal wave of emotions, guys, that's.
Speaker 2: What I think sports emotion takes us to a darker play.
Speaker 5: Well, you have to realize this is two plus years of pent up frustration from Dodger fans of what happened in the NLDS in twenty twenty two, to the Padres, what happened last year, to the Diamondbacks in the NLDS. In all season, it's been all great, what's gonna happen in October? That doom and gloom about October? And you get to Game two last night. They jump out to the early lead. The Padres then jerks and profar Rob's Gookie Betts of the home run is an incredible play. Oh, first off, we're the fans. You're supposed to knock the ball out of the glove. You're supposed to take the glove. Well, and they were they di' get Fanway or Yankee Stadium. They're letting that guy catch the ball.
Speaker 3: Made a great point of I mean he had to reach into the stands obviously to get the ball, So there wouldn't have been fanned interference if it was a fan that caught it above his glove or whatever. Yeah, what happens in that What happens if they do take his free game?
Speaker 4: You can do whatever you want.
Speaker 5: What's Gary Hoffman doing if you're sitting out there, Well, you're taking the ball and the glove right.
Speaker 4: At that game? Maybe not that game, but a bit a different scenario. I can see that happen.
Speaker 2: But what I would not have let him come down with the ball exactly right? Which is that big guy. That's a big guy. He looks about six four to fifty. But I think, here's here's nothing.
Speaker 3: Here's my problem with that thought is when the balls if you're in that section, you're you know, right there at that low fence and left field, and you even if you're there with your buddies, your girl, whatever, there's got to be a moment where you think, okay, what are the rules again? Like if the ball comes, what can I do? What can't I do? Can I lean over and get it? Do I have to lean back? If the ball comes and his gloves in front of them, face can I knock his glove out of the way, or I think there's a certain amount of that where people don't want to get involved.
Speaker 2: Can you play it? Make a play on the ball, Kades.
Speaker 4: Yes, if the ball.
Speaker 5: Is over the fence, which it was, right, you cannot lean into fair territory and try to make a play on the ball.
Speaker 4: That's interference.
Speaker 3: I mean, the great Steve Bartman story with the Chicago Cups is that the guy was leaning into the field of play and grab the ball before Mois salou.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds right. Was supposed to catch it. That's embarrassing, it is right.
Speaker 1: Yes, these dudes need to altern in their man cards.
Speaker 3: So then Jerrekson Profar pretends that he didn't catch it. I mean, he has the ball, he knows it, and he's just standing there looking at.
Speaker 2: The crowding them.
Speaker 3: The broadcast put up that that was Mookie Betts's first home first postseason home run of the year, and they even put a run on the board and then they had to take it off.
Speaker 5: See you get all that happening right then the last two years, like I mentioned, and you get the second anywhere they had guys on first and third and a line drive out to ind the Indian And then you get the fourth inning and where Freddie Freeman hits a ball to right center and to tease makes his great leaping catch and snowball. And then you get the sixth inning with Jack Flaherty and Manny Machado chirping back and forth, urt and challenging each other to a fight in the parking lot. And then you get to the seventh inning and a ball gets thrown into the crowd, a ball gets thrown back out of the crowd, and then you know what happens.
Speaker 4: Hell breaks.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just it was a snowball back and on top of that, it's the seventh Inny to Dodger Stadium. You know, they've been having a good time for two and a half hours. It was just a snowball. Well, and it could have been worse.
Speaker 3: I mean that the amount of tracks that was out there didn't seem like definitely not a Philadelphia game. I mean like it would have been ridiculous. You would have they would have had to shut down. God, they would have cleared the stands, yeah, I mean if it got too bad. But there were some beer that's some water bottles and things like that was something.
Speaker 1: The top tease was he was totally agging on the fan like he knew what he was doing.
Speaker 5: Come on, he was making gestures with his hands, he was gyro Like, what is that? I mean, there's a line where you can have fun with the fans and chirp back and forth.
Speaker 2: So is that that he's doing.
Speaker 4: It's hard to look away.
Speaker 2: Is demonstrated baseball.
Speaker 1: This isn't the NFL. Like, you have to have some freaking decorum.
Speaker 5: Right Steve Sackson I did a show this morning on five seven. He played for a long time and he's like, you know what, you don't have to be a robot out there, but you have to ignore some of that stuff when you start engaging.
Speaker 2: This is like the problem. This is like Derek Carr and the end zone stuff. But he got fined for in the NFL.
Speaker 4: That's right. And you're in the outfield.
Speaker 1: No one wants to see your genitals, sir, if you're in the outphae Is this the guy that boned the girl that, excuse me, had sexual relationship with the girl that made the allegations against Trevor Bauer.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you don't know.
Speaker 4: That's the guy who we've talked about it before. I don't remember who it was. He was suspended for taking stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, one of the greatest memories I had at Candlestick Park back when it was a you've heard of Candlesticker Uh, Yes, she had her.
