Speaker 1: Good evening and welcome to another edition of The Cage and Night Live. I am your host the Cage and Night Jacob Mook. We're gonna be talking about a couple of things going on in other countries, but primarily this is going to be an American based current event conversation. Let's just start off at the top. And I don't even have an article pulled up for this one. I should have. But honestly, if you're unless you're living under a rock, you have heard the news that there is nothing more to look at when it comes to anything Epstein related. We heard Cash Parttel and Dan Bongino just a couple of weeks ago say that it's confirmed now that he offered himself. Okay. Then Pam Bondy was saying that they had over ten thousand hours of camera footage that she had to go through and files and all these things. Then they come out and say that there is no client list or list of co conspirators or any other guilty party other than Jeffrey himself. I've heard some reports saying that he's not even guilty of any crimes, but somehow he was, I guess for the the trafficking charge possibly, but nothing ridiculously explicit has been said. Then just yesterday, as a matter of fact, Trump and Pam Bondy, members of his cabinet, were giving a little press conference and one of the press a guy can't remember his name, you know, Chattathan looking, white guy just as standard as the come, asked a question about the Epstein files, the list, any of these things. And I watched Trump gaslight this guy and all he was, I mean, oh, listen, are we are we still talking about this? Are we still talking about Epstein? We have we have floods over here, We had this going on, and we're still talking about this. It's dead, It's over, like it's it's whatever. Then Pam Bondi spoke up and she basically confirmed that there was nothing more to look at here. Are we still talking about this guy? You mean, the thing that has been number one on so many people's agendas for years, one of the things that you talked about in your election campaign that got you elected, the thing that you know you even your first term in office, people were talking about this, like are we still talking about Yeah? Yeah, we are very much still talking about it. Hell, only a couple of weeks ago it was discovered quote unquote that there was new video evidence from the prison. And now they're saying that, uh, there's a the the cameras that the prison sells, there's a one minute gap that apparently their system was so outdated and it was such a faulty securities network at a prison known for holding high profile prisoners. But okay, and every night, at a certain time there would be a one minute section where the cameras would just cut off and then kick back on. Now Pam Bondy is looking back at fifteen years worth of videos to show that every night, at a certain time, it would cut out for one minute. She said this as she was also saying that they delete the videos every twenty four hours, or that they used to the prison has been shut down, but that every morning, basically they would delete the previous day's videos. So how is she saying that she's going through the next fifteen years of videos as there's no videos to go through even though there's ten thousand hours of videos. It's ridiculous. So Trump pretty much just gaslit this dude and was like, you know, there's nothing to look at it. We're still talking about this, are we like? Oh really? We're still here. It was very remnant to me personally of Killery on the stand when she is getting asked about Benghazi and her response, what does it matter, What does it matter, It's over, it happened, Let's move on. It's like you're currently on the stand for that crime and the negligence of your job, and you're asking, what difference does it make? Okay? Cool? It sounded very much like that, So, yeah, that we could. If we're gonna just talk about that, we might as well get that out the way now. The Trump judicial system is as flawed as every other judicial system from any other president that has come through. I'm not gonna say more corrupt, less corrupt. I'm actually at this point putting it right on pour with everybody else. So as previously expected, we are never gonna see the client lists. We're never gonna see the flight logs. We're never gonna see And they they brought up, uh, what was it? I heard Les Wexner. I'm probably saying that name wrong, but it doesn't matter. He's trash. There is a few names that I've seen proposed. However, they're never going to like, no, no extra digging is gonna be done. No extra inquiries are gonna be made into any of these names or these claims, because it's all circumstantial, it's all erroneous. It's all this name, your legal term at this time. To say that it's not connected doesn't matter and needs to be thrown out. It's a bit of a it's a bit of a kick into the uh, into the spiritual gonads of this country. I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm not a fan of how this shook out, but unfortunately I had hopes that it wouldn't turn out this way. But I expected that it would turn out this way. I don't know if any of you have any uh other opinions on it, or any other information I'll want to bring up, but please do. It's just it's just not a good look. It's not a good time, and unfortunately these victims will never see justice, which again I was that I would be wrong. I was hoping that maybe Trump would do what he said he would do. He's done that with so many other campaign promises that he made to people. Right, there's a long list from his first term and this term of him doing what he said he would do. And I'm not taking this opportunity to just bash on Trump himself or his cabinet. But also I believe in calling a spade a spade, and this this is egregious with no nothing else to look at here, It's just it's horrible. Let's see here, Raven Lee just shared a picture with the chat Let's see who are these people? Oh yeah, yeah, so I've actually seen the video that these still still shots are taken from. Trump was having a party and I don't know if it was like one of his hotels, an apartment, whatever, and then he had all of these young twenty something year old girls running around. And keep in mind, this is the same Trump that was having the locker room talk talking about grabbing him by the you know what and everything way back when. So I mean, this is this is the same guy. He's a little older now, but the same guy with the same type of mindset. And apparently Epstein and Maxwell and I think there was one other guy. I want to say it was like the owner of a sports team. I could be wrong, came up and they just kind of hung out for a little bit, and Epstein seemed unimpressed. I'm gonna be honest, he was smiling and cutting up with Trump. But it didn't seem like he didn't walk in be like whoa my kind of party, like not even he was kind of just like, oh wow, very nice, cool, awesome that that kind of ties in though he liked his women younger, you know, twenty somethings, that's that's too old for him. I mean, it's kind of like Leo DiCaprio whenever a girl hits what was it, what was the magic known for him? Twenty seven, then she's like too old for him or whatever. But anyway, so I don't know how to call it. I'm not a fan of any of this whatsoever. Yeah, not not a good day as far as the American public and our faith and confidence goes into the Trump administration. But anyway, all right, now that we've gotten that out of the way, and yes, good people, if y'all have any other opinions about it, I want to hear about it in the comments, and before I start sharing the screen and going into the other topics of conversation for this evening, I do want to go ahead and plug that. If you would like to be a part of the Cajun Night Live, then come check us out on Patreon link is in the description below. Aside from getting the commercial free listening to all of this, you also get the videos. You get to see the sources, you get to see where the information is coming from and see that it's not just an opinion based conversation. We're at least citing the sources. And also there's only one tier for entry. We're trying to grow this thing to be a informed and educational conversation at least once a week, although it may start happening twice a week. I don't know. I'm still debating on if I want to go live technically speaking three times a week between this and the cal but if I want to start doing individual videos for the Cajun Night, or if I want to start going live more than once a week, debating on what day that would be. There's a couple of different things that are brewing on the back burner right now. But all that to say, let's get talking about some start off with some world news still close to the American heartland, but still technically international. So there was a memorandum AKAA memo that was released saying that an inquiry done in twenty twenty two confirmed that a notorious cartel, the Sineloa cartel, hired a hacker to use surveillance cameras, phone data, and track and kill FBI informants. So they basically did a deep dive onto this, an inquiry, an investigation, and they confirmed these But however, this wasn't released to the public until this memo happened just a couple of weeks ago. As a matter of fact, So let's just read in here. The notorious drug cartel enlisted a hacker who was able to infiltrate phone data and Mexico City surveillance cameras to help track and kill FBI informants. The US Justice Department has revealed in twenty eighteen, the operation was disclosed. Oh I'm sorry. The twenty eighteen operation was disclosed Thursday in a forty seven page audit by the Justice Department Inspector General outlining the FBI's efforts to mitigate the effects of ubiquitous technical surveillance. So, like I said, this whole thing happened in twenty eighteen, they confirmed it in twenty twenty two. We're going to read more about that in a minute. And just this week or last week, the Justice Department actually did an audit and found this out, so let's keep going here. The partially redactive reports cited sites a case involving Joaquin El Chappo Goozman. Perhaps you've heard of them, The founder of the infamous Sinaloa cartel. El Chopo is now serving a life sentence in a maximum security prison in the US on moultiple conspiracyccounts for smuggling vast quantities of cocaine and other drugs into the US for more than a quarter of a century. I will say this, nobody did it better. I know everybody wants to give all the fame and glory to Pablo Escobar for being like the guy, dude El Choppo. If we're going to be real technical here with the logistics and the money and the violence runs circles around Escobar, and if I'm not a mistake, it did it for longer before he was stopped. But anyway, I digress. According to the newly released audit, an unnamed hacker was recruited by the cartel in twenty eighteen. The hacker quote observed people going in and out of the United States Embassy in Mexico City and identified people of interest for the cartel, including an FBI assistant legal attache. The report said the hacker was able to use the attache's phone number to determine incoming and outgoing calls, as well as the FBI's official geolocation data. According to the audit, the report said the hacker also used Mexico City surveillance camera systems to the FBI at tache through the city and identify people they've met with the cartel use that information to intimidate and in some instances kill potential sources for cooperating or cooperating witnesses. The report noted that the modern technology has made it difficult to protect sensitive operations and sources. See I. For the longest time, it was seeing that the he who has the better technology has the better surveillance and therefore will probably have the upper hand. But everything's hackable. Everything is hackable. If you have your phone picked up by a Wi Fi router, it can be hacked. Or if you have your Bluetooth turned on and you're in close enough proximity to somebody who might be a bad actor, then it can be hacked. So all of the systems that have been put in place for surveillance and tracking, and all of these things that are used for INTEL in turn can be hacked. And I understand that things are supposed to be encrypted. I understand they're supposed to be levels to this to where people aren't supposed to be able to do this. I mean, that's only one threat away, especially if you're going in and you're getting to the cell phone provider and you're able to threaten somebody at the top, maybe not in America, but in another country where the laws are a little more subject to whoever's got the biggest firepower can make the laws. Yeah, how hard would it be for you to just hack into a mainframe or get access to a giant data center or whatever the case would be. But anyway, he said, he used the surveillance chepers. The report noted that the modern technology has made it difficult to protect sensitive operations and sources. Advances in data mining and analysis, facial recognition, and computer network ex exploitation have made it easier than ever for nation state adversaries, terrorist organizations, and criminal networks to identify FBI personnel and operations. The report urged the FBI to conduct an enterprise why threat assessment to determine where the agency is most vulnerable the Senaloa Cartel, which was designated a terrorist organization earlier this year by the Trump administration, which I personally am of the belief that we should have classified them that a very long time ago. I Digress has long been one of Mexico's most powerful and ruthless crime syndicates. The cartel is one of the largest producers and traffickers of fentanyl and other drugs to the US, and has been known to murder, kidnap, and intimidate civilians, government officials, and journalists, according to the US State Department. The revelation about the Senaloa Cartel cacker comes just weeks after the US offered a ten million dollar reward for the capture of two of El Chappo's sons, Archivaldo Ivan Guzman Salazar and Jesus Alfredo Guzman Salazar. He's they gotta have that hyphenation, don't thing anyway. His other two sons, Joaquin Guzman Lopez and a Video Guzman Lopez, are currently in US custody. L Chapo's sons lead a faction of the Cinelol cartel known as Chapzos or Little Chopos. The torpedoes and their cartel associates have used corkscrews, electrocution, and hot chilies to torture their rivals, while some of their victims were fed dead or alive to tigers. According to a twenty twenty three US indictment, I feel like that's just business as usual as far as everything they could have just listed for what cartels do. I didn't hear one sign of a til on a neck tie or anything like that. It's corkscrews. Okay, that does suck, but there's worse things electrocution and hot chilies. I didn't think that that necessarily needed a mention, but okay, sure, why not? And then victims being fed dead or alive to tigers. Again, I feel like that's just kind of business as usual. Anyway. This is a little quick clip from CBS News. Let's listen in to how the audit played out and what all went down.
