Speaker 1: It's nice eyes unknell you easy Boston's news radio. Go ahead, hit it, Rob Soredity, Now you know what really grinds my gears?
Speaker 2: People in the nineteenth century, Why don't take that with the freaking program. It's called an automobile, folks. It's much faster than a horse three two one one two three.
Speaker 3: What the heck it's bothering me.
Speaker 1: This is a place of business.
Speaker 4: I told you now to come in here, Soriadity.
Speaker 1: Now my years they grind might stay And I'm like, yeah, that's the question for this twentieth hour. This is an opportunity for to get it off your chest. What grinds your gears? What event? And you can we can span the spectrum here, okay, we can span the world as they used to do on Wide World of Sports. I have several things that grind my gears, okay, and I would prefer to hear yours. Okay. You know that I'm not a big bike layme guy, okay, And that's for me. Something that just grinds my gears when I watch people, and no matter where you're driving, whether you're driving in the in the city and the suburbs in a more rural area. Someone's out there on that bike and let me tell you, they're the king and the Queen of the road and if you make the mistake, you make the mistake of getting too close to them. So yeah, for me, that's always that. I have some other issues that bother me. Okay, but that's what we're gonna do tonight. We need to sit back and what I need people to do is get it off your chest. Okay. A week from tonight, which will be the final Friday night of August, we will do for the sixth month in a row. And it's going to be really interesting next Friday night. Not that what grinds your gears is not going to be interesting tonight, a week from tonight, at this hour, in the twentieth hour of the weekend. For those of you who aren't familiar with my program, we do twenty hours a week. Some people think that's a part time job. It's more than a full time job, trust me, Okay, money do Friday eight to midnight. This is our number twenty. That's why we call it the twentieth hour. And we try we try to come up with a different topic which can allow us to kind of get into the weekend and we can put you know, all of the politics aside. Democrat, Republican, Trump, Harris Biden just kind of let that go, and so tonight it's an opportunity. What is it in your everyday life? Or maybe I don't know, maybe I'm not trying to tell you to what grinds your gears? What just kind of ticks you off? So that's what we're going to talk about. The lines will be open right now. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. What grinds your gears? It's as simple as that. And it can be a huge issue or it can be a minor issue, but mostly it's something that you have to see often. I mean the fact that someone cuts you off today on Route nine or Root one that's a one and done. That's a one and done. One of the things that in terms of motor vehicle traffic that grinds my gears. And I'd love to hear from some of you in this one if you agree with me, is you're you're sitting in the left hand lane and you're going sixty five miles an hour, okay, and all of a sudden someone comes up behind you with a truck. There's someone in front of you who's going sixty five miles an hour. There's someone in in front of them, maybe going sixty five miles an hour, maybe going sixty seven miles an hour, but this truck wants to go eighty five miles an hour. And they either don't want to pass you on the right or they just want to ride your bumper, so you get over. I used to really get upset about that. I'm not as upset about it anymore. What I'd like to do, particularly if there's somebody, I mean, if there's nobody in front of me, I'll gladly get over. You want to blow by me, great, I hope you meet mister state police officer. But if there's someone like just you know, a little bit in front of me, I pull over it because then the knucklehead behind me has to deal with the person who was in front of me. And I've watched these guys and they they are intent. Even if they have the opportunity to go into the middle lane and you know, blow by people, they want to be able to force you over. That's for them, that is the challenge, And of course that's very dangerous because if they're riding on your tail, literally on your and there are a lot of people who were unaware of it. Ah, if they happen to need to hit the brakes quickly. I mean, you know, a small animal runs out of the woods. We're talking about being when you're on on one twenty Master Turnpike or whatever major roadway in your area. So that's the topic of the night. What grinds your gears? And there have been there have been things that that that have bothered a variety of people, and we normally get some pretty interesting reactions here. So let us start it off with I hope Bill in Pennsylvania's calling and what's grinding gears? Bill in Pennsylvania, welcome back? How are you sir?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 6: How you doing?
Speaker 7: Dan?
