Speaker 1: What's up, good people.
Speaker 2: Touchdowns and Tangents here, TD is underscore tangents on Twitter and Instagram, Touchdowns and Tangents dot Com. Sorry, I'm once again without our regular drops. I swear I'm gonna get them next week. I just gotta, like b Dangle, putting my house back together post Christmas and find where the flask striver is. But yeah, once I do that, have everything back to normal. Anyways, we're once again not live because Speaker hates us. But whatever, we're day late. But there hasn't really been any football this week, so it's not like you missed much. And considering there were two major coaching hires today, we actually pretty much waited for the perfect time. As always, I'm joined by everyone's favorite NFL ticket operator, the quietest loud guy, uh, your draft analysis, your draft analysts, favorite draft analyst, UH, the man with no shortage of names.
Speaker 1: Kenny Saint James Barry. But not all y'all can call me Kenned.
Speaker 2: There's nothing, there's nothing Kenny likes more than an impromptu extended intro for no reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if you feel good. I appreciate that, but yeah, not all y'all can call me. I'm gonna assume you're a first name, and you've never goned me by my first name. That's crazy, that's disrespectful almost, Isn't that funny how that flipped? Weird? Kids? Everybody like you got called a nickname. You're like, I don't like that, and then you realize I actually liked that nickname. And now it's like everybody gets called everything but their name. Yeah, pretty much identify as everything but Kenned. I'm just kidding. I wouldn't want to be anybody for me, but be me that she will be lame. All right, Well, rest in peace, good rest in peace to a legend. Those are those of you, those of you who remember, if you do remember that two step infamous DJ. I don't know why the hell I'm figuring his name right now, isn't it dj unk or dj unk? Yes? DJ rest in peace? He was forty three, he passed, he died today, infamous and that was a local song, Like he had two local songs that went global and he's gone now twenty twenty five is not playing. They're not really caring what happens. People are just going. But yeah, that song is like the soundtrack to my my young adult adolescent life. Had to walk it out of my room earlier too. It was. It's kind of sad, but yeah, recipees to a legend from Atlanta, A real one we don't talk enough about. They talk about the one hit Wonders, But like Bro, they kept the streets hot, they kept the club like, they kept people in the clubs. Like for all the shit that gen zers give millennials, you sure do love our music. You sure to get turned up to our music. You sure to make bad life choices and give us bastard siblings to that same music that you swear that. Uh you're like, this is terrible, but you danced to it. You shook ass to it. You gave us stepsisters and step brothers to that same music. Yes, I'm looking at you, the entire Confessions album. But anyway, Yeah, just have to say that rest in peace. We lost a couple of people this year, all right.
Speaker 2: Moving on to the coaching hires, A bunch that happened already. Uh, the latest one just dropped a couple hours ago. The Cowboys hire their offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer as head coach.
Speaker 1: Six.
Speaker 2: I really have no idea where this came from I don't understand how you fire Mike McCarthy, a super Bowl winning coach, only to hire one of his minions, an offensive coordinator who have been fired kind of disastrously at his last two places with the Jets and the Seahawks. So yeah, I don't really know what the Cowboys are doing. Hope Jerry Jones is not losing his mind, it doesn't have dementia and doesn't end up getting the Wendy Williams slash say treatment.
Speaker 1: That you're gonna get us thrown into a black site. But yeah, I'm going to Texas tomorrow. I need you to not like just say that, but yeah, thoughts on the shot and hummer hi, I mean, good for him? What are you gonna do? Say? No, it's not like he was ever gonna get another job anywhere else. Like literally, this is like unless he's another Jason Witton, I mean Jason, Uh, We'll still Jason. Why I'm not winning Garrett? Jason Garrett feels like another Jason Garrett situation where really he's just a head coach and title and that's it because it's still Jerry show. I don't know who is defensive coordinator is gonna be. But you gotta you got a team that's built pretty good. They got guiding in the first round. They've rebuilt that offensive line. You don't even talk about Tyrone Smith anymore. Like across the board. They've rebuilt that offensive line. They've rebuilt the defensive line. They just have to pay Micah. Their corners have to get healthy, you know, Darran Bland, Trayvon Diggs. They might sign more in the offseason, TCU safety. You know. I just think Jerry doesn't want to blow this up. I mean, look how old he is, Like you signed Dak, You're in this till the wheels fall off. So I would say, yes, this is a weird hire. I mean, but also you want to you don't want a big name. You just want a guy who's gonna get the job done.
Speaker 2: I wonder what he said in the meeting of what he would do different than McCarthy.
Speaker 1: To really kind of swade Jones. He probably was told him.
Speaker 2: Like like, he probably told him he's gonna just listen to him more.
Speaker 1: Honestly. He made Rico a star player this year. I mean, but the running back death was the steps back. The running back room looked like trash going into the season, the Henrico became a star player for the Cowboys offense so much so they cut Zeke so that yeah, yeah, but I'm saying, like the all the OC kept that offense going with Cooper Rush and Dack out, So it's like, hey, I'm the one thing holding I'm the one thing holding the offense together. I guess let me have the full reigns. We can be more aggressive. We can do things to actually help this defense. You know, they Cowboys don't need a quarterback. They could just take genty or they could just take you know, Eye Blue Carder. They could literally just load. They could strengthen their defense and then just build the rest of the team through the draft. And I think you probably if you're a guy like that like Shottenheimer, like, look, who my dad is. I made a name for myself outside of my father. The league kind of owed the shot and Hunter family. Let's be real, I mean been around the league for a while. Yeah on that, But I'm just saying, like, your dad got fired after going fourteen and two and never coached again, and then he eventually passed, he eventually died. The league owed the Shottenheiner family was old one, same way. Shanahan finally got it right, Like I'm not gonna hate because you know, the man elevated. Good for him. There were much better candidates. But Jerry wants what Jerry wants, and whatever vision he pitched. I think that's what Schottenheimer did. So good for him for keeping the OC job and getting the head coaching job.
Speaker 2: I would have I mean, I would have went with more personally. I mean, but you he's he's in Philly. Why would you go back? Why would you leave as the O C. You didn't they didn't.
Speaker 1: Want, they didn't want you to be a head coach the first time? Why would you. I'm not gonna live. I'm not gonna put myself in a position where you can reject me twice and then I lose out on potentially a Super Bowl opportunity with the Eagles because the Saints job is still available now. Yeah, Saints job was the last one left last time I checked. Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: All right, you know Jaguars hired uh Tampa Bay Buccaneers or see Liam. The Jaguars had interviewed a number of candidates. The Jaguars had interviewed a number of candidates, including Robert Saler and Patrick Graham. They ultimately went with Cohen. I think they were to say something about, we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna talk about the details of how he got hired, Y, let's talk about it. Feel like we should wait to talk about the details. Let's just judge it on its merit, all right. So keep in mind, Baker Mayfield is out on his eighth offensive coordinator in eight years, Lian Cohen, Liam Cohen. That's why the Raiders would have been perfect. Baker would have been a perfect Raider. They could have signed him, they could have revamped his team. He's not a free agent. He just signed. But when he was a free agent, they could have paid him when he had like no value, and they gave Minshew thirty million dollars, which I will never forgive. Yeah, So when it comes down to it, you know, Liam Cohen was off the coordinator for the Buccaneers. He made that offense go. Baker Mayfield said, franchise records and touchdown passes. I think he like was near up to the league. He was like leading the league in picks with like sixteen or seventeen, but forty one touchdown passes. I mean, what you're you gonna do broke one of Tom Brady's records, but that offense is definitely thriving fully. And then Christian Tristian Wurf's is an All Pro at left tackle and right tackle. Like the development of that offensive line, and they the Buccaneers kept losing people. They lose Godwin, they have McMillan, you know, Sterling Sheppard makes a comeback, Kate Adden. He kept that offense going, and you have to respect that. Their defense was just hurt and mangled, And I think he would be the perfect person because I don't think a defensive coach is going to fix Trevor Lawrence. You had to get an offensive guy. Cohen was the best option available outside of Kellen Moore. That was my point.