Speaker 2: And one of the men charged is the son of the notorious drug kingpin Joaquin El Chapo Guzman. The Justice Department has confirmed that it has detained the leader of the cartel Ismael el Mayo Zambada at Joaquin Guzman. Both men were arrested in Alpaso, Texas, without incident. Zimbada pleaded not guilty to all charges in federal court earlier. So we mentioned Guzman's father is El Chappo, who ran the cartel until he was captured in twenty sixteen. He's serving a life sentence for charges including drug trafficking and money laundering. Let's bring in CBS News national correspondent Minuelbehorg has has been following this case for US. So first, who are these men and what were the circumstances surrounding their arrests.
Speaker 3: Well, these are two high profile targets for the United States, and we are learning that the way that they were arrested was actually a trick.
Speaker 4: We're learning that.
Speaker 3: Is Maelzambada thought he was going to see properties in northern Mexico, but instead was flowed owned to a small airport outside of El Paso. Or he was taken into custody by federal agents and as you mentioned, also taken into custody yesterday the son of El Chapo Guzman, Joaquin Guzman. These men were said to have been running one of the most largest and powerful violent criminal organizations in Mexico, responsible for importing trafficking drugs into the United States and Europe. Specifically, they're charged with bringing fentanyl into the United States, which, as you know, has created a crisis that has killed tens of thousands of Americas.
Speaker 2: How big of a deal is this when it comes to cutting off these cartels and their ability to traffic drugs into the US.
Speaker 3: Well, it is a big deal to have these two men arrested, but the effect really becomes debatable. Sambada has already said in the past that in the event of his capture or death that he has a plan to keep the cartel in operation. And you remember, the capture of El Cha didn't necessarily end the cartel's operations, so it's definitely a blow. But the other thing at play here is as long as there is a market for these drugs in the United States, Europe and other places, someone will be looking to fill the void and still continue to profit by bringing them into those countries.
Speaker 2: Now one has to think about chicken or the egg. Is the market here because they were trafficking drugs in the first place. What's next for these two Meanwhile, right well.
Speaker 3: As you mentioned, Zambada has already had a first appearance at a federal courthouse in El Paso, where he pleaded not guilty to the charges. He'll go through the judicial process. We're still a waiting word on one. Guzman will have a first appearance and what plea he decides.
Speaker 2: To enter Behorqez.
Speaker 1: Thank you all right. So, as we were talking about the arrests that were made on these gentlemen, I still found it interesting that they were using our intelligence agencies surveillance systems to track down new targets to intimidate. I think that that's some that we absolutely needed to talk about here on the Cage to Night. With that being said, we need to talk about two spies that were recently found by Greece and Cyprus that were Azerbaijohnny in origin, and there's a belief that they were feeding information to Iram. We're talking from Al Jazeera as a matter of fact on this one, this will be an interesting one. Arrests comes shortly after Cyprus detains ethnic azari Iszerbai Johnny suspects of planning an attack on a military base for Iram. Greek police have arrested in Azerbai Johnny national suspective of spying on a NATO base on the island of Crete. Local media reported on Monday that the man was detained the previous day on suspicion of espionage. Authorities are reportedly investigating whether the case is linked to the arrest in recent days of a man with Isaari roots excuse me, I'm probably mispronouncing it in Cyprus on suspicion of terror related offenses linked to IRAM. The twenty six year old was arrested in after he was seen scouting the air and naval base of the United States at Suda Bay, broadcaster ERT reported, citing police and intelligence sources. According to the report, authority said he was seen photographing strategically sensitive locations and tracking the movements of warships entering and leaving the bay. The base is a strategic US and NATO facility for the Eastern Mediterranean. Police seized approximately five thousand photographs and numerous videos. The suspect is expected to be brought before a public prosecutor. The arrest came days after a similar incident in Cyprus, where a man was detained for alleged espionage and planning a terrorist attack quote unquote on military facilities. I love how they put quote unquote it's actually it's very simple to tell if something is a terrorist attack or not. Does it have political means or a political aim that this guy is going after. That's the distinction between like a mass shooter and a terrorist attack. A mass shooter is doing it because of the psycho. A terrorist attack is doing it because he's trying to further a political means or a goal of some type. That's that's the dividing line. But anyway, the suspect too, was also reported to be ethnically a Zeri was said to be acting on behalf of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. Of course he was according to Kryptoid Media cyprit Yeah okay, I didn't know. That's okay, people from Cyprus, cyprit good to good to know. According to Cypriot media, citing government sources, he entered the country using a British passport. Shocked. I'm completely shocked that an Islamic terrorists found his way into another country using a British passport. How did he get to Britain first? Well, yeah, that's kind of why Britain is UH is having its own issues right now. But anyway, Israel's foreign Minister Gideon Sar said on Saturday that the IRGC had attempted to carry out a terror attack targeting Israeli's again not exactly shocked by that. Cypers and Crete light close to the Middle East and have a in recent days been used as a transit point amid the conflict between Israel and the US and Iran, Iran whatever. Since the start of the hostilities, reports of detected espionage have increased on both sides. Iran has carried out multiple arrests since Israel launched its bombing campaign on July thirteenth, and executed several others who had been arrested in recent years. On Monday, Iran's judiciary said it had executed Mohammed Amen Madavi Sayeshtek Yeah, for intelligence cooperation with the Zionist regime, which is Iran's term for Israel. Well, yeah, that makes sense. He was also convicted of collaborating with Iran International, a Persian language TV channel based in London that is critical of the Iranian government and that Tehran considered linked to Israel. Okay, I'm not gonna lie. Before I read this article, didn't know that there was a Persian language TV channel in England, there's an entire TV channel that speaks of the Persian language because there's so many people in England right now that are not English by birth that they get their own designay channel, Okay, sure, And of course if it's going to be critical of the IRGC and the Ayatola, it's clearly Israeli based. I you know, I get it whatever, although for the record, eighty five percent of the country is critical of the Ayatola. But sure. The previous day, Iran executed Majid Musayebi after saying he had been proved to have been working with Mussad. Late on Sunday, officials in Tehran reported that three people have been arrested in western province of Crementsha Kremansha, Yeah, on allegations of espionage, one a national of the European country. Special judicial branches are now planned to provincial prosecutors are now planned in provincial prosecutor's office and courts to handle Israeli linked espionage cases on an extraordinary basis. Officials added, Iran is the world's second most prolific executor after China, according to human rights groups including Amnesty International. Again, that doesn't exactly come as a shock to me. But okay, so these two dudes were arrested in Greece and in Crete, or Greece and Cyprus. I know people are to the people of those nations that may be listening, listen. I don't know where you draw your dividing lines. I'm just reading the report. But we now have two guys that were spying allegedly on behalf of Iran, waiting to do some sort of a terrorist attack or some type of attack, which, okay, this all checks out to me. I don't know what Iran thinks they'll be able to do right now, and it's not because they got you know, they got smacked, right fine, America may have dropped a handful of bombs, Israel jacked up a lot of their military assets and airstrips, not all, not all, I understand this, but the vast majority. So I don't exactly know what Iran was planning or if this was just them trying to get the intel in case they saw an opening to shoot their shot. But yeah, so they got discovered. And I don't know if this is gonna affect the ceasefire. I don't even know if the ceasefire is still currently standing. The last report I heard was that there was a very uneasy ceasefire, but each side was claiming that the other had already broken it. I don't know if it kind of leveled off and got peaceful again. If any of y'all know anything on that, please speak up on it. I with everything going on in America right now, I haven't really had much of my attention on Iran and Israel and Gaza and all that in the past week or two. But anyway, go for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's been pretty quiet. I do try to pay attention, and I'm very happy that it has been pretty quiet compared to before, aside from a few people getting arrested on each side, like you're talking about right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean that's expected, right, spies and these types of things. This happens. This is another day at the office for the Intel groups. But okay, so the ceasefire has of now is still holding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yemen has blown up a couple of cargo ships in the Red Sea.
Speaker 1: Who's cargo ships?
Speaker 5: One of them belonged to Greece, let's see, I looked them up earlier. But yeah, there are any ship that's trading with Israel. They're threatening it ships that are going you know, they let other ships through, just not those.
