Speaker 1: Ah Yes, it's the Ben and Scan Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Now, as you know, we got big doings coming up in May because BFD is back, Baby. It is at the Dosaki's Pavilion with Marilyn Manson and Chavelle. It's going to be a great show. We're going to be in the building and we want to give away some tickets right now. So why don't we use that iHeart app. It's got the talkback feature. Click that button and the first person to leave a message with your name, your phone number, and your email address. And what specifically does a phone have to have on it to have this incredible value that Ben was just talking about in the first segment.
Speaker 2: If you were listening, you know you should be listening. This is how you win. We just talked about it.
Speaker 1: A phone, if it has a specific thing on it will have a big, jacked up value. Ben red one that was online for fifty grand?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Put it on the talkback and you will win those BFD tickets. Our old buddy Dean Blandino has some pretty crazy audio that we need to listen to from the world of sports. Do not miss this coming up in thirty minutes. It's mind blown. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: News.
Speaker 2: Hot god, if you stay on top in the shovel.
Speaker 1: About an hour, I'll tell you what you need to know about the weather. A little rainy and wet out there, guys, good wet day. It has a tease to an hour. First story in the Hollywood Shuffle is Christina's nominated for the Dallas Entertainment Awards, Christina ray Tonight.
Speaker 2: It's a big night, red carpet.
Speaker 1: I imagine, huge table, lots of interviews.
Speaker 2: Are you prepared for your meeting? The press? Say red carpet to her?
Speaker 4: Is there gonna be a red carpet?
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a blue carpet right for Dallas because it's an older I don't know it's a blue carpet meeting. You have no idea, but you're going. I am going. Uh so, Yeah, the rain sucks. That might kind of ruin it a little bit, but I'll get inside pretty quick.
Speaker 4: Got a fast pass, okay, straight front black nightro going with you. He is, and so is my mom.
Speaker 2: My Mom's going to join us.
Speaker 1: Fat is uh Mike Troy gonna wear his Dallas Observer Award shirt just to remind everyone he's raining the fw hos of the year.
Speaker 2: Wear it to an award show a perfect place to wear it.
Speaker 4: He should. I don't know what he's planning on wearing.
Speaker 3: But it's also free, so if someone doesn't want to go just to hang out, it's free.
Speaker 4: Just show outs.
Speaker 1: Like the Alexis Dealership. I go there sometimes just to hang out. I'm gonna show up in uniform. Oh what's your uniform? That's got I got a few ones easy Halloween time and broke into my Mario siting a long time. Oh dude, please wear your Marios. Steal the show Entertainment Dallas Entertainment Awards.
Speaker 2: I hope you win. Okay.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about good luck, thank you. I was thinking about there's a lot of stuff that's coming up.
Speaker 2: Sunday night.
Speaker 1: Is the Grammys. Okay, that's Music Awards. It's not for Grammar. We have the Academy Awards coming up. I actually was in the airport on Thursday or Friday of last week, and I heard you guys talking about some of those movies. As the ten movies were released and we haven't seen many of those are the super Bowl, the Daytona five hundred. I mean, there's a lot of stuff happening in February. I was like, why don't we get a little action on it, because you need to care, You have to force yourself to care about things. So if we started, maybe did a little wager, and maybe you get a point for if you if you do the best in the Grammys, and then we'll maybe you pick the total points of the super Bowl, pick who you think will finish worst in the dayton of five hundred, and then you know, maybe who's maybe we have a little I'll print it out a ballot for the Academy Awards. And at the end, by the time we get to March, someone's got to watch the entire season of Catching Up with Kelsey and Review on the live show.
Speaker 2: Wow Wow.
Speaker 1: So this is like you're basically creating a whole show February Olympics to overshadow Black History Month.
Speaker 2: Okay, now that I had not thought about.