Speaker 1: Haven't you great? Normally you call on politics. What grinds your gears?
Speaker 6: Well, grinds my gears? I I think as uh when I when I'm making phone calls, like I'm calling especially the.
Speaker 8: A uh.
Speaker 6: Vehicle the vehicle people, okay, yeah, or insurance companies, much doctor's office, but like, uh, the way the way the phone system works down now, it used to be get a live person and you could get your questions.
Speaker 1: You know what grind someone, they must Bill. You call back and we'll get you back on. Okay, we did not touch you off, Bill. Maybe that maybe those people got you up. If you call back and we will get you on Bill, that's for sure. The only line that is open right now is six one, seven thirty. So with a little bit of a false start between the this Bill coming back. Okay, if he's ready, let's put him right back on. Okay, Bill, I have no idea what happened there, Go right ahead. We lost him.
Speaker 6: That that was something in the sky. Dan, Hey, yeah, but no, it's it's like the phones.
Speaker 9: It used to be able to.
Speaker 6: You know, you'd call any organization or even the government offices or whatever. Now they put you you got to listen to this crazy new US, all right, And then and then they keep and then every now and then they'll say, well, if you want us to call you back, leave your number. And then you know, two days later, I think, damn, what didn't they call me back? And then you know, and well what I love.
Speaker 1: Too is that they'll they'll they'll come on and they'll they'll tell you what whatever you know, they want to tell you they'll pitch you or whatever to you know, thank you very much for calling. Please listen to our responses because it has recently changed. If you if you want to talk to the sales department, press one. If you if you want to talk to the transportation whatever. So they go through about seven of these and one of you saying, well, none of them really apply to what I want. So you kind of guessing, and then they put you on a thank you for calling. We value your business. Please stay on the line and you listen.
Speaker 6: You can spend you can spend hours on there, Dan and never never talk to a life.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you a trick, okay, which I have learned, and this is this is the best trick. And I am not I want to say right up front, I am not in senaphobic. I like people from anywhere in the world, but when I call with a problem, I would prefer to talk with an American. Okay, it's because I don't speak a second language. Okay.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: And what you can do when you get someone and you're calling whomever you're calling, you're calling, Yeah, I don't know that they're even travel agents exist anymore. If you say, but but you call, may I speak, May I speak with an on shore representative?
Speaker 6: Oh, okay, on shore representative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, do you remember the Saturday Night Live gag which is probably politically incorrect. Back in the old days, it was like there was one woman in India. She was dressed fully, you know, in traditional Indian garb, and you know she, you know, say, okay, pizza, the pizza is on the way, to be there in fifteen minutes. Then should hang up? The phone would hang up, and they say, yes, we can, we can book you for an oil change on Monday at three, okay. And it was if she was the only person that was answering the phone anywhere. Uh, you know, then everyone's wanted there throwing yes, the escort should arrive no later than seven o'clock.
Speaker 6: And then it's it's it's what I think I was just thinking about this today. It's it's systematic complacency. Okay, you get, you get. I mean, it seems like no matter where you go, people are just complacent about doing their job.
Speaker 1: No, you know what it is in my opinion, and I stand up and if people agree, feel free. You have these venture capital companies, okay, who basically decide to go in and they'll there's a whole bunch of well known companies. They'll they'll rip a company apart. And what they do is they try to consolidate. So instead of each company having somebody answering their phones when you call that company, you're dealing with some sort of a telephone center in Wyoming. You know, for example, if you try to call I don't know, do you do you get a daily newspaper at your home or no?
Speaker 6: No, no, I know I don't get any newspaper anymore. Dan, I skip around, Uh you know here and there on the on the TV and uh, okay, well if you.
Speaker 1: If you if you actually now subscribe to a newspaper, uh, and your newspaper is not delivered that morning. It used to be here in Boston. That that that you that the Boston Globe had their customer service people in Watertown, Massachusetts, which is a suburb of Boston, and you could explain to them, gee, I live on this street and uh and I didn't get you know, I'm close to this road or whatever. I didn't get my newspaper. Now you're going to deal with someone in the Philippines, and all they're doing is they're taking your information they're putting into a computer. And of course instead of paying somebody in Watertown, Massachusetts, fifteen or sixteen dollars an hour, they're paying someone in the Philippines substantially.