Speaker 1: This checks out, of course. Okay, so they haven't touched America's boats though, So no, they haven't good things. Good things. I mean, I don't want them touching any boats, don't get me wrong. But also really not trying to go to war with hoothy rebel. Over this foolishness, all right, now moving on two more American conversations. There was an incident that took place where a sniper started a fire so that when the firefighters pulled up, he could start shooting at them. He was killed. Let's learn about this. This is from USA today. Sniper found dead after killing two firefighters in an ambush attack on Idaho Mountain. Two firefighters were killed and residents were ordered to shelter in place, but the order was lifted after police found a dead man in the woods. A sniper in Idaho started a blaze and fatally shot two responding firefighters in an ambush attack before being found dead hours later. The discovery of the body on Canefield Mountain, a popular hiking destination outside the city of Cord'alene Cordeline accumulated six hours of frenzied activity that saw around three hundred local, state, and federal officers flocked to the area. It began with the suspects, not yet been identified by police, lighting an early afternoon fire and then shooting the first responders who came to put it out. A third firefighter was also shot, but underwent surgery and is in stable condition. Utaney Kutinae coutinay kut and I I don't know, County Sheriff Bob Norris said at the news conference. This was a total Ambulshy told reporters these firefighters did not have a chance, which, to be fair, most firefighters are not carrying weapons when they respond to the scene of a fire. So this was absolutely he was doing this just to try to have a couple bodies drop. He was a psycho. Authorities found the shooter's body in a nearby firearm using cell phone location data. Norris said it's unclear how the suspect died, but Norris said law enforcement responding to the shooting had exchanged gunfire with him. I don't know, but it sounds like that might be his cause of death. Maybe not. Maybe he offed himself when he realized the jig was up, but also if there was a gun fight between him and law enforcement and then they found his body with a bullet in it, I okay. As investigator search for these shooter's motives, firefighters have resumed battling the blaze, which had grown to twenty acres by late Sunday night. Firefighters will work through the night to contain the fire before investigators conduct a more thorough search of the area. Nor said he believes more weapons will be found in the mountain terrain. Today is a day that will not be forgot in this community. Bruce Mattair, chairman of the Kutine County Board of Commissioners, said at the news conference, it is a day the evil showed its face and we lost two outstanding professionals of the highest quality. The timeline of the Canefield Mountain attack. At one twenty one pm local time, emergency dispatcher's received a phone call reporting a fire on the east side of Canfield Mountain or Canfield. Norris said. The caller did not reveal his name and is not believed to be the gunman. Firefighters arrived on the scene and at two pm firefighters broadcast that there were shots fired. Hundreds of law enforcement agents responded to the scene of the shooting. Officers exchanged gunfire with the suspect. Investigators use a cell phone to track the location to a signal on Caingfill Mountain that had not moved since three sixteen pm. Authorities honed in on the location and discovered a man who they believed to be the suspect. Just after seven forty pm, the Sheriff's office announced that a man had been found dead and lifted the shelter in place order. Now what do we know about the firefighters? Authorities did not publicly identify the firefighters killed and injured in the attack, nor supported that one of the same firefighters worked for the Kutene County Fire and Rescue the other work for the cord Delaine Fire Department. The firefighter who was injured in the shooting also worked for the Coupdalene Fire Department. A procession was held for the firefighters Sunday night. Law enforcement swarms beautiful corner of the world. Nancy Murrain, a longtime resident of Cordeline, said her quiet neighborhood was swarming with law enforcement as officers responded to the deadly attack marine, who frequently hikes the Canefield Mountain trail, said the helicopters for hours circled over the heavily forested area and a vast amount of law enforcement were on the ground. She said, we have a beautiful corner of the world right here. It's nice and peaceful. She said that she stopped hearing the helicopters around the time the law enforcement lifted the shelter in place, and said a man was found dead on the mountain. She also hope's authorities will be able to concentrate on the fire, which officials said was still burning and at risk of expanding. Her backyard is at the bottom of the mountain, and she said that her husband will water their yard to prevent the fire from affecting them. So the two firefighters that were killed and third injured, they just pretty much go into the official report of how it all took down here. The FBI tactical teams responded to the shooting. FBI Director Dan Bongino said in a post on x that tactical tactical teams have responded to the scene of the shooting. It remains an active and very dangerous scene, he said. Sandra Barker, an FBI regional spokesperson, told USA Today in a statement that at this time I can confirm the Salt Lake City Field Office, which covers Idaho, is providing assistance. She was referring them to the Sheriff's office for more information. Attorney General Pambondi ordered prayers as federal and local authorities responded to the attack. She made a post on X basically saying thank you to the incredible agents and we are all praying for you. Secretary of Homeland Security Christy Nome said in a post on X that the federal agency was actively monitoring the scene. Pray for Idaho's first responders. So at Sanamahaws is a great place for hikers, is a great destination. US Senator for Idaho. Watching the situation, he says, I am monitoring, monitoring the horrific reports out of Cordelin this evening. I urged local residents to follow recommendations of law enforcements. All the things with the attacks now, how big is the fire? Authorities said that the blaze started out as a half acre wildfire. Three fire engines were dispatched to the scene around one point thirty PM, and officials said, The fire continued to blaze as authorities attempted to locate the potential shooter. So this is a little over a week old, and if I'm not mistaken, they got the fire put out and everything like that. But as we were talking about news going on in America, I figured it was only right that we give these fallen firefighters their credit. It it's crazy to me that people are losing their minds to that level, and I mean starting a fire, being doing arson for the sake of trying to drop first responders. And at the same time, we have flooding in other states and some of these I didn't realize it was like this. I had heard some things about the Texas flood, which we're about to talk about. I didn't realize there were more states that were seeing flooding at this moment. So this is still ongoing. This is from Fox News. Texas flood kills more than one hundred as the search continues for dozens of people. Let's see, that's a quote from Governor Abbot. That's fine, let's see here. Governor Abbot announced Monday that additional state emergency response resources have been activated, as he vows that Texas will remain engaged in every missing person until every missing person is found and every Texan recovers from this disaster. Yeah. Absolutely, yeah, we might as well just read that. There is still a thread of heavy rain with the potential to cause flooding in central Texas Hill Country, Big Country, and Concho Valley regions. He continued. Texans are urged to remain weather aware. He the guidance of local officials and regularly monitor weather forecast. Texas will remain engaged until every missing person has found, every Texan recovers from the disaster. Under the Governor's direction, the Texas State Operations Center remains at a Level two escalator response to support requests for assistance from local officials as they continue to respond to the rainfall and flooding that is still impacting the state. The state has deployed more than seventeen hundred personnel and more than nine hundred and seventy five vehicles and equipment assets to respond to the flooding. The Governor's office said more than twenty state agencies are responding to the flood threats across the state. State emergency response resources that remain available to local support emergency response efforts include the Texas Division of Emergency Management, Texas A and M engine in Texas A and M Engineering Extension Service. God, I don't know why that one tongue tied me Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas National Guard, as well as fifteen others. Now, Tony, you are currently living in the Texas area. Has this affected you in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 5: Not a huge amount. But it is way rainier than it has been any of the other five years I've ever lived here. So normally the Fourth of July is dry and hot, and it's been very rainy in the Dallas area. And I just got to drive through Louisiana and Houston area and almost San Antonio earlier this week and there was lots of rain everywhere, And this is this is kind of unusual. And one thing about this Curveville place is that it's far enough west. It's significantly west of San Antonio, and normally that part of Texas gets way less rainfall than the east. So yeah, overall, it's pretty surprising. When I grew up in California, we'd call this El Nino. I don't know if most of the rest of the country's heard of this, but it's how you know, once every ten years they get way way more rain than usual. Maybe that happens here too, but yeah, it was way more than normally. It was like fifteen inches in one day up there, and a bunch of people died. What's the death count? I think I heard one hundred.
Speaker 1: It's over one hundred, and I don't know what the as of the moment reports are saying, but I do know there is over one hundred dead, and I want to say one hundred and seventy five that have been either missing. Yeah, one hundred and seventy five missing. And I don't even know if they know the number of displaced individuals as of this moment. So it's yeah, And it was a crazy rate, like it was fifteen inches in how long.
Speaker 5: I heard it was in a day the fourth of July, because I remember waking up the next day to all the news about it.
Speaker 1: We were talking about this on the Cult Live last night, and somebody remind me on the rates here it rose like how many feet in like fifteen minutes or something crazy like this. Basically, there was no way for people to prepare and get out of Harm's way on this one. And yeah, it's absolutely insane.
Speaker 5: Now I have also talking about This is just a personal anecdote, but my daughter's birthday was like two weeks before the end of June, and she got a rain gauge for her birthday. And I thought, oh, well, we're not going to get to use this until next winter, but thanks for the rain gauge. Yeah, well now I guess we do get to use it.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was kind of a brutal irony gift actually, but uh yeah, I'm I'm it was somebody remind me of how many feet it was in like fifteen minutes or something like that. It was crazy. But and you said, this town is even more west than San Antonio.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's significantly west, north and west of San Antonio. And that part of Texas is normally pretty dry. It's like the farther west you go. Yeah, the farther west you go, the dryer it gets, the more stereotypical it gets. It's it gets to be like New Mexico. But you never know, it can it can rain like crazy from time to time. Remember a year or two ago, there was the music festival in Nevada that got uh it was like an El Nino year, and I think it was Coachella or something something like that, this big music festival got rid of really flooded, because that just happens every once in a while and the soil cannot take it.
Speaker 1: I heard that happen at burning Man a couple of years ago too, Like the entire desert just became like slop and quicksand kind of situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was it. Burning Man. Yeah, in Texas and Florida lead the country. And drownings too.