Speaker 2: So presumably they're all They're still all in on Trevor Lawrence, even though this is effectively now his third offensive coach, So what choice They don't have a true I mean, they just signed him last year, but I mean teams have done have done more with worst contracts, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: And honestly, I mean, we could.
Speaker 2: Say he doesn't have a market, but you don't really know until things kind of shape up in free agency, in the draft, there's not any real free, big free agent quarterbacks out there.
Speaker 1: So Sam Donald's yeah, Donald can get a fat contract from the Titans. He fucked up his bag so much in that last game, who knows, I mean, but then you might get him cheap. If you're the Titans, Hey, we'll give you thirty million dollars. I'd rather give him thirty million than do what the Raiders did, because if Sam Donald goes to the Vikings, I mean to the Raiders, I might snap. Wouldn't surprise me. I might snap. I might legitimately go to San Clemente and just start tagging up shit.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, I like the Cohen Hire for a lot of the reasons that you said. But I think the thing for me is like Jacksonville has always been good on defense, Like that's been their identity Saxonville, like when they have that front four before with del Rio, Like they've always been driven by defense.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 2: Like, if this whole Trevorick's Trevor Lawrence experience doesn't work this next year or next year and a half, like I think it's not only going to be Lawrence who's out, but it's probably gonna be going too so he's got to turn that offense around real quick. There's too much talent on that roster for them to not be dynamic on offense. And also, you can't keep giving the defensive soul stone to have an underachieving offense. Can't keep hiring offensive coaches and making big offensive draft picks and then just leaving your defense by the wayside, because really that's what the franchise is built on.
Speaker 1: All right, moving on.
Speaker 2: Pete Carroll to the Raiders. Go ahead, Kenny, because you already know how I feel about this.
Speaker 1: So he will be the oldest coach in NFL history come the first game of the season. Liam Cohen was right there, Brian Flores is right there. If you wanted just an old dude to lead this ship, like you could have just called Jim Caldwell, like this move, we're going to let Jim go. His agent bro yep should be because I mean, there's a lot of these, a lot of these white reed treads, these old white re treads, keep getting work, and I'm like, you've done nothing to warrant you getting another job yet Jim Caldwell fixed Matthew Stafford, and we just act like that didn't happen. But Josh mcdan oh, Josh McDaniels, Oh, honestly, you know what, remembering that job is still on the buck. He's like eighty fucking seven. He just got hired. It's forty nine year in the playoffs. Yeah, so let's not talk.
Speaker 2: About but he's an offensive consultant. He's eighty five, dog, he's he needs to go sit down.
Speaker 1: Yes he was, he was. He's sixty four back then. Like, I've seen this man my whole life, and all I know is he's just apparently a brilliant offensive mind. And all I know is go write some books, dog or like, but go sit down with my grandma, Like what are we doing? I love the GM pick I love. I mean, if Tom Brady and Pete Carroll gotta work together and was on the Panther staff, that's good. Revitalizing Bryce fixing Bryce Young. What do you know he's been on the Panthers staff. I know. That's why I keep saying his name, just.
Speaker 2: So I wouldn't say he was saving Bryce Young because he was with them when Bryce Young was.
Speaker 1: Sorry, he man, and you don't look good again either way either way. But when you factor him, okay, if this is the guy to write the ship and get you. If he's your okay, you got three years to fix our franchise type of situation. Okay. Pete Carroll, Uh, you put some great pieces together at the end of your time in Seattle. He put together in all pro secondary pretty much, so I have to give him his props. In some areas he got too off. He got Lucas and Charles Cross. You know, they they drafted some good guys. He rebuilt the Seahawks, so I can't tell them be mad. I mean, there are worst picks. I just feel like it was lazy to give a seventy three year old guy a three year contract and he was a professor at USC. It's like, like, if this doesn't work, I'm not giving Mark Davis a pass. You understand that, right, This will just be an even worse because you picked an old dude when they were young guys available. Even if you've Ben Johnson, he took the Bear's job. Like you could have got Kellen Moore. You could have got Killing Moore hot off of a playoff run. Hell, I wouldn't have been as mad if they got Cliff Kingsbury. I wouldn't have been as mad. But now I just see the Pete Carroll situation. I'm like, Okay, you're measuring ten times and cutting once. So what you're really telling me is you're not gonna be competitive for at least another two years. You're not gonna be competitive until Pet's on his way out, because I don't believe they're gonna be a playoff team next year. Look at every other QB in the AFC West. They have their franchise QB, the Raiders, and they probably have one of the worst rosters in the league. And you got Max Crosby out here tweeting subliminals, which honestly, he's looking like trade bait the more the day goes by. But yeah, I mean, I guess I'll give it a as far as hiring goes, I'll give it a C plus B minus. I think there were better choices out there. But if the worst you get his Pete Carroll. Okay, Tom Brady the Bucks GM that the head coach and Brady and the GM are all lockstep is what it seems like. This to me is.
Speaker 2: The best higher the Raiders have made, probably since del Rio, only because del Rio was kind of an obvious choice, and I feel like in this case, Pete Carroll was also kind of an obvious choice. But it's like, Raiders don't always have to be the smartest people in the room. You don't always got to reinvent the fucking wheel, you don't always got to think you're better than everyone else, because guess what, the last twenty years of behavior has proven that you're not further to your point. I mean, this is the way I look at it. The past. Let's see a year and a half of McDaniels, half a year and a half of Antonio Pears, half season of Rich Bassaccia, and a half season.
Speaker 1: Of Gruden, and then two years of grewd In before that.
Speaker 2: So pretty much for the last five years, the Raiders have been completely and utterly unstable, starting at the top. And we didn't even get into the four GMS they've had over that time, right, So, this is a team that's this is a team that's not just going through a rebuild, but it has been going through a transitional.
Speaker 1: Period for the past ten years.
Speaker 2: Since they've announced the move to Vegas, they've basically been in a transitional period in terms of even when they made that move, we didn't know what the impact would be on del Rio or McKenzie.
Speaker 1: They didn't end up making it.
Speaker 2: Well, McKenzie did, but Delrio didn't end up making it to Vegas. And since then, on the back end, we've seen them hire new president, we saw them fire a bunch of executives they had. They've gone through like two different kind of scouting overhauls already over that time. So the Raiders have just been in constant transition pretty much the last five.
Speaker 1: To ten years.
Speaker 2: And really, I mean you could probably even go back to before then. So for me, this higher at least steadies and shit, like, yeah, you might be right. They might go seven and nine, They may go you know eight, They may go eight and nine. They may go nine and eight. They may miss the playoffs with ten wins and a really tough division. Shoot, he may get bested by the Chargers still in Jim Harbam like, he may not be Andy Reid like. But at the end of the day, like like we always say, the Standers a standard, and I think Pete Carroll is gonna finally bring that standard to Vegas. They're gonna actually be a well run organization. They're going to actually you know, field some talent. They might field some wild cards like the Raiders always do, like Pete Carroll always does.
Speaker 1: That's kind of their ven diagram.
Speaker 2: But I think Pete Carroll will also develop some talent because he has developed some.
Speaker 1: Talent in Seattle.
Speaker 2: He has found in the rough for every you know, first and second round pick he's missed, he's found a guy. So at least for me, that's what I'm excited about. I'm excited for the Raiders to finally just be respectable and just be run correctly. Like because McDaniels, we all knew he had personality issues before.
Speaker 1: They even hired him.
Speaker 2: Gruden, we knew he was old and stuck in his ways and didn't even know if it worked. Antonio appears, we always knew was kind of a flyer. You know, we wanted to believe in him, but you know, we always knew his limitations. Pete Carroll, you know, we know he can relate to players because he's been doing it forever. You know, there were players that were upset when he even left Seattle last year. Despite his age. We know he doesn't have personality issues. He's able to manage players. He's able to manage the coordinators. He knows how to conduct himself with the media, he knows how to work with the front office. He's he's a coach's coach. He knows how to coach. And then yeah, we know he's not limited because he could. He's won at both levels and he's literally one of the most winning his coaches. So for me, I give it a solid B plus a minus. I mean, if you want to say anything about the age, just look at our last two presidents. Like I don't know what to tell you, like seventies or the New fifties.