Speaker 5: That well, that was, that was.
Speaker 6: That was one of my first jobs. I remember, I said, in maybe uh sixth seventh grade and got the morning morning paper out. I think I had like fifty two papers to deliver. And I was telling somebody the other day, I said, well, we go collect the money, you know, we go to each house and we collect the money. And then I said, me and another paper boy, we'd put our tips together and go to the Golden Arches. And I said, and I said, we can get seven hamburgers for a buck.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So one week one guy would eat four and the other guy would eat three. Next next time, I was swipping swift.
Speaker 1: Flipping around. All right, man, I hate to do this to your bill. I'm glad you called back, but I got going to keep rolling. Continue to call God bless you. YouTube coming right back nightside only line, Well, mine just failed. What grinds your gears? That's all we need to do. That's it. We're got full lines right now on a happy camp. We'll be back on night Side as we head toward Saturday morning. Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World, Night six Studios on w b Z News Radio. All right, we're rolling, now, we've all we're all set. Let's go to Robert and Stoughton. Robert next on Nightside. What grind your gears?
Speaker 7: Robert, Well, Dan, it's well, we talk about the traffic. You know, people with that patient when they're gonna get the next light, you know, they cross you over and then they stuff by the next time. But the real thing that really that I think we've been talking about it the country. We need to come to the point that we all Americans the divide and we can't have people that a billionaire gave me the system, like Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Right away. You want you want to unite us, but I know that you don't like Donald real quickly. But this is this is what grinds your gears. But I want to ask your question, Robert, here's a question.
Speaker 10: One more thing you can't.
Speaker 1: I want you to answer my question, which is this, what are you gonna do if Donald Trump is elected president?
Speaker 11: But he wont me elected?
Speaker 1: That that solls it? Robert I'm with you, Okay, Yeah, now that's not gonna happen. So therefore everything's gonna be happy, right, We're gonna be in change.
Speaker 7: The didn't listen to me.
Speaker 10: Then when that guy said there's a black job, the la Latino job, Donald Trump don't want to be president. You even say yourself, a guy who wants to be president, you want to be president all the people. But when you call him this is a black job, Latino job, you know, and you know this kind of thing. That's what I'm saying, that like grind the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is I think what he was. I think and again the last thing I want to do in the twentieth hour. But I will say to you, I think when he was trying to say, if you take it in context, he was saying that when people were coming across the border, they were not taking jobs as corporate CEOs or CFOs, They weren't in what they call the C suite. They were taking jobs of people who were working blue collar jobs. Well, he was.
Speaker 7: Trying to make him up, but that's not that's not Donald doer.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it's good to know that he won't be elected. Robert and I still would love to know if somehow he's elected, are you gonna, you know, fall in line and say we all got to be together? Now I somehow think you won't.
Speaker 7: Well, he can't do it, then, don't you understand himself?
Speaker 1: Okay, Robert, thank you very much for your keen political insight. I do appreciate it at whatever you call. Thank you so much. Let's go to Glenn and Brighton. This is one of Glenn's favorite topics. Glenn I thought about you today and he said, we'll do this one for Glenn.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, buddy, Well it's not one of my favorite tups. That is my favorite tup.
Speaker 1: Okay, clarification, well.
Speaker 5: I hate to how do I do this for that last go is why I'm calling the people who hate Trump. They won't answer any question if you say I do this all the time, like what if he wins? Oh you won't win. I'm like, no, no, just work with me for a second.
Speaker 1: Indulge indulge me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they won't do it. I mean I hate the unmitigated hatred. I mean, I know this hatred on both sides, but my god, Well and then.
Speaker 1: So that's what grinds you. That's what grinds your gears tonight.
Speaker 5: Well that I've actually got a thing that has to do with me as a blind person that grinds.
Speaker 1: My gears ahead, let's hear it. Let's hear it.