Speaker 1: By the way, I did Florida, I can understand Texas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, apparently, I just heard that earlier today. I was listening to another podcast. We got talking about how his son drowned and almost died and the hospital wanted to kill him, but he this is a tangent, but they kept him alive for thirty seven days and then put him in a hyperbarrack chamber and he came back like ninety nine percent, even after being almost like brain dead for thirty seven days. And the hospital was ready to harvest his organs right away. They were really trying to prep him to just say goodbye. But the guy he pushed and he got a sun back and he started a website to help other families go and through that called drowned Child dot orger Drownedbaby dot org. So I went to the website and educated myself a little bit. Maybe everyone should do that because it's the leading cause of death for kids under like four.
Speaker 1: Jesus see, I just had my son in swim lessons, and I mean for that reason specifically, it's like survival swimming that he's doing stuff. But like, oh my god, I didn't know Texas led the nation on that one. That's a new information for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think I was from Texas, but the hyperbaric chamber was in New Orleans, so he had to make that trip. I don't know where exactly in Texas he was from, but as you know, that's a few hundred miles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a little bit. Unless I just have a hard time believing that they didn't have some sort of facility with that type of equipment in Texas. I don't know. I'm sure there was a real logical reason why they did that. I don't know, but a couple of quick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they just they just go on a procedure and if a drowned kid comes in, they go well, this is what we do, and you know, just say goodbye. And it was only because this guy had experience as a diver that he knew that this therapy even existed. But it didn't even exist in Texas. So thirty seven days in he got his son transported to the New Orleans and the sun recovered.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hyperbaric therapy was what it was.
Speaker 1: That is incredible and also terrifying. Home. God. So some fast facts about the Texas flooding here. It says at least one hundred and four people were killed in central Texas in a flash flooding that began early on the morning of the fourth of July Camp Mystic and I I had an article pulled up to show all of the young ladies and girls that were killed at Camp Mystic. It is heartbreaking and I didn't want to go through it all because it was like talking about these girls and where they're from and there are dreams that won't be realized now and all this, and I was like, oh, that's god awful. I feel horrible. Thoughts and prayers go out to those families, obviously, But it says Camp Missick in Hunt, Texas says it's morning the loss of twenty seven campers and councilors. As of this afternoon, ten campers and one councilor remain missing. The National Weather Service issue multiple flash flood warnings on Monday for counties in central Texas. Wow all right, says the Houston Astros pledged a million dollars to aid with the relief efforts. Good on you Astros for that. That's nice, says Louisiana governor announces water rescue team has been deployed to Texas to support the flood response. Louisiana Governor Jeff Landry said Monday that his state sent a team to Texas to support search efforts amid devastating flooding in the Lone Star state. The Louisiana crew is off to Texas to assist with search efforts after the tragic flood. There are fourteen Louisiana Swift Water Rescue personnel total with equipment GOHSEP remains in contact. Oh okay, that makes sense. Remains in contact with Texas to see how else Louisiana can support. The governor added, Please continue to pray for all those affected and our great neighbors in Texas Colorado Governor Paulus says state is ready and willing to assist Texas in flood response. He put up a post on ex Colorado's will always step up to help our neighbors. We are sending love and support to Texas during this devastating and difficult time. Our state is ready and willing to provide any resources to assist Texas with search and recovery. Colorado has face natural disasters absolutely. Let's see net and Yahoo old bb net and Yahoo has weighed in, says he is praying for Texas amid flooding. Israel knows disaster. My wife Sarah and I all and all of Israel are praying for the great state of Texas. Israel knows disaster. We've lived through war, fire and flood. Dear friends, we stand with you. Okay. Quite a move for bb to step up and speak on this one. Arizona governor says, as hard as with the people of Texas. Gavin Newsom, Oh, this guy announced deployment of search and rescue teams to Texas amid devastating flood. Now I do not like Gavin Newsom at all, but also I mean good on them for sending a team to help Out is a post on yeah ex California is deploying skilled urban search and Rescue team members to support those facing devastating floods in Texas. We grieve for the Texans who've lost loved ones, homes and livelihoods. Energy Secretary says his heart goes out to the families affected by the flood. This is Secretary Chris Wright. Believe that's Energy Secretary for the entirety of the United States. My heart goes out to the families and communities impacted by this devastating loss. Liz and I pray for Texas As. Rescue and recovery efforts continue for those still missing, and we thank our first responders for their tireless service to our nation's time of need. Let's see restaurant. There's Texas restaurants that are feeding the people that are displaced in need food. Drone crashes into helicopter aiding in tech his flood recovery efforts. City officials warned drone operators to ground aircraft during flood rescue operations after an illegal flight caused a helicopter collision and emergency landing in Kerr County restricted airspace. They said all bold letters here. Please ground your drones until current flood search and rescue operations are complete. This afternoon, a private drone illegally operating in restricted airspace colliding with the helicopter involved in emergency operations. Okay, so that's absolutely I mean, wow, let's see. Yeah, it's basically just going down the list of things. Let's see here, this is a quick little video.
Speaker 6: Let's bring in Kelly Raybon, who's two boys escaped the flooding from another camp about six miles north of camp missed it, Kelly, thank you for being with us, can't you're probably still shaking from all of this. I can't even imagine what this was like. Give us a sense of the story as you started to understand that something was going on on the river along where all of these camps are.
Speaker 4: Of course, so on July fourth, we received a text that was sent out to all of the parents that said that they had sustained high waters overnight. But you know that they were trying to keep the campers safe as best as possible. And at that point, you know, you think, okay, well, maybe there's just a lot of rain. But once I turned on the news and I live in Houston, and so that's four hours away from me, so I had to I had to really work to find more information out. But once I saw this statement from Camp Mystic that you know, if you're if your daughter is okay, if you've not been notified yet, I thought, oh my gosh, this is far more serious than that initial text message would have led me to believe. And then within a couple of hours I decided I needed to get in the car and go, you know, a mom on a mission to get to my kids.
Speaker 6: So I know your sons talked about it. Tell us how old your boys are and their names. I know that you know they've had an off of talking about this. I completely understand. But can you tell us what they said about what happened and what they remember.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: So, Brandon, my nine year old, this was his third year to attend Camp la Hunt and Brock, my just now seven year olds, turned seven two weeks ago. This was his first time to attend camp, and they'd only been there for one full day at this point. They arrived late Wednesday afternoon, so one full day there and you know what they said was as the water in Brock's cabin he was in one of three cabins that ended up, you know, underwater and flooding. And as the water started to come in, his brave camp counselors, who were really just kids themselves, college kids, they encouraged the boys to get on the first bunk and then to get on the second bunk, and before you know it, they were lifting the little boys up to the rafters to keep them out of harm's way, as the windows were breaking, as the door was coming off, as a wall was coming down. I just can't imagine how terrifying this was. And it was happening, you know, as there was as it was dark, no power, you know, and you're so unfamiliar in this situation, how do you ever prepare for that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're looking at these charts. It rose twenty five feet in one hour in the area of Camp Mystic. So how high were they on the top? How high was the water in the cabin? And then did they how did they get out of there?
Speaker 4: So my seven year old rock he said that the water was probably he estimated three plus feet in his cabin. Now, you know, he is still in a state of shock and kind of slowly processing what all he remembers, but he remembers it being at least high enough to break the window out, and the camp director, Scott bravely came at the end to get them out of the cabins, pulling them down from the rafters and taking them to safety. Brandon, meanwhile, was in a higher elevated cabin, and so his cabin, while it didn't receive any water, it took in a bunch of boys who were in flooded cabins and then you know, they were just left to kind of they didn't know what was going on. They just entertained each other all day long as best they could.
Speaker 6: So what are your thoughts on this whole thing? You know, would you send them back to camp given what happened? How do you feel about it?
Speaker 4: I need to think it through, but I can tell tell you that great in my older one, with you know, two summers of camp under his belt, says in a heartbeat he would go back, and he really hopes. One of the reasons why they were, you know, have been talking about it and we're comfortable with me talking about it, is because they wanted to represent the pride that they have in camp. Law Hunter and I remember as a child the hill country camps that I attended, what a difference it made for me. And so I mean, as as this is a massive tragedy, but as with tragedies, hopefully we learn major, major lessons from this. And so you know, I'm just so hopeful that we can really take a hard look at at what went wrong and why.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm so twenty five feet in one hour. That is terrifying, Oh my god. And then we look down here, and I'm not trying to I'm not trying to use this to politicize anything, but apparently some people are white house fires back at depraved dooms, using deadly flood to target Trump. This is only a minute and a half. I'm very curious what they're gonna say in response to this, But yeah, it's clearly Trump's fault that floods happened. Let's see, in.
Speaker 7: The wake of this once in a generation natural disaster, we have seen many falsehoods pushed by Democrats such as Senator Chuck Schumer and some members of the media. Blaming President Trump for these floods is a depraved lie and it serves no purpose during this time of national mourning. Here are the facts and the lead up to this tragic natural disaster. The National Weather Service did its job. Despite unprecedented rainfall, the National Weather Service executed timely and precise forecasts and warnings. On July third, the National Weather Service Office and awsometon San Antonio, Texas, conducted forecast briefings for emergency management in the morning and issued a floodwatch in the early afternoon. Flash flood warnings were also issued on the night of July third and in the early morning of July fourth, giving preliminary lead times of more than three hours before flash flooding conditions occurred. In The National Weather Service Office in New Brunfels, which delivers forecasts for Austin, San Antonio and the surrounding areas, had extra staff on duty during the storms, despite claims of the contrary. So to any person who has deliberately lied about these facts surrounding this catastrophic event, you should be deeply ashamed. At this time, the administration's focus will be giving on giving the victims in their communities the support they deserve during these recovery efforts. In this tragic time. May God bless the great people of Texas, especially the parents who have lost their children.