Speaker 1: I mean, they really are. That's the problem with lay your asses down somewhere. I mean, you're not wrong on that point. The dream that you the world you prepared us for, never existed and you failed at it. That's why your ass is still work.
Speaker 2: But in a beautiful dream scenario, what I think is gonna make or break this higher hell is going to be the coordinators and the things that you said finding Carrol's replacement, because yeah, like let's say they go Let's say they go seven to nine this year, they go ten and ten and seven next year, and then they're eleven and five, and now your coordinators are getting interviews whatever, So instead of letting them go, you promote one, and then Pete Carroll moves to a senior consultant role or a senior front office role or some sort of hybrid role like he was supposed to do with Seattle, but we all kind of knew that was showface. Anyways, that would be my dream scenario. Three years Pete Carroll comes in, Steady's the shit, finds his replacement, grooms him, gets him going, promotes him. He kind of steps off to the background, and honestly, I mean, I think this is what Pete Carroll is like, this is what he likes. I think he likes adversity, he likes he's a flip or flop kind of guy. Like he likes to go in and rebuild it. He did the same thing with New England. He did the same thing with USC Like, I mean, if you really want to look at New England's kind of trajectory, it's Pete Carroll who really sent the foundation for Bill Belichick to really have all the success he had.
Speaker 1: We want to call spade a spade, I guess, But yeah, all right, that's enough.
Speaker 2: On the Raiders, Ben Johnson went to the line, went to the Bears. You put as Lions head coach, but he joined the Bears. He had his opening press conference. But yeah, just takeaways already from Ben Johnson. Many people saw as the number one candidate.
Speaker 1: Choosing the Bears job. Ay plus job. I mean it was the best It was really the best place, the only place you should be considering. So now is what it is that he made the right choice. Now to be interesting to see who was his defensive coordinator, because I would be calling Gerrod mao. It was me. I like the job for Ben Johnson.
Speaker 2: I mean there's a lots like you know, obviously the Bears have a historic organization, Chicago has rabid fans. You know, the defense is solid, has some talent on there, the offense has some weapons. You have Kleb who was the number one pick last year. So there's a lot to work with there. But honestly, I don't know how it's gonna work out. And here's why I think my first concern, like just looking at that opening press conference, like I was not impressed by Johnson's presence. Obviously it's his first one as a head coach, so it's okay to be nervous, like shit happens.
Speaker 1: But did he allegedly take a shot? People said he took a shot at Bratt LAFLORA, Yeah he did. I was like, if you don't know that guy and you're not a friend, you shouldn't be calling out by his first name.
Speaker 2: Not well that and then also well, I mean you could say the same thing about Matt Lafour too. I mean, Matt Laford wasn't that impressive his first year. It took some time.
Speaker 1: There's all the credit when Matt Laflour got there, and then you realize, no, Matt Lafloor can actually do this.
Speaker 2: So it might take some time for Ben Johnson to kind of grow into his big head coaching energy. But yeah, I just think like if it doesn't work out for him, it's gonna be tough because you essentially inherited a quarterback, but you're not gonna live to see another one. And the defense has a lot of money already spent. So as you said, you gotta, you gotta, you gotta hit a home run on that defensive coordinator higher because if you don't and that defense is mid then they're gonna look at you as the person who couldn't bring in a closer and get it over the hump.
Speaker 1: Well, they're in a perfect position because I think I have like the eighth or ninth overall pick, but then my last my last kicker is.
Speaker 2: Like I could see why you would want to stay in the division because you know you're gonna know the teams like matter before, You're gonna know your Lions, You're gonna know.
Speaker 1: The Vikings.
Speaker 2: You've put together game plans against them, so you know their defense, you know their schemes. And also I feel like that could also go to your disadvantage because they are those teams are walking into that same with that same knowledge. And also you're gonna be playing against your mentor you know, the team that puts you on a team that you didn't even want to leave in the Lions. So that's another challenge in itself. But yeah, if you you can't go winless in the division, like you can't, there's no excuse for it.
Speaker 1: Like you've been in the division.
Speaker 2: You chose this job, you chose this quarterback, you chose these weapons. So for Ben Johnson, like he's gonna have the most pressure probably out of all these guys that we've talked about.
Speaker 1: They're in a great spot draft wise because they can either take their future their left tackle in the future, they could trade for one, maybe with the Raiders because they need a center and a tackle for sure, but they can also you know, buy some go get some offensive lineman a free agency. But also like they could take an edge rusher. They can think whatever edg rusher falls to them at ten or whatever their position is, or they could just take Kelvin Banks junior out of Texas if he falls, and that's your friends. Try. Some people have given him like an Ormando Pace great almost Jeremy tunsel esked like he's a perfect he's a perfect prospect, but in some people's eyes, but since quarterback scene is more valuable, Kevin Bank and fall. But honestly, if i'm if, I'm if Pete Carroll, I like what I like Pete Carroll. When he took Charles cross on Mississippi State at nine and they needed a tackle, some people said that's out of reach. It's looking pretty good that they took him. I'm just saying, if the Raiders took a left tackle and then traded, I just think when it comes to certain guys, you understand their tendencies. We're gonna learn Ben Johnson's tendencies with Ryan Poles and how strategic they plan on moving. When I look at the Raiders in Conjunction, where Ben Johnson also interviewed, I could look at Pete Carroll and say, Pete Carroll doesn't keep around over priced veterans. So count how many overpriced veterans on the Raiders and they're all trade bait. You look at the Bears, they really just need to fix the offense, get some defensive reinforcements, and keep building depth. And Caleb Williams didn't have a bad rookie season. He quietly actually had a more efficient rookie season than Jayden Daniels. It's just Jade Daniels had a better situation.
Speaker 2: It's not just about that though, It's about the command that he had in the games.
Speaker 1: And I mean fact that a refolution wasn't the fact that his.
Speaker 2: The fact that his trajectory was so up and down, like obviously the coach, the coach, the coaches and the coaching you know, took the.
Speaker 1: Fall for that.
Speaker 2: But now that that variable has been isolated, if Caleb continues in that way, a way that you pointed out at USC and flag at USC, probably before anybody else. Like, if he continues that, at some point, we just gotta believe he's already shown us who he is.
Speaker 1: I think with a dude like that, great pay calling covers up a lot of novelty, Like yes, Patrick, look at Patrick Mahomes, you got to execute. Yeah, you're right, but look at Patrick Mahomes. Andy Reid ran a lot of fly jet sweep ship. When Mahomes first took over a starter, he didn't give him the whole playbook. Mahomes worked up to that, and now he's worked down to now the same ship.
Speaker 2: No, he just I mean, they're not running jet sweets, they don't have to, but they're running the ball there, quick passes to emotions, they're doing motion ship like they're doing. They're still doing a lot of similar he's making making the decisions now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but I'm saying, look at James Daniels, he said part of his pre draft he wanted like a virtual reality.
Speaker 2: But the reason why I'm giving you that example is to say that, like Pat Mahomes is still that guy because he learned to be that guy and he's still executing within himself. He knows his limitations and he knows he has no limitations. At the same time, Caleb, Caleb was a better prospect enabled as you've talked about for the past four years. He had to play hero balls different you know, placated too, and it's not.
Speaker 1: Work to his benefit. I think this year was a good taste for him. He needed to experience some more losing. He had some success.
Speaker 2: Well, you mentioned Jayden, but think about where they were four years ago.
Speaker 1: They were a mess. Remember they had Haskins.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm saying is, look at Jaden's.
Speaker 1: A whole totally different front offense.
Speaker 2: Look at look at Jaden's progression versus Klob's progression.
Speaker 1: I mean, quiet as kept Jaden was always a better passer and Caleb, we could just go back and look at his record breaking high school career in Cali. By the way, By the way, there's two California quarterbacks left in the playoffs and two Texas quarterbacks left in the playoffs. So I guess we're gonna find out who's who because uh, Josh Allen went from the I'm saying is I'm rooting for all the Cali quarterbacks. That's all I gotta say. But yeah, I just I think it'll work out for Chicago.