Speaker 1: It, just because it's not a priority to you personally with your beliefs, I don't think it would overshadow Black History. You think is more important than Black History Month. The way you're presenting it, I thought, we're trying to understand you, Kevin. It's a nice try to reverse it. We're trying to understand your values. Now, you just got your shot blocked, and then you got the rebound. Immediately tried to shoot again and he blocked your show. You shot it directly into the underneath of my shoe. Now see, I'm uh not a big believer in Black History Month. I think all twelve months should be. Good job, Kevin.
Speaker 4: How many episodes of that Kelsey show are there?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: We know? It's one season, right, just.
Speaker 4: So that we know what we're up again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm in twenty sixteen. Series did not get great ratings. But I think Travis is a rookie that year, or is maybe his second year?
Speaker 2: So wait, what is it? Is it like it's a reality show on the yeah or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a Kardashian show with him, but you'd have to watch it once a week. You'd have to do a live stream oh while watching it.
Speaker 2: Got to be a playoffs.
Speaker 1: You gotta come up here early, lock yourself at a production studio, and cut a one hour podcast on the episode an hour.
Speaker 2: We'll post it on the iHeart app.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, so you watched the whole show, fly through it, then do a one hour podcast on the whole season.
Speaker 2: It's only eight episodes. Are they thirty minutes? I would guess they're an hour? God know what?
Speaker 1: Right, So maybe doesn't it sound painful?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the point. We do a thirty minute podcast on.
Speaker 2: A thirty minute podcasts.
Speaker 1: Again, okay, by yourself, by yourself, no production value notion.
Speaker 2: I thinkn't have Steve make a twenty nine minute intro.
Speaker 1: I think you have to do a forty three minute show so that if one day they sell it to television, do you have enough room for.
Speaker 2: Spots in there?
Speaker 1: Put it on there just to be safe. Yeah, I mean it would be an eight episode series. Everyone would be looking forward to what. I can't wait to see what they're going to talk about as their review. Episode two of a show that aired nine years ago, and it's a reality show and I bet it's terrible. Kind of reminds me of just a more elongated version of when Ben reviewed that Rihanna record a decade after it came out.
Speaker 2: No one else had the balls.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very strange.
Speaker 1: It was a great review, though we made Christina watch a couple episodes of alf.
Speaker 4: Oh god like the worst ones that terrible? It was terrible.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't want a Christmas special that was?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: Yes, I think it was like an hour and a half long.
Speaker 2: We gave you a good one though, where he does stand up comedy.
Speaker 4: I wasn't good.
Speaker 2: What's the deal with potato chips?
Speaker 1: I'm in on this just because it sounds like a lot of work for you to prepare everything that we got to do for all these shows. Do it anyways without you. I'll do it on my own, into my head. I mean, where do we get this Kelsey thing? Isn't something like on Apple?
Speaker 2: I don't know. We might not even be able to do the payoff.
Speaker 1: I mean I'll find it, you know, you always find out where it's at. I'm in. Everyone's in, all right, So y'all, y'all like it being a four parter. So we'll we'll do ah, I'll conjure up a bit of a grammy bet and we will Well, I'll just print out a ballot, yeah, and we'll just see how we do and we'll grade that out on Monday.
Speaker 2: And that'll be for one point. Okay, Now, if we have a four way tie. We don't have to do it.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's let's try to have a four way time. What do you think for Super Bowl? Let's do whoever's closest combined amount of points? Yes, without without going over?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So so maybe the game is this, Maybe you want to have the least amount of points.
Speaker 4: Are making this stuff?
Speaker 2: I'm struggling with it. I don't know who he's talking to.
Speaker 1: Maybe what if it's the person that wins has the medium amount of points?
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Then now something, well, see if we're gonna do Daytona five hundred into this, and I think we should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you kind of have to.
Speaker 4: We definitely should.
Speaker 2: Got a guy that he does worse. It's gotta do worse.
Speaker 1: That's because you're pulling for the guy to wreck on the first last. Yeah, which that's just bad karmos. So it's puting a really bad spot. And then for the Academy Awards, you know, it gets a little stiff. It gets a little stuffy with those uh those shows.