Speaker 1: So real quick whenever the fires took place in LA people were pointing the finger at Newsome. There was a reason for that. Yes, he may not have started the fires, and I am still the belief that that was way more planned than what we were led to believe, especially when you can look from an aerial view and see that all three of the initial fires were started at the exact same time at different points of the city. But either way, he is the one who drained the water reservoir that was supposed to be used in case of emergency to save some sort of fish population or something like that. I don't know, but there's a reason why the finger was pointed at him. I can't imagine a world where Trump is getting targeted by Democrats for this being his fault or something like that. Although yes, he did just cut funding to FEMA. Okay, fine, he didn't cut it entirely. There was still a pretty sizable amount of relief effort and staff within FEMA that can go to work to save these people and help them out this time. But even still, twenty five feet in one hour, how how is that Trump's fault? Although yes, there are people of the conspiratorial world of which I am a part of I don't necessarily believe in what I'm about to say, but I do consider myself a decent conspiracy theorist who believe that this was all a part of a government agenda and over cloud seating to flood these areas. I don't know all the facts on it, so I can't speak intelligently enough on this. We do know the cloud seating is a thing. We do understand that they do make it rain, and we understand that sometimes they oversaturate an area and cause flooding like this. I'm not denying any of those things. I just can't speak with any kind of real authority on whether this is one of those situations or not. Now moving on to the next one, Texas is not the only state experiencing flooding in the United States as of this morning or as of this moment. New Mexico flash flooding kills at least three, including two young children. Video shows floodwaters carrying away a house. This is from CBS News as a matter of fact. Yeah, okay, so this is the video of the house being washed away.
Speaker 8: Oh, are also dealing with the aftermath of deadly meantime in New Mexico, People living in the mountain community of Ruidoso are also dealing with the aftermath of deadly flash floods. At least one home washed away in heavy rainfall yesterday, and three people were killed, including two children. Emergency crews rescue dozens of people trapped in their homes or caught in fast moving waters. Officials urged residents to seek higher ground ahead of those storms, and they say many people did heed those warnings, which saved lives. Now, this same community in New Mexico dealt with devastating what wildfires last year, which factored into what happened this week. CBS News National correspondent Carter Evans joined us from Los Angeles with more on this, and Carter, can you give us an update on what's happening on the ground right now?
Speaker 9: Okay, so right now, the good news is the water has receded. The floodwater has receded. But this it happened kind of late in the afternoon yesterday and the floodwater rose so quickly. I think that warning came in at around three pm local time, and within an hour the river there, the Rio Ruidoso, had risen from two feet to twenty feet. That was a record record level. So today they are searching for people in areas that they could not get to last night after darkfell. But right now we don't believe any other people are missing. At least no people have been reported missing. They're just checking to make sure no one else has gone missing.
Speaker 8: And Carter residents responding to warnings there to seek higher ground. That's been credited with saving lives out there. What kind of warning system is in place there and especially noteworthy given what's happening in Texas well.
Speaker 9: Interesting, you know you mentioned this fire that they had last year in twenty twenty four. They do have an emergency system there in the town of Ridoso. It has sirens on it, but apparently a few of those were burned down during the fire, and that system has not been rebuilt entirely, though they are discussing plans to rebuild it and upgrade it so they can get warnings out quickly. But as I said, this first warning came out at around three pm yesterday afternoon, and this was one of the most serious warnings that the National Weather Service can give. It was a flash flood emergency in all capitals. They were telling people to seek higher ground, that word got out very quickly. You have seen this video that we're looking at now. It is just intense. We had rushing rivers of water in the streets. You saw that house floating down a road. Intense intense water in just a matter of hours.
Speaker 8: And Carter, we've been talking about that wildfire from last year. How did burn scars from that fire player role in the severity of the of these floods.
Speaker 9: You know, this is something that we have to worry about after all wildfires, especially these very hot wildfires that basically scorch everything. And that's what happened in this case. And when you look at these hillsides now they're bare. There's just a couple of twigs, The trees are gone, the brush is gone. There's nothing there to hold the dirt in place except for this crust that forms from the top layer.
Speaker 5: Of dirt after a wildfire.
Speaker 9: And that crust can sometimes feed hydrophobic, meaning that it repels water. So when you get a bunch of rain really quickly in a concentrated area, it just rolls right off the top of that soil and starts picking up speed and debris as it goes downhill. And that's what happened yesterday in Ruidoso.
Speaker 1: So went from two feet to twenty feet in an hour, eighteen foot in an hour. Jesus, Okay, here we go. We're gonna talk, We're gonna read the article here. Flash flooding from torrential rain hit Ruidoso, New Mexico, killing at least three people and prompting dozens of rescue. Officials say a house was even being carried downstream. We just watched the video from that, the mayor, Len Crawford said during a news conference. When the victims were a four year old girl, a seven year old boy, in an unidentified man who was approximately forty to fifty years old. Crawford didn't release the children's identities, saying it was out of respect for their families. The roy Doso Police Chief, Stephen Miner, said the children were related. I would assume so. The three victims were reported missing from an RV park and their remains are found downstream between a quarter mile and two miles away. Authorities are trying to track down one person who was unaccounted for. Three other people were taken to a hospital for treatment and were in stable condition. Approximately sixty five swift water rescues were carried out during the flooding. The mayor said, we had people in trees, we had people in the water, people just trapped in houses and with water coming into them. The fire chief Cad Hall said, you name it, we were having to address it. Officials were monitoring weather conditions Wednesday for additional threats. The roy Deso emergency manager Eric Kuyler quealer, I don't know, tell reporters. A preliminary assessment found that at least thirty five to fifty homes were damaged or lost in the flooding. So the flooding right here, if we're looking at the map again, for anybody listening, I would like to see this. Come check out the Cajun Night on Patreon Lincoln. The description below This is on the Ridoso River, which I'm not if I'm not mistaken, is a tributary of the Rio Grande. I might be wrong on that. I don't know, but the Ruidoso. The town is located in the southern New Mexico area. The mountain village is located about a three hour drive southeast of Albutquerque. Wow. New Mexico Governor Michelle Luhan Grisham said in a statement Tuesday night that she had signed an emergency declaration request to get federal response teams and repair resources on the ground immediately. We're encouraged that additional federal resources are already on the way. The Democrats said, why do they have to mention her political party? Why did that need to be in the list? No one asked that at this time. But okay, the New Mexico is mobilizing every resource we have, but ruy Doso needs federal support to recover from this disaster. We've watched Texas receive the federal resources they desperately needed, and roy Doso deserves the same urgent response. The roy Doso River, the ruy Rio Riodoso. I'm probably mispronouncing these words. My apologies. A river in Lincoln County rose to a record breaking twenty feet, five feet higher than the previous high water mark the village, said. CBS meteorologist Nikki Nolan noted that one river gauge water levels leaped almost nineteen feet in a mere half hour. Y'all nineteen feet in thirty minutes. That is absurd, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said in a statement Tuesday night, that the National Weather Service issued a floodwatch for the south Central Mountains, including Rodoso at two forty six am Mountain time. That warning was to be in effect from noon until eight pm local time. They said flash flood warning was issued for the South Fork Burn Scar in Lincoln County, New Mexico at two twelve and included a considerable flooding tag, which INAA said automatically triggers a wireless emergency alert to be issued for the warned area. They said the warning was upgraded to a flash flood emergency about thirty minutes later. Yeah, I'll bet it was. Crawford said on Wednesday that a wireless emergency alert warning people to get to higher ground was issued at one fifty eight pm for one area, and another issued for two other areas at two nineteen pm. An outdoor warning system was activated because it's reserved for full town evacuations. She said the localized nature of yesterday's flood did not warrant the full talent evacuation. I mean, I don't know if that's a true statement or not. Twenty feet in an hour is I don't know to what level that does require, but okay, I'm sure they did what they could on this one. We had public works, we had fire, we had police, we had parks and wreck folks going along the Rio Ridoso and evacuating communities as the wall of water was headed this way. Emergency warnings have emerged as a point of contention in the Texas flash flooding. The video post on social media shows a fast moving water carrying a home down river. Yeah, that's the home we watched. Carpenter whose art studio was swept away during the flash flood last year, told the Associated Press that she was riding her motorcycle through town Tuesday afternoon when the storm started to pick up and she sought shelter at the riverside Downshift Brewing Company with dozens of other people. She started to film debris rushing down through Roydso when she spotted a house floating by with a familiar turquoise door. It belonged to the family of one of her best friends.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: The woman who actually got the video of the house being pushed down the river knew the family that lived there. Her friend's family was not in the house and is safe. She said, well, that's good. I've been in that house and have memories in the house, so seeing it come down the river was just pretty heartbreaking. The area around the Ry Rio Rio Doso and much of Lincoln were sports last year by the wildfires, making the soil unstable and more prone to flooding. Two people died in the South Fork Consult fires and one hundreds of homes were destroyed in June of twenty twenty four. Wow. So again, as Texas is getting a lot of eyes on them for everything going on, we also need to make sure that we are keeping our eyes, our thoughts and prayers and send some resources New Mexico's way. And apparently they're not the only two states that are experiencing some flooding. As we move on to our next topic. Multiple fatalities reported in tropical Storm Chantel or Chantel flooding in North Carolina. Okay, let's go ahead and play this little video here. It's only thirty seconds thirty six seconds long. Yeah you know what? Why not? Tropical Storm Shantel slams North Carolina is from USA today Chapel Hill, North Carolina. It drenched the central North Carolina, causing severe flooding and submerging cars. The storm weakened after making lamb fall, but dropped up to eight inches of rain in some areas. WHOA, I know, eight inches may not seem like a lot whenever we were just reading from the other reports it was twenty feet in an hour and stuff. But I mean, especially for mountaintowns where that water will pool, eight inches can be quite drastic. Three possible tornadoes hit Raleigh and the surrounding areas. Wow, look at this. Chantel is expected to move through Virginia and West Virginia with more rain ahead. All right, so let's pick up with what the article is saying again. This is from USA Today. Multiple people died in central North Carolina after Tropical Storm Chantel brought a deluge of rain and flooding to the area on July sixth, According to state officials and local reports, the Raleigh Durham The Raleigh Durham area saw nearly twelve inches of rainfall in twenty four hours, while neighboring areas reported at least nine inches, according to the Asheville Citizen Times. Part of USA Today's network of rain caused flooding in several areas, including Almant's, Chatham, More, Orange and Person counties. According to Citizen Times, Chantelle was downgraded to a tropical depression by July seventh, but was still dumping rain across the mid Atlantic. North Carolina Governor Josh Stein said at a news conference on July eighth that officials from North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services were still working to confirm the total number of fatalities from the flooding, but that there are a handful of reported deaths to date. The NCDHS, that's the Department of Human Health and Services, said it does not currently have verified information on storm related deaths, but referred to USA Today to local law enforcement. The North Carolina Department of Emergency Management told the USA Today in a statement that the state's emergency response team is aware potential fatalities linked to the storm as reported by law enforcement. Okay, so they just kind of re confirmed what they just said. Now three days in the Chatham County, North Carolina, including missing voters in Chatham County, which was just west of Raleigh, three people died in flood's, officials confirmed to USA Today. Sandra portnoy Hirshman, eighty three years old, of Pittsburgh, North Carolina, died around eleven thirty pm local time on July sixth, when her car became submerged in water. Steve Newton, Chatham County's emerginal Management, told USA Today two individuals who went voting on the Jordan Lake around five pm on July sixth also died. Newton said one voter was recovered on July eighth, while the second individual was found July ninth. Both are waiting positive identification from the Medical Examiner's Office. Randall Rigsby, Chatham County Sheriff's Office public information officer, told USA Today. Orange County, North Carolina woman dies in flood while driving to work. Monica Butner was driving to work in Hillsboro, North Carolina, on the evening of July sixth, when her car got stuck in floodwater. Orange County Sheriff's Office told the release. She was fifty eight years old. Called nine one one around ten thirty local time amid the heavy rainfall, but the call was disconnected. Firefighters soon located her unoccupied car. First responders found her dead around five pm July seventh. Officials said that she was almost completely obscured by falling trees and debris. Approximately one hundred and twenty yards downstream from her vehicle. Wow, reports are saying that more are dead in the North Carolina flood. At least two others reportedly died in the flooding. According to multiple local reports, a man in Alamance County died after his vehicle swept away by floodwaters on July sixth, and a twenty three year old woman in Graham was also found or Graham, I believe it'd just be Graham was also found dead inside her car submerged in water.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 1: The USA has reached out but has received nothing back. Got you, Okay, So everybody there is wild weather things that are taking place as of this moment. Right now, we do. We have a lot of news going on. Yes, the Epstein files, the Diddy case got finished, which I still can't believe he didn't get any kind of real legal recourse for what happened. But all that to say, I just feel like we as Americans have more pressing things in our face as of this moment. But let me go ahead and check the chat and see what y'all have shared as far as things to be brought up. Let's see, uh oh Ravenson something. Jeffrey Epstein's secret bank account is still moving millions, and no one knows why. Now that's interesting Royce is saying. I think something that also sucks is the whole Epstein thing is that it's a huge more on all the positive things that have happened thus far. When you say positive things that have happened thus far, what do you mean, Royce?