Speaker 2: How did you say Caleb had a better Moore efficient season? He threw less touchdowns the same amount of interceptions. No, he threw a couple less interceptions. But his touchdown and interception ratio was still lower. His yards per average were lower, His yards were lower, and his completion percentage was a full ten percent lower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, efficiency versus production efficiencies, your completion path, your complete completion percentage is actually a very over reception rate. Completion percentage a very overrated stat. You play enough of HLA football to know that you can run twenty five straight jet sweeps. Did you really complete one hundred percent of your passes or was just a fucking handoff? Yeah? Was it a shovel pass?
Speaker 2: When you're talking to throw over the middle, when you're talking about sixty two percent versus sixty nine, Yeah, you're right. Jaden's sixty nine might be a little bit high, but sixty two.
Speaker 1: Is also kind of low. They ran a college.
Speaker 2: Sixty two is kind of close to fish.
Speaker 1: They run a college.
Speaker 2: Sixty two's a good twenty to thirty with green passes. With me, you take away thirty of those screen passes, and that's fifty nine percent.
Speaker 1: Uh, he threw more downfield though.
Speaker 2: His yards, throw more yards per attempt, don't to show that.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is, no, I didn't say he connected downfield. I'm saying he had to say his guards per attempt. Yes, okay, but look at how many shots he took downfield it didn't hit. What I'm saying is the Commanders run a college offense where it's high efficiency completions, completions. Just look at it, like Terry McClain is the best receiver Zach Ertz had, Like I mean yard, that's the other eighty five catches.
Speaker 2: That's the other layer of it is Caleb supporting cast is a lot better than Jaden's.
Speaker 1: Well, they expected Caleb was just coming to.
Speaker 2: I don't know when you became a Caleb Caleb apologist, but.
Speaker 1: I don't not a callb apologist you are. I just know you are in twenty twenty five. Apologies. Definitely not when you were the.
Speaker 2: First one bringing up all these red flags about him, all these red flags that persisted for three years.
Speaker 1: And we'll see you in the offseason if him had Ben Johnson fixed it, at.
Speaker 2: Some point, if your dad keeps going to rehab, you just got to accept that.
Speaker 1: He's a drunk. This is his rookie year. Like, these are ungodly expectations because think about it, people didn't want to put People weren't saying, oh, Jaydon Daniels is the truth he's gonna be. People are like, it might be Drake May and what are they doing with the old miss QB Jackson Dart right now? Hyping him up is the next greatest thing, even though we all know what's either should do. It's really Cam Wore and everybody else. Cam Wore was a zero star recruit and he made himself into what he is, and then he said everybody said I quit on my team when I factually didn't.
Speaker 2: So it's like I think, for me, it's not about where you start, it's not about your production.
Speaker 1: It's about how you.
Speaker 2: Finish and the So what I mean by that is how you developed, right and then also during that process of development, what can you do and what is your base line? That's how I look at it. It's like, yeah, what Caleb can do is a lot. He's given us a great range, a lot of sparks. But the baseline has been inconsistent to say the least. So I'm not saying he's a bus I'm not saying to throw him away. What I'm saying is like he doesn't have a lot of room for error either, and him in the marriage with Ben Johnson has to work. Shout out to all those kids who were trolling him and saying they were Ben Johnson. That shit was funny as fuck. But yeah, anything else.
Speaker 1: You want to say on the Bears because we got one more nah, I think you just gotta wait and see at this point because our offense is like eighty percent complete.
Speaker 2: Aaron Glenn went to the Jets, an organization that drafted him. He played eight years there, left the Lions organization where he had really revived that defense.
Speaker 1: They kind of had a down year due to injuries, but really.
Speaker 2: Just I mean, you think about the Detroit Lions when Danny Campbell first got there and they were just kind of a laughingstock, and I think eventually they figured it out, and Glenn it was just a big, big part of that. I mean even there, like you know Hutchinson, you know, you know Carlton Davis, you know some of these you know, bigger pay guys, but they have a lot of guys who are just blue collar starters that are actually doing solid, like half of their d line, half of their corners, Like they play a lot of guys. They use their debt and they use it well. And I think that's why Glenn will be a great coach, not just for the Jets, a team that he knows, and but just any team, because if you can develop that kind of talent, if you can find ways to put players in the best situations, like, you're always going to be a great coach. And it also doesn't hurt that this organization finally has someone that they can fully get behind as far as the Jets, like this is there's no butt or if or what like. Jets fans are all in on Aaron Glenn, like Joe Namath is tweeting that he's excited.
Speaker 1: Like so, I don't even funk John, He's not even he's not even worthy of being a Hall of Fame quarterback. But that's another story. I mean, that's crazy, bro, He's he's overrated that go look at his numbers.
Speaker 2: These numbers are not about our numbers. You were just talking about how it's not all about the numbers.
Speaker 1: Bro, You literally Nyablor waited forever. Joe Name just got in like it was nothing. Kenny Stable had to wait for it because he called his fucking shot iconically. Bro, They're running back had the best game running Jets had. They don't even talk about the running the starting running back who actually is the reason why they won the game.
Speaker 2: He brought a Super Bowl to the Jets. And what about the fucking I want you to google his stats. I want with the stats from that. But it's not just about that game. It's about the Colts game before that where Name is played.
Speaker 1: Really well, okay, that's cool, but in today's NFL, that dude is made.
Speaker 2: In today's NFL, it really doesn't matter. Because you want to talk about stats, doesn't today's stats blow well, quarterback stats blow away all the stats from back then, So it really doesn't matter type of court like and also there's like five more games.
Speaker 1: Now, so no, no, no, sh it really doesn't matter. Let's just look at the type of quarterback that exists, justin Herbert Joe Namath. If you put Justin Herbert on that Jets team, they're probably winning by even more.
Speaker 2: No, because they probably won't even fucking throw the ball. Yeah, but he's tall at ship not he'd be cooking.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, like people hype up Joe Namath, but like, let's be real, a lot of nobody's trying to hope hype up Joe Namath. I'm just saying, Okay, cool.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, is he's a thought leader of the Jets organization. Shouldn't even him. He is excited, and fans are excited, like fucking should he? Though Greenberg is probably shouldting himself.
Speaker 1: I don't even care what my Greenberg thinks. But ship, Bro, we're talking about the fucking Jets. Are you kidding me? There are more prominent Jets fans. You know. That's a fucking prominent Jet fan. Brohl is a prominent jet Jet fire man Rex Ryan, Curtis Martin. This dude said Rex Ryan. Bro. Come on, bro, he's a last success. We want to talk about people we don't fuck that. Don't look it matter, Brow, that's crazy. You just gonna you're the first person on Rex Ryan.
Speaker 2: Anytime you brought up you bring.
Speaker 1: A that is because because it's funny, because it's funny. Though the foot jokes are funny.
Speaker 2: Anyways, you're very mad, right. I don't know why you're hating on the Aaron Glenn Higher. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I love the Aaron Glenn Higher. I don't gonna fuck with John to say about it. I think it's a great higher.
Speaker 2: The sat gotta stop picking on the fucking slow kid on the football team.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's crazy. Just let the Jets have something, dude, that's you're just calling me the I defended the slow k. I defended the slow kid on our football team. That's disrespectful.
Speaker 2: But yeah, last point I make is the Jets defense is also deep, so I feel like he's gonna do a lot with that.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna have to take a quarterback because I'm not trusting. I'm not trusting. I'm telling you we're taking a quarterback. If it's like if is there, he'll sit behind you. But just know, like this team doesn't work with you past this year. They have to do something he can't do, like he can't go with Antony appreciated. I'm just gonna accept not getting my quarterback because we got a forty five year old dude on ayahuasca. No, no, I agree with you. I think the other thing with the Jets.
Speaker 2: That has to change right there the front office, like whatever the fuck they gotta stopped. They're drinking that same cool he Joe Douglas, who actually where they're trying to always fucking just make one more move.
Speaker 1: It's like they got it of jock Joe Douglas. And I don't think they should have done that because look up everything he did. He rebuilt that whole roster from the stand.
Speaker 2: But he's also done a lot of ship to over leverage them and fucking gambled on town that hasn't hit. Yeah, he's gambled on town that has hit, but there's also.