Speaker 5: And women do this more than man. Like when I get in the car, they won't ask me do you want your bag in front of you? Or they grab my bag and put it in the back seat. Now I have like my tie and all I have my seat, my inhalers, my cobD. I mean, I might need something in that bag, but they don't, you know, they they mean well, But and also when I'm walking, they'll grab my key, the end of my cane. They'll try to guide me by my cane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I understand that people have to People are doing it. They think that they're doing the right thing. But we've talked about this before that if you want to try to help someone, if you see someone and I'm not blind, so if I'm wrong, you tell me the best way to do it is to approach the person and quietly say to them, can I be of any help?
Speaker 5: And that's right, you know.
Speaker 1: And if if the person, let's say, finds themselves at a street corner, and there's a mailbox and and and a street lamp, and they're trying to figure out which way forward, and but they're they're their cane is you know, they put themselves in a little bit of a box. The person might say, yeah, I'd appreciate it. Uh, And then you could do you mind if I take your on, let me let me get you past this. It's it's something we all should remember planning, insist so.
Speaker 5: And then sometimes I'm at the mailbox still try to grab my mail out of my hand, and I'm like no, no, no, no, you know, I'm like, no, I just show me. I mean, I just I'm looking for the thing to put it in. Yep. Because they changed them. He used to be able to open them. Now I call them loto a mailboxes.
Speaker 1: Well, the reason of that is that the people used to take What was happening was they were taking the two liter plastic empty uh you know, ginger ale or or coke or Pepsi bottles, putting Elmer's glue on them, uh, and then basically going fishing in the mailbox. And they dropped that in and they'd pull out some letters and if they found letters which had checks, that would.
Speaker 5: That would reason.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 5: Actually the reason that is exactly the reason.
Speaker 1: And what happened is they've come up with these chemicals where they can wash your check. So let's say, for example, Glenn wrote a check to his you know, to his electric company for one hundred and ten dollars and twenty cents. They can actually go in h and with this chemical they can eradicate how much money, you know, you wrote out one hundred, ten dollars and twenty cents, and then they go into the box where it says how much you wrote, you know, how much you're going to pay, and then they can put in you know, and they would eliminate that you were sending it to the national grid or to ever source or whatever. So they would put their own name on there. They put their own name on John Smith, and it would be you know, five twenty dollars. That's that's what's called check washing. And the government was forced to get rid of those what I would call them pulled down mailbox is the big ones with the handle, and now they have these slots. It's it's like trying to get a credit card in some of the credit card machines at the grocery store. You're trying to find where it is. And if you're blind, it's you're trying to feel it with your hand. And even when you're a sighted person, Glenn, it's tough to do. Glenn, I gotta keep.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you told me that, because everybody tells me. And had to do with Trump and Lewis to Joy and again the Trump haters, you.
Speaker 1: Know, no, that's exactly they used to take. They were taking they figured at first though, there was some that they've been sticking mailbox uh mail people, mail carriers, sticking them up and taking the key which which opens the bottom of the mailbox. But but as opposed to you know, having to get facing an armed robbery charge, they would go around at two o'clock in the morning. They would coat these these big you know, the two leader bottles of of whatever and their coded with Elmer's glue. Uh, drop it in the mailbox, shake it around a little bit, and then come out and they would go fishing.
Speaker 5: That's oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so if they got if they got letters that had you know, we're just like a birthday card without any checks or or you know, a letter from someone. They just throw that away. They didn't care about that. They just wanted you know, if they pulled twenty twenty letters out and they got five checks, they were they were in business. That's it, trust me.
Speaker 5: Oh god, what a wonderful you got it plan.
Speaker 1: I gotta go man, talk to and have a great weekend. Okay, thank you to one of my favorite callers. We'll be right back on Night's I what grinds your gears? What grinds your gears? We want to know? Give us a call. Rob. You're gonna have to drop Glenn for me. Thanks very much. I don't know why I was unable to one line open six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. We're coming back. We're gonna move a little bit more quickly in the final out, final half hour. We're thing to Saturday morning, folks, hang on, coming back on Nightside. You're on night Side with Dan Ray on w Beazy, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: You know what really grinds Mike is this Lindsay low hand Man, Lindsay Lowhand with all those little outfits jumping around there on stage three two one, one, two three, What the heck it's bothering me?