Speaker 5: I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: The the board of pologies, all of the good thing that Trump has done for our country so far, That's what I mean. Yeah, Yeah, it's not a good look, don't be wrong. It's just that's kind of a big one that a lot of people have had eyes on for years now, and for it to just be wrapped up and said, yep, all good here, nothing more to talk about. It's like, ah, bro, that's just not a good look. I agree. Let's see Tony spoke in here and says I can't prove it, but I bet some of the cartels are supported by the CIA, so we will never get rid of them. This is also the reason why drugs will never be relegalized. The CIA needs to them to be illegal for illegal trade to occur. Yeah, I one hundred percent agree with that. As a matter of fact, we did an episode on the War on drugs not too terribly long ago, and that is confirmed. It's not just CIA or FBI or border patrol or local and federal politics in general. But there's an absolute reason for this. And I mean we can go it depends on to what level you really want to go here. If you say that the overarching goal is to keep prisons occupied, because prisons are privately owned entities. And for Pam Bondi, for instance, used to be a lobbyer for one of these big private prison conglomerates, right, and now she's the attorney general, so that makes sense. But yeah, that's a conspiracy theory on that. One. Another would be to say that it is to overall just dumb down America, right, And it's kind of a it's a political leg that you can pull at any time you need. Some new politician comes into office and swears he's going to clean up the town, clean up the streets and all these things. He makes a couple of big buss a couple of big arrests, and the next time he comes up for reelection he has that to go off of to say, look at all the good that I did. In reality, that was just the stuff that was publicized. While he allowed like twenty or thirty shipments to come through, he only stopped too and made them big. It's it's absolutely a political ploy. And yeah, as far as the not being able to prove a thing, I mean, honestly, option fast and furious that was done under the Obama administration. We'll show you that the CIA sold American weapons to the cartels. Those American weapons then made it their way up back across the border and was used in the killing of a California police officer. And they checked the SERO numbers and they know for sure that a three letter agency of the United States put that weapon into the hands of that criminal. So, I mean, it's it's absolutely confirmed at this point. Let's see here, Yemen has sunk a ship called Eternity C. One headline says it's the second in a week. Also saw MV Star as another cargo ship or Magic Seas. Okay, okay, yeah, so Yemen is still doing that. There were the houthies, not Yemen. The hoothy rebels are still doing their their thing. Azaris are twenty four percent of Iran's population. I am pretty sure Mussad Pozeshkin is a Za yeah, no, I mean, they absolutely do hold a pretty large chunk of the Iranian population. So that's the thing. Whenever we're saying that these people were for, they weren't necessarily like doing espionage for Azerbaijan. I believe they were probably, I can't say for sure, there's still the ongoing investigation, but the two gentlemen that were arrested, it would stand to reason that they were doing intel things for even if it's not Iran. I would say, some type of terrorist organization, and find me a Muslim terrorist organization that is not funded and supported by Iran. It's very difficult to find that.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe if you go I thought isis was, Oh.
Speaker 5: No, quite the opposite. But anyway, the overall political landscape over there, the way most people feel is that Azerbaijan and Iran are adversarial towards each other, and Iran is most friendly with Armenia, and Azerbaijan is more friendly to Kurdistan and to Israel even a little bit. And the Kurds they kind of don't get along with anybody really, but right except Azerbaijan and Israel a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from what I've been told, the Kurds are. They are Muslim, they are Islamic, but as far as how the Sunnis and the Sheaes look at them, they are like just one tick above being Jewish.
Speaker 5: From the Yeah, the Kurds, Yeah, they have territory in Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran. And the one thing that all for those country as agree on is they don't like Kurds and they don't want them to have an independent country.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well Turkey, I can understand, especially because if they were to do that, they would lose a third of their voting base Kurds. If I'm not mistaken, like the largest per census. You know what I'm saying, Trust the senses as much as you want. They have like a third of the Lamb mass in Turkey that are heavily occupied by the Kurds. And they were talking about doing a Kurdistan, like the founding of a Kurdish nation that would take a third of Turkey, northern Syria, the northwest of Iraq. It's it's none of these countries want to lose any land mass, and they absolutely don't want to lose a population like that either, even if it's a population they can't stand it's still tax revenue, so I mean they're not Nobody is going to sign off on the Kurdish nation becoming a thing. However, I'm curious if this was to take place, would that in fact take some heat off of Israel from these nations because they would then be fighting after two people that they hate or two countries that they hate.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but yes, Israel. Yeah, Israel has a reputation for supporting Kurds politically, and getting back to the Azari question, Azari's within Iran are largely under suspicion of being unpatriotic because Iran and Azerbaijan or adversarial to each other. And I think Iran used to own all that territory, but the Soviet Union created Azerbaijan in about nineteen twenty, and Armenians also resent that too because Azerbaijan And sorry did I did I say Georgia or Armenia. I met Armenia, Yeah, he said Armenia.
Speaker 1: But they took way from Armenia to make Azerbaijhan, didn't they?
Speaker 5: I don't know, maybe a little bit, but actually more recently between twenty twenty and just this past year, Armenia lost a very large exclave called Nagorno Karabakh to Azerbaijan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember hearing about that, but I'm unfamiliar with how that took place. Was it a like a land grab, was it a military takeover? How did that all shake out?
Speaker 5: Well, first I think Azerbaijean bombed it or something, and a lot of the Armenian population left in twenty twenty and then just in twenty twenty three or twenty four, I think Ozerbajehan moved in a bunch of troops and said, all your Armenians get out, just walk to the main land mass of Armenia. And they did. Wow. I don't think many people died, but it was a pretty serious loss for territory. Okay with the Armenia, Yeah, they used to There used to be lots of Armenians scattered in eastern Turkey and the Armenian genocide ended that. So now there's no Armenians left in Turkey, but in southeastern Turkey that's where the Kurds live.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Now, would you would it be fair to compare this, I mean, aside from the bombing. Aside from the bombing, would it be fair to compare this to the Crimea takeover of twenty fourteen.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it was kind of a demographic replacement, because I'm pretty sure that gornol Kherbach was overwhelmingly Armenian until recently Gotcha, and in Crimea, I don't think there's been any demographic change, at least not significant. A few people have moved back and forth, but Crimea is last I read fifty percent Russian, twenty five percent Ukrainian, and twenty five percent Tatar, which is an indigenous Muslim population with their own language. They're kind of Turkish, and I actually knew a girl of that background way back twenty years ago, but I haven't seen her in twenty years, but she spoke Russian fluently. I remember that much.
Speaker 1: I thought the Tartars were ethnic, like a tribal ethnic group out of Russia. The Yakuts are another one that we just talked about on the Fire Eagle Nest episode we just did. It's like a Russian tribal group in Siberia. I thought the Tartars were kind of also a Russian tribal group. I didn't know they were a Turkish based group.