Speaker 1: Been I give you Garrett Wilson. If I give you Garrett Wilson and get Deronte Adams. And the only thing I fucked up on was Aaron Rodgers, which nobody, Nobody called him popping his achilles ten in seven minutes into the game.
Speaker 2: Well that Butante Adams, he got out of the Zach Wilson situation.
Speaker 1: Adams was a bust there. Yeah, but I mean we knew that was coming, watch and watched devontec On Kary Wilson had a down here, Yeah, because they had no offensive identity and Breeze Hall care team on his back.
Speaker 2: I mean, they let Makay Beckton go for nothing to have an all Pro season when they really could have used an offensive line. Like it's crazy how little Aaron Rodgers gets sacked knowing how immobile and old he is. Yeah, like these young quarterbacks need to watch that, because just the way he moves and Phil's in the pocket is like literally fucking crazy. Like he's literally like a blind, blind, fucking Samurai trope at quarterback and it's just being wasted away. But yeah, that's his own fault. Also, Fox spated airlines. All right, just moving on, I guess I don't think we talked about.
Speaker 1: Rabel last week. Rabel's the Patriots head coach and Johns McDaniels. This is OC and they brought back this special teams coordinator. They had the second best special in the NFL. He actually is like one of the best special teams coordinators in the league, arguably the best. But he's from Baltic's days. He was already on staff. He was retained by the Pats, but they had the number two special teams union in the country, So yeah, I would want to keep that guy. He for sure probably would have got looks elsewhere. But you know, Rabel's keeping certain guys in house, which is good. I want to know if ran Carthon is gonna get another shot somewhere else. But Rabo brought some guys with him from other places that he worked at. So but yeah, the fact that Josh McDaniels, Josh McDaniels just gets to walk into another like that is a lawsuit that I'm surprised. Nobody's like, Josh McDaniels is on his third first stant with the Patriots. This dude is a no, he's not a leader of men. Respect dude, he keeps getting work, well, don't I'm calling racist. What I don't understand is not me per se, But like I'm surprised, know every other black candidate is like, hey, what the fuck are you serious this guy?
Speaker 2: What I don't understand is much like the cowboys, Like why would you put try so hard to push out Bill Belichick.
Speaker 1: To then bring back his mouth, his.
Speaker 2: Back, his his clone, like his vessel, his vessel.
Speaker 1: There you go, perfect, what the what the fucking horror crux is this? And then I don't know that Baltimore is not.
Speaker 2: Get the band back together, Like what in the fucking nineties band?
Speaker 1: Is this like the Blue Hell?
Speaker 2: Is this like you're just gonna change the lead singer and expect us to act like everything's the same. Yeah, talking to you, Lincoln Park. Uh yeah, that's actually a great comparison r P.
Speaker 1: Chester. So yeah, that's crazy to me. And also.
Speaker 2: Like the thing about doing that is and I'm speaking as a Raiders fan, cause now we've done this twice.
Speaker 1: We brought back our show.
Speaker 2: When we had no business bringing back our show. We brought back John Gruden when we had no business bringing back John Gruden. So when you do this whole, let me tap back into legendary coaching tree. What you really do is you undercut your own legend status.
Speaker 1: Like you take something.
Speaker 2: That you take a great meal that tasted good that you always can think back and say, damn, that was one of the best meals I ever had to it, and you add lima beans to it, you fucking freezer dry it, and then you pull it out of the freezer twenty years like some fucking wedding cake on your anima que, and then throw it in the freezer and then expect it to hold up to fucking today's standard It's like, bro, everything changes over time. That's good, that's life. Like just trying to get that old thing back is not all is the.
Speaker 1: Move Okay, j Cole, Okay, sparks will fly that sparks will fly with Genko and Ja Cole. But that's try that's a biggie difference. I'm choosing the light skin route. It's funnier, just go with that old thing. But yeah, it's funnier, yeah, Ja co host all that. Yeah anyways too.
Speaker 2: So yeah, my point of saying that is, if Rabel sucks, not only are you gonna essentially kill the Patriot way, you're gonna tank whatever half slice of dignity, pride.
Speaker 1: Josh McDaniels can hang it at his hat on.
Speaker 2: And three Robert Kraft, You're gonna look like you don't know what the fuck you're doing, and people are gonna start looking at you as the problem instead of Belichick and Brady, and they're probably gonna look at you as the reason of what broke that thing up and got between them. So yeah, Patriots, there's a lot on the line essentially. I mean, the whole thing about drum Mail was like he was cut from the same cloth as Rabel and you just gave up on that. So it's like, if this Vrabel thing doesn't work out, like we're looking at the Patriot Way and the Patriot Dynasty in a whole different light as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 1: Anything else you want to add, Josh McDaniels is the enemy of the forward pass. Tell him, Kenny said it. Tell him, Kenneth think gains Verry said it. I'll give my address too.
Speaker 2: All Right, college football, we gotta speed it up a little bit. We're on a hard stop.
Speaker 1: To all right, so I'll stay with the National Championship. What's the fucking dude? It was still kind of crazy. I didn't. I wasn't at the game, even though I fucking covered them all season and I covered their bowl game the last two years, which was ironically at the Cotton Bowl. But somehow I didn't mind, like got missed. But hey, that just uh makes me even more psychotically locked in on twenty twenty six and twenty twenty seven because the nut yeah National Championship it was gonna be in Miami next year. On top of that, the uh, the national title game it's been announced that it will be wait, fuck, that's later in the show. My bad, I'm looking at the wrong run. Now, hold on, I just I just lost it. Let meat log back in, alright, Google back to where I was at. All right, So USC higher Notre Dame's GM for the same position. His name right now, but you can go look it up. Honestly, I think that's a huge move because they needed a GM, and the assistant GM, who's already there a part of Lincoln staff, is gonna stay on. So imagine getting a being a GM at USC, and then you parlay that into being a GM in the NFL. What I'm does a matter when you get to the NFL.
Speaker 2: The reason why I'm saying that is because, yeah, as you mentioned, n I L, revenue share, all these different things are making it so that you need someone to bridge the gap between the front office and the play and the players and the money. And that's really what a general manager does. Yeah, I just deleted it. Don't We don't need those. You can talk about those next week.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember what they were now.
Speaker 2: One of them was Shrine Bowl, and one of them was something else for next week. Oh it was it was something else about the schedule or something. Probably actually important. No, it wasn't Big twelve media day in Frisco. You don't even talk about that right now.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well they announced it's gonna be a frist go don't You don't need did that do anything? Now? Everybody knows who cares about the big pot? You could talk about that anytime. No, it's true the ones you deleted, I literally didn't. I'm gonna. I'm flying out to Texas tomorrow for the hundred annual East I Triaboat. I'm only going because it's the hundredth. Otherwise I would be at home saving my money broke.
Speaker 2: But yeah, back to what I was saying about the GM is one, I think this is becoming a more important position in college. Two, there's a lot of crossover between the organizations. I mean, I think if you would have thought about what Notre Dame was five years ago or ten years ago, I think they've done a good job of modernizing that and embracing the modern times and not, you know, trying to shy away from it. You not to say USC hasn't, but USC just has had its own institutional shortfalls just related to spoil. It's not related to sports. Just overall the organization has been going through a lot the past ten to fifteen years. So I think you need a steady head in the front office, and you need someone who knows those challenges of being this big old institution with this you know, reputation to uphold and modernizing that to these new kids who are trying to get money, trying to get bread and also fucking around on TikTok. And on top of that, you know, you still got these old head, these old boosters.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean, overall, I like the move.
Speaker 2: I think there's a lot of crossover that I think will help USC kind of make it.
Speaker 1: Successful right away. And yeah, they made a rival, they made one of their biggest rivals weaker. Yeah, I'll be in the Elbama for the Senior Bowl, So it's gonna be a hell of a lot of people interview all right, moving on, take your tangent.
Speaker 2: According to Rapport, new Buccaneers coach Liam Cohen allegedly lie to the Jacksonville Jaguars said he wasn't taking a job so he could get a higher pay raise from them. Meanwhile, the Jaguars were interviewing Patrick Graham to satisfy the Rooney Rule. So take your tangent, which, by the way, Lions also get a third round pick for ang Glenn getting hired as a Jets coach.