Speaker 1: What do you?
Speaker 2: What do you want, you know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to? Why you what do you want? Lindsay, tell me what you want? Well, I tell you what you want? You want nothing? You want nothing.
Speaker 1: Moreadity now, soredity now? What is that not to get me a relaxation cassette? When my blood pressure gets too high? Man on the tape tells me to say.
Speaker 2: Sorenday now and that, people, is what grinds my gears?
Speaker 1: Tom, what grinds your gears? That's Mike question for you. Let's go next to Katy and Arlington. Katy, welcome back tonight, said, how.
Speaker 5: Are you hi?
Speaker 7: Dan?
Speaker 12: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Okay, I can hear you? Just perfectly. One of the best phone lines of the night. As a matter of fact, you got a great.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, it's like a thousand dollars phone, and it grinds my gears when things don't work.
Speaker 1: It's work.
Speaker 12: I'm in Arlington, so yeah, I just I wasn't gonna call because I'm cleaning and I had a late dinner and everything. But the top of my list is any abuse of authority, just kind of general.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, when you give me the example, because when you say that's abuse off, but not abuse by You're saying abuse.
Speaker 12: Off right of authority by people in power like police or politicians.
Speaker 1: Oh I got it.
Speaker 12: Okay, fine, because my theory is diget high on power. Did you hear about the ship that just sunk in Italy?
Speaker 1: What an amazing tragic story that was.
Speaker 12: I'm not what, but you know what? Isn't there a how much money do you I'm not blaming anybody, and I'm not God, but how much money do you need?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 12: Daughter?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Well, you know the backstory was apparently the guy but the guy that owned the ship, apparently it was British, and the British Bill Gates. He trial for fraud and he won, and so he had he brought his lawyer and his lawyer's wife and his family. And I've looked at this and and I I'm happy. I'm not happy to tell you. But the ship sank so quickly. There was hardly there were fifteen people who actually got off the ship.
Speaker 12: They don't know that though, I mean the kind of an air in the cabin.
Speaker 9: Sorry no, but.
Speaker 1: The theory now heard. The theory that I heard was that there was this storm came up and it was a sort of a water spout, almost like a little mini tornado. And then someone had left one of the doors open. There was a ship right next to it which did not sink, and someone on that ship, I think it was the first maid, said that they thought they might have seen a door open. So if all of a sudden you had water come in, you know, the ship just went down like a rock. They didn't have a chance.
Speaker 12: Was the only ship of this that was the tallest mast in the world. Really, yeah, but it's not I'm not judging anybody for being this rich, and I don't know she was as rich as bezos, but like, stop being a hypocrite. It's it's hypocritical for them to fly around on jets and these big ships that pollute go wherever they want, and they fly private jets, which if I could have my own private jet today, I would and I'm scared. And that's the fly But that's a whole other issue. Planes are the biggest polluter. And Elon Musk is all about space and all that stuff, but you know what, this Earth is the only earth we have, you know, And it's like, what.
Speaker 1: About John what about John Kerry who said that who probably flies more private than anybody.
Speaker 12: I cannounderstand him. Was he there last night?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no no he was not on the ship.
Speaker 9: No no, no, no Warren.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: I mean as a convention, I don't think so.
Speaker 12: I never saw at the convention. The convention then he and Elizabeth Warren was bad enough because she's a hip crid as well. I mean she's very wealthy.
Speaker 1: Did you see did you see the Blobe story about Elizabeth Warren that that her ancestors owned fourteen slaves.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, the ones with the high cheekbones.
Speaker 1: Right, but yeah, Hey, Katie, love your calls.
Speaker 5: We got to go.
Speaker 1: We will talk soon. You have a great weekend. Where'd you go to dinner tonight? How where'd you go to dinner? Anywhere?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 1: One to give you.