Speaker 5: They're Central Asian and those people are also related to Turks, to Turkmen. My grandfather told me he was told in the fifties when he was studying linguistics that Korean was related to Turkish, But that's been more poop pooed and debunked now and I never really believed that much. But like everywhere from Kazakhstan to Turkey, including a lot of southern Russia, is actually kind of related. They're Muslim and their Turkic.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I had never heard the linguistic connection between Korea and Turkey. That's a wild claim. But then again, I've also heard people, even on the Cult of Conspiracy, We've had people say that the connection to Semitic languages. You can look at the Welsh language and even some of the Gaelic languages and find direct connections between Hebrew and traditional Irish Gaelic. I personally do not see that at all, not even just their alphabet, but the words, the pronunciations or any of that. But some people make these connections. I'm not smart enough to look at it with that kind of a tilted lens. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 5: Much of Ukraine, by the way, including the part they're fighting over right now. Between Russia and Ukraine that used to be Turkic. The Cossacks I believe were Turkic people. They spoke a Turkic language, but they were Orthodox Christian and well, I could be wrong about some of this, but if you go back far enough, like three hundred years or more, that's it was a very different demographic landscape there before the Slavs moved in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you're I think you're on the money on this. Yeah, the Cossacks were kind of a weird. I don't want to call them a warlord group, and it's also unfair to call them like a mercenary group too, although multiple cultures and multiple kingdoms have hired them as mercenaries. But that's just kind of what they did. They were a nomadic tribal people that yeah, I've not mistaken there. They were more of a Turkic language background, and I don't know ethno, I want to say Ethno. Linguistically, they were from at least Turkic origins or they were like some like second or third cousins of the Turks, something along these lines. But then, yeah, the Slavic influences kind of enveloped them as time went on and everything. But yeah, interesting things. Okay, now, as we're on the topic of Russia and everything, what have you heard about this? Thirty thousand troops from North Korea are making their way to the Ukrainian front and the whole two hundred thousand more conscripts from Russia. What's your take on this?
Speaker 5: Well, I guess Ukraine, I mean, sorry, in North Korea, there's still got more guys to send. I think the population in North Korea is something like twenty or thirty million, and they probably have a mandatory draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And also I got to correct myself. I think I commented it chat last night that Russia isn't conscripting, but then I googled it later and it looks like, yeah, they actually are, and they have been since late April. Yeah. Now, this is not full blown shove a rifle into somebody's hands and send them to the front. It's more like, well, you're being conscripted. You're gonna be in a support role. You're not going to be fighting, because if you wanted to fight, you probably would have volunteered for that already. But you're gonna replace guys who are already doing support roles. And they volunteered and they are probably gonna be put on the front line to fight. It's kind of the same switch or u that was going on a couple of years ago when the airports got flooded, when Russia was calling up reservists, those reservists were only going to go to other parts of the Russian border. They weren't going to go to Ukraine. They were relieving people and like Kazakhstan and Mongolia so that those people could go to Ukraine. My overall impression is Russia's gonna win this. I've been saying that for a while, and I don't think they're gonna need to be scraping the bottom of the barrel or forcing too many guys to fight who don't already want to fight. They already have a pretty high military volunteer rate, kind of like this country does. A lot of people join it because they get educational benefits and other benefits out of it. And yeah, they're going to win this eventually. They're just grinding through, gaining a couple square miles every day, and Ukraine it's falling slowly, but one of these days it might be an all at once kind of thing where it falls off a cliff and Europe in America don't want them to fall off the cliff. I think Trump wants some negotiated settlement, but he did agree to send a bunch more weapons there a day or two ago. I was a little disappointed at that, but whatever, it just is what it is, and I'm still gonna hope that March of twenty twenty six, I think this will be over.
Speaker 1: Now with the North Korean troops making their way to the front, there's a talk being had about how Russia is going to give North Korea some more modern and updated tech. There is a fear that I've seen a few different news anchors and content creators and all these things proposed to say that we may be looking at the beginnings of a new arms race on the Korean peninsula because Korea is mostly or North Korea is dealing with mostly outdated equipment and outdated tactics. None of their people have seen combat since the Korean War any of these things. And it made sense to me whenever I mean North Korea, being a pariah state as they are, they don't have many allies. Russia is one of them, so them sending a contingent of troops to the front to get some of their elder units to get some battlefield testing and experience. It may sense to me thirty thousand more. I'm not even saying that's more their elite units or how many you know, battalions that is in the North Korean Army. I got no idea, But of the ten thousand they sent, I want to say, seven thousand have been either KIA or or I don't want to use the term MIA, but they're no longer on the front line from name your reason. The guys that are still there have like acclimated to being on the front lines and in the trench warfare and all these things. And thirty thousand more that's definitely not a little bit. It's not a lot either, but it's it's very much needed on the front from anybody. And if Russia gives them more modern tech that they have not had access to, they're saying that they may use this tech to create better weapons systems that they can then use to attack South Korea. What is your take on this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I bet that's one hundred percent true. And I wasn't thinking about that, but it makes sense. This is probably a quid pro quote kind of situation. Russia and North Korea. From what I've read, they've been very public. They've been making very public statements about how our relationship is as strong as it's ever been and it's going to get stronger, and we got a formal alliance now basically I think they signed some paperwork to really formalize it. But I've also seen that China does not make alliances with anybody. So China and Russia, Shiji Ping and Putin say our relationship is stronger than ever, but China doesn't want to actually be a formal ally with anybody, and North Korea is a little more desperate. They don't really have any allies, so reading Russia really really helps them out on that front. This is a quid pro quo relationship for both of them. They're both seeing some benefits, and I'm sure Russia appreciates the troops for North Korea. You know, I'm really wondering what this is going to do for Trump's motivation to try to make peace with the North Korea, which I think he sincerely tried in his first term, because he tried to meet Kim two or three times, one time down in like Singapore or something, and then the second time in Korea, and maybe there's a third time. I don't remember, but John Bolton kind of torpedoed that whole thing. Yeah, And I think it would have been good for Trump to at least end the war formally and try to get a peace agreement there, because Trump was Trump's main geopolitical vision is that China is our main enemy or adversary, enemy, competitor, or whatever you want to call them, and then we need as many partners in the in the global competition against China as we can get, and North Korea might be a useful one because contrary to what so many advisors say, China actually doesn't control North Korea. They get along kind of sort of half the time, but not really.
Speaker 1: So it's a Chiavellian friendship if nothing else. That's it's for the betterment of each other. It's not like any of them actually care about each other by any means.
Speaker 5: Uh huh. I think I think Trump could have and should have made peace with the North Korean and it's a shame he didn't, And you know, I wonder if he'll try to do it again. I hope he does.
Speaker 1: I think he got, like you said, further than any other president has since the end of the Korean War. I don't think we've ever had a president go to North Korea in the way that he did and get paper signed. But yeah, just a couple of years later, North Korea blows up the railways and the bridges connecting the two countries, which weren't being used by any means, but they were there. Then they're trying to launch ships and up their navy, which I'm not inherently upset with a country with a coastline trying to have a naval presence. That makes sense to me, but that was also kind of a bit of an embarrassment. So yeah, we'll see what happens. And I don't know for a fact that Kim John will actually take the new and turn it into weapons and attack South Korea. I highly suspect that. I'm like ninety nine percent sure that if nothing else, he'll use it to do even louder saber rattling, you know. And Okay, but I don't. I don't know how it's gonna shake out. And to your point, no, China's not friends with North Korea. They have supported them historically speaking, but also it wasn't too terribly long ago whenever North Korea was messing around with nukes that China sent like one hundred thousand troops to the North Korean border to basically tell them, like yo, stop, like enough where we are even getting tired of y'all's of y'all shit. So I don't I don't think Jijaping is particularly fond of Kim Jong. It's more like an enemy of my enemy situation when it benefits all parties. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, every country also wants to have the most advanced weapons they possibly can, and it's often legitimately or sincerely for self defense. Yeah, you know, I think Israel's possession of nuclear weapon bes is mostly for their own self defense, that's but nobody wants another country to have powerful weapons, even if it is just for that that country's own self defense, because it does tip the whole balance.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: Know, Like I ran, for instance, they've been screaming death to Israel and death to America for decades. Like okay, even the other Muslim countries don't want them to have nukes. But at the same time, if I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, shouts against nuclear and chemical weapons, they've never pursued them since the revolution. They might they Yeah, they never have, but you know, they might start if they really feel like that's the only way to ensure their survival.
Speaker 1: But then also, like let's say Laos. If Laos decided that they wanted nukes, and not to anybody who's listening, I am not a geopolitical expert on all countries and Southeast Age. I'm just dowing a shot out of a cannon here. I don't know how many countries would really be pissed off at that. I mean, their neighbors would probably have something to say, I'm sure, but it's not like America would be like, oh, we have to stop these these Laustian people from the habit Like nobody's at war with them. They're not at war with anybody there. They're just kind of doing their own thing right now, you know, That's what I'm saying. I don't know if a country was pretty neutral, likes Switzerland. Historically, that's one of the most neutral countries on Earth. Ever, if Switzerland decided they wanted to have nukes, I don't know if anybody would really have a problem with that, or if that would cause a massive up I don't know. Iran, I could understand what that would cause a people I don't know well.
Speaker 5: In the late twentieth century, when the Non Proliferation Agreement was being proposed and I think it was signed in nineteen seventy, the world was full of all these developing countries. We're trying to say as publicly as possible that we don't want nukes because that'll just draw us into the whole US versus Soviet struggle and we just want no part of that. It would have so amusually saying. North Korea was even saying it was very public saying we don't want nukes in nineteen eighty nine, and they only started pursuing them after two thousand and three because George W. Bush included them in the Access of Evil speech that he gave and Bill Clinton's agreed framework of nineteen ninety four went away. But the US was supposed to help North Korea obtain some light water nuclear reactors for power after the nineteen ninety four agreement, and the US never did. I think the gamble there was that that was the year Kim Il sung died and New Gingrich and the Republican majority in Congress were gambling that, oh yeah, North Korea's government's going to fall any minute now. I mean, look what just happened to Russia a few years ago, and you know, yeah, North Korea's government's going to fall. But the Republicans gambled wrong, and Bill Clinton also, I guess, gambled wrong. The executive branch did have some control all over that, and that was when. I don't want to blame the US too much, but the North Korea alleges that the famine that occurred in nineteen ninety seven was largely a result of the US failing to live up to its obligation to relieve sanctions and things like that. So that's their spin on it. Maybe they should be expected to be able to feed themselves anyway.