Speaker 1: That's great. I mean, should the Buccaneers want my tangent on this? My thing is, wait, I got this one.
Speaker 2: Hold on, let me just say this and then you can say whatever the fuck you want to say, because mine's gonna be short, uh how long till forty seven gets rid of the Rooney rule. That's all I wanted to say, because he's getting rid of all these other d shit in spite of the fact that, you know, unemployment is kind of the worst to spin in a cool minute quietly.
Speaker 1: And also.
Speaker 2: Black companies only got like one percent of the funding, and women companies women like companies only got like three percent.
Speaker 1: So yeah, if you.
Speaker 2: Think critical or race theory doesn't impact capitalism and.
Speaker 1: Economics, then I don't know.
Speaker 2: What to tell you, because clearly the data shows the other people have not caught up in spite of whatever you think should happen over the course of sixty years versus a four hundred year country. But uh yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Wasn't even gonna blow my top, but since you brought it up, I just want everybody to universally know just you know, same way oxygen helped. So it's all breathe. White women and gay white people are the biggest and undeniable beneficiaries of all di and affirmative action. Like it's statistically a fact. Like you can go back and look through all the waves of feminism, Like you could go through every wave of feminism you want, white women have always benefited from. They'll, oh, my god, there's no diversity. This is bad, yet thyose same like white women statistically owned most of the slaves. Yeah, there's books you can read. There's shit you can google that other white people wrote. So if you don't want to hear the black guys take on, you know, my people's history, you can listen to a white person, because that's the only time something y'all actually want to listen to. You know, actual real problems is when it comes out of a white person's mouth, and then you won't do shit about it. Go figure yet. So again, the next time you look at one of your white co workers at the workplace, just know that the black people who are there probably earned their spot. Most likely the white people who been at your job didn't, and probably aren't as talented. Let's just keep it a being. And again, if we're talking about diversity hires, remember affirmative action statistically has already been proven by the US government itself and every other possible possible statistics you can think of, that it only has helped white women and gay white people. It's done nothing for black people at all. It's helped every other group Latinos marginally, but still more than black people. Asians helped them a whole lot. But you know, now y'all cried about DEI. I mean, you're not getting into Harvard. You're gonna blame tyrowd again. Or maybe it's because a lot of y'all were cheating, but you know, we're not gonna talk about that because Asian community gets real sensitive. But anyway, Yeah, so Liam Cohen from multiple reports out.
Speaker 2: Of you gotta keep the ship moving because we're only halfway through the rundown.
Speaker 1: I'm about get out of this. I'm about to go out of his onion trip. So allegedly, for multiple reports, he didn't talk to the Bucks, he didn't tell anybody he was taking the interview because the condition of him getting the contract was not taking the interview with the Bucks, I mean not taking the interview with the Jaguars. So the only person he talked to was Todd Bowles. But Tam Bowles already knew by that conversation that he had taken an interview with the Bucks. Because head coaches know things. He did what was best for himself. He played both sides against thegether it is what it is. There should probably be the same way the Falcons got punished. The Jaguars should probably be punished because too many repeto sources are him out and said this is what happened. We'll probably find out.
Speaker 2: Uh. I don't really even blame him because I think, but yeah, hard you gotta like, just because you have a job doesn't mean you stop looking for a job, And just because you found a potential job doesn't mean you shouldn't stop looking for a raise. Because either way, like fighting fighting about on two fronts, like when they can combine and be beneficial for you in the long run.
Speaker 1: If you do, it's got to justify the means. It's like, you could take this into the relationship world. You could take this to anything. If you're being offered more money than you've ever gotten, allegedly he was getting being Johnson money. But if I offer you the top spot and you could just be like, if you could be somebody's main and get married, why would you stay a side piece? That's like, that's the only way I could like, it's common sense. If that's how it fell out, that's what he's supposed to do. Now. The Jaguars embarrassing the Rooney rule by even having Patrick run waste his time to fly out there, now they should be punished for that. That's all I gotta say. But yeah, since we're talking about with all the ship.
Speaker 2: All right, the Raiders hired the Bucks assistant GM to be their main GM, Spikey I think his name was, or spy.
Speaker 1: Tech or something like that. Yeah, it's great again. I think him Pete Carroll and Belichick or not Belichick. But Brady, you're gonna be in lockstep, especially since Brey Belichick's not. Pete Carroll's not really in the coach under the coaching tree of Belichick technically are we We're not saying he isn't right, he's technically his own, so if he's his own, but he understands the Patriot way and he helped create a team that got to a Super Bowl. Yeah, I mean, I think it's a plus, especially for the Bucks. They're building the right stuff there, so to win for the Raiders for once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think if you look at the bus last few drafts, they've made the obvious pick, but it worked out for them, Like they've developed these guys and that's something.
Speaker 1: The Raiders haven't done. So I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: I think strategically they probably aligned on a four to three, which which I'm privy.
Speaker 1: To ivve is in this draft class. So I mean, if you get Mason Graham, but I'm not taking Mason Grahama, Listen, I was like a four to seven or some crazy shit.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, have had some money issues, but they always seem away seem to find ways around it, which is what.
Speaker 1: You want from a GM. So Florida to Texas, I mean Florida to Vegas. Yep, sales tax that matters, all right.
Speaker 2: The Colts higher for defensive coordinator at the same position.
Speaker 1: Al right. I forget how to say his last name, but y'all can google it. He was the Bengals DC that led him to a Super Bowl appearance. Yeah, he's perfect with the Colts. I'm surprised the Raiders didn't snack him up. SPECIs Pete Carroll didn't snack him up. But he's perfect for what the Colts need, and he probably is gonna be a great help to what they're trying to build on offense, especially like bringing to Nasty. They already have a front seven in corners and like I mean, Juju Brins was hurt, but he's healthy again, so I think, yeah, the Colts are gonna be right there, and think they're actually gonna get better.
Speaker 2: I don't really have anything to add to that other than I feel like the Colts defense kind of fell of cliff this year. I feel like they were pretty good the past two years and then this year they were just made as fuck.
Speaker 1: So hopefully they can stir the ship right.
Speaker 2: Texans fire offensive coordinator Bobby Slowick after two years.
Speaker 1: Take your tangent. That's crazy because he was literally seen as a head coaching candidate after one year and now he's fired.
Speaker 2: Not for long, That's why they call it that. Obviously, this is in response to the struggles c J. Stroud had this year, which honestly, I don't even know if you could put on slowick because they had so many injuries to the receiver room all season long. But I mean, Joe Mixon, CJ Stroud, that defense, I mean, there's no reason why that team shouldn't have at least kept it a little closer with Casey at least, you know, showed some sort of control and you know, wanted to see something from them, And I just don't think the offense really ever looked like it got its.
Speaker 1: Footing in that game. And I think that, to me was kind of.
Speaker 2: The deal breaker, because, yeah, you could have brought him back for one more year with everyone healthy, like let's see what happens, but you would have been in the same position, you know, five six games and having to.
Speaker 1: Make a switch.
Speaker 2: You're better off making that switch now, getting the guy you really want and settling on you know, whatever coordinators in house midway through the season. So saying all that, I respected Texans for ripping the band aid off, but yeah, I probably would have given him a plee just because of how good the first year was and some of the adversity they had this year. But yeah, with that, I understand the logic, All right, touchdown or turnover? Mark Andrews refused to talk to the media after he dropped the game winning two point conversion versus the Bills touchdown and turnover.
Speaker 1: I can't call it a touchdown because Mark Andrews did not indeed catch the ball and didn't score. So I mean, I think the whole outrage behind it is a turnover because technically you don't have to speak to the media. Not everybody has to speak to the media. And Cam Newton brought up a great point. Fox Sports got all kinds of sexual harassment and sexual assault allegations, and Joy Taylor and everybody else went back to work like nothing happened. ESPN has had the same thing. NFL Network had it too, and you didn't have you didn't run and put a camera in front of you know, everybody's face who got fired from NFL Network. So that's totally different. But that's what I'm saying, Like, that's what I'm saying, like it's a sliding scale. Yes, he should speak to you guys, but technically he doesn't have to, and he can make up any bullshit reason he wants. You've been to how many media scrubs, Pete, how many times have you showed up the shit and somebody just didn't want to talk. Yes, that's a waste of your time as a media member. But when it comes down to it, they don't have to say ship and they can throw up they can throw up a straw man on anyways to be like, I don't want to talk anyways, all right, let me hop in here.