Speaker 2: You know there's they're just this soup better than everyone. Did you run out of words?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I was like, it makes it fun though, we're gambling on your art.
Speaker 1: Now, now I care about it, Okay, No, I'm I'm I'm in on this.
Speaker 2: I think there's a great idea.
Speaker 1: I mean, they'll kill two hours of broadcast talking about best International Movies score. It is like what It is interesting how the world has changed to the point where there's ten movies nominated and the three of us had heard of like two of them collectively. Right, Well, because they're turning movies into TV shows now, yeah, and that's why we can't remember what happened on Severn's right.
Speaker 2: It's a long time, okay, So we'll get something going. We'll see you on the other side. I had a I have two stories.
Speaker 1: One this actor claims he's never used a cell phone or sent an email? Do you believe him? And who do you think this actor is? Go I I gotta abstain from this because I already heard this, okay, and I do believe it. I also saw this story and I love it. I believe it. Christina, you're on the clock, Dallas Entertainment Awards nominee.
Speaker 4: That's all on the line. Oatmeal pizza up for an ward two?
Speaker 1: By the way, do.
Speaker 2: You believe it been?
Speaker 1: By the way, not that oatmeal Pizzas up for an award. But this actor I do, I do too. He stars in an Apple Plus TV show Max Plus. We were just talking about him the other week. Now that was this week, wouldn't it. He said, I don't have a cell phone. I've never emailed or what do you call it?
Speaker 2: Twittered?
Speaker 4: It's gotta be an old person, right, it is oder it is Gene Hackman.
Speaker 1: Great, good guest. Good guess Christopher walking is the answer. Oh okay, by the way, I think I think Gene Hackman's up for a dea tonight.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Dallas Entertainment War. Yeah. No, it's the it's a she Jeene j e a. Oh okay, okay, get in here, Jane. Yeah, it's not the actor Gene Hackman. That'd be big news. Do you believe it? Uh? I absolutely believe it. I do too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think that guy has anything going on in his head ever. I think he walks around, he reads the cards, he moves away. I don't think I think he decided to get weirder after he was on the boat tonight that Natalie Wood.
Speaker 2: Mysterious had to He kind of had to. He's like, man, I'm just gonna get real weird, so no one ever talks about it.
Speaker 1: Good wedding crashers. And they didn't give him a ton of lines. You'll notice, like we'll bring you in here a little bit. You can't have a lot of.
Speaker 2: You in this movie. Yeah, it's steal it. He's really good. Joe Dirt too, yes, wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again few lines, not much and in severance not that many lines.
Speaker 2: And a gay man.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wonder how that script to Joe Dirt read before they shot it.
Speaker 2: It was Joe's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Last thing, I want to play a little thirst trap for Ben. Our girl Martha Stewart went online. She's just now discovered what AMSR recording is and she's eating some strawberries and I wanted to play this for Ben. I thought Ben would like this. Ready, here we go.
Speaker 5: To see traditious. Why I'm Martha Stewart? What gets me in the nude? How about it? Strawberry fresh picked from the garden, best in the hot sun, honey, golden amber, hmm, makes.
Speaker 1: A mess okay it threading it all over her lips. She's wearing a low cut like a robe. What and you can see her flesh. She's like she has a lot of cleavage food porn. She's she's discovered food porn. And then so she's eating strawberry and she gets the honey and then she's like, it's it's really interesting. Did y'all happen to see that Martha Stewart documentary that was I mean when she was young, small smoke show, Yeah, gorgeous, she was a model. I thought it was pretty good, and I thought it actually I was like, here's a documentary that makes someone a little less likable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, that's interesting. I think it's pretty well known. She's not that likable.
Speaker 1: Now this and this hammer's at home. Yeah, hey man, she's a real bitch, but you know she's rich. Good job, Kevin, Yeah, good job. Yeah, what you search to find that? Now?
Speaker 2: You watch the video. Then in the break, then watch this video while you do a frinkle spot.
Speaker 1: All right, Coming up next, Dean Blandino uh in hot Water in Dallas again over some audio and we'll discuss next