Speaker 1: The Trevor Bower accuser said she had sex with two Padres players, including Tattis.
Speaker 3: Uh sitting in center field Giants playing this Cincinnati Reds when Dion Sanders was just playing center field. For him and everybody in that center field section, every time he'd come out there, we would yell alimony, baby, alimony, some court whatever, because you can because because he's thirty feet away from you and he can hear you perfectly clear, exactly. And he turned around at one point and just waved, and everybody applauded him.
Speaker 4: Right, yes, right, knowledge us. That's great.
Speaker 5: What if he would have turned around and said something to somebody or flipped us off, right, you know, it starts and eggs it on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was such a simpler time when all you could yell was alimony.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: Kind of we didn't say it was a great chance, and I didn't start everything.
Speaker 5: The guy on Instagram was a Giants fan who's in the outfield and he yells insulted people like, hey.
Speaker 2: Jock Peterson, I bet you like pe sending there.
Speaker 4: There were those things.
Speaker 1: There's one like a lot of stadiums, like just from working with the Chargers, I mean the Philip Rivers had back and forth with a guy at Arrowhead for like a decade. You know, those guys love to you know, just get involved. You just can't give them any oxygen as a player.
Speaker 4: There's also a certain amount.
Speaker 3: Of decorum that that you would want. Maybe not for a playoff game. Maybe that kind of goes out the window for a playoff game.
Speaker 5: But see the problem is the Padres are the perfect team that likes this. They feed off this intag attitude because it's driven I think.
Speaker 3: A lot of that is driven by Manny Machado. He's an absolutely a whole of a person and a bad human being, and I disagree.
Speaker 5: We talked to him on Friday at a Dodger stadium. Really nice, Oh, really really friendly. I think, yeah, you ever want Eddie Haskell was really friendly.
Speaker 4: You know, he was my favorite character.
Speaker 2: You don't know any of these people, the.
Speaker 1: Nicest people, the nicest players that you.
Speaker 2: Think are they're the nicest. You don't know these.
Speaker 4: People now, Tatise not a fan.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you that I am not either. After it's seeing that video.
Speaker 4: Katsey, you want to demonstrate what he was doing, No.
Speaker 2: Hip display. I'm not a dog that needs to be put down.
Speaker 4: Arguable, but it's fine.
Speaker 2: We were talking about this earlier.
Speaker 1: My take on it is like growing up in Giants Country, the San Francisco Giants fans made like a job out of hating the Dodgers, like that's all they cared about. When I moved down here, I found out that Dodgers fans don't really care about Giants fans.
Speaker 2: They're not obsessed with it.
Speaker 1: It seems like now Dodgers fans are more obsessed with hating on Padres and Padres fans like it feels like there's more vitriol there.
Speaker 5: It's because, like what Gary said, they play into it. Though, if the Padres players like to tease and profile those guys ignored the Dodgers fans like every other player does, yeah, we wouldn't be talking about this. Like if this word the Dodgers met to the Dodgers Phillies, the other two teams still alive in the National League. Their players weren't turned around and started yelling at at the fans in the stand, we wouldn't be even have in this discussion. It's just it's the padres. This group of players, you know, whether they're immature or not, whether they're just young players that here in twenty twenty four. That's the new thing to do is have swag like Gary's got swag.
Speaker 1: I understand when the players play with their jewelry on, it would be distracted.
Speaker 2: Would it just seems you don't like the chains? I don't. I don't know. As an athlete, I don't. I mean my NFL players were in ear rings during the game.
Speaker 1: No, I know, But like if I was playing, it's just another opportunity, especially football, another opportunity is something to grab long hair, earrings, chains, all that, because if it's on you, it's fair.
Speaker 3: Game Game three is tomorrow, Yes, six is the format, two games and then three games to two to one.
Speaker 4: So they could come back to Dodger Stadium Friday.
Speaker 5: Night would be Game five. Wow, but tomorrow's Michael King versus Walker Bueller. Game four on Wednesday could be a bullpen game for both teams.
Speaker 2: I love a bullpen game. Everybody gets a shot, you get an inn, you.
Speaker 1: Get an inningrella story is that what it is?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Really, I don't watch baseball.
Speaker 4: You should start.
Speaker 2: I'm going to watch tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: You could watch tonight. Tonight's Tigers, Guardians and Royals Yankees. Now I'll watch the Saints Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Or also Saints Chiefs in the football.
Speaker 2: Hey Katie, thank you, thanks for having always nice big fan of the show.
Speaker 5: By the way, I listen every day. I tell you that I see except today. I mean you had a job to do today.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I see you in the hallway and you look sad, and I know that that day you did not listen.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, that's true. Story a swamp watch.
Speaker 3: By the way, coming up, Yes, you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio Lap