Speaker 2: It's a turn on the opposite of what you're saying is like yes. And also, how many scrums have you gone to? How many opening statements have you heard that don't really say ship? So, Mark Andrews, you could have got up there, you could have given a really brief statement and just said something anything, because at the end of.
Speaker 1: The day, like say something I'm there for.
Speaker 2: Well, in theory, the media should be there to represent the fans in the audience. So they're asking on behalfy the stance in the audience they want to see it. Now, granted there'd be some people in there just for clouds and selfies, but we don't got to get into that. The fact of the matter is the press conference is there to address the fans, the public, the people. And honestly, it wasn't Mark Andrews's fault, like the team should have never been in that position. They were in that position for a number of different reasons, three of them being on probably the best player in the world, Lamar Jackson. But Lamar took the stage right, Yeah, think about that super Bowl, bro, think about that Super Bowl Broncos Carolina. Like Cam still took the press conference afterwards.
Speaker 1: You have the trouble, you know what, you know, none of his receivers were there because none of them could catch the fucking ball.
Speaker 2: Like, I respect Cam giving him a plead as a player. Cam took a lot of press conferences that weren't the best of times he.
Speaker 1: Did after he almost fucking died in a car crash, so he was all fucked up.
Speaker 2: So for me, like he should understand why it is important and why it should have been important to Andrews because not just that, but it's like, to me, this signals that Andrews knows his days in Baltimore number because that, to me is a question that he didn't want to answer, much like how Cooper Cup had to answer it and was like, yeah, I don't know if I'm gonna be here next year. I don't think Mark Andrews wanted to give that response because as far as.
Speaker 1: Dropping the ball, like I.
Speaker 2: We could have given him a number of please like I said. He could have said, it wasn't all my fault. You know, we shouldn't have been in that position, type one diabetes. He could have said, you know, obviously nobody wants to drop the ball in that position, but you know, things happen, like blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: There's a number of things he could have said.
Speaker 2: He could have He could have you know, went full of scorched earth, like, yeah, that was totally on me. You know I should have did that. They paid me a lot of money to make those catches. Blah blah blah. There's a number of different talking points and talking tracks he could have taken. But choosing to say nothing just makes your silence even louder. And with this uncertainty in the off season, that's not what you needed, especially after you were hurt last year and you know you kind of had to rehab your way back and you still weren't right, and you still kind of had to rehab your way back through camp.
Speaker 1: It like, you don't want another off season like that.
Speaker 2: Just address the elephant in the room so that we can move on, so that fans can move on. But now you just left things uncertain, and they's gonna be uncertain like this all the way until August and September. Like, not only are fans not gonna forgive you for dropping it, but now they're gonna not forgive you for not looking them in the eye and telling.
Speaker 1: Them what the fuck happened. Technically, he was so depressed about it, it's sad. And also, like the Bills, he could have just gone up there eighty thousand dollars like Bills, fans give him, like eighty thousand dollars. That charity troll is crazy, but that's beautiful though, Like is it? It is? But it's like if you're gonna whoop my bills, the Bills have actually pioneered the fucking charity trolling, which is crazy whooping your ass and then giving you money for a foundation that everybody cares about. Like, I mean, show up to the mafia. No whoa, whoa whoa what Bill's mafia? Obviously you want to get black sided, bro, you want to just walk outside and get paperbaged. All right?
Speaker 2: Um, the twenty twenty seven College Football Playoff National Championship will be healthy, will be touchdown turn over.
Speaker 1: It's a fucking touchdown and I will be there. Mark my fucking words, I'm so serious. You're not depriving me of that one. You don't want to give it to me because in Texas, hey, I can catch a fucking gray hand, I can catch a mega buster Vegas, I don't even need a room. I mean, I'll get one obviously, because I'll be in Vegas for a week. But like, I'm gonna go the other way with this, I'm gonna down. I'm gonna say it's a turnover. They keep having pro sec states.
Speaker 2: Bro, I'm gonna say it's a turnover.
Speaker 1: Georgia playing a fucking home game.
Speaker 2: I love Vegas, don't get me wrong. I love Vegas. But I'm gonna say it's a turnover because one your plays, not because one, yeah, sure, I didn't even think about that, but that's a good point. One the pickums aren't even legal in Vegas, so yeah, you can't. You can't do any Project picks Underdog, none of that ship out there. So that sucks, but that's kind of a tangent.
Speaker 1: That's why they're doing it. What I don't like about this movie is two things.
Speaker 2: One, the Raiders stadium is small, in comparison to where they have these games. Usually usually you're looking at a place of over you know, one hundred thousand, eighty thousand, something like that.
Speaker 1: The Raider Sam's only fifty, So that's gonna check out.
Speaker 2: The prices twice as much because these games always sell out. So that means all prices for everything is gonna go twice as much, which means all the people that are going are just gonna They're not gonna be you know, mom and Dad, who you know been season ticket holders and have been fans for twenty years. They're gonna be corporations and executives flying from all over the country because yeah, Vegas is easy to catch a flight to. Going there and spending money and everything in that city is going to be ridiculous that weekend, even worse than Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: And because I mean for.
Speaker 2: Some of these places, some of these teams, these Georgia fans, these Alabama fans, they don't have anything else going on in their life, so going and spending ten thousand dollars on the Super Bowl if their team is there, is like no I mean, on a on a championship game, that's nothing for them, because that for them is priceless versus like a Super.
Speaker 1: Bowl is like, eh, yeah, maybe I'm a wife on egos fan.
Speaker 2: I might go, but I might really just stay and watch it with my friends and at a local bar.
Speaker 1: College kids and also college not getting you're not getting nowhere like the allotment for some of these ball games. But my thing is, I.
Speaker 2: Don't have really and and you really want to start the new year off with two hundred college kids in a place where prostitution, weed drinking in public is legal.
Speaker 1: Yes, because the're gonna be extra security, I mean, but that and traffic is gonna be a nightmare. Finally catching the bus.
Speaker 2: Last part, and this has been something I've been talking about the past few years. I'll say it again, but this is also the delusion of college football balls.
Speaker 1: As we know it.
Speaker 2: Like the Las Vegas Ball is not traditionally a college football playoff game, nor is it a historical college football bowl like the Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Colton Bowl, Rose Bowl, et cetera. So now you're pretty much making it to where the national title game can go anywhere, which is good for a place like LA because you could have it at so far. Again, but it's so bad for these you know, essentially regional institutions that rely on these big games to really get a surge of revenue at the end of the year, and that's just not going to have the same sort of pool if one, these players aren't playing in it, and two now it's losing its luster, and three now we're just getting random fucking male sponsors and pop tard sponsoring shit just because you know, these regular traditional brands aren't spending their money on it anymore.
Speaker 1: I would push back a little bit and say they saw the record profits that could be made, and honestly, Vegas should have more stuff like this, Like you don't already feel about college football all Star games, move that ship to Vegas. If it's not the Senior Bowl, it should be in Vegas. Nobody's I'm not going to the Tropic Hanniball. I'm sorry, it's not gonna do it. It comes down to easy access for West Coast journalists, because you gotta remember, if it's anything past Mason Dixon line, a lot of these East Coasters, they're the ones that.
Speaker 2: Already said it, Bro, don't elaborate on it.
Speaker 1: You gotta keep it moving, bro. I'm done, all right, What was it last one.
Speaker 2: Uh, Texas part away with their team president Greg Grison.
Speaker 1: Wasn't he with the Colts? No that you're thinking of Ryan Grigson. That was the text since GM it was. It's interesting because the Texas president and they got rid of them, which will let me know. Okay, we're solidified in our head coach and their coordinators in that situation. So the Texas are really smart.