Speaker 12: Bacon Joe's delivery by Uber Eats in a half an hour. It was amazing.
Speaker 1: Is that? Is that a local restaurant in Arlington?
Speaker 12: It's a chain. It's in Waltham, Waltham.
Speaker 1: Good for you, Good for you.
Speaker 12: But Uber Eats I can't say enough. They're a really good company.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 12: I'm a delivery vibe, not for fat X, not for Uber Okay, have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Thanks, talk soon. Let me go to Linda in Quincy. Linda, what grinds your gears?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 8: How you doing?
Speaker 1: I think I'm doing fine. We're getting to it.
Speaker 4: Right right.
Speaker 8: Let's see for me. Well, there's a few things, but I'm going to mention the fact that how about I don't know if this ever happens to you, but when you buy something like clothing, you walking on TJ Max, you get a little you need a little six pack of like socks for the summer, like a little champion, a little small sock.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, sure, the ankle I call them anklet socks, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: Something like that. Or it could be for a girl. It could be a hat in the winter, one of those little wool caps or something. You get it home and there's probably three plastic things holding it, holding the tag on, and it's just this, there's all these places to try to cut to get get it without ripping the sock, without cutting the sock. And I stand and I go, what is this thing? Like ten thousand dollars You've got to It's like you think it was a leather jacket. Remember the days i'd chain them to.
Speaker 6: The oh yeah, yeah, the thing and you try and try it on, you're dragon and you can't see yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What about when you when you buy something and they forget to take the alarm, uh and you're walking out the door and office, what's going on here? Yeah, and all of embarrassed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've experienced that ages. But this business where I'm whenever I'm like I said, when I'm getting something and I'm trying to get the scissors and you don't want to cut it. If if you don't cut it right, you're gonna cut the whole thing open, and you're going to ruin the thing you have. So I don't think they need that many Why is on something that was five bucks or six bucks or any anything? Really fact that I ever heard that.
Speaker 1: Mentioned before, But I had that feeling sometimes when all of a sudden you have to You're trying to say, well, how do I cut this thing off here? Either cutting my finger off or slicing slicing the item in two?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone has ever brought that up, But that is a legitimate grind your gears.
Speaker 8: It is, And I agree with the man about the representatives, I call them low talkers or foreign I just can't make it out, and they'll be saying something. I'll keep saying, excuse me. I just keep excuse me. Yeah, to hear what they ask.
Speaker 1: For in the future. If you if you say it's like the magic word, I would like to speak with an Onshore representative.
Speaker 3: Oh really, yes, yes, I've done.
Speaker 1: That several times. And you know the person who answers the phone. First of all, it's an open phone line. You know that it's not in the US, and the person hello, and you know right away that this is somebody from with a different country, different dialect. I'm nothing against them. I can't speak their language. Maybe they they're trying their best, but it's like I don't want to spend a half an hour or trying to spell words. I just say, may I speak with an Onshore representative. And I've had great success with that tactic.
Speaker 8: I'll try that with that. But it also happens even if you're talking about doctor's office. Sometimes and the person just starts talking real low and you can't I can't make out, and they keep doing it.
Speaker 1: So what they do is a lot of times they're on headsets. So I'm on a headset right now.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, but so you could.
Speaker 1: Hear me perfectly. But if I move the I'm unlike one of those headsets that you see on the football sideline of a game. But if I move the headset, all of a sudd I'm gonna move the headset real quickly. Now, now you don't hear me nearly start. So what happens is they've been doing it and they move it, and you know, and they say I can't hear you.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, and then I'm always like, excuse me, excuse me, excuse you.
Speaker 1: Got it. You gotta live the good two good ones. Thank you so much. Thank you a great weekend. Okay, yes you too, talk to you soon. We will be right back going the night Side. We have only one line open six one seven ninety three one ten thirty. No, it's two. It's six one seven two five four to ten thirty. My mistake rata in Latin, which means era six one seven two five four ten thirty. That's the only line that's opened back on night Side right after this. Now back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World Nightside, studios. I'm WBZ News Radio. We have pack lines every one, so I'm going to try to get everyone in. Please stay with me and try to be as quick as you can. Joe and Lynn, Joe, what grinds your gears?