Speaker 1: And they don't have that large of a country like you would think. And I don't know how the soil and agriculture is in North Korea, but you would think that for the land mass they have, they could and should be able to grow enough food and have enough livestock to feed their nation. I don't know, I feel like that would that's not too crazy, man, ask.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, I guess they import food, and Germany else used to import food a lot, and they were heavily dependent on trade before World War One, and they pursued a much more autarchic way of making their own food after that. I know, I'm kind of going down a lot of tangents right now, but you know, part of me, you know, part of me loves the idea of free trade, but part of me also wants as much local independence as possible, because you don't want a place in the world to start to death just because it's so relying on importing food. I think Yemen was in a situation like that, and Gaza is in a situation like that too, have to import everything. Yeah, I mean, she's not a good place to be.
Speaker 1: I think you have to have a little bit of both. Like you'd absolutely want and need free trade in order for society to thrive. But also, yeah, you we all want our local area to be so independent that it could since completely sustain itself. I mean, hell, I want my neighborhood to be able to sustain itself. I wish it would. It won't. That's blame the HOA for that, but neither here nor there. Yeah, I'm with you. I think that. I don't know. Again, if North Korea has like no agreeable land, than fine, I understand the need to import food and everything. But even still, there's been many reports from like Human Watch or Human Rights Watch and surveys and all of these things saying that Kim John basically starves his people intentionally, not necessarily to get their submission. They already give him the full submission, but it's it's been shown how even when he gets aid and resources, he hoards those for himself and his crew and lets his people starve by the wayside. So I also see that as a possible benefit these North Korean troops that are going to the front lines here. I think they're probably getting better fed now than they have arguably in their entire lives. So I could I could see it as you know, as a young North Korean soldier who might get the opportunity to pull it to the front line and all these things like, yeah, that seems like a really good option as opposed to staying here and dying. But I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, have you ever seen video of on the streets of North Korea.
Speaker 1: I've seen a few documentaries of people that snuck across the border and were shown like all of the quote unquote sites by like tour guides and stuff, and it is an extremely clean place. But also, like he showed this one, this girl runs a for lack of better, it's not a pool haul and it's not a bar, but it's like a lounge type area that never has customers. He was like her first customer in a year and a half, and like it was cool, he had fun and everything, but also like, why aren't people coming here? Why aren't they doing this? Like and basically from what she said, it's and she wasn't like pleading her case. It was like very this was her life. They're like, well, no one has money to spend, so nobody's gonna come here to waste time when they could be out trying to work and make money and feed themselves and stuff. It's just is what it is. And he's like, so how do you support yourself? And she was like, well, the government pays us all our share, so like I get paid to sit here and wait for someone to come in the door to play pool or watch this or do whatever. And it was it was very strange. It's very it's very dystopian.
Speaker 5: Yeah, from what I've seen, you do see kids going to school, you don't see people starving to death. Anymore, even though that was a big deal in the late nineties. You do see some commerce and a lot of bicycles, not many cars, right, but it seems like they're doing a lot better than they used to. But it seems like also a population of people that's also that's all being all waiting to be told what to do. And every once in a while when some of somebody escapes North Korea, they get to the South and they started asking, Okay, well, what do you want me to do? What job should I have? And they're told it's up to you, you can do what you want, and they just don't know what to do with themselves. It's like, no, somebody tell me what to do.
Speaker 1: They don't have like dreams or aspirations because they were taught not to have dreams and aspirations. It's it's very much just do as you're told kind of thing. So, yeah, and then you have people that leave that and they like, what's that one Yomi Park I think her name is, yeah, and she's talking about how like growing up in North Korea and what that was like. And then there's people that bash her and say that that was completely all fabricated, made up and she's just saying whatever she can to get timp or fifteen minutes of fame. I don't know her personally, so I can't speak on it, but yeah, that's that's a whole other thing that you'll see. It's like there's propaganda either way you look at that, because there's a ton of North Korean defectors who you can watch their interviews and they don't really have many positive things to say about North Korea. But then you'll have others that will say, well, they're doing that clearly because this is them trying to like counterop the North Koreans to make them look evil and it you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've just seen Yon Me Park on Joe Rogan and stuff. And the thing she the thing she's gotten the most criticism for was by saying that, oh, in North Korea, kids are starving all the time and parents give their kids mud to eat, but if you eat the mud, you'll die in seven days. I think something like that probably happened a lot back in nineteen ninety seven, but it's probably not happened recently.
Speaker 1: I mean you say that, but also look at Haiti right now. They have those mud cookies that they're feeding people.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, yeah, I didn't see that. That's pretty insane.
Speaker 1: It's so bad that they are buying them on credit. Like, and that's the thing that you could just so you could source the dirt in your backyard. Why are you buying it from somebody and then since nobody has money, you have to buy it on credit for a mud cookie, It makes no sense to me, So like, it's it now. I don't know about if you eat the mud you die in seven days. I have no idea what that claim is about. I don't know. Again, soil toxicity in North Korea as opposed to haiti, I don't know. But yeah, people in those dire straits that are starving eating actual dirt. Yeah, that's absolutely a thing. I don't know. It's it is.
Speaker 5: Here's another thing from North Korea. This happened like maybe a month or two ago. BBC got a smartphone that was smuggled out of North Korea and they were commenting on how if you try to text message politically incorrect words like South Korea, it will auto correct you to puppet state, and it'll also kind of criticize you and smack you on the wrist a little bit.
Speaker 1: I can believe it. That's hilarious.
Speaker 5: But then I liked one Twitter comment or is there's a Chinese, you know, big time pro China guy? He said, Wait, I thought I was supposed to believe that North Korea has no electricity. Now you're telling me they have smartphones. But yeah, it is believable. North Korea has progressed all the way to smartphones, and they do have electricity. They do have enough food now. But you can't write whatever you want on.
Speaker 1: The smartphone, of course not.
Speaker 5: But it also reminds me of being during COVID, where you couldn't write whatever you wanted on Facebook or Twitter either, and you slip up just a little, but even if it's not even realistic, really a slip up that you just get flagged. And you know, I'm glad we're more free now than we were back then, and it's worse in North Korea. But yeah, the smartphone is pretty much what you'd expect in North Korean smartphone to.
Speaker 1: Be, like, I mean, hell, that's the reason why the culture conspiracy isn't on YouTube is because we had no freedom of speech during COVID. Yeah, North Korea, there's no way they their people don't have freedom for much, if any. So yeah, of course the smartphones are gonna autocorrect certain terms and phrases like that. That's that's funny, all right now. I did want to wrap the episode with this last article that raven Le sent as a matter of fact, this is kind of circling back to the Epstein thing. Let's see this was written. This is from the Intelligencer. I don't know if I've heard of this publication before, but okay, and I don't see a date. I don't see a date on this one. Let's check it out. Say, oh oh, this is about the bank accounts. Okay, let's talk why did one of Jeffrey Epstein's bank accounts come back online after his death? Okay. One of the many unknown surrounding Jeffrey Epstein's life and death involves the peculiar circumstances of how a college dropout without any real financial bonafides could rack up a fortune's worth of hundreds of millions of dollars. Seven months after his apparent suicide, new fiscal mysteries are still emerging. According to a court hearing this week, documents presented to a judge in the US Virgin Islands, show a series of multimillion dollar payments transferred from his estate to a bank he owned, South South Country International, after his death in August. Epstein's bank, used to manage offshore dealings, had a little under seven hundred thousand dollars in assets. In December, the estate transferred fifteen point five million dollars. All of the funds save for the five hundred thousand, were withdrawn before the end of this year. There's no explanation for it. Judge Carolyn Hermann Purcell, who was responsible for the responsible for the distribution of Epstein's remaining assets in the Virgin Islands. Epstein's lawyer, claims that the transfers were in error, though the records are found listed with basic financial payments like cable bills. Herman Purcell law has ordered the estate to produce further documents explaining the financial irregularities. Another major oddity was reported this week. Epstein's bank, Southern Country International, should not have existed due to his criminal history. Still, his twenty fourteen application, in which Epstein sold himself as one of the pioneers in investment banking, was approved, becoming one of the US Virgin Island's first International Banks, despite license renewals every year up until twenty nineteen. The Daily Mail reports that there was no indication that the bank was operating as a business in the time it was open. At the moment, court cases in the US Virgin Islands appeared to be the most promising vehicle for uncovering more information about Epstein's alleged sex traffick operations and financial inconsistencies. In addition to the case overseen by Herman Purcel that will distribute Epstein's assets, now estimated to be as much as six hundred and thirty four million dollars, the Attorney General of the United States Virgin Islands, Denise in George, filed a lawsuit against the estate, alleging that the financier had trafficked hundreds of victims, potentially as young as eleven years old, to his island of Little Saint James, and maintained the operation until as late as twenty eighteen. Okay, so allegedly these banks, the bank accounts are not supposed to be up and running in the bank was shut down all this, but it's still transferring millions of dollars. So that is quite interesting. I mean, just because he's out. I'm sure he had other bank representatives that had access to things that are making these transfers happen. But still that's kind of peculiar. And all these new and new quote unquote nothing to see here moments from the Judicial Department. That's highly suspect. That is highly suspect. And this is why I'm a conspiracy theorist, y'all. Just so everyone's clear. Anyway, Again, I want to thank everybody for coming out and joining me on this evening. To any of the good listeners, if you would like to be a part of the Cajun Night Live, then come check me out on Patreon. Link is in the description below. Again, thank you everybody, and as always, God bless