Speaker 2: Rid of a guy that edited you Joe Mixing and Stefan Diggs in the same season and you still made the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean, what's the finn even come back?
Speaker 2: I mean, still though you he made he rolled the dice, he made the he made the play.
Speaker 1: He was great until he towards a CEO, until he wasn't fucked. My whole season up in Fantasy all my elite receivers got hurt. Did you hear the joke or should I repeat it? You can repeat it, but I was trying to be nice and play past it all right?
Speaker 2: Uh faara fay Marcellswelli versus Ryan Clark. You got like literally two lines on all these like one into two lines.
Speaker 1: Oh this ship is corny, y'all? Are grown men? Fight or let it? Go. But like Michell's why he's making it known. He's just making content out of Ryan Clark, and Ryan Clark's kind of coming off sensitive even if he's right, and it's like, bro, fight and handle this shit off camera. I'm tied to myself. Wiley constantly throwing up Canter. It's like, bro, we get to hear from content. But like you're being kind of corny. You went to Columbia, you should know. Yeah, I'm gonna say, but he's making money off of a beef, so I can't be mad.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say it's a fit for a lot of reasons that you said. I think for me, it's hard to see someone that I really respect and know a lot about and have admired a lot.
Speaker 1: In Marcel's Wiley just kind of being reduced to the guy who just you.
Speaker 2: Know, talks about the people and that are talking about the other people. I understand why he does it. I mean we kind of do it too. He's on his own, he's an independent, so you gotta find ways to make content.
Speaker 1: And then he's got such a big.
Speaker 2: Following that people are asking him about these things that other people are saying.
Speaker 1: So ultimately I just think it's a.
Speaker 2: Fade because One, I feel like Marcellus Wiley's bigger than this. Two Ryan Clark is coming off sensitive because, as Marcelle's Wiley has said repeatedly, like I'm not a tough guy. I grew up around tough guys and they kept me away from them for a reason. Like I know my place, I know who I am. I'm the big corny Smiley, funny dude. Like That's who I've always been and that's why I'm going to keep being so Yeah, overall, I think it's just it's a fade because y'all ain't really gonna get Jake Paul in the line and fight. So what are we really talking about? You know, like you stay in your lane, staying in his lane, and let's just keep it a beam, all right. Don Julio and Popeyes are linking for a sponsorship on January thirty. First, I'm not I don't know why you put this on. This is.
Speaker 1: You know what they're.
Speaker 2: Trying to give Mexicans and Latinos together, Doug.
Speaker 1: They're trying to give black people.
Speaker 2: They trying to get more.
Speaker 1: Don't you miss Nephew's name on this pod. They're about to have a mixer. Hey, don't shut up. I can't say what I want to say right now, but you shut you got to fuck up, Okay, all right. All I'm saying is we stray further and further away from God's love every day, and when this bitch finally gets destroyed, I'm not even gonna feel bad for most of you, because we need we gotta start popping off more CEO. I want to know whose idea this what I'm saying that I say killer, we got to pop them shoe fireworks at them. All I'm saying is whoever's doing this in p R or whatever, we need to make them uncomfortab to be around everybody, because this is bullshit. Popeyes and Don Julio, Homie, who's still drinking Don Julio. A lot of people be drinking, Millennials, especially in nineteen forty. Bro, these gin these little punk ass whatever they're called now, they're not even called gin zers anymore. They can't hand, they can't even handle Don Julio. They die off four locos. They don't even drink exactly. So ended up, this is really aimed at Millennius. This is spitting at us and giving our parents to face. Hear me out. Two things.
Speaker 2: One, I don't think tequila and fried chicken go together like that, but maybe maybe it'll be a fried chicken taco or maybe it'll be like a tequila flavored wing that could be which both of those could be fired because I would try it.
Speaker 1: So I'm with that, But also shouldn't have been a hypnotic or hennessy. Yeah, you're too afraid to bring up incredible Holk was right there. Incredible Holk right there. It's worse than bringing back TikTok only to say like, yeah, we might band it again in ninety.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are selling TikTok phones for like two grand. If someone about my phone or two grand phone, any phone that already has TikTok on it, grandpa for like two grand because you can't download TikTok new. So if you have TikTok on your phone, you can flip your phone for like twice the price right now. But yeah, you got an iPhone fucking seven, So bit is an iPhone.
Speaker 1: It's not phone C it's not literally an iPhone seven.
Speaker 2: No, it's not bitches after the eleven iPhone, it's really eleven and a half. No, iPhone se is an iPhone seven Max.
Speaker 1: You've got the eleven. It's the iPhone seven on Mastard. That's all it is. It's like the remastered version, you know how they drop Now I understood you. I'm just I'm dealing with the trauma of what you just said, Like I'm it's sunk in.
Speaker 2: But hey, if it got TikTok on it, then at least it's you knows instead of one hundred. Just made me feel like shit, brom feel there's some little kid that will buy your ship just as an eyepad touch, just so.
Speaker 1: They have tick talk. Bro. I don't have TikTok on the phone, oversight, but it's on my other phone that's broken.
Speaker 2: Jerry quits Patriot's Safety of Jabrill Peppers of his assault.
Speaker 1: He still caught the cocaine charge, but uh yeah, fair faith. Apparently the fight called when like apparently allegedly Juju Smith Schuster was smashing a girl in question, and that's what caused initial reaction. And yeah, I hate being lied on. I know how it feels, so yeah, i'd be mad too, and I would out or sue for damages. It's just me. But he was quitted.
Speaker 2: But one point we have made on this podcast. How many times y'all got millions of dollars, y'all have traveled around the whole world, and y'all are still staying around the same horrible females.
Speaker 1: That's it. Last one, Robert Saller returned to the forty Diners, Sir, Fade Pete's right, I owe him some hood Burger spot because he kept saying he's gonna go back, and I deep down I knew it too, But I mean, hey, is what it is.
Speaker 2: It's like when Destiny's Child got back together and everyone was like, oh, Beyonce's not going to show up, but then she did show up. The same thing with En Sync, where it was like, uh yeah, Justin is not going to be a part, and he ended up being a part of it.
Speaker 1: It's like some sometimes the winds just blow your.
Speaker 2: Home, and that's just what it is like. You know, I don't know if solid two point is going to be as good as one point, oh, but I knew that was the direction.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: We literally got four minutes, so you literally have to do the one to two minute rat which the segment was intended to be, So speak whatever you gotta speak.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell me to speak because I'm gonna just do it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm telling you that you'nutes a fucking setup.
Speaker 1: He's cutting cutting my time. He's already forty five seconds over all. Right, bottom line, it's been a great week. I guess it hasn't been a bad week. It's just been a week. So I'm thankful and excited. Hopefully you know, figures cross safe travels out to Texas. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a storm. The storm is supposed to have already cleared up, though, at least to the part of Texas. I'm going to, so fingers crossed all that good stuff. Shout out the Clarinet for having my fucking back and taking two hundred and fifty dollars off my trip. Real ones, real friends, and yeah, all y'all can kiss my ass with all this racism news. I just h DJ Academics is a total pedo out here. Just listened to fifteen year old. It was weird, very uncomfortable. It's on live. It's a four k all on x or Twitter whatever. Anyways, we're out. I'm out paced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so uh, I'm sorry to get down the mobile this week wanted to take some time off, but it wasn't able to, so still going to be working, but they try to get as much interviews done as I possibly can. And yeah, man, hopefully my work situation works itself out. And outside of that, man, it's been I have a weird week. I mean any week where you have the Martin Luther King Holiday, with the National Championship, with the inauguration, like, it's just kind of a weird time in the vortex and Trump's already like rewritten seven different things, and eggs are still forty dollars and yeah, shit's getting weird. I don't know what's gonna happen, but people are seeing stuff in the sky and SOCl like, so we're time to be alive. So hopefully this podcast brought you at least a year, I mean at least an hour of some fucking clarity and concise commentary. But yeah, Touchdowns, the Tagent CDs, Underscore, Tangents Touchdowns and Tangents dot Com.
Speaker 1: We're out. Tune in next week, Huge Draft special. We're out. Peace