Speaker 13: Oh boy, You're gonna be shocked. But I want to say I'm Glenn's official log clear and I know what he goes through. We talk about it. He's got to be a little more aggressive. But okay, here's it's going to shock you. And I try that offshore thing. Sometimes it works on shore, sometime it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 13: One of the things that grinds my gears, I'm that thing is to be mean. Is getting help with a personal problem. And you know what it is, it's a restaurant. I called lawyers, and I've called all around and I'm getting nowhere. No one knows who can take this kind of a case. It's very simple. I just wish that you and some of the other people. You know, it seems like to be a little more sympathetic because I can't keep going to Peabody or Danvers. Like Glenn says to me, you know, I'm right near a restaurant, but you're he he can go to his but you know he comes.
Speaker 1: Joe, Here's what I'll do. Okay, if there's any lawyer who wants to take on a disability law case and they want to call me next week, uh, they can call me at WBZ and I will pass on their number to you. I've asked you. I suggested to you that you call the Massachusetts Boss, which normally is very good in terms of finding lawyers who will take a case based upon the geography.
Speaker 13: But again, they put me on hold for two hours.
Speaker 1: Well I can't believe that. I believe that what you told me. But that seems to me to be ridiculous. And I think you should call them back. And you just say, look, please don't put me on hold.
Speaker 13: I'm getting a recording, Dan, no more human beings like you were talking about earlier. The recording says call back later, wait for call back. I hate these recordings. They should get rid of them.
Speaker 1: Joe as upset to you. You have time in your hands, okay, time to take your case. Okay. I do not take cases of callers to Night's side. But if there is a lawyer out there who wants to deal with a disability law case, out of Lynn in the in the North Shore area. Call me during the week next week and we will try to see if we can get that person in touch with you. Fair enough.
Speaker 13: I wanted to thank you. I wanted to say, but Glenn should just tell them let me take your arm because they grab They've done that to me. I say, no, leck o my bag please?
Speaker 1: All right? Fair enough, Joe. I got to keep rolling here because they got pack lines and hopefully we sure who deals with disability law cases. I can explain to them when they call me. If I get them to you, I will, I promise.
Speaker 13: Okay, thank you, by a great night.
Speaker 1: Let's keep rolling here. I try to help as many people as I can, but sometimes it's impossible. John Is and Wayne M. John, what grinds your gears?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 7: First time calling a long time listener?
Speaker 5: Love the whoa?
Speaker 1: It's always amazing, gets you run of appost to the digital studio audience, always amazing. What what gets people to dial the phone? Go ahead? John? What what grinds your gears?
Speaker 7: It's when that doun't say this this phrase? I did it on accident.
Speaker 13: It drives me insane.
Speaker 11: It sounds so unintelligent.
Speaker 1: As opposed to I did it by accident?
Speaker 7: You mean, yes, that one little change making a whole world upworth Dan.
Speaker 1: Preposition can be the most important word in the sentence. Sometimes I have a great night, Dan. Hey, thanks John. I love that call. That was That was one of the best calls of the night. Great first time call. Come on back soon. Okay, thank you very much. Robert is in Maryland, Robert, what grinds your gears? Robert?
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, ten seconds, thanks for talking about I want to speak to norn Shore Rep. Maybe the way to handle. But now, what grinds my gears? There are a lot of sniper pundits on talk radio who come up with the broad spectrum of unsubstantiated allegations that grinds my gears.
Speaker 1: I hope I'm not in that category what I said. I hope I'm not in that category.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 9: No, you're the best.
Speaker 4: And you know I went to Penn and Annon Bird school is great. I'm engineering and you you is excellent too.
Speaker 1: Well. Thank you, that's great. Well, thank you very much for those kind words. Uh and thanks for listening down in Maryland.
Speaker 9: Yes, I try to get you. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. Have you tried to get the iHeart app.
Speaker 9: Uh no, if I put down on my smartphones or computer, yeah, I should be able to get you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean, obviously we have a powerful signal. But on some nights you're going to get us. Some nights you're not. We you know, we we blow into places like Michigan and Illinois and Virginia and Maryland. But if you also, if you if you have trouble reaching us, just go to the iHeart radio app. It's yeah free download and you can listen to night Side anytime during the day. Can listen to newscasts in the morning or the talk show at night.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, just before I came, I was in my car parking, so I get ten thirty on my car radio in Annapolis. Now I went up, but I'm on my smartphone.
Speaker 4: Nail, thank you very much.
Speaker 9: And I'll get to your goodies sometime to order a T shirt.
Speaker 1: That would be great. That would be nights gear. We had some people who owe the teachers, so they're going to Slovakia. I don't know if they're listening tonight, but I want them to send us a picture. We'll post it on a night Side page.
Speaker 6: Okay, Thanks Robert, and thanks do you want to be you law school law?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: That's right, that's true.
Speaker 1: Thank you Robert. We'll talk again. Thank you much. Have a great one, Laurie and Idaho one of my favorite callers on Friday night or anytime. Laurie, what grinds your gears?
Speaker 3: Well, it would have been different last month, but tonight.
Speaker 6: It's yellow jackets.
Speaker 3: Oh no, this is the first time this week I haven't been stung by those little I have a pest a guy who does extermination who has a whole chart of like the black and yellow things, and it's a humbling bee and the bumble bee, and this that and the other be and then the.
Speaker 1: I'm not freaked out by many things, but snakes and yellow jackets.
Speaker 3: Really freaking Oh well, and so this guy's charts. They're a holes with wings and they this is the first day I've not been stung this week, and I don't have a ton of them around.
Speaker 12: Man, they land and they sting.
Speaker 3: They don't even think twice.
Speaker 1: Now some of the I don't know if this is the old wives tale, but sometimes they say once these bees are yellow jackets sting you? That's that means they're gonna die? Is that true?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, no.
Speaker 3: The yellow jackets are count from the like the Baldfley's hornet. They don't have barbs in their stingers, so they don't die. They can sting whenever they want.
Speaker 9: Wow, that's not fair that I'm super evil.
Speaker 1: All right? I got you down for yellow jackets, Laurie. I got two more. I gotta get to. I agree with you last night with your text that you sent me. I totally agree with what you were saying. I had the same sort of visceral reaction if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Okay, I do, thank thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend at it Idaho. Let me go real quickly. Gotta get Jeff and Brockton and maybe building off. Go ahead, Jeff, Hey, Dan Ohio. Gotta be quick for me, buddy. What grinds your gears?
Speaker 11: I got, I got a prete quick thing. Idiots leave their blinkers on yep. Left lane, so the right lane, in the free lane, highway, right lane and speed limit, middle lane and speeding left lane. Criminal speeding if you're if you're doing the speed limit and you're in the left lane, get out of the left lane.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, you got it, Thank you, dagger Jeff. That's one more. What do we got for real time?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: Rob? About a minute forty five? Bill and Arber got twenty seconds for you. Bill, go ahead, you got the phone, You got the the microphone. Go ahead, Bill. Oh yeah, Bill, go ahead. We got fifteen seconds.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, am I on, Yes, sir, you.
Speaker 1: Got ten seconds, go ahead, Bill, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 4: What what rinds Mike is.
Speaker 12: Is that when people say that I can't do anything because I'm just.
Speaker 1: I have a di but I really can. You bet you can? You bet you can. Thank you. Bill, call earlier. We'll talk about it at a longer, longer on the time next week. Okay, thanks Bill. All right, we're done for the night. Rob Burkes, great job, Maria, great job. We're done for the week. It is the weekend is here. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Charlie Rays, who passed fourteen years ago in February, that's where all your pets are who passed. They loved you. When you love them, I do believe you'll see them again see again on Monday night. Everyone coming up on night side postgame On Nightside with Dan Ray on Facebook,